Speaker 1: Here's your Sunday sampler. Get Real with Caroline Hobby. She had Terry Clark on Terry's Awesome Four Things was Amy Brown. They're talking about resilience and hope after a tornado touchdown with this business of Camille Austin the Bobby Cast. I sat down with Grace Bowers. I want to start with this. She's seventeen years old. She plays guitar. She played at our million dollar show. And it's weird to say this about a seventeen year old, but she is a monster and also far more mature than a normal seventeen year old. She's so skilled at one thing and she still as a kid. But I hope you listen to this interview, the stigma of her being young and a female guitar player working with brothers Osbourne. Here's a clip and if you like it, go listen to the whole podcast. It's me with I mean guitar beast Grace Bowers. So back to John Osborne for a second. Who you guys work together on your music?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: On the record when you're working with.
Speaker 4: John, because John is such a great player, has such a great ear, it's so proficient. He plays four minute solos on record versions of thing. You know, he's so good. He's also such a good dude who values mental health and he if like if our your mom, I'd be like John Osborne is like the guy you want to be around as an influence. But when you're with him, like, what did you want your sound to be? Because there's a difference in being influenced by things and like you said, playing things you memorize, what did you want your sound to be?
Speaker 5: Well, I came into him and I'm like, think like Funkadelics, Line in the Family Stone and the Meters, I want you to mash those altogether. I want that and the songs that we all wrote. We're kind of that style too, kind of like funk soul, classic rock. And he totally understood. And I've been getting mixes all week and.
Speaker 6: Oh really, that's not be happier with that.
Speaker 7: That's exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so when you say funk soul, classic rock and you say sly in the Family Stone, I think of Slying the Family Stone a whole lot of people on a stage, all of them being really good individually, Like you could pull any of them off and they would be just so proficient at keys or or drums or just different percussion.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's that is.
Speaker 4: Quite the achievement to want to be like that and then feel like, hey, we kind accomplished. Where it's heavily influenced by Sly. It's also so seventies, Yeah, very and visual. It's kind of your visual vibe to a bit. Yeah, any chance or like an old dude who died in the seventies and came back to life as like as like a kid and like they like put you in the wrong body, because when you said slign the family stone, like even now your vibe now is that? Has that always been like the fashion the era that you liked and felt most comfortable?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Actually, well, when I was again, when I heard slash for the first time, that got me really into hair metal.
Speaker 7: For three or four years it was only hair metal.
Speaker 5: It was like warrant Rat Motley Crew, like the cheesiest stuff you can imagine. I loved it, and so that's what I listened to.
Speaker 4: Why why'd you love it so much? You think?
Speaker 5: Honestly, because I still love it. I will still go back and listen to it. Sometimes I was like, I'm not gonna say it's a guilty pleasure because I like it and I'm not guilty about it. But it was kind of all I knew at the time, Like I didn't like I wasn't around like different kinds of music to like, I wasn't exposed to it. Like I moved out here and I heard bluegrass for the first time because and I had no idea that was even.
Speaker 7: Like a thing.
Speaker 4: So when you moved here, you already playing guitar, right, yeah, So but when you hear bluegrass and it's bluegrass, is it's very quick, very yeah mandolin, I mean it's and you as a musician, even at a young age, some people may go, oh, you heard bluegrass any but bluegrass is really complicated.
Speaker 7: It's insane. I can't play a lick of bluegrass.
Speaker 4: When you would hear bluegrass, would that inspire you to try to get better in a certain way or was it, like, Man, I don't know, I don't know what how to bluegrass influence you because it's so hard.
Speaker 5: Well, there is a banjo sitting in my room because I thought I was going to learn how to play the banjo after seeing a bluegrass show at the station then and.
Speaker 7: Didn't really work out.
Speaker 4: You get the fake one, the gango six stringer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's probably what I should have gotten.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of my friends play that. They're like, look, I'll play a banjo and I'm like wow, They're like, not really his six strings, it's just a fake banjo. Do you get a lot of people sending you for guitars now?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would imagine that I.
Speaker 7: Have too many guitars at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would imagine everybody wants you to play their guitar on social media or or something, but then not give you money to actually be the endorser.
