Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, keep it together, all right, you guys be professional for once in your radio careers. It's six oh one, nine oh one. Somewhere else it is the Dan Patrick Show. Here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas.
Speaker 3: Knox with you here. Well, wake baby, let's go. Now.
Speaker 2: We are normally in the time slot that proceeds is Fired Up, two Pros and a Cup of Joe on Fox Sports Radio that you can hear Monday through Friday six to nine Eastern time. But now it's six to nine Pacific time or nine to new a Eastern time.
Speaker 3: I mean, Q's already had a whole entire day. Oh yeah, well sort of.
Speaker 4: Oh my day started, My day started about the day. What time your day usually starts today?
Speaker 3: Baby boy?
Speaker 4: Man, hey, no, not him? Oh another one gets six? Another was always a fun surprise. Yeah. It's like watching an old war movie where your like favorite characters are just getting clipped off one.
Speaker 3: By that flu that's that's that's seriously what.
Speaker 4: Words like you're gonna knock at the door and the night it's like, oh no, not another one?
Speaker 2: Oh down goes slow no, no, slow, not.
Speaker 3: The baby girl Quinto thrown. Why I love that character. I love that character.
Speaker 5: Why that's all I deal with is mister Stakes creeping up on me while I try to sleep.
Speaker 3: Why we would let you know? If I have to hit the mute button and you don't hear from me for a minute, it's it's course through me. Finally got you brother?
Speaker 2: Well, I know either way, we're gonna be doing the show live here from the tire rack dot Com.
Speaker 3: Tire rack dot com.
Speaker 2: Will help you get there an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road has a protection at over ten thousand recommended installers.
Speaker 3: Tire rack dot com. The way tire buying should be Okay, Aaron Rodgers needs some tire.
Speaker 2: To geez, didn't he just redo his place in New York Well to be good for resout?
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate. I mean, I think when you're that rich you can have multiple places. Oh why not? Right? So it is a New Yorker, Jersey wherever sat, It's probably a good place to have one of those, one of those spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's official. The Jets have announced that they have decided to move on from Aaron Rodgers head coach Aaron Glenn GM Darren Moogie. They released a joint statement that they shared the intentions with Rogers when they met last week, that they are moving on. Quote, it was important to have this discussion now to provide clarity and enable each of us the proper time to plan for our respective futures. We want to thank him for his leadership, passion, and dedication he brought to the organized We wish him success moving forward. That's very nice. Yeah, cordial and kind. Yeah, I'm amicable. Well, I'm sure they'll they'll have the right plan in place. They usually do in New York with the Jets, So yeah.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on. Yeah, we are really really hoping that everything works out for you. Aaron Rodgers. We really hope it works out for you. But you know, it's just time to move on.
Speaker 2: You don't know how bad they aren't figuring out quarterback. I had almost forgot that Sam Darnold started his career there. That seems like an eternity ago. Yeah, that wasn't that long ago. The Zach Wilson experience, number one, Mike White mixed in there, like the good ballplayer. Just all of it has been a disaster. So I don't have any confidents. They'll figure this out.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, guys this, How will the Aaron Rodgers era in New York be remembered?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 4: What's the highlight? It's him getting I'll see. Can I give you what comes to mind when I hear that? Yeah, when he was running out of the tunnel with the flag. Yeah, that was like the highest moment at any point I think during this tenure for the Jets, if you think about it, like that was the moment where he was there.
Speaker 3: It was real.
Speaker 4: You had all this optimism, you were so excited, you finally had the final piece to go with this very talented roster, and then ended like four plays in that game. But that was probably the height of the entire Aaron Rodgers with the New York Jets. I don't want to call it an experiment, but experience is really what it was.
Speaker 3: I call it debacle.
Speaker 5: I just think that what everybody was anticipating, in what everybody was expecting with the level of talent that you had on that team, I think that there was a high expectation. Well, we know there was a high expectation. It came from our show as well, you know from from certain certain very very you know, knowledgeable one of those go and said, I always want to them and learn it. No, no, I don't need to throw any names. I'm just saying I'll give credit incredibility for it. I'll give credit where credit is due. We have some very intelligent minds on this show, and those minds felt very, very confident, very bullish about what the New York Jets would be able to do.
Speaker 3: And Aaron Rodgers being the catalysts of that app mind or minds, because I know Brady mind made the mind floral minds. I had them. I had them winning the AFC East.
Speaker 4: I also had Buffalo as a playoff team, which, by the way, lead a lap Our executive producer who's standing by somewhere. We've never done our season review, which we typically do by now. I'm not sure why we keep kicking it down the road. It's probably because Jonas had the Bengals and the Cowboys and the Super Bowl. I mean, I can at least say this, I did have one of the teams for my preseason picks make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Well, so you go that, yeah, do we want to bang those out today? Why not?
Speaker 4: At some point we should at some point, but I think you've been pushing this off for a while for some reason.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, I mean, did you get in the playoffs? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm at the super Bowl, but did you get any into the playoff? I think the Calgary Flames winning this year. My picks were awful, just awful. But you know, we will to address that discussion when we get to it. I was also bolish on the New.
Speaker 3: York Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you owned it because you're talking about plural or singular.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're owning it. But the point is there were and and and rightfully so.
Speaker 5: Right Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, one of the greatest football players of all time. No one will argue or debate that. I just think that when you look at and just the way the stage was set right Tom Brady and what he was able to do in a COVID year and the situation being what it was, and him being one of the greats to ever do it. And he goes to a team that you know they needed help, they were missing something. They go win the Super Bowl the very first year he gets there, And I think that set the tone for how it was going to be viewed for Aaron Rodgers going to such a talented roster of a team, and.
Speaker 3: It did not I mean like he got hurt. I mean, let's be clear.
Speaker 5: The first season, we could say what we want to say about how it all ended this past year because that was that was trash too, shouts out to Bubba dub. But his first year he got injured, and okay, that derailed what we thought we were going to see. So we'll never know what it was going to be. Year one, he runs out with the flag a j'all mentioned, it's the start of a new era. How does it all play out? We'll never know because he ended up getting injured not too far into the game. But this this year, it kind of it left a bad taste. If you're asking me, it left a bad taste in my mouth because how does that How do you fall that far? How do you get that far from the success? Because you had drama in Green Bay, but you were still able to play with with the puffy bottom and make plays and get MVPs and make it to the playoffs. You still played through the drama in Green Bay, and that was everything, but what happened when he was in in New York for this past season it was just really bad. So it's disappointing. It's just two people that weren't meant to be together. Just a bad idea seem great in theory. It's like it's like matching up too drug autos.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, why do you have to go there, Jonas, don't we have an example that's like?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I really, I mean just right in our studio and in our room right now. Yeah, I really wasn't like that. Wasn't the play there? Not the day for that? I'm not sure why you say that. What do you mean the day? It's a day of love?
Speaker 2: How did yesterday play out going into Valentine's Day? What was the role play yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yesterday was just clean old fashioned fund. There's no what's clean old fashion fund? Nothing clean and old fashioned about your relationship? What was clean and old fashioned?
Speaker 3: Nothing fancy.
Speaker 7: I'm leaving all the theatrics for today Today's Valentine's.
Speaker 4: Day, Jonas, can you update our audience on what exactly lavarn Ley are talking about?
Speaker 2: Wow? So for people that are not familiar with this show, lead to lap, our executive producers in the midst of complete and total chaos in his personal life. He's you know, in and out on good terms and then bad terms with his in his current relationship with.
Speaker 5: Himself, Yeah, and he has a toxic relationship not only with himself but with the loved one that he tries to bring into the toxic relationship that he already has.
Speaker 2: It's like an F three tornado where you see stuff flying around inside of it. You just said you've been looking for tornado. I was, but you had one right frunning and I didn't realize that he was here and so flying so finally, like flying around in the midst of this tornado is Lee's not only his relationship but also.
Speaker 3: His living arrangements. Living arrangements because his.
Speaker 2: Personal items now he's uh, the bombs that live around him, staying in part time in a motel, the couches that he's surfing on so to spice things up inside the motel. And it's by the way, high end motel. It's one of those ones that comes with a key with the room number.
Speaker 3: On a plasta. The logo looks like if you want at on the slots in Vegas, like.
