Speaker 1: Vice President Jade Vance is now lifting the veil on the mindset of Republican lawmakers who are stuck sitting there in the House chamber listening to Hakim Jeffries talk before they are allowed to vote. Vance posted this GOP congressman just texted me. I was undecided on the bill, but then I watched Hakeem Jeffries' performance, and now I am a firm Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that probably didn't go quite as planned, and it's still not really going quite as planned. Fox's Peter Doosey on the State of Affairs as I've got to hand it to Hakim. Now, I could stand up there for over seven hours at this point and you know, throw out my arms and rant and ravee a little bit, and I do all that. The real challenge, the real skill in this type of situation comes in with the uh, the bathroom situation. That is the real challenge. You know, there's no way that I'm seven hours. I'm throwing my arms and I'm shouting and doing the ranting and raving without needing a pit stop or two, maybe three. And so that is the real scheme, the real skill of HIKEM. Jeffries here as he is continuing to use his magic minute to hold up the final vote on President Trump's One Big Beautiful Bill Act, or at least it's kind of like the legislative version of print, because it's the act that was formerly known as the One Big Beautiful Bill Act. You have good old Chuck Schumer to thank for that maneuver. This is obviously not Clay or Buck. Brian Mudd, It's a pleasure to be here with you. I am broadcasting from my home station w J and O in West Palm Beach. It is always a pleasure to be here with you. And we have maybe a celebration that'll be on our hands before the end of the show today. As we look what's going on right now in the House, I do wonder the one thing that has has gotten me with the King Jeffries and his house version of a filibuster.
Speaker 3: Did he take a cue from Sparty?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you take a look, SPARTI was able to go twenty five hours. If you remember earlier this year in the Senate Corey Booker and what we learned from him, and speaking of the bathroom situation as well, I'm not sold on the idea that he didn't like walk into the chamber. You know, some depends handy. But nevertheless, the one thing that we did end up learning from Corey Booker was that he fasted in advance and then only did two glasses of water during the thing. So did hit King Jeffries take a que from Sparty? Is he going to try to extend his Magic minute? I don't know into Independence Day to try to hold out. There was a lot of gamesmanship with this. The first thing to know, like in this deal, around four four o'clock this morning, we were giving.
Speaker 3: The heads up that he's got a speech.
Speaker 2: It's about forty five minutes, maybe an hour, and coming out of that yet House Speaker Mike Johnson who said, yeah, you know what, by eight thirty this morning, we think we're gonna have a vote. We think we are going to pass the One Big Beautiful Bill Act over to President Trump's desk. So we will be on the Act formerly known as the BBB Watch all throughout the course of the show as we are monitoring Hakeem Jeffries in his Magic minute. By the way, the rule on the Magic minute in the howse Hi King can't leave. It's not like he can say time out. I'm gonna go take that pit stop.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The moment that he's done, he leaves that podium, he's out, it's over, and.
Speaker 3: Mike Johnson can call for the vote.
Speaker 2: So he does have to stand there in talk until he evidently can't anymore or whatever. His end game here is planned. So as we are diving in to a Independence Day weekend with what looks like maybe President Trump's entire agenda to celebrate Unindependence Day this year, I couldn't help it to think of Liberation Day meeting Independence Day, and so I'll explain, you know, technically Liberation Day, Liberation Day, remember that April second. That was April second. It was widely misunderstood at the time. Led her to a real short term freak out. A lot of people are not feeling so liberated, feeling a little tight in the chest, a little nervous when I'm taking a look at the stock market.
Speaker 3: That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Created a historically great buying opportunity in the financial markets. So that's what Liberation Day was. The whole tiar thing where you had all the economists that are always wrong and say, oh my gosh, this guy is going and then people that are smart going, hold on, Donald Trump is president of the United States. This is going to be great by and so there was that. But anyway, so you had a Liberation Day. Now you've got Independence Day tomorrow and generally understood, right, we get Independence Day also probably underappreciated, certainly in places like I don't know, New York City, but anyway, you know, and thinking about Independence Day this year, liberation also came to mind because I thought back, I'm like, I kind of remember where I was personally a year ago today. And so what I actually did in advance of today's show is I went back to a year ago, and I'm like, what was I talking about? And in my top stories a year ago, my message was that Independence Day is one hundred and twenty five days away, and sanity would be restoring two hundred and one days, because we were out the point where I was like literally counting down the days until election Day and Inauguration Day when dementia Joe would finally go. And among the headlines, among the headlines nationally a year ago today, you had dementia Joe pledging that he was going to stay in the presidential race. After the Botch debate, we had a story that he had just given billions more to Ukraine, because I mean, you know, why not, right, I'm sure, Zelenski asked nicely. Also, the New York judge in the stormy freaking Daniel's hush money case announced that he had delayed the Trump sentencing.
Speaker 3: That's where we were a year ago today. Those were the big stories.
