Speaker 1: World with me here.
Speaker 2: You know, BT know how it goes.
Speaker 3: Shout out O C T no real color what we see, whole game read the boler bio something. Oh, you can't stand on the homes see. I already know you can't bother with me because up with the squad of me, they get a little They called me by love, by love, love all the Lord. Welcome to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. I go by the name of Frid Simmons.
Speaker 4: I go back now, you know, BT, see where that Oh Kenny buns in the building.
Speaker 3: We're still snapping, man, it's still you. Remember that we could get from John. We've been snapping snapping. You started that.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: What's up man? Looking real, looking real fresh, always fresh?
Speaker 5: Think you brother, Thank you, Just happy to be. I'm proud of y'all. Seeing y'all doing y'all thug bizz for shizzle makes my heart smile. Yeah, yeah, what's popping from.
Speaker 6: The lifestyle Specialist? Now the culture man, Why the switch?
Speaker 5: It's really the life our specialists. I just felt like fucking with the algorithm. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When I came the culture.
Speaker 5: Because I just you know, I did a puff daddy on accident. You know what I'm saying. I really feel like where we are today, we need a culture man, we need a culture woman, We need culture. And I just feel like I think I'm the best example in our industry of like you know, from family to consistency with my mentees and my people in general, I think I show up the best way.
Speaker 6: And because you started a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Specialist question, no question, but a lot of.
Speaker 6: People started to take on that moniker no question.
Speaker 5: Many it's a mini of a lifestyle specially that exists, and it's it's supposed to write that. The idea was that you have these creative abilities, but you don't know how to use them all the time. You don't know how to direct the energy. So creating a lifestyle specialist allowed you to kind of be in a playground of sorts and define who you wanted to be versus being judged for every mistake. And okay, I bought my head this way, but it you can bump your head and go to this thing and keep it moving. So I'm proud of everybody doing that thing that that that called themselves affectionately a lifestyle specialist.
Speaker 3: So you were the first person I saw making money being yourself. But it was outside of radio I always saw. I always looked up to people in the radio business. And then when I moved to Atlanta, permanently I kept seeing Kenny Burns.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn.
Speaker 3: I kept asking. I was like, he's on the radio. It was like, nah, he by himself, how does that happen? But then I saw Gray Goose. I never I'll never forget. One time I'm changing Little Rari's Pamper Wow Pamper, and I see it's on ESPN. It goes to commercial and I see Kenny Burns and the Gray Goose commercial.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, So you know, you know, snaps for you for that, because what I'm saying is easy to say it, Yeah, but it's hard to sell yourself. Yeah, and you're talking to someone who had to study you because I came in the same way. Actually I couldn't. I couldn't get hired on the radio.
Speaker 5: You couldn't quite define what the energy was you had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I went straight out to college from Tampa, I had an internship, and I'm over here plying to the radio stations. I couldn't get in, So who do I?
Speaker 4: What do I?
Speaker 3: And I kept saying, Oh, there's a there's a lane right there, and I saw what you were doing. I was coming. I mean you. The rest is history. But I was just saying for the audience that may not know I was watching you. I was literally on my iPhone taking notes. Okay, this is I says, this is what's going on with that. I got to figure out my own way to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, And it.
Speaker 3: Took a while, but we got there, and then I verged off a little bit. You kept me on track.
Speaker 5: Burst off a couple more times.
Speaker 3: You kept me on track, but I felt like I had to do it my own way. I just say that to say you were the first person I saw sell yourself and make money for being Kenny Burn, Like that's your real name, Like my name is my name is Ferrari? Because I just loved that. I remember when I changed it from Sean to Ferrari. What are you doing? You know what I'm saying, Like keep shawing, but you get paid to be literally you, and.
Speaker 5: It takes time.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 5: But I think you're looking at yourself now. You all are looking at yourself. You're like, I mean even I remember, meaning you know o ct at the radio stay.
Speaker 3: The first she didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: No, she was not a personality on radio.
Speaker 1: I alwaysn't a person not on radio. But I was to myself. People didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Well, I've always seen you for exactly who.
Speaker 6: You were seek out stars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really do, honestly, and thank you for that. But I saw like when I worked with her, it was like, wait, she way more talented. Because you know, if someone can take your voice and music and put all the things around to make it a thing, they got to be able to do it themselves. Like it's just it's just a matter of time. And when I put this whole thing together, y'all were the first two. You know what I'm saying, Sue that I was like, Yo, this is it just makes sense because each of y'all had those qualities at that time. You know what I'm saying. You've been an amazing addition. You're you're hilarious by the way, appreciate it. But the whole point is that, you know, we all start somewhere, you know what I mean. The whole key is to start understood.
Speaker 6: Going back to that.
Speaker 1: You know when Y was talking like you had the Kenny Burns show, you know on YouTube?
Speaker 6: I guess was it YouTube?
Speaker 5: Well? I had, so fuck Reggie Rouse. I just want to say that, Okay, oh uh fuck uh Ryan Cameron for back then, for back then. I love Ryan, but fuck Ryan back then because Ryan. The reason I got into radio is because Ryan Cameron hated on me. And the story goes, so, Frank Skid has always been like me to you right, always saw my light. Always was like Kenny Kenny, Kenny Kenny, you know, great great man. And I wanted to get in radio because I was doing the clubs. I had already had the energy without the radio. I was party king like you know what I'm saying. And I was like, let me get on the radio. And Alex big shot the agentertainer, he kept up asking me to do it. You know what I'm saying. He's like, yo, go on the radio. Like I couldn't do the live broadcast because I went on the radio, bustuoners. I get on the twelve, the club went crazy. So he's like, yo, if you could just so anybody. I was like, you know what, let me just cause I mean I had something to say. At the time, I felt like culture was going in directions where I was leading, and so I felt like my messaging would have been great. So you know, I'm always premeditated with my offer. So I'm literally like, I'm gonna go get on radio, and I never get Frank tried to lay it up. Ryan Cameron said, not quote to many of people that came back to me, why we let a non radio person on radio, And right then and there, I was like, oh R. So I went and got with Mike Johnson. Oh. I went out with Mike Johnson. We started be High FM and we had the Kenny Byrne Show on Behive FL and we were murdered. And I set it up at two to six every day to go against Ryan and we made so much noise. I think it was eight months later Reggie came knocking. So that's like, you know, a testament to to it, like if someone doesn't hear you or doesn't believe you, got to create that shit. So we're in the world of media now that it doesn't take a radio station, and you did this.
Speaker 3: Back then when it was very it was more difficult.
Speaker 5: To a no podcast.
Speaker 3: There was no podcast and.
Speaker 5: To be honest with me shouting Mike Johnson although he supports Trump, and I don't even today I think he supports Trump, So fuck you too. Like but and I love you. But the point I'm trying to make it, I don't understand you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: You came in swinging, you came in you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love Ryan. I just but I wanted to tell you how I felt at the time because it was fucking everybody. And I think at some point in your life if things aren't meeting the mark or meeting what you work for and prepare for a fuck everybody. You know what I'm talking about because guess what I say this all the time. When I show up, everybody get in line. It's no, I'm not no gangster, no more. I don't go through no gangster ship. But it's a respect thing. It's like, how could you not fuck with this guy? Like he puts everybody on, He shakes everything, and he was looking gives people opportunity he doesn't know. He speaks to culture in a way that's enduring, you know what I'm saying, or endearing right and enduring. But yeah, so I just I didn't mean the bus shots early, but no, and.
