Speaker 1: My name is Clay nukelemb And.
Speaker 2: This is a production of the bear Grease podcast called The bear Grease Rendered, where we render down, dive deeper, and look behind the scenes of the actual bear Grease podcast, presented by f h F Gear, American Maid, purpose built hunting and fishing gear that's designed to be as rugged as the place as we explore.
Speaker 1: Well today is We've got.
Speaker 2: A lot of ground to cover. I'm very excited about all the things we're going to talk about. I'm mainly excited about having Misty Neukomb back on the podcast after.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 3: You have fired.
Speaker 2: While there's a lot of rumors that go around that people get fired from the Render, only like four people.
Speaker 1: Have ever been fired from the Render. I'm just kidding. That was a joke. No one laughed. No one's ever been fired.
Speaker 3: I was curious enough I was one of them that yet.
Speaker 1: No one's ever been fired for the Render.
Speaker 2: Just just people come in and out of availability. People things happen, and they just I mean, like Malachi Nichols. I bet most people don't even remember maybe who Malachi was, but he was an original render cast member and he was with us.
Speaker 3: And one on one of the very early Bear Grease episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean basically like just his job and the amount of time it took to come down in the middle of the day.
Speaker 1: He just couldn't come.
Speaker 2: So Misty's not been fired, she's just been busy, she's been doing stuff.
Speaker 1: So great to have you back. We got to have Gary the Believer of Nu comeback on sometime as well.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought he got fired.
Speaker 2: Well, Dad may have been fired, but we'll rehire him. Uh, we got Josh, We've got Bear John here. But in the toa Covi's hot Seat you have, we have a new new delineation that we're gonna put all our special guests in, which is what we're gonna call the toa Covi's hot Seat. And in case you don't know, I wear I wear Ta Covi's every single day of my life. John Mesco, my dad's the Believers, one of my belie the Believer's best friends, John Mesco. All as a kid, John Mesco wore cowboy boots and I remember him telling me that cowboy boots are the most comfortable shoes in the world if you if you break them in, and I find that to be true. My feet get claustrophobic when I tie shoes. I mean I can pop these shoes off and not even break eye contact, and I can put them back on.
Speaker 3: Break like in case you need to get in bed in a hurry.
Speaker 2: Or I mean, I just I just I'm a boot man. And that's why I'm very proud that to Covis Cove's Boots at Austin, Texas is our new They're they're coming along on the Bear Grease road Show with us. And so we have a chair now for our special guest. And my friend Michael Lanier is in the to Coves hot seat tonight. And if you're listening to not watching, you would see that this rock and chair actually has a pair of to Covis boots on it.
Speaker 1: YEA, so impressive.
Speaker 2: SOI, Michael Michael has been introduced many times as my Jedi master squirrel sensey.
Speaker 4: That is that the title you most like appreciate? Is that, like on your business card is a top of the list.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Actually, the our office lady got me business a business card holder with a squirrel coming out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: All right, wow, so you're an electrician by trade, but but Michael Michael helped me get into the squirrel world, and so he's still he's he's my.
Speaker 1: Jedi master Squirrel.
Speaker 6: Sin say, I wonder if we should clarify what the squirrel world that you've you've gotten into is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's real clear a squirrel has a lot of value to me and Michael when it's being treed by a dog.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Somebody the other day asked me. They said something about going squirrel hunting, and I was like, you bet, and they were like, yeah, we'll take some Scope twenty twos and just kind of slip hunt around. And I kind of looked at him and I was kind of like, dang, man, you know what I don't I probably can't go, I was, I was, I'm double booked, Like a squirrel has value to me, was being treated by a dog. I mean, I value the life of the squirrel and his nobility and wild places. But when he's in my hand, it only means something if he's been treated by a dog. I agree, Sin say, yes, yeah, so big squirrel dog man. Now right now, tell me about your dog situation right now though, Michael, it's pretty bleak.
Speaker 5: Okay, got two young dogs at the house, haven't hardly hunted on them. There'll be a year old this spring. They're barking at yard squirrels and that's about all they know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you go through a lot of squirrel dogs. Yes, you sell.
Speaker 2: I mean Michael's one of these guys, like I've known him to sell a dog, but I've also known him to just kind of hand him off to people.
Speaker 5: I don't mind giving a dog away to a friend if I you know that I get to hunt with later on.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that I could keep you in business with the amount of people coming to me and Bear looking for squirrel dogs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't, I'm out. Yeah, I already have a long line and yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, just check it, just check it out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well another failed business adventure, chucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we're going to talk on this episode about mules. This is this is the mule episode. But before we talk about mules, there's many things we've got to talk about. First of all, in mid February, there is this is a massive announcement. In mid February, Bear John Newcomb is going to be the primary host of a new YouTube channel, What Yes, So so what was formerly known as the Bear Hunting Magazine YouTube channel is going to be the Bear Grease YouTube channel, and we're going to produce weekly content. It's going to be a whole lot of bear going out. It's gonna be YouTube native content. Bears been gathering content for six months. Uh what what what's some of the stuff that'll be on the on the on the channel Bear.
Speaker 7: Well, we've got we've got some squirrel, We've got some a lot of self bow hunts. We've got an elk hunt, a lot of bow making content. Uh, We've got a hawk trapping and training video. I went with my buddy to South Texas and we trapped hawks and then trained them to hunt. Uh so yeah, a lot of up front, we're gonna have a lot of hunts, a lot of self bow stuff. But as we go it'll get it'll get more and more diverse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be super exciting for Barry and I'll be on the channel some too. Uh, Brent will be as well. It's gonna be all things bear Grease, but like in a U tube style channel. So it's going to be really great.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's going to be good. Anything you want to say about that, missy.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, moving on.
Speaker 2: I mentioned last week their last render that I killed a big buck and this is him.
Speaker 3: That thing is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mentioned it.
