Speaker 1: Gangs, the chronic goals. This is not your average shows. You're now tuned into the rail Stell.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the purple micae on your front screen. Subscribed Against the Chronicles and leave a five star rating and comment what's adding? What's adding? What's adding? Is your boy big still along with? And you know what, man, we got some very important people in here tonight.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: You know I was asking you early if your boy rich because I know he like all the super duper messy ship man. We got the homeboy man, Tristan Physic is up in here tonight, man, Steve Love. So it's just money man, just chilling, so twisting you down there in New Orleans shooting some stuff.
Speaker 4: Right now, Yes, sir, actually band rouge, but yeah, I'm in Louisiana right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We said, man, you stay working. You gotta be the most work working actor in the whole motherfuckering United States.
Speaker 1: Dog h shit, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: It's a couple of us, man, we are here in the ground for shure man trying to trying to get it out the mud as they say.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a blessing man and me being from the Midwest, Man, I think it's an incredible job man, that everybody is doing down there. Man, just really just taking over the just independent movie game. Thank you, brother. I appreciate that when you first started going to your journey man, that you think it'd be a big Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did. I most definitely thought. I can't I be.
Speaker 4: I would be remiss or a lie to say if I didn't think it would be this big. I'm just waiting for for uh my dreams to catch up to reality because my mind is it was as much bigger. But I just know it takes time and it don't happen when when you wanted to, What happen when it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real. That's real, man. And your characters, Man, are always somebody like real, memorable man like I ain't gonna front Man. You play the most fucked up niggas work man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you, Man, But playing the most fucked up nigga, as you say, it gives you more, uh more nuances to play with as an actor as opposed to being somebody that's square or that's just you know what I'm saying, that they don't have there's no there's no real art to them. But with a a person that's that's a villain, you get, you get to put you get, you get so much of a variety of variety, of of of range that you can play with this person, you know what I'm saying, And you don't have I'm not saying that this person don't have no morality, but the morale his the reason why he do things is you know what I'm saying, it might be a little bit off kilter as a normal person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's real. Man. Let me ask you this man, has it ever been a character so messed up that she was like, No, I don't know if I want a fool with this?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, Steve Ball, just having played some ship that I was, I was like, man, I don't know, man. But honestly, man, a lot of even though you know these characters be fucked up, I think these characters stories be told because it's somebody out here that's really that person in life, and it could be a cautionary tale for somebody else.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So even though these people are fucked up.
Speaker 4: Individuals, there's really somebody out here like that, you know what I'm saying. And me as an actor, I gotta figure out why I need to tell this story through this character, and I can't judge the character at the same time, you know what I'm saying, because you know, in a real world, we are not perfect, you know what I'm saying. So I love not playing these people that that that are flawed people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real, that's real, Steve, O, that's Sam. You always playing a fucked up ass character too, man, A crooked ass police officer some other those shit man. And what's crazy is y'all your personality ain't nothing like it is on movie?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: If y'all ever noticed, man that usually the people who play the fucked up characters in the movies is really the nicest people in real life.
Speaker 5: They said about all.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, Steve. What was the first movie you shot down? There?
Speaker 5: N trust nobody in probably one.
Speaker 2: Trust nobody, probably one. So you kind of just hit it right off the rip.
Speaker 3: Then that's the I meetrician like that.
Speaker 6: So where where do you get the inspiration for coming up with these these stories, these movies.
Speaker 5: Well, trust nobody probably want to tell you truth.
Speaker 3: Man, I was doing a little time right years couple months, and I said, if I started and this motherfuckering myself a longer time to me started writing. So I was writing a movie, a lot of the based off real life. I ain't gonna say what part it was not now. So I was really right, you know, to keep myself from getting more trouble. And then now when I finish it, I made the golden myself say when I get out, I'm gonna shoot this. So every time I did a little town here and there, I did something and be like, i'll get out if I'm gonna come back, I'm gonna do something like for myself. You know what I'm saying, I'm better than what I am. I ain't gonna be in here, and I know a person like I am there. Every time I get out, I make a gold At one time with the jail, I seen a Z in the magazine with a big ring.
Speaker 5: I got out just to make that ring and never wear. So I put throwing myself all the time.
Speaker 3: But I was sitting there right, Trust nobody, it was about five pages Man Handwrich movie.
Speaker 5: I'm I was gonna do it.
Speaker 3: The crazy part about it is, you know I did it twenty years before, shot to.
Speaker 5: About almost twenty years and shot the movie when I wrote it twenty years before I shot it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man. So how long do it typically make you? Like, how long do it typically take to put a movie together, like a script and all that from script to shooting and all the other stuff.
Speaker 3: For me, it just takes depends on what I'm writing, Like, uh, y, I can write something like thirty forty days.
Speaker 5: I think something might take you three or four months.
Speaker 3: Uh shorts every shot of movie by than four days, which unfair exchange it came out grade.
Speaker 5: And but most people do it like ten days, the ten days mark. Yet it's just.
Speaker 1: Gonna bey on me.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's about I tear fifteen days. You want a real good silid movie with some real good solid to make it right, I would say do least ten days, yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure. And with the stuff on to be man, they really too be seemed like it really don't resonate it like with the black community.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I think that's for a couple of reasons. First of all to be always got the bad two B movies as they call them. They always got the baddest bras in them, right, they always got the baddest women in them and everything and Tris And I gotta ask you this, bro, you can't be married doog.
Speaker 1: Hey? Man?
Speaker 4: We look man, just know that. Man, Man, I got somebody that's very understanding. Man, you know what I'm saying. And you know they understand it is what it is, is the job at the end of the day. Should I come home and you know that's you know, you know understand.
Speaker 2: I don't know if my old lady will be going for that. Man. Looks like you all be getting it in on the movies.
Speaker 6: Man, Oh yeah, you working, You would not be fucking around, You would not be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your wife is not happening. My wife would be.
Speaker 7: Like that might get down like that down like.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just from sleeping out side.
Speaker 5: He told me, right, and gotta change the kid.
Speaker 2: Doing that too, crazy man like church being something like that in the church.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he can't. No female presidents allowed or out here. You know it's curtains like a motherfucker. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: A siting that they're talking knowing he can't do too much to different. So let me ask you this. Have you ever had a scene that just has you had, just has you hill of uncomfortable?
Speaker 7: Old dog?
Speaker 8: I think thing, Yeah, no, man, you gotta be man, because I'm gonna tell you, at the end of the day, you steal a man, dog.
Speaker 2: And when you got somebody like me and a Moreau. You know what I'm saying, she got the you know kind of you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying, she got man. You you own it, ain't you?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm on it man, looking like everybody, I'm just the art.
Speaker 1: Uh damn be uncomfortable. I think.
Speaker 4: When when two you got too attracted attractive people, you know what I'm saying. And y'all both kind of easy on the eye, I think you know that makes it a little bit more easier when you talk about the boundaries and stuff that you know, both of y'all may or may not have in the beginning. And ship, Man, it's other people in the room. It's not like it's just an intimate setting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You got an audio person in the room, you got the camera guy in the room. You know what I'm saying. So you know it's not really, it's not really nervous. And when you got, like I said, somebody that's attractive in front of you, in front of you, it's easy to pretend like you like tom.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure you said you're pretending like.
