Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode contains spoilers for X Men ninety seven Season two, episode six, Danger ex E. Hello. My name is Jason sebscim He on Rosday Night, and welcome back to Extra Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture, coming to you from my heart, where we're bringing you three episodes a week.
Speaker 2: Last news, In today's episode, we have some big news for you. Once again, guys, we were right.
Speaker 3: We are recapping X Men ninety seven episode six, Danger dot e x E.
Speaker 2: If you are an online person, you will know that this means something bad is going to happen and we were right.
Speaker 3: But we're going to talk about what they included, what they didn't include from the comics, and how we feel coming out.
Speaker 2: Of this episode. But first, who Okay?
Speaker 3: So we begin and Charles is watching Magnus get killed by Apocalypse. It's heartbreaking. His eyes are wide.
Speaker 2: Magneto's iconic helmet falls to the ground.
Speaker 3: And just as Charles is about to be stamped on by Apocalypse, we learn he's actually in the Danger room, just rewatching his boyfriend's death again and again.
Speaker 4: Jason, I do not feel like this is healthy I was very worried.
Speaker 1: There should be there should be guardrails on this.
Speaker 2: Yes, there should be guardrails on a lot of things.
Speaker 3: As we will learn in the Danger Room, it quickly becomes clear that the relationship that the Danger Room and Charles have is pretty sassy, and that her own thoughts on how Charles should be processing grief are different than his. So the next time he runs it, she essentially like turns up the density on the training program and he almost gets stomped by the fake apocalypse until he begs her to stop, and we start to get a realization here that her safety protocols are evolving. Next, we jump to a scary ship where a bunch of hooded men are who we learn one of is Rever and striker Uttoh about to see the purifiers. This mutant hating piece of shit arrives on a boat. He's got his purifiers. They have some kind of Vibranian mutant killing weapons.
Speaker 2: It seems that they're smuggling. Very interesting to me.
Speaker 3: This is a really cool sequence, really different kind of hinting at this kind of occult, weird, very hope Summer's ish kind of but like an inversion of it. And yeah, they're stopped by X Factors Polaris. She is ready to destroy the whole ship. And if you want those big action sequences that are gonna make you really love this show, this is one of them. It's a container ship. She's throwing it up in the air. She's going crazy, and she's ready to explode the whole ship. Val Cooper is basically just like, please don't do this, like you're showboating, you're making us look bad.
Speaker 2: And also, how do you think this makes people think?
Speaker 3: Seeing as a your dad's magneto. So we get the confirmation again that magneto here is Lorna's far other at just like in some of the comics. And more importantly for her right now though, is she's fired from X Factor and that's kind of good because she feels like, well, there's these anti mutant terrorists, I'm stopping them. Why are you controlling me and not them? So as she leaves, she rags on Alex aka Havoc, who I have to say, very disappointing behavior from him here. She's basically just like, remember when we were X men and we meant something and we weren't just like government hound dogs. She like fucking chasing kids, like remember that? And she leaves and she's like, guess what. Luckily, in this world there's always somewhere for lost mutants to go. Oh, the sun rises on the beautiful Charles Xavier's school for young child Soldiers or gifted youngsters, whichever way you want to call it. We get, for a moment at least finally Headmaster Storm, which I was just like, oh my god, finally.
Speaker 1: Get by it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about this. There's a lot of breezing by here. And then.
Speaker 3: We see that Charles has this group of young mutants, including Quentin Choir. We also see Pennance. You know, he has them in the danger room. He's going to train them how to survive. It's very scary, and I gotta say, Charles, I just don't feel like going in the sentient robot prison this soon after she was sassy to you is a good idea, but whatever. Anyway, Polaris shows up great, she's so happy to be there, but no one is there.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh my god, Charles is stuck in the danger room. How can he do this?
Speaker 3: But instead we see her have this kind of nostalgic wander around. She looks around her old place. She finds her room has not been changed. Charles told them not to change it. We get photos here of her with other teammates, of her with habit, of her growing up in the X mansion, and I thought we were gonna get like a jump scare here with danger, but no, it's actually Beast, Gene and Scott, and it is this really nice reunion moment and they kind of say, hey, look, you've got to go talk to Charles. I know you're mad at him, but let's go and talk. And they have this really beautiful, unexpectedly kind of peaceful tea sequence which is so Charles Xavier, where they drink this beautiful teapot and they kind of talk about how she never really knew Magneo. She doesn't know who Magnus was, she doesn't know what he was like as a father. Charles is really the person who raised her, and look, I just.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man. I'm just like, I'm not sure if I can do it. I don't know who I am.
Speaker 3: And Charles's like, look, I'm going to Junosha, I gotta go think about my boyfriend's and more Storm's gonna be headmaster. Finally she's the right choice. And Polaris is like, well, do you think people are gonna care? Like, do you think the kids are gonna be worried? Because you know, I was like blowing up terrorists on TV and it's kind of gone viral.
Speaker 2: And Charles is like, nah, Wolverine was their teacher, don't worry. He was like, they've seen it's people be murdered. That's definitely the implication that unfortune.
Speaker 3: Just as Charles leaves, we join the students, oh, including Chamber, my fav Penance, quent in Choire in the Danger Room, where Wing, who we mentioned last week, is manipulated into essentially dying in the comics here is saved by a little badass Bishop Storm Polari's kind of power team up.
Speaker 2: To bring him back to life. Really nice moment.
Speaker 3: I love the Bishop Storm stuff here so fun and the Bishop Polari is stuff because they kind of play on how their powers can work together this episode in a really nice way. Soon, though, Bishop and Polaris are fighting against danger because Charles is insane, like personal use of the Danger Room and specifically when he said I need to prepare the children for a world after Magneto, he meant more like emotionally she is now like okay, well I guess that means apocalypse because she is sentient. And so she's locked down the entire school and she is trying to train them for apocalypses nightmare future. But it is really bad. Things are going very very badly. She's manipulating Polaris.
Speaker 2: She's like, you're just like your dad. You want to be a goodie, but you're just a villain.
Speaker 3: And then we kind of see this great, incredible moment where we get to see Danger kind of emerge into her humanoid kind of robot form out of all these pieces of you know, trash metal. I want to say, Jason, I think this is where the first big kind of deviation feels like they don't really lean into the whole.
Speaker 2: Like Charles knew she was sentient, and I think, yeah, there's a lot of changes there.
Speaker 3: So instead of following that route, we then see Danger in her new form essentially head to Genosha to fight Charles. She's like, I'm sick of this guy. I gotta teach him if he wants to beat Apocalypse. This is what's coming. So Bishop and Polares head off to take on Danger and why on Genosha. Charles is basically there feeling emo. He's like, what would Magneto do? Gene and Scott and Beast are light laying flowers and they're kind of like, look, whatever happens, we'll follow you. And that is lucky because Dangeroum is about to arrive and she is fucking pissed at Charles and is ready to blow up the X Men and Genosha again. Every time Charles goes there gets blown up. Let's toss to an ad break and we will be right back. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So Danger arrives and.
Speaker 4: Gene and Scott pull a crazy like polyamory move which I've never seen before, where Gene manifests Wolverine's clause psychically and Scott shoots through them, creating kind of like multiple reflected optic blasts.
Speaker 1: That was really cool. That was crazy, right, That was like a Marvel video game move, Like I've never seen that, but that was cool me neither.
Speaker 3: And the best thing about it was they were kind of like the reason that they invented this move is because Danger.
Speaker 2: They go, oh my god, she knows all our moves, right, because the dangerom has been teaching them and then they go not this one, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, cause you motherfucking freaks and doing that share in the bedroom. The Danger Room does not know nothing about that, but you know what it worked. Danger Is basically also very interestingly characterized her where she's just kind of terrorizing Chuck and we don't really know why, but it seems basically here that she's evolved simply to train him to survive no matter what, including from her own attacks. Right, Like it's like an extreme kind of like you know, in Chucky those movies, it's like he wants to protect the kid and he kills people for it. This is kind of like a really extreme sci fi version of that.
Speaker 1: I feel, Yeah, I think that that her goal is to get the X Men as warlike and powerful as possible so that they can di and themselves against apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this is a really interesting moment too, because it seems like things are, you know, going.
Speaker 2: Not too well, but Polaris appears.
Speaker 3: We love Laura this big launa episode, and Dangers basically like, look, we're both her because our dad suck. Also their boyfriends like, what the fuck is that about? They are so focused on each other. They don't focus on us, but Polara's is not in any way buying it, and she kind of remembers all of the things that she's learned from Charles about her dad and about herself, and very interestingly to note here, Polaris has the same powers as her dad, which is very rare in the comics. She also has magnetic powers, which is one of the reasons that they became related, though that is not continued in most other mutant families. So she has these very rare metal powers and she uses them to take down to take down Danger, who explodes as she obviously says, Oh, Survival of.
Speaker 2: The Fittest and very scary.
Speaker 3: We think that's apocalypse and it seems like she's done, but no, she appears again, and this is when Charles does what he does best.
Speaker 2: He says, Hey, Lorna, you gotta do something extremely dangerous.
Speaker 3: You gotta harness all your powers, you gotta find all the electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere, and you gotta fucking explode Danger.
Speaker 2: And she's like, no, I can't control myself. I don't want to lose control.
Speaker 3: And he's like, don't worry, I'm gonna psychically connect with you, and then we are gonna make it so that you get your dear old dad and your brain and your heart and your soul, and you're gonna use his powers and embrace all of who you are. And she does it, and she destroys danger and saves the day and proves that she is a true X man. We also get really cool vision of her powers here and both her and Charles, because Charles has been talking throughout the episode about how he really needs to connect with Magnus. He's hoping a part of him is still in his memory, which obviously we know could lead in certain ways that.
Speaker 5: Could lead to something clearly yeah, and he says He's like, oh, you know, I couldn't feel that before, but now, he says, after him and Lorna connected, she says, I feel a part of him inside me and Charles says I do too.
Speaker 3: So huge moment here and we finished the episode with it, even huger moment that was crazy to me, where essentially Charles realizes he can no longer work in the United States with Valcoopa. They are too aggressive against mutants, So he is launching a new thing that is not a school.
Speaker 2: It is instead a corporation X Corp. On Genosha. You'll have heard of it if you like the comics.
Speaker 3: It's also an interesting statement right now on how it's easier to be a corporation than, you know, a government entity.
Speaker 2: Seems like the government is not.
Speaker 3: Too happy about it, but Chuck has bigger issues because he can sense that apocalypse is rising.
Speaker 2: We get this great moment here, guys.
Speaker 3: Where we see the team in ex corp in The Men, the New X Men. They built it so quick. A lot of things are happening here. I don't know, maybe Polares did.
Speaker 2: It, but they launch it.
Speaker 3: And they also have incredible new suits inspired by the frank quietly New X Men suits. Looks great to see them on screen, but also crazy. They got that together so fast. But it's okay because it had to happen fast because the moment they sit down, Charles consents the apocalypse is rising. He said it's coming apocalypse, and you know what, he's actually right because we get what another We were right here, guys.
Speaker 2: We've been saying it for a long time. This will happens.
Speaker 3: When you read the comics, you get the magical arcane law of the X Men. Uh, he's making a fourth horseman or a number one of his fourth horsemen. We don't know, but there's gonna be four of them, and this one is horribly familiar as we see the pink cards begin to shine and his zombifide face appear.
Speaker 2: Could it be heated? Is it he it is? It's gambit, he's back as one of Apocalypses four Horsemen.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break off, we read back to discuss this episode, and we're back. Okay, here's one thing that really stood out to me from this episode, which I think we have to say it is speeding past massive developments, world, huge.
Speaker 3: Huge storyhocks being condensed into the all moments here.
Speaker 1: So I think the one thing that really jumped out to me is Charles was a piece of shit over the course of not a piece of shit. Charles was an absent Fellows well, they all are. He was like, he was irretrievably naive in season one about the nature of the relationship between mutants and humans and what was possible in so far this season, And it's really just this episode because Charles has kind of been like, other than witness his death, we haven't seen a lot from him Charles's kind of Charles is right right now. Charles is on the right side of history right now. And obviously a big change in that is you mentioned it changing the trigger for the formation of Danger from Charles. In the comics, the Danger Room is upgraded with shy our hard light technology and becomes sentient, and Charles knows it, and we've mentioned this and locks Danger away and refuses to acknowledge that it's alive, keeps it trapped, keeps it, keeps it in a state of imprisonment for a long time until it eventually kills the student and breaks down on it. So in this show, it's the constant confrontation with the true existential danger of apocalypse that triggers Danger into being like, you guys aren't going hard enough. You need to come alive and teach you all how to truly fight and defeat Apocalypse. Like it is Danger inspired to raise the X Men's game that breaks Danger out, and because of that, it takes a huge sin off of Charles Ller's resume, And we see Charles here grapple with the fact that the US government and the governments of the world are never going to really respect mutants unless we have a power base of our own that rivals there they particularly the US government in the West. Their respect for something rises in relation to its like ability to generate profit. Therefore, I'm going to create X corp As like this mutant Outreach corporation that also I'm guessing because they don't really flesh it out, but I'm guessing much like the Krakoa era in the comics, he's harnessing mutant power to create new drugs or create new technologies that he would then license to the world and and generate profits that he would then use to like invest in mutant kind, invest in protections for mutant kind, invest in you know, hearting the defenses of the ex corp base, et cetera. And so you have to say, I think Charles's kind of Charles's on a heater right now.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: Look, man, he he's a flawed player, we often say, very selfish, not going to cross.
Speaker 2: Him the bowl.
Speaker 3: But there they're fraud But in this case, currently he's on the op Jason, and that is the X men way, right, like.
Speaker 1: Magnesums among them are not who among them?
Speaker 2: Who is among us is not flawed?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, like Logan is Logan was a former government assassin who has killed thousands of people probably over the course of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also like four in the like civil war, probably killed a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people cyclops and gene loving parents, but not exactly like in the mix raising any with raising any of their children Polaris up five minutes ago was like a government government lackey hunting their own kind. Like, so they're all, they're all right, listen, this is it's a process where they're all trying to figure out like what the best way forward is. And and you know, I'm giving Charles grace even though we show we have brutally criticized him in the past.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta say when a win is a win, you know, And obviously this is this is very us as comic book fans too. It's exciting for Charles Xavier fans because honestly, a lot of us are.
Speaker 2: Charles Xavier haters.
Speaker 3: You know, we've had Steph Williams on the show, comic writer, friend of the pod, very big Charles here, like we rag on him a lot.
Speaker 2: So this is actually a big win for Chuck.
Speaker 3: I think it's a nice reimagining, especially as we head into a space where we're gonna need like a leader you can root for, right, they couldn't do the danger stuff and then immediately say, oh, well, here's your Charles who's gonna lead X Corp. Which shall we talk about that, Jesson? Shall I talk a little bit about Xcorp in the comics? And kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of Grant Morrison, a lord.
Speaker 2: Of Grant Morrison, and this special.
Speaker 1: Morrison meets Joss Whedon, right.
Speaker 2: Crazy crazy times that you know us twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: That's like the dream crossover, right, So X cop is introduced in New X Men, but it's introduced in an annual, which means that you know, Francis Lennolu one of the best to ever do it, and Grant Morrison are the ones who bring them in.
Speaker 2: And and this is very funny because this is something Grant likes to do.
Speaker 3: He essentially introduces like an internationalized version of a team.
Speaker 2: So he did it with later with Batman Inc.
Speaker 3: Right, and he did it here first with X Corp and JLA, right, which was probably the first place he did it. So here we get this idea where after basically coming out publicly as a mutant, which is kind of similar analogous here to him coming back to life at the end of season one.
Speaker 2: Charles basically starts X Corp.
Speaker 3: As a kind of mutant rights investigation organization, but that then becomes an international arm where he can have X Corps all over the world with different X men. So it's exactly like you said, Jason, and I do think the connection that you made were very interesting between how this could potentially link to Krocoa and how X Corp could be the face of the Krocohen drug market, the Crocohen plants, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I think what will happen, what has to happen, is X Corp will be destroyed somehow, and either by a No More Mutants style event or some.
Speaker 2: Like accumute and uprising like what happened after m.
Speaker 1: Day right, something like that that forces mutants, once they come back and once they're able to repopulate, to think much much much bigger, think nation state, not just like a corporate headquarters. And so I do think that we are evolving towards crooko Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I think that's what they're setting up here.
Speaker 3: We also kind of teased it when we talked a little bit about.
Speaker 2: Charles feeling Magneto in his brain.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's talk a little bit about Onslaught, baby, because that's we've been teasing.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about this.
Speaker 3: I think you first bought it up at the end of season one when we were trying to work out where they were going then and now it is finally coming to fruition. Jason, talk a little bit about what's making us think Onslaught.
Speaker 1: Onslaught in the comics, Onslaught is the is a psionic entity. So it's like a psychic villain of pure psychic energy that was born when Xavier's mind absorbed Magneto's like anger, rage and his essence basically, and when those two things merged, they created this, this being of pure energy that has the power of Charles's mind and telepathic powers and the anger and fury at the state of the world encompassed by by Magneto. So it it. I mean, this has to be where they're going, has.
Speaker 3: To be definitely, especially because so much of what Onslaught does is also connected to like sentinel technology and trying to take over the Sentinels and build a sentinel army that can use psionic energy and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: We've been getting so much sentinel stuff.
Speaker 3: Here we see the kids fighting different kinds of sentinels in the danger room. Here futuristic ones, ones who look like humans. So we're really getting to see them set this up now. I guess the big question, Jason is do we see an onslaught tease at the end of this season? Is that the post kind of apocalypse next big threat for season three?
Speaker 1: They have to do it right somehow, right, I mean, they're already teasing Onslaught. The question is will we see onslaught or.
Speaker 3: Like an acknowledgement or a you know, I right, this show does love to do a little they We even got it here, whether he was like it's coming and they were like what an he went apocalypse? I could definitely imagine them, you know, doing a kind of like wait till they get a load of me sort of moment at the end where Charles looks up and he does an evil look and says like the Onslaught is coming, or so.
Speaker 1: You know, they like a kind of cheesy like saying some kind of like like some psychic attack that they're like, what was that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Actually, Jason, you make a great point. It could be an incredible cliffhanger because also I think that the notion of a psychic attack is so much better understood now in the wider comic book movie watching fandom, because I think, one the boys, they've done tons of stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But also think about Logan.
Speaker 3: That is such a heartbreaking, incredible film that so many people have seen, and that is very heavily based on the fact that Charles has this kind of terrible psionic seizure and kills like tons of the X Men. So I love the notion that maybe what happens at the end is we get we get this triumphant end of Apocalypse fingers crossed. You know, he's Apocalypse, He's going to come back, but hopefully they kill him this time, and then you know, this kind of shocking aftermath of an attack and only we know, you know, the dramatic irony is there, the teaser is there that we potentially know who really was behind it, and it was you know, this version of Charles.
Speaker 2: Ah, oh my god, I would add love to see that. I am so fucking excited if that happens. We've kind of been on a tear with this.
Speaker 3: Jason, you mentioned this earlier, and actually I would so we can use it. We didn't really, I didn't feel it too hard in this episode even I mean I felt it, but it didn't impact my enjoyment, I should say. But there has been a lot of conversation post episode five. I think it's gonna happen again with this episode. You touched on it about the speed with which they are kind of almost like speed bumping over these huge like moments in comic book history, these huge arcs, and let's say, guys, this run by Chris Claremont to where we are now, it was like fourteen years and we've already passed that.
