Speaker 1: Jack were good to go. Welcome to another episode of Busts with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Compton. If you're listening on the audio right now, please leave a nice five star review for the boys. And if you are watching on YouTube at this moment, take a minute, because what do we have. We have like hundreds of thousands of people that come and watch our shows and we need to get those thumbs up.
Speaker 2: We need to get those likes.
Speaker 1: So if you're in the live chat right now, making friends, doing the thing on the boys, dropping the wolf, doing all that fun stuff, go leave a real comment for the boys and hit that little thumbs up, hit that little like button because it helps us in the algorithms. That helps us and all that fun stuff climb the ladder, climb the charts. Before we get into everything, obviously, we got to shout out the boys from Chevy Silverado, the strongest, most advanced, independable, hardest working truck on the planet. A strong football season calls for the strongest Silverado ever. The available Multiflex tailgate with six convenient configurations will give you a step up on your tailgating game. It's getting cold out there. You need every thing you can get in this multiflex tailgate. There's a primary tailgate which opens up opens up with a push of a button on the keyfob from the inside of the truck. The innergate folds down into a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed. There's an easy access configuration where the inner gate folds.
Speaker 2: Down, allowing you to reach farther in the bed.
Speaker 1: So if you're souring stuff back in the tailgate it's deep in there, which we all go through on moving day all that stuff. You have an easy access configuration where the inner gate folds down, allowing you to reach farther in the bed. It can also become a desk ory surface for your tailgating meal. So if the boys are cooking right next to you, got the grill, you move it out of the tailgate.
Speaker 2: You reach in.
Speaker 1: Because you got that inner gate that folds down, you can pack the barbecue grill deep. You pull it out, you set up shop, you cook some burgers, you cook some steaks, and you can eat your meal right there on the tailgate as well. The Chevy Silverado's modern and advance with a ton of grit and a partner in getting things done, go to a local dealership near you. Let them know that the Boys sends you. Ristmas is right around the corner. There's a lot of truck deals going on right now, and I know Chevy has the best truck deals out there. Go to Chevy dealership near you if you're in Nashville. The Boys we like to go to Freeland Auto. Freeland Chevy Freeland Auto. Go to the Boys again. Comp and Taylor they sent you. They'll give you something for free. I can't tell you what, but it will be something. So yeah, Boys, great weekend of ball, great weekend of college football, great weekend of NFL football. We have the bowl selection stuff we can dive into. That's the thing. That's the thing, Alex. We can talk about bowl games that we picked. Some bowl games are set up because again Nebraska's out of it calls fade' is paide. I do think everyone now knows, looking back throughout the entirety of the year that it's like Damn Will, He's so emotionally involved and attached. He's biased. Of course when it comes to Nebraska. It's tough to watch him think that a three to nine team is one of the better teams in college football. However, I do think people are like, but you gotta admit the boys not crazy for saying that the greatest three win team of all time.
Speaker 2: The date is out there, the stats are out there.
Speaker 1: This is the single handedly greatest three win football team you guys will ever witness, and unfortunately they won't be talked about.
Speaker 2: But I do think we have put a.
Speaker 1: Flag in the ground and from here on out this year will be known as the greatest three win team of all time courtesy of Bust with the Boys, because all of the shouting and everything was right here, you know what I mean. No matter how Nebraska does for the entirety of our lifetimes, people will think back and be like, remember when Kamp was like, was right about the three win football team. Tough to watch them think that three win full team was a good football team. But the man wasn't crazy. Well I don't even know what I was saying. I wanted to get that off my chest. But knowing that Nebraska is out of it, it is a we're still at war. It just moves from Nebraska to now we're in the Big Ten. It is war between the Big Ten and the SEC, just like it is every year. They think we're inferior. We think they're inferior. If we got a lot of laughing going on back here and Jack Jackie boy, I'm gonna sell you right now, Tennessee might take a few strays in this conversation that we have nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey, hang on, I haven't said nothing yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get pressed over Twitter mentions because I think this is coming from Twitter right because I saw some Tennessee fans today Where it's coming.
Speaker 1: It's coming from my workout this morning. I'll say I was working on a boost. Coop was getting me riled up. My trainer, Coop and my boy Spencer Puolly who played at Vanderbilt, a very slowly respected football program.
Speaker 2: Those dudes are firing me up. And I'll tell you why. I'm gonna get to it in a minute.
Speaker 1: I just want to get out in front of that because I do have love for Tennessee Valls fans out there. But what I was saying about it being war with the Big ten our team. If you're a part of any Big ten football team, any Big ten city that you live in, any team that you shout on the mountaintops for your team in the Big Ten, whether you're a Wisconsin fan, Iowa fan, we put a our swords down now because we all need to be rooting for each other in boldseason and this BCS title game because we got the boys in Michigan, the Boys in Blue, they're in the tournament. We need them to win. If you're a Nebraska fan thinking I'm crazy, we need Michigan to be the national champions because we only lost those motherfuckers by three and we need that. We need that to help our cause to continue to be the greatest three win team of all time. But my problem, and you guys saw me tweet it right when I woke up, right when I woke up, and I looked at Twitter, and I'm gonna be honest, I'm truly I was baffled when I saw Alabama jumped Michigan in the rankings to become the number one team in the College Ball Playoff. Do you guys think I'm crazy for like being baffled?
Speaker 2: Like? Is that? Is that not surprising that the Alabama's right number one?
Speaker 1: Here, here goes, here goes get Garrett By the way, guys, he said he's a Bama.
Speaker 2: Fan, so it could get it could get physical.
Speaker 4: To be honest, do I didn't even need to speak then if it if it's gonna get no, no, I want to hear.
Speaker 2: I want to hear what you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, what did Jelly say? I got lightning in these things? You don't want to find out. I don't think it's like crazy. I mean, we did beat the number one team in the country who was supposed to dog walk us, and.
Speaker 2: That shit didn't happen. Both fair points. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can respect that. There's there's there's there's people out there, you guys from this morning that are like, it's a no brainer because they beat the number one team in the country. Now you can argue Georgia was averaging giving up seven points a game, right, But I think what was eye opening about this whole situation is the SEC East is just a fraudulent ass division.
Speaker 2: You're playing.
Speaker 1: Well, bring up the SEC East real quick, because I know number one. I know Missoo's in there. Uh, Vanderbilts in there? You know, beloved, I listen, Tennessee fan Tennessee, fan Tennessee fan Tennessee is in there?
Speaker 2: Who else is in there? Who else is in there? Florida, Florida? Okay, Mullin fired Florida was fraud from the get go. Tucky mis Zuri cal That's right.
Speaker 1: Georgia's best win after that blowout loss is now Kentucky, a nine and three Kentucky team. You can argue, yes, it's it's a decent football team, but the way Alabama just mopped them just shows you, like, Okay, Georgia was playing all these frauds all year long.
Speaker 2: That's why they're holding these teams to seven points.
Speaker 3: I've got ties on both sides. So the reason I I just don't understand what the sec sas to do with all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you just talking about Georgia just yeah, number one little team?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, obviously all the people who on Twitter that we're talking like, it's just nonsense that I was thinking that Michigan should be number one. Michigan was number two. It just got done waxing Ohio State. One of the best officers in the country.
Speaker 3: Hang on, you talk talk right, one.
Speaker 1: Of the best offenses in the country, and then they take care of business against Iowa in the Big Ten Championship. Does Iowa should have Iowa even been in the Big Ten Championship? That is arguable They're not that tough of a football team. They're not that good. They don't play Oha State, they don't play these teams on the other side, like Michigan, Oha State, all these teams they play them like once.
Speaker 2: Every four years.
Speaker 1: That is arguable, But you're gonna keep the integrity of these rankings, right. If Alabama does what they do against Georgia, which they whooped their ass, they did what they needed to do, they only go to one. If the number two team, who just got done waxing Ohase State, if they don't beat Iowa like they should have beat Iowa like they did beat Iowa, then they do go up to number one. But what do you want Michigan to do? They just won forty something to three. They should be the number one football team in America. And then you you throw Georgia back to four, you have the same games I'm arguing. I'm arguing fairy tales out there. At the end of the day, the best team's gonna come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah so, but I mean you could also go back a couple of weeks and that just comes down to ranking, like, should have Georgia been number one this whole time?
Speaker 2: Right? And if you're gonna put Bama number one. Why don't you want Georgia average and put them at number two?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and put Bama number two if they're gonna ultimately be your number one, because it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's just that SEC bias.
Speaker 4: And then you know they're not gonna put Georgia and Alabama in the semi again, right right?
Speaker 1: I agree, it does also get but you can easily go Michigan one, Georgia four, and then Bama and lic But yeah, but it's just that s it's that bullshit SEC bias and it shat my ass.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: That loss for Michigan is the only I mean, obviously, if they took care of them, then they be number one right now for sure.
Speaker 2: But while are we comparing losses, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Obama lost to an eight and four Texas A and M team who is average at best, and the big tim Iron Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I see, at the end of the day, obviously it's the viewership everything. There's so much politics to go into it. So I'm excited for the games to come up, though, Dude, I am.
Speaker 2: Fun fired up. I'm fired up.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be uh you think since he can beat Alabama.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's uh.
Speaker 4: I think it's good that they're in there because I mean, like we're saying about the Georgia thing like they were number one, we're finding out that they're not the number one team in the country. I think it's good to see different teams in there. Again, like you're you're asking the wrong person.
Speaker 1: I know you're a Bama guy. I don't think they got it. I don't think they have a shot either.
Speaker 4: Say anything, but I think it's good to see it. Yeah, it's our and now it's Bama's to lose, right, and I think it's an underdog to now flopped.
Speaker 2: Dude. I was, honestly, I'm a huge knick stavement.
Speaker 1: It's nick Staban stand was rooting for Bama hard right to even win that game. But the minute they I saw them being number one, Like I want this team to fail, and it's more so because the SEC bias that goes on. It's it's just.
Speaker 4: It's just I know you saw the post game and you feed that yummy rat poison.
Speaker 2: Baby, I love that yummy rat poison.
Speaker 1: He was firing me up, talking crazy like that, dude, And I love that Cincinnati's in because I don't think they're a team that belongs in the college football playoff. So this is gonna be a good example of don't put these little Are they D one?
Speaker 2: Are they a D one football team? Are they?
Speaker 1: Are they D one two? A? Oh they're D one?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's just acting crazy. Yeah, it's just acting stupid.
Speaker 1: Because once they get mopped, it's like, okay, let's let's let's not do this experiment again. Because they beat what Tulsa by seven and Navy by seven? One of them maybe they it was it was single ditch and wins against those two average football teams.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's all you need to know. Honestly, it's what's up your Yeah they're not there. Yeah, I I hope they get absolutely waxed by Alabama.
Speaker 2: What covers Big ten?
Speaker 1: They're trash though. My problem is this, right, I'm still I'm still talking on my points. No, no, no, not And I'm not saying you're I'm not saying what you're I'm still like from the from the stands of like every SEC person, like you're South Carolina fan, you're South Carolina fan. You just ride just like Indiana or ride the coatails of some of the Big ten schools. You're in the same boat. You write coattails of Alabama and Georgia.
Speaker 2: I'm doing exactly what you're doing. Hey, everybody drop your stores. That is a great point.
Speaker 1: I got nothing to say to that, because you're you are fucking right, dude, You're just riding the coattails.
Speaker 2: I'm literally doing what you're doing, all right.
Speaker 1: I think that's all I had. That's what I had bottled up. Yeah, you's telling me. I think that's all I had was. I just wanted to argue SEC versus Big Ten.
Speaker 4: I also think I think this year is a good example of why it should expand too. Yeah, because even a two loss of how State team is a lethal team.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, it sucks that they lost.
Speaker 4: Tails, Like, there's there's a chance for it to be a fun expansion, and I.
Speaker 2: Know everybody says that every year.
Speaker 1: But just take the five winners of the Power five conferences and then do three at large teams for an eight man tournament.
Speaker 6: You could go like with like, obviously football is different than basketball, so you couldn't do like a sixty four team bracket because it's just too many games it'll take way too long. But how long do you think you could extend a season realistically for like college athletes playing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would think adding another week, like.
Speaker 7: Because it all it all equals add money.
Speaker 1: The teams that are in the playoff are taking three weeks off right now, like you can easily add in another week, do an eight man But I don't know as far as like because it is big bro, like there's so many college football teams out there. I would personally love to see four man attorneys in the conference play like two from each side, and then the winner that goes to the finals, and then that winner.
Speaker 6: Goes to like a college football playoff er So I still like baseball, does that have a regional and then they go to the like the World Series type environment.
Speaker 2: Right right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the best, just football all week long. Dude, run these kids into the ground. We interrupt this episode to shout out the boys that Rowback, Rollback Active where you all know Roeback best Fit, best Feel, its football season, the best season, which means it's also a hoodie season. Luckily for you guys, Roeback just restocked their performance hoodies and we are not shitting you when we see these are the absolute softest and highest of qualities of hoodies in the game. The material is out of this world soft and the stretch is unmatched. Nobody does hoodies like the boys of Rowback. They also just dropped new performance Polos, and again the designs are fresh, perfect for the golf course and not out with the girl. They scream versatility, versatility. We've worn these Polos numerous times and the collars look brand spanking new each and every time you throw them in the wash, you drive me to take them out and they just they stay stiff.
Speaker 2: Dude. Uh.
Speaker 1: And the fabric is unbelievably soft. So if you play football or you're a football fan, you wear Rollbacks, simple as that.
Speaker 2: Also, if you watch bus with the boys, you wear Rowback.
Speaker 1: Use code busts and that's bussi n on rollback dot com for a generous twenty percent off your first order. That's spelled r h O b a c K dot com. That's twenty percent off your first order on all polos, qzips, hoodies and teas with code busting. Hop on the roadback train now because it is taking off, So go check everything out again at rowback dot com do it for the boys, but also with the bowl games too, Like, what are the Big ten SEC bulls? I want to say, who's Purdue playing? Is a Perdue playing Tennessee? Yeah, that's sneaky, it's a sneaky solid game. Really, we'll have to go to that boys. It's right here in the It's right here in our backyard. I want to say, Penn State is playing Arkansas, Arkansas in the Outback Bowl. That'll be solid. I'm you know, I don't know how good Arkansas is.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sold on the boys of pen State, but I'm hoping Penn State's winning. Dude, Penn State went like eight ots deep with Illinois. That's tough to you know, swing a sword for him. I came from Michigan. I hate that Ohio State can't play SEC team. I would have loved to seeing that. I think, Utah, that'll be a good game. God, dude, I God, I hope not. We really need to get we really need to go undefeated. The Big Ten is going defeated. I know, man, because all this stuff I'm yelling and spouting off about like I'll be getting drug football games.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the NFL. Good day of NFL games.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of last drive winners. Detroit finally won a football game, the Boys at Detroit. That was an awesome outcomes.