Speaker 1: I just got to say that because I want to get to.
Speaker 5: To kick in.
Speaker 1: You get it, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: Proestionalism just have to kick in, and you got to just put what's what with it all in perspective. Man, At the end of the day, I'm an actor and this is a scene. And if I call myself an actor, just like an entertain or whatever. Man, at the end of the day, you gotta perform. It's what you're here to do. So you know that's real.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy nowadays too, because like you said, you don't want to get sued. You can miss round and be doing them scenes and somebody feel uncomfortable. Man, it could all go left real quick, man, and you ain't doing nothing but doing what you was kind of told exactly.
Speaker 4: But I think that especially like in our count were getting a little bit better with like just coordinating those scenes. And just for any other independent filmmakers out there or just women out there, as an actor, if somebody not bringing some of this stuff to your awareness, or they're not asking you certain questions about how you feel about your bonds and stuff like that, you should speak up immediately because if they're not saying nothing about it, then you need to say something about it, you know what I'm saying. So hell yeah, man, you don't want to get sued and you don't want your reputation to be mud out here in this in this industry too, because people talk, you know what I'm saying, from project to project.
Speaker 5: So m.
Speaker 2: I imagine that you do have to have a certain high level of professionalism because I noticed you it just did the move flick with the homly Beez and his wife, right, and I see BZ down there listening. I think I see him down in the corner gets listening. That had to be kind of a crazy dynamic because you got his wife and there the homie's wife in there most definitely, and he over there and shooting. It's like, man, Steve, what you laughing for a dog? I'm just saying, it's like, you gotta be a different type of person, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Uh, that was somebody I was on live on my Instagram the other day and somebody asked me, like, what was what was like the most uncomfortable say, And that was it because I'm sitting there and I do have a high respect for Bez and I do have a high respect for his wife, Like I came in the game with him, so I don't it's hard for me to look at her like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She's sitting there pretty much in her you know what I'm saying, her underwear and shit like that, and it's like, bro, please can we hurry able to get through the same Bro, I'm not even trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to maintain eye contact. Bro, I don't you know what I'm saying. I don't.
Speaker 4: Bro, when you are real, when you a real one, bro, and your man's woman is around you, damn, don't even look in her eyebro A real I don't even want to.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to make face kind of eye contact with your lady.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That's just that's just the type of guy him. So I really wanted to hurry up and get through that thing. Like you said, A like a certain professionalism has to kick in and You're an actor and you here to perform, So no matter how comfortable it may seem, it can't come off like that to the rest of the audience.
Speaker 2: So you really had to get in your acting back. Definitely, that's crazy. That's crazy as hell. Man. I noticed that with people out here, man, especially with the public. Man, the lines kind of get blurred between with reality and what's fiction. Do you ever have people coming to you in the street man is answer you just the most just crazy shit dog man.
Speaker 4: I at least at least four or five times, da I gotta ask Mike, why you kill that baby? Why you kill that girl? Why you do that?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 4: Man? I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it because you found the spot. You burned the spot in their brain. You know you hope you know what I'm saying. You hold living rent free in somebody's head.
Speaker 1: So I love it. You know what I'm saying. I don't get mad at him, and I let him have a moment.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because at that point too, when you let him have a moment, now you got a fan forever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They cherished that, they hold on to that moment. You know what I'm saying. From movie to.
Speaker 4: Movie to movie, from project to project to project, they carry that moment with them as you grow in your career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Scott the Ruck, probably one of the coldest villains in the history, is just villainism. Man, Meggan's got to make up a word for it. He was so cold man out the Rock at the party, he killed everybody, man, killed the cousin he was messed around with, killed the little kid, and everything else. Scott the Rock was a cold character man. That had to be just. I know what was you thinking when you first saw that script?
Speaker 4: Man, I think, Man, I'm about to have some fun painting this picture. You know I'm about to have because it was it was like I said, being a good guy you have you have to stick to your morals.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You got this rule, Brick that you have to stick by when you a bad guy, there is no rules, you know what I'm saying. And you just and you through throughout the whole movie, you justified at the end why you're doing what you're doing. So I earned my right to kill motherfuckers and I earned my right to die. So that's my whole thing. Throughout the movie. I'm earning my right to die. So when you see me kill myself, I earned that right, you know what I'm saying. It's just went like, why the fuck this nigga killed itself? You see how the fucked up shit I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you was on one for real. And you know what was cold?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Your little son man got a future man because he played the hell off that part.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found out that was your son. Is he starting to get a lot of work now?
Speaker 4: You know what that it's not a lot of roles for him right now, but I have a one that's spot like that's like fifteen years old, and he's been in a couple of colored movies too, and he's getting a lot of roles.
Speaker 1: Actually getting ready be in Steve Wan and Steve O projects.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. And you know, I got to float it back to you, Steve O. One thing about it. I'm from Cleveland originally, man, and I came out here in California in eighty eight man, because it really wasn't a whole bunch of opportunities just back at the house. But now y'all don't kind of change that because it seemed like most of the work, especially for us as black people, is coming up out of there right now. I think the biggest problem out here with us being in Hollywood is everybody kind of looks at the way Hollywood does stuff with the big budgets, and they kind of look y'all kind of went and did the impossible. Y'all need to happen right now, man, And I ain't been back to the crib in a minute. Man, is it just exciting out there right now?
Speaker 3: Going back to you thinking about back to like with master ping and Mike John put up the DVDs movies and independent movies. So it's back to that way, less spend less money. It still costs a lot of money, but with just digital it's making it a little easier than you have to go get the reels and all that.
Speaker 5: So it's back back in them days us. Yeah, it was getting You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about that is when usually people start doing really well and something, everybody just think it's easy. It's like when you remember everybody started becoming gangster rappers when they started parking with rep Gangster reps started parking in the nineties everybody started putting out records definitely.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're just making access and then you know, a lot of ship that people came.
Speaker 5: Going back to the Hollywood ship.
Speaker 6: They really don't like a lot of independent directors, producers, whatever. You know, it's one of those games that they try to keep you out of. But like he said, now being able to you know, connect with these networks because they see the value in it. You know, it's something that you know, a lot of niggas can contribute to if you got the right mind state and come up with the good storylines. Because you know, we as black people, we like to see some realism on our level, you know, you know, being a motherfucking bad boy and driving through the streets and ferraris and action gunshots. You know, that's not you know, that's not a normal nigga's reality sometimes, you know, so just to be able to see something that depicts some normalcy around like I know a nigga, like you said, I know a nigga around the corner like that, that's get So these movies remind niggas of being, you know, in normal settings and shit that they can relate to. That's why I think, you know, it's getting as popular as he is and shit with the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely resonating. It's definitely resonating. I know Detroit is popping and Steve O you and Milwaukee and they even got some brothers in Cleveland right now just putting together fields and stuff like that. I think it's dope, man. I think it's just giving a whole bunch of our people opportunities that they otherwise might not have got. Like back in the day, Tristan you that had to come out here to La or go to New York something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm still coming out to La though.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah, but you're starting to pop up in a lot of mainstream stuff from now too though. Yeah, like you was in the bm F joint and all that. You know, you definitely know, man. When I was telling the homies that I was having you on here, they were just like, damn, you gonna have more to ask this ask And I said, I ain't gonna ask to home you all that crazy shit, but he gonna be on there, y'all check it out, you know what I mean? Yes, sir, Steve, what was one of the biggest roadblocks you had?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: When you first decided he was gonna do these movies the same.
