Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Jetty arm Strong and.
Speaker 2: Jettie and he arms Rong.
Speaker 1: Hey we're Armstrong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast One more Thing. Find out wherever you find all your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Hold my calls. I got to work in a couple of sets of squats. It's one more thing, one more thing.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't imagine where there's this going.
Speaker 3: So even the radio ranch, full of slackers and fatties and stoned in its has a gym, an office gym.
Speaker 2: That's right. I've never I've been in it. I've never used it, you know.
Speaker 3: I I was seriously about to use it when COVID hit, and then of course they had to lock it up so nobody would exercise this or something. Right, Oh the freaking idiocy. Anyway, This from the Journal of Wall Street. Forget the office, Jim, Welcome to the gym. Office, working out or just working more. Gyms are encouraging remote working members to stay all day and do both. It's like a Starbucks with a bunch of weight equipment and ellipticals and then.
Speaker 2: Treadmills and stuff.
Speaker 3: So you stay all day, you work a little bit, then you do a couple of sets of squats, and.
Speaker 2: You come back.
Speaker 3: You make a call, then you throw the iron, you bench press three hundred and fifty pounds ten times, like I like to relax in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: I stand on that thing with the band around you that shakes you. That's what I mean. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: You guys doing the show from a gym. I wouldn't work for this profession.
Speaker 1: Have you ever worked anywhere? This was very popular around here for a while. Have you ever worked anywhere, Katie where people sat on the ball to h yeah, just strengthen their core.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you guys didn't see me doing that in the San Francisco building.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, may have. I just didn't want to do. You feel like it works? Yeah? And it keeps you moving. Yeah, it seems like a good idea.
Speaker 4: And all the rage on the internet right now. Are these treadmills that go under your desk?
Speaker 2: Uh no? Yeah, well wait a second.
Speaker 1: They go under your desk, so you're sitting and you move your feet yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, or or you're standing.
Speaker 4: You can do both if you have one of the standing desks, like you can walk on it, and then they have a feature where you put it under the desk and you just keep your legs moving at a sense of see that.
Speaker 1: It seems like really uncomfortable and weird to me. I understand the walking on a treadmill while I work, but the sitting with my legs moving and like.
Speaker 2: Passively having your legs pushed along by the treadmill. What good would that do? Keep your knees let I don't know.
Speaker 4: The idea is you're supposed to move with the treadmill, not just drag your.
Speaker 1: Labs, but but just moving anything. I suppose better is better than sitting still.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoah, breaking news, breaking news. I just got a text from Don Donald Trump Junior. It was a long text.
Speaker 2: Well, it includes a picture of his bearded countenance. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Hi, Joseph Don Junior here as a loyal supporter of my father. I'm reaching out on the behalf of Senate Republicans because they desperately need your help. After reviewing your donor profile, I believe you're the right person for this job.
Speaker 1: Your donor profile is you have money ah, and I'm certainly a crazed right winger.
Speaker 3: So he's trying to raise money allegedly for the Senate Republicans. That's not super on brand for the Trump family.
Speaker 1: I don't get these fundraising emails at a lot of courts. This might be completely a scammed, right, alright, right right, you have to watch out for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, back to the working out at work thing. Ah, yes, yes, so ka, do you've actually seen people with the treadmills under the desk.
Speaker 4: Not the treadmills. I saw a woman who had a bike like the pedals under her desk.
Speaker 2: She used to have that all so intisco, but I could see doing that that. Oh.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a habit that once you got into you could just you could work regularly and it'd be.
Speaker 2: Great for you. I think that's a terrific idea.
Speaker 3: I'm I got to try the ball maybe at home because the desks are too high in the studio. But I have I haven't talked about this on the air at all, but just sitting on the exercise ball thing. But I am suffering terribly from sciatica at this point. Ooh, it's it's it's like crazy painful. I know what it is, and I know it can be dealt with. So I observed many years ago, just to myself, that fear is the worst component of pain. Now, pain itself is bad, but like as a kid, things that that hurt also terrified you because you know you're supposed to be terrified, so you avoid them, so you survived. But as an adult, like getting a shot, getting dental work done, you know, there are a hundred things that are they hurt.
Speaker 1: None of it hurts as much as stubbing your toe really hard. Oh right, that, yeah, that's true, that's that's brutal. But anyway, sevent fet all the time, and you don't fall apart over it when you stub your toe or hit your head and getting on the cabinet or what all that stuff hurts more than getting a shot.
Speaker 4: And are your time to psych yourself out with those? Yeah, but it is the fear. It's the fear part that makes it so right.
Speaker 3: You know you're gonna be okay in thirty seconds to two minutes, right, so you don't freak out in the same way. And it's the same with me. I know what sciatic it is, I know how to treat it. I know eventually it'll be fine. But it's brutally painful. But so I'm trying to work on my core.
Speaker 1: Is that a disease or a back thing? I mean, I know it's a back thing, but is it? It's pressure on the sciatic nerve general. You know a number of things can cause it. Most commonly, it's that like you're getting older and you aren't flexible enough and your muscles are so tight they're in effect pulling your spine in a way.
Speaker 3: That's bad. That puts pressure on the sciatic nerve. It can also be like a serious slip disc or a tumor or something like that. But with the vast majority of people, you just need to work on fitness and flexibility.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm doing. It's fine, but I think sitting on the ball might help.
Speaker 1: I bought a motorcycle from a guy who got sciatica and he couldn't ride it anymore.
Speaker 2: Mmm. Wow, So I I really bet him over. I mean because he had no choice.
Speaker 3: He had to sell it because he was in so much pain. Yeah, that's just smart business, jees.
Speaker 2: I didn't literally bend him over because that'd have been too painful. Yes, yeah, because he's got siatic thing. Anyway, back to the gym. So the idea is you go and.
Speaker 3: You hang out all day long and you do work as necessary, but during your breaks you pump iron or get on the treadmill or whatever, like the people who hang out in the Starbucks all damn day long.
Speaker 1: Remember we had the two guys in the newsroom Michael throw around the medicine.
Speaker 4: Ball, medicine ball, and they brought donuts every day, do you remember that?
Speaker 1: And that was just a mocking all the rest of us. That was that was that was a level beyond Katie. This was before your time. So these guys, they were super workout fiends and like really buff and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Nice guys.
Speaker 1: But they would have a medicine ball and while they were working in the like newspit, they'd throw the medicine ball back and forth while they were talking, kind of like what Joe was talking about. But they also would buy donuts and they wouldn't eat any of them themselves, just to like prey upon the weakness of the rest of us who weren't as fit as them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like that at all.
Speaker 3: That's that's satanic, Yeah, I mean literally, like Satan being the great Temp Tour.
Speaker 4: You know, the the gym Planet Fitness. Yeah, sure so I I this was years ago. I'm hoping they don't still do this, but I I dropped my membership there because I went in and I found out that on Friday nights they have.
Speaker 1: Pizza, Yes, and pizza the fitness play.
Speaker 4: And then there was a bowl of TUTSI rolls on the way out by the register and I'm going, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: This is exactly like politicians who want to have the problem, not solve the problem.
Speaker 2: Because if you're super.
Speaker 3: Fit and healthy and all, you might think, you know, do I need to go belong to a gym?
Speaker 2: I'll just say in reasonable shape? No, they got to keep you fat. I'm into fitness, fitness. Pizza into my mouth, yem.
Speaker 3: So here's one GALLO does this By going into this space and not coming back home. I'm going through these movements of the day more intentionally. There's less distraction, and I'm able to set up work more efficient. That's what I'm not doing, going through my movements intentionally.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say anything, but right, Yes, gym's were once wary of letting the remote work vases zoom from their lobbies and locker rooms. Now they see an opportunity and offering extra desks, offices, and outlets.
Speaker 2: Some are creating.
Speaker 3: Coworking spaces to separate the extension court wielders from the crowd.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't have to be that clever.
Speaker 3: Other gyms are charging extra and offering entire floors for clients to stay in work all day.
Speaker 1: A lot of what this is pointing out, though, is the fact that we all could exercise a lot more than we want. The excuse that I make, I'll just focus on myself of being too busy or whatever. It's just it's just a lie. I mean, there's all kinds of things I could.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: I could be doing curls while I'm watching the news, or on the treadmill more often like you do, or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I mean, there's lots of stuff we could all do. We just don't.
Speaker 1: You know why, because I don't want to. Because it's easier not to. That's why.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's remarkable honesty. Yeah. My My only tip is.
Speaker 1: Start with a little yeah. Yeah, that's that is the key. Doing something is so much better than doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Like every level of doing something makes you healthier, live longer, and happier. And so if all you can muster up is kind of me do men.
Speaker 1: I did this to myself, and I've been preaching this for years, but I did this to myself recently when I came out with this workout thing, because I got a bench and dumbbells and all this sort of stuff, and there's like three exercises I was doing every day. Well it took like a half an hour, and so I did that routinely for like nine months.
Speaker 2: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: But then in the half an hour ever a time and the kids got out of school in his business something, Well, how about instead of doing the whole half hour, you just do one of those things for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I could do that. Yeah, it's the if you got.
Speaker 1: To change clothes, drive to the gym, work out for an hour and a half, take a shour, change clothes, drive back, and you got like this two hour commitment.
Speaker 2: No, you can't fit that into your life, right right.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan, And partly it's the nature of my job, so maybe easier for me than others but I never exercised that. I'm not taking in news or information or a podcasts.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I just I don't have the I know plenty of meattheads worked out of gym's all the time. Maybe they're healthier than me mentally. They probably are, but could just lift weights and do all that sort of stuff, just staring at the ceiling all day long.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. No, it makes me insane. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I do like to strip shirtless and look at my shaved, oiled body taking I do a lot.
Speaker 2: Of poison in the mirror. One of these. Oh yeah, oh that's a good one. One of those. Oh look at that one. Yeah, don't ever do that again. This is fantastic. I took a turn, folks. You know, I resent those two guys that we used to work with. They get themselves strong and they'd fatten the rest of us up. Suck.
Speaker 3: It's the Armstrong and Getdy Show, featuring our podcast One more Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, as we learned in the hearing yesterday, we have been visited by aliens, and one actually came down and met with a bunch of Earth leaders about the whole human gender situation. So this alien comes to planet Earth, particularly in the United States, and finds out that we have a thing about genders and more than one gender that they hadn't encountered on their planet. That's the setup to this Babylon Bee comedy bit. So you're gonna hear kind of a weird voice. That's the alien sitting at the hall, at the head of a boardroom table. I don't know how this occurs, but they're like in the board's kind of the take me to your leader thing.
Speaker 3: He's come into the you know, the halls of power and said, all right, I'm in charge.
Speaker 1: Now, and he's talking to a whole bunch of business people or Americans or.
Speaker 4: Something like that. Government officials, government officials. Okay, well here's how it goes.
Speaker 1: General Floyd, thank you for agreeing to meet.
Speaker 2: With us today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm giving you a chance to beg and pleat. I say, before we destroy your planet is my favorite partner. The job they've destroyers way don't deserve it. The looks on their faces, it's a hoot.
Speaker 2: Perhaps we should start out by introducing ourselves.
Speaker 6: I'm Chief of Space Operation General Foreman, he him, Under Secretary of State Angus Miller, he him.
Speaker 7: Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer Amanda Williams she her?
Speaker 5: And what exactly is a chief Diversity and Inclusion officer.
Speaker 2: It's my job to be a black woman. Well, good job then, And what is this? He? Him, she her? Which you are all speaking?
Speaker 7: Those are our gender pronouns, so you know which gender we identify as.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, but I am pretty good at telling the difference between the two genders.
Speaker 2: A man, man woman. Now that I was a lucky guess. But there are way more than just two genders. Fascinating.
Speaker 5: We've been probing humans for years and I have only discovered the two.
Speaker 2: How many genders are there too? It's hard to know. Really, it's changing all the time.
Speaker 5: So your species is evolving that rapidly remarkable. Perhaps while you are sitting here you will grow additional limbs or developed the ability to breathe underwater.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what we meant. It's too bad.
Speaker 5: I breathe on no water. It's a lot of fun. If you threw twenty pennies into a pool, I could dive down and pick them all up without everyone's reservicing pool.
Speaker 2: What no applause?
Speaker 5: So what are these genders and how do they function?
Speaker 2: Function? I don't understand. Oh yes, on.
Speaker 5: My planets, the female gender is the giver of life, raising and nurturing our young, preserving our civilization for eons to.
Speaker 2: Come, while the males mostly just mow our.
Speaker 5: Space lawns and make multiple trips to space on depot.
Speaker 7: What you're talking about is sex. Gender is something different exactly.
Speaker 8: People can identify with genders different than their natal sex or with none at all.
Speaker 2: But why it's just the way we feel. No, it was the way we're born. Well, a lot of.
Speaker 8: Times they don't realize how they were born until someone tells them, someone like a teacher, social media influencer.
Speaker 5: And what exactly are these various genders? You have me very curious.
Speaker 8: Well, there's non binary, which is someone who identifies as both genders.
Speaker 5: Doesn't saying I identify as both genders imply that there are only two genders?
Speaker 2: No, it's shut up. Actually, it's gender queer.
Speaker 7: That is the term that refers to people who identify as both genders.
Speaker 9: You know, like my nephew.
Speaker 6: I thought that was gender fluid, like my niece now no, that shifts around.
Speaker 2: No, by gender shifts around like my steps on. They can.
Speaker 6: Well, oh, unless you're Native American, which case it's too spirit like my cousin who got into Harvard because they's one sixteenth Native Americans.
Speaker 2: Oh, I understand.
Speaker 5: On this planet there are people who are men, and people who are women, and people who are mentally ill.
Speaker 7: I can understand, and that it's confusing.
Speaker 9: It can be difficult to keep track.
Speaker 2: Of all the different genders.
Speaker 7: There's so many of them. There's there's gender vague, there's gray gender, demigender, audi gender, omnigender, polygender, and about ten different kinds of trands. And those are just the ones that my nephew has identified as in the last month. I was also by gender, which is two genders, those genders being male and female, or a combination of all genders, including a gender which is no gender at all, actually simultaneously be no gender at all plus a gender.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Huh.
Speaker 5: The planet has no sign of intelligent life. Official recommendation destroyed.
Speaker 2: Well, please don't destroy it. We don't deserve it. Stuff.
Speaker 1: Look, my favorite part of that whole thing is when they're laying out on that stuff and he says, why.
Speaker 2: The question no one can answer? Oh, I can answer it.
Speaker 3: It's so young adolescents feel special and get praised by their mentors. I'm not just a regular dude anymore. I'm I don't know, gender fluid. Oh, Joe, that's so wonderful, will support you. You're so brave?
Speaker 2: Come on, why.
Speaker 3: Please do not use gendered language to address everyone?
Speaker 9: You get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show, more John, your Joe, podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 3: This is The Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast one more Thing, get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 1: This story out of California. I guess this is a problem in a number of different states, but this particular lawsuit is in California. If you're a nurse, or you work at a hospital, for instance, in any capacity, really, but you have your PhD, do you get to call yourself doctor so and so? If I have a PhD in history but I work at a hospital, yes, do I get to call myself doctor Jack Armstrong? Yes, Well, apparently you can't in a lot of states. That's against the law. It's not as clear in California. And this woman who is told not to call herself doctor anymore. She's a nurse, but she introduces herself as doctor so and so and has that on our little tag and signs things that way. It confuses the patient, obviously, and she is told not to do that. She is suing, saying, you know, I worked really hard to spend a lot of money. I got this degree. This is the title I get to call myself this.
Speaker 3: So they're trying to I would suggest that the further it is from medical science or science at all, the more enthusiastic I am about this idea. You have a PhD in women's studies, you ought to call yourself doctor in the hospital and walk into patients rooms and they say, doctor, I don't know if this drug is working.
Speaker 2: You say, well, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about medicine, and then walk out again and leave them wondering what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: But I can tell you about Napoleon's loss at Waterloo because that's what I have my PhD.
Speaker 2: Wow, the whole I got a PhD. So I you got to call me doctor.
Speaker 1: You know I've known a few, uh, well, I've known quite a few people with PhDs. But uh, I've only known a few that really trotted out a lot. Usually it's only when it's contextually makes sense, like if, uh, you know, if you're if you're having a meeting about business and you got somebody there who's got a PhD in business, to introduce them as doctor so and so went to Stanford, that's think, that's perfectly fine. That's a stretch man, but that's not even necessary. But they're just like regularly casual. You're out for dinner and you introduce yourself as doctor so and so.
Speaker 3: Come on, well, how about freaking doctor Jill Biden exactly what I was thinking. She's got a PhD in library or something, library science or whatever it is English.
Speaker 1: I've had more acquaintances or friends that actually kind of hide the fact that they have a PhD unless it like really comes up in conversation and you would kind of get into a weird territory to not mention it.
Speaker 2: They don't mention it because of the way it comes off.
Speaker 1: So this particular woman who's suing California to be able to call herself doctor says she always tells patients as a nurse when she goes in there and they say, uh oh, hi, doctor Janine. I have her name here, but it doesn't matter, And she says, I'm not a medical doctor. Have my PhD in something else? My first thought would be, then, why do you call yourself doctor in a freaking hospital?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be your first thought? Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Seem pretty you know what you're doing, pretending you don't know what you're doing, walking around a hospital with a bad just's doctor, so and so on it.
Speaker 3: I can't remember did you tell us what her PhD is in? I'm only mildly interested.
Speaker 2: I just had that in front of you, and I don't remember. I'm just curious how ridiculous it is.
Speaker 4: What about DJs who refer to themselves as doctors.
Speaker 3: May be allowed to identify themselves thusly in a hospital?
Speaker 2: Doctor Johnny Fever.
Speaker 3: I have spinned or spun many platters to get this nickname.
Speaker 2: I deserve credit for it.
Speaker 1: She has a doctorate of nursing practice, whatever that is.
Speaker 2: Well, that's funny. I'm a doctor of nursing. That's weird. I'm a nursing of doctor. You want to go out sometime anyway? Wow?
Speaker 1: I would just say this if you have a PhD. And you probably know this. Most people, I think the vast majority of people kind of roll their eyes if you introduce yourself as doctor so and so, or your wife does, her husband does or whatever.
Speaker 2: All right, I think most people do. They make fun of you after you leave. Certainly, I like what Joe said. She basically has this.
Speaker 4: She has a doctor ate and it's the highest level of nurse training, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So she's doctor nurse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you someone who can fix my knee or take out my gall bladder?
Speaker 2: No, well, then shot at I agree with you, Katie. Woman sounds annoying.
Speaker 3: I'm a doctor of nursing. That's so funny. I'm trying to think, is there anything like, uh, anything similar to that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It is a pretty uni doctor of nursing.
Speaker 3: It'd be like I'm an engineer of Now, there's nothing analogous. I don't think so, because a nurse is kind of sort of an assistant to doctors.
Speaker 2: I'm the president of vice presidents. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm the president of the vice President's Association.
Speaker 4: I don't know that that's something I would walk around pointing out every day.
Speaker 2: That's why I think she's obnoxious.
Speaker 4: What is you know, what good is she doing herself or anyone else she encounters.
Speaker 3: So you're super well educated in your profession, good for you. Go out and prove it. That's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm the captain of the second Mate's division. So moving on to Disney. I haven't heard what this is, but it's labeled as the Secrets of Disney World. I've never been to Disney World. Maybe i'll learn something here.
Speaker 9: One a magic Kingdom.
Speaker 10: All cast members are in powered to create magical moments.
Speaker 9: These are designed for If you see a kid lose.
Speaker 10: Their turkey leg to a seagull, you can go get them a brand new one for free. Have you ever seen a janitor move stash through the park. The answer is no, that would destroy the magic. Every trash can that you see is not actually a trash can, but a shoot that goes directly into Disney's trash compactor system called Utilidor nobody throws up at Disney World, that's gross.
Speaker 9: They have protein spills and.
Speaker 10: Every cast member has protein spill powder.
Speaker 9: You throw it on top of the throw up, it drives.
Speaker 10: It up and the janitor will come and clean it up a few minutes later. I would have to call Chop Protective Services, the police, and Disney management at least once a month while working at Space Mountain. Why their parents thought it would be a great idea to wait a two and a half hour line to get onto Space Mountain and leave their kid out front. Well, by the time they get off that ride, the police greet them and no one meves happy.
Speaker 9: And it's not very magical.
Speaker 2: Wow. So a couple of things.
Speaker 1: One, I think we need to start editing TikTok clips to put space between thoughts. I understand why they do it on TikTok, but for me my mind, I get interested in something and then you hit with me with something else, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get to do that for me just like a beat.
Speaker 1: So you've got boomer brain. Maybe I have boomer brain. Yeah, I mean because TikTok's the most successful thing and ever. I guess young people can handle that. But I get I hear it and like, well that's and then they're on to the next thing. AnyWho.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: So you don't see janitors going to empty the garbage bins, which is kind of gross because it goes down into a shoot.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, they call vomiting protein spills.
Speaker 3: And every cast member has the powder, got a utility built like Batman.
Speaker 1: Right ready to throw a little powder on the protein spill immediately, a little puke powder.
Speaker 2: And then there were a couple other things in there.
Speaker 1: I wanted to comment them, but my boomer brain couldn't comprehend them because it was coming at me so fast.
Speaker 3: Well, you have the people leaving their kid to fend for themselves, their little kid as they wait two and a half hours for ride. Just sit there on the bench, Jenny, I'll be back.
Speaker 1: I did wait with my kids for I think two and a half hours for the Mario Ride at Nintendo Land or whatever that thing is called.
Speaker 4: Is that what it's called, Nintendo Land. I don't even know what, no clue, Universal Studios, Nintendo World. Yeah, yeah, in the Mario Ride, which it had just opened, and it was like the hottest thing going and it goes half your day, right, yeah, it's a lot of your day.
Speaker 1: But that's why we went. The reason we went was to ride that ride. So and it was all thirty year olds, right, A lot of thirty year olds in costume a lot of thirty year olds by themselves in costume.
Speaker 2: Oh that I don't get. No, it makes me sad.
Speaker 1: But I would say that it was the quickest moving two and a half hours I've ever done in my life. I mean, I don't think I stood for more than a few seconds. You're kind of constantly shuffling or walking.
Speaker 2: And usually in the Disney style, and this was their genius.
Speaker 3: You come across something interesting and entertaining as you're waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you walk through the castle, so you go up these stairs around a corner, and then you're in a room and there's a couple of things to look at, and then you go down this stair and corner there's something interesting. So I went by fairly quickly. I don't know whoever invented that. That was very cleverly. I understood psychology in an amazing way.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that i'd ever do it again.
Speaker 1: My one kid said it was absolutely worth it, and my other kid said he was a teenager. Of course, nothing's worth it to him. Right, My definition is a teenager, nothing's cool, nothing's worth it.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Quick question for you, What if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 1: Download it now, Armstrong and Getdy on demand Armstrong.
Speaker 3: It's the Armstrong and Getty Show featuring our podcast. One more thing, download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 1: I angered some people by not taking Nicki Haley seriously enough or something.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've taken it fairly seriously from the beginning. But I can vouch for that he has yes.
Speaker 1: But I guess if you don't do it every single time, and somebody only hears one comment, like me commenting on her dress today, I feel like that's the only thing I've ever thought about her. She was wearing a red dress, and I said, man, it's some nice dress. In defense of Jack, red is a bold color for a politician to wear. It is if you wear a bright red dress, I assume you're trying to do some attention to yourself.
Speaker 2: But isn't there some.
Speaker 3: Uh forbidding of doing that in the Book of Leviticus or something like that.
Speaker 2: Wearing a red dress.
Speaker 1: But this person went on to say, if a man made a speech wearing a red suit, I'll bet you would have mentioned that first as well. And then the women get that you have all the options for all these different clothes you can wear. If Mitt Romney came out in a bright red suit, I mean, the first thing anybody said, holy crap, like.
Speaker 3: He's Sinbad or something, yes, for instance, or a professional pool player or something other.
Speaker 2: It's always struck me.
Speaker 3: You see the Senate Chamber or the House chamber and you have every single guy in a dark suit, a white or light blue shirt, and a red or blue tie, every single damn one of them. And then you've got the many colors of the rainbow of the coals. They're wearing white and yellow and red and blue and whatever.
Speaker 1: They want, dresses, pants, suits, brooches, no brooches. You got all the options to you if you're a woman, Katie. But only of course, the downside is, I know I've heard women say this before, is I got to come up with something to wear where you get to just throw on a suit and always call yourself dressed up correct, which is handy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely well, especially because it's also simpler. You have your your pants, your shirt, your jacket, which is what you guys wear usually. Anyway, I wear a suit to work most every day, and it is it is.
Speaker 2: It is easier than dressing casual to wear a suit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely true. If you have two suits, you've covered it. If you have three, you're trying too hard. And the other thing is about suits is you can gain five pounds lose five pounds.
Speaker 2: They fit fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got four suits. I rotate a bunch of dress shirts. It's super easy to dress. But if I was trying to dress up without a suit, I'd take a lot of money in time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dresses are not forgiving, guys. I'll tell you that those things do not give.
Speaker 1: Either it fits the way it did when you bought it or not.
Speaker 2: Yes, or and it'll never fit that way again. Yeah. Interesting, I've not had that situation. I haven't tried on many dresses. Huh.
Speaker 1: So the CIA has done a lot of wacky things throughout the years, and a whole bunch of it has been to classified because after twenty five years or thirty years or fifty years or different rules for different levels of stuff, some of this stuff comes out some of this I've heard before.
Speaker 2: Some of this I'd never like.
Speaker 1: All this stuff about the way these ways we tried to kill fidela Castro I've heard many many times. Oh, a classic, We actually did try to poisonous cigar or have exploding cigars and kill him, or at least considered it. And a bunch of other stuff. But some of this new stuff I had not heard. The Osama bin Laden demon toy. The plan after nine eleven was going to make figurines that look like Osama bin Laden and give them to kids in South Asia. After being left in the sun for a certain amount of time, its face would peel off to reveal a demon like vision with red skin, green eyes, and black markings. The objective was to scare kids on their parents, so Ben Laden al Qaida would lose.
Speaker 3: Support points for creativity. Geese, how about a stick with me?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: How about a melting faced demon figurine?
Speaker 4: Sounds like they were on some bad acid. Yeah, wow, there are no bad ideas, Joe. Let's go with the Osama bin Laden demon face. This one's from the Cold War, but I don't think i'd heard this one before. The Cold War Condom drop plan CIA operatives drew up a plan to have packets of extra large condoms labeled a small on the USSR. The idea was to lower their morale.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't is this small condoms still way too big for me?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: My must be tiny compared to the West.
Speaker 1: You know what, this tiny, I see no reason to fight for the Motherland. If I had a giant, I would lay down my life gladly for this correct till the end. But with this minuscule I'm just going home right.
Speaker 2: This is a devilish plan.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Wow. The acoustic Kitty.
Speaker 1: They basically put a microphone in a radio and a cat and released it in the Soviet embassy to wander around eavesdropping since nobody suspects a wandering cat.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, poor cat.
Speaker 4: All of these ideas just sound like somebody was really high.
Speaker 2: To me, they really do.
Speaker 3: Dude, What if you're to like, put a microphone up a cat and then turn it loose because nobody's going to think of.
Speaker 2: Cats a spy? Most what if the cat spy pooped out the mic d then it totally be busted. What are they gonna do? Question the cat man?
Speaker 1: Most cats for Earth, Most places of work I've been in. You just don't ignore wandering straight cats in all ways.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a different time, another straight cat.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Jim as I was saying, the place to attack the United States is boy, but this is the one I wanted to get on because it backs up. I believe Hitler and I agree on one thing, and that is modern art is bogus. Wow, but modern art as a CIA weapon. Back during the sixties, the CIA noticed that artists tend to lean towards socialism communism. They realized the best way to prevent this or discredit these political positions was to make them wealthy so that they would be more invested in capitalism. To do this, the CAA anonymously bought modern art pieces, no matter how nonsensical, for very high prices, making a whole bunch of modern artists rich so they would embrace capitalism. So a lot of that modern art that got successful and sold was a CIA plot, not some discerning art collector.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, that makes the cat like sounds like a really good idea.
Speaker 2: I mean, good lord, really, what the wow? It was like a massive waste of money.
Speaker 3: I know it will do. I mean, what if they just like donated to the Communist Party.
Speaker 2: I don't like. That's just that is weak.
Speaker 1: She liked the Cat Microphone store better than the big fan.
Speaker 4: Of that one by Modern Art, huge fan.
Speaker 2: I'm not a cat.
Speaker 3: Did they give any any specific examples? I mean, like, is Andy Warhol entirely a product of the CIA's right, you know, writing checks?
Speaker 1: Nobody had any interest in those soup cans except for the CIA.
Speaker 2: Could be I don't know, doesn't say wow, wow, how interesting cat microphone that's your favorite idea?
Speaker 3: Yea, for a number of reasons, exactly the way they walk around with their tails up in the air. You could a camera, you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, when he turns at Orde, that's the camera at the wide angle.
Speaker 2: Well it has to be. I'm here a love. I'm not a cat, says the cat wandering around the embassy Armstrong and Jetty