Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Hey, rain Drops on today's episode Reality with the King. I'm back, rain Drops. I keep telling you guys, you have to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Alexis looks so gorgeous today.
Speaker 2: If you're not.
Speaker 1: Watching on YouTube, let me paint the picture. She has long blonde tresses. She has on a icy blue jewelry. I'm assuming it's an a a white tank top and the face is always stunny.
Speaker 2: But you look good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you'll know why next week.
Speaker 2: Ah. The thing is this, Alexis.
Speaker 1: You keep teasing it week about week, two weeks ago, it was next week, last week, it was this week, So this week is next week.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping you all on your toes. Yes, it'll be next week.
Speaker 2: Are you are you sure, Well, we'll see. I'll text Spencer Binster. Spencer is Alexis handler.
Speaker 3: Everything goes through heav.
Speaker 4: I mean, Johnny would get jealous, except he's gay, so it's okay. I always tell him I'm like, Spencer, you're my second husband. And then john just like is in the background, like rolling his eyes because I've got to call Spencer as soon as I find out anything.
Speaker 2: You're like, Spencer, is this really happening? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're here to recap episode three, season twenty of the Real Housewives of Orange County. I have a lot of thoughts, but I do. Okay, it may not listen. You and I are so good at this because we don't give a shit if our thoughts are popular unpopular. We it's just our thoughts, and oftentimes we agree.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 4: I actually like when we don't agree, though, because you give me food for thought about your perspective.
Speaker 3: And it's like, that's why the show is so good.
Speaker 4: It's because somebody watching, you know, in one household, and someone watching in another, they have completely two different takes on the scene that just happened.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's just cool. And I, you know, I just.
Speaker 4: Hope that everyone realizes that we're literally not bad people. We're just giving an opinion, and it's just for one episode. It doesn't mean we think at all the time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's yeah. I like when we agree and I like when we don't agree.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, listen, it's poop of thought.
Speaker 1: Is the reason why people love watching us and listening to us as well. So let's get into it. One of the scenes that I really wanted to talk to you about first is the scene between Jen and Ryan.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're skipping like three other scenes. You're going straight for that one.
Speaker 1: Let's listen. How about we have you started? Because I struggled with this episode. As I'm struggling trying to interesting.
Speaker 4: Tell me why, because I wonder if it's the same reason I did.
Speaker 1: Is the reason why I skipped three scenes? Because this episode was boring?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, it's funny because I got something with one of my best friends and said that right before this episode or this but before we started podcasting.
Speaker 1: So look, Alexis, I did not realize you would notice that I skipped over a couple of scenes.
Speaker 2: But the one thing I will give a shout out.
Speaker 1: It was nice to see camera and her Sophia right.
Speaker 2: Yes, move out, move in boyfriend. That was nice.
Speaker 3: That's hard, that's the first. That's the empty nester like.
Speaker 4: And I'm starting to feel it because two of mine left me at the same time on going to college and one just got married and lives on his own now. But so I have one left, and when Miles leaves, I'm going to be like, oh my, I mean, that's hard.
Speaker 2: But you're right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it wasn't boring.
Speaker 4: That scene wasn't boring because I love seeing inside her home, any of the any of the housewives wives.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was a scene.
Speaker 4: And then I forget what the other seat there's another scene, and then the or then the seat the Ryan engine scene.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean it was one with Shannon and something. But I don't think we need to worry about that, right listen, because the thing is this, I wanted to at least start the pod on a good note, okay, because it may not end up that way.
Speaker 3: Well, Carlos, you're on a track record for that. Okay.
Speaker 4: Two episodes were bagging on Heather. Last episode, I forget, but it's like.
Speaker 1: Okay, last episode, we both agree that Carmelo was a great yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well we need to get into the dildo of all that this episode.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, let's go on Jin and Ryan.
Speaker 1: As I'm vibrating in my chair as we speak, So Carmela, send me one to my po box.
Speaker 5: Okay, so look one of them. I'm just I'm just saying I except on Swag.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The thing that I will continue to say it was not on my Bengo car Alexis Janssen, that Gin is my favorite so far this season, Okay. And the reason why I'm saying that she is providing personal story that feels genuine, that is real. She's not playing to the camera. She's not trying to you make a moment. She's really offering her real life. And I will say these past three episodes, my eyes are gluten on Jen, and I feel like Jen is operating in her most authentic self.
Speaker 2: So when she's talking.
Speaker 1: To Ryan about her son, Grayson, I believe that's his name, how she's he got a ticket he was speeding over one hundred miles per hour and he's only a teenager, and she's sort of.
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like he's acting out.
Speaker 1: And then Ryan said, look, I feel like because his dad is not around. That's probably why he feels the way he feels. And to see how Jen immediately started crying and listen, we could we could honestly continue focusing on the rest of her storyline in this episode because it was so lair to me, even when she was talking to Grayson and how he admitted that the divorce took a toll on him because he went from having his parents home with him seven days a week to not seeing his father frequently.
Speaker 2: And I lost it.