Speaker 2: Y just send you the guitars.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm okay with that. I'll take I'll take free guitars any day.
Speaker 4: You'll take them, but you may not get on Instagram and play them.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite? What's your favorite guitar?
Speaker 7: My sixty one SG.
Speaker 4: Now when you say sixty one, that's nineteen sixty one. How we have we have a old Bronco this from before I was born. We've changed out a lot of the parts in a sixty one SG. And I don't know, I'm talking about things I don't know now, is it all except for the string.
Speaker 2: Is it original parts For the most.
Speaker 7: Part on mine, it is. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I haven't changed anything about it since I don't want to people like like people will tell me like, oh, it needs a new bridge, it needs to be refretted, and like.
Speaker 7: It still sounds Okay, I'm not gonna. I don't want to change it.
Speaker 2: Do you travel with it?
Speaker 7: I do, but I'm gonna Gibson.
Speaker 5: It's gonna make like they're gonna like scan it and make a replica of it to bring.
Speaker 4: Out to festivals and yeah, something that precious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I don't want to be traveling with.
Speaker 4: It, especially if it's been around since the sixties. It's not like a lot of bumpings and it'll be good for it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, cast up little food for yourself life.
Speaker 12: Oh it's pretty bad. It's pretty beautiful, beautiful a little more family, of course, said he can. You're kicking with four with Amy Brown.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's Amy Brown from Four Things with Amy Brown. And here's what we talked about this week on my podcast.
Speaker 8: Basically what happened was we were at our biggest event of the year, Tornado Warning Watch starts happening immediately. My first in turn went to my home, you know, my husband's there or we have five dogs, and so I just kept in touch with him, and people were looking at the map and they were like, Yo, this is right by your house. I guess everything okay. And so once I got the all clear from Kevin, I just kind of put it out of my mind. I didn't even think about the warehouse.
Speaker 13: I was like, oh, we're all good.
Speaker 6: It's passed.
Speaker 8: And probably about twenty minutes later, I got a call from a friend and they had been parking their food truck at my warehouse right around the back and they were building a new trailer also, and they called me, and I thought, oh, I wonder if something happened to their trailer. Like I wasn't even still not thinking about my business. Andy who called he's usually like a pretty like jovial person, and the minute I heard the tone of his voice, I was like, oh, man, something's not good, you know. And so he just kind of said, hey, is anybody said anything to you about your warehouse? And I was like no, and he's like, yeah, it's pretty bad. I was like, is it like bad, like it.
Speaker 11: Just looks bad?
Speaker 8: Or is everything ruined? And he's like it's really bad. Me and my friend Allison, who also owns a business in Porter East and we owned the candy shop together, which is crazy. So our warehouses are in the same complex, and so we both just hopped in a car, drove up there, and as soon as we got close to it, we were like, oh, this is it was like out of a movie. I know people say that, but to pull up on a place that you go every day and to see it just absolutely decimated. Like the entire corner of her building was missing. The building across from me was completely leveled. And then so our building, it was kind of okay on the front end, but it had the tornado had kind of come across the back and just completely rip the roof off, and ultimately what happened was not only just the tornado winds, but it ended up raining with no roof for the rest of the night, you know, so everything inside was ruined. They were like transfers from hats over here. We had I had just picked up like a couple thousand dollars worth of thread, the red and string where everywhere our shipping materials were hanging from the rafters. And so yeah, we looked at it that night there were like fire trucks everywhere, and there was like a couple of gas leaks, and so ultimately I just decided, there's literally nothing I can do tonight. That's when I made the video that was on my Instagram account. And the reception I got from that video, honestly, I was like, I just sound like a bumbling idiot, because I really was like, I just don't I don't know what's going on, but I just feel like I need to say something because a lot is going to have to change really quickly. Because it was it was the holiday season. We had orders on the website that we hadn't shipped out that were like Christmas gifts for people.
Speaker 13: So how did people respond to that?
Speaker 9: Because you would hope they were like, okay, yeah, we totally get it was anybody like what my order's not coming.
Speaker 8: Some people we just didn't hear from, and that was fine, but everybody was very very kind. And I got back up there the next day and I very quickly realized that the building wasn't going to be secure, and I had a couple of expensive things in there that I didn't know whether I still worked or not. I got a U Haul and just piece by piece, started picking up anything that I thought would be of value and that I didn't want to leave overnight because sadly, you know, you start to get looters and people coming in for scrap metal and stuff like that, which everybody's got to make a living. But yeah, you know, the way I look at it is, you know that stuff that was left there. You know a lot of my inventory is still up there. It's just sitting there.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 8: At this point, they've put up like a big gate and I'm guessing they're going to tear the building down. But everything was kind of covered in insulation, which you know is not good for clothing.
Speaker 6: It gets itchy.
Speaker 15: So people were like, I'll.
Speaker 8: Come wash it, and I'm like, that's it's not this kind of party, like we just need to scrap.
Speaker 9: That has to feel good to get a response like that, We'll come up there, we'll help you, we'll.
Speaker 6: Wash this stuff.
Speaker 9: I mean, even just looking at your Instagram, the outpour of support, how does that make you feel in this commune that you built.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's the thing is for the shop, the sense of community is the most important thing to me. And we have done a lot of things for the community. I think that was the hardest and strangest part was to then receive that help and to get that back. Like even the day after, the folks that run Porter Flea, they're like, we want to set up a GoFundMe for you and Allison and both of us were like no, and we're like, we have let's wait, let's see an insurance. And one of the founders of Porter Flee he actually had a fire that destroyed his workshop and he's like, listen, I'm telling you, you're gonna have insurance. But he's like, there's gonna be other stuff. There's gonna be things that you're not thinking of, and there's gonna be things that you need to take care of. And so we kind of reluctantly said yes, and it ended up just being such a big saving grace for both of us. So just swallowing my pride a little bit in that moment and letting people help. And I had a friend, Megan, She's like, I know you're not going to let me come up there to help you, and so she didn't even ask. She had been to the warehouse one or two times, and she just showed up and there she was, and I couldn't send her home, and her and her kids like help me haul stuff and move stuff, and yeah, I'll never never forget like those moments. Those are something that'll stick with me for a long time.
Speaker 9: What encouragement do you have for anybody else that's going through anything in life and they have a hard time receiving? Again, they're givers because I know how much you care about communion and how much you give. But yeah, I can tell even as you're saying it, that receiving is difficult for you and you're not alone in that. What encouragement do you have for people that might feel the same.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think I would just tell anyone like the joy that you get from helping people, like, it's okay to let other people have that moment.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: That's what I really realized is I'm the one who when things happen, I'm like, what do you need? What can I do? And I'm getting something out of that because I want to help and that feels something for me and it's only fair to let other people do that for you also, as hard as it is, and then you know, when you're back on your feet, you can get back to doing it. The other way around, like you like to. But I think the universe, in our world is all about balance, and I think as much as you want to give, sometimes it's okay to take a little bit.
Speaker 9: I think sometimes when we don't allow others to come in, it's exactly that we rob them of that opportunity.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and connection. You know, there's so many people that I feel like have already contributed to us, you know, getting back on our feet, and they'll forever have a connection to me and the business. And I think that that's important, just as important as you know, money or lifting a hand, just like that feeling that will always have between each other, just knowing like oh that person did something really cool in a moment that I really needed it.
Speaker 15: Hey, it's my da.
Speaker 16: In this week All Movie Mike's Movie podcast, my wife Kelsey and I broke down the best and worst movies we saw in the last thirty days. We always go see all the new movies out in theaters and streaming at home, so we give you the idea of what to watch and what to skip. But here's just a little bit from that episode, But make sure to check out the entire thing so you can hear all our recommendations and all the movies to skip. All right, we'll kick it off now, getting right into the best and worst. Kelsey, you started off, what was the best thing you saw in March Drive Away Dolls, And that was the movie about the two girls who take a trip down to Tallahassee realize they have something in their car that some criminals want. And it's a pretty wacky movie. But I also like that aspect of it.
Speaker 6: It's wacky, it's raunchy. Listen.
Speaker 10: It's no secret that I love a female at raunchy comedy. My favorite movie of all times broads Maids.
Speaker 16: Those are kind of making the comeback right now.
Speaker 6: I think it's great, Listen.
Speaker 10: We have so many raunchy dude movies that's always been the genre. American Pie, Super Bad, Wedding Crashers, The Hangover, and probably Missing like seventeen More.
Speaker 16: I agree with that, and I think this is a really good movie, one that I feel like will probably go unnoticed a little bit because it was a smaller budget movie.
Speaker 10: But maybe it will pop off on streaming like BookSmart did.
Speaker 16: I think it definitely will. I think that I think comedies in general will have a better run in streaming, just because this movie didn't have the biggest leads attached to it, although Margaret Quayley Beanie Feldstein, Yeah, I just feel like in the grand scheme of people, you're gonna sell tickets, probably not going to but once it goes to streaming, I feel like comedies do better there. The problem is if a comedy just goes on to streaming, it doesn't really make money.
Speaker 2: It's hard to.
Speaker 16: Make another movie like that again. And I think that's the reason we see less and less comedies is because they're not as profitable they're for. Studios don't want to invest in them because they really don't get a whole lot out of them. Even though for a movie like Driveaway Dolls that is a good movie on paper, you look at the numbers and you think, oh, that movie flopped, which is not the case all the time. So hopefully once that movie goes to streaming, it does pretty well. For my best of the month, it was kind of along the same lines a Driveaway Dolls. It is Love Livees Bleeding, which you didn't go see with Me and Town, but it's the Kristen Stewart movie. I feel like the plot is a little bit similar as far as being two female leads dealing with the type of crime, except Love Lives Bleeding has the A twenty four treatment, and in this case is a lot.
Speaker 15: More dramatic, a lot more.
Speaker 16: Violent, not that same comedic tone as Driveaway Dolls. But I feel like the audience for both of those movies are probably a little bit of the same. And this was a movie I went into just loving the aesthetic of it. I have like a weird fascination with Kristin Stewart as an actress.
Speaker 6: I'm here for the Chris and Stuart renaissance.
Speaker 16: I think this movie should start her comeback, not that she ever really fully went away.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it was hard because she did Twilight and it was one of those where you do one project and it starts your career and it's what the only thing you're ever known as. And I'm like, did we really think that a movie about a high schooler marrying a vampire having a baby who ends up being imprinted on by her werewolf best friend was anyone's showcase of talent?
Speaker 16: No, but it put her on the map.
Speaker 6: Put her on the map.
Speaker 10: But I think that she is such a talented actress and I'm excited to see her getting better roles, and her press tour for this has been really fun. I just watched part of her interview that she did a seth Myers, and it was really funny because she has that like such good just like deadpan humor. She's so good at that and you can't tell if sometimes she's being serious or facetious.
Speaker 6: And I find that hilarious and kind of.
Speaker 16: Along the same lines of her co star in Twilight, Robert Pattinson, who has also had that same struggle of not being viewed as Edward from Twilight. I think it was hard for people to even see him cast as Batman because they just saw him as the vampire.
Speaker 6: I think it was great, but he was.
Speaker 2: So good in that.
Speaker 6: Are they making another one of those?
Speaker 16: Yes, it got delayed another year, so probably won't come out. It was supposed to come out next year. Probably won't come out until twenty twenty six. That movie takes so long to film, and it was kind of along the same lines of what happened with the first one. I would rather them take their time, get filming started and make it great than just try to rush it and put it out next year. I think there's also a lot of restructuring happening right now on the DC side of James Gunn taking over. He's trying to build something and not confuse audiences, which I think is their biggest struggle right now, because they're gonna come back out with another Superman movie, and then people were gonna associate it with the Superman movie from ten years ago, and then if he has a Batman in that world, the other Batman is, it's gonna be a lot of confusing even for people dialed in. That is our best of March. Now, what was your worst?
Speaker 6: People aren't gonna lame me for this. It was doune too.
Speaker 16: I found a lot of people agree with me in thinking that movie was quite boring.
Speaker 10: It it didn't do it for me. I don't It wasn't even the plots not bad. The movie's not bad.
Speaker 6: I just was bored.
Speaker 2: It's just boring. At the end of the day, it is just boring.
Speaker 10: I came home and did like a no pun intended Wikipedia wormhole about Dune, rabbit hole, whatever you want to call it, and I was like, still don't get it.
Speaker 6: I get that it's like critically acclaimed, but still don't get it.
Speaker 16: I get the majority of it. I get its intention. It is a commentary, almost like a spiritual commentary of like somebody being the chosen one, people choosing to rally behind that person, that person kind of living up to that. You have this whole religious war going on in the film. But I just found myself thinking, like, I don't care either way what happens to these characters. And aside from the visual aspect of Dune and the action aspect, I think those fight sequences are really great. There's just nothing really to grasp onto you. And with a movie that has such an amazing cast, all those people individually are great and could lead their own movie, but the fact that they're all in one movie that mixed with the great director, it should be my favorite movie of the year.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you have to.
Speaker 16: Be a really big film nerd to really enjoy Dune, and I'm not that level of nerd. And if you are that level of nerd, more power to you, because I feel like being alive at a time where this is happening right now and you can watch one, you can watch two and anticipate that they go to make three is a great time.
Speaker 2: To be a Dune fan.
Speaker 16: With all these eighties movies coming back, that's probably the one that the people are most hype on. For me, I just don't get it. I'm not into it. So I agree with you and being one of the worst that we saw last month.
Speaker 11: Carl Line, she's a queen and talking line.
Speaker 2: She's getting really.
Speaker 11: Not afraid to fing so so just let it flow.
Speaker 2: No one can do. We quite like cary Line.
Speaker 11: It sounds of Caroline.
Speaker 17: Hey, y'all, it's Caroline Hobby from Get Real with Caroline Hobby. And here is a clip from this week's episode. Okay, so when was the moment you have all your whole life has been geared up for your life that you're living like you're one of those people that it's like from the second you had thoughts about who you are as a human being too, you knew you want to be a country singer, and you started putting steps in play to make that happen.
Speaker 13: You had a mother to support you.
Speaker 17: But like, as as soon as you had real thoughts, this was your destiny. So it's like, what is it like your whole life has been this and it has been this has been your whole dream and it's come true. What is it like the when did you sid you've.
Speaker 13: Been in your dream your whole life?
Speaker 17: When did you know that your dream had come true?
Speaker 3: I think after Better Things to Do became a hit.
Speaker 13: The first single was a hit straight out of the gate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: How does that feel?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 15: I was.
Speaker 3: It was surreal. It was just it was just like all of this planning and all of this, all of the sacrifice and the starving literally literally, you know, Lon, and I was. I got married when I was twenty.
Speaker 13: You met someone in National get married?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And did you marry a fiddle player? And to protect the names of the innocent, I call him starter Kit during my show because I don't want.
Speaker 13: To starter kit marriage.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, he was more than a starter kit. We were married for quite a while, seven years, I think six or seven years.
Speaker 13: Was it a nice marriage?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was fine. We were just young, too young, very young, and uh we you know, and when things started happening in my career, we really grew apart. And we were having some difficulties with communication and things leading up to that.
Speaker 13: So who doesn't when they're in their twenties.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's if I were you the song I wrote was about my marriage at that time, and I was talking to my friends about it and they were like, I would go to my friends for marriage counseling. It was free marriage counseling, so I would always call them when I was complaining, and some had good advice, some had bad advice. And I wrote that song about talking to my friends.
Speaker 13: What is the best advice.
Speaker 17: I actually have a friend who's struggling with her marriage right now, and I don't feel like I've been giving good advice to her because I've just got a kid, and I'm like, you got to you gotta fight for the marriage, You got to fight for the kid.
Speaker 13: But like, maybe that's not what you're supposed to do as a friend.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 3: I think I think asking your whoever you're talking to you to put put yourself in your significant other shoes. Put wait, okaya, put yourself in that other person's shoes for it.
Speaker 13: Like me, trust my friend.
Speaker 3: No, you, if you're having trouble with your spouse, put yourself in his shoes just for a minute, and honestly try and just look at it from that person's point of view, and then you can kind of not just be so insular in how you're thinking about because a relationship is fifty to fifty, Like, you're responsible for one hundred percent of your fifty percent and you're responsible for hundred a math right there, fifty percent? I failed at math. I don't know why I'm bringing numbers into this.
Speaker 13: You are one hundred percent. You are one hundred percent responsible for your fifty percent of the marriage.
Speaker 3: The marriage, So if you're going to end the.
Speaker 13: Marriage, you got to end it as best you can.
Speaker 3: But you also need to put yourself in your spouse's shoes and make sure you're looking at it from every angle instead of just your own.
Speaker 13: But what if you just don't love them anymore but you are speci as a human?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's hard. That's that's the tough thing. When that goes, it's hard to salvage that.
Speaker 13: Can you bring it up?
Speaker 3: That some people do with a lot of therapy in those whatever a mago thing as they call them, and workshops of some sort, I guess.
Speaker 13: But how do you know when it's time to let it go?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 13: Are you glad you did?
Speaker 3: I think if you've exhausted everything, I think I wouldn't be who I am today if if I stayed in that and I don't think it wasn't abusive. He was a lovely person. I can't. I have nothing bad to say about him at all.
Speaker 13: It probably was nice to have that comfort when you were that young.
Speaker 3: Him and his family. I might have wound up moving back to Canada and given up if it weren't for them, because I felt so lonely, so alone, so isolated from any anything that I knew everyone, my whole family, I was alone here.
Speaker 13: So you land over the country person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I very good person. And it just we just we just parted ways and grew apart. And when my career took off, it was kind of the nail in the coffin that was already it was. It was a bit of a sinking ship and it sort of was like somebody just, you know, threw a three ton weight on that ship, and that was my career. It just sank it. And I don't blame my career. I just think that it just sped that process up.
Speaker 17: What So I for me as a friend who I have someone going through this situation you were in, what kind of support do you want from your friends when you are going through a divorce, Like what you don't want your friend telling you what to do, right, because I've been their friend room, I'm like, you need to get therapy, you need to.
Speaker 13: Try to like salvage it for the kid. You need to work. But I don't think that's working on.
Speaker 3: I don't think telling them what to do is the answer. I think letting them process with you and to belly, they will figure it out. They sometimes people just have to say something out loud, just a trusted source that they they can count on not to judge them or try to fix it. They just want you to listen, and they will start saying things and they'll be ome like, oh, what did I just say? Well, I just answered my own question. And it's free therapy. A lot of times you got to pay a therapist to tell you these same things when you just have a You know, it's hard for friends to be by unbiased though, because they love you and they're on your side always. They've always got your back, so that's the only thing you know. They they're emotionally bested and where a therapist isn't. Oh we're going deep here.
Speaker 17: I thought you've been surrounded by great people though, like you've picked great people.
Speaker 3: My friends. My core group of friends that I have to this day, the ones that would help me bury the body, the ones that I would call in the middle of the night, are mostly people that I have known for thirty plus years.
Speaker 13: Wow, that says a lot about you.
Speaker 3: That I've known since I was in junior high with, like since I was twelve, And.
Speaker 13: Wow, yeah, really, so you're true blue?
Speaker 15: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: They're not in any way, shape or form associated with the music business.
Speaker 13: I mean, she's your best I mean she's kind of associated.
Speaker 3: I love Riba and I consider her a true friend.
Speaker 13: I know I do, and I do grow out.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you something. Riba is no different than those girls that I've known my whole life.
Speaker 13: She's a truelers.
Speaker 3: She is just not affected by any any of that fame and that.
Speaker 13: You can tell.
Speaker 3: She's so grounded.
Speaker 13: She's like Toby Keith too though, Like she's just Reba. She just is who she is. To the chase, cuts to the chase.
Speaker 3: There's no bs, there's no like, you know, floating around a subject. She'll just cut to the chase. And those are my friends. They're honest, and I just want honest friends.
Speaker 15: Let's do it live.
Speaker 11: Oh the too, so losers.
Speaker 18: What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 15: What up, y'all? At his sis and I'm from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the West side of Nashville with Baser, my wife. We do have a white picket fence at the apartment complex. Soon I'm gonna have two point five kids and yes, sadly, I will die of a heart attack when I'm seventy two years old. Here's a clip from the last podcast.
Speaker 18: And then they're like, hey, you can go back to the locker room.
Speaker 15: All right, cool, let's go and go back.
Speaker 6: To the locker room.
Speaker 15: So we were talking about Preds. Yeah, we walked know the Bruins.
Speaker 18: We walked down there and walk down the tunnel, walk right in the visitors locker room with all the players. Dude, yeah, you me jojo their whole claim. Brandon Drew, Yeah, Jessica, and no one stopped us. It was like we own the.
Speaker 15: Place, Brandon, thanks for the audio, Bud.
Speaker 18: We looked like a bunch of rag tag misfits, but We did wear our Bruins chain and we had our Bruins foam finger at the open practice.
Speaker 15: That was clutch. That's why you always keep gifts that people get you. They did lose out in the playoffs last year. We thought, hey, when is this gift gonna come back around? It did because we're gonna go backstage and be with the Bruins.
Speaker 18: Pretty freaking awesome. So Jessica, when she tells you, hey, I'm gonna get you something, Jessica gets you something. Thank you, Jessica. Here is our interview from the Bruins locking. I wasn't done saying, oh, go ahead. Also, we walk into the locker. Dudes are half clothed.
Speaker 15: I think the one guy was snapping towel ass guys, are we good to be in here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Ray was like, are we allowed to video in here?
Speaker 18: I was like, I don't think we should take video in here until everybody's dressed.
Speaker 15: They were de robed.
Speaker 18: It was pretty I never been Hey, can I be honest, I've never been in the locker room when they're changing.
Speaker 15: Well, and they are, and there's lady reporters in there.
Speaker 18: But lady reporters just have to be professional.
Speaker 15: Right, I mean, I I think, yeah, right, yes.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was interesting. Yeah, and guy had a black eye. Some of them, dude, they'd had a big old black guy had a shiner. Didn't have to look at him, so I just black guy. I was like, damn, this dude's tough.
Speaker 15: And then they had a little They had drinks in there. Every Gatorade you can imagine, every Prime, the Logan, Paul Brothers, Power Aids, they had to add some kind of like uh mixed drink like uh it was an amp drink of a Gatorade. And then they had gum whatever they maybe they chew gum while they're playing. Because our guy coil, he was rocking a piece of gum. Didn't know if that was our access and maybe we didn't have access to the gum. We had access to everything else.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they had hockey sticks and the dude, I mean the I guess the laundry dudes were already starting to hang their jersey.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the launch of the game.
Speaker 2: He hung me.
Speaker 15: He handed me a jock and I said, is this coils? And then I held it up and it was smaller, So it was definitely one of the other guys. I mean, it was fantastic. So, I mean it was so fun. I mean Coyle actually liked us too. He did, and he scored a goal in the game after this interview.
Speaker 18: That is impressive. We should have bet. We should have asked him, Hey, dude, we should we bet on you to score a goal tonight.
Speaker 15: Bro, I didn't bring that crapd No, I didn't even mention it in the locker room. All my questions were, hey, just dumb betting, because sometimes that's all this in my head and I knew you can't.
Speaker 18: That's so tabooed. Never bring up betting around athletes. I'm too scared. I don't want to get them in any trouble.
Speaker 15: Bro, Calvin Ridley was out of the game for eight months for betting, So I don't even talk about it.
Speaker 18: I'm like, uh, I turned my phone off, Like I don't even joke.
Speaker 15: Oh, I didn't even joke. I'm just like, even though we were in the bet MGM lounge.
Speaker 18: We were in the bet MGM lounge talking, but we can't talk betting and they're not allowed to bet, which is so like, it's wild that every commercial is a bet bet bet, but hey, players, don't bet this your locker room is the bet MGM locker room, but don't bet. Hey, the Predators, Yours is a DraftKings locker room, but you can't bet.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 15: We were shaking hands with everybody.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 18: Those hockey players kind of big.
Speaker 15: Some of them are short though, PK. Sumn really short. Yeah, but yeah, Coyle was tall.
Speaker 2: He was huge.
Speaker 15: He was actually jacked, he was. I mean, because you can get away in hockey. You got the big jersey. You know, it's not like you're revealing your body too much. I bet some of them can have a little bit of a gut. Cole was Coyle was doing the P nine dy x or whatever they're doing nowadays, the peloton, what's bones do? He does that outdoor workout, working out with trees and the and the pavement ship.
Speaker 18: That's called the Caveman workout.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So here's our interview. Hopefully enjoy it. And yeah, I mean we are now hockey people. Oh yeah, hockey.
Speaker 15: I asked Coyle, I said, hey, man, are you getting with the ice bath? Do you guys with that?
Speaker 18: And he answered it yeah, And I asked him, do you read this specific book? Like is this what inspired you to like hockey, and he answered.
Speaker 15: It do not remember that.
Speaker 2: Wow. I feel special to being with you guys.
Speaker 14: Like I said, I listen to you guys all the time and every morning, me and my wife, and we love it.
Speaker 2: You guys make mornings fun.
Speaker 14: And uh yeah, I might not be up that early, but I think we run around the podcast or whatever. But I still love listening, and so I'm glad you guys are here.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 19: I mean, I gotta tell you, I got a question because some of me, I'm a little bit hockey dumb. Okay, Like I watch hockey because we didn't have hockey growing up in Texas. We had like a minor league team, and I went and watched the fights. So my question is what you guys get called for roughing? You are rough the whole game.
Speaker 11: What is roughing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough one. I don't even know.
Speaker 14: I think I might be hockey dumb too, because I can't even answer that question.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're just a little too rough. I don't know. I'm not a ref.
Speaker 14: That's a tough job. I just try to play and try to be rough, but not too rough. It's try to find that line.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 14: It's tough sometimes, but I know you guys like the fights, and no, I always get the fans a fight first.
Speaker 2: And then because the playoffs.
Speaker 18: I watched the playoffs.
Speaker 19: I usually when I was a kid, I'd watch Mario Lemieux, you know, un till two in the morning, because they'd go to four ots the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I'm like, I gotta go to school in the morning.
Speaker 2: I got to find out who was.
Speaker 15: They don't fight in the playoffs.
Speaker 14: Now it kind of dies down a little bit because you don't sometimes fight and you can take stupid penalties and then you're in the box. The team goes in the bar, play score and then bow momentum switches. So playoffs are a big deal. So it kind of dies down, and but it does get rough in the playoffs. I think it gets a little rough, and the ref's kind of let that go a little more.
Speaker 15: I got a question. So I'm from Michigan, so I know the A and all that and all those people talk and stuff. But I moved there late and all the dudes were already on ice. Did you start on rollerblades or how did that go? Because I was just blate to the game.
Speaker 14: I did a little of both. I did a little both. I think I started on the ice, though, but they kind of went hand in hand. So go to the rink, you play. I loved it when I started, So I started on the ice and then at home just being around around the house with the neighborhood kids. You get on the blades, and so I love doing both. Did you ever want to be not saying you're like, what are the ones on ice?
Speaker 2: The figure skaters? Did you ever think of home? Actually?
Speaker 19: Like all the Olympics, you know what I mean, I'm a partner, like not not a site of Lucan.
Speaker 2: No, she's a gymnast. Kristy Gamagucci. There you go. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 14: I told his sisters and one played hockey and one did a little figure skating.
Speaker 2: I kind of shied away from that. I just I liked the hockey.
Speaker 14: But there were guys who I grew up playing against, guys in the NHL now, like Jeff Skinners, one of them. He grew up figure skating and he's one of the best skaters in the league.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 14: I kind of envy that. Now, kind of wish I did figure skating grown up. Hey, thanks Sunday Sampler.
Speaker 1: Really, this is a way for you to hear not even have to listen to our whole podcast to see if.
Speaker 2: You like it.
Speaker 15: If you like a little piece of it, then you go check it out.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: New episodes out Basically every day there's something new to listen to with anything on the Nashville Podcast Network, movies, sports, music, lifestyle, health, all that subscribe, rate and review and have a good week by everybody,