Speaker 2: I just I just had I had to, I had to show it off. Yeah, this is Jimney Christmas. Jimmy Christmas showed up on Christmas Day and uh, hunting over. I was nott in Oklahoma and uh hunting over supplemental feed showed up on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: Never seen the buck before.
Speaker 2: In my life, and uh it's both season over there till January fifteenth, and uh, man, big deer are are hard to kill over feet. I don't care who you are. If you've never done it, you just don't know how hard they are to kill her feed because you've you've concentrated all the activity to one spot and the deer super leerous stuff like that. And anyway, this deer showed up and he was very sporadic. He only came in like two times during the daytime when I wasn't there, and but I hunted him for a total I think of four and a half days. And on this place be hunt in Oklahoma. When I go down there, I have to camp and it's it's.
Speaker 1: Just a cool place. But this deer has.
Speaker 2: This time right here, is fourteen and six eight inches long, which is a really big time just for a deer. He's only fourteen and a half inches wide though, so he's really narrow.
Speaker 3: It's an impressive rack. Man.
Speaker 1: What did he score? Scored one sixty two and six saints.
Speaker 2: We we actually thought he would score one seventy like me, looks like a well just in pictures and video, and uh, he wasn't a mass. He wasn't a big body deer like when you're judging deer off trail camera pictures, like if the deer's in Kansas or if you if you know that, oh that's a two hundred and twenty pound deer and his rack still looks that big? You know you would, right this deer on a two hundred fifty pound deer, would this rack on two hund fifty pound deer would look entirely different than this rack on one hundred and sixty to one hundred and seventy pound deer.
Speaker 4: It's basically the opposite of people on TV. The camera subtracts ten pounds. Is that what you're trying to say? On a on a trail cam. When you look at a deer, camera subtracts ten.
Speaker 2: Pounds, camera adds ten pounds ten ten inches, okay in this case?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So so we knew. My friend Forrest Teeter, who's the one who named him Jimminy Christmas. I take to him and he said, Jiminy Christmas.
Speaker 1: He about nailed it. I was a little lad.
Speaker 2: I was a little upset with him because he was under he said, he's I said, what do you think that deer scores? And he said one fifty eight? And I was just like, Forrest.
Speaker 1: Bigger than that. My friend Jordan bliss It, who's very good white tail man.
Speaker 3: What did Jordan say?
Speaker 2: Jordan had him figured it between one fifty five and one sixty eight that broad range, I mean three inches is that that broad I thought I was already I think I'm sorry, one sixty five and one one sixty eight.
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: But I kind of talked Jordan into I mean, by the time it was done, we were like, man, that deer probably score one seventy. I said it to several guys that were like, that's one hundred and seventy inch. Year and I was like, I think it is. And uh, when I the first when I measure, I knew the by the first measurement, I would know if it was going to score one seventy. When I measured that main beam, if that main beam was over twenty five inches, I felt like it was going to score one seventy. And the first main beam that I measured was twenty three and six egs or something, and I kind of went, I bet he won't score it. But it's not like it matters. This is this is the biggest deer I've killed in nineteen years. And just I mean, I was like, I mean, just ecstatic. What a killing a big deer that you're hunting and after and just means something to you. It's pretty astonishing the way it makes you feel. I don't understand it. I still don't understand it. I'm forty six years old. I don't understand it. But it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's that buck yep.
Speaker 2: So that brings up the next thing we've got to talk about is Michael and Air texted me the other day.
Speaker 1: Michael's also a.
Speaker 2: Mule man squirrel dog man, but a muleman as well, and he said, what do you think my mule.
Speaker 1: Willard is worth? Oh, that's a trick question, like, yeah, well it's that you could offend somebody.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like, Michael.
Speaker 1: What if I had come back and said, oh, he's Michael, that that mule's worth seventy five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Are you still friends?
Speaker 5: We're still friends, but I don't believe him.
Speaker 2: Well, it would have been offensive. So I never answered Michael.
Speaker 5: I just said I noticed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because just like Forrest Teeters shorted me four inches and I just assumed that that meant he didn't like me as a man. This is what I was going to say to you, and I wanted to have this conversation in person. Is that what a mule's worth and what you can actually get for it are two very different and things because in some markets, like if you had the choice of markets, I would say there's a day when that mule would bring twenty grand And you might say there's a day that he would bring thirty. But I say there's also a day most days he might bring less than that. It's all about the market, like if you're if the market is just people like right here, within an hour and a half of us, it's less. If the market is America, it's more. But how do you reach America?
Speaker 5: So what market are we on today?
Speaker 1: We're in the American market.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 2: What you guys don't know yet is we're actually going to bring Willard in here in a minute and we're look, we're going to auction them off. But tell me what what do you what do you think he's worth?
Speaker 1: Tell us about give us his stats.
Speaker 5: I got a number in my head that I wouldn't take any less for him. I'd just keep him. Okay, Yeah, I like him. He's a fourteen three nine years old horse mule, John mule mail, got a lot of gold, good and rough country. You can shoot off of him. Dogs can crawl all over him. They don't bother him.
Speaker 1: Carry a hog yep, real pretty.
Speaker 2: It's a Palomino mules really well muscled out, vice good good fee.
Speaker 1: Fourteen to three men.
Speaker 2: So a hand is four inches and so fourteen three is I like fifty seven inches or something?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't do the math. Fifty nine is it fifty nine?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's it's it's in the the prime height for a mule. For selling in today's market is going to be between fourteen to two and fifteen maybe fifteen to one. Sometimes out west they want to mule a little taller. Around here, they've don't as much. I would say fourteen three is like primo height. I'd tell you fourteen to two you think a little tall? No, I mean he's I like him, but I'd say fourteen to two. If you were to ask most folks they'd say, I like that hot here, okay, or maybe that's just me, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how long have you had him?
Speaker 5: Three? Four years? Maybe three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd have to go back and look at some pictures.
Speaker 1: He's a really sharp looking mule.
Speaker 3: Yeah greatly.
