Speaker 1: Toss Popcorn is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi, I'm Leanna Holsten and I'm Sienna Jacob. Welcome to Tossed Popcorn, the podcast where two idiots watched every film on the AFI's one hundred Greatest American Movies of All Time, the very slightly less racist tenth Anniversary edition, and are now watching films directed by women.
Speaker 1: Yes, this podcast is a safe cage for people who don't know anything about movies. Today we're watching the classic Hollywood flick Wolf.
Speaker 3: I've always had this feeling, these instincts.
Speaker 1: A film surprisingly put on there by lehannam uh warning there will be spoilers about this Canine recent film.
Speaker 4: And if I may say up top, I apologize.
Speaker 1: Honestly I was grateful for it. Everything going on in the world right now, this was completely different, and for that I was eternally grateful.
Speaker 4: The film Wolf was completely different from everything going on in the world right now.
Speaker 1: That is the case. It's okay, Well, let's do our predictions.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well shall we start with mine since I foisted this hones.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's start with the foister.
Speaker 4: Hi, Sienna, Leanna, I am about to watch Wolf. You know I predict, you know, actors making some bold physical choices. Yes, oh, George, I don't think I'm gonna like it. I just don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, love you?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wait what.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 1: Why'd you have us watch this if we didn't think you like? Actually, that's fine, I understand. You have to know it's research. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. And also, as we know, Leanna is, it's her duty to watch George McKay's entire filmography.
Speaker 4: It's my burden. Yeah, it's my lot in life. You're burden to bear your burden.
Speaker 1: Wolf.
Speaker 4: Well, should be listening to my prediction. That's very good. That's come on everybody that that was great. That was top notch. That's why we are on a network A plus. Yes, Sienna, I'd love to hear your prediction.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi, Leonna, this is Sienna.
Speaker 3: I'm about to watch Wolf and I'm excited for us both. I'm happy for you because, of course, George mackay is in this.
Speaker 1: I predict. I think we saw in the trailer long ago that he is in fact a wolf or acts like one. H I'm hoping that this is kind of silly and ridiculous and interesting seems artistic. But I hope, I laugh, I hope, I hope. I am shocked.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been looking at my phone a lot of scrolling, and I think that this might just shake up reality and always did. Hopefully it's the moon the world needs.
Speaker 6: M M.
Speaker 1: But I hope it doesn't get gory or anything. Art films.
Speaker 3: I don't understand them. Yeah, all right, I love you, goodbye. Yes, it didn't get as horribly.
Speaker 1: Gory as it could have, Like he didn't like bite somebody's face off or anything.
Speaker 4: That's true. He came a little bit close, but there was not. There was one little moment of you, and then other than that, not really gold.
Speaker 1: I thought there'd be blood, but was there blood? I don't think so. No.
Speaker 4: Not when he attacks. If this was a twenty four's wolf, oh my good god, face.
Speaker 1: This would be ripped off chop. He would eat a kid.
Speaker 4: For sure, for sure. Hey girl, hey girl, listen, I got an electric toothbrush this week, okay, because Identify told me to.
Speaker 1: They buzzed my teeth too much. Pickles. Also, I didn't know that they were actually that helpful. You didn't just said that? Is that a British thing? Yeah? They don't have a good track.
Speaker 4: Record electric toothbrushes and oh British yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah su su sure sure. Well here's the thing. I bought it on Monday. I still haven't used it. On my to do list is comprehend toothbrush, Yeah, which we live. We shouldn't live in such a society where a toothbrush has to be comprehended. I disagree with that. Yeah, it's supposed to be bristles on a stick. But I think I have to charge it. There's no way it arrived pre charge and I can't plug it into the bathroom because bathrooms in the UK don't have regular outlets. Oh mysh, they only have specific wattage for razors. It's crazy. Oh, it's honestly fucked. So I'm looking at it right now because it's been on my bed because I finally today opened the box and took it out of the box so that I'm like to do something with this, please my God. And maybe before I do my evening activity tonight, I'll plug in my toothbrush so that when I come back I can use it on my teeth and.
Speaker 1: Are realized to know what your evening activity is.
Speaker 4: I'm watching the final episode of The Trader's season three of the UK version of The Upstairs with my neighbors.
Speaker 1: Ye evening activity.
Speaker 4: Oh this was such a whole thing. I went to Boots first to pick it up because they said they sold it, and there were four boxes on the shelf, but it was one of those like this box is empty, please speak to a member of staff to collect the actual item. And so I went with one of the four may I remind you boxes on the shelf to a member of staff and I said, hello, may I have this please, but with the contents of it? And they went to check the cabinet and they were like, oh, we're out of stock.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, why the fuck would you have four boxes?
Speaker 1: How on the shelf? How is this system? How is this system going?
