Speaker 1: Hey, Discos, need a little more Disgraceland in your life, just to touch to get you through. Yeah, me too. This is the podcast that comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after Party. Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, the party after the party, the bridge to get you from one full episode of Disgraceland to the other, the backyard to dig into the dirt. On this bonus episode, we are talking about this week's episode subject, Dennis Hopper. We are also discussing two cultural giants that we lost last week, David Johansson and Gene Hackman, and we get into your voicemails, text DMS emails and as always, a whole lot of rosie. All right, Discos, let's get into it. So, since the last time we talked, which was during last week's after Party, we lost two giants. I think we can use that word giants from the world of entertainment. David Johansson and Gene Hackman, two men, two artists of immense influence. David Johansson, of course, as a New York doll, he was the last living New York Doll as well, a band that he led, A band that directly influenced so many others, A band as exciting and thrilling and dangerous as the city that it represented, A band largely reflective of David Johansson's unique style and personality, which was tough, witty, funny. I caught a class. If David Johansson never created The New York Dolls, it's doubtful, Like I really truly mean this, This isn't this isn't hyperbole. It's doubtful that we would have had bands like the Stooges, the Ramones, And if we didn't have the Ramones, then we wouldn't have had the Clash or the Sex Pistols, and we definitely wouldn't have had you know, without the New York Dolls, we definitely wouldn't have had Kiss or Molly Cruet. At the very least, Motley Crue would have been a hell of a different band. If The New York Dolls never made it into Nikki Six's record collection, I didn't grow up in a New York Dolls fan. They were before my time. I came to them late. I came to them actually through Johnny Thunders's solo stuff. So I wasn't there obviously when they started. It was before I was born. But in the research I've done, both on the New York Dolls and on bands like Blake Blondie and reading, especially in reading Legs McNeil's book Please Kill Me, you really get a sense of the stir, the unique stir, the unique energy that the New York Dolls excitement that the New York Dolls created in New York City at their spark, at their beginning, specifically around the early seventies shows and the Mercer Arts Center shows that were depicted in How Was That Movie? The TV show on HBO Vinyl. These shows were the coolest of the coolest shows by every estimation. This whole scene that the New York Dolls had kind of built and that had sprung up around them around the creation of their band, it was fell all over the city. I mean, from a young Jeffrey Ross Hyman aka Joey Ramone to Bette Midler. I've even read accounts of John Lennon. If not you know, being a fan of the New York Dolls at least being interested or aware of what was going on at the time, and like I said, Bette Miller was hanging out down there. I read it wasn't true. I checked it this morning. I read that Hendricks was at a New York Dolls show. When I checked that out, and he died, I believe the year before they came to be, So if you read that, that's not true. But of course Bette Midler, a host of others who went on to become famous, Debbie Harry, too many to mention. The Dolls were the hottest thing in New York, unquestionably, and they were one of those bands that, of course didn't sell a lot of records, but whose influence is still being felt in our culture fifty years later, even beyond music with style, with filmmaking. I'm actually have a film on the back on in the background right now. It's called Smithereens. It's just playing on Criterion Channel, and it's said in the eighties, early eighties, I believe in Manhattan, and just from the look of it and the feel of it and the sound of it and all of it, you can you can feel the influence of the New York Dolls in this little indie movie. David Johansson was a was a star for sure, despite the band not selling a bunch of records, so you know, even as a star, though, it's hard to even explain the type of the type of star that David Johansson was in The New York Dolls. I mean, he's he's an everyman, tough guy, but he he's in lipstick and high heels and he's got this androgynous image that he's projecting while he's fronting the New York Dolls. But he's still, like I said, tough, fast talking, the scrappy New York cab driver. All that worked in contrast with his band personas somehow, and it just all added up to this certain brand of icon. David Johansson was the best type of rock star. He was many things at once, just like New York City. Okay, I've said that about New York City in the past. It's obvious, but David Johansson was more than just the front man of the New York Dolls. Of course, he was the Buster Poindexter character that monster hit from the eighties, Hot Hot Hot. He was an actor, most notably as the Ghost of Christmas Past and Bill Murray Scrooge, and I'm sure there's a host of other roles that I'm not thinking of right now that are more indicative of just how awesome David Johansson was. I had a brief, a brief, very brief personal exchange with David Johannson about five years ago, and you know, I was fully aware of the legend that he is, and I found him just in that moment to be gentle and kind, and he just projected this this ease about him that was just beyond cool. That's that's how I would describe it. So rest in peace, David Johansson. There's there's been a gazillion oh bits about him and tributes and a lot more eloquent than what I just laid out to you, and I just tried to give it to you raw and sort of semi off the coff of how I felt, how I feel I should say about David Johansson's place in rock and roll history. And I think if you asked he yesked all the greats, they'd give you something similar to what I just gave you. David Johansson was a one of a kind artist who broke the mold, and he will forever ever be missed. We also lost Gene Hackman, and you know, like David Johansson, Gene Hackman was immensely influential own ways that are harder to qualify. I think. Where Johanson was sort of over the top and burst into our cultural consciousness in these brief, impactful moments, leaving a loud mark on music and film, Gene Hackman, to me, anyway, was so good and so consistent that it's almost it's almost like we took him for granted. Yet there he was. He's in all these great roles year after year. I threw out my childhood, from before my childhood, you know, into my adulthood, Gene Hackman just kind of always there, always pumping out great role after roll after roll, until he suddenly wasn't and when he stopped making movies and retired from the public eye about I guess what a decade ago, two decades ago, how many of us even really noticed? I know I didn't, I'm ashamed to say. And I say this because a couple of months ago is when I realized this, when these paparazzi photos of a gaunt looking Gene Hackman in his nineties were really, he doesn't look anything like like we remember him as and it was at that moment that I realized that he was still around. And I don't know what that's about, talk about fading away instead of burning out. But again, there's something really interesting there to me about an artist who's just so good and so consistent and so prolific that we take them for granted, and we don't really give ourselves the time and the moments to celebrate them and to really dig in and shout about them and geek out on them. And Gene Hackman was just always there. His filmography is as impressive as almost any other great twentieth century actor. I mean, these movies are incredible, French Connection, Hoosier's Bonnie and Clyde Royal Tenantbaumbs, the Firm. The Firm's great. I know there's going to be Cinophiles out there who are like the Firm. When are you talking with the Firm's fucking awesome. And he is tremendous and unforgiven. Even Superman, Mississippi, Burning Young Frankenstein, and of course the Conversation Hackman is so good, so consistent, and so Gene Hackmany and all these films, Like I said, we take him for granted. At least I do. That's my take. I don't know if you guys feel that way. And there's just something to be said about that, that greatness that is so steady that it goes unnoticed. And that's what I believe Gene Hackman had, and I believe that he had a career that most actors in Hollywood would die for. And that's actually something we need to talk about, is you know how Gene Hackman himself died. We're still figuring it out. David Johansson died through cancer. Gene Hackman's death alongside his wife, Betsy Arakawa, is still very much under investigation. If you're unaware of what happened. Their bodies were found in different parts of their home in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Odutopsy and toxicology reports are still pending. There were pills scattered around the body of Hackman's wife, but not around Gene Hackman himself. Both are believed to have been deceased for as long as a week, possibly a little bit longer before they were discovered when this happened last week. The fact that their dog was found to be dead as well led everyone to believe that or to speculate, I should say that this was carbon monoxide poisoning and that's what was to be blamed, but apparently that's been ruled out. There are no signs of trauma to their bodies, if we're to believe what's been reported. There's no signs of foul play. But both these deaths are strange. Hackman was ninety five, okay, obviously no spring chicken. His wife though, was sixty five. How did they both die at the same time in different parts of the house. And what's up with their dog being dead? Twelve year old dog found dead on the scene as well. Anyways, find out and we'll do something a little more fully on Gene Hackman in the future. And of course we have a New York Dolls episode. What that gets into, you know, obviously David Johansson in front of that band, so we do a lot on David Johanson there. But I think there could actually be some sort of David Johansson tribute episode in the future. There's more to that guy's career than we obviously get into in the New York Dolls episode. And I'm just frankly fascinated by the guy. So I'd love to stick my head and stick my head in that wormhole for a couple of weeks and come out the other side with something cool for you guys to listen to. So maybe we'll do that in the future. And uh yeah, Hackman David Johansson. Two deaths in the past week heavy stuff. One death mysterious, one death rather uneventful. Both sad, two lives well lived with massive contributions to our culture. Both men will be missed by millions, including of course those of us here in disgraceland. Speaking of disgrace about Sean Combs and that lawyer who quit the TikTok rumor uh why yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the rumor mill will not quit And what's being bandied out as the reason why Ditty's attorney bailed. It's so disgusting, it's so grotesque. I can't repeat it here in this space, but if you want to know my thoughts on it, you can hit me up in the Patreon chat. We can talk about it over there in private, like proper degenerates, behind closed doors, privacy of our own digital home. Related news to Diddy, jay Z is suing the accuser who brought a lawsuit against him through Tony buzzby jay Z suing that accuser for defamation. And as I say, if you go for the King, you better not miss they missed, and here comes jay Z speaking of kings. We got some Dennis Hopper, We got some Stevie Rayvaughn, Dennis Hopper. Of course, this week's full episode of Disgrace sand Stevie ravon last week's exclusive episode for our All Access members, We're going to be talking about those guys in this year after party. Before we get to that, I want to talk about what's coming up in Disgrace andd Next to your feed are our rewind episodes on Tupac Secure, and these have particular relevance right now because of Sean Combs as we get ready to go into this Sean Diddy Coombs trial into two months. It's right, two months May fifth, still on the books. Okay, so we got a bone up, got a bone up on our nineties hip hop true crime. There's really five episodes on the whole Tupac and Biggie saga. When I started Disgracing on the first season, there's a joint episode on Tupac and Biggie thirty minutes, and then about two years after that, I released two two part episodes, one on Tupac himself and one on the Notorious Big that book ended a season of Disgraceland. I think they did. I think they book ended it. Anyways, they all came out around early twenty twenty. But this Tupac episode, if you have not heard it, this two part two Pac episode, you were in for a treat. And like I said, if you have heard it, time to listen again. Time to bone up, get ready for this trial. It's coming on Sean Combs in a couple months. And plus, you know, with everything that we've learned about Sean Combs and about Tupac's murder in the last few years, I want to know what you guys think about Tupac's murder. I want to know what you guys think about how I depict it in these episodes and what else is happening. Oh yeah, next Tuesday, Saint Patty's Day. I know people hate when I say Saint Patty's Day, but I don't care. I grew up in Clinton, Massachusetts. You could not be more irish, you could not be more Catholic. And I know, I know, I know there's there's purists out there who say that the Irish, the true cat the true Irish, the true Catholics, don't say Saint Patty's Day. Well, I grew up amongst I'm Catholic myself. I grew up amongst Catholics and we said it. So I'm not going to stop it. Okay, I'm not Saint Patrick's Day. There, I said it for you. For Saint Patrick's Day, also known as Saint Patty's Day. We have a Thin Lizzy episode that's coming up, that's on Tuesday. That's for you guys to hear. When you're listening to this Thin Lizzy episode, I want you to be thinking about the greatest Irish bands of all time. Okay you can. You can tell me drop Kick Murphy's and I'll take it, all right, I'll accept it. They're great. I love them. They're amazing. But you're gonna get bonus points for Irish bands. Okay, there ain't that many of them speaking to Catholics. Uh My priest went to high school with some of the guys from you too. How cool is that? So I know what his answer is, but I want to know yours. Who is it? Let me know, be thinking about that when that then Lizzy episode pops next week. I'll be back in a flash right after this with your voicemails, your texts, your DMS emails and more. All right, we are back. Just a quicker reminder of the Apple podcast listeners have auto downloads turned on so that you're not missing out on any episodes. All right, six one seven nine oh six six six three eight to leave me a voicemail and send me a text. Last week's Marilyn Monroe episodes being rewound in your feed. We asked the question of do you think that the Kennedys had anything to do with Marilyn Monroe's death? And here is an answer from Who's this from? This is from THEE.
Speaker 2: Hey Jake, this is Jesse from the sixty one nine. No, it's easy to say that the Kennedy's had something to do with Marilyn Monroe's death. I think us as human beings just automatically assume that just because someone was affiliated with someone in a powerful position, that oh, we had to go ahead and take this person out. No, I don't think that was it. I just think that circumstances may have contributed to her death. But me personally, I just don't think it was the Kennedy's. Thanks everything you do for the show, win for getting all this creative stuff for us to listen to.
Speaker 1: Man, thanks six one nine, Jesse, I agree with you one. I know that's not that interesting. I know the big juicy conspiracy theory is more interesting. But you know, I think the Kennedy's in a lot of way, In a lot of ways, we're shits, and they did some pretty pretty awful stuff. But I think on balance, especially Bobby Kennedy, I think he was a good dude. And yeah, he may have been in love with Meril Monroe, but I mean, hey, can you fucking blame the guy? I mean, come on, but does does that mean he killed her? I don't think so. I agree one hundred percent with your take on this, Jesse. We also, you know, we released the stevee Yvonne episode in our all access to our all access members. If you didn't get in the feed, it's because you're not a member of the unit of a membership for the all access part of Disgrace and five bucks a months by the way, So so a lot of talk with about Steve yvon which was last last month's exclusive episode. I always stumble over how to say that. That went to our all Access members and we got this call here regarding Steve Yvon from Curtis in the five to one.
Speaker 3: Three, Hey, Jake Is Curtis from five to one to three, that's Middletown, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You asked the question about.
Speaker 3: Artists who found themselves in a supporting role to another artist. Well, to have a continuation on Stevie ray Vaughn's story, what I heard a few months ago was that when Stevie Ray left David Bowie's tour, David Bowie went and found another guitarist who happened to be kind of down on his luck at the time, and it happened to be Peter Frampton. Research that but that's what I heard on something. I forget what it was, but that's a big thing too later.
Speaker 1: Curtis, I'd never heard that before. I'm not surprised Peter Frampton backing up David Bowie. I could see Bowie throwing throwing Frampton Frampton a bone there bring him on tour. But you know, Curtis, I actually have a lot of research I'm already doing, so I'm not I'm not going to research that as you, as you so politely told me to do. But if anyone else wants to check that out and get back to Curtis and I hear, we will gladly take your hard work and try and figure this out. Did Peter Frampton support David Bowie after Stevie Rayvaugh split from Bowie's band? If you want to hear more about how Stevie Rayvaugh split, what it was like playing with Bowie, all that stuff, you can listen. Like I said to the All Access episode on Steve Ravan, we got to become a member, all right. Regarding David Johansson, this voicemail comes from the four one five.
Speaker 4: Easy for you to say, Jake, Hey there, Michael Lean. He's calling from San Francisco on cloudy Saturday afternoon. Just got the news about the passing of David Johanson and I am listening to your Dolls episode in a sort of humble tribute to him. People say that when somebody passes, somebody's oh, a bit of my childhood just passed, And I really feel that way today. I mean, I was one of a handful of people in my high school who dug the Dolls. Even wrote about him in my who school newspaper, and you know they were just you know, no them, no pistols, no Ramones, no Green Day, you know, none of that.
Speaker 5: He was a gentleman and a spiritual scholar and a scholar rather. You know, I really feel lucky to have seen them at the Fillmore here in.
Speaker 4: San Francisco in two thousand and five. Six well as Samanson himself would say, let's just dance and uh, thanks for what you guys do. Keep that Prenshaw's Facebook g going all right.
Speaker 1: Four one five Michael Lane, he thank you so much for the for the call. Yeah, you nailed it. I said pretty much the same thing at the top of the show. I mean, I share your sentiments one hundred percent on David Johansson and the influence that the New York Dolls had, specifically that David had himself. He was I believe the spark. Not to take anything away from the other guys in the band, Johnny Thunders in particular, but I appreciate your sentiment. I appreciate your call, appreciate the emotion. We're all a little a little bit, a little bit raw. After the death of David Johansson six one seven, nine o six six six three eight. You guys want to call me about anything, you want to vent about anything going on in the world. You want to commiserate with our grief over the passing of a couple legends. We can do that as well. You can hit me on text, you can hit me on voicemail like Michael here and the others, you know, with the David Johansson and Gene Hackman passing. I've talked very little in the last few days, even in this podcast already. I've talked very little about Dennis Hopper in the episode that we had. So let's go to this voicemail here, this one coming from the seven eight one back in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Jake, what up? It's Ish, Hope Aul as well.
Speaker 6: Regarding your question of the week, who is the most rock and roll actor in Hollywood? I wouldn't say this person is the most, but he's definitely a bit rock and roll. I'm gonna go with Mickey Rourke. I don't know something about him, just screams rock and roll.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, that's all I got. Hope Aul as well, just go Ish.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you man as always, thanks for the call. I wonder what Dennis Hopper thought of Mickey Rourke. I think he would share your sentiment there for sure. Mickey Rourke is fantastic. Just what a force? What a force popa Greenwich village? Please tell me you've all seen that. I kind of want to rewatch that right now. Yeah, I do ish. Thanks for reminding me, Mickey Rourke. Dennis Hopper six one seven, nine oh six six six three eight David Johansson, Wow, Gene Hackman, all the greats are coming out to play today in this after party. Barry from the nine oh four reference to our recent Scorsese episode. Hey, my favorite filmmaker, and this one is tough, but I gotta say Eastwood, same dude who directed Unforgiven, also with Gene Hackman. Barry, thank you for the text, Guys, I'm gonna rapid fire a bunch of these. I might not read the entire text, but I want to get to a bunch of stuff that I haven't gotten to in a while. Jake, This is James from the three one eight Stevie ray Vaughn episode. Was the very definition of exquisite storytelling. Thanks James, appreciate that. James goes on to say, as far as my favorite guitarist. I have two. First, Paul Gilbert, not only is he a shredder of the highest level, but the joy on his face as he burns up and down the fret board reminds me of why I love music in the first place. I love that. Second is the recently passed Jordi Walker for the British post punk act Killing Joke three point eight. Thanks for the text. Appreciate you seven oh six right saying, hey there, disgraceand folks. It seems like I can't get a break from grief these last few years. It's started a few years back by the loss of my father, and I had your podcast to prop up my mind from going to that dark place that we go to in grieving. And this time it's a little different, but it hurts just the same. My pet of almost twelve years sccumb to lymphoma and that we've been fighting since around my birthday in October, and all I have to say after that is fuck cancer and anyone who openly opposes any and all forms of treatment to possibly get a cure for it. Love you guys, please keep it rolling. Seven oh six. I'm sorry for your loss. That sucks. I hope you're doing as well as you can be doing with the news, and I hope you're enjoying connecting here with the rest of the disco community here in the after party. Hit us up elsewhere if you like. We're on Instagram at Disgraceland Pod, We're on x and we are on Facebook. Also, I don't know if you're in the Patreon chat, hit us up there too. Three zero two wearing the Disgraceland Rock and Roller shirt. Looks great, look good, Keep it up. This one comes from the three one nine. Hey, Jake, it's Jeremy from the three one nine. Have you thought about making an app with all your shows like Ashley Flowers has. That would be cool and an easy way for people who miss bad Lands when you start it back up, keep up the great work. Three one nine. Appreciate the tip. Yeah, we've thought about it, but we got something else cooking that I'm going to talk to you about very shortly, Okay, So just keep an ear glued to the after party, all right, three one nine. You're gonna like what we have to talk about. Lots of best director texts we get two four eight coming in hot with Michael Mann eight oh five, Scorsese, Kubrick, Kubrick, Kubrick. We should do a Stanley Kubrick episode. That'd be great. Eight one eight, Right, sim Jake, This is a little late, but I wanted to tell you great work on the Scorsese Part two episode, and your impression of Marty talking about taking out the producer in the style that he was talking to Travis Bickel while in the cab was pretty fresh.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: I'll just say that, along with some of the obvious ones like Scorsese, I gotta put Spike Lee and Guy Ritchie on the fave director's list. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love Spike Lee's movies. I really really truly do. Guy Ritchie not as much, but I just haven't spent enough time with them. I will at some point something I look forward to. One more here eight oh eight. In regard to the question of the greatest guitarists, I'll answer my personal favorite is Nuno Bettencourt. Nuno from Hudson, Massachusetts, my old neck of the woods. All right, guy six one seven nine six six six three eight voicemail and text. Gr Twardowski writes on Instagram, good afternoon, I heard a conspiracy theory this morning that Mindy McCready didn't commit suicide, but that she and her husband were murdered due to excessive debt. Have you ever heard that? No, I have not, and I am I don't know. Should I be embarrassed to say that I don't know who Mindy McCready is. When you said Mindy McCready, the thought of Mike McCready from Pearl Jam. But Mike McCready, last I checked, is still very much alive. I don't know who you're talking about. If anyone knows who this is or what this is about, and if it's worth looking into, let me know. I am in no ways supporting this so called conspiracy theory. I am in no way saying that I think it's even a conspiracy theory or that there's any validity to it at all. It's just something that just popped up immediately here in my feed, Sorry my dms, and I'm asking you guys, if you know anything about it, so hey me at Disgrace lampod on Instagram, at Disgrace lampod on X, at Disgrace lampod on Facebook, follow us everywhere, get all of our content. I communicate all over the place, Paul G. Bateman on Facebook. Right, Hey Jake, it's me PGB from the eight four to three, your friendly neighborhood sports therapist and personal trainer. I just watched the documentary on sly Stone and I have to say it was the perfect compliment to your episode. Between the two, I feel like I have a better look at the whole picture. Thanks for the hard work ass always. You asked me about the difference in hot tub and sauna and they are huge. I'm not going to go into the rest here, but let me just say, Paul, I appreciate the info on hot tubs and Sunnah. Okay. Six one seven nine six six six three eight At Disgraceland Pod. Next week's question of the week, who's your favorite Irish band? Your favorite band from Ireland? I want to know? Six one seven nine six six six three eight voicemail text at Disgraceland Pod on the Socials. I'll be back in a flash. All right, welcome back. Disgraceland's Story of the week can be any story from your rock and roll past or from rock and roll history in general that you think best represents the rock and roll spirit, and then you want to share with us and then we share it on the internet. Okay, we've been posting these on Instagram doing these little carousel stories sort of celebrate you guys and all the all the rock and roll animalism that you've gotten up to in the past. Disgracelandpod at gmail dot com is how to get your story of the week to us. You can also call or send a text, but email seems to be the right medium for this. This week's story of the Week comes from mister Joe Cromley. Joe writes saying, Hey, this story is secondhand told to me by the late mister Kim Davis, high school friend of my former wife. He sadly died of a lifestyle related disease. I have attempted to contact two of the other parties in the story for verification and have not heard back. Here goes. In January nineteen seventy seven, Kim Davis was day drinking at an Atlanta strip club named Tattletale, which is still open. There was hardly anyone in the place and a group of very loud, oddly dressed people came in. Kim ended up speaking with some of them who were clearly British. Kim, you all from England. Guy. Yes, we've never been to America. We've never really been anywhere. We just got here, Kim. So what are you doing here, guy? While we're in a band and we're playing a show tonight? Kim, Really, what's your band called, guy? We're called the sex Pistols. The band played their first US show at a venue called the Great Southeast Music Hall, which was in a strip center next to a bowling alley and a kmart, just up the street from the Tattletale on Piedmont Avenue, And they were staying in a two story motel called Squire in more or less across the parking lot from the Tattletale, and they were killing time before the show at the nearest bar, and the girls there are still hot. Told to me by Kim. I wish I could verify it. If you know how to reach John Lyden or Steve Jones, I'd love to have it corroborated. Thanks Joe, Atlanta, Joe appreciate it. And you know, I often say the story of the week is to support the preservation of the rock and roll animal, the spirit of the rock and roll animal. And I gotta say killing time at a strip club in the afternoon on tour for a rock and roll band is about as rock and roll as it gets. So without the verification, I'm already believing this just based on the details that you've provided here. But hey, if we get a Steve Jones or John Lydon and I've talked to John Lyden in the past, and I was actually pitched on having Glenn Mattlock on the show a while back and I just never followed up. I feel bad about that now that I think about it, But if I ever talked to a sex fistle, I'll be sure to bring up the Tttletale. So thank you so much, Joe. Guys, hit me with your story of the week email all right, Disgrace slampod at gmail dot com and you might get it read here on air. Appreciate it, and then, like I said, Joe, keep an eye on Instagram tomorrow, we'll have something up and we'll be name checking you and the Tattletale. All right. If you want to help the show out, you can do so by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts and or Spotify. As you know, the reviews helped the show with discovery and every week I read a review and if I read your review, and you get in touch with me, we will send you some merch. So this one comes from Pure Sarah Sue. Pure Sarah Sue, show you how diplomatic I am. This is not a good review, Pure Sarah Ssoue writes in all the stories are about dudes, no bad girls allowed. I guess Pure Sarah Sue is understandably. I'veset about this, Pure Sarah Sue. I've said this before and I'll say it again. There just isn't all that much true crime from women in the world of music. We've covered a lot as much as I think we can, and there's still more we can do. And I say this, I read this review on purpose today because I'm in the middle of researching the Go Gos for a Go Gos episode that will be out in a couple months. So, Pure Sarahsu, if you're listening, if you're still with us, get pumped. Get pumped for that Go Gos episode, all right. And I think to all the women out there, it says something about you that you haven't behaved throughout the past and music history like as badly as men. I just I think that's a positive. It may result in a less well rounded podcast, but I think you know on you know, on balance for humanity's sake. Anyways, it's a good thing. Over on Spotify, Knackers, this isn't a review, but Nackers, I still want you to hit me up because I like how you're doing this over here on the comments section and Spotify. Nackers is answering the question of we prompted from the Dennis Hopper episode, which is who is the most rock and roll actor from Hollywood? And Nackers writes in Charlie Sheen and the discussion, you know, hard to argue with that one. Hard, hard to argue with that behavior. I don't even know if the only you can argue that is to argue was that behavior even rock and roll? Or was it just so fricking over the top we can't even categorize it. Charlie Sheen still alive. I think he's got a new series coming out, or it's out or something six one seven nine oh six six six three eight cent a voicemail, lead me a text. You can leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts and or Spotify. We really appreciated this episode.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: It's coming to an end, but the after party, it's going to continue for the All Access members. Okay, remember earlier I was talking about that Stevie Ravond episode. You might heard me sneak in there that you also, in addition to getting that extra bonus episode per month, like the Stevie Ravond episode, you also get a little bit more of the bonus after party, and that's about to start right now. For our All Access members five bucks a month, you also get commercial free listening. I can't forget that. I don't know, but if you ask me, that's a good way to spend five dollars. All right. I know we all don't have an extra five bucks sitting around, but if you do, go over to Disgrace sampod dot com slash membership and sign up to become an All Access member. We appreciate. All Right, we are back. We mentioned a couple of different archive episodes in this here Bonus app talked obviously about David Johansson, So New York Dolls, talked about the Ramones, talked about you two. Who am I forgetting? I'm not sure, but for those three episodes, Matt's gonna have the archive information, the episode information. Excuse me on these archive episodes in the show notes for this here bonus EPs, So if you guys want to find those, you'll be able to find them. All right, I want your story, Call me, I want your story of the week. Okay, text me call me six one seven nine o six six six three eight, or text me, leave me a voicemail, hit me up at Disgrace sam Pod. Give me your story of rock and roll animalism, either something you heard or something you experience. It's first hand, and your story might be the story of the week. That is number one on our recap. Number two on our recap is right now in our feed. Our episode on Dennis Hopper number three coming tomorrow, our rewind episodes on TUPAC Secure and coming next Tuesday. Our brand new episode on Thin Lizzie. Number four, merch Winners get in touch.
Speaker 6: You know who you are.
Speaker 1: Number five. Remember, no one cares about preserving the true spirit of rock and roll more than you do. In that well, that's just a disgrace, all right. This week's episode subject, Dennis Hopper, died on May twenty ninth, twenty ten, and in honor of the man they call Hop, this is the Billboard Top ten from the day he died. Number one omg Usher featuring will i Am last week two peak position one weeks on chart seven, Number two California Girls Katie Perry featuring Snoop Dogg. Last week non applicable peak position two weeks on chart one, number three. Airplanes Bob featuring Hayley Williams. Last week five peak position PEAP three weeks on trusts on five six, number four number nothing on You and You a b Ob featuring No Marms last week last three PEP peak positions one weeks on Trust on sixty number five, Break Your Tail Cruise featuring Chris last week's peak position WES Quit talking and start mixing