Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Statoveek along with Carol Massler. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. We are joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Parnell.
Speaker 4: Yes, what do you see?
Speaker 5: Well, we have to start off with Intel. I feel like we talk about them every week. But that's take your buy in TC gaining twenty five percent this week to end its best weekly jump since two thousand and that's right. It's after the Wall Street Journal reported that the company has reached a preliminary agreement with Apple to potentially manufacture some of the chips from used in their devices. Would I be a phone, iPad, et cetera. One analyst writing that the report adds more fuel to a stock that has already been on fire this year.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty remarkable the jump back Intel. Do you want to guess did you look at the thing.
Speaker 4: You're to date?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do you know what it did yesterday? I know, let's say yes, no, not even close. Try to get.
Speaker 4: Doubled more than doubled, two hundred and forty percent more than doubles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you to d Do you know it's your to date?
Speaker 6: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: That's your date to date?
Speaker 6: Do you want to know what the pe is? Four hundred and ninety seven? Okay, the forward looking pe.
Speaker 1: Is one hundred and thirteen. That's the current pe. Okay, Sorry, we just ran away, but we've been. It's it's you know, listen, investment by the US, a change in its fortunes. It seems like a lot of stuff going forward. Our Ian king has a great story about kind of what Intel and the Bhutan the CEO has.
Speaker 6: To do going forward to kind of deliver on everything. So good stuff. Where shall we go next?
Speaker 5: Well, we should go to a company that didn't have as great of results. That is Sosotis Thatt's ticker ZTS saying twenty seven percent to end its worst weekly drop on record. That's after the world's largest animal health company missed first quarter sales expectations and also slashed its full year guidance. Part of that is because management is saying that Americans are spending less on pets that's really interesting since during the pandemic, we know that we were hitting record highs of how much people were spending on their pets, especially their dogs, and so management is saying that these pet owners are delaying routine visits and choosing less expensive medicines.
Speaker 3: I know what else they're delaying, what picking up after their dogs on the sidewalks.
Speaker 6: You know, don't look at me. I've got my which they.
Speaker 4: Would spend more on the bags.
Speaker 1: I agree, we have boxes and bags come in.
Speaker 6: I clean it up, sometimes three bags to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know, don't look at me. I'm cleaning up after my dogs. But I agree with you New Yorkers. If you're not, you should be doing it because it's not.
Speaker 6: You know what's.
Speaker 1: Interesting that we talked with the head of Alenco Animal Health.
Speaker 4: They were lucky. Yeah, yesterday they were up beat.
Speaker 1: They were and they saw their stock lea in a big way with pets.
Speaker 4: But part of it also has to do with livestock.
Speaker 1: And I know, but they seem to you know, I know what that vet Bill goes.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Tom Keen calls his and his pet that Bill.
Speaker 1: That Bill. Yeah, I totally relate, though I get he also calls Lady Gagat Lady Gaga, which is why we love Tom Keen.
Speaker 4: There's some other Keens sagui Fore.
Speaker 6: He's just a gem. He really is.
Speaker 1: He's the gift that keeps on giving. And we mean that if you don't listen in the morning, you should be. Let's go to your third pick.
Speaker 5: Yes, another animal related but not really data dog. That stick dog we've done jumped forty two percent to nab it's biggest weekly leap on record. That's after the software company had great results this week. First quarter exceeded expectations and it boosted as full your guidance. Barclays had a great note saying that it's a very strong signal concerned. The company tends to be very conservative for their guidance, so if this is conservative, I can only imagine what could happen next.
Speaker 1: Oh my goshing the most in six years when I guess it initially came out with it, and that one day, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: For the week overall, though.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to pick up after your data dog, what do you pick up chips?
Speaker 6: We'll silk one wafers.
Speaker 4: Friday, little zeros and.
Speaker 6: Ones like what do you pick up?
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, and especially if you have little kids, is not well little kids you will lie on the ground pick up anything like you really have to be careful.
Speaker 4: It's also also you know the whole shoes off rule in homes we talked about. We talked about that a dog. We talked about data dog taking off shoes and homes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we do that too. Yeah, it's another reason the puppies, however, do not take out them.
Speaker 4: That's what they you know, my that would be.
Speaker 3: My in laws when they had dogs. They would they would clean off the pause after taking the dogs outside. And they live in like a place that's not you know, New York City where it's.
Speaker 4: I know, it's still there.
Speaker 6: Very actually a puppy Paul washer. It's like this tube and you put water and it's like like it's.
Speaker 4: I'm sure every time after you take the dog. How you do the dogs?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Yes, it's just I'm amazed I get them back in the house.
Speaker 4: I'm still here, I know.
Speaker 6: Avalon, thank you so much, thank you for playing the game with us.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it. Avlon Purnuel. She of course keeping us up to date on stocks on the move. Check out our Stockmovers podcast, five minute episodes, Big Winners, Losers. Find it on Apple, Spotify, anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.