Speaker 1: I lost it, and I wanted to talk to you because you obviously experience divorce and I wanted to know, based on you watching the scene, could you relate to that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, I cried.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I did have actual tears when Jen was talking to her son, and I do. Let me back up to when they first when their first scene. I did like how authentic, how authentic she is this season. I do like that she's kind of being a bulldog since Tammer's pulled back. Obviously, it feels like Jen is now the one that's stepping it up to move storyline and such. But the one thing that I caught is Ryan called out the truth of what he thought, and what he saw is the stepdad. And Jen was like, no, it's not that's not what it is. He's just a teenager going through and that's what moms think. You know, you don't know unless you talk to your kid what's really bothering them. And so I thought, Wow, Ryan's really involved in these children's lives and is very receptive and aware of what's going on. And then when Jinn said no, but then she hears from Grayson himself, Yeah, I mean I don't see my dad.
Speaker 3: You know, there's two parts to that. It takes two to tango.
Speaker 4: So the dad could should be reaching out to his son and spending more time with his kids. I would think if like I'm like with Ryan, I'm like, if I didn't kiss my kids good night, it kills me when they leave me for one day, you know, it's like, and now they're moving out, so I don't know what I've got to find and pick up pickleball or something. But anyway, so I feel like for Jin to have that scene with Grayson, like, first of all, for him to open up like that on camera, a lot of kids would have said, no, mom, I don't want to talk about it, right, now let's talk about it tonight. He was really authentic and raw too. And then it makes you wonder for me because I'm from a divorce family, my parents and also I'm now divorced with my children. It makes me wonder like, how much more did it affect my kids than the talks that we've had, you know? And it made me feel so guilty, like she felt, I had mom guilt out the wazoo. I was like, holy hack. Now I want to sit my kids down when they all get They're all in different places right now, but when we have sit down, I want to be like, what did how did it affect you?
Speaker 3: How did it damage you?
Speaker 4: Like because if they were all in therapy and I was very present and I got him full time, so I was kind of in the same shoes as Jen.
Speaker 3: But man, did you tear up on that show?
Speaker 2: I did? I listen.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I love it so much is because, look, I am a single, gay black man and I'm not a parent, so I it's not relatable to me in terms of my life. However, it goes to show you how universally these type of storylines can affect anybody watching it because to see Jen talk to her son about it, and I would give him so much credit, being a seventeen year old kid who admitted to pretty much. He didn't use these words. I don't want to. I'm not going to use the word. But people are being unkind to him, is what he said. I don't want to use the B word in all fairness. So he said that people were unkind to him, and I thought how brave that was, because you may assume that those kids would watch this scene and perhaps unfortunately use that to weaponize him and to see Jim break down. Because and again I'm not a mother or father, so I really really couldn't wait to talk to you about it. It must be tough for a mother to hear from her son that people are unkind to me, when, like she said, you're the most kindest human on earth. And you could tell by his sweet spirit, his sweet soul rights.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have any cockiness to him.
Speaker 4: He's got no agro, no like you know, I mean, teenagers go through their hormones and they're up and down, and they have their bad moods and you don't know why and all that, but you can see his spirit through him, and and you know, for moms, most moms, I'm not gonna say every mom, because sometimes dads get the full kids full time and sometimes it's the other way the flip side, most moms who have their children and are a very a parent that's there for them like completely, their their person. Every agony that they feel it could be a pimple that's driving them crazy and they're embarrassed about pimple. The mom feels that like ten times more for that kid. So when your kids are hurting about kids that are unkind or a scenario at school, or you know, like even a speeding ticket, like, yeah, Jen probably was scared, like you could have died.
Speaker 3: That's a very easy way to die.
Speaker 4: And so but then for Gen to be like, but it's there's so much more pain going on in my kid. I should not have made a big deal about the speeding ticket. That's a true mom feeling too, and it's you know it really you kind of get the feeling though, Carlos, because.
Speaker 3: You have dogs.
Speaker 4: So if your dog gets injured, like last week your dog had an injury, a foot problem, it makes you very we were laid on our head because you were worried about your dog that's a kid, do you so you kind of get the feeling. It's it's exemplify. I had more once you have somebody that comes out of your body. But yeah, it's I just felt so for that scene that was just kudos to both of them are doing that. I hope he doesn't regret doing that at seventeen and that authentic on camera because you don't know how his peers are going to.
Speaker 3: React to that.
Speaker 4: Good good job, and good job Jen for you know, she started crying and then he had to parent her a little bit, which makes him a little bit parentified, which kids do feel because I felt that with my parents. So there's a whole bunch of stuff that went into that. And the whole time I was just I was literally tearing up the whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. It pulled my hard strings, it really did.
Speaker 1: So shout out to Jen Grayson and Ryan, like you said, listen and the beautiful thing about.
Speaker 4: Father, good stepfather. I'm telling you, I don't care what anyone wants to say about him.
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, hello, And they named their cat Johnny Ja, so I mean, I mean.
Speaker 3: That must be a really cool cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, if you name your dog Bieber or your cat j Lo.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, Johnny Jay's cool as fuck, and so that cap must be too, I get it. But anyway, whatever anyone wants to say around Ryan, because he does get some slacks sometimes, that man has shown up for those kids and you cannot take that away from him and the way that they all act together. I mean, I just I love all of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I'm here with you when it comes to that, and shout out to Ryan, I echo your same sentiment. He got a lot of negative flack the first season that he was a part of the show, and look, I was embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I don't know much.