Speaker 2: Well are you gonna tell us what you want for the mule? Yeah, well I'll tell you what. Let's let's go ahead and bring him in and uh and then and then we'll we'll talk about it. So let's go get him. Okay, don't let tebo run between his legs. Okay, Michael, give us a tell us about this mule.
Speaker 5: Well, he's fourteen three nine years old horse mule, John mule. You can shoot off of him, dogs, don't bother him. Backs out of the trailer. Good, got a good stop.
Speaker 1: Safe.
Speaker 5: He's safe, but he's got a lot of go. Like, yeah, he's he's ready to go. I wouldn't put Grandma on him at all.
Speaker 2: He's got a really beautiful confirmation, like top end confirmation he's got. He's got a nice small head. Sometimes the mules get really big heads. He's kind of got a head like a horse. He's that palamino color which is really sought after. And uh just just got like good muscle tone, big shoulders, nice withers. So the withers is the the basically the top of the shoulder right there, and mules typically have small shoulders and no weathers, so the saddle slides forward. I'd say he's got really good withers and so you're gonna have less trouble with your saddle sliding forward with him. But just like super athletic, he'll jump up on rocks and rock crawl and do all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: If you like to get your picture taken on a rock, he's your mule. Yep, he'll back out of the trailer.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: You shoot a forty four magnum off of him.
Speaker 5: Yep, he'll lope right off. He's got a nice low lope to him.
Speaker 2: But he's he's he's got a lot of energy, which is good. I mean, like there's there there's a version of a mule where one is just kind of a deadhead, where I mean you'd just be like prodinent to go, it'd be super safe and it'd just be trudging along. This mule is like a quarter horse. I mean, he's wanting to go where you point him, He's gonna go yep. And uh so that's why you said, you know, would you put a kid on this mule?
Speaker 1: You absolutely could put a kid on that mule. But it's not like the mule is gonna buck the kid off.
Speaker 2: But but this mule is gonna it's like putting a kid behind a corvette. Yeah, I mean it's like, yeah, he could your kid could drive the corvette, but I'm I mean he might give it the spurs and right. Yeah, I mean that's probably a decent analogy.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to stay any for him to keep up with everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and nine years old is about pro when they're in their prime prime, like you, the working life of that mule is going to be i'd say at least twenty five years. They'll live longer than that, most likely the working life I was in. I was in Utah with McLean Meekham a month ago and we rode a mule eighty miles through super rough country last day. Asked him, use the hell's that mule? He said, twenty five years old?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: For real?
Speaker 2: So before I mean from like six to nine years old is like prime selling age, Like this is a young mule. Like this mule is just now coming into his prime. I would say, and uh.
Speaker 1: This mule has been squirrel hunted off of a ton, which is scrawling. Is good for him? I mean just a.
Speaker 2: Lot of activity, a lot of dogs, a lot of shooting, a lot of yelling, a lot of hooping and hollering people. So somebody could buy this mule. We got to figure out how they can contact us. But I mean, this mule is for sale. If you want a top end going Arkansas, dad, gum mule, this is your mule, yep. And it ain't gonna be cheap.
Speaker 5: It is not gonna be cheap. No. What I would say, if you've never wrote a mule, never owned a mule, and say I want to buy this mule, be my first mule don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. This is not a beginner mule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this this mule is for somebody who's really wanting to go, really wanting to use them, wanting to wanting a top end mule. And I've ridden with this mule. I would I would put my full weight behind anything. Michael says, I've ridden with this mule a lot. What would you take for it?
Speaker 5: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 5: Yep, dude, I want I wish.
Speaker 1: He would have talked to me before he said that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that he could get a lot more than that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was. Actually I'm shocked at that number.
Speaker 5: I'm good with fifteen.
Speaker 2: We'll take twenty for the mule, Okay, contact me directly. No, I think I think you'll sell that mule all day anywhere in the country for fifteen.
Speaker 5: Somebody whoever wants to buy. If somebody was wanting to buy and they need to come riding, we just need to go riding.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now he's he's beautiful. He really is.
Speaker 2: He's a top, top notch mule. Willard is his name, Willard?
Speaker 1: Yep, Willard.
Speaker 6: Well, awesome, he's kind of a messy eater.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit of a messy eater.
Speaker 5: His teeth were floated last year, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need to do it to Covi's mule sale on the podcast, bringing a mule every episode. Well maybe not every episode, but.
Speaker 1: Oh for real, Michael, I actually thought.
Speaker 2: You were gonna say I'd take twenty three thousand dollars for this mule. Nope, okay, that you sell that mule all day for fifteen. But it's to the right people. Yeah, I mean it's to somebody that's a that's an outfitter that's wanting something.
Speaker 1: Really to go.
Speaker 2: These guys around here that hog hunt on mules that really want to go in a working animal. I mean that mule would just be as good as they make. But yeah, he's beautiful. Well okay, so Josh, how can we how can people get in touch with us? Let's give him an email. Don't let Tebow run out through that mule's legs while it's bad. Puppy, get back. We've got another dog coming in here. Get back, dog. Sorry, we got a dog trying to come in behind this mule. Send send your queries to Josh at the.
Speaker 1: Metheater dot com and he will get you in touch with Michael in there. Okay, So you don't think your wife's gonna be happy about this.
Speaker 5: No, she will not. Why because she feels like I'll regret selling that mule, which's probably right. I mean I will have some regret. He's a good mule.
Speaker 2: Why okay, why are you selling the meals? So if I didn't know you, i'd say, why are you selling the mule?
Speaker 5: Because I want to buy another mule, a younger mayor mule. Just start riding it. I've got another mule I just bought back in May, and I've been riding her a lot. I haven't wrote him since I don't know when, four or five months. Maybe. Well, I just don't feel like, well you.
Speaker 1: You did, you did right? You have ridden him since then? Did you take him squirrel hunting the other day?
Speaker 5: No? I rode my new mule Phyllis. Okay, yeah, I rode her like six out of eight days.
