Speaker 1: On today's episode the Command Center Podcast. Training camp starts today and we are juice stuff. We break down the roster, who's on the bubble and tan It gives you the best way to know if someone's gonna make the team. It all starts right now, Water Bias. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Pulsing here with Fred Spot and Santana Mossino. Boys. Yes, how has summer been? I feel like I haven't seen you in a very long time. Some have been summery been summering.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've the DMV has been on fire fire.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about one hundred degrees hundre degrees hunting back to bat actual temperature. Yeah, and That's what I'm talking about. But then I went to Chicago and Chicago eighty degree for five days.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 2: I could not believe because I used to go there in the summer.
Speaker 3: As a kid, that my family is there and it would just bare be hot. But it was just like And then I was going to the people in they were like, Na, this's a cool summer for us.
Speaker 2: We didn't have the cool o there.
Speaker 3: My daughter had an AU tournament out there was kind of a beast U.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is she ja like her dadds.
Speaker 4: Impossible to know she's a smooth just.
Speaker 3: Saying she Jai like her daddy. Guess what, logan. I love to see a score, but I love to see.
Speaker 1: A talk trash like you talk about.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just see it.
Speaker 3: I just sit in there. I just cried and stay like I don't even care about the imagine.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild is I hate it when my son talks trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you didn't get what He's just gonna be so opposite and you see, I'm gonna be here, I'm gonna be cheered for him.
Speaker 2: You don't your dad ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: It's true, and.
Speaker 4: I'm just opposite. I hate trash. I love making my duty to embarrass you mama and your daddy. I just call him at one time.
Speaker 3: I love to see it from her because they're telling me that she emotionally connected to the game, like she cares like she she made when they lose.
Speaker 2: She just she want to know. She's passionate about it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like if your kids passionate about something, you don't have to ask them to do.
Speaker 1: It talking to other team or is she like talking to her like?
Speaker 3: First of all, she's giggly, She's very giggly, fun nice, But when the game start, she ain't doing all this smile no more.
Speaker 2: She very competitive.
Speaker 4: So tell me this, and I wanted to ask you this a long time ago. How is she now seeing how much of this? I guess you could say.
Speaker 2: Love. She begins showing love.
Speaker 4: But traction that Wnba has been getting from everybody now, I.
Speaker 2: Think she don't really get.
Speaker 3: She's such a fan of the game that she don't get caught up in what I'm gonna do. Then, I think she's just so happy to be where she at now, Like I think her feet is on the ground. Like we was talking in Chicago, she had a good game with like nineteen points, and she was like powering.
Speaker 2: And stuff, like what are you powdering about? Y'all won the game? You had a good game.
Speaker 3: She's like, Nah, missed too many shots, left a lot of baskets on the board that I supposed to have had like five more steals.
Speaker 2: She's literally just turned sixteen two days ago.
Speaker 1: That's also I guess, yes.
Speaker 3: Because she holds her self account and I think that's the biggest thing with her. And like I told her, as long as you your own biggest critty. You ain't got worried about what nobody else saying.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because you know, I do all the training, and I do the coaching and stuff, and like you, you want kids to walk self starters and self motivated. You were talking about crocodiles and you were in Florida.
Speaker 4: About I was asking him about because I was watching the news in Florida where I thought it was an alligator that just showed up on shore at the beach, and like, that's fresh, that's all we said. So I'm like, man, free, you know everything. I dang, he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know a lot of them.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know it existed, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He does know a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that was just real for me to see that and then just to know that's why I haven't been going to the beach for nothing, because I don't want to see no sharks shocks up on the shore.
Speaker 3: Now, Well that because the water is warming up. If the water warms up, that they changed they food because they food comes close to the inlands. They gonna come close to the inland. That's just what we you. I guess one day we're gonna finally say it's people glo global warming.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know if that's true, because I know some churchs don't like the worm of water.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on what shock.
Speaker 3: And he had the smallert sharks stay in the warmer water, the colder I mean, the biggest sharks stay in cooler water, the bigger preying.
Speaker 1: Up in Cape cod which you always roast because you.
Speaker 3: Know what logan is, older person cause and say you know what fellas won't be in this week, going make case.
Speaker 1: I mean you were, you were, you were talking about Chicago like it was the Bahamas a second ago shown Chicago.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they did today city, but they just ran a mop over the city. They cleaned that city up. Man down to Chicago looks great. Man, I'm telling you that they don't even stink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well that's enough summer recap.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did nothing so god Miami.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, we got a bunch of stuff we got to promote. So first off, we got a historical podcast, right, Hale's Tales. Yes, and we just had the Joe GiB Hiring episode or that's coming up. Jason, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: They just first high.
Speaker 1: Make sure you say that I know what you want to talk about the second hiring.
Speaker 3: Because oh yeah, they I can't wait till they do that tales so I can narrate it.
Speaker 1: We did it on the last episode, right, he talked about it if we did our own little mini Hale's tails.
Speaker 3: About the Hiss tales when they want to do it correct though, I'm gonna be there rating it started on the summer day. I was bored and nothing to do out there, and I just hit Coach Gibbs on the brain.
Speaker 1: Is that the last one? Or is there another one coming up? Two more?
Speaker 2: I mean, gosh, how many stories get the tail?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure he ain't involved in none of them, because is involved in one of them.
Speaker 4: Actually, I had to about facing its.
Speaker 2: Jay, Sorry for I love dude.
Speaker 1: I love how bad Fred wants to be in on this, like so badly. Friends like Jason, Please please let.
Speaker 3: Me make Jason like to see me hate it though. It's something, It does something, his hair perks.
Speaker 2: Something and everything like you Finally Fred hated though, and I love it.
Speaker 1: So obviously that's a great show that's in our that's on our normal YouTube or not YouTube that's on our normal podcast feeds like Apple and Spotify. And then the big news drum roll, we got our People's Choice Podcast Awards. So apparently I didn't know this, but this is a big deal. And Tanna found out because he texted a bunch of people and they said, it's a big deal, like, yeah, people's choice. Yeah, people, the critics, the people. You better believe the critics would vote for that choice.
Speaker 3: But I hate critics because they don't know what to hear they talking about. Most of dad, the people know what they like. You can tell people what they like and consume the people.
Speaker 1: That's true. So the way this works is they have like a panel of experts and they vote on ten shows and we are one of those ten shows. And so now no more expert voting. It's only fan voting. So you can go online. There's a website. Jason, do you know the website because I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Podcast Awards dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, easypasy. It's also in the description. So we need you guys to vote.
Speaker 4: Vote.
Speaker 1: All you need is an email, Tell your friends, tell your family, everybody to vote, because we could potentially win. If they want to win.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, and we want to win. This is the best podcast you get. What other show did you get?
Speaker 2: The smooth guy, the brain and just me At the end of the day, this is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: So go out there vote for us, and when you do that, we are going to meet you at training camp and we're going to get a picture with all of us with you, and we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna actually sit down and chat with you too.
Speaker 1: Have to they have to prove it. Do they have to prove that they?
Speaker 2: Yes, they should by sending.
Speaker 5: That email at what that hawk hawk outside at gmail dot com thank you to give us proof that you did it, so then we can provide you with what we need to to pay you and show you thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some merch left over.
Speaker 4: We got come most shirts left.
Speaker 6: I'm not above anything here, so we're this is a big deal. We're up against some ESPN podcasts and NFL Network podcasts and we're just we're a small market, well not a small market, but compared to the whole country. This is we're a small little group here.
Speaker 1: Because it recording closet.
Speaker 6: This is Daniel versus Eliath. So our fans really need to turn out for us. But I think what they can do.
