Speaker 1: This is the Rogue Recap with Linda McLaughlin. She's unfiltered, unforgiving, and understandably annoyed by everyone. Make sure you like and subscribe to a podcast and follow her on x at Rogue Recap.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome back to the Rogue Recap. It is uh what is today? Today is Tuesday. It's pouring rain here and definitely starting to feel like school is back in session. I remember that when I was a kid in the weather, he used to get colder, like at the end of the summer, and I'd be super sacked. I was like, it's over, We're going back. I mean, I was a nerd. I like school, but still I hate it going back. And now I got four kids, two of them in college and two going back to school next week and the week after, so we're in full school mode here at my house. And I have to say, you know, I was looking at all the things that are happening in DC and a lot of these people taking their kids back to school and going to work and walking around and they don't have to walk over homeless people and drug addicts and needles and you know, feces and urine all over their streets, and then you got these lunatics that are protesting and saying that it's you know, it's Nazis, it's Hitler, it's it's a takeover because of the fact that President Trump is federalizing control of the city. Now here's what's interesting about this, right some of you may have heard of this woman, Anagiratelli. She is a Washington Examiner Department of Homeland Security reporter. She was sexually assaulted in twenty twenty and talked about how her assault was not even entered into the records because they manipulate the statistical data of the crime in DC. And the former police chief is now an administrative leave as they look into this manipulation. The Department of Justice is finally taking it upon themselves to figure out what the hell is going on. But all of the local people that live in the DC metro and if any of you have ever been to our nation's capital, you know, you walk through Union Station, it's just it's terrible. It's tons of drug addicts, homeless people. It smells terrible. You literally cannot go five feet without walking over someone or bumping into someone, or having someone to you know, come up and beg from you, and then you go outside and it's no better. Their homeless encampments are everywhere. They're all over, you know, the National Mall. It's it's really, first of all, it's sad, right because a lot of these people that are homeless have mental illness, so they're outside. They have no place to go because of the fact that they are struggling. They're struggling with mental illness. And we've closed down a lot of those facilities because Democrat administrations like to take all of our tax dollars and allocate them to foreign invaders and illegal immigrants instead of giving them to our veterans with post traumatic stress disorder or to people who have struggled their whole life with mental health, whether it's bipolari schizophrenia, and now they're out on the sh streets because they actually can't find work because they are not of sound mind. They should be an assistant living, they should be in a mental institution. They should be taking some sort of you know, medicine so that they could regulate their various their various issues. It's just it's just sad, and it just goes back to like the main issue, right, like if we don't start taking care of our own, from our veterans, to our homeless, to our women and children, to our elderly, we are going to lose our country. And if you look around and you see people defending Sharia law, Islamic centers and illegal immigrants and they want to attack ICE officers, we have people within Congress that are docksing ICE officers and telling you where they're going to be and hide from them. You know, this is it's just beyond the pale. If you don't want to be here and you don't want to live the way that we live, and you don't want to adhere to our laws, that's fine. No one's keeping you here. I promise you don't let the door hit you on the way, you know, in the ass on the way out. Oh now, please immediately. This is a massive issue that we have in the United States of America. And to that point, the President even said today he's having various people go into the museums and the Smithsonian, et cetera, and looking around to see what they're teaching our kids when they go on these school trips to these various you know, establishments that get all this taxpayer funding and they're in there just bashing the history of America. This is the greatest country in the world, you know, and this whole idea of like we're a melting pot, We're not really a melting pot. We're like a bunch of melting pots kind of sitting next to each other, and sometimes we're mingle and sometimes we don't, and we're kind of doing our best. But we are definitely the nation in the world that has really given the most freedom to its people and done its best to not sort of control the people beyond what we consider to be a defensible manner. Right. We're not trying to tell people how to live their lives in their home. We want you to do the right thing. Don't her puppies, don't hurt babies, you know, if you want to celebrate your culture in your house. But we don't need the call to prayer five times a day like they're doing in different places in Michigan and Minnesota and Texas right now. That's not what America is about. We're a Judeo Christian nation. We want you to live and prosper. We want you to build businesses, be an entrepreneurial work for an entrepreneur, work for a great company, become a tradesman, all the things. But this whole idea of I'm going to come to America, I'm going to live off the dole. And that's what America is all about. You know, the money is just falling from the trees. It's actually not falling from the trees. It's off of the backs of people like myself, my husband and our families who put in, you know, fifteen twenty hour days doing various jobs trying to make the rent work. And things are ridiculously expensive, whether it's health insurance or the subways or a track or your highway costs. You know, all these things are increasing. And why is it increasing Because we're taking care of too many peace people who are just depleting the system. They don't put anything in. They take, they take, they take. And finally we have a president who's like, hey, I have a new idea. If you're on government benefits, if you're on welfare, food stamps, assistance of any kind, and you are of you know, sound body and mind, how about you earn a little bit of what you're taking. How about that? You know, there's nothing I love to see more than no ebt on all of the fancy coffees, the expensive soft drinks, the snacks that are no good for you, and then things that are covered that are good for you, you know, sort of like the staples of life, eggs, bread, milk, cereal for your kids, et cetera. These are the things that should be covered by food stamps. And it's so great to finally see somebody saying, yeah, that's actually not covered and we're not going to do that for you. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me. And all these people they're losing their minds. I mean they're absolutely out of their minds and they're like, what do you mean I have to work for the money that the government's giving me. I don't know, that's what the rest of us do. Where do you think the money that you're getting comes from? I mean, really that this is the thing that drives me. Banana is the most I want you to take a listen to this woman. She's on government assistance. She gets the maximum allowable amount. She has three children, and she is baffled by the fact that she has to allocate some of her time to actually giving a little back for all that she gets. Just take a listen.
Speaker 3: Can someone please help me make sense of this. I've been receiving food stamps for the last seven years consistently. I just receive a letter in the mail telling me that I now have to do community service hours at least at least fifteen hours a week. I have to take out of my time things that I do every day to do community service so that I can still continue to receive the benefits that I receive. Mind you, I am receiving the maximum benefit. I get two thousand dollars in food stamps a month, but that is only because I have three kids. Now, how do they expect me to be able to do community service hours if I can't even get a regular job. So I'm at risk of losing my food Stap benefits because I'm not putting an effort.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Yes, we're serious. Here's a novel idea. Why don't you try working like the rest of us. This whole idea of I can't find a job. How can you not find a job? I mean, honestly, you cannot go within even a few feet without finding a help wanted sign. Everybody's hiring. Everyone is hiring, and if you are unable to find a job. Well, then you are the problem. Maybe you need to look at yourself. Maybe you need to do something that you weren't intending on doing so that you could pay your bills. And I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation with people who were on benefits and I'm like, so get a part time job at least, and I get the same thing. Well, I can't take too much because then I won't be able to get my benefits. What this is, This is the concept we don't want to make too much money because we don't want them to take away our money. It's not your money, that's taxpayer dollars. You know, there's a movie called The Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe. It's really old. It's one of my favorites. I absolutely love it. And he does this, you know, it shows you know, that was right around the nineteen twenty nine stock market crash. And he's a boxer. He lost all his money in the stock market and he's in really bad shape. So, long story short, he goes to government assistance. He's standing on the line and he's got to get government assistants because he can't get work. And the woman who gives him the money was like, oh, I can't believe you're here and chastises him, which really is that what he needed at that moment. But anyways, fast forward in the movie. You know, he's back in the black things are doing good and he takes the money back and the government assistance worker, who like made fun of him, was like, what are you doing here? And he's like, I believe I live in the greatest country in the world. Who will help a man when he's down, And I'm here to repay the favor. That's the concept. The concept is not cradle to grave, be on the dole. The concept is, uh, oh I've hit a rough patch. I need a little help, you know. I personally feel blessed that as hard as my upbringing was, and as hard as my mom worked and did everything she did, God bless her for us, we never took government assistance. At our lowest of low my mom was like, I can do it. I can work. She was working two three jobs, working around the clock, never sleeping. I started babysitting when I was ten. I started and I got my part time working papers I think when I was thirteen or fourteen, sorry, working in the stores, go to school all day, work all night, do your homework. You know, that's a work ethic that you have to be brought up with. You have to teach your kids. You know, life is hard, but if you work hard, you'll be rewarded and you'll be able to live a life where when you take those breaks and you take those moments, you're happy. And that seems to be lost on you know, a lot of these generations, especially the boomer generation. You know, these protesters that are down there screaming at President Vice President Vance and Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and Stephen Miller. You know, they're going to you know, they're in the Capitol and they're you know, they're welcoming the National Guard and they're thanking them for their assistance and they're thanking them for their time. And there's these hecklers screaming, I mean literally screaming at them because they're mad that they're there. Meanwhile, the hecklers are all old white people. The DC Metro is almost I think it's like eighty five or ninety percent black. Who are you to talk about the DC Metro community and the crime and the trauma that they face every day, just trying to go about their day. Where do you live? And that's the problem. You talk to them where you're from. This one's from Markansas, This one's from Colorado, This one's from California, This one's from New York. None of these people are local. They don't know what it's like to live in these communities. It's absolutely incredible. I will say, you know, Stephen Miller, he roasted them and it was very well done.