Speaker 2: We're now in the nineties, so you're talking about twenty years this stuff.
Speaker 3: There was so much two or three right, Yes, we're so past it now, right, so like we're twenty thirty years.
Speaker 1: Even Gambit as Death. I believe it is a post m day storylines, so like we're really we're really spread out here, right.
Speaker 3: I'm with that said, I think that's why they have to rush it a little bit, because they're covering so much.
Speaker 2: But how do you feel about it, Jason?
Speaker 1: I don't mind. But part of the reason I don't mind is because I know these stories so well. I do feel as if it would have been better had they focused more on here's my focus, more on the Apocalypse arc and maybe season him if you want, Like you can have a bottle here and there, but it's gotta link back to the struggle against Apocalypse somehow. Overall, I think about like Season one was so much better at having this kind of like over our child, and so part of me worries that part of me worries that this is because they're going to cancel the show and they're just like shoving everything together. I do like I that that does kind of worry me a little bit, like why why rush everything out like this?
Speaker 3: I am I'm glad you brought that up, because I do fear that I really enjoyed weapons, lies and DVDs.
Speaker 2: But again, weaponex lives and DVDs. The reason we enjoyed it is because.
Speaker 3: It was so specifically made for us, Like the reason that we were so on point that people thought we'd pre watch stuff was because this was the shit that we were like raised on.
Speaker 2: But that is not how it is for everyone.
Speaker 3: And some people who were really into the Apocalypse storyline of those first four episodes, which are very epic. That fifth episode was like completely baffling to them when.
Speaker 2: Did it happen? And I have to say I did also.
Speaker 3: Wonder when it happened in the timeline, how does it connect? Who are these characters, what are their connections? You know, we had so much fun with that banter. But I do think that that being a bottle episode and then this essentially being another bottle episode that do not directly connect to that is probably gonna start to rub viewership up the wrong way. And I wonder if we could end up in a situation with less viewers by the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they did a poor job of not having one scene in each episode, each previous episode that's just about Wolverine dealing without with having bone claws. You know, it just feels like a very quick turnaround to be like, Okay, season one, they rip out Wolverine's adamantium and then like basically in the middle of the first full episode focused on him. In the following season, he gets them back, He gets it back. It just is a very fast turnaround. We're or you know, like I how long is Magneto going to be dead for like, it's exactly like we're going to bring him back really soon, probably before. It seems like a lot of characters that have died will probably bring back a little too quickly for me. Now here's the thing. For those of us who watched X Men, the animated series, this is exactly the pacing of each episode. It was like extremely extremely condensed plot arcs. Sometimes I would do it, you know, but it would be like it wouldn't fold over the course of like an episode. But the thing was, there were like twenty episodes of season. Yeah, twenty two episodes a season. Now we're half that, and it just makes the uh, it makes the speed and rapidity and the density of the story that much more jarring. And you know, I do agree. Now listen, I'm enjoying the season all one. Me too, but I do think it's moving too fast. I think they can milk it.
Speaker 2: I think I agree. I think they can milk it.
Speaker 3: And also think about the things that we remember from the first original show, right that is all the crazy adaptations, but there's also those quiet moments, the baseball scenes, the you know, Vogue learning something from Wolverine like that, the cooking you know, Gene cooking in the kitchen and not seasoning it enough for Gambit, like those became like legendary moments because you had the space to let the characters breathe and live and do the op opera.
Speaker 2: I think that we are understandably because those could.
Speaker 3: Be argued by some to be filler episodes, though I do not agree. They are obviously like we're going all killer, no filler, like all action, everything is happening. I love that, but I do wish we could spend a little bit more time with Like Wolverine wasn't really sad in this. He wasn't sad or depressed. He was like angry and kind of just doing his thing.
Speaker 2: I also will.