Speaker 2: If you want to know what it's like to get into Lee motel. It's like using the restroom at a gas station. They give you a squeegee with the key on the end of it, you know, unlock a door that doesn't close all the way. And and Lee decided, you know, why don't we spice things up a little bit. The oscars are right around the corner. I'm out a little role play. I'm going to role play that.
Speaker 3: I'm a John. So the two the two movies you do you do the math, I'm going to be a John.
Speaker 2: The two movies they role played were Pretty Woman and Psycho, And we're not making that up.
Speaker 3: We're not making that up. So so we're trying to figure out what the movie.
Speaker 5: People out there were trying to figure out what the movie was last night, So he tried to call it driving Miss Daisy last night.
Speaker 3: I don't bat all right, let's let let's get it back on track.
Speaker 2: So basically, I wonder if they're gonna go Amistad tomorrow seven his significant other are the fairest comparison for maybe Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, that's that's fair. And think about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Aaron Rodgers, you got hurt? How to go under the knife? Lee's clothes have gone under the knife taking a whacking, you.
Speaker 3: Know, please face one under the knife too.
Speaker 4: Lee's been on ir Aaron Rodgers was on IRAN. There's been a lot of hope and optimism at times that I have only been squashed by despair and disbelief. Is the situation leaks darkness, some would say.
Speaker 2: Leaks, Yeah, this is good, this is goods of the organization, you know, conversations, conversations, organization conversations and relationships taking place kind of sort of outside of the relationship, you know, backstabbings, the weight room debacle. Literally, yeah, there's a it happens. I mean, it doesn't, but you know, in this case it does. It does, but in these days indeed, so now the the conversation now turns to, uh, what's next, because I mean, who knows what the Jets are gonna be? What's more interesting? What's next with Aaron Lee or Rogers. I'm gonna say, Rogers, just get back on the trail real quick, if this is your plan for the Jets.
Speaker 4: And we heard the rumors reports about the request to not do the Pat McAfee show, which I said earlier this week.
Speaker 3: Technically it's illegal.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't have a coach ask you not to do something like a voluntary you know, media session like that, or even hey, you have to be there for the offseason. Okay, put in his contract as a workout bonus, but you can't make it mandatory that he goes to the voluntary ota sessions that's within the CBA, that's been negotiated. Every time there's a collective bargain agreement negotiation that comes up, that's always the opportunity for the owners to put in a contract a workout bonus. Otherwise it's kind of voluntary. Now, granted, as a quarterback, probably should be there, but they've got every right and they've bargained for it not to. So two things of which they asked him a bit unfair.
Speaker 5: It's not illegal for them to ask it, right, it's illegal for them to exercise any type of disciplinary actions or any type of right.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, there's nothing you can do. You can ask him whatever you want in that regard, but there's nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm curious because I mean to even ask, you know, well, I think the thought is it's not about the masking, it's about the mandating. It.
Speaker 4: It's about them saying, if you're not going to be here for the offseason, if you're not going to guarantee us that you're not going to do the Pat McAfee show and to see the other media opportunities, which I guess reportedly they didn't. Didn't have an issue with Joe Rogan. They just had an issue with Pat McAfee. So take that for what it's worth. But if that was what it ultimately was about, like those things, you can't mandate in order for him to be able to come back to fit within your plans. You can ask him not to, but he's got free range to do whatever he wants in those two specific areas. So I guess it begs the question, now that we know they aren't going to be moving on with Aaron Rodgers, what is the plan new they're gonna draft. If you'renna draft someone, is that the plan you're gonna have is a Sam Donald you're gonna go back to? It seems rather unlikely, given that you already draft him in the first place, and and maybe moved on too soon or didn't prepare him with enough around him to allow him to be successful. So that's my first question is is what do you do if you know New York Jets. Are you basically throwing the towel already on twenty twenty five or do you actually have a plan to go get a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Who is the bow Nix of this draft, Because if you don't have a bow Knix in this that guy would be in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he's not in this draft, then you gotta find one in free agency. Otherwise you're wasting a pick and you're wasting your time. If you haven't been able to figure it out with someone like Aaron Rodgers or the draft picks that you've had prior to him, you'd have to assume that you gotta find a guy that that has that ability that goes along with the coaching staff by the way, I mean, you gotta have the coaching and they got to have the ability to utilize them. I mean give Sean Payton and his staff all the credit in the world being able to figure out how to use bow knicks the way that they did. But if you're not getting a bow Knicks in this and I say bon Nicks because I think that like a number one pick, a move up get the top quarterback in the draft. I don't think it really works in any singular draft. You're not going to get that hit guy. I mean it happened with CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud. I get it, Like I feel like that was that's that's that was. That's a not a that's a rare occurrence.
