Speaker 1: You know, Bet, I will say this seriously. I'm beginning to wonder whether we're about to have something inner popular culture, which is a new euphemism of oyster farming. You know, what is my scoundrel husband doing. Oh, he's oyster farming. I mean, this guy has a potential to like set a term that is going to last well beyond the main Senate race. And if Saturday Night Live actually did comedy, they would have an entire skin on oyster farming like it fries out voice.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben ferguson.
Speaker 3: Good Tuesday morning. It's nice to have you with us on the forty seven Morning Update. Many of you have asked me why exactly Grand Platner is such a controversial candidate.
Speaker 4: Well, in Maine, you.
Speaker 3: Need to know, especially what he's all about, and I hope all of you will share it. We've got a top list of the fourteen things you need to know about grand Platner. It's a forty seven Morning Update and it starts right now.
Speaker 4: Story number one.
Speaker 3: We're going to start with Maine's front running democrat, the US senicnic Graham Nazi tattoo Platner. Here's a man that Democrats have just completely been infatuated with, and the corporate media they love him. They don't care what he does, they don't care about his background, they don't care about his history, they don't care about the scandals until the last twenty four hours. Why for one reason, because he's a Democrat. And if you say you're a Democrat, you can do and be and just about anything you want. Right, you don't even have to know what a man is or what a woman is. The Democrats will stand by you. The more radical you actually are. The corporate media will also stand by you, unless the Democratic Party tells you that then we need to turn on him. We saw this happen in California with Eric Swalwell. Right, California love the guy, the Democratic Party love the guy. Then all of a sudden he might lose and a Republican might win. And what they do They used all of the dirt they knew about him, they protect him from, to then take him down. Well, we're now living in a world where that same media that created this individual, this Nazi tattoo guy, may actually look to destroy him or maybe not. Why because well, even the Obamas seem to be trying to help behind the scenes. Now, let's just go through the list, all right. If you look at the list of things that this individual has done, if Mike count is correct, now it's at fourteen different scandals, all right, So let's start with number one. And I hope, by the way, all of you will take this information, and I hope you will share it wherever you can. I hope that not only will you share it, but share the podcast, put it anywhere you can on social media.
Speaker 4: So let's start at number one.
Speaker 3: This is a guy who had tattooed on his chest a Nazi SS tattoo and he said that he didn't know what it was, but he had the tattoo for eighteen years. Now you may not know about Nazi SS and exactly what they did. Like you can almost go even further then, just like there's generic Nazis in Germany and then there's the SS.
Speaker 4: What did the SS do well?
Speaker 3: They were the major paramilitary organization under Hitler and the Nazi Party in Germany. And these were the guys that began as a small guard unit known as the Hall Security. They were made up of party volunteers. Then they got even worse. Right, They're like, all right, we start you there now. The SS was the foremost agency on security, mass surveillance, and state terrorism within Germany and Germany occupied Europe. What's even more interesting about the SS, all right, and how hardcore these guys were, is they were in charge of the concentration camps.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They were the ones that were referred to as the deaths head units.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: They ran the concentration camps, and then they ran the extermination camps. So if you want to be a Nazi, that's one thing you want to level up and say, oh no, no, I want to go pro with my tattoos. I don't just want to swatskad No, no, I want an SS tattoo.
Speaker 4: Then you are like, all right, well, here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm a concentration extermination camp kind of got. They were also tasked with detecting actual or potential enemies of Nazi Germany. They were in charge of neutralizing the oppression at all costs. And then they were also policing the German people and they would kill them if they thought you were getting out of line. They were committed to quote Nazi ideology and then providing domestic and foreign intelligence. Now the SS, and again I go back because I think it's important to understand why he chose this tattoo. The SS was the organization most responsible for the genocidal murder of an estimated six million Jews and millions of other victims during the holocausts Now, members of its branches not only committed war crimes and crimes against humanity during World War Two, we now know through history that the SS was also involved in commercial enterprises and exploited concentration camp inmates as their slave labors. They could even make cash off of them before they then exterminated them. Now, as after Nazi Germany's defeat, the SS and the Nazi Party were judged by the international military tribunals at Nuremberg.
Speaker 4: There's a great movie about it, you can go see it right now.
Speaker 3: And what we learn is the highest ranking surviving SS Main Department chief was found guilty of not only crimes against humanity at the Nuremberg trials, but he was also hanged in nineteen eighty six. So, if you're going to get a tattoo, and you decide to go with the SS insignia a tattoo instead of just you know the Nazi.
Speaker 4: You know, you know Swasika tattoo.
Speaker 3: You clearly understand that, you're like on another level of understanding what a Nazi is, right, And so this is the tattoo that he chose. Now, of course he lied. He's like, Oh, I didn't know what it was, are you kidding me? Of course you knew what it was, and that's why you got it. So that is the baseline for who he is. So let's move on to something else. We also know that he has an account on a what has been described by The New York Times a predator sex site called Kick.
Speaker 4: He's married, everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: But this site is a site that is for child exportation, underage sexual encounters, and child pornography.
Speaker 4: That is what's there. You can go read the New York Times on this.
Speaker 3: So not only do we have a Naziss death's head tattoo that he had for eighteen years, now he's like, oh, I'm going to get on this website that is a predator's safe haven for underage exploiting of children and child pornography. We then find out, no surprise, that there's explicit sexting or sex texts from with about a half a dozen women in twenty twenty three, after he got married about a year earlier. Moved past that real quick, disparage all black people as a population that doesn't tip. Yes, he actually has it on social media where he was out there and he was talking they saying that black people don't tip. That is what you refer to as racism. One oh one. The Democratic Party apparently has no problem within disparaging all black people as a population, saying that all black people don't tip. Number five, he blamed sexual assault victims for being sexually assaulted. Now you may look at that and you go, hold on a second, what do you actually mean by that? All right, you know what, it's a great question. Graham Platner says sexual assault victims should take some responsibility in Reddit post that he had throughout the years he made the disturbing comments about sexual assault victims. Where then, and of course, of course he deleted them right right before he launch his campaign. But we had the they had the data, They had them like it's there. We know it's there in a discussion. But what's interesting is he said that assault victims should take some responsibility for themselves to avoid attacks and act like an adult for effing's sake.
Speaker 4: He said people should.
Speaker 3: Avoid alcohols they don't end up in a compromising situation, and then downplay the challenges service members face and reporting sexual assault. So he's like, look, if you got raped in your chick and you got you and you drank, that's on you. And so I don't really care, and signed I guess, you know, Hale Hitler like, I guess that's how this works. Now, Now, these these comments came on the hills of a similar Reddit posts where that were uncovered, which included Platner saying people who live in rural Maine actually are racist and stupid. He also is promoting violent political actions, including saying an armed working class as a requirement for economic justice. He said, deeming all police bastards and f these cops. So now we found out he's against police. He was promoting racist stereotypes by questioning, quote, why don't black people tip quote unquote I mentioned that a moment ago, and then using slurs and telling people to f off and die when asked about a recent vote against a power line in Maine. Now, these are just some of the big things that he said online. So let's let's just, you know, move past that for a second. I'm going to go out in a limb and say, hey, if you started attacking or smearing or mocking the LGBTQIA plus plus plus population as a Democrat in Maine, like, that's got to get you in trouble, right like Scott to be apparently not today. Quote I find that stuff abhorrent. That is what Platner told The Advocate, and I'm sorry that I ever used it, referencing he and admitting he used indefensible anti gay slurs and his other Reddit posts. They even say in this Advocate dot com story, quote, a progressive US Senate candidate in Maine, who has already apologized for earlier misogynistic and racially insensitive remarks and said that he did not realize that tattoo in his chest resembled a Nazi SS emblem is again under scrutiny, this time for anti LGBTQ plus comments. In an interview on Wednesday afternoon, The Advocate Graham, a forty one year old Marine an Army veteran running in Main's Democratic primary, seeking to become the nominated challenge Republican US Inersusan Collins confirmed that he offered a series of Reddit comments and included homophobic slurs, anti LGBTQ plus jokes and sexually explicit stories denigrating gay men. The existence of the comments posted under the handle p Hustle between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty one, meaning he did this a lot. All Right I previously been reported on. The Advocate obtained the post independently this week. The revelation comes on the same day Platner are scheduled to hold the town hall in one part of the state, a seaside resort long known as New England's most prominent LGBTQ plus destinations featuring a thriving gay community and pride celebrations that draw visits from across the region.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 3: I have zero reason deny that the posts are mine, Platner said in a zoom interview. I made a lot of comments over the years and talked a lot of blank on the Internet. I have no reason to doubt that at some point I use language that I would not be using today. He paused and then added its indefensible. Now these posts that were obtained by The Advocate, all Right says they unearthed them and show a pattern of homophobic language and rhetoric that mocked and demeaned.
Speaker 4: The LGBTQ plus people.
Speaker 3: In some cases, Platner appeared to use slurs casually in discussions unrelated to sexuality. In others, he explicitly framed gay people as the punchline. In June twenty sixteen, Platner wrote in a thread about life on military guard duties, saying no, seriously flog the blankers as often as possible, write gay poetry about how gay your current job is. Congratulations, you made it through one shift. Now do it all again in twelve hours. Welcome to the world of standing posts, where sanity is a sliding scale quote unquote. In March twenty eighteen, two years later, he wasn't done. He recounted explicit detail. What he described is a quote gay off between Marines and British sailors and Bahrain pull into by Rain and seven at Amu, a Royal Navy submarine, happens to be imported at the same time. Before we even realize what's going on, the other weird blinkers just leaned down and licked the blank from the bottom of the blank all the way up to the blank stand up look dead at us and yelled beat that I probably withdrew our team on the grounds that one cannot play gay chicken if one is actually gay.
Speaker 4: This is what he wrote online.
Speaker 3: Now you would think that these explicit posts, and by the way, there's some in eighteen and nineteen and twenty and twenty one, and even in twenty twenty two the Advocate, which is obviously advocate advocating for gay lesbian communities.
Speaker 4: They write all this stuff.
Speaker 3: But apparently it was just to help him get it out there and we'll move on. So that doesn't even disqualify him from being the Democratic nominee.
Speaker 4: Number eight.
Speaker 3: He promoted an alleged Holocaust denier on social media. So not only is this guy wearing an SS tattoo right the death head tattoo and then claims it know what it is, but he also has a Holocaust denier, someone who believes the Holocaust never happened. On social media. He also and if you have kids ear muffs, all right, that's my warning. He actually bragged online about masturbating in public portapottis. Yes, those were his words. I'm sure he will tell you. Don't worry. I wouldn't say that. Now, are Democrats ashamed of this being their candidate. Nope, they're still standing by him even with the Porta Potti comments.
Speaker 4: So now like, surely that's it. Nope, that's not all Graham.
Speaker 3: Platner also mocked a purple Heart recipient as a dumb mfor who didn't deserve to live, and then double down on the comments when he was asked about it.
Speaker 4: So doesn't believe he did anything wrong.
Speaker 3: Doesn't think you that it's wrong to mock a purple Heart recipient and saying that the mffort didn't deserve to live.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: He also encourage military contractors to bang hookers in Thailand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, giving details that.
Speaker 3: You guys got to go out there and you know, you should just bang some of them hookers. Yes, he actually once lamented Thai prostitute loophol closing. The Democrat a candidate in Maine complained of a loophole that closing that permitted military contractors to have relations with Thailand prostitutes under the name p Ussel.
Speaker 4: The Democratic candidate.
Speaker 3: Platner reportedly wrote on a Reddit post in June of nineteen the military contactors could spend their time banging hookers in Thailand instead of getting blanked.
Speaker 4: At the wife back by the wife.
Speaker 3: Back home, spending your lead banging hookers in Thailand instead of getting bhstat by the wife at home, and you could sell it as avoiding federal income tax.
Speaker 4: Platner wrote.
Speaker 3: Once the Afghan start using our paychecks as a personal piggy bank, the whole loophole disappeared. Platner admitted to using the handle after The Made Monitor reported about his Reddit posts.
Speaker 4: There it is, it's I mean, it's it's incredible, it is. It's truly incredible.
Speaker 3: Now you would think that would be enough, right for the Democrats to say, Okay, like we got to like this guy, can't be the guy.
Speaker 4: Nope, keep going. He also called the.
Speaker 3: Virgin Mary a skink, Yes, a skink. The Democrat candidate refer to Jesus also as a zombie. The Virgin Mary is a skank in a Reddit post from twenty twelve. That is this man so he hates Christians, he hates Jesus, he hates Mary, and this is the perfect guy for the Democratic Party. He also got a dui, not that anyone cares. Right inside Graham Platner's controversial rise another article talking about his dui, but It's totally fine, not a problem at all. Right, He's just you know, sometimes you gotta go out there and you got to you know, get a dui. And finally the newest thing, he appeared on an anti Semites podcast who says the Jews killed Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Now, this is just what we know.
Speaker 3: What's even more shocking is he's still ahead in the polls, which tells me something very clearly. The Democratic Party is solace. They only care about power, they only care about controlling you. They only care about winning, and if it takes a guy like this to do it or cover up for him, they're totally fine with it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news, also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow