Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Bailey Lipshealtz. Let's get to some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Natalia kenny Jaevich is here in studio. Let's talk about stocks on the move. Where do you want to start? I think, I bet I know where you want to start. Maybe I don't know where you want to I want Jones, No, but I love that you're going to go there, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So let's end with Papa John. The tickets Pzza the Stuff jump as much as twenty three percent today but closed about ten percent higher. This is after Street Insider reported that the pizza operator received as sixty four dollars per sure a bit from Apollo Global Management. I have to find out that the company declined to comment to Bloomberg, but sources told Street Insider that the private equity has been granted access to due diligence and a potential deal could come just in a few weeks from now. When I spoke with one analyst, and I asked, like, why would it do it right now? He's like, well, first of all, everything has a price. The company has been struggling. It's underperforming Domino's Pizza, especially after Domino started collaborating with delivery services like Door, Dash, Uber and potentially probably it's more important. The twenty twenty four was a really tough year for quick restaurant services companies because consumers are becoming more picky. Right at the low end of the consumer chain.
Speaker 1: Gotta make choices.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's food delivery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so pandemic yeas definitely was a great time. But then I looked at the price a stop price starting from October twenty twenty one. Guys, guess what it's done by sixty three percent?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Even with today's move, it's only recouping losses from like the last four days in Itali. I think gets interesting. As you mentioned, if you see a report that says sixty four dollars and it closes at forty six, I think investors aren't buying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I was surprised by that, right that it didn't even move up to that. All right, let's go to LVS.
Speaker 4: LVS Yes, Las Vegas sans the stock is down by six percent, just as other Macau casina operators. It came as some industry reports showed that demand for casinos was week particularly I'm citing Jeffrey's data. They said that demand that includes the end of the Golden Week holiday in China was lower than expected. Macau gaming revenue for seven days ended on October twelve was down forty six percent on a week of a week basis, on a month of to day basis, it's also disappointing. That implies about five percent a year of a year drop, So lots of concerns. We see that these stocks are under pressure.
Speaker 1: And you're also seeing Golden Week is such a big event in a and if people aren't leaving mainland China to go gamble, the question comes back to how is the health of the Chinese consumer or the people at the top ten percent if they aren't making those trips to I don't know, bet on horses and kind of do everything else. Have you been to mccount No?
Speaker 3: I have it?
Speaker 1: Can you No? I was in Hong Kong, but I didn't make the trip. I was told it's a glorified Vegas, and I try to limit my time in Vegas. But that's I digress, Natalia. I think the stock that you want to end on is the one that Carol thought you might start on.
Speaker 3: Can I just say the Las Vegas stands like not all gaming companies are gambling are the same, but they have increased, Like their exposure to MACAU is a big one. So the China play is really important for them.
Speaker 1: And we saw win under pressure. So two of the three worst performers we talked about that on TV, two of the worst three performers in the SP five hundred all because of that exposure to MCAU. Anyway, back to the green Yeah.
Speaker 3: All you got to today.
Speaker 4: Dot rotcom, the tickets av g O. The stock is up by ten percent I should say nine point nine eighty eight today. Of course it came off open AI agreed to buy companies custom chips and networking equipment.
Speaker 3: Had a dollar for every time I said broad Camber open AI today.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, of course it brings more positive sentiment across AI's names. I was looking at analysts reaction. Here's what I found. So for example, Millions Research that which has one hundred and forty excuse me, four hundred and fifteen price target. The stock is now treating at three fifty six. They said that this deal would double AI revenue in twenty twenty six and then double again in twenty twenty seven. However, when we look at today's price reaction, Vitil Knowledge analysts said that one of the biggest reasons why this stock jumped after earnings report is because Broadcom announced this partnership with open Ai, and they said, that's a quote. It seems like the announcement this morning is a little bit recycled, so investors knew that there was a pact between the two companies.
Speaker 3: I still on how much time do we devote talking to this.
Speaker 1: I still want to know what happens if if Opening Eye was public, where would the shares be up or down today? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Well, you know they're spending We think.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 3: We don't like this is this is this vacuum that is AI and they are, you know, kind of the poster child of all of it. And it's either going to be a massive win or I don't know, it could end badly, and we talked about it earlier.
Speaker 1: You're better off being wrong. When everyone else is wrong, than to be the one who sits it out a La Intel.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the bet, right and that's the risk. Right now.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.