Speaker 5: You're you You're not going to have the type of time you need in New York their media market, their media are savages. They are straight savage. And how they do coverage and how they they they are very relentless on on their sports teams. I just don't know that if you bring in somebody that this is who it's supposed to be and it goes top pick and this, that and the other, they aren't gonna make it because they aren't going to have enough time. They an're gonna make it.
Speaker 2: It's the Jets, like like we're missing like a really key incredence this whole thing. They can't be trusted really like the Jets. And I've said this before, They've got two legendary members of the organization. One of them more panty hosing a commercial and the other one had a foot fetish like it's the Jets. You cannot trust them to make the right decision. When they're saying we're moving on, Rogers is probably going, sweet, Okay, I'm sure you guys will have it all figured out. I have zero confidence that they'll get this thing together. And it would not shock me if they were worse next year. And then are you gonna blame Roger? Like like all of this whole discussion about well, you know, they got to get rid of Rogers. They don't need this much, you know, distraction and dysfunction with the organization. It was always there. Rogers called it out himself. It was like, we got to get rid of the leaks, and already they've got leaks with this report of demands they made to him. I zero confidence in that organization. I don't disagree.
Speaker 4: I think to answer your question of LeVar about who's the next Bonnicks, to me, there's not a guy that fits the bo Nicks description. Jonas Throat Jackson Dart's name, and I'm a fan of him, don't get me wrong, But I don't know that any of these quarterbacks rank up within the top five of last year's If you're looking at a prospect rank and how you look at them.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're not as experienced. In some cases.
Speaker 4: I would say, you know, cam warden Shador had the best tape of any of the quarterbacks this year, then Jackson Dart in my opinion, But you know, again, you're kind of looking at it going, all right, how does that compare to last year's class. Last year's class had some studs. Me, you're talking about Jade Daniels, who's the offensive rookie of the year. Turned out that way. Michael Pennix to me, had the second best film of a quarterback last year.
Speaker 3: That just so happened.
Speaker 4: He ended up in a situation where they signed Cousins to a ninety million dollar guaranteed deal, so he wasn't gonna see the field right away until Cousins didn't perform well enough. So now it is his team. But you look at bo Nicks, a ton of experience. He was probably number three in regards to how well he played his final year at Oregon. And then Caleb Williams for being real about ourselves. I mean, Caleb played fantastic year this year as a rookie. It's just it's creat no, No, here's the thing is you can't. Here's the problem is you can't compare where they are now as rookies to what these prospects are. You have to go back and say, what did I think of these guys when they were coming out? And that's what I'm saying is there's none of these guys, in my opinion, that have the amount of years right when you're looking at like a Jaden Daniels, a bo Nix, of Michael Pennix, guys who went to multiple schools, played for five plus six years in some cases, there's no one that really fits that mold.
Speaker 3: Or in Caleb Williams, can you put a guy who was a very very rare talent like.
Speaker 4: When he burst on the scene at Oklahoma, you said, Okay, this guy's special, and you knew he would win a Heisman at some point or have the chance to win a Heisman at some point because of that. So that's where when I look at this class, it doesn't, at least based on what I saw in college, compare in that way. And so if you're picking number seven overall, I don't know how comfortably fill with that. And then you look at the free agent class, you're probably gonna either have Rogers cousins Darnold, but again, you're the Jets.
Speaker 3: You can't go with Rogers. He's one of your own. You're just you're releasing him.
