Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVV. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 3: Let's get it. Mike semper Vv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio Sports Byline dot Com over the air affiliates like KMAV ninety nine, KMSR and The Mighty Er ten ninety. Maybe you're listening to me via podcast or replay on SiriusXM, or maybe you're video streaming on twitch or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are at sonny outside and if not, hopefully it's sunny inside. Your mind's sunny here today. I'm my portion of Del Marva pushing seventy degrees right now. I'm going outside immediately after this show is over. Actually that's not true. Immediately after the show is over, I'm going to wait for the file. I'm going to upload that to the site, and then I'm going outside. So you hear about all those people on their podcast talking about find me outside, catch me outside, I'll be outside. Don't show up my house, though I'll shoot you. I don't know jiu jitsu. I don't want to know jiu jitsu. Stay away from me, especially if you have a creepy Vince mcmahonstyle mustache. And I was going to begin the show by saying, I'm happy I won't have to speak too much about it today because the whole Vince story that is going to be the big shadow that hangs over pro wrestling for at least the immediate future. There was not a whole lot of news until right before I got on the air. And this is not confirmed, but it is very possible that Slim Jim has notified WWE. This is the word that is apparently going around the locker room. There's a lot of rumor about this now online. Slim Jim has notified WWE that they are pulling their sponsorships from tomorrow's Royal Rumble due to the allegations against Vince McMahon. I'll check on this during the break and find out if anything has been made official, and we'll get into the rest of the news on what is a very busy weekend in the world of professional wrestling. It's Wrestling Observerlive.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show. Mike Sepper VV here with you. You know, we do this show right here for an hour at a time, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can find me at semper vv on Twitter slash x. The timeline for this show is at wof four w and the broadcasters at Sports Byline USA. I won't bring up Brian Alvarez or Filthy Tom lawlers twitters because they're not here. I don't know where they are, but I'm pretty sure that Jim Valley is going to be here with you tomorrow live every Saturday at one pm Eastern time, ten am Pacific, and Andrews Aarian will be here on Sunday starting at six pm Eastern three pm Pacific. I'd also like for you to make the Wrestling news part of your day. Everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite wrestling review pod like Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave and Brian, which should have a new episode following Saturday's Royal Rumble. But each episode of the Wrestling News is between five and fifteen minutes long, three hundred and sixty five days a year, three hundred and sixty six if there is a leap year. No clickbait, no speculation or rumors, just the Wrestling News. You can find that wherever you find your favorite podcast, or head on over to the Wrestling News dot com and at Wrestling newsav on Facebook and Twitter. I also got a submission into the ending on Bacha Mania, which is I believe the third time that's happened, maybe second, I don't know. And that's not a botch. I'm just burnt at this point to a crisp I hope you like the wire and if you do, Ocota is coming, you should enjoy that. I hope you enjoy that. It's actually a little longer than what you're gonna see on on Bacha Mania. And that is because New Japan is so copy right strike happy, and how copyright to strike happy? Are they? About two weeks ago or so, they dmca'd their own YouTube page. That happened, So being concerned about that, the Batchamania one a little bit shorter, but I'll put it up on my Twitter page at semperbb until it gets taken down there as well. So there's that. I still have not found out anything else new on the slim Gym deal. As the show goes on, I'll keep my eyes posted and check and see if any news has been reported on that. I would figure by the end of the quote unquote business day five pm Eastern time, we should have an answer on this. Again, keep your eyes posted to at wonf fow that is the website's Twitter page, or just go to the website Wrestlingobserver dot com. There is a new edition of the Wrestling Observer newsletter up there for subscribers, as well as a ton of shows and other stuff as well. So just hang out, refresh that page and we'll see what happens as we get closer to the Royal rumble. TKO Group Holdings, the parent company of WWE. And look, I know there are most of you know what's going on, but there are a few of you out there, and I mean a few that Wrestling Observer Live is your entire lifeblood to the wrestling business. A lot of you are overseas listening to us on American Forces Radio, or you're part of our syndication package and listening to us over the air. But since we last talked to you, other than what I mentioned about the possibility of slim Gin pulling out, which is a recent happening today, there's only really been two notable things about the Vince McMahon story since we last spoke, and that is TKO Group Holdings eight yesterday issuing a statement about the whole deal with Janelle Grant, the former WWE employee that is alleging that she was the victim of physical and emotional abuse sexual assault in trafficking at WWE in a lawsuit that names McMahon, WWE, and John Laurinidis as defendants. Since we last spoke, a TKO spokesperson issued the following statement to Variety, which responds to Grant's allegations. Quote, Mister McMahon does not control TKO, nor does he oversee the day to day operations of WWE. While this matter predates our TKO executive team's tenure at the company. We take miss Grant's horrific allegations very seriously and are addressing this matter internally end quote. McMahon was among the TKO representatives present at the New York Stock Exchange this Tuesday when Dwayne the Rock Johnson rang the opening bell. Nik Cohn was also there, Paul Laveck was there. Several people from the board were there also. Since we last spoke to you, a statement also released late last night from a Vince McMahon spokesperson indicates that the TKO executive chairman is going to fight these allegations. The following was released to several media outlets by McMahon's legal team. Quote this lawsuit is replete with lies, obscene, made up instances that never occurred, and a vindictive distortion of the truth. He will vigorously defend himself end quote. So that is the extent of anything new thus far. TKO Group Holding stock closed Thursday afternoon at eighty seven point fifty one a share. It is currently trading at eighty six seventy four right now, as we rapidly pull towards the close of the trading day and the trade week on the New York Stock exchange, so by the time the show is over, we'll have an idea on where that stock is closing. I doubt it's going to drop a whole lot more unless the slim Gym news causes speculation and maybe causes pardon me, a little bit of a further drop. There is actual wrestling that WWE is trying to put on this weekend, including live tonight from the Casilla Center in Miami, Florida, the go home show for Saturday's Royal Rumble added earlier today, Solo Socoa and La Knight, which is a rematch from the October thirteenth SmackDown where Knight defeated Socoa, and the build up to Challenging Rains for the Universal Roman Reigns for the Universal Title and November's Crown Jewel Show. Roman Reigns is going to be defending the Universal Title in a four way on Saturday against Night, aj Styles and Andy Orton. I would figure that this match ends in some sort of schmas ending here, but I also would have figured that it's going to be the main event of the show. If it's not, the main event of the show will likely be Katana Chance and Caden Carter defending the WWE Women's Tag Team title against the Kabuki Warriors of Oska and Kyrie Saine. With Bailey, Dakota Kai, and EO Sky in their corner, I'm not going to get what I want, which is the Kabuki Warriors winning those titles. No way. You saw the vignette that was done with Caden and Katana partying it up. Now, No, We're gonna have them hold on to the titles for a little while, and it will probably be something that Bailey does which causes the Kabuki Warriors to lose the pride of Bobby Lashley in the Street Profits. Hey, a bunch of lions, I guess Bobby Lashley in the Street Profits. They will have a face to face with the final Testament of Carrie and Cross, the authors of Payne Scarlett and Paul Elring, Carmelo Hayes and Austin Theory. They're going to try it again. A couple weeks ago the terrible landing off the seated Spanish Fly by Austin Theory where the two guys clonked heads, theory was out with in the concussion protocol for a little bit. Hayes's face was busted up a little bit, but everybody ended up. Okay, They're going to try this thing again tonight. On the show also announced Carlito with Cruiz del Toro, Joaquin Wilde and Zelina Vega in his corner. We'll face off against Santos Escobar, who will have on hell Garza in Uberto Correo in his corner. So all of this is leading into tomorrow's royal rumble from Saint Petersburg, Florida, at Tropacana Field, the home of Major League Baseball's Tampa Bay Rays. Finished the season so disappointing last year, but that doesn't matter right now. What matters is there's only four matches, and in two of those matches, of the sixty participants, we know eleven of them. And I know a lot of people are annoyed by that. But let's be honest here. If they gave you a bunch of names, right, if they said, hey, the miss is in there, and this person and that person in Tozawa and Otis and Ivar and okay, they put like twenty four people in, and they do the same on the women's side, I mean, honestly, would you really be any more interested in the Royal Rumble. I mean, honestly, would you probably not. If you're bitching about this now, you just ain't gonna watch that show in all likelihood. But I'm going to watch that show, and I'm a little bit excited about it. I've got predictions and I'll give them to you when we come back from break. Wrestling Observer Live anyway, having sex and up for God, and nobody can see us because the windows A quality claims are around me.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be aha me.
Speaker 3: I hope the president apart.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Vv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike semper Vv here with you're Wrestling Observer Live. Just went to the slimgym dot dot com slash w we the splash page that's still up right now, Yeah, I don't. We'll find out if Slimjim is a sponsor come tomorrow, but as of now still sponsoring the Royal Rumble. We'll see what happens going forward. We'll see what the fallout is going to be. It will be interesting to see who says what and what is what when it comes to advertisers and you know, will they lose because I see in the twitch chat, you know a little talk about you know, cricket five G is one of their their big sponsors, and you know we've seen commercials with Seamus and Bianca bell Air and Charlotte Flair and all that stuff. We'll see if anybody starts a crusade online or if if just on their own, some of these sponsors kind of look at the situation and go, okay, you know what, we'll see in a bit here. To be real about it, if those sponsors are like the sponsors for UFC, it won't really matter whatsoever. Because with what happened with Dana White and his wife, with Sean Strickland being Sean Strickland with you know, a lot for a lot of different reasons that that one may want to point out, it's not like their sponsors have departed from them. So we'll see what happens here. The stock price is where it is right now, eighty six dollars and seventy four cents, probably not going to vary too much from that. It got its bump about what it was garn near fifteen dollars, I believe it was a couple of days ago from where it had stagnated at because of that deal being announced with Netflix, and WWE seems now to have dropped a little bit settled in where it's at. It's going to be interesting to see where that stock is going forward as well too, again because the only other chips that are available in play right now would be where UFC resigns, and that may be bigger for the stock. It probably is going to be bigger for the stock than anything that has happened with WWE. I think Wall Street and in general, everybody kind of feels the way they feel about WWE programming, and it didn't matter what their increase was going to be. We got that last bump because it was a lot bigger than expected and very flashy. But we'll see when people start to pick it apart, because we've already had Dave Meltzer pick it apart a little bit, We've already had Brandon Thurston pick it apart a little bit. We've already had other people in the financial sphere pick it apart and go, you know, this may not be as fruitful for a deal for WWE, as you know, investors may want it may be good because you're in front of three hundred million eyeballs worldwide and you can play up all that sort of stuff. But for the average investor that may not mean so much. But we'll have to see where the stock ends up going. Went off on too much of a tangent there. The Royal Rumble is going to be on the WWE Network on Peacock Saturday, as I mentioned, and the US title match between Logan Paul and Kevin Owens. Logan Paul talking as if he's going to be more of a full time WWE wrestler. Could Logan Paul hold on to that title leading into WrestleMania. I think that would make sense. I think Logan Paul being on WrestleMania would make a whole lot of sense. It's just a matter of what you do. You can have Logan Paul and Jake Paul against Kevin Owens and Sammy Zin if you so chose, if you wanted to go in that direction, take the belt off of Logan and put it on I don't know, Ray Mysterio put it on Santo's Escobar put it on Dragon Lee, which would then lead to a match between maybe Dragon Lee and Santos Escobar at WrestleMania. I still like that idea. I still like the idea of Mask versus Hair, Santos against Ray Mysterio and having the US title be on the line, and if Ray can't be there because he's banged up, obviously, Dragon Lee would slide right into that place, with Carlito being the stepping stone for Santos to get to either Ray or to get to Dragon Lee in that, you know again, And you don't need the US title for that either. But you know, a situation where it's maybe Logan, you know again, Logan defending the title on his own against somebody would probably be good. But considering that he's hooked up with Kevin Owens right now and he's he's talked about sticking around, and we usually like spectacles matches or you know again, yes, we all like they like spectacle matches. We as fans like spectacle matches sometimes during WrestleMania weekend, and that would certainly be one of them, and it would certainly get both sides a lot of attention. And we've seen the Pauls. You know, it may not be ideal if you're the biggest Kevin owns or Sammy's ain fan in the world that they're facing off against, you know, Logan and Jake Paul, especially if you're a little bit of an older wrestling fan. But in the era we're in right now, I'd actually be all for that. That's got nothing to do with the match tonight other than or tomorrow night, other than I believe Logan Paul holds onto that title Universal title. Roman Rains defends against AJ Styles, La Knight and Randy Orton in a four way Roman Rains holds onto that title. There's no other ending out of this. It's just a matter of what happens now. What's the feud going to be? Is it a three way feud between Styles, Knight, and Wharton. It seems as though AJ Styles really wants to beat up La Knight. That seems like it would make for a decent enough feud. You know La Knight doing the talking and AJ Styles, you know, kind of carrying the weight in the ring. Randy Orton was about a different million different directions that he could go in, about a million different people that he could work with. It's just a matter of placing him in there with somebody. Men's rumble. We've got seven people announced, Shinsky, Nakamura, CM Punk, Bobby Lashley, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhoads, Damien Priest, and Gunther. My prediction is either The Rock or Cody Rhoads wins, because I believe we're either going to get The Rock or Cody Roads against Roman Reins at Night two of WrestleMania. The way things are going, it feels as though it's going to be The Rock, the whole deal, the teas of the head of the Table. It feels as though, I mean, even though this has been said before, if it's not going to be this year, when's it going to be. Of course, obviously that throws a big wedge into Cody Rhoads finishing his story, But we have a whole new chapter that could be penned with cmpunk as part of that story. And I thought they did a great job on Monday. I thought they did a wonderful job with the most simplistic stuff in the whole wide world too. It was just, you know, I went away, you went away. You know, hey, you're you know, I'm kind of more of the American dream than you. Well, I'm kind of more cmpunk than you. Oh, really, your cm Punk, Well, let me tell you how your WrestleMania story's going to go. If you're me and they just did a good job, slowly just digging in a little more to each other and building it up. I would like to see that match. I would like to see Cody Rhoads finish his story. But if we're not going to go in that direction, Cody Rhoads and Cmpunk, that's a big match, and that's a big feud, and that's a big build and those are two pros, and you know, I that is something that I would look forward to a lot there. So again, it's either going to be Cody or The Rock. I think the Rock ends up coming in at number twenty nine or number thirty more likely. I know Cody did it last year from number thirty. Maybe Rock can come in at number twenty nine or whatever, and then you could have a comedy figure B thirty or something like that. But you know, you can't have Rock out there for too long because he will blow up pretty quick. You know, in fact, that they go have the Rock and then Gender Mahal come out at number thirty. When it comes to the women's Rumble, four people announced Becky Lynch, Bailey, Niajacks, Bianca bell Air. This is where it's interesting when it comes to possible, you know, fun people coming in surprises and where it to debuts. Do you debut Jade Cargill here, even if you're not going to use her in something? Do you have her in this match where she can be seen have a big entrance. You don't expose her as far as her wrestling in the ring, and then she just gets tossed out late after she tosses out a couple people. You could do that same thing goes for like a Tiffany Stratton in that position. You know, we're probably going to have some people from the NXT roster up and involved in this thing. You know who are we going to see possibly in the match? Saying, man, that's the same thing on the men's side too. You know, are we going to see Carmelo Hayes in the match? Are we going to see Trick Williams be in the match, or or you know somebody that they like right now, obviously they like Josh Briggs, a big guy. Do you put him in the Royal Rumble in a position where you have like four or five other big guys in the ring, just to give him a little bit of experience. That way be very interesting to see what they do. I think at the end of the day, Becky Lynch is going to be the one who wins the thing and then goes on to challenge Rha Ripley in the match for WrestleMania, and that match is probably going to be the main event of Night one. I would do that at least. I think that is enough in a big enough match on its own that you can go ahead and do that. I'm also thinking next year, and I could be again, you're gonna have Cody Rhoades maybe possibly in Roman Reigns go at it again next year. But Ria Ripley against Bianca bel Air, if built up correctly, that feels to me at like the only match if you were going to try the main event the second night of WrestleMania, and I think you would have to keep them away from each other, you know, for a while on different brands, but you would have to have them kind of somehow sniping back and forth with each other. But of all of the matches that I could think of, you know, when it comes to the