Speaker 1: Every day a week. Click up the Breakfast Club. You don't finish for y'all done.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody in Steve j Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Long the roads to see it as well.
Speaker 1: We got a special guest in the Belding Absolutely, Eric Bellinger.
Speaker 3: Welcome you doing man, happy to be back.
Speaker 2: Now you're in town. You're on tour with Chris Brown and Rushing. Yes, sir, how's that tour been going this week?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: It's a movie, bro U. Craziest show ever, Craziest show ever, especially on the R.
Speaker 3: And B tip.
Speaker 5: Now you come out dead, my ba I've been.
Speaker 6: You come out and Mike is all not playing, man, you'd be getting to it.
Speaker 5: I'm so freaking proud of you to see on.
Speaker 6: Those stadium stages like stop playing people know, Eric Bellan, So proud of you, bro Thank you appreciate.
Speaker 7: That you know one thing about you you You've written a lot of hits for everybody right like you. I've always wondered for songwriters like yourself, the songwritering ever become a prison, like you're making other people's staws.
Speaker 3: Nah, because the thing is a songwriting job.
Speaker 4: Is It's a privilege, honestly, like to be able to say, yeah, I was a part of that song, part of this song. It's a big, big bar. I'm just also passionate about my artistry too.
Speaker 7: But is it tough to like write songs for other people and they make them stars that you still trying to convince people your.
Speaker 4: I think for the for the songwriting part of it is just like, Okay, these songs have a completely different type of push.
Speaker 3: Every song I've been working on with somebody's most.
Speaker 4: Likely like major label, big building behind it, and then I have been on my independent journey. So you know, they say comparison is the thief for joy. So I never wanted to even cloud my mind to thinking they're better or I'm less than because the music it's the same quality.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how did the tour happen? How did you get on the tour?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I was at a concert actually be two K concert in LA and right behind me it's Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: He just tapped me on the shoulder like yo. I was like, oh see me.
Speaker 4: He was like, yo, I'm putting together this tour and I want you to be a part of it. I want to you know what I mean, pitch it till you pitch the idea. I was like, no pitch necessary, he said. He said, no, I'm still want to picture to you like nah, gang like send me the info in details when it's time.
Speaker 3: Man. That was it, and that was it.
Speaker 1: He kept his work.
Speaker 2: He did, Wow, Yeah, that's a writer. Do you have to go back and forth like should I give this to an artist? Should I keep it for myself? Kind of like with Cholamine said, do I want to be my own start? H I know this is a hit, and I know when I give it to him, I'm giving a hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: It's sometimes that I like will be keeping in the Eric Balancer folder and then maybe Usher hit me like yo' what's cracking?
Speaker 3: You got anything but da da da, And then I'd be like, Okay, I was saving this one, but it's ussure.
Speaker 4: So if I can get him to sing this song and take it to the next level, if I'm Eric Bellinger forerroal, I should be able to write another one.
Speaker 7: Do you ever feel like being the industry secret weapon cost you any like mainstream fame?
Speaker 4: You know, for a long time I was skeptical about putting out what I wrote a long time and saying, hey, I had something to do with that. He ad because I had like a whole situation happened where I was posting about the music and somebody went for me on Twitter crazy. So I think from then I was kind of traumatized about putting it out there.
Speaker 3: And then I seen stuff happen to people like Quinin.
Speaker 4: Miller and like, you know what I mean, like the songwriters, they were just getting frowned upon for being proud of their work and their accomplishments and their compositions. So I just kind of kept it low key for a while, and it was if you know, you know, but it's starting to out.
Speaker 7: Whether the artists that came for you. Yeah, I almost have missed that one. Nah, damn No, I didn't miss it.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I thought what she's looking at.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask what changed because at one time writers didn't necessarily talk about the songs that they wrote, right, But most times people didn't think about it. People didn't care, right, they just you heard the song, it's a dope soul. You keep it moving. But now it's to the time, like you said with quintin it and yourself and some of these other writers where people attack the writers like that's your job, Like I'm writing, this is my check. This is where I get my brother, I get my publishing. I wrote, like when when did the time change where it became okay now where people are more understandable.
Speaker 4: She So the beginning was all good. You knew that the Temptations wasn't writing the songs.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: People cared though it is good music.
Speaker 3: Good music, entertainment.
Speaker 4: But I think once the rap era began, it was more so about the MC and more make.
Speaker 3: Sure your bars is you can't rap nobody else bars.
Speaker 4: And then the line started getting blurred because the rappers started having melody.
Speaker 3: So now maybe the rapper didn't.
Speaker 4: Write that song, but they still have to persona or have to feel like, nah, it's my lyrics. And you know, maybe the insecurity could show you know, and it was just like yo, just ghostwriting is the thing now, like but I have no ghost You're gonna know that I did it. You know what I'm saying. I'm getting this publishing, I'm getting credit. My lawyers is handling the producer deck. We're doing all that.
Speaker 7: Different genres, though, I think that it's more acceptable in R and B, Like, yeah, a rapper getting somebody to write his raps is like I think, so, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It though, I think so maybe if it's if it's a battle rapper, this is a battle raper, but doctor think about.
Speaker 3: Like a French Montana or something like that. About no stylist, Yeah go cut that, do that, bro, But that's different.
Speaker 7: It's a hook Like I don't mind a song, okay, but I'm talking about your actual bond that you.
Speaker 4: Speaking Yeah, yeah, yeah, the bars m it's it's it's tricky for a rappers rapper, you can't call your so for rapper.
Speaker 3: You just gotta be like I'm an artist. I'm an artist artist, but.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the writer can't be the artist because they ain't got the delivery, don'et got the penmanship, and sometimes the artists don't have the penmanship.
Speaker 5: So it's a dynamics of the artist.
Speaker 3: I agree with it, especially me. That's the money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So for people to you know, frown upon or down upon the songwriter.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's the that's the first step for disaster.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Like you got to get a professional songwriter to give you a professional song.
Speaker 2: What's one song you gave away you didn't want to or that came out here and it was like ship, I shouldn't knew I shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I think my favorite vibe that could have actually fit for me was let Me See Usher featuring Rick Ross.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Hey you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: The club song with the falsetto like that was the That was a contrast that was just dynamic.
Speaker 5: And I just learned something I did not know. You wrote that. That is my ship.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it makes so much because I feel like all writers there's like a brand of sound that if you're good, we can hear.
Speaker 3: And be like Eric, I recognize that pin was.
Speaker 8: That part of the Were you talking about Tory Lanez earlier?
Speaker 3: No, I was talking about Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, because I'm.
Speaker 9: I know even Tori had a thing too, But it was over the song and like the tag and the vibe favorite song.
Speaker 3: When he did it, I was just like, hey, look, hm, bro didn't like that. I said, hey, look what.
Speaker 1: Was what was nick mister?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: What was Nikmi?
Speaker 9: Mina was mad at So it was back in twenty fourteen. Right, she claimed, uh, a very long time ago. So Nicki Minaj and Eric had a dispute on social because you had said that in different interviews that you co produced her hit single in Dakonda Innakonda, and she didn't like that because she's known for her own pen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think she was just trying to dad it because she didn't want people think I was writing her bars.
Speaker 3: But I was on the protection side. Yeah, it's what it is.
Speaker 7: Eric, tell you something that's not one to claim. Okay, that's been cool. You want to be cool arguing over.
Speaker 3: But my section was that my ad don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm like, hold on, you should slip the sample like this, this is the arrangement, throw this baseline on it.
Speaker 3: It was I involved myself with.
Speaker 1: I hated that record too.
Speaker 8: She said, you was thirsty for attention. That's why you.
Speaker 4: Because I posted it. Everybody I looked and the other producers posted it. It was like, okay, this is the way. This is a tiny post. Were excited about the ram, right, you.
Speaker 5: Know how many bitches my an I kind.
Speaker 1: Of don't.
Speaker 3: That whole little thing.
Speaker 8: Did you have an official credit on a song?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 4: It just got real ugly. It's like, Noah, he's not involved on that song. I said, but I am though.
Speaker 1: Why are you man of God for protecting you?
Speaker 3: That's crazy? Jesus Christ s Nazare.
Speaker 4: We're talking about what happened, and I'm explaining it. If I work on a song, I work on a song my pub and don't dot me wrong.
Speaker 7: Did you get paid negatives like I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like, I just like, so you just left it.
Speaker 9: I'm good you're getting money because regards of it, like that song and not that was a big song for her.
Speaker 3: I'm good it was exactly.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you one day, I didn't realize you was independent because I mean, hearing your name for so long, I never even thought about it.
Speaker 1: I never when you said that, I.
Speaker 9: Felt like I knew it because I always felt like, why isn't why don't you get certain things? Like I feel like people in the industry themselves, not the labels look out for you, like they put you in places like you whose siney DES's where you did you do with Usher?
Speaker 8: Usher?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: And that was like a big moment. He made sure he gave you like love there like the artist. You're like an artist artist, they love it, but when you drop your music, I feel like, sometimes we don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think for me a lot of the project being independent.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm an artist, I'm a songwriter.
Speaker 4: But on the business side, I might not have known the proper channels to plug everything in. So it was like it kind of could have gotten missed by a gang of people. But the people that were tapped in was like, what's going on? The music is crazy, but I'm not seeing it where I was supposed to see it, And it was like, oh, I don't even know. It was supposed to be over there. I was supposed to be at the studio and I was there.
Speaker 6: So music always been your passion because you turned down USC football scholarship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to go and do music.
Speaker 5: But it was real nice in football.
Speaker 4: I was nice in football. I need you try to go to a YouTube dop car you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Everybody was highlights because.
Speaker 4: People were like, yeah, right, yeah, your boy was nice out there. I was running back and yeah, and kickoff return specialists like get that ball up there, we out of here.
Speaker 3: He was gonna say running back, yeah, because of.
Speaker 8: His height and his.
Speaker 5: Running back.
Speaker 9: But I only know that because I used to work in real sports at State. I remember who don't matter. No, I used to work like during that time. I worked at the gym, so you would see the different players coming in and you I would have to check them in so I would know who was playing what, and I learned the shapes of the people.
Speaker 1: Ye are you like six kids?
Speaker 9: Not that song?
Speaker 4: I got some boots on today. Okay, I got the Princes Daddy's.
Speaker 6: So although you were really good at it, you were like nah, even with a nah.
Speaker 3: I got hurt.
Speaker 4: I got heard my knee was hurt in the All Star Game, the six o five All Star Game right before college. I also got a deal at the same time. I offered to sign to an Epic Records with Max Goose, and it was my first time really being introduced to music on a professional level like that, and I was just like, I'm willing to give it a shot.
Speaker 3: M know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you did sign the deal at one point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I was like eighteen, I was in the R and B group though like B two K days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's one line of music? And discreet tells artists about needing a major label.
Speaker 4: I think they make you think you need because there's just is so many things like I've learned now, I would have I would have keep been like, you don't need to deal if you ask me like a year ago. You know, this is my first deal I just signed and I'm seeing now like, oh.
Speaker 3: That's why, because everybody's just like, what's going on? Why you're not old?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't have people working the DSPs properly, and I didn't have people that had relationships at Apple and Spotify and now.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a difference when the radio station hears from a major label and says we need you to play this Eric Belencher song, or we need you to take this meeting, then me and my team that you know what I mean, we building calling being like hey.
Speaker 3: I can talk me in online one. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just different, and I'm experiencing both sides now so I could appreciate the nose that people were giving me so that I can now just really hear it's this joy of the yes.
Speaker 9: The song on the project when you talk about experiencing the nose and all that stuff right in that song you talk about like how you felt like it was almost like a protective thing. You ever regret though, sometimes like are you ever sitting like dang? But if that was a yes, I would be right here, like is there ever any regretting? Haven't accepted now?
Speaker 4: No, because my mental now is like prepared now, I'm ready. I think everything before was Eric Bellinger the flesh wanting it now, but now it's like, okay, Eric Bellinger, the man, ready for it.
Speaker 5: That's why the name of the record is thank you for telling me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know, yeah, them bars, them words is everything found out. Your rejection was my protection. It's such a blessing, you know. That's the Every song is on that energy.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with that.
Speaker 7: That's why I don't triple over nothing that doesn't happen, you know for me, because it.
Speaker 1: Clearly wasn't meant for me. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I always feel like you get way more nose in life than yeses.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But you just need that one yes to change everything.
Speaker 4: Nobody tells us that I like that, which you just said. It's like you get more nose and yes, it's y'all right, It's cool. But we just only want to hear yes. But just know that them nos gonna come with it like basketball shots. They know they ain't gonna make every shot that's right, them boys that go in, yeah, is the one that's on.
Speaker 1: How many times have you said no?
Speaker 2: Like if all this asked to work with, you just didn't feel a vibe, didn't feel rare, rare, rare.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, I'm just like kind of honing in on I gotta I can't right now. But my whole thing has always been due for others, as is you wish to be done unto you.
Speaker 3: So I'm treating everybody like I got you. If I can't do it, I do it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I got If I can't, I got you, And I just will always overextend myself to just try to make it happen. And in my mind, I was playing seeds so that when that favor came around, people would be willing to do the same. But once I started seeing like, hey dog, so I'm about to be doing this, I need you to hop on this joint or hey you think I could, Like damn, they not really returning that favor like I thought. So that was one reason that made me just locking on myself.
Speaker 6: It's successful your last two three years crazy, I've been seeing you everywhere, but I've been with you and listening to you and Fido for a long ass time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm just so happy to see you, like yeah, right, and actually getting up to where you where.
Speaker 5: You want to go. But like you also, you lost your mom years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and what did that put into perspective for you to make you even keep going like this? Because that wasn't a long time ago, right, you know, yeah three years ago.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, no, that was like life changing. You know.