Speaker 2: Oh and an average of nearly ten thousand illegal immigrants still pouring into the country per day. That's fun. So that right now what we're talking about. One of our biggest concerns is simply the timing of this final vote in what looks like a very likely outcome for President Trump being able to sign his agenda into law on Independence Day. And also, you know, kind of like calculating how much is my tax saving's going to be? What what is my tax cut gonna look, which, by the way, coming up in the second hour, I'm going to get into that. If you want to know what does the BBB mean to you, I'm gonna give it to you very specifically, because there's so much more money on the line here that I think even some of the more credible sources that have reported this have brought to you so we're gonna break it all down. You're going to know exactly what this means to you and your family when you take a look at how much better of a place we're in. We can get more specific here with some of these things.
Speaker 5: So you.
Speaker 2: We had an incredible jobs report this morning that came in well better than expected. Unemployment rate dropped yet again. The inflation rate. The inflation rate at two point four percent right now. You know, it's the lowest that it's been since Trump was one month removed from previously having been president of the United States. Last time we had inflation as low as it is right now, one month after he was last president. And by the time you factor in wage growth. All right, so how much more is the average household bringing in now? The answer is four point three percent. Okay, so most recently, the average American family, we finally get in the head again, we're doing about nearly two percent better. You know. So you get done paying your bills at the end of the month, what's left over You got about two percent more than.
Speaker 3: You had before. That is the best quality of life improvement that we've seen since Trump's previous presidency, since his first administration. Look a year ago.
Speaker 2: Today SMP five hundred thirteen percent higher four one k balances saving rates they've hit record highs. And as you hit the road for independent state gas prices forty cents per gallon and lower than a year ago. Today, you have one hundred and ninety billion dollars in government waste that's been dozed. By the way, I mean, like doze really has stopped dozing since Elon Gonzo, but still ended up saving eleven hundred and eighty dollars.
Speaker 3: Per federal taxpayer, not peanuts.
Speaker 2: On immigration, the Lincoln Riley Act now law attempted border crossings down ninety three percent. Access into the United States down by ninety nine percent. The CBP one home map that was used by the Buiden administration to fly nearly a million illegal immigrants into this country. Yeah, not so much anymore, right, thats ay, Matt being used to say, see to fly illegal immigrants out of this country. On that note, isis daily detentions of fifty three percent over a year ago. Oh and by the way, surprise, surprise, because as detentions rise, guess what's falling.
Speaker 3: I look at that less crime, a lot less crime.
Speaker 2: In fact, did you know homicides down by twenty one percent so far this year.
Speaker 3: Robberies are two.
Speaker 2: Property crime sixteen percent lower, violent crime in general down by eleven percent two and the biggest impact a lot of times the biggest cities with the biggest illegal immigrant population problems, like Denver and Aurora. So it's of absolutely no surprise, in part because one of the things I've been tracking about a year ago in like what what are we doing? Like the definition of insanity territory, Who in their right mind would do this to a country? By this time last year, twenty four percent of all drug trafficking done in the United States have been done by illegal immigrants. Twenty four percent. You wanted to get rid of just almost a quarter of all drug trafficking, get rid of the illegal immigrants, twenty five percent of all property crimes, illegal immigrants. You want to get rid of a quarter of all property crime in this country, just get the people. They are not legally here in the first place. The heck out, twenty eight percent of all fraud. Yeah, non citizens, non citizens, And you know the lie. I remember hearing this even somewhat recently on by one of the idiots on the view. Oh well, you know, they are less likely to commit crime than you. That is such a lie.
Speaker 3: I mean it might have.
Speaker 2: Actually been true, like thirty years ago when you had a Mexican who came over to pick some oranges.
Speaker 3: No, not in a very long time.
Speaker 2: The non citizen crime rate by a year ago at this point, how much more likely do you think a non citizen had become to commit a crime than you, like, well, I don't know, I mean, yeah, kind of a shaky person. You could be a shaky person and the uh, your average non citizen was still going to blow you away. They had become nine times more likely to commit a crime than the average legal citizen. Again, not necessarily the biggest surprise when you know the first action by said individual is to you know, kind of say, uh, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To ignore federal law.
Speaker 2: So yeah, none necessarily a surprise that once their first action is to break the law, that then suddenly they don't go But now straighten me, even I just want to abide by all the laws this country.
Speaker 3: I really care about it.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how bad it had become Your average non citizen in this country nine hundred and fourteen percent more likely to commit crimes than the average legal citizen. And in fact, if you take a look, during the whole four year window of the Buying administration, total crimes committed by non citizens rose by six hundred and twenty six percent. I mean, they're just mind blowing numbers. But then again, you know, we know the impact and the situation with all the open borders, and that is just on those two pieces. I'll pick up there next Brian mudd In for claim bug drive a new hyunday with just ninety eight dollars down like a new twenty twenty five hundred. People will suffer, people will die, and it will be at the hands of Republicans.
Speaker 4: Both.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: In fact, that's actually that wasn't the planning that went in to the Act formally known as the BBB. You had some Republicans that got around and said, you know what, we haven't done in a while, we haven't created any legislation that's sort of killing people. And you know what, you're right, So you know, I think we should should get back to our roots. We are Republicans, after all, so we should craft red legislation that kills people. And then you know, for example, in the event that the warm and fluffy migrants that are sent to alligator Alcatraz and the event that they don't, you know, manage to escape, we have, you know, people to feed to the to the alligators. Sits just the rhetorica is just so over the top in so many different respects. And I tell you what, just say, noticed slugs the whole Medicaid thing and this is is such a joke. And I'm going to break down specifically what the work requirements are with the Medicaid and the snap provisions in the Act formerly known as the BBB, and just a few we'll get to that. I mean it basically, if you get off your couts for twenty hours in a week, you're good.
Speaker 5: You're good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much the way it works. So that's what and apparently that's killing somebody to actually do that. So Brian mutt In for Clay and Buck and as we are on BBB, watch as Hakeem Jeffries going strong, going strong in the House joining us is great television. And iHeartRadio's White House correspondent John Decker, John, this's a bit unexpected from the House Minority leader.
Speaker 6: Well, it is unexpected to a certain extent, but Hakem Jeffries, he is one of those leaders in the Democratic Party and he's acting like a leader for his party right now in terms of delaying what to me, Brian is the inevitable, and it is inevitable that we saw this in the procedural vote that took place early this morning. We'll see it on the actual vote that takes place. When that occurs on the House floor, every Republican that values their career in the House of Representatives and their future career in the House of Representatives will vote for the legislation and this bill will get to the President's desk for his signature in time before that self imposed deadline July the fourth.
Speaker 3: That will be a part I believe of.
Speaker 6: The President's schedule tomorrow, the President assigning this legislation his signature, domestic achievement of his second term in the White House, getting that all done sooner than when he got that big tax cut bill sign in his first term in the White House.
Speaker 2: And to give you a little background about John if you're maybe not familiar, John has covered every president starting with Bill Clinton. He also is the only member of the White House Press Corps that is an attorney, having studied once upon a time under one professor Jonathan Turley Decker now himself a professor at Georgetown UCLA and John as we take a look at, you know, the historical ramifications here. Obviously, you know, Trump wanted one bill. There are a lot of conservatives that said, hey, we need to do this in two. The Senate wanted it into In the end, you take a look at the the President's influence, the will and how this has come together a to get the Senate on board with one bill and then be the House. I mean, you had House Freedom Caucus members like chip Roy just two days ago saying that what the Senate had done was a literally a deal killer of an already bad deal. And here we are on the precipice of whenever Hikema has done doing what he's doing, passing this thing.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, you know. As for chip Roy, you know, I think time and time again he's proven that he's all bark and no bite. You know, he threatens not to vote for the legislation and ultimately caves in, as do other House Republicans that want to make a career of being a member of the House of Representatives. So does it surprise me that, you know, Chick Roy, a member of the Freedom Caucus, and other members of the Freedom Caucus are caving in. No, it doesn't, you know, because President Trump has the ultimate power, and that is something that he has threatened to wield, and that is essentially saying, you vote against this legislation, your career as a member of Congress is over.
Speaker 3: That's a very real threat.
Speaker 6: He's not afraid, interestingly enough, Brian, of making that threat outwardly. You know, normally those are the kind of threats that you make behind closed doors. He puts it on truth social He makes everybody aware of what he's saying to these members that may be on the fence in terms of supporting the big beautiful bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: John, One of the other things I was thinking about, you take a look out where we are today in Trump's presidency. So you know, the first time around, he signed two hundred and twenty executive orders in four years. He signed believe it's one hundred and sixty five already, three more than President Biden and Team Autopen did already in just over five and a half months. And you take a look at you know, his tax cut and jobs Act his Trump tax cuts. The first summer, it took until December the first go round to be able to get his tax cuts through. Here we are heading into the Independence Day weekend, and it looks like he's not only going to get those tax cuts made permit, he's going to get the additional tax cuts he promised, a no tax on tips overtime, also some big breaks for seniors that for most seniors going to work, basically like not having tax on Social Security income. You start putting all this together, and it just shows how well oiled and organized his policy approach is and how effective he is.
Speaker 4: Agree with you.
Speaker 6: You know, this is a president who in his first term he clearly was someone who is learning the ropes from insiders. He had never been a politician before at any level before becoming president, and so he did rely on others in terms of showing him how to move legislation forward. This time around, he doesn't need that help. And this time around he understands all the levers of the power of the presidency. He realizes how powerful this office is, made even more so powerful by that recent Supreme Court decision handed down last week.
Speaker 5: And so, look, I think that this is a.
Speaker 6: President that understands all the ways that he can move his agenda forward, and we're seeing it applied in real time. I think it's pretty remarkable. You know, there will be this will be a part of history, you know, in terms of the way that the president has managed to move his agenda forward in such a record amount of time.
