Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carl Masser along with Tim Stanevic. Let's get to some stocks on the move. You're watching Intel the socks quite a reversal in today's session from what we've seen as of late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. She here's an Intel right now, down by about nine percent. It's not just Intel. You got Qualcom taking it hit, you got Micron down, you got AMD lower today. Semiconductor power equipment, memory chip firms, they're falling today. There's a little cooling of the AI rally that we're seeing a lot of new of these chip stocks, though, have been going to new all time highs as the sector has been boosted by continued investor enthusiasm over AI infrastructure buildouts. Intel, for its part, it's just off of all time highs up this year close to two hundred and twenty percent. There's also a great story Carol on the Bloomberg terminal today about how this rally four hundred and forty billion dollars in just six weeks. Yeah, as short seller circling right now.
Speaker 3: I be they are. The problem is if it continues to turn eye or they're going to have to cover their shorts because that can be a painful trade. But we shall see, because many would say that after the run up, you might want to see a little bit of the air come out of the marketplace. Hey, I'm going to go over onto something we don't talk a lot about, but it's the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. We're talking about Zebra Technologies that stock up about twelve twelve and a half percent here, barcode scanners, printers, interactive kiosks. That's what this company makes. It's an consumer electronics company. It did report first quarter results that beat expectations. The company raised its full or forecast for both adjusted earnings and free cash flow. It's about eleven point eight billion dollar market cab company, like I said, not one that we talk about a lot, but nonetheless, investors are running into it in today's session.
Speaker 1: Investors running out of under Armour. Shares of under Armour taking a hit in today's trade, down seventeen point four percent right now. This after the company released guidance for this year that missed Wall Street projections. Remember there's that exiting of that partnership with NBA star Steph Curry. Financial Hit two also Carol the financial hit coming from the war. Yeah, a good check on the consumer as well. But this is a company that's in the midst of a turnaround right now, so this is also just a check of how that turnaround is going now. Right.
Speaker 3: There are some that it's macro related, there are some that it's specific to a company, and I think that's a really good point in general what we are seeing, certainly from some of the companies, and I think about the inflation data that we got out, even though our STU Paul said that, you know, not necessarily he's going to go into the camp of a hot hot print, but nonetheless, for some consumers the rise and energy prices, and energy makes its way through so many different products. I also read about the supply chain for semiconductors and yes, you know the AI grab and demand, it's other pieces that are also in demand, and that has just raised prices for all of those similar products that go into consumer electronics and different consumer products. So consumers kind of getting hit on a lot of different levels.
Speaker 1: Well, we spoked spoke to Denise Balana's yesterday over at Sally Beauty, and those shares took a hit after she reported earnings yesterday. And I think one of the challenges that she highlighted, at least for US Carol, was that they serve a lower end consumer. Those lower end consumers, yeah, are the ones who are getting hit hardest by an increase in energy costs. So you know, that share of what they spend on those things light gas is a lot higher than wealthier Americans, So they're going to have to pick and choose as a result of those higher prices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think it's safe to say that some of those consumers right whether don't have much of a pad, a financial pad, so any of these increases they feel it right away. So certainly something we're keeping a won.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.