Speaker 1: NFL Game View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Game Review for about Mercedes Benz, Patrick Claybund back here with my dear friends Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland, who it's very difficult to kind of get differences in picking once the season goes on, because we learn more, we're starting to make the same picks. But we've still managed to differ just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Greg, I mean we tried to the last couple of weeks. I had a perfect week two weeks ago. Let's put up the standings for last week. Is that what you're trying to set me up for?
Speaker 2: No, I just wanted you to say that you guys are my friends and we occasionally have So here's here's what goes on. Greg has a one game lead now on Cynthia, who has a three game lead over me, and we're battling back and front.
Speaker 3: I think the important part is all of us have great records over the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, we'll give you a diplomatic thing to say.
Speaker 6: For a guy who was literally being chased by security through the halls of NFL Network had to say.
Speaker 4: Let's cut that out.
Speaker 2: Oh so, Cowboys Niners a classic rivalry, much like the rivalries on this show. Lately, San Franz has gotten the best of Dallas. They've won the past three matchups, including last year when they dismantled the Cowboys forty two to ten. In Week ten, George Kettle had himself a day, grabbing three receptions for three touchdowns the Randy malstat line against the Cowboys. Teams meet up again Sunday night in Santa Clara. The forty nine Ers lost Brandon Ayuka last week to a torn acl Deebo Samuel statuses in the air.
Speaker 7: Did the Cowboys get it done coming off the bi Greg.
Speaker 4: I do not think so.
Speaker 3: You want to buy week to restart your program, but I think the forty nine Ers win this game twenty six to twenty. It's a familiar matchup because of the coaching situation in Dallas. Mike McCarthy had to be asked during the week in a public press conference, Hey, what do you think about your boss saying that you designed bad plays and that you have a bad scheme.
Speaker 4: I have never heard that from an owner.
Speaker 3: During the middle of the season, it started making me wonder, like if they don't win this game. With all the bad memories that they've had against the forty nine ers, they had the playoff loss, they had the blowout loss you mentioned last year. Patrick, I worry about what's going on here. They're not getting healthy on defense, the offense is stagnant. I think the forty nine ers still have enough talent and certainly enough scheme. I think they can overcome their injuries on offense with a week to prepare against this Cowboys defense, which has really been struggling.
Speaker 5: You have six points, I have seven points.
Speaker 6: I have twenty eight to twenty one, a few more overall points projected for me as opposed to you from Greg in this matchup. Why Well, I'm looking at this Cowboys defense, and I'm looking at their ability to give up Yak in.
Speaker 5: The passing game.
Speaker 6: They're just allowing guys to have tons of yards after the catch. This has been an interesting stat about brock Perty this year. He actually ranks last in terms of the yardage coming the percentage of his yardage coming from Yak. Where's for the past eight seasons that was a San Francisco thing. So I think that trend reverses in this matchup. And start to see that catch and run thing that we're totally used to from this offense come back big time?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: George Kittle? Sure?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Deebo Samuel Sure?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Everyone?
Speaker 6: The answer is yes, anyone that's playing, They're gonna have a good yacht day.
Speaker 7: I believe that they will have a good yack day.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily see the high scores that you guys do. I have a lower scoring game, a slower pace game because the Dallas Cowboys still.
Speaker 7: Cannot stop the run. Greg mentioned the bye week.
Speaker 2: They had an entire offseason to figure out how to approach the opposition running the ball.
Speaker 7: Here's what they've done.
Speaker 2: They are dead last and rushing efficiency, dead last against under center runs, and dead last thirty two in three categories in design runs. Jordan Mason second in the league in yards and carries. Again, if they couldn't do it in an entire offseason, I don't know what the bye week is going to do. We are all aboard on the forty nine ers against the Dallas Cowboys. Nemaus get us Cowboys.
Speaker 3: There are no Cowboys fans left anymore, so they can't meme us.
Speaker 2: Both considered Super Bowl contenders coming into the season as where the Bill who made a new acquisition last week who had an.
Speaker 7: Immediate impact not pictured in there was a celebration. Ever, I going to hug Mark Cooper.
Speaker 2: Him like feeling uncomfortable at all the love coming from his teammates. The Bills are the Seahawks at Luomenfield, Josh Allen against Gino Smith Seattle coming off a big win in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: Do they keep that going at home?
Speaker 6: Cynthia, I think they keep it closer, But I still have Buffalo winning this matchup twenty five to twenty three. When I'm looking at Josh Allen this season and what he's been doing, let's just say the number two hundred.
Speaker 5: And eighty six.
Speaker 6: That's how many consecutive passes that Josh Allen has thrown without that other thing that happens. I know sometimes Buffalo people, we are Midwesterners.
Speaker 5: I'm a Midwesterner. They're Midwesterners.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 5: That's the highest compliment I can give you. You can't jinx it.
Speaker 6: So that thing that's the opposite of completing a pass but not incomplete anyways, that hasn't happened. It is the longest current streak in football. It is the longest streak in Bill's history.
Speaker 5: That has been a.