Speaker 4: I really I become very problematic in a Boots. It's like AVS but severely understaffed, and I go full kim k It seems like nobody wants to work these days. When I'm in there, I asked Boots, the Boots employee, Oh, well, is it in stock in a different Boots And they said to me, oh, you'd have to look that up. Online. I said, you are feat meters if you will away from a computer. You can't in the package people to do that, This very much would have been your job. And then I was like, we used to be a proper country, Like it was really becoming a You found yourself regressing. I'm not good in the boots. I am not the best version of myself. I understand the amount of crime that happens in a boots. People will take an item out of the packaging and put the packaging back on the shelf because the packaging is what has security stuff on it, and it'll take the item. And I'm all for stealing from a company like a big, you know, evil corporation.
Speaker 1: Right, but you gotta help.
Speaker 4: I can't do that because I'm here on a visa, right, So I wish they would leave some items that I would like to lawfully purchase. Yeah, because I can't do any crimes.
Speaker 1: I never feel like if there was at least.
Speaker 4: One box with actual contents in it for me, uh huh, I'd appreciate it anyway. I had to get the toothbrush from a Sainsbury's, but not before going home to pick up my coupon that I had for the Sainsbury's and then going back to the Sainsbury's to pick up the toothbrush. So that's me. Hey girl, wow, hey girl, you are back in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I am are you?
Speaker 4: Are you well? What's going on? What's you're you're on the ground reporter, what's going on over there?
Speaker 1: It's one of these things where everyone's like, oh, it's good. Actually the AQI says it's all good whatever, And I'm not trying to fear monger about the air or anything. Yeah, all I can say is I it doesn't feel right, like my my nose is everybody keeps waking up with like dry nose, and the water made me extra dry. And again like I don't know. I'm not trying to fear mong The thing is is you could take all of these and then say, okay, it's this, it's this, it's this, it's this, and that's where it becomes. I'm not trying to give any information about this, about what it means.
Speaker 4: All I know is I'm like.
Speaker 1: I don't want to I All I know is I don't want to be here. M Beside that, though I went to Monterey last week while escaping smoke and everything, and it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Have you been to Monroe to the aquarium?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's kind of The aquarium really cannot be over hyped. It's a big deal. But then when you're there, I got goose bumps.
Speaker 4: Goose bumps multiple times because you you are a zoo person or was this separate?
Speaker 1: I will say I do. I do enjoy learning about animal And one of the things I like about going to these places too is places as well as they teach you about how you can help, they're very positive places to be. Yeah, in terms of the environment, They're like, here are all the things we've done, We've repopulated all these places, things like that. And I learned about the fish that are okay, apparently especially bad. Yeah, is a really bad fish to eat? And that's like my favorite sushi, but.
Speaker 4: It's good to Eel bitch? Was that me world's worst superhero?
Speaker 1: Problematic? Eel Bitch sounds like somebody from the movie we watched Why Can't I Make Any Words Work? Problematic eat something like someone from the movie we watched.
Speaker 4: It's like a way worse version of the Sea Ponies.
Speaker 1: Problematic bitches. I would watch them though, they're like the brats to the market. Anyway. Monterey was beautiful. I would so recommend it. There was so much wildlife. I loved it so much. It really was a good reminder of there being other parts of the world and that there being nature that still exists. When I'm in this city and it's like, why are we staying in the city, and it's yeah, and you're staring at your phone trying to get the news, and it's just like, However, when we were in Monterey, we did we looked across the bay and we saw this big orange mass with smoke coming off of it, and we were like, that can't be a fire, because we just left the fires in La.
Speaker 4: It turns out it is.
Speaker 1: It was a big uh noate, a lithium battery plant. Oh so it's really bad, by god, Yeah, it's bad. The Moss Landing fire, my god, still causing problems, but it's maybe whatever, not whatever, that's very bad, but it's just it's.
Speaker 4: Everywhere battery planted.
Speaker 1: So Donald Trump just took his seat and somehow right before that the world burst into flames.
Speaker 4: It said, I don't want to live here anymore anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wonderfully, we watched a film that has nothing to do with any of that.
Speaker 4: So should we talk about argue nothing to do with anything? Yes? Absolutely, Sienna Ye, please give a synopsis of the film.
Speaker 6: Wolf, Yeah, Yeah, Wolf. George Mackay feels like a wolf trapped in the body of a boy. He attends a clinic with other youths who feel like animals.
Speaker 1: On the inside. The staff uses abusive methods to prove that these to prove that these kids are disturbed, attempting to coax or intimidate them into quote unquote normalcy. He meets Lily Rose Depth, a wildcat woman. He tries to become more human, but ultimately must be true to his wild wolf self. So yeah, basically, George is a wolf. The end, George is a wolf. George is a wolf. It features one of the most unique sex scenes I've ever seen in anything. Yes, unique?
Speaker 4: Could we even call it sex? I don't know, I don't know. Unclear, not clear to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I would love to start talking about this film immediately. Please. This movie sucked. What was the context in which you watched? This movie sucked so much?
Speaker 4: I watched it today. I was gonna watch it last night getting home from a gig, but then I wanted to watch The Traders with my flatmates. It was airing live and the final is tonight, and I really didn't want to watch Wolf. I only knew about it that George was in it, and that it was We talked about it some years going up on the nineteen seventeen press tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like, oh, oh, this was so much worse than I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was gonna be they find love and help each other, like achieve normalcy, and there's sort of a happy ending.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: This was like one flew over the Cuckoo's Nest with animal.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess I was. I was along on the journey. But I was along on the journey and following, you know, like, oh, yeah, what is it that we think about as normal? Okay? All right? This is obviously an allegory for certain identity experiences. It's halfway through I was like, oh, is this a trans allegory? Then I was like, if this is a trans allegory, is that? Okay? This is a lot.
Speaker 4: And also that's a great question to be asking. I don't think it was is that okay?
Speaker 1: I don't think it was right, Like I was like, I get what you're doing here, but this is very offensive. And yeah, whatever it was doing in terms of being sort of like an otherworldly, unique, strange stage upon which we are questioning what it means to be human and what means to be part of a society, it was definitely unsuccessful.
Speaker 4: They did not do it enough, and they did not land that plane.
Speaker 1: That's what happens with not great movies, and I do understand like they just don't hit the mark, but yeah, I was really kind of like reverently with them. Surprisingly enough, It's like, okay, all right, but it wasn't it. It's funny because you saying like this movie sucked, that's completely true, and my feeling about it throughout was like such an awareness of it sucking while also being like, okay, but what's funny is I think the reason I had part of that was because I was like, cool, Leona chose this movie, like let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's so kind of you, that's so open minded.
Speaker 1: But also it's also one of those movies where like, if this had been actors not giving it there all, I would have found it a lot more annoying. Maybe, but this is like, interesting, this was actors acting, even though yeah, even if you know actors saying like this script is amazing, even though you might go, oh, it's not from an outside perspective, that's not what i'd call it, but you're certainly giving it, giving it the old college try crap. I buried my headphones out back again. I'll be right back in three minutes.
Speaker 4: At one point in my notes, I was like, this is just an extended drama school class long drama exercise.
Speaker 1: That is what it was.
Speaker 4: They apparently at British drama schools literally make you, at one point find your inner animal and crawl around like it I did, which did make me want to ask you, what's your inner animal? If you were put in a clinic, what would it? What animal would it be? Because you thought you were that's a great question, I think energetically, I must laugh.
Speaker 1: Really, oh, oh, okay.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty tired. My no, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I don't want to be a bird, but I'm aware that that's my vibe. I was also getting bird vibe from you. I'd love to be like an otter because I have fun in the water.
Speaker 4: I have so much have a relationship to the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there are a lot of things about me where I really it's just because of a certain laziness and a certain misunderstanding that I can make those choices in my own life that stops me from being a person who really is that. Like, I really like the water, but I would never like look up where to swim, Like, I just would never do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm hindering myself.
Speaker 4: That's really too bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like but but but the reason it's okay is in my brain. I'm like, oh, I can't wait till I do that. That's gonna happen at some point. But I'm not the one making that choice. Straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I live right.
Speaker 4: I have that with buying new shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, I can't wait get those new shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and why not? And I need them? There's holes in mind, But I won't. I won't buy new shoes. It's just I wonder when this will happen. Yeah, yeah, okay, Okayway, I'd like to be an otter.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 4: So you dive back in? Because what kind of bird? Are we talking? Flightless or flighted.
Speaker 1: There's no way I'd be flighted. Yeah, let's be honest. Also, all the flightless ones are like kind of big and viby, which is sort of my thing.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think if if you were flyingo, well, I see it's flamingo, but with like the energy of an emu.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could be an emu.
Speaker 4: Like a flamingo. But they're saying like I wish we were dead, which is very emo emo.
Speaker 1: Because it's emo. Oh yeah, I do think an emu is a good one because emu's kind of like they wander around like, you know, you're aware of their you're aware of their presence. As far as birds go, I wouldn't say I'm a bird that completely. Like I have enough confidence to say I think that I can take up space in a room hmmm, depending on the room socially mm hmm. But I can't fly no, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, and just a big fluffy bird. And also apparently I stand forward when I talk or like try to be funny or something, and people keep pointing that up to me, and it's really kind of bird like.
Speaker 4: You lead with your neck.
Speaker 1: I was just talking to my I just went and visited my friend in the Bay Area, and at one point he was like, I just love when you go like this. Oh my god, I put my foot in a bag. He said, I just love a thing like this.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, and you do.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I guess I pronounced, but you do. Yeah, I see that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, tell me more about yours.