Speaker 4: So you have to look at like who's out there, and it just unless you make a trade, unless something falls through with Matt Stafford, it just it feels like you're almost punting on twenty twenty five and trying to set yourself up with the cap savings, which if it's a post June one designation, it'll be like fourteen and a half million against the year's cap and the remainder of that would be against the twenty twenty six cap. So that's in essence what they're doing by moving on from Rogers. It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox filling in for Dan and crew. We are going to have some fun stuff coming up later on today we do a little something called in Case you missed it that'll be later on this hour. Also lead to lap Our executive producer. He's got some leftovers at the end of the show we're going to discuss here. All of it is yours here from the Tiraq dot Com studios. But we now know how somebody has looked at in the NFL. We'll give you the details on that coming up next here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 3: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here filling in for Dan and co.
Speaker 3: Company.
Speaker 2: Coming up in a little over fifteen minutes from now, we are going to tell you about an update on a big event that's taking place in the NFL later on today. We'll have that for you here on FSR. But we also have an update when it comes to the draft coming up. We mentioned quarterback prospects that are out there. Maybe one of the most fascinating and most talented prospects in the draft Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought he was going to say, I ab Dual Carter b Okay, We'll go with Travis.
Speaker 2: He will be a star at the combine and he will be a star as a defensive back at the combine. That is the latest that has come out on that, so we will not get to see him run any routes with the wide receivers just going to be out there.
Speaker 3: Do we know that for sure? I mean, have they stated that he can't just go do routes with the wide receivers. Why wouldn't you let him if you want?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying is I don't think that they would prohibit him from doing that. Just saying that they're going to consider him and he's going to be at the defensive back group. That's probably more for just how he's going to go about the physical and mental testing and a lot of the weigh ins and everything else. Now, I would argue that he to me seems to fit everything of being a lockdown corner or a top cornerback in the league given what I've seen now. That doesn't mean he can't be an effective wide receiver, But I think just watching him, I think he's most naturally able to impact games as a cornerback first and then sprinkle him in on offense to provide depth there. I think if you couldn't really do it the other way around as easily, So I think that's what makes the most sense for him, at least at the NFL level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not going to be a two way player, like what a true way two way player represents, like what he did in college.
Speaker 5: That's just not going to happen. I mean, that's that's the reality of it. It would take a perfect storm, you know what it would take. It would take Deon Sanders coaching at the pro level for him to be a true two way player to get that opportunity. That's just not how it works. So the worst thing that could possibly happen to a Travis Hunter is he not settle into what his home position is. You can use him on the other side of the ball, but if you try to to like muddy those waters, I just don't think that that's good for his opportunities and his development to have true success at the next level. Like there's been some really really talented guys that have played both ways and and really have had the opportunity to play both ways at times at the pro level. But that's just not ideal. It's just not that's you know, to me, I think this is the right decision. I mean the first first time, the first thing I think about is like a guy like who was a kick returner that was amazing went into the Hester There you go, right, Devin Hester could have played pretty much any position skill wise on the football field. And it ultimately, if you ask me, he was able to get into the Hall. He was so extraordinary as as an athlete and as a player, he was able to get into the Hall of Fame. But it really kind of in a way did not allow for him to have the type of impact that he really could have had if he had just had a position.
Speaker 3: And I know people will sit there and be like, well, that's what it was meant for Da da da da. No, it really isn't.
Speaker 2: I can put him in there at times to run end and arounds and different things like that. But if that man can't really really settle into what you know, mastering the art of what it is he's doing at the position he's playing, I think you do that young man, a disservice by spriating thing like that.
Speaker 4: It is a great point as far as when there are players who are hard to put into a box as far as what they are, if a team when they draft them doesn't have a plan on how to use that player, and it could be a guy for example, we see a lot of times we call them move tight ends, the guys who are not your traditional put their head down in the dirt.
Speaker 3: Who are your traditional wide tight end.
Speaker 4: It's going to be blocking in the run game, maybe some pass pro two and probably going out some in the passing game, but they're not that like dynamic mismatch type player.
Speaker 3: So you find this other guy who, yeah, he's probably on the back.
