Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol mass along a Tim Stent OFIC. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us as Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Purnell. Here with stock Movers. We got some earnings after the closing bell, We sure did.
Speaker 3: We can start off with Kappa Group. That's ticker CAVA. That stock is jumping nearly seven percent postmarket after the Mediterranean Chain forecast bettered and expected comparative sales for the year and also reported revenue for the fourth quarter do beat expectations, which is great. It's kind of interesting as well since Coppa's bucking the trend. I'm all like fast casual Chipotle hasn't really been doing well. Sweet Green is known as not being the best in this current situation amongst like younger diners who have been looking elsewhere amid price increases, So definitely good news from that area, and also worth noting that Sweet Green will be reporting later this week, so it'll be kind of curious to see if peers are going to be doing as well as.
Speaker 1: Commas, up like almost sixteen percent year to date, So it really has been uplorming.
Speaker 4: See what what it has been doing since those all time highs a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was wheny dgs to the data sets in.
Speaker 4: December twenty twenty four. Is out one hundred and fifty dollars a share, sixty seven dollars a share right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a big haircut, all right, but at least in the aftermarket investors are pretty happy.
Speaker 4: So more than fifty percent since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a big move to the downside.
Speaker 4: Sweet Green's getting wraps apparently.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm excited. My sister texts me about that earlier today, so.
Speaker 4: So I like this that you're excited about this, And meanwhile Carol's just shaking her head.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know why anybody would do a rap, because it's like extra calories you don't need, just do a salad, keep it healthy. I don't anytime somebody's giving me a rap, I'm like, I unfolded, I bill out the pieces. Interesting, you don't need a wrap. Sorry, Sweet Green. I liked it. I've always liked.
Speaker 4: Their stud I think one of the Chipotle founders. We talked about this like over the summer. I think one of the Chipotle founders, Steve El's I don't remember who is Okay, he's starting a new anti slop bowl. H really yeah, restaurant concept and it's about sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Oh, sandwich is also messy. Give me a salad with a fork. I'm sure you happy.
Speaker 4: She wants a slop bowl a slop bull.
Speaker 1: That's all right. No segue from slap bowl to PayPal. But we did have some news late today that had this stock movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, PayPal ticker p YPL jumped about six point seven percent into the close, that's the most since April, after a report from Bloomberg saying that Stripe, which for those who are unfamiliar, is a payment processing firm, is considering acquiring all or part of PayPal, according to people familiar. So the deliberations are definitely still early, so there's no certainty of a deal. But I found this development to be really interesting because PayPal has suffered a bit in recent years amongst increasing competition in the digital payment space, so really interesting.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of choices when you need to like make a payment, it's like kind of all over the place. PayPal down twenty percent this year, but obviously some momentum in terms of maybe some interest in buying interest what we lost you to slop bowls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to do it. I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Whenever it gets quiet, it's like we're talking about something that I want to make sure I.
Speaker 4: Know who did this, but I will go find it. Sorry, I'm listening avalon.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that there's we don't know if this deal is going to happen, but there's no sort of like more representation of something that's in like.
Speaker 1: Really slop bowl Hell so I blamed Tim, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: A new fintech company buying like og.
Speaker 1: When it comes to fintech, it's kind of wild, right, It's extremely wild. Yeah, but this is disruption of you know, of the disruptors. If you will listen, let's go to the JLP ONEPA because it's something we talked about a lot on Monday. We continue the conversations today. I do feel like there's a little bit of a battle between all these companies going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's definitely been another rough day for Novo Nordists. Scott ticker is Envo. It closed down about two point six percent and is back down to its lowest level since twenty twenty one. That's after announcing that it plans to slash US prices for its weight loss drugs we go V and ozempic by as much as fifty percent starting next year. And what I think was really interesting about this is that the investors that I spoke with towards the start of the year mentioned that there major concerns with the obesity space was this potential race to the bottom with pricing, and it seems as though those concerns could be correct. That's at least been reignited on this plan, and that's partially why Eli Lilly, It's peer also ticker llly, also went down on those headlines, closing down about one point six percent.
Speaker 1: It's definitely an area that we are keeping a watch on. Hey, on those slap balls, I think I found the story.
Speaker 4: It is devals, Yes it is, and it's called counter service. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Coming back, Yeah, ocaly coming back. Steve Bel's has a new concept, counter Service. There's a redney on sign depicting a lunch ball with a slash through it. It's a ball free zone reinforced by a website that proclaims we love sandwiches and anything as long as it can go in bread.
Speaker 4: I do love bread though, that's what it was, bread and butter. When was that from twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: That's a red wine put me in prison. I'm happy.
Speaker 3: I mean I would also love it, depending on the price exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Listens Steve Al's definite disruptor when it comes to that space.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.