Speaker 4: Physically, I'm not really sure. I think. I think in terms of my view of the world, the animal that's most similar to is like a muskrat.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Oh, I love that, like like a.
Speaker 4: Small, little sort of rodent but longer and and could be cuddled but will but has recently like bitten into something fleshy and has blood.
Speaker 1: On its teeth. Do you have blood on your teeth?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, but the blood on my teeth is my disappointment in humanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But physically.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Is there an animal with good posture or just like a formal animal, pengu very formalenguin, Oh my god, formal.
Speaker 1: Good posture and cutin and cuddly, cute and cuddling.
Speaker 4: But I'm not really cuddly. I'm not like adorable like a penguin. If there was a really long penguin. Yeah, an emperor penguin, really tall penguin.
Speaker 1: Emperor penguin. Okay, I see this. I think that m M. You know what I think. I think you're a penguin who thinks you're a muskrat.
Speaker 4: So in the film Wolf, I am literally a penguin, but I feel like I'm a muskrat. Or maybe you're a penguin.
Speaker 1: You're a woman who feels like a penguin trapped in the body of a woman who's but the penguin is trapped, the muskrat is trapped.
Speaker 4: The body of has got layers.
Speaker 1: A muskrat trapped in the body of penguin trapped in the body of a woman.
Speaker 4: It's like a turducan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you'd have to be I think that would Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'd be the most interesting character in this boring film. Okay, that was really fun. I love that we're both birds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that also makes sense to me. And we're both flightless, lifeless birds. Yeah, that makes perfect.
Speaker 4: That tracks with our metaphor of we're two birds with one wing each trying to take flight, and by take flight we mean to submit our taxes correctly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, two flightless birds together trying to do our things. They make a podcast. It does make sense to me, Beautiful, I'm looking at my own notes, not yours.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'll look at yours.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, we've kind of been doing it, but welcome to fun Notes. The section of the podcast where we read the notes. Then the other person took on their phone while watching the film on his first note is George.
Speaker 1: No, this is when it starts and he's just walking through the wood.
Speaker 4: He's nude and rolling around.
Speaker 1: I have to say, Leanna, this like was the the premise, though, I feel that we were given again years ago when we were discussing this. This is the one thing we knew, George.
Speaker 4: I knew it would happen, and every time I was like, George, stop it, George.
Speaker 1: The acting exercise of it all is so so true. I mean, it felt like serious actors showing that this is something they could do, and like no one else could do this but an actor, but no one need truly something no one else could.
Speaker 4: Do, no one want, no one asked you to do that. Apparently, when he was preparing for the role, he would go to this park in London called Hampstead Heath, which is a very wild like Lee Park with the woods, and he'd go at like down and practice running around like a wolf.
Speaker 1: I have. I don't go anywhere at dawn.
Speaker 4: If there is nowhere I go at down in George. No, no, George.
Speaker 1: If I were to venture out at Don, this is one of the reasons I don't go anywhere at Don because I expect somebody might be running wolf, because.
Speaker 4: That's when they go an actor doing an acting exercise.
Speaker 1: This is the worst times. I'm like, actors, love what you're doing. Love what you're doing, because I'm sorry the TikTok comedians of today who are filling our true our screens, and they could never they could never skulk the way that George skulked.
Speaker 4: He does skulk.
Speaker 1: His scapulas were doing.
Speaker 4: What was going on things? How was that happening? I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they they're like, all right, now, go ahead and show us right and do you mind doing it with your shirt off? Oh? It was shocking off his body?
Speaker 4: Uh huh, yeah, it was unsettling you yep, thank you. Your first note was wow, this movie isn't streaming anywhere, must be good. It always a lag.
Speaker 1: Even find it on Apple. I was trying to buy it on an Apple instead of Amazon, and it was nowhere to.
Speaker 4: Be found on just like the homepage of my service, and no results came up for the film it costs. I had to go really specifically look it up.
Speaker 1: It cost one dollar and fifty two cents on Amazon, which is the cheapest.
Speaker 4: I've ever seen in UK. Oh, you lucky woman.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because in the end, your.
Speaker 4: Next note is I was laughing so much during this Were you laughing?
Speaker 1: Yes? I was.
Speaker 4: I was laughing, I think was.
Speaker 1: I didn't highlight it, but at some point I even said like, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said thank you for suggesting.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what I wanted. Leanna, You've said, Leanna, You've said, George, I am begging you to do one normal film for once in your life. Nineteen seventeen by far the closest, and turns out it was a fluke.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking. I was like, it's such a shame that nineteen seventeen is what introduced me to George, because now I am embarking on his entire filmography, thinking, at least some other film is going to be normal. Yeah, but no, That's.
Speaker 1: How I felt when I fell in love with James Patterson as a as a tween, I couldn't handle the other movies.
Speaker 4: He was Patterson, not the book writer.
Speaker 1: Robert Pattenson. God, I'm thinking as the writer of Maximum Ride.
Speaker 4: Prolific novelist James Patterson, whom I fell in love as a tween.
Speaker 1: I fell in love with him.
Speaker 4: No, no, I loved him. No, yeah, our pats has not done anything Robert Pattins after Twilight.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I was not the only tween girl who was to look up the other things. He was in the other dreamy roles season and he like played Salvador Dolly and in like a freakish way. And then oh, I don't know anyway, I just yeah.
Speaker 4: I need George to have one ounce of self awareness that what he's doing is annoying. Oh yeah, this is great. At some point, I wanted us to both really try our best at howling like a wolf.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, should we do it now? Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, you first, well you have to be really loud, but I know we could never do the film.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. I hated hearing that from myself.
Speaker 4: Are you trying?
Speaker 5: Okay, that was pretty good you started.
Speaker 1: It's such a lower octave than I did. I feel.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good to get your back into it. Oh, listeners, I hope you could hear her putting her back into it. It does, it really does.
Speaker 4: And I could never get through one single howl on set without just giggling.
Speaker 1: Me howling into a microphone is also what I think somehow. I think it's what my friends think I do when I say that I have a podcast and I also like have fun doing escape rooms. Leanna, you've said ten more seconds of this and I'm turning it off. Do you know what that was?
Speaker 4: Oh, the snake digesting the frog. Oh my gosh, I think that I don't want to grow see that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a big kind of nearly brainwashing video that was like, you are to beast, you are a human.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this. Not a single thing they did in that clinic was helpful. No, I not one part of that would have benefited any of the patients.
Speaker 1: This is where it's kind of again, it's clear it failed where I thought it was interesting at first that when the movie starts, we're like, okay, well, most of us identify with the people saying that this is not normal but behavior the parents and the people working at the clinic. But then once we get to the clinic, all the people working there are not They're clearly doing a weird job, like instead of doing some sort of just regular therapy or something. Yeah, they are playing sounds of the city and saying like this is where you belong. All people belong in the city, which isn't true. And you know, and so I get that it was I guess it was making a strong commentary. I'm like, well, that's my take as somebody who again doesn't understand movies that much. It was like, well, who's right here? Is us just trying to force people we say that they belong in a specific society?
Speaker 4: Why why you know, there really was no one to root for. No, because everybody who was there was being a freak. Everybody treating them was abusing them. The parents were kind of turning a blind eye to abuse, right, And then there were local thugs what they call the what the heck feeling outside the facilities, you'll get killed by the thugs, the local thugs, which is why maybe that's again like it's like, oh, this is where it's like, okay again, if we look at it again as a really clunky trans allegory, they're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna go and we should I or I don't know, I don't know what it's if it's saying like you have a different sort of identity or different abilities, or you're just like born different in some way. If you're saying nature going into the wild as yourself, as you being your true self, yeah, taking any sort of algory out of it, just like you're being your true self. The danger is that you know, maybe this world isn't built for you, like you might not survive in the nature of this world because yes, you're different, Like that's that's that's the danger, that's what. But then also the danger is that thugs will.
Speaker 4: Kill you, local thugs.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, wait, which is the part that society they'll beat you to a pulp and society to death in the woods the literal thugs or is nature or is it city? I mean to try to take it apart this much, this was a mess. And then there's the in the cage, hold on, I can't keep reading your notes.
Speaker 4: Are to break is what we have to take right now because we have to go howl at the moon. We'll be right about.
Speaker 1: Leanna, you've said, regressing to your worst self when a hot man enters the space.
Speaker 4: Oh, the German shepherd boy who had been doing he'd been progressing at the clinic. And then George comes in, Yeah, and he's like, hello, we are a pack. Pat me on the head please, I'm gonna go eat out of a bowl on the ground. And everybody was like, no, you were doing so well. I was like, yeah, absolutely, I get it. I do get it, like whens and I immediately get worse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh you were doing so well.
Speaker 4: It's an allegory for having a crush and what it turns you into.
Speaker 1: I would love looking at it that way.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something that makes all of us regress like, oh, I'm good, I'm good, And then all of a sudden, that's me when I think that I'm like being a good business person, learning my worth. And then somebody asks for like a budget on something, and I'm like, I probably just need like twenty dollars to make this whole thing, maybe one hundred dollars to build this whole set it's like, yeah, you know, someone pushes me at all? Yeah, so bad. I regress into eating out of a bowl on the ground. Oh no, Leanna, you said, George, stop journaling about your penis. Oh my god, Oh my god, my penis flopping instead of like a dog's Oh my god. What can't be right. That can't be right, you guys, that can't be right. I don't want to know what you're trying to say with it, because it's not good. It can't be right.
Speaker 4: That cannot be right.
Speaker 1: Let's try it again. Take two. Who are we?
Speaker 4: Who are we supposed to be having empathy for in this? Because I know it's not the boy journaling about his penis with the crazy scapulas?
Speaker 1: What, Leoni, you said, George, stop howling? He couldn't stop howling, could not stop howling.
Speaker 4: Is that is that a wolf thing? They actually can't stop howling. I know, I think they do it for I don't know what research was done if if he.
Speaker 1: Had heard howling, I understand him trying to howl back, yeah, oh god, and himself. He wants to be himself at the.
Speaker 4: Moon as well. And I was like, that actually feels like a stereotype him trying to feels like a harmful trope about wolves.
Speaker 1: Is me trying not to say the word like on this podcast?
Speaker 4: Okay, I do you want me to read the.
Speaker 1: Note that you wrote? Which one might be what? I'm okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, her body type is annoyingly perfect. Okay, I saw something. I said something, and then later I wrote I said, well, he said, sure, I guess she doesn't wear a bra because she's a cat.
Speaker 1: I just they lost me.
Speaker 4: I also wrote something about that.
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, let's see. M hmm, what where you've said? Okay, so wolves still want boob? Apparently, It's like the thing is I try, especially at this point, I try to be a little more like everybody has bodies and they're there, so like, you know, maybe it's just me looking out for it being exploited in Sometimes it's just like whatever. But it's like, why do you keep putting her in these little tank tops? She's a cat girl. She is a cat girl. She wants to be a cat. Let her wear.
Speaker 4: The first note right before that is also applicable.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said, yeah, you know what, You're right. You said, she's lucky that being catlike is just like hot. She's supposed to just like slink.
Speaker 4: Around and love women who were cats. Cat like women they love Hello the cat.
Speaker 1: That's what they want women to be. That's famously sexy, skulking around on the ground. Like imagine if she was like a wart hog, No one would want to see that movie she's or uh, a hog.
Speaker 4: I think warthog and hog are pretty wardhog.
Speaker 1: I was thinking hedgehog a ward hog, yes, when I was a young imagine if.
Speaker 4: She's a warthog or even consider this a hog.
Speaker 1: No, I was just crazy today. Uh exactly, I'm a wart hog. And that's where I'm like, I'm trying to go with you on this journey, but I'm sorry, I get that. Like she's a girl who's a cat at this clinic. So they're like, so she's wearing pajamas all the time, and her pajamas are a little tank top and little teen tattering like hot girl pajamahuggings. Yeah, you know, like the hot girl in eighth grade. Where is that type of vibe? Like yeah, rolled up, It's like sure, but just let her wear the cat hoodie at some point anyway. Yeah, I tried. I tried to ignore that, but there was so much nip, but that's not her fault.
Speaker 4: At a nip and then full boob at times yeah, which again didn't feel exploitative, but it was like, huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just didn't. I don't know. Yeah, yes, okay, let's just go through something honest. Notes. You said why did this film get made? You've said how did this movie not single handedly end everyone's careers?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I couldn't believe it. If you saw any actor in this, you would not cast them in anything else.
Speaker 1: They did do like I liked when Lily Rose Depp did her hissing thing where she looked like a freak like.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what got her.
Speaker 1: It was very no by the way, she goes for the weirdest guys in these movies. She loves the weirdest I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, you rather George McKay who thinks he's a wolf? Or no, sperratu.
Speaker 1: Okay, definitely George McKay who thinks he's a wolf.
Speaker 4: Girl, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It looks like he's still a person.
Speaker 4: I don't know, really, I don't know. It is at least a person. The whole time. I wouldn't say that, And he replies fast true. He initiates conversations so often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't just run into the run into the woods away from you. Good point.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the howling would really put me off. I don't think I could go out with a guy who howls. Leona, you said, OMG, she got kicked by the horse girl?
Speaker 1: Lol? Who got kicked by the horse girl?
Speaker 4: One of the attend at the clinic got like reverse kicked horse style.
Speaker 1: I love a horse.
Speaker 4: Girl, And I was like, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious to treat that like you actually got kicked by a horse, because you didn't. She's a girl. You've been trying to tell her that the whole time, but maybe you don't respond as if you've been kicked by a horse. It's only gonna make her think it more.
Speaker 1: Leanna, your final note to end on I think is great for moving into our next segment, which is Leonna. You said, Sienna, this is George's lowest rated film on IMDb. Wow, I just assume this is what his other stuff was like.
Speaker 4: I mean, the other ones aren't that much higher, but they are higher.
Speaker 1: The swiftness with which I accepted this film as something that is like fine is offensive to the actor community. It's like, yeah, I assume this is what they're doing, Like, these are serious actors. This is what they do right, all day long, every day all acting like a cat. And you're like being like really, like this is what you want to do, right, Like I know that you. I know you worked on that skulk it Dawn, I can tell.
Speaker 4: Oh god, okay, let's move into our next segment. How to pretend you've seen this film? Oh my god? Fortunately, okay, only two each. Great. This is badges and trages where we award badges for for bears graduating from species dysphoria camp or clinic or whatever.
Speaker 1: Trages for Transola girls, Trantola Girling.
Speaker 4: You'd but to be fair to her. She was spooky.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why I don't want to hate on her, because she kind of kind.
Speaker 4: Of ate yet I see it. Okay. I have a badge for George's hair. Looks nice. I don't know why his hair was so good, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I have a badge for the acting commitment. That is my major badge for this movie.
Speaker 4: They committed badge for George's posture. He was sitting up very straight at times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, is it okay?
Speaker 4: Game recognized game.
Speaker 1: That's how you know this is a good movie. Badge for a good posture, badge for this Winnie is so good. I hope they cast her on the WINNI alone because she was doing it.
Speaker 4: They must have must have badge for beautiful eyes. George has such beautiful eyes. Those were all my badges unless I think my final badge is a badge for okay nature. Yeah, there are some shots of nature that we're pretty.
Speaker 1: If we weren't stuck in the clinic the whole time. Yeah, my god, I'm oh tradges. Sorry. My final badge is for this generic bullying of this little boy. I thought it was hilarious. This guy had to be a bully, but he was bullying a child, so they didn't actually want to make it like problematic, so we just kept going like, oh yeah, and then like would like kind of lightly push him and then sort of like give him a noogie. It was like kick the duck that the toy that he was playing. I think they legally couldn't like do anything that actually seemed like intimidating. It was so funny, you're a duck.
Speaker 4: Trags, trash for a dead dog. Oh my god, god that.
Speaker 1: They threw into the window. What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Those local thugs, what the heck?
Speaker 1: Crazy? They hate the animal kids, but they always very real threat animals. Yeah, local thugs are everywhere.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Trash for nail e ew I.
Speaker 4: For the rest of the film, the squirrel boy tries running up, don't ye trade for he's being so weird with his shoulder blades.
Speaker 1: Those were crazy, they came off of his body. Trage for it would be so very easy to criticize this film as a film critic. It's just dripping with yeah because it was bad. Yeah, it was. It was not good trade.
Speaker 4: For I am so embarrassed on everyone's behalf.
Speaker 1: Those are all my trages.
Speaker 4: Trage for this movie sucks.
Speaker 1: It's really not very good.
Speaker 4: Trage for I don't know what the point of this movie is. And trage for well, at least it was a tax right off because I had to pay five American dollars to watch this film. What the hell?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's exactly nineteen seventeen right now. My time crazy, which means it's time to move on to our segment that I thought we were already doing. How to pretend you've seen this film?
Speaker 1: This is for it's done, It's done.
Speaker 4: You are on Hampstead Heath, You're going for a nice nature and then what's his name in this? Jake?
Speaker 1: Jacob? And then Jacob skulks up to you like a wolf.
Speaker 4: And rolls around in the dirt.
Speaker 1: It goes on, did you like that? Did you like that?
Speaker 4: You like my Jacob? I didn't Jacob.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, fine, fine, fine, I'll talk human to you for once. I love this movie. I think it was George McKay's best film, much better than nineteen seventeen. It's called Wolf. I'm gonna tell you all about it here.
Speaker 4: And in order to set Jacob free from this conversation and your life, we're gonna give you a few sentences you can say to pretend you've seen the film Wolf. Jacob, I've seen Wolf. You didn't even ask who I am. Hi, I'm Jeremy, and I am not a squirrel. That was the best line of the film. Did you see him in the background with a giant squirrel tale?
Speaker 1: Yes, which also makes you wonder about the world of this place.
Speaker 4: Not ready, not ready to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yes, uh, yes, Jacob, I have seen the film Wolf. This is the first Irish film to shoot during the COVID pandemic once production can safely resume. No, no, they were like, we have to make this movie. We can't drop it, we have to make it happen. So you know this was made with weird restrictions and everything too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it was pretty It was very contained, so I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that thug was six feet away for sure.
Speaker 4: Local thugs. Yes, Jacob, I've seen the film Wolf. I would describe the viewing experience of it with the following quote from the film. When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back to you. This was one hour and thirty four minutes of gazing into the abyss.
Speaker 1: So weird. It wasn't even weird enough to be like a weird movie, though it was freakish and lame.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jacob, I have seen the film Wolf. I've seen it. Who hasn't.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: George mckaye spent weeks writing daily diary entries in the voice of his character in order to explain his inner thoughts. He also spent a long time doing intense physical training with famed movement coach Terry Notari notary. I guess not Terry n O t a r Y.
Speaker 4: He trained with a notary with famed notary Motorized Wolf Famed James Patterson. James Patterson, Yes, Jacob, I've seen Wolf, the film in which George McKay's character believes he is a wolf trapped in the body of a boy. And I really I disagree with that premise because to me still in this film, as I thought in nineteen seventeen, at certain times, George, the animal George looks most like is a chipmunk. Wow, there's a little facial expression he does where I go that is a chipmunk.
Speaker 1: Interesting, He's so svelt.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have a say, oh, yes, it's just his face, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's got a specific body.
Speaker 1: There was a shot of just his abs and I was like, what is this.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and it's so odd because it's like on paper hot. But then you move it in the way that you're moving it and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, stop using it, weird.
Speaker 4: I'm using your body weird.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Ja, I've seen the film Wolf, and I have nothing else to say. About the movie. So I will tell you some facts about wolves. The average foot size is four inches wide by five inches long. What pack size can range from two to thirty pack members, and the average pack size is five to eight And a wolf's weight at birth is one pound. Ah skin me, skinny legenden Leana Sean. Move on to our next segment, Should you watch us? Or where we tell people if you should watch this film or if you should do anything else? Yeah?
Speaker 4: For me, I will take this. I will take this well. First of all, No, First of all, no, No, you shouldn't back to our classic. Should you watch this or should you watch nineteen seventeen? This is an easy choice, everybody, Do not watch Wolf, please instead watch nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: I wonder which one he'd recommend. I honestly don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't ever want to talk to him about this movie.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk to him ever.
Speaker 4: Again, I didn't say that. Did you know he's married?
Speaker 1: Oh? What? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know. I guess found out last year. I was really pissed.
Speaker 1: I guess it's completely completely reasonable that I would have no idea about that.
Speaker 4: See, I know, what would you say?
Speaker 1: No, you do not have to watch the film Wolf instead you could. I would recommend going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, no matter how far it is. Yeah, it's amazing. You'll learn about animals. No, do it, do it, do it.
Speaker 4: No matter the carbon footprint it takes to get there, you go.
Speaker 1: It is so amazing. It is a great display of nature doing its thing.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was so gorgeous, made me feel so close to nature in Monterey that I loved it. Just watching the sardines swim and altogether they were like in a big They were in a big It was a big school of silverfish.
Speaker 4: Oh like finding Nemo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not silverfish, a big school of beautiful fish. Gave me goosebumps. I would rate the.
Speaker 4: Film Wolf one local thug out of five. I don't know. George is a beautiful boy and his hair looked great. But I hated that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really hated that. I'm glad we watched that.
Speaker 4: It was I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 1: Crazy how long?
Speaker 4: What would you say?
Speaker 1: This was an hour and a half long movie that took like four hours to watch. I would also write the film one pound at Birth is how much a wolf? Out of five? Yeah, I give it for acting commitment alone. I mean it was an acting exercise and I think he had probably a great time doing it. Whatever point it was trying to make, I don't. I think it's like actually problematic whatever the point was thinking about society. Also, at some point she's explaining why she is this way, and it's like is this something you've born with?
Speaker 6: Or like what is this?
Speaker 4: But they said it could be trauma or insecurity. Then I said, huh, okay.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, thanks for this. We watched it. Yeah, well we watched Oh my god, it was pretty funny. I mean, if you want to watch something silly with your friends, go for it. It's really hard to find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We've been toss Popcorn. You can find us at Toss Popcorn on Instagram or we will post hilarious memes about this film and post episodes and news and things, and you can follow us on patreon dot com, where we post little reviews of modern movies and you can see our faces. We're soon going to watch one much like this film. Uh, baby girl, is that what it's called? Baby Girl?
Speaker 4: Yes, baby girl?
Speaker 1: Think I think we should watch it. I've already seen it. Baby really, Oh my gosh. Yeah, okay, I gotta get on that. I assume it's going to be exactly like this film.
Speaker 4: At one point during Wolf my flat, I did say, what is this baby girl? What would show when he was wearing a I'm not saying anything. Okay, I'm not saying it, and uh and join us next week when we will be watching. But I'm a cheerleader.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. It's also going to be about youths in a place trying to be turned.
Speaker 4: Most movies are, I mean, like a clinic or something.
Speaker 1: Try to be my God. Sorry, I thought you. I don't know. I think.
Speaker 4: Thank you, love you, bye bye.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Instagram as at Sianna Jaco and at Leanna Holsten. Please check the description for the spelling of our dumb names. We put out episodes every Tuesday, so make sure to subscribe so that you don't miss an episode. See you next week on Tossed Popcorn. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, check the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: And I was waiting in line with the two tills that have humans behind them, and everybody in front of me had huge carts filled with food items, various food items, and every single person in front of me was buying a bag of potatoes. Interesting among their shop, every single person potatoes.
Speaker 1: They love them over there. I mean they did some bad things for him.
Speaker 4: True. Yesterday they watched a man microwave a plate of only potatoes. Wow, potatoes, man, they really love them