Speaker 1: Oh cut, what's up? What's y'all doing now?
Speaker 2: Our second guest joining us uh won the Super Bowl with the Rams played unbelievable tackling machine.
Speaker 1: Here are your.
Speaker 2: Starting middle linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks, Ernest Jones.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, how you do? How you doing doing? Man?
Speaker 2: We're doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm here, I'm here on the road chilling. Hey, I can say I can tell you something real quick?
Speaker 1: Talk to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you feel blessed that you've got to deal with me in today's game?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I wish you was out there. We wouldn't have to worry about you too much.
Speaker 3: You don't think so. But you know.
Speaker 4: We got a Devin with a spoon out there, right, Devin with a spoon, the only with a spoon I know it, and running me over with it.
Speaker 1: Never happened.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: But thirty six, what Ray did to you? You know? Ray? Uh Man? Thanks for joining us. Bro.
Speaker 2: You fit right in in Seattle. I mean you're having a great youth, having a let's go back the Rams, bro.
Speaker 5: You playing out of your mind? You one hundred and thirty, one hundred and forty tackles.
Speaker 2: What happened? What happened? With the Rams.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're still trying to figure it out. Honestly, we don't know. We don't we really don't know. All I know is we ended up training camp practice in Houston. I get off the plane, the head to my car, and I get the call like, hey, we we're finish trade you.
Speaker 1: And I didn't really see it coming.
Speaker 4: Thought it was a joke at first, but they were real serious.
Speaker 2: What were you at, hello? Were you at asking for a contract?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: Something had to precipitate this?
Speaker 4: We never even got there. I never got to talk numbers with them, just just just nothing nothing. It came out of nowhere for us on our end. But honestly, I'm fortunate and glad it happened though, because landing in I mean Seattle, really changed everything for me.
Speaker 2: Now you get to you get you get to be yourself. You go to a team that Seattle. They pride themselves on defense. Ever since the Legion of Boom and all those guys with Earl and Sherm and Chancellor and all those guys April and and and Bennett from their wag b wax from that time on, this has been a defensive led football team. And you land and a defensive lad football team. You mentioned a Witherspoon, you mentioned Woland, you mentioned the guys that you guys. Now, how has that transition seemed been so seamless because it seems like you were drafted in Seattle, like you were born to play in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Agree with you that that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest thing that different from there than a lot of the places that I've been, it's fifty three other guys in that room, in that locker room.
Speaker 1: Man, they dogs.
Speaker 4: Man, they play football the right way. It's for the love of the game. And getting in there in October. Once I was there, they welcomed me in so so seamlessly and it just was a perfect fit.
Speaker 2: You. Now, I don't know if you know this. They traded you to the They traded you to Seattle, right, you know what that means? You know when the Rams, when a team trades you with within the division, you know they don't have a whole lot of respect for you.
Speaker 1: Are you know that when they traded me to Tennessee.
Speaker 4: First, oh well you got see what you see. They tried to keep it, but now you gotta see me twice.
Speaker 2: So so now, okay, so you look up there, you say, you know what we got. We got y'all such and such a week. We got y'all such and such a week. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I promise you y'all gonna feel thirteen.
Speaker 1: I'll be there whatever time the game start, I'll be there earthly.
Speaker 3: What is it? What has it been like playing out there in that stadium? I remember being out there that twelve.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Boy, you can't hear nothing, boy boy, nothing, But what is that feeling like? Man? Being out there with them?
Speaker 4: I mean you, like you said, you can't hear nothing. I remember coming up here when I was with the Rams, and you know the stadium. Of course I'm on defense and their offense is going, so I really don't hear the noise. But man, my first game here, when we played Buffalo them, I was like.
Speaker 1: This is real. Yeah, the twelve.
Speaker 4: They show up everywhere, anywhere, rains, sleep, snow, Hell, they're gonna show up. It's just it's good to have a you know, have a fan base that comes and support us, and we got to show out for him.
Speaker 1: Seahawks.
Speaker 2: They're allowing the second fewest points, the third best Red zone defense fourth, most takeaways, six, most sacks, six best run defense. Don't have you guys the first at the quarter pole? How have you guys been able to play so well so quickly on defense?
Speaker 4: I guess for us, I think the cliche answer would be, like, you know, we trusting the guys you know next to us.
Speaker 1: We put in the work. But i'ma be honest with you. Man.
Speaker 4: Mike McDonald, he the man. He puts us in great positions to get out the quarterbacks, get out the opposing offenses. Throughout the week. He gets us ready, and then on Sunday he calls a great game. So a lot of it has to do with, you know, our ability and us going out there executing. But our coach got us, got us dialed in right now. Would you do you look to think about it? You on that sea, that team that won the Super Bowl? Von Miller, you got a d you got Floyd, you had ram.
Speaker 2: You look, I mean, have you ever thought of it?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: I mean did you go home and like, damn boy, we got a defense for real?
Speaker 1: And man, shoot, every every day that whole year.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about it, man, for the Super I'm sitting up there reminiscing on like, Okay, big moment, this is what you've.
Speaker 1: Been kind of working for.
Speaker 4: And I think I ended it with like, shoot, just don't fuck it up for Aaron Donald. Just don't mess it up. So I went out there and just went out there and played and balled. But man, that learning from the best there is to play a d Bond Miller out there getting sacks. Mean even what the whodow came in and showed me what it's what it's like to be a true teammate, true leader. So big credits and shout out to those guys.
Speaker 2: What was it like watching Aaron Donald? Because I remember watching him coming out and I saw him at the super Bowl before the draft and they're like, I'm like, damn, I said, man, that's Aaron Donald.
Speaker 1: I said that lord what it been called?
Speaker 5: Because when you look at him, he not I mean he he has wide shoulder, but you look at him, he like six foot talk like him.
Speaker 2: Boy. When I watched him first game when he was a rookie, watched him at the when he was not at Pitt, Yeah, I was like, ain't no way that him doing all that raising all that hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, taking on double tea He's splinting, double team, getting skinny and doing everything.
Speaker 1: Everything you can say when.
Speaker 2: You first saw and what did you think when you first saw him?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Ernist?
Speaker 4: When I first saw him, I'm gonna be honest, I didn't know too much too much about him, Like, of course he was Aaron Donald had been in the league a couple of years. But I wasn't really all the way hip to him like I should have been. And I remember the first day I was out there giving calls and he didn't get the call and he told me to speak up, and the way he said it just caught me off guards. So I'm like, I can't let I can't let this girl man talk to me like that. But to sit back and watch him, I found myself a lot of times watching him, watching him create habit, destroy stuff. And there's been times man' he stopped practicing. They told him to get out. So I've seen some I've seen some things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can't get anything done if he's giving them one hundred percent effort. You see what he does on Sunday. Now, everybody don't got Zach Martin or Quentin Nelson to be able to deal with it, or or what's the guy in Seattle, I mean not Seattle, but the forty nine ers. What's the left tackle Jo Trent? Everybody don't got that. So if he said, you know what, I'm just gonna wreck shop today, y'all ain't gonna get nothing done. You're not gonna get anything done.
Speaker 4: And he decides when he wants to do that, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Your squad started the season with the twenties best odds to make the Super Bowl. Every every publication had you got picked dad last. Now all of a suddenly, look, hey, it looked like you or you and you a it might come down to you and turning.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's turning that that was the plan. Though, that's the plan. We know what it is.
Speaker 4: I firmly believe when the NFC West, when all four of those teams are smoking and on fire, man, that's one of the hardest divisions to come out of. So we know what's on we know what's on the line, we know who we got to get through to get there, and we.
Speaker 2: Last game of the season, this for the division, Rams takes on the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: This is for the division.
Speaker 2: What can we what can we expect from Ernest Jones.
Speaker 1: Oh man, a performance.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to ball out a performance some sweet slow and sixty.
Speaker 3: And you know it's funny defense, y'all. The numbers speak for ourselves already a quarterway through the season. But that god damn Sam Donald and jsn all us, they might they might be the next big thing.
Speaker 1: Man that that duo right there is growing.
Speaker 4: To see where they came from from OTA's when offensively they were learning new couldn't really figured it out. To see them guys where they're at now, and it is just to start like those are Sam's a ball are cool composed and Jess is a quiet killer out there.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised the ad up the way when he did, because you're talking about a guy that played ten years, he wing three m VP's, he won, I mean, he was phenomenal. He's an eight times, nine time first team All Pro, I mean, and he just, like you know what, I don't want to do it no more. I don't have the passion to train with what it requires me to be the ad that y'all see every Sunday that takes the off season.
Speaker 1: And I'm done with that.
Speaker 4: I truly, I could say I wasn't surprised because we kind of knew coming into that year that it was gonna be it.
Speaker 1: But I say, you just said it for him to, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I guess, be honest with himself and know that you know, I don't have what it takes to be Aaron Donald.
Speaker 1: I don't want to come out.
Speaker 4: Here and do the steal their money hunt and just you know, be taken.
Speaker 1: Like you just said it was.
Speaker 4: It was kind of honorable for him to put it up the way he did, went out on his sword, went out at the top of his game, and you know, you got to talk about him from for years now.
Speaker 1: Is one of the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The funny thing too up And even when you think about it, think about Aaron Donald and all is accomplished. You look at his accolades, you look at his resume, and coming to the NFL win a championship, What the hell else does he have to prove?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: None has to prove.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of people don't have anything to prove, but they're hard to walk away from thirty million.
Speaker 1: Ye did he walk away from it? I think they were still paying him a boy a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I mean, like I said, It wasn't like you saw slippings in his game. He could still split the double team. He's one on one, hey, and he lined up. He turning every door. Oh this, oh, this is a lock. Oh man, they they left this one open. He's gonna stay right there. He moving up and down the line, and he's telling everybody. I mean, your offensive line coach for the opposing team, number ninety nine, you circle him. He gonna get a chance to whip all y'all last sole, worry about him. Let's go on to the next guy. That's what's gonna happen. He gonna whip everybody als. And you have to guys like him and LT and Reggie White, Bruce Smith, you had your account for them, they would wreck your entire offense if you did not have one one mess. He gonna hit your quarterback in the back of the head and you gonna put it on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's how he was. Man.
Speaker 4: Just just a monster man, just wrecking shot every day like it's it's it's some stories that he probably wouldn't want told online, But that man, that is a monster.
Speaker 2: That yeah, that he whipping all the official line of the ass They couldn't nobody block him. And he say, look here, if y'all give me a little, a little fee, I'll take it easy for y'all to be cause you had because they had one on one, you had one on one in training camp, you had one on one sometime during the course of the year. Yeah, ain't nobody.
Speaker 1: Blocking it at some point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what you're gonna do? He getting that shape, he getting that, he getting that three?
Speaker 1: Take what hell?
Speaker 2: He can get into five? He could, he could go up and down the line. He can get into a nine. He can get into a seven. He can get into a five or three until matter what.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do?
Speaker 3: And you and he uses his hands.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the alignment. Look use his hands like he could. He's almost like a wide receiver. I mean, if you look at the way he moved his hands. Oh, jo, how we swimming? How we knocking people's hands away? That's how he was as a defensive lineman. But then he catch you. He pushed the arm up and then he gets skinny. I gotta get I'm in there.
Speaker 3: He hold on, hold on. They got a bad boy over there in Seattle right now too. Now who that that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got a bad I'm not saying the Aaron Donald.
Speaker 1: But he's a bad man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I've got the luxury to play behind some great defensive tackles. Knows man, he's he's up there, he's one of he's one of the ones, man. And that whole front, that whole front for whoever they roll out Jan Reed. We got Bayron Murphy. Those guys, man, they keep me protected. And I just fly around and play.
Speaker 1: And you just you just get the float. You just like, hey, keep it.
Speaker 2: What when you come in, I would have known the goals. So when you come when you start the season, when you get ready, it's like, okay, I'm getting ready to go to training camp. Give me some give me some of the goals that you set for yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I think for me some of the goals that I set when it when it comes to coming out of training camp.
Speaker 1: Are you saying on a personal level or as far as you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the personal left, obviously you want to win, Like if I do what I folded to do, we're gonna win because I'm gonna get I'm gonna get me by one hundred fifty.
Speaker 4: No, for sure, couples sat me coming into this season. Specifically, this is the healthiest I've been. I dealt with a knee issue for the past two years and it's still able to play at a pretty good level. But for me, this year was coming in healthy and then it was from that, Let's take the next step in my game. Let's let's start deffecting these passes that come across his middle and coverage a little bit more. Let's be more fluid out in space, make those tackles, and let's just see what happens.
Speaker 1: Man. Of course, I want to go. I want to all pro. I want to be a pro bowler.
Speaker 4: But I'm all about winning, getting there and doing what's best for my team.
Speaker 2: You want, you want enough enough people, jewelry.
Speaker 1: I needed this one over here, get lonely man, I need another one. Dude.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Do you wear it like when you go on road trips? You suited and booty that have you pulled it out? Do you wear it? You're just like, nah, I gotta get you. I gotta get you, I gotta get you apart, and I gotta get you.
Speaker 1: Wear it today.
Speaker 4: I pulled it out today for the first time today was the first time in a while. But I don't wear it. I'm waiting to get it a twin sister. Yeah, you gotta get you for it, because he longed me up there. You know, he's like, damn, I ain't got nobody to talk to. I ain't got nobody to do to holler at him nothing, but what was?
Speaker 1: I need it?
Speaker 4: And we we keep going the way. We're going to just keep keep getting better. I think we got a great shout at it, shot at it.
Speaker 3: Unt you got anything else done?
Speaker 1: My last thing for joy that Madden.
Speaker 3: Overall, we gotta tell me what you Hey, listen, I take care of the receivers in the DBS. I don't really operate with the with the lab and stuff.
Speaker 4: What you need speed, you need to spread me is overall. I think I think were lacking a couple of things. The tackling. I think we do need to be better miss four tackles last year. Ain't too many people on the missing four tackles. We got to get that up a little bit.
Speaker 3: So what's your overall like eighty one height one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that that that real?
Speaker 1: That real.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with that, Listen. I got I got a meeting with the EA team in the morning. I'm gonna address that I'm appreciated. I'm gonna bring it up like I'm really not in a position to bring it up if it's not a skilled position like receiving dB. But I can see it on the table for you because it's on film.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. That's all I saw I played for is the film.
Speaker 3: I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: Who y'all got that's gonna be good with? Yeah, they got ay, they got they they they Hey the bucket, Bucky Irving and and White, they can run the ball, Baker throwing at a that's gonna be a good match, and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: They come out to Looming, so well, we'll see you see him Sunday, see.
Speaker 2: We I played in Looming before y'all became, Before y'all wasn't good.
Speaker 1: It was it wasn't a proud noise.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact. Oh Joe, you know how to be like this here. I was like I was on the team, like.
Speaker 1: Get it up, damn, Like it's gonna pop this week. It's gonna pop this week.
Speaker 2: Oh for oh for sure. So when you got to Seattle.
Speaker 4: Did you go to the market haven't been yet?