Speaker 3: It I think we got a chance because we got fans all over the United States, all of the world.
Speaker 2: We got fans in our screare in London, all of them coming.
Speaker 3: Hey, show us some love. You know we the best. Don't lie to yourself, tell the truth.
Speaker 1: All you need is an email to vote. So let's see, Yes, a couple of emails.
Speaker 2: That's a couple of votes.
Speaker 4: We'll take it. Even if you don't like us, Just vote for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done that before. Maybe you show us proof.
Speaker 6: And when you email that hawk outside at gmail dot com and maybe we'll put you in a raffle for America.
Speaker 2: Voted. Yeah, I've voted.
Speaker 1: And then obviously everyone wants to take a picture of Fred and we'll do that, no problem.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well we'll show you love.
Speaker 2: You show us love. We'll show you show love back. That's just where it is.
Speaker 1: And amongst all this love showing yeah, I love. We've got some really really exciting football related stuff happening.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, yep, training camp. It started today. Beginning the beginning of it all.
Speaker 3: Do y'all still get you still get kind of tingling, inchy and anxious?
Speaker 2: It is that no reason.
Speaker 1: I was trading some of my NFL guys last week and like they were all up in the thing. Oh no, we got I was like, thank god, I do that.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, like two days ago, I was like Chicago just zoned out.
Speaker 2: And then something came on like Training Captain this week, like oh.
Speaker 1: My god, like it's just this like Spider Send.
Speaker 2: Like it turned me on and I'm like, man, you know.
Speaker 3: What, like it's game time now, like and it ain't in shape, Like you know, that's the worst thing you want to do, show up not in shape. So I think were on the same clock as them. Now that we work, we were still on the same clock.
Speaker 4: Definitely on the same clock. And one of the things that I'm loving about to see that I'm in now is I ain't got to worry about practicing, So I get that all that vibration, that tingly feeling. But look, I come here and chat a couple of times with you guys, and I'm back in there. I worried about that test running, none of that.
Speaker 1: And the great thing about it is you guys can come out to training camp for free, I think, and watch practice and get that same vibe you know some of you guys are high school football players. You know, maybe I had in a while come out and get it here. Yeah, Washington, because I mean the vibes around the building right now front.
Speaker 3: Are they are electric? Yeah, they are electric, and you can see it. Everybody's smile. Everybody's on the up and up. The energy is different. Like even with the players, man, like, there's so many guys did not even lead it someone like we've been walking past these guys the whole time. Some of that tells me something is brewing and you need to come see what the rock got cooking.
Speaker 4: What you gotta think about it? It's new, you know what I mean? Like, you know one of the things that you've been around organizations and teams where when you when you kind of basically change everything Queen slate protocol. You got all these new bodies, you got these new staff, damn new building. Everything is kind of like new. So I'm getting that new feeling vibe. You know that new car.
Speaker 3: Fit field ain't nothing like that new Cosmel Cocker ugly, but I got that new costumeil in there.
Speaker 1: And coach Dan Quinn was on the Get Lid podcast, I guess with me and g and you coined the term that he's gonna steal and what is it called building?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything about Washington Commander's start with the word.
Speaker 1: Building, which just said, right, I mean we are building.
Speaker 3: Like when y'all come watch training camp, y'all gonna notice these cranes and all these other stuff and these these construction guys because we're making this facility better because we builded. You gonna see the guys at them Pena's in the front office then walking on the sideline talking to other guys in the front office. You know why, because they builded and the owners they won't be at practice all the time because they're gonna bild it at the game stadium, trying to get in up to date because we builded.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, we're moving forward.
Speaker 3: And to do that sometime you got to tear the old stuff down and build something new.
Speaker 1: And that's what we were saying too, right, like just like it's everything is new. Everything's exciting, and I think you know, like you know, one of the questions on here is what's the difference between this season last season and like literally everything is new. Like obviously the owner was here last year with this is the first year that he's got to kind of put his stamp on it, get his people in the area, got Adam Peters. The team is new, the coaching staff is new, the buildings are new, and I think that does a lot to promote like optimism and optimism and energy and like ten I don't know if you've ever been a part of a team like this, it's totally like reconstructing, Like was that was that how I was like when Mike was here?
Speaker 4: Sort of yeah, I think we kept more guys than that this staff did this year coming in, but you had that same feeling, you know, and especially having a new quarterback and McNab coming over that same year, so that was like something that was new for me and fresh and just you know, just watching that guy's you know, his career, playing against him in college. We was both in the Big East. He played at Syracuse. I'm playing for Miami, and to have him coming in it just opened my eyes, like, look, I get a chance to learn from McNabb, seeing what he did over there with all those other guys.
Speaker 3: And feeling give you your f like I gotta be a concrete quarterback, you know what I'm saying, no doubt, Fred, have you read anything like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I play here of the life like I've went through, so.
Speaker 1: That's a question. It was almost have you ever been here with a new owner anywhere anywhere you play, JOm.
Speaker 3: Rod I did in Minnesota, Ziggie Wilf had just bought the team from Red McConn.
Speaker 2: And what was that?
Speaker 4: Like he was.
Speaker 3: Feeling his way out and like, I think what we got with this ownership group is these guys already own other teams. Like when it came to Ziggie Wilf, they were brand new to sports. They had made they millions and billions doing something else and now they're into sports. So he was called I watched him called around to owners and see what should I do. First thing they told him is you're gonna have to get out the metro. Don it stinks we had to wear stadium in football. Now they got one of the best stadium. They were like, you're gonna have to rebuild the practice facility, one of the best practice Like so Ziggie Wiff and the will family took their time to line everything up while still trying to put a competitive football team out there. And I think that's the big challenge with ownership is I got to do a lot of business. Let me just lead the football to the football.
Speaker 1: That's kind of definitely what it feels like here, right. You mentioned what you're building, Yeah, kind of rants you just went on. Is that okay, called a ramp ye buildings around you know what I'm saying, Like, it's all these new things happening, and it's just if I've never been a part of a new ownership group before and so to see it kind of from this angle and like all the things that are going into making this football team better, it's just it's extremely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Like people got to understand, like a calendar in football that twelve months.
Speaker 2: Go by quick.
Speaker 3: We just blinked and we were just finishing up the game last year, the last game of the year. Now we back history in the fresh new year, and I don't think we see how fast it come.
Speaker 2: As players.
Speaker 3: I think now that we don't got older and we just took a step back. We're like, man, the dude don't really get but like a month and a half, it's not really much to it. That's why I give little Tower the player. They say, you know what, I take a break when my career is old. Week Like, I'm gonna stay disciplined the whole year round.
Speaker 1: So obviously the newness is something to be pretty excited about. Patanna, what are you most excited to see in this training camp?
Speaker 4: You know what what I'm and it might be odd for me to say this because I'm an offensive guy, but I'm looking forward to see our defense. I think our dark defense is really I'm looking forward to. I want to see that to nacity that I saw Joe with and you know, you know those guys play with over there in Dallas and Dallas. You know, I feel that some of the things that we saw in mini camp and in OTAs it just gave us a sneak peak of how things are going to be when they put on pads. And as we all know, we saw last training camp that our defense got out to a start and our offense had to catch up. That normally happens because the defense reacting to things, you know what I mean offensively, You know, if you're not putting your whole game plan in against your guys, things gonna be generic. So I think our defense being where they at right now, if I had to say today, who do I think have the better side without even watching them play, I would say defense. I would say defense because you look at the leaders we have at linebacker, you look at the guy we have at the front line, you look at the guys we have in the back end. All those guys, I think they're considerably better than what we have offensively, because one offensively, they got to get they have to jail, you have to know how.
