Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, March seventh, and we are forty nine days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 3: Under fifty days to go.
Speaker 4: Until the futures of the NFL are decided across every thirty two of the organizations.
Speaker 2: Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte. We've got Zach Walchuck back in action. Congratulations, Daddy Walchuck's buddy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to you as well.
Speaker 4: How about that just down here in the corner, just four babies new, got it, got it done.
Speaker 3: Look, hey, I guess you found out the triplets came.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, look this corner now it's mine between Nick, Zach and myself.
Speaker 4: Yep, there are four new babies the world. Congratulations Nick, well, John, good job, buddy.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: It's a blessing. She's amazing, Yeah, unbelievable, great stuff.
Speaker 4: And within forty eight hours of each other, we were just trying to line it up for draft time.
Speaker 2: Hey, she knew she's like, look, I was scheduled to come close to the draft, probably about two weeks before. I said, baby girl, can you come a little bit earlier so I'm in ample shape to make.
Speaker 5: Sure we can run those three days. Boom, good to go.
Speaker 6: Do one of the players cough on you or something? Did you catch something?
Speaker 2: Clearly something in the water.
Speaker 6: I don't even think it's in the water. I think it's airborne. How many kids that were born from the team and then outside of the.
Speaker 2: Same time within four days of waltsha and less than a week after ours were born? So yeah, yeah, airborne.
Speaker 5: Bennett my son who sophomore in Texas now, he was born three days after the four draft. And I remember Parcels asking me, He goes, you're gonna be here for that draft? I said, my kids being born, No, you could do this by yourself and he's like early. I'm like, yeah, really, it's my only kid, what what do you mean? But yeah, then it held off till the Uh. It's always funny. Draft weekend is uh is we celebrate after the drafts. That's awesome. So it's kind of cool. But congratulations to everybody, thank you. That's awful nice and it understood the sign.
Speaker 4: We've got Nick Harris, Brian brought us Asha Morrison. I'm Kyle Omens with Chris Beam in the back. And there's plenty to get to. We talked about the combine a lot on Tuesday. Most of that hay.
Speaker 2: Is now in the barn. Now you're looking ahead to thirty visits, you're looking ahead to Dallas Day, you're looking ahead to these these individual meetings with players, Brian, and this is a crucial time because now you have at least you would think all of the medical information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would have.
Speaker 2: Some guys some yeah, exactly, some measurements, some right, measurables across the board. Right now, it's about getting to know these guys from another level.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And we're to the point now where everybody came back from the combine. You settled in. They'll start to get the number. Uh, they've got their own numbers. They'll get those plugged into their uh to their machines. Uh, they'll get all that, they'll get their tags ready for the meetings that are they're about to have.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the thirty visits. Those come pretty quickly, and then we start to the pro days. There's a lot of guys that probably want some doovers. On some runs, we'll start to see a bunch of guys have to do the shuttles, all those the ones there, all those guys that didn't want to do anything with the twenty shuttle or the three cone or any.
Speaker 3: Of that stuff.
Speaker 5: There'll be a lot of that going on right now. So it is it's a it's a really really really busy time and uh it it uh you know, like I say, you just kind of make sure you get all your information in. You get your information in, you get the information from the combine, the floor. Uh, those times you put those in and then it gives you the best opportunity, like say, your tags look clean and then when you start to meet boom, everything is ready to go.
Speaker 8: I think for the the biggest thing that you could love and scouting is context and data. Yeah, and Combine is huge for that because all of the unknowns that you have going into combine, you have most of them solved after coming out. So being able to add that contact, add that data, it just kind of helps make a better pick at the end of the day. I think over the course of the next month, this is when you really start to see the staffs really zone a zone in and hone in on some potential targets, whether that be in the first round or in the seventh round. I mean that's there's a big, big three day period there that they're gonna make picks and they're gonna be looking at targets for all those days.
Speaker 5: Well, it's the time too when there's draft meetings, and I mean, you guys would be just finding these draft meetings because your willingness to fight and argue and agree. And that's what it really comes down to. You know, you go in that room, you close the door, you watch the tape. There's some guys that go up on that board that you've never seen before, and you're thinking, like, wait a minute, that guy, that guy's way better than the guy I'm about to present. You know, see, you got to kind of have an idea. But again, it's about kind of challenging each other. And that's where your boards are really really good. And we always talked about don't window dress your board. You know, have an honest opinion, have an honest assessment, put the best grade you can on the guy. And usually your first view is your right view.
Speaker 3: You know, don't. I mean, I just encourage people.
Speaker 5: If you're doing this like you know we are, and putting things together, trust your first look. You know, don't sit there, well, guy, I ran really great at the combine. Hey I got to push him up or I got to take him down or whatever. No, trust your eyes, trust your film, trust what you've seen and be able to compare them to the other guys that you've seen. And that way, I'll tell you what you will. You'll help yourself at the end to have the absolute best board you could put together to the next point.
Speaker 6: This is the time where things start. Guys start to separate themselves.
Speaker 2: They do, our boards start.
Speaker 6: To make a little bit more sense than comparisons. But I did have a question for mostly you, Brian, but everybody can answer when I mean, okay, so some guys didn't want to perform, didn't want to do certain things at the combine, right, some guys do just want to do things at their pro day?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Is there something to be said about the discomfort of the combine and how high pressure is and the position it puts you in. And because of course at the pro day, some of these guys are at the facilities they've been at their whole career or whatever the case may be. There's some comfort that comes with that. Do you think as a scout, as a former scout, you does that matter in the process to the fact that they didn't want to do the things in front of that way.
Speaker 5: You know what, it's a it's a great question because the guys, the quarterbacks that threw you appreciate because they're not comfortable with These receivers are thrown to. They're lined up out there because of alphabetical order their name to another wide receiver's name. So you might get a rotation of receivers that can make you look really good, and then some that are dropping everything in sight, you know, because of nerves or whatever. There is a level of that being uncomfortable with the combine, and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of players will tell you the way.
Speaker 5: That the combine it drags you. It drags you from here to here to hear. It's exhausting, and you don't sleep, your nervous and you know, and there's even even the scouts by the end of it, you're irritated, you know, because you're tired and you're grumpy, and you're sitting there thinking about Okay, Now I got to catch a plane out of here and have two connections to get home.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it is a it is a tough, tough thing.
Speaker 5: I we We've always done this though, even going back to the early nineties when I first started here. It you're still going to drive to Baton Rouge, You're still going to drive to Norman, Oklahoma, You're still going to drive to Austin, Texas. If these kids don't work out, that's fine. I'm still I'm gonna catch it. And if they want to work out in their environment.
Speaker 3: Fine, you know.
