Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them.
Speaker 3: Be like Joshua or.
Speaker 2: The sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 4: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Tell you Sports Radio five nine two twenty two eighty seven, except we are not opening up the phones. We got nine more topics. I'm probably not gonna get to all. I'm gonna try it, but real quick, a couple things that aren't even on the list. I want to make sure I mentioned all right. Reds won twenty four to two yesterday they got twenty four to two left yes, twenty four. They were pitching just dudes off the street in the eighth and ninth innings.
Speaker 6: I'm serious. It was great.
Speaker 5: If you're bored, go look up the replay of the eighth and ninth inning. Baltimore pitches position players who do not care, and the Rents just hit home run after home run, batting practice. It was batting practice. And then that play, Ellie's play was amazing. Ye did you see that's the top ten, dude, Shanton. Was that one of the best plays you've ever seen?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean that is a single every time anywhere else unless the shortstops Elie de la Cruz.
Speaker 5: Ellie Summer of Ellie. We're eleven and eleven hanging in there doing our thing.
Speaker 3: There's a little movement that think they should move Ellie to center. But they do that. They don't get plays like you had.
Speaker 5: Last play was that play was unbelieve all right, one through nine, Drew, Let's go number one, number one. All right, this is gonna be a little convoluted, but let's go the amsterdamn trip.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, talk about it.
Speaker 5: All right. I'm gonna give you some thoughts on the Netherlands. I spent three weeks there. For those of you that consider this map the World Traveler segment number one thoughts on the Netherlands. First of all, there are bicycles everywhere. I mean everywhere. There are more bicycles in the Netherlands than there are people. They average one point five bikes a person. You're kidding, and they are everywhere. I want you to imagine what a city would be like with no cars and only bikes. And the bike people are the meanest people on earth. They will ride through you. They have this little bell. They all have the same bell. It's the equivalent of a horn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if I thought I nearly got hit forty five times. If you've ever been to the Netherlands, the bike that they have the right of way always so they don't care. And if you're in the way, get ready to get plowed over. I saw two people get hit, my goodness, and I nearly got hit like five times. The bike culture is crazy. There's nowhere else like it in the world. Everyone rides bikes. Everyone, old ladies, kids, people in suits, going to work.
Speaker 6: Everyone rides bicycles.
Speaker 7: Do you do any bike riding while you're there?
Speaker 6: Just one time?
Speaker 5: I just tried not to get run over. It is, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: The bikes.
Speaker 5: Second tulips, Shannon, I went to the tulip gars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Cook and.
Speaker 5: Off Gardens, best biggest collection of tulips in the world. Got there. Our group had had had two hours for the tulips. Twenty minutes of tulips.
Speaker 6: Amazing. Then I'm good, yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what are you gonna do for two hours?
Speaker 4: I mean, you see them there they are Okay, Now.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of them. There's a huge garden and you can walk through all of them. I gotta tell you, tulips are beautiful. Highly recommend the tulips. But after twenty minutes enough drew tulips a tulipm at some point, like I've seen them.
Speaker 7: So you just walked through them? Did you pick any tulips, buy any tulips.
Speaker 5: There's a guy in my group who's in the military that we've become good friends, and I just spent a lot of time talking to him about the military. I've learned more from him than anybody. But he and I were just walking through the tulips and one of the girls in our group took a picture and they were like, Matt and Kevin have a special moment in the tulips, because it looked like these two men just wandering through the tulips.
Speaker 7: I hope you too are holding tulips.
Speaker 5: The oh you were, But I tell you, if you like tulips, go to the Netherlands in April. There are tulips as far as the eye can see, and they are beautiful. But after twenty minutes, I'm good with the tulips.
Speaker 3: So is this the only time of year that they're in Boe like that?
Speaker 5: Like you did your time at If this is april's the time to go, Yeah, April's the time to go.
Speaker 6: Food.
Speaker 5: Don't go to the Netherlands for food. Yeah, Now, they do have some good ethnic food, Indonesian food. That's a lot of Indonesian people there. But the one thing they do have. They have the world's best French fries. They call them freatz and they take them and they put Manai on them, but not our kind of mayonnaise. It's like a spicy, not as creamy mayonnaise. And it's the best thing I've ever had. They were called fable Frets. It's like a TikTok thing. Yeah, And I went and stood in line, and you know, I mayn't tie lined, but they look so good. And they had like a spicy chipotle mayonnaise on the fries. If I eat there, I'd be three hundred and fifty pounds because I would eat those every day, Drew. If you go to Amsterdam, fable freits the fries, and there are knockoffs of it other places. Best thing I've had food in general the Netherlands, eh, but in terms of the fries, best fries you'll ever eat.
Speaker 7: So why of the friends get to clean them? Should they be Dutch Fries'll.
Speaker 6: Be Dutch fries all right.
Speaker 5: Other thing before I went, I was told it rains in the Netherlands every day in April.
Speaker 6: It's tulip season.
Speaker 5: That's part of why the tulip's coming here, right, I get to the Amsterdam, getting the hotel opened, I realize I forgot my raincoat. Okay, your bike, and I'm like, it's gonna rain every day, yeah, and I don't have a raincoat. So I decided, you know, Shannon Imota, spend a little money and get a nice raincoat for.
Speaker 8: Uncle Max, A nice one.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've been working hard, had a good year.
Speaker 5: Let's get a nice raincoat. I go to a store. I look up raincoats Amsterdam. It says the nicest raincoat you can get in Amsterdam. Is it a is a cond called rain coatuur Amsterdam?
Speaker 3: Oh sounds fancy.
Speaker 5: I look, it's right around the corner from where I'm stuck. Easy, go buy the coat. More than I wanted to spend on a coat. But you know what, Mario, I want to be fashionable. People in Netherlands dress very well, do they?
Speaker 6: I don't. This was a way to kind.
Speaker 2: Of know hoodies walking around Netherlands.
Speaker 5: I buy.
Speaker 6: A more than my price range normally raincoat because I'm there for three weeks. Didn't rain one day?
Speaker 8: No, really didn't rain here, though it'll rain here in Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Did you rain one day?
Speaker 5: My cab driver on the way to the airport goes to go home, was like, we've not had this little rain in April ever in the history of the country. I bought a raincoatuur Amsterdam raincoat. Drew didn't rain one day the entire time.
Speaker 7: KSR cursed the rain. They don't have tulips anymore. It didn't get any water while you were there. And the word curtur, doesn't that mean like fancy fashionable like I just it sounds high end, you say in the name of the place.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was park with the We don't need to I don't want people knowing what I paid for that raincoat. Just know if you see me in a raincoat, it's a heck of a raincoat.
Speaker 3: It's raining today in Lexington.
Speaker 6: It beads up like it's pretty impressible.
Speaker 5: Amsterdam most beautiful city, one of the three or four most beautiful.
Speaker 6: City's ever been to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had only spent time like where people like the Red Light District before this trip, where like you know, there's the prostitutes and the weed and all that, and I didn't it kind of that area kind of saddened me, to be honest, I didn't really like it.
Speaker 6: This time.
Speaker 5: I went out and stayed where the canals are and the nice best city. If you go to Europe and you're like, where can I go, highly recommend Ampsteam, But don't stay downtown where it's all weed everywhere. I mean, visit it just so you can say you've gone, but stay on the outer area of the canals. It was beautiful.
Speaker 6: Highly highly recommend.
Speaker 7: What makes us like is it the architecture, canals running through the town.
Speaker 6: It's it's clean.
Speaker 5: The buildings are old, they go back ever, they're all bunched together.
Speaker 6: The stores are nice.
Speaker 5: I mean, the canals are an amazing thing. Like Netherlands is below sea level, so in order to exist, they had to create this huge canal system. People live on the canals. They have boats on the canals and people live there. You've seen ted Lasso where the woman hooks up with the guy and he lives on the boat. We drove, we rowed by that boat. That's the like, that's the ted Lasso boat. Oh really, it's just it's just a beautiful city.
Speaker 6: Second.
Speaker 5: Next, I told this story on Instagram, but I want to tell it here. Shannon, I went, I decided to go to the Alkmar fian oord soccer game.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I went.
Speaker 5: I went to Alkmore, Alkmore whatever. It's about forty minutes north of Amsterdam. Take a train up there. I'm like, this is gonna be great. Two teams fans get into it, go to buy a ticket from the woman at the front. She says to me, you cannot buy a ticket unless you have a team card. And I said, well, what's a team card? And she goes, it's a way that we make sure the people that come are fans of Alkmore. And I said, don't worry. I bought a hoodie. I'm all in on Altmar or whatever. I said, I'll buy a card. How much is a card? She said ten dollars. I said, I got the ten dollars. She said, all, I don't need an address. I said, Louisville, Kentucky. Said can't sell it to you. Why because that's not an Alkmar home territory.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: And I but it's also not a fine word territory. True, we're neutral, I said, listen. I came all the way up here. I took a train. I'm from America. Worked for ESPN. I name dropped ESPN on the trip. Worked for ESPN. Can you let me in? She said, let me ask my supervisor. So she walks, gets her supervisor. Supervisor looks at me and says, how do I know you're not a fine Word fan? I had bought an Alkmar hoodie, by the way, and I said, to be honest with you, ma'am, I don't even know where fine word is on a map. And this woman looks at me and goes, that's exactly what a fine word fan would say. No, no, they would not sell me the ticket.
Speaker 8: No, ban their fan base, you know.
