Speaker 1: Do you have a morning hair care ritual?
Speaker 2: Not in everyday morning, but I'm definitely one of those gals that only washes my hair every three to four days type of thing. That's like a.
Speaker 1: Normal right day, more normal than referring to yourself as a gal, which you don't hear a lot of anymore at all. So that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So true. Yeah, I kind of do day one, I don't. I just blow dry it. Day two is when I'll curl it. Day three is like I can still kind of day four. If I'm going on day four, it is a top not bun slicked because it's.
Speaker 1: Nast so because it's nasty like it.
Speaker 2: What about you? I know you're really particular about that that.
Speaker 1: I am of yours. Over there, there's where I'll wash it's that's it wash it? Does it?
Speaker 2: Does it mean shampoo condition? No?
Speaker 1: I won't know. I will do just water. Most days, say I sweat like three times?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do two a day workouts, So yeah, I sweat a lot. But at the same time, I know it's bad to wash your hair that much, so I'm usually just wetting it down quite a bit and then once you know, maybe once or twice a week. I use my Befree by daniel fishal little plug for Danielle's company. I use my be Free and it's great. But you can probably tell how much I care about my hair, which is frankly not at all. Yeah, I should get more into that, but I use head and shoulders to wash my face.
Speaker 2: I will say yesterday, I uh washed my hair. We were gonna possibly go into the jacuzzi like last night, but ended up not. So it was in a top bun but wet and it kind of dried that way. So this morning it was actually perfect for this movie that we're doing. I was like, Okay, we're gonna have to kind of reget that wet so I could actually blowdry it and make it look nice for the podcast. Because although it would have been perfect, I really didn't want to be. You have to see that of me fine.
Speaker 1: For me, and that's also a perfect segue into our film today. But I will say, first, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart. The Wave Tsunamis and the high School's musical I'm.
Speaker 2: Wilfordell and I'm Sabrina Brian, and I hope.
Speaker 1: Like Sabrina here you packed the comb because nothing's gonna go right today. And we're recapping twenty fifteen's adventure buddy comedy Bad hair Day. This is a dcom that really takes pieces of a ton of different movies. I guess would be the best way to say it most not suitable for the Disney Channel, but you can feel the influence of movies like Thelm and Louise, Midnight Run, which is one of the best movies of all time, After Hours, which is also the list of best movies of all time, Leave the Weapon, nonother best movies of all time. Wow, this is just a banger of list. But Bad hair Day also broke a barrier when it comes to dcoms. Not sure if it stuck out for you as I'm sure it did for us, But this is the first to include an adult as the lead and star of the movie. It's usually solely focused on just kids or teens, so that was a fun difference. It first aired on February thirteenth, twenty fifteen, to four million viewers and was the success on their watch. Disney channel app where these things streamed back in the day they filmed this one in huh uh? Was it either Utah or was it Toronto? Neither Apparently the coin flip landed right in the center of it, just stood up on edge. So instead they decide to go to Montreal, Quebec. Yes, they went to Quebec. No shock there that they were in Canada. But what is shocking? Not sure if you notice this while watching, but the score for the movie involved the Philharmonic Orchestra of Prague. Wow, so it was fully orchestrated until we get into the movie. We will say that Bad hair Day is available now to stream via Disney Plus. So if you want to follow along and go watch it now or listen to us first, just fill out the paperwork and send it in so we can log that information into our journals. I am kidding. I don't have a journal because I wouldn't be able to read it because my handwriting is awful, Sabrina. Before the podcast set this recap in emotion, did you know anything about Bad Hair Day?
Speaker 2: I hadn't. I hadn't at all, you know, as I'm going in trying to see if I even was recognizing any characters, you know, trying to figure out where we were with this specific d com because I knew absolutely nothing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean started off much like a lot of ours. We've got the bedroom scene. What is this teenager about?
Speaker 1: What is she like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean all that kind of stuff, and then we go from.
Speaker 1: There, believe it or not, with bad hair day. I had also never heard of this movie.
Speaker 2: Like, wait a minute, we talked about this last thing. You didn't know.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what this movie was. I have no idea. So before you go steaming your dress to the plastic and pulling your blog readers about what shoes to wear, why don't we get into the synopsis. It's a buddy com about a high school tech wuhiz whose prom night abruptly shifts into a wild ride across town thanks to a down on her luck cop and jewel thief. Early thoughts, Sabrina, what did you think?
Speaker 2: I at first? I mean, you know, because I don't know, I'm like, when what era of the d coms is this? So we instantly kind of see a dress. Okay, so we're there's gonna be a dance of some sort involved shoes and it's all saying winter. And then I was kind of impressed, going, oh, there's a lot of techie kind of stuff. She's very much a computer, she says nerd or whatever her dad called her that, and kind of sets it up. I see the crazy hair. Oh my gosh, how unbelievable was that hair? The dress stuff didn't really make sense to me why that was ruined. I didn't understand that it's so far so a little bit I started to kind of I got it confused a little bit here and there at the getting, you know, I was kind of just not sure where we were going, what was going to be. You know, I'm always going where's the message? Where's that Disney message? And it didn't hit me for a while a little bit, and so I h it was cute. It was cute. She was cute. Yea of FBI agent coming in That to me did not make sense. Stranger danger? Why is she not?
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I thought, and it's kind of along lines with what you think, and maybe maybe this is what you were saying. I liked it as a movie. I didn't like it as a d com.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Like if this was just a regular kind of teen romp movie with the two of them buddy comedy, it worked as a d com. It felt very strange to me.
Speaker 2: There was just something kind of not off right.
Speaker 1: Because they were great, the acting. Yeah, good story.
Speaker 2: I guess you're right off the dcom mark.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. That's how I look at it. Took the mark for a dcom but hit the mark for just a good kind of funny buddy comedy because it was funny. I thought the acting was good, the story was good. But you've got you know, two more, they're older protagonists for the film. You've got then the bad guy is older. Right, there were no kids kind of involved. The whole thing with the dance was just kind of peripheral. It was didn't really matter to the story.
Speaker 2: A sort of was forced because, yeah, trying to bring in that younger because you're right, the majority of the cast was were adults that they were going into.
Speaker 1: Not a bad movie, not a great dcom. Yeah, if that makes sense. It's no ghost of Bucksley Hall or Fuzzby.
Speaker 2: Well, of course not. There's not very many.
Speaker 1: But anyway we'll get into and again it's not I'm not saying it's a bad movie, because it certainly was not a bad movie. We have seen way worse movies than this. It just felt off for a dcom. It was like, okay, weird. Analogy was like, he went to a nightclub, which I've never been to, but I imagine you went to a nightclub and all they did was play awesome classical music. Yes, so the classical music might have been great, but it was not right for the place it was.
Speaker 2: P does that think it's gonna be a top forty DJ?
Speaker 1: Right? And again, wow, Bach had some bangers, but not not not here at the club.
Speaker 2: Bach had some banger.