Speaker 5: But the guys that shine at the Combine, you kind of kind of see them in a little bit of a different light because now it's televised. Now there's crowd, now there's pressure, now there's those are the guys you're like, oh wow, big stage, that guy, Yeah yeah, that guy, that guy right there showed up in a big stage. Yeah, you know, And I trust me, I just want everybody at the Combine to do medical. That's why I got upset with the Caleb Williams thing. I just you know, if I was the Bears or one of these teams that's looking for a quarterback at two three four, five, whatever that spot is.
Speaker 3: I need that medical man.
Speaker 6: Isn't he Isn't he only doing it to the teams that are really interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, team that wants to move up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's the problem I have. That's the problem. Like if I'm sitting there and I'm the Giants and I'm looking to move up for a quarterback and I'm gonna get all the way to one, and he's thinking, oh, you're picking six, I'm not going to see you, And I'm thinking, wait a minute, now, i might trade this thing up. And see that's where that's to me. I don't mind him not working out. I just need your medical man. I just need because we've we've done this before, we said it before. We've we've found heart conditions, we found back problems, we found broken.
Speaker 3: Foots, you know, feet, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's what we've that's what we've done at the combine. And I need to know these things because my job's on the line here if I you know, if I but the problem with Caleb Wibbs now on his thirty visit, majority of that time is going to be spent him getting a physical and I and I said it today. It's not turning cough, you know, turn your head and cough. It's a pretty extensive physical that he is going.
Speaker 3: To have to go through.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, that's that's the He could have knocked that all out and we didn't. But you know what, we'll do what we have to do to get these players done right.
Speaker 2: Well, you think about the list of what players just have to go through at the combine too.
Speaker 5: You look at it all the way through.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's medicals, it's meetings, it's media, it's tough back and forth. It's tough all the ways through, and then you've got to work out with five hundred other prospects. It's not five hundred, I know, it's like three fifty, but it's still. Yeah's a ton of players that you're going up against.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: It's a proda.
Speaker 2: You're in your own building, right The only thing you really have to worry about is getting to the facility, driving your own car, parking in your own parking spot, and then rushing or locker with with guys that you all know, and then turning around and talking to the media. For like ten minutes afterwards. That's the extent and the difference between the NFL combine and Pro Day's. If you can succeed in either category, you're the combine is going to carry more weight. But I don't think you should be knocked in.
Speaker 3: The combine was designed not to be easy. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 5: If you look if yeah, if you look at it, if you look at now with the way it is on TV and the pressure these kids are under. Uh, but there's some kids that also can roll out of bed and run for four, right, There's some kids that can do that. It's the kids that that aren't sure that run four five six, that are wide receiver or running back that runs four seven to two.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 5: Now the pressure outres Now the pressure of your Pro Day turns into a But I've always said this, guys, if I really like a kid, I could get him running at thirty eight yards he's downhill, I could, I can, I can get him, I can fast.
Speaker 3: I get him fast enough for you if you want.
Speaker 2: All right, Bryan, speaking of guys that you like, Yeah, you've got a would you rather We played this a couple of weeks ago, two prospects on the board pretty tight in where they would be drafted.
Speaker 5: Would you rather have this guy or that guy?
Speaker 2: Where do you want to start things off?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I will start off with uh, how about with you Woolly Bully?
Speaker 3: Okay, and we'll go around.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you two names, and they're they're within the same position group, okay, And I'm trying to get him through the almost like similar players, maybe similar skill set, similar heightweight, But tell me who would you rather? The first one I'm gonna start with with you is is Javon Baker or Jalen McMillan. Javon Baker from Central Florida, Jalen McMillan from Washington. Who would you rather between those two wide receivers?
Speaker 2: I love both guys, but I've got j Mac higher on my stack than I do Javonne Baker. I watched Jalen McMillan and I just see like this dude's got it. He smooth, cerebral, the way he moves, Chris route runner, wins deep in immediate, shallow, explosive in the open field, shift, he has good burst, He's a playmaker, wins in the red zone. Don't see a lot of drops with him, can play him inside outside. I think he can be a third down weapon for you in a super competitor. I mean, he's a dude. If he didn't play at Washington, where you've got Roma Dunsay and also a Jalen Polk, all three tremendous, he'd have been a number one wide receiver at the majority of colleges in the nation. Now, Javon Baker is an outstanding player as well. His ability to go back shoulder is Das Bryant esque when you watch him play.
Speaker 5: I kind of looked at him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, he kind of reminds me of a blend of a Keenan McCardell and a Dad's Bryant wins off the line, He's a chunk player down the field. But I think Jalen McMillan can do more than Javon Baker. I've got a second round grade on j Mack. I think I'm higher on him than maybe some other people are. I absolutely love him. I think he's going to be an absolute stud.
Speaker 5: Baker. I've gotten the third So give me j Mack.
Speaker 3: How about you, Nick?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you look at the production that Jalen McMillan had in his junior year, and you kind of compare that with what Javon Baker was able to do in his senior year. You see a lot of similarities as far as how they were used in the offense, the trust that each of their quarterbacks had, and those guys during those seasons. The thing that separates Jalen McMillan for me as well is the experience playing with all of those guys that's an NFL offense, and I think that's gonna be something very unique that Michael Pennix will take away that Roma Dunza, Jalen Polk, all those guys, even Dylan Johnson at running back. I think that's a unique thing that all these guys will be able to take away from Washington, the fact that all these skill guys they're going to be playing at the next level, and whenever they get to that NFL level, there's not going to be a whole lot of adjusting that they're going to have to do. Whenever they look across the line, and you know, wide receiver four is as good as you are, you know, so I don't think there's gonna be a ton of adjusting that those guys will be able to do. I think these guys are very similar in what they bring to the table. I love what Javon Baker does. I'm glad you mentioned the back shoulder because body control is the thing that stood out absolutely. That's what I wrote down for him. So, I mean, he's a guy that you can trust in red zone, but also to stretch the field and be a vertical threat. But I think with Jalen McMillan, whenever he steps into an NFL team, I think he'll be a little bit more ready than what Javon Baker will will do. Even though Javon Baker started his career at Alabama, I still feel that way with Jaalen mcmill is that a byproduct.
Speaker 4: Just based off of the fact that he's seen more or a higher level of competition and succeeded against it more recently than what Baker has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, Okay.