Speaker 2: To time in the area.
Speaker 4: All these plays be on time with the ball, you know what I mean. They have so much other things to learn. So normally defenses jump out in training car fast. Being that we have a defense that's going to play with that tenacity, that kind of attitude that you know, Joe whistpoke on, I'm pretty sure they're going to shop on our offense. And I want to see our offense rise to the challenge.
Speaker 1: And we got to see that today and you guys can see that too when you tune into our live show of practice which is on our YouTube page. Yes, Jason's giving me the yes, so make sure you check that out. It's awesome. We got great access, great coverage. So if you can't make it out to practice, make sure you join us to watch practice and watch that defense come to life. You know with us?
Speaker 2: Can we all agree that a sandwich? Right?
Speaker 1: Is there something to agree to list? Okay, sorry, you're not done.
Speaker 3: Can we agree that the most important part of a sandwich management whatever?
Speaker 2: You know, what's good that ain't get stuck right now? Now? The question is the most important part of a sandwich is what's in the middle, right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I can eat an open face sandwich with no bread, but it's still gonna have the middle right. That's how defenses are. We get better when the middle of the defense is better. I think about San Francisco, their linebackers, everything else go. Think about the Baltimore Ravens, but they had with Queen him make everything go. Every time I bring up a top five defense, it's gonna be some linebackers in there giving your team that identity.
Speaker 2: Your defensive line that show.
Speaker 3: That's that's show intimidators like these, the guys that make the quarterback uncomfortable. But the linebackers make everybody uncomfortable. I'm talking about running back linemen, wide receivers, tight ends. They reach out and touch everybody a T and T. So at the end of the day. No matter what we had last year. Once you make solidify out that middle like that, that's a plus two for the front and a plus two foot of back. I meaning they gonna make them two times better because of what you got in the middle. And then you ain't just get talent, you got some brain trust in there too. With Bobby Wagler, I'm telling you right now, whatever.
Speaker 2: They could have been like last year, they're gonna meet that peak this year.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you just put us out on my face. Pretty good man. How he breaks that, I gotta give you your credit, right.
Speaker 1: And so for all your analytics stords out there are like, well, linebackers are devalued. They're not important when you look at the analytics. Now, let's look at the math. If you have a top ten linebacker at the position.
Speaker 2: Top ten defense, it.
Speaker 1: Elevates the defense. It elevates more than any other position on the defense. So I know, friends has a lot of crazy stuff, but good linebackers is and valuing them and valuing them appropriately. And it's just about whether we think Bobby Wagner and Frankie Louvu are those top ten type guys. But I think they definitely could be.
Speaker 3: Great lineback and cores can cover up a bad pass rush and a bad coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully, and especially you know Frankie Louvu is his ability rush the pastor can wait to watch that.
Speaker 3: Jamie Davis, Like, this is what I want everybody to understand on Christmas. When we get those new toys, we love them new toys, but don't forget about the old toys. Like, don't forget about the old toys. You remember that that he you know what, he is just as fun as they Joe you got, So don't forget about Jamie Davis.
Speaker 2: They were time. You say Frankie Louvo, don't forget when you say Bobby Wagon, don't you.
Speaker 3: Forget about drum pain. People got to understand. For all the new pieces we got, the old ones, we kept the studs. We kept the studs and guess what, don't happen to them because everybody got better around them.
Speaker 2: They will get better. So don't forget about Jamie Davis and the rest of those old heads.
Speaker 1: And so for me, high level again, linebackers defense in general love both of those. I'm just excited to see kind of the staff come together, you know what I'm saying. And how they kind of guide practice and and you know, guide the joint practices and guide the preseason. And because they as much as the team's gotta jail, they gotta jail too. And if they gel kind of in the same way like good coaching can elevate bad players or I think that's something that I think the staff is capable of doing. But it's about how they come together.
Speaker 3: And uh, because we know how it is, it gets shippy over under.
Speaker 2: No, this ain't any fight. This is gonna be a verbal spar you know, the offensive coordinator defensive coordinating over another.
Speaker 3: How many days before Cliff keyesby and Wit go verbal hold on.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I don't see that in Wit though he seemed like one of those guys he can even though he might get fired up, he know how to bring it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can see him taking the lift from Cliff and just looking at it.
Speaker 4: Though he looks like one of those guys that he might harp on his guys. Yeah, but he was worrying about about no coach, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, though.
Speaker 2: Question because because everybody get the ball.
Speaker 4: So since you say over and under, I'm gonna say three days day, I'm gonna say I take the but I say you take the over. I mean I said, yeah, yeah, I take the over. I take the over.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't think I'm gonna see that all.
Speaker 2: I think. I think we go see it because I can see Kingsby.
Speaker 1: You know, we saw you come.
Speaker 2: The head coach.
Speaker 4: Now they get into a fight. Yeah, they get into a fight, which I think that might happen, you know, because we talked about this, but you have like the defense defense off and not the coaches. Now, I was like, god, if you know, because we talked about you know, hearing the guys say, man, you know I'm competing more now. You know, it's competitive, but a lot different than what it was before in the past. And so with that being said, most of the teams that I've been on that had had great talent, we got into a little spar matches here and there, you know what I mean. So if now I would see a coach saying, hey, man, get your guys. Yeah, because we don't have to talk about hurting nobody.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, say, the only time we saw it get chippy during ot mini camp was when the players I think it was Terry or somebody started talking to the defensive sideline. That was the only time we got a little chippy.
Speaker 2: But but but we know that's coming. We know this coming doing training camp, and I'm telling you it's gonna be the defense that sparks it all.
Speaker 1: Like you're gonna say, oh, you're saying four days?
Speaker 3: Is that I'm saying, so what each other said three days and less before the first the first scuffle.
Speaker 1: If you're like, I think six is no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna say three days because.
Speaker 3: Since you still like each other after, we're gonna have them playing so fast with their hair on fire. And you know it's gonna be one vetter to be like, hey man, you need you need to slow down, need to come down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: This is how we played all this, this this new world that we're gonna do. Something's gonna happen. Something that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Me from the players more more so than the coaches. But I think you know, you got to think about the d Q is one of those guys too that he already fled up, start up.
Speaker 1: But like I will say, playing sure, he's to.
Speaker 4: Tell them guys like, look, we don't need you guys out of control because you gotta you know, tame, tame your guys. So we so they don't see us going at each other. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What is a you know, like he s he's an emotional, passionate guy right likes football. But you know, if you got in a fight down Atlanta, watch out. Yeah, no fighting. He no, he wasn't with that. No, no, no, no, no no. I'm a big believer. Fights good from morale. Man, break's having a camp. Let's get it going a little bit right.
Speaker 2: More swopping lip paint.
Speaker 4: It showed us in college. And I know it's just different, different, you know, but it showed us in college who we were. As soon as the one broke out in the field, coaches broke that thing up, sent us up to our rooms. And I remember that same received course I had that thtory abody I was telling you about. He came to me. He said, I found my dogs.
Speaker 2: Dogs. You gotta let dogs off the least, she said, I found my dog.
Speaker 4: He was sitting here the whole time he was he was barking, But I found I saw him out dad, and here in the battle and he said, and now I know who want to go to walk And that's it's set the table. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I remember when Chad Morten first walked up on the practice field.
Speaker 3: I'm marking an I'm marking there.
Speaker 2: I see a dog with a tail took between I gotta get it. Listen, man, that's the fun part of football.