Speaker 3: As the music that I had a lawyer called Dance Stewart. I think it was the lawyer. It's one of the reasons I Dan Stewart back in the days. And like I was doing the music, you know, I had a song called in my product cook Cap and man, I was just trying to get in and get in and get in, and I just couldn't get into that a fucker deal with Tommy Boy. But you know it was, you know, it is what it is. But I didn't even want to go that route no more, you know what I mean. And especially I'm in the liquor game too, and it's just like, I mean, you're tinting so much money.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, I'm not gonna keep going this route.
Speaker 3: Man, I want to stay independent and count all minds and see all minds. So I said, like they said, it's like you go through the line gates, you go to the uh these big platforms and try to get on. They don't want to ship invest into you, you know what I mean, And they don't want to give.
Speaker 5: You pennies for your thoughts.
Speaker 3: So I was like an artist, So I found me a way pay my own way, and God been good.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know one of the things I ask you mentioned the music stuff you had cuckoo cab and stuff. Does that ever go on with the movie stuff? The fuckering, because you know, we always kind of get caught up in there where people don't want to pay. They're not doing that with the independent film lis early.
Speaker 3: They'll try you if you'll know no better, you know, if you don't stand on them like hit that yells, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Uh, you got some good distributors and you got some bad distributis ain't gonna say no dangs.
Speaker 3: So you gotta be real careful and you gotta watch your paperwork because like I said, just like in the Music Game, now it's streaming the same thing on these movies. So you gotta really, you know, hope you get in the right reports, you know what I mean, And you hope you're getting the right the h I mean add ReBs to get out of the chairs getting So just like the music games, got some good accounts, some good lawyers and uh, and do your research, just like the music game. You know, hey, if a motherfucker fuck you and find a way they're gonna do it like that.
Speaker 6: I said all the time, if a nigga, if a nigga can do and he don't do it.
Speaker 4: And the tricky part about that is too, is when you make a deal with these distribution companies, you you don't you can't go directly to TWOB and get your numbers because they don't have an obligation, uh, contractually to give you numbers. So you just got to hope that the distribution company that you're working with is giving you real numbers or else you're gonna have to start udering people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that costs money right there. That's that's what I was gonna ask you, Tristan. You being an actor, right, and I've been in some stuff too, like eight ass you know, I'm a SAG member and all that, right doing the independent films. Are they starting to give like a back end on the stuff too? Because see, you got a name now, so I'm pretty sure you can go in and kind of demand certain things.
Speaker 4: Some projects, Uh they would if they don't have the capital to pay your ransom like you have, some you can give you.
Speaker 1: They give you points on the on the back end. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Uh, not too many people offer that, but you know, it's something that you most definitely can negotiate. But outside of that, there is not there is no no back end for real. You get what you what you get paid, You get what you negotiate, and then you go home and you be happy about.
Speaker 1: It and you go promote that film. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's a lot more today. It's a lot more opportunity, especially for cats, Like do you have you ever got behind the camera? If you have thoughts getting behind the camera kind of doing your own projects.
Speaker 4: So a lot of projects that I work on. Beasley is my business partner, you know, we I'm I ain't just an actor. I'm an executive producer. Uh so yeah, I already got projects that's already out here that that's that's that's my own.
Speaker 2: Well that's dope, man, that's real dope.
Speaker 4: So strict, I don't know, I don't know if y'all heard the scripts of the scripts executive produced that not her husbands and me and a few other a few other things that most definitely when I when I got in the game, man, I realized right off the bat, like if you want some real money out this ship.
Speaker 1: You got to put some money in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, let's do man.
Speaker 3: You can see you know, independent artists just let them know. Like if you ain't dealing with a big company, like like Trisian said, if you can negotiate it back in, that's good. But if you ain't dealing with a real big company, all you can't get up front because or the person ain't got no financial uh department. You know, you know you'll run on your clothes down everything. So you know, let me speaking. I mean, you can fight for it, get what you can get up front. That you can't get it back in good, But I'm gonna tell you like this is the baby, try to get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, what you can get up front, move on, and like you said, be satisfied for what you negotiate, because whether it's whether the ship go up or down, you know, that's your position you in. You know, because you like the independent game. A lot of niggas don't like to give up a lot or whatever because that that that's right we independent, you know. So and then with the districts or whatever, you know, they still looking at niggas bottom of the barrel. So they gonna try to cheap you out which way they go, because their job is gonna go be trying to get the money from the big networks or the big channel or whatever. So you feel me, so you might as well try to squeeze the limit as hard as you mother fucking can fuck it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, remember and still they still independent too, And they and the and and the filmmaker is taking the hell of a gamble, man ain't no. It's it's a project called Power Money that we did and it's probably the most money that we ever put into an independent project.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 4: And I promise you, man, we're still in the red and we create we made this film. I want to say, two three years ago, we're still in the red. We still don't you know what I'm saying. We still ain't ain't black yet, you know what I'm saying. So it's a gamble, you know what I'm saying. It's it's it's a real gamble with the with these projects. Man, ain't nobody guaranteed to like their project once you put it out there, up to the to the fan base to like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's always a gamble. And there's so many people doing movies right now, Like if you go to Tubby, it seemed like it's five hundred new movies coming out every week. Dog, you feel what I'm saying, So it's allowed to compete against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the life the lack.
Speaker 4: Of a film, it's almost the same as the life of a music video right now, you know what I'm saying. It's like they they got about a good week or so if you don't, you know what I'm saying, If you're not constant promoting the marketing your movie, that's the life of a movie because like you said, it's it's content and the content and the people are consuming it way faster than they were years ago.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, man. And it's like because I remember when Tubby Tubby has actually been around for a while, and I remember when a movie started coming out of Detroit, the independent movies I started watching. I was a fan of all this stuff really early on, and I remember it kind of went from being like right here to where it was just like and some of the stuff, you know, and I ain't gonna be most of the stuff on this most of the independent movies that come out of shop pretty well, you got some that's not good. But for the most part, everybody out there doing the thing man, And I think that's the biggest thing, is just putting quality material out there. If you're doing quality material, man, because you already kind of got the odds against you, so you can't come out what you can't come out just doing any old thing. I agree, you feel what I'm saying. So where do y'all think this stuff is gonna go from here? Though? Like, like where y'all think to see the game going from here? I just.
Speaker 3: You know, I take like hip hop, if everybody keep shooting good quality stuff, uh, supporting each other, you know what I mean? You know, you know right now as you see to me, it was like you said, a bunch of us independent acts. But now it's kind of like, uh, they put at their own content on their library fox stuff and our old movie trying of pushing us out. It's just about your movie that'll be hard to find. But we keep supporting each other and standing on their standing on together coming together them know that we're gonna stand together, and no content back for independent Detroitment, Walpie, Cleveland, all these blues really to maybe being that Cole is to day Black people did that. The fans did that, and we stick together expect we don't. They play its just like they did Hit Bip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's gotta be you know, uh looked in a positive light. You feel me that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And and the more the more that you're able to do and the more that's able to come out, it's you know how they do. You know, when the ship starts turning successful, they gonna see the light and then that's when the big money gonna come in and they gonna give opportunities. So uh, it gotta be nothing but an upscale you feel me, like you said, because it's a lot of brothers that's now doing this these projects and being recognized for these projects. And uh, I think it's a good I think it's a good thing because first of all, you show motherfuckers that, okay, shit, I don't need your budgets and shit, and I rather keep shit independent anyway, because sometimes independency can bring you more recognition and money in the first place. Now, you know, you love to get that one hundred million dollar budget or whatever, but they come in due time, you feel.
Speaker 1: Me, I mean, personally, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that I love the trajectory of where we're going, but I feel like every time that we start going up, up, up, up up, they watching it looking like, what the fuck? How the fuck can we get a piece of it? And how can we knock them out of that motherfucker? How can we knock them out the box? And I think that and we don't find another platform or creating another platform outside of TOUB, then they gonna do just that. If we as filmmakers continue to make to be originals where we're.
Speaker 1: Not getting.
Speaker 4: A lot of money, especially not even a lot of money up front, then they're gonna box us out. So we gotta, for one, not we gotta get off that TV before we even get on it, and we got to figure out other platform platforms and avenues to to uh to showcase our stuff too, because I think to be they looking at us and they're gonna do the same thing. Like I said, they're finding ways to to uh exclude us from what's going on. They build it, they use us to build up the platform, and then they're going to wipe us out.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're not gonna do if you're not gonna do it.
Speaker 4: In a minute, I feel like if you're not willing to sell your movie to them where you're come to them to make a two Be original, then they ain't gonna allow your projects to get on their platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I was saying before I kind of left. Man, it's like I saw pretty much Black Centema build Too Be and bring an audience over there, right. And you're starting to notice now, man, that with the two Be your riginals, those are the those are the movies that are getting prime play. You feel what I'm saying, They're getting prime placement. And you may want to explain to the people out there with the original Liss because I heard in the original they kind of just give you a flat fee and you don't get no row ay off of it. But then I heard they don't even give you all the bread up front. They make you wait for some of the bride. So it don't make no sense.
Speaker 4: So what they do is they give you say they if they offer you two hundred and fifty thousand for your movie, they're gonna give you that over a period of time, say every three months, they're gonna give you maybe twenty or thirty thousand. And you could have did you could have done that your first week on your own. You could have did that your first month on your own. And so what they do is they take your project and they milk the shit out that much like say, they put it wherever they you know what I'm saying, And the most popular, they make it very visual to the audience, and the projects do well. You license it out to them and you don't see no money until that licenses is over with, you know what I'm saying. So they gonna milk your project and get the most out of it. They didn't give it back to you when there's nothing left.
Speaker 2: Wow, So they're paying you to bring it over a period of months. You're not even getting all the bread. You can't even make a move like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't even like like you say, now I got this quarter million dollars, not gonna make me, you know what I'm saying, two or three more movies, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, how far you think we await man from really having our own platform. Because I'm gonna tell you something I've been trying to do for the past three or four years. I've been trying to build my own streaming platform, right, because I even know, like me, we got like two or three different YouTube channels, right. I don't like putting stuff on YouTube. Really, I don't really like even messing with YouTube because the money ain't really right, you feel what I'm saying. The money ain't really right now when you know what you're supposed to get paid, It's like there's no way to order that. There's no way to see what's really going on on that, right, and you can kind of get shadow band on here. I just I'm just not a fan of putting my stuff on depending on somebody else's platform to make living. You feel what I'm saying, how far you think we really have our own streaming channel.
Speaker 5: That's the That's the how I did it though.
Speaker 3: While they're winning is until we can come together and build a platform that has, like you, ten twenty million people on there there. That's why Amazon winning to be winning, uh to YouTube winning because they already have a platform set with twenty thirty million people there so they can charge you whatever because you need that platform. Just like back in the days, Reckster you had to go to the record store. Yeah, you had this sputure because it got access to ship it to all the record stores at one time. So we got to get like instead of one person trying to do it that My man P's was talking with saying some things we leave about four or five. Was even with some of the florists to come together, build one big platform and bring all all your stead if you got twenty million people watching. The other time he come to advertisers, it is I would get paid and came all the black movies.
Speaker 5: Like I said, it's a tangerous thing, man. You see what happened.
Speaker 3: When should they them all try to start up distributions for blacks.
Speaker 5: What they did to them? And then whatever is going on with uh people.
Speaker 3: Trying to you gotta keep it quiet and we try to start something with our own and they don't get the more dangerous like that.
Speaker 2: Man, it can get real dangerous man, you see. Like like you said, you brought up sugaring them the homies from murdering got in, you know, and died it on some bullshit. Even though they came up innocent. They all their bread was gone. They'd just spend a game of money, you know what I'm saying. So they definitely don't like to hear talk of that, man, But I definitely think it is something that can happen now, man, And I think it has to be a collective of people. And I think we have to get off the mindset because what usually has was is everybody wants to start their own thing instead of everybody just coming together and pulling resources and even you know, the movie people getting with some of the bigger influencers and saying, hey, Okay, we're gonna put our podcast movies on this platform and this is gonna be our thing. I think that's what we need to do because we've been building other people shift for too long. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's the hard The harder part of that is is getting people to put their content on your platform and not knowing whether they're going to be able to see a return on their investment or not. So you're going to have to be able to uh, be able to give viewership. So that's what that's the thing where any streaming platform, even to get ad dollars, you got to have so many viewerships a day in order for ads to come to your platform. Now you can do private ass Say if you got a homeboy that got a company, he got a commercial on stuff like that, So you can do ads privately. But that's the biggest uphill battle for a streaming a new streaming platform is being able to get viewership to that platform. So you can't get AD dollars.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's possible, but it would have to be something that was real strategy. You gotta think, because you have you have some influences out of here, man, that are getting you know where from one hundred and fifty thousand, you know, half a million views, you know over a thirty day period.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, you have some people that make movies that may get six seven million views there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the AU the n C is there because you got platforms like to be that kind of was built off the backs of those platforms. Now I see them doing all kinds of stuff. So I think it's something that's gonna happen, that can happen, But I don't think it's an overnight thing. And I think it's gonna take a lot of money. It's gonna take. It's what it's gonna take.
