Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb Right, you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody. Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday two Friday, New Pacific three Eastern at Sunday's three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with the Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern, and Sundays with Andrew Zarian. And it is Tuesday on this show, and we got a lots to talk about here today Tonight at XT the follow up to Deadline, and we have a number of matches announced for the show, as well as the start of the twenty twenty three Men's Breakout Tournament. I hope they wrestled better than they cut promos. I could say that much. Also go that you would turn him Tikita, Lions and more. We'll tell you about that today plus tomorrow's Winter is coming Arlington, Texas. Number of matches announced for the show, the Von Erics are going to be there, and more. Yesterday, of course, was Monday Night Raw, and they set up two tag team championship matches for next week's show, and of course the week after is going to be a best of show. So next week's Raw is the final Raw of the year, and I feel that because it's the final show of the year, it's the holiday season, I think we are going to have a tag team title change one way or the other. We've also got a lot of other shows, the Ring of Honor show coming up on Friday, the Wrestle Kingdom show coming up at the beginning of the new year, God notes on seth Rawlins, CM Punk, Work in House shows, Who's His Opponent? We've got the ratings from this past week Collision, Rampage and Tribute to the Troops, and of course, as we wrap up today, the World Famous Raw Report. So a lot to get into. You can text us today forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I am f fur W online at gmail dot com, as well as f for W Online on Threads, Instagram and cameo and you can check out my ex at Brian Alvarez on the former Twitter back in the moment Observer Live.
Speaker 3: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five, eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five. Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change your cancel an existing airline reservation.
Speaker 2: What do you do well?
Speaker 4: SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify and existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 5: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 6: Call right now.
Speaker 4: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three sixty one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four one one. That's eight hundred thirty six y one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back of the show, Bright Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Mike somber vv also Wrestling Observe dot com. Well tonight, you know it's everybody's favorite show. We've got NXT and to be honest, it ain't much of a lineup here. Eddie Thorpe will be facing Die Jack. It should be fine. We have lash legend, Oro Mensa and Noam dar versus Fallon Henley, Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen. I don't really have high hopes for that one. We've got the twenty twenty three Men's Breakout Tournament beginning, which you know when they did the women's Breakout Tournament, I mean, I couldn't handle two women's breakout matches on the single show like one's plenty. I'm sure it's gonna be the same thing with the men. It's one thing to watch green people have matches once a week. I can tolerate that twice on one show. I don't know about that one. Brothers and Nikita Lyons will make an appearance. He's back. So that's not much of a lineup at all.
Speaker 6: What kind of combination do you think we're going to get in that Men's Breakout Tournament match there?
Speaker 1: Bro I haven't even looked at the names. I heard the promos. I was like, oh my god, there's Milesbourne, there's Oba Femi, and there's that bloke that that what's her face has a crush on. No, that's a lawyer. Lawyer who actually appeared for a couple of shows a while back as a lawyer.
Speaker 6: This you guy, the chase you guy who girlfriends got a crush on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget anyway, who cares? It's a show? They better wow me tonight. We're coming off that great Iron Survivor Challenge show. Come on, see what tricks gotta say? Then we've got winners coming tomorrow Arlington, Texas. We've got three Continental Classic matches. We have John Moxley versus Swerve, which should be a blood bath, a blood bath. We have Rush versus Jay Lethal, we have Jay White versus Mark Brisco, and we have Rijo versus Ruby. Soho Hagman versus Roderick Strong. We will hear from Samoa Joe. We will hear from Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho. And yes, the Vaughan Eric family returns to Texas, and I hear they're actually returning to Texas. They're moving from Hawaii. Imagine, why would you go that way? Should be going the other way. But anyway, that's the lineup for Winter is coming. And we can look at the ticket sales here from Wressell ticks winter is coming right now?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Three thousand tickets? And the last time they were there, well it was final Battle that doesn't really count. Twenty six hundred, so they're up from the last time. They've sold ninety eight tickets in the last day, so I think they're going to finish right around thirty two hundred would be my guess. Maybe thirty three hundred, but that's Winter is coming. That is the show.