Speaker 1: What days? What did you ride the other days?
Speaker 5: We rode hunting?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I was thinking you rode him six out of eight days that I was riding mules.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, uh so you says, it's not like she likes Willard. She just you just think she just thinks you're gonna regret selling him. Correct, Yeah, yeah, okay, but I.
Speaker 5: Mean they just got my my kids got me a black and white picture, oh to hang up in the new house for Christmas. Oh yeah, it's just kind of he's been around a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you think, Bear, you think you should sell it?
Speaker 7: I mean it sounds like it might be the move if you can't, you know, if you don't have the time to ride a bunch of mules.
Speaker 2: Well, Michael's kind of an animal. He's kind of a he moves through a lot of animals do, and and they're always good. Are There's some people that move through animals that you're like, you don't want to get something from him. Michael's not that guy. Michael's moving through stuff just because he loves them, and he's and he's he's kind of shuffling dogs around to different people and training dogs and different stuff. And I kind of feel like this is partly why I brought you here. I feel like this kind of, you know, psychologically, you're just kind of you've you've you've used up Willard.
Speaker 1: Okay, in in in the in in in your heart.
Speaker 3: It's just there's no space in your heart for Willard.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've had him, you know what he can do, and you're just ready to move on.
Speaker 3: Is it a midlife crisis that you're trying to get a younger model? No, okay, just.
Speaker 5: Checking the mule I'm riding now is six?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, there is something to be said for riding a mule like Easy. Like when I get on Easy, who I've now had for nine years or so, it's it loses some of the excitement. Now there's a satisfaction that comes from just a animal that you just know what's gonna happen. Right, But half of the fun of riding a mule is is training it, seeing it develops, seeing it grow, and a little bit of that just uncertainty even. And so when you have one that you just know what's going to happen, you're less likely to just run out there and saddle it up and ride around. I mean, so I'm the same way I would. I like to have one up and coming, you know, not all the time, but fair bit of the time.
Speaker 3: Michael, did you grow up riding mules?
Speaker 5: Horses?
Speaker 3: Horses?
Speaker 5: I got into mules when was it. When did you make that one hundred dollars squirrel.
Speaker 2: Hunt dollar squirrel video would have been like twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: So I probably started riding mules in twenty fifteen, okay, year before that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many meals do you think you've owned since then?
Speaker 5: So I got three now probably six seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's not like you just cycled through thirty meals.
Speaker 5: Now. Some of them came and went really quick. They're pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, well that that is.
Speaker 1: A really nice mule. That is a nice, very nice mual. For sure.
Speaker 2: Bear's been training his meal yep, slow trap all slow trapm about this week.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna try and shoot off of them for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna go hunt. We're gonna go hunt. Try to take it on his first big squirrel hunt.
Speaker 2: Well that brings up let's talk about this episode. So on the first when I first started bear Grease was I wrote out twenty six potential Beargrease episodes with the intent to mock out a year of barg grease because the Beargrease Proper documentary comes out, you know, every two weeks, So twenty six a year and on the list, high on the list was a mule episode with ty Evans five years ago.
Speaker 1: I actually talked to Tye.
Speaker 2: On the phone five years ago and we were we were like going back and forth on how to record with him. I mean we were just I was just like just that close to pulling the trigger and there was some issues. Well we just couldn't. I couldn't go up there at that moment. And so this has been in the works for a long time. Ty and I went and in Mountainline hunted with acclaim meekum Uh in Utah in December.
Speaker 1: So I was with Tie for a week up there.
Speaker 2: And in that week, you know, on the eppic so, Tye said that we had ridden sixty eight miles. We actually ended up riding over eighty, not counting the it's hard to describe it. He talked about he ponied some mules for a ways like that. I wasn't with him. That's the reason he was saying he had a few more miles than me, which was true. But by the time we got done, we actually rode eighty miles in five days and it was, oh my goodness, it was. It was a lot and through rough, rough country like we were on trails occasionally, but mainly just just following dogs, you know. And so just being there that week with Tye is when I really heard the full story of his really transformation, that's a good word to use to describe it, from the way he used to train, which he grew up in this training family and his dad was a mule and horse trainer, and so the cowboy way of breaking a horse or mule is just that just go grab a grab a wild mustang off the range, rope it, put it in a corral, catch it, put a saddle on it, get on it, and just buck it out. I mean that's kind of that's an exaggerated, shortened version, but I mean that's kind of what the cowboy way was, and that's the way a lot of horse training, mule training was done for generations and still still is done by many people.
Speaker 1: And it does work.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is that it actually does produce an animal that you can ride and that can be safe. But these these guys practicing natural horsemanship started coming around, and it's not like one person just discovered this, Like, it wasn't Buck Brandnaman just all on his own. He was one that became really famous for it, and well known Pat Parelli, Ray Hunt, the Dornce Brothers, many others. I mean, I'm not even qualified to start name dropping these names, but these are the people that that that started this natural horsemanship stuff where you actually started to try to understand the way a horse or mule fought as opposed to just inflicting, you know, kind of your will on this animal.
Speaker 1: It is. It was really wild. We watched the Kids documentary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I love that documentary.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It's quite moving.
Speaker 1: It is the yeah, the Buck documentary.
Speaker 6: And that was before we had mules. I mean, that was before we were people. And at that time we watched it and and we're it was. It was very moving.
Speaker 1: Anybody could watch it and it would be massively interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 1: You watched it.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. Yeah, you watched it, Josh.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, back in the day, Yeah, Buck brandonman, Yeah, Well, what what stood out to y'all in the episode? So I was, I was, I was in it deep neck deep with tie. What stood out to y'all.
Speaker 1: Listening to it? Just cold turkey? Who who will go first?
Speaker 5: Lad?
Speaker 1: We're I can go first? Okay? Like this.
Speaker 7: That was a lot because as many people know, I've been working with Slow Trap and he's been the first mule that I've ever trained, but I trained him using the natural horsemanship. I went over to uh uh eld Mid Yeah, and he kind of showed me the ropes on that pressure and release, kind of learned the fundamental principles of it. And then I trained Slow Trap this summer and could really see the you know, really kind of saw that unfold, like what it really looks like. And the biggest thing that I noticed was what Tye was saying was that you can't ask that mule to be something that you're not and it it. It really made sense to me after training Slow Trap that like if you know, like when a lot of my flaws would reflect in his behavior pretty much. Shaggy hair, yeah he doesn't. He does need a haircut right now, so just his so did his partner bears.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: But I really liked the podcast because it kind of displayed a lot of those principles and I think they're they're really powerful principles just in life. Like after training Slow Trap, I kind of looked at the way that I did everything differently, Like I looked at the way that I looked I made bows differently. I mean I saw that, like the the Boa, my bows that I was making in a lot of ways were a reflection of me as a craftsman. Like if I was taking shortcuts, that bow was going to take shortcuts, and it was you know, it wasn't going to perform the way he needed to. And then it, you know, it just kind of like rippled out through all the areas of my life. But I really liked the episode because it's a it's a it's a really it's a good way, like you can really understand it with the mules whenever you're training an animal. It but that principle kind of can ripple all through your life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think that's the the thing and that I think that's what stood out about even when we watched the Buck film a long time ago, is this whole idea that you can't expect people, you can't ask people to do what you've not to become who you've not become. And and I think as a parent that that is a super important concept. I'm an educator in education, you can apply that principle. You can really apply it. You can apply it anywhere. And and I think that that's that's what was really meaningful to me. You and I talked about this whenever you came back, and you were easy as the first maybe the first or second mule you ever trained, the.
Speaker 1: First when I fully trained.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she's she's she's sassy.
Speaker 1: She's sassy, she's sassy.
Speaker 6: And uh and and I think that that probably is a reflection of you know, Clay's a little Sassy's true, but I'm not not not even that You're just you were probably a little shorter with Izzy. It's kind of interesting watching you Traine Banjo, watching Izzy, watching Bear train, work with Banjo, and work with this with slow Trap. You know, Slow Trap. We joke around that he's practically a dog, like he'll come to a whistle's he's yeah, he's he's pretty funny as a mule. He's not a.
Speaker 1: He's super general, super.
Speaker 6: General, super laid back. Barry answers to his name.
Speaker 1: Uh, kind of like be kind.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And it's just it's it's just kind of interesting and and it brings up I just thought the podcast brought up a lot of, you know, bigger ideas that whole thing of you have to you have to change, you have to transform to get the people around you to transform, the people that you're leading to transform. And I think that was such a big principle inside of parenting, like you can't ask your kids to be well behaved, well, I think if you're you know, angry and all that. But I also think there's a there's the podcast. It's something else I thought was kind of interesting that I wasn't expecting. And that was the part about just kind of putting putting away the ways that you're you're maybe the past, yeah, coming into new ways of doing things and yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: And I think that those two things can merge really well, even inside of our lives, you know, like there would be things that we would have done in the past that we wouldn't do anymore, right, I mean, I think it's a I think it's a good it's a good podcast to think about those things.
Speaker 1: So the so this book.
Speaker 2: I talked about this book and I didn't really mention the significance that it had in the industry, but this book evidence based horsemanship.
Speaker 1: I believe I've got it right here. Where is it?
Speaker 2: I've got it somewhere here it is steps on myself. This book right here, Evidence Based Horsemanship. Before I ever had meals, I read that book. A guy just mentioned it and was like, hey, you should read it, and I did, and a whole premise.
Speaker 1: Of it was the way that the.
Speaker 2: Equine industry has been trained in animals is just not the right way, and so you're going to have to, like, you know, going back to that one quote about just because you know it's been done this way for for fifty years, doesn't negate that it could be done wrong for fifty years. And this, Oh, I could talk about that book. I could talk about that book forever. But the thing that I remember from this is that humans look at something and we assume that it thinks like us. And this neuroscientist talks about how a horse or mule doesn't have a place in his brain to like you or dislike you, like like I like, or dislike Josh he and they actually talk about the brain science of a horse and mule have these huge brains, but most of it is for control of actual physical elements of the body to control all these muscles, like you need a bigger hard drive to be able to control twelve hundred pounds of muscle, and the frontal lobe of the horse or the mule is very small, and a human frontal lobe is very big. And all the things that make us human that you know, like our ability to reason, our ability to love, our ability to think about spiritual things like to me, like the breath of God that makes us human. Like where that stuff happens, a lot of it is registered in in the frontal lobe of a human and a horse just basically doesn't have one, or has a small one. And uh so when you go out in the pasture, like a common thing in the equine world would be like, oh, that horse doesn't like me. And basically this book is like that horse doesn't have an option in its brain to like you or dislike you. What he is focused on is security, uh leadership. I mean, an equine animal has one question to answer when you walk up to it, and it's the only language that it knows is who's in charge. It's like if if I had, if if the simplicity of my operating capacity as a human, it basically was just one thing, Like I would walk up to every person I met and I would go who's in charge? You were me, who's in charge? You were me like, that's the only question I have And I mean, in a way, that's the way an equine animal is. And when you set the tone for you being the leader, it's fine with that. But if you don't answer that question, you're going to have problems. And then and then obviously every animal is a little bit different when we're going to be harder. But but this, this book dispels a ton of myths about training. And this is not all about natural horsemanship, but it kind of bleeds into what Brandaman and and uh all these guys were talking about. But uh, yeah, and you talking about Isy. This first mule that I trained, my insecurity as a trainer translated into me being really harsh with her, not like not like abusive, but just harsh like when she didn't do what I wanted. Honestly, I was intimidated by that. And so rather than like finding a better way, a better way to ask it a question, essentially, in training, you're asking an animal a question. You're saying, will you turn to the right, will you turn to the left? Will you follow my leadership? And basically my intimidation with not really understanding the animals. When it wouldn't do what I wanted, I would just come in harder with the same question, and finally it would do it. But my intensity would rise so much so would hers, and all of a sudden you had this like massive tension.
Speaker 1: And to this day is these like that. Part of it's probably just.
Speaker 2: Her nature, but part of it absolutely goes back to her training. Yeah, and she's become a really a mule that I love and can do anything on the world on. But your animal reflects what you put out and what I take away from it, what I've learned inside of training an animal.
Speaker 1: Is this the energy that we put out as people.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean sometimes using that phraseology might sound like something weird or something.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about something.
Speaker 2: I'm literally talking about the the energy that we put out just with our personality, the way we speak, our blood pressure, like being high or low, I mean affects people around us. And uh and and Ty talked about being flat. Actually I can't remember if on this episode that you're not, But man, when you're around an equine animal, it's like being able to just like drop your blood press, just drop your expectations and it helps so much. But I think there's we can't ask an animal to be something that you're not. Can't yell at your kids and tell them to calm down, while you yourself are yelling at your kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not calm Well, it makes me, It makes me think a lot. We talk with with new teachers a lot about control because because like you were describing yourself with Izzy, control is like a new teacher is insecure. They don't. I mean, it's the scariest thing you've ever done, is stand up in front of a group of teenagers and or preschoolers and ask them to do what I mean. It's just terrifying. And because you don't know if they're gonna do it or not, and that they feel it, they know it, and they know that that you are and and your tendency is to grasp for greater control in those moments. It's like I feel insecure, and so I'm gonna I'm gonna try to hold this tighter, I'm gonna be more and I'll get it and it it just never works. It never works. The the kids respond to the person.
Speaker 1: Who's who's certainty con.
Speaker 6: Yeah, confidence, certainty and also just what you're putting on them. Like they don't your respect for them. Yeah, yeah, no, I mean your respect for them. It's like, yeah, sometimes you just need law in order, but sometimes you just need to hear, give them a voice, let them hear what they have to say. You don't need to just control every single thing. And so yeah, sometimes if you put that on them, if you your control and your desire to to manage them, if you put that on them, they're going to buck against that. You have to kind of respect who they are and respect that this is their space as well. And and let's all let's hear what you've got to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought I thought that point because Time made that same point. Yea said, they can see they know when you know, and they know when you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the truth. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Whatever, you're riding a mule, if you give it anything, it'll it'll take everything. Yeah, because it's just like if you put someone in like whenever I first started riding mules, you know, I wasn't too strict on what the you know, whenever they'd eat grass or something, and then throughout the ride they'd start eating more and more and more, and then you'd kind of lose control of them. Because they don't want to stop every time. Yeah, they see grass to eat, right. I thought that was a was an interesting point.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that was good, Michael. What stood out to you?
Speaker 5: The leadership part of it stood out to me. I mean I've seen it within companies where you know, whoever's running it, if they're not the best to work for, not the best to be around. You know, say they're a screamer, maybe they're not very confident, so they just you know, just jump up and down to try to get their point across that. It just it trickles down to everybody around them.
Speaker 6: M m yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about with what about with mules?
Speaker 2: Did you like there wasn't any real specific meal training stuff. I get we weren't really like trying to teach people how to train a mule necessarily, but I don't know, did you do you hear anything that stood out to you?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll listen to the you know, he said make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard. Yeah, And I was a little bit like I don't completely understand that, Like I get making the right thing easy, yeah, but if you walk up and you're wanting your meal to jump up on that rock and you, you sit there and spend it in circles, go around the rock five hundred times, I mean an hour later. I mean making that right thing easy would be me putting the spurs in its ribs until it gets up on that rock. Yeah, I mean, I don't know if that. I have no idea what he's trying to say there, Like what would the wrong thing?
Speaker 2: Well, here's here's the best example that i've got. And Tie, if you were here, I have no doubt he could give us many great examples. But like when they he told me one time that he had a mule. I can't remember the exact scenario forgive me, tye, but like there was a mule that was worried about going through a gate, and every time they got to the gate, the mule would start to get kind of watchy and and and wanting to not go through it. And so he started riding like big circles around the arena. And every time he would get to the gate, he would try to stop to let the mule rest in the zone that it was nervous, and if it was nervous and uneasy, he'd just ride it again and and and basically, the right thing to do was to be confident and go through the gate. And he made it hard everywhere else but the gate. You see what I'm saying, Does that make sense? That's may not be the exactly what he did, but that would be one example of it. And it's it is a lot easier to visualize making the right thing easy. And that's one of the biggest thing with riding these animals is and and I make this mistake probably every time I ride, but you can tell for sure when somebody's doesn't know what they're doing. They asked the mule to do something that the mule is not going to do, and then and then the mule doesn't do it, and then the mule is like, well, this guy's not in charge because he told me to do that, I didn't do it, and now we're just riding up the trail, you know. And and so that's when I ride with new people, I'm just like, whatever you ask it to do, make sure it does it. From small things to just going around the tree, to backing up to stopping to going into a.
Speaker 1: Trot or just whatever.
Speaker 2: Just make sure that the commands that you give are clear and that you make the animal follow through with what you've asked it to do, and it's not hard on it. But like Bear said, you put a kid on even a good mule, you can put a kid. You could put a kid on a fifteen thousand dollars mule and by in two hours, in twenty minutes, that mule might just be wandering around doing what it wanted do. I mean, just because it's they're very perceptive of a mule, will will elevate and lower to the skill of the rider.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot of.
Speaker 2: Mule guys say that that when you're selling the mule, you're like, I mean, you got to make sure the person that's riding the mule knows what's going on, you know, and.
Speaker 1: So but anything else say out to you, Michael.
Speaker 5: Or Josh, something did well.
Speaker 4: I I when I listened to it, I've I had a great appreciation for just tie his process into the whole thing, you know, watching his dad break horses and horses the cowboy way, and I have really great appreciation for someone who can watch that and not condemn it, but also watch that and then and then find ways to do it better, Like as a father. You know, I look back and I made some I made some boneheaded mistakes raising my kids, and I want my kids, you know, I think there's a lot of people who, like, I want my kids to raise raise their kids like I did. I want my kids to do it better than I did. And I think ty was able to say, hey, that worked for a time, but there's a better way, and not condemn that, but be able to just take these new things that he observed and that he learned. I appreciate how he applied himself to learning something different, something that other people hadn't done in the past, and became successful with it. I mean, that's the thing that makes people stand out that I think that really shows the character of who Tye is. And I think that's the thing that really stood out to me the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a hard thing to do something different. I mean, I guess there's some version of fatherhood and sonhood or just parents where you know, there's some people out there that would say, oh, I knew for sure I was not going to do things like my mom and dad did. But it's not even about father and son. It's more about what's the cultural norm for the way things are done and what it could be.
Speaker 1: In electrical work.
Speaker 2: It could be in training mules, it could be in hunting, it could be in business, it could be.
Speaker 1: But just to be able to have enough.
Speaker 2: Overarching perspective to see that something's being done like completely the wrong way and be able to transform to somebody. To me, that's what always appealed to me about natural horsemanship is that it was just like so different. And uh it was kind of cool though to see tie uh and to to see him, Uh he was a bronk rider before, which being a bronc rider literally is you're purposely getting onto the back of an untrained animal, right and bucking with it just because it's fun. And uh, I know when I was making videos about training mules, uh nine years ago, a bucking mule video does better than a non bucking mule video. And so I trained is he and my version, you know, just the best way I knew how. But it was very heavily influenced by several of these natural horsemanship guys.
Speaker 1: And she never bucked.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know when it finally came to get on her, you know, I remember I did this countdown on YouTube. Oh it was good, Michael, where I was like, Okay, I've trained her trained or trainer trainer. Today, I'm getting on her for the first time, and I did this countdown one or you know, ten nine eight, and I'm I'm, you know, like holding onto the saddle and kind of shaking the saddle and slapping her on the back letting her know I'm about to get on. And you know, the viewer is just thinking, oh, this sucker is just gonna buck him off when he gets on there, and you know, I throw my leg over and she just kind of sits there, does nothing, won't even move and I get off, and I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like probably probably didn't go viral.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best videos on the former Bear Honey magazine now Bear Grease channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got like multiple millions of yous.
Speaker 2: Actually, but but Bear kind of ran into the same thing he was. He was making some videos of training slow Trap, and Slow Trap did the exact same thing. So, I mean, Ty was saying, it's kind of fun when they buck. But if you're buying an animal from somebody, I wouldn't want to buy one that they bucked out. No, I would want to buy one that never bucked.
Speaker 1: Up kicking his life.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: But who trained Willard H.
Speaker 5: Warren Campbell owned him. That's who I bought him from. And I believe he took him to an Amish guy to get him started, and then Warren wrote him. He wrote him a lot like that's where he got his name Willard from the Amish.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Amish called him Willard.
Speaker 5: Warren told me he went to tie the mule up at the Amish guy's place and he was talking to the guy and his the son, the Almish son come riding his bike down the driveway, stopped and skid, you know, turned his bike real sharp right there by the mule. And the guy was like, now, Willard, you can't be doing that. Yeah, and so Warren would tell the story better. But I believe that.
Speaker 1: So Warren was like, this mule's name is Willard. Yeah, that's a great that's good. That's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a good name, Willard, Willard. Well this I hope these episodes have been entertaining for people that aren't into equine animals. I know, before I was into equine animals, I was interested, yeah, in horses and mules, just kind of from a spectator.
Speaker 1: Position, you know.
Speaker 2: And but but no, Ty Evans it just salt of the Earth guy, just fantastic guy. And uh, we're going to try to get him to come to Northwest Arkansas and do a clinic. He can't do it this year, he's already booked up, but potentially in twenty seven.
Speaker 1: He said he would do it.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this. Whenever he's talking about making a bridal mule, I mean his level of commit commitment six to eight years. Yes, what I mean, I don't know what a bridle horse or bridle mule is, but yeah, I mean that's a lot of a lot of time in one animal.
Speaker 2: I mean I probably know just a touch more than you because we talked about it while we were in Utah. But that term a bridle horse actually means something. It's a category of training for a for a horse that basically just it's it's a series you go from different bits.
Speaker 1: You go from like this bit a hack, this bit.
Speaker 5: I think it's a hack to a snaffle to solid Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure, something like that. It's a progression.
Speaker 2: And then but by the time one is a bridal mule, that it's just the Cadillac of all animals in terms of control, safety, and yeah, very few people make bridle ms today, you know that are actually like finishing them out to that, And that's what he's trying to do with And not everybody wants a bridle mule.
Speaker 6: A highly trained, responsive rancher show horse, typically developed over several years using the traditional VCO method. The extensive process involves transitioning through different stages of headgear, results in a finely tuned animal that could be ridden with subtle cues and often with one hand on a loose train. The ultimate goal is a reliable partner for ranch work and competition, capable of complex maneuvers with minimal guidance. Also, it could be referring to bridle mule a bridle horse, a horse used in weddings, But I think he's talking.
Speaker 5: About I don't think that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: Those are the two options I got.
Speaker 1: Are the mules that are could you call time two thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: What mules are selling for ninety thousand dollars? Well, okay, the there was a mule.
Speaker 2: At chrome in the canyon. So McClain Meekham and his son Hunter are the ones who put on that chrome in the canyon. Sale in Bryce Canyon, Utah. And last year they had a mule sell for ninety thousand dollars. And what I know about the deal is that there was just some there were two people that just really wanted that mule. Okay, I mean the mules was a fantastic mule, but I think it's public knowledge that the mule was sold for way less than that, like a year before at a different sale or two years before. Okay, So the mule was super gentle, super well trained, in the prime of its life. It was a curly haired mule. There's some there's some cross of a mule where they get a little curl in their hair, which is unique, it's not unheard of. And and just two people got in a bidding war and they had plenty of.
Speaker 6: Money values the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 2: So but that I don't want to take anything away from that mule, the mules that are selling for Every mule cell has a different thing like and it's it's Yeah, what I've learned is that every mule cell has a different specialty. And I'm a little bit afraid to say what those are because I'm not sure if we say that out louder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh do you think we should talk about speaking of curly hair. Should we talk about Clay's hair?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Should we talk about bears hair? We've been talking about my hair. But your hair is out of control. I would say.
Speaker 3: It is a little I mean, it's been a lot of years since we've seen you that much hair.
Speaker 1: What do you think I should do? Josh, just let her go or cut it?
Speaker 3: I'm a bit torn, you know.
Speaker 4: I I like to keep my hair pretty close cropped, but I also don't have a head of hair like that, you know, so maybe maybe like.
Speaker 1: Just caught in the crosshairs of indecision.
Speaker 4: Well, I think on the outside I would be like, yeah, you definitely need to get your hair cut and be respectable. But maybe on the inside I think, man if I had hair like that, I'd probably grow it out. Okay, really, I just yeah, he keeps the hair, keeps the hair you wanted to keep the hair.
Speaker 6: There's a day in Clay's life where he's not going to have that beautiful frock of hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that that dude's cut some things.
Speaker 2: Michael Lanier met me on the street the other day and Prayer Grove, we just randomly were walking down the street in downtown Pray Grove, Arkansas, and Michael was there. We didn't know, and I'm pretty sure the first thing he said to me was, you need a haircut.
Speaker 5: We're right outside the barber.
Speaker 1: And see when my Jedi master says that, I have to kind of take it into consideration. But Michael would be the guy that would say, get haircut.
Speaker 3: At what point, Like, are you like, Okay, Clay, that's enough.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'll know it when when we get there. I mean, he's got he's got some great hair. I've got a vision for it right now. I think it is given some you know, nostalgic vibes. This is kind of what Clay's hair look like, except for where all the gray is. It was frost tips, you know, in the nineties when we were dating. Uh, so maybe there's some of that there.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to the Arctic for in a couple of months, well less than in a month that half. Yeah, and I'll tell you what a lot of hair does keeps you warm?
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We'll just see, we'll see what happens. Clay's hair has historically grown out rather than down, you know. And so there's a point where if it gets far enough out, it's like let's let's let's do something. But right now I think I think, I'm I'm pleased with what I see.
Speaker 3: Wow, we're getting a real window into your marriage.
Speaker 1: What more can be said?
Speaker 3: What more can be I'm just gonna let my mustache go?
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, you definitely should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, how's it felt been in the Ta Covi's hot seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, I mean you had to nail down the price on your mule. Yeah. Wait, and thanks for coming here. We are going to give you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get to to pick out a new pairt of Takvis.
Speaker 1: So there's a store here in Northwest Arkansas, and.
Speaker 2: I've got a box. I've got a box of Ta COB's right here. But we're gonna let you pick out the kind of boots you want. And I had to talk Michael into coming. Yeah, he wasn't gonna come. And I was like, come on, man, you gotta come. You gotta come to bring Willard. We'll get your pair of to Covis.
Speaker 4: And so he was like you had met Yeah, what kind of what kind are you gonna get?
Speaker 1: Just a pair of leather boots just like cowboy boots. Wait for just.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, great styles you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there's your your gift certificate right there there. It is your Covi's boots. And uh, I think we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna have to work on that. That handoff of the box a little bit best. That needs to look better.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, well man, I'm excited about this episode.
Speaker 1: It's been good.
Speaker 2: And uh, don't forget about the Beargers YouTube channel. It's not it's not launched yet. It's gonna launch in mid February, but we're gonna go ahead and start talking about Let me go ahead and say one more thing. I'm going to open up the next render talking about this. If I've seen the little, hazy eyed and distant the last two and a half years, it's possible because I've been working on a book for the last two and a half years, behind the scenes, in the dark corner time, in the dark corners of of this office, when no one's watching.
Speaker 1: I've been writing a book.
Speaker 2: On February the first, the manuscript for that book is due first, the original manuscript, and so me and my team we will be submitting a basically ninety thousand word manuscript of the book American Bear, which is still over a year from being able to be purchased.
Speaker 1: But I'm just so excited about it. I really am. I might just quit.
Speaker 6: Life, not live everything.
Speaker 1: I might just retire after the book's out. Bear can take over, just trade mules and I like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he's not going to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about the book.
Speaker 4: I've gotten to see a little bit of a window into it, and folks, it's going to be good.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: It's it's there's never been a I can say with certainty and not with with any kind of sense of pride, but there's just not ever been a book written.
Speaker 1: About this like this.
Speaker 2: It's about the American Black Bear, but it's an untold story. Nobody's ever told it like this. So I'm excited.
Speaker 3: It'll fly off the shelves. I just know.
Speaker 2: Will Well, there will come a day when I petition those who listen to bear grease too. Yeah, exactly, like all those all those years, come help me buy this book. So start saving up your pennies because in twenty twenty seven, a year from.
Speaker 3: Now, to buy a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, start saving up your pennies.
Speaker 2: Or if you've got more money than that and want a mule Josh at the mediator dot com. Michael would take fifteen grand for the mule, but you're gonna have to come to Arkansas and pick it.
Speaker 1: Up and ride it. Serious inquiries only. No traders, Yeah, no traders. We ain't trading. We ain't trading you nothing but green backs, green.
Speaker 3: Backs, straight up benjamins.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And no tire kickers.
Speaker 3: That's right, because I'm going to be fielding all the tire kickers.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going to need a compar to Covis and a dealer.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thanks everybody. Keep the wild places wild because
Speaker 1: That's where the bears live