Speaker 6: Huge reason why this team is so great. And the quick passes that is where they've really gotten things going, especially on first and second day. That's going to continue because that is a one way to really target the Seattle defense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't want to do that thing that hasn't happened. To quote my dad, that thing.
Speaker 2: There's three things that can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad, and one of those is the thing that Cynthia is talking about that.
Speaker 7: We're not talking about.
Speaker 2: I also have a close Bills win twenty six to twenty five because of Josh Allen. The Falcons offense was an issue for the Seahawks in the run game, but in the passing game they were kind of limited because Kirk Cousins isn't necessarily the most mobile.
Speaker 7: So you go from defending Kirk Cousins to.
Speaker 2: Having to deal with this guy out on the edge where he's number two in the league in passing yardage on the run that's running at over eight miles an hour and throwing the ball. He's also in the top ten in terms of scramble yards. I think that's tougher for Seattle. So I've got a Bills win here.
Speaker 3: Great, man, this is messed up because the Seahawks were three point underdogs last week.
Speaker 4: I picked them. I got it.
Speaker 5: I know that's how you got up on them.
Speaker 3: I just figured one of you guys would take him. Here, we have the same type of score, thread in the needle, A close Bills win twenty nine to twenty seven. Yeah, because it's like, kill your darlings. I love both these teams. I picked the Bills to win the super Bowl this year. It's partly because of the pass rush. So let's look at what Greg Russo and Ed Oliver and this whole group as a team is doing. They have a team passer. What we all have two point scores.
Speaker 5: I just thought that you were gonna like third person.
Speaker 6: Let's look at what Greg has said about Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: If I win the picks competition for a third straight year, I might start going third person all the time.
Speaker 4: But for now, I want to talk.
Speaker 3: About this defense because I do think against the Seattle offensive line, that's the difference. It shows that we don't feel that strong because we have the Seahawks covering all three of us the three point spread, and yet we don't have them winning.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest factor there is DK Metcalf's health, and yes, and if that was the other way, I would have been comfortable same picking the Seattle Seahawks instead Seattle Meme Away.
Speaker 7: Moving to the Eagles, they've been able to win two straight.
Speaker 2: Last week, Sinquan got some sweet revenge against his old team.
Speaker 7: He's done it again. The Eagles and Bengals.
Speaker 2: Once upon a time long ago, Burrow and LSU bested Hurts and Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl. They haven't met in the professional ranks yet, so this is their first time since.
Speaker 7: He's won three of their last four games. Who's winning this one.
Speaker 6: Cynthia, You know, I was a little surprised when I saw the outcome of my model in this one. But I have the Eagles just the one point win, twenty four to twenty three, in part.
Speaker 5: Because of that guy who we just saw. Do I think it's going to be one hundred and seventy six yards and a bajillion touchdowns in this game? I mean, it could very well be.
Speaker 6: However, I think it's more about the consistency on early downs so that Jalen Hurts has a chance to really do the thing that he does best, which is figure out all the different pass catching options that he has on every single down.
Speaker 5: I know that Trey Hendrickson is there. I know there are some o line questions in terms of health.
Speaker 6: However, Saquon running to the other side gives a lot of help to Jalen Hurts and the offense. So for me, it's the run game, in the stability in the run game that tips the scales in the favor of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: And we have a similar difference in terms of one point and a similar win in the Philadelphia Eagles. And it's side a similar reason because the Bengals run defense, while it has improved over the last few weeks, during this run not enough. I got the Eagles twenty one to twenty because I went to see just how much the Bengals run defense had improved over the past few weeks, considering.
Speaker 7: The fact that Saquan is coming to town.
Speaker 2: So weeks one through four they were dead last in rush defense success rate, and since then they've climbed all the way up to still being in the bottom ten.
Speaker 7: They've gone from the opponent being.
Speaker 2: Successful forty nine percent of the time to forty six percent of the time. I don't think that's enough against Saquon and company.
Speaker 4: Correct, I love me some home favorite, Just Greg, let's go.
Speaker 3: It has been a couple weeks actually since I had to do it, Just Greg, But I have the Bengals winning this game. I have them covering this game twenty four to twenty. I'm not feeling comfortable about Jalen Hurts in this Eagles offense right now because Jalen Hurts isn't feeling comfortable. I know they won twenty eight to three, but Fred Johnson, who's out there playing left tackle, is not starter level at the NFL level. This is a good Bengals pass rush. Even when Jalen Hurts has been protect lately. He's just kind of sitting there and waiting and you said, like trying to make a decision, and then he throws it to AJ Brown and that works pretty well.
Speaker 4: AJ Brown is just amazing.
Speaker 3: But I look at these two teams and I thought the pointspread was going to be higher in this game because I just think the Bengals are a better team right now than the Philadelphia Eagles, So I like them to win and maybe even buy more than four points.
Speaker 7: We'll see. All right, let's go from there.
Speaker 2: This guy or that guy Cynthia, which star more likely to have over seventy four receiving yards in this game?
Speaker 7: Is it aj Brown or is it Jamar Chase?
Speaker 6: It's both, but of the two, I think that Jamar Chase has more yards in general. While I'm looking at this opportunity here against the defense, and yes the Eagles they have upticked that sack number big time, I still think that this is Jamar Chase's yack. I mean, he said it himself this week. He's like, you know, he's gonna let let all of his performance do the talking for him for how valuable he is.
Speaker 5: Right, he answered it. You should google it.
Speaker 6: It's very funny, meaning pay the man, which is what they absolutely should and will do. But in this case, I think it's going to be around night yards. So I have a lot more than seventy four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of great receivers in this game. I think they should pay Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: I think they should pay t Higgins because it's fun to see these guys on the field. At the same time, Bears are the commanders. Jayden Daniels has been dealing with a rib injury. If he can't go, Barcus Mariota gets the start. Who do you like in this potential battle of top picks?
Speaker 3: Grew Well, I like them both, but I like what Caleb Williams is doing with the up tempo Bears passing attack. I have the Bears winning this game twenty to seventeen. I'm operating under the assumption Jaden Daniels isn't playing. I would flip it if he is. But let's talk about that up tempo game. Caleb Williams in the last couple of weeks, including the game in London, was playing so fast and this is the part of the game where maybe a younger quarterback isn't having to think quite as much. You're dictating the matchups, and he's showing that he's very good at the line of scrimmage, being able to figure out and go fast, fast fast.
Speaker 4: Our friend Steve Weisch on the NFL.
Speaker 3: Daily podcast talk to someone within the organization and they said, it really took a few weeks to figure out what he likes to do.
Speaker 4: And Caleb Williams, he likes to go fast.
Speaker 3: We know he's accurate I mean, just look at that seamball there to Cole Comet, the weapons are all healthy coming off of a bye week, So yes, if there's no Jayden Daniels, I think it's a lower scoring game.
Speaker 4: And I like the Bears to win in that scenario.
Speaker 2: A similar situation where I agree, I appreciate Caleb's contributions. Again, a surgical magician literally doctor strange in that capacity, I've got a Bears win as well by two points for me, mainly because of the Bears defense. I recognize Caleb's playing better, but considering what this defense has done, and I think they'll be even healthier after the buy. Now, there was Nojakwan Brisker, Kyler Gordon as of Thursday, but rotational guys like Jacob Martin and Zach Pickens full participants as well. The lowest opposing quarterback rating allowed in the league, whether it's Marcus or Jayden. I think the Bears defense makes it tough and that gives me a confidence in a two point edge.
Speaker 6: Cynthia Well, I'd like to have a surgeon that's magical as opposed to a magician that's a surgeon. Anyway, either way, here, I'm taking Washington here twenty four to twenty three. I am operating under the assumption that we will see Jade and Daniels. I do believe that I understand that this is a rib injury, and I understand that's very painful. But I also know that he's got this one circled since, like last.
Speaker 5: You know, the very minute you.
Speaker 6: Walk down, like whenever we schedule released in.
Speaker 5: May, Revenge game not Revenge.
Speaker 7: But they doubted me.
Speaker 5: They doubted me. They thought I was number two. I thought all the world one. I felt, oh no.
Speaker 6: But I do think that this is an important one for him, probably emotionally. His coach has nothing but good things to say about him. When I'm looking at his ability to connect with Terry McLaurin specifically, I know you talked about how great those offensive backs are for the Bears, but you also talked about they're not practicing. They weren't practicing this week for Kyler or Gordon, for Jakwan Brisker.
Speaker 5: So Jalen Johnson is just one man.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: He can't patrol the whole field. And I do understand that.
Speaker 6: You know, the other guys have been great and stepped up in replacement, but This is a prime number, baby, and probably won't be by the time it starts, because I imagine it's gonna change a Ruski it. But you know, I think it's Washington unfortunately for Bears.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations to the commanders. You get the first prime number of the day. That's the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes, Bins and folks. You can upgrade your Sundays with NFL Plus Premium and watch live local and primetime games on mobile devices, plus NFL Red Zone game replays and more. You can sign up today at plus dot nfl dot com. Subscription is required for NFL Plus Premium. Terms and conditions apply. Colts and the Texans top two teams in the AFC South. When they met back in Week one. Houston won it by two, twenty nine to twenty seven.
Speaker 7: It feels like forever ago. What happens this.
Speaker 6: Time in Week A, Cynthia a Begger win for Houston is what I have forecast twenty six to nineteen in this matchup.
Speaker 5: I want to say something about how CJ. Stroud has been playing.
Speaker 6: I did a lot of homework on Stroud specifically, and he's kind of been like quarterbacking two point Oho.
Speaker 5: There's like three steps one. Step one, be really good.
Speaker 6: You don't necessarily need to be offensive rookie of the year good, but you do need to be really good.
Speaker 5: Step two.
Speaker 6: Then maybe what you're gonna do is you're gonna have defenses try to really have things that they do against you.
Speaker 5: Specifically, we saw it last week with the Packers.
Speaker 6: They didn't even blitz it, but they brought the heat with four or fewer pass rushers and that got to him.
Speaker 5: All right, now we learn something. Now it's c J.