Speaker 3: What the hell you wait on?
Speaker 4: And you gotta go catch out here October. The only thing I was trying to do is figure out a playbook. I get gotta get that out.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get that, me and my wife Donna get down there at some point.
Speaker 2: He so you you like you like seafood, you like I go.
Speaker 1: I go for fish. I'm allergic to shrimp, but other seafood.
Speaker 2: I'm allergic to shell fish.
Speaker 1: Also, it's just shrimp for me, which is crazy.
Speaker 5: No shrimp, lobster, crab, oysters, scallop.
Speaker 1: It's George. Now.
Speaker 2: I can eat. I can eat. But that's the difference. That's a crustacean and the mullets. So they're they're two different. Well i'll tell you about Ojo.
Speaker 3: But anyway, and you don't with your dad like you're not one of them healthy eaters and eat all that that good stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be mad here. I'm like you, I'm gonna get it in.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 4: I will say, I ain't been to McDonald's in a minute, but I'm gonna get full.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just eat.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about, and see and people want to understand. They were the question, well, why is he so good? Why is he great? Why is he one of the best fl You know why? Because he eats the way he's supposed to.
Speaker 1: The South George Hey, clean died up.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you all.
Speaker 5: Hey, you clean and died up, died up, First team all pro. I got get you about. Get you about five forced fumbles, three picks. Now you know with one hundred and thirty five tackles, four forced fumbles, two farmer recoverage and three picks.
Speaker 2: Now they're talking about dp O. Why that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you want that or not, but you get it done. I get it what I'm talking about. Listen, don't be listening, yoke Hey. I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 3: Whatever you put in your system and got nothing to do with making none of that, he just name.
Speaker 2: I got you that, Earnest Man, Thank you man. Appreciate you joining us to night. Best of Little Hey. And when that season turns out the way you want it, come back and talk.
Speaker 1: Got you. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Bro. Ernest Jones the fourth starting the middle linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks. Man, he's an unbelievable player. I mean, I was shocked. I was absolutely he shocked that they when they traded Joe because I didn't see because I'm like, man, no, no, he could really play.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely, Oh yeah he could. He could really really play. I'm absolutely shocked that they moved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The funny thing to about it, uncle, when you when you when you move a player that's that good, it makes that kind of impact at that position. That means there's somebody else that they see behind him that they believe in. And I'm not sure who that is right now.
Speaker 2: Well, the one man's trash is somebody else's treasure because they got the Seahawks got an unbelievable Hell, I'm surprised. Hell he didn't stay in Tennessee. Yeah, you say, look, no, y'all can play, y'all, Hey, Chace, y'all know. I call it like it is. He can play, he lo, he for real.
Speaker 3: He in the right place. O.
Speaker 1: Joe A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown spoke to the media about why why he's frustrated with the Eagles off I being stagged at that time.
Speaker 1: Let's take a list of what he had to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think it's fair too, you know, to want the ball to get them to get us ball. You know, like last week against the Rams, you know, I caught the slugo that Dolphins going next play open up and Dollar Goudar, the safety came up to my side and opening it up. So you know, I don't think it's a bad thing for one of the ball. It's not just for targets or anything or putting numbers up for no. I see that we're struggling, and I'm a guy that that wants the ball in those times when we can't find a way.
Speaker 1: Give it to me, like when the game is on the line, give the ball to me. I want that.
Speaker 2: I want that pressure.
Speaker 1: I put it on myself, you know.
Speaker 2: And I work hard for it.
Speaker 6: And so that's what, you know, the the misconstruction or whatever misconstrued, you know, whatever perspective you can about me, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: You know, And I don't care to be honest because my teammates know.
Speaker 6: My teammates know that when the game's on the line, looking you know, and I want to everybody in stadium to know that. You know, that's not a secret, you know, I'm not shying away from that. And that's where you see that frustration of Homer comes out because I see it's struggling, and.
Speaker 1: I dive that you give the ball to me. I'm gonna open up things and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Get this thing going.
Speaker 1: You can put it on my back of this year.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: You like to eat your accountability for his thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing, the only thing, the only thing I would say, yeah, is that keep it in housing because the perception of how it's going to.
Speaker 3: Be perceived, right, it's completely different.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you know, optics and perception is everything in our business.
Speaker 3: And this and the one thing he did say, you heard what he said towards the end is even if you guys misconstrue what I'm saying or what the meaning is that I'm trying to get across, I don't care. And you have to have that mentality as well. He has that. He has that Mama mentality in the sense he has a killer mentality at the receiver a position. He's out there by his cell phone, he's on the island by himself, so he he's relying on ten other people.
Speaker 2: Oh, he played No, he played a dependent position.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You at the mercy of the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Hey, every time. So when we're struggling or the type of team we are, the way offense is we run the ball to open up the pass. Well, yeah, I'm a player that's here where we can throw the ball to open up the run. And I want to be that guy. I put the pressure on this on myself getting me the ball in these situations.
Speaker 2: You know, the hard thing is Ohoe, is that when you win a certain way, the team believes that's the only way they can win. He said, So, so what do they do? Say what we wanted last year? Well, you have to evolve because is not The holes are not there for Saquon this year like they were last year. So clearly the defenses said, we are not gonna let twenty six beat us at all. If you guys want to beat us, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to throw the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And A J said, well, damn can we throw the ball when they don't know were gonna throw the ball?
Speaker 2: Hella, we just throwing the ball on third down? You make it really hard. But you know I'll be over them first down too. I'll be over the second down.
Speaker 5: And then an opportunity and one more thing, one more thing, another thing that they need to do.
Speaker 3: Let's be a little bit more creative. Let's be a little bit more creative when it comes to the type of routes and you're giving a J. Brown the run, I can name him too based on the split every time the under listen, if he's two yards outside of the number, he running the goddamn slant. If you're on top of the numbers, he running the god damn curl. If he if he's uh, it's a physical bench, he run a quick stick route. Yep, it's the same. It's the same concept every time, Like, what the hell are we doing?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe Travis Kelsey's spoke about AJ Brown's tweet, saying, you're foreign, old boss. Come on, man, it's frustrated for AJ right now. Clearly he's going to uh, he's going to social media to show it when I show my frustration when we aren't rolling as an offense.
Speaker 1: But it's uh.
Speaker 2: But it's also really hard for me to get mad when we're winning. I don't find that energy when we're winning, putting up points in winning football game. That's all I said. That was my entire point. It's hard people. Oh Joe, you say, well, I'm hungry. I give you food. Man, This ain't no Waggo said, this ain't no U growing potatoes. Man, This ain't no lobster back of cheese. So and and and I and I, And that was my point. That was all I was trying to say. It's hard to get people on your side when you're winning. Really wants to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And so when.
Speaker 5: You're winning, it's hard to get people like, yeah, your AJ, You're right, They be like AJ, we winning. Yes, I want you to catch passes, but not as much as I want to win the game.
Speaker 2: And so that's all I would say. And I get what people saying. People like with Travis Kelcey, Yeah he gets looked with Hey, when they not winning, yep, he gonna act up without our office is stagnant. And that's what AJ is saying. So it's just hard. Hey, j go talk to Jalen, Go talk to Sirianni, and go talk to your damn here, your offensive coordinator. That's what I'm talking to. I ain't gonna put no tweet out. I ain't gonna say I ain't gonna put nothing on no Twitter. I'm going to talk to them because I got a direct line, I know a I know where your office is, and I know I got hurt phone number.
Speaker 3: You don't think you undid that. You don't think you're gonna get that because we had the same problems last year. You don't think he's done that. I think the first step is he probably went and had those conversations already and nothing that's changed. Nothing changed Now were in the next year and the same shit still going on.
