Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From New York City, the only city in America.
Speaker 1: It's the show that you sent you news. This's the Daily Show with your host charlemagnea Gun. Hey, welcome to the Daily Show. I'm your host, Charlamagne to God. Hello. Now you probably remember me as the host of the other Comedy Central show, God's Honest Truth. And if you don't remember, well, that's probably why I got canceled. Yeah, yeah, you should have watched. But I'm super excited to be here. Okay, that's right. We've got a great show for you tonight. So let's get into some headlines. Let's begin with some major updates from the twenty twenty four election. In the Republican race, former Vice President Mike Pince announced that he is ending his campaign. That's right, Mike Pinch dropped out to spend more time in a separate bedroom from his wife. I won't say, though, is it really ending your campaign? And your campaign never got off the ground to begin with. It's like turning down sex when you have a wrecked out dysfunction, Like the choice was made for you already, my guy. I'll be honest. I feel bad for Mike pinch. His shot at the White House was over the moment he decided to do the right thing and not overturn the election. He had to get the same people that's right, give him some role a part of that. Yeah, he had to get the same people who wanted to hang him to hire him. I mean, for God, though Christian Mike piskeets a lot. But Republicans decide and they don't want to run against Donald Trump. After all, is not a surprise. What is a surprise is that there's finally a Democrat running against Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden is facing a challenge from a member of his own party.
Speaker 4: Democratic Congressman Dean Phillips of Minnesota has entered the twenty twenty four race for the White House.
Speaker 5: I think President Biden has done a spectacular job for our country, but it's not about the past. This is an election about the future.
Speaker 3: Phillips, a fifty four year old former business executive, believes President Biden is on pace to lose to former President Donald Trump and needs to be challenged for the Democratic nomination.
Speaker 5: I in the Democratic candidate who can win, who can win the twenty twenty four election, So I say our time is now, and I say, and let's say it all together. What's my slogan?
Speaker 1: One two three? Everyone's invited. Listen, you can't do a call and response on day one in your campaign. No one knows what your slogan is, because what do I always say? On account of three? Say it with me one two three. That's right, you don't know what I always say because it's my first day. Now. A lot of Democrats are upset that someone is challenging Joe Biden, which is weird because they're always talking about how democracy is in peril. Now this guy's like, well, i'll run too, and they're like, no, we don't mean democracy and the Democratic Party. So I think it's good that they've got someone running against Biden. Even if you support Biden, you should want them to get some practice in the ring because so far, outside of Trump, Biden's toughest opponent has been Gravity. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, we should be glad Biden is getting challenged. Okay, I don't know if this is the guy though. The first time I hear about you shouldn't be when you're running for the highest office in the land. Sure, Trump didn't have full of experience, but at least I saw him on TV. And I don't need Dean Phillips to be a celebrity, but he should at least go on one episode and nked in the phege just one Okay. Now, the reason Dean Phillips is the only serious Democrat running against Joe Biden is that the bigger names is staying out, like Gavin Newsom, Governor of California, in Dallas Store American Cycle. A lot of people think he would be a good candidate, and after what happened with him on a trip to China over the weekend, I would definitely want to see him, right, The.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles Times says California Governor Gavin Newsom visited China, where he fouled out during a photo wop with some kids. Newsom stopped by a school basketball court in Beijing Friday. While demonstrating his skills, he stumbled and then he knocked down his students. Newsom and the boy ended up on the ground, though neither appeared to be hurt.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Finally a Democrat is getting tough on China. Okay, Newsom took that kid down, like, oh, that's for COVID bitch, all right, and it's bad enough newsom Ran through that kid's chest. But did they have to make that the new cover of NBA two K? You know what I'm really thinking? How was this guy worse at basketball than Chinese people? I mean, oh, I'm sorry, who are your three favorite Chinese basketball players? Let's move on to Congress, because the Democrats aren't the only party not giving the people what they want. Last week, Republicans decided that the new speaker at the House would be Mike Johnson, Louisiana Congressman. I don't know who he is either. No one had ever heard of the guy before he became speaker, but since then we've been learning a lot about him, especially what his favorite book is.
Speaker 7: Johnson's religion is the cornerstone of his politics.
Speaker 8: Go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it.
Speaker 1: That's my worldview.
Speaker 7: In a Facebook post just last year, Johnson argued biblical beliefs couldn't be separated from public affairs, a sentiment he's long champion.
Speaker 5: Before entering Congress, Johnson did legal work for a creationist museum and has said the Bible depicts actual historical events.
Speaker 8: You once worked for the Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian advocacy group, and comments you had made both in writing and advocacy for this group about homosexuality, calling it sinful, destructive and not supporting gay marriage. Quote no clear right to sodomy in the Constitution.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it would have been weird if they'd put sodomy in the constitution. Right, So we're all agreed, there's gonna be no king, there will be three branches of government. We're all cool with what stuff like. The Constitution never would have been finished if they spent all that time specifying what was and wasn't allowed. Okay, Section seventeen, where do we stand on rim jobs it? Second? And just to be clear, there's no right to sodomy in the Constitution, but there is a clause you can get it on your birthday. The point is the new Speaker of the House is a hardcore Christian whose worldview is just the Bible. And it's funny to me how only Christian politicians are allowed to do that. Imagine if elon Omar was like, yeah, my views are basically everything in the Qur'an. Even Muslims would be like Aslama, hell no, okay for moronker Mike Johnson, Let's go live to the US Capital with Michael Costa. It's like, now, Michael, what do you think of the new speaker being such a Bible believer?
Speaker 9: Oh, it's great news, Charlemagne. Until now the house has been a dysfunctional mess of gridlock and infighting. But when you introduce religion into a conflict, it gets fixed right away.
Speaker 1: But what if Mike Johnson tries to with these religious beliefs in the law, Well, would that be so bad?
Speaker 9: The Bible's rules are timeless and always relevant. Like right here, shellfish must be banned as a detestable abomination. Great idea. The only good part of lobster anyways, was the butter. Right, we should just be drinking the hot butter.
Speaker 1: Or what about this?
Speaker 9: God tells Ezekiel to bake bread over a fire made of dry human dung. Yeah, poop, Okay, that could be our clean energy that America needs. Well it's not that clean, but it's renewable, and you know, after a tummy full of hot butter, I'm basically a power plant.
Speaker 1: Well how about this? How about this?
Speaker 9: A menstruating woman is unclean and the righteous man shall not approach her. Let's try it, America.
Speaker 1: Michael, come on, seriously, shunning women from society during their minstrl cycle sounds backwards as hell.
Speaker 9: Calm down, Calm down, Okay, it's just during their period. That's like what twenty thirty minutes. You know, it'll be done with respect. And I'm sure Mike Johnson has talked all about these Bible based policies already.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, I don't think he's ever talked about any of the weird laws you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, Mike Johnson. You're telling me he wouldn't just pick and choose the parts of the Bible he liked best. Oh God, that would be hypocritical. Gosh, Charlemagne, for a guy named the God, you don't know a lot about Christianity. We can expect Mike Johnson to push for all these laws, and I can't wait for him to implement First Samuel chapter eighteen, where David has to bring two hundred four skins to King Saul as a dowry to marry the princess.
Speaker 10: Why are you looking forward to well, because I've I've been collecting four skins, okay, and just in case, American law returns to its biblical roots and allows me to trade them for a wife.
Speaker 1: Where does one collect for skins, Matt, I only want to know how many fourthkins are in that back.
Speaker 9: Well, let's just say if two hundred foreskins gets your princess, I'm going to be mister Taylor Swift, disgusting man.
Speaker 1: Michael Copster, everybody's try when we come back. I found out what your most unexpected political opinion is, So don't go anywhere. Welcome back to the Daily Show. Now. People say I'm a contrarian, but I disagree. Also, I bet a lot of people have opinions you wouldn't expect. So I went out on the streets and asked them. That's right. I'm outside hitting the streets in New York to see if people's political curtains match their political traits. Let's see if New York surprised me. How would you describe yourself? Politically? Liberal? Liberal? Absolutely? Okay. You are wearing a denim trench coat, which is pretty liberal. When people see you, what do you think they see? Politically probably a liberal.
Speaker 11: Politically definitely more democratic, okay, like voted for Democrats in the last several elections.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you feel about paying text? Oh, I don't like it. Ooh, sounds like you're a Republican. When people see you, what do you think they see politically? First, I'm Asian, all right. Then I'm immigrant, right, so I think they do have a stair type.
Speaker 11: But then I went to actually historical African American college. Look at college so in Jersey, So like, I see you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but there's a lot of black people that don't make it up. That's I HBC you.
Speaker 11: But like, I have more relationship with African Americans, buddy.