Speaker 3: Like what other sport besides like boxing, do you get to take off your aggression.
Speaker 2: On your team?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It is a special sport.
Speaker 2: It's a specials a special sport. Jesus.
Speaker 1: So we talked a lot about coaches there, coaches, high level stuff. Now let's talk about the players on this roster specifically. So I think, you know, like one of the things about training camp and like off seasons, like who's gonna make the team? Who's gonna make the team. I think it's really hard to tell today, but I do think, but I do think there are guys that you know that are gonna make the team.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like I went through and on my little spreadsheet here sopress idiots.
Speaker 3: Before we even start this, I just want to tell everybody because I'm tired of my eighties and my daughters I'm tired of my friend.
Speaker 2: Don't call me up by Sam Hartman. All right. I don't know if he's single. I don't know, but you gotta stop asking me. All right now. I know my teammates when I was on the team. Oh, I know how my tea was throwing. Have y'all seen Fred Hartman? Yeah, I am. Listen, I'm sick of time. The grocery store yesterday in.
Speaker 1: The fruit set, someone saw you were Sam Harvey.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they didn't like, Fred, how you doing what you think we're gonna do this year? Like, oh, yeah, we're gonna be good. I cannot You're in the fruit fruit sext. You know, I was buying fresh fruit. Then she's like, by the way, what about that, Sam Hartman. I'm like, what about it?
Speaker 3: Then I can see this lady over the another lady that when't even with her like Sam Hartman.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, is it like this, Yes it is, Yes, it is. I seen people have to come by looking at him run down the field in his hair.
Speaker 3: And slow motion bounce up and down. It's it's something to something.
Speaker 1: Something something to it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, Hey, I don't know. Hey, Hey, we have.
Speaker 7: These guys that make the team like this all the time. That's because they're attractive. Listen, we hey, Sam Harmon or regular face? Is this Sam Hartman a regular quarterback name?
Speaker 3: Or a different that I ain't met, but one Sam Hartmon. That's a different name. All right, that's a different name.
Speaker 4: You said always the names will tell you who.
Speaker 2: So a heart throb. Name's Sam Hartman. Yeah, oh, heart throw everywhere. I know.
Speaker 3: I should be his I should be his agent. I can give him all kind of contracts. Imagine giving your girl a Sam Hartman card for Valientie Day.
Speaker 6: Jason, So, speaking of Sam, My, my wife's best friend went to Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: So he's a big Notre Dame. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So she my wife goes, hey, can my friend and I come and meet Sam Harmon?
Speaker 2: Your friend? Your friends certainly can't. What you're saying, you don't tell.
Speaker 1: I told Kelly. I told Kelly, my wife, that same story. She's like, she's like, how attractive this guy be? She pulls out her phone watching her. She goes, oh my, oh, y'all on.
Speaker 2: The cushion the text for sale Hartman. Right now, I really do love this.
Speaker 3: Now I know how people feel when I got here as a rookie, I really do understand that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Question three. I love it, Sam Hartman.
Speaker 1: Sam Hartman, all right, so lord ha mer, we took a little little detour and there.
Speaker 4: Gonna get hisself in there involved in that. I'm kind of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I told you, like, I haven't been under this much tech with questions in.
Speaker 2: A long time. I'm like, do y'all think he's gonna start or something.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, want to, like, you know, they just hope he make the ruster where he can wear your.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, it's just like what okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So I would the way the way the segment started was to talk about people that were gonna for sure make the team. Sam Hartman is not one of those people. If we start on offense the way I look at it, I say, Terry McLaurin and Johan Dotson, Luke McCaffrey receivers, right, they're gonna make the team. I say guarantee, guaranteed, and then I said probably o Z right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure I want a guarantee number three.
Speaker 1: Al right, So then we go zach Ertz, Bensonatt John Bates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go with that bass blocker, so not just drafted ty Alright.
Speaker 1: Then we go offensive line, Cornelius Lucas, Brandon Coleman, Nick Algharetti, Yep, Tyler Pattish Ye, Sam Cosmy, Andrew Wiley, Yeah, Brian Robinson Jr. Austin Eckler, and then Jayden Daniels Yes. And I think those guys, so that's fifteen guys. I think those guys for sure make the team right on offense. Does that make sense? So then if we go to receiver and you sayyone's like, oh, what's the position? Battle? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Battle? Terry number one?
Speaker 1: Right, Terry, And.
Speaker 3: We still don't know who number three is, just Tone, even though he's gonna make team as a draftee, we don't know is he the two number three?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: But then I look and I say, of the receivers, I think Oz is probably gonna make it all right, because three Because the reason I think that is because I think he can return kicks and soakn Luke McCaffrey. And then you say, then for all you fans watching at home keeping track of receivers, now, now you've got about twelve guys who are fighting for two spots.
Speaker 3: So and you got one of those bitteran returner is jameson Crowded. It showed that I got some left in the tank.
Speaker 1: But if but if those other two guys can return.
Speaker 2: Then all right they separate.
Speaker 1: So just so you know, we got Dax Milton, Janmy Brown, Mitchell Tinsley, Tamir Bird, Devon Davis, Rice and Tremaine Rosemy Jack Saint, Kasmi Allen, So eight guys.
Speaker 2: Allen is a return.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, if those other two guys can return, you just cross those guys off the list.
Speaker 4: These other guys.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wide open race now.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what I'm saying when people say, oh, it's a position battle, it's like those those first three guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in yeah, question would be too is and and this is just because you can do this with both groups. You can do this with the running backs too. If one of those receivers can return kicks and punts right now, it makes his chances greater.
Speaker 2: Alley, Yeah, now, but which one and receivers play gunner? The next question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then you go like Diami and then Brice and Tremaine play gunner and then roseby Jack saying before the hamstring played gunner. So it gets real tight, real quick. And that's why everyone says. I was listening to a show today and they were like, oh, why does special teams matter? Like why, like, why is it so hard to play special teams? And let me just say, you play teams. I played teams, everybody, Yeah, it is hard to play specialis.
Speaker 2: For one play, but one play in between all those out.
Speaker 1: Of play and like you got to be a little bit messed up in the head to play teams. And so when we go through this listener, we're like, oh, this guy can play teams, but this guy might not be able to. It's because you're looking for that physicality, that toughness, that grit, that want to And that's why I think even though we got four guys, we got Terry, Johan, Luke, and Oz making the team. And we'll see those four those those remaining two spots, three spots. The guy's got to play a little bit of stuff.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to play a lot.
Speaker 1: Of right, Like they got to be good on teams. So that's where like again that battle comes into So when you're when you're a fan watching the receivers, it's like, ooh uh, you know, Mitchell Tinsley caught that pass touchdown, But I'm watching Brise and Tremaine make a tackle as a gunner. And which is gonna be more valuable in the end.
Speaker 2: Probably the latter, Yeah, because he ain't gonna have a chance to catch out.
Speaker 3: Okay, And when people got to understand the mindset of special teams, I want you all to do this first. Everybody gets drafted from college with the style on their team. I don't care how small the school was, I don't care how big this team the school would they would not play. They ain't play swash teams since high school. People get to the league haven't played special team.
Speaker 2: From high school. And now this is how you're gonna make a team.
Speaker 3: Like if the starter's gonna have to play smash team, you're gonna have to play speach team. That's what makes special teams so hard and other thing about it. It's gonna be this select group of guys who only make their money for special teams, and they will bend you over backwards.
Speaker 4: Yea all the time. Though, Man, you can always tell the good programs because it didn't matter how much of a star you was offensively or defensively. Like I literally in the Florida State game, two touchdowns underscored and the hundred something that yards, I was a flyer. I was running down there making tackles, you know what I mean. So it's like when you have those big games, coaches called upon certain guys like, look, you're gonna need to play from you. You my gun or you my fly, you know what I mean. You're one of those guys that because we need every guy on the field that's going to make a difference in each phase. So that's why it's an easier transition for some of those guys come from big schools because we're gonna have to play to play bunch of teams, you know what I mean. So so you got to take a chance of those guys. So the ones who don't fit that quotal, then yeah, they won't be the team. Teams is special. You know, we got a lot of We got a lot of guys I think on this roster that can do so specially.
Speaker 3: I've been saying every play, every series starts and in with special teams, not out.
Speaker 2: It's not defense start with special teams with special team.
Speaker 1: So another group that I think is really interesting is the offensive line because they usually keep nine. But there's a lot of dudes here. And again like there's there's names like you know, like Chris Paul or whoever, Brandon Daniels, guys that were drafted. But like this new.
Speaker 2: Staff clean slate protocol, they got no love for you.
Speaker 1: I hate to break like.
Speaker 4: You just got to be done.
Speaker 2: This guy right, yeah, yeah, this got throat.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying though, it's like it's like it was like he was a draft pickers or whatever it was, and it's like they don't care. They want the best nine guys to play. So we just went through Cornelia Sukus, Brandon Coleman, Nick Algareaty Tyler, Biadis sham Cosy, Andrew Wiley. After that, throw it up in there, and I.
Speaker 3: Think that's for everybody, and I think his office labor. You got to feel good about it because you don't feel like no favorites gonna get played.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can ask for like I got a clean slate, And I want to tell people this because I hear I love my sports talk radio and I list to it out of time, but I hate one track minded people that think just because something happened last year, this is who you are. No, this office allowed has a chance to be ten times better than they was last year. It was it was so many bearables in there, all them sex went sam, all them sex when the offense aligned me. You don't know what the office scheme is. You don't know what we move in the pocket more, you don't know what it is. Stop saying what the weakness of the team is before the season even start.
Speaker 2: That makes me sick to my stomach because what.
Speaker 3: Used to be your script last year could easily be your weakness this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so like for this one, I think the one thing we're going to talk about is left tackle here because you got Trent Scott, Cornelis Ugus, Brandon Coleman all kind of vying for the same thing. I think, like to your point, like, we don't really know what the offense is going to look like, so I think like, for example, if you want to throw the ball out, you probably want Cornellia used to play right, and you're going to run the ball more, you probably want Trent Scott to play. Yeah, right, and if Brandon Coleman develops like and that's a big piece right in terms of developmental guys. But that's one running back to me, seems pretty straightforward. The top two guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then what happens with I'm glad you Chris Rodriguez and Wiley and the rest of you do because you said something that I think this the people on this team have to really say, you know what, I'm so happy we got new coaches, but I understand ain't no love here, meaning they're only gonna take the people who allow them to keep their job as a starting coach in his lead.
Speaker 2: If you keep me hired, I'm good.
Speaker 1: And so that's one that I think is really interesting because I love Chris Rodriguez. I did a great job.
Speaker 4: I share just something today was put together man.
Speaker 1: Big old hoss, right. But I think they also like Michael Wiley and Austin Jones those so I think it's a it's a it's and then obviously Jermen McNichols to it running back, Yeah, any one of those guys depending on what they wanted the position.
Speaker 2: Depending on what they already got.
Speaker 3: Because I'm one of those people is I can't repetitively get the same skill set, Like you got to think about it. B Rob, to me, he'll a bit of slasher. He has a little bit of brawler. He's a little bit of He can catch the ball.
Speaker 1: That I stay at Minnie Camp the way he caught the football in the seam. Yeah, it looked like a tight end. Man. He did a great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I look at b Rob, I don't look at him as just an a gap b gap run.
Speaker 2: I look at a guy that can do everything.
Speaker 3: Now you got Ikla maybe on the back end, but still a great slasher, still a great pass box, and still can catch out the back field. So now you say, okay, do we want to change a pace back is the third back? Do we want to power back since we already got that? Yeah, do we want something that wild? He brings to the That's the thing about it. Like what in then, especially with an outfensive mind like Kingsby, Like he's used to his running backs being part of the receiving girl.
Speaker 2: So if you not a back that catches a lot, does that work against you?
Speaker 1: I think that's I mean, that's why I couldn't set it better myself. That's exactly right. And what's interesting too is that third back is probably competing with the fourth tight end, So he's competing with Armandah Rodgers, Yeah, Cold Turner, Polston, Yankov. And if you're going to keep four, I think all those guys have a legitimate shot of making the team. You know what I'm saying, Because it just depends on what we want to be, right, Colston Yanko played a little bit of running back, can play a little full back, good teams player, perfect guy, got Amani Rodgers kind of the physical freak. But that's the tough part about rosters and why camp is so important. I know we saw the first day today, but like it's all these pieces competing with each other.
Speaker 2: And you break up with a guy like Yanko.
Speaker 3: What about scenarios where you feel like a guy he there but he ain't really really to play.
Speaker 2: But I know if I cut him, I see the thing we don't somebody's going to sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up, Fred, because I think he was so badly miscast at UCLA. He was playing running back, yeah, straight running like not full back. Tail back, yeah, tailback and I'm sure a lot of people were like, he's not a tailback whatever. So I think the fact that he is kind of going to be under the radar for a lot of teams. Yeah, I hope you can get in a practice squad, but if you think you're gonna lose him and he has a good camp.
Speaker 2: But just not him. But what about the the say five.
Speaker 3: Players just right there on the bubble where a guy in front of you might be out playing you, but I'd rather.
Speaker 2: And lose him.
Speaker 1: Like, so it's as I'm glady said the word bubble, Like, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 4: Tannel?
Speaker 1: When you hear the word bubble, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't even know. I want to think of one bubble. You either gonna be here, you ain't bus you're the guy on the put you on the cuss you that guy? You know what I mean? Because you know when I think a bubble, I think about that guy. It's like, hey, man, you may have been here and you been that guy once once upointed time, but now you're in the bubble. Now it's not a for sure thing for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or you may be a guy that we just brought in and you on the bubble to making the team. You know what I mean? So you have you have different ways to look at it, but both of them.
Speaker 2: When's the arrow upon it? Yeah? But to me, when.
Speaker 3: When I say bubble, they mean you at that, you at the you're on the rim, and you can fall in with the.
Speaker 4: Group, you can fall out.
Speaker 2: You can fall out with the group.
Speaker 3: Uh, you might be one injured you away from locking on this team. You want healthyer guy away from not even being on the team. Like, so when you say bubble, I say circumstances. You say bubble, I say your circumstances might work in your favor.
Speaker 2: I just seen guys be a bubble guy for ten years.
Speaker 3: But I also see a guy be on the bubble for three days and never play again, never being leaked. So when it say bubble, you on the cuss and the problem me is dead. Where are you special on any special teams?
Speaker 2: Like we keep coming back to the special team.
Speaker 3: If you on a bubble, what's gonna make you better than that next man?
Speaker 2: Positionally? What do you do on special team?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely? And I think you know I was a bubble guy for majority of my career, probably ten years, you know, nine, ten years, and it's it's stressful and tough, but it comes down to can we trust you to do it? Do you fill a role like can you play teams if we need you to? Indpension one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Souse out there with my kids in Chicago, blowing bubble, saying logan, saying your name.