Speaker 1: But what I will say to you as a parental figure and their lives, allowing his fiance and her children to move in with him and for him to see exactly what the problem was, it goes to show you he has a relationship with those kids and he sees it and he's a great father figure. So again, Jen to me, whatever you're doing, Jen, keep doing it. I have nothing bad to say about you.
Speaker 2: Now. Heather de bro does.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: Rightly, so they both I mean, they both have a reason to have a little bit of a beef with each other.
Speaker 1: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King.
Speaker 2: Let's get back into the show here we are with that.
Speaker 1: So Heathern meets with Emily, Right, So Heathern meets with Emily, and Heather feels like she may want to take a step back from Jin due to Jin telling Tamra the things that Heather was saying behind Tamra's back.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the thing with.
Speaker 1: Heather is she does like being called out, especially in front of people that she.
Speaker 2: Talks about behind their backs. And look, no one else does.
Speaker 1: Right, So in aw fairness, I wouldn't either, But that's why I like to say it to your face and not behind your back. Here's me having a podcast where I get to say it to the world, so there's no miss understanding there. But do you think it's warranted, alexis for Havether to want to take a step back from Jen do to Jen only saying to Tamra, Hey, this is what Heather say and I want to get down to the bottom of it together.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, okay, if I'm being real, because that's what we do on this podcast, that's what I do.
Speaker 3: In real life.
Speaker 4: Anyways, but if I were in Heather's shoes, I would probably have taken a little bit further with Jen and said, why did you feel like you could just do that or what provoked you to do that?
Speaker 3: Because we all kind of sit behind each other's backs. I mean they all do. I mean, if anyone says they.
Speaker 4: Don't complain or whine about something that happened on one of the scenes they filmed, or one of this or the one of that, then they're all lying because they all do it.
Speaker 3: However, you know, there's nothing wrong with Jen calling.
Speaker 4: It out because I would kind of be in that shoes also, I would be like, I'm sick of hearing about it and she's not addressing it directly with Tamra.
Speaker 3: Why don't you go to Tamra, go to who you're and you guys talk it out. Don't do it to me and behind my back invent to us all about it.
Speaker 4: So I can kind of see where Jen was coming from, and I can see why how the would be like, Okay, well I'm a little bit you know, are you becoming the next camera?
Speaker 3: Are you now being the pot star? So I don't know, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think I think this? I think I think two things can be true. Like I said, and how does the fans know you don't want anybody you're having an intimate conversation with go back and tell the bars that you're talking about, Carlos, that.
Speaker 3: Was not intimate. They were out a dinner with six or four girls.
Speaker 4: That's not intimate. That's not a one on one where you go out for a bi and a and say can we have a little chit chat? And I'm really got to get something off my chest and please keep this off record.
Speaker 3: That is not what happened.
Speaker 4: They were out of dinner after shooting a ten hour, freaking hardest day of your life, which the reunions are having a couple of cocktails inventing and everyone's ganging up inventing.
Speaker 3: That's not a intimate and intimate moment.
Speaker 2: Well, look the first time, try to help.
Speaker 3: I don't mean it like that. I'm not saying it because it's against Tether. I'm just saying it's like, that's nothing intimate about that.
Speaker 4: If you think one of those four girls you're bitching up to or not going to go back and tell somebody something, okay, then then maybe one martini too, Espresso martini too many. I don't know, but no, I mean you, you you, and especially after just getting off of the reunion, when you've just sat there and bagged on each other for ten straight hours with three breaks and no alcohol, and you're just sitting there like shooting crap.
Speaker 3: That's happened all for eight months of your life. Please, it's gonna get back. You can back.
Speaker 4: Somehow, or maybe one of the waitresses in the restaurant would have DMed Tamar and said, you have no idea girlfriend. They were just totally bagging on you this whole dinner all I heard.
Speaker 1: Now, guess what, Speaking of DM, I got a DM juste.
Speaker 3: I doubt that's just one.
Speaker 2: I got a DM from a rape doot. They wanted me to rea to you.
Speaker 3: Of shicks. Is it good or bad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: If it's good, read it, it's bad. Don't read it.
Speaker 2: I want to read it. Oh God, let.
Speaker 4: Me put my seat boot on and maybe I should go get a DM.
Speaker 2: Alexis dad said, I got a d M.
Speaker 3: Why didn't they just DM me and put and tell me to my face?
Speaker 2: Because they're a rain drop, so I.
Speaker 6: Must talk to me a rain drop sidekick. We can't, can't you can't d M the rain Drop sidekick, So.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give her a shout out. Shout out to my beautiful rain Drop.
Speaker 1: Kimberly and okay, okay, Kimberly and said, I just love our fans.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta say that, Alexis, we have great fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey Carlo, I'm listening to your podcast with Alexus today recapping Orange County.
Speaker 2: Please tell Alexis that Tamra does.
Speaker 7: Listen to your podcast because she referenced it today on to teasing a pod saying something you said about Angie K's divorce.
Speaker 2: So please tell Alexis that I love you. I love her. I just wanted to let Alexis know it's true. Thank you. Thanks.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what's funny, Thank you, Kimberly And Okay, you know what's funny is after Tamara heard that podcast, she she texted me or called me and goes, I do listen to this one because I I you mentioned something because we chat and so she's like, I do. I don't even listen to my own podcast, but I did listen to that one.
Speaker 3: So what did Tamara reference?
Speaker 1: So it was Mia Monica Garcia was recapping angk from Salt Lake City. But I will say this. I will say this because you know I'm fair. I'm fair, I'm fair, Thank you, Kimann. I will say that it was a social clip that I posted about it. So in Tamer's def fans, Tamar could have to solve the social clip.
Speaker 3: She did. She did, she did.
Speaker 4: It is true that she did listen at least one or two of ours, because she did text me or call me and say, I did listen to the podcast that you just said, I don't listen to podcast about but one.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, yay, yes, we love you, Tamp, Tamp, we love your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So back to Heather and Emily. In this scene, Emily brings up her birthday party. She does talk about Carmela, and in this scene she questions if Carmela, who she alleged kept saying to her.
Speaker 2: Are you going to open gifts? Are you going to open gifts? And she didn't.
Speaker 1: So when she went home, she did open up the gift and she saw that it was a door bag and she was happy with that, and then she also saw I was a vibrator.
Speaker 2: But Emily is questioning of Carmela.
Speaker 1: Did that because she wanted the clout of showing what she brought to her I.
Speaker 4: Okay, so at first, before I found out about the vibrator, I did think, oh, she just wanted to show off that she got a really expensive gift when the other girls might have got her a candle, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: But and also I'm kind of torn about that.
Speaker 4: I don't when I have my birthday celebrated, I don't really want to open on.
Speaker 3: My gifts in front of everybody. I get it.
Speaker 4: For a baby shower or a bridal shower, that's different. It's a moment that's you're creating bow wreaths and things like this, and I'll doing all these traditions, but for a birthday, I don't really like to open gifts her. To sit and watch my girlfriend open up twenty gifts either, I just don't, So I get wy Emily did not want to do that. However, I thought after I watched the whole scene, I think Carmela was excited about the fact that she put a gag gift in there, which I think now is hysterical, and so I'm like, no, she wanted everyone.
Speaker 3: To laugh and be like, oh, what a beautiful clutch. Then Emily opens it up to take the to see the inside, and.
Speaker 4: Then oh, there's one, and Emily's like, what that would have been a funny moment to make all the girls laugh. You're sitting there dressed up as as eighty year old women. Would have been a funny, fricking scene. So I get why Carmela was like, are you going to open it up? At first, I did agree that Emily was like, is she just doing this because she wants to say.
Speaker 3: Look, I bought the best gift in the room.
Speaker 4: But then after you watched Carmela's scene when she was thinking about it, that's when I that's when I understood behind the scenes, like what Carmela was thinking, which is hysterical that her seventeen year old daughters found eight vibrators or mom's house.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my kids would die.
Speaker 2: I now, and I a way I do all. I want to ask you? How many do you own?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 4: The only one I ever did own was what was given to me as a gift and it went in the trash.
Speaker 2: So I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just not a vibrator girl.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not no.
Speaker 3: And I'm married, don't need you don't need that.
Speaker 2: You got the real deal. You got the real deal.
Speaker 3: Say okay, move on, kids, listen, okay.
Speaker 2: Fine, bye bye, Okay. So I actually agree with you, And for me, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: It annoyed me a bit because I feel like Emily was just starting something, you know what I mean, Alexis, and I'm like, there's so much other things happening really around you girls that too.
Speaker 2: Here here it is.
Speaker 1: I feel like one of the issues happening with reality television is I feel like it's hard sometimes for some women to just be in the moment and and I think they feel like everything's calculated instead of just being like this woman. First of all, Carmela has money and and she also I.
Speaker 3: Don't think she's a bragger about it though either. Do you think she's outing?
Speaker 4: I don't think she so I don't think so That's why I kind of side eyed what Emily said. She was just trying to show off and show I have money. I'm like, I don't really feel like I don't get that vibe for other housewives.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I don't get that vibe from Carmela. So I didn't agree with that, But yeah, I wondered your take on that.
Speaker 2: So no, I agree with you, She's not a bragger. I feel like she listened.
Speaker 1: There's certain housewives and you know this being on the show that are great gift givers. They just they just they're know to really bring great gifts.
Speaker 3: That's life in general.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: That's interesting, like you can think about which gram all gives you a good gift and which gram I'll tried really hard and does it, you know, Like I mean, it's just some people are really gifted with that gift giving, you know, trait, and I'm just I'm kind of in the middle. Sometimes I really hit the nail on the head and sometimes I flubb. I'm like, okay, well that was a that was not what they wanted, you know. But anyway, so I don't I don't blame anybody for not being a great gift giver as long as you put some thought into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I but like I said, I agree with you when thos percent, I think she wanted to show the show Emily and listen maybe, and yes, for TV purposes, show the vibrator to really show light. I'll take myself too seriously, like I'm a fun girl, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But I thought that Emily was just not living in the moment and she wanted to find something to bring up as a storyline.
Speaker 3: She doesn't happen exactly. You just nailed it.
Speaker 2: You just nailed it.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have a storyline what she's supposed to do. Plus maybe maybe Carmela was like, since you probably don't have a ton of sex, here you go.
Speaker 3: This will help you out later. I don't know. Possibly, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's another And then Terry's joke about it was the funniest one ever.
Speaker 3: Terry's joke when he goes, he goes, if you don't like my gift, go f yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh it was perfect.
Speaker 3: Do that off the cuff that fast.
Speaker 4: That was really freaking fast and off Like I'm just like god, he is just so funny.
Speaker 2: Terry's great.
Speaker 3: And that's in life too. In real life he's that he is that witty and funny.
Speaker 1: Oh you could tell listen, which is kind of like, whatever.
Speaker 2: I love Terry Debro. I think he's I love Botch, I love I think he's a great.
Speaker 1: He's a great TV personality. He's he's more entertaining than Okay, so let's let's move on. Okay, okay, let's move on now. I want to get your thoughts on Vicki's lunch with Gina and Jin. In this scene, Gina is questioning whether or not she should get a prenup. As me know, she's engaged and to Travis, this will be her second marriage. She is telling Vicky, who you know, cares about women making money and being independent. She's like, look, I have come into my own and I'm just trying to figure out whether or not to get a prenup. Obviously, Biggie's like, yes, bit shu get a prenup. I'll say this much and this could be very unpopular, and I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: I think it the.
Speaker 1: For me, I think is whatever works for the individual, Like, if you and your man are okay with it, do it. If you're not okay with it, don't do it. I just I feel uncomfortable telling couples what they should do for their own marriage.
Speaker 4: Me personally, I mean, I don't have a I don't think it's telling couples what they should do with their marriage. I think everyone can have their own opinion about it. And this is kind of to me one of those things like I'm a Missouri girl from Missouri originally, and I don't know. I feel like with all of my marriages. When I married the first guy, it was college sweetheart and we were only together for a year and we had nothing. We were broke college kids with nothing, so no reason for a prenup. Second one, I'm like, I'm not going to sign a prene up because it just is saying we're going to get divorced.
Speaker 3: In my mind, I'm like, we're gonna get divorced.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't sign a prenup said we can stay engaged forever or we're not doing one didn't do it. Third marriage with Johnny, I still feel the same way. I felt like, and I know everyone was telling both of us get prenup, to do this, do that.
Speaker 3: I just felt like when it came down.
Speaker 4: To it, it's like, I feel like it's setting your marriage up for the fact that you think you're going to get a divorce if you don't love.
Speaker 3: This guy or woman and you're not all in.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, it's like, then don't why are you even thinking about marriage? If I don't trust Johnny that when we get divorced, he's going to do the right stuff with our money, and we both know how much we had coming into the marriage. We both know what we both do to provide new work. It's like, it's just like he's going to take care of my kids. I'm going to take care of his kids, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like we're gonna we're not going to hurt each other. But we also aren't looking at it like we're going to get a divorce in five years.
Speaker 3: You're just not so.
Speaker 4: But I also can see from other people's perspective where they would want to, especially with the people that were harping on John and I to both go do it, and we almost. We thought about it for about ten seconds and then we were like, we're just not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, in your second marriage, did did your ex husband in your in your reality you felt like did the right thing?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, because I mean neither of us when we first got married.
Speaker 4: I'm not having three kids with somebody thinking I'm going to break up, the marriage is going to end someday.
Speaker 3: I'm just not. We were not in that mind space.
Speaker 4: But I was also okay at that time, I was ready to have children too, and I just said, look, we can just stay engaged.
Speaker 3: I mean, we don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get married to you if there's a prenup involved, because that's pretty much saying you want to have the seventy five percent statistic in California. I know it's fifty in the world, but it's seventy five percent in Cali or this area. I'm like, if you want to fall into that lump of people, I'm just not going to do it. So then we'll just stay engaged and yes, I'll still have children with you. Yes we can still move in together. And so that's kind of where and I really believed in that. I'm like, I'm just not going to I'm not going to go before God and say I do just to think I'm going to get a divorce.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do with all the money at that point? You know?
Speaker 4: It just it just gives me the bad feeling and it just sets in my mind. And I know I'm not popular opinion on this, probably, so it's okay though, that's just my That's how I feel, and that's how I'm living my life. And I don't think anything's wrong with Ginette Travis obviously doesn't have an issue with it.
Speaker 3: You know, what would you.
Speaker 4: Do if you get married, Carlos, are you are you leaning more towards I would sign a prenup?
Speaker 3: Or are you leaning towards?
Speaker 2: Yes? I would. It would go both ways for us, for me, for me, for me.
Speaker 3: Man has even if your man has more money than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because I think I think the biggest thing that I and it wouldn't be anything difficult.
Speaker 2: It would just be it would literally be what you.
Speaker 1: Said, I have this going in, you have that going in, and let's us go, just because I just think it's the for me. I just want to make sure we're in the clear. But when it came to your so I'm sorry. My question was after you guys were going through a divorce, and after the divorce was finalized, did you feel like you're ex did the right thing in terms of giving you what you needed for your children?
Speaker 2: And and and like there was it wasn't like, uh, I.
Speaker 4: Think my ex knew that no matter what, I'm not a gold digger. And so I'm going to leave it at that. I'm not going to answer your question directly. I'm going to leave it at what. And I all I care about was, you know, I'm going to leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I and I of course respect that. So again is one of those things where I do feel like it's individual. One thing I can say to you, I don't like I don't like that Vickie boyfriend boyfriend Mike is dangling the care of a ring and saying, I have it and I'll give it to you when I feel like you're shaping upright.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think that was a joke, But that was a really joke that fell on deaf ears.
Speaker 3: I don't think he probably meant that.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a joke.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, what is that I've never heard of a guy having a ring unless he's like nervous, Like I've heard of friends that have a ring and they're just like, I want to do it. I just can't figure out the right way. I don't know when I'm just I'm still nervous. I guess that, like, but it's not like he tells his girlfriend, I've got a ring and I'm holding it, you know it was That's just I don't know how to even feel with that.
Speaker 2: It's gross. I'm sorry, I think I think this.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think that he means it. I think he does have a mean bone in his body. Oh do you not like him?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I don't know him. So the thing is, well, let me say this. I don't know half of the bro but I can tell you I about her. But what I will say, I haven't seen enough of him. Listen, I'm not saying you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Of course, you you see that he could be joking.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying he Isn't that that that's that couldn't be the case. From my fantage point. I just think, I think as a man, when you know that you have a woman, and you guys are of a particular age, right right.
Speaker 2: That's not something you do at your big age.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like this woman clearly is telling you she wants to get married again and for you to joke about it. And it's what I was surprised was this. As strong as Vickie is, as independent as Vickie is, as much of a mentor to women as Vickie is, I will say this, it surprised me that Vicky Goalbleson would accept that.
Speaker 3: Well, this is.
Speaker 4: Also kind of what I wanted to ask you. Well, I agree with you. I'm not sure why she's accepting it. I think that it is part of the storyline now though, Carlos, so I wanted to get your thoughts on this. I feel like we are going to see more of this unpack. I feel like we're gonna because they've played it now a little bit of the scene of her Imperia Bardo talking to her brother about it, or No in Mexico talking to her brother about it, and then we saw the scene where she just told the girls and they are like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well what's that all about.
Speaker 4: So I feel like there's going to be another scene down the road where we might find out something about it. I just like or that we've even hear his and then we'll be able to go okay, now I get it, kind of like the Vibrator. Once we understood Carmela's side of it, we then knew, well, okay, this was why.
Speaker 3: Maybe once we hear his side, we'll understand why.
Speaker 4: Because I have a lot I have a big why with a big old question mark at the end of it.
Speaker 1: To your point, maybe there's a season finale where she gets proposed to I.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to go there, but that's what I was kind of thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that's a good point to have where it's going.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of excited to hear that about that and see that I hope.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, let's get to Tamar and Teddy. Teddy's our girl, and it was nice to see her back on the screen. By the way, for Teddy to go through what she's been going through, not only with battling cancer, but if you have followed Teddy's story for the past couple of years, she's been very open and honest about all of the treatment she's been enduring and the toll has been taking on her body, her hair loss, her her energy and all those things. She looked so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I I Carlos King, adore Messing Teddy Bella Camp. I think she's such a great gal. She admitted to having some form of memory loss, which made me sad to hear that cause I wasn't aware of that. And it made me sadder when she said she wonders if she's going to get her fire back, because you know that girl has she's a firecracker. But I just love Teddy and I appreciate it once again seeing that scene between her and Tamera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think, you know, Teddy's very vulnerable with her story and very authentic and revealing, like she tells a lot of things that not everybody would probably share.
Speaker 3: So I mean, my heart just goes out to her.
Speaker 4: And and even though she doesn't have the fire that she thinks she used to have, I still feel like she's there, Like she still got such a she's still got some zingers and some funnies and some you know, and I know it's got to be in her shoes. It's got to be really like the day to day has to get a little bit exhausting mentally and emotionally and all of that. So you know, I just always send prayers their way. And she's funny and even though she's kind of like, you know, I got mad at her season eighteen when I went back, because she was really brutal to me, and she was my friend, like she we flew to we flew to sand somewhere together if we were now, but anyway, and it was like we saw Janet Jackson together and we just totally like became friends. And then she really bagged on me during season eighteen, and I was like, that is so, you know, I got mad and then once I started potting with you, it's like, you can't take it personal.
Speaker 3: It's just like she's just recapping the scenes. And that's what she kind of talked to me.
Speaker 4: You know, we've worked a little bit together since then, and that's kind of what she just told me. She's like, I just was recapping the scenes. It wasn't personal to you. It's just you know what came across in the scene. I'm like, but you have my tech. You could have text me, you could have called tamor called me and asked me what the truth is about the whole thing, you know.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, love her, love.
Speaker 2: Her, love love her.
Speaker 1: And in this scene too, we we were able to hear Tamar's pov in regards to dealing with these girls last season while her best friend, which by the way, this made me want to cry too, and Tamar said, I finally found my best friend for life and then this happens to her, which goes to show you that to be Tamar Judge on this show, where you're always entering a situation where they're not really your friends and you have this it must be the strangest mind fuck that at your job. It's a job for you now, like you, these aren't your friends. And again I'm not speaking for Tamara, I'm speaking.
Speaker 3: On the cast member.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and being a viewer like this is what I'm seeing and to see that Teddy is her best friend and to see a different side of Tamara in that moment really goes to show you like, no, this is her best friend. And it made me also understand what Tama's going through as well, because seeing Vicky have the treads Amiga's.
Speaker 2: Dinner. I'm gonna say this, and Alex says, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Say anything because I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation.
Speaker 4: Well, just know that I am friends with Vicky and friends with Tamra, so it's going to be really hard for me to Okay, but go ahead. I'm going to be very objective though I still I'm going to be objective about the scene, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these ladies don't appreciate Tamra, Judge and I miss the fire Tamra has and I feel like when she was fired and wasn't on the show for two years, they all knew the show was not good, and I'm not excusing Tama's behavior. I have also also on this podcast called out Tamora when she was extremely messy to Shannon. I told Tamor, I literally told Tamar personally, I don't like it when you called Shannon a drunk that season, when you said you're drunk, I said, I said, Tamara, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: She gave me her reasons.
Speaker 1: I respected it, but I was honest with my girl saying I don't like it. I think it's nasty. So I'm not here excusing her behavior over the years. What I am saying is watching VICKI try to mediate a conversation between Shannon and Tamara where they both did something wrong. I feel like, as a as, I feel like in totality, we have to start respecting our villain and we have to start protecting them as well, because Tamra is fantastic television, and my concern for this season is I'm going to get a water down Tamera because these girls are so sensitive that they don't mind talking shit about her her back, but they also don't appreciate that Tamar Judge helped us get another season. When you guys wanted head of the bro to come back and be the face of the show, and that was a flop. And then you had another season where nothing was happening. And when Tamar came back, she brought she brought life into the show. She breathed life into the show. And I just feel like some of those girls are so unappreciative of cauld should be a bit sure is.
Speaker 2: She sometimes takes us too far.
Speaker 1: Sure, But one thing I will say about the Atlanta Housewives working with them, they always appreciate Kenya Moore because they all said to me, all of them said to me, all of them said this to me, Ah, that Kenya Moore is necessary for this show. And although we may not always agree with her or even like her, we will never ever ever believe this show can work without her.
Speaker 4: So they respected her. They respected her what she brought to the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, and these girls don't respect what Tama brings to the show. And I'm telling you by now I'm not interested in watching a water down Tama judge on my screen.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll have to see what happens, but so you know, I'm in a knowing situation with this scene.
Speaker 3: Carlos, Right when I was watching, and I'm like, how am I gonna? How do I eat? Real?
Speaker 4: I'm in a no when because you know, I really don't like to talk about Shannon at all as we all know, and Vicky and tamer are both my friends.
Speaker 3: But here's my time. I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give it to you, okay, And I just want everyone to keep the pre precursor to this is that I'm literally just trying to recap a show here and tell my feelings about what I saw on TV. It could be Lucy Joy and Ethel Okay, it could be those three girls, And I'm just given my scene on what I saw, Okay, my take on what I saw. So, first of all, you're right a million percent. I was like, I was like, why is why is Vicky so like, why.
Speaker 3: Don't you just say you're sorry? Tamara? Wy don't just do that?
Speaker 4: Has everyone forgot the last like eight ten years we've watched what Shannon has done to Tamra.
Speaker 3: Why does she just get a whole of pass.
Speaker 4: She's she we all know she's permanent victim, Like she's got a big V her on her forehead.
Speaker 3: We know that, we get that.
Speaker 4: It's apparent she's not strong enough to be a strong leader like tamra is.
Speaker 3: We get that.
Speaker 4: However, there is two in this pot that tangoed to make the friendship go downhill, okay, and I feel like Tamar's even being so kind and stepping back and not even going down the checklist that I know behind scenes. Also, yeah, what has happened with those two? So I don't know why Tammer's taking the seat this season where seat the season where she's just like, I'm just going to be so soft and not really go back and rehash all the bullshit that's happened to me from the other one, Okay, And so.
Speaker 3: That bothered me.
Speaker 4: But at the end of it, though, Carlos, you have to look at it and go they all kind of were laughing at the end, And so are we going to see them kind of be able to film together, because that's all I really want if they're going to be on a show, if you're going to be cast mates, you can't do what Shannon did last year, which is a completely ignored camera and just and not make for good TV.
Speaker 3: You just look like an idiot.
Speaker 4: It's like, just at least at least have some kind of something you know, and at the party, Heather's Valentine party completely ignored her. It's like, you have to work with the girl and you can't iceer out because you ain't got.
Speaker 3: That much you know, clout. But so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I'm happy that the scene ended the way it did and that there might be a chance now that they're all going to be able to film together.
Speaker 2: The thing is, this is tres amigas. Was trans rushed.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was very.
Speaker 2: Like I was watching Rush Arberba, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. I'm like, here's here's the deal.
Speaker 1: To me as a producer, I smelled the producer telling them, get over it. We need y'all to film together this season. They did not resolve anything. I'm sorry, I got I gotta call it out.
Speaker 2: They The reason.
Speaker 1: Why the reason why the scene felt soulless is because to your point, we know how this works.