Speaker 4: Side of the run, you know, being cut off, or maybe he's blocking more down in the secondary, but he's split out at times as a wide receiver, or he's in the backfield maybe off the ball as more of a fullback type. Sometimes teams end up kind of losing sight of the skills of that player. And it could be the offensive system, it could be a lot of things, but they end up not really finding that role or understanding how to utilize that talent the skill as best as possible. And I'd say the other thing for Travis Hunter, and the reason why I would put him at cornerback as opposed to wide receiver is as far as his long term projection for his career, because I do think he's a supremely talented individual. I think he's his best path to a gold jacket is on defense, and this is why you have so many less variables to impact your play as a cornerback versus wide receiver. All right, So again let's go back to the initial comment. You've got an offensive system to deal with. You could have a crappy offensive system where you have a bad play caller or maybe a young play callers inexperienced. That's going to impact then how they go about getting you the football. You could have a poor offensive line that obviously plays an impact on how you go about.
Speaker 3: Getting the football.
Speaker 4: You could have core quarterback play that's also going to impact how you go about getting the football. So right, there are three ways in which your play is immediately going to be impacted. And as a quarterback, if you're a man and man coverage, if you've got skills like him, the speed, the you know, the ability, the agility to and obviously the football IQ to pattern match understand all those things and understand splits and and kind of the tendencies of guys. And you can be physical with a line of scrimmage, like you can lock down your guy. Now, that's not saying that you can't be put in a bad position from time to time by your defensive coordinator or some of the calls, or you know, maybe there's a different zone coverage or different combo coverages where something gets messed up. But for the most part, like you do your job like you're on your way to being a potential Hall of Fame player, and that's.
Speaker 5: What should matter, right, being the best player that you can be at the position that you play. You could have the capabilities. I mean, most guys have played both ways at some point in time in their career if they were really truly gifted and talented. But I think what you just said, your last point is what to me is most relevant. You want to go into a scenario where you have the opportunity to have the type of success at the position that you play where you impact your team, you impact your career in a way where you're remembered for the greatness that you brought to the table. And I think that that would be almost impossible to do if you were a true two way player. I just think it's impossible, Like I mean, anything is possible, but I think that's as close. That's one of those things. It's as close to impossible as it gets to literally use him. If we were to take the amount of plays, the plays that he did at Colorado and those or plays that the amount that he does, that's his workload in the in the league. He might be done in the league in two three years.
Speaker 2: See, when Devin Hester was at Miami, he was a dB and you know, played sparingly there, but then you know, he was really a returner and that's where he got drafted. Then he became a star as a returner in the NFL. And then the Bears to kind of justify, you know, the contract and wanting to get the ball in his hands more, they threw him at wide receiver and he had a little bit of success. His numbers weren't terrible, but he wasn't a true wide receiver. If you're Travis Hunter, like, that's got to be an enticing prospect. Though, if you are an offensive coordinator, like, say he ends up in Cleveland, like you mean Kevin Stefanski's not like, I don't know, let's try him a few plays a game, Like, I don't know that they would want to pass on the opportunity to potentially get the ball in this guy's hands. If he's that talented, it wouldn't be that he would do a full split like.
Speaker 3: He would in college.
Speaker 2: But it just feels like there's going to be some guys out there that look at him and go, listen, we know he's a great defensive back, but wouldn't you want to just from entertainment standpoint, like I would love to see him get a few snaps on offense every single game, like, and I don't know, and I don't have a.
Speaker 3: Problem with him. Yeah, I don't think there's any problem with that.
Speaker 4: Here's here's the biggest issue with that though, is if he's on the field, you're assuming he's gonna be getting the football because you're not gonna waste snaps of him or reps of him being on the field and you're not gonna target him or try to get him the ball in the reverse or a fly sweep or something like you know, wide receiver screen, something that gets in his hands quick, or take a shot down field.
Speaker 3: So that's part of the issue.
Speaker 4: Is how do you go about disguising that when he is in the game, he's not going to be the intended target or it's not gonna be a guaranteed touch, which is again when you start looking at snap counts, how you can get a guy who's you know, playing a bunch of snaps in college and then through a bunch of snaps of the NFL in seventeen games, potentially eighteen games. You know, as we realistically have to look at that being the reality of the NFL in the future, it's gonna be really hard to try to manage that and say this, this guy's be playing over one hundred and some snaps depending on how much you play him on offense as.