Speaker 1: He did it did I'm telling you, don't even get me started. The movie stars Laura Morano as Monica, the bad Hair recipient. Laura is a double threat singer actress. We haven't said triple threat because we've never seen her dance, but I'll bet you Laura can dance too. I just it's a total gut feeling, but I bet you she's actually a triple threat. Okay. She also has a song on the soundtrack called for the Ride. She started her career on TV shows like Without a Trace, Dexter, and she played young Becca in super Bad and Young Sarah Silverman on her Comedy Central show. Her Kids Show resume is also very impressive, with roles on Living Me, Girl Meets World, and most notably as the Alley in Austin and Ali, a show she starred on from twenty eleven to twenty sixteen, and her co star, who notably is an adult actress name Lee Allan Baker, is Liz. You may recognize Lee Allen as Ellen on Will and Grace or Amy Duncan on almost one hundred episodes of Good Luck Charlie and a rare occurrence here with Leanne. She also served as an executive producer of this movie. She told Variety, quote, I wanted to see what it was like to build and fulfill a vision from the ground up, and since this was Disney Channel's first movie with an adult lead, I wanted that role to be protected, and I wanted the movie to have my creative stamp on it.
Speaker 2: Unquote.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. The movie's length is oh, oh my gosh, it hurts to say it. It hurts me in the feel bads. The length is ninety one minutes, so close, almost too close. It's now like they're mocking us. And it was directed.
Speaker 2: It could have been just that last bit, those couple of bloopers.
Speaker 1: The bloopers did it. They put us over the magical mark. It is what it is. It was directed by Eric Canyell. I believe I'm saying that name right, who was a Canadian with a ton of local credits and TV episodes of the Dead Zone and The Transporter on his resume, but he was a relatively green choice when it came to movies. Sadly, Eric passed away on June fifteenth of this year at the young age of sixty three. It's written by Matt and Billy Eddie, a brother team. They had a strong Kids channel filmography with Zapped, Teen Beach two, Invisible Sister, and the first two Monster High movies. Eric Gardner and Stephen H. Wilson share credit as well and came up with the story. I gotta be honest, this one's feels very Canadian when it comes to the credits, and I think it's safe to say that it was probably our most Canadian cast and crew, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I feel like Zombies was quite a big Canadian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Canadian two, that's true. We've got a lot a lot of Canadians, certainly.
Speaker 2: Because there was the dancers, because they're not going to bring in dancers from the US and get them up to camp.
Speaker 1: That's true. So maybe some of these are d coms, which is Disney Canadian original movies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it obviously starts where everything's going completely and totally wrong for you. Have you had a day like this where you've got a dance or something coming up, where it's just one horrible thing after another.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, absolutely, yes it is. I'm I've just put it out on my Instagram. I'm one of those people that will get up super early and on a day that is any birthday party. We just threw Monroe's birthday party. I am up so early four o'clock. I'm talking right four or five, and I am still running late. I still cannot make it. I have all the time. I just don't know how it happens to me. So but a lot of times it's, oh my gosh. You know, on her birthday, I put all we were up in Big Bear, put all the balloons up, got everything done, woke up in the morning, everything was on the ground. It was just like that kind of stuff just happens to me.
Speaker 1: Wait what happened? Did a bear break in? Or did the air well?
Speaker 2: It just was you know, it just was like a little your birthday sign with some balloons and I put stuff on, you know, just to kind of create because we were not home, so I wanted to just have it nice and decorative for her birthday morning. And I woke up and all of it was down right then, or you know, I wake up and my hair is a disaster. There's no way I've got to wash it. I've got to take the time to do it, otherwise I'm not gonna like any pictures.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Of course, these kinds of things happen to me all the time. That's my lack for sure. But you does that? Do you wake up and everything just goes your way? It is just Will's bright and shiny kind of day every.
Speaker 1: Day when the sun shines on you twenty four to seven, Sabrina, There's really nothing that goes wrong in this world? I bet no, of course, I'm just I'm a very I'm a very scheduled person, so I have It's like I usually wake up around the same time I take my dog. I mean well, no, I mean I do my wordle, I do my connections, I do my frame, I do my gap. Oh yeah, all in the bed. I'm in bed for about a half hour after I wake up, and then I'm up and take the dog for a walk, come back, go for a run. Then I usually come back and shower, I eat something. I either then podcast or do some writing, and then I take a nap, and then I come back. I take my we do some sort of a dinner. I'll take my dog out to.
Speaker 2: Have a scheduled map every.
Speaker 1: Nap, every single day is remarkably amazing. And I do what everything I know FI years for years.
Speaker 2: Oh you're jealous of you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're decided to have kids. Not my fault, Not my fault. Let's get into the movie here. We opened it a very familiar decom situation, as Sabrina was saying, which we have now seen is a repeating trope which is inside a teen girls bedroom for what looks like an important day filled with wardrobe and makeup options. How many movies can have we seen this in?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: So we just saw it in What's the one where she's talking to the camera was it camp Rock? Yeah, camp Rock? Oh, yes, yes, she wakes up, she had you had a million things to do. Yes, we saw in xenon she she starts in her bedroom where she wakes up, and it's we're kind of panning around the room to see what she's like. My date with the president's daughter starts this way.
Speaker 2: Yep. Also, wasn't color of friendship? Wasn't there some kind of thing I feel like maybe maybe? Yeah, it's very yes, yes, she was getting Yes, yes, it is definite. But you know what, so relatable absolutely, especially with girls. You know, I think amboys I would assume too. Your bedroom is your signature. Ye, it's it's your it's the you. You know. You know your parents' house is not your house, but your bedroom parents allow you to have that be your safe place. So I think every kid can relate to this is my room.
Speaker 1: You also learn a ton about the character right away. Are they messy? Are they clean? They? Yeah? Are they studious? Are they? Do they like music? Are they?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: It's a very easy way to get into a character and this is no different. So it looks like it's an important day for her, filled with you know, makeup options and everything. Else, we do see one very sparkly dressed that has a note that reads winner, same with some shoes of the same color that also has a note that says winner. We also see some heavy due to computer equipment around the room. As our lead, Monica codes her own website, uploading options for outfits and allowing visitors to vote on their favorites. And now she's ready to post possible hairstyles on the site as well. She takes some quick photos and puts them up. Will it be a flirty wave, an angel curl, French Twister? Nope, it looks like the side ponytail has taken the lead. Finally, she passes out and her cell phone rings. It is Sierra, her best friend. It is prom day and Monica needs to get ready for tonight. Monica is up until two thirty am working on her hair poles the side do one by the way, just for the record, in case you're wondering. And everything's been going great. She's got her date, the perfect dress. She even thinks she is in the lead for prom queen, and she's the most excited about her hair. Wait, wait a minute, what is this? Sierra finally sees Monica in FaceTime. WHOA, her hair is a mess. It looks like pigeon slept on her head all night long and picking her scalp like peanuts. It is crispy, it's falling out. It is an absolute nightmare. She used too many products at once. What's the worst your hair can look Sabrina?
Speaker 2: So bad.
Speaker 1: It looks like that, like as bad as Laura Morono's in this. I mean crispy and falling apart.
Speaker 2: Not crispy and falling apart maybe after a prom like okay, you didn't take your updo out or whatever, you know, that kind of stuff. But yeah, it can look bad. Mine does not. Mine takes some effort. She needs some products, some smooth in but.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta not do multiple products at the same time, apparently, which was funny. I love how she just put everything in her hair and she's like, do not use the heat while I did that, do not mix with others? Well I did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very much like a Disney cartoony type situation. That's not that's not really a real thing. I'm sure there might be products, you know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but it's a little crazy. The other thing that was crazy is she notices her winning dress and it's melted right onto the plastic it was stored in. And then the winning shoes they were too small for her feet, so she used expanders and they exploded the heels out. It's a bummer, but she knows that they can all be repaired. Now did I miss something? I didn't see her mess up her dress.
Speaker 3: Did I?
Speaker 2: This is when I went, wait, what just.
Speaker 1: So the dress was ruined for a week.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the shower. It was the shower. Yeah, and later on when she goes to return, try to she was steaming it. So yeah, that is something that I will do when I'm on vacation, is all throw my dress hung somewhere in the bathroom, not in the shower, but have the door open and turn off hot air, you know, if I don't want to bring like a big old steamer or whatever. So I that's what they were doing. But I mean to me, it's plastic. The shower curtains are plastic. You don't like they nick It was a little stretched. The shoe expander was kind of a good idea. I could see that, you know, but because they were much Yeah, it really was, And I was I thought that. When they panned that dress, I was like, I was that was cute and then I was like, oh was that plastic?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah it was a little shower shower curtains.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: By the way, the steamer. When it comes to steamer, I always told people when I was a bachelor the two things every bachelor should own at the time, and still I agree with this is a portable steamer for your clothes and the George Porman grill. Those two things kept me alive, yes, and wrinkle free. The problem, the biggest problem, is that the prom queen voting software she's made to track the numbers, it shows her now in a dead heat with Ashley Mendelbach. If Ashley wins, they say evil will triumph. Were you ever prom queen or did you ever do any of this stuff lord of the dance? Or the hell they ever called any of these things.
Speaker 2: Lord of the dance? No, no, I was not never Homecoming Queen, prom Queen win or formal Queen. I didn't get any of that.
Speaker 1: I didn't go to any of those dances.
Speaker 2: I know. It makes me sad.
Speaker 1: I went to my junior problem with my friend Kelly, and we had a lot of fun. But other than that, yeah, be happy. No one liked you will. Just when things can't get worse, they do as the DMV always does. The DMV calls her at her home. They want to finally schedule Monica's driving test, but they don't have an opening until next year. She must get her license for the summer, so she's offered two pm today. The problem is it's prompt. That's why it's open because nobody else could make it because of prom Monica knows it's going to be tough, but she takes the appointment and she needs to figure all this out. She then calls her boyfriend, the Boy, but he can't drive her because he has community service and the orphans need him. He's excited for Prahm, but she's in trouble here. Her dad is in the kitchen getting ready for work. He is a nurse, and he also notices that her hair is huh huh, let's just say not the best, and he tries to make her feel as good about it as he can, but he just can't. Being the awesome daddy is. She's got a great dad in this movie. He offers to call in sick and help with all of her errands, but she doesn't want him to miss his day at the er. Don't worry, She'll be fine. But before her dad leaves, he reminds her she needs to make her college decisions this week. Is she going to go to state like he did? Or is she going to take the quote once in a lifetime opportunity she's been offered? Unquote, We still don't know what that is. Monica brings her attention back to her dress and her shoes, only to notice an ornate necklace hanging on her vanity mirror when she goes, and she puts it on. When Sierra facetimes her back with an idea of to use her ten speed bike to bring her good friend. Hey, man, hop of my bike. I'll bring it around all my stuff. She also notices the necklace when Monica says she found a pawnshop, but Sierra hates it. Hey, it only costs her thirteen dollars. Just then the doorbell rings. What else can go wrong? In this day? It is a woman who is almost dressed like a hungover man in black. After being startled by the bad hair which everybody sees first, she claims she is detective such a good name. Detective Liz Mcrogersberger from the FBI Special Criminals Unit of Dayton County. She has some questions for the nest head in front of her about a certain necklace. She flashes her a picture of it, and it is the pawnshop piece that we've just seen that Monica was wearing. That was thirteen dollars. Monica gets nervous and says she's never seen it before. As the FBI agent applies some pressure, Monica says she knows that the detective, who again is called Mick rogers Berger, is not really part of the FBI because there is no Dayton County Bureau. After some pushback, the lady admits she isn't with the FBI. She is a private eye working for a client willing to give a hefty reward for the necklace's return. Monica realizes that she can use this to get a ride from Liz, no matter what type of copper detective she is, so she offers a trade the necklace for a lift to prom What did you think of this story? Beat?
Speaker 2: I did not like it. I just did not.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: It was weird. It was weird how and I get because she's she is a techie, right, so she's on her computer. The quickness that she had about this FBI situation, this could the scene could.
Speaker 1: Have gone through showing she's a genius, right, yes.
Speaker 2: But at the same time she countered that she counters that later on she doesn't know, she doesn't understand stuff. Later on I'm like, wait, but I thought you knew all this stuff. Yeah, So there was that. The Also, although I thought Lee was great, it was a little creepy that she the way she was coming and then then she tells her to wait at the door. Then she ends up having her come inside the house, which which is when I went, no, no, no, no, we do.
Speaker 1: Not have strangers who have now lied to you being part of the FBI.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, she's about who she is now, she's a private detective. Okay, I don't know that. It was a little There was moments that were good because then she gives her an idea of how she can suss out, you know, Monica's whole life story from seeing the few things around the room. That kind of stuff was, you know, good for the character. But the situation was just weird. It was very strange to me.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you. It was strange to invite her in, but she did.
Speaker 2: And to think that taking a car ride with this lady, I'm gonna catch myself to you. I'm gonna make it easier for you to steal me away from my dad. I mean, you're obviously.
Speaker 1: You're already lying to me.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go ahead and just go ahead and get in your car.
Speaker 1: Get your car.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna kidnap me in the house. I'll go ahead and get your car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. But she is inside the house and within thirty seconds, Liz figures out. She's a high school senior allergic to nickel. She's young for her class, her boyfriend is a jock politician who's soulless, and she has no siblings and her mom left. So Monica suddenly realizes she is up against some kind of a pro She knows she's been cooked, so Monica goes upstairs and hides the necklace and tells Liz she will return it after she gets a ride to fix her nails, her hair, her shoes, and go to the driver's test, all before the problem. It'll take a few hours, but they'll both get what they want, so of course Liz agrees. Meanwhile, we cut to the pawnshop and an even more sinister looking man in a suit. I would like to find out if this actor is actually British or not. I have my doubts.
Speaker 2: I agreed on that.
Speaker 1: He makes the lights flicker and it intimidates the owner about the whereabouts of the same necklace, which then led you to like, Okay, wait, is he super natural? Like is this gonna be he's got some kind of magic powers? Or did he just walk in and liquor the lights?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I that was so strange to me. Also, wouldn't you think? I mean, I don't know a lot of pawn shop owners. However, I do think if someone came in looking for this specific necklace, it was because we know after that that she was the FBI at you know, Liz also went into the same place and use the FBI because she says it worked on him.
Speaker 1: He worked on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now some other guy. Wouldn't you think maybe calling the cops would be something. Listen, there's this necklace that I had something since.
Speaker 1: I went I see in my head, I went to I think some pawn shop owners, not all certainly not all, but I think some pawnshop oders might take some merchandise that not the not on the up and up. So I want to call the police just to hey, what if some of the stuff in here is stolen? Kind of thing, not saying that about all shape.
Speaker 2: It looked like an outstanding one, but he did.
Speaker 1: He looked like it. But so we don't know if this guy's supernatural a lot. We're back in Liz's car, which she refers to as Brando as Marlon Brando. She has a ton of police level stuff, attempting red button she tells her not to push, magnetic shielding of cell service, and a high level stun gun at a stoplight. It's so funny, Monica realizes, there next to a car filled with quote water polo hotties, something you do not get when you grow up in a school in Connecticut. She does not want to be seen with Liz in her freakmobile, but Liz ends up embarrassing her with a megaphone and siren when the cool dudes litter. I was starting to get some kind of Melissa McCarthy vibes, like you could have seen Melissa McCarthy playing this role.
Speaker 4: There is a movie where she plays this role.
Speaker 1: Right, what is that?
Speaker 4: What it's was, Sarah Santa Bullock, I think is what it's called on It's called the Heat.
Speaker 1: The Heat. There we go the Heat. Anyway, She turns on her siren, which turns out she bought for says she bought for twenty five dollars and went from there. Did you have water polo in your school because my wife was like the manager of the water polo team. Oh really, and I think it was to this day, just to hang out with the water polo hotties.
Speaker 2: It could be will I don't want to get you upset, but that's probably a good.
Speaker 1: She's coming home with me tonight. So what she did in high schools?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we did, we did. We had water There was definitely the water polo guys that were all surfers and water polos and you know constantly that's like not your type though, no, no, but those of the girls like that they were there. Yeah, but they were there, Yeah, and they were good. We had a good water polo team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not the water polo from what I'm learning about you. The water polo team guys. Okay, fair enough, Liz is now even more scared because it turns out there's a good chance she's not going to lose prom queen, even though she's kissing the butts of other students for their votes. It's very funny. She's like, hope you have your vote, Hope I have your vote. All the while Monika and Lizard developing a real sarcastic, big sister type of vibe, shooting barbs back and forth, and they're getting fed up with one another. This has some really funny scenes where she pretends she's the colorblind aunt Hilda and eventually reveals that her real name is Liz Morgan. This is when they start to learn a little bit more about each other, and also when Monica learns that some of her friends have gotten off the wait list at State, which is the college that we her father had mentioned before that she had gone to, and so they're going to be officially attending. Are you going to be coming to State? She's got all this pressure to join him, but she avoids the commitment because we learned she's deciding between State and m I t Okay, which doesn't have a water polo team. I don't think right, but come.
Speaker 2: On, yeah, no, this is a moment where parents it is okay to step in. Just say, guess what you're going to. There's no state there. You will have fun. College, by the way, is amazing. Anywhere you go. It's pretty much the same experience. You find your people, you get at your independence, you party if you like to party, you do some school, you get an education, and you move on and it's the best wherever you're at. So guess what, girl, you're going to. Not very many people get to say that they got in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're going. No, I agree with you one hundred percent. I played a college kid on TV once and it was fun. Yeah. Yeah, she is absolutely a genius. But she wants to go to State. And this I mean again, it makes sense because she'll know everyone there, all our friends are going there, and Mit, she'll be invisible. So there is that fear of the unknown. But it's mit, you're going I agree with you, hundred percent. So they get to the hair salon, but they are three minutes late. So the most unlikable human being to ever be put on film sends them away. Oh god, she's just I wanted to I don't believe in violence, and I wanted to slap this girl in the forehead, just whack.
Speaker 2: Shut up with just the most unnecessary accent to why that's why, friend, three minutes late, you are I will be on you.
Speaker 1: I hate you. You fl oh oh, I hate it, but you're supposed to. The appointment was filled. But when the clerk, awful clerk, awful French clerk, so we'll call her, sees Monica's disastrous hair, she gives them a pager says it'll buzz it if an appointment actually opens up. We're now back at Monica's house where that suave, suited man who were still wondering is if it is actually British or if he actually has superpowers from the pawnshop, breaks in and disarms the alarm. And he disarms it in a very funny way, because it's the way that Liz when she walked in the house said you got to get a new alarm system that one could be disabled with a pipe cleaner, and it's exactly how he does it with a pipe cleaner in a cell phone. So we cut back, but we see this guy. He's walking through the house. He's obviously a Battie mc batterson, but English so bad to McBeth. We're now back shopping and Monica is posting pictures of possible sunglasses, letting people vote on the best. She says it's marketing one oh one and she just wants everyone's opinion about what she should wear. Liz thinks it's probably better just be yourself, and then absolutely freaks out of a very funny way that a pair of sunglasses costs five hundred and forty dollars. That is the face I make every time I'm shopping with my wife and I'm like how much is that. It's like, well, we'll go somewhere. She's like, you look really good in the shirt. I'm like, hey, it's eight hundred dollars. Not a chance in hell am I buying this shirt. I mean, she really freaks out. She says she'll have to mortgage your house if she breaks the pear. It was a total overreaction, but I actually laughed. I thought it was a funny one. She's like hyperventilating as an adult who knows glasses can't be expensive. It's true, it was kind of an unrealistic response, but it's maybe laugh because again, it's the same one I have every time I look.
Speaker 2: But she said, mortgage her house. I was like, you don't look at what you're wearing.
Speaker 1: Don't house.
Speaker 2: You live in Brando and you know it.
Speaker 1: And oh, there are glasses that are like thousands of dollars, aren't there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not saying that about the It was just her reaction. It was just like, of course she's not gonna wear look at this lady who gears in no way of what she like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's Sandra Bullock in yes, secret beauty agent whatever before she's con geniality yet.
Speaker 4: And no more Sandra Bullock references you've made too.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Can't make it okay, Sorry, it's so perfect, Yeah it is. And so just like Sandra Bullock and Speed, they are now in the store to return the melt to dress, but it is too damaged and her hair that's for you jetson, and her hair appointment pager is going off, so as they rush out, Liz accidentally shoplifts those same glasses and gets out of trouble when the security guard comes over by flashing her retired cop card her identification. So it turns out she was actually a police officer at some point. Also, everyone thinks their mother and daughter. This is an on running gag and it's really bothered them both, and they have this funny almost Lenny and Squiggy back and forth about not being a mother and daughter. We are now back at the hair salon and she is late again and much like Sandra Bullock in the Net, they gave up her spot for a second time. I'm kidding, I'll stop. She gets a new pager, but is suddenly craving a cord do so at the food court while snacking and getting a call from her dad, who I love. They have the dad just checking in like, hey, you're having a rough day, how's everything going? Just checking in?
Speaker 2: One of my favorite dads.
Speaker 1: Me too, great dcom dad, Yeah, which is also why I didn't feel like a DCM. Good pair. So, not only does it turn out that Monica's losing more votes for prom Queen, but Liz points out that she sees Monica's boyfriend on a date with the other prom option, Ashley the Evil, which would be her medieval name if she had one. He is not taking care of orphans at all. What taking care of orphans was a lie? I didn't buy that. He of course he was taking care of orphans she confronts Kyle and it quickly turns into a battle, forcing Monica to cry in the bathroom, and then Sierra walks in and they're they're kind of she's her friend is comforting her, and Liz is watching this exchange, and Liz something snaps in her and she gets a little peeved and she's like, here we go. So seeing Monica's dad pushes Liz to charge the cheating boyfriend and pretends she's undercovered mall security to rough him up and embarrass him with a weird game of Simon Says and a bag search that reveals back hair remover and self tannor in a bit of a metrosexual joke you would see in twenty fifteen. Now, in that same joke, they'd pull out the back hair remover and other guys would be like, does that one actually work? Like, yeah, because mine doesn't really work. By the way, I'm very proudly a guy who never had back hair. Then the real security comes in and busts Liz for pretending to be mall security and for making a scene, and they take her away. We are back at Monica's house, where the debonair yet evil seeming possibly magical maybe British man in a suit paces drinking tea. The house has been destroyed, and then we see Monica's iPad laying around. It goes off and he sees that she has an appointment coming up soon at the DMV and this is a perfect time to approach her. We are then at the police station. Liz is in cuffs and she knows some of the officers, including her old partner Ed, who ended up getting the charges dropped. But they also have a little bit of s flirt and energy going on.
Speaker 2: Ed and Liz.
Speaker 1: There's something there, and Monica is the one who says, uh oh, he likes you and you like him. But obviously Liz does not have the Riz Liz no Riz. She also apologized to Monica about her boyfriend and wonders how she ever ended up with such a jerk, and well, she says, like she does, it was from an online poll. And then the police chief arrives and she, like every great police chief trope, starts screaming at Liz in her office, calling her a pig headed disgrace. Monica also finds out she didn't quit the force at all, She was in fact fired. Now free Morgan wants to know the truth about Liz and why she wants the costume jewelry necklace back. If she keeps lying, their deal is off. So this is where it gets real. Liz reveals that the centered diamond is worth a whopping seven million dollars. It is not costume jewelry at all. It was actually the main showcase piece and we'll get into that. But it was stolen by that jewel thief that swab debonair maybe magical guy Pierce Peters, who had broken into Morgan's house. Now what happened was Liz actually oversaw the necklace when she was a cop, but in a very very dramatic flashback, she was very unsuccessful at protecting it. So it was in a museum it was being shown for display, and in a very mission impossible scene, Pierce floats in on a rope and takes it away. Now that they're free, Monica wants to know the truth about Liz and why she wants the costume jewelry necklace if she keeps lying, their deal is off, and this is where Liz reveals that the center diamond is worth wait for it, people, seven million dollars and was stolen by a jewel thief that same possibly magical possibly British swab debonair guy Pierce Peters, who's rocking around town in a convertible so people can't see him. It was very strange, but it's a gorgeous Aston Martin, so I'm not going to say anything about it.
Speaker 2: Quick question is the necklace, nice necklace that was part of my Sabrina Seas. Why when it's a special piece of jewelry does it even when we were seeing like the Crown of Descendants, why did they? How come it's so hard to get a nice looking, expensive fake I know it's got to be fake, but just this kind of always it's always just kind of you know, it's kind of it doesn't look expensive. There's when they said seven million. I was like, that's a stretch.
Speaker 1: What's a big it was a big diamond?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but that's a It didn't look like a diamond. It looked like I could go get some of Monroe's plastic stories.
Speaker 1: Right, this is seven million dollars. This was seven million bucks. By the way, he is not British. He's actually Nev Campbell's older brother. So we called that Pierce Pierce Pearson's on the pierc Pearson sents it's actually Pierce Peters. So yes, So Pierce floats up on a rope mission impossible style and steals it. And I never understood if she was armed and he's staring at her, why she didn't just shoot him, which I think she, as a cop, would have been perfectly in her right to do. If some famous cat burglar sneaks in is six feet from you, going up to one shot, that guy's dead hanging by a rope, you get your necklace back. Bob's your uncle. But no, apparently that didn't happen. She was so embarrassed that she lost it that she never called for backrupt and then became obsessed with her mistake, and because of that her her work was suffering, and she was later fired. Monica got the necklace because during an exchange with a buyer for it, the thief gave it to the wrong person, eventually landing into this. This I thought was very funny how they tracked the how how the necklace got to Monic. Yes, I thought it was cute the way they did at me too. So it went to the wrong person for the initial exchange it ended up in the hands of a mime, a food truck, a card game, and then to the pod and she and now she wants to return the necklace to authorities to get her job back, and she wants to be the person to walk in and hand it back, and she also wants to help Monica start making her own decisions. Monica admits she's scared to be a disappointment and unpopular. I mean, her mom left her when she was three, and that means she must be some sort of a failure. It's a very nice scene. The one thing I noticed about the scene though, is it's just the two of them talking. It's very long. It was a long scene for just the two of them talking so long.
Speaker 2: I mean it was hard because I know it's tough to have these sit down moments, taking all the energy out and bringing it down. But the story of how the necklace and then that led straight into the mom it was a very long scene.
Speaker 1: It was I agree, it could have been maybe cut up a little bit, but it was very nice scene. Nonetheless, because she says her mom left me, and Liza shureser that wasn't her fault. In a very very sincere moment. But this is also why we find out Monica really wants to be the prom Queen, because then you have a title and a yearbook page to prove that you actually have friends. The new partners have a very nice moment before Monica realizes, wait a minute, it's time for her driving test, so boom. Monica then convinces a very very nervous Liz to let her use Brando for the test. Ooh, this does not go well. She almost crashes into a trash truck a block of houses, and eventually does take out a line of trash cans. It is the worst driving test in the history of driving. The only thing she didn't do was actually physically run somebody over and kill them.
Speaker 2: Right. It's close, though, very pretty close. There were some people on the sidewalk that I think she almost got but luckily did.
Speaker 1: It it were you a good driver, to be honest, I mean.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I'm a great driver. My record's not awesome. I'm a speeder. I do speed, but you have a record. I'm not the worst. Well like, yeah, I I My insurance is very expensive because they have a lot of speeding tickets.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: With my record. I have speeding tickets. Yeah, can I ask how many? Oh my gosh, I couldn't even honestly tell you.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, I've gotten two speeding tickets of my entire life.
Speaker 2: Jordan has only ever gotten one. I'm I mean, yeah, I was not you have more than five? Oh, I'm sure, I'm sure I do. I think I've always been in that. You know you have the three points. I think I'm kind of Wow. Yeah, I cannot get out of a out of a ticket to at I can. I have tried everything. I have tried, irritable bowel syndrome, I've tried my friends in trouble. I need to get to her. I've tried.
Speaker 1: Have you tried slowing down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just a lot of there's a lot of speed traps everywhere.
Speaker 1: I know. But it's also amazing that you constantly you're late to everything, and yet you're speeding all over the place. I love the combination. Y, I just can't it's so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a great driver.
Speaker 1: Well neither.
Speaker 2: I've slowed down and have.
Speaker 1: Since had Yeah. Yeah, cargo precious, But I.
Speaker 2: Also am brutal because I've got a bigger car now I'm not in my sports car, so I do feel a little bit higher up and a little bit more in charge.
Speaker 1: Great, give Sabrina a tank. Excellent anyway. The other person who's not a good driver is Monica, who was instructed to pull over by the driver instructor himself. She has obviously failed the test, but while Monica begs for a second chance, Pierce Peters speeds by and Liz tells her you got a gun it, ignoring the instructor completely and getting into a very dangerous high speed chase. It's actually a pretty good dcom chase here. I thought I was impressed with the contry.