Speaker 3: Say, just on like a character level, I don't think that Wolverine would like fake. I think he would want to go to weapon next because there was like loads of kids there who need saving, not like to get his adamantium back.
Speaker 2: Like I did feel like that was a weird character being.
Speaker 1: I also feel like I also found it strange that he would light everybody because he wants his adamantium back. In the comics, he doesn't have his adamantium for like like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was like it was a long time cause.
Speaker 1: He didn't have it and and he didn't miss it like he it's not like he was if his bone claws got chopped or broke or they just grew back like it was.
Speaker 2: He still has the healing fact though.
Speaker 1: He still hasn't and they really amped it up like in the two thousands, Like there were moments in the two thousands where he got reduced to like a spec of like flesh after getting incinerated and crew I was gonna say, so, so I did find that strange that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely like used to be able to get shot by like four hundred bullets.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like.
Speaker 3: All hals and just kind of let's talk about the.
Speaker 1: Ending Gambit as death. This was so, this was I believe this is so. This is post m day two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: We're already we're in it.
Speaker 1: In two thousands. Gambit is death. It does happen in the comics. In the it happens in the wake of decimation day Scarlet, which is normal mutants event. Apocalypse returns gambits him out, believing that a reborn Apocalypse might be able to help, you know, bring me back bring the mood back, and so Gambit joins willingly isn't he isn't resurrected. And then in the I believe in the comics, he does try to kill Rogue, but that's because Rogue is like he believes that Rogue is like his last attachment to his old life.
Speaker 2: Well he is, Yeah, it does happen.
Speaker 3: And also he's like manipulated because like he's in the comics, it's like he's like, I'm gonna stay awake the whole time, no sedation, so I can make sure you.
Speaker 2: Don't mess around with my brain.
Speaker 3: But obviously Apocalypse always gonna mess around, you know, So Bobby, you can't trust him. And there is this very interesting duality where we see him kind of struggle between the Gambit persona and the Death persona, which I would love to see.
Speaker 2: Here. Do I think we're gonna get much of that? Probably not?
Speaker 3: Do I think Let me just under Apocalypse's control until he's Rogue and obviously show break him out of it.
Speaker 1: Here's here's another here's another criticism, and then we'll we'll wrap this up. I think we're overdoing the trope of Gambit. I know you're in there, like.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 1: We did it with Wolverine, when we did it with the Yes, and it's just too much of like, come back to me, gambit. I know that you're in there, and and so I I I feel that we're going there, and I don't want us to go there anyway.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you one last question? Yes, but also one last question.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's any likelihood off the season one he was a big villain. We know in the comics, especially if you're looking at Horseman of a Poclyp stuff, do we see mister sinnis that comeback as an ally at the end of this season.
Speaker 1: Well, if we do Krokoa, he has to come back, right, So I think that he has to come back because, like, because the whole thing with Krakoa is the X Men saying this is a place for all mutants, even the evil ones, even the former Mutant Supremacists, even the mutant terrorists, even mister Sinister, and this is going to be a mutant nation for all. So I think if they do if that, if they do do Cracoa, and we're like, at least in fictional chronology, we're like, yeah, ten years, Like we're pretty close. Yeah, Like we're a couple of plot arcs away in the common in comics reality from krak CoA happening, yeah, three or three or four like plotter, we need a m day and we need some other things to happen. But like we're there very close. And so I do think he will come back, and in fact, I wonder if they bring he will come back.
Speaker 2: You're gonna come back? I think I think so too. I think that's my big pictures, Like.
Speaker 1: Probably there's probably one hundred clones of him somewhere, like multiple vaults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's say Maddie too.
Speaker 1: We'd love to see quick production. Note this weekend, our news episode were coming out on Sunday with our full Comic Con recap, so don't look for it Saturday, look for its Sunday. On the next episodes of Extra Vision, We're diving into Comic Con News this Sunday and Morihouse the Dragon and Spider Man brand new Day.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, Bye. X Ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Night and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jonathan and Bay wag.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi Our Discord moderate them