Speaker 2: Look at them logans in there.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: So we just did the offense. We're gonna run through the defense real quick. So I got this is just me. You can tell me if I'm wrong. I got Durrance Armstrong, Dante Fowler, Doron Payne, Jonathan Allen, Deshn Newton. Is interesting because if he starts on the pup, which we'll find out we found out.
Speaker 2: I'll probably say he did, but he got a roster.
Speaker 1: He's because it's a college injury. He'd start on the non football injury list. What is that? And and I have he did a full week of six weeks, but he's on that, So that saves your roster.
Speaker 4: Used to be like six six to eight weeks.
Speaker 1: I think it's six weeks, legit. That saves your roster. So just keep that in mind when I'm doing this.
Speaker 4: Count.
Speaker 1: Then you got Cleveland Fairer, Frankie Louvi, Bobby Wagner, Jordan McGee yep, Mike Sanders, Still Kawan Martin, Benjamin Saint Juice. See, we'll talk about that in a second, Jeremy Chin, Dominie Campton. And then we got Emmanuel Forbes and Davis and did you say dfo he's on here? DeForest and Percy with the other guys I had, I have question marks next to them.
Speaker 3: Yours is getting very intriguing because a couple of questions mark you got.
Speaker 2: I think, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: And we're not saying these people are gonna make a team that, No, this is just to give you an idea. That's seventeen guys. Yeah, so I feel like those guys are gonna probably make the team right now. It's about like if you look at the D line, yep, right, let's go start there, right, you got John Ridgeway versus Big Phil versus versus really Noel Pollard, the rookie from Virginia Tech and Benny Putoye. Right, and so obviously if Gerson's healthy, you only keep one of those guys.
Speaker 4: Which way?
Speaker 3: But right, I think so I'm just saying rich Way has shown me I'll be there when you need me and tell me I don't care if.
Speaker 2: It's the ninety seven player in the game and it's my first place.
Speaker 1: I am Red d And obviously dan Quinn and his staff drafted him to Dallas. Yes, they know him really well. The other one I just want to kind of highlight here is Noel Pop Pollard because he has a ton of he remember he had the highest pass rush running percentage. I think it was the third in the nation. I watched the Key and talk about someone with juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude's got juice.
Speaker 1: And so guys with juice, they didn't make the team. I just they just find you know, like your your cleming story. You were telling us before the show shot juice, he got juice might make the team.
Speaker 4: So just but could he be one of those guys that make the practice squad and just be you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Maybe and then like up and down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't a sneaky guy that other people wanted to side. So how we got Ridgeway, how we stole him from the Cowboy.
Speaker 2: We can put him on the press squad. No, you can't, because.
Speaker 3: We've been We've Benna bring him up, Like, I think he's one of those guys.
Speaker 2: If he get going, he won't make it tap right.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is like all those dudes after those first three guys are in a competition for one spot. And obviously if Treson's I think he is on that list, that college injury list, you keep one more. But there is a world where Fiderian Mathis does make this team.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, or or John Ridgeway, I say, I ridge away on somebody else put it like this. I talked about it with coach Queenn doing the get Lab podcast makes you glat with me and Michael Jenkins, great promo. Hey, we talked about good teams have to cut good plays, absolutely, and he like, you can't be afraid that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I think, just to give you the landscape of that deep Ed Rusher, Dorn Armstrong, Dante Fowler, Cleveland Ferrell, I mean, I think, honestly, you probably keep five there. So I think kJ Hendrey Andre Jones are in because I think that I think starts on the pup list, and then John Baptist's seven round pick probably gets the practice to get him on the prec squad unless he balls out, then he makes it.
Speaker 3: I think you want to book him up. That was his thing in college. He was long loans grown, but didn't have enough weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now, okay, so that's it. I think that's we feel good about that. But all of those guys are competing for a spot. Yeah, they are like who's got the most jews, who fits the role linebacker? Same thing, Frankie Lou, Bobby Wagner, Jordan McGee, and I'd probably put Anthony Pittman above Jamon Davis Lord to think about this though, Think about this. He he's a guy, he needs a lot of reps to play linebacker, and you're like, oh, man, put him next to Bobby Wagner. I'd be great. He's gonna learn a lot. He played edge rusher this whole offseason.
Speaker 3: This what I want him to be. I've been waiting for him to beat us, but it's rush for the long Like.
Speaker 1: Think about Fred. Let me just say this to you. Let me just say this before you get on your from my high. When was the last time you saw somebody switch positions. He's not switching in the off season. He is. He's playing defensive end. And make the team.
Speaker 2: I have seen it a million times.
Speaker 3: But what I'm talking then, what I'm talking about, you can't even tell us what side initiale, what defense are we running?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: It's basic?
Speaker 2: Multiple front, multiple fronts, run multiple fronts.
Speaker 3: What they saw in their film is if I exked Jamie Davis to check wires, I mean running backs out the backfield, he can. If I ask him to stand up and run sideline the sideline, he can. I've watched it for four years, three years. What I want to see him do is use this four four speed to get and rush to pass them. I know he can do the other things. He's proven to me he can do them. Not at a Pro Bowl level, but he can do them at a PROS level. I think what they're saying is, even with Frankie louver as much as I've seen him move him around, I think they're gonna have these guys imagine this picture. This we think is a DEFENSI end on his team, the Cleveland Farrells.
Speaker 2: Outside of these guys will be a Frankie Louvu and the Jamie Davis. I know what they want to do.
Speaker 3: They want to get speed matched up on this with Wagner and what's his name sitting back as the perennial stand up backers.
Speaker 1: So the reason I say he's a question mark to me in addition to this position change is I agree with you. I think they do want speed on the field. Yeah, so why not put Dominice Campton, Percy Butler, Derrek Forest Chair, Mike Sanders still as that extra linebackers. When you watched Dallas last year, they're in dime.
Speaker 2: But guess what but bringing it.
Speaker 4: They were bringing guys like following in and they would curse the bringing different guys.
Speaker 3: Getting rent on them. And I talked to you and they were like, the one thing that we didn't right it Dall is we didn't have enough big I mean running dudes on the second level. That's why they got bigger backers here to be able to take on the run like they don't want to get gooded like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they did play like that.
Speaker 3: They said, we got the right idea, we just got the wrong personnel. We need to figure out the personnel on the field.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of with Fred on that. I think Jamie is one of those guys that he's so athlected. He's so afgected. He's very gifted and you can see last year is probably his best year that no one give him credit for. He was still getting used playing linebacker and probably wasn't playing his best, you know what I mean. Like he's a guy that I don't think he still hasn't reached his ceiling.
Speaker 2: And that's not even close.
Speaker 4: It's still there, you know what I mean. So I want I won't be against I think he gonna go out there and rate lot of eyebrow showing you the hostel. I can do this. I can do this because now he's in a situation he like a football, but he's a guy that put him on the field on defense they.
Speaker 2: Go chase run wild.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, And that's what I've seen from him at the linebacker positions. Half the time he knows what he's doing. Halftime he doesn't, but he's somewhere around the ball. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So and so I guess that's what I'm you know, in terms of stuff to watch, like does he do that? You know what I'm saying? Because they got guys like Pittman had a really good off season, multiple interceptions, played linebacker, Louvu McGee really good off seasons. Obviously Bobby had a good offseason, and they were playing linebacker, you know what I'm saying. So that's something as a fan when i come in and I'm watching this and I'm looking at what they did in the spring they do now, it's like where does does he have a role? Does he fit? Does he do what you're describing or does he or does he not pick up the pass rush stuff?
Speaker 2: And I think he picks up the pass rush stuff.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right as of the Chris cleaning thing, that's why I'm so glad you brought Chris up.
