Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cavino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 1: Like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hopefull all.
Speaker 1: Your favorite players are still on your team. I'm happy to be here. I thought Fox Sports Radio is gonna trade me.
Speaker 2: Yesterday for who for players to be named later.
Speaker 3: We tried, we tried. We couldn't get Adam Shine.
Speaker 2: Beans yeah exact, Adam Shine denied it. Adam trade clause. I don't want to work with that big head of buffood. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Radio, and I hope you're having a George Lombard junior sort today. I'll explain Alex wedding. We got some stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: You don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: You will after tonight CNR on FSR with Danny g and we'd be rocking out. Let's go Iowa. Sam is here at dan Byers here. Thank you guys for stopping bias. Good to be back on the East.
Speaker 1: Cool. I'm sorry, west side.
Speaker 2: I'm back from the East coast and it's good to be here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: My flight was delayed like two hours yesterday. Of course it was so times you get happy just to be here home and safe. What time you get in after one am? Like you touched down at one or you were in bed by one. No, I was in bed by two am. Only person up was nobody, just my dog happy to see me when I got home. And that's it when I say my dog, it was big poppy, yoh gay. Good to see you anyway, by the way, and rich and we have trivia today and prizes and things to get to. It's a fair question, but I was sam because landing versus when you actually get to your house, especially in the big city like LA or New York or Chicago or Miami or Dallas. Like you, it's not like, oh I landed at one, I was in bed fifteen minutes later. You can land, I would saying at lax at one, you can land and then taxi for like twenty minutes and then all of a sudden you're like, I'm in bed by two forty, so yeah, your.
Speaker 4: Your bag doesn't show up for another thirty minutes. You take a shuttle back that's thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Not to have a cliche conversation own, but lax is lame, miserable because.
Speaker 1: Then you got to you got to get to another parking lot just to get your Uber, and you have to take a shuttle an excursion. I go to the shuttle. It's an excursion like matt vast scursion.
Speaker 2: You could get the Uber from your gate, but it's double the price and you have to do what Uber black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a nightmare. So anyway, I'm happy to be here. You're here.
Speaker 2: I was on the East coast yesterday, back on the West side, bought those vocals forever. Let's get into it. So, yeah, trade deadline was brutal yesterday. Moves were made, liquidation sale, everything must go sale for your Mets Rich and my Yankees didn't get the pieces they need, but some big moves were made about one of the guys, one of the guys you got, dude, I'll tell you what I'm talking about. Hit a whole lot everybody's talking about. They needed a right handed hitting catcher and they needed bullpen work. They got two. They got two bats that don't fit anywhere. They got three first basement. Now three, first basement. You're complaining about a new guy.
Speaker 1: In your tea. Go ahead, home run.
Speaker 2: That's the story. You know what I'm doing, reporting the story. Make your own story. That is the story. That is the story. The Yankees needed parts, they didn't get them. But you know what they did. They sent down a few people and they're bringing people up. And I'll explain it later on a right, because we have things to get to. Speaking of baseball, a guy that your Mets got rid of but a while ago, PCA still hurts PCA. Big time Mets prospect goes to the Cubs, becomes a superstar. He's in the news for something. Silly prospects stink one out of one hundred pan out to be an All Star, maybe maybe even one out of five hundred, and it just so happens. Of course, it would be the one Met prospect they gave up. Remember all the other untouchables, like you call Vientos or Mady or you know this guy that they're all untouchable, but they quick too. I sum around the bases in like nine seconds. Dude's got all the skills in the world. I don't know how you will pass on he is your in the National League right now, Danny g behind show. Hey, Tony Pca is number two in the MVP race according to Las Vegas right now.
Speaker 1: But maybe he's a whack adoodle.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it, because before we get into last one standing and George Lombard Junior, who's that catching strays some NBA kd's in the news. Lay before we get to all that, let's talk a little baseball and he trade deadline thoughts. Be sure to call us at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. But Pca said something ridiculous recently, and maybe he just felt the giddiness of hanging out with a hotty like Kristen Cavaliery, who we've hung out with.
Speaker 1: By the way, let's just say we had a few tickle fights. This is all not true. Well, if that night we did tickle fights.
Speaker 2: In my memory and in mine in my mind tickle fights, I'm gonna give you ten second story. Back in the two thousands, when she was on the hills, Cavino and I were hanging out with her and some of her pals, probably in like a VIP section, and for some reason, the girl Covino was dating at that time I think.
Speaker 1: Rich and I snuck in. I think I forgot how to happen.
Speaker 2: The girl Kavino is dating at the time was so mad, like who you hanging with?
Speaker 1: And there was a picture of us for Kristin Cavalieri.
Speaker 2: So the whole joke became, oh, look at Cavino late nights with Cavaliery. I think she said, what are you doing having all nighters at Kristin Cavalier? And that became an inside joke for years, like what are you doing all night late night parties with Kristin Cavalier. Those pictures exist, man, You know, twenty years later she's podcasting and killing it. So good for her, you know what, That picture didn't mean a whole lot, and now it does because you're right, she's a big deal now and she's hanging out with PCI. I think she's doing a bunch of brand deals with like Bryce Harper and PCA. She's got this baseball jewelry line thing going on, but she also has a very popular podcast and she's talking to PCA, who could have been a big time met star but instead is a big time Chicago right next to Wan Soto in the outfield. But that's in a different multiverse, and she says something about like do you have any conspiracies you bynte something.
Speaker 1: Along those lines. You know what was that her or you? I'll spare you and you could hear the clip. What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
Speaker 2: I'll stop it saying I called your impression was so good it actually was pretty while.
Speaker 1: What's an unpopular penny? What's not that y'all? Maybe on our standard belave that's mouth Krista Cavalleary.
Speaker 2: I'd never make fun of her in front of her face and she's talking to pc A Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
Speaker 5: This is going to be crazy. Babe Ruth never existed?
Speaker 1: Is one that I love really never existed?
Speaker 5: I heard, uh picture with the Mariners.
Speaker 1: Uh what's his name? Salsado? You remember him? Salsado? Yeah, left.
Speaker 5: I think he did some podcast on Zoom when he was like going down the rabbit hole with somebody about how Babe Ruth never existed. I was like, dude, that's awesome, funny, You're.
Speaker 1: Gonna double down right now.
Speaker 5: It's like we always talk about how like the games evolving, and people might as well have been like underhanding the ball to that guy, and and he's regarded still as one of the best players ever. And you might as well dive further into it and be like, well, maybe he just never exists.
Speaker 1: I love it. And here's the funniest thing.
Speaker 2: You hear the lighthearted, silly in that conversation, and all the headlines are like, PCA doesn't believe Babe Ruth existed.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right. You have to keep this in mind.
Speaker 2: He was asked the question a comedic podcast, right, So I mean if someone asked me that question, I'd be like, oh, I haven't bigfoot maybe and if you were popular in the headline be like, you know, he's a bigfoot guy.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: It's like, wait, hold on, I always asked the stupid question. I gave a stupid answer, and that's kind of what happened. But he does deflect instead of just owning it. He's like, yeah, you know, like Salsado of the Mariners said, it's like, no, you're saying it now, and everyone's running.
Speaker 1: With the story. Now.
Speaker 2: If it was going to be a Babe Ruth conspiracy, it's not that he never existed. I would say, there's a big conspiracy on how white he really is. There's a lot of people that say, yo, look at him, I think he's black. There's a lot of black people that take ownership of Babe Ruth and they're like, nah, he was black man. They just tried to cover he was mixed. He was mixed, and they're like taking ownership of the babe. I've seen that one surface a lot, and I don't think there's any conspiracy about Well, the most common Babe conspiracy was whether or not he called his shot called the shot. I never heard, whether or not he existed, never existed? You know, is he bigfoot? Is he is he thinking of like the Mighty Casey?
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you of all the conspiracies you hear people say yeah, And we've had Jesse Ventura on our show when he's not living down in the Bah talk about the Denver Airport and you know Area fifty one and all this crazy and there's a lot of strange imagery at the Denver Airport. Well, whether or not you buy into some things.
Speaker 1: You remember that mural there with like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it was like that terrible, horrible mural that they have and that evil Bronco on the front. I know, I wonder are there conspiracies that you, no matter what, are Like, how dumb could one be to believe that, well, flat earth is the dumbest? Well, right, I don't think it's dumbest. I think it's the dumbest of the dumb the dumbest of the dumber than that. There are people that believe planes didn't hit the towers on nine to eleven. Oh, that planes didn't hit there's what was it? Cgi No, No, people think it was like, okay, the planes never hit.
Speaker 1: It's a you fel for like, uh, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was bombs and you fell for a trickery and it was say fake videos. Yeah there was pentagon. I might buy into that because you never saw clear footage, right, you're right, and like the way the whole like there was a hole there and not a whole lot of debris. There are a ton of flat earthers in the world of sports, right, we learned that. Look, let's just preface this conversation by saying, conspiracies are fun sometimes, you know, it's fun to speculate.
Speaker 1: I find them to be interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, interesting, per se but I don't believe them per se.
Speaker 1: But I do find them interesting. I find them interesting. Good impression, right if you know? You know? But is there one more dumb than Babe Ruth didn't exist? Let me think about this. I mean, do you believe I've heard?
Speaker 2: I think if you would have asked people if you were a survey says Steve Harvey, family feud style, what's a conspiracy out there? I think the number one answer is something we just celebrated the anniversary of. There are people that genuinely believe we never landed on the moon and it was a Hollywood production because we were in a space race with rucksby Pace.
Speaker 1: Maybe fun upfront tier, but it's made in the Hollywood basement. It's Californication, dude, Yeah, it's made up. I do wonder is that the most popular one.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of, you know, not to bring it back, but a lot of sports ones that I do find interesting, like the whole cal Ripken one for sure, Kevin Costner cal Ripkins story. I firmly believe of the frozen envelope for the Knicks with Patrick Ewing, That's what I believe.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that one. I believe it's a good one, but I don't believe it.
Speaker 4: There are people that don't think we can even get into outer space, like that, if you were to go into outer space, you'd be hit by like flying debris of satellites in space junk. There's people who think we can't even or they're like a belt of rocks magnetic fields. There's pep that think we can't even get into outer space.
Speaker 1: Interesting, you know what, I'll give you one and sports Lady really mean it. You said space junk.
Speaker 2: You I mean this one, and leave Luke Skywalker's junk out of it.
Speaker 1: I mean this.
Speaker 2: You always hear the legend, you know, since it started with Babe Ruth and whether he existed, I get it. He played with weaker competition, but he's still a man amongst boys. One.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did FDR ever exists? Did Abraham Lincoln ever exists?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just gonna doubt that people, because there's not.
Speaker 2: Physical evidence Babe Ruth existed, sitting underground need proof, right, here's the here's where we don't have proof.
Speaker 1: Kevina believes Abe Lincoln hunted vampires. He didn't.
Speaker 2: I think he was a vampire Slayer. There's the legendary story of New York Yankee Mickey Mantle and they say he almost hit one out of the stadium, like he hit the carem the facade. Where's the proof? I know, not everything was documented, not everything went filmed, Like, where is the proof of that? Like out of Yankee Stadium? What's the dimensions of out of Yankee Stadium? I saw Hernandez it went out of Wrigley yesterday. That's been done. We get it out of Yankee Stadium. That's gotta be like a six hundred plus foot shot.
Speaker 1: I call bolooney on that.
Speaker 2: I think that's just like folklore, Like I'll tell you the make I saw the making almost hay one out of here.
Speaker 1: I guess dat him. I tell you it's like, really, where's the footage? Where's the proof? I don't buy that, but I always hear that story.
Speaker 2: But I do love the fact that all over social media today people are like seriously printing the headline PCA does not believe Babe Ruth existed. And Pete Crow Armstrong was on a podcast and was having a funny conversation, laughing the whole time with Kristen Cavaliery goofing around and just to show you how social media will take something and context means nothing.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty six, Rich, why don't you tell everybody what you told me? Oh Rich doesn't believe in the New York Football Giants, but he actually believes that the giants existed in real life.
Speaker 2: You know who convinced me of this ty shirt? Who's the producer for the Odd Couple? He thinks that he telling me about stems. There's archaeologists that come and they like hide these things to not mess with what we believe to be true. Like Rich believes that giants existed, and.
Speaker 3: There's Bible stories some of the giants were swept away with the flood.
Speaker 2: And not only like all over the world and makes it like makes you it makes you a question because there's so many different stories from around the world to say the same thing.
Speaker 1: So you're like, wait, how could they all have the same story?
Speaker 2: Somehow we have dinosaur bones from three hundred million years ago, but we don't have these giant bones because they were taken.
Speaker 1: Away by archaeologists.
Speaker 2: You don't think you ever? Do you think conspiracy? I Sam, do you think there was ever a completely sophisticated society thousands of years ago that just went it like got eliminated. Who do you think we are as advances as the human rates have been?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but.
Speaker 2: You don't think you don't think we could have There could have been a civil civilization that was wiped away?
Speaker 1: Do you believe it like Atlantis? No?
Speaker 4: I mean, I like you don't believe well, I mean, like, what are you talking about like certain like like Egyptian societies where they had, like Roman, they had running water and.
Speaker 1: Toilets and stuff.
Speaker 4: Do you think there was a susciety that's about his advance as it gets aqueducts. Aqueducts is running water, Okay, we didn't have we didn't have Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't know about this story of mythology? Do you believe that it doesn't have to be all sports related? I'll give you They're all sort of coming to mind for me. Do you believe that Nolan Ryan really threw one hundred and eight miles per hour?
Speaker 1: Is that just the legend?
Speaker 2: And when the legend becomes fact print the legend, it's like yeah, we want to believe, Like, yeah, I'll tell you what, man, these guys the miss yeah, he throws heat.
Speaker 1: But Nolan Ryan, yeah, strong.
Speaker 2: Texting through heat. But one hundred and eight. I don't know about that. I don't, I don't necessarily that, and I understand where the thinking comes from. They say the radar gun would measures it from a different standpoint in today's game. So they're saying, based on today's measurements from out of the hand, it would be one hundred and eight miles per hour. They used to use the radar from the catcher's perspective.
Speaker 3: Rich an artist you play on Pop two, k Avril Levine, she died.
Speaker 2: That was a big one that Paul McCartney sort of a legend that they replaced her with a lookalike, a.
Speaker 1: Clone Melissa Vandella. You know, Sam, I got one for you, since you are such a skeptic.
Speaker 4: You skeptic of ridiculous ideas. Do you believe they're fun?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I mean, they're fun of here, you don't think they're fun? I do, than sure fun.
Speaker 2: I guess all right, you're pretty sure that there was never like some type of human looking, huge giant species like.
Speaker 1: Any time in the history.
Speaker 2: I'm completely that, Sam, you will be lucky enough to get you'll be lucky enough to get a little blip of one hundred years on this planet. And you're so certain that you know everything that happened for billions of years.
Speaker 4: But like we've found, you're so certain we've found the bones of animals that existed hundreds of millions.
Speaker 1: Of years ago below the ocean. You have no cloetes below the ocean.
Speaker 4: Why would we find human bones from like fifty thousand years ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were huge, Maybe there's some of their camps. First of all, we ate we're eating more protein now than we ever have. That's why people get bigger. People were small, They were like of a smaller stature because protein was just harder to come by. You'd have to go hunting or gathering. So there's like there's like evolutionary reasons why these things are just completely rolled out. Do you do you know the fun fact that George Washington, is it George Washing or Abe Lincoln never knew that, uh, George Washing never knew that dinosaurs existed.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, they didn't start discovering these things until more twenty So.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. You, Danny J. Dan Bayer, all our kids have little dinosaur toys. You realize that that's just like someone's guess of what they look like. Yeah, of course feathers would like colors anything like. You don't know, Like, what's it called. There's a theory for it. It's like like when you suck the air out of a storage bag. Right, it's like shrink. It's called there's a shrinking word for it. We only depict the animals like as if they have no muscle tone underneath their fat. Right, so we basically put skin over the outline of their skeleton, assuming that's how they appeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take some creative liberties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's no proof whatsoever that that's what they looked like, whether or not they had feathers, what color they were, what they sounded like, and again, how much muscle or fat they had over the bones that we found. We find the skeleton, we throw the skin on them, and we think they're big giant lizards when they're probably closer to birds.
Speaker 1: None of us.
Speaker 2: So, look, we don't know that's the truth. But when it comes to conspiracies, is there anything more dumb than Babe Ruth didn't exist? What's the buddy, that's a pretty dumb one.
Speaker 8: Well, I just recently saw and I don't know if it was the Miriam Webster dictionary Twitter handle that said that the t rex is closer to six seven being a thing than it was roaming the earth with the Stegosaurus, meaning the Stegosaurus was, you know, in millions of millions of years older than when the t rex came along.
Speaker 2: Man, have you've got little kids, and they're probably all other different dinosaurs toys. All those dinosaurs lived like we are. We live closer. Kevino's got something no live closer to like a t rex rex to like a brontosaurus, right, and we lump them all together. But the way we depict them is identified as shrink wrapping, and that implies it's an outdated paleo art and scientific error where extinct animals are illustrated with the skin pulled tautly directly over their skeleton. But for all we know, they could have been built like hippopotami, you know what I mean, Like they could have layers of blubber and fat or muscle that we never accounted for. We just slapped some green skin over their skeletons. Said, yeah, they look like that's so inaccurate because any like you find any animal skeleton, if you found a hipposkeleton and you just put skin on top of it, it would look nothing, yep, like it looks in real life. So it's called it's the shrimp shrink wrapping error that artists created that we just roll with. Dan.
Speaker 4: Dan mentioned t rex and six seven, and all I thought of was this six seven.
Speaker 1: Little baby arms Wes and vegas hits is of it?
Speaker 2: He goes, ask guy, was Sam if he believes dragons allah like Game of Thrones, like flying dragons existed?
Speaker 1: No? No, but you're so certain? Huh.
Speaker 4: I'm certain because there's no animal that's ever existed that has the ability to breathe fire. We have animals that have bioluminescence, that have like naturally glowing parts of their bodies. Whiting bugs, lightning bugs are good ones, certain types of fish species. I always think dragons every dagons are just everyone something that was created by humans, one of these, every.
Speaker 2: One of these silly conversations about conspiracies. It's always foun to have a skeptic like you, because anytime Cavino brings up aliens, our buddy Mauser in Cincinnati is the first to be like shutting down.
Speaker 1: A Cavino alien story.
Speaker 4: I'm more trying to support that kind of conversation than like dragons.
Speaker 2: I think that's it's more absurd to think they don't exist than do exist, because you know, you mean to tell me, in this vast universe, what's more likely that they do exist or that they don't. That to me, to say they don't is more absurd. How about this, This is sort of like a recent conspiracy involving animals, since you brought up dinosaurs and everything. Do you ever hear the conspiracy that pandas were like man made like they were like bread to be pandas, to be lazy and to eat bamboo mandas pandas because there's no depiction of a panda before the nineteenth century and any ancient art. So think of all the ancient art and all the animals that are depicted, there's never a depiction of the panda before the late nineteenth century.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're just very private. No, and Chinese depicted every animal, They even depicted the whole which didn't exist. Did pandas starting depict pandas? When did they start doing kung fu?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: That was in New Year the twentieth century. Okay, yeah, so I don't know. It's just a fun conspiracy there, but Babe Ruth didn't exist. And as time goes on, stupid things like that will become more of a real conspiracy. But it's like, hey, we got pictures and we got proof and they're like, yeah, well, how do we know that's not AI old timer? And you're like, oh, because we we know, but you know, and these things get convoluted and probably confusing as time goes on.
Speaker 4: There was like a generation of people who were alive up until recently who like saw him play, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they knew him.
Speaker 2: As time goes on, that story is just as real as dinosaurs to us.
Speaker 4: That's why history books are important, like actually the actual recording of history.
Speaker 1: They're doing there, slicing them and they're putting them through machines, they're signing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then they're throwing them away and eventually them and eventually and eventually we'll all live in a silo and the pass will be a race, right Danny. And by the way, that's not a conspiracy that there's rich for Apple TV.
Speaker 1: I'll give you another one that I don't buy.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it at all, And we tell these stories that the Ripkins and Kevin Costner's and the game Street.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that Michael Jordan one though, was the Michael Jordan. I believe Michael Jordan that.
Speaker 3: He was serving a secret band yea, yeah, for gambling. I do believe that that's why he was playing base. But I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: I think the Billy Bogs drank eighty three beers in one sitting. I'm sorry, what about you can't stand?
Speaker 1: What about the.
Speaker 2: Rumor that Andre the Giant had a sixteen second fart on the set of Princess.
Speaker 1: To believe that because I've had a.
Speaker 2: Second Yeah, after some ice cream and some beans.
Speaker 1: He's such a large man.
Speaker 4: Testines are bigger.
Speaker 2: I was it the late Rob Reiner someone that said it was like it was the most He said, sun is like balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, it's a sore spot. Kept me up all last night.
Speaker 3: For Coe's birthday, somebody got him one of those minions fart guns.
Speaker 1: Oh really, hour for hours? Yeah, for hours.
Speaker 2: Conspiracies that are dumber than Babe Ruth didn't exist.
Speaker 1: It's dumb. Now, it's a fun story though, you know, even.
Speaker 2: Fifty years from now, I could see dummies believing that, because with AI you never know what is real, what was made up, what stories are fabricated, you know, So he's a very mythical figure. So I could see, like in the future people believe in that. Right now, give me a break. Is there any conspiracies or even sports conspiracies that are more dumb than that, or once you actually believe let us know. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Well, we'll do more next, Plus we'll talk some NBA because yo, poor Klay Thompson catching strays from Kevin Durant, who's going nuts on Twitter as always, So we'll talk a little NBA. I will play last one Standing and talk a little baseball. We made some moves NFL and two days, so a lot to get to more.
Speaker 1: Coveno on Rich next.
Speaker 2: All right, So, if you're working logistics like my dad, covenolegistis you know one thing, nothing moves without you? And right now, companies everywhere are looking for skilled people who can keep their supply chains running strong. Find your next job to Express Employment Professionals at Express Employment Professionals. Logistics isn't just another career field. It's a specialty from warehouse associates and forklift operators to shipping and receiving CDL drivers, inventory coordinators, and more. Express connects you with the roles that keep business moving. Go to expresspros dot com to find a location near you and give them a call. Whether you need to get your foot in the door with contract roles or looking for full time work, Express finds a job where your skills fit and your experience matters. Best part Express there's never a fee for job seekers. So if you're ready for your next shift, next challenge, next big move, let Express help you find the logistics job that fits at expresspros dot com today. Stop searching alone, get support, get options, and get to work. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show That's Right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 6: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Live from California, a from the West Coast. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the mean streets of La on a Taco Tuesday, Vato local Danny G. Fato local Danny G is on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Iowa. Sam Sammy skeptic, You mean Sammy skeptic, Dan Byer, Oh yeah, Coldstone.
Speaker 1: Mike also very skeptical, is like, that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Who dragons And of course we're Cavino and Rich on Fox Drag Radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, you like dragons?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you like imagine dragons?
Speaker 2: Imagine Drake anyway, at Covin on Rich if you want to chime in on any of this, we got a lot of other stuff to get to. NBA NFL starts in two days. But you know what I just want to give you know, we're talking about all this trade deadline stuff the last couple of days. You know who's like, I mean, you might say no, not at all, Rich, but your Don Jordan Alvarez. You know how under the radar this guy has been this season. Everyone's talking about you know, so Tani gonna have another MVP or his PCA gonna catch him. And there's so many people were talking about the world of Major League Baseball, But do you see what Alvarez is doing stat wise?
Speaker 1: I mean, he'd been leading the league in home runs most of the year.
Speaker 2: Have you heard one person talk about how right now he has the triple crown?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I have now, No, not a lot. But but we're talking about that guy. If you're the guy, I'm radiant. I'm the guy that people wait to say these Hey, four hundred affiliates, how are you guys doing? No? But yeah, I guess I am the guy. Who are you waiting for? Adam Shine Alparez? Unbelievable, it's not getting any credible crown because, yes, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's talking about it yesterday. So you know, we told you the trade didn't work out. We tried to trade you form got shut down.
Speaker 2: Ever since I heard the trade was shut down, I feel the pressure to be more like Adam Shine. Matt dog Russa rejected Matt dog Russo and Serious Sex have rejected the trade. They said they don't want you. And by the way, we're friends with Adam Shine. So I don't want people thinking man they're really starting beef. I mean, if you want to think that, go right ahead. You want to start beef with Adam Shot, No, man, I ain't beefing with that. Imagine he has like.
Speaker 1: A mean side to him. Oh this is war. Come on, man, put up your dukes, let's go.
Speaker 2: I saw a daunting stat, but it is the way baseball's played nowadays. Not to sounding an old head, but there are currently six players in Major League Baseball batting over three hundred. You heard me right, in all of Major League Baseball, In all of Major League baseball, Danny, do I need to repeat that, No. Six in all of Major League baseball, and far above everyone else. Well, arise, who's now with the Phillies betting three twenty four? But you're not in Alvarez Guy's bett in three point thirty with thirty five home runs and eighty four RBI. And I have not heard a peep about how this guy's having a season among seasons where everyone else is just sort of playing good baseball. There's no one close to sort of putting up the numbers he's putting up. Schwarber's got thirty three bombs. As far as RBI go, Yeah, Abrams at Washington. A couple guys in the National League have eighty something RBIs, but in the American League, Alvarez is currently your triple Crown leader.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And that's talking about Taylor Trammel today. Do you see what that bonehead did the astro?
Speaker 1: You've never seen that before.
Speaker 2: It is so funny if you haven't seen it, I have ununbelievable Taylor Tramion play go all the way around to home. So, yes, he thinks he hits a home run yesterday, and you know he stares at it, majestic bomb.
Speaker 1: He trots around the bases. Meanwhile, Miles Straw of the Blue.
Speaker 2: Jays caught it at the wall, really nice catch, but caught it at the wall against the wall. Maybe his maybe his like vision in that moment, like he lost the ball on something I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like that might be one of the outfielder kind of runs away quickly with the ball.
Speaker 1: So if you weren't paying close attention, you know what I mean, You don't.
Speaker 2: Think he trots the bases and then goes back to the dugout in defeat, like so embarrassed thinking he hit a home run with his.
Speaker 1: Part in between third and home.
Speaker 2: He does your typical like clap, touch his chest, point up, and God's like it wasn't a homer. So yeah, more people talking about that than your Alvarez's numbers, to be honest, But I'm just saying, I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: I am the guy.
Speaker 2: If no one's talking about it, I'll be the guy. Props to you, Alvarez. You know, like you know who's supposed to be talking about it. You better than last week. Everybody was talking about that squirrel, but no raccoon. Raccoon, Danny, get it right, The squirrel they couldn't catch. Yeah, yeah, I know, the squirrel they couldn't catch. You talk about jimmythy the raccoon who also got more love than you're in, Alvarez. And by the way, Alvarez, is it because I'm conspiracy because he's an Astro? Does the Astros still have this like we don't want to give anyone on that team love?
Speaker 1: Is still a stigma?
Speaker 2: Is there still years later, like, hey, he's on the Astros, the Astros.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be my reasoning.
Speaker 2: I've I mean, we've brought it up that he's leading the league as far as triple Crown. I was not honestly aware that he was triple Crown home runs RBI.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 2: Also, keep in mind he was injured most of last year, and then you look back a couple of years before that, it's one of the best hit As an old baseball I think last year, him being out most of the season took him out of your mind as far as like, who's some of the best sluggers in the game. So props to Alvarez and props to our slugger, Damn Bayer.
Speaker 1: Let's get an up date with some DVB.
Speaker 8: I do remember some talk earlier on in the season when the Astros weren't playing as well, that do you vote for Alvarez his MVP in a Mike Trout sort of way because he is entering But now Houston's, you know, at the top of the division and things are going well, and so there's probably going to be a groundswell of support. Now to your points for how well he's playing. I'm moving from baseball to the National Football League. Big Day of signings. We start with the Falcons. They made running back Vijon Robinson the highest paid running back in NFL history three years seventy five million dollars fifty one million dollars guaranteed he gets as part of the deal he has the maximum amount could be seventy five million. The annual the annual average salary. That's what I'm trying to say, twenty five million dollars per season.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I love the I love the structure that deal because you're a running back that could be as dominant as him. Yeah, not going to go long term, but in the short term those years got to count for guys like that.
Speaker 8: Now, this is the editorial portion of the update. This is not the fact. Well, this is me speaking an opinion. How crazy is it that, say Flowers just got a four year, one hundred and forty million dollar extension and will make nine million dollars more per season than Whatjon Robinson will make.
Speaker 2: It shows you the value of what we think is a right. Say Flowers to me is like a good wide receiver, but not like like when you rate the running back back. Yeah, John Robinson say Flowers to me is like second tier, maybe not even.
Speaker 8: And now he's the tie with Justin Jefferson for the with the thirty five million dollars per season that's the fourth highest annual average salary for wide receivers, So ten million dollar difference between what Jay Flowers is going to make on a yearly basis to Whatjeon Robinson's going.
Speaker 2: Which is why debo at one year, seven million is the best deal in NFL history.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, the Bears made tackle Darnell one of the highest paid offensive linemen in the NFL, agreeing to a four year deal worth one hundred and sixteen million dollars ninety three million dollars guaranteed. Right it's going to be the second highest paid lineman in the NFL, behind Laramie Tunzel of the Commanders. Now the Falcons gave Robinson his deal, not all good news. Those edge rusher Jalen Walker will undergo more testing, but the NFL Network Fears reports that the Falcons fear Walker suffering an apparent ACL injury. Carson Beck's going to start a quarterback for the Cardinals in the Hall of Fame game Thursday against the Panthers. College football preseason poll out the Coaches poll top twenty five, Ohio State one, Oregon second, Georgia, Texas and Notre Dame run out the top five Indiana came in sixth.
Speaker 1: Derek Scouble makes his Dodger's debuts tonight in Chicago against.
Speaker 8: The Cubs, and the WNBA expansion team in Cleveland will be known as the Cleveland Sirens when they begin play in twenty twenty eight. All those numbers had me messed up. But quite a payday for Bejeon Robinson and the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Dee. You guys, I got a lot of good information. dB, you crammed a lot in that update. Thank you, Bud. We are going to talk some n b A and talking smack. We're gonna talk some NFL. But right now, two people still lingering on the phones about conspiracies.
Speaker 1: Danny.
Speaker 2: We talked about how p c A doesn't believe Babe Ruth exists. So there you go, feeding into the narrative.
Speaker 1: He said it. I'm getting that.
Speaker 2: He said he joked about it, but it just got us thinking that that is a wild one.
Speaker 1: Right. We got time for one of the costs right now. Ohen in Indiana, what's up about? Hello?
Speaker 7: Hello, big big fan of the show. Hey, I don't think magic. I don't think Magic Johnson ever had AIDS or is HIV positive. I think he was coming to the end of his career. Some of the race hustlers in the black community, like Al Sharpton got him to kind of do that to get some more awareness of the community.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a wild conspira because he never heard but think of that, But think of the ask that would be like, hey, listen, you're a superstar on the top of the world.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pretend to have a disease. He was not at the end of his career.
Speaker 2: Yet it's easiest, I mean thought conspiracy, Yes, thought though, because he's the only guy that proved at the time that you could live with it if you had the money.
Speaker 1: Right, people were still dying. But that's the time.
Speaker 2: What mates you're telling someone, by the way, did the sign of their life to be like fake having what everyone is the scariest illness at the time. I'm not buying that at all, but it's it's an interesting, good one. He say he's a fan. Here's a conspiracy. Did he say he's a fan of the show or the fan of the show? Hey?
Speaker 1: Is he a show? Hey fan? I was confused by that. Oh all right, so anyway I heard that you hear that quickly.
Speaker 3: We got thirty seconds. If you want to wrap with Corey Corey, North Carolina, Hey.
Speaker 1: Corey, quickly, real quick.
Speaker 7: Just wanted to get your guys.
Speaker 1: Thoughts.
Speaker 7: Do you think the Wilt Chamberlain one hundred point game ever happened?
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I've heard this one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one because it's like will no proof, no box score. I also don't believe. I also don't believe how any women he slept with. That's impossible numbers less. I agree, I believe more than scored over one hundred points. Less that he slept with over ten thousand women.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it either of those numbers. In fact, so we got more.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich next on a conspiracy fun Rando Tuesday, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Rock on what is this? Sam sounds good?
Speaker 4: It's a Black Crows a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, I have a conspiracy about them.
Speaker 1: I don't believe he talks to angels. Prove it. She talks to angels here or she. Either way, I don't believe it. She talks to you, she talks to she.
Speaker 2: She's lying that my trout though Cavino, maybe she did talk to Mike Trout, especially with my Trump. Yeah, he's been an angel way too long. Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio with Danny g and Sam and Dan Byron. Thank you guys for hanging out with us live from LA Live from the Fox Sports Radio studios, and we're streaming live on YouTube live chat, and if you missed the show, you could either watch it or catch it on the podcast. Search at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube to see what you hear now in the world of the NBA, who comes to mind for you as someone that just can't stop social media. They can't stop scrolling, they can't stop.
Speaker 1: Plub We all know you're talking about Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant number one answer on the B And you know what, I saw his really fun interview and sit down with Letterman. I know it's a couple of years ago, but did you ever watch it? One day one him and Letterman are playing shuffle by It and they're hanging out like it is a different side of KD. And I believe at that time he was was he still with the nets at the time? Is that how long ago? That interview was I don't remember who he was, but I remember the interview on Netflix if you and they did talk about his social media habits.
Speaker 1: Katie can't help himself.
Speaker 2: And this is the story of when you try to make your point sometimes people unintentionally catch them strays.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that happens? It happened with KD.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Klay Thompson is the only one that seemed to take it personally because he sort of threw a few people under the bus in his reply in his tweet.
Speaker 1: We'll explain now. It was Kevin Durant. Hold on, let me pull it up for you guys, so we have the.
Speaker 3: Exact Yeah, he's sticking up for the fact that he joined the Warriors when he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And in sticking up for himself, he's comparing what he did to Lebron and the Sixers. He say it ain't even close. Joel MVP recently, Jaylen Brown recent Finals, MVP, Tyrese Maxey all starred in the last three years. We all know what Bron does. This is from This is from of course, Kevin Durant, not surprising in itself, right there, going out Lebron, Yeah, going at Lebron in that way, and the first of all, Lebron catching a stray because you know, there seems to have always been a mutual respect there.
Speaker 1: So he's putting that publicly out there. You know, those are his true feelings.
Speaker 2: It seems someone saying Kevin Durant joined the super team, so by comparing it to the Sixers and Lebron, now he just unintentionally took a shot at Lebron. Then he goes on to say, when I joined the Warriors, Klay Thompson never an MVP candidate in Nothing.
Speaker 1: Twenty two points per game average.
Speaker 2: Draymond fourteen points per game, seven rebounds, six or six six assists, Steph and Vpe just like Joelle was.
Speaker 1: I don't get how the Warriors team is better on paper.
Speaker 2: Well, the Warriors were already proven to be a winning squad. That themps that he left out.
Speaker 1: Like Stephan Joel are a fair comparison there.
Speaker 2: But you know, interesting, it's like saying the Dodgers are doing the same thing the Yankees did. They hold up there is a difference. Clay Thompson but never an MVP candidate in Nothing.
Speaker 1: Well you gotta say that.
Speaker 2: So a few people taking strays. But only one I saw responded. That was Klay Thompson. He goes yo, yeah, Clay goes man. We good, Yeah man, you good? Why are you using my full government name again? That's public like he could have made his point without bringing everyone else into it. So catching strays is what we're talking about, and, by the way, unnecessary or necessary for Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: We'll explore a little more. Plus we'll talk to NFL.
Speaker 2: We are two days await guys more Covin and Rich next right here.