Speaker 3: Well as defense. Does he need to go to the combine? Does he need to be there? Yes? Do you think so?
Speaker 2: I don't think he does. It's a networking it's a networking opportunity.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, what are you saying you need to test? He say no. If you're saying does he need to test, no, but he needs to be there to talk to people.
Speaker 2: I asked the question because if he's going to the combine, it's for entertainment purposes only.
Speaker 3: Like so, if that's the case, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Can you specify if he's performing at the combine it's purely for entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no need for him to be there.
Speaker 4: That's like like talk to people, Okay, Okay, Yeah, here's you have to understand there is a need for him to be there from a interview and medical standpoint.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: As far as if he's going to actually do drills, do testing, that's entertaining, that's that's entertaining. But like the true origin of or I guess genesis of why the combine was created was for medical and correct because of what you know, that's why he needs to be there.
Speaker 3: That's why he has to go. But as far as testing and everything else, no, that's all just for TV stuff.
Speaker 2: So they'll bring players like they'll bring like leaders of their locker room players on the team, and they will sit in on the meetings. They're judging and weighing, measuring if this guy will integrate into our locker room correctly, how does he fit in terms of our culture. That really has been honestly a major maybe underline or behind the scenes teale of the tape for a lot of prospects that are high guys high on the list of guys you will want to take, and you're like, how did that guy slip to this number. It's not because anything that had to do with him on the field and his talent. I'm sure they would love for him to participate in the wide receiver drills as well, Like just from an enter just if it's about you know, listen the medicals clear. You know he passes his test, all that's good. Yeah, we'd love to see him in that grouping. The kid has built a very very intriguing, strong brand, I mean from the controversies of his personal life, which I always felt was a tad bit inappropriate.
Speaker 5: But you know, these days there's nothing well you know what, don't You're not going to drag me into it. I've not gotten involved in it since it's happened. I'm that man's personal business is his personal business, I would. I would ultimately say though, a lot of that the co mingling of an athlete of figures such as him who has accomplished at the level he's accomplished and won the Heisman Trophy. I mean, he is the most decorator or most well known of all the players this year, even impossible recent history. The kid has handled things in a way where I feel like he's been everything you would want a guy to be.
Speaker 3: You know, he's catching heat.
Speaker 5: For being a good dude to a to a woman, to his girlfriend, like you're catching heat that like they're attacking her and he's he's having to handle all of that and shoulder all of that, and I felt like he did a great job of it. He created his own podcast. There is a lot of equity that has been built up in his brand. So if that you see him, of course, it's going to bring more attention to what's going on. If they're saying, oh, Travis Hunter decides that he's going to go over with the receivers and do wide receiver drills, of course that's going to bring more eyeballs and more attention to what's going on at the draft, at the combine.
Speaker 2: Whatever's happening in his relationship, his personal life, I'm not familiar with. It.
Speaker 3: Ain't worse than Lee. I'll tell you that well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I believe that you know he and she they're both keepers. And speaking of which, Keeper's Heart is a new and unique style of whiskey that come combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeyes. If you're a whiskey fan, you've got to try it. Drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: Combines are combines. Yeah, I know, so you did there talking about the NFL combine. You got to the combines.
Speaker 3: It's nice. Nice He's kind of slipped it in there. Well, it worked out well.
Speaker 2: So coming up next here, we are going to have another edition of In Case you missed it. That's something we do normally on our time slot, but in this timeslot, we're going to tell you about an update on a major event in the NFL this weekend. That'll be yours here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live the.
Speaker 2: Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. Coming up top of next hour, we will call it a little over ten minutes from now here from the tire Raq dot com studios, we have the opening statements, opening statements on what could be a very interesting decision for one team in the NFL at quarterback. That'll be yours here again. A little over ten minutes from now before we get to another edition of In Case You missed it. Shortly after the show, our podcast will be going up, so if you've missed any of today's show, be sure to check out the pod. You can find it by searching either Dan Patrick or two Pros. That's two Pros, the number two Pros. Wherever you get your podcasts. Be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Just search two Pros wherever you get your podcasts. You'll see today's show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case you missed it.