women main eventing the second night of WrestleMania. I think one day and possibly next year, although again if it's Cody and Roman, it ain't gonna be. But I could see one day where Rhea Ripley and Bianca bell Air main event WrestleMania. But this year, I think Becky wins the rumble, moves on and challenges Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania. Got a bunch more to get into that's going on this weekend. We got SmackDown, we got Rampage, Collision, GCWCMLL and so much more Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Chelsea, and a little thing I like about the Chick fil A Spicy Deluxe Sandwich is I think it's just a perfect combination of ingredients. The pepper jack cheese and that spiciness of the sandwich. It's the right type of spice and the right amount of spice. It's crunchy on the outside but then really tender on the inside, and then obviously the pickles on the bottom are iconic. There are too many things I like about it. I don't know if I could finish the thought.
Speaker 1: Bring on the spice and order the Chick fil A Spicy Delex Sandwich on the Chick fil app Today, Real Guest paid for their testimonial.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVIV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike sepper vv here with you Wrestling Observer Live because nobody else is here right now. I get a chance to plug stuff that I enjoy reading and listening to, and the my friends be working at and whatnot. For Wrestling Illustrated right over here, you know, like, hey, it's pretty good. You got Tony Storm there, you know, but that's last month's issue. Where's the new one? It's right here, that's right, the Judgment Day on the cover, the Excel Collector's Edition Illustrated. How was this thing dated right now? April twenty twenty four edition of You know, it's it's always been that way. It's always like two months ahead of time here. But yes, the the WWE did a number and again these are coming from fans, and it's always an interesting perspective when it comes to these types of awards because it is the you know, the mainstream fan which is picking up Pro Wrestling Illustrating. There's a lot of hardcores a lot of people like me that are you know, hey, it's it's you know, like they used to lie about Playboy. You know, you're reading it for the articles. I am reading it for the articles because you know, it's people like Brian Solomon who I work with, and it's you know, lots of other people, Harry Burkett and plenty of others putting in, you know, great work over there. But you know, when it comes to these awards, they're voted on by the fans, shoot voted on by the fans, and you know, when that happens, it gives you a good idea and kind of where the pulse of the the general fan is. I also noticed this on the backside. This is got to be This has got to be a Major's slash Zach Ryder special here big rubber guys. I guess made in the same vein of the LJN toys from the past. They do have a magnum ta one there. Did we get that for Hangman Adam page to learn about their Proresting Illustrated support pro Wresting Illustrated. It's still a fantastic magazine. There's always a lot of cool stuff in there. I'm pissed off still about Hangman out in Paige. I will glance down at the Twitch chat as I ask this question. When he came to the face to face that happened on Wednesday on Dynamite after Swerve's match was over and he ran up on Hangman out In Page, who was talking to Renee Paquette. What did you think about Hangman Adam Page's responses? How did you feel about him in that scenario? What did you think about how he responded to Swerve, the guy that again violated the sanctity of the man's household and ran up in his child's room and cut a promo on his baby as he slept in a crib. How did you respond? What did you think about that? Because I thought it was incredibly, incredibly weak, And I like Hayman out of Page, and I like how the look is beginning to evolve here a little bit. But honestly, honestly, he's got They got to work with him on that. He's got to work on this. You need to have some sort of really evil streak, and we see it with the moves. We've seen it, you know, in the types of matches they've had the barroom brawls and all that sort of stuff where it's like he can play you know again, there are you know, moments of being a tough guy, but he's got to be able to bring that out when it comes to promos. He's got to be able to bring that out in the believable way where he's not just going, well, you know, I'm gonna go up and beat you in the ratings, Like, are we just supposed to like retroactively forget about everything that has led to this point between those two guys. Like to me that, no, you should want that backstory. It should be something you're building off of year. It should be a tension point between these two guys forever, whether they're on the same page one day or not. There needs to still always be, you know, that sort of tension there until Hangman Page and even if Hangman Page gets his ultimate revenge on Swerve that way, I mean still I think there should be some tension there. So I don't know what got me off on that tangent