Speaker 2: John, you're with the president last week at the NATO summit, and pretty remarkable situation. He tried to get it done his first term. It was starting to come together. It is, you know, ultimately coming together now where the NATO members this out of Spain contributing five percent of their GDP to you know, to to defense spending and pretty much getting not just what we've seen here at home, which is his own party in order to get his agenda done, but also around the world. How he's managing to get that agenda done, especially with trade now too.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly right, Brian. You know, that's the thing about President Trump. He understands the leavers of power in terms of moving his domestic agenda forward, and he understands the leavers of power in terms of moving his foreign policy agenda forward. And this is part of his foreign policy agenda when he left that NATO summit last week in the Netherlands, and as you point out, I covered that summit. I was in the Hague for the summit. I was at the press conference. He called on me at the press conference. When he left, he was exuberant because everyone of his goals was achieved during the course of his summit. And I think he made it clear to every one of the thirty one other members of the NATO Defense Alliance there is one leader, and that leader at the United States of America, and the President is the leader of the United States of America, and he's going to exert his power, his influence to get his way with those other NATO Defense Alliance members. We saw that play itself out last week. So, you know, for all of those who were saying it's been a remarkable two weeks for the president, I couldn't agree more. It has been a remarkable two weeks for the president, including of course that those attacks on those three nuclear sites in Iran. So to me, you know, this is some one who has a winning streak going and obviously would like to keep that winning streak going beyond ultimately signing this big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 5: With him the next few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely not tired of winning. Yet a lot of people are not tired of winning within the administration. And also China announcing that yeah, you know, the terms of the trade deal are on the English trade deal. The UK trade deal actually took effect this week, just announced the Vietnam trade deal. Where they were charging us to do business there, now they're not. We weren't charging them anything, now we are. I mean, it just goes on and on, and it gives you a roadmap for where a lot of those trade deals are probably going to land to. And then you talk about like the the mops and that whole situation, you know, the Defense Department yesterday talking again about Yeah, I mean, at a minimum, the nuclear program set back a couple of years, and that to me was always one of the things anyway, and you know, you spend it's an occupational hazard. You spend a lot of time around colleagues in the press corps that were endlessly you know, trying to you know, say that you know, somehow or another, the linked information or you know, whoever wanted to say that the nuclear program wasn't really damaged more than it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, there just is no sense in this, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, ultimately, if Trump was propagandizing, you just walk with it and you think, okay, well he is, you know, just saying that they got and they really didn't. So what you know, you have Iran that comes back in six months and says, surprise, we've got nukes. I mean, there just is no way to effectively propagandize that situation. It either happened, is either destroyed, or it wasn't.
Speaker 6: I agree, you know, I think that you know, even those who want to get that readout from the administration, Democrats on the Foreign Relations Committee in either the House of the Senate, have to acknowledge that the Iranian nuclear program, it's nuclear ambitions have been set back substantially because of the action taken by the United States. And you know, you mentioned, you know, all of the things related to while why the president can't just propagandize this issue. He can't propagandize this issue. I mean we're talking about also Israel's safety and security. Israel's not going to propagandize this because they're very security. Their existential existence depends upon Iran's nuclear program being curtailed. Back to you, know zero essentially, and you know, when we hear from Israeli intelligence they're satisfied with the actions taken by the United States.
Speaker 3: I think that says a lot.
Speaker 6: You know, if they weren't, maybe they would be saying you need another go around, you know, in terms of taking it out altogether. They're not saying that, Brian, that they're saying it has been in the President's word, he uses obliterated. It has been obliterated, it has been decimated. I think that those two words certainly apply to Aron's nuclear program right now.
Speaker 3: Brian mudw with John Decker. One more for you.
Speaker 2: John so mentioned that John is the only member of the Press Corps that's also an attorney. So putting your legal hat on for the whole Didty situation. So we get the verdict and not guilty of the most serious charges, Judge is holding him in jail until sentencing.
Speaker 3: What do you make of this deal?
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know, I mean, as you know, it's a substantial bond that he needs to post. I believe it's fifty million dollars, and that's the reason why he has remained behind bars for all of this period of time. I don't know, you know, maybe that it gives you a window about what kind of sentence he intends to hand down against Didty, But you know, as the interest on the face of it, as you know, he really skirted the possibility of very serious prison time. Remember this is a federal case because of the fact that he was acquitted on the most serious charges. For the two counts that he was found guilty of, they have maximum penalties of ten years in prison. He will not get ten years in prison. You know, he's a non violent offender, someone who's not a repeat offender. I can't tell you what the judge is ultimately going to sentence did he two in terms of a jail sentence, a prison sentence, but it won't be anywhere near that tenure maximum sentence. And certainly his lawyers are going to ask for no jail sentence, a time served for all of the amount of time that he's served in prison, and will see ultimately whether that federal judge agrees with that. And let's not forget the president has the power of the pardon. And it would not surprise me. Nothing surprises me these days, Brian. It would not surprise me if did he get the pardon from the.
Speaker 5: Residents of the United States.
Speaker 6: So we'll have to wait wait and honey, you know, I mean, he's got a lot of big things on his plate right now. But that would not surprise me in the least.
Speaker 3: Really. I mean that one was was not on my bingo card. So that is that is interesting.
Speaker 2: So Decker pointing, pointing to the outfield right now, and we'll see what happens there. That would be uh, that would be an interesting development. John really appreciate it. Thank you so much for tom the inside.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian, talk to you soon. Byebye.
Speaker 2: All right, and again great television and iHeartRadio White House correspondent John Decker. I'm Brian mudd in for Clay and Buck. Twenty four a weekly podcast from Clay and Buck covering all things Election.
Speaker 3: Episodes drops Sundays at noon Eastern.
Speaker 2: Find it on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 7: This bill, over the next year, we are going to see growth like we have not seen and importantly, it is going to be non inflationary growth, which is something that Democrats couldn't do.
Speaker 2: Treasury Secretary of Scott Basset, he was on with Maria Brock Tromo Bock's business this morning.
Speaker 3: And we are going to unleash growth.
Speaker 2: We are already seeing the lowest inflation we've had since basically Trump was last president. And yeah, we are going to see in time for independence, say a big beautiful bill on President Trump's desk, or at least the act that was previously known as the BBB, as soon as Hikeem Jeffries gets done doing his thing, his sparty impersonation right now. He was apparently motivated by Corey Booker, and he is making his last stand. And somebody who's joining us, Brian mud In for claim buck. Somebody who's joining us has been entertained by today's festivities. I'm sure Congressman Jimmy Patron is joining us now. Jimmy, how's it been taken in the festivities with HIKEM today?
Speaker 4: I would rather have root canals without any nova Kane. This has been the biggest colossal waste of time. We are delaying savings and benefits to the American taxpayer right now with ridiculous you know, shows like this right now. Hakem has been up there now since three point thirty in the morning. We've all been awake watching this, and it's all because he wants to break Kevin McCarthy's record for speaking the longest on the floor NonStop.
Speaker 5: This is this is the type of.
Speaker 4: Like the Congress.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeffy, you were saying that it looks like it's a it's about to come to close right a round one thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what That's what we're anticipating. But who he's gonna go. And I look, I didn't mean to go off on you just like that, but Brian, you're you're my pal, and I think I can be candid with you and and the public doesn't deserve this type of ridiculousness.
Speaker 2: Now you're you're I think right on point. I think he kind of captured the field of the thing. You know, the only thing I'm impressed by is just the lack of the need for a bathroom break. You know, I could stand up there and throw my arms a ran rave two. But you know, it's it's impressive. I don't know if he did the fasting thing like Sparti did in the Senate, but you know, you got to get the guy credit at least for not needing to make a pit supper too.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you he does not look good. From the time he has started at the time he is now. You could see he keeps on pat and himself. He does not look good. He looks pale. So anyway, I'm sure he's tired, you know, good for him. I have no idea what he's been talking about.
Speaker 2: All right, Jimmy, So a couple of things. First about Jimmy Patron is he He is a congressman from Florida.
Speaker 3: He took over the.
Speaker 2: Matt Gates seat in the special election recently. Previously that was Florida's CFO. And Jimmy the reason I wanted to talk to you today. You got a lot of us that are fiscal conservatives. You got a lot of us that take a look at debt, the federal deficit, the federal debt, and we're like, you know what, the BBB doesn't look like such a beautiful thing when you see some of these projections. And even if the CBO stuff doesn't factor in enough growth, what have you. I mean, he's still kind of hard to get from here to there and feel good about it. From a fiscal conservative perspective, I mean, tax stuff is awesome, you know, takeing care of border and all the illegal immigration nonsense. I mean, so much good in here, but I mean when we do still have a bill that has you know, illegal immigrants, criminal illegal immigrants being able to get access to medicaid, I mean, you do kind of scratch your head.
Speaker 3: With some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: So what I want you to be able to do is, from the perspective, put yourself back in your old shoes. I know you're getting ready to vote in favor of the act here momentially, but I want you to put yourself back in your CFO shoes of the third largest day in the country that has a balanced budget. As someone who I know is deeply convicted as a fiscal conservative, and I want you to tell us why you're voting for this and also why those of us who are physical conservatives that are concerned maybe shouldn't be so the.
Speaker 4: One And I think it's probably the ones that are the easiest for people to understand, whether we talk about the no tax on tips or the no tax in overtime. Now, that may not necessarily affect some of your listeners because maybe they're in a salary position, but as somebody who's coming out of the service industry, and I think about how in the state of affoord of how big of a service driven market that we are. Now you're basically giving probably the biggest tax break in the history of America to that middle class that has never seen that type of ability to keep their own money in their pocket and spend it. Also, it's that particular class of individual that has been hurt the mo by the increase in inflation. So I truly think the president, he was on the campaign trail, he heard the struggles that people were having in the service industry, and oh gosh, why not let's make no tax on tips. So it became a little bit of a novelty. I mean, look, it's almost like a little bit of a one off over some of the other messing that the President's got. He keeps his message pretty simple so the average person can understand. So those two issues, look, you can't bring them out of the ground without having the ability to pay for it, because it's got to get started before it takes through. The President's so passionate about getting this bill signed as soon as possible because he learned last time with the Trump tax cuts, they signed them too late. And most people, if they reflect on how prosperous our country was in twenty nineteen. The President wants to get back to those days. Unfortunately, now we're fighting with this new inflation, it's new cost of busines that we inherited from the Biden administration over the last four years. So you know, I'm giving my trust to the President on what he sees as an opportunity to just really supercharge money back into the wallet of that middle class.
Speaker 2: So am I to take you then that you know, the whole det and deficit thing, you're on the tact that you believe we're going to grow our way out of this.
Speaker 5: Part of it will be growth.
Speaker 4: Now here's the other thing. So you know, there's been a lot of hard feelings towards the CBO and how this has been scored, and how far off and how wrong they were with the last Trump tax cuts in the conservative nature of why they feel that the debt ceiling is needed to be.
Speaker 5: Increased in order to accommodate this.
Speaker 4: So we really feel like there's going to be some consistency in their bad predictions that are going to ultimately to the good of the bottom line of the American taxpayer. Like I'm not I'm not thrilled with it. But you know, as as I'm a believer that what Mike Johnson is telling us what our plans are between now, it's it's a four year plan to try to do what we want to do under the Trump administration, to get to the balanced budget that we want to get to. You know, this these priorities of the president right now, and we put in the motion first in order to get our economy back where it should be.
Speaker 3: All right, So Jimmy kind of walk us through this past day.
Speaker 2: You know, we had members of the House Freedom Caucus they're like, no way, you know, coming out of the Senate, absolutely no way. You take a look at you know, there having been one vote that that passed this thing out of the House in the first place, and then you know what what was being said coming back the other way. So what is your understanding? Know what went down the White House yesterday? What was said with the president? What has theoretically made this difference that we are on the precipice passing this.
Speaker 4: Well, I think part of it was is is Thomas Massey pleading to the President saying, look, I'll vote for this thing if you stop beating up on me. I mean, so you definitely you've got a number. It's a rule of numbers, you know, Brian. You know, if you've got one hundred people in the room, that you're going to be ten percent of them are going to be all about themselves. And so as you get these members of Congress who you know, have a base that they cater to, and this is the way they communicate to them. This is how they community consume their news.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Part of it is is taking these positions that are contrary, which some of which have some merit to them. But you know, you can't go and kill this bill with what the Trump tax cuts alone mean to small businesses and being able to allow the taxpayer to keep their money. We don't want to increase taxes on people and this buildings, you're increasing tax on people. You know, these guys had to come to their senses, but it was crazy. I mean, we can get them all on board till three o'clock in the morning, you know, I mean really, I mean, you knew you were going to get here. But you know, we're gonna, you know, try to do as much social media and TV as we possibly can to drum up as much attention for ourselves to ultimately get to the place where we knew we were going to get all along. So it's you know, it's it's just part of how things roll up here sometimes.
Speaker 3: So Massy Massy literally went pleading to the president.
Speaker 5: Huh, that's what I was told. So I heard that.
Speaker 4: It was a conversation that took place. And look, you know, I'll come around if you just stop beating up on me. And look, this was the president of the President can repose as good as anybody. And I'm sorry the American public wants his campaign promises completed. You know, there's some things of the bill that probably you know, like you said earlier, with regarding the increase of the debts, they're going to have those detractors of that. I'm not thrilled about it, but this is a pathway to get what the president promised on the campaign trail. And and I get excited about Man, the cop, the firefighter. Now they're not going to have to pay taxes on their overtime. You know, these are the same guys that you know are going to come show up for our house when you're down nine one one, you've got an emergency. These are the same guys, two of which just got gunned down out on the West coast. You know, respondence, I mean, these people put their lives on the line. You know, I have no problem at all letting them be exempt from you know, income tax or taxes on their overtime.
Speaker 2: All right, Jrevy, good stuff. So any doubt about how this vote goes down just a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, Look, I think we're gonna have some anxiety. At least we're going to be voting during daylight hours. But look, last night, we had members that went back to their districts, So that's another that dragged things. We had members that actually went out and they were hiding because they didn't want to face the music on dealing with arguing their position on this life legislation. So I mean, yeah, look, if you don't like making tough decisions, man, you probably shouldn't have put your name on the ballot. So you know, time is the most precious thing we got and we have wasting an enormous amount of it with foolishness over the last seventy two hours.
Speaker 3: You know, memory serves you.
Speaker 2: You are Clay's congressman, at least, you know, part time congressman, right, his home and the Panhand to where he is right now.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm sorry which one.
Speaker 3: Clay, Yeah, no, you're got you're I think, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He's there right now.
Speaker 4: You know what, I hope he's spending an enormous amount of money in Northwest Florida enjoying the world's most beautiful beaches. And yeah, he did a hell on TV the other day and he was gushing about, you know, enjoying the Panhandle while we were up here facing the monsoons. So yeah, he'll actually he goes. He used to go into the old iHeart station that I was in for a while when he did a show remotely up there.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Yeah, no doubt, and a much better representation that Clay has than May I have. Unfortunately, the same house representation that the president does, which is lowis Frankel.
Speaker 3: Nobody wins in that deal, you know.
Speaker 5: But you're.
Speaker 4: It is so cool to note that I'm talking to you and you're doing still in on Clay and Bucks show. I mean that just shows you where you have taken your career and how effective you are communicating what's important to the listeners. So I mean, you think about important that family of listeners is and for them to entrust you with their listeners. God bless you, dude. That's a heck of a damn accomplishment. I'm proud to call your friend.
Speaker 3: Well, God bless you.
Speaker 2: I've lived a career on the periphery people far more impressive than myself.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Jimmy, God bless you. Look forward to the vote.
Speaker 5: Talk to you soon, See you, buddy, Take care, coybye.
Speaker 3: Brian mutt In for claim buck.
Speaker 8: This runs directly contrary to what President's Trump indicat in January, which was that he was going to love and cherish medicaid. Nothing about this bill loves and cherishes medicaid.
Speaker 3: It guts medicaid.
Speaker 2: For slugs. It guts it for slugs. That's the only Hakeem Jeffries. He is making the most out of his magic minute. He has officially set the record for the longest use of what's known as a magic minute by the it's a house procedure. So he's now spoken longer than McCarthy. Record is a It's an interesting dynamic right now, Brian mudd In for a claim.
Speaker 3: But because.
Speaker 2: You had Maxi Waters recently approached the podium and so right next to Hakeem Jeffries, who is you know, still going at it, although he has been reaching for his mouth a lot recently, he's been going for water more frequently recently. You have Maxine Waters that looks to be I don't know, about three feet away from him, maybe maybe two. And I'm wondering at this point all the Democrats are standing now as well. So I'm wondering if it didn't get to the point where it's like even the Democrats are okay, Hikeem, so like you set your record, We're going to send Maxine to stare at you. We're just just gonna stand next to you and stare at you until you're done here. I think it might be a subtle maneuver by the House Minority group to try to get Hikem to wrap it up.
Speaker 3: But he's still going.
Speaker 2: He's still at some point we do anticipate here at the NASU distance, we are actually going to get to the vote that is going to give your wallet a big break. Okay, so you've heard a lot of lies about what the BBB actually means. You heard, Hikem, it's all about the billionaires. They really don't have any any new tricks. It's like, man, that playbook is old and dusty.
Speaker 5: So here we are.
Speaker 3: You know the burn he huffed, he puffed, You had Pocahontas.
Speaker 2: She whined that all went down the Senate aoc. She still sounds like she's thirteen. Hakeem and the throes of his last stand. Here you had in the Senate. You know Tom Tillis and Susan Collins that did side with the slugs, you know, those who don't believe in medicator snap work requirements. Just who's a cute little illegal immigrant? Oh you are here, have some food stamps in Medicaid. But anyway, through kill version of House Freedom Caucus members at the White House yesterday, it does look like we are on the precipice of passing President Trump's One Big Beautiful Bill Act, or the Act as it happens to be, because of final act of pettiness. You probably heard about this in a last minute maneuver when it was being passed out of the Senate. Yet a maneuver that was so petty. It was only something that Chuck Schumer would do, you know, just prior to the final Senate vote. Good old Chuck, you Schumer. As a rush often would say he forced a motion to rename the One Big Beautiful Bill Act, the Act.
Speaker 3: Invoking the section of the Bird Rule.
Speaker 2: It's one of the arcane Senate rules that named after the former Democrat KKK organizer turned longtime senator that they now think is great. So anyway, Chuck, you then literally went on to say that because of the formerly aesthetically pleasing Act, people are going to get sick and die. People are going to get sick and die, and you're going to have hunger kids. And you know that's it's the whole You know, Republicans want want your kids to starve. So I actually think there's a far better chance to like people get sick and maybe like seriously ill, just by listening to Chuck and Hikeem. By the way, well it does look like speaking of Hikeem in real time, I think he's done.
Speaker 3: Oh he's not.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Ah, it's a heroes welcome. You ever noticed just how ugly those people are to It's just I don't mean to be offensive. It's like, you take a look. You have all this great senior leadership of Democrats that are now hugging Hakeem. Oh you are You're great That is a that is a motley bunch of people right there. I always said, there's nothing about hate that age as well, you know, just it's not attracted, which, by the way, AOC not gonna go so well, although I'm not sure she actually really just words coming out of her mouth. But nevertheless, what does this actually mean to you? Well, the whole thing is huge money to you. If you remember during the debate and the lead up to President Trump's twenty seventeen tax Cut in Jobs Act, remember how you were routinely lied to by the fake news. Remember how you were told that only tax cuts for the rich, higher taxes for you.
Speaker 3: You know, one of the things I thought.
Speaker 2: Was was so instructive, just how pervasive the mind washing of of most Americans was. You had even after the tax cuts had kicked in, pulling from NBC News in the Wall Street Journal showing that only seventeen percent of Americans thought they were getting tax break again. They had already started to kick in, but they had been a lied to you for so long, and you still had your godless souls in slanders news media that still had enough influence, apparently with people that only seventeen percent actually thought they were getting one. In reality, over eighty percent of Americans saw tax break from the Tax Cutting Jobs Act. What was the average savings twenty one hundred dollars per filer within the first year. By the way, it's the number only growing a lot bigger over the past seven and a half years. And surprise, surprise, you have the line that is the exact same thing, i mean, same playbook from them, right, So this is gonna be horrible for you.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: It's the the.
Speaker 2: Screw You Act, and you know, just for the billionaires. But let's start with the bottom line. The one big, potentially aesthetically pleasing bill, it is huge for you and your household. So first of all, it makes permanent the original Trump tax cuts with individual tax reductions for the average twenty two percent average filer twenty two percent. Now how much money you start breaking this stuff out for households By the time you take a look at child tax credits, the nominal rate reductions, the average number of people that file in the home, all these things, you know what actually is because a lot of the numbers that have been thrown out there don't factor in all of the tax savings. If you break out what the tax savings per household that file taxes is you're at thirty nine hundred bucks. Thirty nine hundred dollars. The wait, there's more. Eighty four percent of households are going to see additional tax cuts beyond the current policy. I mean, ninety one percent will get some kind of benefit, but eighty four percent stand to benefit by an additional twenty nine hundred bucks annually.
Speaker 3: When this passes.
Speaker 2: Come next year, another twenty nine hundred bucks in tax savings for you and your family. So here's what's actually on the line, and people will throw numbers out there talk about all the The average household in this country, the round trip on this deal is sixty eight hundred dollars. If you had the tax increase from having the Trump tax cuts expire and then also not the benefit of the additional tax cuts here, you round trip would be out sixty eight hundred bucks next year your family, average household in this country. That comes from beef up, beats up, child tax credit, no federal taxes on tips, overtime, higher standard deductions, real money, real savings coming right down the line. And one of the really big ones, seniors, you know, one of the things that Trump. Of course, it was the no tax on tips, no tax on over time and along the way you said, and no no tax.
Speaker 3: On Social Security either. It was kind of like one of those, and we'll throw that into it.
Speaker 2: So it's not explicitly that way, but the way that it did end up getting put in here pretty much works that way. So seniors over sixty five get a huge boost, get a huge boost.
Speaker 3: Six thousand dollars added to the standard deduction. So what does that mean. Well, for the average senior.
Speaker 2: Over sixty five comes out to just over one thousand bucks per year in savings. So married filed filing jointly both over sixty five, that's another about two thousand bucks in your pocket. And for almost all seniors it wipes out effectively the tax liability from Social Security. So you pretty much delivered on it that way too. Things that people don't know about. You have an American made car, you get a naught alone, yeah deduction that'll average four hundred and seventy five dollars a year, and savings on that next year the standard deduction. You know, almost everybody uses the standard deduction now is one of the ways that the first Trump tax lawended up closing so many of the loopholes, so many of the deduction loopholes. Ninety one percent of taxpayers use the standard deduction.
Speaker 3: Well that's going up.
Speaker 2: That goes up next year one thousand dollars for individuals and for married couples, So pretty much everybody sees some kind of benefit. But again for over eighty percent of people, over eighty percent of households, we're talking about the benefit being into the thousands, over two thousand dollars per year. So it's absolutely huge.
Speaker 3: Money for you. And so what is actually on the line with this vote.
Speaker 2: It's the choice between a thirty nine hundred dollars tax increase if you let the Trump tax policy expire, or an additional twenty nine hundred dollars tax cut. Now, let me ask you how many people you can do man on the street stuff. You can go to your average Democrat, all right, you could probably go to AOC. Don't tell her it's actually about this law.
Speaker 5: This bill.
Speaker 2: By the way, he came him, he is done. You have Mike Johnson, a House speaker that is now up. Looks like he's calling for the vote. So we are going to get underway with the vote, and we probably are before the end of the show going to have the conclusion to the One Big Beautiful Bill Act the vote on that. So stand by for news and we'll break it. We'll bring you all the breaking news on this. So you know, like even AOC, you get AOC outside of the house, Hey, you want like a thirty nine dollars tax increase or would you like an additional twenty nine hundred dollars tax cut? Even I think AOC, if you just don't tell her how it happens, is going to go yeah, yeah, I would like that. Anybody who's honest is going to tell you that. So, as always, there are two sides of stories, one to facts. The one Big potentially aesthetically pleasing Act. It saves you money, It ends up delivering relief almost entirely across the board. And the great irony is, you know, they're actually five percent of people that ended up paying more under the Trump tax law, the twenty seventeen law.
Speaker 3: You know who those people are.
Speaker 2: The billionaires, wealthy people that were able to make use of standard or make use of deductions that they can't make use of anymore when they were closing loopholes. So Yeah, the only people who actually ended up paying more were the wealthiest people's the exact opposite of what was being said as we are on watch here with House Speaker Mike Johnson getting ready for the vote. Brian Mudd in for Clay and Buck twenty four Clay and Bucks Weekly Campaign cliff Notes episodes dropped Sundays at New Eastern on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.