Speaker 2: They got the same bodybuild like people thought Chris was too small.
Speaker 4: Lad thought he was just like he was talking like a basketball.
Speaker 2: He's a tweener, all right.
Speaker 3: And so they had Chris standing up at the beginning of training camp. They let him rush the pass against Chris Samuels. One practice after that, I have never seen Chris Clemens stand up again.
Speaker 2: You know why.
Speaker 3: They understand when his hand is in the dirt when he comes off of this ball, that that first step.
Speaker 2: Is quicker than anything you can see.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is I think what they saying is with Jamie, he's been used wrong. Let's use him right and see can we get it all out of him. I think they're more excited about Jamie than most people think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope so, I mean I really do, because I want these guys to make the team. Fans, because you said a couple of names on defense, I was like, but that's what I'm saying though, Like they have no tie to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no they don't.
Speaker 1: If it don't work, no, no it don't work.
Speaker 2: No it does it.
Speaker 3: But I know they have a tie of good talent, and I think he's a good talent.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I think blindbacker obviously because of Jamie Davis. It's really interesting and like just how the depth charts office right, And then I look at the defensive backs and that's like like they're proud. I don't know what they're gonna do, and just I think on the outside, I said Benjamin Saint Juice right, seems that way.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can say this about the Juice man.
Speaker 3: Talk to me about him, all right, and this is gonna be true and it's gonna always hold up. He's with Dan Quinn and dan Quinn loves tall long um coms. I talked to him coming out of school. He was not effectuated by nothing else about me besides my arms.
Speaker 1: Did he really you talk to you coming out school?
Speaker 2: Just damn dums?
Speaker 1: Where was he?
Speaker 2: Well? Was he? He wasn't green Not at Green Bay? Was he at Green Bay? Was he somewhere?
Speaker 3: But he liked like That's why he had brown and brown on and Richard like he said, Richard was just so good at jamming.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't gonna let Richard play his face.
Speaker 3: He likes conas now, but that he does love ConA with thieves.
Speaker 2: He loved hands like he's about turnovers.
Speaker 3: And if I look at a guy and say, who's more predicated to have a great.
Speaker 2: Year not a good year? In this defense? Corner wise, is it Forbes? Is it Saint Juice?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 2: Is Forbes? Forbes is the corner they like because.
Speaker 3: They like x Y receivers. They like x y receivers who get their ball. They don't care about you getting beat. You're gonna get beat. But if we get to mid season, and let's say, let's say we get to the ten game, and Saint Jews has no interceptions. We're used to that, and everybody that studied him. He has two interceptions in his last seven years of his career, going back to college. I don't think that does it for wit Rich like his corners to get the ball. I think the starting parent is going to be Saint Juice in Forbes off for length a long.
Speaker 1: But no Davis David.
Speaker 3: I think it's just third guy in the outside rotation, in the inside rotation.
Speaker 2: I think Sandy Square gonna get reps. But I think it has started off more, uh, play safety out.
Speaker 1: The nickel.
Speaker 2: I think Kuanna start off the nickel.
Speaker 3: While he wrote tasts his safety, I think they want to store him off his safety, I mean corner. So when they do start putting him in safety, you wanted to win where he's it, he's your peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so I look at that and I say that seems pretty straightforward. Then obviously, like Noig Monogany is probably in the mixed there at some point.
Speaker 2: But Mike, Mike Davis, I'm sorry he's not there too.
Speaker 4: But the Davis one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but then you got Jeremy Chin, Dominic Campton, Jeremy Reeves, Derek Forrest, Percy Butler, Kwan Martin and uh yeah, those are the kind of safeties And to me, safety is maybe the most compelling position because it seems like they all are gonna a lot of those guys will play. Five of those guys will play in this defense.
Speaker 4: So you hear be read I see Forrest playing to I mean, I think Forrest come back and get his job.
Speaker 1: Do you start again? But I think that's the thing we're trying to do with his exercise is like, we don't know. That's what's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing that we don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's something I'm excited to see. Is you know the Jamon Davis is like, how does the defensive tackle shake out? But number one on defense to me, safety because they use everybody. You know, they got dimes, they got Nickels, they got big, big safety linebackers, they got pass rushing linebackers, they got they rotate these three kind of in the back end. Jeremy Chin coming in, who's got like this perfect body type of what they want to do. So I don't know. And then a guy that I think could be disrupted on the outside is chanoga Enusium the kid from Colorado?
Speaker 2: Right, say that again?
Speaker 1: No, No, that's wrong. I know Anusium?
Speaker 2: Is this? Is it? The academic accolades of the Pulses? Is this the pols? And we get all right with.
Speaker 1: So obviously we talked about who's on the bubble, who needs to improve? With all that stuff. Really excited to watcha offense defense develops. Yeah, and now let's talk about We've got a lot of fans coming out to training camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's teach them how to watch practice.
Speaker 2: Let's do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 1: So what are the steps in training camp evaluation?
Speaker 2: Tanna?
Speaker 4: Do you want to start?
Speaker 1: Because I know Fred has been talking this whole time.
Speaker 4: I mean, he has been talking talking too much. I think one of the things that that stands out to me, I wrote it down, but I won't even go out. You should be the top of my head still. And this is just from being a receiver some of the things I thought they was watching, you know what I mean, when they when they kind of evaluating what they're you know, what they're seeing. I think they see they watching to see how can we transfer what we learned in the classroom to the field.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, yes, uh.
Speaker 4: One on one competition battles, our battles one on one wise and then how are you in that team setting? How many plays you're making individually? All right? Do you have your alignment and your assignment and when the ball coming your way do you make your play?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 4: And when the ball is not coming your way do you go out there and make sure you're protecting or blocking black side and all that stuff as a receiver. That's the kind of evaluation that I think that we go through far as you know, you know from I guess you can say a coaching level.
Speaker 1: You know, if a fans watching that practice, what you look out for.
Speaker 4: So so, if a fan watching practice, they should watch. I mean, for the for the most part, friend watching the guys they like, you know what I mean, they not really caring about.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you're feeling if I'm you try to teach them, say this is how you take the most out of NFL practice by watching this, this and this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so well this is how I would say. Look at it like this. If if I'm telling the fan, when you're come into practice and you come in and check it out, watch the guys that's holding the water. I'm being watch the guys that's holding the water, because the guys are holding the water normally going to the guys that's making the place. Yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Word level stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm being funny, but by the same time, I'm telling you the guys that's holding the water going to the guys that's making the place, that's going on the field. But to be on, be on, be on, the be on the upside of just seeing it's it's gonna be, it's gonna be phases in practice, And like I said before, you're gonna get the different dress one on one battles, watching them one on one battles, you're gonna get the ooze in the odds from there. Then when you get to the team periods, you're watching your guys, whoever your guy is offensively, off, your guy defensively. But to me, I don't think a fan really comes to practice trying to look at you know what I mean, who's who's doing what? They're gonna watch everybody and just want some damn aatterograss after the game anyway, And then when you tell them this guy, this guy stay on the team and this guy getting cut, then they's gonna they're gonna settle for that or or be all right with it. But I don't think they're out there really trying to evaluate, you know what I mean, Who's who's gonna make the squad? You tell me?
Speaker 3: I think I think this is what you gotta do. First of all, fans, keep up with the schedule. Understand the schedule of practice. Once you understand the schedule of practice, understand what's relevant and what's irrelevant. There looking at ver what's relevant, I'm gonna tell him sort out with what's not ra When we're scratching before practice, that's not.
Speaker 2: That's not relevant.
Speaker 3: Now, Jewels, you'll see us do our individual drills, and.
Speaker 2: It's boring to y'all.
Speaker 3: This backpilling, this cuttin, it's coming out of breaks, just doing this this tedious running this route, getting at the top of the block.
Speaker 2: Stem like they are, y'all not gonna be into that.
Speaker 3: Now when we get into the one on ones competition, this when y'all are gonna start to really get your Your ears are gonna start to.
Speaker 4: Perk up oo's and as all right.
Speaker 3: First of all, I like how they do one on ones because they do two on tools here where they do wire receiver slot versus corner in slot.
Speaker 2: So I enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Make sure you watch that so now you get to see people work without all the living being on the field. Of course, you love to see Jade drop in at sixty yard route where they warming up with the wire receiver. It look good, they feel good. Don't worry about him doing that they do on one on one because he go to trooth about one on one the wire receiver got the whole damn field and we got nothing right.
Speaker 2: Let's just be honest.
Speaker 3: If you if you're a quarterback close to that wire cver when he catched that ball to knock it down, you did your job.
Speaker 2: Nicks.
Speaker 3: All you need to worry about this team drills. Like when I say team drills, when you see seven.
Speaker 1: On seven, Sorry, would you say that's the most important thing?
Speaker 4: I was want to say for the fans, for the fans, so no, I would say, and I don't want to take you out. Seven on seven is what the fans like more because you got to think and team especially if we're not thudding, we're not hit them. Watching a running back run through the hole and not get tackled, it's like okay, golf clap, you know what I mean? Seven on seven when you seeing those guys really we running routes against each other against So I would think a seven on seven or matchup would be more exciting for you know, for the fan base. But but I don't think the team would be something that they're looking forward to because we're not really live, you know what I mean, not really live.
Speaker 3: But I think once they see us all in unison in action like this where they get those now even at the back, not getting here, but if they just talked to him a pinch and he he faints one guy like they want this is what they want to see. This where the lights that the cameras are flashing, this where everything's happening all like say, take it in like a practice. Don't leave this practice, like ah, this dude ain't the dude ain't. It's a prectice all right.
Speaker 1: But in terms of those like bottom half of the roster guys, in terms of evaluation, in my opinion, team periods, we're gonna get the most EVO because they're playing football.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan, you want to be like a scout, get your notebook out right. It's hard now because there's no replays. They're all going at the same time. But like, let's say you're watching Brandon Coleman. You know everyone's excited about him. Watch all his pass rush reps. Not in one on ones because he's going to lose some of those. Yeah, how does he do in team? Does he get the combinations communicated? Is he targeting runs correctly? That's where you get a better evaluation receiver? Same thing like you were saying, Tanna, right, because they're playing ball. Are they running routes to win versus coverage? Because in one on ones or seven on seven there's no play action fixed, so the linebackers just get out of the window. Right, Is he getting open in those settings? And I think that to me, like so when someone catches the ball and seven on seven, I'm like, great, Cool, someone catches the ball in one on ones? Cool, one versus man coverage that's important you get in team. You're getting touches in team. I think that those those weigh those reps more because it's more football.
Speaker 4: Special feel, And that sounds like a guy who coaches. Yeah, I mean, I mean, you can tell you know what I mean. Because I'm just gonna be real with you, like I know from just being out there amongst the fans, because you know, we had a couple of meetings. They talking and he excuse me, my friends they do more talking than Hey, you saw that. They miss the whole you know what I'm saying. So that's why I say, at the end of the day, don't get me wrong, that's gonna be. That's going to be practices. Where are they are really saying? Okay, this is when things are getting critical. Now we're getting ready for a game, getting worried for a preseason game. Let's see what guys are out there, who's showing up, who continues to show up. And so now we can take that and say, Okay, I saw this guy do this two days before this preseason game, so I'm looking forward to seeing him do it and this weekend.
Speaker 1: The other thing that drives me absolutely no, this is more of a pet peeve, you know, just in general, is when someone's on the old Instagram or you know, Twitter or whatever and they post a video of routes on air or like patent go and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, look at this catch hate it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but my god, showing why I.
Speaker 2: Received it tight ends so much.
Speaker 3: First of all, my high school is over there doing it and y'all give it him.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, look at Tenor told.
Speaker 3: Drake's Tom Colin don it's getting mad at me.
Speaker 2: But told dragging the ball that you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying, you're talking about it. I hate it too, like the only time like I would because I will always repost people things that they put out there. I hated doing it to my guys because I'm like, come on, this is a practice and I remember, I deal, but it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's like even like it's like the worst part of practice.
Speaker 4: Now I will. So I say this because I did this one time when d Hall and me had a we had a one on one and somebody saying something. I got to post this, you know what I mean. I had to repost it, but I gave the hall props because I'm like, man, I know this is the hall, not time I ten the hall practicing and the hall.
Speaker 1: Playing two different people.
Speaker 2: You know what you got two seconds and a half, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So wet in one on one it's no pass rushing, no nothing. But I think that I think what you can look at, and that's what fans look at. They just looking at the exciting part that that guy making that play. If you don't make the play, then you know they're not worrying about none of that. They want to see the guy make the play.
Speaker 3: You know what, The only person I can say really feel pressure practice, no matter what the situation is, it's the kicker.
Speaker 2: Because he don't get too much time to shot.
Speaker 3: He got this one period and if he missed it while they cried, I would, they will boo you.
Speaker 2: The kicker is the only person that get booed at training camp. Think about it.
Speaker 3: Who else am I can get beat?
Speaker 4: You remember that period when the coaches bring everybody up and say, all right, you got these last kicks, no practice practice tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Don't make this little no whisp princes, no whisp prince about seventy three yards? Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. The kicker is constantly underpressure. He don't practice with us, he gonna do nothing. We call him up for one period.
Speaker 1: Dude, that always used to crack me up. When who was it was like ky four bath or something. Yeah, he was here and watching I play with them? Soccer player. He come out there with his golf clubs. They've been doing like chips on the side.
Speaker 2: They have nothing to do.
Speaker 3: But when your number is called, kick it. You have nothing to do for a quarter. They like, you know, just you know, three seconds left, we need your ship.
Speaker 2: Should have knocked us in the head. Shank, worst care going around time. He the reason for the season.
Speaker 3: This is it, Like I'm just saying, it's one of those jobs. We love you when we love you, we hate you when you hate you.
Speaker 2: Is kicking unfair? I don't know. We don't give them no props until we need them.
Speaker 1: Is hard, by the way, it's very very hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We had a contest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. You were terrible. Yeah, check that out. That's on YouTube. One of the funniest things every way.
Speaker 2: So it was just like he just runs and kicks the.
Speaker 1: We just I had to say this every time. No one wanted that, but Fred. Fred was like, oh, I can hick your thirty five yard field goal. And I was like, no, you can't. He's like, bet, let's do it right now. And I was like, all right, right, that's what happened, you right, Everyone things I'm picking on Fred Fred brought that on himself. Fred was talking to me.
Speaker 2: He bulleted me in basketball with a no sh.
Speaker 1: You said, you getting shower.
Speaker 3: I would jogging around Chicago to win to see it the other day shirt jogging right now, They're like, I just kept on talking.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This man for sure? All right, that's gonna do it for today's show. Thanks so much for joining us, And make sure you come out to training camp and watch live practice. And if you can't come out to live practice, make sure you tune into our live shows which are happening pretty regularly. But if you California, but yeah, also make sure you like to subscribe where you get your podcast. Really appreciate it. Oh and the podcast words, that's a big one. Make sure you do that too.
Speaker 2: Please devote Bye.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.