Speaker 6: Interesting when I look at Jalen McMillan, I noticed his long strides just kind of how his releases are. I do think the route running is just a little bit more refined from Javon Baker. In my opinion, I think his releases are just a little bit more fluid. But from McMillan, I'm so glad y'all brought up the body control and being the contested catches, the tight window catches. I mean Jesus that Pennix really trusted McMillian says something. Some of those throws that he made him were tight windows. He had to have strong hands and he climbs the ladder. You guys talked about the back shoulder thing, So for me it would be it would be McMillan, But I would be only because even though his frame was a little lighter, do you think they would maybe want to put a little bit more weight on him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, probably so, And I think that's same to be said for a lot of these guys.
Speaker 10: Too.
Speaker 6: He could definitely use a little bit more size as well. I will say I feel like I feel like a McMillan is a little bit more willing as a blocker as well on the outside than Javon Bakers, And I think that stands out when you look at some of the better offenses in the league. They want guys that can block on the outside as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was asked to do a lot more that this past season than he was as a junior. I think it's it's very interesting how he was used as a junior versus how he was used as a senior, because you see two different sides to McMillan's game, and I think that makes him a little bit more versatile for.
Speaker 7: The next level.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and also too, did he deal with some injuries this past.
Speaker 2: Year, Yes, he did.
Speaker 8: He missed a few games just kind of in and out. It was right there in that middle stretch where they were playing like usc Utah Organ, like right there in a row, and he was in and out of those games. And that's when more trust started to get involved with Ramadoonza and Jalen Polk And then by the time he had come back, I mean, still a big part of that offense. But you got a wide receiver one and a wide receiver one A.
Speaker 2: He could be that wide receiver one B Pennix. Penix's numbers went down without him in there. Yes, And to me that's also something you look at and say, hey, you got two other stud receivers without Jalen McMillan, that offense didn't run as well.
Speaker 8: If you don't trust Jalen McMillan, viewers, I mean feel free you have your own opinion. Go watch it, Go watch that junior season wherever he was the That's what I.
Speaker 6: Was about to say if you were worried about, especially since he did have some injuries in that key time that you mentioned, Nick, I went out and went and watched twenty twenty two of him. I watched quite a bit from him there, and I was like, oh, Okay, that's that's what I'm looking out there. Okay, cool. So yeah, I would go with McMillan as well, But I do think Javon Baker is going to be a good player for wherever he goes.
Speaker 2: The only reason I would go mc millan over Javon Baker is the fact that the calling card for Baker out of UCF was his straight line speed. It was what he could do in a straight line, his vertical ability to separate at the second level.
Speaker 4: And then he comes up and he runs the four or five four. I mean, it's one of those things, like you said, Ian, you trust your first look. He's got it on tape. The speed is there, the separation is there. But then he comes out and he runs and he doesn't perform at the combine. Do you knock him enough for that, I'm not gonna knock him a ton, But in terms of what Polk is and a trustworthy prospect, I think I'm going with Polk over McMillan, or excuse me, McMillan over Polk.
Speaker 3: Baker, Baker, Baker.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 5: You know what I look at Baker, I look at the other Washington receivers. You know, when I look at Baker, I see Jalen Tolbert out of South Alabama when he came out.
Speaker 3: I see, that's what he looks like to me. Yeah, I can see exactly what I think. He's better twenty catches.
Speaker 5: Maybe not the speediest guy, big, bigger body guy kind of going up and getting the ball.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like that's if Jay.
Speaker 5: He reminded me of the way Jalen Tolbert played a little bit South Alabama releases. No it doesn't, I mean, because Jalen Tolbert in college was damn good.
Speaker 2: Yea, he was.
Speaker 3: He's a strong handed guy.
Speaker 5: I mean the production was there with Baker.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at the.
Speaker 6: Big twelve and this guy slight production.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so how about this next one? And uh, Nick, we'll go with you on this one. Okay, listen to the receiver combination Ricky Pearsall or Roman Wilson. Yeah, this is Ricky Pearsall, Florida, Roman Wilson, Michigan.
Speaker 8: This one's fun because I actually we were talking about on Tuesday guys I had to go back and watch and yeah, one of those guys this week has been Ricky Pearsall, and man, he's so much fun. He covered he can be a threat from sideline to sideline, in between the hashes on the boundary, line him up anywhere. He can make things happen. But the same could be said for Roman Wilson. And I think when I was able to compare those two guys side by side at the Senior Bowl, Roman Wilson was who stood out to me more at that point from a change of direction, from a fluid movement ability, being able to separate at the top of his routes. But when you look at Pearsall, there's a little bit more body control. Whenever the ball's in the air, there's a little bit more a fight and a little bit more aggression of physicality. He's bigger and that's a byproduct of that.
Speaker 5: I thought Roman Wilson was a guy, and then they measured him and he wasn't say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's got these thys. He's not tiny, he's got these thyes that are like a nack yea yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But for me, Oatmeal guy.
Speaker 8: For me, it's really close. But I give the edge to Wilson just because of that separation ability. I'm always going to take separation over physicality for me. That's that's at the receiver position. That's what I would rather have. You look at some of the top receivers that are in the league right now, and who is consistent Tyreek Hills separation guy, and he's consistent. You look at a guy like DK Metcalf, physicality guy, probably not as consistent. And I see a lot more consistency in the NFL right now with separation guys rather than physicality guys. As a result, I'll give the edge to Roman Wilson. But I think I think Pearcell is being undervalued. I think he is in this draft.
Speaker 5: Rely, Bully, what do you got man? This was a tough one for me.
Speaker 2: Uh So, we actually talked about this a couple weeks ago, and I went lad McConkie over Roman Wilson. I'm gonna go Roman Wilson here slightly over Ricky Pearsall, And the reason is it's the blocking. And I usually just brought that up second ago. Roman Wilson is an outstanding blocker, and to me, that sets him a part in this. Now, both of these guys can get open. You see the separation. I think Pearsall might have some of the better deep speed. He has one of the best catches I think you'll ever see. I think it was against Charlotte. He goes up there one hand and he just plucks this thing out of the sky.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think both are pretty solid route runners. But Roman Wilson's a track and field guy. But the blocking, to me, his returnability, he's physical. I think he's got a little bit more physicality in his game. Adjust well. I saw some third down production from Roman Wilson.
Speaker 11: I like.
Speaker 2: I think both of these guys are good players, like the way that Pearsall can adjust the tracks the ball in the air. Both have really good, strong natural hands. But I'm gonna go Wilson just a smidgeon ahead of Ricky Piersoll here.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought that up because whenever it comes to Roman Wilson. He is the smaller prospect, but he's the more physical of the two, which is really interesting to me. They're both very good in the finesse game. But whenever I look at Roman Wilson, I see Marvin Mims from last year. That's what I see as a player who.
Speaker 2: Has some physicality to him, a little bit of beef.
Speaker 5: He's not a big but he's wide and he can go make the contested catch.
