Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Riley is on the phone today for our first Date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Michael. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if you tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date.
Speaker 3: But first, Riley, how long has it been since you talked to Michael.
Speaker 1: It's been about a week.
Speaker 3: Have you reached out to him at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I've tried calling and texting, but you don't want to do it too much, you know, right, But and that's that I should get a response.
Speaker 5: So would he'd just be having a busy week.
Speaker 3: I can't help but ask that whenever it's like a week.
Speaker 4: No, Because before we were supposed to go out, you know, we talked quite a bit, and.
Speaker 1: Then after we were scheduled to go out, it was like he was m I A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can tell the difference for sure. Yeah, why don't you tell us about how you met him and like how the date went?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, we met on bumble and I noticed that he lived close to a pub. You know that I usually go to.
Speaker 6: It's right near my work.
Speaker 4: And so we messaged and we planned on you know, uh, you know, we talked a little bit. It seemed really good. I like jazz. I grew up you know, my dad loved jazz, so I grew up that way. So he had this whole evening planned. We were going to go to a jazz club. And that morning I got.
Speaker 1: Sick, like food poison me I breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really bad.
Speaker 4: So I text him and just said, hey, you know, I'm sick, can't make it, and you know I wasn't going to go into detail, you don't want to know details. And ever since then, I mean, no response at all, and this whole week, you know, I kind of hey, how are you can we you know, schedule another date and nothing.
Speaker 3: So well, how did he react when you said you were sick?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: He just didn't respond to you?
Speaker 4: Or was he like, oh respond, No, it didn't respond at all, which was really weird because before that, you know, he was so sweet. We did talk a lot, you know, got to know each other through text, you know how that goes back and forth. And I mean he's super hot.
Speaker 1: I'm not too shabby, I would say, but yeah, it was just really nice and great conversation and he seemed super sweet.
Speaker 4: And then I mean, I wasn't going to go. Obviously you're not going to force yourself to go. I'm just saying that it was very bad.
Speaker 1: And you know, I figured at least he would.
Speaker 4: Say, oh, I'm sorry, how about we reschedule or text me when you feel better? But absolutely nothing, like, no no response, no thumbs up. I mean I would have even taken an emoji. But you know, because at least they acknowledge that, you know, whether good or bad. Sometimes you just want to say, just answer, yeah, just answer, no matter what you say, just answer and nothing.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you can think of? There would be a reason for him the ghost you, I mean, other than being sick.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he like had other girls on the roster. Oh so whenever she said that she was sick, he like picked out another one. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just wonder because I mean, when you were playing the apps, you know, like not everybody is just focused on one person.
Speaker 3: Now what you're think of when someone's sick, Nina, I don't know, Oh, he says roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're talking to the girl that accused somebody of faking his illness not to see me. So, yeah, I don't know, I might jump to those conclusions.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't know that that's for sure what happened. But it's kind of bizarre just not to respond at all.
Speaker 4: Cently men on Bumble, that might be actually really getting something good reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: All play song come back, and then call him and sefa tell us why he's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date. Okay, ok, all right, well play song come back and get your first aid, follow up.
Speaker 6: Next.
Speaker 5: Fight.
Speaker 2: In the middle of your first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Riley is on the phone. She's getting ghosted by a guy named Michael, and she has no idea why. So in a second we're gonna call him and see if I tell us why he's a ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Riley, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 4: Well, basically, we met on Bumble. It was gone great, lots of conversation. We were supposed to meet for a date, and I got sick that morning and like really bad food poisoning and so I texted him, told him I was sick and been ghosted ever since.
Speaker 5: That's so weird. Well we'll see what the deal is. But yeah, all right, Well are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay, Hello.
Speaker 2: Him asking to Michael please, Well, yeah's to see Hey man, how are you?
Speaker 5: My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show. Hi, Michael, I'm Nina also on the Jubil Show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 1: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Good? Sounds like you listen to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here and there?
Speaker 3: Okay, sweet, Here and there is a great way to listen. Well, we're calling you today. Yeah that's true. Have you heard of a first day follow up before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool. Well what did you say if I told you that you're you're currently the star of one?
Speaker 1: How is that possible?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna dating a while.
Speaker 3: I just like it.
Speaker 2: There is somebody that emailed us and told us that you're ghosting them, and they want to know why.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: I mean I wouldn't necessarily call it ghosting, but.
Speaker 1: That's what this is about.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, do you know who it is?
Speaker 1: Riley?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: It is Riley.
Speaker 2: She emailed us, said that she really liked you, and you guys are all set to go out, and then she got sick and then you ghosted her.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as ghosting, but I mean we talked for a while and we you know, put together at date, and you know, for whatever reason, she either chose to not want to go, or she met somebody else, or she had a better offer or I who knows it, but she decided not to go.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not going to dwell on it.
Speaker 7: I'm over it. You know, there's other people out there, and you know, I really don't need.
Speaker 1: This right now. I don't play games.
Speaker 5: So you receive a text that says, I'm sorry, I can't make it. I'm sick, And do you feel like you can't deal with that?
Speaker 3: Well, it's the first date, sure, so yeah, but you.
Speaker 4: Know, I mean I was legitimately sick, right Michael.
Speaker 3: That is Riley. She's actually on the phone listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, Riley, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, Hi, Hi, So you were sick.
Speaker 1: I I I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't play games.
Speaker 1: It was I.
Speaker 4: That's why I text you. I'm like, I'm sick. I'm not going to tell you what was going on physically. That's it's not cool, that's not I mean no, so I just figured you would be Okay, that sucks. How about we reschedule and go out again because we were hitting it off. I mean okay, So you assume that I was thinking something else, that's.
Speaker 7: You, not me.
Speaker 8: Maybe I would have wanted to know something, so yeah, I mean listen, so I would totally you know, I mean that's your assuming, that's you.
Speaker 3: So I would have been open to it, but maybe I would have wanted to.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, the details.
Speaker 4: Do you ever think that, well, I don't think that you want to know that I was going to the bathroom like every so often. That's not something.
Speaker 1: That you.
Speaker 8: That's tm.
Speaker 3: I No, I didn't need to hear that part, but it would.
Speaker 8: Have been you know, hey, you know, it wouldn't be good like just a one line text. You know, it didn't you know, it just didn't feel right, And I don't know, I'd still be open to it. You know, if you're not going to be sick this time.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, then Michael's you'd like to go on another date with Riley? Will pay for it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely cool Riley, Congratulations, you got another date?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Sweet congratulations, thank you so much. I guess I know you respond to text messages and you don't have that problem.
Speaker 6: Jeuble's first Day follow up.
Speaker 3: It's The Jewbile Show's Free Trip to Jamaica.
Speaker 5: Dreaming of a Caribbean escape, The Jubil Show wants to share the beauty of Jamaica and send you and a guest on an all inclusive trip to Paradise with Pio hotels and resorts with.
Speaker 2: Five stunning properties to choose from. There's something for everyone. Blue Mountain views to the turquoise Caribbean. Cea Bio Hotels and Resource has your ideal destination for your Jamaican getaway.
Speaker 5: Enter for your very own four days, three night, all inclusive State of Jamaica with eight hundred dollars voucher towards airfare.
Speaker 2: Go to the Jubilshow dot com and enter the word sun good luck.