Speaker 4: I think I focused so much of my time and my energy and my love to my mom that I didn't even realize it. But mentally, especially with her being sick. She had sickle cell, so it was in and out at a hospital a lot, and I always was like, okay, now let's move you closer than me.
Speaker 3: Boom, that's one thing. Okay, now I could be the one to take it to the DIALSTI to take to the hospital. Boom. Now she got sick. Now it's like, okay, let's put her in the home.
Speaker 4: Like I was just responsible for everything, and it was like I just didn't realize it.
Speaker 3: But once when she passed, I was just like mentally drained to.
Speaker 4: The point where I just was like, I don't have nothing to do, and I don't want to do nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't care to do nothing.
Speaker 4: And so incidentally I had a tour that was already playing like a month later, so she knew about the tour and everybody knew, you know, But once she had passed, I was like, am I gonna go on the tour?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna cancel the tour?
Speaker 4: And the way that I was feeling while sitting at home, I was like, nah, I can't sit in this. So for me, it helped to actually keep going. My fans were so supportive of me, and they were the ones that kept me filled, kept me preyed up, giving me blankets with you know, pictures of me and my mom, giving me mugs, giving me wind chimes, giving me all of these things that just reminded me that you know, she was always with me.
Speaker 6: Does it still get hard for you at times? These shows night after night? And you you know the song for her too, just like you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wrote just like you just to thank you, to like let everybody know, like man, I am who I am because I always wanted to be just like you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So when people hear that, they're gonna they gonna get a piece of me, and you know, and for their mom because people that have heard it and their moms are still here, they're like, yo, I sent that to my mom.
Speaker 3: She loved it. So it's beautiful to still, you know, be that rip in the ocean.
Speaker 7: And have you given yourself a chance to grieve? Because they always say staying busy as a response to trauma.
Speaker 3: I think so I agree. I agree. I don't even know. I don't know if I have yet.
Speaker 4: I think that although I am busy, it's like the life of an artist.
Speaker 3: We got a lot more free time than people think.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It's a lot of hurry up and wait. And in that time and in those moments, I embrace that alone And especially in a hotel room, it's like what all right, y'all goes to the hotel you.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I mean, it's you in the walls.
Speaker 4: So a lot of thinking and a lot of healing takes place when I'm by myself.
Speaker 2: I enjoy that time the most. The hotel time yeah, because you don't really think about it. But when you're on the road and you're in that hotel and yeah, you know, for me, my kids are home, my wife is home, and everything shuts down.
Speaker 3: It's a balance.
Speaker 2: That's some of the best times ever. I could just relax and just think, I agree.
Speaker 6: So, how is your beautiful wife? I was gonna call it your brother.
Speaker 4: She helps you, man, so she So that's the song crying Friend of You, which is the single. It actually stemmed from me feeling that safety net and feeling.
Speaker 3: Like I could actually cry to her.
Speaker 4: And she not gonna weaponize it. She's not gonna judge me. She's gonna comfort me. She's gonna rub my back. She gonna baby, I'm here, I got you, you know what I mean. So I'm just grateful to have, you know, someone that is for me. She on the flight right now, she's finna be here, no coming to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, good ones, I'm checking the flight. Ain't Now.
Speaker 7: What's something marriage taught you that Dayton never could?
Speaker 4: Because I know, I mean I think that I think the marriage, when.
Speaker 3: You really locked in, you just don't worry word up. When you're not married, you ain't married.
Speaker 7: Bron you you just ain't so whatever she did, if it ain't no ring, And he was like, but we had a commitment, where is it agible?
Speaker 3: Is it come with ink?
Speaker 9: He's doing it because he says, because you gotta date, you gotta date. He'd be forgetting that. He wasn't always a husband, was a stupid friend who then grew up and you know him.
Speaker 5: First, I just mentioned it, and I.
Speaker 6: Don't because I know where you're going always be getting on because she's not married, where you're going to go. You can't just get in the relationship and straight get married.
Speaker 5: You gotta get to know, get to the level.
Speaker 4: You gotta date with the intention, the chill. Otherwise it just got to be I think communicated. I think if the man or the woman lets the other person know, like, hey, I'm not really trying to be in no serious relationship.
Speaker 3: Person just got respect that.
Speaker 4: But even when people say that, sometimes they still be like, but watch.
Speaker 10: This right, watch this time, Like I did everything and you still didn't change for me?
Speaker 5: Like what hand me?
Speaker 3: The people don't change for you.
Speaker 8: People change when they for them, when they want to for themselves.
Speaker 3: Right, I agree, I.
Speaker 1: Want to go back to you.
Speaker 7: In the hotel room, right, is that the moments where you realize you can't run from yourself. Yeah, you're dealing with gonna always catch up.
Speaker 3: Yep, for sure. That's that's one.
Speaker 4: And a plane, that airplane when you're just chilling, you quiet, you try to go to sleep, but after a while you up, You're like, all right, I gotta just sit here and face those things. The gym is another one.
Speaker 3: Yoga. I love yoga and like even on a treadmill running.
Speaker 4: Give yourself thirty minutes on that boy, just get up there, you know, and all of those times it's like not only working out physically, but it's also mental.
Speaker 9: That's all you're talking about, how black men should feel more empowered to dive into like their grief and their mental health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think mental health is just slept on. Like everybody is just tough. We're just tough, no matter what you know. I mean, the lazier is tough, the phallas is tough, and it forces us to put, you know, push things under the rug. Like we don't actually go to therapy, we don't actually do those things. I'm actually into sound bowls and the sound healing and the vibration body, like it really feel crazy. And that's such another thing that nobody is talking about, like, but it should be normal, like float baths.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people know about that, but yeah, when you can.
Speaker 7: Actually yeah, you're talking about the floating tanks.
Speaker 3: Floating tank.
Speaker 4: You know how they got Egypt where you could like lay but they got them Like here, what does.
Speaker 1: That do for you me? It gives you, like because it was very hard for me to medic.
Speaker 7: I did that years ago, but it was very hard for me to meditate because I could never get my brain to be quiet with.
Speaker 1: That float tank. When you finally.
Speaker 7: Just let go because you gotta gotta you gotta let go, right you got you know, you're jumping like oh, but then you find let go.
Speaker 1: I felt like I don't know, I don't know where I went, like when the light came.
Speaker 3: Back, and I'm like, oh, it's that let go.
Speaker 4: You only know if you if you do it, because your body actually like what you mean, it's just no, you have the end of your backlow key go a little bit more because there's nothing.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my back cracked. When I was like I just laid down in the water and floated in the backs head.
Speaker 7: I was like, Oh, it was just you gotta trust the salt.
Speaker 3: Trust the salt.
Speaker 5: So you do a lot of therapeutic hip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my vibe. I need to massage often, please once a week. Shrooms for sure. Chocolate vibes, yeah, only choclate vibes.
Speaker 4: You know, the first time I actually tried to plant joint me and my wife Beyonce concert.
Speaker 5: Why would you? Why would y'all do that?
Speaker 3: I was like, beyond was flying. It was a rope. I ain't seen no rope.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: It was such a small dosage, but it was enough. It was enough. They say that micro is enough. It is gang. You don't need too much.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: When you find somebody you can shrim with, that's beautiful because a lot of parts that me and my husband streaming together.
Speaker 5: That's a whole vibe.
Speaker 1: That you go to therapy as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple therapy that too. I think that's like that really made it to her. It's like, all right, were married forever?
Speaker 3: What mad y'all go there? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I think it was just time, you know, it was things happening that like we started arguing about little things and for me, I was always like, yo, we should never argue. Everyone to argue, you never have to argue, and she was like, we gonna argue, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was like nah.
Speaker 4: And then once it started happening, I was like, oh, it's been year, three, year, forty or seven, you know what I mean, You're eight and I'm like, okay, what is happening.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 4: So we got referred to this dude and we just started having these like zoom sessions with him, to the point where it.
Speaker 3: Was an hour. And when that hour came, he was like, all right, y'all, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: If we was boo crying, if we was no matter what. Bro was like, alright, I'm out, and I was like, you know what I mean. So it was crazy because during those times he would pull so much out of me that I wasn't necessarily thinking it was her time, but that was her time to learn.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting it out.
Speaker 4: But then when it's her time and now he's asking her questions and I'm listening, she's talking, but I'm like I'm learning about her.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Finding different like the trauma points when they first started, like, oh.
Speaker 3: That's why she's like that, That's why she does this.
Speaker 4: She's the older sister, or she her dad wasn't there, or she's overcompensating, or you know what I mean. So when I got to understand her, it just allowed me to just give her so much grace in every area, and I think vice versa her from me.
Speaker 7: Was that the hardest season of your marriage that people never got to see?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because for sure, for the longest I was like, well, you know, therapy, like I'm smart, you smart.
Speaker 3: We love each other, we respect each other.
Speaker 6: Smart, smart bear, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So after we would you know, get our things off, and we would still like be on silent mode. I'm like, oh, yeah, I don't like this energy, so let's see if we can get some help. And he did to the point where after a while I was like, are.
Speaker 3: You good, I'm good?
Speaker 1: You good?
Speaker 9: Gang?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we good because that bill crazy listen like you paying like a bout fifty hours m M Part three hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, it was crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it was like, now, now I know that makes you happy that niggad be.
Speaker 3: Like all right, I was, you know, it was a package deal. I think when we got to eight, we got to eight or teen, I was like, it was like, you want to renew. I was like, babe, go, I understand you. I know why you're you. Yeah, and you know why I'm me.
Speaker 8: Is the closure on your on your project? Is that a personal story.
Speaker 3: Or is that personal story personal story?
Speaker 4: When I, you know, linked up with my wife, like when we reconnected, we had known each other for a long time, like since I was in the R and B groups and she was in isis. We have the same manager, so a long period of time has separated since then. But me and the girl that I was with at the time was like, let's take a break. This ain't really coming together. Let's take a break for a second. During that time just warring you off. You take a break, just be prepared, because I didn't expect that to happen. But yeah, I linked up with my baby Boo Maya and I was out of there.
Speaker 3: I didn't go back. I didn't go back. I lost the key, I lost the addie.
Speaker 8: So you said she found out on the internet though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the baby shower. But I'm saying she found out about the baby she found out about. Wasn't with each other, He wasn't with each other.
Speaker 6: It was a break, nigga, No, that was a break. Were you still like he was with he just was over there. But the rules of the break though, likeation.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break. I don't this ain't really I'm not feeling this.
Speaker 6: Right now right now. A break that means I'll be back.
Speaker 3: How long was the intention was to go back?
Speaker 1: How long was the break down?
Speaker 5: You're tripping down?
Speaker 3: I would say about three weeks later? Three weeks yeah, but we was together like boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 1: When when did she get pregnant?
Speaker 3: Your wife? Yeah? A year later?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was like that you started rolling.
Speaker 3: In three weeks. I'm just saying it was the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Like she found out on the internet about the baby, but she knew that that was my girl.
Speaker 8: Why did she feel the titled have to know that you was about to have a baby.
Speaker 3: I don't even know she felt entitled. I'm just saying, just have some questions. Just have some questions.
Speaker 1: Are all just dating, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You end up with your soulmate, and I love that because I love the thing.
Speaker 9: That song I feel like I was listening to the confused. I'm like, I've never heard of any scandals with him. Where did this come from?
Speaker 5: I didn't know about the past.
Speaker 3: Off, It's just like a past.
Speaker 4: You know, just had somebody you're dealing with, and then you start dealing with somebody else.
Speaker 1: But just.
Speaker 8: Ask your question, because.
Speaker 1: I know you three weeks.
Speaker 3: Said something you were saying.
Speaker 6: He said that Shorty knew that you that that uh Ma Mayah was your girl. But how she knew that she was your girl when when she was a girl and all was on a break because you aren't feeling that ship right now?
Speaker 3: No, I told Ma, I don't got a girl.
Speaker 1: The boat.
Speaker 4: But it was like I didn't say a yo. I don't think this should continue. I think we should like stop this and completely break up. It was love peace.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that.
Speaker 9: No, we know because said break, I'll be back in a second.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be right back.
Speaker 3: But you didn't say I'm gonna be right back.
Speaker 6: No, No, he just said I'm not now. But you know how it is if Shorty wasn't ready to take the break, and that's how you and that's how you presented like right now.
Speaker 1: Are you still call the house?
Speaker 5: He definitely didn't call him.
Speaker 6: He left when I said he wasn't feeling that ship right now. He left the house and went to see baby Boom.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: You did, and then walked off your job. That's technically what he did. He took a breaking his left. He was like, I ain't coming back, but see didn't in the two weeks not serious?
Speaker 8: How long was you in the old Girl together?
Speaker 3: Two and a half.
Speaker 5: Years and a half?
Speaker 1: What weeks?
Speaker 3: Years?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 8: Brought the job?
Speaker 1: It was, I get wrong even and a half. I can't trying to tell you there we go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I get it, but I just was surprised to hear that there wasn't a clean break like I've always known you to be, like, well.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: On the maya I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was I've always known it.
Speaker 4: I don't know when you just said, was she like ready for the break?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: That's probably why I felt like, because yeah, I was mentally like yo, I could even been using that as an excuse. Maybe maybe I wasn't just mad enough to be like, hey, for sure, I'm out, because that cared the feelings were real.
Speaker 5: All you had to do was singing to a nigga.
Speaker 3: Here go the song I saw. I say, it been like ten years now.
Speaker 4: We got to start it off like this is a long time ago and there was no closure.
Speaker 3: Do you still see them?
Speaker 1: Have you spoke to him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because now we're be in l A, so l A is like maybe at a party.