Speaker 6: Stroud's turn to evolve into his next iteration of him. So all these bad things are seeing happen that is not gonna be the case in this matchup.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I love the Texans in general. I didn't like seeing all that negative c J.
Speaker 4: Stroud.
Speaker 3: You know tape, let's put something positive about the Texans. They win thirty three to nineteen, and it's partly because c J. Stroud's gonna hand the ball off to Joe Mixon and the offensive line that's so bad at pass protection doesn't have to worry about it as much.
Speaker 4: This is the biggest.
Speaker 3: Boom or bust offense, and especially boom or bust running.
Speaker 4: Game in the entire league.
Speaker 3: But when it's boom or bust, Patrick, what do you think happens against the Colts defense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the boom, it's boom.
Speaker 4: I mean Joe Mixon.
Speaker 3: He can have one, one, negative one and then he'll have forty And I think that's what's gonna happen in this game.
Speaker 4: Three or four different times.
Speaker 3: They end up racking up big rushing yards with those quick hitting runs where it really gets up the seam and I'm going thirty three to seventeen.
Speaker 4: It's a get right game for the Texans offense.
Speaker 2: All it's unanimous. I've got the Houston Texans as well in this game. A bounce back game, not just for CJ. Stroud, who had eighty six yards passing, but for Tank Dell as well, because when I think about the Colts, I think about Gus Bradley's defense going out there and having a similar type scheme and plan week after week after week, and Cynthia outlined you got to be a little bit different to get c J. Stroud off the edge and back in week one, there was a lot of Tank Dell getting involved. He also had two carries in the game seven targets. I know it's been a slow start, but I think without Nico Collins, this is the game for TANKDLL to come out there and have a big game against a division rival.
Speaker 7: More to come here on game debut. Up next to another.
Speaker 2: Big matchup for the top spot in a vision going down in Tampa. Baker in the Bucks versus Kirko Chains again. They scored a billion points last time. Who's ready to claim the South? Our answer right after this, Oh, that was the most fun I've had on a Thursday night since Baker Mayfield's epic win across the street at so Far Stadium a couple of years ago.
Speaker 7: That was a walk off win.
Speaker 2: In Week five for the Falcons against the Bucks. We got a big rematch Sunday for first place in the South. Tampa will not have Chris Godwin unfortunately, or Mike Evans who gets it done here.
Speaker 6: Cynthia Well, that shifted my score completely. I have at Landa winning this one twenty three to twenty. It's not great when you have to say, like these two guys who are everything to your offense are gone. But on the other side, you need to sit down for the stat I know drew our producer really likes it too. Do you know that last week was the first time in Bajon Robinson's career as a pro that he had one hundred or more rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in the same game that.
Speaker 7: I had no idea.
Speaker 5: That's wild, Like, I don't that's that's how a good mic drop thing.
Speaker 3: Anyways, he had security should be going after Arthur Smith for that.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's a wild stat It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: But this is the difference maker in this game.
Speaker 6: I think both defenses have some big question marks, but with all of those pieces missing on offense, the run game and the stability the run game can give you the ball control. It just means maybe he has another one hundred yard and one rushing touchdown.
Speaker 5: Wild that's the first one.
Speaker 2: It's something that we've been saying for most of this season that this is not the traditional run.
Speaker 7: Stopping Todd Bowles defense.
Speaker 2: I have Atlanta winning this one mainly again, it's a lot to overcome with the injuries, and the Falcons.
Speaker 7: Had that big win.
Speaker 2: With the entire facility available for Tampa Bay and now they go back in and this offensive piece is just hurt and including Darnell Mooney is back. Folks, you want to talk about a stat line on Thursday Night football, Darnell Mooney had sixteen targets. He had nine catches. This season, he has thirty two catches. Eleven of them have been on third down, third and Darnell is on the way for Tampa.
Speaker 4: Bayker, Okay, I think this is a tough one.
Speaker 3: I don't like when they play their whole season series within just a couple of weeks and it's over this the biggest game, and yet there's something about me. It's just a hunch that the Bucks get this wrong. And you might say you want more than a hunch, but let's go just Greg Nation, My hunches have been like one or two games better than these two over about a two hundred and eighty games sample size. So this is a pick against the Atlanta Falcons defense.
Speaker 4: Let's go to that. Let's go to the tape for some bad Falcons defense. They don't have anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the point, Like, it's not really much of a difference that I get like one or two games up on you guys, but I like to brag about it. The numbers are ridiculous for how bad this pass rush is dead last in the league in pressure rate, despite the fact that they blitz at the tenth highest rate in the league. So they're sending extra guys and they still get no pressures.
Speaker 4: You know how many sacks they have this season.
Speaker 3: Six, that's like a light day's work for Aiden Hutchinson. Give me a break with this pass rush. I think the scheme for the Bucks is good. Baker Mayfield's up and down. We're due for an up. Let's go Trey Palmer, Let's go Bucks defense. And I just think it. They don't deserve to win the division this early.
Speaker 5: The Falcons catch us stray. Why go to remind me that A Hudginson isn't playing?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, yeah, that was well. He he's the guy with five or six sex in game.
Speaker 4: Just me worked.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're gonna sort everything out here and make sure everybody's okay.