Speaker 2: But again, I give you a prime example. Monday night, what did you see Chase do Chase walked right up to Zach Taylor, didn't it? He walked right up to it.
Speaker 3: He were frustrated, he was frustrated, and I'm curious. I'm curious to see and it don't get no easy this week, gonk it don't This week they played Detroit. Oh lord, they played Detroit. So you know Detroit put points on the bord o't Joe, But who are you telling they scored fifty week before last and they scored fort to the last game. We don't have no choice. Zach Taylor spoke to the me today and said there's no need for us to bring another quarterback in a veteran because we believe in Jake Browning. I said, well, shoot, if we believe in Jake Browning, I ain't got no choice but to get on that bus too. Let me guess where I'm at right now? Where in Cincinnati. Guess who I'm going to talk to in the morning? Who the team? Because what you're gonna talk about, I'll be damn if I get embarrassed Sunday, I'll be damn. I'm going to the game Sunday. Obviously I'm gonna leave a gamer. Going to the game Sunday, we won't worry about.
Speaker 1: You can leave a halftime. It'll be over.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, hey, or when you when they.
Speaker 1: Get Hey, Chad, we're gonna start on time.
Speaker 3: Hey, when they get this pep talk from me, when they get this pep talk from me before that game, it's a rap. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, okay, I can't wait to hear this pep talk.
Speaker 3: Hey. Matter of fact, you know what, I'm so happy and just just speaking back about like, I know you ain't send me none of my gifts, but I got a nice gift for you.
Speaker 2: I got a nice what haven't I sent you.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I got a nice gift for you to show you my appreciation and thanks for giving me an opportunity. I got you an awesome gift.
Speaker 2: You know I'm gonna sing you know what I'm gonna sing your gift.
Speaker 3: I'm you even asking what the gift was.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need to know that. The whole point is okay with your what's the gift?
Speaker 3: I got tickets for me and you to send front row front row and we can go. We got backstage passes so we can take pictures and stuff at the NBA Young Boy Concert October thirteen. Where are saying in Miami? All right? All right, listen, listen, listen. Wait before you say anything, I know how you like to fly. I already got the private jet charter to pick you up bring you to Miami. I got a driver for you to bring you to the concert. I got you two security guards.
Speaker 2: So yo, I don't know one song NBA Young Boys saying, man.
Speaker 3: I don't either. The only what you need to do is go listen to the song Rebels kick It. You can start there and then I'll send you other stuff up to date that can catch you up to what you're gonna hear at the Can.
Speaker 1: You give me?
Speaker 2: Can you give me a Chris Brown ticket? I know Chris Brown? What about Drake?
Speaker 3: See you? We are you?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 3: You are WAYI in right now? You are Wayian and hey we.
Speaker 2: I'm a o end.
Speaker 1: What's said old ninja?
Speaker 3: Hey listen listen. I got you the lime green bandana to tie around your neck. I got your leather vest and wear some black Air Force once. Hey, we're gonna be in that cutting up you hear me?
Speaker 2: Man, you gotta give me. I mean if I would go to a car I ain't been to a concert.
Speaker 3: Man. I know he.
Speaker 2: Adele was the last concert and she was when she was at UH had the residency. He got you gotta you gotta give me something easy, man, Damn it's easy.
Speaker 3: He gonna listen let me. He gonna bring us on stage, right.
Speaker 2: No, I don't be out there. Hey we a I'm on.
Speaker 3: I'm on.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I'm on probation for the rest of twenty five.
Speaker 3: I know, but this ain't got nothing to do with that, though.
Speaker 2: I'm telling I just I just can't. I can't be at something like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're gonna send it, gonna send the wrong message. My pro basic officer is gonna get me.
Speaker 3: What message? This message? This message about living life?
Speaker 2: This message. I know this message.
Speaker 1: I've been having fun.
Speaker 3: It's about freedom.
Speaker 2: The rest of twenty the rest of twenty five, now twenty six, I'm you know, I will get back out there. But it needs to be you know, you know, Oh, a couple of work with me. Oh, your work with.
Speaker 3: Me, working with you. That's why we're going to the NBA Young Boy Concert.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: What you need and you need to be you can come up out your shirt. Then you gonna have that the Live Green Bandanny Road.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, look here, yeah, yeah, I'm with you, man, I was gonna go. Hey, I gotta sit there without on.
Speaker 3: You too late. I already got the charter. I already got the tickets. Oh, Joe, I already got tickets.
Speaker 2: I need to go somewhere. Let me go to a John Legend, Let me go to Anthony Hamilton, let me get maybe maybe I could do like a Drake or Chris Brown. A't do no young boy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you like this either you go to the Young Boy Concert with me I'm gonna beat you up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You got you got two choices, You get your ass whooped.
Speaker 1: I think that's how to take I about to take that one.
Speaker 5: Oh Yoe, man, you don't, Yo, man, you don't right now, Oh Joe, you know your boy right now, I gotta you.
Speaker 3: Know, Hey, I'm telling you when you hey, listen, when you're getting that atmosphere at that concert, I'm telling you, you gonna feel like, Damn, I ain't felt like this is a long time. You just you just you get loose, man, you just and then hold on, we're gonna be in the listen, We're gonna be in the crowd, and we're gonna be standing on our chairs and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to say. I'm to say to that, Hey, I got y'all. I'm back at twenty six. I'm back at twenty six. Follow twenty six.
Speaker 3: I dinnlready told NBA young boy, we coming back.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, oh Yoe, you know my matto follow twenty six. I'm a dark skinned slave. I'm outside. You know what I'm saying. On Joe, I'm outside. You know That's where I'm back. Give it twenty six, twenty six, Hey, come on, that work with me, Chat telling to work with me.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm working with y'all. Have spent twelve thousand on these on these tickets right in the front. Now, don't do that. I got your charge. I got got it, Chat, I got you to security so nobody can't nobody bother you.
Speaker 2: It's just not a good look for me right now. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's a good look.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Oh yoe. At a matter of fact, the first the first big function. I want people to see me. I don't want to be coming out of church. Maybe I go to the part of the house in dollars. Maybe I come out of a now j hey, mabe, I need to see Chad. Y'all need to see me come out of the church, you know what, going to church?
Speaker 3: Hey, want one thing about it. We ain't going that route. We ain't going that route. Were not going that route acting like you know we we reverend, reverend, our shop and and all that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I gotta be. That's what they gotta do, y'ah.
Speaker 3: No, No, we gotta turn up. We gotta stay we gotta stay true to ourself.
Speaker 5: But nah, nah nah, I can't see that with you. I gotta change, stay change, Stay with me.
Speaker 2: I'm changing my life. Chat, I'm changing. I'm new.
Speaker 3: Stay with me real quick. It's okay to be new, But don't forget where you came from. We come from times like that and that sometimes you got to revisit when you're coming.
Speaker 2: I gotta go back to church. Oh your I lost my way. I lost my way. I gotta go back to church, chack. I know y'all understand. I know y'all listen to y'all want you know, do something, do something? But that but that I had to put him up. I had to put him on the shelf.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, hey, that unk you trying to put on the shelf is what made us who we are. I know oo, But we can't lose that to reinvent myself. If we lose that dynamic, then that doesn't make us who we are. We can't lose that aspect of what makes us us. So you can't go to Kirk Franklin rot that ain't nobody want to hear that.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Oh yo, hey don't be surprised, will y'all see me in the airport.
Speaker 1: I'm carrying a Bible.
Speaker 2: Just say it.
Speaker 5: I'm just said, that's that's where I'm mad. On Joe, I'm just saying, that's where I'm mad. I'm caring a Bible. Oh Joe, I'm listen.
Speaker 3: I'm off. I'm off for change.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, I told you when to come pick me up. Jordan be going to church. I told Jordan swing by and scoop yu Cup. Hey, I'm saying I'm telling you that that ain't it. That ain't it.
Speaker 3: Listen. I'm with you when you're right. But there's certain things you have to still remain yourself. You can, you can bat y'all.
Speaker 2: God forgave you.
Speaker 3: Are ready, God forgive you. Whatever's for you is for you. You didn't got to do all that extra stuff.
Speaker 2: I just need to care the Bible, just just for a little while.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what you hit the Bible. You got the Old Testament, New Testament.
Speaker 2: I got the Bible King Jane version.
Speaker 3: Okay, le new tell you what. Bring your king?
Speaker 1: Bibles have both.
Speaker 2: Testaments got you? Listen, I ain't never seen the Bible with this one testament.
Speaker 3: I got you. Bring your king, Jane Burgin, Bring your King, Jane Virgion Bible, October thirteenth, to the concert and be a young boy. I tell you, I'll tell you that. Listen, I'm gonna give you a scripture. One Did I go?
Speaker 1: One? Did I go? Off?
Speaker 3: Of Philippians Philippians two, verse twenty seven. For thou hast not try to live perfect? Thou shelt backslider at some point in life. But you must stay authentic to thyself, because no man is perfect.
Speaker 1: Why I see October.
Speaker 2: Thirteenth, See, I got you, See I got the thing. I'm coming, both gracious and holy, Heavenly Father. I come to THEE in the most humble way I know how.
Speaker 5: Bowed head, humble heart, on bent knee, realizing that you God of God, Lord of Lord's Kings of Kings. Oh yo, I'm done. Don't you your boy out, your boy out. I already got the Stacey Adams.
Speaker 3: I died on one knee.
Speaker 2: Already told him. I said, Lord, Well my time is up here.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, where you hell?
Speaker 2: And my face becomes a looking glass. Just give me a place somewhere in your kingdom. Now, why I'm bad on you. I've done your boy out, Chap, I'm out. I ain't fooling with you. As we mentioned earlier, Darren tyrig Hill has a dislocated knee multipatorimly including its ACL, ending his season four games into the season. Tyreek's agent, Drew Rosenhause stated, tyreek surgery went very well. According to his doctors. It's about rehalb. He will play next season. The realistic goal is the start of the season, Ojo. Tyreek is thirty one years of age. He has a big contract. Because the contract, the cap hit is over fifty plus million dollars and most teams will not want to eat that. Can he rebuild his market value as an relaite elite receiver after this injury.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, And even if he doesn't rebuild his market value and gets the opportunity to play somewhere again, he will soon, even if it's not with Miami. I'm not sure where he will go, but where he does go, he will remind everybody why he wants what. He was one of the top five receivers in the NFL right now. Obviously he wasn't on the subjectory of doing that because they weren't playing well as a whole as an offensive general. But when he does come back, listen the speed is still going to be there. Some of the stuff that he's able to do is still going to be there. It was dislocated kneecap. No, no, no, no extremities, no hamstring, no quads. So the speed and all that stuff, I say three to four months. I actually think where what are we in October? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: October, November, December. If football season, if they were to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: By the first year, Oh, Joe, he should be running a straight line. Oh he might. I mean in two months, he should be able to run in the straight line.
Speaker 3: That's what I would just getting to say that if if it would come December, he would be able to come back and play if you wanted to. He would be able to come back and play if you wanted to. So he gonna be gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Look, Brandon, I you had to tour his and he still isn't back yet.
Speaker 3: He's still still that's different. He tours a cl completely. This is just a dislocated kneecap, would have few ligaments.
Speaker 2: No, he' chwards a cl.
Speaker 3: No, not fully.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what that's what that's what being reported.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me, let me, let me text you real quick. Now all this business.
Speaker 2: Look, all I know is uh, I'm calling A. I'm calling Adrian Peterson. I'm gonna say, AP, I want to know everything that you did, how long you did it, how often you did it? Oh yeah, Uh, if you were in a hyperbaric chamber, I'm getting I'm getting a portable hyperbaric chamber. If you did infrared simer, I'm doing infrared soma. I'm doing whatever you did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Push me to capacity because the quickest thing I want to do, oh Joe, is get range of motion back. That's the first thing I want to get. I want to get that back. Once I get that range of motion back, I'm thinking about building that quad if I got to get that strength. So I'm a bit of steel machine because I want the muscles firing use.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's a take you a couple of uh, some ask for some tailand all so that pain because they gonna they're gonna push you. The thing is with athletes, So Joe, if you're a normal person, you get to go to rehab twice a week. An athlete, they go to rehab twice a day, five days a week.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: And plus they got youth on their side. They got muscle, musculature on their side, and they got the best that money can buy as.
Speaker 3: Far as and doctors.
Speaker 2: So he could go anywhere, anywhere and have that surgery. He could have went to doctor Neil Latrage, or you could have walked went to the curling job. That's what did my hips or you know, Stemming the Hawkins or James Andrews, whatever.
Speaker 1: The case may be.
Speaker 2: But I I I hope Tyreek gets another opportunity.
Speaker 1: I want him.
Speaker 2: I want him. Look, oh, Joe, he got speed to burn. So let's just say, for the sake of argument, Joe, he ain't four two no more, he's four three. Wow, I'm so disappointed. The man can only run four three?
Speaker 3: Right, right?
Speaker 1: That should that should be a luxury for us to have.
Speaker 3: Oyo, Yeah, he gonna be all right. He a't gonna get the opportunity. I'm excited to see where he goes. If it's not back to Miami, I'm sure it'll be somewhere else. There are so many teams that can use the threat, a dynamic threat at that, like Tyreek Hill. And he's gonna show once he's back, once he's back here and he's going to make videos running full speed. Yep, He's gonna look like he never left the game.
Speaker 2: The thing is the heartes the thing. The thing that he gotta do Ojoe is stopped planting cut Yeah, because that's everything for a receiver. He's gonna be able to run in a straight line and probably two and a half three months, But it's when he gets that.
Speaker 1: Would he be able to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and speak when he got a like we talked about the other day, ten roll to twelve, Yeah, would you hit that dig when you hit that comeback because he's twitchy.
Speaker 3: And then and then being able to do him with confidence too, having to worry about that knee, just to.
Speaker 2: Know that you know what that thing is stronging that it is strong enough, it is sustainedard because you gotta realize, now, that's just not a northern normal receiver. That's the guy that's running and stopping and getting in and out of break tyreek. Don't do a whole lot of throwing that blink on the diagnose it. He's stopping on the dime ye. So that's a lot of torque.
Speaker 1: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: I was four five, four to six running a comeback running out. That's four two four three. So that's a Ferrari getting up to one hundred miles an hour and stand slamming on the brakes as opposed to a pickup truck going fifty and slamming on brakes. Yeah, Mike's called Brian. Dave Balls reaction to Jackson Dark's first NFL touchdown. Dave Balls scream, that's our effing guy as he nearly ran into running back the Devin singletary. That's a man who stoked about his new signal called Ojoe Ojo. Yeah, what'd you think it? He said, that's our effing guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, it is their guy. It's the guy they penned. It's the quarterback that they drafted. They just waited on this opportunity to play. It came earlier. It came earlier than most thought it would. And he looked good. Huh, he looked good. You didn't know what to get from Jackson Dark. We know, we know what he could do because he saw in the preseason. He looked good in the preseason.