there, Sorry, because magnum Ta was always one of my favorites growing up, another Virginia guy. He wasn't down there. The page is more from the central southern part of the state. Magnum Ta was from the Tidewater region from Norfolk there. So you know, again that's what they're kind of trying to build to and I think that's a really good idea. But I was thinking about it before the show again, just you know how much that really annoyed me there. But you know, that's got really nothing to do with anything when it comes to tonight's Rampage, which was taped on Wednesday night, also from the n Market Arena in Savannah, Georgia, and they did not have a big crowd there. And the reason I'm gonna mention this is because I'll take a sidebar here. This was posted up to the front page earlier on today by Joseph Currier. WWE is bringing a NXT premium live event to that same building in Savannah, Georgia in May. Battleground twenty twenty four will take place at the end Market Arena on Sunday, May twenty six and air alive on Peacock Slash the WWE Network. Battleground is the first of back to back nights at Ennmark Arena for ww The Monday, May twenty seventh episode of Raw is also being held at the venue. Combo tickets for the show are going on sale at ten am next Friday, so the individual tickets will go on sale at a later date. It is going to be NXT's third pl of twenty twenty four. Vengeance Day is going to be held on February fourth, while Stand In Deliver will take place on Russellmania weekend on Saturday April sixth, So back to that end Mark Arena from Wednesday night with matches that were taped for tonight. This is according to the official preview, so no spoilers. They are saying it is a quartette of top shelf battles. I'll let you decide on that. The Butcher, Eho, Del Vikingo and Commander along with Kipsavian in a four way to determine Saturday's challenger for the aw International Champion held by Orange Cassidy. John Moxley faces off against Lee Moriarty. Lee Moriarty could use this match because you remember when him and Daniel Garcia and Wheeler Dah It was like, Okay, these guys are kind of our young guys that we are anointing right now, you know we Darby Allen's over Jungle Boy is youngle Boy and Sammy Govara. We have ups and downs with him like those were, like you know, of the four pillars, there were three there. Well you move ahead a little bit and there's Daniel Garcia, Wheeler Da and Lee Moriarty, and Daniel Garcia goes over to the Jericho Appreciation Society, Wheeler Da becomes a member of the Blackpool Combat Club and Lee Moriarty became a member of the firm and then just kind of faded away and then got picked up again here by Shane Taylor Promotions. And he was mean mugging John Moxley a lot on Wednesday when when he defeated Shane Taylor. Was it Wednesday, Saturday? I can't remember when it was, but John Moxley defeated Shane Taylor. Lee Moriarty was giving him the eyeball, and they'll be wrestling tonight Anna Jay against Ruby Soho. If you've been following this story, I'm sure you're going to be entertained. Ruby Soho being manipulated right now bye by Sorea and her relationship and with with with I can't even remember the girl's name. What's the girl's name from? From Q TV Mariah May's old partner, What's what's what's her name? Somebody in the chat helped me out here. I'm having an old man moment. Harley, Thank you, Harley Quinn, DJ, thank you for saving me there. Harley Quinn is being used by Soirea to be a thorn in the side of Ruby Soho and her relationship with Angelo Parker. It's just been a big old soap opera. Well that continues on tonight, long story short, and then the main event of the show, at least why I assume is going to be the main event of the show. Christopher Daniels against Kenoskate Takeshta And I know Christopher Daniels a little bit older, but I have a feeling that knowing these two, from what I've seen of these two, it should be pretty good. Aw Collision Saturday Night on TNT from Bowser City, Dax Harrowood, Bowser City, Louisiana, not Boise, Idaho, Okay, Boys of City whatever at the Brookshire Grocery Arena. Serena deeb will face off against somebody. We saw a video package from her this past Wednesday night saying that she is on the comeback trail and she is ready for action. She will have a match. Lady Frost will face Mariah May Brian Danielson against Eugen Nakata in a match that was I guess made for me, to be honest with you. Orange Cassidy will defend the AW International title against whoever wins the four way on Rampage. Robert Strong has got a title match coming up on March third in Greensboro at AW Revolution. It will be interesting to see if that ends up being a one on one match or they end up inserting a third person into that mix. You know, I saw in the chat a little bit earlier on too that you know there's the possibility of doing a three way between Cody the Rock and Roman Reigns at WrestleMania. I hate that idea. Either give me a singles match or don't give me anything when it comes to that, because I don't know what you're pulling off there. If you defeat two Samoens and it's sort of like Dusty defeating Offenseka at the Garden back in the day, I don't know why would you do this? I just it doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway. There's another match taking place on Saturday as well, six man tag Team escaped the cage elimination match Daniel Garcia an FTR against the House of Black. So that is that Wednesday's night and Wednesday Night's episode of aw Dynamite average eight hundred and thirty seven thousand viewers on TBS, down six percent from last week, drew a point twenty seven in the eighteen to forty nine demo, down a lot more than than six percent, three times more in fact, eighteen percent from the week previous, and is the second lowest rating the show has done since December twentyeth So it's just seemingly always going to be between eight hundred and twenty five thousand and eight hundred and seventy five thousand until otherwise noted. I don't think it really matters whatsoever. Hey, did you miss Thursday's TNA Impact Show. Well, don't worry. If you have access TV, you'll be able to check it out again tonight. They are re airing the show at seven pm Eastern Time. The company announced the news earlier on today, but did not clarify what caused the transmission issues the show. And you know, to be honest with you, I don't know if there were issues with the show or not, because I don't have Access TV. But like, even if there weren't any issues with Access, I would say that there were because when are you going to have kazuchko O Kada back and when are you going to be able to say you got the in ring debut of the former Dolph Ziggler and a lot of people might you know, kind of blow both of those things off here a little bit. But if you're Impact, you spent some money here, You've done a lot of rebranding, and you want as many people in their eyeballs to be on your product as possible. So the show didn't. As I mentioned, featured the interring debut of Nick Neameath and Okada's return to the company for the first time since two thousand and eleven, plus a knockouts title match between Jordan Grace and Trinity. What it also featured as it went off the air was a video that teased Mustafa Ali coming to TNA, and then on social media today, Ali posted his upcoming schedule of appearances, which revealed that he will be at all six shows the TNA has coming up across three different weekends in February and March, including the No Surrender and Sacrifice TNA Plus specials. The rest are going to be television taping, so he is going to be on TV for TNA Impact at least through April. With how everything lays out there. There's also a bit of news today that Explosion is going to be coming back. The former TNA syndicated show will come back as a Friday TNA Plus exclusive on their TNA Plus channel. Actually, it's not going to be exclusive there. It's going to begin It's going to debut every Friday on TNA Plus for their subscribers and then is going to be posted up to YouTube on Tuesdays. So each week's show will feature two new matches and promotional segments with GM Miller. The debut that launched today features Rhino against mah Bali Shira and Joe Hendry against Rich Swan. So we'll go ahead and put a bow on this show when we get back from break. Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike simper vv Wrestling Observer Live West Side Gun with Julia Lange right there. GCW has got two shows this weekend. They do indeed the Egypt Shrine Center in Tampa, Florida. For GCW Look at Me. I don't know where to put the inflection on that. I don't know if it's you know, look at me, or if it's you know, look at me. I don't I don't know exactly where, you know, what the vibe is exactly for this show. But Blake Christian, who you may see lose a lot of matches in roh. I still don't like this deal with him over there, just you know, puttson around there a little bit. He's the GCW World Champion. He'll be facing off against Sawyer Wreck. This is his thirty first title defense. I don't know if at any point Nick Gage had more, but this is a long long reign and he has beaten a lot of guys, especially of name value. Tony Deffin will face Man Sore. Joey Janella against AJ Francis. Oh yeah, you know. Janella is gonna do some sort of spot where he dives outside the ring and doesn't quite make it. It's just a matter of well AJ Francis do that Leo Rush against Jack Cartwheel and a match to which it's going to be incredible to be a matual geometry may be involved with those two going at each other, and then Fie against Mance Warner and a battle of second Gear crew members. Just you know, I'm sure Manders is going to be in the corner of Mance Warner. Obviously FIE's bussy partner, Ali Catch will be in his corner. He's got the big Gay Brunch going on. FI does on Saturday as well too. That's taking place at noon also at the Egypt Shrine Center in Tampa. The biggest thing there is his team with Ali Catch facing off against the return of the Maximum Male Models for one day, Man Sour and Mace Madden MXM. They can't do eminem because I believe WW would so have the trademark on that. I don't know. Done with this week, done with it. We shall talk to you all again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network ZE