Speaker 3: And for that we turn it over to our executive producer Lee.
Speaker 7: Lap Good Good morning, everybody, Good morning Jonas, Good morning Brady, Good morning LeVar.
Speaker 3: Guys. In case you missed it, it's OFT Daily. Hey Brady, good to see you, buddy. Guys, in case you missed it.
Speaker 7: You often hear about running backs and quarterbacks gifting their offensive lineman something for Christmas, sometimes tricked out golf cart, something of the sorts. Well, after the Super Bowl win, Saquon Barkley's decided to give to his offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Each a truckload of bud Light. Yeah, ahead of their parade that's going on today. You'll probably see all fight to.
Speaker 4: Pick a different beer. But no, it's a yeah, that is as cool a gift as he kids. Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Man, that is something. What a what a big spender that guy is for that thirteen million?
Speaker 3: He gets a year? Geez, what's next?
Speaker 1: A dog? Come on?
Speaker 3: What's that? A dollar tree gift card? That'll be ten dollars?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Are you for real? That'll be ten dollars? Bro Jonas, how does that upset you? I mean, you're as cheap as it gets. What beer? Ridiculous it should have been.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna have an issue with it being bud Light versus like some I p a that like you like you're kind of hipster?
Speaker 3: Which is the one that that can't rock? Didn't like? Oh well he did like bud Light. It was bud Light? Is that one just load? Is that the one rock? Was that the one that when he went outside and he's him yeah, yeah, okay, hey my guy, Shane Gillis. I mean so it's a good bounce back, you know. Yeah. I mean, now you've put Saquon out there, bought the truck there you go boom light.
Speaker 2: Truck load of bud light guarantee. That's attacks right off. Wait, dang Jonas, all.
Speaker 3: Right, damn Penn steak. Guys man, all right, what you got lee? Moving on? Well, guys. In case you missed this.
Speaker 7: In a joint interview with people, Tyreek Hill and Noah Lyles said they have agreed to race each other, though that they haven't given a date, location, or distance for the race yet.
Speaker 3: Oh no, sweet leg I was just gonna say, this is not good, not good, not good. I mean, think about this.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when that track athlete at Iowa ran a forty yard dash in the stadium in Kinnick and it ran like a four to.
Speaker 3: One five what it was?
Speaker 4: It's like, dude, no disrespect to that young man. He's he could be fantastic. Noel Lyles has been the fastest man in the world at times. I would imagine at least one hundred meters like I would imagine Noel Lyles be able to put up a very similar for to one or gosh like the four point zero whatever.
Speaker 3: Potentially is that overstanding that LeVar I couldn't hear you? Just then say it one more time.
Speaker 4: No I'm saying that like four point one maybe even under that is that possible for Noelliles.
Speaker 5: It's possible. It's possible that that. I don't know that we better. I recalled, like didn't you saying Bolt run like a crazy time and like his street clothes. He just walked in, ran a forty yard dash and it was like something crazy crazy crazy low.
Speaker 3: So four to two to two okay?
Speaker 2: That I mean, I think if they really wanted to, they could probably break the four second barrier.
Speaker 3: I really do think they.
Speaker 2: That guy at Iowa was Kayln Walker and he was running.
Speaker 3: I got to do a little bit of research on this. Is that up top that thing? We're taking over the dB position with speed? I mean, y'all had a ball or in the Super Bowl. He put six up for y'all.
Speaker 2: He got some Super Bowl MVP votes as well. He should Yeah there you go throw it up, damn right?
Speaker 3: Jonas Hell Yeah yeah, yeah, you sell out. Oh she was a wrestler.
Speaker 7: What else guys in free agency news? Uh, Scott Hansen is done with his deal with the NFL media. Obviously the host of the Red Zone, He's now in talks with NBC to be covering the NFL and the Olympics.
Speaker 3: That's a good dude. So are they going to have Ceciliano do the red zone? It is possible. He did a good job. That is a possibility, by the way, former Fox Sports Radio alum. Yeah, point it out, you know. Oh there you go, grass so far.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, I turned my attention to other matters. Hey, what were you shooting at on the TV?