Speaker 2: You guys. Did anybody happen to catch that game? Dude? I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 1: Golf driving making that last drive and throwing that touchdown pass. It's like, I'm fired up for him. But what are we doing on defense?
Speaker 2: Boys?
Speaker 1: What are we doing on defense at the in Minnesota? Who else do we have?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: I love seeing the the Eagles Jets game, not because of the game itself, because Jets, but because of Gardner Minshew after the game. Dude, How awesome was that? Just watching dude just be dudes, not not a communicator than just chest bumping and dapping up for five minutes straight.
Speaker 2: You go with a.
Speaker 1: Dap with the arm over in the hug and then you get a little a few distance and then for some reason it just repeats like you don't know what to say, so let's.
Speaker 2: Just do it again.
Speaker 1: The best part about that whole video is the woman the fans in the background, a gardener for the troops, signed this for the troops.
Speaker 2: He's like mid Dap.
Speaker 1: Gardner kids are over here, dude, that's the best. We need to do a skit on that, like parents trying to like.
Speaker 7: Hey, we got kids.
Speaker 2: It's not for me.
Speaker 1: It's not for me trying to show my friends, but it's for my kids. But that was a good one, Washington and the Raiders watching the boys go at it. I'm not I wasn't naming it this, but a lot of people were calling it the Compton Bowl. The boy had some a couple of jerseys out there. Now maybe it was one guy in the same photo twice, Bob, We're there's a couple. There were a couple of Compton jerseys on the stands. I can't tell if it's the distance and it's the same guy or it's two different photos, but I'm posting both of them like there's two fans out there, like it's multiples. That was a good game, though Washington is getting danger startling a four game win streak, and I know how lit that city is when when Washington is winning football, and it is a fun place to play when they're winning. God awful when they're losing.
Speaker 2: And move up to the number six. But really, I know.
Speaker 1: They're in they're they're like in the playoffs right now, right if they if the season ended today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they jumped the Niners.
Speaker 1: A tough loss by the Niners, bloss. I know, brother, that's hard. That's hard losing the Seahawks like.
Speaker 2: That too, every time they looking good though.
Speaker 7: Oh you had a game, for sure, he had a.
Speaker 2: Game, brother, and fantasy owners out there.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then the Steelers Raven game, that one was awesome.
Speaker 1: I love how hardball went for two at the end. I know they lost and didn't get it, but what an awesome call, like, especially with that rivalry too, those whole Steeler Raven's rivalry. Love how you just put his nuts on the table. They didn't get it, but you know, I don't know, dude, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: Both like, if you're the if you're the title, if you're the you're like, I should have had that.
Speaker 5: Because you know you can make one handed catches and then if you're Lamar in.
Speaker 7: That pocket and it collapse right then and there.
Speaker 3: But right there with you putting his nuts on the table going for two.
Speaker 2: Loved it, bro.
Speaker 1: I was fired up right before Yellowstone came on, which is a phenomenal. So you guys need to get in your life? Are you guys, Garrett? You caught up on Yellowstone? Oh my god, man, Rip is the scariest human being alive. I haven't watched the New Succession yet. I'm I'm up to date. I'm not up to the date currently, but I've watched up until this past week. That's a good show too. I feel like it's drug out a little bit, though not really, bro Yellowstone is way more violent.
Speaker 4: I mean violent, but like they're also in Yellowstone other people are like fun and hellies. True, it's that same wars going on in Succession. Kids trying to take it right right.
Speaker 5: I just think Yellowstone is oh well yeah, just put it in my veins.
Speaker 2: We're not city boys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Paramount Plus is coming out with the eighteen eighty three just a red Dead Redemption spin off. Tim McGraw, did he look like he's He's acting his ass off out there.
Speaker 2: He's going to be the dad again? I know. Friday Night Lights? What happened to my lamp? Can't hold on to the lamp, can't hold on to the football. Uh?
Speaker 1: What Jake Paul rematch with Tyron Woodley? Why is Tyron Woodley get back in this Fury back out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that well, he just backed out. They said there was medical issues.
Speaker 2: I believe what are your thoughts. Yeah, you're in the fighting world, you're a fighter analyst.
Speaker 9: I don't think he actually has medical issues. I think Jake Paul would rather fight Tyron Woodley just for.
Speaker 2: The rematch and build the hype because.
Speaker 9: I think he knows he would lose to Tommy Fury and it wouldn't be a good fight. And with Woodley there's like a little bit more there.
Speaker 1: Lean up so that you can at least be in the camera and the people who are watching on YouTube. Does you don't have to stare at me when they're hearing your voice. That's JP by the way.
Speaker 9: Guys, man, I'm from I'm from South Carolina, same place as Kevin Garnett Ray Allen.
Speaker 2: Uh hey, that's a good theory. Though. Scared to lose, Yeah, you think Jake's scared to lose. He's gonna go.
Speaker 1: But I think I think Tyrone is I think Tyroann can knock him out.
Speaker 9: Tommy back, I think, yeah, exactly. Yeah, I don't really want this fight. Yeah, and Tyrone has the tattoo.
Speaker 6: Now that's gonna be a huge bag for Tommy and an NBA.
Speaker 9: So you can't tell me, Oh yeah, and I think he's willing to do that a lot.
Speaker 6: You know, do you not think so at to ask somebody when he's like, oh and now I know you're scared.
Speaker 2: Of me, let's fight at that point. That's true, great points, but all conversation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, all fear he would have gotten from the fight is money, and any of these guys, that's what I'm sad think Jake Paul would give him the money anyways.
Speaker 1: What if it is a medical reason, truly, like there's an actual medical reason, just gets his shot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if somebody was saying that there might be a third third?
Speaker 1: What fight between Tyron and Jake, like they're trying to set up a trilogy?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean I don't know. I'm not in the fight game, but I should be. Uh No, I mean Jake Paul said if Woodley knocked him out, he'd get an extra five hundred grand. That just kind of seems like a foreshadowing to me to.
Speaker 2: Get a trilogy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not more money? I mean, is he gonna make more money off of Fury or Woodley?
Speaker 1: That's true, and Woodley, even if he knocks him out, Woodley will still lean into that because it's not like Woodley's gonna Woodley's and be in the actual fight game. Woodley's in it just for the bag. He's just in it for the money in the entertainment at this point. Yeah, all good points, Yeah, all good, all good, all good.
Speaker 2: They said the first time Box.
Speaker 9: No doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do hope they just go after it, because.
Speaker 1: It sucks when everybody have, like everybody has like valid conspiracy theories out there, you know what I mean, And you just hope that they're actually fighting for the sake of the sport, like you could always know when the where the money grabs and everything else is like with Roy Jones Junior and Mike Tyson and shit like that. But yeah, I hope it's that way. I hope they just get after it. I hope Tyron lets him go this time. For the love of God, Tyrone do it for Missouri. Let's get into the mirror Dula episode. So we got to sit out with a mirror back in July. We didn't we forget man, I hate that I forgot to ask him about how well in doubt he is, but he is a Mirrordula is now with the Panthers. He's now with the Vikings. Back when we did this interview in July, uh, he was with the Vikings. A mir and I go way back. We went to college together in Nebraska. Nebraska fans are gonna love this. There's a lot of Nebraska talk, a lot of good a lot of good stories. In the middle of games, we talk a little bit about coach bo I know, we were talking about when bo Is gonna come on the podcast, So I don't know what will be in there, not exactly, but Nebraska fans are gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Listen, you guys don't have a game. There's no more games to watch.
Speaker 1: So this is a great win for the state of Nebraska right now because Nebraska fans can now watch an Amir Abdullah interview on Busting with the Boys and Amir also talks about Creative House Production his his production company called Creative House. You can follow them on Instagram there on on the social media's uh. He talks in depth about that things that he's into, a lot of stuff that he's into out the field. No Mirror is a very well spoken cat He's one of those dudes that he makes you want to read, He makes you want to learn more, makes you want to be in tune with yourself more just as a person and getting better as a person. He talks very much from a stance of like, you know, he's just in a single player game, like playing against himself all the time, Like he's always trying to better himself. And he's somebody I look back on as a teammate and a good friend to where I'm like, he's somebody who mentors me indirectly, like I would never tell him to his face.
Speaker 2: I mean I would tell him to his face. But it's like one of those.
Speaker 1: Friends that like, you don't know that you're rubbing off on me because I watch you from afar and I really respect everything he's about. But you guys all like this interview a lot. And again, if you're on YouTube right now, take a moment like the boys subscribe, leave a real comment. If you're listening on audio, leave a five star review. But yeah, let's get into him. Man A Mirrabdullah, Carolina Panthers, also former Nebraska great rolling Good to go the fucking boys.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: It's gonna feel a little formal first, you know what I mean, Like I got my boy a mirrab dou law, I just said, no boys, I looked at you. Yeah, you're on the bus now, bro. I know it's been a long ass time. You've given me a lot of grief, respectfully.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's merited. A lot of the boys do give me grief when they haven't been that they haven't been on the bus yet. I'll tell you when it pains me the most. It was last year when we made the boxes. I sent you one though, right, yeah, because there was like a there's like a part of me that felt like like, damn.
Speaker 7: Did everyone who got a box? Were they already on the show?
Speaker 2: They were, Yeah, they were on the bus and roster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like, you know, obviously I didn't just make busting like busting boxes from my friends, but that it was starting to sink in, like I gotta get the fellas on.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it though, because it came in a time of camp where I was feeling really low. I was feeling low. You know, you kind of start losing your juice. You show up the camp, You're like, all right, I'm ready to go and you need that care package. Yeah, Asian hadn't sent me one yet. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, you put me on a back burner, you put me on the front.
Speaker 2: Broh. I saw.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do those boxes because I was always the guy that never got the care packages, like people getting from their agencies from the mud off the mud with you and I would sit there and mat like, man, they get these care packages. Yeah, blah blah blah, and there you know, you get the care package and your kind of said, oh, it's.
Speaker 5: My agency's but this is that. So it's like, yo, let's make a bus and care bagagees. People might be hype and be like, oh, you know my boy. Busting with the boys.
Speaker 7: Means a lot. Bro It means like y'all sending something out this.
Speaker 1: Year, we're late if we are sending them out. I just started thinking about on the honeymoon. This is so to give context. Obviously this is backlog, but I just got back from the honeymoon last night. Landed at like ten ten thirty emirs in town.
Speaker 2: Just for this.
Speaker 1: We figured it out to get him in Nashville. But I'm straight off the honeymoon. That's the first pot out outside of the honeymoon. You're obviously one of Nebraska's greatest running backs of all time. The do you think do you believe obviously we're joking when we're not joking, but also you're playing around being with that confidence, but do you think you are the greatest running back to ever laced him up in Nebraska?
Speaker 7: Ah, that's a that's a tough question.
Speaker 5: It's tough just because I feel like every generation of football is different, and I was in a generation of football where we came up in a generation of football where the running back position has really really changed.
Speaker 7: It's not really just running back anymore. It's more like a hybrid position.
Speaker 5: They split me out wide, played a lot of receiver, caught the ball a lot. The traditional iback position at Nebraska has a different definition today than what it had back when you had Microziers, Lawrence Phillips, even am On Greens. You know guys who are obviously Hall of famers in Nebraska's history. So I think it's very subjective, you know what I mean. I try not to get too much into that, but I consider myself top three and I'm not two or three.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say very I was gonna say a very well put together answer.
Speaker 2: You know, if we're sitting in the calf back and they were sitting in the Hawks.
Speaker 1: Now you say we go to the spring game next year, We're sitting there and I'm like, yo, you think you're the greatest running back of all time.
Speaker 5: And I only say that just because I move with a different intention now in life, I feel like, you gotta really speak who you want to be. You gotta really embody who you think you are. So being passive in life will only bring you mediocre things. I really believe that, you know, even if you're doing it for good intention, stuff like oh I want to be humble around these people. The universe hear's that, and it gives you back mediocrity. So like, really speaking who you are is important, and that's that's where I'm setting my intentions moving forward, Like, you gotta speak what you really want and I don't want to be mediocre. So I'm gonna say I'm the best. And it's it's not to disrespect anyone to have to say like, oh, this guy wasn't better than me. I'm sure Nebraska fans are gonna be watching this like, ah, he was good, but he's not the best, and my mom, I'm the best, and I'm gonna take that to the grave.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, I meanstistically, I if we could pull some of the stats for like the Nebraska time stuff, where are you at and some of those I remember walking on the halls in your ivys at the time. If a for you.
Speaker 5: All purpose, I'm number one all time rushing yards, I'm number two, which I'm pissed because I got hurt senior year Perdue game. And then it's a couple of games I look back where we were beating the hell out of teams and they pulled me out like first half, and I'm like maybe one hundred and forty yards behind Mike Rozier, who's actually number one. And I probably would have easily gotten that if I wasn't pulled in a couple of those games, or specifically that Purdue game where I didn't, I virtually didn't play true.
Speaker 1: But you also got to think too, like I'm sure Rosie as some of those greats who are on those teams, I'm sure they were getting pulled in some of the games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's know what I mean, that's true, especially in the nineties.
Speaker 2: They're probably getting a ate that halftime.
Speaker 5: And did Rozier go all four years? Because I went all four years even though I didn't start.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 1: My Nebraska history isn't that isn't that fine tuned. It is fine tune when it comes to talking like about Levonte's stats.
Speaker 2: Leonte like, I sit and talk with Rude.
Speaker 1: And uh, I'm like, it's crazy to think Levante was screeping up on Rude. And Levante was only there two years. Bookie was only there two years.
Speaker 5: I say this all the time, just suspect because favorite linebacker I've ever played with.
Speaker 7: Yo, That's why I had to disclaim to be honest.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was gonna hurt.
Speaker 7: That twisted twist.
Speaker 2: I know only just he really is. He's a savage.
Speaker 7: Never spoke, made every play.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a time where Levante was in position to make a play that I'm like.
Speaker 7: Oh damn, he missed that play. Yeah, you're right that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he made a play when you needed a play. He made time.
Speaker 5: I'm always thinking about that Ohio State game when we were playing Braxton Miller and Braxton Miller was on like a freshman year terror, just killing my.
Speaker 1: Jocks still at the fifty yard line. Could you can find that for sure? Sometimes we'll replay on Big Tam.
Speaker 5: I would say that's still. Braxton Miller is one of the craziest athletes I've ever seen. I know, like he had to kind of move a receiver unnatural position to him in the NFL, so things didn't work out now aspect, but college quarterbacks, Braxton Miller was crazy and he was just murdering us. We were losing like twenty four to like three right before the half.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was like the most historic comeback in the brasket.
Speaker 5: Lavonte sparked that comeback. I remember he hit him lifting up because Blaxton was trying to go down, stopped him from going down, ripped the ball and recovered it, and that changed the entire momentum for the game.
Speaker 7: And I was just like, Bro, that was one of the most iconic players I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Bro, It's insane. And there's another.
Speaker 1: There's another one against we Good, there's another one against Iowa. I think about that. I think they were in they might have been an empty the tight end rent of.
Speaker 2: Stickerround, pushed Leavonte down, pushed off, Leavonte fell backwards. Dude catches the ball. He's obviously he's going up the sideline.
Speaker 1: But Levonte gets pushed down right and he throws up his He throws up his hands and like looks like looks at the ref immediately like gets up, chases old boy down, strips the ball from him and takes it from him and recovers and it's our ball. You gotta fight, you gotta When we were rolling the YouTube, we gotta find that play.
Speaker 7: Too, like that.
Speaker 1: This was my junior year, so the last game of the season. It was last game of the season. It's when I uh, that was actually a game a pivotal moment for me because it was the first time I actually stood up and spoke in front of the team. It was the night before, it was the day before that game because they were having a senior day and so I was like, that was my first time speaking. I remember that I was so nervous, my heart was in my stomach.
Speaker 5: Bro And afterwards, b k A grabb me. He's like, that's the most remember that's the most height ball.
Speaker 1: And from then I never felt like It made me feel good about actually speaking up, you know, in because you're.
Speaker 2: So nervous when you're young, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But dude, I was fortunate to have seniors like y'all around me because it gave me so much more confidence. Because when I came into Nebraska, no one thought I was going to be what I was because I was like a two star maybe three star recruit.
Speaker 7: At Alabama. You were like a last minute recruit. Like we had signed Aaron Green, who was the.
Speaker 2: Number it's like a four star running back.
Speaker 5: Five star, number two running back in the country coming out school. And then Brayland the year before. He was a late qualifier, so he was supposed to be in the class ahead of me, but he qualified, is true. I didn't, so I forgot about it with those dudes, and I just surrounded myself with you, Rex Levante from time to time, got.
Speaker 7: Rex was there, you know what I mean? Rex was there.
Speaker 2: I was just like bro' talk about like the running back room.
Speaker 7: Yeah, run room was thick, but we did.
Speaker 1: We had, uh, we had good seniors when I was a junior. I don't remember like we had good seniors when I was first there, but it was like Bo's first year there, you know what I mean, first first year, Like the whole culture is trying to get established and figured out. But yeah, Levante's senior class. I love those dudes. But yeah, bro, when you I didn't even know, I forget that you were a sophomore when I was a senior all time because.
Speaker 2: We all hung out so much.
Speaker 1: Rex was a beast man. What do you think about, like when you think of he look at you, the legacy he left in Nebraska, Like your senior year, I'll never forget this. This play right here, stopped this play right.
Speaker 2: Here McNeice, McNeice, You guys play McNee no disrespect to him, but we always like.
Speaker 7: They almost clapped us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get to the Poleani era in a second two. But like there was always a game where we almost fucking lost, so we weren't supposed to lose. Like my one of my years, it was South Dakota State. This their senior year. They had you guys had all the hap in the world. Where were you ranked right here?
Speaker 7: Oh, Trey Lance, we were nineteen.
Speaker 5: It was still early in the year, but like midway through this year, we were like seven in the country. Yeah, you guys were eight no going into uh Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you guys lost like it was like last second too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this play right here, there's thirty thirty five seconds left in the game. Bro, third and six, it's twenty four to twenty four and bress, you're not have won this fucking game. No, but a mere mixers play. That's like on the top ten four weeks. Crazy man, Hey, when you made when you make a play like that, like what like especially in Nebraska, like what's that? Dude?
Speaker 2: Talk about your scene year a little bit, especially moments like this when you have ninety something.
Speaker 5: Strong man, I'll go I'll go right into this play because first off, it's third and six. We had thrown a couple you know, we threw a stop route to I think Kenny before that play, and then we try to go deep to Jordan Western Camp.
Speaker 7: So it's third and six and we just called four verts, which is a horrible call. It was a horrible call.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, yo, we we can get a good play call in and just we got time we had I think we had a time out left. You know, we called for were playing giving up, giving up. They're like funk. We just lost. But my son, he just he keeps running four verse. He keeps me successful with it.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: So I'm not even supposed to get the ball on this I'm just running the option route underneath. And these dudes are terrible. Those dudes, they definitely should have made that play. But they definitely should have made that play. But I remember getting the ball, and when the ball was in there, I was just saying, like, why the fuck is the ball coming to me?
Speaker 7: I have like a three to five yard route.
Speaker 5: I'm not even past the sticks, and it started off very pessimistic for me. I was like, fuck, We're about to have to pump the ball back to these dudes with time left. I turned around and I see two guys just running at me out of control, so I tried to cut back in. I spun off one dude who tried to go loan on me, and at that point I was like, man, I could score.
Speaker 7: Westy threw a block for me late.
Speaker 5: But it was crazy, just the energy of the stadium after that play.
Speaker 7: I feel like a god.
Speaker 8: I felt like a god.
Speaker 5: It was the first time where I had really understood like my impact at Nebraska because the year before I'd had like a historic year. I went for like eighteen hundred yards on the ground as a junior, and I had a decision to either you know, leave a comeback.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 7: We've come back.
Speaker 5: My draft grade when I sent them, you know, they do like the projection draft grade.
Speaker 7: It was like I heard a fourth round, which is pretty high. But I was like, you.
Speaker 5: Made an announcement to come back to I made an announcement, remember here, but coming back just to love that that state showed me coming back. I really felt it that play, like they were chanting my name in the crowd after that play because I just scored a walk off, you know, win for the team against a team we definitely should have been beating.
Speaker 1: You know, so what was the But at the same time, well, because I know what goes to your head, like what's coach at the game?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you know, Bo Bo was never even excited. We came to the sideline. Bow's face is still stone cold, just like all right, you know what I mean, thank you? But we almost He's the only thing about how I'm gonna rip this team's ass when I get in the locker room. So I come in after, you know, doing a couple of postgame interviews, and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 7: Kind of hype. I'm like, yeah, we did that. We did that. And I come in.
Speaker 5: I have to settle my up down because I see everyone else is like quiet because bo is just like ripping their ass bow like double takes sees me comes in, He's like, you.
Speaker 7: Guys better fucking thank God.
Speaker 5: For a doulah, And I was just dying. I was just like, yo, bow crazy man dog.
Speaker 2: You know, we've talked, We've talked about before.
Speaker 1: So we we have a group chat that's went on every day since college, literally every fucking day.
Speaker 2: Care Like, how many of us are there? There's like eight or nine of us.
Speaker 5: Quincy, Toby, Kenney, Josh to Nay Gary, you me so eight eight And he was a late edition because he's a lot younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a later edition. Were you I think? So you want a staple?
Speaker 2: I wasn't a No, I wasn't a staple. I got in fairly quick.
Speaker 1: I got into the club club quick because you guys felt like you needed an edition of You needed an edition of a couple of white guys.
Speaker 2: We need it.
Speaker 1: We needed yeah, you know what I'm saying, it was like, who's the next white guy we can get innate was the next white snake?
Speaker 2: But uh so we've had this group chat running ever.
Speaker 1: We obviously follow in Nebraska like fairly closely, like we're always keeping up with the boys. Obviously when Bo got fired, we have our group Chad, like you're like following him throughout this whole thing. Mike Riley comes through now, Scott Frost. But we've always been like vocal about our time at Nebraska and stuff. And I know one thing we talk about and we're actually gonna have bow on. Bo's coming to get on the bus next week. Actually nice, but like as phenomenal of a coach because I told when I was telling Charles, my new wife, when I was telling Charle that Bo's coming on, I was stoke for to finally meet him, because I'm like, Yo, this man legitimately shaped a lot of who I am right now, like a lot of what he taught, like a lot of his stuff, a lot of his quotes, a lot of all of it. The culture and everything I get from Bo, because you know, you're able to imprint on kids when they first get to college. And but his downfall was always in my opinion, which I will which which we will get to talk about, was his composure and like the big moment, it's in the big games. I remember when it was. It was really like standing out to me. Never when I played, because you always, you know how it was playing for Bo. You always felt like, fuck, I'm letting the squad down. I'm letting like damn, I hate It's like pissing off your dad. You never want to let your dad down. And I remember y'all were up. You guys were eight and no you're playing or eight and one, maybe playing Wisconsins. I was going to say, the same game, and y'all were up. What was it seventeen to three? Seventeen to three? And who was the running back?
Speaker 2: Are we all right? With the rain going on? And Melvin Gordon jumps over, maybe Corey cous.
Speaker 1: Gordon, Corey Cooper, We're still up and takes it to the house and it's seventeen ten, about to be halftime. Yeah, and Bo is just losing it on the sideline, and I'm thinking of my head now, like be like playing in the league a couple of years, seeing what my growth was like from coaching when like you know, not being afraid to mess up and just playing freely, like Bo's just ripping theseers. I'm like, yo, why why is he losing it on these And they're about to be up seventeen to ten on a good Wisconsin team and they need this, they need this going into the second half.
Speaker 2: But it just made me think of.
Speaker 1: All the times where we lost with some of them big games, and obviously it's not because of Bow, but you think about some of those moments and you're like, damn, Like if we would have kept our composure, like we could have probably been fine or better off in those moments.
Speaker 5: Bro, you kill the head, the body will follow. Yeah, every time. And Bow would lose his head a lot of times. And like you said, as much as the fans didn't understand this, Bowl was a leader, oh very much. So it's like his tenacity, his passion. We fed off of Bow when Bow got hype, when the defense would shut somebody out three and out that first drive, Like say, we used to always kick off first because he counted on his defense. When you guys got that first three and out and how hype he was. The offense would see that and we would set the tone for the entire game. Now, on the flip side, if you guys came out and they threw a bomb the first player and complete it, the whole energy of the team was down because Bow was already losing the ship, because our leader, the head of our group, is already falling, you know. And I feel like that's something where maybe his pro experience didn't always translate, because you know, Bow was a pro guy.
Speaker 7: You know, he coached the pros, and as a pro, you're.
Speaker 5: Expected as an independent contract, as a professional, to keep your hand no matter what you know as a player.
Speaker 7: But as college kids who are very malleable, like you said.
Speaker 5: Who are young coming from these high school atmospheres, and you see your head coach pissed off and and your view losing this faith in you. Oh man, you start playing lackluster, You start making mistakes that you would never mistake make before.
Speaker 7: Just you're like, holy shit, the fan insins hit the fan, you know right now.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a play with was like the first play of the game would be like a run and maybe the offense gets four yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's already too fucking much, you know what I mean. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: And this isn't like a this isn't a segment where I'm in here and we're just talking about downfalls of Bo Planer saying like this is why we weren't this and that, like you just with the maturity we've had now and you're able to think back on like how we've been coached over the years and different things.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at my man and Carl's no better Carl next to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but Bo, like you fucking loved him and he held such a high standard. But in some of those moments, like it took me going to Rex for like some of my mental were my mental actually started to take off a little better and go in the other not the other direction.
Speaker 2: No, Rex Burk And obviously you guys are on offense, so it was it's you guys.
Speaker 1: I felt like didn't have to deal as much as Bo because you guys weren't on the defensive side. But I remember like Rex would always carry himself in such a way with confidence where he would be able to move on to the next player. Nothing really ever seemed to affect us. And I remember asking him like, hey, do you have any like uh stuff? You listened to or books or anything like that that helped helps you out, like your mental and he's like, bro read Mental Edge by Kenneth Baum in that book The Mental Edge will put some link or something somewhere to go to Amazon or something like that. But the Mental Edge is literally what opened me up to the sports psychology side of everything and reading books and like using your mental as an advantage because we subconsciously and it just it just naturally happens, like you think what you think, you become like you were kind of talking.
Speaker 2: About earlier, the universe and everything like that, which we'll get into.
Speaker 1: But I'm reading this book and I'm like, yeah, I've been using my head as like a disadvantage of all the time because I'm out there, I'll be on the open field. They're like starting to approach a tackle or pursue or something like that. I'm thinking, don't missus tackle because of how you might look on film to or how the might coaches talk about you in the meeting room toward then it when it carries over and they coach you up in the in the film room, and you're thinking, all, this is what the coaches think about me, this is how I'm defined in the coach's meeting room.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And then like I realized, like the way my brain is going, I'm using it at such a disadvantage because of the way.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to myself. But oh, like he helped me out.
Speaker 1: That book is honestly what open my brain up to like a lot of these things outside of like learning through the process that Bo always talked.
Speaker 5: That's interesting you're talking about you know, you're talking to Rex about the mental side of things and how it can be a weapon or it could be your disadvantage, because I definitely think the very thing that empowers you in life can also devour you in life. You know, I think a lot of times it's good to know a lot, but trying to seek too much knowledge can also make you very timid, because once you know a lot of shit, you're like, well, I can't do that because I learned this, and that tells me not to do that. Well I can't, you know, I can't move this way because I can also bring me this in life, and you start overthinking everything when you know too much. Some things you got to kind of just leave up the chance. And I think that's a delicate balance kind of cycling back to Bo that sometimes he didn't let happen. He didn't allow the ebbs and flows of the game to be what they are before he made his decision. Like this is bad, you know what I mean? Things were bad just because he understood the ex's and old so much, understood his scheme so well that if one person is out of alignment, which is going to happen, every game is different.
Speaker 7: He was just on fire, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because the people who play with him, who, uh, who's the tight ends coach coach Cotton. No, not coach Cotton. I'm thinking of somebody else. He had his son, he came from Bama. He was like the Mike Marrow coach Coach Marrow because he played with them at state, right, or play with him in high school with him or something like that.
Speaker 2: And it's just crazy because people are like, Yo, that's that's Bo.
Speaker 1: Like he's been that way even as a player, because he was always out there on the field, Like because he was a captain at Ohio State, I believe I would's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the whole family is crazy.
Speaker 7: Bro, who's the they said the brother would be at the game.
Speaker 2: And he would be in the stands fucking swinging on fans and stuff.
Speaker 7: Bro Youngstown.
Speaker 5: They need a thirty for thirty on young Yeah in Ohio because Jim Trussell.
Speaker 7: Came from there.
Speaker 5: The Stoops brothers, Soup's brothers, Bo Polini, it's like a mobster like mentality, but they like football mob mobsters weird.
Speaker 7: They do have a thirty for thirty on it. It's called the Youngstown Boys. Oh they do okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, they just will ship like so Bo's brother, the one who was the fan that would go to the games.
Speaker 2: He wasn't Carl or Bo coaching.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 1: I forget what the brother's name is. But his son Mark, Yeah it might be Mark playing. Yeah either Mark was.
Speaker 7: Because he because Mark was a junior of his dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah so Mark, ye yeah yeah ye, But his son Mark played for US right and Mark he what was he?
Speaker 2: A backup center?
Speaker 7: Remember a couple of games?
Speaker 2: Remember when he shot himself during practice or workouts?
Speaker 7: He said himself twice he shipped.
Speaker 1: Himself and continued to practice and play at center.
Speaker 5: Yeah at center's respectful, that's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: And that man lived with fear talking about nah like I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 7: My uncle y'all got those white pants to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, what there's got to be I think there's a photo somewhere. I'll try to find it so we can, uh. Bro, Mark was funny, but he's like, oh that's you know, that's my family.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, just condition that way.
Speaker 1: But like we say, all this stuff too, and you you can't. You can't mistake it for the downfall or anything, right because since then there has been no nine to four, ten and four, Like, yeah, we lost some big moments and some big games and people forget too, like, Okay, he couldn't couldn't keep his head in the big moments. Like my senior year we had seven We had seven comebacks in the second half. That year was fucking memorable.
Speaker 5: I always say that was one of the rosters. We tricked it off against Northwestern that year. We tricked it off. I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: We had just we tricked it off against the team every year, Like the year after we lost to Texas in the Big twelve championship, we tricked it off by losing to them at home.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason. We tricked it off against Northwestern.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after we had just beaten a star studyed Michigan State team, Kirk Cousins my father back now, they had like Le'Veon Bell, Edwin Baker, bj Cunningham, all those receivers.
Speaker 7: Defense. What's the big tall d in Golson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gohlson.
Speaker 5: They were load and we smacked him at home and ye lose to Northwestern next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just always it fucking sucked, bro. I'll tell you what, losing the Big Ten championship the first year we went to the Big Ten or second second. Then we go to the championship game and we lost what was it seventy seventy something to like thirty nine. And I'm telling you, Bloss, I'm saying, like you couldn't throw us a life jacket. Bro, We're out there just drowning, and there was like and they just kept running the fucking speed sweep.
Speaker 2: Dude, I can't wait to ask Ball about that.
Speaker 7: I'm not touching. I'm not touching Ie. I'm gonna let you bro.
Speaker 2: Well, at the end of the day, we gotta make plays. I know there was one tackle. Line Man's like we're out in space obviously, Like there's arguments always on every side.
Speaker 1: Like as a player as a man, like we were very much a countable. Like that's the name of the game at the end of the day. Like if you're not self accountable and you're blaming other shit on why things happen, like you're gonna fail at some point in life anyway. So I sit there and watch it on my man, I wish I would have fucking played better and made certain plays and tackles. But if you put on from the coaching perspective, like there were we you know, we ain't make an adjustment when here's a fucking twenty two speed personnel.
Speaker 5: Why was another thing with Bo man, you know, like he didn't really want to change a lot of things, like schematically, you know, he was I'm gonna live and die by this, and like once people start to get a beat on you, you know you gotta adjust every now and then, right.
Speaker 1: Because there would be limited calls. But there's in Bo in the defensive world, there's a lot of adjustments to formations. It's honestly, again, there's there's both sides of the coin. Because learning under Bo and his staff is the reason I've been able to play in the league so long, because I had guys like I had guys like Bo coach Jampapucha's coach L's coach Eckler, even coach Carl for the love of God, but coach Marvin Sam that's a fucking another little tale that could be a little TV series on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But learning the defensive philosophy under the Plini regime is the reason I've been able to play in the league so long, because they teach you so much about the game. They teach you not to They say, like, you know, you need to learn to be an offensive coordinator coordinator out there, but once you learn the defense and you're able to learn what the offense is going to do to you based on formations, based on down and distance, based on everything else, like you are like another little coach out there playing against these guys because you know you understand what's coming because based on formations, you check something and you know they only run a couple of players out of those formations. And just learning under that barre Rude, he would always come back to Nebraska shout out bart Rude, but he would always help me on studying film and how to take notes and learning all of that is the reason I'm like all the credit in the world goes to that because that's why I've been able to play so long, and we talk about the other side, like we've talked about.
Speaker 5: The interesting inverse. I had a completely opposite experience I with coach Beck. Tim Beck was officer. Of course you're in a different world on all bro getting to the league. Man, it was like, I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, so I didn't struggle, you know, with the playbook, but it was like the learning curve was completely different, like the verbus, the play calls, understanding that I had to know what everyone else was doing.
Speaker 7: I never had to do that. In Nebraska.
Speaker 5: Our play calls were like two words like red mango go, that's a play in the league, you don't have that, you know, you said in the formation you got maybe a shift to emotion, and then you got to understand if a safety moves down in the box this way, the protection may change.
Speaker 7: I didn't have to learn all that stuff.
Speaker 5: So I feel like, honestly, going into year seven, it's crazy, but I'm just not really scratching the surface of what I can be potentially in the league, from like a third down back, a receiving back step point because I understand the game a lot more.
Speaker 7: I was just out there playing with talent for.
Speaker 1: Shout out whistle Pig no free shoutouts and also all free shoutouts because whistle Pig whiskey rye is the best whiskey on the planet on the planet, and whiskey distillers that whistle Pig Whiskey have cut loose. This piggyback barrel aged rice smash is so refreshing, naturally carbonated, basically a mix between a whiskey cocktail and a seltzer. I don't think there's anything out there that's like this. It's so refreshing, bold balance whistle Pigs take on a more flavorful seltzer and at eight percent alcohol, sign the boys up. It's made with one hundred percent a state grown rye from whistle Pig Whiskey Farm.
Speaker 2: Who knew you could innovate rye in so many different ways.
Speaker 1: The fruit in it is barrel aged in whiskey barrels, giving those whiskey notes. Now, I'm a big whiskey guy, but this is going to be my go to for tailgates. My favorite one is the ginger get the one, the ginger and rye out on a boat for a bonfire. Honestly, it's perfect for any kickback type of outing. The flavors you have black very Lemon fizz, Session, Citrus mint, and that fresh ginger line which is my personal favorite. It's available right here in our Tennessee backyard. So stop buy a local retailer and find more info at piggyback ricemash dot com. And when you buy this rice smash boys and you buy it at these local spots these local retailers, take a photo and tag the boys and we'll be sure to shout you guys out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, And that's a good topic to cover too, because a lot of these, a lot of colleges, you know, very spread away, it very very based on maybe two word calls, like because coaches are trying to basically out coach the other coach based tempo everybody Chip Kelly tried doing to bring it into the league.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like do you feel like.
Speaker 1: Understanding all that stuff now and looking at like if you were to give a message to running backs that are getting recruited to be to look at pro style colleges, pro style programs, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, do you feel like you wish you a been more of a prototice.
Speaker 7: I definitely do.
Speaker 5: I definitely do that, and like sitting in with the quarterbacks more to understand like safety rotation and like just coverages because you know, everything happens from the top down right, at least from the way the quarterbacks, so you read a defense right, the safeties usually tell you, you know, even though they disguised a little bit, you have some good safeties.
Speaker 7: Like Harrison Smith is crazy on our team.
Speaker 5: He'll be down with the line of scrimmage on the snap, He'll be running way back.
Speaker 7: It'd be crazy. He's different, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But for the young guys, who are you know, playing against these collegiate teams, I would definitely say sit in with the quarterback a lot more. Understand blitz patterns, fronts, what different you know, alignments for dns can mean if a d N is kind of spiked inside, most likely someone's blitzing outside because everything is gap you know, most defense or gap to sign.
Speaker 7: You know, things like that.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand where you can see things before they happen, and then that's when your natural talent can really show, you know, because now you're getting the ball. You knew that that was gonna spike, and you knew it was gonna be an unaccounted for blitter on the outside, So you can be like, all right, I'm gonna make this move on this guy as supposed to get in the ball. You're like, oh, ship, now I gotta make the move. You know, without me knowing before that that was gonna happen off your tackle.
Speaker 2: Like that, you felt you didn't have a lot of that stuff in.
Speaker 7: The No, no, not at all, not at all, you know.
Speaker 2: So you just you just you knew what to do. And then that's what it was. Bro. Did they make sure it's fear Mirror?
Speaker 7: They actually so.
Speaker 5: Senior year homecoming against UH Illinois, they spelled my name on the field with the band Fear Mirror. It's pretty cool. I don't know if you can find the footage. It was against Illinois. That was probably the craziest thing. My mom was crying in the stands because like she was like, Yo, this is my son that they're making this for. I don't even look at him as fear of mirror, but like they love him here. And it was crazy because my mom, I'm from Birmingham, Alabama and leaving home that's like sixteen hours away. My mom was kept. She really didn't want me going to Nebraska. She didn't want me going far. But to see the impact and how that really changed my life made I guess it was one of those moments in motherhood. Was like, dang, I gotta trust my child more because he had the intuition that this was going to be the place for him.
Speaker 7: And four years later, that's spelling his name on the field.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man, dope, what made you come to Nebraska? Really?
Speaker 5: Coach Bo, Coach Bow, he was the only coach who really came to my high school for me. Everyone else will like their call, you know, they'll send some some mail. But Coach Bow came and pulled me out of art class. I'm never gonna forget. So like my second half of my first semester my senior year, I had pretty much gotten all my credits to graduate already. So I'm in like bullshit classes all the time. I'm in art and I get a call on my cell phone and my art teacher.
Speaker 7: Was super cool. She let me pick up the phone and it was both Polini.
Speaker 5: He was like, hey, man, get a pass from class, come down to the council's office and I had just seen you guys. I think a couple of weeks before, Taylor Martinez had a crazy game against Kansas State. He scored like six sounds or something like that. So Nebraska was on my radars. I was like, and that's when y'all lost to Texas and the Big Ten the Big Twelve championship that year, So like you guys were a game or from the national championships. I was like, you know what, this is a good opportunity for me. Like Alabama and Arburn they were lightly recruiting me. They really wanted me to play corner. I wanted to play running back. So coach both coming in and just telling me like, hey man, I'm not gonna tell you're going to be a starter, but I think you got a special talent. And that's the reason why I came here. We don't come to Alabama, you know, often, but when we do, we don't miss. I remember he said that we don't miss. I was like, all right, you're not gonna miss with this one. And rest you know what it is that is? Uh Bo was the man bro.
Speaker 1: He really is the man he'll yank your a I'll tell you what you missed an art class in college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Hey, that was that was one thing.
Speaker 1: That stuff that always kind of stuck with me because you know, he'd being like team meetings and talk about like I'm not gonna hold your hand and babysit you guys like you guys are growing in.
Speaker 2: You need we need to we need to teach you guys.
Speaker 1: But you guys need to learn to become grown men because you're not gonna do You're not going to be a some of the time guy. It's either all the time or your ass isn't playing on Saturday. He's like, you're not gonna pick and choose when the show up. It's not just come play Saturday, come play when we practice. You're either going to be the same person in classroom or you're not going to be here.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I appreciated about him the most is the growth that I saw on all of my friends. So ironically, Josh Mitchell and Kenny Bell are both in that group chat some of my closest friends today. But when they came to Nebraska, when they first got there, they were shitthads. You know, they were immature, a little one titled you know a little bit, and didn't want to go to classroom and that stuff.
Speaker 7: Bowl Like you said, he didn't hold their hands.
Speaker 5: Like they grew as men because of Bowl, And I think that's something that maybe the fans who just see him on Saturday, they don't understand.
Speaker 7: He held people accountable. He really was.
Speaker 5: He was like a second father almost, and he wasn't going to baby you. He was going to help you grow, which growth is never comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So focus on the process, compete every day. That's his biggest coote that he had hanging around everywhere. And as cliche as it is, it's just like, unfortunately, it's the fucking.
Speaker 2: Truth you talk about.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to you speaking about Actually, I don't want to go to that pivot yet. I want to go to the development you've had throughout the years getting to this point you've spoken on, Like now, you you're at a place where you feel like you you understand third down, you understand schematics, you understand all this stuff in the football world. Talk about your development from when you first came into the league to where you're at now, whether it's mentally spiritually, physically, football, whatever it is, because you're somebody I've always like respected and admire from afar, Like, obviously you.
Speaker 2: Know that we're boys.
Speaker 1: We're you know, we're good friends, some would say, but for real, like you're my boy, and you're also somebody like I always try to like tell because you never like tell your friends that they're like mentors of yours.
Speaker 2: Right, It's always got to be seen as somebody.
Speaker 1: Who's either where you want to be, older above you in some kind of But you've always been somebody that's like indirectly mentored me from afar because I keep my eye on you and what you do because you're you always.
Speaker 2: Seem to be in a good place. Talk about that development.
Speaker 5: Shoot, it's funny you say I always seem like I'm in a good place because I'm not not always, you know what I mean, which everyone deals with stuff. Yeah, but uh, shoot, I started with Detroit. Man. When I first got to Detroit, I had a really good rookie year and I put a lot of expectations on myself. But that city, it's tough with the expectations. So like getting hurt my second year, for the entire season, you're drafting the second round right, taking around, taking around. So first round rookiear was solid. Second year, I got hurt pretty early, which Detroit is kind of a woe with me, you know town sometimes where like when they're up there up, when they're down there down, you know, which they've been down for a little while now.
Speaker 7: So for me, that was a that was a really that was a low point.
Speaker 5: For me, you know in my career where it was a lot of doubts started to you know, started to creep in for me, like is he going to be able to be the same player after this injury again?
Speaker 7: Can he stay healthy? Can he be every down back?
Speaker 5: And those were a lot of the things that I thought when I first got to Nebraska. So you know, as people, doubt is like always stronger than confidence for some reason, you know, for some reason, we're so much quicker to like believe than negative as opposed to the positive. And for I'll say, between like twenty sixteen through twenty seventeen.
Speaker 7: I kind of become that person.
Speaker 5: I kind of lost my way of seeing the opportunity as opposed to the obstacle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: But I'll say the development started to happen when I started to realize who you are sometimes is who you are all the time. And I now'll plug bo again. It's about the process. I started to, you know, reach out to you about a lot of things with taking care of my physical body on a day to day basis. And when I started to take care of my physical that started to help my mental It really did, because I was feeding myself, you know, feeding myself and so to speak a self loving manner, you know, doing things that made my body feel good made me mentally feel good about going to work. I was more confident. I felt better about myself, and I think everything in life happens for a reason. So when I transitioned from Detroit to Minnesota, I think that was kind of that last like burden that was off my shoulders, of like attaching to an identity of being the best all the time. You know, I still consider myself right now one of the best athletes pounderful pound in the NFL. You know, an opportunity as it comes will show that. But for me, it was all about just getting back to the basics of doing things like every day waking up at a certain time like I always no matter what night I had before, I try to wake up at five fifteen every morning, just because you get to wake up with the sun, you get to mature with the day, and you get more out of the day. I try to make up my bed every single day because both both said it, bro it's the little things to process, and it's not about like achieving the big things one time. It's about achieving those little things over time and time again, until you look back and you're like, holy crap, I built a monumental legacy for myself just because I was keen and I was focused on the little things.
Speaker 7: So I think a lot of my development.
Speaker 5: Spiritually, physically, and mentally all come from just like enjoying the little subtle things in life, like going out in nature, you know what I'm saying, Just going out in nature, or just moving my body first thing in the morning, after I you know, make up my bed, brush my teeth and everything, moving my body, being thankful that I can actually move my body, because I got a lot of friends who had pretty severe injuries they can't even move the same anymore, you know. And just giving back to those simple essences of life have really like allowed me to stay in the league as long as I can and I think I'm actually I'm at, you know, an ascension point.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm going to the last year my deal with Soda and just seeing how my role has changed with them, where I'm sure in the field with probably other than Derrick Henry, the best back in the league. You know what I'm saying, Dalavin Cook. So that's also to me, it's kind of it's interesting. I'm back in the same place that I was when I first got to Nebraska. In my opinion, why when I got there, Rex Burke was there, one of the best back in the college football. When I first got there, I knew I would have to sit. I knew I have to be patient, and I had to find my way. I had to find my way on special teams. I was a return guy, you know. When I got to college, I was a first of All American just because of returning return the ball. And then in the NFL, I was a starter all four years in Detroit. Get to Minnesota, I'm not the start anymore. I'm back to that point of like re humbling yourself. But I don't really look at it as like humbling yourself. It's like just focusing back on the little things, because timing is everything. But timing is always happening, you know what I mean, Like your moment is always happening. It's just being ready and being aligned with that. And to do that, you have to be on the little things because it'll go past you and you won't even realize it when past you. If you're bullshitting, if you're trying to cut corners, if you're making excuses, if you're kind of that, woe with me, Like, man, they should be doing this more for me, or this should be happening for me. Just expectations. It's like, don't expect, just do. And when you're doing, and when the opportunity comes, it's going to be so seamless that it's like, oh I did that. I created something for my life and it was effortless. I didn't have to pull the moon to Earth. I just had to continue to fall back on my training, you know what I mean, Like you know, when what was that group that came in and they like threw us in.
Speaker 2: A pool program the program.
Speaker 5: So we did this thing in Nebraska one summer where these groups they called the program, they come in. They're like military guys, Navy seals actually I believe, and they're pretty much just talking about teamwork and bonding. And one thing that they always preached was never rise to the occasion, just fall back on your you know your training, right, And I can remember those times in Detroit that the pressure felt like I had to rise to the occasion, rise to the occasion as opposed to just falling back on what I knew. And now I'm in a place, you know, I've matured over the years where it's like my heart rate doesn't ever jump anymore because I'm like, man, I do this ship every day. My work away from the facility is way harder than the work that you do in.
Speaker 7: The facility, in my opinion. So it was like, I'm in a really good place with that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Hey, that fired me up.
Speaker 1: That's a good right there in a crowd, you might have motivated the boys back there.
Speaker 2: We're scared to hear this ship.
Speaker 7: Since that yo were trained by the Navy Seals. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called Yeah, it's called the program. The program if you type it in, is that it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm telling you, man, this is they've developed. Yeah, they're they're going hard. Now that they had one session where we had to wear all of our sweats and tread water in that pool.
Speaker 2: You remember that ship. Yeah, and whether you could swim or not, Bro, you couldn't hang on to the side, so.
Speaker 7: Irresponsible.
Speaker 5: It's possible because Brayland hurt couldn't swim, right, Blan couldn't swim, And if you could swim, you had to like, you know, help his teammates.
Speaker 7: So it's like they did on purpose.
Speaker 5: So if you couldn't swim, now you got to rely on that person on the team who was the stronger swimmer to maybe hold you up. I just remember Camera Meredith just like chilling. Know, he's an Orange County kid, hunting beast kids, just chilling floating in the middle of the poor everyone else is like drowning.
Speaker 1: And yeah, bro, that ship was fucking hard and this is a this is like three in the morning. We had to do a whole evening on the field, like in the turf field, like doing logs and ship like over like doing a lot of team stuff because it gives a coach's feedback, like who leaders are, who people are gonna separate from the pack, people who are good, you know, just teammates. Because the whole ordeal is that it doesn't matter if you're a leader somebody who has a title or not, Like we're all leaders in our own regards, whether you're a teammate who's just helping one other teammate. But uh, they tell you the perfect push up that we had to do every day, all the fucking time. But bro, so you had to do this whole evening, right. We probably left around maybe PM and nine pm, and then we had to be at the swimming facility at three am in the morning, and you'd have to wear all these sweats or in the pool like you're doing last But then you're in the deep end and you're treading water, right and you're helping your teammates stay up. But at one point you got to change your sweats and give it to your partner.
Speaker 7: While you're in the water trading water.
Speaker 1: Yeah so yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That shit was fucking brutal. What were we going on with that? Fall back?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, fall back in your training?
Speaker 1: Man, So just a quote of falling back on your training, I think they basically become your habits. You're literally talking about all these old things the book you guys put me on in the group chat atomic habits.
Speaker 2: Shout out j Mitch.
Speaker 1: I want to say him or Quincy or somebody might have posted that one of those two. But like reading that book too is like that's a quote from there, like you ultimately become, you become what your habits are, all these little things that we talk about.
Speaker 2: Whatever quote you want.
Speaker 5: If I can, just going back to doubt. Doubt is like the thief of joy. It really is, because when you start to doubt yourself more, you start to believe those doubts. You get afraid to even do the little things. I got to that point where like I was so doubtful after that my four.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to get in. That's what I wanted to ask.
Speaker 1: And you're doing that whole thing, Like was it a certain moment in timeframe obviously with your injury to where it it made you see like, yo, I'm weak minded right now?
Speaker 2: Like what am I doing? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Weak minded? Like I started to after my foot injury. So I told my little Frank. So that's like brutal too, bro, It's like the acl of your foot. It's just terrible. It's terrible injury to come back from. I still got screwed my foot from her now. But I started to just tell myself, like, you won't be the same. You won't be the same. You know, you won't be able to cut on your left foot as much as you used to, you know, and from that, you stop working the way that you did when you didn't have that injury. Because you're starting to incept yourself. You start to accept the idea that you aren't the same. So subconsciously your body starts to, you know, pretty much agree with that. So physically you don't even want to move, you don't want to work. You know it's not gonna get any better. So I saw myself starting to go down that path, which is where I feel like my third year in the league, it was a solid year, but we were going through a coaching you know, transition. So anytime you're going through a transition, you got to make a good impression. My third year was very average.
Speaker 7: It's very average year.
Speaker 5: I think I worked for like seven hundred yards or something like that, but you know.
Speaker 2: Which isn't bad.
Speaker 5: But I saw myself as a thousand yard back for sure, you know. But I can really remember, just like the off season before that year, I was scared to really push myself because I was still coming off of the injury, and it was really the doubt.
Speaker 7: It was what I had told myself I was fine.
Speaker 5: Now I feel way more elusive than I ever have in my whole career after a surgery. You know what I'm saying, that's just because my self speech and doing the little things every day.
Speaker 7: It's got to be back to that point.
Speaker 5: And just for anyone who's really watching, man like, don't I lie all the doubt to steal your joy, because it'll start to seep in your life, and who you are sometimes is who you are all the time, and you may think this is just one area of my life that I'm struggling in it'll start to bleed over start. I saw it in my relationship lives where I wasn't doing the little things, I wasn't communicating well, went through a lot of you know, tough breakups because of that.
Speaker 7: I saw it in my my my family life.
Speaker 5: Where I wasn't staying in communication with them as much.
Speaker 2: So you quit, you're quickly triggered.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I would just kind of run from situations. Anything that was a little painful, I would run from. It's the same thing with my foot anytime I was trying to cut and it hurt a little bit, I'm like, I don't want to do that anymore. So that's when I start to realize, like, yo, who you are sometimes is who you are all the time, and you kind of got to run towards that fear. You gotta run towards that, you know, that doubt in the sense because on the other side of that, a lot of time it's joy and it's a lot of like prosperity.
Speaker 1: Right, even even comparing to like looking you know, the thing in like ball, like in words too, is like never look at another man's wallet, like when somebody gets signed and you're like, oh, you know, you're you're getting out of the framework of what you're seeing in front of you. But even comparing that steals that's another that's another doubtful thing, that that steals your joy as.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Hey, most guys have tried to find different ways to last longer, but thinking about football doesn't always work. The folks over at roman on online men's health company are changing the game with Roman swipes, the secret to longer lasting sex. Roman Swipes are clinically proven uh to make you last longer bed. They're effective, easy to use, and fast acting, but don't require a prescription. Roman can ship swipes to you in a discrete, unmarked packaging, and each swipe's packet is small enough to hide in your wallet for whenever you need it.
Speaker 2: They're super easy to use.
Speaker 1: Just take the swipes out of the packet, swipe it on, let it dry, and you're good to go. Can you confirm that for sure?
Speaker 2: Jack? Good? Good deal?
Speaker 1: Go to get Roman dot com slash Busting and you can get your first month of swipes for just five dollars when you choose a monthly plan. That's get Roman dot com slash Busting. You you talked about you feel a lot more elusive. Is there is there some like body work or training that you've adapted over the years that's that's allowed you to become this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I gotta pay homage to foot Doctor Sports. So foot Doctor Sports is a sports training enterprise based out of Miami. But they they have foot doctors just passed all around the country.
Speaker 2: Now, is there one in Nashville? I don't know.
Speaker 5: If it's a foot doctor in Nashville, he might it might be one. So the owner's name is Seth Seth Mentor, and pretty much what they do is they connect you to you by doing a lot more barefoot training. You know, you see a lot of people doing barefoot training. I would advocate that the foot doctors are different than everyone else. I don't want to give their whole little spiel, you know what exactly what they do on camera, I'll let them tell it better than what I can. But working with those guys and working with my personal trainer now foot doctor for Doctor Moe, had really allowed me to understand that the body is all a spiral.
Speaker 7: Everything is about It's like a Pulley Levy system. Everything.
Speaker 5: It's more about absorbing force as opposed to delivering force. You know, if you look at a rubber band you throw, or like a trampoline you jump on a trampoline, the force you give down is going to rebound and give a much greater force.
Speaker 7: Your body is the same way.
Speaker 5: Your ankles a tramveline system, your knees are trampoline system, your hips are too. And really changing that understanding of the body change my training moving forward. Because of Nebraska, I was a big, big lifter. All we talked about was it be you?
Speaker 2: Who is me? I know sometimes.
Speaker 5: The majority of the time like Bard Squad like four nine fifteen, you remember that, like crazy, like crazy waight bro, which it's you get stronger by forcing your body under tension over time.
Speaker 7: But what that really does is that reinforces.
Speaker 5: A force absorption subconscience that's not healthy, which is why you see a lot of guys have non contact knee injuries. Because if you think you have force on your shoulders, force at the ground, that's obviously a given.
Speaker 7: Gravity is a given. That's physics.
Speaker 5: Your body is saying when you have forced out at the top and force at the bottom, to resist as opposed to if I'm having forced from the top to sink into it and redistribute. It's telling all of your your joints to resist when you know when forces applicat applicated to you. Right, So a lot of guys, when you see them running, they cut and they tear. The ACL's because your body has been trained to resist the ground, not use it, not to absorb it. And when I start to learn that, I was like, I can keep myself healthier by doing more functional training.
Speaker 7: Things that helped me.
Speaker 5: Spring out of my cut as opposed to stump out of my you know, out of my cut.
Speaker 7: You see some guys they stump through drills.
Speaker 5: You see them, and it looks good on camera, that's stumping and stuff, But it's like you do that shit in a game while someone's hitting you, and your knee is trying to resist someone hitting you from up here, and then your feet are on the ground, especially with artificial turf nowadays, how grabby that stuff is. That's why you see a lot of these injuries, knee injuries. And I think that really changed my whole outlook on how you should train and what's actually necessary for football players, which has really made me a lot more elusive in my opinion now. Like honestly, I consider myself more of a receiver than I even do a running back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I probably can run every route on the route tree. But that couldn't be said. Back in Nebraska. I was a lot more stiff. I was a lot more.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But like over time, like me being older as well, like I've benefited greatly a lot more from like a said, training, yeah, isometrics and things like that, just because of how the joints.
Speaker 2: Feel over time.
Speaker 1: It's crazy too, like thinking back in the college, like all this stuff we had to do, and even even high school, even like my dad always had me on stuff, uh, training programs and stuff in high school as well, all stuff. Yeah, yeah, not he hit me on that, that creating amount of hydrate.
Speaker 7: Baby, I got some funny stories about will.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about Vegas?
Speaker 1: Oh, BBC one fifty seven, So then yeah, yeah, yeah, so BBC one fifty seven. It is a body protective compound. It's not on a band substance list or anything like that. I got it from Ben Greenfield and it helps, like, uh, it helps.
Speaker 2: What's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Like rea, Yeah, like regenerate like injuries, like ten ligaments like stuff with injuries.
Speaker 2: You'd put it intramuscular right into the injury. And it's not a fucking band substance.
Speaker 1: But we're in Vegas and emirs always like it's like, yeah, you can, you can take the table, can tell you ahead, you can go.
Speaker 7: The st So we're in Vegas. I forgot why we were even there.
Speaker 5: Was it the nfl P, A nfl P A, nfl PA meetings they had in Vegas like, what the fuck? Anyways, I'm always like the team there now. I guess there's a team there now. But Will I think he had his door cracked because I thought him I was gonna come up to his room.
Speaker 7: I walk in, I see Will bear ass out needle.
Speaker 5: Just shoot us and shit in his ass, and I'm just like, well, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 7: I was like, that's how you're doing it.
Speaker 5: Huh, that's how you're doing it, because at this time he hadn't told me this is bp C one.
Speaker 1: I told you to come up and ship to check out, Like I'd be like, bro.
Speaker 7: It looks sketchy.
Speaker 1: Shit, look because I'm putting you on I think I was putting you on red light like light there being I had packed all the ship, dude, yeah, because I had like an upper hamstring injury, and here comes in and I'm like, hey, like this is it. It does look sketchy as fuck, dude, like needles, I'm like injecting the ship like right into the top part of my hamstring. But yeah, I remember. I remember when I was first like learning about it. I was sketched out by it, like singing, like putting it together and everything, and I remember the drug test guy because.
Speaker 7: I'm meth I remember I thought he was doing math.
Speaker 1: I remember the drug test guy coming to my house and being like, hey can you get can you get pop for this?
Speaker 2: Like is this on a band substice list?
Speaker 1: And like we're looking at stuff and again confirm that it's not because I'm listening to it from like a Rogan podcast from Ben Greenfield, like all this stuff that I've learned, Like I was very the way I'm obsessive over bust with the boys and like all this type of shit now is the way I was like with like performance recovery, all those mass of sauna ice, fucking red light, all that shit. And so I get on this BBC and so I'm like, well, I guess if I get pops, I'll know exactly what it comes from, because I just I sat there. I was like, I injected it right before you came over, so I'll know if it's from that. Because people would always ask like, hey, what if you got like and I'm just thinking to myself, well, I should know what it comes from because I'm always like very weary of like what I'm putting in them my body because I'm not like trying to fucking you know, put that batshit in there. But like I would be like, well, hands up, I know exactly where it comes from, and explain it and do this and that. That's why I feel like I'm able to talk about it. When you first bring it up. I'm sitting here, I'm like, should I be tense about talking about this? But I mean, it is what it is. It's not on the band. Yeah, and if if it did happen, like we would fucking know. Look look at the old boy right there, just putting it into his Uh. You guys aren't a lot like YouTube, doesn't. I mean, they're doing it right now. It sounds sketchy as fucked the way I'm talking because I'm sitting here. Sometimes at times, glad it wasn't math. I was like, oh, ship, we're doing math. That's what you want to You declined. You declined it, though I'm not. I wasn't that long, did I didn'tcline? He's like, oh, I think I'm good. I was like, bro, I promise you, it's all good.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna drink some coconut water.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Hey, Cometo. This is why I draw the line like I'm not.
Speaker 5: Going to go this far in Vegas too, know what I'm saying, Like, think about this wearing Vegas.
Speaker 7: It's the setting that really did it for me.
Speaker 5: And we were like in any other like maybe locker room or just someone's house. I was like, okay, I trust Compto, but it looked like meth. It looked like some kind of crystal wearing Vegas. He's like, you know, it's just do it one time. You know what in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is funny as fun, dude.
Speaker 7: That was actually epic night.
Speaker 1: That was fun. We had a good time. No, that was uh, that was we're talking nfl p A. That was an epic night nfl p A. Yeah, Quincy was there too, you remember, I'll take your word for it. We can talk about it after. I kind of don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Sure. I thought the nfl p A was more more chill than obviously when the island there was still for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right there, ye show my wedding ring. You're creative outside of ball. I want to dive into that. You're actually wearing a hat. Is that is that the hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This this one our hats.
Speaker 5: This is one I had, So I have a brand slash production company called Creative House, and pretty much what we do from a social media standpoint is we just encourage other creatives to step into their life.
Speaker 7: Everyone's a creative. It's all about how you look at something. You know, one thing may look like something from somebody else. You turn it this way, they may see a whole different perspective.
Speaker 5: We just want people to see life that way, see racial issues that way, see policies that way, you know, the whole nine yards. Just be more creative with your thought, you know, because it just encourages people to not be as down in the dumps or pessimistic about life because shit's been tough for the last couple of years, you know, a pandemic, all these other things going on. We just want to encourage people. From a production standpoint, we do a lot of things with Lulu Limit a lot of companies up in Minneapolis, so we're based out of Minneapolis, and we also do events spacing, so we rent out our physical space in Minneapolis to other entrepreneurs and creatives who are trying to get their businesses off the ground. So we're all about the little people. So that's pretty much what got you into that?
Speaker 7: Really? My buddy Uzama.
Speaker 5: So, my buddy Zama, he has a company called Creative Copilot up in Minneapolis. It's like a parent company where he teaches other businesses how to make content. And I was like, you know what, I think this would be serve a greater purpose if we kind of like expand this idea and help other people who just need space to facilitate their business.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: And we, you know, we came together.
Speaker 5: We started making apparel at first, and then from there we're just like, you know, if we get a physical space, we can actually make money, you know, hosting people in our space, hosting our own events, building a community where people can trust us to be people who help them get to where they want to be. So that kind of grew over the last like we've been a company now for a little over a year. But the actual creative side of things actually came from me starting to write scripts when I first left college.
Speaker 7: Well you started doing it when you first left college I first left college.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's a lot you keep from the group chat.
Speaker 5: Man, you know what, I kind of I like to keep things close to the chest until they're actually at the point of like manifestation and like physically tangibly you can see, you know, because I don't. I don't like to be that guy that's like, hey, I'm doing this, I'm doing that. I'm like, I'd rather just show you once it's ready, you know. But yeah, I first started writing screenplay when I left college. I just took a couple like master classes YouTube university, definitely hit it up just to.
Speaker 7: Learn, you know, learn how to write screenplay.
Speaker 5: I've always loved the essence of telling the story through film, you know, depicting things like that. Was a part of one writing team, which I won't disclose their name because we're no longer working together. We were actually writing a television show that was supposed to air three years ago, but the funding fell through, so that wasn't what it was and that pretty much sent me on a path to start to produce my own work. So right now I'm actually writing an animated adult sitcom that I told you about I think when we're that we're planning to produce in twenty twenty two. And so creative House is one side of what I do. From a credit standpoint. We have our own creative concerts where we produce tiny desk concerts for local artists around the country just to give them more of a platform and more of a exposure. You good, Yeah, I'm good it more exposure just because we feel like the underground music scene is like dying out, you know, because the streaming anyone can rap now, anyone can hop on and rap, and we feel like we need to kind of take the rings and bring the actual true art of people who are actually good at making music back. So we we only feature artists who were like on the come up, not guys who are already mainstream, who've already made it. We want to get back to the little people because we're always about those people who are kind of those hitting gyms. Because I consider myself a hitting gym. Like I said, it was a two star coming out Alabama. Yeah, I worked for it. But hey, did we talk Did we talk about that blog put it in you?
Speaker 1: I think we were talking about that at some point, weren't we. I know I touched on him being drafted, but I'm talking about in the past we've talked like yeah, yeah, it's like people fuel themselves like me, I'll feel myself as an undrafted cat. But I was a four star coming out, so you know, controversially, like arguably a bust going into the league, right being a four star. But some people who are drafted high that were two stars or low stars, they'll feed on the chip of the shoulder being a low star.
Speaker 5: I always see myself as like donder dog everywhere I go all the time. And I don't know if it's like this sociopathic thing. I've told myself it definitely is our own, but like it helps me. Like anytime I walk in the room, I'm like, not that I got to prove something to anyone, but I'm just like, work hard and everybody in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Worked the hardest working in the room. You were always about that, you really were. That was like your quote. I think it was in your bio. I think that's some ship you put in. But you know, becoming out a dick move. Yeah, it's always I think we're all like brainwashed. I think we're all the underdogs, you know what I mean, Like I'm that way being undrafted. Taylor feels that way being drafted at like thirteen overall, He's like it was fucking twelve, motherfuckers.
Speaker 7: What oh?
Speaker 2: He argues, about all the time done.
Speaker 1: He like, just there's some there's something that all of it, like all the competitor in this just just has to bring the light. I mean, obviously you got to find your edges some somewhere, that chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, honestly, if we're gonna be honest, since Taylor said what he said, I was mad that I went as late as I did.
Speaker 7: And that was exactly I was mad, you know what I mean, because it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, to me, you're a second rounder and you're like, oh man, the all fucking thirty two teams passed on me.
Speaker 5: It's like the fuck up second round draft? Your team, second pig. What was your signing bonus?
Speaker 7: I think it was like two point something two point something million. Yeah, yeah, a couple of million.
Speaker 2: It's five thousand, I think so yeah.
Speaker 7: I was actually respect so it might have been like added like.
Speaker 2: A million or something like twenty seven hundred after tax.
Speaker 7: Say what was my signing bonus?
Speaker 5: It was like everybody be like a million or something like that point one point three one point.
Speaker 1: One that No, that's uh, that's the vet.
Speaker 2: He got the vet that was right there.
Speaker 1: Minimum you got the max out vet bonus there like this sport track, that one right there?
Speaker 2: First your click on it. I forget, we don't have Forget, we don't have Alex.
Speaker 1: You guys got we got ja, we got JP trying to fucking run it back there, learning Yeah, scroll down, let's see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, god boy, one point three million, that's nice.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what when that first, When that first you get your first check, bro, is that not an incredible feeling?
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: I mean my first check was a practice squad check, but I felt like I was on top of the fucking world.
Speaker 7: Hey man, there's more money what you had. Yes, you know what I'm saying. It's more money what you had.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I actually had a really really crazy draft day. Do you know my draft day story?
Speaker 2: No, but I would love for you to share.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Draft Day I was in back in Birmingham, Alabama with my family and the second round starts and the Arizona Cardinals called me and they know, they're like, stay on the phone when it's the whole draft, we're gonna pick you, but we have like the I think they had like the eighteenth pick in the second second round, and I'm on the phone with Bruce Arians and me and Bruce Arians have history because he I don't know if he's from Alabama, but he was down in Alabama for some time and he used to host his camp at Hoover High School. When I was fourteen, I got a Hoover Hoover Yeah good, real good. Marlon Humphreys went there, but I got MVP at that at that camp, and jokingly he was like, man, you're gonna play in the league one day. And then ironically years later he's calling me trying to draft me. So he's like, dude, I told you, you know, we're just joking about that. I'm like, man, this is you can't write this stuff literally before I can even like, you know, get So it's the pick right before Arizona Detroit's on the clock. Didn't even call me, didn't even call me, and I just hear my mom saying America, come inside because I went outside because I was kind of stressed out.
Speaker 8: T J.
Speaker 5: Yoda and I got picked, and then like I was like, all right, man, all the draft board said I was supposed to go before TJ. Yoda, So I was like, oh man, I don't know what's gonna happen. So my mom's like come inside and the pick is in and Detroit had just picked me. Didn't even call me, so I had to tell Bruce Arians on the phone, like, yo, I just got drafted by the Detroit Lions. You know, sorry, I can't be Arizona Cardinal. But they end up getting David Johnson, which was a good pick for him. He was solid for him for a few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, you know what I mean. They traded him for DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in incredible. What must have some dirt on them?
Speaker 5: I don't know you no, no say today with Johnson, I think he's a savage. But but d Hobbits won a lifetime type of receiver.
Speaker 1: Yes, bro man, Yeah what I'm saying, I was just gonna talk about with the with the draft or something with the draft.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: If you love watching live sports but you're tired of the high prices, it's time to take control of your life and your TV experience, and it's time for you to get sling. Sling is a place where your favorite sports channels like ESPN, FS ONE, tn T and more all together for less, and it's the cheapest way to get the best NFL viewing experience. On TV NFL red Zone. With the Blue Plus Sports Extra package, you get Red Zone, NFL Network and more for only twenty one dollars your first month, plus watch past episodes of Busting with the Boys, the yak Stool streams and again Busting with the Boys and all the new Barstool content and for free on the Barstool Sports channel. On Sling, Sling is easy to set up, easy use, and there's no contracts, starting at just thirty five dollars a month, sign up now and get your first month for just ten bucks. Whatever you're into, Sling is where you can find the live sports you love all in one place. Go to sling dot com slash barstool to sign up now and get your first month starting at ten dollars.
Speaker 2: You had your draft story.
Speaker 7: Were you tight when you didn't get drafted?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was tight for sure. Yeah. I mean I was undrafted, like I thought I'd be a low round.
Speaker 1: Like you let the thought get in your head to everybody said, oh, it's better to go and drafted than be a seventh rounder, and so I bought into that for sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I do think it is better to go and drive seventh round.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I want to say day one, the Chargers called me, not to obviously, well clearly, but they called about like, yeah, we're very interested in you. This is on like day one, talking about probably on day three we're gonna look to get you.
Speaker 2: They drafted Mantiteou in the second round.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean I was let down for sure, salty, and I felt like the undrafted process happened really faster, like three teams.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 1: It was like Tampa Bay, the Redskins in Chicago that were and then a couple others that were wanting me. And then I was like my agent was kind of talking about, you know, the depth chart and things like that, and I thought it'd be cool to play in Tampa because obviously Levante was there.
Speaker 2: And then he just calls me.
Speaker 1: Back, Hey, congratulations, you're you're you're Washington, You're Washington football teammate, and uh so it kind of just happened fast. I mean everyone's like happy and celebrated, and I was just kind of like bummed, you know, I didn't get drafted, but it made for a better story, Like I wouldn't change it, Like I fucking loved the whole undrafted just journey I've been on, I feel like but yeah, I was fucking bombed.
Speaker 5: So we we talked about like some things I'm doing creatively, you know we're creative. How some scriptwriting and you know where I want to go with that. I do have to ask this question. I know we kind of talked about it earlier and opening this up to everybody. Do you think that there should be in today's society there is naturally a separation from what you do and what you love when it comes to like professionally, like making money a lot of times doesn't always align with what you love, at least from my peers. Do you think naturally a lot of times you have to separate what makes money for you from what you love?
Speaker 2: Like do you do? You do?
Speaker 8: You do?
Speaker 7: You always see yourself? You know we're busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Oh no, come on.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah you got you guys. You guys have gotten to Uh. I would text in the group chat about doing a podcast of that. We talked about doing a podcast. Yeah for sure, maybe you feel.
Speaker 2: Some uh.
Speaker 5: Exactly there get into the nitty gritty, you know, we wouldn't be on a fucking us.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you that we wouldn't be on the bus.
Speaker 2: We wanted, we wanted, uh me and I dabbled about it at the thought too. I want to say, we wanted.
Speaker 5: To call it the black and white, black and white, keep things black and white, no grain in between, and it's a black guy and a white guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's idea. It can still fucking happen now, Like, let's not get a.
Speaker 7: Twisted he could definitely.
Speaker 1: Could you see the new facility, we're reeling it in. You take you know what you want to do with the tiny stuff?
Speaker 7: Dude, I'm writing Atlanta. That's a forty minute flight.
Speaker 2: That's nothing. Bury it all together.
Speaker 7: Hey, yeah we could, We're could, We really could.
Speaker 2: But no, I didn't see myself doing this.
Speaker 1: But I feel I feel weird answer the questions just because I've played professional football and made.
Speaker 2: A lot of money, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, so I guess I want to understand more of the context, Like do you feel the question is?
Speaker 2: What do you feel?
Speaker 1: Like it's natural to separate how you make money and doing what you're doing what you love, Like what's the essence of the question.
Speaker 5: So I was actually talking to a lady friend of mine and right now is selling life insurance and it's not what she really wants to do, but it makes a lot of money for you know, she's really an artist, you know what I mean. She's really good at you know, videography work as well, and she does a lot of painting.
Speaker 7: That's what she likes to do to express herself. It makes her feel loved.
Speaker 5: But that shit don't make a lot of money sometimes, man, like the market for someone who sees themselves as an artist, something that's subjectively grated doesn't make a lot of money. So she was kind of saying a lot of times in America specifically, you have to separate what makes money for you from what really makes you feel good as a person, you know, And because when you try to, when you find yourself in a space where you're doing things that you really want and they're not making money for you, it can build like this resentment where you're looking at what you do it's kind of just like not worth.
Speaker 2: It, right.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of it depends on what you want out of life, Like sometimes you got to know what lane you're getting into, and that resentment you ultimately create. Like obviously it sounds like it's easy for me to say, because you know, I played football. Now I sit on a bus. But if resentment is getting created, I feel like your mental is not necessarily in the right spot because you're labeling with something whether or not you hate it. You're labeling as somebody that's in this. You know, I would assume like capitalistic world of how you have to make money and if you're truly not happy. Like my wife, for instance, she was an accountant making solid money out in DC like p PwC does that, like A does that not like an accounting okay, one of the bigger accounting brands out there. And she was a she was a tax accountant, and she had a trajectory of like you know, going and you want to make partner and you want to make a lot of money. And she left being a tax accountant to start managing Bar three studios, getting in the fitness because of the whole mind body connection all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So she, you know, took a serious.
Speaker 1: Pay cut and wanted to kind of go chase her dream of owning a Bar three studio, which one day I believe she will. And you know, she's an example of somebody who like left something that they didn't enjoy doing because they weren't getting what they.
Speaker 2: Wanted out of life.
Speaker 1: I think ultimately you have to ask yourself, like what you're wanting out of life?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we played ball, but we knew going to college and everything we were putting into Like myself, I was a very focused individual, like wanting to play football in high school. I feel like I had a good head on my shoulders. I had good influences, Like I came from a small you know, I won't say Poduck Town, Monta, Missouri, say it without saying it, but you're in a small.
Speaker 2: Town where you're.
Speaker 1: Not taught to think outside of small town, not because people didn't want to, but you almost don't know how to because not a lot of people leave where I grew up.
Speaker 2: There was never there.
Speaker 1: You can count on one hand people that went and played that went and did something in college on a d one level. From athletics, nobody really played professionally. There's a punter that played for the Ravens for a long time. I forget it. It might have been like Kyle Richardson maybe who played for a long time with the Ravens that came out of like a few towns over, but nobody ever went on and did stuff that you know I'm getting to currently do, and like my brother going in scholarship or wrestling, like, you're never taught to think outside of that element, right, and so I think ultimately you need to figure out, like what you want. I say that from a fortunate standpoint of like learning young that I wanted to put into such an amount of work to football to hopefully be a professional football football player one day. But I knew, like learning under we talk about the process of everything else, you're not a summertime guy.
Speaker 2: You're an all the time guy.
Speaker 1: So what I did in football, I knew I needed to take the same standards and approach it to what I wanted to do next, because at the end of the day, no one's coming to save you, like no one's gonna lay. I've went on about this before I got talk about it on Token CEO Erica Nardini's podcast, that you don't lay, that saying no one is sharing your pillow at night, whether or not you have somebody laying next to you, like they can be your biggest supporter of all time, but they're not carrying the stress that you have going on in your life.
Speaker 2: So unless you figure out like what it is that's.
Speaker 1: Truly eating that you're and truly bothering you, you don't necessarily have to set forth some kind of plan of action because, like you said it, like you get to a place and fortunately we were playing, you were playing in the league to where you knew you were all right financially but mentally didn't meet what people saw you as right, But you had to wake up one morning or on a consistent amount of mornings and kind of question like, what am I fucking wanting out of this? Because I'm a second round draft pick, I had a decent first year, I've gotten injured, I'm downloading the dumps, Like, how am I gonna, you know, get myself out of that? I think that's ultimately like what people have to do, And you might have to take a shitty way at first, right, but ultimately, like you have to start with the end of mind, like what is the all you want? What is the process that's gonna get me there? And again, it's easy to say and talk about, but it's truly what I've done with anything I've ever I feel like I've cultivated in my life, and you got to review it and feel it and see it every day, like you where you're at mentally because you've built habits of waking up with the sun like I'm and I don't know, I'm ignorant of some of this stuff. I'm starting to learn about the spiritual side of things. But you talk about waking up with the sun like moving your body like.
Speaker 2: You want your play. You want your mental to be in a certain place that where you're feeling good no matter what's happening in your life. You say your heart rate doesn't rise as much anymore. I've seen you post photos of you meditating before a game when some people like myself are getting amped up. I'm painting my face. I'm fucking talking.
Speaker 1: About pre work out like you, You're you're flowing, You're in some flow state, right, but you don't get there. You had to see what you wanted right, and the process for you to get there is like I'm gonna change my habits and how I'm gonna review it and feel it every day is I'm gonna at my alarm at five fifteen. It's gonna go off because it's gonna trigger something psychologically in my brain.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 1: This is why I'm doing this, and you're doing it every day, and these habits have formed over time and created and manifested, you know this being that you've wonn to mentally spiritually.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the football stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about another form that people might be able to relate to. Like, maybe you're in a job that you don't like, but there's a side hustle that you're doing.
Speaker 2: That you and some of you guys.
Speaker 1: I would love for you guys to trying to speak on it because you guys, you know not you guys are in like perception where it could be relative to somebody else, Will saying, like all Will's up there, he's been a eight year vet, he's sent on a above average podcast, you know what I mean. And so I'm trying to think of something that's relative to everybody else. But ultimately it's you got to figure out what you want and in all areas, not just financially, because you chase money, you're never gonna stop chasing. You know, you chase in a certain area, you're never gonna stop chasing. I guess, like you say, you can't pull.
Speaker 2: The moon to you. You got to what was the rest of that quote. You can't put the move too.
Speaker 1: You got to uh, I don't know, you said something fucking beautifully earlier. But it's got to be like a cultivation throughout your throughout all of your areas, right, and you have to figure out a way to review it. I'm a big believer in writing shit down. I write to myself all the time. I write goals like this podcast. It was a small goal now that I think about it, But I can take a photo and put it on here. But there's a writing in my old journal that was back in two thousand and sixteen, I believe, or twenty seventeen, in April April something, twenty sixteen seventeen that said, I want to be one of the first, or I want to be the first. I don't know if I was. I think we were NFL Active, NFL Player podcast with a million downloads. Slash Coach because I've you know, I've always had aspirations of coaching.
Speaker 2: I might have because I've shared like.
Speaker 1: Stuff with like, you know, some of my boys that like, we always kind of check in with each other. Twenty sent me a text like from years back time about the podcast and but I've written that shit down, like I've written down anything that has kind of transpired. Whether or not I've gotten there, it's been like up and down because there's also like getting a three earning a three year contract, like when I became a starter, was able to play a whole season. I didn't attain that, there's gonna be something fall short of. But for me personally, it's start with the end in mind. Figure out what you want, understand what that process looks like. And it might be a shittier process than a lot of people. Like everyone's gonna have a different win at their sale. It's just life like life. It just fucking is what it is. No one is coming to save you, whatever your situation is. No one's coming to save that except you figuring out what you want out of it, yeah, and then figuring out how to review and feel it every day. Some people might say, hey, that's too ambition driven, that's too like you know what you feed your moncy, like you want too much, or people sometimes are are pushed away from the whole personal development kind of side of things because it's very like ambitious, right, And I'm learning now recently, I'm saying a lot of different something I'm jumping around here.
Speaker 7: No, man, I'm taking a lot from it.
Speaker 5: One thing that really hit me when you were talking about you're saying, no one's going to come and save you, and kind of going back to the question of like do you choose what makes money or do you choose what makes you happy? I think a lot of reasons why people don't choose what just makes them happy as far as like their profession to lead in is because they don't want to take the accountability of the self. Accountability of like if they fail, because you're because you're relying on yourself.
Speaker 7: Like if you're an entrepreneur.
Speaker 5: I know the term gets thrown around a lot now, but someone who works for you yourself, builds your own you know, your own businesses.
Speaker 7: Everything comes from you.
Speaker 5: Isn't any structure of your job telling you when you got to go to work, you know, any programs that's saying like this is how we're going to facil irtate our business. You have to come up with everything on your own, and taking the accountability when is going well and when it's not going well is a lot of pressure. And I think a lot of people would rather just say, you know what, I would rather just fall in line and kind of be a little bit miserable on the day to day and make a little money on the way, as opposed to being liberated spiritually by doing what I've set my set out to do but working ten times as hard.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what the whole entrepreneurial like life is not.
Speaker 1: It's it's not like it's a term that gets thrown out there, and like, you know, ninety percent of entrepreneurs fail because you got to put to you got to put everything into practice, like it is on you. Like like, bro, you've done your stuff over theres and you you drop stuff in group chats and people share stuff like you you've done a you know, multitude of things, right, you've sat down with like kids, like you've done some cool dope shit real estate, real estate, and you can drop it, you can drip and I hope your boys share and do things like that. But at the end of the day, bro, like nobody cares work harder. And that sounds fucking crazy shit, but it is. It's so true. And if you're in if your mental's not right about it, like there is a spiritual side to it, Like there's there's times where I got to sit back, like I'm craving too much, I'm desiring too much, and I don't know if it's coming from I don't know if it's coming from me or an influence of me looking at other shit out there, and I'm feeding my soul differently than I need to. I'm not I'm not focusing reading what I want to read. I'm scrolling a little bit more. I'm looking at other people's pages. I'm like feeding my soul differently. But I can get to the root of why I'm getting that way, so I can reel it in and be like, comp You're not on this trajectory right now. I might see something from you seeing you breathing, and I'm like, I need to get back on my breath work.
Speaker 2: I sit here like I read a breath book and I.
Speaker 1: Did breathing for a month, and now I'm going to tell people I breathe now, and then I stop doing it for a little bit.
Speaker 2: But oh, I'm on that shit. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You have to check yourself, which goes to one thousand percent self accountability. Yes, and you do like where you are right now currently is based on literally every decision you've made. You might have had some bad fucking situations happened to you, but even the way you respond to every situation, it's still a choice. It's still something universal where the universe is going to continue to lead you down that path or leads you back again. We're saying a lot of different shit. I hope I'm not jumping around too many different spots, but like it ultimately comes down to that's a very like it's just a personal question, like are you what are you wanting out of it all? Because what is success to you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like that's the million dollar question, Like we always ask what success is. At one point in time, for me, success was winning a conference title with my boys and fucking bench squatting five hundred pounds, Like my goals were very self like prophecy type of fucking like ambitious shit that have to do only with football and nobody else, nothing else going on, Like I want to be the best football player.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I look back.
Speaker 1: Now and it's like, man, I was so ego driven back then, and they're still ego.
Speaker 2: I carry on all the time, right, I.
Speaker 5: Think if I can, Yeah, Like please, I think every I think everything you're saying is part of that lego piece that's making will comportonently he is. It's like it wasn't that you was just ego driven at that time. You were exactly who you needed to be at that time. You need to feed that side of yourself to create this complete person who you're becoming. You know, it's like one thing Like for me, I do, I do believe in like the the zodeaction shit like that. I'm a Gemini, so like I'm very like it's hard for me to focus on one thing sometimes, but I do believe like if you really want to be successful, you have to focus on one thing at a time, you know what I'm saying. Like Bruce Lee used to like on one thing they said he used to do to train, Like his focus is he will watch like water just drip from a faucet and try not to think about anything anything else but that water dripping from a foster for like an hour.
Speaker 7: Could you imagine doing that?
Speaker 5: Like training your focus like that helps you in so many other ways and to as we go through the ups and downs in life, you may be in a space where you identify success as winning a conference championship with your buddies or squatting that. And it's not that you are a bad person in that time where you were selfish or egoic.
Speaker 7: It's just in that moment in time.
Speaker 5: You were crafting that side that makes the whole image of who you are the whole, you know, It's just it's like one lego piece. It's like Jenga, you know what I mean. It's like that one piece. You just slid that in and then the next phase. Now you're working on your family, that's the next you know, the way you identify with success. And then once you kind of get that slide in, it's always a continuing work. You're always going to be doing, you know, construction on those areas that you've built. But you know, every piece is for specific times. So like I would never identify or look at different place the spaces in life where I was as if I was over consumed of anything. It's like, no, I was exactly where I wanted needed to be in that time because I was crafting who I am. If I wasn't, if you weren't who you were at that time, over consuming like the football shit, you probably wouldn't even be here right now.
Speaker 1: You No, I agree, I do agree with that hardly, because well, even from in terms of like program development with like working out and shit like that, it's like we can talk about what would be best for our bodies now, but back then, the programs we were doing what whatever, whatever thoughts and methodologies are out there about them, were needed because of the cultural stuff that's going on around the program as well, you know what I'm saying, Like you're just we were in such a phase of like learning about our own culture and how to create like leadership teammate. Like we talk about stuff now like, man, these these schools get this off the kids, blah blah blah. Like you know, I'm fucking jumping everywhere now, But I agree with you that.
Speaker 2: I needed all that stuff back then.
Speaker 1: I feel like it helped kind of create I mean, it has helped create who I am now. And I think like all of this one's like if you're sitting there watching, if you're sitting here watching or listening wherever, get your podcast subscriberate five stars.
Speaker 2: It's however you take.
Speaker 1: This in the thought, isn't compare where you're at to where you need to be, to where to where you should be, to where you have been to where somebody else is, or so and so is right, or this that the other doesn't matter. What matters is like if you want to make a choice to change where you're at now, you know what I mean, Like, it's not like you can sit there and be like, yeah, that is who I was and literally from this moment walking out the door, if we wanted to change something else about ourselves, we can become that person by building habits toward whatever we're thinking. So all all to go back to your question of like, how what was it? How do you separate separating? Do you think you can do you.
Speaker 5: Think is necessary to separate what makes money for you from what makes you happy on like a general you know level, because you, like you said, we're we're kind of anomalies in a sense, right, people who are who did do or are doing the things that they love and since they were kids playing football, you know, and it also makes money for them. But if we're not the you know, we're not the majority, right And in that aspect, So do you think it's healthy for people to kind of get in the mindset of like, let me separate what's making money for me from what actually makes me happy, right.
Speaker 2: And I do.
Speaker 1: I think that's such a one on one question for yourself because at the end of the day, like when we say nobody cares, we're harder, nobody sleeping on your pillow night, like no one's going to save you. Like another one, like it's a when you realize it's a one player game, like I got that one from Mike Sutt shout out Mike stud when you realize it's a one player game, Like you know, it's it's what you want out of life, man, Like it's hard for us to answer that for people, but I mean, we give our perspectives, but it's like you do with a grain of salt, because you know, we're kind of in the spot we're in now we interrupt this episode the shout out the boys over at sport Clips. Shout out sport Clips, no free shoutouts. You know what I found out, boys, There are two types of towels used in haircuts. One that smells like a bar top of two am used to wipe you down like a child with a messy diaper. The other makes you feel like a king leaving a Swedish sauna. And let me tell you boys, for you out there wondering what a Swedish sauna is. Just go to one get in your life. You'll think me later. The sports Clips MVP experience includes a hot steam towel infused with tea tree oils and a massaging shampoo technique that you never knew existing that you never knew existed. It's relaxing. You'll feel good, you'll look good, you'll play good. Sport Clips, the pros and men's hair. Visit sport clips dot com today to find a sport Clips in your neighborhood.
Speaker 2: JP, What do you think, Jack? You got? I mean, JP, I feel like, is then the shit? You know? This is how you make money? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it is what I love.
Speaker 8: But I do think it's so much easier for us for our generation than it was like our parents' generation. They didn't have as much of an opportunity. For my entrepreneur side, there wasn't as much money going around. So my dad he's doing a job that he doesn't love. But it came down to the point where like, hey, do I want to support my family or do I want to chase my dream in which I wouldn't be able to give my family the life I think they deserve. And so I think now like we sort of do a disservice if we don't chase our passions and dreams because the people before us, depending on your situation, created the opportunity for us to do to chase our passion because they couldn't.
Speaker 7: So that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Where I a good point that.
Speaker 5: Well, So given that example, they sacrifice maybe what they wanted to do for the later, what are we sacrificing? Like, what what's one thing that we can pinpoint? It's like, okay, we're sacrifice.
Speaker 2: That kind of defines our generations going to set.
Speaker 7: Up the next generation?
Speaker 5: Can you identify with anything that you feel like, Yo, this is a sacrifice that if I had my way would be different, but I'm doing it for the greater good? What is that? What is that sacrifice?
Speaker 2: Our own personal sacrifice for them?
Speaker 5: Because we're all like millennials in here, like what what are we sacrificing?
Speaker 1: I think there's more blueprints and outlets that allow to like tap in. I mean there's so much there's so many resources now, you know what I mean, Like, it's not about how many resources you have, it's about how resource well you can be with what you do have you know what I mean, Like, like we we've all gotten, we've all had to go through sacrifice and certain like you know, muddy waters to get to where we are. It's not like you don't want to you don't want to create a life to where nobody's not having to go through sacrifice. But I you know, I think one one thing we're doing is taking the stuff we've learned and continuing create more access to people. I don't know if that makes sense, but makes sense to me. It's like, you know, back in the day, it was just books, right, and then the internet comes. Now you got there were a few podcasts. Now there's many podcasts, Like there's so many avenues of like it's again, it's sitting with yourself.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's sitting with yourself.
Speaker 1: Like the conversation you have with yourself is the most important conversation you can have, because that's how you figure out, like you know, the wiser decisions, the decisions that you ultimately want, and the resource. Again, the resources are out there, so but that's a it's a fucking deep question, like what.
Speaker 2: Are we giving I don't fucking know neither.
Speaker 1: I feel like for me, It's just like all the experiences I've had and the consciousness I've been able to have, like within learning the things from the from what I sponged in high school, from what I got to sponge in college, from when I got to sponge around all my friendships, from when I got to sponge from my mentors, from the pros, from how my mind started to shift in balancing both football and life outside of football, and taking all of that and now being able to do it in a unique way through microphones and you know, giving it to people, giving access.
Speaker 2: To people to what before there wasn't a lot of access to, like athletes like we have now.
Speaker 1: If I can be some kind of avenue, one of the few avenues that allow that and people get something out of it, I feel like that's you know, service in itself.
Speaker 5: I'll say this going back to what you said with the generation before, so was that Generation X whatever that was or whatever you know them kind of maybe sacrificing not doing what they love to provide for their families. I would say something, I guess we inherited from the residual opportunity to go to college or whatever we inherited from that generation. I say, what we are passing down is the power of choice, because we do have a generation of people of entrepreneurs, millennials, people who don't have to necessarily sacrifice for the family to provide and to also love what they do. Let me say that over, they don't you don't have to sacrifice what you love to do to provide for your family. A lot of people are actually doing what they love and you know, also providing for their family. And I think what that creates for the next generation was a generation Z or Y or T where they own. By now generation Z is I do see a lot of kids who are leading like a lot of campaigns and choice to evoke change and you know, things that are really really important. So I think, like, I guess what we're passing down is the power of choice, saying like, you don't this system done not to always be like this if you don't want it to be just like you said when you you know, like, just like you said, when we leave here, we can choose to be a completely different person if we want to. And I think that mindset was not as unally understood just thirty three years ago, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, that is why you get some pushbacks sometimes from the older generation. It's like, oh, y'all don't get it, y'all don't get the sacrifice. Well, the sacrifice is just a little different different. That was well said, though, before we get off here, because it's been a long fucking pod. Been a banger, by the way, subscriber, if starts wherever you get your podcast, I do. I I disagree with you can only focus on one thing at a time. Yeah, I disagree with what you're saying that I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't focus on one thing. What I was saying is like to get the full which and.
Speaker 1: This is just between me and you. This is just I'm just saying this for me to you. I'm not saying like, yeah, somebody are you saying I get I feel like some of the to me when I think about this is my own personal This is my own person. Somebody might be different. Some people my name. To operate on one thing at a time, yeah, but uh, don't don't. Don't worry about a plan B because it deteriorates from Plan A. And I'm not as much of leaving that as I used to be, just because I feel like the way my journey's been in the recent years, is I was figuring I was focusing on a plan B.
Speaker 2: Just you got creative.
Speaker 1: I you juggle both ball, you juggle being a professional one percent of the one percent. And also you're building a brand like you're being an entrepreneur. So like it's it's ultimately comes down to prioritizing and how you spend I guess your days, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, I get that some people list saying do need to focus on one thing.
Speaker 7: I do agree with that.
Speaker 5: I do agree with that, And I like that you put that where you're saying you can focus on plan B, because you hear that all the time, especially when it comes to athletes.
Speaker 7: Correct where they're saying, like.
Speaker 5: Focus on school first, you know all that stuff like football should be your Plan B.
Speaker 7: I always say that, But I'm just like, no, like.
Speaker 1: The student code until you getting the team meeting. Man, it's hey, hey, student athletes, you are say you are student athletes?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right for real?
Speaker 5: You know? But now I definitely agree. I agree that because I do a multitude of things myself, and I enjoy it because fundamentally I'm the same person in all of those things. They all are different strokes of my you know, my paint brush, but they're all coming from the same fundamental idea of I like to teach people. I think I'm a teacher in life, and no matter if I'm playing football or shooting someone or writing a script, I'm thinking about teaching. And I think it comes down to when you ask that great question, that meanion dollar question, how do you define success? What is your common denominator that you see in everything that you do in life? You know, when you're a father, what do you see when you're doing bustling with the boys. What do you see when you're a husband? What do you see when you play football? What do you see? What do all those things have in common? What's the common denominator? And that success? I'm the same person integrity.
Speaker 1: And that's you Like, that's like your unique ability, unique ability as a person, like when you can operate it in your just whatever unique ability is, Like, I feel like you get a lot of freedom out of that real spects. Hey, that was solid, bro, solid?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else?
Speaker 7: No, I'm good man, listen, is some Oh.
Speaker 2: You're you're supposed to play?
Speaker 1: You were gonna you were gonna Also disagree with the doing two things at once.
Speaker 2: What were you gonna.
Speaker 7: Say, Yeah, yeah, obviously, yeah, yeah, okay cool.
Speaker 5: What I was saying earlier is a lot of times to be like fully successful in the sense of I see success of just like Kobe Bryant type of like mentality of focus. Yeah, you gotta focus on one thing. Gotta that means like the actual actions. Now that's not like your whole big scheme of things. Because even Kobe was getting oscars and ship, he was doing other ship, but when it came to basketball and he's practicing, he's focusing on one thing that day. That That's what I've been doing. I go in one day and I'm like, I'm focusing on finishing my runs.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: I'm not focusing on all I gotta do this, just got do that all these multitude of things. It's like today is about finishing runs. Tomorrow like it's about blocking, you know what I mean. The next day it's about if I want to take my game to the next level, I'm trying to catch everything one handed in practice today they're focused on one thing, and I think that's how you sharpen your skills.
Speaker 7: Bruce Lee said this too.
Speaker 5: I keep, you know, taking from Bruce Lee, he didn't fear the man that could do a thousand kicks. He feared the guy who's gonna do one kick, who did a one kick a thousand times, because you know that one kick is going to knock your ass out. But if you do a whole bunch of kicks, you never really mastered any of those kicks. You just did a bunch of kicks. But you got one straight kick to the chest that you've done a thousand times. That's all you need. That's all you need. So and I think that's how you really like become successful. It's like focus on that one thing every day definitely, you know, type into that.
Speaker 1: Yes, now I'm going to you you you spoke some wisdom on today's spot.
Speaker 7: Man, That's what I came for.
Speaker 2: I'm very thankful for.
Speaker 5: I'm thankful, bro, It's been a long time coming. I'm glad that I can join this aura. I think you guys got a beautiful thing going. Man. I would love to definitely aymn like and White you could still be a thing.
Speaker 7: You can still be a thing, man. But nah, I'm mad Taylor wasn't here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: I had a couple questions for him, bro, But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I catch you.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll come back in those days when when I when I'm one of my show drops, when my show drops in this entire different space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Whenever you got things like dropping and stuff like that's you know, you gotta go on the.
Speaker 2: PR That's what it is.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean, like come back.
Speaker 2: Like you might not understand that, but you gotta go on PR runs.
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta you gotta start saturating your stuff on a lot of different shows, on like a tour.
Speaker 5: That's that's why I gotta get better at it because I am naturally like I can talk to people, but I'm naturally kind of introverted. And that's probably why he's like, you don't drop you in the group chat. I'm like, I'm kind of introverted. Why I keep things closed to the chest. Yeah, And that's something I need to break out of more. But I see you guys do a really good job, like, you know, saturating in a good way.
Speaker 7: You guys just content, you know.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that. Let's shout out to all the boys back there.
Speaker 7: You got some apparel I can take with me, you know, take one of these pillows not in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll send you a box. Okay, cool, cool cool, We know how I am with mailing stuff.
Speaker 7: I gotta get to a flight.
Speaker 2: So what time your flight?
Speaker 7: Five forty six, So let me get up out of here. Three thirty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got a roll. Yeah, I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 8: Brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love you.
Speaker 7: I love you too, bro Ah.
Speaker 2: Hopefully Nebraska fans will love it. I know that not.
Speaker 7: They're gonna love this ship. They're gonna love it.