Speaker 5: But Simon says, that's exactly what a fine RD family say. And I didn't get to go. I went all the way up to this town. No, they did not let me in. So I walked back. And then as I walked back, the Ultras, which are the fan bases of the two, they were marching and like in like I could see why people were nervous because these are people who clearly fight. But I bought a hoodie, didn't let me in.
Speaker 7: I think you should be a fine Ord fan now since they wouldn't let you in. Yeah, so can we do this? Can we do this for Tennessee and Louisville games? In Lexington, No, we wad this.
Speaker 5: They do that, so that's so they wouldn't let me in. Next went to the Anne Frank House. In all seriousness, one of the most powerful things I've been to. If you get a chance to go, you should go. Not only did they tell you the history of I mean, it's hard to fathom what happened in Amsterdam during World War two. I mean there were I think they said when World War two started there were like three hundred thousand Jews in the Netherlands, and by the end of the war there was forty thousand. Wow, they killed two hundred and sixty thousand people just in amscream that's wild. Yeah, And they take you in this house and you see where Anne Frank and her family hid for two years in an attic. Eight people living in an attics for two years. It was really powerful to me to read. And here's the thing that I didn't know about the Anne Frank story. They got finally got found after two years of hiding, and they were on the last train to Auschwitz before the Soviets.
Speaker 6: Came in and liberated.
Speaker 5: Really, if they had made six more days they survived. Wow, Wow, that's pretty crazy powerful.
Speaker 6: It is powerful.
Speaker 5: So if you go there, highly recommend that Next April twenty seventh is something called King's Day.
Speaker 6: It's they are equivalent of the Fourth of July.
Speaker 5: When you get home tonight, get on your little TikTok, look up King's Day and look what it looks like. If you think we're into the fourth of July, go look at what they do. Yeah, they shut the city down, and Shannon, it's like the perche Everything.
Speaker 6: Is legal for one day.
Speaker 5: You can't murder people and you can't steal, but you can sell anything you want. You can do whatever you want in the city as long as you don't hurt somebody. And for a day the place goes. Why go look at the videos. It's the canals just have continuous boat parades and you can just jump on and off other people's boats.
Speaker 6: It's kind of the thought. All the boats are free for all clothing. They're naked like it's wild.
Speaker 5: They're all wearing orange because that's like the country celebration colors.
Speaker 6: Go look at the videos. If I didn't like you people, I would have stayed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I said to the guy, I'm like, how do you are you allowed on anybody's boat? He was like, nobody even knows whose boats who no rules.
Speaker 6: No rules for one day, one day they make it.
Speaker 5: It's called King's Day because the kings allow for one day do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Sorrobare you didn't extend your vacation a week just to stay up there, just to witness all of it?
Speaker 7: Can you imagine what we need a king's day?
Speaker 5: We might need a King's day sounds wild though, people just drunk and roaming around.
Speaker 6: To its wild.
Speaker 5: Last thing, Dutch people very good looking, like very good looking? Huh women, beautiful men, handsome. They also averaged three and a half inches taller than anywhere else in Europe. Billy Now you'd say, well, why does that happen? So I looked it up. Would you like to know why Dutch people are three and a half I would like to know this. The ground is below sea level, so the ground is very wet, which causes the grass to grow with lots of nutrients, et cetera. Cows flourish there, and it's a great place for like products for like growing you know, not hard.
Speaker 6: What do you use for cows? Beef? I know that, but not growing cows? What are you talking about farming.
Speaker 7: Just cows, cattle farming.
Speaker 6: Cattle farming.
Speaker 5: They produce like all the beef for Europe, but the cows get very fat because the nutrients produce a lot of milk. Dutch people drink insane as amounts of milk and over time it's led them to be three inches inches taller than everywhere else because of the milk and the cows. Did they know that a milk hater walking amongst them while you're then walk around and say, you people are gross for drinking all this milk. But there is milk everywhere, Like you can like walk down the street and a place where you can get like tea and coffee, you can also get a glass of milk, which is gross, but people do it and they end up three inches taller and better looking.
Speaker 6: Because of that.
Speaker 3: Better cows, taller people.
Speaker 6: Yes, so there you go. That is my Matt Jones guide to the note.
Speaker 5: I feel like we just took a trip around the Netherlands and a little educational segment there.
Speaker 2: Did you get any free time when you were up there to do your own touristy stuff?
Speaker 6: Five free times there? My conference was for a week.
Speaker 5: The rest of the week and a half was me traveling around and doing stuff seeing you know, catching the scene.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna talk about your darts experience?
Speaker 6: I will, that's on this list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess the right number. You got to guess the right night number. We'll take a break, be right back to KSR.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: April twenty seventh is the day, so Sunday. And by the way, they're doing it for two days this week Saturday, and you're just like, why not?
Speaker 3: Why not's weekend?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 5: Let's court physical therapy this segment sponsor by Court. If you have hurt yourself, I hurt myself there by the way, fell down, not good, shin into a step so I was limping around a lot. Court physical therapy can make you feel better. Take the pain away. It's kort dot com. Most insurance accepted seventy locations. There is no reason to have pain. Go get your physical therapy. Taking care of it Court dot com. That's ko RT dot com one through eight, Mario four four one two three four, you hit it darts.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: I just want to tell you people something. If you don't listen to anything else about me from this show, there is nothing that I've been to that was more of a spectacle than the Premier League of Darts. So Shannon Darts seems like the dorkiest thing in the world, right, people throwing darts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I'll do it if I'm at the bar, you know.
Speaker 5: But they have something in England called the Premier League of Darts. You may have seen it on television, the guy the They have an announcer, a big crowd, they're cheerleaders, they're fireworks, and I've seen.
Speaker 6: It before and I thought, who goes to this?
Speaker 5: Then I was in Rotterdamn and I looked and I saw the Premier League of Darts are here tonight. They'd come to rotterdam You gotta go. I look up on line Drew Media contact Matt Jones. Yes, ESPN Radio. I got credentialed, credentialed for darts. I go to the arena, fifteen thousand seed arena.
Speaker 8: Packed, Wow, packed.
Speaker 5: Everyone dressed up like it's Halloween. They dress up in costumes. People dress as bananas, as dart boards, as Donald Trump, as Austin Powers and people Shannon just getting hammered.
Speaker 6: It's just an excuse.
Speaker 5: It's ninety five percent dudes, and it's like, let's just go out with our boys and go crazy. And they do, and they do like rock and roll introductions. Okay, they bring them out. They each have theme songs. Oh wow, one guy comes out to mister Brightside, you know that, coming out the must and the whole crowd is singing it. They have chance. It is a spectacle. It is one of the wildest things I've ever seen. People dancing, screaming. I guess you know you throw three darts at a time, right, what's the most you can get.
Speaker 6: Here's a little trick. What's the most you can get in? Around? Right?
Speaker 3: And around?
Speaker 6: Think about think about a dart bard. What's the most you could get in one round?
Speaker 3: Can you get three bulls eyes? Of that fifty? You get one hundred and.
Speaker 8: Fifty that you can get You can get those triple.
Speaker 5: Triple twenty, Yeah, which is sixty, which is three time sixty hundred and eighty. When they get that, When someone gets one eighty, you would think people have won the super Bowl. They scream one and people dance and they throw beer up in the air. It's wild.
Speaker 3: It's the wildest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: And it was fun.
Speaker 5: But I was by myself. I thought, if you came with your friends to this. This could be the most fun. Take the SEC tournament, but don't be nervous about Kentucky losing because while people have their favorites, they don't even really care if they win or not. They're there for the spect. So there's a Dutch guy in it, which is why they were there. People were cheering for him crazy and then he lost and the guy that beat him when his theme saw him played, they all just sang his theme song.
Speaker 8: Picks up a new guard.
Speaker 5: It would be like us losing to Tennessee and then we all seen Rocky tok. Yeah, that's what they do, Drew, I was.
Speaker 6: Thinking about it.
Speaker 5: I cannot think of an event that you would have more fun at than darts.
Speaker 6: I mean it.
Speaker 5: I became friends with the guy that runs it. He's invited me to the show and they're coming to matt They've sold out Madison Square Guarden, nor road Trip Shenon. They've sold out Madison Square Garden, sold out Madison Square Guarden.
Speaker 6: And he invited me, said he'll give us press credentials.
Speaker 8: So I'm going.
Speaker 7: I'm in. The First thing was you this morning? I haven't seen you two and a half weeks. I was like, I got to hear about the darts. That looks awesome.
Speaker 5: So June twenty sixth and twenty seventh, Madison Square Garden. We have press credentials, We're invited.
Speaker 6: I'm going. I'll go. I don't know about y'oll, but I'm going New York.
Speaker 7: You don't have to twist mar.
Speaker 2: All your pictures in your video. That's what most people want to hear you talk about.
Speaker 3: Was the dart thing. The guy wearing the dart board like on his head like a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they wear costumes, they dress up as dart boards, they dress up as darts, they wear costumes that are not safe for work. And it's just like a bunch of the way I would describe it as a bunch of blokes going inside. To me, it looks like the guy the pros are the same people you'd go see just at your local bar. Like, it's not like you're looking at some prime athletes here.
Speaker 7: It looks like a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 6: They're all The thing is, all of.
Speaker 5: Them are dorks, but they're being treated as rock stuff sure, and so they eat it up. There was a guy named like Michael van Huran and There's an eighteen year old that's tastes the Tiger Woods of darts. His name's like Luke something it was. You know, part of why I like to travel is just to experience other things. I have not experienced anything in America outside of like a college football crazy home environment that was anything like when I went to the European Soccer Championships, it was wild, but this.
Speaker 6: Might have been wilder for darts.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to going on June twenty six. You need to look up Shannon to play. In the next segment, there's a clip of these two guys, these two announcers calling what's supposed to be like the greatest darts moment. It's like a minute see if you can find it, and you'll see what I'm talking about because you can hear the.
Speaker 6: Crowd in the back.
Speaker 7: How good are they?
Speaker 5: Like how often do you see a one eighty or you know they are amazing. You know, to win, you have to get double on the last right. So if you have like twenty four, you have to hit a double twelve.
Speaker 6: They just are like they go to five oh one and if you blink it's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's best six out of eleven and it just it just goes crazy fast.
Speaker 3: But fast action is like a big party environment.
Speaker 6: Anyway, and everybody's partying and singing.
Speaker 4: That's one thing the other countries do so much better than us, like events like that.
Speaker 8: They make it so much more fun than we do.
Speaker 5: He it was a spectacle. It was a spectacle at like the best sense of the work. We'll take a break right back, kisr TJ.
Speaker 7: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 8: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: Welcome back. I like this song.
Speaker 5: Shannon gets me excited, even whether it's in the context of darts or something else.
Speaker 8: We just added it to the set list.
Speaker 6: Yes, you did it. You're good.
Speaker 8: No, thank you.
Speaker 6: It's got to be hard on your voice though, isn't it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a tough one to open up with.
Speaker 5: But yes, you started with it. You were like, I'm we're coming out of coming out of the swinging.
Speaker 6: That's right. Do you have that thing actually playing? All right? So this is just I just want you to hear them. The noise.
Speaker 5: This is like them calling. This is apparently like the best round of darts ever. But here was the call of it.
Speaker 8: I never say the like, come on Stuper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. I can't spike. That's what it's like.
Speaker 3: You can hear the crowd just go buckers on every throw.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely wild. All right, one through seven, Right, let's go number three, number three, Lee Corso he's going to retire. Huh, do one more game? I like that, you too, Give me flowers, give me his flowers. Got to see you know, he's ninety years old, ninety been doing it for thirty six years. Pretty amazing. They've been showing all of his clips, so many great clips. Right where he calls the kid a midget, you know, the one where he cusses.
Speaker 7: I think that's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Like that, we just goes ah blanket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but firing the guns, firing the guns.
Speaker 6: With the kickback and all that.
Speaker 5: The live animals, the gator, the South Carolina game cock, the dog telling the Georgia bulldog.
Speaker 6: He's ugly.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, he's struggled in the last few years because of his stroke, but it that part of game day will never be the same, right like that? Like that he like Dick Vital, like John Madden, Charles Barkley like he he made the personality of the sport, and I'm gonna cry on his last one, I am. I think it's gonna be really sad because he's been such a huge part of everything.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt Herstree he'd probably cried because he's kind of helped leek Horse's last.
Speaker 5: Their relationship is like the most beautiful thing. Yeah, like literally, their relationship is one of the most beautiful things in sports to watch the way Herbstreet takes care of him. Yes, I just think it's great.
Speaker 2: It is gonna be a sad moment. I'm glad though, he's gonna do one more game, just so he can get his flowers on.
Speaker 6: So which would you do? They have two places they can go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know who they were going.
Speaker 5: The first time he ever put a head on was in Columbus, Ohio. Okay, Ohio State plays a big game that day, so they could do it there. Yeah, but he went to Florida State. That's where he played football. So if you're doing your final one, they have a home game too, they play Alabama. They play Alabama, So Alabama is at Florida State. But Ohio State has somebody good coming to two big games. Which one would you send him to if you were the ESPN producers.
Speaker 2: I'm sending to Florida State. That's his home, that's where he played. Like if you were doing one, we'd send you to Trancy and send me to Kentucky Westland.
Speaker 6: I think a Trancy for the final game day.
Speaker 5: I don't think that would be I don't know if it would be the greatest atmosphere in the world.
Speaker 3: I love Trancy, but I pick at Florida State.
Speaker 7: I lean Florida State, but you can't go wrong with either one. I think it's Texas out Ohio State off the Herb Street connection with Ohio State too. Not that it's about him, but I mean they have two excellent choices. I'd lean letting him be the seminal one last time.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know he'll he'll cry, and if he's there at Florida State, all these old buddies that are still aliveble.
Speaker 5: I kind of think you go to Ohio State, though, because the first hand he put on was the Buckeye, and he can do it again.
Speaker 4: I think they should just let him choose. It's his last one where do you want to go out?
Speaker 6: Where do you want to go?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they probably might, they might do that.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna thickly.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge Corso guy, and uh, it's gonna be sad to see him go. It's you know, Saban and McAfee have done a pretty good job of kind of transitioning into the next era, but it's never going to.
Speaker 6: Be the same rights as it was with Corso.
Speaker 3: Just that element he brought.
Speaker 2: You know, what made College Game Day special was what he was going to do at the end, what mascot he was going to put the head on.
Speaker 5: And I'll say this, I like College Game Day. I don't watch the whole thing. It's like six hours long it is, but I always would make sure, huh at eleven fifty five to turn that on and see what he was gonna do. Like that was the one thing you had to see. You had to see what Corso would do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've done a great job and since the last season, Adon Saban, who was surprisingly awesome at it, and even McAfee I don't care for usually, but he's good on there.
Speaker 5: But they're they're losing its soul with Corso going out. It won't be the same without him. All right, one through six?
Speaker 3: Right, let's go five.
Speaker 6: Five.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you saw this, but last night at the WrestleMania Stone Cold Steve Austin hit a woman in the crowd with an ATV. Yes, so he was gonna come out and do his thing. And he's on an ATV, right, And I noticed Shannon when he was driving around.
Speaker 6: He was driving really fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like he I was like, dude, I hope you have control of your rig. He was driving fast, and he was all right, I want you to picture ry. And he's circling around the ring in his ATV. Gotcha all right, And all of a sudden, I guess he hits the gas and he tries to turn and it doesn't turn, and he just slams into the barrier. Wow, and a woman falls back. Now she's behind the barrier, but she falls back.
Speaker 8: She took a bump.
Speaker 5: She took a bump, but also like she it was almost like in slow motion, and she falls like it's almost like she realized, wait a minute, I've just been hit by Stone Cold ATV.
Speaker 6: Fall down.
Speaker 5: She falls down, and then she gets up and she's yelling at him. And he's clearly can tell I've screwed up. So he tries to talk to her and she's not having it. You can tell, all right. Fast forward, he does his little promo in the ring when he comes out at the end, the president of WWE, Nick Kahan, who used to be the head of the agency, that I have an agent. He is talking to her in the crap clearly being like, Shannon, don't sue us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: And Steve Austin comes over and tries to talk to her and she's not having it. And Shannon, there's a lawsuit coming. Oh yeah, yeah, there's a lawsuit coming.
Speaker 8: I think there is.
Speaker 4: I think our guy had a few too many Steve Wiser's before he came out there. Did you notice, by the way, why it took a long time, Like his music was playing and playing and playing, and like where stone Cold?
Speaker 8: Have you seen the fan video? No, he missed the ramp coming in.
Speaker 4: He went right by the ramp and into the side of like the stage, and they know they had he had to put it in reverse and there was like three or four guys of security pulling the ATV back, going no, here's the ramp go up there.
Speaker 8: To go to the stage.
Speaker 9: I think he was drawn. Yeah, and he hit that barrier hard. Yeah, Drew, did you see it? Oh yeah, it's all over the internet. What I saw was just a woman that paid probably ten thousand to sit there and get about two to three million for taking that fall.
Speaker 6: So she's gonna sue, isn't she That she appeared to be injured at all?
Speaker 7: She co sold it a little better. I would stay down.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She felt like it was it was like it it hit and then she was like, oh, here's my moment.
Speaker 8: Here's by rustle Mania moment.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: And the fact that the president was there to her said to me that they thought we need to take care of this. And Austin came over to her twice, clearly trying to apologize, but she was not having it. That is going to be a lawsuit, it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like the guys on each side of her. I'm just gonn assume one's a husband or who she's with. They just keep cheering and don't put their beer down. They'd like watch her fall. They loved every minute of it.
Speaker 6: They worked her on the ground.
Speaker 7: They didn't have the forward thinking to know, oh, this, this could be a big payday here, she was on it.
Speaker 6: They left her on the ground. So one through five, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Let's go seven.
Speaker 6: This time.
Speaker 3: Always hit went through five.
Speaker 5: This is what?
Speaker 6: This is what I had last week? Why, this is why I want to say in Amsterdam, I did? This is what?
Speaker 5: This is why she just stayed one through five seven? Let's go three, one through five, seven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was close. I was not pade a lig of attention. What you even said?
Speaker 7: You missed last week? He just he zoned out while Colin was talking and the car had made their point, and we we're like, why'd you cut him off? That was interesting that I didn't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I zoned out.
Speaker 3: He was talking about taxes and taxes.
Speaker 2: These athletes had been playing in different states, and he went on and on, like, but you can.
Speaker 6: That's why you say I appreciate the car.
Speaker 3: I did. I did. I appreciate his call. Enough was enough?
Speaker 6: I think you let people go a little.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: Why I tried.
Speaker 2: I've actually tried to get better than that, because you're really good at it. You know that point boo, time to move. Why don't you just tell people I did?
Speaker 6: This guy? He was also need to listen to what he said.
Speaker 2: I totally my Adhdi in He's talking about taxes and state laws and like.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's enough. Let's go ahead.
Speaker 6: One through five, seven.
Speaker 7: Gotta work on your sevens.
Speaker 6: You know what, Just we'll do it later. Tell me about Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: You know there's one thing I do know about and it's Stockton Mortgage because they're the best loan originator in the entire world. If you don't believe it, just asked me, I'll tell you about it. Stockton Mortgage. Uh, they've helped a lot of people I've worked with get to the closing table. That's what's all about. So whether you do little can do maybe build a home, or buy a home, or do a cash out refinance, they can do everything for that. It's one stop shopping and you work with a Samlin officer throughout the process. So go to their website stocking dot com. There's a button there called get Started. You fill out the loan application. It's easy to do, and then you're on your way to home ownership. Stocktor Mortgage NMLS A two five nine equals in Linden.
Speaker 6: I just saw the video of him missing the ramp.
Speaker 8: That's what it took them so long to get up there. He went right by.
Speaker 4: They had to toll the bards a point like Steve, right there, there's the ramp that.
Speaker 5: Might have been when they should have said, Steve, let's take this one off.
Speaker 6: We'll take a right me right back KSR. Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is Kentucky Sports Radio, final segment. Fun show, being back with you all.
Speaker 3: It's kind of flown by the show hearing all your stories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope, I hope everybody's enjoyed it. Send me a text on the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four even after the show, just to get back in the flow of things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: We have a new opportunity here with a new advertiser, Commonwealth Focus. So, uh, would you like to own part of a Kentucky Derby winner? Absolutely well, this team from Join Commonwealth they owned twenty twenty three winner Magee. You can you can get a piece of elite race horses at just fifty dollars a share, so you can be like part of a group that owns racehorses. I am doing this. I'm now part of the Join Commonwealth group and we're gonna have a ks heart or our horse which we're gonna unbail this week, which might be running either on Oaks or Derby. Really yes, but you can do this at home. You have a chance to be part of the investors for as little as fifty dollars a return. You can go to the races, may even get be part of celebrations if you win, if you're in a.
Speaker 3: Place winter circle.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know about that, but you maybe I don't know.
Speaker 5: But you have a chance to learn more at Join Commonwealth dot com. Use my code KSR, and when you use your co KSR, you'll be entered to win money that you can also use towards the investment. Joincommonwealth dot com. The code is KSR. Go read about it. It's a very cool thing. If you've always liked you like horse racing, you've always wanted to be involved, but you don't have.
Speaker 6: The money to buy like the whole horse. You can get like the knee.
Speaker 8: They don't do an important part.
Speaker 6: They don't do it.
Speaker 8: Can't run without the knee.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Maybe you get like part of the tail, oh, the main, the main I don't know what that is, but okay, Join Commonwealth dot com CODEKSR go.
Speaker 6: Look at the site they've got. It's very cool.
Speaker 5: It's not an offer for solicitation or invest The security is not registered with the SEC or state authorities and are being offered under reg c F exemption from registration review all materials at joincommonwealth dot Com. Tomorrow we are at Chaos Bar.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: Wednesday, we are at Chaos Bar. Right Friday, we are at CHAOSO. Thursday, We're gonna be out somewhere with Brandon Garrison, so we won't be at the bar, but if you want to come see us, I'd love to see you Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
Speaker 7: For Garrison.
Speaker 5: Can we get Ryan to wear an Oklahoma T shirt? Just to see how he reacts, get that energy? See, I mean we've never had him on thing. Would be fun to have him on. We're gonna over the course of the off season have all the returning players on at some point, but we're gonna start with.
Speaker 7: Winn Garrison g BG BG time on Thursday.
Speaker 5: All right, So the one you picked when you picked seven while I was gone, I want to give a shout out to this dude, So I get a screen shot, and the people in my fellowship really like this. There was a farmer from KENTI, a soybean farmer that was asked on CNN to talk about like Trump's tariffs. He was a Trump supporter, but he's not happy about the tariffs because it's hurting soybean farmers. Look, if you want to argue about that, don't do it with me. But he was on TV right and he's being interviewed on CNN. He's got a UK thing in the background and he's being interviewed, and then right beside him is a signed picture of all of KSR or cartoon. Yes, can I tell you how cool I thought that was. This man goes on CNN Shannon to talk and right next to him is a signed photo of KSR.
Speaker 8: How cool is that?
Speaker 5: It was very cool. So I don't know who that guy is. But whoever you are, salute sir. If I meet you, I got your I got your lunch at ksbar, if you come sometime. For being a good for being a farmer but also a supporter of KSR. Man gets national coverage, makes sure to have our cartoon there. Yeah, I think by the way it was turned. He made a point to have it caught in the show for here. So thank you for doing that.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Whoever you are, I don't know who you are or where you live, but thank you very much. You're probably listening right now, So shout out to that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Drew's right. The product placement was on point.
Speaker 2: He was right there where you knew it was gonna be on camera, turned enough where the camera was gonna pick it up. It's one of those Yeah, we've all signed it. We've probably met this guy at his show at one point.
Speaker 5: That's right one through four. Uh, let's go number one seventeen. Uh, well, we didn't get talked about the final four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a champions that you left.
Speaker 6: Have a champion. I wasn't here. I'm just glad Duke lost.
Speaker 3: Did you get to see any of the games?
Speaker 6: None of them. They were all in the middle of that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't. I didn't get see any of them. I saw the highlights of Duke blowing it. I only scored one basket in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 6: Totally choked. Are you cool with Florida being the winner?
Speaker 7: I mean I was really just anybody but Duke. I would have preferred Houston over Florida. Florida and Auburn kind of a toss up, but I guess it's fine. I'm not someone that's like, yeah, SEC, go SEC. But they're they're harmless compared to being an option.
Speaker 5: I was pulling for Houston because that they were completely harmless. Florida's in conference, but by the end of the year, I thought they were better than probably anybody, and we beat them, so I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: And they came from behind. They're like our comeback cats in ninety eight. They came from behind in the lead eight game, the final four game, the championship game.
Speaker 3: I mean they they earned it. They earned the right to be the champion.
Speaker 5: Walter Clayton junior outstanding, good heck of a player, and he did.
Speaker 3: He become a pro. I mean he's a pro now.
Speaker 5: I think he'll probably get picked the end of the first round or something. I mean, he's not like Mario's got Bronnie. By the way, can I just tell you, Shannon how ridiculous Mario.
Speaker 6: Is with Bronny.
Speaker 5: He loves like, you know, how to help the kids, will things say things like get you a man who blah blah blah, yeah, get you a man that loves you as much as Mario loves Braun Like Mario picked me up the airport. He brought up Bronnie within like.
Speaker 6: Forty five.
Speaker 5: And the brownie sticker on his back windshield. You know that gives you away. I'm like, hey, Mario, how you mean? He's like, hey, man, how's your trip? You like the Netherlands Brownie place tonight? It's like, come on, man, really, that's what we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna talk about. But but yes, I was Glad Duke loss that was the key. Yeah.
Speaker 7: On Florida. I really like Denzel Aberdeen.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 7: That's it name potentially one.
Speaker 6: So do we think we're gonna get him?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It kind of came out of nowhere, and you think that's a guy that we want to go start. I don't know if there's a starting role here, but that is a Florida name that has popped up. You could have national championship experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need one shooter. Yeah, whether it's him or Raylan Griffin, the guy from Justified.
Speaker 7: Justified. Yeah, boy Crowder is also in the portal. I like the the Overseas guy Dame time where they put out a graphic that said he's considering Kentucky College. So we're like, whatever, call whatever we Wantuy College. Is that what they said, Yeah, Kentucky, Sure, we'll be Kentucky College.
Speaker 6: A lot of people don't like the portal.
Speaker 5: I think the portal is tough for football because again I don't know who's on the roster.
Speaker 6: But for basketball, I kind of like it.
Speaker 9: Drew.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like the Billy Gillespie days when you just hear that we were recruiting a kid who was like posing in a bouquet of roses.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: They're like, Okay, now we're interested in a guy from you know, Turksteam.
Speaker 6: I kind of like the randomness too.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of our fans aren't built for it. They're not They need to get some fresh air. But it keeps the college basketball season going. Otherwise we wouldn't have a lot to be talking about right now. But it's just constant news flow, and it's you know, working for KSR that helps give us more to talk about and write about.
Speaker 6: A lot of our fans.
Speaker 5: Aren't built for it because they don't realize that other teams are missing on people too. It's just you don't follow them, right, I mean people like Mark Pope's missed on five guys, so with everybody has Duke signed one person yet, but like you don't follow them. So it feels like a bigger deal to you because you followed the Kentucky fault.
Speaker 7: And a lot of times they'll overreact to a player that they did not know existed on planet Earth.
Speaker 5: Two weeks ago, this kid in sam Houston State, I mean, look, I'd love to have him, but you know, Dan Dockets actually had something good to say. He was like people keep saying, Lamar Wilkerson's gonna turn Indiana around. He didn't turn sam Houston around. They went thirteen and nineteen last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do seem to pay more attention to the ones we miss on than the ones we've got.
Speaker 6: We got some, you know, Wul that'd be partially your fault.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't think so good.
Speaker 6: Do you have any more locks? Anymore scoops?
Speaker 3: Not today? Maybe by by tomorrow? Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 5: I just said, yeah, don't give any more scoops, because if you give a scoop, that means we're not going to get the kid, and you're gonna just have jink steak. Hey, thank you all, We'll see you tomorrowt chs bar. A lot of fun today. This is being execky Sports Radio