Speaker 4: Whereas Ricky Pearsall, I'm not saying they compare on the same talent level, but he's Jackson Smith and jigbu Well.
Speaker 2: I think Wilson a couple of guys that are finess like the catch radious might be a little bit better for Wilson. It is Pearsol yeah, and Pearsall has better body control, yeah, and better ability to go up against the defender. Sure, it's it's apples and origins, it's it's flavors of ice cream. But for me, I think I would take Roman Wilson with an edge up.
Speaker 3: I put a mid.
Speaker 2: Second on Roman Wilson and Pearsaw is like a late second, so they're right there with me.
Speaker 7: Interesting, what do you got?
Speaker 3: I issue?
Speaker 8: It's like apples and green apples.
Speaker 3: Apples and green apples. It's true, it's not oranges.
Speaker 2: Shore Yeah, no, no, you're good.
Speaker 8: I got off the track.
Speaker 6: That's okay. No, interesting, because I really felt like that Roman Wilson because of the physicality aspect of it. I felt like he could get jammed at the line sometimes. I felt like he couldn't get off a press consistently as consistently as what I felt like Ricky did, so to me that that might be the only thing, and also to the return ability does make Roman will send a little bit more appealing from that aspect. I don't know if Ricky, if that's something that Ricky did, Nick, is that something that he's done before.
Speaker 8: I couldn't speak to that.
Speaker 6: Well, Taters, well, I have the speed.
Speaker 5: I feel like maybe Pearsall was an.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good to know. But as far as the like I said, it's just interesting to me because we did talk about the route running and I personally think that Ricky is one of the best route runners in this draft as just a pure feel understanding how to get guys to open up their hips things like that. But I did feel like Roman at times if he didn't win the first step and if he didn't win the physical, like the physical part of the bump and run, could you know, be taken off his spot a bit. And with Ricky, I just think he's just a little bit more elusive and just a little bit more fluid. You mentioned the body control. I think that there's a little bit more there. So for me, I think I might go Ricky.
Speaker 5: I didn't even talk to him about that, so that everything everything she said, I was just kind of sitting there nodding to myself. You think Ricky gets off the line better too? Is that the big thing for you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: I tell you what, this guy he's got quickness. I think he's got speed. I think he makes really sharp cuts. I think he gets the defender off balance. I think he'll I think he the circus catches. We talked about, there's few receivers in this draft that he did have the skill that this guy has catching the football. They're both these fun players to watch, yeah, because when you get him the ball, generally good things happen. And you can watch Roman Wilson watch the Alabama game and watch how he wins that game for Michigan. Watch how he takes himself he absolutely did so.
Speaker 3: But do you two are wrong? Over there?
Speaker 2: For guy, they're both play I mean all four of the receivers were talked about.
Speaker 5: I like them all. How are we doing a break?
Speaker 3: We're good. Let's go one more and then we'll Okay, Okay, start with you on this one.
Speaker 5: How about this one, Let's do it? Okay, Ray running back Kentucky Blake Koram Michigan running back.
Speaker 4: See it's funny because all of these top to bottom. I think this is the easiest one out of all of them. We're taking Blake Coorum from Michigan every day of the week.
Speaker 2: And here's why. Ray Davis is a good runner, runs through arm tackles. He's a reliable target in the passing game. You're going to have him.
Speaker 3: Hold on to the football.
Speaker 2: He had just one fumble in his twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 5: I like the way he runs the rock.
Speaker 4: He is a reliable ball carrier, but he's not a playmaker like Blake Koram. Korum is slippery. Whenever he gets to the second level. He gets to the second level with ease.
Speaker 2: He's got great vision, his inateability and balance, his low center of gravity at five foot eleven the way he can spin out of tackles and then still have that power running ability that Ray Davis.
Speaker 4: Has because he can go right through some arm tackles just like Davis can. And he was the playmaker on that Michigan team, especially when they needed it. You talked about the Alabama game. He had the best run of the year against that Alabama defense, barreling through multiple levels of defenders and then finding the end zone, getting to the pylon inside the Rose Bowl to send them to the National Championship game. I think he is the number maybe two three running back in the class, and I have Ray Davis more like talk that talk at seven down there.
Speaker 2: I really like Ray Davis. He's a reliable, reliable ball carrier and he's going to be a great number two. Blake Koram is going to be a number one in an NFL offense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm with you, ditto completely. I've compared. I've compared to Blake korum On here to Kien Williams, and I think there's a very similar skill set there as far as what he could do as being even though he's five foot eight, being a downhill runner and he's got ability between the tackles. Does Ray Davis bring those same type of abilities? Absolutely? Is He probably just as physical. Absolutely. We talk about the playmaking element and being able to be consistent in those short yard situations, the receiving element. I say quorum here. It's not by much though. Ray Davis is flying up my board. He is, but I'm taking Korum.
Speaker 3: Go for it, Willie. Ray Davis.
Speaker 5: Really, Ray Davis is one of my pet cats. I love the kid.
Speaker 2: If you watch Ray Davis, hean's Florida. It's one of the most dominant games that you will see from a running back. He just destroyed the Florida Gators. And it's it's not only on the ground, it's in the passing game as well. And this dude will go down the field and run some routes as a wide receiver. Blake Korum is maxed out. The player that you are getting, No, he is the player who are getting. Blake Korum is smaller than Ray Davis. They're both good that they both have the production and ray Davis actually more carries than Blake Korum and that's enough for me. I think Ray Davis is going to be a better pro. I see more upside. I think pass protection is going to be a little bit better with Ray Davis. I think he's got more receipient upside than Blake Korum does. I think both as runners are very comparable when it comes to their short area quickness, their physicality. They play behind their pads, they can break tackles, they can row through, run through a mofo's face. I love Blake Koram. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to knock this dog, but I got to show some love to Ray Davis. Him and Jalen Wright are my two pet running back cats. I will stand on the table for you, Ray, Ray, I got.
Speaker 5: You, bro.
Speaker 6: What do you think about.
Speaker 2: Speed between Ray Davis Ray Davis? I think it's better long speed than Blake Orn.
Speaker 3: But I think I think so too.
Speaker 6: That's the difference to me, yeah, is that I think the long speed is just a little bit more. There are a lot of they're a lot of the same guy dog Like. I'm watching them and I'm looking and I'm like I said, holy receiving quality, because that's right. But I feel like Blake is the same way is that he can wrap you up, he can get open, he can do things like that. He's not afraid the lowest shoulder. That was my knock on Blake to start. Until we talk to some guys at the Shrine Bowl, I didn't know, like this is a physical dude, like people players have said, when he hits you or contact Corn Blake Korm, you can feel him and even with his frame, maybe you don't think that, but I was corrected. You know, you got me in check. So I'm on the fence.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm watching all twenty two of him against Florida. In this game, you said he took over and he just dropped the pass in the end, he dropped.
Speaker 5: Touchdown.
Speaker 3: Watch the full game.
Speaker 6: Seriously.
Speaker 5: I think one of them is a fire hydrant and the other is one of those old steel mailboxes, you know, like the big mailbox, Davis. They're they're both. I got this because they're both the same height. Basically, they're both the same I'll tell you what though. The thing that that just it's the speed, it's the finish, it's the you see Korm get caught and that kind of like I'm thinking, dude, you're five eight, you gotta go, And so I feel like he's gonna have to split time that's the difference to me, I do I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, but I tell you that's why I brought him.
Speaker 2: So you think Korm has to split fun.
Speaker 3: I think Kor is gonna have to split time.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be for his best interest to split time the way Michigan ran the ball with When you look at Ray Davis, you can say he had as many just as many kids.
Speaker 3: Three schools.
Speaker 6: Are they going power? Yeah, like Michigan goes.
Speaker 3: Power Michigan when he's the Chargers. You know both.
Speaker 5: So anyway, all right, so we've gotten through three.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a couple more after Twitter on the twenty, but we want to answer answer your questions when we come back with more of the draft.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there, he escaped slapped.
Speaker 5: He'll love full first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 7: With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 11: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna rub this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 10: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 5: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: In the stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumnif l here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool I Sae or fatalya bowl handcrafted with crunchy, purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller, leta taste you can depend on.
Speaker 4: Brian brought us Are you Sham Morrison, Nick Harris, Zach Wolchuk. I'm Kyle Yeoman's Chris Beman is in the back about the press a great button because it's signed for something.
Speaker 5: Twitter on.
Speaker 2: Twitter on the twenty chrispa is always all.
Speaker 7: Right, what was that?
Speaker 8: I've been doing that all year? Yeah, one of y'all we're going to notice.
Speaker 2: At some point we got to Kyler Cross asked the question which positions of need are you comfortable going into the season young at via the draft? Not addressing it at all during free agency, but where do you feel like which ones they're going to go young at, which ones they go old at? Whenever they go into the season, Brian kind.
Speaker 5: Of feel like that, you know, they're either going to play with a new center or play with a new left tackle, So those might be, you know, positions even if they don't draft a tackle, and maybe they like awesome Richards, maybe that's the start that they want to go with. That's still a young guy right there. So Yeah, I'm comfortable, Yeah, comfortable when they plug and play guys these offensive line and we say it a bunch, they have a really good history with this. So I'm totally okay with the center, and I'll be totally okay with a left tackle whoever they draft.
Speaker 2: Do you ask the question again, where do you feel like this team going into free agency?
Speaker 3: We think horse Ducks go young or go old.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about right for this question, where do you feel like they would go old at or go young at whenever they go into the season.
Speaker 6: I think you got to get younger at d N. And not that the guys d N aren't young. I just think you've seen what they are most of the depth pieces, Fowler, Drin's Armstrong, Like these guys, I think that we have a good grasp of like who who they are as players. So I do think that maybe going into the draft you might want to get younger there. Probably. I mean Tank has had his best season this past year, but I think he's had in a long time. But he is getting older.
Speaker 5: They might have to go young at defensive tackle if you think about with Masie and then also too, the one that I'm kind of still waiting on and maybe.
Speaker 3: I'm running out of waiting on is Golston.
Speaker 6: Oh no, yeah, move him to d N.
Speaker 8: Please him.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for him.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for him because I feel like he's a good player that's they're trying to kind of figure out where he needs to play.
Speaker 3: And it's probably screwing him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's frustrating because you've seen good flashes from Shauncey Golston, like he definitely has potential to be a good player. I think just to be different on this, because I agree with you on tackle and center, I'll go running back. I think that that that running back room is going to be very very young, and I think that that's a room that that's okay. I think you've seen that be successful in the NFL, where these kids can come in and be productive immediately.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I running back was my answer. Also linebacker as well.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I feel like every position of needs that you look at every position, it's going to be young.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's going to be I think the changing in the last seven days of the quote unquote all in approach perspective, it's completely shifted.
Speaker 4: I think it's completely shifted to back what it has been recently. They're gonna draft, they're gonna draft, have you, They're gonna draft a lot of prospects.
Speaker 2: That's going to be the all in approach with That's just kind of the feeling I get with.
Speaker 6: The running back conversation. Obviously, you know there's some talks that maybe Tony Pollard could come back. I know that people say that running backs the easiest transition for these college players and stuff. But this past season, this is a new offense, you know, and Tony has just gotten introduced to it. They even changed a lot of their pass pro sets for the running backs. Is that something? I mean, this is a passing lead, you know. I do understand that going young is it. Guys can't adapt in things like that. But when you talk about a new scheme being implemented the year before, does that change anything or matter? I guess I'm asking, like, Tony being here is gonna possibly be in here? Could be beneficial for a young player or do you think you should just go completely young and it'll be okay?
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I mean, I think it could be beneficial.
Speaker 2: I think that we've talked about that a lot on our show, Brian, where having a veteran in that room still makes a lot of sense. Specifically the improvements that Tony Pollard's made as a pass protector. I think that's one thing though, when we've been looking at these running backs, like whether it's Trey Benson from Florida, state. I mentioned Ray Davis from Kentucky, Jalen Right from Tennessee. That's one thing where I am I'm elevating some of these guys to thinking they can be three down players because of how they are in past protection. Because if you do end up having to be that role where this rookie comes in, maybe you're not able to afford to Tony Pollard or some of these bigger named veterans in free agency and bring him back.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to rely on that guy. Can't he come in day one and be a three down player? And I think those running backs can be. I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think we're ever going to see a group of running backs and free agency as good as this one.
Speaker 3: The group and the thing about it is my.
Speaker 5: Fear, and this is I think it covers what I issue was saying coaches will always bring back what they feel comfortable with, and they don't maybe they don't want maybe they want a young guy to learn behind Pollard and stuff like that. We've learned that we have that Pollard needs somebody to carry the load with him on that. I wish that they would go out and sign a veteran guy. Other than Tony Pollard. Interesting and I wish they would draft a guy. And but to your point, coaches will do things that they're familiar with. You know, this coach is potentially in his last year. You know, he's going to go with players that he feels like can help him potentially keep his job. And Pollard makes a lot of sense because of front office familiarity, and then also to the fact that he's come out and said he's willing to take less money.
Speaker 3: That's that's music to Stephen Jones's.
Speaker 2: Ears, music to the salary cap Here is there if you bring back Tony Pollard and you bring in a talented draft pick.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'll talk about from a free agent standpoint, you guys, I guess I know we can't go super deep into it, but are there there's maybe a free agent running back outside of Tony poll that you think is an upgrade?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there would be. I think there's absolutely some upgrades.
Speaker 5: I mean, person, we talked about this, yes show on the break, So Derek, we you know we were talking about Yeah, we're talking about names.
Speaker 3: I know what you're doing. I did the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just in case we can't mention it because we can be freely on the fan.
Speaker 3: We cannot be here.
Speaker 5: Jacobs from the Raiders, I would absolutely love that type of guy. Guy could catch it, guy that could block, guy that could run.
Speaker 3: It's tough off guy. It's sixteen hundred yards.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I think perfect.
Speaker 3: I think we all love the Josh Jacobs. I just don't know realistic. I know, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I would love this team to sit there and say, you know what if I guess if they're going to spend money, go spend it on a linebacker, you know, and then but is.
Speaker 2: That the position I think we'd all want, Like if if you had to sacrifice as a linebacker, I would.
Speaker 6: Rather Yeah, I would rather them spend the money, bring back Tony and then bring back and then draft a guide. Then to not address linebacker in free agency, I find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like with the running back, every time I hear the term spend money, I just don't think they're going to spend money.
Speaker 6: How can they not feel the urgency to spend money.
Speaker 2: I don't right now, they don't listen, they just haven't made those movies. Yeah, they've They've opened it up yet it's not going to be.
Speaker 3: I just don't know right now.
Speaker 6: I hope so this next week it's going to be important.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's going to be.
Speaker 3: The next question.
Speaker 4: You can there next question. All right, this is from Berner Cowboys Berner twenty two. So you know it's gonna be a fun one. Please which scenario would you feel more comfortable with going into this first round drafting Memes, Geiton or Morgan So one of those left tackles to be your starting left tackle replacement, Yes, while TJ. Bass and brock Hoffman compete for the starting center position. That's that's option one. The second option is drafting Graham Barton to be the starting center out of Duke while Tyler moves to left tackle and TJ. Bass starts at left guard.
Speaker 8: Give me option one. There's too much moving in that second option. I think they could figure it out with TJ. Bass or brock Hoffman at center. But if you have a guy like Marius Mems at left tackle, that's going to solve a lot of problems for you. And they're an option two. You're moving around a lot of guys. That's a couple of different starters that you're gonna have to throw in at different positions. Give me option one.
Speaker 3: There ten times if the center was the Oregon one.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sam Jackson powers Johnson.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 6: Do you not feel that strongly he won a center.
Speaker 8: Option and moving Tyler at the left tackle. That's that's where it gets difficult for me.
Speaker 5: And I understand and they're probably not going to do it. But to me, I I'm dying at center.
Speaker 3: I'm dying. I'm watching all these teams. I usually told the other day, look at all the teams in the final four.
Speaker 5: What they all do.
Speaker 3: It's fat ass centers run the football.
Speaker 5: It's fat. Yeah. Yeah, you need to be able to you know, all your tackles, all those tackles you mentioned, Yes, yes, bring them, bring them, bring them now. I mean it's just fun.
Speaker 2: Because I locked this up in our text, I was like, Okay, is it easier to take your center in the first round and then you can circle back and get your tackle, or is it easier to take your tackle and then you can circle back and get your center. I'd argue, I think center stretch is better than the tackle.
Speaker 6: I agree in particular, yes.
Speaker 2: Say the center stretch better than I think because I don't know I don't. I'm not as high on some of these other tackles that are going to and he's higher on some of these centers. I like Bowlimmer. I think I could buy in on a Cedric Van Pryan right some of these other centers.
Speaker 4: I think Zach Frazier could stretch to the second around Zack Frazier Westerginia.
Speaker 3: Because of the injury with the leg. Maybe Paswap Minnesota. I can, yeah, we can do.
Speaker 2: I think you're better off at twenty four taking your tackle, whether it's mems, your guiding whoever they want to take there, and then you circle back at fifty six, or if you want to move up to your point if you get a pick swap, I think you can address center, maybe even in the third round if you wanted to.
Speaker 6: I agree, And I also think that there's some offensive linemen that are guards that maybe you can move to center. There are a few that are later down. I think the guards are a little bit more rich, and those middle rounds, there's some guys that we even have the pleasure to see at the Shrine Bowl. Then maybe, But as far as the question goes, I'm gonna go with the first off option. Because even though I think TJ. Bass is capable of being a starter, I the depth on your offensive line is valuable. Like we've seen it. We've seen it too much in this league in the past couple of years. How many injuries have been taking place and things like that. And I'm like, if you have an adequate backup center, if you have an adequate backup guard, yo, don't I understand that they you want to push them to a starter that can maybe be an eventual thing. But sense having that depth is so valuable and knowing for a fact that when he comes in there, you're not about to have to change your game plan. You don't have to change around everything for him. I just it's invaluable. And as far as Tyler Smith goes, respectfully, cut.
Speaker 5: This out, bro, Like, let this kid him where he's going to be.
Speaker 6: I think that his versatility is valuable and it's something that we love. But at some point in time, we got to ask ourselves if we are hurting this kid's development just swipping him back and forth like he a pink.
Speaker 3: But they don't move him back and forth.
Speaker 6: They don't. But it's always a conversation and that, but it.
Speaker 2: Won't be anymore.
Speaker 4: If you move him back to left tackle, that's the end of that conversation for the rest of his career.
Speaker 8: That the conversation wins.
Speaker 5: But the cons that's okay, that's what you drafted him to be.
Speaker 2: You drafted him to play guard for a couple of years and then swing out the tackle when tis That's what they told us.
Speaker 5: That was what they also told us that all in too, they are so told.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but coach Slari came in here during the draft last year in this room instead, I always looking at Tyler as a tackle and they played guard all year and they didn't want to move them.
Speaker 6: I know it's by necessity and things like that. I just think this is his third year, let's find him a home.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not going to breathe.
Speaker 8: I think to all valuable points. A little bit of that plays into me choosing Option one here as well. A big thing is I trust. I have a lot of trust in TJ. Bass and broke Off. I do think those guys too. I think those guys can be started hanging out with.
Speaker 3: Scouts again, having too.
Speaker 10: But that.
Speaker 2: Fixes Tyler and then TJ. Batch, and then you drafted your hangout starter.
Speaker 6: I think, I agree, get starter crap, Zach mar is getting long and so yo having him be able to come in this season, and none of us was like Jesus Christ, I think putting TJ. Bess out there, like none of us felt like that. It's invaluable. It's invaluable. And there are teams that are kicking themselves because they let this kid go undrafted.
Speaker 3: Said, I think he can be a starter.
Speaker 6: I do, but I just don't know if I want him to do it right away because that depth is showing is it's shown its value towards the end of the season for the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: I'm just that's just me kind of along the same real quick, Can I talk you out, Bruce real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 5: If if you take your tackle and the centers there in the second round, but one of those top linebackers from the second round.
Speaker 6: If you go out in free agency, it won't matter.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're not. We're not playing free agency. Just we're drafting. Now we're drafted.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the linebacker.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the line, I'm taking the center offensive lines.
Speaker 6: I think you take the linebacker because the linebackers are better at the top.
Speaker 4: To me, they are and Wilson, they would be the best player on the board at that point, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I'm taking the center.
Speaker 6: I think you can find this and again I would have to take the linebacker. I'm taking the linebacker. I think you can find a center later, or you can find a guard that's serviceable that you can convert to a center.
Speaker 2: I definitely do, don't disagree, but if I got the center graded higher line of strimmage to me is always to be the factor.
Speaker 5: And I love Cedric grag which Carolina.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's that's different though that's the higher graded player. I think it's more likely that Edrian Cooper or Junior Colston are going to be higher graded than the centers that are on the board whenever they get to that pick.
Speaker 8: Do you love Cedric Gray on the Cowboys? I feel like it'd be a really bad fit here. You think so, I think so. I think I think the problems that you have in that linebacking core he just adds to that.
Speaker 5: Really. Yeah, you think he could be like Eric Kendrick nix on to something could be I think it will. I know you need to Mike.
Speaker 3: But I like Cedric grad I just think he's a good player.
Speaker 8: I think he's going to be a great player, and the right system.
Speaker 3: He can fit.
Speaker 6: With Zim, I think he can fit.
Speaker 3: He went to the Buccaneers.
Speaker 8: It's not even, it's not even with Zim about the personnel that they have in that line back room, what they need. I don't feel like Gray fits that. That would be a waste of a linebacker pick.
Speaker 5: Carolina, we're talking about right, Yeah, I think, yeah, give me a good player. I'll find him.
Speaker 3: I understand, and I think that you can make your trust.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: I just believe in the kid.
Speaker 5: Nick is over here just digging a grave, he said.
Speaker 3: He said it would be a waste of a pick if his name gets called.
Speaker 4: Just remember this episode because you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get tagged in it.
Speaker 3: Forteen.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be funny.
Speaker 5: Is and then we have to go around the room and talk about what we think about the player.
Speaker 3: You get to just hick, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Well, this is what was on the board.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 5: Now, that would be a bad I got.
Speaker 6: Don't even speak that and say.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm gonna lose my motion all right, really really really really quickly.
Speaker 2: Ye, Brandon says, coming out of college, where would Tyler Smith rank as a prospect compared to the rest of this tackle class this year?
Speaker 5: So based off of.
Speaker 4: Where you had him when he was picked, where would he fall out of that twenty two class compared to this twenty four class.
Speaker 3: Brian, Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I I didn't have him right because I had third round grade on him. So I have nine guys ahead of him right now. If you look at my board, if you'd say, but if you want to just if you want to play h you know, kind sight twenty twenty, play alt fuck, I'd probably take I'd probably take four guys ahead of him, though, is what I would do.
Speaker 3: The fifth guy he would be ahead of Latham.
Speaker 5: For me, is where he would be as a tackle, as a guard tackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tackle, that's where we watched him, right, yep, Yeah, that's where he was listed.
Speaker 8: As I was not covering the draft at this point, and I'm not going to b s you guys, so I'm just gonna let chill them. I'm gonna defer to you guys on this one.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't come in the draft either.
Speaker 2: Just answer the question even if we weren't in then if you weren't in the room, seventh, he would be seventh behind forshanu Olt, Latham, log of Mimes, and Guitton. I think I would have had a Morgan. I'd have him kind of in that mix as well, at a different order. I'm just about I didn't think that Tyler Smith was going to beat what Tyler Smith is.
Speaker 6: I agree on, That's all I mean, don't get me wrong. The night that they drafted him, I had a tantrum. But when I like actually went back and looked at him and I was like, oh, this guy, if he was a guard, Yeah, I think he would have went.
Speaker 2: I think he could even win high the Yale tackle and I'm not even gonna try and pronounce his name. Yeah, a lot of Tyler Smith, Like that's the guy if you don't take an offensive tackle at twenty four. I would be totally on board with the Yale offensive tackle as the guy that can be Kingsley. Yeah, can you just say Kingsley s because I don't. I mean, let's be Yu from By. Oh sorry, I'm looking at the wrong one. I don't love him, but the Yale kid Kieran, Yeah, Kieran a majority.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting name.
Speaker 2: Six, but that dude, the build, the body type reminds me a lot of Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get to some more.
Speaker 2: Would you rather than wrap up this episode of the Draft show when we when we come back right after this?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 13: All right? Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary, go where I went. Lasercare Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 9: At Lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see check.
Speaker 13: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you, HOODU.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys. Driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: If they snapped the freshcout who looks white that you're not there, he escape flapped, He'll walk for a crunch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency Prus.
Speaker 2: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Grinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, presented.
Speaker 2: By Millert Taste, you can depend on. This segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas.
Speaker 3: We got one more.
Speaker 5: Would you rather, Brian, Let's get after it. Yeah. Would you guys want an edge, a corner or a guard?
Speaker 8: I think we talked a lot of where are we picking this pick? Or is it just in general?
Speaker 3: Just in general?
Speaker 8: Edge, corner guard, edge, corner guard.
Speaker 3: I'd say edge.
Speaker 2: That's a sneaky need in my opinion, I think corner is too.
Speaker 5: I'm good either either one of the defense.
Speaker 8: Though I agree I'm taking I'm taking corner.
Speaker 2: Chef's choice.
Speaker 3: What are you cooking? Cooking edge?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: Mohammed Kamara Colorado State or Marshall Neeland Kneeland?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: From where Western Michigan, Michigan, Western Western Michigan.
Speaker 6: Right, I have watching him last night?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 10: You want this?
Speaker 3: Is I think this? I think Neeland is your guy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: No, not necessarily, I just watched him last night.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you want to you want to leave us off on?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah sure?
Speaker 5: Uh Kamar or Neel either or who would you rather? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think this was easy for This is an easy one for me.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not I'm not high on Neil.
Speaker 8: I'm he doesn't like him.
Speaker 2: You know what it is? It's it's it's not that I don't like the player. Dane's top one hundred. I think he's got him way too high. He's small that I just mo. Kamara is a dude that like you see him take over a game, especially against Colorado. Like all you got to do is watch the Colorado game. He's an absolute stud. The production throughout his career is there?
Speaker 5: The hands?
Speaker 3: To me is what really separates these two?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: Kamara, Yeah, he plays for violin hands.
Speaker 6: He's a tad. He's a Ta's got the quickness off the ball, That's what it is.
Speaker 5: And Niland does have the hand fakes. He can set up lineman with his rush.
Speaker 2: He can get the bull rush, he can push a tackle back into the lap of quarterback plays across the line. They move him around a lot, but he just doesn't always set the edge for me. And maybe it's because of his size. I just there was a lot of hype around Neeland. Maybe my expectations were just too high. I didn't love him. I've got a three on him. I think Kamara is a guy that can maybe sneak into even the second round. The leverage, the base, the strength, I think more. Kamara is an absolute stud. I love that dude.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think, obviously because of the size, the change of direction is better with Marshaan Kneeland and the UH. They both have really high motors, and of course you put the of course you put these two together, Brian, you play too much. But yeah, I do think the change of direction and being able to stop and go is a little better with Marshan. But as far as the motor goes, they're both looney tunes. Both are and the pursuit is just relentless.
Speaker 3: He's got the kneeling's got the traits. I just he's got to get stronger than me at the next level, and he can.
Speaker 5: He's big though this six three, but he's skinny.
Speaker 2: Context sixty seven.
Speaker 6: But the hands on, folks, You seeing guy's head snap the play.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I got downs. Do you see a bendy guy you with kneeling?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: No, he has a little bit. He has a little bit though, just enough, but nothing crazy.
Speaker 7: Now, yeah, do you?
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like he's a better run defender than he is a pass rusher.
Speaker 2: I agree with that completely, and I think that it builds off of his side.
Speaker 3: Because he'll rush himself out of rush lanes. He'll get caught too upfield.
Speaker 6: For me, well, the rushing, a lot of the pass rushing from him is just because he's not quitting.
Speaker 7: On the play.
Speaker 6: That's a true fancy or anything. It's just he plays through the wrestle, plays through the whistle. That's why he's getting to the quarterback because of the pursuit, not because of the pass.
Speaker 2: Because he'll work back around to the ball. Because of initially with his rush, he's going way too wide.
Speaker 6: I think you're a hater.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm trying to level expectations on him now. I think his expectations have gone way too high for me.
Speaker 7: Do you do you?
Speaker 6: Does it remind you of oh do from last year? Was his name Tater Tots?
Speaker 3: Donald not?
Speaker 6: I don't this went crazy at the combine?
Speaker 5: I like defens.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no no. I liked him earlier. I can remember his name was he blew the combine out the water. He had like the fastest time we've seen from a big man in like years, Tater Tots.
Speaker 8: While while y'all are thinking there, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my when you when you when. I watched film on both of these guys, and I love pinning these guys against each other here because of them both being a group of five guys playing similar competition. Kamara. Kamara stands out because of his violence and his pursuit. Y'all mentioned the pursuit. I think he's he's he's always running like a chicken with its heads cut off. I love that about Kamara. When you watch Niland, there's a little bit more precision. You're not going to see the flashy plays, but you're gonna see him doing what needs to be done to get things done. Then I see both of these guys during shrine Bol Senior Bowl week, and Neeland was what stood out to me because of his size, him being able to get around the edge. I saw a little bit of that bend at Senior Bowl that I had asked about kind of going into it. And then when I see both of these guys test and what they weigh in at and their height and everything. I love Muhammed Kamara. And this is tough for me to say, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL because of being six foot one. And I wish there was a little bit more to love there. Like I wish there was a little bit more length. There's not that length, So I just worry he's gonna get overpowered at the next level. And I kind of came to that conclusion a few days ago. I was like, man, that sucks because he's was a really good college player. For that, I have Neeland a little bit higher just because of traits. I'm going to buy into the traits when it comes to this.
Speaker 6: To your point, I think the length matters a little bit in the run game.
Speaker 2: He just likes being wrong. Yeah, that's what it is, projection, projection, and I wrote that down for Marshawn nieland people are gonna.
Speaker 5: Like him for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been on an island.
Speaker 2: I want the production and Kamara's got that. You're right, Neiland's taller, welcome. I think tomorrow is more filled out with his frame. Neeland's a little bit skinny for me, but the violent hands man, I think Kamar is going to be able to win at the next level.
Speaker 8: I want to throw this out really quick. This is just a testament to what Western Michigan has done with their developing over the course of the last few seasons. So in a two recruiting class cycle twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen, Western Michigan Brandon Fisk they had signed before he transferred to Florida State. Jaden Reid who they had signed and he transferred to Michigan State, was a second round pick last year. Chase Brown who they signed and he transferred to Illinois later in his career and he was a fifth round pick in twenty twenty three. Linebackers Ir Barnes, who was a sixth round pick in twenty twenty three, still out of Western Michigan and now they have Marshawn Neeland. I mean, this is a really really impressive group of guys up there Western Michigan that staff do a really good job developing. That's whenever I was on the recruiting beat, that was one you kind of pay attention to in the Midwest as far as Okay, if if Western Michigan is offering this guy really early on, then there's something here. There's traits, there's uhe yeah, come.
Speaker 6: Come home.
Speaker 4: Final question before we wrap things up in this one specifically for Aisha off of Twitter on the twenty Uh, would you rather fight twenty duck sized horses or one horse sized duck?
Speaker 2: This is from Twitter on the twenty Which one would you rather do?
Speaker 6: One horse sized duck?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 6: Because I'm just gonna take guy's legs?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What about what about twenty duck sized braiden fisks or one braiden fisk sized duck?
Speaker 6: I don't think nobody want to deal with so to be thinking he's going to be like a ninja turtle or something like that?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 3: That's another dude? Braiden fist needs to get more love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 5: Talk about sweat.
Speaker 3: Yes, give me fish all.
Speaker 6: Day, his little swaggy so he got some swags.
Speaker 2: On, got some swag. There's fisk, there's Chris Beam, just getting up some b roll as we're wrapping up the show.
Speaker 6: Crazylow mo too.
Speaker 2: That's some nice looking be roll, Very nicely done, Chris Beam. All right, that does it for us here on the Draft Show. We'll be back on Tuesday. We're less than fifty days away from the NFL Draft. Gets your studying ready to rock.
Speaker 4: We've got Dallas Day coming up, got some thirty visits to talk about, and of course everything's still falling out from the NFL combine for.
Speaker 2: Zach Walchuk, Nick Harris, Brian brought us Aisha Morrison Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomen saying so long, we will see you next Tuesday on The Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.