Speaker 4: First of all, thank you're the Vice president for bringing us here today. Thank you Secretary for your leadership, and most importantly, think you hear the men and women of the National Guard. Here's the most important point. There are residents who lived in Washington, d C. Their entire lives. Their parents lived here, their grandparents lived here, and they have lived for generations in intolerable conditions of I'm in decay. There are parts of the city I moved to the city twenty years ago. There are places where I've seen graffiti that has been untouched for two decades. There are homeless encampments that have made it impossible for families to use public parks and public recreation for as long as I've lived here. There are hundreds of residents of this city who are shot in street violence every single year, making it among the most violent cities on planet Earth. And for too long, ninety nine percent of this city has been terrorized by one percent.
Speaker 5: Of the city.
Speaker 4: And the voices that you hear out there, those crazy communists, they have no roots, they have no connections to the city. They have no families they are raising this city. They have no one that they are sending to school in this city, they have no jobs in the city, they have no connections to this community at all. But they're the ones who've been advocating for the one percent, the criminals, the killers, the rapists, the dealers. And I'm glad they're here today because me, Pete and the Vice President are all gonna leave here and inspired by them, we're gonna add thousands more resources to this city to get the criminals and the gang members out of here. We're gonna disamandle those networks, and we're gonna prove that a city can serve for the law abiding citizens who live there. We are not gonna let the communists destroy a great American city, let alone the nation's capital. And let's just also adds another thing, all these demonstrators that you've seen out here in recent days, all of these elderly white hippies, they're not part of the city and never happen. And by the way, most of the citizens who live in Washington, d C. Are black. This is not a city that has had any safety for its black citizens for generations. And President Trump is the one who is fixing that with the support in the Metropolitan Police Department to support the National Guard and our federal law enforcement officers.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Ignore these stupid white hips that all need to go home and take a nap because they're all over ninety years old, and we're going to get back to the business of protecting the American people and the citizens of Washington disiasm.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steven, A few questions. I absolutely love this. I love that someone finally called them on their bullshit because it's so true. You know, there are protests all around where I live because I live in kind of a purple area, and the most recent protest, my husband and I noted that that every single person in this damn protest had to be sixty five plus. I'm like, did they just go to every fifty five and over living community and say, hey, you want to make a hundred bucks for the day, hold this sign and yell stupid things. They were like, all right, I wasn't doing anything anyway. I mean, it is the most bizarre thing in the world. And they're really toxic. They're nasty, they're mean. I don't know. I don't actually know if they're all like triggered, if they if they're giving them some sort of medicine before they go out and they protest, that's like, you know, here's your extra mean pill. I mean, they're just so nasty. They get in the way and they're screaming. They're screaming at anybody that they can. They're mad at everybody, and there's no rhyme or reason to it whatsoever. I'm like, what are you doing here? Are you saying that you want more crime? Are you saying that you feel that this is wrong? They're not going in around and you know, the National Guard's not patrolling the street saying hey, what are you texting right now? You know this isn't like Big Brother nineteen eighty four McCarthyism. This is oh hey, uh, you five guys attacking a grandma trying to cross the street and take her purse from her, and she can't defend herself because you guys are all fourteen years old and your juvenile delinquents, because you probably have a bad home life, which is a whole other show in and of itself. That's the real issue. That's that's who they're going after. They're going after illegal immigrants, they're going after career criminals, and they're going after peopleople that are attacking those who cannot protect themselves. And the Metro Police Department of DC under Muriel Bowser has done a pretty terrible job. And now they got their police chief. I mean, you look at their police chief, you look at their you know, head of police, you look at their you know, internal organizers of the police department that are supposed to be you know the thing, I forget what it's called when they investigate one another. But it's like all of these people that are supposed to be corralling and supporting each other and the city are like one big DEI project. I'm like, where'd you guys come from? What did you do before you did this? Because you are really messing this up. And it's like, instead of swallowing your pride, and saying, you know, there's babies getting shot. I was talking about this today with a friend and we were looking at this little one year old that was shot. She's still in the hospital in a coma. She's a baby, a one year old little baby. Yes, she's black, she's a black little baby. Where are all the people there? Where's BLM? Now you don't care about her, she doesn't matter. You're not going to march in the street for that little soul and pray that she pulls through. Oh no, that doesn't work for the mantra. Right, we need a bunch of double white people standing around talking trash about a city they don't live in, an issue they don't care about, and just getting their pay to play for that moment. I mean, what a crock of shit. It's infuriating. So I thought I would get a few pieces of audio of people that actually live in DC. Every one of these people is black. Every one of these people is talking about how they live in the metro and they will express to you how they're feeling about what is happening. I think it's a good thing because, you know what I'm saying, it's better for the community and safer for the kids.
Speaker 4: Stop the violence.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, us and not slugs.
Speaker 6: I enjoy having extra security.
Speaker 5: I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you want to feel safe when you're out and about, especially females.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing because it actually reinforces the fact that America is secure, safe, stable.
Speaker 1: Elliot Rea says he supports the federal involvement.
Speaker 5: As a moderate. As a centrist, I think something needs to be done. I have three kids, I'm about to start teaching next week. I wanted to be saved.
Speaker 6: Do you not understand that this is what the residents want. I'm not talking about the bougie upper Echelon's bougie blacks. I'm talking about the everyday grandmas that have to deal with these homeless people peeing and pooping on their steps and then they have to clean it up. They don't feel safe when they walk into their neighborhood. The gangs and the drug the dope boys are just standing around the corner, you know, like, do you not understand this is what they want? I remember working with the community leader and somebody had just gotten shot. This is like five years ago, and I remember her praying and she said Crystal, We're gonna have to invoke the National Guard, And that was so foreign to me.
Speaker 2: Now I understand the shit. These people are helpless.
Speaker 6: And I'm not talking about the boo she black people that live in their gated communities with their new bills. I'm talking about the everyday grandmothers, and I'm so glad that President Trump cares about them.
Speaker 2: Isn't that funny to hear from people that actually live there, that are telling you, you know, I'm a moderate, I'm a centrist. You know, I'm just out and about trying to live my life. And they're being very, very honest about the fact that they're happy about what President Trump is doing. They're grateful that somebody finally took notice and said, instead of just saying we can do something and not actually being able to do something, how about we do something because we can. That's what the National Guard is for. The National Guard is to protect and guard our national treasures. What's more important than our people. That's what they're there for. We need them. We need them now more than ever, I'll tell you that much. And I think it's absolutely incredible that we were able to get to a spot where we could honestly and truthfully bring people in to protect those people who actually live in Washington, d C. And God bless Stephen Miller for calling it out like it is, because it is a load of shit to say that this is some sort of federal takeover and it's the oppression of the people. It's actually the exact opposite. And we need to find answers for all those homeless encampments, all those people that lived in those encampments. We need to find answers. We need to find facilities and resources to get those folks back back on their feet. We want to help them be productive members of society. We want to help them stop taking and leeching off of the government or turning to the absolute worst resort, which is living in the cold on the streets. It's cold in DC in the winter. That's what these people should be out there protesting about. Maybe stop holding your sign, get your hands dirty, go volunteer at a homeless shelter. To go volunteer and help these people out doing the cleanup. Get into the weeds. If you really want to know what's going on, go there and find out. You're screaming and crying about a bunch of nonsense, because the people that live there are grateful, So why don't you go back home, like this woman just said, to your bougie gated community and shut up. Do us all a favorite. Please? This has been the Roague Recap. I am Linda McLaughlin. Thank you as always for being here. Please follow us at Linda Mick at the Rogue Recap. Actually it's at Roague Recap. I keep saying that, but it's at Rogue Recap. We will be back tomorrow with more news. I think tomorrow I'm going to do an expose on our communist Congress people. We have so many of them, and most of them are from other countries. I don't even think they should be allowed to be in Congress. And I definitely don't think anybody should be in Congress that trashes America and says they love their home country more than they love America. So we'll do a whole show on that tomorrow. Stay safe, everybody, have a good night. We'll see then
Speaker 4: Astat AFT at