Speaker 1: When you said let it up, you were co hosting the morning show, you know at that time.
Speaker 5: No, so no. When I got to your point when I got the gig eight months later, Frankskey said, I only want Kenny hosting the morning show.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he's but he didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't really fuck with Ryan at the time either, because there was you know, there was no I'm not it's not a bad thing, but Ryan was the heir apparent, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean, Like he was next, he was next.
Speaker 5: And so it was a thing, right, But then it was also too like nah, I fuck would dude, and then me and Wanda hit. It all so crazy and I want to say, you.
Speaker 3: Did sound amazing in the morning.
Speaker 5: I remember listening, and I want to say fifty two weeks out of that year, I might have did ten weeks, like some unheard of and this is like my first time on radio ever.
Speaker 6: You were coming there on our show too. I was on Ryan camer.
Speaker 5: Show, yes, because I was doing weekends, so everybody knows. That's why I had to.
Speaker 3: Did Sundays Friday.
Speaker 2: He was already over one O three.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Saturday Saturday, Saturday, Sunday and remote Friday. But you did that. You did the world famous compound, no question.
Speaker 5: But I named it the world Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I said that in the previous thing. I will say, though you determined if I went out that night or not really by the picture of your voice. Let me know if it was empty or if it was packed. And you know, back in the clubs, you know, me and him went viral, well, all of us went viral. Uh, they said, you know, people, a lot of people mad at us. I had an argument with Jabar Cash with my camera. I had argument with Jabar Cash. She was mad at me. But I invited him to come on the podcast and on the radio.
Speaker 4: And don't side with haters. We don't, we don't sid I already talked to him about that. Will saw it with hater No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I felt like the Atlanta nightlife was ruined. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Well, BT said that, But I said, I see both sides. Because there's no dance floor. The dance floor is gone. That's in fact, you know what I'm saying. Like, there's not even an option to dance. So I just want to give some motherfuckers some options. If anyone's valid to say an opinion on night life, someone that's been in it for fifteen years and did it at the highest level like me, I can say.
Speaker 5: That you saw the end of an era in the beginning of a newer I was there.
Speaker 2: With your era.
Speaker 3: I created my own, and then I blended in with the new guys and now they're the old Doug.
Speaker 5: You know, like, you don't like this music, you can't possibly like this music, so you learn from me. So I'm like you saw the value of good music and feeling women in the way.
Speaker 3: But I was stuck in a place where I'm big I'm big bro and little bro at the same time because he ain't number thirty. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He's with me, no facts, I get it.
Speaker 2: So he's with me.
Speaker 3: But the way that I was with you.
Speaker 5: I agree. I don't know about the smoke. I mean, at least you didn't say bar because you know, no, no, no, no, I know. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Business right now, that relationship where we could curse each other.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, But I think, in all fairness to what you were saying, right, I think when VIP sections came it killed the club everywhere everywhere. You can't because it's no VP at that point, right, it's just people. It's a sports people trying to outdo each other having but see that gout complacency involved in night life. You can't be chilling in night life. You gotta be spirited. Like it was almost like you know how, like a motherfucker be getting ready to do the double Dutch. They was like, all ship about to come on. It's about because even when he said about coming to the club big shot, the DJ Baby You. First of all, he's doing my no or No Love part. He is the best DJ. Like I'm talking about anybody I've ever and DJ Infamous obviously an Ace and all my people. I loved them all, but DJ Baby You it's different. And because we did we started doing the broadcast.
Speaker 3: When we was on the radio.
Speaker 5: If he's nobody in the club and it sounded like four thousand people in the.
Speaker 3: I would hear Kenny Burns say, what up? T what Like, Yo, it's litter there, I'm like.
Speaker 5: But that was also around the time the Late culture starting, right when people were coming to the club at twelve and one and.
Speaker 2: Who started that?
Speaker 3: But compound had a dance floor. Compound had a dance floor, and then he opened up the area for people to come look at the VP. The vip was an experience at the time.
Speaker 5: The stage.
Speaker 3: You will literally come, you will go dance over there, or if you want to see who was who, you will come over to the vip era and who's who will be in that VP.
Speaker 5: Are question, no question. And I love Alex and what he did monetarily because it will never be done again. What he did. I mean, sixty something tables sold out, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Remember, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 5: I remember seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars at the bar nights, million dollar bar nights.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Like I remember the night.
Speaker 5: I remember it because I had the liquor money, you know what I'm talking about, and whatever I sponsored, I got a piece of I remember speaking of that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to ask you this question on camera. Yeah, because I was there. Yeah, And I was like, you don't even remember, Like I was like you're young, and like I was ready to fight. Is it the night when you got into it with puff Daddy.
Speaker 7: We'll be right back with more of the Bawler Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert show.
Speaker 5: Baller Nationist the Lifestyle Specialist aka the Culture Man Kenny Burns and stay tuned.
Speaker 6: What happened with puff Daddy?
Speaker 3: Because he had you had Grey Goose?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I had. I had essentially created ambassador programs at all spirit companies, endu using and Grey Goose at this time was one of my clients and I was just you know, targeting him. He came to Atlanta a lot. I was the club guy, and I felt like, you know, just asserting myself in the power that I had.
Speaker 3: You guys had previous history.
Speaker 5: We've had history forever, but it's always been rocky, right, It's always been some issues on some level, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was always like competition.
Speaker 5: First time the first time I met him in high school.
Speaker 3: You met Diddy in high school.
Speaker 5: When I was in high school in Washington, d C. I met Sean Comes. He went to Howard. It was a street thing. I was in the street. We sixteen years old. We had fake id's we in the club popping moat. So he's like, who are y'all? You know what I'm saying? And mind you He's at Howard. He's back and forth from New York. He's going through his whole thing. So I was just like, damn okay. I learned about Mary j.
Speaker 3: Blige.
Speaker 5: I learned about Joe said, all these people he was working with, and then my industry father, who became my industry I was under herrail through him like I saw his world. Right. So long story short, fast forward freak Nick ninety four. We got into some gun play at the world famous warehouse that used to be world famous before it was originally the Phoenix, then became the Warehouse before compound was the world famous and we had some gun play with a fight, and so we've always had like energy, you know what I mean. But that night at the world famous compound, I had a billboard, Oh no question, I was taunting him. I had a bill board in front of Justice strategically.
Speaker 3: Strategic name that his son over the on p Street.
Speaker 5: Used to be on. Yeah, it's not eleven forty five, it's actually a I think it's a Wells far.
Speaker 3: I'm a black off my ba ahead.
Speaker 5: So the billboard across the street, I literally had a billboard said rise of Icons of Kenny Burns show three up, Greg Goo's bottle. I had another one that the Gold Room. Uh. And then that night at the compound, I put my booth in front of his see because you remember the stage was in the stage, Alex started putting boots on the floor, so I took the whole front. So every time he said, we're like ahor and I promised you. I probably popped a hundred bottles that night just to fuck with him, and so he was I never forget it. Walker got my money up. I can't read, and so he's like, put your motherfuckering bottles in it. So everybody in my table double fisted with Greg Goose and it was like.
Speaker 3: You light skinned motherfuckers hate he was doing viral. He said that's peepee water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well he was doing that prior to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was already was.
Speaker 5: He was going crazy on everybody that wasn't rock, which was part of his tactic in which partly blew up sar Rock. But anyway, it's legendary. It's in my documentary. It's Google of Boots.
Speaker 6: What matters most documentary, Yeah, coming out soon.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a film, you have a film series on Peacock Fight Night.
Speaker 6: Okay, September ninth.
Speaker 5: Okay, journalists journals talk about it. Yeah. Absolutely. September fifth, Fight Night, The Million Dollar Heights comes out on Peacock. It is the story of Chicken Man, who was a local hustler in Atlanta played he's played by Kevin Hart in the late sixties early seventies. Actually happened in nineteen seventies, a heist died. There's a juxtaposition to the street life that Chickenman was living with JD, who was the first black detective in Atlanta, who's being played by Don Cheatle, and there's a dynamic relationship with them. There's a whole lot of gangster ship that surrounds this, uh this fight night, right because Ali, fresh off the Dodger status, was fighting Corey and it was you know, he was the great White hope back then, and it was at the Municipal Center here in Atlanta, and JD happened to be on the detail of Ali that night, and every gangster in the world was coming to Atlanta. And there's one in particular named Frank Molten who's from New York City who Sam Jackson plays, and then his henchman is Terrence Howard, who has a motherfucking perm and it's so called old with this flip Pern. You never knew by the way, you needed Sam Jackson and Terance Howard in anything.
Speaker 4: Terrence Howard retired from acting. No, no, that's what he said, retired.
Speaker 5: He did not. He showed up and showed out Harvey in this thing. Lloyd Harvey's playing Lola Felana. Chloe Bailey's in it, but you know, and crazy Taraji P. Hills.
Speaker 2: I know, y'all connected.
Speaker 5: No, everybody had.
Speaker 6: A different idea for this at first, right.
Speaker 5: So the project came to me Originally I heard about it working with Dallas Austin and Dave Gates. And then when I went to go launch VOW Television, I was trying to find all the IP and all the stories I had ever heard that I wanted to do, and I was thinking about Fight Night because I'm like, you know, into that til Icebox got robbed a couple of years ago. That was the biggest heist in Georgia history, and that was nineteen seventy, so it always stayed in my mind. I'm a seventies baby, like I have an affinity for the air style, music, fashion, et cetera. So I just went to go find it, thought Dallas still had it. He didn't have the life right. So I went and found Jeff Keating through Dave Gates and we were locked in and Will Packard saw the vision from the from the door. We had a Universal had given us a film and at first so we had a film project at Universal. It didn't go through. We had a whack ass script. And then ironically, Kevin Hart was coming out with Uptown Saturday Night, which is based off of our story, but you know, Uptown Saturday Night is the news clippings whatever. And so the fiftieth anniversary was coming up of the Fight, and we did a podcast and the podcast went crazy and literally ignited all the interests. We'll call keV was like, you know, you want to do this with a since you're not doing your projects, like absolutely, and then to your point, we have every black superhero on the planet. We have Sam Jackson, Kevin Hart, to Rogi p Henson, Terrence Howard, don She, We have sin Kwah Walls, Melvin Gregg who played man Boy, Miles Bullock who was on BMF and was part of the We had had Chloe Bailey kilt It, Lori Harvey playing Lola Falana. We had actions which this guy is unbelievable. Wait you see his parent Do you see my afro? I'm playing you got afro?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm playing cat.
Speaker 3: That episode through there was real question is this is this? Is this where you're at now? Is this where Kenny Burns, the great Kenny Burns? Is this where another notch in your belt of the notch? I think it's just that it doesn't make you feel bubbly inside, like, well.
Speaker 5: Oh must it took? You know, I've been involved with this project twelve years. Thirteen years, so it didn't long.
Speaker 3: That's a long time. But that's also a note for people to understand. Sometimes it take a long time for something to come to fruition, like that question. Pretty sure you have been planning this that whole time.
Speaker 5: And had a lot of stuff going on while this was still on the tables. I mean, we had a feature at Universal that goes away. We've got a podcast with iHeart Sus to deal with Peacock, right, So big shot to Peacock in Universal obviously, But it's just a testament to stand down, you know, for what you believe. And this is not a game of you know, get discouraged and move on. I know this generation likes to just throw it away and start over, you know what I'm saying. But you got to stay down. If you want to get down, and.
Speaker 1: This isn't your first you know, go at it as far as film and television.
Speaker 6: Because you gave Dame Dash the idea.
Speaker 1: For Paid in Full.
Speaker 5: I actually gave him the script, introduced him to as the original a z that wood Hare has played in the movie, and took him down to John Street when they were still on John Street. This is how far I go back to.
Speaker 3: So you gave him the whole idea for Paid the Full.
Speaker 5: I introduced him too. Well, well what ended up being wood Hairs. His character's name is Azy. He the one got shot in the face. Yeah, so he was still alive. Still, it's still alive down met.
Speaker 6: But you didn't get any credit for that.
Speaker 5: I didn't get any credit. And you know that was more young and these are my I just want to roll. I end up seeing them three or three years later on Seventh Avenue.
Speaker 3: He's like, you're get in the car. I was like, where are we going.
Speaker 5: It's like we're going to the premiere and paying for I'm like bitch, you're supposed to call me for my role.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of things you didn't get credit for.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you even get a check from that?
Speaker 5: I ain't get on check either. I mean, I feel like anything that's for you is for you. You just gotta you know, pay your dues in a sense and also learned. I mean, even with this project, I should have, you know, been a lot higher on the ranking as far as I'm concerned. But then you don't know the game. You gotta come on the movie Fight Night. Yeah, I mean, I'm exactly producer. I'm called exactive producer, but i mean, like on a call sheet, Well, no, I'm on everything.
Speaker 6: He's everything.
Speaker 3: There's always levels, gotcha.
Speaker 5: There's a real packer level in this particular situation, Kenny Burns levels, gotcha. But you know, like you said.
Speaker 6: It's a fish out of water and you are learning as you go.
Speaker 5: And that's what I want to encourage all entrepreneurs to do. You know, It's like you you have to be in the game to play, and a lot of you want to hold everything you know so tight, as if there's nothing else for you to have, and that's just not real life.
Speaker 1: Real quick I just want to say, while we're on Rockefeller, Dame Dash is going through a lot as far as his rights being.
Speaker 4: Taken, the stock that he owns, his ownership, yeah, the stock in basically.
Speaker 5: He owes some money. Yeah, and he's trying to sell his portion of Reasonable Doubt. And uh, it's sad, you know, to be in a position, you know, where you are now having to sell a piece of your legacy, right, because reasonable Doubt is have you know, a couple of decades old, right, and it's a treasure. It's one of the greatest rap albums from one of the greatest artists ever, and you were a part of that. So I feel bad that he's even in the position where he has to, you know, relinquish some type of asset or that type of asset. Right. The other thing is I would they had a better relationship so that he could go to J and be like, Jay, look, I just want to get rid of this bro. I need X, Y and Z. You know, Like, how easy is that? And why wouldn't Jay do it? I mean, he helps people he doesn't even know out financially, right, And I'm sure a deep down he would help, you know, And you think is ego. Thing is ego. It's also the life you create for yourself, right if you are out here, voice loud and you know, saying all the things dam has said. I mean, how can he not you know, catch some heat, you know, And like I said, I just feel bad because I know them both, and I know his heart is gold, you know what I mean, what he intends to do is gold. Don't know Jay as well as I know Damon and Biggs. But anytime I've you know, been around Jay, you know, the last you know, since reasonable doubt, I've only seen him be charitable. I've only seen him, you know, put on a culture in the most respectable way. So yeah, I just I hate to see. But that's why I left Rockefeller too, because when they started to split, it was no longer.
Speaker 3: You know, what was your actual position at I.
Speaker 5: Was a vice president of Rockefeller and I was the president of rock Music. So Nicole, ray Reil, Allen, Anthony, Kanye West. At first they were all.
Speaker 3: You had the first version of Kanye West him, he came in.
Speaker 5: I tried to sign Kanye when he when he was with a group called the Go Getters. This was before Rockefeller. Him GLC I forgot the other guy's name. But I've been working with John Monopoly, don Cee, and Kanye since I met my wife. Actually, I used to go hang out with them when I met Jessica, I was courting her. So yeah, I known everybody a long And actually me and don Cee had a group called major League. Two weeks we were in a rap group. Met him and I got kofe.
Speaker 2: For you was rapping.
Speaker 5: I was never going to rap. That's why it lasted.
Speaker 3: Two three weeks.
Speaker 6: That's how we all start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did that. We did the whole thing. Yeah, I got the photos. We got to see it'll be on the episode when I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that so of the Kenny byrn Show. Now it's available as a podcast. But you know, like we were saying, you started that vyting, you left and you came back, and now it's just the Kenny burn Show on the podcast.
Speaker 6: Is there anything else that you have coming up for that?
Speaker 5: The Kenny Byrne Show is growing tremendously. We're actually building a new studio. It'll be a yeah, whole set. Yeah, we're building a set, will be coming up on our hundredth episode. I've been blessed to monetize since month One. Big shout to all of the McDonald's Smart Waters, Coca Cola's Freedom Discover like you will. Yeah, a big shout to pod Media. Uh, they're my partners that do my ads sell. So it's been a really a really rewarding thing.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Sugar and Kendrick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Doctor Sugar, Cheryl Ray Reed and Kendred Taylor the co host on the show and have the table and the nation. Honestly, because I don't know if everybody knows this, but I gave sixty people an opportunity to be co host of the Kenny Burn Show coming out of the pandemic because of all the fruitfulness that came, you know, out of that for me, social and digitally. So yeah, so big shot to everybody. And we're in a great, great position, no celebrity interviews, all community based discussions, which I think is most important right now for sure, So you know, just dealing with you know, real things. We're in a very very different time and actually the episode that just came out is uncharted territories. We all in uncharted territories. We all are seeking new direction, new relationships, trying new things, fulfilling you know, this new energy that we've created for ourselves opportunities. So I just you know, I see that growing and being you know, part of my legacy and probably the thing I end on. I'm going to continue to make films and television. We're working on some things. Big Shot to Will Packer, big Shot to Kenya Bears. I have some things.
Speaker 2: I'll be announced heavy hitters.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't play.
Speaker 6: I do like sand on business though.
Speaker 1: On your podcast, you be real about whatever you say and you don't mind saying it. So I appreciate that and being that it started in the pandemic. Another thing that started was a club quarantine.
Speaker 5: Yes, nice, Yes, listen, bro is the greatest damn show? What is it?
Speaker 3: What do you call yourselves?
Speaker 5: Again? We got Nice and Burns and Nice and Burns.
Speaker 3: The greatest show on Earth. I see the happening.
Speaker 5: No, we've definitely said that. Okay, yeah, we definitely said that. And I truly believe he and I are the greatest show on Earth.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's y'all, y'all.
Speaker 5: But I just want to say this, y'all, like and this is you know, you're a host, You're a host. You're a host, you're all in media, you understand the value of people. Right. I've never in my life experienced anything like Club Quarantine. I'm talking about literally, and I've hosted before Club Quarantine, I hosted the Arenas Clubs. I've done it all. But to do let's start with the you know, Apollo Theater. I had never done Apollo there prior to doing it with d I had never done the Kennedy Center in my hometown of Washington, DC. The first time my seventy five year old aunt saw me host was at the fucking Kennedy Center with the live orchestra. Right, I've never hosted Carnegie Hall, Like these are venues where black folk couldn't go in. So to have that energy, you know what I'm saying. First of all, we already had our thing, right Nis and Burns is going to be forever, right, but to have his new movement honestly take him and propel him to where it's propelled him. We're talking about the biggest DJ in the world. Prior to that, he used to tell me I want to be the biggest DJ in the world. And he literally that happened. He was the most important DJ in the world, right, So then you look at like life and then it's like, okay, cool, We're we're doing these legendary landmarks. We're doing, you know, all these amazing shows to tens of thousands of people every time we show up in the city. So I just want to give d as props man, because I just feel.
Speaker 3: A lot as the soundtrack. Yes, we were sitting at home on his IG live.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he was having like you know, we literally watched him become a celebrity DJ.
Speaker 5: Yes, bro, Like we literally remember he was already him.
Speaker 4: I know Obama's I'm saying to like the people, like to the average person, he's like like he was like in the two hundred thousands following.
Speaker 5: Follow Yeah they went to three million. Yeah easy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was by the end of the summer. He was at at least.
Speaker 5: He deserves it because ain't gonna lie to you, bro, Like, and you've been around DJs. You are a DJ. You know you love music. Oh see, t you know how impactful music could be. I've never met somebody to beat when he's in like cans France. You know, we we had club quarantines, the biggest party doing Canns lines right, and my first year was last year, not this year. Y'all saw it on Instagram the last two years. But when I tell you, nobody in there like being from there, you know what I'm talking about, and you got in another country in the field. I mean, it's unbelievable, man, what we do together. You know, I talked to I talked the best ship in the world. He plays the best music in the world, like and it's just a vibe. So I just I love you, man, congrats on everything.
Speaker 4: And it's always good energy like I had my first my first chance was to see him DJ was at Poppy last year and then this this past year for the BT Awards. I was like, he actually a good dude, like he does. You know, some people, you know, you could tell, like, man, this person is his ship that they just got They just talented. But this, you know, d Nice is actually like a good person, good energy. And that was my first time being around him, and you know, first impressions is everything.
Speaker 5: He's a great human man. And to know his story when he does his documentary and you see where he was mentally prior to the pandemic, man, it saved his life too. When you see his documentary, his story, like I'm telling you're going to be very inspired.
Speaker 3: I question for you it was there ever any moment in your career where you were just urg bruh, are you kidding me? Last week?
Speaker 5: No, I think it's I think it's something to be said when you're an authentic being, right, when you're a genuine person, and you don't get that authenticity or genuineness from others. Right. So that's always been a problem for me from the door. You know, you just you want to give your all, your you leave with intent, You show up for people, and then they don't show up for you. You know. BT and I were talking prior to It's like I got summons to a commercial the other day, you know, talking about and it's like, well, damn, I just text you about something. You know what sound like? Why? You know? But it's weird like that. So you can't take it personal, right, You can feel it, and I suggest everybody always feel all the feelings. Know what disappointment, sadness, being hurt, know what that feels like. But you can't really trip because this is not an industry for you to enter not knowing that these motherfuckers ain't shit or don't have no real intention on being your friend. So I think, you know, disappointment is a part of the game. I wouldn't say there's you know, things that really turned me up to the point where like, you know, I mean you don't know, you know me long than anybody here, but like if you knew me in my twenties, I smacked the ship out of the moll buck like just because it's about respect. There's no social media. What happens here stage here. No, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: I'm dead serious. Whoever know me?
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is is like you can't you can't be that person at a certain age. You can't fly off the handle. So you better learn how to deal with disappointment. You better learn how to deal with frustration. And it's gonna come from people close to you. It's gonna come from you know, family members.
Speaker 3: You just got to be able to pivot.
Speaker 5: Man. Yeah, And that's a lot of times. And this is why I feel sorry for y'all. I know you was thirty, nigga, this is crazy. But your generation, you know, but your generation, y'all get to see everything about your superhero. There's no mysterious nothing, there's no mistique. All the women show you what they got, you ain't even got to take it. So it's a weird place to be in because then what is the actual genuineness of the relationship. I've seen you do this, I know you do this, I know your habits, I know who you hang with, I know where you be. I don't like none of that shit, So like, is it taking affinity away? You know what I'm saying, is it taking the respect away? So it's just a weird place to be and we're in weird times. That's why you don't see me doing a lot of shit no more. I do the right shit, big black, temp pole black, excellent shit. I don't do none of the nigga shit because the nigga shit needs to die.
Speaker 6: And you stand on business with that. Another thing you're doing is no ordinary love an event that you put.
Speaker 3: On quarterly fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I actually called you about that one. I went out my way and called you.
Speaker 5: No ordinary love is the way I feel about music, the way I feel about you know, fashion, my people moments. You know, there's no ordinary love to those feelings. Like it's not you know, I always tell my wife I love you, but it's something more and then as you saw it documentary, I came with the word respect. But knowing they love for me is an o to I'm not done right. I don't want to do it all the time, but when I want to do it, I'm gonna turn the fuck up. So the last knowing their love, I bought a limb price from Oyster Hut. People were like, what is this? Then they ate the food like this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it was a pool party.
Speaker 5: It was a pool party. You know. We had all the sections and the things, and nobody wanted to leave. And big Shot the prong horn. They sponsored all the ordinary loves but shout to my l So it's just a gathering of like minded individuals who like to have a good motherfucking time.
Speaker 3: So what about Uncle Niar's Man?
Speaker 5: The best investment I ever made?
Speaker 3: Model Left of the house.
Speaker 2: You know, whole bunch.
Speaker 5: When I first told you all about that, keep those bottles. If they have the house on it, it's done. Okay, you have.
Speaker 6: Yours, the brown and the white.
Speaker 3: Brown in they thank you for telling me.
Speaker 5: Now, No, I'm just saying that they're gonna be worth some money because the new logo is the distillery logo and the logos I gave you guys was the dan Call Farmhouse. Yeah, which was the house that Jack Daniels came as an orphan and he learned how to make whiskey for. But there's means amazing, man's uh, you know, we just I think it was just evaluated one point one billion. For everyone who thinks I'm an ambassador, I.
Speaker 3: Am an owner. And what you say, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's so wild because you know, I don't be running around I don't have a one point one billion dollars either, But.
Speaker 2: I say that some people about to be calling you, but.
Speaker 5: I have a couple of hundred thousand shares. You could do the math. We started seventy five cents, it's now thirty something dogs. So so the thing is though, like when you was thinking, went to his calculator. But the thing is like when you think about like, you know Kenny Burns, you see him around these brands and for so long, to even Rari's point earlier, it's like I was making these other brands so and then billions came through and I haven't consulted for another brand without ownership since.
Speaker 6: And you have a new spirit and African Spirit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, African portfolio actually by ab Gin. There are four different gins has take care of my mentees.
Speaker 3: That's my boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we have Boosovaka, which we have four skews, one here in the States and three abroad. And we just introduced uh single agave which is in African agave, which is is not from the region of tequila, so it cannot be called tequila. But it's some of the best tequila we ever tasted.
Speaker 2: I want to try it. I'm a tequila love. I love me some tequila.
Speaker 5: I got you say less.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see how you're going to roll it out, because you're always doing something creative.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, these partners I have in this one, you know, I on ten percent of that company. It ain't a couple of hundred thousand shares, So let's hope this one goes to one point one man, but also on tem percent of Las Cream, the cor Haesian Creme Us inspired cream, the Corps my partners from Haiti, but they live in Montreal. But yeah, no, everybody's amazing these founders. Man. You know, it's like faun. Faun is a fucking superhero, y'all. I used to tell y'all about her, and I used to tell you about the brand that you see all the stories. I would tell you how she's so dynamic and what she's done for women in spirits and women in business in general. She has a new book, Love and Whiskey. I suggest you all read it quickly. Super insightful. But yeah, it's about having great partners, so I don't have to be the end all be all. I don't have to come up with all the marketing plans. Big shout to Demola and Chris. They are young geniuses. I mean not only with the liquid in the bottle, of design of the bottle, of how they're rolling it out, and then bringing on people that I've you know, mentored and taught like Heze and Arianna Marie who you all know, she's on the team as well.
Speaker 3: They get it, man.
Speaker 5: They move cases were I think we're at fourteen thousand cases for last year. We'll double that this year. And if anybody knows anything about spirits, that's when you know people come knocking.
Speaker 6: So I don't know nothing about spirit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know a little bit. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Forteen thousand cases, I don't know, But sound good de Leon might not have done fourteen thousand cases with all the marketing and support that they've.
Speaker 2: Haund that people might come calling you to knock everybody's.
Speaker 5: Phone. Don't stop ringing. It's just about making the right decision how you want to play the game. Thanks.
Speaker 1: So, is Spirits still like a you know, just for the audience? Is it still like a booming business?
Speaker 5: Spirits is a very loocative business. It's like selling drugs. I mean, you know, the markup is.
Speaker 1: Incredible because at one point we had, like the movement he had with.
Speaker 5: Those were movements that led the movement right. So if those were the ones who got the favor first. You know, what Puff deal with some Rock will arguably go down in history. What you know fifty was doing was getting his feet wet. He I don't think he did what Puff did. But now you have real founders that have real stories to tell and passionate about serving, you know, even like what spear Head Spirits with, you know, Ba Singo and Vusa. We want to see Africa in every backbar, like when you drink amarula that's not owned by a black man in South African, but it's not owned by you know, a black Man or black you.
Speaker 3: Know, like Lebron with Lobos, Lebron.
Speaker 5: With Lobos, So you have other people in the game. So I think now, to your point and to your statement, it is a movement, we have way more people with you know, the right intent and the right kind of idea of what to do in the business. I do think it gets kind of congested when you got like people making local sweet potato vodka and just and it's cool and there's nothing wrong with that, but I think it's like, you know, it clutters up the just like Instagram on social media. Stop yeah, and if you if you have a real story. But I feel, and I don't know how you got it, but I feel all around the world is congested with creatives from every industry because now you're being shown that you can be this successful right by looking at something, and that's false.
Speaker 2: It looks easy on TikTok, it looks easy.
Speaker 6: On I think anybody is feeling like whatever I got to do not to go to work.
Speaker 5: That's and that's a fact. And that's because guess what with these brands, you have to do. You have to work. You have to You don't see Kenny Burns not working you don't see farm weave are not working. You don't see people that you respect in business not working. I'm always working, you know what I'm saying. And it's like that's the problem. So when you have creative congestion, you have fall off, right, Like you know, people talking about influencers aren't necessarily no more well no, the word influencers are necessarily. There's always going to be an influencer. There's always going to be somebody leading the charge having the connection being you know, the point person right.
Speaker 3: True definition of what that means exactly.
Speaker 4: But my thing is is, Kenny, if everybody is an influencer, who they influencing?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the problem. You don't know. I mean, you sound crazy to most people with it rings true in my head. What you just said is so important because I don't think people understand what you're saying. I'm gonna break it down. You have all these people that say they're influencing something, right, and most of them might get a chair on some way, but it's not because they deserve the check. It's because they know somebody and not because they have a super ordained talent. It's because they know somebody, and that's the problem with this creative congestion because back in the day it was order. You have to you have to build your way up to something. Therefore you couldn't be knocked off. How many people you see to get knocked off weekly?
Speaker 2: Every week?
Speaker 5: How many people have you seen in the last year come and go. I'm talking about musically, I'm talking about everything, like, it's not nothing sustainable.
Speaker 3: I can say. In the media space, I just say, like in the media space, you actually had to be influential be in this space, and you have to start somewhere. You have your talk and you could just talk in the camera and you just had some clips that can go viral. If you think about the algorithm, the algorithm doesn't even suggest you people are watching past thirty seconds, and.
Speaker 5: It's a lie. By the way, the algorithm is a lie. They pinpoint, they push traffic away, they push traffic to if you don't buy, If you don't buy, they don't show but the thing. And this is why I think at the end of the day, it's gonna go back to real versus fake, because it's not sustainable. No one can keep up this level of presentation and you're not that you can't because you're gonna crash and burn. You're gonna dumb out do something you weren't supposed to do. You're gonna try some ship, will pp be scared, you will do something to try to keep up, and it's just not going to be. It's not gonna work out to your advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Meta ruin the Internet.
Speaker 5: I think they gave a lot of honestanding. But I said they gave a lot of opportunity. It's what we're doing with It's how we're crashing and burning. It's like the music business. Everything gotta be misogynistic. Everything got to be death. There's no feel good nothing, you know what I'm saying, And that's why there is.
Speaker 3: We are. There is, but it's not. It's not magnified, like cities should be way bigger than she is. But the ladies talking about the things that's trending that gets more attention.
Speaker 5: Which she shouldn't because you respect her more than you respect but.
Speaker 3: Respect her more so that she should get magnified.
Speaker 5: Well, you should be you and people like you should be the evangelist.
Speaker 3: I think it should be more.
Speaker 6: Have you seen sexy red?
Speaker 3: Don't get me on that because you just get him.
Speaker 6: And Sexy red Yah. I have not seen her music, but.
Speaker 5: First of all, she has bops. I hate the representation, you know, for for my black women. And I come from the ghetto, and I don't believe you were ever meant to stay in the ghetto. I don't believe your mentality was ever meant to stay there. I don't believe you should ever stay there because guess what, And I'm talking about this version of the ghetto. Back in the day, you took care of your ship in the hood. You took care of your ship. You weren't, you know what I mean. Like, I've seen people with four bedrooms in the hood look better than four bedrooms in the penthouse, just because of the way they took care of their surroundings. But we have this false sense of identity that we're supposed to be fucked up and that if you don't get money, you ain't shit. And that's all music is betraying. And she just happens to be one of the queens of that era. And it's to me, it's unsettling because when you got to double down. I don't know if y'all saw that viral clip a NBA young Boy, Meek Mill. It was somebody else basically talking about how they were push to be demonic. They were push to say it's viral clip, it's a viral clip, and they were being pushed. Now when I heard NBA young Boy, Cause y'all remember when we were doing this, I used to go on NB A young boy all the time, like why is he retarded? Like I don't want him to be retarded? But it's like you doubling down on it.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 5: I was made to feel like I had to make that type of music to get money. But guess what's happening right now. It ain't about the art no more. It's about money.
Speaker 2: It's about the money.
Speaker 5: And so when you have you know, I don't know, y'all seen the clips of the Asian groups, you know, done don thin They had the groups and all the and they trying to look like the black version or whatever, and it's likeakdancing. Yeah that right there, child, That was That's a whole other episode. That wasn't even breakdancing. But the point I'm trying to make is you see these people identifying with the worst of us, and we still running culture. So it's like, all right, it got to be a setup. It can't be that this is art and this is cool. Again, sexy makes bops. If she could rap in the verses and had him hooks, do you not think she had the same the same outcome. She probably make more money, She probably had more endorsements. But don't nobody. Nobody's telling her that, you know what I'm saying. Lotto, great example, Glo Rilla, great example rap Like to me, they the hardest out Megan great example, can really rap god talent.
Speaker 3: I mean, do I think.
Speaker 5: That the ticket needs to stop just for two weeks? I mean, we just need but other than that, but other than that, but because guess what, look at what they did the Glorrilla. They tried to make her vixen, and it was like, nah, yeah, glow top all that's what you want from her, You don't want, you know what I mean, sexy glow at the bet Awards on some lips archer.
Speaker 3: That's not her.
Speaker 6: That's sexy red though, and that's that's representation of the hood.
Speaker 3: Let me also, can we also give them time to evolve because she's still extremely new.
Speaker 5: No, just my whole thing is and I know I'm at the guy of collegists trying to see what's going on with a box. I'm in the car smoking weed with the baby in the back seat. I'm pregnant and I'm looking for a baby daddy. We can't keep celebrating this shiit.
Speaker 3: No, I got you. I agree. But I do think in the hood, growing up in the hook is just I did too. People do evolve and change as they get Oh so I think we should give her some time. Are giving her time? I don't think. I don't think that's gonna last for her to continue to keep rapping about the exact same thing. I think.
Speaker 6: I do believe I think rapping. I think you're talking about that exact I'm not.
Speaker 5: Ain't talking about what she rapping about because again she has bops. I'm gonna give you time to grow. THEO be crazy. No, the box is crazy. But listen, if you're living a certain thing that people are emulating, it's like it's like me to you if I told you know, let's be one hundred percent, I've been with you through all your relationships. I mean, well, I want you through your whole relation right. If I were going to be a dirty dick nigga telling you to be a dirty dick nigga. Do you think you would have been a dirty dick nigga seeing me be successful? No, but I've been married twenty five years. How are you pattering your life? Am I lying?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: The exactly that shit matters?
Speaker 5: Got you?
Speaker 2: What my thing is? This why we can't hold labels accountable because they fuel.
Speaker 5: You don't listen to the Kenny burn Show. I do not say all the time.
Speaker 3: Let me also say, she has an audience and they are literally buying when she's selling.
Speaker 5: No, exactly the bop is going to make her relevant.
Speaker 3: When she stops in the vaults, It's going to be somebody else that takes that spot. But that's not a spot that should be filled.
Speaker 5: There's a spot that should be destroyed, should be destroyed.
Speaker 3: It has to be like that.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what's Happeningtnately, I love you, I'm with you. But this is why Donald Trump exists.
Speaker 7: We'll be right back with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 5: Baller Nation is the lifestyle Specialists aka the Culture Man, Kenny Burns and Stay Tuned, Sexy Read and Donald Trump are two peas. Think about what I'm saying. Donald Trump in a political sphere can say whatever he wants. I mean, he is committing political suicide in any other generation, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with that.
Speaker 4: And how many fellas he's been convicted of I believe thirty seven.
Speaker 3: No, he's not on a convicted failing. But he's saying.
Speaker 5: He's saying the ship that white men have been spearheading this entire time, but not saying out loud.
Speaker 3: Do you want to blame it?
Speaker 5: He said, you want a white president.
Speaker 2: That's what he says.
Speaker 5: She's a bit, that is what he said, like he's saying things to get your head knocked off. So my point is the reason I say that to peas in the pot is because when you look at the dysfunctionalism of the world, if the former president of the United States is saying whatever he wants and it's he said yesterday that Kamala Harris took away Christmas, it's almost like unbelievable.
Speaker 3: There are people that will believe that.
Speaker 5: They don't believe it, and they will act on it. That's my point.
Speaker 4: But he said that though he said he said, I'm someone who can do whatever and say whatever, and people are.
Speaker 3: He said he could go shoot someone in broad daylight.
Speaker 5: This is two years prior to actually enacting it in Congress with the Supreme Court. I'm well enacted with Supreme Court that new thing they just passed. You could do whatever you want to do to somebody and don't get it twisted. If the president of the United States has that autonomy, it's coming for the for the police next.
Speaker 3: They're already doing it.
Speaker 5: But my thing is like, what do you not see the disruption of the world as we know it. The point of sexy in equating them to each other is because if you don't care about life, that, if you don't care about yourself, how are you supposed to care about life? And then if you don't care about life, you don't care about your child's life, you don't care about your surrounding, you don't care about your mom and them were talking about people not having Social Security one day and that type of energy gonna.
Speaker 3: Get you through. Know you're a crash and burn.
Speaker 5: So it's just I don't think people think it'd be like, yeah, let's say have fun.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm oh shit, And.
Speaker 2: I don't think people want to think anymore.
Speaker 4: I think I think people are so messed up, you know, financially, that people don't want.
Speaker 2: To think anymore.
Speaker 4: People would rather, you know, use music, or use going to the club, or use drinking every day.
Speaker 5: I say use drugs because people that don't want to feel they are addicted to something. There's not a person that is sober that doesn't want to live a life of prosperity and possibility. If you fucking don't care about life, you just want to be high. You want to supplement whatever is burning this side of you. And I feel for those type people because lot of people can't get out their own way. But the people that know better got to do better. To your point, the label's got to do better. You know, I'm saying to celebrate something that's so destructive. When did you ever think you would see women as misogicistic as men have always been?
Speaker 3: Have you did?
Speaker 5: I mean think about that.
Speaker 3: I never thought it's been almost an evolution.
Speaker 5: And then the corny motherfuckers, see this is how the whole shit fucked up. Kanye West and them are responsible for all this shit because you have frustrated nerves that became superstars that downplayed all things they were taught because that first girl he had that delta, the way he loved his mom and how he showed up a college dropouts who we need right now. But he turned into the sex slave, fucking demonic, fucking whatever because he never had that. See, somebody got pussy in high school. Don't do that. Somebody that was cool play sports, had friends. They don't do that. But these Elon musk, all these motherfuckers crashing and burning, they created worlds. They created with what's the guy from Facebook on him? He created a world because a girl wouldn't talk to him.
Speaker 3: He created the world.
Speaker 5: And so look at what we're dealing with. We're dealing with the world right that was created by people who have no real intention to be loyal to other people, show compassion, show grace. They want to control, they want to have power. They don't want to exist. They want to be better than And when you got one hundred and ninety billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars, you did it.
Speaker 5: Got when you got warm Buffett money, They souced money. You know what I'm saying, Zuckerberg, you don't have to deal with nobody. So what happens the pawns in the game. Elon must don't care about none of you motherfuckers. If you own a Tesla, you should sell it. I'm gonna tell you why you should sell it. I bought a Tesla one hundred five thousand dollars. The motherfucker dropped the price to eighty five thousand dollars. Not only was I gonna get rid of the car because there was no value in the motherfucker. They offered me twenty six thousand. Now just bought a g Wagon twenty six thousand dollars. They end up give me thirty because I had a rhino paint job. But the cowell worthshit. And so if a man is gonna take your money, then drop the price, kill your value in your car. You want to support that time motherfucker. And then he going crazy, he's supporting the devil and like fuck you.
Speaker 4: AND's and he's been biased because people who are on Twitter x that's posting content positive content about Kamala Harris, he's getting their content and their pace deleted.
Speaker 5: Bro, it's not a real world.
Speaker 3: The fucking truth curiated world by him, The truth that.
Speaker 5: Is buried all the time. You see Dan Rather was just you know og Dann Rather news anchor legend talks Monotone. He was on with Sean Hennity and Sean Henny what they were having a good conversation, seemed cordial, right, it's a clip going around right now. Then all of a sudden, you know, he says, well, you don't like what we do. He's like, no, you're dangerous. Basically, you're not telling the truth. You choose ideology over truth. The fuckings the real. It is trump by fake. It's a world where you can lie and and it becomes the truth. This is a problem. That's because guys, why, no one's counter it's no countermeasures no more. Back in the hood, when you grew up and you lie, big homie is gonna smack this ship out you or beat you up, and you can't lie no more. And you can't lie no more because lying was a fucking it was a sin.
Speaker 3: It was a sin, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But people lie every day, become the versions of themselves they want to be through social and digital channels every day.
Speaker 3: It's scary, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and nobody cares because people still running around here with them ugly cyber trucks, like, look at my pain job.
Speaker 6: It's better than yours.
Speaker 3: Over here. Like y'all really in the competition.
Speaker 4: But think, but think about who they supporting, what you support when you buy that test of truth, It's not just about the truth. It's about who are you supporting, who this money.
Speaker 5: Going, And that matters. You're right, bt, it matters.
Speaker 3: It matters.
Speaker 4: It's like we always get black people always get all this money. Soon we get all this money, we're gonna give the money to the person that's suppressing your own cons This is why.
Speaker 5: Black people should realize that true superpower. We control the algorithm. Nothing happens in culture without us because ignorantly we spend the most ignorant. Yes, we dying to put it on ignorantly. We are continuously proving it right.
Speaker 3: And they laugh every time. They be laughing too.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about the think about if I'm Elon Musk, right, and I'm supporting this particular man, and I bought this platform to tell all y'all to shut up, and I could tell I.
Speaker 5: Can literally forty four billion dollars to do it.
Speaker 4: I can make all I can make all y'all voices not be heard anymore. And then I put out a truck and then all the black people that's rich it's gonna support me, but I'm gonna suppress all your people that ain't got the money that you got.
Speaker 3: And you know what else.
Speaker 5: And I want to say this because we are under eighty day. I think one of day to days now to this election. Black men, you really hating on KAMMONA Hers. Black women, you really hating on Kamma Hers. Let's put politics aside. Anybody who serves for the majority of their life think about what I'm saying. Graduates from Howard University, goes into law, becomes the attorney General, becomes a senator, then the vice president of the United States, and now is about to be president of the United States. You don't see wonderment in that impossibility in now I'm talking about as a black person. And I know the majority of it is Russian bots in my comments, but anytime I post it be detailed informations. I got to go to these people page and they follow me, and I'm like, well, I know you know how I get down.
Speaker 3: You follow me.
Speaker 5: And it's not a thing of like policy or things that would have you not vote for somebody. It's personal. It's personal. She don't she ain't black, Oh no, she said she was in there. Oh no, no, she don't. She don't fuck with black exam.
Speaker 6: Even though she's a lawyer.
Speaker 3: She don't.
Speaker 5: She don't got no law degree. Huh, well, are you reading what you're typing? So this is where we thoughtful human beings got to show up for other thoughtful human beings. I don't give a fuck about Democratic Party, Republican Party, Independent. I want humans in place that I can relate to. I want humans in place that have the right ideas for my community. I want humans in place that's not gonna give everything to the rich and wealthy. That if you make one hundred and eighty nine billion dollars you could give away eighty billion dollars and solve every problem we have in the United States and not miss the money. But yet you're giving them tax breaks. You could take money and take the buildings downtown in Atlanta, Georgia that are vacant, staff them, put every homeless person in that motherfucker, every mental person, give aid to every flow, and it wouldn't cost you to me dollars. I'm just saying certain things can happen in life. But yet we talk. We're talking about a black woman who's highly educated. That's worthy of the position. And you know we're throwing darts, were throwing we shooting bullets punintended, like.
Speaker 3: What's going on? You got a man who faked an assassination.
Speaker 5: Y'all listen.
Speaker 1: If you're enjoyed this conversation, this is definitely a preview of the Kenny Bird Show.
Speaker 6: Find it wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Another thing that you're doing is hosting the BMC Awards, Yes, the b MAC Awards.
Speaker 5: The amazing founders of that organization Man started to.
Speaker 3: You know, Frank Justice Awards.
Speaker 5: It is the Black Music Action Coalition and as founded by Prophet and A shawna Ayres Tubby, a whole bunch of amazing humans got together and wanted to bring justice and rights back to songwriters and performers. And they honor people who all over the you know, industry. Or this year they're honoring Usher, they're honoring bt so Big Seat, the Ken Page, Cannie or land On, all amazing people there. And it is your ll cool J who, by the way, last year he was in the audience and I think I got him hype, and I think that's why he you know what I'm saying, because I was literally on stage. I couldn't believe he was there. So it was Flavor flavoring him and I was like, Flavor Flag. I was like, y'oll make some noise for Flavor Flame. And then I told the fifteen hundred and nothing band, who's our amazing band During the show, I was like, yo, I'm a rap. I need love. I need you to just come on in with the dude. Dude, so I got out there. I was like, yeah, ll coolja is it makes some noise, fellow cooch, I said'm gona try this. I want you to help me out. When I'm alone in my room sometime I stare at the ball and in the back of my mind I hear my conscious call telling me I need a girl who's the sweet as a duh. For the first time in my life, I see I need love And I was like, oh shit, I did that shit out. You gotta eighty eight that song and I was singing that song no and I just felt in my so big shout the l cool that's how you took me back. But yeah, big shot to the BMACK Awards. Yeah, a lot of amazing things going on.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of amazing things going on. We appreciate you taking the time out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: We thank you for you know, even thinking of this, you know, the Butlerler Show, you know, bringing all of us together, and BT came a little later.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of changes. Now I can't believe I'm still here, but you know we're here now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're important to the culture too.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to let you know that we need more people like you in a position of power, in a position of people who do have a voice and use a voice for the right thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, and.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the amazing is Jessica Burns.
Speaker 5: We're about to celebrate twenty five years of marriage.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, twenty five years.
Speaker 5: What's the key communication and growing together? Because when you grow apart, that's when the foundation gets cracks in it.
Speaker 6: And that's also said in your latest podcast.
Speaker 5: Yes, my latest podcast says that too. And I think that you guys, you know, got to understand the relationships are everything personal or business and we all need someone so why not stay down with the person that knows you best. I think we had that type of mentality. You would always see the best in your significant other.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to tell you, to tell you in private, but on camera.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Kenny Burns is one of the people I call anytime I make a really big decision. I don't think I've ever made a decision the last ten plus years without consulting with you. And then whenever I any motivation, I go to your house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sit down, get your mind right, the trees in.
Speaker 3: The ground, his backyard is like, I'm over here, like, yeah, I gotta get my backyard.
Speaker 5: Lad.
Speaker 3: Remember I remember you were my motivation for my rocks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're told me I.
Speaker 2: Had the dealship. This is rich people talk right here. You rock city.
Speaker 5: It's ethics.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: You have to create your surroundings to sustain, you know.
Speaker 3: To see that. I remember the first time I went to his house, I said, whoa, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna go too deep into it. But I was like, I remember, I started writing. I had stopped to get gas and I wrote down some motivational tips that I need to do because I just need sometimes you need that you do.
Speaker 5: Definitely, we all inspire each other and that's the gag too, And I want you youngins out there. Man, you gotta have some o gs. How y'all, how are you supposed to learn from their mistakes?
Speaker 2: I keep around. I remember.
Speaker 3: Take that ship down when I was acting crazy on Instagram. I don't really like addressing no hater or nothing like that can't be so let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Ever, hear me mention something and name somebody I want you to know, because there's plenty of motherfuckers. I ain't name it, right, No, No, I'm that serious because it's not about it. It's not a pissing contest about who I can shop. I go on every platform and talk the most shit, right, But I don't. That's not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to tell stories that help others get through a great bars like you literally are supposed to help people with your stories. So occasionally you mentioned a name that's gonna help somebody.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: He said it about Slim, he the most powerlem fucker radio. Oh damn, he said it about such such such.
Speaker 3: That's you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So okay, cool, I'm I'm it's a mental note that I'm somebody. I don't have to be beholding to nobody. You know what I'm saying, that's the key for that, let.
Speaker 2: Me know who to avoid. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I appreciate people who we live in such a fake world, man, and you you never know people because.
Speaker 1: You don't expect people to come and say to your face, right, But that's what thing I do. Yeah, and I don't mind saying, you know what it is. And one thing that I appreciate about you is that, Kenny, is that you staying on business like I've been staying throughout this whole episode.
Speaker 6: Even when I first met you at the station. You know, you had a mission.
Speaker 1: You came in and you did your thing, you know, work out, but you know you came back and you did something way bigger and then they made them come back for you. Like I said, I wouldn't expect me to be here right now, you know what I'm saying. But I take pride in anything that I do my very best at it. And you know, even when you was at V, it's like you you want to come over, I don't want to, but we end up working together on your podcast because I kind of like that better versus the corporate thing.
Speaker 6: Because I'm not a ready Rows fan either.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate you to fix your life homes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I appreciate you the authenticity. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I forget what that one unquote that you always say, never let your expectations.
Speaker 5: Exceed your efforts. Your dream y'all are in value. All y'all to know that man, keep these voices alive, keep speaking truth to power because you're not. Many people are doing.
Speaker 1: It, and big shot outs before we cannot leave this what I mentioned in your future NBA stars, your son.
Speaker 5: Kennya Kot, Kenny, Kyle out there. Kyle is at Dodd City in Kansas, Kenny's in South Carolina doing his thing, and I'm just proud of my boys. I raise some good humans. I think this year was a defining year. We've never been empty nesters. Kyle had his surgeries, Kenny's had his knee surgeries, and somebody's always been home even since high school graduation. So we're finally, you know, in that where we feel like we're empty nesters. Right, So it's you know, it's time to you know, for this next chapter for everybody, and I'm super proud and happy about it.
Speaker 6: I love that man. Before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: We do have a Pep Talk ball and Nation.
Speaker 5: It is the Lifestyle Specialist aka the Cultureman, Kenny Burns, and I just want to give you this free game. Never let anyone else define who you will be in this lifetime. We get one life, we get one chance at being everything we want to be, and so why would we waste it worrying about someone else's opinion? I love you and your life. Stay tuned. It's the baller Alert Show.
Speaker 7: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alert. Log on to baller alert dot com