Speaker 1: So gotcha? Some of your best friends are black? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. We did find some books that match their couple. I am a registered for public food okay, and something that even LeVar Burton couldn't get a renal. I was regin like support of Ted Cruz and damn you a Ted Cruz guy. I don't think there's any Ted Cruz guys.
Speaker 9: Politically, I would describe myself as conservative.
Speaker 1: When people see you, what do you think they see politically? I think they see liberal. I live in New York. I'm a construction worker. Construction worker, the classic progressive job. When people see you, what do they think you are?
Speaker 11: Politically, Uh democrat liberal someone was just down to the agenda.
Speaker 1: No big city, no liberal agenda. What is the big city liberal agenda? You know, abortion on demand, abortion onto men.
Speaker 11: You know, I think that, you know, we should promote policies that support life.
Speaker 1: You know, not you never had the wrong person pregnant? Hey, I mean people want to have some ship in common. Now, there's got to be at least one Republican talking point that you agree with. I mean, at least conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't think of I can't think of any specific I think not that I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: Remember what was Swezeria was like putting a little kids on the topic on Peachas, I don't remember. I never heard about that. Really? What about book Banni? No? What if it's this book? I'm on Carolina? Oh god, yeah, see you agree. Maybe they couldn't get turned on to the opposition's politics, but they could get turned on by the politician. What Democrat are y'all unexpectedly attracted to Barack Obama? Well, that's true.
Speaker 6: I kind of agree with that answer.
Speaker 1: I think v Bac it's pretty good looking. What Republican are you unexpectedly attracted to? What's this awthorn in the wheelchair?
Speaker 11: Possibly he's unfortunately a good looking man.
Speaker 1: What Democrat are you unexpectedly attracted to? Attracted to? I'm not saying AOC. If you want me to say AOC, I'm not saying AOC. It must be AOC. Anything about it? And I think you want to say Alexandria. No, yeah, yeah, it's AOC. What Republican are you unexpectedly attracted to? Oh, Marjorie Green? WHOA I was not expecting that one. So you like a buff babe hunt? I'm not afraid of, you know, women's bodies. But what do people see when they looked at a handsome, successful, intellectual black man. What do you think my political views are?
Speaker 4: I think conservative?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: I know you are? You know a little bit of conservative? Wow, I'm learning from things about myself. I would say more of a conservative.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on today? What do you think my political views are? Well? I mean it's not like I don't know you, so I know kind of where your political views are. Are you a fan? I'm not a fan. I'm not a bad job. What do you think my views are? Politically? I would have no idea, that's what I think you.
Speaker 11: I have no idea because looks of this evening, you just looked like a respectful man that's taking care of himselves about his business.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that stereotype. Meal, Thank you. So when we come back, Representative Danthon Mason, youre joining me on the show, so don't have to go anywhere. Welcome back to The Daily Show. My guest tonight is from my home state of South Carolina. Please welcome Republican Congresswoman Nancy May there you go. Happy to have you here.
Speaker 12: It's an honor your first night debut hosting The Daily Show.
Speaker 4: It's awesome, absolutely fun.
Speaker 1: Fact me and Nancy went to the same high school, Yes, Strafford High School, and our mothers taught at Scrafford High School at the same time.
Speaker 4: The same time, and we both Nancy dropped out. I dropped out before you did.
Speaker 1: I got kicked out.
Speaker 12: You got kicked out.
Speaker 1: I got kicked out. Now the second hig school I got kicked out of Kaolo.
Speaker 4: I was a trailblazer. I did it before you.
Speaker 1: That's right. So we like to post the children for how much high school sucks. You don't really need it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and and how what we shouldn't have been successful like you and I to be on the stage, to be doing the daily show out of basically the same stop light in South Carolina. We were that close, were the same age, and we both dropped out and got kicked out of high school. To be here tonight together is a huge testament to hard work and to values.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. We should not be where we are today.
Speaker 1: Should we say something that's true? That is true? But should we say something about being pro high school? I don't want kids just to drop out now.
Speaker 12: I don't want my kids dropping out of your kids dropping out of high school.
Speaker 4: You got to get your high school to PLUMBA.
Speaker 12: If you get you high school plma, your kids are more likely to get theirs too. But it's a testament to what it's divine intervention and designe attraction. It's a testament to hard work, a little bit of good luck. But it's a huge honor to be here and to do this.
Speaker 1: Happy to have you awesome. Yeah, and you know love this guy?
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The first time we met was backstage at a Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock comedy show in North Charlton, South Carolina, and somebody snapped his picture and when I walked back there, y'all was in like a heated debate kind of Yeah.
Speaker 4: We were drinking tequila. There was tequila you partake in the time after tequila.
Speaker 12: We were doing shots of tequila for better or worse, and we had a political debate. And basically from my recollection is that Dave Chappelle's message was that Republicans need to read the room. And my message is every politician, Democrat, a Republican need to read the room because they aren't paying attention to the people, and the people are the ones that elected them to office, and that's what we have to be doing today.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like prejudged in a way just because you were introduced as a conservatives and he just automatically assumed you know what you.
Speaker 12: Were about a little bit And I'm not your typical Republican.
Speaker 4: I would say not typical.
Speaker 12: Conservative, because when I agree with my party, I support them. When I disagree, I call my party out and I do it over and over and over again. I would say I have a different flavor of Republicanism.
Speaker 1: You've been described as someone who swings repeatedly between a Trump centric conservative and an establishment bucking centrist. Like you said, you speak out against GOP leadership, but you do vote with the GOP on a majority of issues. So people do want to know who are you? Who is Nancy?
Speaker 12: I would like to think of myself more of as a maverick, right, So when I'm with my party, I support them, I'll vote with them, and then I called them out when I disagree, and sometimes it's when I vehemently disagree. And I just booted out the old speaker and got a new speaker in because I felt like the former speaker wasn't the right leader for our country and wanted to make a difference in the lives of everybody that we represent. And I bought the party line a lot when it's the right thing to do. And I come from a very independent leaning district.
Speaker 4: It's not the same low country that you and I grew up in.
Speaker 12: It's very purple, it's very i would almost say small l libertarian. There are Democrats, Republicans, and a lot more independence than anybody else. People that are disaffected by the Republican Party and Democrat Party. They are they created the majority of the district, very independent minded.
Speaker 1: I saw you, I saw you did vote against You voted to get Kevin Mcard the outbu Geopisa that they got it out for you.
Speaker 4: Now I think, well, what bet they do?
Speaker 12: And folks can go to Nancy Mace dorg and support me because they are coming after me. I got one of the insiders, one of the establishment insiders, booted out of the Speaker's office, and got someone who's not bought and paid for by Washington.
Speaker 4: I voted with the people on that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yes. How do you feel about that vote now that the one piece of government Republicans control is in disarray?
Speaker 12: Well, I would say we're in disarray because Republicans and Democrats alike put us in disarray. I mean, look, our nation has thirty three trillion dollars in debt, and it's not just Democrats or Republicans, it's both parties. We're in this mess today and you're looking at our military and we're spread.
Speaker 4: Thin throughout the world, and Israel has all these issues.
Speaker 12: We've got Ukraine all these things, and our allies are counting on us and we can't because of our economic and financial situation that was created by both parties. So my anger, my frustrations, like a lot of people, is that it's the fault of both sides today, not one or the other. Both sides are at fault and they need to take responsibility for it.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike Johnson have any real power, because Kevin McCarthy.
Speaker 12: Hadn't, I Well, I would, well, I would say that Kevi McCarthy, well, he Well, We've got a guy today who is going to be honest, he's going to be trustworthy, and he's going to tell the truth.
Speaker 4: And I would much rather have a guy that I might convince he's gonna trust me.
Speaker 12: I brought to a guy that I might sometimes vehemanly disagree with, but is going to be trustworthy with me. And I'll tell you one thing that I will share with the with the other guy, the former speaker, Yes was maybe and maybe was no.
Speaker 4: I learned the hard way on that.
Speaker 12: And last week we had a couple candidate forums and I asked all the candidates what is their message to American women?
Speaker 4: Because women's issues has been an issue that's very near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 12: And Mike Johnson was the only guy that came up to me afterwards and said admitted that Hey, I hadn't answer that question to the best of my ability, and I talked to my wife, and it's all these other things. It's violence in our communities, it's keeping our kids safe in schools, it's all these other things. And it's not necessarily about abortion, but it's about a number of issues that are facing women and moms back at home. And he was the only one to come back and say, hey, to answer that question correctly one hundred percent. And here's what I think about it now, and we're going to work with you on it. And I think that shows humility, That shows honesty, and that shows trust, and I trust the process, and I think he'll be a better leader than what we had before.
Speaker 1: What do you think about you know this? How do you think he would feel about this now? Because he once said, he once wrote that homosexual relationships are inherently unnatural and that gay marriage is the dark harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy that could do them even the strongest republic.
Speaker 4: Well, we voted on gay marriage. I voted for it. So my positions today are the same as they would be six months ago.
Speaker 12: Thanks you know me. And my position is if you are gay and you want to be as happily or miserably married as astray couple, more power, I am more power to do you want to serve our country and take a bullet for then you ought to be able to do that. And so my position is going to be different than the speakers, and that's okay. But he's a guy that I do believe will be honest and tell the truth. And you know, Democrats Republicans didn't trust the last guy. And at least we know where the chess pieces will be on the board and what sandbox we're playing in, and we can figure that out together because we know we're going to get out of Mike Johnson as the truth and honesty, humility and someone we can trust even if we.
Speaker 4: Disagree with him.
Speaker 1: Well, what does it say to gay Americans that this man is now a party's leader? Though? Like, what if that still is truth?
Speaker 4: What I just read, Well, I mean it's not going to pass.
Speaker 12: The vast majority of members of this Congress, both Republican and Democrats, support LGBTQ gay marriage.
Speaker 4: So that's not.
Speaker 12: Really going to have an influence on what we do as a House. Because we voted on these things and voted to codify gay marriage.
Speaker 1: Okay, people are saying you're on the shortlist to be Trump's VP after seeing what happened to Mike Thits, someone who you know was once claimed the future of the GOP by se Cup. Is being Trump's running mate really worth it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 12: I haven't been asked yet, and my focus is now on South Carolina as it always will be, and I understand why people might be talking about it. I do a lot for women's issues, and Republicans lost women last year. But my focus today, as it always will be. I love the low Country where you and I grew up.
Speaker 4: And that's where my focus is.
Speaker 1: Is it intriguing now?
Speaker 12: I think it's intriguing, It's interesting, and I think it's It's a conversation we need to have because I want my little girl to know that she can be president one day, and I want to see Republicans put women on the ticket vice president presidential. I mean, I want to see that happen because I want little girls everywhere to know they too can be president one day. So I think it's an important conversation to have. But so are to a lot of other conversations.
Speaker 1: You're like one heart attack away. If he was like his VP, well.
Speaker 4: Would you be a president?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it. Why are Republicans still holding primaries when we know what it's going to be Trump?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean Democrats now have a primary with Dean Phillips entering into the presidential nomine process.
Speaker 4: But I do think it's going to be Trump. But we'll see.
Speaker 12: It's part of the Democrat democratic process to have primaries and have general elections. And just like the Speaker's fight, that's part of democracy. That's how we nominate people. And those are fights and elections that we have to have.
Speaker 1: Now that the chaos is open, you've got some probable votes coming up. So I'm gonna ask you a couple will you vote to expel Santos even though it might cost the GOPSC.
Speaker 12: I have not read the resolution to expel Santos. I have demanded his resignation from day one when I found out he lied to get into office. The right and honorable thing would be to resign. He hasn't done that yet. I'd want to read it and see.
Speaker 4: What the process is if it goes through. I'm a civil rights person.
Speaker 12: I do a lot of civil rights work, but there has to be due process, So does it go through the ethics committee?
Speaker 4: That would be my first question before I make a decision on that. We may actually be voting on that this week.
Speaker 1: Vote since the representative representative to I know i'm pronouncing her name wrong for her Israel God's statements.
Speaker 12: The first Amendment is something I want to make sure that we're not violating the constitution. People get elected, but what we're seeing this week, there's going to be a tit for tat. I think Democrats want to censure Marjorie Taylor Green, Like we just got a new speaker. Israel's under attack, our economy is crumbling, we have millions of people coming across the border, and this is what we're doing this week. I mean, I just to me it just we have much bigger problems to figure out.
Speaker 1: Would you vote for Ukraine and Israel AID together votes?
Speaker 12: I want separate votes because when we're doing these spending packages, they should be separate individual spending bills. Like there's a law in the nineteen seventy four Budget and Control Act which says the government the Congress is supposed to have a budget and twelve different spending bills but what they're going to do is they're going to try to combine it together, so we jam through over one hundred billion dollars in spending. It would be better if they were separate, so people can have an up or down vote do we support this or not? Because the two wars are completely separate and different and their needs are different, and it would be better for the American people. It also would be better whether they are combined into one vote or they are separate votes. We have to have this conversation about the southern border and what are we going to do to protect our border, protect our national security because there are individuals that are on their terrorism watch lists.
Speaker 4: They're coming across our sun their border.
Speaker 12: It will be over one hundred and thirty hundred and fifty this year, and so to have this conversation. We want to make sure we're not spending more money overseas for other people's borders in our own And these are all worthy conversations that we've got to have. While we're discussing supplemental aid packages, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To ask you new how do you talk to a poor and disenfranchised person in South Carolina who can barely you know, put food on their table and have a roof over the head. How do you explain it, then, why all this money is going overseas?
Speaker 4: I explained that it's the part. It's the fault of both parties.
Speaker 12: We are thirty three trillion dollars in debt because both sides, no matter who's president, no matter who's in the majority or who's Speaker of the House, they have added this debt and that debt ceiling deal that Republicans just did back in the spring will make our debt over a fifty trillion over the next ten years. And that is why ex costs six dollars for a dozen while a gallon of milk is six dollars. It's why you're paying in South Carolina, in some cases over four dollars a gallon of gas.
Speaker 4: People cannot afford what they're doing.
Speaker 12: And we had August recess, and I was back home for a couple of weeks and working, but I took my kids to the grocery store. I had we have seven days on, seven days off, you know when you're two parent house, separate households. And I took my kids to the grocery store and it was almost five hundred dollars for a family of four for a week, and I just that is not affordable. And that was just meat, fruit and vegetables and no junk fit. And but you know, the average American family can't afford two thousand dollars of groceries or eighteen hundred dollars a month in groceries.
Speaker 4: Who can afford that? Nobody can.
Speaker 12: But that is the fault of Republicans and Democrats that have spent us into oblivion, who refused to balance the budget. The former Speaker promised to have a plan to balance a budget.
Speaker 4: He buried it in a drawer.
Speaker 12: It exists, But we need to have a plan, whether it's ten, twelve, fifteen, sixteen, twenty years, that gets spending in order. And the last time we balanced the budget, for example, was in nineteen ninety eight under Bill Clinton, and before that it was in the seventies under Nixon. It is ridiculous that both parties can't set their differences aside and do what's right for America, everybody to their political affiliation.
Speaker 1: Wow, Republicans want to impeach Biden for corruption and bribery. Do you think that's valid or are they just like a tit for tech because of the two times Trump has been impeached.
Speaker 12: Well, I can tell you the former Speaker went to conservatives a few months ago and said, hey, we're definitely impeaching Joe Biden. And then he went to House moderates the same day two hours later and said, We're never going to impeach Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: That should not be the answer. That's not leadership.
Speaker 12: What we should do is follow the facts, follow the truth, and then come to a decision at the right time, once we've had due process, once we've shown evidence whether or not an impeachment is warranted. That's what the American people want, that's what they deserve, and that's what we should do. And I do believe that the new Speaker will follow due process. He's a constitutional attorney, but won't make that decision in haste.
Speaker 4: It should be made when it's warranted.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's a waste of time. What everything else that's going.
Speaker 4: On, Well, corruption is a real problem in this country.
Speaker 12: And I have seen bank accounts it it is, but I have seen bank accounts of the president's grandchildren with money directly from communist China.
Speaker 4: That should not be happening in our country, and it.
Speaker 12: Should be exposed for every for every American to see and then decide whether or not that's okay, whether.
Speaker 4: There's an impeachment or not.
Speaker 12: I want people to see the evidence that I've seen and make a decision for themselves.
Speaker 1: Do you believe the evidence against Donald Trump?
Speaker 4: Which which evidence?
Speaker 1: Charge?
Speaker 4: Which I mean, which which indictment? I mean which one?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them. Let's just say Georgia, Georgia.
Speaker 4: That would be over the election fraud. I haven't seen the evidence yet, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: There will be a trial.
Speaker 4: And everyone is allowed. Again, I do a lot of civil rights work, and everyone is allowed.
Speaker 12: Due process under the law, and if they're found guilty, they take responsibility for that. But I haven't seen evidence to show these guilty of that.
Speaker 4: Now. There are a lot of people around him that did a lot of things. There's that Sidney.
Speaker 12: Powell that that took like a database, like a voter database.
Speaker 4: Maybe, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: So, ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
Speaker 2: We're going to take it break.
Speaker 13: We'll be right back after this. Hey, that's our show for tonight.
Speaker 1: But before we so, please consider donating to Mental Wealth Alliance. Okay. They help distigmatize mental health in black communities and make treatment more accessible and effective for people in those communities. If you can, please donate to the link below.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from The Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast now