Speaker 1: What's hading this, Jason Martin? You can catch me on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Boutleg cav Podcast Special guests in here my guy formerly known this problem Jason.
Speaker 1: Martin, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What made you go by the government? Man? I mean it was a couple of years.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I just I've been.
Speaker 1: Wanting to do it. I've didn't wanting to do it since like twenty sixteen. Somebody talked me out of it. But to Change actually had a conversation with him a while ago. It was just like, Bro, you the same talent, the name Change is not gonna do anything. Just go and just for me at this stage of the game, my age, my situation personally, I just I feel like it's irresponsible to call myself problem.
Speaker 2: We have coffee, come on, Compton coffee, that is yes, the Compton Coffee, coffee and cush. You brought me a mug that I can get high out of. Come on, man, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man. Shout out to Snoop brother. I love that song you did with Snoop and with Freddy Oh yeah, don't be mad at me remakes. It was dope to hear Freddy in that bag like a lot of people think he can't get in the up tempo party bag. Like if you go look, Freddy was on the first Molly I say he was on.
Speaker 2: Some records like that for sure, Like I had a record that he did with Fuck. I can't think of his name right now. Who's the guy from the Bay Clat Carson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's super bro. Freddie's one of the I don't, I wouldn't. I can't call him underrated anymore. He's one of the He's one of the ones, and everybody know it too.
Speaker 2: Love Freddy Man. So for you, are you more focused on music now or are your entrepreneurial endeavors?
Speaker 1: And today? Right now music and right now I'm pushing this project that's getting ready to come out May twelve. Okay, I'm gonna be announcent on my birthday. So that's my focus right now. But that's why I haven't been as president music, because I've been establishing these situations, making sure the foundation is there, the team structures there, and honestly, just for other rappers and shut out here, there's no point of getting as big as I got and not having anything to sell, right, not having anything to put your name on that you own, so I want to make sure before I dropped this next better music, all this was establishment.
Speaker 2: Are you still rocking Diamond Lane?
Speaker 1: Diamond Line is forever, But I definitely started a new company called fifty Million. But I'm still a partner in Diamond Line. Shot there playing games. We definitely still get money together.
Speaker 2: What's up with bad Luck Man?
Speaker 1: Good Luck? My brother, good luck Man? He found the lord and I'm happy for him. You know, I've never seen him so happy.
Speaker 2: There was that song he had that had like was it the biggie sample on the hook? I got a bit of yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what's funny, he hated that that song took off because he's such an MC like you know, he bad Luck is bad Luck was everybody's favorite, your favorite favorite for sure, So for him it bothered him that he was known for that record. But that's crazy in the club though, songs still go crazy. But you know, it was the time we was having a good time.
Speaker 2: You are kind of like one of the forefathers, godfathers of the ratchet movement in l A. I think the songs like Dick Too Big and.
Speaker 1: Like just called D two B two D two B.
Speaker 2: It is D two B y y, Yes, it's not Dick too big, it's Dick too bad, Dick too bomb. Isn't it Dick too big? Dick too bombs?
Speaker 1: But this is wold But that song is D two B though, yeah, D two B. But it depends on who.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I thought it was like Dick too big, Dick too.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was a wishful thinking on your part. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I play it on the.
Speaker 1: Nah that record. That record licenses very well. Shout out to East Ray and all the other people.
Speaker 2: That fucking classic man, you got a lot of those, Like you got a lot of just like club classics, especially if you you know, or in Vegas or Phoenix or l A or Bay, Like you just got just a barrage outside of you know, uh, you know, you're you're super smash. I just feel like you got a lot of dope, dope records, and I feel like you kind of. I feel like it's like you. And at that time it was like why and you guys kind of were doing all the club ship Then HBK up top Yeah, yeah, HBK gang that. Then the rack city started to happen.
Speaker 1: But like each member like from our selective crew just started branching out, Like from YG you branched out to Tie and must and then they all start RJ and HBK. You had p Low and getting cleary. You know what I'm saying. It became this real thing. And from my side of you know, League of Stars and Bad Luck and just other stuff we were doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, League of Stars was like I just had a couple of those guys on with g Perica and we're just talking about like there was that era where like they were producing so much shit and like some people thought it was Mustard.
Speaker 1: All that that they actually had a real conflict. I mean that that thing was a real thing because honestly, everybody all was hanging and everybody was together, So it wasn't what it was this person sound or this person's sound. We were kind of all in the studio together. It's just when Mustard hit, he hits so big that of course the first person that gets got it. That's what that's what it's known for. But we were all collaborating a lot back in them time.
Speaker 2: You did you and why do you.
Speaker 1: Have a little A little we had a little thing. We had a small riff that turned into a big nothing, but we actually which was crazy. I was just in Joey's the other night. I mean, yeah, I'm out there doing my thing, and then uh, the gentleman walks up to me with a ski mask off. So you know, I'm just like, what's going on? I don't know who it is? You pull up, like, what's up?
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: That's probably the first time we actually talked talked in years. A lot of the stuff that was going on with us was through a lot of other people. We hadn't had our conversation. So for us, I just like, how you doing, and we started together. We had a good, really good conversation. It felt like it I could see in his face, at least in mind. It felt like some actual closure was there with everybody thinking we're in these big old things like me and him did an interview with tax Stone at Dre Studio in the height of our quote unquote beef. So it was never that. It was just more so like we both wanted to be the man and we needed some edge and and and it kind of just spawned some ship.
Speaker 2: What what was was that kind of like the origins of that situation where you guys were both kind of like the it guys in La make a similar tempo records. You guys go through the ratchet.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it really had. It had more to do with our circles having incidents and then us being ahead of our face, not.
Speaker 2: Here the face of our circles.
Speaker 1: Uh. It became me versus him, and in actuality again, we didn't even talk during it. It was just well ship, well fuck it, this is what we're on, you know what I mean. And then we use that to fuel to become to the biggest guys from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, It's like it was like a not so friendly competition, right.
Speaker 1: But I will say and I'll always say this anytime anybody asked me, anytime there was business to handle, we had shows, anything, it was like the business together, Na bro Compton, gonna get the money.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go from Compton.
Speaker 1: Totally. And we both started at the same time, are together and we and we and I'm glad we talked.
Speaker 2: You had a I don't know if you guys both started at the same time because you had you had a I feel like when I was an intern, I went to a mixer meeting with you in Phoenix when I was like eighteen or nineteen. Oh no, I Toe Up record, oh Na, yeah, yeah, that was like oh nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see they were tearing it up around nine in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Now that's yeah because I because then I remember fast forward because I think Budah started to really crack like twenty ten. So yeah, you're right, yeah right in Tie.
Speaker 1: I've known Tie when I've known Tie before I was rapping crazy. He actually put us together.
Speaker 2: So that's wild man. Yo. I think back to that era and I remember like when you caught like what and it was like just everywhere and every label was barking down your throat. You never because you had came from a major label situation when you were on when you did.
Speaker 1: On Toe Up right, Yeah, I did it like a two single deal with Republic.
Speaker 2: Did you ever regret not signing a major record deal at that moment because you kind of passed on I'm sure every situation possible at that time.
Speaker 1: Well, just to be perfectly honest with you, that wasn't my decision to make at the time. I wasn't handling the business for Diamond Lane. But I'm not gonna go against the leadership of the person that got me to what people to even give me a deal. So it was a due decision to do it a certain way. And it was times where I won't sit here and lie to you. It was times like damn, we should have did that D D D. But sitting here present today and looking at the situation and looking at everybody, where everybody is and where they're at and ownership and where they're at with the records and what they can do and with the we made the best decision possible because, like I said, our license very well and it's not a lot of signatures, you get what I'm saying. Sure, maintaining ownership of those records was very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who was somebody was there? Because I think back to the time, like what was going crazy? And this was kind of like peak, Like I feel like there was some rapper crews like MMG was signing fools, Like did you have any of those like situations that like where somebody tried to bring you into the click like, uh, you know why she ended up with C T. E.
Speaker 1: Tr Uh. Definitely we were we were going real strong together.
Speaker 2: Just grand hustle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grand hustle for sure. They probably came the hardest as far as a crew. But everybody, every everybody's trying to every everybody reached out. But how you you can't sign me like that? Ain't If anything, you can come be with my crew. And that's the way I was looking at it back then, because we were a self contained unit. The reason why diamondand was even invented was because I didn't like the way the system was ran, right, you know what I'm saying. And again, money is always cool, but we were blessed to come in with a little financial success so we can pay for certain things and do certain things a little different.
Speaker 2: You guys are running it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a good time, you guys.
Speaker 2: Gigs all the Yeah, some random ass Vegas show I remember going to like that was way off the strip. I forget where men.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was gonna grab him bags, for sure, he's gonna grab him back.
Speaker 2: Yo. For people who don't know I met, I met Pun through you. Yeah. So back in the day, Pun was your manager. What's it like to see Pun become a podcaster?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: He's always been a ridiculously hilarious, ridiculous guy.
Speaker 1: I think God put him right where he's supposed to be. He's always been that person, for sure, He's always He's the reason those parties that he were throwing. He was throwing was the reason for all of those class records I did. They were all thrown with some pun party from the potion parties we used to throw to him, just like here we got turned my fuck up. His energy has always been that, so it's perfect. It's great to see. I love seeing what he's doing. I love seeing what ad he's doing. Trail is the biggest surprise though, right Like I didn't see that one coming, and he's probably one of the best at what he's done. Yeah, I loved you because he doesn't operate in fear right when he talks to you and has a question for you, and he doesn't mind looking like, Okay, I was wrong on that.
Speaker 2: No, he's really he's got a lot of hagility and.
Speaker 1: He's a real one though, so he's ready to back up anything you bring his way. So that to me, I called like that was. That was the only interview I did for No Jumper was with him. I told him I don't even want to go up there just because I just saw something. But with Trail, I'm like, bro I gotta come up there and.
Speaker 2: This fuck with you because I feel like a lot of guys went up there just to talk to t railer Ad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trail Man, and this is no slight to that whole system. I just saw something. I didn't understand it, right. I didn't understand what was going on up there too much. And I don't really even really do anything. I call the people I want to do anything. I get you. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I'm not really into just talking to everybody.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about where like LA hip hop is in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's like it's in a funny place when you ask me, it's in a place where people are afraid to try something new. And when I say try something new, that doesn't mean like go fucking do dance music. I'm saying like taking what we do and what we're known for, the funk, the instrumentation, the tempo, and just trying new sounds. Like I'm not saying become a jazz musician. I'm not saying become an DM star. But there's a there's a there's a people we're a fright to take risks right, And it's also really really tough. And this is being in the Devil's advocate. It's tough to make music as a California artist because you're down. If you do, you down if you don't, if you don't make music, that's could be hard to get buzzing here. And you don't sound like here, they don't fuck with you here. But if you sound like here, you get no burn nowhere else less.
Speaker 2: I just had a conversation with Ojiz about that right before you got here. You know, we're talking about that. I'm like, you've done a really good job of like somehow not being regional, like he's so shows in Toronto, He's got a forty day tour coming, and I'm like, you one of the few guys who has done a really good job of And I think a lot of it has to do with like networking outside of LA like Kaylen did a good job of that. Like I think when Kaylen was coming up people to Atlanta for like a year, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But oh Jesus, just oh Jesus, a cool, just guy if you just see him. And I think, honestly, bro, being Latin doesn't hurt you know what I'm saying That doesn't hurt with that, you know, I'm more so speaking about like the black artists. It's tough. We don't get as much leeway as everybody else. Your pigeonhole in a sense, Like even our first five minutes of conversation is talking about the ratchet turn up. So for me to even be making this left I'm hitting it's tough for people to fuck with. Like wait a minute, but it's like my thing is, I don't drive the same car that I was in twelve years ago, so I'm damn sure not gonna make the same music for sure. But I think that's the moniker that we need to take on as a culture. I think there's some things that are working that I like, but something gotta change.
Speaker 2: This is the way I look at it, right, And I just talked to my boy, you know, Sallas, Yeah Head's manager. Yeah yeah. So me and Salas were talking about this yesterday and I was like, think about I mean, I'll say the three the three biggest artists to come out of LA in the last twenty years. Now, I'll say fifteen or ten to fifteen, because I'm not gonna include Game in that. So let's say the last decade, It's Tyler the Creator, It's Kendrick Lamar, and it's Roddy Rich. All three of them have something similar in common as they all three do a really good job of not doing what's expected from a Cali artists. Not to say that, like you won't hear Roddy on some some shit that, you know what I mean, But I feel like that they're very good at just like pushing the boundaries of like creating without like that. I guess that that you know, I gotta do this for what I think is gonna come. Like I mean, Kendrick is obviously probably top five all time if you ask me.
Speaker 1: I think, I think, but I think I think those are great names and what's your what you're really missing with those big budgets. And that's not to take anything away from it, but it's tough for you to tell and new up and coming artists that they have to compete with that budget that those three people get.
Speaker 2: But I think Odd Future came into the game doing some wild shit.
Speaker 1: No, if you can find on record me saying Kendrick Lamar, uh tired out, I mean, excuse me, tired of the creator? Dooja Cat Billie Eilish like those from La. Yes, she's from La. Billy Olish is from La. Like we have some of the biggest things in music, Anderson Pot like we're not a lot of things. But the beauty of it is that when you got that kind of budget, you know that a million to five hundred dollars, a million dollars is about to go into what you're about to do. You're a little more free with your music. You're a lot more free with your music. And it's not to take away from it. They earn that, but it's not fair to tell somebody who has to pay for his own videos, his own clothes, have his own runner book, his own studio time, pay their own bills, pay their own bi at the same time, and you're comparing them to those monsters.
Speaker 2: I just think that like if you're if you are coming up and you can say okay, ship, maybe if I start to because a lot of these guys do have followings.
Speaker 1: Now don't have great followers, because that's just why they're able to make the money they are. But just imagine they're following with a five hundred thousand dollars. But something could be onsane out.
Speaker 2: Here for some yes, I yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's anything though.
Speaker 2: But also we're talking about like generationally talented people when we talk about Kendrick lamar Bro, he's the goal, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like, what do we like Listen, that's like an extreme I don't even I kind of leave those I leave those two out of a lot of conversations. Kendrick could talk. You just push them over there.
Speaker 2: That's like that because they're like, they're like generational creatives.
Speaker 1: There what happens when amazing skill, amazing talent, hard work, and somebody that believes financially and spiritually all happened at one time. But that not really that's not typical in any genre of music. And that's the thing that's the gift in the KURSI will be in from LA. I think a lot of people. I think a lot of people have the potential to do that, but they have to understand why they're not so they can keep going. A lot of people get caught up in this shit of trying to compete.
Speaker 2: And it's just like you're not well, let me ask you this, right, because there was an era in music when the LA sound was literally hip hop sound, and that was when Lega Stars were producing for guys like, uh, did Lega Stars do? Did they do rip?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Must okay, okay, they did something.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of one of the did Tiger faded Faded?
Speaker 2: That's what it was. But like I think about that era right where like there's I'm Different from Two Chains, there's rip, there's act right from Yogati which Peelo produced. There's like all these like records that are obviously West Coast inspired records. Why do you think that run did not translate? Because think about it, like Atlanta sound is just the country sound now, right, do you think there's ever been like a besides that little pocket of time which was maybe two or three years, there was a time when hip hop sounded like la.
Speaker 1: Of course, uh, late early nineties all the way to the mid Like you gotta think like there's no there's no brat Functified if deep Cover doesn't come out.
Speaker 2: You're right about that, like Functified with I always used to be like this just sounds like the female doggy Stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no Like there's there's on record of Bigie Small saying I'm emulating Snoop Dolls album, Like like at that time, the break beat, the sub put together with the sample that was our sound, and then every five years this shit just kind of shift. I think what happened in both of those times from when we had our run with that sound and the OG's had their run huge radio support, like huge radio support. People don't understand. That's the second biggest marketing in the United States. So when people come here and they don't hear what we sound like, it's tough. It's just really really tough. We had We had a lot of radio support. I will say myself. I'll speak for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your ship was in power rotation everywhere.
Speaker 1: Where, like anywhere, and even to this day, like there's three to four records that are gonna come on every day, So that helps a lot, you know what I'm saying. But when you have to like get a sound hot without the backing of your radio, and I understand how radio works, I get it. It's a business, et cetera, et cetera. But that's why that won't happen. But the reason why two Change then was riding around out here and they heard them songs like, oh shit, I want to get on that. Oh man, Lil Wayne oh drake, oh man, it's going crazy. I want to get on that. I'm outside party and that's what's turning on. If you don't, if you don't click on the rate, you click on the radio, and you don't hear what the city sounds like. It's just kind of tough.
Speaker 2: So you think radio because again that's a different era, right, So we're talking thirteen years ago, twelve years ago. When it was twenty twelve, it was like what twelve, twenty twelve, So yeah, so it's eleven years ago, but twenty ten was like twenty ten I think was tooted and boot it twenty eleven, twenty eleven is hit. But I think that, like fast forward to today, right, and now radio is not as important it's and I'm on the radio all over the country.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think that. I keep hearing that until I get in somebody's car from out of town and that's the radio's on. And the thing is this is not this is a tourist city. Everybody here is still listening to the radio. They're not coming in here and turning on streaming services. When they first get to LA they might turn it on, not like what they hear and go to their playlist. But these are all people from out of town. This is a gumbo spot.
Speaker 2: So do you still think that, particularly for Cali, it's imperative that radio heavily supports local I mean, I mean, then listen, I think that, like you said, we don't need to dive into the business of radio. No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But I don't think even I'm not even saying local like I don't. I don't. The thing is, you can't be local with when you're market is the number two media market in the world. Somebody can literally go plant them just in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could so.
Speaker 1: Imagine the power that radio has here in New York because there's so many people now I'm not talking about like Missouri, are somewhere in one of these middle market spots. It doesn't weigh as heavy, but out here we can control it because we're not number one, but we're number two.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think that there so like being on the other side of it, there's been a lot of records that like, at least are real. We jumped out on and it's tough.
Speaker 1: Me and Doc had a two hour conversation that puff House about this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he broke it all the way down, and we've like jumped out on records where like me and like like shout out to amen, Amen, don't add a record, like all right, litten, Hey let's try this re let listen. Hey, this record's making some noise. Let's throw it out there like like an asm a Bobster, you know, which is obviously a huge record that is big in the club. It just didn't translate to radio research. So you play that record and for a lot of people who don't know, like when you play a song on the radio, you'll get The way that radio is rated is stupid. There's these people carrying these fucking pagers that track your real time listening and then that is how they come up with your ratings. So if you get into an uber and you have that pager on you and your Uber drivers playing fucking k rock, you're a k rock listener, literally, because it's on whether or not you're into it, it's still playing. If you walk into a store and they're playing any rate Power No. Six Real ninety two three, you might be a fucking old white dude, but you're a fucking real ninety two three listener. Subconsciously, whether you like it or not, it's on, you're in there whatever, right, So they can see when a song comes on. They call it an m score. So if a song gets played and the person who is holding that meter changes the station, let's say they change it after ten seconds, twenty seconds, whatever, it negatively will impact.
Speaker 1: The score of that song, like streaming, Like when they put on the playlist, your credit score goes up and down on Yeah, but that's a very dated system. But again it's but it's the system. It's the system. So that's why it's important because if that, if you just said, why it's so important to make sure that something is heard that sounds like here?
Speaker 2: Just so, who do you like from the new new wave of guys.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm biased with a few people just because you know and things like that, but uh, I love playing Love Airplane. It's amazing camera very smoked it too. I'm really into like some newer newer guys though, like musicians and like I'm working with this group called the Melodics right now. They're special. Man, there's so many I like Wally say my he's amazing, Like you know what I'm saying. It's it's it's it's so many of them.
Speaker 2: I think Wally could be like but could break out of LA easily.
Speaker 1: It's the music, bro, the music, the actual sonics and sounds at the beat selection that has to change.
Speaker 2: I just think like with Wiley, like he's so good at the melodic ship that it could work anywhere. Like I think of like Scandalous as a song to me that like it's crazy, could go anywhere. He's crazy, Like I know he's signed now, you know, I think he's on Capital Capital and I'm like, Yo, how do you guys not fucking press the button on oh three Flow or fucking I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you gotta understand, man, it's like that shun't work anywhere. It's it's so many. It's like you said, there's so many pager systems and so many meters and and it's just like bro, at some point, man, we got to go back to the feeling.
Speaker 2: I hope Grito. I think I saw some sort of talking that they like might do like a oh three Flow too, or he might get on an official remix.
Speaker 1: I saw that to him.
Speaker 2: It might not be too educated on what's going on with that, but that would be crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, right, I think you know. Another thing is too, is like the ship goes so fast. Now, it was like what's new and what's what's veteran and what's like Like Greto to me is you can get to him new, but he's not. He's he's now this this main state that represented a real part of chunk of this thing. So I think that's where we get lost too.
Speaker 2: It's like he's not new here. I mean, I just think me and my boy were just talking about this, like they had the first him and RJ had the first versus You're at the no vote. Yeah, they was going back and forth with each other online, and I remember like three days later they were all I remember me and Head were like we're not going. We don't want no part of that ship. We're like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: It was go for them and all their cruises could be heads like, have no problems, no problem, right right, That's what happens. That's what happens when you just go with the gut and the feeling. Man Like, those two guys were amazing the way they handled that, and that's why they were still main stays in the culture. Because sometimes you gotta have a little balls, you gotta risk it, and that goes out to everybody that's that's picking what we're about to listen to. Sometimes you just gotta have a little balls.
Speaker 2: And risk it. You know, yo, what's good man? We got to stop the interview to tell you about our good folks at my bookie. That's right man. NBA season is winding down. Playoffs are going down. So many ways you can get money. You can bet on who you think is go win the finals. You can get your prop bets per game. We are finally down to the final eight. Right now. My son's ain't looking good at the time of recording. Not looking good. Look, go to MyBookie dot ag right now. Sign up. I've been gambling on my bookie for over ten years, so listen, come and join me. Let's get this money together MyBookie dot ag. When you use the promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, use that promo code, you're gonna get that deposit bonus. That deposit bonus is craziest to sign up bonus you get and not only are basketball football, which is starting to creep up on us, baseball's back MLB baseball Man, all season long, you get this money plus they got the online casino. If you're in the craps, blackjack, roulette, fucking slot machines, whatever it is, go to my bookie dot ag right now, use that permo cold Bootleg and get that free deposit bonus. That's how we're doing things, all right. Also, want to give a big shout out to the homies a King pom Man. These are our new sponsors at King pom Now, this is the thing about these King poms Man. These things right here, Ah, natural natural leaves, free of tobacco and additives. The only thing I smoke out of. And what's dope is they got these other ones right these This is one of their more popular items right here. Great flavor. These are the leaf rolls. They hold a gram each and they got the turpen fused tips, which means you squeeze and you pop the tip while you're smoking your flour and you get a little burst of flavor. These are the peach pineapples. They got the energy drink flavor. They got blueberry watermelon, all kinds of shit, man, so was dope. If you go to Kingpalm dot com and use the promo cold Bootleg cav right now, you're gonna get half off, half off, half off Kingpom dot com tobacco free natural rout raps all right, and also don't forget if you're in a I don't know wherever you're at, go to seven to eleven. They got them your local smoke shop. One of the most successful businesses in the game when it comes to the all natural leaf the most successful. No tobacco, no nicotine, just natural leafs to stuff your flower in. And in case you did not know, they also have whatever size King Pom this is. This is a giant leaf wrapped around yeah, wrapped around some premium canna by shout out to king Pom, go follow them a more time. Kingpom dot Com promo code Bootleg cav save fifty percent off. Let's get back to the interview for your your new company? Are you signing artists are not more so.
Speaker 1: Looking for the sign creatives. Okay, I want the new digital designers. I want the new web designers. I want cameraman photographers, clothing designers, the things that kind of make the business go right. As far as an artist, I won't ever like sign an artists. I'll partner with one. I don't want like that term you're signed to me, I have your masters. That ship is a little weird for me. But I'm more so like getting a group of creatives together. So if somebody did have an artist, you can bring them over to fifty million your project. Yeah, and we need your project done, really really fat.
Speaker 2: You need music, videos, you need artwork, merch, you need whatever you need.
Speaker 1: You need studios, you need, you need a stylist, you need whatever you want. We can make that whole thing happen.
Speaker 2: I respect it. What inspired you to get into the are you? I mean you're a coffee drinker? What mean? Yeah? This is a big deal. Yeah man, Compton Coffee House blending. Is it good?
Speaker 1: I'll let you be the judge of that. I think it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I got to figure out how my partners are bigsby. I'm not gonna lie to you. I have a cure egg. So I'm not even sure how to make this coffee.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I can, I can show you. You know what I'm saying. You can take No, that's not being around.
Speaker 2: Is this instant coffee?
Speaker 1: No it's not. So. What you do is you get the filter? You know that little filter you just literally sit it on the top and take hot water and port it and it'll just seek down. We have a press in there, coffee press, so I can use that right, Well, yeah, it's fire.
Speaker 2: I gotta try.
Speaker 1: But we have cris coming with I love black coffee. Yeah, that one you can drink straight. It got the chocolate notes in it. It's it's, it's, it's definitely. I sat there and actually put that together myself, like I got to pick the billion of Guatemala and I went through this whole damnage college course a coffee before we started, and yeah, man, I'm I'm excited about the start of it. We're about to enter a lot of different stores coming.
Speaker 2: So you ever watch a Kirby Enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I've seen the clips song.
Speaker 2: Okay, never mind, there's an episode about coffee that's like that he like goes to like a wherever they have. I think he goes to Columbia and he like he like illegally, he illegally imports a bunch of coffee beans. It's you gotta watch the show. I'm gonna check it Outan Snoop sampled Kirby Enthusiasm, the theme song on his last album, Yes, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, yeah, I remember the greatest ship ever. I was, like, you know, I've met Snoop a bunch. That is my one interview in my whole life that I to do. He changed my life like I got Doggy stat when I was five, change my whole life. It's like, I can't. I've been fucking hounding Kevin for like five years. Like, bro, I'll go to Snoop, go to the compound, whatever you need for me, I fucking do. I just want to interview Snoop movie.
Speaker 1: He's a walking movie. He is a film like and one of the the biggest heart, one of the biggest hearts in the game. And he's I'm not I'm not here without Snoop Dogg. Actually he's he He's helped me a lot with a bunch of stuff I've gone.
Speaker 2: And Snoop is the most I mean, I think he's somehow as a rapper, he's still underrated somehow when we talk about like the Greatest of All Time list, I don't hear his name mentioned enough.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that just all depends on who you're asking, because I mean, everybody's gonna have their reason for why somebody's their greatest, and some people will think it's lyricism. Some people will think his presence lyricism.
Speaker 2: Go listen to Dogg.
Speaker 1: He's he checks off every category and sometimes, Man, you just don't like a winner. A lot of people just don't like people that wins.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is the most famous rapper, and he's one of the most famous people. I was gonna say, I was about to say that.
Speaker 1: He's top five most famous faces on planet Earth. That's an actual stat I agree. So he's the most famous rapper ever. Yeah, but he's he's more famous than Eminem Drake.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck. My grandma knows the Snoop is. Everybody knows Snoop he is. He's He's like the Shack of hip hop. Like if you could never have watched basketball in your fucking life, you know who should kill an Either you might not. There's people who don't know, Like they might know Michael Jordan's name, right, but Michael Jordan ain't in a bunch of commercials right now. Shack is on TV every day. He's selling general car insurance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a Snoopsy movie.
Speaker 2: Man, I love Snoop.
Speaker 1: You gotta set that up though, Man.
Speaker 2: That's my fucking man. That's the one interview. I was so mad. I went to WrestleMania and they were selling like the limited edition Snoop Dogg wrestling belts and and they fucking sold out before I could buy one. Seven hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: To plug you, man, I fucking love Snoop man Doggie Styles, like I gotta plug y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, what do you think it's snoop second best album? It's his second best album?
Speaker 1: What is his second best album? What do I think it's his second best album?
Speaker 2: Because Doggie Styles number one? I'm talking up to you. What is your second favorite Snoop album?
Speaker 1: It's either uh, top Dog, No Limit or Rhythmic Gangster m. It's one of.
Speaker 2: Those two minus top Dog. And then it's the Last Meal.
Speaker 1: I like the last last meal.
Speaker 2: Last meal was crazy.
Speaker 1: His last two no limited offers was insign.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the first no limited album.
Speaker 1: No. The first one was it was it was it was getting his feet wet.
Speaker 2: It was to me, it was like they were trying to do the no limit thing too much with Snoop and it was just like this that top Dog was the one though, because that's bitch. Please was on there and it was what man, it was Man, the Mother Hitters.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. That record is crazy. That rhythmic Gangsters though no body saw that beautiful like it was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, him and Paral caught a fucking way. Even the Bush album we did with the Neptunes, that was was actually a little Snoops got man. Shout out to Snoop bron So, who's so listen, you got a new album coming. You're announcing it on the eighth. Yeah, well we'll wait until then to drop this. So what's the name of the album? Okay, so what's the name of the album?
Speaker 1: I owe myself?
Speaker 2: I like that you owe yourself? Okay, what is the why? I mean, yeah, I think you owe yourself too. You're fucking legend. Man. You're over here putting coffee on.
Speaker 1: We need some rap music, man, Yeah, I feel like I owe myself this moment, musically, sonically, spiritually, business wise. I have been a part of helping a lot of people, for sure. You know, I've assisted a lot of people in helping them make their dreams come true. And actually I've done a lot of things that I probably wasn't spearheading. I was just kind of like following the lead or assisting somebody else. Uh, this one is like, I'm gonna do it exactly how I want to do it, from the people I choose to produce, from who I choose to mix, to who I choose to shoot videos. I owe myself this one moment to be as high level music as I can, so I really dove in deep on it.
Speaker 2: Sonically. What is like the vibe of this.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell you what I was listening to on the Walker studio, Uh, DiAngelo, Brown Sugar, Okay, Thriller, Get Richard, I Trying Ship and a Cumini. Those were like, those are the four projects that were on repeat during this whole process. And then I would like throw in like Graduation, Kanye out of Nowhere, just random. But yeah, it's in that, It's in that pocket of things.
Speaker 2: Any Chachi moments on this album?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like when I think in D two B, I think I think that's like is that you're like I feel like that's kind of like your fucking at your persona?
Speaker 1: I mean, you mean where I'm talking sexually towards women, Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Or just you know some ship that I can do some Molly too.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean you got to, I don't, I mean organized confusion. You can do whatever you like to do, whenever you want to do it. I've seen people do Mady of the Jazz. So it's it's all on how you tend to do, how you do your thing. I think I touched on a lot of different subjects here, and I think it'll be some moments that you can play in your club and you can okay they break into the Spotify grae grabbing knife. Uh, I'll actually send you the link and you can check it out.
Speaker 2: So let's go back to the Welcome to Mollywood Days. What is your craziest Uh, give me your because I've had some pretty wild nights tripping hard. I've never done Molly in my life, never done and MDMA now they're using m d m A as uh like literal like people who have PTSD they do MDMA therapy. Give me your craziest Molly story, peak problemy World days.
Speaker 1: I would never tell you that story here on live on this show, but I will say one like that that I can't say that doesn't involve anybody else.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: The first time I ever tried it. It was a long ass car writer. It was Halloween and I was in the car for two hours and that was the most enjoyable car ride ever. And it was the next It was when I figured out I was gonna sample the master P record.
Speaker 2: So you're on Molly. When you figured that out?
Speaker 1: When we were me and Luck riding the old ship, we used to listen to and like, oh this is crazy. We got to flip this tomorrow. So then the next morning I went to the studio about ten o'clock, took a little bit and went sat there chop at the beat, created the created the song right then the next morning crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, dude, when I think of when I think of Molly, I think a problem.
Speaker 1: Well I don't like that. I want you to think I do. That's why my name is Jason Martinell, because I don't want you to think we think of a drug. You think of me.
Speaker 2: So that's not about my classic mixtapes. You know.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I had a good time, but I do not want you to repeat. I do not want you guys to think.
Speaker 2: Of I'm glad you weren't doing Molly when Fetnah was out, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, shit.
Speaker 2: At the right time.
Speaker 1: Noah, I just I just like I said, man, I had a good time. I had a good time. Something crossed me that nobody was really doing at the time, and I just was talking about my day to day and when I was on and how I was partying. I thought I needed a daring, shocking name to get people to.
Speaker 2: Click, because I'm thinking if you came up with the like what idea, that probably was like a twenty eleven car ride. No I did that.
Speaker 1: No, I did that was on Mady with two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so twenty twelve when it came out.
Speaker 1: No, like right before I did part one, Okay, So I had the song, I recorded the song. We put it on part two.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying because did you ever go to the Bay and like, did they ever like say, hey, dude, it's not Molly, it's.
Speaker 1: This No, but you already know I was already in the Bay anyway. Heavy mister fab used to have me coming up there, staying at his house in two thousand and seven, him is stretched like I've always been in the Bay. Kick Schneek told me I'm Honorary Oakland. He said he said, you oakly, I know you've got him, you ugly niggas. So they didn't have to tell me. They knew, they knew I wasn't there to bite the culture. I've always I just talked to you forty today, like we I'm from California. I don't rep just one.
Speaker 2: I like that. Are you gonna pop up at any one of these games?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know the Battle of Cali right, thinking of going to the game. I guess it'll be tonight air wise, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I'm thinking of I'm thinking of popping in there. I definitely want to go.
Speaker 2: Did you see mister Fabe forty last night? They had the whole fucking mister fab suit was ridiculous. Yeah, you know where do you get a suit like that?
Speaker 1: Man? They all cut they customed them to if they only customed and their thing from row. Fodi gonna be at everything everything, bro, Yeah, he's definitely gonna be there too.
Speaker 2: Talk to me because I do feel like, you know, with the name change, I feel like it's it's obviously shows an intentional pivot creatively and just kind of like you said, you know, your problem is a legend Jason Martin, I feel like you're kind of not You're not starting for scratch because people who follow you know about it. You know, people will follow you close to your fans, they know what's up. Do you feel like this new project, like you said, you're gonna be kind of a new artist to like a whole new generation of people that way.
Speaker 1: I think that for me that was the point. The point was to say, this apartment building is doing very well for me. I still own it, but what's wrong with having too? You get what I'm saying, Jason Martin is my name. This is about my family. It's about my legacy. This is about my children, saying I'm a Martin my dad like, yeah, this is my son. This is about bigger than like music, but musically. This explains the pivot. And I like the fact that I'm a brand artist. It gives me like realistic goals for what I'm doing, especially now, like it's been like a fucking pain in the ass with all the DSP situations and changing your name and having to tire this name, and it's like, this is not just a regular name change. This is a real business thing that had to happen. And I wasn't really aware of. So I think this is a good direction forward. Yes, sonically I'm different. Physically, I'm different. Mentally, I'm different. If you just hear the way I talk, it's just not the same. My message is not the same.
Speaker 2: So if I want to go listen to like what on Spotify is it under Jason Martin?
Speaker 1: Now it's still under problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're but you're starting a whole new profile.
Speaker 1: There's a whole new profile right now started.
Speaker 2: It's literally starting from scratch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the and the funny thing is it's crazy to me, like with us, we just and you know, we just got announced it's one of the top one hundred West Coast songs of all time out on the Stone For that to happen, and then the next day I leak I actually post my new single frequent. See we have a whole new frequency for me. It's just crazy. And you would think it was playing.
Speaker 2: Like that and it just wasn't. What do you think about the list? I'm on it, so I love it, and you know what, a lot of people are on it that I'm glad that like, because like I you know, when Rolling Stone and these big publications do these fucking lists. They're usually just.
Speaker 1: Goofy and there. I think, I think, you know, I think what we got to understand is this. And I was talking to Terrris about about this earlier. There's a lot of lists that I don't see my name on. There's a lot of situations that I'm not really brought up in when it comes to who did this in the last decade and who did what? And I don't complain, you know, I clap and like and keep going. So don't start bitching out that you're not on this one. Whoever that is. It's not. That's not how this works. These lists are not they're they're they're not setting stone. These are opinions.
Speaker 2: I even drove into the list. I know I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing all type of crazy shit. I've been like, wala, I.
Speaker 2: Saw you were on there. I saw Plog made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they think of course with any list, I saw records of that. I'm like, I didn't even know that song. So it made me have to go like diving and listen. I know that there's records that I think should be on there.
Speaker 2: What was your biggest snub you think.
Speaker 1: I don't say person, I say song, I think I think I think that Snoop should have had a lot more songs. I think for Shopak should have had a lot more song I think forty should have had a lot, a lot of more, like more records. Honestly, and again not just because I'm on.
Speaker 2: It, but function birth three, Function wasn't on there.
Speaker 1: Function not on there? Forty he got I want to be saved?
Speaker 2: Is uh tell me, Nah, that's not on there.
Speaker 1: That's what weird. We were talking about that earlier.
Speaker 2: Not on the list. Nah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a lot of records. One number one is none.
Speaker 2: But think that makes sense?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Like I said, those things are subjective.
Speaker 2: I think if you were to make like a realistic list, they like you would be including so many from the same artists you right, So I think that they probably were like hey.
Speaker 1: And again like I don't, I don't. I mean, would I be upset if I wasn't on it?
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll never know, Like Gangs to Make the World Go Around and Gangster Killer, Dope Dealer bow Down and all that trip should be on it.
Speaker 1: We all got personal favorites. I think that did Matt ten have a solo song on there. He didn't have a solo I want. I want to say he had no he had a couple, had one Westie Connection. I saw some with him west Side Connection, and I saw one with him and nothing but the caveat here with Dog Crown.
Speaker 2: So I love Backyard Boogie too. But yeah, there's so many.
Speaker 1: Like you said, it's all subjective. I think what should happen is you clapp who's on there, and then you make your own list.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I don't need to shoot on the list exactly.
Speaker 1: Didn't make it because they don't want me to get to talk about a lot of these lists.
Speaker 2: You can't. If you can never make a list like that and make everyone happy, that's it's an opinion based list's objective.
Speaker 1: This is what I do want to say. We shipped on the Grammys, we shipped on Rolling Stone, we ship on all these publications, but we get mad when they don't do what we want him to do. It's like, that's like that makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: If you don't care about it.
Speaker 1: I don't need a grammar. I hear all these things. I don't need this, but then get mad when they don't include you. I'm I don't understand. That doesn't make any sense, Like I don't understand where all the air come from. Because if I don't need something, I don't give a fuck what is doing right, So I think we should just stop. We need to stop all this goddamn complaining out here. I think it's I think it's beautiful that somebody took time to write about the West Coast for one for sure, and really just focus on that. And like, there's gonna be more lists. I'm pretty sure this list is gonna spawn tons of lists, and all our streams are gonna go.
Speaker 2: There's no way in hell enough DJ Quick songs made the list either. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: It's a night's pretty high good, it's pretty hard. He got up there, He's pretty odd.
Speaker 2: It's two shorts players on there.
Speaker 1: Nah, he has getting it blow the whistle is like a he like Shop ten is getting it on there, though. I don't know if getting on Jesus, But I like how they put battle ram on there. Right, It's like we were here to see the effect of some of these things.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I just saw some of the ship and I was like, oh ship, They actually put some ship on there. They're like sixteen.
Speaker 1: Good they had they had ninety five infinity? What is it?
Speaker 2: Five? Right? Yeah, that's it as it should be top ten.
Speaker 1: But guess what the that record wasn't commercially successful record.
Speaker 2: It's five. Yeah, I think that's frett, that's top ten.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I think I think you know, like again, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank Okay, where's Gin and Juice two or three? It's gotta be top three?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Wait, Gin and Juice is the top five.
Speaker 1: But you gotta think what I know?
Speaker 2: They don't says has a lot of a lot of wrong California. Are they not including Tupac because.
Speaker 1: See look they got Hall married though as higher up hail Mary's higher? Yeah, oh no, no, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Come on now, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Come on, don't do that. Uh. See.
Speaker 2: The thing is I like him, Mary Moore.
Speaker 1: I like that. This is finally a conversation that isn't derived in bullshit.
Speaker 2: It's Roddy rich On there. Yeah the box. See this is the thing if you really like I mean, yes, the the New York based publication would have the fuck Donald Trump song higher than it should be because it can't be higher than Tutor and boot it, but it is.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't put fun Donald Trump higher than Tutor and Boot it would you Toutor and Boot. It was like a fucking moment. I did a lot kickoff ties solo ship for real, like he had an all star and he had his ship, you know, but Tutor to Boot it is like what changed YG and TI's whole trajectory.
Speaker 1: I think that I think FDT was so left nobody saw that coming over the conscience souls a Bay Area moments in some in some forms with the conscious daughter situations.
Speaker 2: She was on you got and how many Nipsey songs? I mean they gotta at least have nip I think it is like you Broke should be on there.
Speaker 1: I think last time I checked the stop sare it was like.
Speaker 2: Last time I checked this, higher than California Love.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm you got yeah hmm yeah yeah, Like I said, like I said.
Speaker 2: Man, where's bout down that we're straight out of Compton.
Speaker 1: It's on there, It's on there.
Speaker 2: Hm hm Easy Radio Easy e uh.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 2: I like the three mm hmmm yo, real motherfucking g's by Easy. He's gotta be definitely not that. That's such a great you know that song.
Speaker 1: I just wish it wasn't about one of my eros.
Speaker 2: What happened to the other guys on that song?
Speaker 1: Ohis BG knockout?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking that song so good. It's like one of my favorite songs. Ever. I don't think anyone ever talks about that. Ships so hard. I remember having that fucking on CD.
Speaker 1: That ship was I as a as a kid, I hated that moment because they made us have to pick, but they were going at each other. It was hard. It was fire that that that exchange.
Speaker 2: I never knew as a little kid that Easy E was like, uh didn't really like like paying a lot of his own ship. So I was a little kid. I just thought I was just too short. Snoop and Uh Easy were like just gods.
Speaker 1: I mean they were.
Speaker 2: I got like a gas station tape that had Easy East Radio on it. Oh my god, I love that Easy Easy.
Speaker 1: He kicked off all this ship for sure. With all Easy there's no West Coast business. Yes, you know what I'm saying. We got to really understand. But but this is what I like.
Speaker 2: This is what I like about that list Iced tea colors.
Speaker 1: We're having a conversation that's a music based conversation about the West Coast. I know, bullshit, ass beefs and all that other shit. You know what I mean, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I love it.
Speaker 1: I think you should. I think you're gonna be thoroughly enter time and again, let's just keep it positive.
Speaker 2: Feeling myself on there, Mac dre, I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Top ten, right, that's top ten.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be top ten. It's too high. It is summertime. If you're dealing with a rectile dysfunction ed, if you will. Maybe you got stress at work, Maybe you're tired of looking at the same chick. Maybe you just need a little pep in your step. You need to get on that blue Choo mane. You don't need to do anything, but it'd be nice to have the option to. So go to blue choo dot com right now, use the promo code Bootleg and get the first month supply of blue Choo for free. What is blue Choo, Well, blue Choo is a chewable gets delivered to your door in a discrete package. No doctor's appointments, no doctor's visits, and it has the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. So we're talking about getting your dick hard here. In case that went over your head, you know it won't go over your head once you take it. I promise you that. Blue Cheo also is incredible because not only does it come in the blue Chewable flavor with the same active ingredient as Vibrant Seahouse, but it also has a Mint Chewable flavor, which is the same active ingredient as Levitra. All right, all this if you're questioning, I don't know. I don't want to spend no money on Does this shit work? Look? Yes, it works, and you don't have to spend money if you use the promo code Bootleg at blue cheo dot com. Because it's gonna get delivered rights your house. They're gonna give you a month's supply for free. You just got to pay five dollars shipping. That's it. The Blue Choo's come into your house. No awkward doctor's appointments, no awkward doctor's visits. It's all online blue chew dot com. Think me later. What's up guys? Hey, If you are watching this and it's April twentieth, for twenty I'm gonna be hanging out at Hard Dean today. That's right, put the flyer up the rock. I'll be at Hard Dean hanging out all day today. The craziest most just luxurious illist dispensary in the world located right in Las Vegas, Nevada. Now Hardean Las Vegas. They are our family. They sponsor the podcast. I love those guys dearly. And when I say that it is the best place I've ever walked into to buy premium cannabis, I'm not lying. Best customer service, best bud tenders, best bud put in your King Palm, and just overall man, just a great experience. So what y'all need to do is go follow him online. Hard Dean Underscore Las Vegas, follow him on the Gram. We got a lot of dope stuff in the works. They actually just opened a fire podcast studio, so we're gonna be doing a lot of content in Vegas live from Harden. They also just dropped the fucking tennis shoe with Fela. They got dope fly gear man, premium cannabis, the best selection culture sniff you walk in that man, listen. They got I'm not even lying to y'all. Harden has their own signature scent, and it smells good. I keep a bottle of it in my car, literally maybe twice a day. I spread that Get that Harden with smells amazing. So look makes you go to Harden if you're in Vegas, Get in that Uber, Get in that cab. As soon as you touch down, say take me to Harden. The taxi drivers, the Uber drivers, they know exactly where it is because it's the hottest spot in Vegas. They gonna take you straight there. You're gonna tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you situated real nicely. All right, Harding underscore Las Vegas, Go show on some love. Go to hardin Las Vegas dot com. Gotta give a shout out to our OG's My dog's a odds socks.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: They've been fucking with us from day one, and they've been dropping so many crazy dope new like socks. You know, first of all, can we talk about Beavis and Buthead. They just dropped the Bevis butt heead socks and draws. Let's take a check, just a nice little peek at the Beavis and butt heead draw skis, bro Come on, man, they also just drop Coca Cola. We got Scarface, we got Reeses, we got the big fucking Lebowski. So many dope socks, the most comfortable socks in the world, the most comfortable underwear in the world. And check this out right now. You can get twenty percent off. That's twenty percent off at checkout at oddsocksofficial dot com using the promo code Bootleg. So go right now odd socksoficial dot com. My first of a suggestion would be get you a pair or a pack of the odd Socks basics to blacken the whites. Those are my go tos. And then you gotta fuck with some of these big Lebowski socks. And they just got Coca Cola, they got the scarface boys, Like, what are we talking about? Man? What are you waiting on? They are the most comfortable socks in the world. So if you're not wearing odd socks, you're just cheating yourself. You know what I mean, You're really cheating yourself. They got a fucking South Park. Come on, brah, what are we talking about? Go to odd soxofficial dot com right now, use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off at checkout on the most comfortable socks in the world, or don't and keep torturing yourself with those shitty socks you're wearing right now. Be a damn shame. Anyway, let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: Do it, won't you do your list? I would actually be entertained.
Speaker 2: If somebody from the bay wrote that list. If mac Dre's top ten. I love Dre. It's about top It's like thirty two though it feels like it feels like a thirty seven. Just tell me when to go? Should be top ten?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: That's why I like blow the whistle. Blow the whistle. Being top ten is fucking perfect. Getting it should be higher than feeling myself getting it.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, okay, I like, hey, listen, I like how you take a stance. I'm into that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm into that? Is the ice cube two ice cube, Dre Natural Born Killers on there. There's no way it's on there. They didn't put that on there.
Speaker 1: No, that's not on.
Speaker 2: It's not on there. You don't even have to look. Do it's not on there?
Speaker 1: Do you smoke on this show?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? I smoked the highest. What about corrupt? Ride with Us?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: No, that's dazzing corrupt, right, that's corrupt. That's it. That's Streets is the Mother is one of the fucking most slept on albums.
Speaker 1: Ever, one of the most amazing. But that that thing dropped the same time as Chronic two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Okay, is exhibit on the list? Are they considering Exhibit LA because they know he's from New Mexico, But he's an l A rapper because West Coast exhibit.
Speaker 1: Exhibit who's New Mexico's West Coast?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But who's on Who's Who's got Seattle? Sir? Mixed a lot?
Speaker 1: I think they got some mixed lot on there. I want to say they got some macnamore record there too.
Speaker 2: The boxes fifty three exhibits gotta be on there. He is, he's right, he's bitch.
Speaker 1: Please in there?
Speaker 2: Is you your walk on?
Speaker 1: That's what's on there for him?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: We're actually right next to each other.
Speaker 2: That's fucking crazy. Sixty four mac dre.
Speaker 1: You have not seen the letter. You need to look at the list and see what's going on. They give an explanation for everything.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, this right above nothing. Cavey hit.
Speaker 1: You know what fun shout out this is my boys stretched baby, Yeah, shout to stress.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know kray Sean was a cameraman or she was a camera chick for. When I first met Krashaan, she was the camera check for the YG Tie Bobby Brackens tour. Yeah, I think it was she stayed down too.
Speaker 1: I fucked with her like I remember a bigger artist trying to snatch her, and then she was like.
Speaker 2: No worse than her I ever did in my life. Yeah, I literally ended in. It was like, oh, you can go. You don't want to be here.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know that it's tough when you get those big records, but you know what happens when you get those big records and you treat people like shit, you only got one of them.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of But I know Stretch was behind her, but she's I met her, I met her bro When I interviewed her, it was literally the worst experience I've ever had with a rapper. I've interviewed everybody. Anybody asked me, what's the worst interview you ever did? Krashan? I had dram not off in an interview and fall asleep. Not as bad as Krashan. Shout out to drum Kevin keVs. Wild, I see no, No, that list is wild. If Gucci Gucci's top one hundred, this is fucking atrocious. So that so that one move a hundred percent. So Krashan's higher than exhibit. I don't think Kashan should be higher than anybody because you don't like her. No, because the song was okay, you would put okay. I'm just gonna pull a song out of my ass. Would you put Krashawn's Gucci Gucci above Hmmm? Let me just pick a random song that I probably don't think is on there. Any song on Good Kid Maad City Man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm going with the hometown about schoolboy Q.
Speaker 2: What he's on the studio, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For the studio.
Speaker 2: I love groovy Q man. I can't wait to hear his new album.
Speaker 1: Shout out to him, man, put that ship out man.
Speaker 2: Your point, Tyler the creator, But I have a lot of shit on there. I respect it, so.
Speaker 1: Now you respect See bro, This is not please everybody, is what I've noticed with this situation.
Speaker 2: No way you can put Rashan on top one hundred. That's fucking as God bless it. Shout out to my guy, PLO put me on something's on there or so shut out to my brother. Uh is love rants up on there with I am? That should be on there if you're gonna include creation saying don't listen man, problem AKA Jason Martin. No no no, no, no, no no no no, let's get this right Martin Jackson Mark Jason f KA problem.
Speaker 1: Jason mart I want Jason Martin, thanks for having me, brother. When can we purchase the goods Coffee and Cushion dot com and you can go to I love Coomptoncoffee dot.
Speaker 2: Com so people can smoke weed out of this and it doesn't affect like the weed won't leak into the coffee, not at all.
Speaker 1: Two separate to separate. There you go and they come with a lid too, so like people, that's you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, make.
Speaker 1: Sure you go to coffeecush dot com order up please weakend ship International. H No, I'm not really into the flower right now. When I do flowers really just like did you have flowers? I had it just you have for a high second. But I'm I'm actually in the in the midst of opening up our first consumption lounge with my partners. Will elevate. Shout out to my boy.
Speaker 2: keV Coffee and cush You got the coffee cushion lounge. It's like Amsterdam, right, don't They got cafes.
Speaker 1: Just like Amsterdam. Get ready and coffee cussed trucks. You'll see him around San Francisco. Russom ship fire. Come on, man. I owe myself out May twelve. I owe myself May twelfth. On the album, you'll see all new heads, all new music.
Speaker 2: My god, thank you brother, Appreciate you, man,