Speaker 2: But ye good.
Speaker 3: That's not the kind of defenses, that's not the kind of schemes. Those aren't the players you're gonna see in the regular season, and Jackson Dart said, hold my beard, let me show you, whether it's the preseason or not, what I can do. Multiple great throws, yes, plays, using his legs on third down to get first downs. He looked really good.
Speaker 2: The thing that tells me, well, I knew he was their guy because they drafted him and they seem it. But everybody, look, I don't take anything from a draft room because everybody's always that's the guy we wanted. We didn't think he was gonna be there. Okay, fine, but oh yoe. He named the guy quarterback for the rest of the season. He loved. He removed all doubt. Yeah, because he's like, okay, he could have easily said we're gonna start Jackson Dark. He said, we're starting Jackson Dark for the remainder. Remainder of the season. Now is what they did with Dylan Gabriel that said Dalan as our starter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're leaving the doorphin. And we took about two different scenarios to two different teams, two teams that have two different type of expectations for their season as well. One coaches on the hot seat and understands, yes, if I'm going down, I'm gonna go down with the players that I wanted.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a look, that's their guy. They wanted him, and he played really well.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, the one thing you can say about Laane Kiffy he can coach his ass off offense and he can coach the quarterbacks. So him in start with co coordinators. I think there was the USC when they was at the height Carson, Pobram, Att, Lioner, so Forth and Song.
Speaker 1: So we know they can coach that position. We know he is a great. Oh Joe, I'm in my crib man living a good life. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm over here looking good.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 5: Well you know what, y'all know who it is, but I give an introduction anyway. That's my dog, Quake.
Speaker 1: What do you do man?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm living on I got a special all called Joke Telling Business. It's in the top ten and twenty four hour release. I got the TV show that's gonna be on Fox. And I just got married and you didn't show up. You supposed to be my man. You ain't come to the web all the things for you, I said, Shannon, gotta come.
Speaker 1: Quake. You know, Quate, you know I've been. You know, I've been.
Speaker 2: I had a rough twenty five so far. Quake, you know, you know? Hell with them?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: You all right?
Speaker 2: You Shenning shop man.
Speaker 1: You walk with your head up and I support you like I text you.
Speaker 2: You all you did you?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: You well, you were one of the first ones.
Speaker 3: You see you see what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh you're no no no no.
Speaker 2: Me and this dude, me and this man here we got we got decade plus wait I used to do when he's at the uptire Comedy corn. We used to be in Atlanta coming, I come, I come see it.
Speaker 5: Hey, nobody judge you, but god man, I appreciate that many earthquake.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got me and uncle. I got me and younk tickets to go see NBA young boy in October thirteenth, and he's scared to go, talk about he wanted to go to church instead. But he can do that too.
Speaker 2: Take the Lord with him, Take the Lord with them, man, take the Lord with him?
Speaker 3: And you know his heart?
Speaker 2: Why why are we all a fool over here tonight? The Lord your heart? Quake? Let me ask you this when you get ready. When Netflix call and they say, okay, quake, we like to do a special X, Y and Z. How long did it take you to put this set together?
Speaker 5: It was already ready. I'm like, oh Joe, I'm ready, man, are you ready? I keep jokes. That's why it's called joke telling business. I'm into just telling business. You told me the story. Tell o, Joe, why you went by the name of earthquake?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: Because hey, oh Joe, this was just this wasn't no piphany. I just tried this one time.
Speaker 5: And you know, I got them in the military for nine years, and you know, I got a family that's so critical.
Speaker 2: So I ain't want to mess up my good name. So if it isn't.
Speaker 5: Because my family say, you know, he got out the military and went to Atlanta trying to be rich and pride, he must say on that thang.
Speaker 2: So I said, if it didn't work.
Speaker 5: Out, somebody say, hey, earthquake, I said, I ain't ain't earthquake, and I'm naming a thank view.
Speaker 2: I don't even know no earthquake. But it worked out.
Speaker 1: That's what you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, I ain't gonna mess up a good name.
Speaker 1: Quake.
Speaker 2: When you went as a comedian and you say you're in the joke telling business. And you know you one of the first ones because you like when I started Club Shay Shy, you one of the first ones I reached out. You say, bro, whatever you need, I'm there right then. How often do you tour? How often? How many dates out there? Three sixty five? How many tour dates a year? Are you on the road?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: It's fifty two weeks and I do about forty six many.
Speaker 2: Heiny, man, you gotta pay for this hill.
Speaker 1: This hill ain't freed.
Speaker 3: This hill.
Speaker 2: You got that.
Speaker 5: You got that big house now, Yes, got that wife I got I gotta go out and get it. She feeds me and kicked me out the door and say, go get it, go make go make this money.
Speaker 3: Hey create, what what you think you know I'm thinking about doing. I'm thinking about doing stand up.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm bringing you on. You can always work with me. We'll start with two minutes and work you all the way up. No but qu but quack.
Speaker 2: You know we talked about it. You like, hey man, you can really do this. I'm thinking nobody quate, Come on out. It's it's therapeutic.
Speaker 5: You're read. You know what I'm saying because I got these jokes now you know, I keep it. I keep I got a thousand jokes on me.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 5: You got something, you got someone liners you'll give You'll give half of the comedians that's out here now run for their money.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got some good ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you you gotta you you got a plethorom? How white you?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I'm gonna give you a small example right here, wat I says, Hey, do me a favor.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, repeat after me. Okay, blue blue, the cat is red, cat is red?
Speaker 3: What color is grass?
Speaker 1: What color is grass?
Speaker 3: That's going? That's going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you thought I was gonna.
Speaker 2: You, now you you got you need a little help on that old you other.
Speaker 3: I lost that one.
Speaker 5: People brew you by the time you got to that green one. You understand it took too long. You gotta get in there. You gotta be like your boxing. You gotta put them hands on them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna hey, I'm gonna work on I'm gonna work on a material my delivery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you gotta work on. You'd be good after that, all right, So so quick when they came to you, you had already this set that you did for Netflix. You had already had it ready waiting for someone like maybe it was gonna be Netflix or whomever, Amazon, whatever the case may be. So you had this already lined up.
Speaker 5: Well, see when you're torn comedian sessions myself, every year, you gotta come up with a new set. We're not like apples and singers. We can't tell the same joke that was a hit. So I'm all ready in it, you know what I mean. So when it's ready, they get the call, I say, this is the jokes that's for sale right now, and I sell them to him and keep on going with it.
Speaker 2: And that's what happens.
Speaker 5: So now I'm gonna be in Houston this weekend and I'm gonna start all over again, start all over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Quake.
Speaker 2: You know what in this age you when you first started Quake, you could tell a joke down there for a whole year because you was in Houston. You go to Dallas and you go to that Landa and you go to Miami and you go to this place, that place. There was really no way to commute. Man, man, Quake told this joke. Now you tell one joke, you got damnit. They gotta get a whole sat When you go in Houston. You move to Dallas, you gotta damn me get a whole sat cause everybody in the post you it's your line. Yeah, that's why you gotta keep them cameras up the comedy clubs. Oh you know what I'm saying. That's why you gotta do like Dave Shapel, put them in their little bags.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, you gotta put him in there and keep him that way. But I don't worry about that man, just the same way I don't worry about nobody.
Speaker 2: Stealing my jokes.
Speaker 5: You might can take the jokes, but you can't take the creator, because it's who told them that makes it everything.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 5: And I'm like McDonald's, I'm over a bigger joke told, I'm gonna create another one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep on giving the tie.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I got another one.
Speaker 2: I got another one.
Speaker 3: I got another one? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: You ready?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: What do you call a singer with a laptop on her head?
Speaker 2: What do you call a singer with a laptop on his head?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Adil's something wrong with your boy?
Speaker 2: Man? Go get them tested, Go get them today? Else, boy, how long are you gonna stay in the joke telling business. Are you gonna do this thing? I'm gonna as long as they laughing, as long as I can keep people laughing, I'm gonna tell you I might be sixty five, I might be setting now.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no time living on it.
Speaker 5: The great thing about being a comedian you can do it to the Lord tempts you on the show to say you need to see you in the office.
Speaker 1: You can sit on.
Speaker 5: You can roll us up and put us in a chair and just tell him jokes from the chair, put.
Speaker 2: A microphone in the face.
Speaker 5: So as long as I'm coming and my mind is good, I'm gonna tell him to God tell me to go. Because I love it. I love making people laugh, and I'm great at it, humbly feeling or putting them together. And it's a high like nothing else. And then again, it's therapeutic instill gone talking to a therapist therapist and giving him a hundred or two hundred dollars an hour. I stand on stage and collect two hundred, three hundred dollars an hour, share my pain, baby, and it's a beautiful.
Speaker 2: So comedian ever comedian, you job is to take an event that's happened to you or something you know a true and make it funny. Is that your definition of comedy.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's taking your experiences and making them relatable with everybody else and make it funny. Laugh at my pain, laugh at my experience, and the whole time. That's why you see the great ones. And you also see when comedians get to a certain level financially successfully, they stop telling jokes because their experience is not relatable to the people that they're telling the jokes too.
Speaker 2: If you know what I mean, Yeah, you have to tap out because you know, I tell my wife this all the time.
Speaker 5: I said, you know, shepherd should always spell like the sheep when you're charging the sheep.
Speaker 2: Wow. I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: You know you don't feel you, You don't feel you cat, you cast that chip in that you feel you still on that that relatable level that you could tell a joke because you still find you flying commercial.
Speaker 2: You still you know, Hey, I got nice things now. Don't get me wrong, but hey, but.
Speaker 5: I take one day out and go shop at Marshalls, I go to Tarjay, I go to the bowling Alley, I hang with friends.
Speaker 2: Most of my friends are not in the economical situation that I am, so I hang in their.
Speaker 5: Lives and I go on and I be a part of that because they're my constituents who I have to sit to. They don't want to hear about this part of it and this how well I'm doing them. So I make myself relatable by putting myself with people that's going through things that I'm gonna be talking to, so I can just sit there and diagnose what they're going through and live by carriage through them and then take it on stage that way.
Speaker 1: Man, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Man, tell them the name of the con I'm gonna watch it, you know what matter up there and watch it right there, watch it right now when I get done, because I ain't got nothing else to do. So please watch itat to what you.
Speaker 5: Think about it is cold and the reason why I call it joke telling business.
Speaker 2: Comedians need to get that to the job description and be funny.
Speaker 5: I don't care what they doing, but if they are on any platform, on anything is stick.
Speaker 1: With the job description.
Speaker 5: And if you're gonna sit here and carry the banner of being a comedian, you gotta be funny.
Speaker 1: But but see Quake. You grew up.
Speaker 2: You grew up in a time that you told jokes there would look they were Obviously Flip Wilson had a lot of skits, I mean the Flip Wilson show when he was doing doing Geraldine.
Speaker 1: There's something.
Speaker 5: And now these guys now Quake, they hear the lick, they get on the internet, they tell a few jokes, they do a few skits.
Speaker 2: They done made it. They gonna get up out of there. But it's not it's short money, but it's long for now, but it ain't lasting money.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, if you want to allow them three decades in here, going on my fourth, if you want longevity, you can't skip the processing. That's the same thing you could tell anybody in your profession. Hey man, you got to practice, like you said. The coach always said, I would not accept nothing and a long I want to see anything at the loss.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. Yeah, and that's the same thing you You you have to pay. I don't whatever way gets you to our JOHNA.
Speaker 5: In our profession, I have no problem with if it's the internet show skits, but you still gotta hit that stage and sit down here and come with funny jokes to be called yourself a comedian, and then if you don't want to do that, then take the title off of it. Because I respect my art I'm just trying to see the protection of my art form. And I'm in the joke telling business, and I sling these jokes so and I expect everybody else to sling.
Speaker 2: The jokes man, Quake Man, thank you for the time, y'all. Make sure y'all go check out a special on Netflix. What is it called joke telling? You in the joke telling business, I'm in the joke telling the business.
Speaker 5: Joe telling number seven right now and climbing in twenty four hours out.
Speaker 2: Man, that's my homeboy, that's my very good friend. Earthquake, earthquake stankfully. Hey, what's your commander is going? What your command is gonna do?
Speaker 1: On Sunday? Man?
Speaker 2: To get this win man, we went down to your hometown and lay ahead, you did.
Speaker 5: I think we're coming out to west and gonna get these charges because they very vulnerable Onuson ain't.
Speaker 2: Got him, so the giants got him, so that means that you can get them.
Speaker 5: So I hope we get them. And baby Jesus coming back JD five. So, but see what happened when they hold out, man, they get hurt. You know what I mean, turny hand out soft tissue. I told him go hang out with Ocho and stay in shape, so when he did get his money, we wouldn't have no ham streaming pool Yell.
Speaker 2: That's how it know what happens. There you go, that's the great comic. Good friend of good friend of the show, very good friend of mine. Earthquake, earthquake, Congratulations on everything, Congratulations on the marriage. I'm gonna hit you up because I need you to do him a favor. I got you bet anything you need. Oh, y'all, I love you, man, and I can still.
Speaker 1: I'll run you o Choe Earthquake.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all go check out his his comedy special to on Netflix and the joke telling business Man. Look here, I've been knowing that brother decade plus. Great great, I couldn't tell y'all me once upon a time. I couldn't tell y'all what he did for me. Did a real solid for his boy. But we're gonna let that go. Wiggle wiggle. We ain't gonna tell that. We're gonna tell that story quake without you and the Lord.
Speaker 5: All right, o Joe, we're gonna get back to our final segment of the evening.
Speaker 2: It's time for Q and eight. Uh, Jason said, Oh Joe says he got jokes. I got one too. The Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, let's see. People love the kick. People love to kick a team when they down. They love to kick a team when we down. The only reason things are how they are right now and because Joe Burrow's hurt. Let's not get beside ourselves.
Speaker 2: Zeldor said, we need to start a go fund me to get o Cho a T shirt with the Browns and the Bengals logos, including words Toilet Bowl champions because they are only the nine Bowl o Cho Bingles will ever win. Damn Ojo Okay, I see we got jokes. Okay, Dylan Billa Bedaz with a great tight end play.
Speaker 1: I need to talk.
Speaker 2: Someone's always bring up, but I need to ask Unk and my tripping on how good algeron Alja Crumpler?
Speaker 5: Uh? Was?
Speaker 1: Trump was good? He played?
Speaker 2: Don't believe he's with Vic?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Crump went to like four or five Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Crumb was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a man his size.
Speaker 1: He wasn't supposed to be able to move like that, Ojo.
Speaker 3: He was a big boy boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, what was the court? What was the receiver of Blavor Crumb for eighty three? He ah right?
Speaker 2: You were white though a white?
Speaker 5: Yes, a Roddy white, right, Roddy White and Roddy White peerless price Hiller's price. Yeah, the Long Gun Love Nightcap ain't much fun, but I got five on it for y'all.
Speaker 1: Keep pushing brothers.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro, thank you appreciate the support, sir, underscore cads, my guys, Oh Joe. If the Bengals missed the playoffs this year, Zach Taylor gone and is Lamar Robinson unk and old shoe. If I could have one, If if you could have one meal your grandma made for you, what would it be for me? It would be my grandmother's grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: Listen for me, it be my grandfather and it's way back in the nineties. I don't know how he did it. Remember that evaporated milk can with the cow on the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Bordon's.
Speaker 3: He used to make me cream and wheat.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we did that.
Speaker 3: Creamy wheat was so good. Oh my god, But I do I do anything? Obviously it's impossible now, but just to have that creamy with again. As a little kid, I used to beg.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: It probably be stewed chicken and rice.
Speaker 5: Or squirreling rice, fried squirrel, fried squirrel, but stewed chicken.
Speaker 1: Man, I love man.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I need to find out what he got some stool chicken who do stewed chicken in Vegas? We can do it.
Speaker 3: We can go catch the squirrel. We can record that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You heard me, I got a sling shot yo.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I could go for him, good old mess of squirreling rice fried, Lord have mercy. Lamar Robins said, okay, that was what we read that one. James Lee said, how common is using stick them on your gloves during your playing time? Jered Rice said everyone would use it. Have you guys ever used it? Yes, everyone was using it. Guys used to defensive lineman. An offensive lineman used to use silicon on the jerseys. That's why you that's why you see the referees. They always picked the linemen and they pat him down.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't want you to be able to grip and grab a hold of my jersey. So I was spread with silicon. So guess what you couldn't do grab my jersey and guys offensive lineman would sprayed stick them on their hands because when they grabbed the jersey they wanted to be able to hold you. Yes, it was very common. Now they cut the spray. Now we didn't have the stick them like Lester Hayes had that had to You know, Lester had it all over and you know he had it all on his socks, he had it all on his forearm, He had it everywhere and he touched the ball. That ball was done for the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was done.
Speaker 2: He was done for the rest of the game. But Joe, but you go back and find pictures of Lester and you see on his socks, you see all on his hands. He had that base stance. Yeah, but it was it was very common. Zay two X sent hey uncan o Joe. My dad's birthday was last week on September twenty second. Could you give us a wish and give us and wish him happy birthday? Could rank the best wide receiver duels? I think my Cowboys are number one. Yes we could. Happy birthday. You didn't give us his name. That would really help if you gave us his name. But his birthday was last week, a couple of weeks ago, September twenty second, So happy belated birthday. Thank you Zay for watching us and tuning in. We really really appreciate that The Great ranked the best wide receiver duos. Yeah, I think you guys are up there. I think you gotta put aj and Davante, even though their numbers currently don't say so. I think you gotta put Alma Ross, Saint Brown and Jay Mo. I think they're up there. I think Pooka and Davante they're up there. Obviously, CD and and and Pickens are there. Chase and t Higgins uh Man, Saint Brown got like six touchdowns already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they editioned that boy, that ball boy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you had to take one duo right now, you're taking Chasing.
Speaker 3: Higgins absolutely, I mean even even with I know Joe Burrows hurt, but I'm taking them in right a right after them, The next du I would probably take, if it wasn't Chasing Tea, it would probably be Jmo and Saint Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For me, I would probably say, uh yeah, I can't take I can't take a tea of what you call them, not with that quarterback. Not with that quarterback. I probably would pay. I probably would take arm and Rod say for me, it would be between Armen Rod and Jamo and Pooka and Devonte.
Speaker 3: All Right, that's a good that's a good one.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna Matthew stafford O, Joe he dealing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're gonna throw Pool and Davanta in there, I'm gonna throw Jesson, Jefferson and Addison in there too.
Speaker 2: Good point, good, great, great, great point. Yeah, we sorlid. Peggy Hager said Gooddell is mad at Prime for not taking his nephew to Colorado. They took it out on your door. I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Roger Goodell has a nephew.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know he has twin daughters. Met his wife when I did the thing for a Netflix a couple of years ago. But I don't know anything about that. So, Beggy, that's what you said. Jason Zeldorf said after Monday night game, I was wondering if unk was gonna have to call the cops to do a wellness check on o Joe. Yeah, we put paint man. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Ojo.
Speaker 2: Jamal the singer said, I know oo he fell asleep, fell asleep under the sea, but if.
Speaker 5: He keep it a buck uh, it was stop eating all that, Ojo. I don't know what you gotta say it, booty bag ahead. We were excited to have de wall. Can you ask him if he thought those black uniforms were dope? You like those dolphin uniform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 3: It's different, especially I like the.
Speaker 2: Old I like the old school, the teals, the till.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the teal is nice with the white pants, Yep, that's nice. I think the black was something different. Little you know, a little change on hurt.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Doctor Frank L. Bellaman said, okay, fam, it's time for some humor. Who you got Leslie Nielson and naked gun or Jim Carritt and pet Detective. Oh that's a good one, Leslie Nielson.
Speaker 1: I'm going with.
Speaker 3: Leslie Nelson to that joke was funny, boy, Many, that was funny.
Speaker 1: King of the one liners.
Speaker 3: Hey, I think the chap might not know about the naked gun.
Speaker 2: Though, mad, please naked gun. Hey, they better stop playing.
Speaker 3: Hey, but that was funny boy. And then the one they had, the.
Speaker 1: One with oj in it. Yeah he was in all of them, he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't know he was in the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jared Y.
Speaker 2: Said Unkno, Joe, my mad. Jaden Blackwell did it again. He broke the world record in the four hundred meters of the World Championship for the US Paralympic Track team. Ain't he run the hundred? Ain't he run the four hundred?
Speaker 1: Jade?
Speaker 3: Congratulations, bro, gratulations.
Speaker 2: Hey, we are very very proud of you. Were happy for you. Congratulations again another gold medal. Hey, we can't say congratulations and thank you enough, but continue to keep up the great work. And y'all see this Paralympic gold medal. I guess the world. That means you could do anything. There are no excuses. One would hear I can't or this or that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I love to see. I love because I normally watch it, Oh Joe, to see these men and women. I see, you know, people swimming with one arm, no arms, man, and you and somebody complain. Man, I ain't trying to hear nothing. You saying nothing. Don't even talk to me about that, because after I see these people out there with w apputees and and and they got the guide sometime running with them they blind No, Joe got a blind folk and they got the guy.
Speaker 1: Run.
Speaker 2: Hey, some of the people be damned to be out running to damn the guide.
Speaker 1: Daling.
Speaker 2: Keper Norwood Jr. Said, Oh, your broncos photo is my wallpaper. It's because you inspire me, Kemper, thank you very much. I know who wallpaper doesn't inspire you?
Speaker 1: My bad?
Speaker 2: That slip o't Joe my bad. I ain't want to say that. I ain't mean to say that.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. Long as you long as you go go to that concert with me, you're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite, ok, Shanna Sharp. That is my partner and co host, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree Pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad o Yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth for help making Nightcap what has become.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock, but if you can't find it in a city or stay near you or to don't line shipping directly to your door. Best tasting premium bsup kgnac on the market, the best tasting premium bsop kangnac on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed and you will believe me saying you know what up you got something on your hands.
Speaker 1: We believe we do.
Speaker 2: Make sure you check out my media company, SHAYSH Media on all of its platforms, and by clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We want to thank all of our guests that joined us tonight. Darren Waller, tight end Miami Dolphins, Ernest Jones, the fourth Seattle Seahawks outstanding linebacker and good friend of the show, the comedian Earthquake. Make sure you check out a special I'm in a joke telling business. Thank you guys for joining us for nightcap. We'll see you tomorrow After the game. I'm unk, he's o cho. See you tomorrow