Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hilarius, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Piece to the planet this Thursday.
Speaker 3: Good morning, how y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly fad but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: Good morning to all.
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's up? Just how you feeling?
Speaker 4: Good morning? I feel good, yo. My kids did better than I expected.
Speaker 5: And the swimming yeah as kilty kilt, yeah good.
Speaker 2: The pool yeah yo.
Speaker 4: It actually was. I told you she was, and that is like the number one complaint.
Speaker 2: You're right, I told you so. If you're just joining us. Yesterday, Ess was talking about taking her two kids swimming for the first time. Yes, and so how did the experience go?
Speaker 4: It went great?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: So Marley, she's in the tadpole stage right, shout out to British Swim School.
Speaker 4: She's in the table stage. She already on level four. I love it, Oh my god like.
Speaker 6: And then my baby's so big, right y'all know that's from the breast milk. And then her dad is tall, so she's already, like, we know she's gonna be tall. They could not believe she was nine months My daughter's big crazy And then Ash he was doing the backstroke and I was like, okay, so you can.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna tell Envy you can swim. You were just holding out.
Speaker 2: On me, holding out somebody he had already learned before.
Speaker 4: And it's like, yeah, I just didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: I like.
Speaker 2: Freestyling and like, what the hell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like yo, and I'm paying for this and you already know how to swim, Like.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, he has learned that.
Speaker 6: He he actually wants to like train yes to swim. So I was like, okay, all right, you made it seem like you want to swim lessons because you didn't know how to swim. He was like, no, I just want to learn how to swim better.
Speaker 2: What's his favorite stroke? Purse? What's what is he like?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know. I don't know what he likes because he was doing it all yo. He was swimming on the side. Then he I didn't think he knew how to float. He know how to float.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, estimate you want to be the next Michael Felt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said he wants to train.
Speaker 2: So you know, in high school, I was on the swim team. I did backstroke. I'm serious, of course, but you know the reason why I gave you did was because in high school we.
Speaker 3: Started getting backstrokes in the industry.
Speaker 9: Shut up.
Speaker 5: In high school, you'd have to wear that little tiny pants. And you know, at first, when you when you're practice it in your training, it's not a problem. But then when you looking in the stands, you start seeing girls in there and people in there. You're like, nah, I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: This to look at you now. The backstrokes and the Daily Duke's got you where you are. You know what I'm saying, look at that boy with the Day Duke song, won't you do?
Speaker 3: Look at you? Look at you?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Rodney dark Child Jerkins will be joining the Jerkins will be a little bit super producer.
Speaker 3: Rodney Jerkers.
Speaker 1: You know, he's getting inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame because he's worked with everybody from Michael Jackson to the Brandy Whitney, Hugh Child, and.
Speaker 3: Not just worked with them. Some people say they work with them, but think about the records.
Speaker 1: The Boy is Mine, Yes, you rock my world?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's not right, but it's soel hey by Whitney Houston come on now.
Speaker 2: Yes, And he's also bringing his artist, John Keith, who was a Christian artist and he has a new album.
Speaker 5: Called Grow Wings. So we'll talk to both of them today. And Rodney Jerkins, he's from Atlantic City. He has a history on him of how he got in the game and how he learned.
Speaker 6: And if you don't know you, because I know you're probably Runny Jerkins. That's the songs that you hear, come on and.
Speaker 4: Be like dog child.
Speaker 3: That's very true. I grew up on that d dok child.
Speaker 5: All right, So we'll kick it in. But let's get in some front page news when we come back. Let's get the show cracking. Happy birthday too.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Little dot dropping my guy?
Speaker 9: A little duball?
Speaker 3: So why are we not playing Living My Best Life?
Speaker 2: Come on second, we'll give you a second point second.
Speaker 1: Pull up little Duall Living my Best Life? Yes, Little Dual got a few records out right now, that's right.
Speaker 3: Ativity I'll be forty seven. He's forty.
Speaker 1: He turned forty eight today, I turned forty seven in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: He turned forty seven.
Speaker 5: Night we got and he's typing it in right now, and I wanted you know that me training the dogs is getting a lot better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're starting to look like you have a lot more sleep.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're starting to because they're not pooping and p and I don't have to wake up in the morning and clean pooping peep before I leave.
Speaker 2: I just walk and put him back in there. Getting better. I love it all right, Happy born Day.
Speaker 1: My guy, little Duvall man. I'm goin to blusband for Little Duval. We're going to dou Ball Day this year too.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast clip. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: Happy born Day, Little Duval.
Speaker 1: You know a little Duvall got Duvall Day on July twelfth, but this year he's doing a whole weekend. So he got his all Day concert that Friday, July eleventh with the Baby and Plies and boss Man Dlo and Skiller Baby and Jaqueeze a bunch of different people. It's gonna be at the Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. So you can go to a ticket batter and get your your tickets for that.
Speaker 2: Sloop to Duval.
Speaker 5: All right, well let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If it's true and jay Z really better million dollars that Okac would win in four he lost his money. He lost his money because last night the Paces won one sixteen to one. Oh Evan, they leave this series two one o thing. Anybody expected that, But it might be the Paces might take it that, like this might be the Paces year.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I saw them winning at least two games. I'll take okay, win the series.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This might be the Paces time they beat Cleveland the beer.
Speaker 3: They might be just the.
Speaker 1: Era I hate. We do this every day every time. Last game he was like, I don't think if they will win another game.
Speaker 3: I didn't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they win, It's like this might be there yet they would win by twenty next game, they'd be like, I don't know who's going.
Speaker 5: To but this team wasn't supposed to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. They weren't supposed to be The.
Speaker 1: Indiana has been probably the best team in the league since February, so they've been one of the top three teams in the league.
Speaker 3: There's not a surprise.
Speaker 2: It might be written for them this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know where they want the underdogs they did. They just come out of no where.
Speaker 2: I think they were underdog in every series Land to the underdog versus Nicks. They were the underdogs. Head people just.
Speaker 1: Don't watch Indiana since since about February, they've been like the top, top through team, but.
Speaker 2: They've been down the dog for only seriously, but look at the Cleveland was injured like they had. They had players down in Cleveland, said Milwaukee Damian Lillan didn't play niggaslast said. It might be there time. That's why I'm saying that.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody hurd on OKC yet. No, it's a seven games theory they lose it, all right.
Speaker 10: Well, good morning Morgan, Oh hey, good morning, y'all. How are we feeling on a Thursday?
Speaker 4: Good? All right? Good, love to hear that.
Speaker 10: Of course, we'll address the developments of what's going on in LA regarding the anti ice protests, but first on front page, let's get into some international news. The State Apartment is ordering all non essential staff to leave the Embassy of Iraq as tensions flare up between the US and Iran, and President Trump confirmed the development last night as he visited the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC to see Le Miserabla. Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 11: Well, they are being moved out because it could be a dangerous place, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: But they are and we've given notice to move out, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Shooting behind him, What was.
Speaker 3: Going on in that right? Was that noise?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: No, no, it probably preparing for his military parade. Staffers are also being told to leave the US embassys in Kuwait and Bahrain. The order came early Wednesday after Iran threatened to target US military basis in the US. The US and Iran had reportedly reached a stalemate in their nuclear negotiations, and President Trump has threatened to strike if Iran if the Iran talks failed.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: Iran's defense minister responded to Trump's threats by saying it will target without hesitation, US bases within its reach and other international affairs trade to be specific. White House UH says that President Trump is going to going through the proposed trade deal with China now. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said Trump is happy to work with his trade team and happy with the work the trade team has done, and shared details on the proposed trade deal with China at yesterday's briefing.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 12: China has agreed to open their markets to the United States separately of this time, and when it comes to this deal, we're going back to the terms.
Speaker 4: That we're agreed upon in Geneva.
Speaker 12: For the release of some of those critical minerals and the magnets from China to the United States, and we have agreed to fully comply with the Geneva agreement as well.
Speaker 6: She went on to say that Trump will have more to say on the subject soon, and Elon Musk is walking back his comments, but I won't get too much into that.
Speaker 4: We'll talk more about that at seven.
Speaker 10: He said, he might have gone too far, but yeah, we'll get into those comments at seven, and then we'll go ahead and also talk about what's also happening in LA regarding these anti ice protests.
Speaker 4: So stick around for more front pageicks.
Speaker 3: You're telling y'all, money is not power.
Speaker 1: Power is power, So you know, Elon muskin, you jump out there and get spoity, and then Donald Trump says, all right, I think we want to cancel some of his contracts, his government contracts.
Speaker 5: Okay, yep, I'm sorry, boss. All right, Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one, call us.
Speaker 3: Up right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Cloak. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: It's a new day.
Speaker 3: Is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Way up, whether you're mad or b something, to get up and get something, call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one o five one.
Speaker 9: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 14: President?
Speaker 2: To take us off bluetooth or speak if you got.
Speaker 1: Us on it, meek, I'm glad you called and I got a question for you. But go ahead, and what.
Speaker 15: God is so good?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 14: I get through.
Speaker 1: Every time, all praisey do. I'm glad you called it. I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: Some birthday first and some birthday i'd be born there.
Speaker 1: Who's blowing out your flastic candle today?
Speaker 17: My girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I saw a study. I saw a stud on Instagram yesterday. It was a video my wife showed me and she was saying that she she just.
Speaker 3: From wearing the scrap on and she said, it's a mental thing.
Speaker 17: How Charla, we gotta go open this again.
Speaker 3: He needs I never heard this one that was annoying.
Speaker 14: Like you have okay, when you have the strap on or right you it's a hornet, hook it up to you and and it and it's by.
Speaker 18: I don't want to say the word.
Speaker 14: Yes, vagina. Wow, you're penetrating the girl.
Speaker 17: It's also been against your Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I Okay, you learned something, Okay, Okay, you learned something new every day.
Speaker 14: Okay, Yeah, but you're not supposed to know that, Charlotte, because you're not a woman and you not a lesbian.
Speaker 3: Well how would you.
Speaker 1: Because first of all, it's business if you're putting it on Instagram, as everybody business. If you putting it on Instagram making a video for the world to see, I'm going to sit down and watch and be like, well, how the hell is is that possible?
Speaker 10: That's the fact.
Speaker 15: That's the fact.
Speaker 14: Yes, Because I be intrigued by the transgenders, like the the women going to boys, and they keep showing that on my timeline.
Speaker 9: Like I want to be a boy.
Speaker 3: That's that's AI.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a When you see the women transforming the boys on Instagram, that's AI.
Speaker 3: That's what that is.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, yeah yeah yeah, But man, I want to give a shout out to Lauren. I am so proud of you, Lauren Sue doing your thing. Do not listen to Charlotte because your ways be looking good?
Speaker 3: Girl, don't she ain't one in a while.
Speaker 14: Yeah, even the way she looking good, Charlotte, don't do that to her. She she is, uh, just a chocolate glistening Yes, is the shout out.
Speaker 3: Why should we listen to you when you moan when somebody scrabbling, I.
Speaker 14: Love y'all, shot out everybody, I love y'all.
Speaker 2: To her, Hello, stupid from your paces is doing it. I mean, you don't tell me, but I appreciate you trying to support. Now, I'm not trying to support. I'm a nick fit. I'm not supporting. I'm gonna be real quick and brief, not over and death.
Speaker 1: This is before your time and Lauren, for your time being.
Speaker 15: Charlotte Lane can remember back in the day, it's.
Speaker 18: Not fat lady clee.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 15: You can't gobody telling anymore because.
Speaker 3: It's not over.
Speaker 1: Bro, like you need to remember Kobe Bryant celebrate job. I'm not done, job, I'm not finished.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast club the morning, the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: Hello, who's this tea? Because pet, get it off your chest. I gotta, I.
Speaker 18: Gotta, I gotta disagree to agree situation with you. Charlie Manroe fast you know, being that you're a rep for mental health.
Speaker 3: It means mental health moth too, by the way.
Speaker 15: That's definitely.
Speaker 18: And I feel like it's a direct shot to those those men that portray to be gay. What I mean because if you're if you're gay, I feel like that's a mental health issue regardless, Like do you do you agree or disagree with that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think being gay in a mental health issue. I think that people Why.
Speaker 18: Don't you figure that's as far as the trauma, I mean, the person don't wake up and be like, oh, I'm attracted to the men. Something just has to happen in that mental state.
Speaker 1: I mean, and that's where I feel like I don't believe that, but continue, you.
Speaker 18: Know, No, I'm just saying, like you really think about it, really understand where I'm coming from when I say mental health. Mental health is something that you within you. I mean, so now you portray to be something that you're not.
Speaker 15: Then that is like a what don't you call that bicpolar or or like a.
Speaker 18: Multi personality person like that makes a Now you're portraying to.
Speaker 15: Be something that you're not.
Speaker 18: But I don't think that's a mental health issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't think they're portraying to be something that they're not. I think that you know, you wake up and you know you naturally that.
Speaker 18: Difference, you know what I mean? Sexual preference, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gazing.
Speaker 18: I mean, I'm a married man of five. I don't know nothing about that. I mean, but I'm saying I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 18: I was on TikTok and I had a panel and I was really talking about it, and a lot of people got offended. But at the end of the day, you got to keep it a book. At the end of the day, these can want to pretend to be men?
Speaker 3: Can answer when.
Speaker 17: These men be on the pretend to be woman, that's a mental.
Speaker 18: Health situation that we're going to put on.
Speaker 1: Now you're confusing things. Now you're talking about transgenders. Right now, you ain't talking about everything.
Speaker 18: Everything you're pretending to be doing other men that as the sassy voices.
Speaker 10: Be having a.
Speaker 17: Woman like.
Speaker 3: That's a lessonal health.
Speaker 18: Let's put it all on fus Street.
Speaker 4: Can ask your question, can ask your questions?
Speaker 3: Please? Who pinched your butt?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 3: Why are you no? No with this this morning?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 18: I'm I'm sorry the people.
Speaker 17: I'm telling the people that like, I'm tired of.
Speaker 18: People judging the people that's actually coming up with truth.
Speaker 9: Listen, is true?
Speaker 19: My brother, little Bible, how can you beat carrying beat Christian me the Bible clues?
Speaker 18: I mean, come on, let.
Speaker 1: The Bible also says do not judge, and you're doing a lot of judging this morning.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a.
Speaker 18: Question, judge, answer your question, judgmental, Who.
Speaker 1: Did you see that major penis jump with the Michael Jordan senters, come on, tell me the truth.
Speaker 14: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: He jumped, Why here have you had?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 4: Jesus Rist?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 9: Who's is?
Speaker 2: Why you gotta get fruity peoples?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: Yo, he wouldn't even neat fruity peppers. I'm saying, Paul Ron, what's up?
Speaker 2: Get off her chest?
Speaker 20: Wrong?
Speaker 15: What's going on? Good morning?
Speaker 3: L pease?
Speaker 15: Hey, yes, sir, don't try to push up now, Bro, you had no the paper.
Speaker 1: That's not true, I said. By the way, I STI dont think they're gonna the series. I mean that's why I said. I said my prediction was, I don't know what the numbers are going to be. I don't know what to be Game six, game seven, but you know I think, okay, he gonna win the series.
Speaker 15: I mean yeah, but nobody the paces from game one, I mean, Brown one, the book, get the cab or y'all really talked.
Speaker 5: I thought they were done versus Cleveland. I thought they were gonna be done versus Nicks, and I definitely think.
Speaker 3: They were Cleveland.
Speaker 5: They won Cleveland for one, Yeah, but no, before they even played Cleveland, I didn't think they had a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they had a shot. So, like I said, this might be this. We might have had.
Speaker 3: Injuries though who was who was my guy's name on Cleveland that was heard? I can't remember right now.
Speaker 2: Point God. Yeah, but I didn't think they were gonna have a shot. But I mean, y'all, this might.
Speaker 3: Be only two to one. Everybody relaxed.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think they was gonna win to one.
Speaker 15: They went to against the You're right, that's all I wanted to say. I can get back to this road.
Speaker 1: Yes, by the way, we're not comparing and yall, we're not comparing the Knicks to the Oklahoma City thunder Guys. Okay, Oklahoma City thun that have been the best team in the league all year.
Speaker 3: It's a seven game series.
Speaker 2: Cleveland has been the best team on the East, and they beat Cleveland.
Speaker 1: You heard they had injuries, Man, they had like injuries like who I cannot remember who was injured?
Speaker 3: It was a star player who was injured? Who may there.
Speaker 5: Is God exactly? Now we got the latest with Lauren coming up.
Speaker 2: What we talking about?
Speaker 21: Yes, we are going to talk about Ananda Lewis and we're going to take some time to send some love to her family and just reflect on her career.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club, Come morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren becoming a straight fast She gets them from somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on the.
Speaker 22: Law.
Speaker 9: The latest with Lauren la Rosa some time.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have details. Sometimes she had a little bit every time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the ladies on the Breakfast Club talk to me.
Speaker 21: So we want to take some time this morning to send some love to Ananda Lewis's family. She passed away yesterday after a battle with breast cancer. The news was announced by her sister via her sister's Facebook Andanda Lewis. For those who may not know, Trailblazing TV host, model Howard University graduate, she was an advocate. She with BT's Teens Smmon in nineteen ninety five, MTVTRL and Hot Zone in ninety seven. She also did her own syndicated daytime talk show in two thousand and one day Andy Lewis Show, and then she worked for a bunch of other outlets, including ET. She was crowned Hip Hop Generations It Girl back in ninety nine by the New York Times. And she's been very vocal about her battle with breast cancer. So she spoke to ABC just about you know, her legacy and how she wanted to be remembered.
Speaker 4: Let's taick a listen.
Speaker 16: What is it that you hope people say about you people remember about you?
Speaker 8: Maybe that I loved hard and lived loud and didn't back away from problems and loved this life and was okay with letting it go too.
Speaker 3: So sad, very sad.
Speaker 9: Yea.
Speaker 1: The most tragic thing about that story is reading how she regretted how she chose to handle her her initial diagnosis. Yes, and she says she didn't get regular mammograms and she wanted to do alternative methods when she got diagnosed.
Speaker 21: And yeah, and we actually had that clip she that was in the same ABC interview where she talked about her experience with mammograms.
Speaker 4: Let's say a listen to that.
Speaker 16: I wanted to share what was happening to me because I saw places I could have done better.
Speaker 2: I really do believe that everything is working for my good.
Speaker 16: I know by forty seven, I should have had my first mammogram, right, And I didn't do that because I saw my mom do it for thirty years and she still ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer. I didn't have the understanding then that I had now, So I, you know, did the best I could with the information I had at the time, and now that's changed. But that's also one of the reasons I decided to share. Wanted other women who were avoiding mammograms to despite the bullet and go get.
Speaker 3: It, yes, especially if you got a history of it in your family, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. I actually started.
Speaker 21: I started early with like full body skins and mammigrams because of the history of my family. But I will say for a lot of people, when you see it in real time, like you see it happen to someone else, it does make your way of thinking about treatment or other things very like your own experience. I don't think people understand it until you actually go through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of misinformation online or maybe it's true information. I have no idea, but I know when Gia went and she got her mammogram, and she posted about it and talked about the experience. There was a lot of people in the comments that were saying, don't get a mammogram. Mammogram makes the cancer come faster, and this, that and the other, and a lot of people were saying that. So people believe that as well. But you know, Pat, we always say go to the doctor, get checked out. You'd rather know what happens and be able to try to figure it out before it's too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of these things are preventable. And I don't care if people call you a hypochondriac. I don't care if people tell you that you bug it. Take your ass to the doctors. Don't listen to TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yes, one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 21: So I do want to mention that the day that Ananda passed away was her son, Langston's graduation from middle school, so it is of course a bittersweet day for their family.
Speaker 4: That is what her sister told TMZ.
Speaker 21: But they also talked about you know, she was surrounded by her family at her home when this happened, and they've already begun planning a memorial for her. In the next few weeks, and her family says that they've received an outpouring of love, especially from celebrities who she's encountered and the encountered in her career who already are telling her family they want to speak during her memorial about how she influenced their careers and how she handled their interviews with them so well during their careers, which ultimately helped them.
Speaker 1: So she's one of those ones who influenced so many but didn't get her just due. And I think it's because there was no there was no social media back then, so it didn't amplify what it was that she was doing, and it didn't preserve a lot of those moments for this generation to go back and watch.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I think you got to go down a rabbit hole on like YouTube to see Ananda's like clips, but also to what I my biggest thing with watching her when I did get to see her, like when people would like replose clips and stuff like that, her look and just how she carried herself even in her said down interviews, and she had huge interviews, but she was always like the same in every single interview, but.
Speaker 4: She was talk when they were saying was gonna be the next over.
Speaker 21: I mean it was daytime syndicated, syndicated talk to her.
Speaker 4: That's a huge shot.
Speaker 3: Yes, before the Windy's right there like he was on the Radio.
Speaker 4: One show two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Yes, they was sinking she was gonna be the next open.
Speaker 21: Well sending her family love. I know that you know they need it right now, and just wanted to take some time to say rest in peace to her herself, I remember her.
Speaker 4: And a lighter news update.
Speaker 21: Remember we talked about Deon Sanders coach prime, so he has posted and on his Twitter just thanking everybody for the outpouring of love that he received and wanted to let us know that he's doing well. So he said, Wow, I am truly blessed by the abundance of well wishes for all the thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 21: I can assure you all everything is okay and will continue to be. So God got me like no other. I have so much more work to do to glorify God, so please believe God got me. I'm excited to get back to Colorado, to be at home with my staff team and all associated to our program. When we arrived back to Boulder. You will be updated on everything until then. I'm coming baby, hashtag coach Prime.
Speaker 3: Luther Prin definitely sending him healing in and Jay.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's it for the first hour.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Now when we come back, we got front page news, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, wapaol. You're like into the breakfast club. Morning everybody, as Teach Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: Last night NBA, the Paces beat the OKC one sixteen one oh seven.
Speaker 2: The Paces lead the series to one. What's up Morgan?
Speaker 17: Hey y'all.
Speaker 10: Hey, So, as previously mentioned in Last Hour, Elon Musk is walking back what he said about President Donald Trump, saying that he went too far.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 10: This follows the war of words with the President on social media last week, which started with his opposition to Trump's massive spending bill and culminated with him claiming that Trump was mentioned in the Epstein files.
Speaker 4: Musk later deleted the post.
Speaker 10: Now, Musk is saying that he has regrets, uh and that he regrets some of the posts he made about Trump and wrote on x This yesterday morning that they went too far.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think about that.
Speaker 1: I still don't believe any of his few I think it was all wrestling. I still believe that. You know, Elon's companies were suffering, and you know, they wanted to do something to try to get him in good standing, and it still didn't work because I think he said he it's like one hundred and fifty two billion dollars Tesla.
Speaker 3: Stock on the same day that it happened.
Speaker 1: But when you think about all the other things that can come from this, like you know, they're talking about building a Golden Dome. They's gonna get that contract. You know, they're still going to be giving them government contracts with space. I think I just think it was all I really think it was all wrestling.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 1: I think the only way Elon's gonna really save his companies is to step down.
Speaker 4: Interesting take all right, let's switch gears to LA.
Speaker 10: The White House says the anti ice protests in Los Angeles are aimed at American culture and society. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said California is being led by Democrat radicals. She accused La may Or Karen Bass of engaging in a campaign of lies, blaming President Trump and law enforcement officers for the violence, and slams California Governor Gavin Newsom's response to the protests.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to Press Secretary Caroline Lolevit.
Speaker 12: These attacks were aimed not just at law enforcement, but at American culture and society itself. Rioters burned American flags, chanted death to ice, and spray painted anti American slogans on buildings.
Speaker 2: Democrats like Governor.
Speaker 12: Gavin Newsom and Mayor Karen Basque shamefully failed to meet their sworn obligations to their citizens.
Speaker 4: They didn't have the courage to do.
Speaker 12: The right thing and protect law abiding Californians from rioters. That's why President Trump deployed the National Guard and mobilized marines.
Speaker 10: Lovit also warned cities attempting similar types of protests will not be successful. She added, President Trump will never allow mob rule, and he won't allow his mass deportation efforts to be deterred by left wing radicals.
Speaker 1: You know, the most interesting about this, Morgan is, you know, if you listen to people who actually live in Los Angeles, like who actually live in LA. They are saying the White House and media are hype in this situation. Up, they're saying, it's an isolated incident and it's nowhere near as bad as the media in White House of patraining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get into that.
Speaker 10: In fact, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass she declared a local emergency as anti ice protests stretched into its sixth day. Now, the interesting fact that you mentioned is that the the actual area seems to be about a one mile to two mile block radius in terms of, you know, the grand scheme of LA City and LA County. So Bass issued the eight pm to six am curfew on Tuesday for part of Downtown LA. Part of Downtown LA. The curfew covers a one to two mile square area where the majority of the violence of vandalism has taken place since Friday. It's expected to remain in place for at least the next several days. Now, Bass spoke about what led her to make the decision to issue a state of emergency and the curfew.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to her comments.
Speaker 20: Clearly, after the violence that took place last night, twenty three businesses looted, and just the extensive, widespread nature of the vandalism, we reached a tipping point and declared a state of emergency and called for the curfew.
Speaker 10: Now, California Governor Gavin Newsom, he says the state is increasing state and regional law enforcement to that region. Newsom says the effort is to, in his words, clean up Trump's mess amid protests that have turned at times. Let's take a listen to comments from California Governor Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 11: It is wrong to destroy other people's property and it is wrong to create the conditions that only exacerbate this. But Donald Trump, at the end of the day, is the sponsor of these conditions.
Speaker 10: So Newsom says he is working to send over eight hundred additional offers officers to Los Angeles to manage and help the situation and restore order.
Speaker 4: So dozens were arrested.
Speaker 10: Yesterday, LAPD officers issued another dispersal order after declaring unlawful assembly outside the downtown federal buildings.
Speaker 1: You know, like I always say, man, all humans, regardless of what your race is, your sexuality is, your agenda. You know, in this country, we just want some money in our pocket. And we want to feel safe. Sending the National Guard and the Marines into LA to deal with people protesting ICE rays that's not making folks feel safe. Like if you are going to be putting the military on people who are you know, assembling and protesting peacefully protesting, that's not going to make anybody feel safe, even if you're not out there.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't make you feel sick.
Speaker 4: But wait, there's more something to note.
Speaker 10: If ICE plans to deploy that ICE plans to deploy tactical units to locations across the country ahead of expected protests activity this weekend. That's according to a report from Fox News, so called special response teams will be deployed in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Northern Virginia, and possibly even Washington, d C. Similar teams, of course, were deployed in Los Angeles in recent days amid the anti ICE demonstrations.
Speaker 4: It's being called No King's Day.
Speaker 10: It's a protests are anticipated across the country Saturday, to coincide with the Trump administration's military parade marking President's birthday and also the Army's birthday. So keep that in mind if you're in one of those major cities and you plan to venture out.
Speaker 3: And please ice agents.
Speaker 1: Just don't forget who you have to, Okay, you after illegal immigrants, You after these people coming into America legally, you know, the ones that y'all told us are committing crimes. Like, you know, I don't think nobody is against the deportation of illegal immigran who are here committing crimes. Just go after the criminals, like, don't go after you know, people who are just trying to make it in this country, who are just trying to figure it out, like you know.
Speaker 3: That's that's I think that's the issue.
Speaker 1: The issue is, you know, people going to what are the things called the immigration court and getting locked up there, like people that are actually trying to go through the process and do the right thing and they're getting snatched up and the party.
Speaker 3: That's where the issue is. The issues are all right, y'all.
Speaker 10: So that's the for your front page news. I Morgan would follow me on socials at Morgan Media. For more news coverage, follow AP Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all so much.
Speaker 5: Now, when we come back, Rodney Jerkins will be joining us. We're gonna be kicking it with Rodney Jerkins and his new artist, John Keith. You know Rodney Jerkins producer extraordinary. He did everything from You Rock My World, from Michael Jackson, The Boy Is Mind, Brandy and Monica Say My Name, Destiny's Child, just to name a few.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to him next.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, The Breakfast Club, wanting everybody, dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. We got the o G, the icon, the legend. Rodney Jerkins celebrating thirty years of Dog Child. He's inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Congratulations. And he also brought his new artist, John Keith.
Speaker 9: How you feeling?
Speaker 2: First and foremost, I'm good, brood.
Speaker 3: You good, John Keith?
Speaker 1: No pressure. But Rodney has sold over five hundred million records worldwide. He's worked with Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Brandy, Justin Bieber, Syla, Sam Smith.
Speaker 15: Just the name of no pressure.
Speaker 3: No pressure.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how are you feeling? First? And four more?
Speaker 5: We got to get to you know, I like to bring when we have icons and legends like you, I like to start from the from the beginning. Now you from Atlantic City, from Atlantic City, and how did you get into music? What made you say I want to be a producer? And then being from Atlantic City, anybody from Atlantic City tell you it's very difficult to get out there.
Speaker 2: How did you get out there where people start heiring your beats and you started selling some stuff.
Speaker 9: My mom was a housekeeper.
Speaker 19: She would go and she would take other people's houses and she would hear these little kids playing piano or being taught. She was like, I need them. I need this guy to teach my son. So I'm five years old. I didn't want to play the piano, to be honest, but my dad had a house rule. You gotta play Cando live under this roof. All siblings play, we all play. I took the lessons, and probably when I was about ten to eleven, I discovered like I wanted to be a producer. I heard Michael Jackson's album and then I started kind of you know back in the day you read the credits.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 19: Someone that I really admired from Teddy Rowley on a lot of credits and I'm like, I want to do this. I needed to do this. So back in the day, there was a magazine called Black Beat, and I saw an interview and it said like it had like all the top producers, Pete Rock, you know, everybody, and they was like, we use the NPC to make the BEATBC sixty back then sixty. And I was like, I need this, I need this. I can't afford that. My dad borrowed twelve hundred dollars off his life shorts got the NPC for me.
Speaker 1: There we go on random question, how was it growing up in Atlantic City? Because I loved Atlantic City because my daughter does a lot of cheerleading competitions, and for some reason, when I go out there, I just get a good piece of mind, like I got go out there and writing all types of stuff.
Speaker 3: How was it growing up there as a child.
Speaker 19: It was hard because there was there was no outlet. There was no studios there, there was no outlet for music. So I had to get on New Jersey Transit, uh you know, taking that too and a half half an hour bus ride pretty much every other day just to try to get put on. But yeah, but let me tell you, I got discovered I got discovered by Teddy Riley at the Impact event.
Speaker 3: Where was that at Blank City?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Break that down?
Speaker 9: So he heard a demo that I produced.
Speaker 19: He wasn't really into the guy singing the demo, but he was like, Yo, this producer is dope. So the manager told me. I told my dad. I'm like, Dad, Teddy Riley heard it. We need to go see him. He's like, where's he at? I said, well, the credits say he's in Virginia Beach. So we got to go to Virginia Beach. My dad was like, that's like a six hour drive. Like whatever, let's go. So we hop in the car, we hop in the van, the church van because my dad's a pastor.
Speaker 9: How many church man?
Speaker 19: We go to Virginia Beach staying at Teddy Rally. We was in this parking lot probably for like half the day.
Speaker 5: Now for people that don't know Teddy Rally from Harlem, he built this huge studio in Virginia Beach and it was beautiful. Everybody worked there, from Pharrell to Bobby Brown to Michael Jackson.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 19: So we go there in the parking lot, we just waiting for him to show up, and then finally he shows up like six seven hours later, pull up on him. I'm like, I'm the kid that produced. I'm like literally fourteen years old. I'm like, you just heard my beat? He was like that was you and I was like yeah. He was like, come on, come in the studio resting system. And so now then I'm getting inducted at Teddy Rally's the one inducted.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: So where did the famous child come from? Where did you get that?
Speaker 19: I just, you know, it was really the name itself came from the style that I felt that I was created. I love dark minded chords. I was youthful, you know, I'm a young kids. So I kind of took those and played with it. But then I just started saying I didn't know that I was really one of the first ones, probably maybe the first one doing a producer. I didn't know it at the time because I was just like, I was just trying to brand myself.
Speaker 9: So it's like, how they gonna know who did the record? So I was like the child.
Speaker 19: I was saying child, and then what happened was the artist started to say it, so like Tony Braxton saying it, and then Whitney said it, and then Michael said, and then her said it. They just started saying so I was like, y, I ain't got to say it, no one to let them say it.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: Now I got to ask, now that you just glazed over Michael Jackson, talk about how you started working with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: How was that call? And how was he in the studio? Because you were actually in the studio with him.
Speaker 19: The greatest artists I've ever worked with, hands down, Like like, I ain't know what I was twenty one years old.
Speaker 9: He's talking about twenty one year old kid working with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: How did they call?
Speaker 9: How was that?
Speaker 3: How did he reach out?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 9: It called yo, this is real crazy. It called from a.
Speaker 19: Dream, but it happened. It happened from a dream. Oh, I was in my mom Did you say that?
Speaker 3: Before?
Speaker 19: I was in my mom and dad house on the couch, took a nap and I had a dream, literally had this dream that I was pulling up to this studio with glass windows and I saw Michael Jackson in the red shirt, that red shirt with the black pants in the window. I woke up from the dream, told my mother and father the dream. I just had the phone rings. Like ten minutes later, lady by the name of Carol beer Seger calls. You probably even know what that is. She wrote, that's what friends are four, it's the older lady whatever.
Speaker 9: She said.
Speaker 19: I had to save my name out at the time, my Desney's child. She goes, Ronnie, I love this song you have out. I wondered know if you would have to come to my house and work this week. And I was like, I didn't even know she was. She was like, I'm working with Michael Jackson. I was like where, She's like bell Air. I was like, I'm in Jersey, but I'm out. I'm going for real. I got on the plane and I stayed in a hotel until she called me. She called me on Thursday, four days later and was like, can you come to the house today. I'm like, yeah, I came. I kid you not man. I'm pulling up the driveway. I looked left. I see Michael Jackson in the window with the.
Speaker 4: Red shirt damn, staring out the.
Speaker 19: Window, just like just like the dreams. I was like, nobody, can't tell me God here.
Speaker 4: Real have you ever told him that? Did you tell him?
Speaker 19: Literally literally talking? I'm like you know he blaves and stuff like that. That that was how I was supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: Is that how you said it's.
Speaker 9: Supposed to my's voice is actually giving it. That's all supposed to you know.
Speaker 19: He little deeper than that, right, but it was true like it like like I just feel like God just went like he showed me exactly what I was going to be, so I can have the story to be able to tell him one day I was.
Speaker 9: Supposed to be.
Speaker 3: I want to say, envy.
Speaker 1: It's glossed over, not glazed, even though Michael Jackson deserves all the glazing because he's the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: It's glossed over. Jesus, it's razy.
Speaker 2: About working with m J.
Speaker 9: How was that amazing? Well?
Speaker 2: He worked me hard, bro, He's he's different.
Speaker 19: Like he'd be like he would call three four o'clock in the morning, be like can I hear hear what you're working on over the phone, And I'd be like, I'm actually not working right now. I'm actually trying to take a nap because I've been up for thirty hours. No, well, can you go in to the studio right now? Play like He's like that, so I get up and drive to the studio and playing. And Mike was so crazy with it that this was crazy. I was playing some on the phone. He'd be like, can you turn the high hats down three DB's and make sure they're pan to the left. And I'd be like really, He goes yes, and I would be bugging and out. The only thing I could think of, right, which is crazy, right. Michael Jackson was talked by Barry Gordy, Quincy Jones, Teddy Robber. So that school. I'm a part of that school now. But dude was he was incredible, bro like and a great person.
Speaker 9: Like you know.
Speaker 19: We used to bet. We used to bet DVDs. We play pool together and at DVDs. Bet DVDs. I used to bet him. He beat me because I scratch. And we go shopping right here, Virgin Music Store on Top Square.
Speaker 2: He would walk in there with you, he put.
Speaker 9: The disguise on. We went.
Speaker 19: We went there and I had to buy the DVDs. A lot of people don't know this.
Speaker 9: I took Michael to Rucord Park and the scut watched basketball.
Speaker 19: No one knows this. When we did Rock My World, Michael kept saying, we need to go to a club and test it out, and I was like, I was like, I got one better. I said, I'm gonna take this as spot called record Park, and I didn't let him get out of the car, but I just wanted him to feel the energy. So I went to the record park and I played the record and they was going crazy. They didn't know that Mike. The window was cracked the whole time. They didn't know Mike was in the car.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: We're still kicking it with producer Rodney Jerkins. He has his artist John Keith with him as well. Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: You know you talk about Michael Jackson, you worked with them, you worked with Whitney, you worked with Brandy Beyonce. What's something they all had in common in the studio that separated them from everybody else?
Speaker 9: Tenacity. You're talking about artists that focused on't.
Speaker 19: Make an album, which is another art form we've lost a little bit, right. It wasn't about like just the single, it was about like how to make a great a great album.
Speaker 9: I feel like a lot of them sometimes got caught up in trying.
Speaker 19: To compete with themselves, especially Michael, like he was overly trying to compete with himself.
Speaker 3: You never beat Thriller.
Speaker 9: That's how could you? You know what I mean? But he believed he would. If Michael was alive or was doing what he was doing in the streaming world, I believe he could have beat it. Really yeah, I believe he could have beat it.
Speaker 1: But you know what's interesting with an album like Thriller or any artists, what are you trying to beat? Are you trying to beat yourself? Are you just trying to be better musically? I would think you just would have want to be better musically.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 19: I think someone like Michael got obsessed with doing the numbers that he that he did was so high that he wasn't competing against anyone else anymore. Musically. It wasn't a race with Prince anymore. It wasn't He's like, I already beat you. Now I'm trying to beat me, right, And he would say, I think there's a day where I could do a billion cells. That lets me know that he's racing for that. He's racing for a number. And he had to because in his mind he was like, how do you stay hungry? How do you stay and when you're the greatst like, how do you get up for the fight? Like, you know, a lot of great fighters lose fights because they just can't get up for the fight anymore because they've done That's why you got to You got to give props to someone like a Floyd Mayweather. You gotta be like, yo, this dude stayed hungry, like no matter what. He was super competitive. He was super competitive with me, meaning like he would challenge me and tell me like, Yo, that produce over there, He's coming for you.
Speaker 9: He would tell me. Just like I'd be like, you crazy. You think he got a chance to get on this project? You out of your mind.
Speaker 4: That's how we talked.
Speaker 9: Y'all were here to story about jay Z doing the Summer Jam bringing Michael out.
Speaker 19: Heard stories he brought Michael Summer Jam that doesn't happen without me introduced them to Michael. Jay Z again, jay Z wants to meet Michael Jackson. So my man, Big Chuck, Big John, all of them calling me like, Yo, can you introduce Jay to Mike. I'm like, yeah, I didn't even know Ja yet. I'm like, yeah, I got him bring up to the studio. That was actually, that was the first time I seen Jay kind of in a just a very chill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, Yo, that's Michael Jackson.
Speaker 19: Yeah, like, this is Michael Jackson. I introduced him to Michael. He had a great conversation. We're talking. Next thing, you know. A couple months later he calls Michael to do summer jams, like he does it even fifty c. It was just I was introducing him to people that wanted to meet him, and that he wanted to meet. Mike was a diehard fifty fan at the time, like no other rapper mattered to Michael fifty and biggie, can.
Speaker 3: You imagine Michael Jackson wild in the what up gangster?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 5: Yes, look, yes, I could imagine that.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in I was going to ask you about this, but I want to ask you about it now. I'm interested in your visions.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: You just told the division you had about Michael, and I heard the vision you had about James.
Speaker 3: He has Michael or Whitney visited.
Speaker 19: You, and then when he used to sing with my dad's church in Pleasantville, New Jersey, a little church with fifty fifty people in it, called me up one day.
Speaker 3: I think a dream, but twenty your visions, Yeah, yeah, Wow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Michael for sure, Michael for sure you want to share.
Speaker 19: Not not as much Whitney, but like, but Michael for sure, just lie to just be like I'm back in the lab with Michael created. And the crazy thing is is when I've had that dream, which has happened a few times, it was something like musically incredible, and when I got up, I couldn't remember when what I was creating in the dream.
Speaker 9: It was like, whoa, it didn't sound like anything from here.
Speaker 2: He was talking about Whitney coming to your dad's church.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Like, so me and Whitney bonded when I worked with her, spiritually re bonded. And one day she just called me out the blue and she was just like, hey, what you're doing, dark child? Early in the early Sunday morning. I was like, slave o'clock in the morning, but you mean what am I doing? She goes, I want to go to church today, and I was like okay, and she's like, no, I want to go to your church. And I was like, my church is like two and a half hours from mind of New Jersey. She was like, I'm on my way and she pulled up to church. It's like she pulled up and she sang. She whispered in my ear. She was like, tell your daddy, don't want to sing. This is like nineteen ninety eight or nine. Wow and crazy. She sang, kilt it.
Speaker 9: But here.
Speaker 19: Three months before she passed away, she called me up. I ain't talked to her in like probably five years. She called me side, I need to see you. I said, what's up. She goes, we need to pray together. She's like, where you're at. I said, I'm at my studio in Hollywood. She goes, I'm on my way. She came all the way down from Newport Beach, wherever she was living at the time, literally came in the studio and next thing you know, it turned into like a church service in the studio just three months before she passed away. So we've always had that, like some of that type of connection.
Speaker 1: You know, we're all here conspiracy theories, like you know, they'd be like, oh, Bill Cosby was trying to buy NBC. Michael the only person I believe they really really tried the railroad like that, because of what he did with the publishing in the music industry.
Speaker 19: He talked about it all the time. He talked about it all the time. One thing I will say is that in the studio he would always talk about how he lived in a certain fear, and I used to always try to real him in a direction like, Yo, you only to post to fear. God, man can't don't. Shouldn't have you feeling like that. No man should have you living in that space. But he lived in that space a lot because he felt like he had something that was so valuable, which he did. He had something so value that people wanted.
Speaker 3: He owned like half of Sony ATV's publisher.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think what people have confused.
Speaker 19: I'm glad you said it that way, because I think people have confused the narrative. People for so long have said Michael owned the Beatles catalog.
Speaker 2: I heard that.
Speaker 19: Michael owned Sony ATV, which is Babyface, Mariah, the Beatles. Probably some of my catalog was in there. Yes, Like I mean, you got three giants right at the time, you had three giants and so on. He was pretty much the biggest out the three at that time, and they did a deal with him that you know forever, he felt that they want it back.
Speaker 5: And you think they threw all those cases at Michael because they wanted it back.
Speaker 9: I think it could have had something to do with it.
Speaker 19: I'm not gonna say exactly that, but it could have had something to do with it. But I believe none of it because I was around like all the time, and I knew the kind of person he was, So I'm like, they's really trying to kill his character. And he would say it like he'd be like, they just don't they just they just can't stand that I'm the greatest. He would literally say that. He would literally say that he just can't stand that I'm the greatest.
Speaker 2: How was his mind framed during that time?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like the culture, especially black people, supported him and loved him or did he feel like the world was turning against him?
Speaker 19: Now, I would say we started to surround him with that, like if you look, there was a period where I think he didn't feel that, and I felt like he was like, I need this right. So there were certain people that he started to reach out to to put their arms around him, and he started to feel that That's why he would do it a summer jam with jay Z. It was really like he knew, like, I need people to have my back of this. And then certain people did wrap their arms around him. And as things progress, the one thing I can tell you about Michael that I started to learn.
Speaker 9: Was his family was strong.
Speaker 19: Like his family like when they got together and wore all that white, they were in those white going into court each day. You saw that unity in a different type of light. You're like, oh yo, these Jackson's they not playing around with this. They unified and I think that helped them even though he was like probably going through it mentally weak and all of that. And it's tough when you know you pretty much own something that everybody damn man.
Speaker 4: So as all that, John Keith, what you got going on?
Speaker 23: That's ready to get to you yet, We're gonna get to you, but you got to sit here and we have an interview.
Speaker 4: I prefer that.
Speaker 9: I don't want to go after Michael.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Was still kicking it with Rodney Jerkins and his artist, John Keith.
Speaker 3: Did you see Beyonce be coming to Beyonce? We now know.
Speaker 19: From the first session, say my name was our first session and then you know we worked together again. And when I got to DejaVu with her and Jade, that's what I really knew. I saw the difference, right because in the group, in the group format, she still was in the group. If you really look at Destney should as a group. They never really showed her as the leader. You know how you're in certain groups and you know like that's the that's the leader. No, it was kind of trying to position them somewhat like a boys and men where they all could do their thing. But we saw the leadership qualities when we worked with it, right. But when I got to DejaVu Bro, I remember playing her the demo to Deja Food for first time. When the song went off, she was already telling me her visual for the visuals.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 19: So she was like, this is how I seeing that. I'm gonna paja on it, Like she was talking like this. She reminds me of so much of Michael was scary, Like at that time, it's like, Yo, she just came and she just came into her own like mic like she's now you know, I could just see the elevation of that, you know what I mean, like really quickly.
Speaker 2: Besides Whitney and Michael Jackson, who's one of your best artists to work with, Like the time and the fact that they're there all the time, they're gonna grind it out. They're amazing vocalist. Who is that next person, of course, besides BEYONCEA probably Brandy.
Speaker 9: I would think that.
Speaker 3: Take us into a session with Brandy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well well Brandy, it was.
Speaker 19: It was It was the regiment that she had that was interested, right, especially when I was doing Ever Say Never but Full Moon, Especially like she was playing tennis with Serena Williams before the session every day, right, which was interesting.
Speaker 9: I was crazy.
Speaker 2: Somebody stories.
Speaker 19: Yeah, she was practicing with Serena every day and she would come in the studio. Shout out to my man Paris Davis, because he was the an R like a real an R cat, right, and he had her. He was the one that said you need to be playing tennis, so he had her, had her playing tennis early in the morning, come in the studio. John can tell you as an artist, nowadays, artists can do song on one day. They done it in and out, a few hours, it's done. We was doing songs. It was taking us three four days. We really working on backgrounds just on one day. I remember with times when people, a lot of artists would actually be like yo, Rodney, please let me, I'm tired. I'm like, we ain't done, Like it's not right yet. Until we get this thing right, we're not done. Brandy was one of those artists that would go the full length and not complain about it. Michael would even sometimes complain, like riding, I'm getting horse like his vocal coach would call me Seth Ribs can be like, you're working. You're working them too hard, right, and you're working too hard and I'm like, yo, we're working on music, working on this song, bro, like what we do?
Speaker 2: How does that affect you now?
Speaker 5: With these new artists, right, because they're not staying in the studio that long hour too. So how do you still have that same conversation with a new artist to say, nah, I need you to come back, I need you to stay longer.
Speaker 2: It's not that happening.
Speaker 6: And then, like you said, you'll be like you used to be, like, look, we're not done. So when your artists stay there because they know the work and dedication is gonna make for great music, you tell one of these you know, new artists.
Speaker 19: That they don't even know what eight to ten hours, twelve hours? It was times. You know me personally, I stayed in the studio. People know, like I wouldn't leave. I'll be at two three days straight. People like after three four hours, they kind of like, Yo's to go to the music is worse. I don't know when that shift happened exactly. I think like maybe hip hop caused it, you know.
Speaker 9: What I mean?
Speaker 19: Or maybe when we hear stories of like when Lil Wayne says you, I'm working on this album from the hotel, it may have created a narrative like Yo, I don't need to go in the studio on the booth anymore.
Speaker 9: I could just do it like he did a record right out of his car.
Speaker 19: That's fired, like they you know, maybe that's happened like something something had to shift technology.
Speaker 2: Technology.
Speaker 1: So if a young producer came to you right now and it was like, how do I create on brand? How do I createmon Beyonce in this era?
Speaker 3: Is there a blueprint for that?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 19: Didn't Jay Z say like, if you made made a whole, make another whole. Ain't no blueprint, right, You just gotta work hard and put the effort. If that's something that you really want to try to do. I just think again, it goes back to you gotta study the craft right, and and and go hard and see what you can come up with. And and be patient because I think the thing is everybody wants to quit the quick thing right now tomorrow. We gotta be this tomorrow now like some self takes two, three, four years. You gotta be patient.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Did you feel disrespected when you heard just hilaris rendition of the Boy's Mind?
Speaker 9: No mind. I thought it was hilarious, but I thought it was give mean.
Speaker 2: Look, well all the all the two.
Speaker 9: Was set wrong. That's all I straight next time.
Speaker 2: All right, what was it one record that you were surprised took off the way that it was.
Speaker 19: It might have been that one the Boy's Mind. Yeah, because we were going through this battle when we did. When I was doing to Never Say Never project, you understand, I was a kid bro, So there was there was some people that didn't believe that I should do the whole album. Executive produced the whole album. I'm in there and I'm like, and I'm I'm young, but I'm super confident, Like y'all are tripping, like this is fire, and he was telling me this is crazy.
Speaker 9: They were telling me.
Speaker 19: At the end of the project, they were like, so yeah, we gotta go fly down Atlanta to work with JD to get a single. We gotta go. Then we're gonna do wid cleft to get a single. I was like, in the studio you kind of feel disrespected, especially when you've done like nine songs. So you're trying to tell me we just did nine songs, and you're telling me I don't got the first single. And this is my body of work that I'm putting my any and I don't got the first single.
Speaker 9: I swear on everything I level.
Speaker 19: I packed my bags up and went home from LA I went back to went back to Jersey, and I said, y'all figure it out, damn.
Speaker 9: And then they called back and was like, oh wait, wait, wait wait. I was like, y'all a trip we got sing was left and right? Just put them things out.
Speaker 3: What had you you recorded already? What was some of the ones you recorded already?
Speaker 19: Top of the World with Maceo The Boy's Mind, which was early early on in the project. I mean, we had Angel in the Sky, we had I had did pretty much everything.
Speaker 2: How did the Boy's Mind? Was that your idea? And how did that come about? How did the Boy's minds?
Speaker 19: Funny I was just again at my dad at my dad's house, and I was like playing this harp sound, and I was like, nobody use a harp sound in urban music. For when they used they used it one way. Chucky Thompson and different producers like Dave Hall back in the day and the Untouchables, they used the harp sound like it's called glitst like it would come down like a glist. I heard and I liked the sound of it. I was like, what if I made it like rhythmic? And I broke it up, like broken into rhythm. So I just started doing it in My dad came down with a little paper cord hes to always had a little taper colad like that's incredible. You gotta lay that, and then I laid it down. In Paris, Davis Brandy's A and R. He heard and we did it on We recorded on Brandy and he was like, Yo, what if we put Monica on this? And you know at that time, Monica and Brandy kind of didn't like each other. It was definitely it was definitely a few between the two. And I was like, Oh, that's never gonna happen. Knowing Brandy and knowing how that's never gonna happen. He's like, nah, I think it could happen, like if I get you on the phone with Dallas Austin and I was like all right, And then next thing, you know, it started to shape. And even when it came out, here's the thing, I wasn't surprised that it was going to do well. I didn't know it was going to stay number one for that long. It's like thirteen fourteen weeks number one, Like we did sixteen million.
Speaker 9: Albums sold on that project.
Speaker 19: So like those type of things for my first my second album was at the Guena time, but my second album that I produced executive producer.
Speaker 9: To do those numbers was kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy back then, right like nowadays, people manufactured the drama, didn't try to do the music with that record. It was the song, the music, And then people started speculating about the drama after the fact, like they're really a boy that they arguing over.
Speaker 3: We know that they got beef with each other, so that's and plus the video.
Speaker 19: Think about them doing the tour, right, they're about to do a tour together, talking about like just why did they do a tour together?
Speaker 9: Fifteen years ago, right, you know what I mean, but you know it's time of everything.
Speaker 19: I get it, But like dag like man, imagine them doing the tour together fifteen that would.
Speaker 4: Have been crazy, but it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: Though they didn't get along.
Speaker 2: They're still kicking it with producer Rodney Jerkins. He has his artist John Keith with him as well.
Speaker 1: Because they have an artist you worked with who completely surprised you in the move like somebody whose talent is hit different when they got on the mic.
Speaker 9: I think, I think I think scissors underestimated.
Speaker 19: Like like I think sometimes like artists will vocalize based on what's hot, on what's going on, when there's so much more there. They're just not giving it because they don't have to, right, I think there's a lot more there, Like a lot of a lot of times when I work with says, A lot of times I actually would get some brandy out of it.
Speaker 9: I'd be like, m look like some of the some of the stuff she done, like some Brandy might have would have done.
Speaker 4: But then yeah, it's just.
Speaker 19: Certain little things, just little nuances that I'm like, oh that's something, But I don't know that she fully even yet knows that she can even go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It's one of those people that the more she does the work personally, like they improve her mental and emotional well being.
Speaker 3: It's gonna translate to the music.
Speaker 19: And the question is like, wells for me, this is what I believe. I just believe that don't happen unless you find God. And I'm not saying she don't know God or had an experience with guys, So don't get that part twisted. But I believe like in order for us to mentally be at our best is when we know God, right, because the Bible says that he's not the author of confusion. So and you got to have a sober mind, right, your mind got to be on point. And that only comes from an understand a real understanding, a real relationship. I think people have twisted the narrative too much of religious. Oh that's religious. Well, I ain't got nothing to do with nothing. It's relationship, Like, what's your relationship? Like I have a great relationship with my four kids, right, I got two boys, two girls. I have a great relationship. I'm their father. I have a father, a heavenly father. I have a great relationship with it ain't religious. It's just like I know how to talk to him and I hear him speak to me as simple as that. So I feel like when you have that relationship, it creates clear path for the things that you create and the things that you want to do.
Speaker 1: Can you work with an artist if you don't see God in them?
Speaker 9: Right now? It's different from me.
Speaker 19: There was a time where like I would have been straddling in that fence over and over again because I didn't look at I didn't look at it for what it was. And I think over the last two years there's been a new birth that happened, like I get it now.
Speaker 9: I get it now.
Speaker 19: When Jesus told Nicod Demons, he said, you gotta be born again, I get it now, like and even Nicode's like, what born again?
Speaker 9: What you mean that? What you mean like I.
Speaker 19: Thought the wound born that got had it happened? No, like born again in your spirit, like you have to be born again. And so there's a lot of times people will call me all the time, yo, I want you. I just got I could show you. I just got a call again in the studio what an artist? And I was like, I can't do that. I can't do it. Why it's just, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not why I'm mad.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 19: What I can do and what I will continue to do is speak what I believe is true. So I had a artist one time. I had someone call me recently about the artists coming to my studio and I said, when they leave, I mean, if I do a record with them, it might not be the record they expect to do.
Speaker 9: They're like what.
Speaker 19: I was like, yeah, I guess real over here And I said, they said, well, how real is I said, well, every two weeks we do a thing called Worship Alive at my studio where we have kind of church in the studio and you experienced it then, like you do that, I'm like, yeah, I guess really real.
Speaker 9: Like I want to. I want to.
Speaker 19: See people changed, and you can't see people change unless you change. And I'm a work in progress. I'm a work in progress. We all are, right, we all work in progress. We send daily so you know. So, but I do. I believe that there's I believe that there's hope for people. I believe I want to see I want to see people's relationships for them with their father, with their creator.
Speaker 1: So are you a I guess a faithful artist because I know the Aliens Alive is a faith label.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm a Christian artist.
Speaker 9: I mean I was raising a church.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 22: My my my father is he's a pastor now, but you know that's kind of new, but he's he's always been in some kind of leadership in the church. But even like you know, for me, like I only I got I got no hobbies. I do music, and I'm like, I'm a Bible nerd.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 22: I don't I don't I don't do sports, I don't do I don't do video games.
Speaker 2: Like that's it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, proudly probably Christian.
Speaker 2: What did you see in John that said I want to work with him? I think he wanted to kill himself.
Speaker 19: When you get to a vulnerable state in your music, sometimes people it goes over with people's heads. And when I heard some of the things that he was saying, I was like, WHOA, Like he's special, like this, this this dude right here is special. Special. He just needs the right team with him, and and he keeps getting better. He's not just a he's not just a rapper singer like musicians does all his music produce everything over.
Speaker 9: Nine like he's a beast.
Speaker 19: But but I knew I heard his heart in his music and I heard something that could that was that could penetrate the youth differently. My man John Key June twenty seven, got this project coming out and I'm super excited about his project.
Speaker 2: Let don't get a song onto.
Speaker 3: This morning to a lot of you know Miles minute.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they got a while album.
Speaker 1: Dad, he put me on the Miles a while ago, and now like he ain't even the funny thing.
Speaker 3: He didn't even tell me that Miles was a faith based artist. Yeah, he just said you listen to this.
Speaker 22: Yeah, is a big advocate of just you know what I'm saying, putting in frontuse you know people got ah, there's a stigma about Christian artists. You know what I'm saying, that they're a certain way that they they got to sound a certain way. And so like when when you you hear people that sound like Miles or sound like me, or sound like Indie tribe or nobody whatever, you know what I'm saying, Like, uh, they're like, oh wait, hold up, this is Christian it's like, oh yeah, bro.
Speaker 2: Everything label You're like, dang, I didn't know it was like that.
Speaker 22: Because the thing is, it's like those of us who do it well are not on a mission to make a genre of Christian music. We're just making music and we're Christians, so we're not gonna rap or sing about stuff that's not our life, you know what I'm saying. So like, but that's also why, like you know what he what he said, Like in my music, I'm always I'm gonna tell you like, yeah, I was struggling with, you know, the thoughts to take my life since I was eleven years old.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna talk about that.
Speaker 22: And it's not gonna be the happy rainbows and sunshine, yo.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 22: When you get life with Jesus, everything is just good and it's like, nah, like let's talk about real life because people live real life and you know they don't they don't understand what what.
Speaker 2: What life with Jesus?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 22: So it's like we've we fall in love, you know what I'm saying, We get angry. We I'm saying like there's a there's all kinds of stuff that goes on, and it's like, you know what I'm saying, if you making music that's Christian music and it's only uh worship, and it's like, well, if I'm you know what I'm saying, If if I want to listen to love songs, then I got to go listen to the wildness that's out there right now. I'm saying debauchery or whatever, because ain't no love songs that like can still be about what I'm saying, a person loving another person, but from a point of view someone who who understands that these things are echoes of God, you know, And so yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 22: But yeah, me and Miles just just did something and then uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's play a recordd what you want to hear.
Speaker 9: For me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Oh man, I don't know what that's out. Put a record that's on the Okay, we do Club.
Speaker 19: It's a song with him and Miles minute yea from the West Indies project called Club.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We'll get into it now. But now we got closed out with a prayer.
Speaker 22: Brother man, Hey, what's up God? And I'm playing Father, We thank you for this time? Just uh you know, being able to sit down and talk talk about things that you know concern you, because it all concerns you, father.
Speaker 4: So we just thank you for that.
Speaker 9: We thank you for uh, you know, with hearts.
Speaker 22: Just asked that you would uh plant any seeds that that you you know, wanted to plant during this conversation, and that yeah, you would just be present with this the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Name of Jesus Amen Rodney Jins, the Legend MA. Congratulations again. Songwriters Hall of.
Speaker 2: Fame, John Keith Rodney Jerkins. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: This is a miracle.
Speaker 12: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 15: To the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 2: Now the new developments in the deathly spatshooting rampage.
Speaker 3: And it was a really bad day for him and this is.
Speaker 10: What he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Okay, White supremacist violence it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 9: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club, bitches.
Speaker 19: Schny, please tell me why was I your.
Speaker 1: Donkey of the day. Donkey today for Thursday, June twelve, little Duval's born day, dropping a clue bump for little Duval.
Speaker 3: Yes, but we are not living.
Speaker 1: Our best lives right now, Okay, because Donkey to Day is going to the Director of National Intelligence, Tosy Gabbert, or maybe Donkey to Day should go to corporate media, or maybe Donkey to Day should go to we the people, for being so preoccupied with things that have zero impact on our lives that we don't pay attention.
Speaker 3: To all the grave dangers that are right.
Speaker 1: Under our noses. Okay, if ignorance is bliss, I don't know why everybody isn't more happy because I described to be optimistic. I grew up on the sounds of blackness. Baby, as long as you keep your head to the sky. But we also got to be realistic about the things that are going on in the world. And yesterday, while you were busy watching AI videos of Gorilla's hosting podcasts talking about fighting one hundred men, the Director of National Intelligence Tolsy Gabbert, was releasing a video.
Speaker 3: Warning us of nuclear annihilation. I'm not making any of this up. Let's listen.
Speaker 13: So as we stand here today closer to the brink of nuclear annihilation than ever. Four political elite and warmongers are carelessly fomenting fear intensions between nuclear powers.
Speaker 2: So it's up to us.
Speaker 13: The people to speak up and demand an end to this madness. What we must reject this past to nuclear war and work twitter world where no one has to live in fear of a nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 3: Am I the only person that finds this unusual?
Speaker 1: Am I the only person who saw this video and first had to determine if it was AI or not, But then once I realized it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 1: It came from her Twitter account and all the so called reputable news sources, the ABC News and MSNBC Bloomberg Political NBC News. Everybody was posting about it. But after I watched it, I was left sitting there scratching my head, wondering why was that just released on Twitter?
Speaker 3: Toci.
Speaker 1: You can't just post that like it's a regular real and walk away.
Speaker 3: This is how my algorithm is set up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a video of a black man sitting car with the caption in the nineties, they had us thinking Little Kim was the biggest freaking bad boy whole time.
Speaker 3: It was Diddy right.
Speaker 1: Then another video of Cosa not trying to help Drews ski high at Kiki Palmer. Then a post from Tyler Perris and he made more black millionaires than any other studio in Hollywood from the BET Awards. Then a video of Pasta Torre Roberts working out in the gym. Then a video of Lauren Loroosso walking around and just stockings and the Steve Harvey Blazer. Then boom, TOCI telling us we all gonna die. I understand social media is the new way to communicate, but did government officials some messages got to be packaged a different way. You can't drop this on the timeline and just walk off, Tocy. Okay, you are the director of National Intelligence. You know things that we don't know. We have watched all these billionaires, from Mark Zuckerberg, the Bill Gates to Larry Ellison all build these underground bunkers.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been.
Speaker 1: Reading the bottom for years building these luxurious underground bunkers, and they're doing it as a form of apocalyptic insurance. And here you got TOCI put a three minute and thirty one secon video on Twitter. I only played y'all about fifty one seconds with the video is like three point thirty and she's telling us that political elite and warmongers are carelessly fomenting fear intentions between nuclear powers.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know what the definition of fot minting was.
Speaker 3: I had to look it up. Okay, Tozy, why are you using big words.
Speaker 1: At a time like this, And for those who want to know, full menting means instigating stirring things up, Tosi, just say that. Okay, political elite and warmongers are instigating and stirring things up, and they don't care because they have access to nuclear shelters for themselves and for their families. Okay, Toci, I know I'm stupid. Okay, I tell y'all all the time. I'm not the highest graded weed in the dispensary, nor am I the strongest avenger.
Speaker 3: But correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't you the political elite?
Speaker 1: You are the director of National Intelligence, okay, the principal advisor to the President, the principal advisors to the National Security Council and Homeland Security. So you should be telling all, well the other political elite people. You should be telling them and all the warmongers to stop stop instigating whatever has us on the brink of nuclear annihilation.
Speaker 3: Play the clip again, rad Please play it again one time for me, he says.
Speaker 13: We stand here today closer to the brink of nuclear annihilation than ever before. Political elite and warmongers are carelessly fomenting fear intentions between nuclear powers. So it's up to us, the people, huh, to speak up and demand an end to this madness. We must reject this past to nuclear war and work toward a world where no one has to live in fear of a nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 1: To to Tosy, you're the director of National Intelligence. The reason I'm giving you donkey of today is because what are we the people supposed to do with this information?
Speaker 3: Okay? See, this is what I'll be talking about.
Speaker 1: Government officials have one job when it comes to the American people, put money in our pocket and make us feel we are supposed to be out here living our best life while y'all handle stuff like threats to nuclear nuclear war. But yet we got the Director of National Intelligence telling us that we need to speak.
Speaker 3: Up and demand an end to this madness.
Speaker 1: Tozy nuclear war is too serious for a tweet and a call to action, Okay, a video on x and a call to action for we the people to just say stop. That's all it takes is for us to reject this path, the nuclear war, and work toward the world where no one has to live in fear of a nuclear holocaust. Well, TOTSI, I can assure you none of us want that. Okay, we don't have to reject it. We never wanted it to be an option in the first place. But I guess you know now it is, and you want us to fix it. Please give Tosi Gabbert, the Director of National Intelligence, the biggest he huffed, Tosi, I need you on somebody's TV network this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to explain this. Tell us what you know. Okay.
Speaker 1: If someone is planning to let a nuke fly, it is your job to tell the world. Don't give us half the information. Tell us what's going on.
Speaker 15: Damn it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Give us time to repent for our sins. Okay.
Speaker 1: People want to get baptized. Give me time to make peace with some people.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Laura la Rossa gotta get the pants for the rest of the outfit. She want to bet awards. Okay, you can't just walk up to me toasty and say you're gonna die and walk away.
Speaker 3: No excuse me, ma'am, I got some questions.
Speaker 2: She said. All we have to say is stop.
Speaker 4: Just stop. The hell does Laura Lea Rosa not having on no pins? That's what awards have to do with this.
Speaker 2: See, that's the problem. That's all she caught. She only caught. She didn't catch the nuke. I't die, She ain't cat to stop, she ain't catch the About that, it's over all she caught was Laurna Ross didn't have any pants on it.
Speaker 6: He's supposed to be this is a teachable moment. You're supposed to be teaching us that it was a public service announcement of big announcement, right because still think about Lauren not having on no dam pants.
Speaker 4: List and we just got threatened with the nukes.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't need a new but we do need a missile to hit her closet.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 2: Tell you know what I'm not telling.
Speaker 6: So she can have nothing else, but she just start a new.
Speaker 4: Stut the Romeo Hunt I cannot who that is.
Speaker 6: That is the designer that she wears all the time, the black owned designer very much.
Speaker 1: Giving shut up all right, thank you dunk. Today he built the roof. He didn't give her a foundation. And you can't build a house with just the roof. You got to start with the foundation first, Romeo. Next time foundation pants in the roof. Boom, everybody wins. Alright, alright, alright, salute the law La Rode. So now, Charloman, thank you for that donk of the day.
Speaker 5: Next, just fix my mess eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. If you have relationship issues or problems, jess to help your call up right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Baby, it's a real toal help me, help me.
Speaker 4: I'm all up in your mess.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious, charlamagnea god.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess alone. Put your phone on, take it off bluetooth and speak of please.
Speaker 14: Sure Hello for.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 7: This is s Tiffany.
Speaker 4: Hi, what's wrong girl?
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 7: So I have a boyfriend that I've been dating for about two years and I feel like he's insecure. He calls me in the morning when I wake up, asking me and I getting ready for work. I'm like, I'm getting ready on my way to work. You want to talk to me doing work?
Speaker 17: He's calling me.
Speaker 14: He's telling me to call me when you get.
Speaker 7: Off a word, Okay, I'll call him.
Speaker 4: I'm off.
Speaker 14: You like, call me when you get home.
Speaker 4: I made it home.
Speaker 15: Call me before you go to bed.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I don't have to talk to you ten times out.
Speaker 4: The day now, ah, y'all longest? Why I don't see each other?
Speaker 7: No, we don't see each other. This is what I'm saying. I see him and I'm like, do we have to talk this much?
Speaker 6: No, listen, I'm I understand both ways that I understand him, because look, it's like you my girl, I want to know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Every movie may sound a little creepish, but it's like, yeah, you're the person. If we don't live together, I'm definitely I want to keep that that line of communication open. He and just maybe really in love with his girl. And I understand your side too. It's like, God, damn, I eat sleep, breathe you like, it's like, give me I still have to have a life myself, right absolutely, and I don't want everything to be my boyfriend, my man, my man, my man. Have you talked to him about this though, Like have you said, like, babe, I feel like this should be a compromise, Like Yo, all right, maybe not the whole day, but I'll call you when I when I wake up in the morning, and I'll call you when I get off of work, and then we can talk at night before I go to bed.
Speaker 4: Like are you.
Speaker 7: I say that all the time he gets offended, like he being his feelings, like oh really, like you don't want to I'm like, it's not that I don't want to spalk to you like I want. I'm listening to the breakfast outher in the morning on my.
Speaker 3: Way to work.
Speaker 6: I do think it is something that may have happened to him before in one of his previous relationships where you know what I mean, It wasn't his communication wasn't always like that. He may have not he may not have had access to one of his exes, and sure he was doing something messing around or something like that. He don't want that to be the case, head, But you can't pay for that, So I don't know. You can't keep on talking to him all day every day. You either gonna have to leave this man alone or you're gonna really have to put those boundaries in place, Like, yo, I'm not talking to you all day. It's just not gonna happen like that for me because then he's gonna run you away and then you're gonna start.
Speaker 17: But that's what's happening. That's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 4: Well, leave, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Is that a problem? No, that she don't want to talk to her man like that.
Speaker 4: That's not a problem.
Speaker 6: And the reason why it's not a problem is because you still have to have a life for yourself.
Speaker 4: That's how I am. When Chris is on the road.
Speaker 6: We don't have to talk all day. Yes today right right when we first got together, Yes, we were on the phone every day all day, you know. And then they get lonely in that truck they be wanting to drive. Well, I mean, you wanted to talk to somebody while they drive, and it passes time. But you still need to be like a little independent because it's going to come a time where I can't talk to you every day.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? Like, nah, right, and then what you're gonna do.
Speaker 6: You're gonna think I'm automatically doing something because we broke this pattern that's now a daily routine. Like, No, he has to be able to not not talk to you, right, I'm.
Speaker 7: Trying to get him to understand that, like we can have a healthy relationship without talking all day every.
Speaker 4: Day every day.
Speaker 2: Are you a loyal person?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: Like are you?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 7: I'm not anything I'm faithful to. It's just like sometimes I just me time and.
Speaker 4: And if he can't and if he can't respect that, then he ain't the one for you. I'm serious.
Speaker 6: If he can't get out of his own way or you know what I mean, like he he's just not the one for you.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: You just gotta protect your piece. You gotta have peace. Don't look at you when he's doing.
Speaker 1: That, Like just is absolutely right. My wife will tell me when she needs me time. Yeah, and sometimes you don't even have to say it. If you've been together long enough, you just know that's right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, that's not healthy. Bo Absolutely ye, thank you, no.
Speaker 2: Problem, Good luck, mama.
Speaker 1: Who to all the women out there dating truck drivers that let their truck driving husbands have me time.
Speaker 3: Man, the lot of lizards appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Who are you talking about, because no, that is not no, that's not even what's happening over You know a lot of lizards up in Chris truck.
Speaker 4: It ain't none of that.
Speaker 3: I wasn't talking about that.
Speaker 4: And her man is not even a truck driver.
Speaker 3: I was just shouting that truck driver. It was just random, had nothing to doing nothing.
Speaker 9: Who's this he is?
Speaker 17: Carry on?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? What's your question?
Speaker 3: Suggests?
Speaker 17: Hello? I was calling because my girlfriend she just don't support my music, your career. She telling me to choose the music or her.
Speaker 4: That she was she.
Speaker 6: Telling you to choose the music or her. How long have you been doing music.
Speaker 17: I've been doing music for about five years now.
Speaker 4: Five years. Okay, where are you from.
Speaker 17: I'm from Detroit, Mmm, spen Time.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Yeah, I don't want nothing too long.
Speaker 17: They call me them, I take them and I hang them. I really don't like black That's why I take him and I hang him. She said, I'm going crazy like Kanye. That's because I got girls from the West that do what I say.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, and that was free you freestyle that you ain't write that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the brain that style girls ugly. Why you say that you choosing these whack ass raps over his girl?
Speaker 4: No, that was just a freestyle.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure you soaund better than that.
Speaker 4: What's some of your written.
Speaker 17: Y'all put me on the spot.
Speaker 4: I know that's that's fine, and you and you delivered those three bars well basically no real music for you. All Right, listen this this is what's happened.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not, I'm not. This is what's happening, right, You ain't going nowhere with it?
Speaker 2: She probably like.
Speaker 15: Choose a little dirt.
Speaker 17: Please turn this off. I just want to hear a little dirt.
Speaker 6: Because we know dirt and Dirk Dirk Pin is crazy too. I mean, you know we we like to listen to Dirk.
Speaker 4: Is that's the.
Speaker 17: Thing chews up up.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe you got to leave her to pursue your career and then and and you got to make her.
Speaker 4: Believe it too.
Speaker 6: But the only way to do that is leave her alone and go and pursue the music, or you leave the music alone and pursue your girl. Because both it don't work. Because see that's probably why you haven't really blown yet because you you know, trash, yeah, but also you bad. You probably wouldn't be trash if you gave all your attention to your music.
Speaker 4: This man, I think this man, what happened? What he is saying?
Speaker 1: What he's saying? What's your girl Instagram? You said what what's your girl Instagram?
Speaker 9: I really got to see you, Charlotte.
Speaker 17: Man, you can't take my ball?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 3: You can't?
Speaker 6: You here rapping that's how they talk. You can't take my ball, like I don't want you in the game.
Speaker 3: I don't want your ball.
Speaker 4: Bro Okay, yeah give it up, bro, Yeah, you need to pick up a ball. Rapping is not is not? It? So getting don't do something.
Speaker 17: I'm only five six man, I can't.
Speaker 6: Hop all right, go learn the trade man, Yeah something. You gotta do something if you want your girl? Do you want your girl or do you want the music?
Speaker 20: Like?
Speaker 4: You gotta ask yourself that and proceed of.
Speaker 17: Course if you want both.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 4: The third guy is what you can hood need more welders man got.
Speaker 2: H motal engineers.
Speaker 3: A lot of king communities need we don't.
Speaker 15: That was just a freestyle.
Speaker 3: I can go ahead, eyebro.
Speaker 4: Then wondering why your girl wants you to choose either herd the music. It's like what you're not even good? Damn name freestyle and.
Speaker 1: Then you gotta be so mad when you say, I can't give this up for you? By what the young boy be like little little fine, she must be a little ugly.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got the ladies with Lauren. Don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club Morning. Everybody's Steve j n V jes Celary Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the ladies. Lauren, Lauren will coming on the street.
Speaker 9: Thing she gets the.
Speaker 2: From somebody that knows, somebody gets.
Speaker 4: D I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything, and she'd.
Speaker 3: Be having the latest on you.
Speaker 9: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Talk to me.
Speaker 21: Okay, guys, So yesterday I got a tip from Michelle shout out to at alien a block out of Atlanta that Porsche Williams one in divorce court a judge rule to enforce her prenup with her ex Simon will Badia.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Now that is a huge deal.
Speaker 21: Because they've been going back and forth over several things, including the home that she currently lives in, the car, the Rose Royce. So I reached out to another source close to the court to figure out, Okay, if she won and the judge going to enforce the prenup, what does that mean and what does she get? So I'm told that Porsche will get alimony which will be forty k per month for about fourteen to fifteen months. All her legal fees will be paid, She'll receive the Rose Royce that he brought. All her attorney fees will be covered ourselves. That already in the home. Right that the house has been a question. Now there's a little bit of clauses with the home, so there's one or two things that can happen. So Portia has from twenty twenty four, which is when they ended, to twenty twenty seven to decide whether she's going to stay in the home, and it's a seven million dollar home. In order to stay in the home, she's gonna have to refinance to basically buy Simon out of his portion because he does get fifty percent of the equity in the home, or she can sell the home. Now, the issue with the home and why it's been such a big conversation, from what I'm told, is that it was a pre marital property, so he actually bought the home with his own money Simon for what I'm told before they entered into the marriage. But at this point, she has these three years to figure out what she wants to do and stay in the home while she figures it out. And while she's in the home, he also Simon is responsible to cover all of the expenses, so mortgage, any expenses that come, is.
Speaker 2: The house paid off? Is it painingful or no?
Speaker 4: No, it's not painingful.
Speaker 21: So he has to cover all of the expenses while she is there. And I'm also told that Simon is exploring the options of an appeal. He has thirty days of foule this with the court.
Speaker 5: Now, Simon does none of that. What could happen to him because he can't come back to the country. It's not like they can bring him back and wrest him.
Speaker 4: Right, what do you mean by it? Does none of that?
Speaker 5: So if he says, you know what, I'm already you already supported me. I'm in Africa or I'm in Dubai. I ain't gonna do nothing of that because you can't arrest him.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean, like he's not gonna appeal for this home.
Speaker 5: No, meaning if he doesn't pay the mortgage, if he doesn't want to get none of that stuff that he's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be paying it.
Speaker 2: He just says, you know what, I'm out.
Speaker 21: I mean, he still legally would have to go through whatever the consequences for that is. And also too, he still has his defamation lawsuit on the other side with so he's still I mean, he ain't hiding, like he's still actively going through things, and he plans the appeal, so he aint about to hide, So he'd just have to deal with the consequence.
Speaker 1: All I know is Simon would give all that up to have American citizenship and that ice cream sandwich we call Capital peedback okay, a young honey bunt, that's what we call.
Speaker 6: Him, baby, right, Capital pe Okay, probably bit more than he could chew, and it was probably like that's a bite.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am going back home.
Speaker 21: Yes, And I'm told because I like, what was their vibe in court? I'm told they didn't even speak to each other directly. They just like the council speak to each other. And they could have if they wanted to. And they were in court all day nine thirty they were on zoom. Yes they were on zoom, but they could have done a breakout room on zoom if they wanted to have a conversation. They didn't though, nine thirty to seven o'clock PM. And as Simon walked away, piston damn.
Speaker 3: All the time was it in Africa?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It was time for him to get ready to pay that forty kid month.
Speaker 21: That's what I was So other news speaking to gh Dame Dash, a judge has ordered Dame Dash to hand over full ownership of several of his companies and film copyrights to pay off a debt from a lawsuit. Yes, so shout out to all hip hop dot com and Gratchi Greg who broke the story. So y'all remember we were talking about like the money that Dame Dashed old. There was a ton of different things, child support, There was a lawsuit between him and a filmmaker named Josh Webber, so the taxes and all that stuff. Remember they did the auction and they were trying to figure out how they want to pay each other. So a part of that was this filmmaker's lawsuit, and the auction went down, Dame Dash lost his one thurstake in Rockefeller, but this filmmaker was not paid. There wasn't enough money to cover the debt that Dame Dash allegedly owes to him. Right, so there's a little over eight hundred thousand dollars that is due, and a judge is basically saying that Dame has to give up several companies, including Dash Films, and copyrights of several movies including Honor Up and Too Honorable in order to get this paid.
Speaker 3: What about the network, the American new network that is.
Speaker 4: Not listed on here?
Speaker 21: It is Dash Films, Blue Rock LLC, Black Rock LLC, Interest in Lebanon LLC, Ocean's East Improvements LLC in nineteen ninety six songs. So unless that network is under one of these companies, but that wasn't specifically named in the document.
Speaker 1: Well, they're eight million dollar number I saw floating around. It was any eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Oh, I saw that too, but I thought I saw something else.
Speaker 21: But that's from Remember there was a huge amount of money old because of child support, because of this lawsuit like they're in taxes. Yes, that was aw combined, remember, but they tried to sell it off in the auction, but it was like first come first, not first come first, so they had to figure out the picking order of who was going to be paid what. This filmmaker was not paid for that because there was enough money to go around. So now they're asking for these companies, they're asking for the rights of these movies. And what they're going to do. Government is going to do is they're going to do another auction and they're trying to pay this man from this film with this auction and whatever is left over, we'll go back to Dame Dash. Now, Dame Dash has until June sixteenth to make the auction not happen by filing an objection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seen sixteen. He got until monday.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I've seen everybody laughing. And I would say that you don't laugh.
Speaker 3: Don't laugh, learn, don't laugh, learn right.
Speaker 2: And I told you guys years ago, Charlemagne and myself said a long time ago, entrepreneurship is amazing, right, but it's hard. But having a job is not a bad thing. Stability ain't a weakness.
Speaker 5: It could be a strategy so don't think if you have a job you can't be an entrepreneur as well. You can do both. Like I said, stability is not a weakness. It's a strategy to do the things that you want to do. And don't laugh for Dame Dash. You can learn from it.
Speaker 1: And I will say salute everybody who was motivated by the interview Dame Dash did up here on the Breakfast Club ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you talk about being your own boss and you talk about ownership.
Speaker 3: All those conversations are great, but Day never really gave.
Speaker 2: A blueprint to do it, you know, And I wonder for those who are inspired by that convo ten years ago, how do you feel now seeing the situation Dame is in or do you just take the message and not listening to the messenger, Because I think over the last decade there has been a lot of people who have told you how to do it correct.
Speaker 1: As opposed to just telling you to do it. It's one thing to say, be your own boss, put your job. You don't need to work for nobody. You know, your boss is your daddy, my son sells cookies. All of that is cool, but you know, you still have to give like a blueprint on how to do that. And I think over the last decade, we've seen these conversations of financial literacy grow in our communities and people have given you some blueprints.
Speaker 2: Great conversations.
Speaker 5: But like you said, it's if you don't know how, just you have to learn and sometimes being stable it's not a weakness, right, Getting your monthly check and having health insurance is not a weakness.
Speaker 2: It should be a strategy to get to where you need to be.
Speaker 1: Listening to people who actually have successful businesses, because you know, we have a genre of people who are making money telling people how to make money.
Speaker 3: But the thing can't be that can't be the business.
Speaker 2: But the thing is you You got to feel you got to know who's really doing it right, because we all thought Dan was really doing it.
Speaker 3: That's why I love you.
Speaker 5: See John O'Brien and you see things like it, Like when I seen TDed of a day and he was talking about you know what, I jumped on a spirit flight from me La to Vegas to get to the show.
Speaker 2: It only cost me ninety nine dollars. If I don't flu private, it would have been twelve thousand, got it?
Speaker 3: But he's smart with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, John Hol'brian, Don Peebles, Cheryl McKissick, Tyler Perry. I'm listening to people who actually have businesses, you know what I'm saying. Who can tell me how to build that hole? Yes, I don't like I tried. I didn't want to stay til a hole just because they're entertainer. That's why I said, Cheryl done.
Speaker 2: But a lot of them came from you. Like we've seen hole where he came from and what he's done. So Tyler the same. And I feel like that just a stab saying right now at the time like that. Oh, I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I didn't anything about the cookies.
Speaker 2: Yo, shut up, man.
Speaker 9: That is the latest.
Speaker 2: That is the latest with Laura and Hi.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we got the People's Choice mixed. Don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is the j Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: We got a salute to Rodney Jerkins for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Salute to Rodney Jerkins.
Speaker 1: Man dark Child, one of the super producers of our generation. He's getting inducted into the Songwriters Hall of.
Speaker 3: Fame, that's right.
Speaker 5: He also brought his artist John Keith with him as well. His new album comes out June twenty seventh, is called grow Wing. So salute to uh Rodney Jerkins Man. He produced so many records, man, so many records. Was from Michael Jackson to Whitney Houston to brand d a boogie with a hoodie.
Speaker 2: It was so many joys.
Speaker 6: And then he was so young doing all that. That's right, that's crazy. He young now, But I'm just saying he was so young. We're going to working with all the old legends like that, that's right.
Speaker 3: I forgot to ask him about the resurgence of that.
Speaker 1: To me, a song that everybody do, the line can't get.
Speaker 3: He produced that as well.
Speaker 2: Sure did oka't wait to see you guys.
Speaker 5: I think Atlantic City is almost so loud for Vib's cartel. I think they have like maybe twenty thirty tickets left. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. We've got an amazing time out there in Atlantic City. You're gonna be in Pittsburgh this week right now.
Speaker 6: I am gonna be in Pittsburgh tomorrow and on Saturday. Y'all can meet me at the mprov that shows are selling out, guys, I will be doing meet and greet the last show of each night. We got two shows tomorrow too, shows Saturday. Get your tickets right now with just Slarius Official dot com. Buffalo next week. I will be there Friday and Saturday. I'm coming right up the street y'all, so get y'all tickets Justlarrii's official dot com.
Speaker 4: Y'all can meet me at Helium then Monday.
Speaker 6: Monday June sixteenth, the More Love Foundation presents Dad's on the Green, so we're honoring fifty fathers and them all at the top golf.
Speaker 4: Make sure you come and get.
Speaker 6: Your drinks, food, giveaways, good music, and also shout out to Fort and Bank. Can't wait to see y'all fifty dads the day after Father's Day.
Speaker 2: There you go, now, Charlam Man, you got a positive note.
Speaker 1: I do have a positive note, and it's really simple. Man, learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Speaker 3: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club bitch
Speaker 9: Is you know I'm finished for y'all done,