Speaker 2: I was really impressed. I don't know how they ended up doing it, but it was so good. I think to the part that I thought was really funny was the slow mo yeah, the backer.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, and poor and she just keeps talking about poor Brando and everything happening to her car. It was so they have one option to get rid of get rid of this guy, because he is in a beautiful Aston Martin. By the way, Sabrina, I'm just saying, if you ever want to buy me a nice gift that Aston Martin convertible, I'll take that I'll make shopping really easy on you. Yes, Liz presses the mysterious red button lightning off, lighting off a nitro boost, which is not at all han nitrous works with smoke coming out of the back of the car.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I know I've watched way too many fast Curious exact movie.
Speaker 1: That's not exactly how the smoke and the furious movie. This is not at all the way it should have been. Yes, very strange, but anyway, off a nitro boost and losing the bad guy in a cloud of smoke, almost killing a grandma pedestrian who hits his front light with her bag, deploying his air bag. Monica obviously has failed to test, and not only has that, but the instruction. It's so bad that the instructor impounded Brando. The only one I've heard of which is funnier and worse. And this is a true story. My friend drove himself in his father's car to his driver's test alone in the car. He showed up. He pulled up to his driver's test in his dad's car by himself to pick up the instructor. In the instructors like where's where's He's like, No, I just took the car like you literally don't have a license, and they had to impound the car. True story.
Speaker 2: Oh they did.
Speaker 1: Impound of course, of course.
Speaker 2: I just thought they'd cark and call and you know, nope, I think with by the way, not getting his license, but you shall have to come get your hinder it.
Speaker 1: Wow. They did all this just as Pierce stumbled on the identity of Monica's dad and workplace. Oh no, so now prom is ruined. They don't have a car, she didn't get her license. Listen, Monica are now arguing outside of the police station. They're taking low blows on each other. This is the part of the film where the buddies going to break up, until Monica says she'll just give her the necklace. Just fine, just take it and get away from me. But it's in the car that was just towed away. Oh no. Monica starts to walk home, only to run into the mime, of course, which is amazing because most mimes it takes them forever to get somewhere because they're always walking against the wind. Then they get a smoldering call sorry that it was a bad mime joke. Is that is that wrong? Hey? Come on, mime is money. Then they get a smoldering call from Pierce about meeting him later with the necklace or things will get unpleasant for her dad, who has now been taken hostage. Yeah, oh man, that's rough. That's rough. Lis and Monica are now panicking. They rush to the towyard for Brando, but are told that they need to wait hours to get their turn to wait for their turn to get the car, so Monica successfully sneaks behind the counter and hacks into the DMV system, showing again that she's a genius, and marks the towing as an error. While this also gives liz Is an opportunity to do something she is very very bad at, which is flirting. But she's still flirting very badly with the front desk clerk. But they speed away after getting the car back, now working together again perfectly, until Monica notices that the necklace that she thought was going to be in the car is gone. She must have mixed up her bag with Sierra's bag, who is currently at the park taking PROMP pictures. And we know this because one of the things that we talk about, and they talked about in the beginning of the film was that there's an app on the phone that shows where all your friends are at all times, and Liz is like, why would you do this? I have a phone from the nineteen forties kind of thing. Is very funny. She doesn't want to be tracked by anybody or any of that kind of strang.
Speaker 2: Now, this is so big because in twenty fifteen, this was when it wasn't just Facebook anymore. There was Instagram, Snapchat, all these apps. Snapchat you can literally see where everyone is. You have to turn that wa.
Speaker 1: Wait, so Snapchat you can see where everyone is at all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, if they have it one, it's wherever their phone is. So yeah, so all your friends can see like, oh, you're at the mall or you're at home or whatever. It's a part that you have to turn off on Snapchat if you don't want it.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I think Sandra Bullock had to do that in bird Box.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I love.
Speaker 1: Seeing she's the best. Uh Okay, So the ladies jump on a bike, which is the only thing they can rent at the time that has a sidecar, to go and find Sierra. They end up crashing right near another photo shoot with Kyle, her boyfriend, and Monica's ex is there as well. This got really weird. So in the morning he was planning on going to prom with her, but by lunch he was going to go to the prom with the evil girl. Like it was that quick. Was he not gonna Was he just not going to show up at prom? Was he not gonna tell her? What?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 2: I think? Once it was clear she obviously knew the jig was up?
Speaker 1: But the right question? Was he going to go to prom with her?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because Ashley mentioned it. She was taking her her boyfriend away and then was going to take prom queen away from her.
Speaker 1: Too, So when are we going to find this out?
Speaker 2: Maybe he was just gonna stand her up, That's what I thought. When I saw I was like, oh, okay, man, you were three steps ahead of this little thing that it seems like a nice girl. She doesn't seem mean, she seems nice, and yeah, you're just being a big jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was this was this was like cartoonish evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and wearing green looking like Green Ivy out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I'm a big fan of green, but not that one.
Speaker 2: But Green Ivy from the from Batman movie. Did she kind of give you that vibe with her red hair?
Speaker 1: You mean poison ivy?
Speaker 2: Is it poison ivy green? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, Sabrina, Oh it hurts me, It hurts me in my nerddom. You have no idea how much it hurts me.
Speaker 2: Green ivyfferent Anyway, I was.
Speaker 1: But Kyle then says he's made a mistake for dumping her because the other girl, Ashley is a big bully. He still wants to take Monica to the prom. When they yeah, they call Liz old, but then Liz intimidates them and for some reason, they then fall into a river, which was very far behind them by this point. I was in so I didn't care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it just shows how big of losers that Kyle and Ashley are were really the biggest losers in the film that nobody ever talks about are the poor orphans that Kyle apparently has not been helping.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Eventually, they do get to Sierra and they switch bags and boom, the necklace is in there. Now with the treasure in hand, they go to meet Pierce and save Monica's dad. We also find out that this is amazing and kind of a fun little tidbit that we come to learn is that the police chief that is screaming at Liz the whole time turns out to be Liz's mom. Yes, wow, it's mom. Did you buy that?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, there didn't look like there was enough of an age difference between I thought to the same thing.
Speaker 1: They look like they were kind of the same age.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I knew there. There was more obviously to the backstory of it. I could tell that, but not this. That was a stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would have made her much older, And.
Speaker 2: It would have been probably better if we never saw the mom again, because then when she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when she comes back, it's like, well, had you and I was nine? Oh yeah, yeah, very Yeah. I kind of didn't buy that. I love the idea.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I thought the actor who played and the actor was fine, but I thought the actor should have been older than she. Yes, yeah, but anyway, it shows that they're all have their mommy issues. To put it mildly, Monica says not having a mom has made it hard to trust herself. She needs validation. In return, Liz gives her a pep talk about how great Monica is and she doesn't need anybody else to prove it. We get a touching moment between the two partners, who are actually turns out facing pretty similar problems. That's when they enter the warehouse and Monica completely blows their cover by yelling hello the second they walk in, which is you're not supposed to ever do when you're trying to sneak places.
Speaker 2: You know we're sneaking in. We are already done covering getting nest to this place.
Speaker 1: Why did you just what are you doing? We're sneaking in, bro But that's when Pierce appears and demands in his perfect English accent, the diamond from the girls or Monica's dad is going to pay. Monica does eventually hand over the necklace, and Pierre says he'll text them with the location of her dad when he sees fit. But as he confidently walks off, Monica and Liz call him an idiot, and now Pierce is confused, what are they even talking about? Monica says she knows exactly where her dad is, runs off to the side room till on tie him. Pierce knows his gig is up, so he hooks a rope to his back. Again. This guy likes to hook himself to the ceilings and starts to soar away, but there's that's when Monica says, you know what different this time? She called for backup, and boom, there's police backup everywhere. Liz pulls out her stun gun as this guy's going away and shoots him in mid air, which she should have done with an actual gun the first time he tried this, But anyway, we got it. Now she hands Pierce over to the cops and the day is saved. We're now back at the station police, you know, Liz is there, visits her mom again, the police chief, and she returns the stolen necklace the way she wants to Boom, I am here to return the necklace. You can book Pierce, and now she's welcome back to the force with open arms. Nearby by the way, Monica and her dad are talking about college, because that's what you do when you're at the police station. She doesn't want to leave him, but she wants to follow her heart to Mit. He knows it'll all work out. He's probably ecstatic that his kid is going to Mit. She's going to invent a new color or something really important, and they're going to be trigillionaires. And then a pager goes off in Monica's bag. We've forgotten about the pager, but there it is. They have an opening at the hair salon. She can still make the prompt. Liz rushes her into the station's evidence room, where they find prompts options you know, like all the criminals usually wear or the multiple options to prom dresses. So there they go. She picks up a prom dress, a motorcycle, and a large bag of cocaine, and off they head to the prom. I'm kidding she gets motor She gets neither a motorcycle nor cocaine, but of course finds the perfect dress and Liz gives her a like you do the seven million dollar necklace to wear as long as she is escorted by security, which seems like a very bad thing to do the first day you're back off suspension is to bring the kid into first the property room with all the drugs and guns and murder weapons, and then handle the seven million dollar piece of evidence.
Speaker 2: Oh, ky dokichoki.
Speaker 1: That does not seem to be the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Not seem very likely, but yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Halfway through the kilo of coke they've taken, they are now at the prom. I'm kidding. There's no cocaine in this movie. Liz, Monica, and Monica's dad are and ready to attend. Of course, Liz has to be there because she's a copy and has to look at the necklace. Her dad has to be there because who knows why dads do not belong at the prom unless you are there to be one of the chaperones. But even that's kind of horrifying if your dad's there. But anyway, I wouldn't know because I didn't go. With police presence outside, including Liz's mom, the chief, everybody's there. Monica walks in and her hair is really short. Liz cut it. I don't know much about hairstyles, but it still looked like kind of a bad hair day to me. Yeah, am I wrong? Didn't look great.
Speaker 2: That's one of my last Sabrita seas. Oh my god. The wig.
Speaker 1: It didn't look great.
Speaker 2: Oh it didn't it. It calms down through the speech.
Speaker 1: I will say, it does, it does.
Speaker 2: But she got out of the car, it was like, wow, wow, whoa there you go?
Speaker 1: There you go? Okay? Well that's that.
Speaker 4: Was where to go?
Speaker 2: That was her answer.
Speaker 1: I would hate to have seen the other possibilities. Yeah, it wasn't great, but it still gets better. Because if that wasn't enough of an ending, Sarah reveals that Monica also won prom Queen. What a day. Now she's wearing the crown inside. Monica thanks her classmates, but explains is not as important to her as it was before what she went through. Today, she's learned that she can just be herself because perfect is overrated and there's no need to put everything up for a vote. She smiles at Liz. Oh, and by the way, she tells everybody she's going to mit and I thought it was very funny where Liz then yells out, yeah, ye are where it was, like, okay, it was funny.
Speaker 2: That's what Monroe has to look forward to her entire life, because I like to no just.
Speaker 1: Me being like yeah girl, yeah, yeah you will, Gina, That's gonna be great. It's the only thing that's gonna embarrass her more is when she finally gets to meet her uncle Will because oh, do kids love me? They do? I'm telling you. So, let's party one last time with this prom people. As Monica and her dad cut a jig and Liz reconnects with the old flame from a police station, streamers and balloons drop from the ceiling, and as we love to do on some of these movies, we get some bloopers. I love it and I do too, very funny way. It shows that they had fun shooting the movie, and that comes off they work. The two of them together were great together again, not at all a bad movie, just a great deco. Yes, so, and I.
Speaker 2: Will say I will not agree to do any type of other publicity campaigny thing with you unless we have that bike with the with the car seat.
Speaker 1: Yes, you look so funny and as long as you're in your driving the bike, I want to be in the car seat. But then again we'll get no, we'll get pulled over, get pulled over, get a speeding ticket, forget that. That's all I'm gonna need is this is all I just see. This is just I see, I see you, You and I on the side of the road. You're driving the bike, I'm in the basket with the thing. We've been pulled over by the police and you're trying to explain irritable bowel syndrome to the cop as were And that's just me the thing officer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 1: Can we do some real reviews please? And I think this week you have the five star review.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I think I've gotten a couple of the five star but I actually really like them.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to do the ones? Do you want me to?
Speaker 2: I want to do this? This was mine. I love it. We've got a five star from Bunny K. She may have had a bad hair day, but the movie was far from bad. It was highly spectacular. I would recommend it to anyone I know, and I have.
Speaker 1: You go good. That's a great five star review. I have the one star review this week. It is by Ria P. I am going to read it exactly is written. I would not recommend this place. They layered my hair toothin. It looked so ugly. Yes, apparently this woman thought they it was a hair salon called Bad Hair Day and not actually the movie. We've seen this before with other reviews, but that is the actual review. Ria P. Would not recommend this place. They layered her hair too thin.
Speaker 2: Riya, why did you go to a hair salon that was called Bad Hair Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I went to this place called layer your Hair toothin and they layered my hair tooth in exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have again every week. We are now at Sabrina's favorite portion of the program our featured game, and the game this week is called Google Hair Day. So website style Seat analyzed the Google volume nationwide of people looking up celebrity hairstyles and figured out which famous hairdews are the most searched for by state and region. So, for example, in Maryland, Kate Middleton is the most searched for hairstyle and in North Carolina it's Bradley Cooper. But regionally there are four celebrities total that are the most search for, so we have to guess the four making up the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West. The ones already mentioned are not part of the four, and here's a hint. Two of them are Disney stars. So we have to essentially pick the four people through the range of the country whose hairdws get googled the most, and.
Speaker 2: Are they ranked it. Do we have to rank them to no?
Speaker 4: No, no, you need to name the four that are that are regionally most popular. But then I'll also throw in one other hint. They are all in this case females.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Yeah, I have one. I think I think it's gonna be okay, And I always pronounce her name wrong? Is it Zendaya or Zindaia Zindaya right? Zindaia Zenda.
Speaker 4: That is the number one googled hair hut in the South.
Speaker 1: So I nailed one.
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Kim Kardashian is the most googled in the West. You now have two of the four.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, Vanessa Hudgens has gotta be.
Speaker 4: Okay, Vanessa Hudgens is not unless you are time traveling. She is not Ina is this this is currently?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Currently? Okay?
Speaker 4: This is current?
Speaker 1: O oh oh oh Demi Levado, Demivado not one of the four?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no no, who was Who's Who's big now?
Speaker 1: And who was a dizneyl oh oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, hold on before we give our final answers. We've got Sabrina Carpenter, We've got Olivia Rodrigo, Olivia Rodrigo, Sophia Carson.
Speaker 1: I think Sabrina might be one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her banks are, so let's go with her.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, okay, Sabrina Carpenters not one of them.
Speaker 2: Whow Olivia Rodrigue Should we throw that one? Then?
Speaker 4: Olivia Rodrigo also not one of them. You're not thinking of this I can't believe you're not thinking of this person. I mean, one of them, I think is very difficult. But I think Danielle Fischal No, no, but again, once.
Speaker 2: You're honestly, Danielle had to have been.
Speaker 1: That's at one point she would have been. No. No, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. Oh, it's huge.
Speaker 4: Now do you want more hints?
Speaker 1: Yes, give us, give us one hint.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Disney Star could have had two different personalities on the list. Really, I thought that was too easy.
Speaker 1: The Disney Star could have had two different personalities on the list.
Speaker 4: I'm sure people are screaming at their radios. Personalities.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh, a hand of Montana.
Speaker 4: Yes, Miley Cyrus. Okay, tied in the Midwest with this other person who also won the Northeast. So technically the person you're missing has won two regions.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what can you give us? Can you give us a hint for that one?
Speaker 4: The hint is that she's a singer, very current, and it's.
Speaker 1: Not Sabrina but but oh oh, it's got to be it's gotta be Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: No, which to be honest, I was surprised. Not Taylor Swift. But Taylor Swift's not like a hair You're not.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: It's hard to think when she's backtracking so hard. I'm like, it's difficult. She's really really just shuffling her feet back.
Speaker 1: Here, backtracking so hard and shuffling your feet. He's giving us clues.
Speaker 4: How this, How about this? Taylor in the world, Taylor Swift, You're you're in the right world. Pop star? Okay, not Taylor not alternative, pop star, alternative.
Speaker 1: I have all excuses for not getting this, by the way, Sabrina, all right, I'm ready to give up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: You got three of the four, the lead of the Northeast and tied in the Midwest with Miley cyrus Is Billie Eilish.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I got stuck in the Disney World.
Speaker 4: You already got the two you got Zendane Miley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I've never heard of Billie Eilish song in my life. You'll always say that, but no, I really haven't, really, no ever in my life. She's in all fairness, other than party in the U.
Speaker 3: S A.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of Miley Cyrus song in my life either anyway, Well, thank you for once again pointing out our flaws. That's always the way it seems to work. It's fine, much like Sandra Bullock murdered by numbers. Okay, let's now rate our movie. Are one out of ten this week? We've got one out of ten options, one out of ten five hundred dollars sunglasses, one out of ten cars named Brando, one out of ten inmate prom dresses, one out of ten mysterious red buttons, one out of ten, bad short haircuts from a police officer, or one out of ten fake orphans.
Speaker 2: What would you like to do this week's I think one out of ten inmate prom dresses.
Speaker 1: That was Thank you. I can agree with you the big stretch.
Speaker 2: That we had in this movie.
Speaker 1: I think you went first last time, if memory sir, yes, so I'm gonna go first this time. This is a strange one for me because it is as I've said, it is not a bad movie. It just doesn't feel like a dcom. And where for instance, something like prom Packed didn't feel like a dcom, it felt like a new version of a dcom. It still took place at school, it was still all about the kids. It's still so that felt more like a modern d coom. This felt like a movie they shot that then they sold to Disney as a DCOM. I know that's not what it was, but that's what it felt like.
Speaker 2: Right. We've had a couple of those that feel that way, where they it's it's that it misses the d COM mark.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am going to give this with that in mind, because I liked the acting. I thought Laura was great. I thought uh Lee Lee Allen was great. With that in mind, I'm going to give this a six point five in maybe nice dresses. Yes, it is. Again, it is not a bad movie. Had we just watched this movie and it was just a movie, I would have been like, hey, this was a cute movie. This is you know. But because I know we're putting it in the in the world of the d com, it's.
Speaker 2: Through and we're comparing where you are comparing them to d com, so I think it's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: We are going to for two, I think because last week I think we had the same rating. I am right there with you. Six point five In Nate prom dresses all the same reasons. There were just too many main If it had just been Lizz's character, it probably wouldn't have been that much. But there were too many main adult characters in the movie to be a d calm world for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe, I mean, you know, it's funny. Maybe you do something like, if you're gonna do a rewrite, you know, Monday morning quarterbacking. Maybe the guy who's the the the thief, maybe you make it the thief son who's actually in high school himself trying to make a name for himself. So the main bad guy is sixteen.
Speaker 2: Years old, and everyone that even like the worker behind the hair person could have been a braddy.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, they were all like adults.
Speaker 2: They were all adults. It was, you know, surrounded with adults. But I did like it. I have, so I've got to check off all my Sabrina seeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, can we do Sabrina seas?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you catch on to when we first see who's the action? What we now know Liz is not the villain. We actually see the first the villain for the first time. They do this shot of his him getting out of his his aston Martin who getting shot of that, but he's wearing red and white socks. And because it was so it was you could see it under his because it was so a shot of just that, just the bottom of the car. I kept thinking the whole time, what are they? What are these socks gonna mean?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Ronald McDonald stole this necklace?
Speaker 2: When are these socks? And it never happened, as you know, good one. I uh like, I said, the unnecessary accent of that lady. She bothered me just as much as you did. Did you catch the the mocker do the macarena? And he's like, I don't even know? That makes feel so old? I was like, oh that is awful.
Speaker 1: The safety No, well, maybe show me. I bet you. I do a little the song to do the safety dance. Dun't eighties forget it. I wanted to feel really really bad.
Speaker 2: I did did you think at all that because we knew the jewel was the set of jewels was in the makeup palette? Did you at all think when they were doing their makeup on and they were getting fixed up, that that switch or something was going to happen? Did you call that?
Speaker 1: Did you? I did?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about it. I didn't about it because she pulled.
Speaker 2: Out that same palette and her friend had the same one. I was like, oh no, she lost it. I saw that that was a quick little thing. Then to receive it her taking her entire Now, girls will totally get this. A makeup palette of everything is so bulky, easily breakable. You would never take that and put it in your clutch of your prom like attire. Okay, it was ridiculous that Sierra had that on her.
Speaker 1: Thank god she did.
Speaker 2: Thank god she did it. Save the movie. But at the same time, that was a little big, too much of a stretch. I also thought it was crazy that the police evidence was allowed to be taken to prom. That was crazy. And then my last thing is literally, O MG, the wig.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Sabrina sees the wig, as did the rest of us. Well, thank you everybody so much for joining us for our film this week, Bad Hair Day again, not a bad movie, just kind of felt weird as a dcom and we are not giving up on Bad Hair Day yet. This week on our magical rewind feed, we're here with yes Lee Allen Baker herself aka officer Liz, who not only started Bad Hairday, but she produced it, so we're gonna dive even deeper into this buddy comedy. She just keeps getting awesomer and awesomer. Here is a small snippet.
Speaker 3: I did my own stunts in that Carlic when we were driving around. I was driving around and there were literally there was a radio that she would help operate in the car, and there would be a guy this corner being like go, people like go, like go, people like it's gonna stay green green, or it's turned yellow.
Speaker 2: Pushy, pushy, push it.
Speaker 1: I'm literally driving around the body.
Speaker 2: Oh my gods.
Speaker 3: Cameras on different corners, no way.
Speaker 1: So much fun. She was great and thank you everybody. Remember to subscribe to our feed and you can follow us at the Magical rewind Pod on the Instagram machine. By everybody banging