Speaker 6: Looks like no audio has arrived, at least on my end of things, which kind of stinks here, but I'll try to figure this out here. But Luca Blog, you mean no video? No video here?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Uh, Lucha Blog made a really it looks.
Speaker 1: Like you're being punched in the face by a kangaroo or something like that.
Speaker 6: Luca Blog made a good point when it came to Tony having his rh press conference right now that's going on, But he says, you know, this is a free question for anybody. Last time you swung through Texas, you brought in CMLL Star and Mystico, and tickets seemed to move well. After this time, there's only a commander in a sixth way. Was there any consideration to using more Mexican talent on this show. And I kind of have that question too, actually, kind of seeing the way that things have worked out here, because Mystico did draw so many people, you know, why didn't they or what was the I wonder what the mentality here is to not have anybody on the show, even to draw them for a dark match or something like that.
Speaker 1: I do not have an answer for you, but I do know that we have the lineup for Final Battle, which I believe is coming up Friday.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: This coming Friday? I think December? Yes, this coming is coming Friday. And I do believe that the women are going to be headlining the show. I think it is Athena and Billy Starks for the title. And yes, December fifteenth, and uh, what.
Speaker 6: Going on?
Speaker 1: What's today the twelfth?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Lord, I don't know if Russell Ticks has an update since December eighth, But on December eighth, the show was set up for thirty seven hundred and they were at one thy fifty six.
Speaker 6: I well, maybe you could have used some Latin American talent on that show as well too.
Speaker 1: All right, if there's an update since December eighth, can somebody send it to me because that's that's pretty distressing right there. So anyway, the lineup is Athena versus Billy Starks for the Ring of Honor World Title. We have a survival of the Fittest six way elimination match to crown a new television Champion, Alton Castle Commander, Lee Moriarty, Lee Johnson, Kyle Fletcher, and TVD. We have got Keith Lee versus Shane Taylor. And we have Ethan Page versus Tony Niece and an iquid match. Now December eight, they did add John Moxley, Claudio and Brian Danielson versus FTR and Mark Brisco. So my guess is that they are well above a thousand right now, but I'm gonna I'm gonna see if I can get an update, and uh, we'll find out, because you would think that match would move a fair number of tickets, That's what I would think. So that's Final Battle coming up on Friday, and then Russell Kingdom is coming up. We've got the card for the show after this past weekend. Soana A versus Nito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title, the Ocotta Danielson match God Forbid Danielson can make it there. We have got Will Ospray, John Moxley and David Finley, who will in fact be fighting for the iw GP Global Heavyweight Championship. We'll get to that in a moment. Romu will defend the junior title against El Desperado. We have go to Yoshi Hashi versus Hickoleo and l Fantasmo, and it says here for both titles, So it doesn't say that it's necessarily a unification match. It is it is for both titles, which means, you know they could, you know, the winners could defend one set of titles on one show, the other set on the other show. But now it is just for both titles. We have got Clark Connors and Drilla Maloney versus TJP and franssko Akira. Well you've got Zack Sabers Junior versus a Roshi Tanahashi for the television title and Shingo versus Tomatanga. Now this new belt, this new belt. New Japan released a statement from Naoki Sugabayashi ANDJPW and JPW Chairman, who says the IWGP US Heavyweight Championship came into being in July twenty seventeen to mark New Japan's first major event in the United States in Long Beach. After its introduction, it became the symbol of New Japan competition in the US. In the years at fall, the title will be defended in Japan, becoming familiar to Japanese fans as well. However, with the introduction of the UK Championship this summer, there was confusion among fans as to the status of the title. Maybe you shouldn't have created a new title with that in mind.
Speaker 6: They didn't. It was an angle for Osprey. They never actually created a title with.
Speaker 1: That in mind. Naoki Sugabayashi says the new championship combines it ads to the US and UK Championship roles, which will be called the IWGP Global Heavyweight Championship. As it has already been discussed in recent business strategy presentation. DU Japan is working to ensure that twenty twenty four sees our presence grow not just in the UK and the US, but throughout Europe, the rest of Asia and Oshanya.
Speaker 6: Oceanmo whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, since his name is Hey, that's another story for another day. Yeah, kind of ties into that. But anyway, they got a new Times today, Sure we got time. Hey, listen, the holidays are coming. We cant have nothing to talk about. So Moxley, will Ospray and David Finley will be fighting to determine the first IWGP Global Heavyweight Championship. And then at the end, Naoki Sugabayashi says thank you, and I thank you as well, and we'll be right back Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: How do you say you pronounced that Oceana. That's not how it's spelled at all.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of words, so.
Speaker 1: It's it's Oceania, Oceania.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not Oceanny.
Speaker 1: You know what this reminds me of. I'll tell this story now. I mentioned this many times. My best friend growing up was Chris Waller Death Cab for Cutie and uh I the first memory I have with this little bugger was we started off on a bat on bat footing we were and uh I think it was like probably it'd probably have to be second grade, maybe I don't even remember it was first but it might have been second, but you know they were all of the uh. We were looking at the map trying to learn where everything was at, and the uh. The teacher points, she goes, who knows what this is? And I I raised my hand, I said I got it. She goes, yes, Brian, I said, that's the that's the uh, the Pacific a keen and Chris Walla pipes up and goes, it's not a keene, it's ocean. And I was like and then and then yes, it might have been on the playground or whatever. He uh, and this is this is ironic. Actually, this is incredibly ironic. If you listen to the Filthy Tom show. He called me Brian shrimp because there is such a thing as a Brian shrimp, and my name was Brian, and I was small, called me Brian trimp. So man, I had enough of that guy. And so I went home and I said, h, I said, mom, can you look in this? Because we had a student directory back then, it was on paper at everyone's phone number. I said, can you, uh, can you look up Chris Walla's mother's phone number? I was mad and I called his mother.
Speaker 6: And SA, she did it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think she's gonna do. I wanted to call his mother and have a talk.
Speaker 6: Maybe like sit you down and you know, explain some things to you.
Speaker 1: I called her up and I said, you know, your son's been bugging me at school. He keeps calling me Brian shrimp and I don't like it. He's bullying me, and I wouldn't call it bullying, it's just and he was annoying me. So anyway, uh we Actually that's how we became friends when.
Speaker 6: Like him apparently, so.
Speaker 1: Here we are. I'm now forty eight. I don't know how to pronounce oh, whatever it's called, and it's not o'shania probably as well. I should be pronounced there like kinwa.
Speaker 6: That's a q.
Speaker 1: I hope that's how you pronounce that.
Speaker 6: Come quat come. Well that's a little easier.
Speaker 1: I got a lot seth Rawlins could become a free agent next year. His WWE contract is said to expire in June of twenty twenty four. Fightful reported on Monday two sides have not spoken about a possible extension. W W is expected to make re signing the thirty seven year old a top priority, making Lynch's contract also believed to expire around June of twenty twenty four, sign a new deal in twenty twenty one, time she spent on maternity leave, not expected to be tacked on the length of her contract. Oh, that's we'll see about that now, won't we see about that? Jesus, I would expect both to re sign. I would be flat gasted if otherwise.
Speaker 6: I would figure as much. What is going on in your forum? Since I have no idea most of the time and you have all of the idea all of the time. What is going on with Jack Perry and Seth Rollins? And if you already have a Jack Perry, do you need a Seth.
Speaker 1: Rawlins Jack Perry and Seth Rawlins.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I saw Jeff Hawkins post something in today's threat on Wrestling Observer Live, and I've seen other talk in there that there is a debate over if Seth Rollins is available, do you sign him? Because does it give you anything more than what you have with Jack Perry already, which seems insane to me. Yeah, what seems to be one of the insane things going on in your forum right now?
Speaker 1: Brother, it ain't my forum, and I refuse this even discuss this situation here. Sam Punk will be in action when WWE's Holiday House Show tour comes to LA later this month. Key a forum in Englewood, California announced Uncle Face. Anybody know who's a good face?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, I don't know, you don't know, I don't know. Yes, Seth please, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Dominic Mysterio, the hardest working man in WWE.
Speaker 6: Actually, that's pretty cool. That'll be good.
Speaker 1: Yes with the mizz.
Speaker 6: Hey ay la a County.
Speaker 1: Punk hasn't wrestled any matches since returning its Survivor series. He made two appearances on Raw, one on SmackDown, one on Deadline officially joined the Raw roster. Oops, that's a spoiler for the world famous Raw Report and likely Punk and Seth rawlins at WrestleMania forty, so he is not going to finish Cody's story. This person here notes that Punk wrestling in LA for sure a plot to pull a bigger audience than aw did a month prior in the same building. I don't think they need Punk there for that, but I'm sure that that's part of a lot of things.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be interesting to see how they build up one who is going to win the rumble. I would assume that it is Cody and makes his decision. But it's gonna be interesting to see how Punk and Seth react to each other, because surely that is going to be, if not the main event of one of those nights, certainly is gonna be the semi main event if they decide to go with the Women on Top with Rhea and however they decide to do that.
Speaker 1: We got some uh yeah, I'm doing something else while you're talking.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me just continue on it. Sure all right, Well, there's been a lot of talk on Wrestling Observer Radio over who would be the Wrestler of the Year in Japan, and that person is not will Ospray. Tokyo Sports has voted Tatsuya Naito as the most well, of course they did, and the Fighting Spirit Award, by the way, that poor bloke, the Fighting Spirit Award went to Keno, And honestly, you could argue that Keno is the Japanese MVP, whether you include will Ospray or not, because which you have to remember with will Osprey is yes, he has had a number of great matches in Japan, but he's also had a large number of the great matches people are talking about this year outside of Japan, and frankly, the match with Omega, as great as it was, didn't really mean anything in New Japan's business. Obviously interest in things like that, but when he came to their core everyday stuff, it actually didn't have an effect. So I'm not surprised that this happened. I'm a little surprised it was Nayato as opposed to Keno. But yeah, as you mentioned, this kind of sucks to be Sonata and things have not worked out at all with the way they may have wanted it to.
Speaker 1: I remember talking about that Sanana earlier this year and chastise for anyway, what I was doing was not playing angry birds. Boy, we're gonna We're gonna reh We're gonna redo a lot of this studio everybody. I know some of you don't care, but it's the holidays. What else do we have to talk about? What ratings? Some people are complaining about Mike's Mike right now, Well, we're gonna we're gonna get rid of some of this older technology that a while ago was you know, are you back now? Yeah, it was state of the art about fifteen years ago. But now it's a little bit behind the times, so it's gonna make life a lot easier for everybody that's going via remote. Hopefully it'll sound as good or better.
Speaker 6: And uh, okay, Greg, what does that mean for me? Since we're doing this on air right now? How does this affect mean.
Speaker 1: To get rid of that stupid tie lines where you're gonna get rid of Okay, you're just gonna need your mic and you're scarletting your laptop.
Speaker 6: That'll be it's very old computer, so just remember that. Well does it go fairly?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, let's see what goes on? All right, Well, let's talk about these ratings. Everybody's favorite, all right, there's not much talk about. Collision actually did fine against the Deadline show four hundred and fifty five thousand, which is up zero point nine percent from the previous week, i ST audience since October twenty eighth, and the best viewership the show has ever done, winning the same day as a ww E or NXT premium live event Collision at a point fourteen in eighteen to forty nine, same rating they did last week as well, and the second ice rating they've done since September sixteenth, So fine number for collision, which, by the way, hey, everybody is taped. Last time they did a tape show did poorly anyone goes see even though there was like massive competition. Well, this time it was taped and there was an NXT show had to head and they did fine. So it doesn't matter if it's live or taped.
Speaker 6: No, not in most cases. No, although I guess if you wanted to have an excuse considering that there was no football, you kind of maybe you could have dragged some drama into things. Now, as much as this number was good, come next week with the NFL running all day on Saturday, who knows how it's going to be. And then the week after that you have the pay per view, so there won't be anything there. So I don't know. It's it's gonna be a rough road to hoe here with the holidays and with the NFL facing you as well. So I guess be happy with this because you may not make it back to that for a while.
Speaker 1: And we got a rampage three hundred and forty one thousand viewers and a point one two What are you talking about? Dj? I said the tape show could hurt and it wasn't even me. It was somebody else that pointed out that it's taped, and there's there's tournament matches, and so if somebody has to choose between NXT and Collision, they'll probably choose NXT because hey, it's taped. I didn't make any bets. I wasn't convinced of it. I said it was possible anyway.
Speaker 6: AA with those NXT ratings dropping a little bit, now maybe we can say NXT's in the mud. They can't even knock aw down anymore on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: You think, Michael Booble, I'm gonna listen to you, Not a chance. And anyway, Attribute to the Troops did two point four million viewers on Fox of sixteen percent zero point sixty three and eighteen of forty nine ups seven percent. Thanks Phil Well to be honest, Oh, Brian HATESPI. I don't hate Phil. But the fact of the matter is Phil did have the highest segment on the show, but like just barely. Uh, there were like four or five segments that did really really well on SmackDown, involving various people La Night At, Randy Orton, et cetera, et cetera. So anyway, I don't care if he h's me, he ain't the only guy back in a moment with the world famous Raw Report observer line.
Speaker 7: Wendy's new breakfast two for three dollars Bigie Bundles let you create your own delicious combo. Choose from a sausage biscuit, egg and cheese biscuit, small seasoned potatoes, and a medium hot coffee. But it's obvious which combo is the best sausage biscuit and small seasoned potatoes. Well, maybe it's the fresh cracked egg and cheese biscuit with a medium hot coffee or to savory sausage biscuits. Yuh, whichever you pick, you can't go wrong. Choose wisely. Choose Wendy's new two for three dollars Biggie Bundles by.
Speaker 8: A time only US price for the space may very not below a combos think go mt a regular price.
Speaker 4: Has your heater or air conditioner busted, appliance broken, computer crashed, then you need an ARW home warranty. Home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cousse stress and cost you thousands of dollars per year. With an A plus BBB rating and a top rated home warwarded company on consumer affairs and trust Pilot. ARW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service coffee. AARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing systems, and much more. Plus, AARW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, and other home tech from accidental damage and wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven sixt nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven six y nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine seventeen.
Speaker 5: We all love.
Speaker 9: Children, and many of us have an old card truck or van in the driveway. Find the Children has a great way for you to put your unwanted.
Speaker 6: Vehicle to good use.
Speaker 2: Keep listening.
Speaker 9: Every year thousands of kids go missing. Trust me, it's a parent's worst nightmare. When a child goes missing. Every moment counts and you need all of.
Speaker 1: The help you can get.
Speaker 9: Find the Children is a nonprofit organization dedicated to locating missing children and bringing them home safely. You can help support their mission by donating your car, truck, van, or sub. A towing company will come and pick up your car for free running or not, and the donation of your car is tax deductible. Your help is providing the funds they need to continue their services. Call now donate your old vehicle to Find the Children and.
Speaker 6: Get free pickup.
Speaker 1: Here's the number.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh that's eight hundred six seven oh seventy eight thirty.
Speaker 8: Are you looking for a guilt free holiday season? Check out one hundred cawsnacks dot com. With one hundred percent natural ingredients and no sugar added. V snacks are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber and absolutely delicious. You'll get a kick out of the chocolate brownies with ASHWAGANDHA and use code no Guilt for twenty five percent off your order.
Speaker 6: That's the number.
Speaker 8: One hundred calsnacks dot com. Get the energy boost you need with a potent dose of superfo for just one hundred calories. That's one hundred cowsnacks dot com.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network Network.
Speaker 1: Can the show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simber VV also Wrestling Observer dot com. Should note go to my Twitter my ex at Brian Alvarez. Sticky there at the top is the first of four guest host spots for the Brianavinnie Show or The Filthy Show or Observer Live. You can take your pick whatever show you want, and all proceeds go to Whale Scout registered at five oh one C three. If you need a couple of tacks right house for the end of the year. If I got a great one for you, it's at fourteen one hundred dollars so far, and uh as noted, all of that goes to buy tree and mulch and plants and today a bunch of zip ties, a bunch of other stuff as well. Yeah, a lot of stuff that needs to be done when you're restoring habitat Mike, you know, so anyway, would very much appreciate everybody who is donated and will donate in the future. It's a lot of fun. I had a lot of great friends join us over the years, so you could be the next one. So get your bid in. I think we've got a couple of days left on this one, three days and four hours left, So let's let's raise some money.
Speaker 6: Everybody how much to co host wrestling Observer Radio.
Speaker 1: There is no amount of money. Let's talk about raw and oh but up with Jay Uso coming down to the ring. He's very excited. He's very excited that he got Yeat back because of course another indie wrestler owned Yeat and they very quickly got that so he can be eaedy again. And so he talks about Sammy's ain being out of action called uh said he had a partially torn meniscus, which may be real, but Sammy's ain was taking time off one way or the other. He's gonna be gone for a couple of months, it looks like. And then Drew came out and Drew first off says, I know that Punk's got to make his decision tonight. He says, Aldis you can have him. This guy will destroyed this place from the inside out. Everybody booed. Drew says, do you know him? I do. I travel the world with him. I know how this story ends. But hey, it's not about him. Let's talk about Sammy. He got done taken out because he talked about my family. And he says, how many of you if somebody uh hurt your family and did not apologize for it, how many of you would be happy with that? And jase Easiert enough of this, by the way, he still has not apologized to Drew. So it's Drew Mactirren, Jay Us and long match went through two commercial breaks. Jay hits the Kicks Out of the Future Shock, Drew takes off a corner pad, tries to Claymore, gets speared. The ref goes to put the corner pad back on like he's got a bunch of zip ties and ends up with Drew raking the eyes of Jay and then Claymore and pin him. It was a good match, near falls at the end, We're good and that's uh. Drew moving up to get a World Championship match on the first Raw of twenty twenty four. Day one Raw no longer a pay per view now just a raw. Nakamura did a promo and he essentially said, I have been reborn thanks to you. I must bring your story to an end, and always remember that you asked for this. He says, he's the real nightmare. Oh, Cody, Yeah what I say?
Speaker 6: Nobody.
Speaker 1: Finn yelled at Jad and Tom. He says, Man, ree and I are gun for one week and the wheels are falling off the wagon. You guys lost last week. Tom lost the North American title and Preece says, yeah, you know what, losing sucks, but you know what else sucks not showing up for the show. And he says Finn and I were not gonna take the creeds lightly. And Rhea says, you know it seems you're the leader and uh saying you're the Leader's much easier than being the leader, isn't it? And Priest is mad and he starts chewing her out, and Finn in the background's giggling at these guys yelling at each other. But then she says, stop not talking about you in particular, I'm talking about all of you. We need to show the world we still run this place. I don't let many one of my division disrespect me, So I'm gonna go take out Maxine tonight. And then Ivy told Maxine in another segment that she was gonna be there for tonight. So Ivy was there for But you do a damn bit of good. You know who was supremely happy watching Raw last night? Gravity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, poor Maxine, God bless her.
Speaker 1: This was the worst match of the year.
Speaker 6: No ocean cyclone suplexes.
Speaker 1: No oceanic cyclone suplexes. A man. She got in there and mistimed every single solitary spot she tried, and they didn't do much, and like every single one of them, Rhea did not look happy, and she put her in the prison lock refused to let go. I've hit the ring for the stare down. Holy smokes. Yeah, Caana Katana did a video package. They liked a party. I don't know if you're aware of that or not. Adam Pierce came out of the ring contract called out cm Punk. So cmpunk comes out. He talks about his history in this building. It's all been bad. He debut here and got sent to Ohio Valley and then he walked out during the Royal Rumble and let everybody down. Didn't mention he at his first UFC fight and got smashed, and he says, you know, couldn't write a better television show. Ten years to the day Punk walked out. Now he's walking back in and he's signing that contract. I'm going to RAW. So Seth then came out. They went face to face and Seth did his version of the Hangman promo, which is it's so funny when you really think about it. So Seth does this promo and he goes, don't talk about how this is your house. He says, you spent ten years slannering me, everybody in that locker room. You abandon this place. Now you're gonna call it home. It's not your home, it's my home. I've been here ever in the back that my brothers and sisters. I'll do everything in my power to protect this place from people like you. Let me make this clear. I want no confusion. I will say it plainly with every fiber of my being. I hate you, and if you are going to be a part of w W again, I do want you on RAW because the truth always comes out.
Speaker 6: Pal.
Speaker 1: I know you know everybody else knows this is your last chance. One of two things is gonna happen, you're gonna self destruct, expose yourself. I'll be the guy to slam the door on your legacy. Or if by some miracle you have changed, well, if you've got any gas left in that old tank, maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to get in the ring with me for the world title. I will expose you for the fraud that you are. I will show you there are levels to this. I will wrestle circles around you. I will let you understand in real time what it means to be the best in the world. And Punk says, are you done? That's your one pass to stand here, speak to me disrespectfully without me coming after you. I've never asked for anything to be handed to me. Always done things the hard way. That's definitely one thing about seeing Punk. He has always done things the hard way. He's entering the Royal Rumble, and when he wins, maybe Seth he'll be coming after him. I thought this segment was outstanding out I.
Speaker 6: Thought you'd say bootlooker or veruse hypocrite or something like that.
Speaker 1: That was great. It's a great segment. Actually it really was another great little match. It was short, but boy was it sweet Ivar and Bronson Reid. Literally the spots were, Let's run into each other. Let's run into each other again. Let's hit each other as hard as we can running at each other. And then they fought up top. Bronson Reid gave him a super plex off the top rope pinned him.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Why does this thing keep going in a subscriber and subscriber only mode? I don't mean nuts.
Speaker 6: When I was a kid, they used to give us King Kong, Bundy and Kamala as a as a gift of two big guys who were bad guys, just slamming into each other at top speed. And I can tell you this, their top speed nothing like what you're getting right now. Bronson, Reid and Ivar doing a hell of a job going up against each other. This is a kind of big cord fete.
Speaker 1: I like, we had Judgment Day doing a promo and poor Truth comes out he's acting stupid, and so they game three weeks. Then they killed him. He was absolutely destroyed. The Creeds ran down to make the save, which actually you know now they think about it. I wonder if Truth will cost Judgment Day the match next week and give the titles to the Creeds. Don't think that's impossible. Punk ran into Drew and uh, the story years at Punk kind of you know, nobody there really wants him there, which sounds like another storyline I remember from recently. Katan and Kaden beat Candice in Indie. That was quick. They're getting a title shot. Next week, we had Becky coming down to the ring and she calls out Naya Jacks Brian.
Speaker 6: Look, I know you like them, but why all the bad gymnastic routines. I mean, they have got to let you you're the only one, brother, because everybody else has got such apathy towards them that you know, they don't care if they want a party or not.
Speaker 1: No, they're they're they're much much improved, and they they're gonna work rings around Uh. I don't know about that, but I ain't gonna work rings around vocas Chelsea. Chelsea is gonna rings worked around her. Becky came down to the ring and she calls out Naya, and Nica says, you know I'm here, I'm not fired anymore. She says, I punched you, and you know what was the best thing that ever happened to you? And Becky says, I don't hold anything against you. You've injured several people, almost entered a few careers, And I said, that's why we're still talking about me two years later. You have me to thank for your career. Now, Becky's mad and basically she wants to prove that she would have been the man with or without Nya knocking her out. And she says I came here for a fight. There's Nya to hit her again. Nic says you need this more than me and she leaves.
Speaker 6: Becky said it all already.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: The whole deal with her is if the fans, once the fans, once the blood dried up, the fans would have left if they didn't care about me. And the best Night could come back with is you need this more than me. God, I hope they get rid of this quick.
Speaker 1: Then we had Imperium versus DIY and the MIZZ. Seems like there's great confusion about whether Twitch should be subscribers only are free for this show. I thought it was supposed to be free. Am I wrong?
Speaker 6: I thought it was free if you had the Twitch gimmick.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway they can argue about that. While I talk about this did I not mention the other day? I did, in fact mention this. I'm sure that I don't have time to really go into all of this, but you can listen to the Bryana Beannie Show Sunday. There were a lot of great things about AW when they started that they're not doing anymore, and one of them was, you know, let's find all the things that dry people nuts about w WE and let's not do it. And one of them was beating people in their hometown. And it became a deal where like every time you had to manchine your hometown in AW always won and the fans were happy, there was never a problem with it. And then you know, now it's like people are losing in their hometown frequently in AAW, including you know at that show that collision taping, which had like what twenty four hundred people or whatever in the building, and you bring out two point zero and they're so impossibly over and you beat them, like you couldn't beat Commander, who loses every single week. Commander beat them. And I pointed out that, like it's kind of amazing, like all the things that were great about AAW, you know, now WWE is doing it, and AW is not doing it. Now AW is beating everybody in their hometown. And here we have Imperium versus DIY and miss And you know, I had a guy going, well, you can't beat Commander and uh Penta, they're gonna be going for some belts or something. It's like, you could make the same argument about gunthern Imperium, but they had no problem beating them. Here with Di Y and the Miz in the mizz and Johnny Gargano's hometown and the fans were so happy.
Speaker 6: And anyway, you don't actually have to book the match too, Like.
Speaker 1: That's the other one. Yeah, you didn't have to book two point zero against guys who don't want to beat. That's that's like the exact same thing we used argue about WWE. It's like, why'd you meet this person the home down, Well, we can't be the other guy. What would you put the match together for give the hometown guy someone they can beat. We said the exact same thing. It's now flipped. It's amazing. So anyway, d I Y and Miss one and now miss is gonna get another shot at Gunther. And then the main event was Cody and Shinske and Shinsky blew the mist after like eighteen minutes. I was ready, just like I can't take it after a match that long, and the feud is just beginning. Knockamur and Cody. That's what Cody has to do until the Royal rumble back in the mom with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Got the show. Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike sombervb also of a Wrestling Observer dot Com. Tonight, Brian Vineen, Granny Craig and Shawn show. We've got a lot to talk about. Granny will be on as always and also we will be reviewing the December eighteen, nineteen eighty two edition of World Class Championship Wrestling. Season one, Episode fifty two is what we'll be watching tonight. We're watching all the shows leading up to that big nineteen eighty two Christmas cage match with Rick Flay and carry Von eric So. Tonight once again, December eighteen, nineteen eighty two, Season one, episode fifty two is what we will be watching so you can watch along. We'll review it tonight the rest of the fun stuff as well. I'll be posting on Grannie's Facebook page momentarily what the subject is for the Granny segment here tonight, So that's coming up, and then tomorrow we will be back here Observer Live as well as the Lance Storm Show and Rustling Observer Radio Wednesday night, No Dave, so may just be me going solo talking to news and reviewing ae W. So that's gonna be fun. So that's the plan for the next couple of days, and then we'll have a lot of mic shows the week after because I'm going to be gone. Oh yeah, yeah, I will be unavailable for shows for a week. Oh the things that you can talk about, Oh the things you can think, Mike, All the.
Speaker 6: Things we're going to be talking about once this show is.
Speaker 4: Over with.
Speaker 1: What yeah you're not around, Well we'll have to talk about that now on Oh my God, get out of here back next time, everybody, Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network