Speaker 7: The team everyone looking up at.
Speaker 2: Right now, the Chiefs, of course, Kansas City the only remaining unbeaten. If you're wondering VIT's seeing Jack Jones going to the end zone. This is the last time they haven't lost a game since Christmas, and it was against the Raiders back in December, Antonio Pierce's squad win an arrowhead sucker punched. The Chiefs went in twenty to fourteen to Spight am O'Connell throwing for sixty two yards. Since then, mahomes squad has won twelve straight games, including a game where they hoisted the Lombardi Trophy. So that gets us too quick picks here on game debut, A big rematch, well big for one day between the Raiders and the Chiefs. A and O'Connell out with a thumb injury, so incomes Gardner.
Speaker 7: Will Gardner shock the world?
Speaker 4: Greg he will not.
Speaker 3: Chiefs win this game twenty four to thirteen with their new wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins getting it done for Patrick Mahomes. Maybe it's not a huge package of plays, although the way he's been.
Speaker 4: In different offenses throughout his career.
Speaker 3: I would expect he's out there thirty forty STAPs and certainly in the red zone. Patrick Mahomes needs someone that can catch a ball in tight windows where he knows he can be accurate, and just his receiver is gonna make a play. Justin Watson nice player, not that guy. DeAndre Hopkins definitely that guy. They get it done and they remember that loss to the Raiders. They do not want to let it happen again.
Speaker 2: So there it is Raiders fans, although maybe you feel the same way we do it this point, the Packers and Jags down in do ball.
Speaker 7: Green Bay has won three in a row. The Jags to play back to back games in London. They flow back. They don't have no buy Cynthia. Can they overcome that?
Speaker 6: No. I actually have a closer game than maybe you might think. Twenty six to twenty two for Green Bay. I'm looking at Jordan Love and how well he does when he doesn't get blitzed. I mean, the numbers are staggering, like one hundred and fourteen passer rating, eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 5: He's right up the top of the league when nobody blitzes him.
Speaker 6: And it's very unlikely that this team, because they're really The strategy for the Jags has been to sort of protect a lot of their secondary so you can't blitz. You can't leave them on that like less number situation when you got all these.
Speaker 5: Different pass catchers.
Speaker 6: So they're likely to not blitz a lot in this one, which means we're gonna get good Jordan Love not interception.
Speaker 5: Jordan Love. Packers win all.
Speaker 2: Right, Gregson got the score getting really SOLDI he's thirty seven to seventeen. They're the passers at the Broncos at mile high. Bryce Young starting for Carolina. A rough one as the youngster has to go against the number one passing efficiency defense in the league. That's why I've got the Broncos here eighteen to ten. But let's talk about that Denver Broncos offense, mainly Javonte Williams, who didn't get to finish an incredible performance against the Saints because they got the garbage time so early backups came in. So here's another chance for the tackle breaking monster Javonte to go up against a bad rushing defense in the NFC South for him to try to feast upon them. Time for us to seize the season presented by Caesars Sports Book. As we are looking at the Jets and the Patriots first touchdown score odds, it's three gents at the top breasts Davante and Garrett Wilson, followed by Ramandre Stevenson's not getting a lot of carries in the red zone specifically, and then Antonio Gibson. So let's discuss this big in some places. Matchup in Foxboro, Aaron Rodgers and the Jets have lost four straight.
Speaker 7: Do they turn it around? Cynthia?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it a turnaround?
Speaker 7: Do they beat the Patriots?
Speaker 6: They beat the Patriots twenty five to seventeen. It's a pretty big win by eight points. But I want to talk about DeVante Adams because when you trade for someone and you make this much noise about it, we absolutely need to break down his first game and he lined up in the slot on fifty what he played ninety six percent of snaps, so I guess his hamstring's okay. And he lined up in the slot fifty one percent of the time. That is actually the highest for him since twenty sixteen. Back we were all just children and he was playing in Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers. What happened there, Well, he didn't really make much noise on either. He did get a bunch of a decent amount of targets in this game. However, I think that it takes a minute for all the chemistry to come back. And when you're looking at this defense, I'm sorry they're banged up.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're soft. I just think that they're banged up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes things take tom sometimes they take longer than two and a half seconds, which is how long it's taking Aaron Rodgers to get rid of the football, especially when he plays the team with a decent pass rush.
Speaker 7: He is not playing one. This week.
Speaker 2: The New England Patriots bottom ten in terms of pressure percentage. And you look back at these few games, look at the pocket for Trevor Lawrence to throw this deep ball to BTJ and Christian Zalis played a solid game, but it's hard to cover. Quarterbacks are able to just stand back there and throw the ball like this, and imagine Aaron Rodgers doing that. I don't have a big Jets win because I don't necessarily trust the Jets or think they're a very good football team eighteen seventeen, but I do think if you can't rush Aaron Rodgers, then it's going to be hard to beat Aaron Roch.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we seventeen's hilarious.
Speaker 4: We do have a memeller.
Speaker 3: It feels like eighteen seventeen, that's the last time the Patriots were good. But I have the Patriots covering, so you got that go And for you Patriots. Two of the three of us have you covering it's twenty four to twenty. Let's just talk about Drake May because I've heard talk in New England like, yeah, Drake May's playing well, but everything else is a disaster.
Speaker 4: Don't lose the forest for the trees.
Speaker 3: Like this organization, the defense, the head coach, everything's disorganized.
Speaker 4: None of it matters.
Speaker 3: Drake May is the only thing that matters about this entire organization. This season is a full on success. If Drake May is a real dude. I think he's a real dude. Through two games, he is looking like a real dude. Whether the coaches last or the teammates last, it doesn't matter because finding a franchise quarterback is the only thing that matters.
Speaker 4: Drake May. I love you.
Speaker 6: I would like to put up a little meter of how many times do you sort of accidentally throw shade at me as a Lions fan who actually hasn't had a team that's been good in a long time. Eighteen seventy you're a Patriots fan. Okay, you got like all these rings on your finger from whatever that is?
Speaker 5: Two for you, sir.
Speaker 4: They literally won the Super Bowl like six years ago. So that's a fair point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so there it is. It's meme alert and Greg once again it gets to bemoan. Oh the troubles that he has seen as a fan. Oh, I'm sorry for the New England Patriots that sees the season. Presented by Caesars Sportsbook, download the Caesars Sportsbook App and official sponsor of the NFL. New users place your first bet up to one thousand dollars. If you lose, you'll get it back as a bonus bet. Use promo code TV one thousand must be twenty one or older. C Caesars dot Com backslash promos for full terms. Kyler's squad heading in Miami to take on the Dolphins to a tongue Valoa expected to play, and that's the main reason I think he gets the Fins back on track with They win it by one, twenty one to twenty just because the offense looks so much different, guys, when it's to a tongue of Valoa back there playing quarter. In fact, let's remind everybody just how quickly he gets the ball into the hands of his playmakers. And yes, the reason that I didn't necessarily believe the Chargers were going to beat the Arizona Cardinals last year. Last week was because the Chargers don't make big plays. Well, I think Jalen Waddle, Raheem Moster, Tyreek Hill. I know it hasn't been this year, but traditionally those are three guys that can make big plays at Devon han In.
Speaker 7: I think it's a Finns win break.
Speaker 3: I have gone back and forth on this game more than any game all season long, and yet somehow I ended up on the Dolphins winning by ten points. I just feel like it's like a blowout either way. I think the Dolphins running game is why I kind of believe in Tua's return, because everything else about the Dolphins has been getting better. Let's to show the running game. Please don't look at me anymore. You guys are laughing that I made it a ten point win. Someone's gonna win this game in a blowout. They just feel like teams that are gonna collapse if they fall behind. But this running game over the last two weeks has been awesome. The last couple weeks, over one hundred and seventy five yards one ninety three against the Pats, one to eighty eight against the Colts, and the Cardinals rush defense is one of the worst in the league. So if the running blocking is getting going, everyone's healthy. Raheem Moster is back, Jalen Wrights playing great eight chan is there. I think that supports to a tugbailoa where he doesn't need to be the hero, and it's a great matchup against the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Well, you have a huge win for the Dolphins and you have a very narrow win for the Dolphins. I will be Goldilocks and go right in between. I have Miami winning twenty five to twenty one in this one, and sneakily, this front for the Miami Dolphins has had a lot of pressure. Now it hasn't always resulted in a sack, but it's like almost forty four percent of the time they're getting after the opposing quarterback. Kyler Murray is a special type of different sort of dude back there. But I want to give this this defense a little bit more credit. And I also want to talk about Chop Robinson. I love his name, and he has the second highest pressure.
Speaker 5: Rate among rookie so that's fun.
Speaker 6: And when I'm looking at what could potentially happen in this matchup, I do think like we have, potentially, at least the season so far because of some other weird stuff, we've forgotten that the defense has gotten significantly better.
Speaker 2: And they needed Chop Robinson to hit because he was seen as that developmental guy where you come in and work on things.
Speaker 7: Well, he's getting product, so shout out to him.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's a surgical magician.
Speaker 7: He could be the best kind of magician.
Speaker 2: Tyreek said earlier this week, with Tua back, it's Thomas, strike up the band, start him in fantasy. We've been waiting, Tyrek, So let's do some maths, Cynthia. Will the cheatah have over eighty three receiving yards on Sunday?
Speaker 6: Absolutely. I don't know what noise cheatahs make, but I think it's like a lion. They'll were rorish cheatah kind of like chirpish. Okay, well they'll chirp. The cheetah will chirp. But ultimately, here I looked to find something that I could could kind of put my wrap my head around about this defense, and there aren't a lot of defensive backs who are doing things that would stop him.
Speaker 5: How about that, right, the yards after the catch.
Speaker 6: The speed, all of it, all the different locations that his coach gets him in. This feels like a big cheetah chirping game.
Speaker 3: So I was told by the producers I could chime in here. I'm going to use this time to ask for some fantasy help from the experts. It is my two quarterbacks in this game, Tua and Kyler Murray. I've been starting Kyler all year.
Speaker 4: Who do you go with?
Speaker 7: I would start Kyler for the rushing ups.
Speaker 6: I feel like, well, it's just the way that I guess. It would depend on how your scoring goes.
Speaker 4: But it is six points. Okay, we're getting too deep. Kyler Kyler. We like them both, but we like them both.
Speaker 5: They're both startable.
Speaker 7: Hey, joined me and Cynthia for NFL Fantasy lest coming up on Monday.
Speaker 4: From this room.
Speaker 7: Lamar and the Ravens looked amazing Monday night in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Will they keep it rolling Sunday against Jameis Winston now and the Browns or.
Speaker 7: Should they be on upset alert? Find out what we think after a quick break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you've been I don't know if having a good time during the fall of the past eight years, Lamar Jackson's arm does exist.
Speaker 7: The Ravens and Browns.
Speaker 2: Jamis Winston starting for Cleveland with Deshaun Watson out for the year. Baltimore won five straight of these matchups in the division. Do they make it six, Cynthia, they do?
Speaker 6: They make it six by seven points? Twenty six two nineteen is what I have in this matchup. I just want to take a moment for Lamar Jackson's arm. Just kidding, I mean, I am actually talking about that.
Speaker 5: But the play action.
Speaker 6: Passing has been a thing of beauty for him. And I know when you look at the stats, you're like, wow, you know the Browns defense is actually pretty good against play action. Oh no, no, this is not Lamar Jackson play action that they've faced to create those stats. So this is probably the last week that you're'd be able to get in on any good value for Lamar Jackson to be the MVP, if you know what I'm saying, and that knocking on what did happen? But if you want to get the value, it's probably the last week you'll be able to do that. A win seven points a good Lamar Jackson game, especially on play action.
Speaker 3: I love a good agreement between Cynthia and I. We both have a seven point margin which means we have Jameis Winston and the Browns covering the spread baby steps here that they keep it close.
Speaker 4: And it's because of Jameis Winston that I think it's going to be close.
Speaker 3: He comes in last week and he executes what I thought was the best offensive drive I really saw from a Browns quarterback all season. Let's his playmakers like David and Joku make a great touchdown and throw that was not a throw Watson was even gonna make on time to the outside there, getting Cedric Tillman involved, just ball out of his hand quickly. We haven't seen a lot of Jamis Winston, and we know that he's going to be aggressive. You said your model indicates that that adds some volatility. Might get really good, he might be really bad. At least it gives him a chance for a quarterback that's really good, which they didn't have a chance for for before.
Speaker 5: I miss Joe Flacco. I mean, I'm being a brown that was really fun last year.
Speaker 3: I think Jameis Winston actually can do a pretty good absolutely imitation of late career Joe Flack.
Speaker 2: Abolutely yeah, we do think it's a better quarterback situation. I don't necessarily think that the Cleveland Browns are going to win this game. I do have them scoring over twenty points for the first time this season and getting a twenty five to twenty one Baltimore Ravens win. The reason I think they will score those points is because we could celebrate hal great Lamar and the offense have been Lamar's throwing for nine yards per attempt, But another good quarterback this season has been the quarterback that's playing the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 7: They're giving up eight point three yards per attempt.
Speaker 2: The second most passing yards in the league, and dealing with the other teams one is a huge issue.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's not my Kevin's or Jamar Chase or DeVante Adams.
Speaker 7: Those guys.
Speaker 4: Jerry Judy, Yeah, but it is Jerry Judy, and we'll see David and Joku.
Speaker 2: Because we Marlin Humphrey injury status, they get Jalen Armor Davis perhaps back this week, Arthur Maulette back as well. But I'm gonna need to see it from the Ravens quarterbacks where I have a dominant win.
Speaker 7: Over any team in the NFL. We're not done going international quite yet here as we celebrate this meeting live for Munich.
Speaker 2: The Giants square off against the Panthers on NFL Network, Rive, Shine and watch Sunday, November tenth at nine thirty am Eastern only on NFL Network and NFL Plus. Subscription required for NFL Plus Premium.
Speaker 7: Is to get to another round of quick picks.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the g Man, they got the Steelers Monday night, Russ was cooking against the Jets.
Speaker 7: What happens here?
Speaker 4: Greg, I think the Steelers win this game.
Speaker 3: I think the Giants keep it closer than the points spread would indicate. But it's partly because Russell Wilson got so much credit last week for his wide receivers just making out rageous plays.
Speaker 4: It was almost annoying because I'm a I like Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: I was surprised they made this move, and I do think the offense maybe has a higher upside here if Russell Wilson keeps testing deep down the field in a way and using play action like Justin Fields wasn't. But let's be real, George Pickens making outrageous grabs. The tight ends are making nice catches. Friarmuth had that one hander, it would be perfect.
Speaker 7: If this is a nice ball.
Speaker 4: Hearing is no, that's a little nice ball.
Speaker 3: It's a nice ball, but it's like deflected and he kind of has to slow down. There's a lot of good balls. This will just mean it's a team sport. Here's the Friarmuth one hander. Just give some love to the receivers. Maybe this group is a little better than we taught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, celebrate all all the success there. Titans and Lions coming up in Motown. Cynthia squad winning four straight? Are they making it five?
Speaker 6: I have a ten point win for the Lions twenty eight to eighteen in this matchup. I need to give a little love to Brian Branch and Kirby Joseph. We don't necessarily talk about kind of safeties and defensive backs on teams who are picked to win by ten points or more, but I'm going to because this team, there are four guys in the NFL with has at least four interceptions, rarely only two that are on the same team. So, huh, put that in your pipe and smoke at Greg.
Speaker 3: I mean he might be a Defensive Player of the Year candidate right now. Brian, I mean you we also that was for.
Speaker 5: Taking shots at my Lions earlier.
Speaker 4: Y all support your line. I didn't take a shot at the well find that you place me in. Hutchinson is a great place, and then.
Speaker 5: You were like, oh, it's so hard being good Patriots man.
Speaker 2: The roar again. Restore it as it has been for a few years now. The Saints and the Chargers.
Speaker 7: Over there at so Far Stadium.
Speaker 2: Spencer Rattler expected to start again if Derek Carr can't go for New Orleans.
Speaker 7: I don't necessarily think that matters.
Speaker 2: I like the Bolts in this one by the grand high score of sixteen points to fifteen points, because we've saw Sean Tucker show up become the RB one in fantasy, Javonte Williams having a huge game, eventually able to sit out for most of the fourth quarter. And now this Saints run defense is going to have to see JK.
Speaker 7: Dobbins and the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna get some Kamani videll in this game as well, and they're gonna run the ball a ton and there's not gonna be a lot of possessions.
Speaker 7: But Greg and Cynthia have barn burners compared to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what hilarious scores?
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I like what you're what you're putting out there, Patrick, that it's under one score.
Speaker 4: That seven and a half points is a lot.
Speaker 3: The Saints are getting back five or six starters this week. They have the extra rest coming off through, so.
Speaker 5: They don't ever see Shaheed. You think MVS is gonna be like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: They got a couple offensive linemen their defense. Come on, I think I think the Chargers invite close games.
Speaker 2: With all due respect to Super Bowl champion Marquez Valdez Scantling, He's.
Speaker 7: Not Rashid Shaheed, but who is? Yeah, nobody not me.
Speaker 2: Sunday at nine am Eastern, Rich Eyes and Kurt Warner, Steve Mariucci, Cynthia Freeland and the rest of the crew get you set with NFL Game Day Morning. The guys tell us which NFC powerhouse has the tools to turn their season round. Plus Higgins and Raheem Moster joined the show live. Probably two best guests on that show. Sunday, nine am Eastern, right here on a NFL network. Time for write this down here on game debut. Some predictions for Week eight. Why don't you kick it off for the people?
Speaker 3: Okay, sometimes there's a pick. There's a game that I feel so strong about. We got to bring it back during write this down, and it's Packers Jaguars. Actually, that was a quick pick for you, so now I get to talk about it. I feel so good about the Packers in this game. Thirty seven to thirty seventeen is the number that I have, So that's twenty points.
Speaker 4: The spread here is only four. This is one of my favorite picks of the whole year.
Speaker 3: People thinking that the Jaguars are suddenly competent just because they played the Patriots. No, this is the thirty second defense in the league in total defensive efficiency.
Speaker 4: Matt Lafleur is gonna look.
Speaker 3: At these linebackers and look at these safeties, and he's gonna help Jordan Love pick them apart. I put the over under on Packers points around forty in this game. They're just gonna score so much they win by way more than four.
Speaker 6: All Right, Well, I'm gonna go to the game in Denver between the Panthers and the Broncos, and I'm gonna talk about bo Nix's rushing yards. He's gonna have more than twenty six of them. This guy's his EPA on scrambles is point nine to eight.
Speaker 4: That is a lot.
Speaker 5: So what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Actually, this could happen in the first quarter, ladies and gentlemen. So I'm looking at his opportunity in this game.
Speaker 6: And even though I don't necessarily think it's gonna be something where he's running late in the game to do anything crazy, I just think it happens in the beginning early often have his before halftime happiness.
Speaker 7: You can move on.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get them on this one, just like you did with Jamiir Gibbs, because bow Nix has more scramble yards than anybody, like anybody, and scramble opportunities.
Speaker 7: It's nuts.
Speaker 2: And I'm also gonna get some low hanging fruit. Shout out to my dear friend Marcus Scrampt who says that low hanging fruit tastes just as good. And for a reception for Mark Cooper, I think is a nice easy. It's like when you're walking down the street and somebody's got the orange tree inside of the fence and all of the oranges at eye level are gone. There's a clear line that shows you how tall the people walking down the street are because they just grab it. That's what I'm doing here because a Mari shows up. He has six catches for the Buffalo Bills, including a touchdown. I think he has a solid game in more more than three and a hal outs to.
Speaker 4: Living in California. We're just picking fruit off trees, the normal thing.
Speaker 7: That's that's what we do. We like security, Enjoy, Enjoy all those things. Join us next week. Enjoy all the games, folks. You're watching.
Speaker 1: Game debut NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.