Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, joining us down.
Speaker 2: Have you hit her?
Speaker 1: Dan Ives from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 3: Dan, You've got Dodgers giants, I believe tomorrow right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So look it's uh, we got some AI, some Nvidio and then you got some baseball.
Speaker 3: Well have to see on it translated video. We've really had a focus on the show.
Speaker 1: On it. You put out a real reaffirmation.
Speaker 3: Now how far out are you looking on Dan Ives on invidious?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I look, these are Michael Jordan like numbers.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look on the data center side, I mean you're talking about, you know, five to seven hundred BIPs above street whisper numbers into next quarter seventy percent growth it's seventy seven percent. I mean you talk about love of large numbers, it doesn't apply within video. And I think as it poys out, this is showing the five hundred billion they talked about with Blackwell and Rubin. It's conservative and I think his numbers look out thirty percent growth next year probably goes close to forty percent.
Speaker 4: And that's why I think there's a stock that.
Speaker 2: Should be up significantly as we look into the coming weeks and months, how.
Speaker 5: Do you put in video Visa VI AMD. These days, AMD seems to be really stepping up its cadence of announcements. Obviously they deal with meta. They made another announcement today. I know in video is the big big player there, Dan, but how do you size up just the competitive landscape?
Speaker 4: Look Liza's suit.
Speaker 2: Look if Lisa's suit is flying the plane, you're in three a drinking cabernet, watching Netflix, feeling really good. Okay, so you know she making all the right moves from narrow the gap because in video that's obviously the one chip in the world fueling the AI revolution. But AMD, you know they're going to get fifteen to twenty percent of this market over the coming years.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 3: Theme I see in the research notes this morning is most people like Dan ives lift up their price target. It's some concervatively, some with a little more aggression. Is Dan, I's the idea that they will expand beyond five or six vendors.
Speaker 1: Is that an assured thing? Or is it?
Speaker 3: Would you put that under risk factors that they can't get the rest of the world to pay up for in Vidia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I think right now yeah, you don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: And that's when you look at margins, gross margins seventy five percent. Over the coming years, you will have competition. Big tech companies are gonna try building own chips, obviously AMD, you see Huawei and China and others. But the reality is, especially when it comes like physical AI autonomous robotics, you're gonna have no choice right now where in VIDIA. You're gonna ultimately have to go down that route within Vidia. But this is gonna spread five, seven, ten vendors over time, but at least the next eighteen twenty four months, probably thirty six months. If you're calling the red phone for a chip, it's the godfather of AI, black.
Speaker 4: Leather Jack of Jensen. Who's answering that phone?
Speaker 5: Dan, what's the uh, what's the conversation you're having these days with your tech clients as it relates to software and just the threat potential real? I don't know, uh, that AI may pose to some of these software vendors, because boy, those stocks have been taken out to the woodshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, it's it's the most in my opinion, disconnected trade that I've seen in my career. Because and Jensen hit on it last night on the Earnings called software will be the hearts and lungs from a data perspective and use.
Speaker 4: Cases of AI. So the concept that Claw and.
Speaker 2: Others are going to unseat these you know when you look at sales for a service now, Microsoft, others, it's a fictional tell and I think investors trying to figure out, like, how do you play software? Right now? Everyone's running for the hills. You're owning Semi's in hardware, no one's in touch and software. But I viewed as the opportunity to own some of these core winners.
Speaker 5: I mean, what's the conversation you're having. I would think the hedge funds would be really If I'm a hedge fund manager, I'm going right to my tech ontos and saying, I think this might be once in a lifetime opportunity to buy some of these names. I mean, but you can be obviously really right or really wrong here.
Speaker 4: What do you think the conversation is the conversation?
Speaker 2: You'd think it's that, but it's actually I think it's almost the opposite. You're saying, everyone just run to Semis and arms.
Speaker 1: This is important, Dan.
Speaker 3: On this Thursday, you can report right now that what you what you're observing is people are still running.
Speaker 2: Running for the hills like you know they're being chased by a dinosaur.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let me let me interrupt here because you killed this in April. We were running for the hills on April, the first week of April.
Speaker 1: Last year, and you know you nailed that along with some other people. You weren't alone.
Speaker 3: Is this the same equivalent, the same analog now? Is the running there of April, you know a year ago?
Speaker 2: Generally it would be like being negative on Aaron Judge because of the way you play.
Speaker 4: Is the first week of a season.
Speaker 2: The point is if you look at this over years, right service now, salesforce, what Arvin doing at IBM, you look at Microsoft, I viewed these generational opportunities and as is, all plays out and that's why right now, like the Bears are winning the narrative in the day that's going to be short lived. That's how you ultimately, that's how you make money in this market.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's switch yours, Dan As with the stock go out of Tech Research and Webbish Security from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 3: We welcome all of you around the world and across the nation. Apple's going to do some soire right now. I see all the Apple gossip. I think they did a product refresh last year. What's the product refresh look like this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that'll be like on when you look at different models from the iPhone, the sc You're gonna have some lower cost models that they release. And I think this is one where they start to tiptoe into iOS. We talk about twenty six four to twenty sixty five where that's gonna finally be Serie AI, which all leads into WWDC and iPhone eighteen. Look at the way, and like we obviously thought about all the time, look at the way Apple's trading.
Speaker 4: I am telling you right now, this.
Speaker 2: Is the stock Google in twenty twenty five will be Apple in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Between the proc refreshers in AI.
Speaker 3: I'll listen to you, Okay, I've been using AI here and all I know is Penn State has to play Wisconsin USC and October seventeenth Michigan.
Speaker 1: I mean, Penn State State is a tough schedule.
Speaker 5: But they don't have to play Ohio State.
Speaker 4: That's big.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's we now report from State College Pennsylvania with Daniel Ives as well.
Speaker 1: Are they beyond the coaching.
Speaker 2: Tobaccle Oh and we we we got the golden ticket with Campbell's coach. Now, I told you, like we've talked about it. It's the rebuild to a Natty in the next few years. Big ten right now, I hate to say for the SEC. I mean it's a Big ten dominant league. I think Penn State is in just a phenomenal position going into twenty six and beyond.
Speaker 5: You know, tell them at Penn State football is good, but the wrestling program is it like like I went back.
Speaker 1: In kids were kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and people go to the matches, they go to like ends that Dane.
Speaker 3: I seriously here, You've been a huge supporter as an alumni of Penn State. You're down on the field and all their rock star stuff. If they ruined college football, is it now becomes so commercial it's just not the same that you and I and Paul new years ago.
Speaker 2: I actually I think they even the playing When I look at Nil, I mean now it actually comes down to like you're seeing more, You're seeing the ability. That's why I think Big ten is obviously started becoming dominant levers, sec look the competition and the.
Speaker 4: Athletes ultimately, you know, they deserve to get paid.
Speaker 2: And it just comes down to like, you know, it's a new world, but I think it's it's it's not going to be changing anytime soon.
Speaker 1: You got to go, what's your single best buy this morning?
Speaker 4: Oh, single best buy to me right here is Microsoft. Microsoft.
Speaker 2: The way that that stocks trading, it's it's almost the most disconnected tech stock that I've seen, probably in the last two years.
Speaker 1: Dennis, thank you so much. Tropper from Scott Still this morning,