Speaker 1: Welcome to Dirty Rush, The Truth about Sorority Life with your hosts me Gia Judice.
Speaker 2: Daisy Kent, and Jennifer Kessler.
Speaker 3: It's time to get dirty, dirty with some sorority lingo.
Speaker 4: We're calling this lingo bingo. We're not actually going to play bingo, but we want to talk about the lingo back by popular demand, because we did this earlier in the Dirty Rush series. We talked about the words, and so we've assembled a group, a panel, secret panel. We have young, we have old so I think our youngest is still in the sorority and our oldest is in their fifties. So we did not include the gramma generation, which we should, but we go. We span, you know, a good thirty forty years here. If you all were to think of one word that makes you think of your sorority, can you think of it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it give it?
Speaker 4: Everybody give it.
Speaker 2: As a PII. The word boom just is PIPEI.
Speaker 4: If you listen to our song episode, you'll understand why anybody else it's not sisterhood in the bonds, mine's in the bonds. We always said that in the is that what yours was?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to think of a word. I I don't know, I just go to blue and blue. Honestly, I feel like that was really hammered home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while we're on the topic, a lot of people don't understand that each so already has colors. So maybe the secret panel, why don't we go to the alpha, pi and the theta. What were your colors?
Speaker 8: Alpha?
Speaker 9: Fi?
Speaker 2: Maroon?
Speaker 10: I might have been maroon in silver, something little prian and a little accent, but mainly maroon marine.
Speaker 8: Our ours was block and gold.
Speaker 4: Oh you are black and gold.
Speaker 2: I was always jealous of beta colors. I was always this.
Speaker 11: Is sending me back to the song episode really quick. I'll just sing you an excerpt. We would do a take on black and yellow, and we'd be like black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, and we would just sing that all around the house and it would be like, yeah, you know what it is, theta yellow.
Speaker 2: They did that when I was in college too.
Speaker 8: It was that one I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: What were you again, wine and blue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a great these color.
Speaker 2: Combinations, it's not good.
Speaker 3: I remember not liking our colors and being like, I wish I was a data just for the colors black and gold and what was what wasd.
Speaker 12: G bronze pink and blue?
Speaker 4: Bronze pink and blue.
Speaker 12: Pretty girl also a strange combination.
Speaker 4: I feel like Kappa's rocking here with the blue and blue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's classic yea time.
Speaker 4: So I'd like to go into some sorority lingo that resonates with the older generation and then see if it's still used by the younger people. Does anybody in this group know what snaps are or the silent?
Speaker 9: Did?
Speaker 4: Does that mean anything to anyone?
Speaker 12: Snaps?
Speaker 3: Snaps like like like snaps like Kudo's good job type, not quite clapping.
Speaker 4: Quite clapping. The way I think it's used is like in a rush meeting. If you're like, we loved you know, Mary, and everyone starts snapping, then you just don't even have to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 6: You're kind of an agreement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did everybody use that?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We use that now. I'd like to know what everyone how they describe their chapter room. That seems to be something that people are like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 6: Are sucked?
Speaker 4: Why tell us more?
Speaker 13: It was so old it smelled, and the furniture was always pushed off to this like to the wall for I don't know, whatever dance rehearsal. You had to go through the patio to get out there. It's kind of like a detached It's interesting you.
Speaker 4: Bring up the furniture push to the walls because our arts also was all did anybody else.
Speaker 12: That used to fit all the members? And I think so maybe I didn't know that there was a chapter room. We always did it in our living room here, did you guys?
Speaker 11: Did you guys have a dedicated room just for chapter Yeah? Yes, oh we did the same thing just in our living room and there were girls sitting on the floor and it was a whole mess that was.
Speaker 4: On the floor for sure. But did you have composits? Do you guys know what composity?
Speaker 2: And that was for us.
Speaker 3: That was a big thing in when I was in college, is we would steal each other's composites like sororities and fraternities, like like we had like a Landakai and Sigma Qui.
Speaker 2: Composite at our house.
Speaker 4: And that frown on that like you could kind of get busted for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we all did it.
Speaker 3: It was like the fun thing to do, Like you would go to Lambda Kai house for like a party and steeler composite and like hang it up in your sority house.
Speaker 4: And did the houses like ours went back, like you could find years previous composites.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I go to SAE right now and I search hard, I can find the composite that features one of our panel members fathers and one of our panel members husbands on it, like it's still up.
Speaker 6: Did you know that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we had. We have old composites that are just in our hallways. So I wonder how to look at far back?
Speaker 4: It goes yeah, like.
Speaker 12: I'm not not too far because we didn't have enough wall space.
Speaker 4: I wonder where all the old composites are stored. They must be somewhere.
Speaker 11: We had the same space problem the composites, where we only had so much wall space. So every year they kept them in this big closet and then they would rotate out which composits were hung on the wall each year, so it was always like the composites from five, ten, fifteen years ago, and then it was like I don't know how they did it actually, but they would change them every year.
Speaker 4: And they were framed in sort of very big, bulky, ugly brown frames anybody else lay yeah, just really not not sleek or chic frames in any way.
Speaker 13: Did you guys at KAPA and I don't know if the girls do this, but our meetings were like Robert's rules, like secretary call to order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they were formal, Okay, did everybody have that? Pretty much?
Speaker 13: So we had like a table where the president, vice president and all the chairs sat and they faced us like it was recular, and then a gavel.
Speaker 2: We would do roll call like see the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you had to wear a skirt in our era.
Speaker 6: Yeah, same, that's.
Speaker 4: Still a thing over there. A no, we have like a skirt.
Speaker 9: We have one formal chapter meeting, I'm pretty sure it's every first of the month, and then after that people are just rolling in our sub pants. And then the chapter room for us is like once it's it's chapter room on Mondays, and then after that that's just like TV hangout room because we have a great TV in the furniture.
Speaker 12: We just do movie there downstairs.
Speaker 4: There's a TV in that room now.
Speaker 9: And it's the thing that the chapter rooms like sacred because like people who are not Kapas are not allowed to go in there. So like we have like the TV room in Kappa, but then like the Kappas can have the chapter room to watch like movie nights in and stuff too, So that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So it's like a friend room.
Speaker 4: I like that you brought that up. I'm assuming for the houses that have chapter rooms only the Kappa can go in there, not guests or boyfriends or whatnot. But they turned it into a movie room.
Speaker 9: Now it's like a cute little TV face courtyard all that.
Speaker 6: Dad, It's nice.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, what I'd like to talk about is wearing your letters. So when I was at and I know at least one other person in this panel, nobody wore their letters. Like it was very much not done. I had not one bit of capa merch. You just would not wear that. You would not wear that on campus, You would not wear that at all. What about everybody else?
Speaker 11: A high school that was like the uniform like every soret you made merch that came out every three months probably, And there were sweatsuits and t shirts from different formals and events that we had all custom made. Everyone bought them, and that's.
Speaker 3: All you wore a class whoa yeah, same that was And it was like purses with like like book bags with like your letters on it, and you wore your sweaters. You had ten different type of sweaters like all the Yeah, and then we would make for every like philanthropy event or at any like date night or formal, we would make like a shirt and then we would give it to our dates and then they would wear, you know, like it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a.
Speaker 4: Big memory of like south Sea shirts or something like that.
Speaker 6: But I think the guys made that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but w did you wear your letters?
Speaker 13: We didn't have any March like we maybe had a T shirt for Rush, but we didn't, not to the extent that it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what about.
Speaker 4: M, mom, M and lady H.
Speaker 10: I remember we had a really nice bid Day like each so already got a bid Day T shirt and you wore those on like the first day of classes or something like that. And ours was really good looking for back in the day. It looked like spearmint gum, kind of like that logo, but it was Bordeaux, not Maroon.
Speaker 8: I looked it up. It's Bordeaux. Excuse me.
Speaker 10: It was green and Bordeaux kind of Christmas vibes. But it looked really good, and so we that T shirt stamp stood out and then maybe a few more, but nothing like the kids these days, because yeah, well here has bags and bags and bags.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 11: Well, and when you get a big in your sorority, the three days leading up to it, they'll leave baskets at your door of all these custom water bottles with the letters and custom pens and damps and stuff like that. And then they also leave all their old T shirts that they don't want. So not only are you getting new T shirts all the time, you get these T shirts passed down from generations and that's literally all everybody wore along with every time there was a game day.
Speaker 8: Not to be confused with like your sorority pin that you get the special one.
Speaker 11: We would just have these circle pins made that you just close into your shirt and it would have your letters and that's my name days.
Speaker 8: And you give them to your mom to wear. Yeah, you give them.
Speaker 11: There's a parent's weekend one that you give to your parents. There's a siblings one that you give to your siblings. It's really interesting.
Speaker 4: One of our panelists which is holding up a sweatshirt with her KKG on there.
Speaker 7: I know, I think this was our last year of initiate, like as I was a senior our initiation sweatshirt.
Speaker 4: They and you are how old?
Speaker 8: H thirty five?
Speaker 4: Right, so this was a solid fifteen years ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's I mean the amount of stuff I had to get rid of like after because you just similar to others.
Speaker 4: It's just too much.
Speaker 12: It's overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've seen a lot of people like make blankets from all their stuff, which I think is really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so to the people in college still and producer E. Did you all wear your letters?
Speaker 9: Yeah, some similar thing of like pass you pass it down to your little You have like new sweatsets that come out each semester. We have like the girls in the in the chapter that like design them for us, like we know that they're going to be cute. Like that was like the whole thing that like we always hear like people talk about was like that that used to not be cute, sorority merch, and like now it's like it's like normal, really cute.
Speaker 6: So that says that like you just always wear out nowadays.
Speaker 10: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Interesting because and w you can weigh in on this. I think we were in sororities at a school at the time when yes, it was cool, but also it was not cool. Do you know what I'm saying? Like it was cool, but also no, it.
Speaker 13: Wasn't that like it was not We always knew that we were not like the Salve, that's for sure, correct and I not. But even so, cow they weren't like they weren't wearing their letter. I mean, no one had merch. Like at UCLA all of our rival schools, we would be more like, oh, we're a great school. We would do our school letters and we'd go away games or they'd come to us.
Speaker 4: But I don't think walking onto campus during the nineties with your sorority stuff on, I feel like you would have got the stink eye or it just wasn't done. It was sort of like this is a part of being at college, but it's not a part of what you do on campus. Does that make sense.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Now it's in your face. It's much more in your face, and it makes me feel sad for the girls that didn't rush or didn't get a bit. I don't know, it feels like excluding la little bit, like when you see everybody's got their logo on all the time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll have to say, in our day at our school with host a, we you could go, you could go to a party and legitimately not know who was in a sorority or not. I mean there's a lot of girls that we hung out with that I always thought they were kappas because they weren't in my sorority house and then come to find out they were never in a sorority.
Speaker 6: They just run our friend group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I would say the majority I still were in the Greek system. Like, would you have dated a guy that wasn't in the Greek system? I did, but they weren't an athlete. Yeah, okay, I copy at that. If they weren't an athlete, I just don't that would have been I don't even know how I would know them.
Speaker 13: Well, the Greek system at our school made our little circle smaller because the school was so overwhelming. It was so big and you know urban.
Speaker 4: For the people on the panel, do you mostly do you? I just acted like we're all twenty years old, did you? Or do you mostly only date people in the Greek system?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Mine was an athlete. Yeah, but he was the captain of the lacrosse team and that was like his fraternity, you know, like being That's what he always says, Like the team was kind of filled that for him. Plus we went to super small school with three fraternities, so that worked out for him for us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I feel like the majority of people in authority would only go for fraternity guys. But then again, like I was saying earlier, just the southern thing to do is to go Greek.
Speaker 8: So I would say probably eighty percent of my school was in the Greek system.
Speaker 11: There were many houses and oh and that brings up another good point. Not only would you wear your letters if you ever shocked with a boy and he would give you a T shirt and then you would wear his letters, And that was like the biggest flux of all time.
Speaker 8: Everyone was jealous of you and they were like, I.
Speaker 4: Did get that bad, I'm getting that. I'm getting what you're putting down there, Like I would I get that?
Speaker 9: A and E?
Speaker 4: Do you did you do you mostly date within the Greek system or not at your schools?
Speaker 9: I didn't rush until my sophomore year, so like, I'm actually pretty the opposite where like I grew up athlete culture freshman year and like I wasn't even like technically allowed to get into like the frat parties because I wasn't in a sorority and I had had a bid to get in to the parties that the fraternities would give out to the sororities. So like, once I joined Greek life, I was like, I don't know anyone here. I just know my chapter and like that's it.
Speaker 5: I'm good with that.
Speaker 9: So but I would say, like, I think it's I think it kind of varies. Now I feel like I see a lot more Like there's a lot more athletes now, it's like more normal for athletes to be in Greek life.
Speaker 8: Now, I feel like I'm starting to see more of a mix.
Speaker 4: And producer. E.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I loved frat boys.
Speaker 6: I did love boys.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 6: I like them a lot.
Speaker 4: I think my girls do. I think I still do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I still do. I'm like, and what house each.
Speaker 4: Did you marry a fraternity boy or no?
Speaker 12: No, he was an athlete in college?
Speaker 4: Okay. See it seems very in that this is a recurring theme that if you weren't in the Greek system but you were an athlete, it's almost like a pass. None of us were like, no, I just met my husband or boyfriend in chemistry.
Speaker 6: Like it's I think.
Speaker 1: I think because fraternities in sports are communities, and it's kind of interesting when people are part of communities because it gives off other clues, like they're social, they have friends, they have passions, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and athletes were always invited to our fraternity parties as well, like they could come.
Speaker 4: Totally and it was kind of like extra cool. Like I remember being at an SAE party and there was always a couple football players there and You're like, oh my gosh, so and So's here.
Speaker 13: Wow, well they it was easier for the athletes to be in fraternities in our day now, like they're just so focused on the sport they're not really allowed to be in fraternities. But yeah, so then though, you had your double threats. Yeah, the athletes and.
Speaker 4: Lady W Madam W. That is correct. If you were dating the guy that was in the fraternity and the athlete, I mean you were you were winning. That's what you call that's what you call a smoke.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I mean you're.
Speaker 4: I'm getting in my mind a couple guys that then played professional football, and I'm just like like, I don't know, w if you're thinking of the same thing. But it's like there's a there was a couple guys that were fraternity guys cal football players that went into the NFL, and it's like, well that's the trifecta, Like you've just you've really won the lottery.
Speaker 6: I think with that, Yeah, well you could. I don't know I have.
Speaker 4: We had some Olympians too.
Speaker 13: A huh slash yeah, frat slash Olympian.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I tapped a lot of those. I married one and spent a lot of time with a lot of the others.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had a lot of notches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, those were the days. I'm trying to get those, get those back again. Okay, So I want to talk about something. Did everybody in this panel make it to the end? Did anyone have to deactivate?
Speaker 8: I dropped out?
Speaker 6: Oh god, I was dishonorably discharged. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you don't mind telling us your situations, it's anonymous. Why don't we begin with L and then we'll go to W.
Speaker 8: Okay, So, I mean mine was really not that big of a drama.
Speaker 11: Basically, what happened is the summer after my junior year, I was doing this internship that I absolutely loved, and I was coming up on senior year and they wanted me to come back and recruit, which meant that I would have had to go back to school two weeks early, move in early, all of that, and I would have had to stop my internship early because I wasn't blaming originally to go to recruitment.
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh, I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 11: I have this internship, but I didn't get it excused in time, which was like probably my bad. But anyways, they came back to me and they were like, if you don't come and recruit, we're gonna find you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: And I was like, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: I don't even feel like at first, being in Shorty is so much fun, it's so exciting, but I feel like as time goes on, you kind of phase out of like, at least for me, I kind of phased out of caring as much or wanting to be as involved as I was maybe sophomore year, you know. So I really thought about it and I was like, Okay, go recruit, which I didn't want to do. Pay a thousand dollars or drop out, and I was like, I'm gonna drop out and.
Speaker 4: This was your senior year. Did you drop out senior year?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this was right before my senior year started, So I just wasn't in it the last year of college, which ended up being fine because by then I was already established and how my friends and then I kind of just skipped out on chapter.
Speaker 4: Well, my question for you would be, do you consider yourself a FATA.
Speaker 11: See that's a tough question because in my mind, yes, because I went through initiation and I went through all the things, and I still have so many friends that were in it, and I absolutely did love it. But then on the other hand, I feel like it's maybe offensive to other people for me to call myself that because I kind of skipped out on the end.
Speaker 4: So I do technically, so we can explain to people listening technically to be considered and somebody keep me honest. A sorority alumna, I don't know how you say it. You have to make it the whole way. You can't you can't leave early or you lose your ability to be affiliated with the sorority. Does that Is that how everybody sort of feels?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: Correct, I think so too.
Speaker 11: So it's hard because having had that experience anytime someone's like, oh I was a theta, I'm like, oh I was too.
Speaker 8: And then I'm like, oh, could I say that?
Speaker 10: I don't know, And as Elle's mom, I was really nervous about her regretting it in the long run, and so I just said like we need to, you know, sort of do.
Speaker 8: Like highs and.
Speaker 10: Lows, like what's what's at stake here? And you were like, I'm not going to get to wear the cord at graduation.
Speaker 4: But you didn't think that's interesting.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can record it graduation, which you didn't think it was a problem, and then there was maybe one other thing, but when you.
Speaker 8: Checked and balanced it out, like you were totally fine with your decision. Yeah, it doesn't seem like you regret it. No, I don't feel like I do. I really did enjoy it for the time that I did it. But then I was kind of like, well, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I was considering dropping out my senior year and the reason for financial reasons, and the reason I didn't was so that I could get the alumni status and have it for like networking possibilities for my career and things like that.
Speaker 5: So I did end up.
Speaker 7: I'm like, you kind of Like by senior year, I was a bit checked out of it, and it was like, I have a different life that's not centered around the Southrity. But because I wanted like those networking opportunities and things like that, I stuck it out till the end to be considered a a cap cap gamma.
Speaker 4: So I get that, what w what happened to you?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 13: I guess I didn't admit it and actively like try to remove myself from the house. A bunch of us moved onto North Side senior year, like eight of us, and we would go to Monday night meetings, but we would get fined or I guess, I don't know. I think I didn't learn that. I was like, what do you call it? It's not like bad standing? Yeah, I called it live in them with bad standing. So I was able to join the alumni network, but I didn't actively leave. And then I have like thirty five hundred dollars worth of unpaid bills apparently that my dad.
Speaker 6: Didn't pay and I didn't.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn't learn of this until I went because you had to go online to write a letter of wreck huh for a couple of kids in our neighborhood girls. They were older than my girls and I didn't so I didn't learn of this until this is well before my girls were going to school, so I was a little nervous they wouldn't get into PIEVI. But I went to go online and they said, oh, we can't accept your whatever sorority number. Your name shows up as unpaid bills from nineteen ninety four. So like they knew my chapter, they knew my style. And this was like, you know that whatever chapter wherever? Where's headquarters for pipevis at Illinois? I can't remember, Yeah, but someone was keeping track on paper. So thirty five hundred dollars of bills my dad did not pay senior year because we moved out because he didn't think he needed to pay the bills.
Speaker 6: So wow, it's more of like it.
Speaker 4: Can you technically not so you cannot write recommendation letter.
Speaker 13: No, So that is a bad thing about being not being in good standing alumnus.
Speaker 11: I don't think that I could write it one. No, I think there's no way.
Speaker 4: I think the tough thing at our school was at the time, and it's different now. If you moved out, if you did not want to live in the house senior year, you had to deactivate because at the time you're required to live in the house. That is not the case other places. For me, I agree with h that there was something to being able to have it into eternity, you know, rather than not have it. So the others, e you made it the whole way.
Speaker 12: I made it. Yeah, we're good, paid, you're good. On the rec.
Speaker 6: Side, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Two mother daughters here.
Speaker 6: Thanks daughters.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's do a speed round and I'm just gonna go through some of the young young things and have the young people tell us. We want to do some college lingo. So this is not sorority lingo, but this is just general college lingo. And i'd like the young ones too. In just a few words, explain what these are.
Speaker 12: Uh Riz parisma, sus, suspicialist.
Speaker 4: Sneaky link. This is a good one.
Speaker 12: I just learned your secret hookup.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: But tell me more about this. So a sneaky link is a fraternity boy.
Speaker 9: It can be anyone can be some guy that like you're gonna go have like a late night hookup with that, like you shouldn't that. You guys are like not saying anything about because he's not like, boyfriend, do you.
Speaker 4: Like makeout or whatever?
Speaker 12: No strengths attached, No strengths attached, Like that's the sneaky link.
Speaker 4: And do your sorority sisters know about your sneaky.
Speaker 9: Your friends know about your sneaky link, but like you don't want like outside people knowing about your sneaky link.
Speaker 12: Attached to sneaky link. Everyone I know would.
Speaker 14: Always have the thought of, like if something bad happened to their sneaky link, because you had like secret emotional connection to them, but no one else knew about it.
Speaker 12: So like I would always think, like.
Speaker 4: If your sneaky link died, you couldn't go to the funeral. Yeah, speak, you just have to be the woman in black with some.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, I mean We've got a term for that in our generation.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you when we get to our generation.
Speaker 4: Yeah I need to know. Okay, so remember situationship. Everybody knows I'm skipping that one. Crash out.
Speaker 8: Crash out is exactly how it says it. It's just like you're crashing out of something. You're just like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: When you and I were in the car the other day, did I crash out? When that woman.
Speaker 11: I would consider that a crash I would too, but it was like pretty valid crash out.
Speaker 4: I would say lower lower? What is Laura? I hear you guys say this all the.
Speaker 12: Time, like your secret backstory.
Speaker 9: Like that's like like you're like, whoa, I didn't know that about you.
Speaker 6: That's lore.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Is this one? Bet? Bet?
Speaker 6: Bet?
Speaker 9: It's like saying okay, like like you could be like, let's hang out at five okay, bet?
Speaker 4: Oh so it's like you bet, yeah kind of so you guys are so busy that you had to shorten it.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: The Lulu, we all know what is?
Speaker 5: She ate?
Speaker 12: She ate?
Speaker 6: Like she this is my favorite from this generation. I love. I wish I would say.
Speaker 12: So, like, so good, that girl's a queen.
Speaker 11: She ate and lest no crumbs exactly see something.
Speaker 12: I feel like killed that and I.
Speaker 4: Feel like the other day. I ate and then I then I pooped the bucket like I ate, and then I yeah I did. I was doing so good. I ate, and then it was like I don't know what happened. Okay, what is low KEI versus high key?
Speaker 5: Another giddy?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do I explain that low keys? Like you say It's like.
Speaker 9: You could say, like, I'm kind of upset low key, and it's like, I'm not that upset, like semi like I'm semi upset, like I'm I'm low key upset right now. And then if it's like high key, it's like you high pretty upset, I'm up, I'm livid.
Speaker 4: Are you crashing out? If you're high.
Speaker 9: Key almost yes, you're you're pretty much there.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing when they say esthetic. Oh yeah, like it's so esthetic. That's not correct. They said, what's what aesthetic means? It has asthetic look, it's esthetically pleasing, but they use it completely wrong. So they'll just come into a room and say, it's so aesthetic. What whatever? POV. Let's talk about POV point of view, but what is that? But how would you use this?
Speaker 14: It's kind of like, listen to my story, I'm setting the scene point of view, POV.
Speaker 12: This is where we are.
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 12: Does that make sense?
Speaker 9: You know someone will post and be like POV, I just fell on the ground and got her in front of everyone, and like they'll post a photo of it.
Speaker 6: It's like POV this.
Speaker 4: I will skip to the old generation now and we will look, we will bring this back. We will bring back lingo bingo in a few weeks. But I will rattle off the old generation language, which is terrifying that we're the old generation because there is another We got to get the grammas on. But I would like the old people to comment m W and me, and also the young ones to say, if they would ever use these things, that's tight.
Speaker 10: That reminds me of what they say. Now, that's lit. I think that's the new that's tight.
Speaker 6: That's not the definition of that's tight.
Speaker 4: Well, how would you say that's tight?
Speaker 12: And that's W's favorite word.
Speaker 4: Talk to me.
Speaker 15: W W would use it if I if you get pushed down a flight of stairs, you look at the person who did the pushing, you say, that's tight.
Speaker 8: That's true, mean kind of col's not cool.
Speaker 6: So that is true, low key, not good.
Speaker 4: Amazingly accurate. Obviously, we all use rad.
Speaker 2: You are the queen of rad Oh.
Speaker 4: I'll put it in a text back rad Oh.
Speaker 7: My husband quotes you all the time and he's like.
Speaker 8: In the in the words of a lady, g D lady.
Speaker 13: I think we use rad sarcastically now when we're like, oh, that is if someone does something stupid.
Speaker 6: We're like that was rad.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it slips out for me, it's just like cool rad Uh. Duh is one of my favorite ones that I think spans all generations. Do we agree?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, duh is just so great for sure?
Speaker 12: Oh wait, gen Z twist on it ready for this? Yeah, Laida?
Speaker 8: Oh it's French?
Speaker 4: How can you please use that in a sentence.
Speaker 14: Like and it comes with like the full body when you're when it's the way that you would say duh.
Speaker 12: Me and my friends go Lada, Okay, that might work.
Speaker 8: That's really good.
Speaker 4: Lame, which I think.
Speaker 6: That's the best. Yeah, it's the best word because it's it's very meh. It's like, yeah, it's lame.
Speaker 4: Stop being so lame, Like why wouldn't you text me back? It's so lame, Like, I don't I'm not even doing anything weird, Just text me back.
Speaker 6: Girls can be lame.
Speaker 13: Rooms are lame, Situations are lame.
Speaker 6: It's lame.
Speaker 4: Show is lame?
Speaker 6: Easy again? Another low key?
Speaker 4: Dinner is so lame.
Speaker 13: Yeah, dinner is always was. Monday night meals were always lame.
Speaker 4: Now the girls put sleep together on here is that something that only old people say?
Speaker 12: It feels weird? To say sleep together.
Speaker 6: We didn't say that, Amy.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I said it, but I certainly did not say what the crass ladies of today say. I definitely did not. We would say did you do it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: You know what? Yeah, you are right.
Speaker 13: We didn't even say anything remotely like that. If you hooked up with someone or scam was another word that we used. It was always kissing and if there was, if there was sex, no one talked about it.
Speaker 4: That is accurate, Madam w. That is so accurate. There's so much less talking about it. Yep, and not. I'm not even saying it was shameful or not. It just was not talked about. The thing that's very confusing is when we say hooked up, you definitely were not talking about doing it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was just always just kissing.
Speaker 4: Maybe laying down, maybe laying down kissing, laying down kissing.
Speaker 6: Like it was getting together, hooking up, scamming.
Speaker 13: We're all about like the you could do that on the bus on the way to the.
Speaker 4: Total mixer scamming. Get together that was People would ask like did you get together?
Speaker 8: Did you hook up?
Speaker 4: But not sex, just did you make out?
Speaker 6: Yeah? But I don't think we ever young asked.
Speaker 7: By the time, were millennials hookup definitely meant sex?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it did not mean sex in our day.
Speaker 8: Now I feel like it means everything.
Speaker 11: And it's pretty mis because some people will be like, well, we hooked up, but they just meet in that day kiss, or some people.
Speaker 8: Will say, oh, we hooked up, and it'll mean sex, and but it's just kind of mysterious. It's like, oh, we hooked up. The lines are blurred.
Speaker 11: But also sometimes it's funny hearing the order generation you hook up in the sense of like getting together with friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, no, no, we do that all the time. I'd be like, do you want to hook up later?
Speaker 13: Yeah? That was My kids were so like over me asking them, And you can hook up with your friends after school, like surely not.
Speaker 12: I think what people are not just so strong.
Speaker 9: What people are more confused about now is when parents say like, oh, you're dating, and it's like, no, we're not dating. Like but then they'll be like, wait, you guys are going on dates, so that means that you're dating. That doesn't mean that you're dating though.
Speaker 2: Confusing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the whole talking and dating dating.
Speaker 9: Has to be boyfriend, girlfriend, like you have the blamed labeled boyfriend girlfriend to be considered dating. If you're going on dates though, and there's no label, you guys are just talking and then that means you're just in a situationship. And that's where the situationship comes into play.
Speaker 4: So you can be going on dates with someone you're just talking to. Yes, makes no sense, just letting you know, no sense? And what is seeing each other? That's what I hear old people saying. Now we're seeing each other and I want to be like, please shut up.
Speaker 9: I feel like seeing each other as just you're talking to them like I'm talking to blah blah blah.
Speaker 12: But we don't even say that.
Speaker 4: It feels so old to me.
Speaker 12: It's like we don't say that. We don't say seeing each other.
Speaker 4: Do you say going steady?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: One says that that's from the fifties?
Speaker 4: Correct, that's what I'm saying that that is. I don't even correct, Thank you, m. I think going steady is in the fifties happy days era. Yeah, or that's the one above us. Now what about this one, which is a classic classic sorority term. We used rager. It was a rager that was.
Speaker 6: The only way to describe a party. Yes, are we gonna rage? Do you a rage? Let's rage?
Speaker 12: It sounds so cheesy.
Speaker 8: We we still use that.
Speaker 11: And to take it a step further, if it was a day party rather than a night party, it.
Speaker 4: Was a danger.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We were very clever with that kid. We never used danger, but I wish we did.
Speaker 8: I love danger. The whole debate was danger or darty. I like dager.
Speaker 4: What's a darty? Same thing a day party? I like dayger though. That's a well.
Speaker 8: It's a good it's a good one.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: We are gonna need to bring this back in another month or so because I feel like we are going to have a lot more lingo bingo. And that is another episode of Dirty Rush The Truth about Sorority Life.