Speaker 1: Like you about to go live, right, I've been waiting on.
Speaker 9: This, like the song, and I'm like, well, who did he do this to? Because I ain't Nobody never came out and saying nothing like you.
Speaker 8: It was very much usher.
Speaker 3: Confessions, your confessions. I think it was just such a such a tour.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, it's making sense, makes sense all the.
Speaker 3: Different.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. I just I just had to put it in the song.
Speaker 8: It all worked out, y'all.
Speaker 3: Are I would have? So I'm happy, said you.
Speaker 1: Know it, don't. I was there.
Speaker 9: I was confused because I'm like, I've always just known you and Lemiah to be together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm like.
Speaker 1: Whom divine misdirection?
Speaker 3: I agree?
Speaker 4: I agree it was and then it was it was a moment in a session where the producer harmony, you know, it was like, yo, I think we should, did you know what I mean? So it's collaborative as well, you know, like what about the past? Is there any song for the past that.
Speaker 3: We can make? You know what I mean? And I was like, it wasn't my idea, but it was my execution.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now yoh, speaking of marriage, right with your with the tour the new album, A dad of two boys?
Speaker 5: How do you and.
Speaker 6: Lmija even get to protect your time to spend together because she is on her acting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's you know, making sure everything is on point at home even if she's not there.
Speaker 3: She's a routine specialist. That is a delegation specialist.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying, Like she on the way here now, So we make that time. We just make the time at home. It's like we low key working, you know what I mean. The kids the weekends they play sports. It's a different football. Yeah, fill the job. So we just be sure to make that time. Like you know, you make the time.
Speaker 3: When you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Is that what keeps you grounded?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Making the time and as well as like we were saying, the balance, because.
Speaker 3: It is healthy to be able to clear my mind because now I miss you.
Speaker 7: You know, was there a moment where like success stopped being something you chase and started becoming something you stewarted?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think I always been on go, just no matter what, not, not always for myself, but maybe if I'm not working for myself and now I'm on the songwriting hat, you know, or if I'm not songwriting now I'm doing the label CEO back is I got a label when we got fifteen artists, you know that we're nurturing and distributing and artists developing, So you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean, I ain't really got that out now, So that's.
Speaker 4: Great, Like, let's let's rebuild the entire structure of what is expected.
Speaker 3: And I'm just like, Yo, I'm standing a gap. I'm gonna be that, you know what I'm saying. Heavy as the Crown.
Speaker 4: The joint on the album is talking about it as well, and it's something that I just like honed in on and I feel like I'm like wearing it proudly, like yo, or.
Speaker 1: Being on Chris Brown and Usher tour.
Speaker 7: Right, A lot of women, Yeah, how do you stay disciplined when temptation is literally part of the job description? I mean, I know, black men don't cheat. But I'm just saying that for sure. How do you stay disciplined?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's more work than people understand.
Speaker 3: Like you got to go looking for it.
Speaker 4: I don't think nothing is shown up at your doorstep without an invitation.
Speaker 3: I agree, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when I go to do my set, boom, I'm back to my green room. After I do a meet and greet, boom, you get the seconds of me being with you and for sure giving you my awe right after thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now the moment when I pulled the girl up on stage, right, the one who who's everybody say that she ain't want to be up there whatever.
Speaker 5: You always out there all that time? Or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what you think about that? Because she she came up there, although she.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to feel on the you know, sweat, you know, you know what I mean, She still came up there. She wanted to be seen and everything.
Speaker 6: But a lot of people gave her backlash because she didn't really get up there and draw hump them leather pants. Right, you know understand what I'm saying, Like, do you feel like she was wrong or it's just like, Yo, everybody ain't gotta be up there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't think she was wrong. I don't think she was wrong.
Speaker 4: I think it could have just been you know, he maybe adjust her, adjust to her taste level, you know, like maybe sit down.
Speaker 5: Like dollar back, Yeah, climbing on top.
Speaker 3: Of me, Like don't it don't got to be that. But I mean, at the same time, it is one of them, like we're here for a show. You know what Chris Brown is doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's what she came up there for. Here come usher ass. She came up there for Chris.
Speaker 4: I think no, But I'm just saying, you know what Chris Brown is doing, So we got to compete a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see she wanted to be up dead for him.
Speaker 3: But Usher big, there's no way.
Speaker 4: There's no way she didn't know she was walking up for us here because Chris Brown is on the right side and USh was on.
Speaker 3: The left side.
Speaker 4: So she's on the left side. And it's just like, was clear. I think she just the story changed five times.
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 4: But the auntie got a story, she got a story, The boyfriend got a story.
Speaker 1: She had a boyfriend.
Speaker 8: The Auntie said she had I ain't need.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why she was on you. Why didn't you even the story.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know she had a boyfriend, honestly, I thought that she just went up there and she was like, you.
Speaker 5: Know what, Chris wanted to pull me up. I wanted to be on Chris Big. You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: She wanted Chris Brown.
Speaker 5: So that's what our story.
Speaker 9: That trick with the Auntie story, because Auntie was like she was to the boyfriend into her son. But then she did the TMZ interview and said, but I really wanted Chris Brown.
Speaker 7: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: We gotta let them.
Speaker 5: Don't even worry about that question. I gotta know. So Mario joined the lineup.
Speaker 6: What is it like with all that R and B history, Mario, it is.
Speaker 3: Only four of them, Mario Tank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to this Friday is his This last Saturday was his official like they be for the rest of the tour. But before that he did some spot days like Detroit and things like that.
Speaker 3: But he had been shooting this TV show.
Speaker 4: So now he's done with that, and well all powers combined, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Five of y'all powerhouse, Like what is behind the state, like behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Like that's a lot of it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Were singing dressing room, were singing, We're doing vocal exercises together. I'm like, oh, you could do that, you know what I'm saying. Were going back and forth, and it's really a brotherhood that we've picked up that.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of us for doing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to expect because everybody in their own right is legend, so we all are students of the game still. So I'm getting to see us, you know, excited to piggyback off each other, like all right, I heard that run you did it made me do this or I heard you you know. And Chris is coming back to the stage. I'm back to our room after the shows and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, now I heard y'all keep going crazy, keep you know, so we just keep it in each other back.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say, like egocause, like I said, all of y'a is like five big as stars, legend usher, you know what I mean. Chris Brown been in it for a while, Tank Mario, yourself, and I like I wish women could do that, like, we would have a lot more tours if a lot of the R and B women were putting old then new you know, they should aside and just do that.
Speaker 3: I actually really love.
Speaker 1: That seeing that a lot more lately though.
Speaker 3: Vogue and uh WV did they do it together?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: But did they get upset with you when you was on Cam Newton and you said fifty of the tour they should give you fifty percent of the because fifty percent of it is your pin Nah?
Speaker 4: Because I think because he just said, what do you think should for me?
Speaker 3: I'm growing my songs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I wrote them. I would not they ain't use them, so I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like they know, you know, because my my, my words always come with a smile too, like I'm having a good time, like it ain't nothing personally.
Speaker 3: I think they all know.
Speaker 4: And I'm not a ghost rider either, so they proud to be like, bro, I know.
Speaker 3: You you done wrote some of the songs for me. They know it's like it's love both ways.
Speaker 7: But I was real, you think that's what you think? This tour is ushering Chris's way of doing the verses without.
Speaker 3: Low key, low key, low key. It's a it's a it's a moment where they go back and forth and it's just.
Speaker 4: Like, oh this fire yes, the blend that they did with the songs, it is just like, damn, when is the.
Speaker 7: Last time your ego, ego almost cost you something important?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: My ego? M you know, almost is the key word. Almost is the key word.
Speaker 4: I remember when the label came at me and was like, yo, we want to use We're gonna use Jeremiah on the hook for on Chill instead of you. But but that was like me and while A was excited, like oh, because we got our relationship for real, like that's my bro. So man, I had to like chill, you know what I mean? Because I love Jeremiah too. But I'm just like, man, that was supposed to be my little window I noticed is a smash and I just kept it cool. It was like, let's take you to lunch. We're gonna throw extra palette on the number, and I was like all right, y'all, But I kept it cool.
Speaker 8: The switch though, like why did they want to switch? Like why did they put him on the Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I think Jeremiah a familiar superstar that you know what I mean, has a proven history that has a proof of concept, and it was maybe still a gamble with Eric Bellinger on the hook so early in my trajectory, but.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, like I think it's if you know, you know me.
Speaker 4: And while they got plenty songs together, we got five six songs together. So with that one, it was like I run it, go ahead, I support you, but I was like.
Speaker 3: A credit card.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And then I think Jeremiah he got simpler vocals too, yeah, just like more simple.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, well you could catch him this weekend in New York City Friday. Yes, Chris Brown Usher tour Eric belgim on the stage, but I'm not trying to come. I'm going to stay.
Speaker 9: God.
Speaker 2: The only reason I will come on that stage is the battle Chris Brown and dancing.
Speaker 1: New album man and.
Speaker 3: Titled eight twenty one. Thank you so much Man. This is the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Eric Belinger is the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, hold
Speaker 7: Up every day a week ago, click your ass up, the breakfast club you finish for y'all done.