Speaker 1: Welcome to the Best of the Week for What's Right with Nick Right the best takes and moments from this week on the show. Enjoy. The Eagles blew it against Dallas. There's no other way to put it, and the Eagles. Here is my takeaway. Honestly from that Eagles game. AJ Brown is not wrong. There is something wrong with Phillies offense. Philly's offense this year has.
Speaker 2: Eight halves. They've played twenty four.
Speaker 1: Obviously, No, actually that's not obvious, and I think it's wrong because they've already had a buy so they've played twenty two in eight of their twenty two halves, so more than a third they have scored seven or fewer points. They have three scoreless has of football. Only the Titans are worse, and.
Speaker 2: There are They do not.
Speaker 1: Have Saquon to save them this year. I know he's on the team, he ain't saving them. And this was the most predictable year over year decline imaginable. Literally every running back save one in NFL history that has had Saquan's type of workload last year saw a significant drop the following year. A lot of guys that their production dropped by half. That's what we're staring at with Saquon, and while the passing game at times looks dynamic, they just can't string together a whole game. And right or wrong, Sirianni consistently shows us with his decision making that for some reason or another he does not fully trust Jalen. And the end of the half was bizarre. You have eighteen seconds, you have the ball in the thirty.
Speaker 2: And in today's NFL.
Speaker 1: You're twenty five yards away from field goal range. We know you think Jake Elliott's got a big leg because later in the game you was shoot a fourth and five attempt to kick a field goal. And Sirianni's explanation after the game was, well, the Cowboys kicker is such a big leg, we don't want to leave them time.
Speaker 2: There was eighteen seconds.
Speaker 1: There was no scenario at all except for a turnover where the Cowboys were gonna touch the ball, much less kick a field goal. Even if you just threw four consecutive incomplete passes, that takes eighteen seconds like so that didn't make sense. And Philly is obviously in good shape because of the division they're in, so they're going to be a good seed. They're going to be a division champion. They still have three games left against the Commanders and Raiders. They're going to finish with a gaudy record. I'm not worried, honestly about any of those those things, but the flashing siren that's been what is up with this offense continues to go off. And now getting Lane Johnson back, if you get him back in a month or so, that should help.
Speaker 2: But he's only been gone one game.
Speaker 1: And if I'm Philly, here's the other thing that I hate about this loss. My path to the one seed is now so much trickier. In fact, I'm gonna look the wild has got me going to this as my go to But and I've always kind of actually liked this, but I used to use Football Outsiders or Aaron Schatz's But the New York Times Playoff Predictor they have the Eagles at twenty six percent for the one seed, the Rams up to fifty. That's a big deal. The extra playoff game, plus not having the huge edge of potentially a warm weather contender having to come to your building. And right now, the you know, projected playoff field of the Eagles being the two seed and hosting either the Lions or the Niners. I would love either of those spots if I were Philly. And by the way, speaking of the Niners, just real quick, I have never been proven more right more times than every time the Niners trot out either Mac Jones or Brock Purty or all of last season. For what was once such a controversy, Marshall hot button take that Brock Party is not a force multiplayer and is a Kyle Shanahan Niners amazing skill position player creation. The last year seeing him without those great players, this year, seeing Mac Jones outplay him, and then last night seeing him throw three picks. It's just every single time, and I know the arguments I've won because they start becoming less and less prominent on.
Speaker 2: The TV show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, the cost of being the annoying guy is when you just smoke, you're too much more likable co hosts in a multi year argument, you just have to you have to take the win, but take the win graciously, which I'm not always great at. So Philly, I I don't know. And here's the other piece. It can't all be on the offensive coordinator in Philly. I'm not saying Patullo is doing a great job. But if he's doing that bad of a job, then Sirianni takeover. But you have an offensive minded head coach, you have a quarterback that carries himself like Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Figure it out.
Speaker 1: You have too much talent on that offense. That's an awful loss. And Dallas, on the other hand, I right now the quinnin Williams trade is aging grat He's been excellent. I was not a fan of that trade. I still am not a fan of that trade, but right now it is looking really good. But the story for Dallas is Dak's been the second best quarterback in the NFL this year. It's been Stafford one, Dak two. And it is as simple as that. He's been that good. And he has a legitimate second team All Pro case. And in that game Sunday, he became the Cowboys all time leading passer, which sounds about right. Today's show is brought to you by representing sponsor hard Rock Bet. Three things to be extra thankful this week, family, food, and football. Thanks to hard Rock Bet, you can easily sneak in some bets while your crazy uncle goes on his annual rant about what it was like when he was a kid. Sign up today you could feast with one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: Just plays a five dollars bet.
Speaker 1: If it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also one hundred fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. That's an offer you can't pass up, even when you're in a Turkey coma. Not sure what to place your first bet on, head over to the hard Rock Bets Stats hub and it'll help you out. It's loaded with trend Street and stats help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie and neither does the data in their plus. This week on hard rock Bet you get three fifty percent boosts, one for each Thanksgiving Day game. You know I'll be locked in on Kansas City, so boost your same game parlay or SGP max so your bets pay extra winnings. New promos every day. So if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what they've got. Any day of the week, download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. Shure Sanders got the win and was named, at least for the time being, the starter. I thought it was noteworthy that they said Gabriel is cleared concussion protocol, but Shador is still the starter. That is obviously the right call, and I don't. I find so much of the Shadore commentary to be disingenuous and idiotic that.
Speaker 2: I try not.
Speaker 1: To swim in those waters, even though, man, oh man, if you are trying, if you are basing, your Chador takes off what gets engagement. It's it's a very hard flame to avoid. So if you just I mean, this is anecdotal, obviously, but yesterday's uh First Thing's first clips on Twitter, if I'm just looking at it by retweets or comments, see and I'm not going to say what the topics were, but just see if you can guess which one was the short or topic. Number of retweets in comments total on the First Thing's first clips from yesterday's show clip one one hundred and ninety nine, Clip two twenty six, Clip three forty four, Clip four forty nine, Clip five thirty six, Clip seven eighty five, Clip nine thirty three, Clip twelve or clip ten, sorry thirty two, Clip eleven one thousand, one hundred and fifty eight, Clip twelve, sixty five, Clip thirteen thirty seven, Clip fourteen one hundred and seventy two. One of those stick out to you guys, gets the people going. And so I also think part of that the reason that that commentary has gotten so snake eating its tail ish is there are a lot of folks who they're only outlet is their social media feed, and so all they have to go on is reaction to things they put out on social media. And so because of that they They're like, well, this is what people want and is what people have strong opinions on. The Chador thing. To me is very very simple, and I will do it as efficiently as possible. Shardoor the player compared to Gabriel, and why shoudor should be the starter. There is absolutely no chance, none, that Dylan Gabriel is ever an above average NFL starter. It would be delightful if Dylan proves me wrong. If you know Dylan Gabriel's friends or family see this clip. He uses it for motivation, grows a few inches and gets a lot better, and then you can be like, Nick, you idiot, that's fine. I think it's zero percent that he's ever an above average NFL starter, and I think it's close to zero percent that he's ever even just a full time starter. It doesn't mean that's a bad draft pick. If he can just be a competent backup, stop gap quarterback, that's worth a third round pick. So that's Gabriel. Schador has just enough traits and just enough collegiate pedigree and just enough Oh wow, look at that play that I give him a five percent chance five percent one in twenty of being a plus starter and a ten to fifteen percent chance of being a full time starter for somebody.
Speaker 2: The Browns are otherwise.
Speaker 1: That and that alone is enough to say, all right, let's use these last half dozen games to see what Shador has before we make massive decisions this offseason with our multiple first round picks. So in that regard, I greatly prefer Shador to Gabriel for the Browns right now with what they're trying to do. That's take one, Take two. What did I think of Shador's game?
Speaker 2: I thought it was fine.
Speaker 1: He had one really nice chunk play over the middle, another potentially really nice chunk play to Jerry Judy. That was a really nice chunk play until Judy started celebrating early and fumbled. He had one grisly interception and then two swing passes, one of which went for a sixty yard touchdown, the other of which damn near got the Raiders back in the game. A bit of a mixed bag, and he was fine, but that being fine was the most important thing. What he couldn't be was awful or in way over his skis, and he wasn't, and so that's positive. And then there is the third point, which is Chador's disposition or personality or comments before and after the game. And I don't think that Chadour means any harm. And I do think he is a very likable guy and from all accounts, a really good guy. And I think he is handled growing up very rich and very famous better than most young people would.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 1: I also think that while I always encourage confidence, particularly in athletes, particularly and guys that want to be starting quarterbacks, some of Shador's comments have butted up against what I believe to be and maybe you'll prove me wrong.
Speaker 2: Delusion. So Shadour really harping.
Speaker 1: On, imagine what it'll look like when I have a full off season, Imagine what it will look like when I have all the practice reps assumes to get a little litigious for a moment. Some facts not in evidence, most notably that at any point in the near or even distant future, but certainly near future, that you're going to be a team's unquestioned starter, which the only way you're getting all the offseason reps, all the practice reps is if you are the unequivocal QB one for a team. And I do not think that Shadoor is on the doorstep of that. And I also think if I had to crystal ball it and say ten years out, is it more likely or than not that there will ever be a season where Shadoor is simply a team's incumbent, un no competition involved starting quarterback. I don't think that's going to happen. Schudor clearly does, and good for him for believing it. I I don't. It's not that I didn't like the comments he made before and after the game because I thought they were air agant. I didn't like the comments he made because I thought he it showed that he hasn't come to grips with where he is in the NFL quarterback hierarchy. So like, unless he just absolutely balls out in a way that would be truly unprecedented for a fifth round rookie and would be top five percentile for any rookie of any round at that position over the final six weeks, he is not going to enter next year as the clearcut starter for any team. And it is going to take a some really special performances over this last six weeks for the Browns to decide we are not spending a first round pick on a quarterback next year and were not trading for Kyler Murray or bringing in you know, this year's version of Daniel Jones, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: I I, while I find Shouldor's biggest detractors to be typically bad people, and I find should Or's biggest supporters to be typically very annoying people.
Speaker 2: I am rooting for.
Speaker 1: Him, but I think, I mean, we'll see all these this next month goes. But I I think that he would serve himself well, if at least internally and psychologically, he reset his own personal expectations to where man, next year, I'm gonna go into camp as the clear cut number two somewhere, and then maybe by year three there I will be able to compete.
Speaker 2: For a starting job somewhere.
Speaker 1: That to me is a far more realistic and achievable path than imagine when I'm getting all the reps as the starter, buddy, I don't know that that's happening ever. And then, of course, the story of the game was the ten sacks from the Browns. I listen, I said that I thought Miles Garrett might break the sack record against the Raiders. In their effort to make sure he didn't, everyone else you know he got gino. He had three. He's gonna break the record, and I he the fact that he's only minus eight point fifty for Defensive Player of the Year surprises me. I think there's I actually think there is value in that because I think he could get hurt next week and still win it. By the way, if you're thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data, good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home. How about that or a home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone Pro and get you set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. So you get the new iPhone, it comes right to you and a tech comes in, get all your stuff transferred to get you set up on the network. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot com. Terms of course do apply. Reminder all lines are from hard Rock Bet and the first one hard Rock BET's helping me out because most shops have Kansas City laying three and a half. Hard Rock has Kansas City laying three. I will jump on Kansas City minus three at Dallas. Over the last twenty years Thanksgiving favorites are fifty one and nine straight up and forty and twenty against the spread. Now, the Chiefs just played an overtime game and they're on the road on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: That's typically a disaster. The counterpoint to that is the.
Speaker 1: Chiefs overtime game ended earlier than the Cowboys game because the Cowboys were in the late window, and the Chiefs overtime game was weird because the Colts barely had the ball. So I am I am not as concerned about that trend as I maybe normally would be. But also it's this, I think the Chiefs, whatever issues they have offensively, I think the Chiefs against bad secondaries still move the ball at will. I think Dallas has a bad secondary. I will take case minus the three Chicago getting seven at Philadelphia. I just do not believe the Eagles deserve to be more than six point favorites against good teams right now because the offense is so herky jerky. Also, the lane Johnson's absence has been a death knell for this team over the last few years. Really, and Ben Johnson after that his hole the tush push is not an explosive play. Jab at Philadelphia that is probably a bigger deal on first things first than other shows. Knows he better have something ready for Philly. I think Chicago could win the game. I like getting the seven points. I'll take Chicago plus seven Tampa minus three against Arizona. Typically, given the Baker injury, I'd stay away here, but Arizona and now am I mad at them for costing me.
Speaker 2: My bet this past week.
Speaker 1: Sure, but Trevor gave them the ball four times, including a pick six, and they still couldn't win. Those were not like great defensive plays by Arizona. Those were Trevor making all plays. I expect Baker to play. Uh Marvin Harrison Junior, we still don't know what's going on with him post appendix removal. Bucky Irving finally returns, Tampa pounds the run Tampa minus three. I think for the second straight week, my favorite bet of.
Speaker 2: The week is Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Cleveland getting six in the snow against the Niners. That defense against Brock Purty, fresh off those interceptions in the snow. I think this is a low scoring, low possession run the ball game and Cleveland. Cleveland's defense is so great that at home and inclement weather, maybe our first snow game of the year. I'll take the six points, and I'll take them happily and then last.
Speaker 2: But not least.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Cleveland's my favorite pick or this one is all lay the points, even.
Speaker 2: Though it bit me. This past weekend again.
Speaker 1: With Seattle Seattle laying ten and a half against Minnesota. The Vikings are on their third string quarterback McCarthy wins and now, gosh, Gosmer, what's his name, Sam Bosmer, Gosmer, whatever it is. I don't like his chances against Mike McDonald Seattle defense, and so can Seattle get to twenty one? That should be enough to cover against the Vikings third string quarterback. I'll take Seattle at home, laying the ten and a half. So our five picks are as follows the Chiefs laying three thanks to our rock bet for not making this lay three and a half at Dallas, Chicago getting seven at Philadelphia, Tampa Bay laying three at home against the hated Cardinals. Cleveland getting six at home against Rock Party and the Niners in the snow, and Seattle laying ten and a half at home against Minnesota