Speaker 2: They cannot move on.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the season being an odds and I get that, but what I wanted to at least see was even if the scene took up.
Speaker 2: Half the episode.
Speaker 1: I as a viewer since season season three, when Tamar started.
Speaker 2: As a viewer hair flip.
Speaker 3: He just flipped his hair that he doesn't have. Bald guy just did the hair flow.
Speaker 1: I started watching O Sea till season three, when Tamar started, and when Tamra till Gretchen honey, hold on to your daddy, girls, that goes gratch head. Anyway, whatever, I digress. My point is this happened twenty dinniversary.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The thing is this, I, as a viewer, would have appreciated fifteen minutes of them really hashing it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, it was all pop, this is it and get it all out all, get it all out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on that one hundred pe. I may build up.
Speaker 4: Maybe now Shannon and Tamora will sit down and have a little bit more of a Okay, look, we got the we put the band aid on. Now let's take the bandit out and talk about it to the you know, I want to. I hope she does. I'll have to ask her, but I don't know. I don't know if she did or not.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: I will say this to you. It makes me sad because, look, Shannon is not innocent, and I'm not what I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Do is go backwards and remind people of all the crazy things Shannon has done. Y'all know she's done it. A lot of y'all choose to ignore it, and that's and.
Speaker 2: That it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Y'all choose ignore what she does on camera and behind the scenes allegedly. What I'm here to say is camera is at fault, but fuck so is Shannon. Like we're not gonna make it seem like the one thing Tamra does do unlike Shannon.
Speaker 2: Tamra called it out and says your faith.
Speaker 1: And what I will also say is this, I really wanted that scene to talk about Alexis Tamra saying when I got fired, you stop contacting me.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a whole list. That's why I was gonna say, how's everybody? There's honey, there's a laundry list. So I don't know why Tamer's sitting back and not saying anything and not sticking.
Speaker 3: Up for herself.
Speaker 4: I truly do feel like Tamar got so beat down last year last season that she just is.
Speaker 3: Like over it all.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I really do feel like maybe and you're gonna be You're gonna be sad if it's water down in So's America.
Speaker 3: So maybe then she'll get her fire back. I don't know. I don't know, but you're right, I don't know either.
Speaker 4: Why is everyone forgetting everything? It's like only person that's bad guy's camera. It's so not true, so not true. All the things that they've done, we all do.
Speaker 3: We're on a TV show.
Speaker 1: You always f up, you do one hundred percent, one hundred percent, so again treasing me, gus.
Speaker 2: I'm happy all back together. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't buy the authenticity of it. For for for a bit, I think it's performative. I think they all understood we need to move forward for the show.
Speaker 2: And while I can appreciate.
Speaker 1: That as a producer, what I don't appreciate is I did not get a scene that really spoke about the history of their issues and really see them go through the pain of getting to a resolution.
Speaker 2: And I felt like I was cheated as a viewer with that.
Speaker 3: You thought it was inauthentic, is what it is. You felt like it was just.
Speaker 4: It was just to make the producers happy and the network happy and then move on like it's like, okay, girls, we did it. We laughed at the end Okay, check that off the list and let's go back to hating each other kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, well.
Speaker 4: As long as they as long as we get a couple of good scenes out of it, that's all I care.
Speaker 1: Well, I do too listen to this episode because again, and I'm gonna end by saying this.
Speaker 2: Unpopular opinion, who cares?
Speaker 1: I really have enjoyed the last couple of seasons of OC.
Speaker 2: I never for a second thought the show was dark.
Speaker 1: I always thought the show was interesting because sorry, I always thought the show was interesting because it was real women having real conversations and really calling each other out and yes, having fun moments too. I just want to see that come back to this show. And that's and I'll just end by saying.
Speaker 4: That, Well, I thought I was just happy to have Vicki back because you know, there's going to be some more levity in the show because she just is she is levity, and she's authentic, lovety levity, unlike some people that are acting to see if they can make America laugh, which is obviously flopping. But but Vicky definitely is is like just funny who she is, I mean, and even when she's not taping, you know how there's people, there's characters that are.
Speaker 3: Some way on camera and then off camera they're totally different.
Speaker 4: No, what you see with Vicky is what you get. She is the exact same person as it is if you just go have dinner with her. I mean we were in we were in my roles one day. We were going a decade ago. We're going down La, you know, going to somewhere, and I forget I think she was with Brooks and I was with Gym at the time, and we have a driver.
Speaker 3: And she's literally out the window going whoa.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at her like you are just seriously a hoot, like I was dying.
Speaker 2: I love her. I love her. I love her.
Speaker 3: She's the same. She doesn't act on camera, she's She's just a funny person.
Speaker 2: So that's like, oh we are We're both happy Vicky is back.
Speaker 1: So rain Drops and Kimberly Anne, let us know your thoughts on tresdent migas. Do you think it was genuine or do you think it was We have to move forward for the show.
Speaker 2: Let us know in the comments.
Speaker 1: Alexis and I will be back to recap episode four of season twenty Rural.
Speaker 2: Housewives of Worts County. My beautiful alexis not a great weekend.
Speaker 1: You too, I'll see you so bye, baby, Bye bye. Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership.
Speaker 2: With the Lack Effect Network.
Speaker 1: You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore