Speaker 1: The second dat date.
Speaker 2: In previous second date calls, we've heard of people visiting a cemetery for a date. Oh yeah, remember the guy that wanted to introduce the girl to his grandparents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he took her to meet them.
Speaker 3: Sweet, like maybe a couple of years into your relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little intense for the first date. We've also heard about people stopping in on a funeral in the middle of their date because they forgot that they double booked it.
Speaker 1: And we're like, we can get back.
Speaker 2: To the bar just a second, but I have to make Chris stop just real quick.
Speaker 1: I just have to be seen here.
Speaker 3: You can get a free bouquet flower zone for your dates.
Speaker 2: They don't know, Jose, but you know, I don't think we've ever heard about two people meeting at a funeral before. So this is definitely a Brook and Jeffrey first. And one of our listeners, Julia, says it just happened to her. So Julia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, Hey, with my background, I just have to ask you weren't related, right, No, it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a kissing cousins situation. I'm glad to say that at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, who is this guy that you met?
Speaker 4: So I met Rick at a funeral?
Speaker 3: Is it bad to ask that before we asked who died? Or do we don't ask who died? Is that weird?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't know them. Sorry? Was it someone in your family?
Speaker 4: It was not someone my family. It was a good friend of mine. It's her colleague that passed away. Okay, she said she really didn't want to go by herself. And last place I thought I was going to meet someone I'll be honest with.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it's in Alexis's top five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty emotional and vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look at her, an.
Speaker 3: Old rich guy that's close to the same thing.
Speaker 2: Dress with the crop top black dress.
Speaker 3: Didn't wear that's my funeral. That's okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, sorry, I know this is of a serious topic. But so how did you meet Rick?
Speaker 4: So it's a tiny event. There's like maybe twenty five thirty people, and I'm kind of people watching, and I look up and here's this like super cute, sensitive guy. And something in me said, when he's going to find someone that's showing like this vulnerable side to them?
Speaker 1: Who oh he was looking vulnerable?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't imagine some stove dude going and not cry.
Speaker 2: I haven't cried at a funeral and in a while you haven't. No, I got it. I got an appearance to a poll.
Speaker 3: I guess it is more rare than alexis, And I figure, how do you strike up a conversation with him because you don't know him?
Speaker 4: Well, it was like a private event, so there was like a viewing room and then there was like a little reception area with some snacks.
Speaker 1: Did you walk up to him and came here often? Oh god, hopefully that's a joke.
Speaker 5: What did you do a little bit like that?
Speaker 4: I went in and I just thought, let me go say hello. So we started to chatting, just like superficial like surface stuff.
Speaker 1: Was what was his vibe?
Speaker 2: Getting chatted up in the middle of the funeral by a cute girl crying like, yeah.
Speaker 1: My name's Rick.
Speaker 4: I think it gave him like a moment of distraction because he was so upset. Yeah, it was a beautiful day and there was like a little park outside, so I don't know who brought it up, but we decided why not get some fresh air and just kind of do a lap around the park.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so he was thinking, what you were thinking, like don't you think you guys? I mean, like if if a pretty girl you don't know comes up to you at a funeral, like.
Speaker 1: Why would you You wouldn't live with her?
Speaker 3: Like if your whole family's there and all your friends like.
Speaker 2: We Sometimes if you're wound up in that emotional situation, it just helps to get out of there for a second, have a chance to breathe and decompressed, rather than being stuck in a room and feeling all those.
Speaker 3: But not with someone you just met.
Speaker 2: If you want to be picky about who you take your walks with. How was How was the walk?
Speaker 4: It was great. We were like chatting, you know, we were kind of like just getting to know each other. And so I brought up the person that passed and just kind of asked him like how he knew her?
Speaker 3: That's a pretty normal question at a funeral.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's when he got really emotional. So okay, I went in, you know, just to give him a hug, you know, for comfort, and we did kiss.
Speaker 3: Whoa wow, I told you kiss from all the day?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is this the date?
Speaker 3: Like did you guys you made out.
Speaker 4: At the This is so weird, Like we just had one innocent kiss. It was okay, it was yeah. We it didn't get heavy or anything like that. And once we got back into you know, the room, I jokingly said to him, Hey, maybe next time, you know, we'll meet outside of a funeral.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because you know this is this is where I get.
Speaker 1: This is working for? What did he say?
Speaker 4: So we exchanged numbers all right, and everything seemed fine. And now I can't get a hold of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long has it been.
Speaker 4: It's been about a week.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the one time we can't say she got ghosted. Oh yeah, yeah, right today Okay.
Speaker 2: And there's no chance there or any other like cute girls at the funeral.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: No, there really wasn't a lot of other people there.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's just still trying to process it all. You know, that's a lot of emotion in one day.
Speaker 4: That's fair, that's fair. I just kind of I'm curious this. Did I really cross the line? Am Iami head. I just I'm dying to know with the other.
Speaker 2: All right, boy, I'm trying to figure out the right, if I way to say this. We'll put your your anxieties to rest. No, I don't know. We'll get answers. Okay, you're hopefully more uplifting second date update.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's morbid second date updates exactly.
Speaker 1: We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, thanks guys, Okay, hold on, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: The most shocking part of what we just heard after Julia met a guy at a funeral is the fact that all of my co hosts seem to be totally cool with it.
Speaker 6: What do you mean what?
Speaker 1: I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: I thought somebody here would take issue with an impro do funeral hookup.
Speaker 3: If people get horny at my funeral, I say, go for it.
Speaker 4: Get dressed up anyway, make up paradigm.
Speaker 1: It's definitely unique.
Speaker 2: Is the only one who's like kind of reserved about it?
Speaker 1: Wishes they went farther.
Speaker 3: You know, the only thing life is guaranteed, Jeff is death taxes.
Speaker 1: You open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not usually a turn onto people, though, Brook, I don't know. I guess I underestimate this group how down you are for anything? And I said, I said hook up, that's kind of a strong word.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an innocent kiss that proves love can blossom anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's right, even from death.
Speaker 3: Usually that's pretty fertile ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Julia, if we were, I'm sure it's a serious thing to cry.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's your option?
Speaker 1: I apologize for Brook first of all.
Speaker 4: Okay, I kind of get it all right now, if.
Speaker 2: We are able to get you a second date, are you excited to tell your future grandkids that you frenched their father above a tombstone.
Speaker 1: That a tasteful French in it, Julia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am. He's just super cute and sensitive and that's like what I was trying to attract. So there he is. Sorry I met a funeral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, we'll be respectful when he's on the phone, because he did get emotional when you brought up the person that passed. Like, we don't want to We don't want to hurt his feelings or you know, make him upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I don't want to be a jerk. You don't be insensitive.
Speaker 2: But unless he's a jerk to us first, then well if.
Speaker 1: He starts it, I can't help myself like higher, no, going low?
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm worried about this call. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Rick.
Speaker 5: Uh this is Rick was Colin?
Speaker 2: Hey Rick, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ricky, good morning.
Speaker 5: Uh hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: We were past some security footage from a local cemetery and what we saw something interesting happen there.
Speaker 3: We heard I don't like the angle over taken here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you don't.
Speaker 2: I think you justinded We're a radio show and to do a silly segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I know that was a lot. Yeah, we went all over the place.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a segment where we try and help out our listeners who've met someone or been on a date with someone they really liked, try and get another date and figure out why it hasn't happened yet. So the cemetery I was talking about was where you met Julia, one of our listeners.
Speaker 6: Julia.
Speaker 1: It was about a week ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I remember Julia.
Speaker 3: What was that like for you? Meeting Julia?
Speaker 6: I mean, she was great, really, I didn't know how long, but we really vibed a lot of that is a funeral.
Speaker 2: You know, we get the sense that you may have liked her a little bit, because rumor has it you two kissed.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, guys, I'm gonna it's just kind of a weird situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely unique.
Speaker 3: I bet you didn't expect that to happen that day.
Speaker 5: Well, for sure. Not Listen.
Speaker 6: I just feel guilty, and that's why I haven't called, uh, just because it.
Speaker 4: Was on a funeral.
Speaker 1: Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 5: No? No, I'm not at all.
Speaker 6: It's uh, it's a job thing job.
Speaker 3: You feel guilty of your job.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to be straight with you.
Speaker 6: I was hired by that person, the person who has passed away her family, to be a professional mourner at the event.
Speaker 1: What what professor say that?
Speaker 3: Slower say that slower?
Speaker 6: I was hired by that person's family to be a professional mourner the event.
Speaker 1: Okay, it even slower in the middle.
Speaker 3: You didn't know the person who died at the funeral?
Speaker 5: No, I've never another before.
Speaker 3: Oh why do they need you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Why did you get emotional? She said, you got emotional when you guys were going on the walk and you brought her us.
Speaker 5: Essentially, I am paid to be a mourner there.
Speaker 6: So what happens is I go to things like this, to a funeral, and I'm an actor I become emotional.
Speaker 3: Why why would people want that a funeral though? It's like, oh, Grandma wasn't that well loved. Can somebody cry for him?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't get she said it was a super tiny funeral. Maybe this makes sense. You might want one of these for you. Let's just keep this guessing.
Speaker 3: I'm forcing you to cry.
Speaker 1: I'll be a professional laugher at your funeral. Broug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why that is a good question, though. Why do people hire you? What's the point?
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes it just makes a place look fuller. Sometimes people are less self conscious about getting emotional.
Speaker 5: There's already someone that are doing it. I'm kind of an icebreaker, okay.
Speaker 3: I mean for like a you know, emotionally closed off family. That kind of makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so back to what you called I. I really don't want to tell her why I was there. I mean I was paid to be there, and it feels strange to tell him, now, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you don't have to beat yourself up trying to figure out how to tell her because he kind of already did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, so you actually get paid to cry at stranger's funeral?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's Julia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I got that.
Speaker 1: We'll just let you guys talk.
Speaker 6: Guys listen, I mean you've heard it essentially. Yeah, I am paid to cry there, but it's not just crying sometimes all like I've given a speech before, I've been a pall bearer.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I just sort of lucked out.
Speaker 6: I didn't I didn't realize one of my job perks was meeting folks as we bury the dead.
Speaker 5: But there you go.
Speaker 2: Wow, Julia, I mean, how are you feeling hearing all that?
Speaker 4: I guess I just like thought you were this like really sensitive person that was like feeling your emotions and then just to find out that it's all just like a big game. It's I don't know, I'm kind of I know, I know.
Speaker 5: It's super weird.
Speaker 6: I know I was weird when I first got hired, But my feelings for you are real. The second time I cried with you.
Speaker 5: In the park, remember that that was real.
Speaker 6: Kissed you brought the real emotion out of me, and that's that's why I kissed you.
Speaker 4: But you cried because I brought up the person that passed, So all you did was just you were like primed to be triggered by that to cry So how can I trust like anything when, like, I know that you're preparing yourself for a reaction.
Speaker 6: I mean, do you trust a dentic to not scrub your teeth when he's not at work?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Work is work? You don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a weird analogy, but you got somewhere I see. Okay, Yeah, he's able to leave it at home. I mean, he's sounds sincere. Were you gonna call her?
Speaker 5: I wanted to? Yeah, I just I didn't know how to say it. I was trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: He's in a tough position, didn't I want to believe you at this point?
Speaker 1: Where and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like at this point, I mean, I might cry if you guys don't go out together on another date, because what does that say about me as a radio host? Are you to send you on a date?
Speaker 1: Is making me laugh? We're paid for you want to send the guy?
Speaker 3: Are you sure you want to send guy?
Speaker 1: Seriously? Rick, are you up for seeing Julia? And because it sounded like you were genuinely into her?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now the question is, Julia, are you still interested in going out with Rick again after what you heard? No?
Speaker 4: I think I have to pass. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm a terrible radio you are, it feels bad for you. I can't make this happen. I can't make anything happen.
Speaker 3: This is pathetic.
Speaker 6: I got a gig next Tuesday I can't go to If you want to fill in.
Speaker 3: For me, gonna be like, is that young Jeffery Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning