Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, mother Bucky podcast make he's a legends every queens rapper he ain't s agreed is your boy in O r E d's a Miami hip hop pioneer up his dj.
Speaker 2: E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 3: Drinks chans Postcavery Days New Year's ce Listen, It's time for drink Champions. Drink up.
Speaker 4: Mother would a goodie obvious to be your boy? N A O n A A what up his dj E f N? This middle tammy crazy wall you have. You have a drink Champs and podcast makes some numb And right now we have what we are missing in this industry. Right now we have a strong black street CEO person who changed the game, put brothers together, took him out of the hood and gave him a chance and made stars.
Speaker 3: This is the CEO of Rough Riders.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna give him his motherfucking flowers today in case you don't know what we're talking about. So my motherfucker deep so D for the people that don't know, right, how did Rough Riders get started?
Speaker 3: How did?
Speaker 2: How did? How did?
Speaker 4: That's right, that's why that's but people don't don't know.
Speaker 3: But how did?
Speaker 4: Because Rough Riders a lot of people don't understand that Rough Riders is like a motorcycle crew kind of right. And then it's a record label, so it's like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: It's more like music. And then this bike is two separate.
Speaker 3: Entity which bikes was in first, or music was first?
Speaker 2: The music was first. We were doing music way before the bikes. Then we just attached that to the bikes, to the music, and that's how they came into play after the music that we've been doing music before bikes, right, right.
Speaker 4: So I love this story about DMX right uh where Leo all comes to see him and I believe and and and exit jaw is wire shut ye ye. So first of all, first of all, how wasn't you like nervous to present him to Leo Coles because his his wi his George Wyat But you knew his talent was that raw that that that Leo was going. So this problem what happens okay involved right.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened was IRV used to be a producer for us in this way before he got a situation. Then he believed the next use. He knew we was working on developing them through the course of six years or however long it was taken. But he was there some of that journey, witness some of that journey. He witnessed that, you know, the experience to get the experienced exit to see his.
Speaker 5: Talent and knew he was good going back when he was working with Mike Geronimo.
Speaker 2: Because he had Mike Geronimo first, before he had cash.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they was all connected. So we had him probably even before we had HERV, even before he did that, because I think he didn't have nothing at that moment. He wasn't even making My brother bought him a drum machine. He gave him his first drum machine, and that's when he got into start doing beat And he was the first drum machine we bought him.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So then okay, so is it IRV who says I got Leo Coles is coming.
Speaker 3: They want to come to see him. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: What happened was IRV must have got connected with somebody at death Chair and they gave him a job at death Sham. So they told him, you know, we need to do X, Y and Z and he was like, no, I don't want to do that. I got somebody I want to work. He was talking about exit and they knew X. We know X always balking and doing different things. So he started doing when he rhymes, and then they said, well we can. He must have been the meeting at death Chair. He got the job as the A n R. And he was like, well I got d MX. He was like, well we don't. They shld him. We don't want nobody that balks and we ain't. We don't want to let we we just here to sell records. So he quit his job, quit his job, and he quit his job. Then Leork came back and got him and said no, no, no, no, come back. We need you, We need you, we need you. So he went back to do his job. He said, only way I'm gonna take my job is if you come with me to Yankers and meet DMX. So that's when they came to the Younkers in the DMX.
Speaker 4: I'll do so all right, but here's here's here's my deal, right because you didn't have an artist at that time, correct.
Speaker 2: No, we we had.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm saying, like I'm signed. No no, no, no, no, it wasn't something so so le York is coming there. But what made you have the confidence to say, you know what, I'm gonna let him rhyme even though his his joy is wired, because.
Speaker 2: He already knew he could do it, because he was doing the previous like little stuff in the studio waving. But even that deal just came out of nowhere. His joe was still wire. He wasn't getting around that right, but he was already rhymen, so I know he can do that. But we wasn't baking of him rhymen at that time. We were just banking on his music, playing some music. So Leo just was like, well, let me hear something. And I was like, I said, come here, XK for a minute. But he was talking. He was rhyming like I'm talking so even yeah, but you don't know it's George Y and Leo, nobody knows it's George White at the time. He's just as I'm talking. This is how he's rhyming. Very no, it don't sound like nothing on this joke, but they don't know it's George White at this time. So I said, all right, come here, and he split a couple of rounds like Leo was like, oh, you know, that's pretty good and this, and then I was like, now coming from me, and I told me, coming a little across, to open your mouth. Just look at his mouth and see his mouth was shut. Wow, Okay, that's it. That's what made me get a deal with his doors. He's seeing that the Joe was wie.
Speaker 5: So you guys didn't have no other deal before that? No, no, because I swore that I had.
Speaker 3: Heard X on records, but was well.
Speaker 5: Like anything with Big Bat, anything like that.
Speaker 3: That's when he called solo right something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to do a way back. But I think that probably even before us with somebody else and then we had got him. So but with us, it was probably that moving forward. But he was already rapping and doing things. But it was kind of difficult because you know, different type of artists. He worked out for us because we knew how to handle him. You know what I'm saying. He wasn't type of artists where you just say go there through the song. It didn't work like that. Never ever, he'd rather be outside flying recent calls on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So let me ask you, and I just recently. I recently discovered this, right.
Speaker 4: I was recently just going through tours and.
Speaker 3: I realized that Rough Rider Cash.
Speaker 4: Money Toll might be top five of hip hop greatest tours of all time.
Speaker 2: That was a good tour.
Speaker 3: I was, so, how did this happen? You and Baby got together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how it worked out because we was in We was doing well at that time and they were doing well at the time. So it's Baby and Slim and as me and my brother, so you know, it kind of connected. They from the streets, were from the streets, so we come from that side of the program that we were dealing with them. So they were like, okay, so we clicked and then they had Juvenile. I need to use Juvenile for a song, So I said, let me get Juvenile. Once I got Juvenile, put them on one of the compilations that we did, and then we got close. And that's how we connected the tour and we figured out how to make a tour happen.
Speaker 4: Because you know, a lot of us don't know when we're making history, and some of us do know when we're making history. Some of us are like, we smack that in the middle of it, and like, yo, if this goes correct, all right, this is going to be a legendary, it's gonna be an historic moment from from the beginning. Did you know that about that?
Speaker 2: To all? No, he did, no remember thinking about history. Were just doing what we loved and and just music. When you love we are a passion for music. So when you got a passion, you don't be thinking about what you're doing. You're just doing it a the love of the music and the people that you believe in. So that was more for me, like be able to uh because I had kissing them my head. They all from Yonkers kids on yo. So I had them for years when it was babies. I used take them to school and pick them up and drop them off. It's crazy. So I got a chance to watch them develop, you know what I'm saying. So you never know until you get there. You know, It's not like I could foresee and say this is going to be big. I got artists that I worked with that didn't make it, so you know, you got to pick and shoes and they just have them staying out and popo so they worked and exs from Yonkers and and the locks is from Yankis. So that was that was something that I deal with to this day.
Speaker 5: But hold up, but going back to that tour really quick, Yes, how difficult was that logistically for did you guys have.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, like that's don't say I'm thinking y'all would have egos. I'm thinking that would be class.
Speaker 2: Read about it. Like the whole time. We never had a problem, not in that one incident, because here it's easy when you both understand each other. You're from the street. Were from the street, all right, and we never even I don't even think it was a fight on that hotel. I don't think we have no type because it's a line of respect, you know, because you already know where it's going. It ain't no offens, it ain't no in between. You ain't gonna ain't gonna be a couple of punches in the past. You have the answer to a type of situation. So we don't want no problems. They don't want no problem, and we respect them. So they was young, we were young, just coming in the game, and we just want to do we have to do that make history right, So.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 4: Because you're both hot, right, there's no way that you can measure, you know, d MX hotness to Lil Wayne hotness or Jeuvy was hot.
Speaker 3: Believe Juvy did three million that year. I believe the accident like ten million.
Speaker 4: So how do y'all, how do y'all decide who comes, who closes out the show?
Speaker 3: Or how did that go?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you a crazy story. Not even with them. It was easy because we were able to say you can close, we can close. I think we were swipping it like that, you close, we close, you closed, something like that. So that's like you got another don't make it, make work. So but one of the times we had a situation and this is with Hoove, so we was on tour. Then we have to refer the rocket falls, so this is the tall So we're on tour one time, so we was already debating on X going last, and I was like, no, hole, want to go last. So you know they already been going through they little well wait before they got there, right, So he got an ego ast ego, I'm better than you, you ain't better than me, and we're going through that. So I was like, you know what, we got to a degreement, were like, you know what goad, y'all can go last. So I told Hole he could go last. Yeah, I said, a cool He talked to him and he's cool. So maybe like three shows in so you know X is going before a whole so taking a shirt off, it's a whole nother situation going on. So he got this type of energy that when he go, if you're going after him, whoever's after him, the crowd probably gonna be burnt out after the time. So there wasn't getting the energy from them that he just know they normally would have.
Speaker 3: Gotten because it almost guy jumping.
Speaker 2: So they go on record and when Hope get up there, they ain't got no more energy. He was like, he was like, you know what. So we went back in the room. He was like, this is what we're going to do. Let's can we work it out like this, y'all can go last, and I'll go before X. That's how we set it up. After three shows though, because X was draining the crowd, he wasn't getting a response and energy, so we.
Speaker 3: Switched it back around. Nobody can't fuck.
Speaker 4: The dog results man, So all right, boom so your first deal right, uh? Well, Rough Riders was it was the Locks signed first, and that was signed to bad Boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we was managing them. We didn't even have them signing. Oh wow, So just manage because I.
Speaker 4: Always thought y'all was production, and why not recently that y'all was managing them?
Speaker 3: Okay, when you're bruging the Puff, he was.
Speaker 4: He was the management Okay, not not one hundred percent managing Okay, so how does that work?
Speaker 2: We just was managing them. We we we had X signed, but we was managing them. So you know, we're going through their little trying to get where X was because X was already who he was and as an artist, and it was just up you young, up and coming artists. So but I did was we were still learning the game ourself too at this point, so I was like, you know what, just sign the Puff and I could pretty much learn the game and study the game as I'm managing them. So all I did was when he went to when the studio, I would go to the studio with puffing. I would see how they would work and see how everything was going. Because I ain't know much about music neither, but I learned it from just watching him doing albums. Bigg's album Kim album, and it was just running back and forth from this room to that room. Now. I used to be like, dam why do you keep running from room the room? But he was doing two albums, one in this room and one in that room.
Speaker 3: He was doing bigs at who else?
Speaker 2: He probably doing Big album and Kim's out.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But he running back and forth with me, like you know, I'm new to the game. So I'm like, you keep running back and forth with are you doing? So he was working on Kim's album and BIG's album. He was working both albums at once.
Speaker 4: Wow, when you got the idea to do DMX two albums, No, I'll get a better idea for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you talk about that.
Speaker 2: But see, see what they don't know is X used to be with me because I used to be I used to be in Baltimore, so I used to be out there. I used to keep them with me so I could keep my arms so you don't be getting in trouble. So what happened was one day was on the block and where was outside? And he was like, I asked him something and he had like a selective memory. He had a memory of where you couldn't forget if you said it to me, it sounds he had one of those memories. So I was like, how you remember? He was, oh, I got a memory. Well, you know, if I said it and two three times, I just can't forget it. So just so I figured that out, and that was probably years before we got a deal. So I said, okay, I give you one hundred dollars for every rhym, and you give me oh yeah. So he was like, all right, So every day you were coming me with two rhymes and I'd be like, say that and I hear it, and I'll be like, say it again. You say it again, I'm all right, say it again. He say two times. I know you're never gonna forget it, because that's how his mind was. So when they say two hours in one year, I've been had the albums in his head. All I had to do. He never had to write again. I just be like, all I had to do was remember like three balls and be like blah blah blah blah blah blah. You oh yeah, I remember going to move and say the whole song.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, he said, around right, but I want to go further back because you said that you learned the music business when managing the Locks being around bat Boy. But where did you guys get the bug to even want to get into the music business at all.
Speaker 2: Well, the music came from my brother. He was looking at a Cowboy movie one time and him and my mother was looking at That's what they came with the name rough as we was probably already doing music dances. Yeah, but we know Chad Elliott and doctor Seuss he was around way back then too, because you know, we was connected with him as well, so he played the big part on us getting focused on me. But we always had doing little music here in it, but then we took it to the next level. But how we got that the rougher of music influence is because they was looking at that movie and it was Cowboy, Black Cowboys. We took that name and just called it rough Riders. They was called rough Riders. That's how we got the name rough Riders from the Cowboy movie Rough Riders.
Speaker 5: And this is before you guys even had any connection any artists. You just this is the idea, we're gonna go this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna try this and just give it a shot, and you know, we just believed in Plus, we have people rhyme every day all day all the time. You know, we're in the hood, like we're from the hood. We see that all day. So it was easy for us to connect with the people because you see them every day like that.
Speaker 4: Because because I've read somewhere you I think you did a state bid and did a fat bed and he said, you said, I gotta try something different.
Speaker 2: You know about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so you said so you said, I gotta try something different. But what made you because at this time, d I had money. There's about there's about but there's about like three hundred people. There's about three, probably two at this time before you successful black street CEOs, and what I mean by that, there was other black CEOs, but they wasn't for us, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like I believe. I believe you Dame Dash and IRV Gotti kind of changed the game, you know what I mean. I mean, in my opinion, like black strong CEOs, but but at that time that wasn't popular. So this is what I'm trying to ask you, Like what made you invest me? And and I heard you say you had a statement and a fat bed. But what made you say? You know hip hop?
Speaker 3: Because you know what I mean, like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I wasn't really thinking about it like that. I just listened to rap. You know what I'm saying. Everybody know rapper. You enjoyed your inspect I appreciate rap.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I loved but I didn't know nothing about how to make music and I wasn't into it like that. And my brother had he had said he ran into heavy D because where we used to be at in Mount Vernon. Heaven's from Mount Vernon. So he ran into me and say, look, this is what you could do. And we was hustling probably about at that point. He's like, you could do this, try this, try some music that will help you out. And my brother was going start going into the music. Then he told me and I was like, all right, let's give it a shot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So we saw me with the music like that, So that was your inspiration, said heavy D because I'm Vernon and is like, that's that's like the next almost like the Bronx.
Speaker 2: In ma hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you want that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so heavy D, because man, heavy D was the inspiration for all of us.
Speaker 3: But I had a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he helped a lot of people too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so that was the first inspiration. You see someone successful to come over the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Pulling up because we used to hustle on third and third, thirty and third is where all the everybody's out there trying to do what they do to get whatever they can make. And he pull up every now and then periodically. I was good with his brother, which his brother was. His brother's name was Jerry. He passed away. Cad blessed that he was the wild boy, was the good kids. So he ran with us and Jerry used to be with us and we run everything. So yeah, we got it from that. We're running through, passing through and he was big head was big at that time. You know, we had the big albums. He inspired us to do the right thing.
Speaker 4: How about Mary J. Blige because she's from the Yonkers area.
Speaker 2: She from Wyom. That's Kiss and Mary. They all live in Wyom, you know, so they from over the sheet. I like the marriage music. I love her music, but I never knew it, so she really inspired me.
Speaker 3: Really, you never never never knew Mary.
Speaker 2: I know Mary I love Mary Marry. It's good. She family, but I ain't listened to her to the album. One of her albums was crazy then. I knew it then, but I didn't know it before that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna bounce around a little bit. One of the hottest subjects on the internet right now, it's thirty eight spect versus Jada Kiss.
Speaker 2: No, it ain't Jada Kiss. You know, I got my boy on him, which is the US that I'm working, which is Jada Kiss's cousin Brillo. So he the one going back and forth with him, right, really? Yeah, we said, let us get this kiss, we'll take care of him. So and we we took it in him at thirty eights, going back and we just sent me something today. Yep, you just sent me a joint that he did today. But going back and forth with writing a letter for thirty especially, he wrote a letter to them.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you, because you've been through this, You've seen Big and Pop, you see Kissing and Beanie, you've seen Wove and everybody, everybody. Basically, do you think this is good for hip hop?
Speaker 2: But the back and forth, Yeah, I mean it's good as bad as you make it. You know, it's just just a sport. You know, who can box the best, who can run the best is the sport. It depends on how you look at you know, what you want to turn into. I mean, I don't look at artists asks like they come in here to be shooters and killers. That case, they can stay on the block and they don't get in here. They just see the people that's around them ain't giving them the right the right information. Because see, you got a bunch of kids that come in I had kissing them when they was kids. I know what to tell them. Not to look y'all go that way, because if you was about this life, you would have been over there, not over here. You can't get over here. There's shoot don't want to be a drug dealer and the killer. Right, it's just don't go so you stay over there, continue to move that way. So most people don't got the right people around. They get money, they get a little money up, they go buy a couple of guns and then they they kill us.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: No, no, we don't need that a hip hop No, definitely, But you do like the competitive spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, okay, it works. Yeah, I mean that's That's that's what it is. It's just like playing basketball, you know, the competitive they're gonna you're gonna challenge you. You gotta challenge. That's what makes this more interesting.
Speaker 5: Right. But if the two mcs are the are the athletes, it's the people around those that are not the athlete's.
Speaker 3: Artists that do it that's the problem. Because I heard I heard that.
Speaker 4: You've seen BBC at a park and you called Jada Kiss. It's a normal phone called told them to get in the cab and you're pulled right up and squat story right yeah, yeah, yeah, squashed it right there and there like it was just them too.
Speaker 2: What happened was being is from Philly, but we is in Harlem, so I'm in Harlem. You know I'll be in Harlem. So what happened was they was doing event for the kids, giving away stuff and giving them free haircuts and different things. So I'm in the house and my barber called me and was like, you know that Kiss and Beans had a little situation. So he called me and said, because they keep telling the story. They smoked so much. God there inn week and kids they tell the fucking sort this is the story. So so what happened was my barber called me, tell me Beans is in the park. So I was like, I'll be right there, so I'll shoot to the park. I go in there. I was like, all right, what we doing? So being said with a couple of people. So I was like, what we're doing because we're trying to fix this before escalation.
Speaker 3: Has managed. Okay okay, okay okay.
Speaker 2: I like that was with him?
Speaker 3: Yes, so was with him.
Speaker 2: And I ran up in the park and I talked to him and I was like, what were doing because we're trying to fix this before they escalate, because it's gonna go. It's gonna go. So he said, you know, no good, no problem.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 2: I said, hold on one second. I walked out the call kiss' see here, jump in the cab, come to the park. So he come to the park because by myself, Yeah, he came by myself. Is in the crypt. He came to the park. I met him at the park. He said, come on, let's go down there and go talk to them so we can figure this out. So I walk him down to the park. I tell him and beings go over there and talk over there. So I let them go over there and talk. They went over there and talked. They hasted out whatever it is.
Speaker 3: They did this after they made this records after that or this is. This had to be after ye I had to be after, he say, after they had already been thising each other record this this, this, this was they had to be after Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's washed it.
Speaker 2: But we're going back and forth. We had to fix it. So after it, so they went over there and talked. And see what happens is when we get into situations with any of us or anybody, and we got to get involved, and you tell me you ain't gonna do something because I could do what I want to you right here, because you're in New York. I got more than enough people with me to do what I want to do. But I'm gonna tell you we're good. So me and you catch him in Philly. You can't do that because we had wet We went right here, but we ain't do that. We I don't know what we care what it was, and we let it move. So that's all I'm trying to tell you is that he go over there and you'll catch him over there. It can't be no different.
Speaker 4: You know, it all worked out nah, I love that, man. I see them mom, you know doing shows together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 3: I imagine, imagine you.
Speaker 4: Dame and V at the Highlight actually got together and and and and form some like that would have been because you know why, let me just tell you something. I believe ninety percent of the artist listen to you. Ninety percent of the artists listen to you, and the other five percent that I would believe IRV and Dane would have had that, I believe the whole industry would have followed.
Speaker 2: Y'all one hundred, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: What made y'all not do that, do something like that, like because you're always cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never really you know, we never really had problems with people. Were more like it's all about the youth for us, and you know, trying to help them to be able to be better men and make money legally without having to do the things we had to do to get there. So everybody not gonna make it there, you know, because that's just the way it go. So it was just something for us to do to help them, to point them in the right direction so they're still around to this day. Because you know, you don't do the way you don't set them up right, They're gonna go to crash and go to jail. You know, they get locked up for little things here and there and maybe get caught with a gun well ship like that. But you know they criminals. They're not murderers a drug. They just confused kids trying to be something they not.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Earth did try to do.
Speaker 4: Something, but that was what Prince said, which was kind of far fetched because they wanted.
Speaker 3: To build their own distribution.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, but they was, they was trying to do that.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is if Dame IRV and d and why would have got together that was all New York, right, it would have been a much easier process for it to happen. That's the reason why, you know what I mean. I always think like that, you know what I mean? And like I said, like like all the artists listen to y'all like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But before we move on, I.
Speaker 4: Want through to know, man, our show was about giving people they flowers where they could spell them, they thoughts, where.
Speaker 3: They can tell them they drinks while they drinking. You want to give you the first time the original Jersey On signature on.
Speaker 2: You gotta frame that stop learning that is you was back. It was the biggest.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: I'm over here making surely over here, you know, nothing working out, no nothing else.
Speaker 3: So the first time you ever came across X, what was that experience?
Speaker 2: That was the first time that X was on one hundred and twenty fifth Street and my brother already probably was dealing with him a little bit, but I was out of town.
Speaker 3: So I came back in Copeland. Okay, you know, you know, I'm fucking.
Speaker 2: You get that. Sure do your homework. They ain't doing this or not doing.
Speaker 3: But that's the first time you met him, because so where was your doing?
Speaker 4: Was there?
Speaker 2: And I wasn't really into red music like that, so you know, I was like, all right, let me, I'll go ahead.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So when I first heard him, the first time I heard him, and I was like and then when I heard him, I was like, he's special, right, it all right away?
Speaker 8: He's special, Right, He's different. Yeah, it wasn't no, He's like he's special. That's that's all I can say. After that, I knew it from from that point on, when it had to do something with me with him, I was all the way and.
Speaker 4: So I want to say something because I watched you on the Real Report with Uncle Murder and yeah, yo, and they asked you a question. They was like, yo, just the ex really used to have dogs in the studio. Now, he said, his first time he met DMX.
Speaker 3: This is real talk.
Speaker 4: It's the first time I've met DMX. We're in jib what is it Battery studios and Battery Studios. I believe it was on twenty third Street downtown, right Bolla.
Speaker 3: So I walk in. No one knows, no one knows who I am and knows who X is. But we're coming up.
Speaker 2: We're coming up.
Speaker 3: We're both.
Speaker 4: He's on one side of the studio, in the other side of the studio.
Speaker 3: With Jungle ex. Dog comes in.
Speaker 4: Jungle scares him, ha ha, that's does some shit and the dog runs out.
Speaker 3: It's not his brother for anybody. So the dog runs out. The dog went and got X. Yo.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Somebody just walked at me and swamped in. I squear to God, I swear to God. I cannot make this ship up. He walked in the studio, was like, y'all don't like dogs.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yo, he told you, you know, like there was no would mean that left the studio the dog.
Speaker 3: It was just the dog and the dog.
Speaker 4: And that's when I said, I said the same shit you said. I said, this guy, I didn't hear him rhyme. I didn't hear him. I didn't hear him perform. I didn't hear him do nothing, but just say, you guys don't like dogs.
Speaker 3: The dog went and told him. They told him and said, Yo, these guys.
Speaker 4: Don't like dogs. An x k it that's my first time ever met me. So oh you know, you know, x K to my house. You know I got a dog this size. It's a tea cup yokey, and X say you want to say, yo, you want me to make your dog mean?
Speaker 3: I said, what do you can do that? What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: My dog is this big?
Speaker 4: Start growling at him. I never even knew my dog was tough. My dogs just turn my tea cup yoke to a pit bull. But alright, so so so so all right by riders, ya got one of the illest label deals. For lack of a better term, I believe Jimmy I Bean was like the streets whisperer.
Speaker 3: Like he had sugar night, he had you, he had doctor, he had rifles on the yo. Like how because I mean for me.
Speaker 4: Y'all being on Depth Jam with X and then selling you know, the amount of records of your sould. I believe it's like ten million or something like that, the first album and five million the first album, five million the second album.
Speaker 3: Right, that's when it make it ten right.
Speaker 4: But now this is like even though Depth Jam is the big league, we all know that under that Universal umbrella in the scope is like the big big dog, Like you know what I mean, it's Universal. Even though Universe it's named Universal. Universal had cash money. But when you go to that Innerscope building, that budget is wide open. So let me let me let me ask you because the Innerscope deal was a label deal, right, okay, So so because you got XS Depth Jam, he just did what he did.
Speaker 3: Now, how does this work?
Speaker 4: Jimmy I being approaches you and say, man, let me take everybody else.
Speaker 2: He wanted to. When we first got with Jimmy, we what happened, this is how we got with Jimmy. What happened was we wasn't even with Jimmy yet. But what happened was he had Eve Drey had Eve over there and so they had it. So X came back from Cali and was like, oh, I got this girl.
Speaker 3: Boom boom boom bing.
Speaker 2: I was like, a he sitting over here, so he sent her and we was working when I was like, she's kind of nice. So we had to go through Jimmy and I being to get to get Eve because after man, I've had it. But they couldn't do nothing with it.
Speaker 4: She was already negotiating the Interscope deal, like he's saying, this is how it leads.
Speaker 2: Up to this. So we met them through that that situation first and we got out of that situation and it really couldn't do nothing with X at that moment. But we went to the first time we went to Cali though that that was that was secondary. But the first time we went to Cali is that she flew us out there to sign He went to sign. No.
Speaker 3: I never heard of this story yet, wed them.
Speaker 2: We sit down, Okay, sugar fluid. I don't even yeah he did that because I remember when in the picture I seen the picture, Park was in the picture of me, Park, my brother, Sugar and what else is over there's a picture.
Speaker 3: I remember, I remember X said this.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 3: We got to show the picture, and I ain't gonna lie. I remember saying this story. We slightly on drink cans, look ahead.
Speaker 4: So so Sugar flew out out there first time, Ben Kelly, and then y'all mad in the scope.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we met outside of the park.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Meridian you okay, So hold on, hold, hold hold?
Speaker 2: How did X?
Speaker 3: I mean, how did Shug hear about X? He had underground record.
Speaker 2: Of mouth people talking.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: What happened was Sugar, Sugar. You know, he's from the street, and I'm so good with Shig and you know, some people could throw certain things and do things, and you know that if they could take you people they do, that's probably it was clear that that's probably not gonna be the thing over here, you know, because it ain't know, you know, it's kind of like taking and not doing the right thing with it. So if he ain't gonna do the right thing, they don't do nothing. So I ain't gonna do the right thing. So he did the right thing not doing nothing. Wow, So we're just able to go back and we figured out as we go. But he did fly us out there the first time to Kelly, but actual to see if he can get him. But it didn't work out. So it's all good.
Speaker 3: Alternative reality though act is that done?
Speaker 2: Throw?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because I'm asking, that's right, because what part of ship is this?
Speaker 6: Is? This?
Speaker 5: Is this when after the math is popping? Or no, this is death death roll. He wasn't harder after remember after that when Dre leaves.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, didn't he happen another label after after matho.
Speaker 5: He stuck with that throw who Drea no no sug no sugar is just death throw and just after math Okay, remember Drake left after death Row created aftermath, right, and then Shuk stayed with it, and that's.
Speaker 2: When Puk went over.
Speaker 3: Well Pak went over when that's when Dre left.
Speaker 2: Right, it was all in the school. That's Jimmy, Yeah, it's all Jimmy.
Speaker 4: So that's the first time you went to the first time. For the second time, the second time is when you meet Eve.
Speaker 2: You said Eve came, Eve came to New York. She was in Kelly already with Dre and them, trying to figure out her album and her situation with Dre and them. X must have went over there and ran into it. He flew back and told us about Eve.
Speaker 3: And then so then how did how do you make this deal happen?
Speaker 2: Well, what we did was I spoke to Jimmy. We went back and forth and he was like, all right, because Drake couldn't do nothing with him, but what Eve? It wasn't working out whatever it was, So he was like, all right, we can, We'll do it. We'll give you a deal and you can work the Eve project. So we took that. I think we had three deals, three situations, but she was one of them.
Speaker 3: Was one of them. Probably was probably was evelation.
Speaker 2: A compilations something, but it was those are the things. But he was able to break on the compilation. So it's easy to get a compilation, so you can break different artists on and that's who you grab. So you don't got to get a bunch of bunches. You can have one one compilation, put everybody on it to start Rise out of there. That's whoever started what rises out of there? That's what you pulled, all right.
Speaker 4: Has there ever been an artist that you worked with that you felt like I had all the talent but.
Speaker 3: Just didn't have the didn't have the dots, just didn't come.
Speaker 2: Across mm hmm. You know, I didn't have them, but I had a lot of people, but I didn't sign them, but I had them enough because me she used to be up when I had Mace, the locks X, Eve, Swiss, p K, Grease, So I had all them. So we just we we we we had a little bit of everybody, but we didn't have Big L. But my brother, My brother used to handle him, but we didn't have him personally. I don't really get a chance to work with Big L. But he's from Harlem. So all the other ones that happened, Macon's from the same block, Cameras from the same block. They're all from forty if in one in that area. So they I had running this win all of them.
Speaker 3: Wow and drag on too, right.
Speaker 2: Dragons from the drag draggons, draggons from the b X. He's good all right?
Speaker 5: So and well who you guys had a Southern artist? What was was a young one, young one too, and one was.
Speaker 2: Good too from me from Atlanta. Yeah, So what happened was we had them for a little bit. I don't think we really signed him, but he used to be working with us. So what happened was when the time was going on. We had too many artists at the time, so we couldn't really sign that many more people. We have five of it. So whoever we had left over, I always say I gave him to my nephew Swiss. I was like, yeah, you take him, you take them into over there and they went to did the deal.
Speaker 3: Somewhere with close service Clive Davis. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you about that, because in nineteen ninety seven I recorded a record called band from TV right, me, uh, the locks on Styles and kisses on there Nature Cam and me, right, it's my record, right, Big Punt and Big Pun. At the time, he was searching for bees and I believe I believe Swiss was working with expert. I believe I was the first person to work outside of rough Riders with Swiss. And I remember I was like, yo, so what's what's the producer's name? And they just kept saying, man, it's these nephews. Do you remember in the period with like Swiss didn't even have a name. They used to call the bees And I called him d nephew. At what boy nephew. He's like, man, my name is Swift.
Speaker 2: Nephew. H How did you know that. How did you know that?
Speaker 4: You because you know, working with family is good. Sometimes working with family is horrible sometimes. How did you know that your nephew is gonna be one of the biggest producers of all time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was gonna be He can't predict somebody put the work in, you know, you know, you can't never predict somebody gonna be big. You just have to believe in them and just keep pushing them until they get big. Some people making some people don't. You just happened to make it because you know, we kept a tight grip on him from a little kid. So he was always here. He know, not smoking weed, drinking, but I need you to focus on that, focus on that. So he would. He used to live with me. He was in Atlanta first, then he flew back. He stayed with me. So I lived not too far from the studio, which is probably a couple of maybe like four miles away from the house. So I said, go to the studio. You know, we had the studio on Young Bekers. So he go to the studio and every day he would come back the next day and I'd be like, listen to this pace. Yeah, prep twenty five brand new beats. That's not it, that's not it, that's not it forever. And then after the minute he got it, something clicked and he got it. Yeah, so I started using his beat because he had it, but on the takeoff it took a little bit for him to get it, but he got it eventually. You know what I said.
Speaker 4: Notice about Swiss was the perfect mixture of Like he had the Bronx obviously there you go.
Speaker 3: Then he had Atlanta, but then he had like some dazz haul like you.
Speaker 4: Could tell like he had like some type of Jamaican or some type of Caribbean with him, Like because yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he's from the Bronx on Boston Road, ain't not a bunch of makings.
Speaker 4: Over the.
Speaker 3: Caribbe It makes more serio. So I didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: I just knew, like because like when I used to work him early on, like you know, people knew who I was, but people didn't know who I was. So he would he would like grab like records and like coming to the club and we were sneaking the club, just me and him, and like he would play the record and no one knows it's us, and.
Speaker 3: He'll play the record, He'll see how the people will react. He'd be like this, ain't it And I'm like, oh, Ship, like we just like and then we'll go to the club the next day and he was like, Yo, this is and then he see people like and then he's like, now we got it.
Speaker 4: No, And I'm like, I never knew this type of ship, Like I've never done that with no other producer To this day, I don't even know if I Swiss even knows that, like makes a noise, and you see what they do on with versus first. I think he's like a nuer capitalist. He doesn't even show up no more.
Speaker 2: Like the formula you have to formula pretty good, see it.
Speaker 4: You know we're gonna play our game and you can get a designated drinker if you want, yes, like to drink this for me? Put up, get chr as a black cowboy from Harlem. Goddamn make some noise. Oh Ship, Hell yeah, hell your block we're gonna get into block talk.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah yeah, hell we're gonna get it into the block talk.
Speaker 5: Uh. You got the big boys there, all right, We're gonna give you, guys, We're gonna give you. And then you're gonna drink with us. We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, we don't drink. Pick the right one, if you know, it's really whatever up.
Speaker 2: To you, whoever you pick.
Speaker 5: But if you pick, if you pick one of the two, we don't drink. But if you say both or neither, like you really don't want to answer you like both of them, you don't like both of them, then we all drink.
Speaker 2: But we drinking. Really, he drinks when you drink.
Speaker 5: When you say both, are neither, right, So if you don't pick one, we drinking all right? And this is really just to bring up names, not really each other. Yeah, so first one is resting piece of both d M X Biggie.
Speaker 2: Which one you like the best? Yeah, you're crieteria, don't talk crazy, whoever whoever you like better? That's like this, that's insane. Say I'm honorable, God, look, I stand strong here. No way I can say anybody. But even though biggest good, I gotta say, mister r Aside, how you flow it up? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: I could never get it. That's crazy, of course, resting pieces of both style.
Speaker 4: By the way, mister Lee who writes the questions so won be bad at anybody with mister Lee.
Speaker 3: He was coffee, yeah, crazy, He's up all night for this right here, he was up all.
Speaker 5: Night all right, styles speed style, spear jadakiss.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's nasty.
Speaker 3: Both Yeah, okay, you got to kill him right on time.
Speaker 2: Let's get him over there, thank you.
Speaker 3: Is that the George Clooney ship he's so sold for like three hundred mill or something something crazy? God bread already yeah, God damn it.
Speaker 6: What you said?
Speaker 2: Water?
Speaker 3: Okay, cheers, there you go, cheers, all go a head you canna get this one?
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta drink when I say both.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I might have to pick the horse anyway, that's not that's not there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick anybody now. Now you might like that.
Speaker 3: He might want to get infrared across, infra red across.
Speaker 2: Mhm h. I would say as far as rapping wise infants more no infant, they both were good for inmphas A writer Cross is a rapper infants still you know infants, the one that wrote you know, profetial on the way. Yeah, so Emphis more o a writed music wise all right dragon or Memphis Bleak. I gotta say drag man, I'm never going against nobody. You're wasting your talking about your friend about I'm good.
Speaker 5: With Yeah, I love that Rockefeller cash money.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, cheers, Okay, jay z or Nas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta say both, leave them the battle of anything. She got it. I mean she's gonna keep coming back. Give my nigga the battle.
Speaker 3: Your vacation anyway. Come on, whenever you leave New York's vacation, you can go to.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia still vacation to leave New York even missy oh, Eve, I just told you.
Speaker 2: He's gotta talk to you know, acting right now, like he don't know English right now, He's like, you know the thing.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, go ahead, Dame Greece a PK. That's a good one. You pick up to day Greece. Man, listen, man, you know liter enough props. Man, you are legend dream champs alumna and drink Chances alumna and also big up to PK two as well.
Speaker 3: Man, nice yes, man, like both of y'all.
Speaker 2: But see Greece. He came up with us first, right, p K came in lately. So we started off with Dame Greece. Yes, you Bacon Luck from our block on too nine. So we started with Dan Greece. So I gotta say Dan Greece and PK.
Speaker 4: But Dan Greece and I love seeing the Greece and French and Max back in the studio together. I love seeing that man. I love seeing the original get back to original regionality.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, it's dark and hell is hot or flesh of my flesh.
Speaker 2: I go with doking hell is. I did both of them.
Speaker 4: So did you say the same, Becau, you said the same? No doalking hell is SI get the album changed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Changed life Domatic are ready to die?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm mm hmm. I'll go ready ready to die. Murder anchor Junior Mafia. That's an interesting matchup. Murder Inker Junior Mafia. I have to go murder inc I know them. I don't know nobody Mafia like that Big l or Big Pun Rest in peace? Both salute both day Yeah both God bless, God bless, God bless. That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Both cool Gie rap or slick right.
Speaker 2: Slick right for me back then? Could be cool gi rap? Could you rap? I like to cool you rap? Belly or juice Belly was in belly? Yeah, yep, there you fucking go.
Speaker 5: It's funny when you said that I could imagine X and Juice for some reason, when you you know, he wasn't, but all of a sudden, I could imagine him in Juice.
Speaker 2: I could I could imagine Juice.
Speaker 3: Rough Riders via one of rough Riders by him. Two.
Speaker 2: I'm probably confusing even Remember that's both, so it's both in either way we're drinking, I say both.
Speaker 5: Okay, you asked this one. Swiss beads are Timbaland you gotta scold mister leeve Man.
Speaker 2: Didn't know what that's like me ask you your mother on your poet. Look, Swiss is my nephew crazy? Yeah? Talking about yeah Swiss. Of course Timm it's Tim's. Timm is good too though, Timothy him and chemistry. But that's your blood. I gotta go with my blood. You're gonna go with your blood, right, talk to me right, answer that question. Move deeper, m O, p mom deep Okay, Dre Orrizza Dre. I did music with Dre. I'm going with people I worked with Dre before he don't me and working with with the projects I never really worked with. I'm only going by what I work with. Not that I got music wise, but Drey with that heavy dear biz Marquis, I gotta go with half. I know he rest in peace to both n w A or Wo Tank Clan. I gotta go Woo Tang clan. I know Wu Tank Memphis. My man just talked to him two days ago.
Speaker 3: All Right, No, the last one and this is the last one to get back into the interview. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna ask me that because yeah, yeah, this is our last Yeah for me, for me the life I lived.
Speaker 2: People, some people can say, lord to respect, you can't look, can't be loyal with something you don't respect. Let's be simple with it. I don't need your loyalty. If you don't respect me and respect me, then you can see if you respect me, you can act like you're fucking loyal to me. Anyway. I'll take the respect. I just it's like you're being layering me, but me telling you fuck you and talking to you crazy. I take the respect and the loyalty comes with that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: That makes a noise that.
Speaker 2: Some ice.
Speaker 3: Now let's let's talk about block talk, most unique hit I've ever seen. You're right on the block.
Speaker 2: I gave you the joint.
Speaker 4: You're right on the block. You're kicking it. What made you think of something like that? And that's that's officially a podcast.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's a podcast. And I got like thirty episodes the Dope podcast, and I just it was a block. I just my block I'll be on. So you know, I go out there, and I really do it because I get to let the kids come up and see the artists and nigga just standing there. Everybody can just come out see different artists because a lot of people might not have money to go to do shows and go to concerts and stuff. So I bring the artist to.
Speaker 3: The block that's fire.
Speaker 2: So the kids can just sit there and get pictures and take autographs. And that's it. I mean, that's one of the main reasons I do it. Because it's open to the public. Anybody could come walk up and do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so you you received the little black lash like how we received. Right, I'm gonna break it down for you. Whenever all artists come on here like we have. We had a Kodak black and Kodak They said that Kodak was a little high, right.
Speaker 3: They blamed us We had Kanye come up here, he wild out. They blamed us.
Speaker 4: So you had Baby come to your show and people said that baby was a little high.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I can't say if he was high now because I wasn't there with him, So I'll say I'm gonna give him he was tired.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, there you go. That's I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Being on the media side, do you see do you see how how crazy that is, how guests could come It has nothing to do with you your hands, it's out of your hands. They're there on their own, but they blame you for it. Do you see how that ship is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they blame but I don't even know it was blameing and he ain't blame me to my face.
Speaker 3: So right, types.
Speaker 2: I never even saying nothing. I don't pay attention to ship, all right. But but he was probably tired, you know, because what happened was I'm gonna say he was tired because they was on Tall. He was on Tall, and so he happened to come to my block because he was doing something in Jersey. He wasn't false, so he's like, yo, I'm gonna come over and do the park. He came over to the block and he didn't. Then he went back to the concerts. They probably was tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, real like that too many?
Speaker 2: Maybe Kevin, all these there's twenty thirty years. I know I'm always the same, respect the same. I'm gonna have to say tired. I ain't gonna say.
Speaker 4: I respect that now. Being in this game as long as you've been in. Like me, I used to say I don't have regrets, but me I do. I do see that I could have played certain things better. Is there anything that you wish you would have did that you didn't do.
Speaker 2: But in the music?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, probably.
Speaker 6: Mm.
Speaker 2: I already know. I don't think about regrets too tough. For what's these things I did, I was able to pick them. You might have regret. I already don't regrets.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe not regret.
Speaker 4: Maybe something you wish you would have done differently, Maybe not a regret.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we probably you know. For me, the main focus was that I probably would hope I could have got him some more help, but he was fighting against it. So I regret that I wasn't able to do because he's uncontrolla but I was nothing able to meet the men like I were one or two, because you know, I talked to him most of the time, all the way to the day he passed. But I regret that he couldn't change his you know, change his habits. I think that he was fighting against his things. Regret I couldn't save him from that.
Speaker 4: You know, the last two weeks of acts of life, prior to the last two weeks, huh, last six weeks, you know he was living out here, was every every day, like I've seen the difference. Like I would meet him, he would come on time, he would do you know, you got the worst reputation of being late, and he was coming on times. We were like, we were like, yo, yo, this is episode.
Speaker 3: He was like that's the best. He looked so healthy and happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And you know what's crazy was he had never he had never met Benny the Butcher. So I had just posted a picture with me and X and Benning the Butcher had hit me and he and he was like, he was like, yo, I never met X and I did a song with X.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's like, is it okay that I pull up on y'all? I was like yeah, and beting the butcher pulled up. We all got pictures, we all did that. But then it was crazy because I think the next week after that act like yo, I'm going to Atlanta, and we was having so much fun. Like Lee said, it was six weeks leading up to that. We were together every day. So I was like having so so much fun. It's like your friend going going to summer campus stuff.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be like chill man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be like, nah, man, don't go nowhere like chill.
Speaker 4: But you know, it was a grown man like and we and then he went to Atlanta and then that's when he went to New York and there was something about him going to New York.
Speaker 3: So let me let me flip and bounce it. Yeah, he was saying that to me. Yeah, so let me flip and bounce it. Right.
Speaker 4: IRV, who also passed away, God bless to Dad and recip peace acts as well. But it was a time where people were acts in the hospital, right, and IRV sends out a tweet or something, and there was rumors like all of y'all was mad at him because he had like over preached his ground.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I think I think I remember you spoke. I think he spoke a little bit ahead. I had a situation that we was going through with X. Price spoke before we was want people to know the family was ready. So yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: You ever got to work that out with Earth.
Speaker 2: That's that's you know, you make mistakes. It's not like he's doing intentionally. Some people just that's just what they do. You know, he was grieving to as well, you know what I mean was close just talking about.
Speaker 5: How was how was the dynamic as ex as an artist and you guys being the label trying to put out these projects like I would imagine you guys.
Speaker 2: Would clash a lot, or would you not clash with X?
Speaker 3: Like trying to get things done every day.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 3: It's hard to understand how y'all even got things done.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you how you got what the That's a good that's a good question. This is the tricky is. Remember I told you he had a selective memory, right, So I paid them for songs probably four years before we even did music. We didn't even know about music deals, and it was on the block, was out there husting. Don't we do what he would bring me around so all the time, and as long as you can remember a bar or two, nothing the whole song. Just say you remember that song. You'd be like, yeah, I remember the song, but I said, this the whole song, you go on the booth and late. That's how I was getting the songs. He already had them in his head already. He might write once in the Blue a song, but most of the rounds he would off the top of his head. If I just tell him a part of the round, he could say the whole round after that. So that's how I was able to get two albums in one year, because he had the rhums over it. There it's just been sitting around right then he just said.
Speaker 3: Did you'll ever get to the point where y'all like, I can't do this anymore?
Speaker 2: But what with X? Like working with them with each other? Never? Never? I mean X X wasn't no problem for us, you know what I'm saying. We just was trying to save him and he had the problem. Yeah, he was the problem. We ain't the problem. We just had to save him. It was complicated. He didn't really worry about He wasn't stuck on material stuff. Same he ain't care about nothing that we gotta go to Grammy and he's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll talk to him way over there and you gotta find him. And he trying to mister Grandwall twice. He mister Grammy twice and was one of the TV that getting awards. He's out there flying planes. He wasn't. He wasn't that type of person that cad the ball the thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was in the week spot with him. Bro, I ain't gonna lie. Listen, I don't know whether he was there stay long with you. He definitely did.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: But I went and I was like and I was like, I was just talking to him, and then I realized or the TV flash because it was like mtvs dm X and I'm looking like, wait a minute, nigga, you're supposed to be in the MTV Awards.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know, they would be in the.
Speaker 4: Crowd, like to say, to be a seat filler, like you nominated. Like he didn't give a fuck, bro, he didn't give a fuck. It was a spot right around k Slave's house. Real the sweeter God spreading all the world up.
Speaker 2: But what what what?
Speaker 4: I don't know, people don't like to do the what epis or whatever, but let's just just for lack of a better term, do you think Escas vibe in this day and time and his music.
Speaker 3: In this climate.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a true artist. So you know these people, some most is not true artists. You know, they get a good song and they make it from there. It's not like you know, he was able to deliver album. See, you don't got delivered. We had to give up fifteen sixteen songs per album his skits, that's eighteen songs. You know, he had to do all that. So he'd probably be able to make it because what you got to deliver four album right now? Ten songs eight songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten two minute thirty second songs.
Speaker 2: So he gets yeah, one album is two albums for us.
Speaker 5: Back then, Yeah, he probably would have just been been doing fine, just performing the music that he already had the catalog festivals, because.
Speaker 3: His performances were crazy. He was by himself on.
Speaker 2: Stage, but that was that was one of his strongest points that his performance, like he said, was he didn't even while here on the stage with him. It was it was it was his energy and his love for impassion for the music in the crowd. So he just knew how to do that. He mastered that already.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm bouncing around a little bit, right again, how much? How much do you think because like obviously rough Riders, we didn't know that it was a uh name of the black cowboys, right, we didn't know that, right, We know that it's just you know, rough, rough people and you know riders like riders, right. But then Eve comes and it brings like a so I don't want to say softens y'all up because it doesn't, but it brings a different caliber of people because after all, she's she's a pit bull in the skirt, but she is in a skirt, she is a female, So it brings a different audience, especially with the grin Stefani like kind of like kind of like brought that commercial ads to it. Did Did the company change because of that?
Speaker 2: No, she was she's a girl, pitbull in the skirt. Yeah, she's still a dog now one of the boys. She's just a girl. We treated her. We ain't treat it no different, you know, she just she just was able some people able to blend in with the guys. And then get along with all the guys and they don't really bother us. So she was kind of brough. She comes from Philly, you know, they kind of brought over there as well, so she was she felt in placed. She know, she was good.
Speaker 4: I met her early and she was down with Dre. I did a record with her. Her name was Eve of Destruction. It was even Destruction, and I did a record for her. It was crazy because now I just did a record with Dre. I believe one of Dre's people hit me and that's why.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then we connected and and I flew flew the Philly. I drove to Philly and I did a record with her. Book this before.
Speaker 3: But all right, boom, we got Scarlet right now, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got Scarlet right now. I'm working I'm working on project now. We're working on on on her album out now. So we're okay. The cars cars. Scar's good. She's serious.
Speaker 4: She she belongs in the nineties, so bad man, Like yo, I'd be like yo, she belongs in our era, Like if you could just be wine time because she's so hard.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid she's like.
Speaker 4: She like belonging our era, Like you ever got to hear like she's like bah, She's like I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just I'm just this error is so moist and so so moist and nights. You know what I'm saying that I don't understand, Like like.
Speaker 3: She's so real. It's like damn, like like you know what I mean, Like she needs help.
Speaker 4: You need more real artists to come out because she's so dope.
Speaker 3: But like you know what I mean, Like I just feel like this era is so soft, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know what her favorite artist is that she get out of here.
Speaker 3: I can tell that if you listen.
Speaker 2: To you, she sound put off from X like a delivery is idol artist is you're talking about Scarlet?
Speaker 3: Scarlet?
Speaker 2: Scarlet?
Speaker 3: Of course we've heard of Scarlet. Scarlet.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: Did you do a monster thing?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 5: We did?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: Every time he said scarlet, I thought it was Scarlet that you were No, no, no, no, scar lit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. I just talked to her before I got it. I just called up. Yeah. I don't see it.
Speaker 3: As to me, she's already established in my mind.
Speaker 4: Because she's she got the underground, she got the underground, she got she don't need no help on the underground, you know what I mean? But you know that overall because it's like in these days, like you know, crazy Ship is like speaking about X, like like I've never seen X, like like do something that didn't look like X.
Speaker 3: But in this day and time, you have to like do something like like.
Speaker 4: Even with the loss, like I didn't know this tiny suits was was bad like nil they No, I didn't know it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Like I saw the show. I wanted to sign the suit.
Speaker 2: The rest of us like I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't get one.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, yeah, but want I want to get into that campaign about free the locks, Like me, that's a historic campaign. I know you talked about it a lot, but I mean, I want to just go over it again because I think it's a part of hip hop history at this point to get them off the label. And bad Boy was a strong label at that time. Puff is a strong force. How did how did that all.
Speaker 4: Body just run into bad Boy? They run to get How does that work? Like what happens there?
Speaker 2: See, they were signing the bad Boys at that time, right, so they wanted to get out. They didn't want to be there no more, no longer.
Speaker 3: Did you sign on the bad boy or they was signed a bad boy.
Speaker 2: They were signing the bad Boys. I had manager, remember, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah. So they wound up getting to deal with bad Boy. They got to deal with bad Boy and she got to deal with bad Boy. But then they wanted off and Mace wanted to stay, you know, because he's good with the shiny shoes. He was good. They didn't. It wasn't comfortable. These guys were called the Warlocks. But we had wall, you know, so so they wanted out. You know, parf is pretty firm or not letting nobody out without getting his money or certain things. So he you know, you don't really let too many people out of the contracts. You just sit there and you're just burn. Yeah, but don't worry about We'll we'll come back and get you later ten years from now. But but but I had I had a relationship with Paul, and this is with a relationship, so I didn't even notice. So Pop's father and my father were best friends. Get out of here. So they grew up in Patterson in the Bronx. So they're from Patterson Projects. Some my pops called me and say, hey, you know, tell Papa I wanted to sit down and talk to me, So tell him about his father because father I got killed right street dude, Yeah, yeah, was the housel and they wound up murdering them. And my pap told me he wanted to speak to him, and I was his friend son, so I was like okay, And then me and him got close after that, and I was looking after puffing and make sure you're good and everything. So puff is really family technique right in that way.
Speaker 6: M didn't you have Mace and you gave it to Mace that both wanted the launch and you said, no, take this artist, and I mean DM MASI wanted like that, and Mace Mace.
Speaker 2: I gave him. I gave him. You know what, I didn't. I don't even think I had me signed. I think we just had him with us, and they all used to be in the studio with us, so we we we had to influence it get him sign and well we could have signed them. I said, you know what, I don't really know the business like that. We're just trying to figure it out, you know it. Here take them and our management. And then I learned the business as I'm going so I was able to go on tour do everything. So when I did get a deal for X, I already knew how to do everything about it took him. I wouldn't have got him as far as Puff got him.
Speaker 3: But but but still staying on that the Locks campaign.
Speaker 5: You had the relationship with Puff, but that campaign still went down and was saying free the Locks.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Puff didn't like the campaign.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't do the naice business. I can't tell them not to.
Speaker 4: Do what this is.
Speaker 2: So they did. That was their campaign. Yeah, I know if that's what they want to do, and that's want to help them get it is. See see me and Puff is good. Me and Puff business ain't good, but we're good. The business is not good because it ain't just himing like. It's just business. It's not personal. Yeah, other people involved Puff ain't thing they want to make an these decisions. It look like he is. But there's two three people over there. Tell them do it, do this, and so we got They gotta do what they gotta do to get where they gotta go. I can't sell them. Don't fight back. Do whatever you gotta do. Let's do whatever whatever it's gonna take to get them to move and get you off this and get to a better place. That's what we're gonna do. So that's it. Worn't gotten.
Speaker 3: Man, that was that was That was a time boy. That was the lock.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And did he actually let them go?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah without the money. It wasn't pretty. You ain't walking out the door. It's not like you're walking out the door and you're good. No, nigga, I'm gonna let him go. So I was like, he said, yeah, you know what, I'm gonna let him go. Then when you know when people say I'm gonna let him go and you listen, I'm gonna let him go. But the butt is what you want to hear. You don't want to don't worry about that of them go. We want to hit the butt. But I gotta get compensated. So I have to give him three million get him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think we knew that part of the story. No, I didn't know that part of the story. So damn. And then and then Jay erased X contract right yep.
Speaker 2: J J did an honorable move. And a lot of these things with relationship was it wasn't nothing to do with the ours. It was probably the relationship I had with them, Me and whole was good. We had a good report him and actually probably never even talked, but me and him had a good report. And I asked him, you know exers up there he had he was the president of death Cham full of the Yeah, I was as there. So he wanted to get out of there. He probably was in a hole for like eight million or four million, whatever it was, but he was in the big hole over here. So I went up there and I spoke to him one ding and I was like, you know, he should do me a favor. I don't want to be here no more. He's not comfortable. You prefer to see if he can just go somewhere else. He's like, all right, let me think about it. Calling back another time he came back, he said, all right, I know what to do. I'm gonna let him go on my wife out the whole day. He let him go and have to pay nothing. That's dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dope. It's making nice.
Speaker 2: You got to get hold of his props on that. I don't know, nothing knows what I was doing, but I know that I always respect him for one thousand percent.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit while were you in this subject. I was, I was mentioning it earlier. Like me as a person, you know, I worked with y'all, but I was never like directly under a rough rider as a Rockefeller or whatever. But I know that when y'all was in power, Uh, when black CEOs, I would like to say that, I would like to say that black CEOs you they irv J Prince Shug Like when y'all was at the forefront, the music business seems a lot better. It seems a lot better when we have our people representing our people.
Speaker 3: Do you like since the.
Speaker 4: What is it called the missing, missing, missing version of of you know, the street ceo?
Speaker 3: What's my man named? Riggs?
Speaker 4: Riggs Morales, like Sam Cresco, like certain people Mike Kaiser even like you know what I mean, Like all of these CEOs is going and now it's like the industry is disposed.
Speaker 3: To do music. Do you think that was like purposely like no more.
Speaker 2: Hip hop CEOs, no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think when I look at it, because I've seen the transition from from from here the corporate taking over another streets of most of the from the streets that was doing it before. Then they put corporate people to do it and they don't know nothing about the music and the culture. They're just getting jobs and checks. They learning how to work with us. And then so now they're begging on one hit. Wonder if they get a lucky song or maybe before we had to work this whole project all the way through from the streets, from the start, from the streets, so we know where we're going from here to there. We do we do fifteen songs. We picked three singles that we know we can bet our money on and that now you ain't got to do that. You know, they hoping they get one single and they good. They're trying to get more money. They happen to spend, you know, because they were spending a lot of money back then. But they're not recruit because the artists might not sell right, So they found out a way to get around spending a lot of money.
Speaker 3: So it was because because I remember, like and let's not forget right now.
Speaker 5: Also, the tech companies are like the record labels capital social media. But I'm saying like all social media or the Spotify there, it's all social media really at the end of the day, streaming and whether it be Spotify and Instagram, it's really all the same shit.
Speaker 2: It's all connected, you know, right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fucked up. That's sucked up.
Speaker 4: But do you think getting rid of the Black CEO was a purpose thing? I'm sorry to ask you the question in a different way, but you think that was done on purpose or it's just evolution.
Speaker 2: They really can't get rid of us, you know, they just make it difficult for you. Yeah, so you can't get to a certain way, They put up roadblocks and make it difficult. And you know you are who you are, you know, you know I'm gonna CEO. I'm gonna be that until I say I don't want to be that. They can't stop me from being that. They can make it hard for you. And then what they did was just change the games. They started making things difficult for you, the artists and everybody else. And they just knew that because they wanted to keep a grip on it, because before they didn't have a grip because they had to pay us. See before they had to pay we saw X, Y and Z. When we need twenty million, you got to pay you that for the next situation because you just to the business now. So they had to figure out how can we do So that's when they say, you know what, You remember when they did this said, because we was from New York and we were selling it at the time the most and were making the most money. They knew that we understood the business after the while, so they couldn't give us a check for a million dollars. They know we need ten million because we know the numbers. Now you know the numbers, we understand. So they said, you know what, let's put them on freeze. Don't give them no work for a minute. They put New York on freeze, and we weren't able to do things. They went to the South and went over there and start bringing in a lot of self artists and different things and making it easier because they just wanted to get in the baby so they can cut them short and give them peanuts instead of giving us. They take that ten millionaires supposed to get us and probably could do half of the self There wasn't no problem because they wasn't really they just wanted to get in the game. And that's how they switched it because they know they froze a lot of New York artists for a minute.
Speaker 4: Makes a lot of sense. So, Okay, what the I'm about to say? Okay, you something I forgot what I was about to say.
Speaker 3: I want to remember it.
Speaker 2: Oh the story about the J Store on the.
Speaker 3: Fifth or what the J and DMX battle? No Jay, the story this story? Oh I know what I was about to say. Hold on, remember that. Remember that. Remember that you was around.
Speaker 4: During the greatest time of hip hop and now you I don't know if you you cut on your social media. Now when you come your social media, you see day this and k like never in a million years, like I still think this is ai. I still think like like somebody be like, hey, I was fooling you all this whole time. Like I still feel like that because I just can't believe it. Like and I remember them, like I remember them three being inseparable, Bigs day and And let me tell you something that I've probably never said this. You know, I asked a couple of times, uh, you know, Biggs, Biggs, Biggs manage drink Champs. I mean, and I've asked Biggs and I've asked Jay like a few times that I've been around them and they have nothing bad to say about Dame.
Speaker 3: I swear to God, they don't have nothing bad about him. Bro, I swear to God.
Speaker 4: But it is did you did you ever think that you would have to put on your phone and see that Dame dashes.
Speaker 3: This is Jay.
Speaker 2: Now they remember, like you said, they was close. They was Damon Biggs and it was there was you know, there was a team. So you know, people get older, they grow up and and things happen, you know, so whole went this way, Dame went that way, Bigs went whenever way he went. But they're still probably good. But in the eyes of the people in social media, so like you said, they can make a lot of things and say things. I think Dame is doing it for potention and different things. I don't think. I mean, it's not like I hate you. It's just it's working for him. People are watching them and he understands how this worked.
Speaker 4: Now, because I see you on Queen's flip, I believe and I believe he asked you the same question, or how did the problems start?
Speaker 3: And you were alluded. You didn't say definitely, but he said it might have been a leah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: That was something that I had found out way later because he was dating Leah. I think Dane was Danty. Anytime you're doing shit like that, so it's gonna go wrong. So I don't even know why they did that. Anyway, that's stupid ship, you know, Like that's like me dating your girl and me daying your girl. I know you, you know, because something is bound to go wrong one way or another. I don't care how you do it. It just ain't gonna it ain't gonna it ain't gonna right. And then you can build up in in the mansity even though I fuck with you, but he can't say what he really want to say because it's gonna discredit I can't say it all right.
Speaker 3: So what is the future of rough Riders right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I let my brother. My brother's handling most of the rough rid of stuff. I'm focusing more on the block talk stuff and just doing that and working with I'm working in a scar project. Me and Swiss is working that project. So I'm about to put our her album. We just picked out some songs last thing. I had to pick out about six songs just to give to them to work. But I'm working on the Call album right now. In the block talk interviews and whatever else coming after that, and a series we're getting ready to shoot. So we got a couple of things.
Speaker 3: The series, like an act in our series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a series that I'm shooting, just our path of coming up, our lives and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely, I'm already to Netlix. I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I already see it on Netflix, on Amazon Prime or some Hell. Yeah, that's that's a mean story to tell, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, because the story for us is that we really lived it like a lot of people didn't do it. We can do a lot of things to get there and get here and to be able to get there, Like when we did music, we didn't come in the game for money to get do We had money. We came in with money, so we probably spent money just to get in. But it was safer for any longevity for us to transition over from the streets to doing something legal. That's why we're still here right now. Other than that, we probably be dead on in jail because that's where everybody goes. If you don't make that transition. You have to make a transition. You got to know when to say okay, that's enough, I'm gonna have to do something different. So we started doing the music and that's what worked for us. So y'all did it big? Yes?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to say one more thing.
Speaker 4: I see twining here right, and it's when his his his his brother had passed away. But before he passed away, it's when uh, when a Tacko spot, right, it's when he had got hip hop car. He didn't pass away from this right right. So I never go to that Tago spot, just even though the Tagle spot got nothing to do with it. And like when I heard that you had your accident, right on on on that sh that's what it's a motorcycle with. I have never got three wheeling. I take it out of all the motherfuckers. I have never gotten one of those. Whenever I see somebody with one of those, always be like, nah, fuck that, And I always take it out on them because of you.
Speaker 2: You know what's so crazy, because they don't have t Rexes in New York when they first came out back then, right, so I was in my I was here, Oh wow, they had them here first. I brought from here. I brought them t Rexes from Miami. I still see, so I was the first one with them t rexes in New York. But I seen him here first. I was doing something here and I seen him right and I was where the fucking I went over to the show. I bought about three of them and flew into New York. And that's why we got the tvxes in New York. That was fifteen twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, and they did it? Was that legal in New York at that time?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 3: No, I did none of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mind saying yeah, because it was. It was pretty good. There was fast, and they just looked at it. I got him from our head or they was from here. The originally came from here.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: See the multi Yeah, people driving and I gotta thank you. I gotta thank you. I gotta thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you remember this, but before X started going to Arizona, I used to have a lot of shows at Arizona because you know, I'm half Puerto Rican, so I said always, you know, I always like, yeah, yeah, Latino shows out there. So one day Puerto Rican in Arizona and the promoter is like, hey man, like he shorted me on like two to two grand.
Speaker 3: It was nothing crazy, and for some reason you called me?
Speaker 2: Right, I called you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was happening, and he.
Speaker 4: Was like, yo you I And I was like, nah, man, it's you know. This promoter just like kind of shorteded me. And you were like where are you at? And I was like, Arizona. I believe it's Arizona. Could have been you, but I believe it's Arizona. In ten minutes, you had like fifteen from.
Speaker 3: The motors that fround that two thousand dollars. I was like, I've never even to say. And that's what I really realized. I really realized.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, Rough Riders is a fucking big conglomerate.
Speaker 2: Like this is not no Bronx.
Speaker 4: Shit is not the youngest ship. This is some crazy ship. Like I forget why we was on the phone, but you was like you heard it in my voice. You was like, man, watch this, Nori. And so I always I always wanted to thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, having them, see, that's that's service business.
Speaker 4: So so all right, how about tech? Are you messing with the what is this? This this, these these apps and all this crazy ship?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Uh the soundclouds and uh, how do how do they get music? Out nowadays the DSPs. Yeah you got to Spotify.
Speaker 5: Is you got the empires that do the digital distribution, you got all the yeah, Amazon Music, it's all it's all DSPs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just found that out doing three point nine million a month on Spotify.
Speaker 5: I ain't see nothing, remember what snoop sets. That's the difference. That's a big difference. Now the music is all free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you what your time right now, I can get it in and give it them right, So it's impossible for you to stop it. It's like almost impossible.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm in.
Speaker 4: A seesaw because on one hand, Leo told me it's like it's the best time to put out music because it's so cheap, like meaning like you could just make the ship in your your house and just throw it out.
Speaker 3: You don't have to really do a photo shoot, you don't have to really art, is true? Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, souse the next party told.
Speaker 3: You the next part is is what he just said.
Speaker 4: It's just like like are we going to like just just just keep being disposable music or like you know what I mean, that's what.
Speaker 3: It is is became disposable. That's the problem. And then when anybody can make it. That means it's oversaturation.
Speaker 2: Over like you said, oversaturation, because see before, you have to have money to make it. Back then, yesn't just go in your room and brom on the mic and then put it out. They can go in their room and twe can put it out. You didn't have that access before. You have to have a budget. You still have to go through the proper process of getting the budget videos or they can shoot their own videos, make their own music. They could do that in their room, in their room and have a video off tonight. So like it's oversaturated's too many videos, it's too easy. Don't cost some nothing. See back then, you have to have money. You have to have a budget. So you ain't putting no album out, You ain't doing no music or anything. Now you can do it in your house and do it and put it out tonight.
Speaker 5: And you see what you saw. I don't know if you guys saw what They just came out with a report that you know, the poly market ship. Yeah, so motherfuckers were betting on polymarket about songs in the top ten and bill Yeah, and then they were they were paying bots.
Speaker 3: On Spotify to Netflix and they I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean I just saw news report about it and they and they were paying bots to get it on Billboard and then they were they were betting on it on polymarket.
Speaker 3: So it's all rigged in that sense.
Speaker 5: So so the thing is is, yeah, you want it easy to to to be a creative, but I think real artists will find the way to get their regardless. But what you got is a bunch of people who ain't real artists flooding the market and it's hard to see the real art.
Speaker 2: Because it's not fake artists. And right, so now you can't even tell the difference. So now you got so much fake artists, you stop picking fake.
Speaker 5: Artists, and the algorithms what's telling you know this is what's popping. And we just find it out they're rigging that too. They they they paying the bots. So I made say you ship, and they line about they floss in with all this fake ship like pretending like they're making bread.
Speaker 4: They be even betting on Donald Trump's speeches, like if Donald.
Speaker 5: That's the probaly, they've bet on everything, They've been on everything.
Speaker 4: So so d God comes down, right, and God says, yeah, God comes down to.
Speaker 3: Speak to you down. Yeah, I tell you. He comes to speak to you, right, and he says, d.
Speaker 4: I want you to make one record for me, right, I want you to go in. You to pick the producer, and you to pick the artist. You picked the producer, you picked the artist, and and it could be a feature artist. And that feature artist can be alive or Dad. Who are the two artists you pick him to be on that record? And who who is the producer that's gonna produce that record?
Speaker 2: If I had to pick one song that you have to do, yeah, you have to do it. Yeah, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say Swiss nuts. I know, I know, I know Swisses beats, and I know how to work acts. See, he don't got to make the hits. I make the hits for him. I'm gonna know what to tell him to say say this, that, do that. So we were kind of like it's a chemistry with music. Like he's not an ax, wasn't a worker. You just have to be chemistry with him.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I had a good chemistry with him. He trusted you, really the important for he trusted me, and I just knew how to work the project. You got to know how to work a project. It's not just it's a project now, So you got to look at it like you pretty much when you're dealing with artists. You got to get into the world and now you got to know who you're dealing with and know the ins and out on who you're working so you can come out with a good album. I don't got to if it's too difficult for me. I say, you know what, no, you look do this. I need to do this to give me the beat. That's a good beat. Boom, put a hook on the head. Just run him on it, you know, so you give him sometimes you got to give him, give him a hit. But the beat is basically a hit. The hit is basically the beat and the hook. What you say of that, you can make it work. But I already got to beating the hook. I'm seventy five percent good. I just need you to do your part. Now you're only gonna do eight balls. That's nothing. That's that's what.
Speaker 3: That's what's up. Who's easier to work with? Is it guys or girls?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: Guys girls girls they.
Speaker 3: Don't need no make up, at least some of them.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's easier for me because I work with more guys than girls, Like I might go one girl out of tennis, So I gotta be easier for me to work with guys because girls, I don't get to work with that many girls. If I get one, it'll be just one girl with five guys I gotta work with. So it's easier for me to work with them. Plus, I gonna talk to gods. How if I want, I gotta I gotta bend to the Look. Oh, you know, nigga, I just told you so guys I gotta talked to I want girls. I gotta curve it a little bit, all right.
Speaker 3: You You ever got to meet Michael Jackson the Prince? No, thanks to me, we met Prince.
Speaker 2: I think we married and met Prince. I don't think I will. Well, Mike was Mike. Michael Jackson was in the studio that we was in, which was in Sony on fifty four fifty four. He was in the room, but you know, he was in that room. We was in this room, but he was in there, but we didn't really go in there to meet him. But he was in the room, but he was in the same studio. But I ain't talked to him personally.
Speaker 3: Was anything else. I think I think we wrapped it up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You ain't got you ain't got a block Talk shirt, you ain't got a shirt ship.
Speaker 2: I just get him the hot Yeah, yeah, yeah, come on, yeah.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 2: That was dope. We gotta take a picture.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj E f FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to drink.
Speaker 5: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.