Speaker 4: It's gonna take the right it's gonna take the right companies, the right person with the right influence and it's gonna take a lot of marketing dollars behind, you know, I would say, shit anywhere from two hundred and fifty thousand to a half of being to get the right promotion behind that platform too. And just the backtrack a little bit while we were talking about the toob Originals and stuff like that we put out when we put out our movies on on TV or whatever, and when the movies first come out and people trying to search those movies that I can't find it. I can't find the movie. Everybody, I can't find it. You got some people who can access those movies quite easily. You got some people who can access it on their phone, but can't find it on their TV. When the twob Are Original comes out, it's very ironic and crazy that nobody complains, Nobody saying, hey, look, I can't find this movie.
Speaker 1: It ain't showing up here, but it's showing up here.
Speaker 4: That motherfucker is very uh made ready available, you know what I'm saying. So I just had to backtrack on that on that On that point too.
Speaker 2: It's always some ship. I can't be rude, man. We got the hommy beezy up. What's happening baby, what's hiding? What's going on with man? Just chilling?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: You know I had to pull you up there. Man, I ain't want to leave you in the corner looking all lonely and ship dog.
Speaker 7: I was good. I was just listening getting there.
Speaker 2: I was entertain Yeah, Man, you know what, And I can come back and ask you. Man, you a cold dude. Man, I don't know. Man. I probably could if I was a you know, if I was a director or whatever. Man, I don't know. Man. I think I gotta step my game up something. Man, I don't know. If I'd have been there to put my wife on the thing, dog, I'd have been too jealous. Matter probably wound up trying to fire on a homie or something.
Speaker 5: Man, keep born with the white thing. Man, get on something. It's about the fourth time you don't mentioned the white man.
Speaker 2: Don't talk, man, I gotta talk with my boy busy one year. I gotta ask about a dog.
Speaker 9: Hey, listen, Man, I look at it like this, like they they're actors. I'm a creative just like they creative.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And I let that choice be hers. I let her figure out what you want to do. I electrician figure out that's something he wanted to do.
Speaker 7: I'm for it.
Speaker 9: We have boundaries, you know, some things that you know just didn't happen. But you know, at the end of the day, I can't stop her from being a creative.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I'm not gonna be the one to pigeonhold her career.
Speaker 2: That's real. Ship man, y'all been hitting into some winners man, that script shit as hard as a motherfucker. I told you I was a fan.
Speaker 7: Man. I don't know why. I don't know why he ain't in there yet. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We need a wax man, y'all.
Speaker 2: Have you.
Speaker 6: Get you to do some ship still, we need to get you in the movie man, y'all to get you with the professional lesson. Maria is the professions.
Speaker 2: Man, That's what I'm saying, y'all. Try to explain that that my wife ain't going for none of that. But you know what that we definitely need to get eight down in some steps. Wall. I was talking to you, I was talking to you, beasy. We for sure got to get him on some ship, doog. We gotta put some stuff together.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, for sure, we about to start shooting season two of Scripts. Man, we needed we gonna were gonna give them the name a Wax for show.
Speaker 2: An get Man. You gotta make him, don't get make him.
Speaker 9: Man, that's a classic name. Man, that's legendary for me.
Speaker 5: You can't slide from that.
Speaker 7: Man. No, but you know, I mean we get something different, but he got it. You gotta.
Speaker 9: You know it's gonna have it with that big ass deed ego again though.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Just don't have my nigga get killed off. Manta lives. Man, Hey, did you watch Scripts?
Speaker 7: Did you ever? Suth?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I still put me on it, and I'm just getting on all the two. But I've been watching so much shit on too me. Man, it's just so much shit on me. It's like and like I said, it's more nigga can get interested because it's more in depth stories of what niggas look at as realism. Like I said, niggas ain't jumping out of Niggas ain't jumping out of helicopters and blowing up six story buildings and shit like. So it puts you in a perspective of something that a nigga can really get into. Because shit, it's realism. It's real shit that goes on still in the neighborhoods and on these streets, and niggas is still crazy. So when you have shit to remind motherfuckers that it's still real niggas in the streets and real shit, they're gone. It's why I think these movies are blowing up the way they are. Hm hm, I agree. It's all my niggas talk about. That's all they talk about is the movie. Man, have you seen this on tub? Have you seen this?
Speaker 5: Or they got this movie in this movie.
Speaker 6: So it's good to see niggas getting it in, man, And you know, it makes you don't do nothing but want to contribute to what the niggas path fit.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's all good. I'm definitely interested real you know.
Speaker 2: You know, whenever we.
Speaker 3: Got like even the Hollywood actors coming back that they was just coming out, I got Clipton Pile and oh my good to come apart.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he been getting it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real. Hey, you know what when we had homies on here, man, we like to talk about other stuff that's going on in the world too. Man, what y'all think about your boy, Drake, Man, did you do some suther shit or what?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna read it. This is this is this right conversation for me. I don't think he did no such ship man. You don't think so speak okay whenever somebody, whenever somebody whenever you okay, you got umg right, and you know you got you got two dogs in a fight. But whenever you give the somebody else a little bit of extra juice and you costing somebody a couple of hundred million as the result of it.
Speaker 1: Hell no, ain't no suck ship. That's just how That's how I felt about it.
Speaker 2: But you know what, this this, this is the thing though though Drake kind of third day ship. He talked about the man's wife, said his wife had a baby with his homie and all kinds of stuff, so he kind of broke that on himself, and the homie just hit him with that boot box.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think I don't think that. I don't think he's speaking on that call.
Speaker 5: Still.
Speaker 6: What he's saying is why the nigga trying to sue you in g And that has to do with him feeling like they inflated and they inflated record sales or they inflated promotion. I mean, it ain't it ain't. It ain't the It ain't about the actual. You know, if you beef, and you beef, and that's what it is. But if you have a feeling that, Okay, y'all done flooded another nigga's market when we're supposed to be two clients. But y'all flooded somebody else's market to do more than me, and it's done cost me a few hundred million. That's what the lawsuit is. Now, do I agree with shit like out of as a hip hop artist. As a hip hop artist, you're gonna always say it was some sucker shit. Not because of them dissing. Because if he wanted to talk about your mom or your wife, and Kendrick came back and said, that's that's all in love and war, you get me, that's not the problem. The problem is I'm saying, technically, you fucked with my money. I don't give a fuck what a nigga said about me. What I'm saying is you fucked with my bread. Now, in the hip hop community, it's gonna be looked at his sucker shit because we're supposed to be MC's and we caught up in this battle that that's it. It ain't supposed to be nothing more than that. You get me, I diss you, you dissed me. We keep it going, you know because in the long run, the record late they taking money off both sides. I don't give a bucket this three hundred million off of this shit and it's only one hundred and fifty off of this shit.
Speaker 5: They've all making the same bread off of it.
Speaker 2: Now, the house always wins, dog, the house always wins. Think about this. Brought some other stuff. When Kendrick left TDE where did he go to? He didn't go nowhere. Really, he's stayed right there.
Speaker 6: It's like a nigga who holds your contract right and and when you sign and you're distributed through a motherfucker, they're gonna always put in that stipulation in the contract. If he leaves, we get first did at the new contract, so you don't go anywhere else. They're definitely as a as a distributor, they're not gonna go let him cut a deal with another monthy, with someone like a Sony or whatever that in house. So if you're no longer gonna deal with tde. We just gonna walk you across the hall.
Speaker 5: And give you a deal straight up because now.
Speaker 6: We don't so that that's basically they gonna do that. That's just like any nigga you sign the contract to, Oh, if you don't deal with them, no more, we get first DIBs.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing with It's the same thing with Drake the University, the same thing with.
Speaker 5: Us to offer first.
Speaker 6: So if your contract is up with Young Mon and you're no longer going through Young Money, fine, but.
Speaker 5: We're gonna walk you across the hall and give you that deal. We're not gonna let you walk out the door. So that that's what it is.
Speaker 6: The house is always gonna win because they got you from when you first walked through the door with with the with the label you came in with. If you ever your contract is gonna be up one day, and if you're doing the numbers that we project you gonna do, if you ever decide to leave, come on across the hall to my office and I'm just gonna sign you direct.
Speaker 2: That's real because they said the boy got something like I think what this is with Drake Man, I think he honestly making the play to get off that label, man, because if you think about it, right now, this is the perfect time to be independent.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's like, once you get to a certain point, though, the label can no longer really do too much for you. It's like, if you're going out there, you getting a million dollars a show, you got your own bridge, you got your own platform. Pretty much, you don't really need them no more.
Speaker 1: But that's just said too.
Speaker 4: They cannot afford to let Drake go independent, nor do they want him to get any more money, so they like they're trying to fact. That's why it was important for them to devalue him, and that was why it was important for him to drop that hundred gigs too, because that hundred gigs was gonna show one of two things. Either it was gonna show that what y'all did devalue me, or be dropping this independently and me doing the same numbers that I did previously. Why with your help that I can negotiate my numbers and get the number that I'm asking for. So it's either gonna show that y'all devalue me, or I'm still worth what I'm worth, So give me my money.
Speaker 6: It's just looked at as a bitch move because in the community of hip hop, you don't see a nigga because he dished you. You get me, And that just goes back to the beginning of hip hop. Niggas have battled and niggas have been disrespected and got into it, and niggas a motherfucking fistfighter. Shoot you before it come down on to me taking you to court and showing your record label because you disrespected me. So instead of a niggah, instead of a nigga, I guess admitting that, you know, I'm probably you know, fucked over the fact that the battle was you know, one by whatever. Uh he came in on some technical ship. I'm a back door and say, you niggas and you niggas inflated numbers and y'all did this and that. But unless you got a motherfucker who's going to hand you over paperwork showing that ship was paid for and yeah they got with Spotify and they did this and they did that, that's gonna be a hard case to prove.
Speaker 2: It's real hard to prove. It's almost you almost playing a dangerous game.
Speaker 5: I tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 5: Take you something right quick.
Speaker 6: Labels have been hideing and doing shit for decades. You get me, and come on, we've went through the town infatuate numbers and niggas buying their own records and all that type of shit. Shit been going on for thousands of years, right whatever, So it's it's gonna be hard to, like I said, unless you got a motherfucker who running the numbers and the paychecks and they on your team and they ready to just give up some shit. It seemed like a stupid gesture to do, but I guess if a nigga, you know, the quest is to receive or get off the label or whatever the technical.
Speaker 5: Move is behind it.
Speaker 6: It's just frowned upon in the community of music because it has never been done.
Speaker 5: You get me, you know. But I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 6: You feel me and nigga call you a bitch walking out the restaurant. You ain't gonna go and tell run, call your lawyer and be like, man, nigga, just call me a bitch.
Speaker 5: I want to sue that motherfucker. You feel dog.
Speaker 2: Check this out the same stuff. You remember what happened when Puffy got to talk about them white folks, man, you saw the position he kind of got put in. Right now, Drake is going against the biggest entity and the planet of plannet. The ain't nobody even close to universal music, right you don't think man? If he get the uncovering too much, man, they gonna make him look crazy. Because I hope, I hope he don't have no skeletons in his closet because I'm gonna tell you in the next few weeks.
Speaker 6: They gonna either expose you or pay you off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. And they might pull somebody's closet.
Speaker 1: They might do both, they might, yeah, because I want to tell you.
Speaker 2: Them motherfuckers do not lose, dog, They do not lose. Have you ever known somebody to successfully.
Speaker 5: Suit them videos till this day?
Speaker 1: Come on videos.
Speaker 5: The way, everybody.
Speaker 6: If you do some kind of bullshy, man, I'm telling you, they gonna either expose you or pay you off. That's what they because they ain't got time for no bullshit. Nigga were making too much money a day off of everything, and we ain't got time for no motherfucker. And they probably we like you, dude, we're making money with you, so that's why they are already like, man, it's fabricated. It is dumb because you don't want to get on they bad shot on your fuck who you is?
Speaker 2: No, you don't. Man, I'm gonna tell you what one of the homies told me. I ain't gonna give his name up and put him out there like that. But one of the homies ran distribution for em My back in the nineties, right, you knew what he told me they was doing. They they would get a recording artist, he would have a management team bringing the artists or whatever. And they didn't get to do the deal. But they knew they won't to ever put this record out. They would get a kickback off of that. They would inflate the recording budget, records a bunch of bullshit songs, go back to the people in New York and say, hey, we need some more money. We think we're close to having the hit record. And before anybody become any the wise, and they don't spend three four hundred thousand dollars five hundred thousand dollars on some shit that wouldn't gonna ever come out. Dog, So these motherfucker's dog even you think about back in the day when they just talk about Puffy was doing these million dollar music videos. You know, ain't no music hit video on the history of music ever, it really costs no million dollars. That's because everybody is getting their piece, doog. They're kickbacks. Yeah, we went through the kickbacks.
Speaker 6: Nigga, I'm a charge, I'm I'm a charge one hundred thousand, and then nigga kicked me back. Nigga fifteen twenty. You get that, the kickback shit then going on for a minute.
Speaker 7: That's it, real.
Speaker 5: Shit, as real as a motherfucker. You best believe it.
Speaker 7: I said, happened to me say music video was.
Speaker 6: The one time, Yeah, nigga saying, I'm a I'm gonna charge your motherfuck I'm gonna go tell the label. Nigga, this motherfucker how much you won't for it? Oh ship, Nigga give me thirty, Okay, I'm gonna go tell the motherfucking label we need a hundred. And then you kicked me back that I'm gonna get you your thirty and you kicked me back that Nigga, that ship was going on for dangerously.
Speaker 5: That was the thing to do back in my rap time.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, no, Bsy, Steve over y'all, y'all think about this, Triss and y'all do movies right. Where do y'all see a music video ever costing a million dollars and y'all out there y'all doing movies?
Speaker 9: Assume only one ever thought that probably really would have happened was with Bennie Boom and Hype Williams.
Speaker 7: That they probably was closed.
Speaker 9: I think Janet and them and Michael pulled that off with that million dollar video. I don't think kickback man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike Williams videos was out the dough nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 7: But they say Goofy spent a million were hype on you?
Speaker 6: Hepe ship. That's why it was certain nigga. It was certain budgets you couldn't afford you.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 5: Shit, I had a.
Speaker 6: Motherfucking gold platinum record and I still wasn't gonna go get no Hype Williams. I already knew, nigga, that chargeback is coming to me. I ain't finna go spend no five hundred a million dollars on my motherfucking video. Nigga'm finna get a nigga, right, on the corner, Nigga with a couple of homies and Ship at the motherfucker telephone pole parking low rider right there, Nigga. Butt video done, Nigga. Twenty thousand and thirty thousand.
Speaker 5: Shit. Niggas didn't understand that ship back then.
Speaker 6: Then that shiit come back to bite you in the ass when you ain't seeing no royalty check.
Speaker 7: Because you're paying.
Speaker 3: La spent three hundred thousand, poor started two other slow riders.
Speaker 6: Was stupid ridiculous, right, Nigga, Right now, Ship, she was stupid ridiculous back in the days, nigga. And then that they didn't give a fuck or you need a million here there, gog like this too.
Speaker 9: Though back in the day it wasn't digital too. They still was dealing with films.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they was dealing with film back there had the whole crews and the grippers and the motherfucking assistance and all that shit. Niggas motherfucking videos was looking like movies and ship all the cameras and the crew services and all that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they used to get cracking. You know, one thing I was gonna tell you, I don't know if y'all ran across this catch. I was talking this dude. We had put out a movie man probably about like early part of last year, right, and we was talking to this distributor down on Florida.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say the dude's name whatever, but dude was telling us. He was pretty much telling us he wanted to give us twenty thousand dollars. Right, there's an advance. But he said, then there's another twenty five thousand dollars marketing cost that's on the back end. And I was like, well, what's the marketing cost, like, like, what is the marketing for He said, well, I get you prime placement on to B and Peacock and these other platforms. And I said, I don't think that worked that way, bro. I think that works by algorithm. I don't think they come out and just to say, okay, you can buy this placement. I think everybody would be doing that. If you can go pay for prime placement on Toby, I think you when you do that, busy, when y'all do that, Tristan Steves definitely every Yeah, So this cat man and I was got to doing the math and I said, bro, before we come out and see it down, we got to try to recoup forty some thousand dollars man, and twenty Ever, it wasn't never even there, like twenty four, what what are we giving you to the other twenty four? He said, well, it's for he and he was, man, he was really even up the even up the advanced amount, I think by five or ten thousand dollars. But he wasn't move He wasn't blazed on that twenty thousand dollars. And he wanted the whole rights to the film for ten years. I said, bro, the movie already shot. See yeah, the movie movie already show. He wanted to have the rights to it for ten years.
Speaker 7: I say, what the thing is.
Speaker 5: More than forty did did you get your money back from shooting the movie?
Speaker 1: That's predatorial, that's predatorial at his finess.
Speaker 9: Man, yeah, I mean, but that's their thing though, that's that's what they try to do. Like a lot of these two be originals, they be locking these filmmakers then one hundred and fifty thousand, two hundred thousand for six years, six to eight years.
Speaker 7: Like I know a filmmaker right now.
Speaker 9: He did a six year deal for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars and he was like it, and they was paying him over a course of six of six quarters.
Speaker 7: I said, there's no way in hell whatever did that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like I said, bro, that kind of.
Speaker 9: Money is like, we see that in a month, Like why would you I mean, the way two be going right now, you can see that in a month.
Speaker 7: Or two weeks.
Speaker 9: Honestly, you know what I'm saying, Like, why would you say here and give up? He's like, man, it's my This is a lot of people's reasoning. This is my first film. I just trying to make a couple couple of dollars to make sure I guarantee my my residual, like that I make back what I spent. I said, Man, you're in the wrong game, playing playing them type of games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you start off? How you finished too, taking sucker deals, man end getting sucker deals.
Speaker 7: But that's how for those for those like Media Trisian and Steve.
Speaker 9: For us who hold our own and we take pride into our intellectual property.
Speaker 7: Like we wouldn't do a deal like that, But it's gonna.
Speaker 9: Make it bad for us because now to be gonna love Look, either y'all gonna take this deal or y'all can't get on the platform, so they're gonna start doing stuff like that, or we're gonna get the Amazon effect, because I don't know, a lot.
Speaker 7: Of people don't remember when before Tube it was Amazon.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying. I was one of the ones that was blessed to make good money off Amazon. But once Amazon, okay, they flood They flooding us now, so let's now they cut down the pay rate, you know what I'm saying. And then then that's when when the pandemic hit, twob jumped up. So everybody, Okay, we're gonna go to ad base. But now if you ever go look at Amazon, you don't see no movies from independent arts like Steve got a movie on that right now, but it's transactional.
Speaker 7: You don't get nothing subscription based or nothing ad based.
Speaker 9: With Amazon because they don't want our movies on there like that, you know what I'm say. Because we flooded, people started flooding them. They didn't want that, they didn't want them to be a fact.
Speaker 2: Doing the same thing. You gotta look at it, Beezy, you gotta name man. Tristan got a name, and obviously people book Tristan because his face is gonna help sell. It's gonna move to Needa when people see that thumbnail with his face on there. That's how I do.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If I see a movie with Tristan on it, with Gravy on it and Beezy shot by Beezy or Steve or somebody that engineered, I'm gonna go look at it, man, because it's like it's like Coca Cola.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's branded already, right, It's something like a trust. Okay, they ain't just gonna be doing no bullshit, so I'm gonna check them out. I think y'all got enough weight dog to wear. If y'all want to pull that streaming platform off the dog, I think it the work, bro, because y'all think about how many champers. Think about how many platforms that have been built off YOURLL brand, Dug Tubi.
Speaker 7: Is one of them. Toub was built off Independent Film Guarantee.
Speaker 9: Like I remember, I was one of the first films put on Toob that was started jumping. I remember my first check with Tuby was like three thousand dollars. Because nobody knew what Tube was. They'd be like, what's Toob? Like it's a free act. We take odds wait for it to come on Amazon. But it's the same thing, now.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: But me saying that to say is all of us putting our independent content, building that traction we built toob to be popped off pandemic. Right, What was one of the first movies that the first things they seen on tube that really made it? It was plug Love and they had uh And then that the mcgra as shit kicked off.
Speaker 7: Once them movies kicked off, floodgates open.
Speaker 9: So now okay, then I had my movie on I got a movie called Wait that was on there, and a few other ones like child Support with Christians shit like that. It was like the floodgates open. So now it was like everybody seeing that they made it. They made one hundred thousand dollars on two. Let me go over here, so not everybody dropping a movie a week on two.
Speaker 2: Man, it could work. I think what it would take though, like we were saying, man, it'll take money, because then people are spending money like man. Like our podcast, for example, is on iHeart right, we on Charlomagne and the Guys platform Black Effect, right, and I look at kind of some of the stuff they do versus when we's independent. It's a difference dog, especially in our audio. It's just different, right because we hitting way more people now. But it's a cost to be paid for that. All we got to do is figure out, man, who the right people you know, who the right people are, man to really make that technology, go to put it in front of them two million, three million people, because it ain't got nothing to do with no bots. You're getting in front of real people, man, And this is like a thing. These people have the ability to throw something against like two or three million people, dog and kind of make it sticking. Whoever else is left over, that's what they collect and just keep growing from there. So imagine if we can get put in front of two or three million people and we wind up with one point five million every month, you win it in it.
Speaker 9: But the thing is now that like when it comes to that streaming platform, I think it's a lot of gatekeeping going on with it.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 9: I would suggest, like like you say, we can't be liud with it because I think, what after so long, they're gonna be like, Okay, who is these people? We gotta shut them down? So I think approaching that type of situation. Like you said, we're gonna have to get a name involved with that, someone that can get us in rooms that we that we need to be in, that has to face for it, because other than that, they're gonna shut us down.
Speaker 7: Quick.
Speaker 2: Think about what fifty about to start doing. Man, he's gonna open up his soundstage. Man, he's parting with the Lions. Get catch though, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I think so. The Lion's got her stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got some good stuff going on. I think he's gonna be one of the people that do it. I think he could.
Speaker 9: He started, he started streaming platform him and uh, what's the name?
Speaker 7: Dame Dash was.
Speaker 9: Going back and forth about it. Supposedly has his own streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dame got his own Dame got his own fast channel, his own his own streaming platform. I don't know how much traffic he getting, man, but I always support stuff like that. That's the problem is black people doing. We got to start really supporting each other instead of trying to clown everything. Dang got his own thing going. He's doing his thing now. I don't know how big it is, but he doing it.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 7: I am always been that guy.
Speaker 1: To me, Champ.
Speaker 5: He put their own channels. Uh, they reached out to me. I talked to him. But you know, and it's like.
Speaker 3: BZ said, it's funny because my man Swift motion picture of a man Swift was at this conference and the head of TWOB was there, that the one of the presidents or the head guys, white guy was there, and that's not asking questions about it. I was like, why y'all independence like this, Like why y'all moved us to the bottom of the chef.
Speaker 5: Why y'all not showing to give us the spots that we had?
Speaker 3: And the man looked there be so crazy every being Swift was laughing, is like, well, trust nobody gonna be on TV no more.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, man, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: You get people up.
Speaker 3: So, like BZ said, we gotta be quiet about it because you gotta think about take it from them people. We think, oh if movies, I think about movies. Swift took out his movies, you know McGraw a people took all their movies. Lisa to take all her movies. It was one platform.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's half of the action. Follow Yeah, man, we have to talk off. We're gonnad to talk off. Learn like about this man. Now, let's talk about real quick. Man neg just dropped this Friday, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, man negligent. It's a big one.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I called Hollywood and me too be Uh been a couple of Hollywood actors on there, but not like this.
Speaker 5: It's this.
Speaker 3: This is like, man, I think, like, uh this motherfuckers, like I gave him two million dollar budget and you're looking at him black man. He's had a two million dollar budget for this one. Uh man, you know so my man Trician, you know, craziest fucking ever on there.
Speaker 5: We got Crystal to die.
Speaker 3: My girl Chelby Lee, we got uh man, uh Reggie on there.
Speaker 5: We got my man Clifton Pole, my good pile. Oh I'm good.
Speaker 3: Uh start studying, man, Oh you got up stiff on here. Erica Pickett starts Chaos Chaotic shout out to Chaotic man promote. Uh this is his first movie from hip hop. This is first movie with me on on on the independent side. So uhy mother about Friday.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: But uh, hey, man, they think man actors.
Speaker 3: I think it's because Omark of Goodie and Cook the powerca to the set. I think everybody just stuffed their game. But like even Lee Masters. He and Lee Masters, and everybody stepped their game.
Speaker 9: The ring on the line, everybody stepped their game up. He just he just put everybody around good actors this time instead of hire people that can't act.
Speaker 7: That's all. It was just a bunch of talent.
Speaker 2: He keep it real busy looking at this time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because you know, hey, listen, I'm an tell you one thing about independent man. People are cheap. And I understand why they're cheap because we're trying to stay in budget. But I'm one of those people that really like like to dive into the real acting, Like I don't really care about popularity for real. And Steve O actually gave me a bunch of tours with these actors that can really bring characters to.
Speaker 7: Life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So it was like we were able to have fun with this one that actually Christian like Electrician really getting his bag. When you see him in this movie, You're gonna let this niggas nuts, you know what I'm saying. So that's just one of those things. But sometimes people get lost with the fact that oh I can get her for like two hundred dollars a day, and you know this and the third, and she's kind of popular and it's cheaper for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So that's all I mean. But Steve oo gave me some He gave me some real actors to work with this time.
Speaker 2: He gave you some people to work with.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I know, as long as my boy playing a villain on his mother for this gonna be successful.
Speaker 7: He more than a villain.
Speaker 1: You re in on this, Tristan, Yes, sir, Yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I read, it's playing the bad I read it's playing the bad guy man. Like I said, it gives me such a wide range of things to do, man, And I think I really get my acting bag when I played play the bad guy. But look y'all, I'm getting ready getting my acting bad right now. But before I get off of this podcast, Man mc eight, man, I want I wanted to say this to the end, but I got to get off a little bit prematurely. I want to say, man, that you were a huge part of my childhood growing up.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: A wax is something that me and my I'm forty one years old, bro, and I got a best friend that I've been hanging with us. I was eleven years old, Bro, and we still quote you from from Minister Society to this day.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: And I just want to want to let you know that you have been an intricate part of my childhood. I've been seeing your lines. Give my mother fucking joint back, both of y'all. I've been saying that since.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the love back.
Speaker 2: All good, Yes, sir man, we appreciate you coming on, Tristan Man, go on, handle your business.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you much love.
Speaker 1: I look at my beautiful right here.
Speaker 2: Uh see, that's how you're able to get away with it. She right there looking at him like this, Okay.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, but I appreciate the love, y'all. Make sure that y'all go check out Negligence. I promise y'all Steve O to not disappoint everything that he just said. Like, man, he put us around as solid cash man. And when you're around side of people, man, it's hard to mess up. It's hard to fail because everybody is making sure that you're policing each other.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So make sure y'all go check out Negligence this Friday on Tube.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Make it most popular.
Speaker 2: It's all good man, we gonna be on him and we get it popping. Yes, I appreciate Homie leaving you Facebook, but shake up out of here. We gonna hall let y'all next week.
Speaker 3: Y'all gonna watch That's just Friday, Watch Somebody one, two and three, unfatched Change and you like commonly the Hole in the Wall, all great movies and b let them know what you got out right now? Pop it.
Speaker 9: Uh, we got cons and Cooeger scripts, pillow talk everything with it, child support whatever. Man, just just type, just type a Trician physics, a Bzy Jones and it all pop up.
Speaker 2: Well. That concludes another episode of the gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangster Chronicles podcast. For Apple users, find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a common and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcasts Norman Stell, Aaron M.
Speaker 1: C a.
Speaker 2: Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Whatt, and the audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio. Visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcasts wherever you're listening to your pop kids