Speaker 1: Hey, we got a special treat for you today. Welcome to the Second Date Update podcast. It is, of course Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we asked you yesterday I did a poll on Spotify. Sorry, it's the only you know podcasts platform. We can do polls on Yes, Yes, thank you, Alexis and asked, say yes the X is a special episode where we help a listener attempt to get back with the X.
Speaker 2: Would you like to hear it on this pod? Two options?
Speaker 1: Yes, post that drama or nah, Second Date's only here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I feel like we need a drum roll, but I don't have one.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: People say yes, post that drama, so.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: No, we really do listen to what you want to hear. So we're gonna give you a little special treat today with a brand new say Yes to the X, Sit back and joy.
Speaker 4: Pretty soon they're gonna like the whole entire show.
Speaker 1: Caul and let us know in the comments if you like this type of content, So you know, we love to hear your feedback, good or bad if you're not too me alright, alright, show starts now.
Speaker 4: Do you believe in second chances? A second chance to pass? That driver's test, a second chance for dinosaurs to rule the earth.
Speaker 2: Well, Jess a.
Speaker 4: Second chance to slip past that security guard and finally make it up on stage at the Taylor Swift concert and give.
Speaker 2: Her a smart arrested immediately.
Speaker 4: I'm things happen when you get a second chance, And today we're hoping for a second chance at love, trying to get one more shot for a guy who's desperate to win back the woman who dumped him. And it's kind of crazy because the way that she ended things was one of the most brutal stories that I think we've ever heard on this show. Still, he says he's willing to risk it all for one more chance, and it's gonna come up. We'll see if it pays off. In a brand new say Yes to the X right after this, j Lo and Ben Affleck, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Nick Cannon and Baby Mama's Number four and seven. Wow, just a few examples of couples who dated and broke up, only to get back together years later because they realized, oh my god, I think maybe they were the one thought it was three, which, yeah, it's a little ys there, But the point is you never know until you try, and if you have an ex that you look back on and think, did I make a mistake by letting them go? We created this segment called Say Yes to the X so that we can reach out and see if there's a chance, if they want to give it one more show today, and it was really intended for long lost loves to reunite. Yeah, I'm not really sure if today's caller Landon falls into that category.
Speaker 2: Why was it like a one night stand? He wants to reconnect with.
Speaker 4: His email said him and his girlfriend have only been separated for six weeks, but he's ready to jump back out and see if there's another chance there. Let's talk to him. Landon, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Okay, some people take years, some people take weeks. Yeah, my sister and her boyfriend at the time broke up for five days and then got back together and they got married.
Speaker 2: Hey, it was a very hard five days. In that time, he got a tattoo and joined the navy. Yeah, he was dealing with something. Know what happened six weeks?
Speaker 4: A red flag? After hearing that story, Are you sure you want to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, guys, I don't want to let hers to the way that's become really clear to me over these past six weeks.
Speaker 4: And what's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Jessica, And yeah, we were together for like about a year and it was I mean, she's the most serious clipper I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Okay, why did you guys break up six weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Well? There are reasons, you know, which we can get into, but I'll just say like I've been pretty miserable ever since. And she didn't tell me in person. She did. She did let me know via you know, words on a page.
Speaker 2: Oh she dumped you. Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: What I was wondering why you were like having trouble coming out with it? You're it's clearly it's still pretty raw. It only happened six weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, it was some stuff that I didn't necessarily agree with, but she had her reasons, Okay.
Speaker 2: And so she wrote you what sounds like a letter. I'm guessing did you guys talk in person?
Speaker 5: Ever?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a note on my door. Actually, she broke up with you.
Speaker 4: Via door note.
Speaker 1: Are you sure she's not your landlord and trying to evict you?
Speaker 3: No? No, I mean I've been through that before. But no, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like I've broken up with a building before. I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's gotta be hard to take.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really harsh. It was like a list of reasons.
Speaker 4: Oh god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our producer told me that you actually have the breakup note with you. Oh no, yeah, would it be okay? Like, if it's not too painful for you, would you mind like telling us some of the things that she said in it?
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I don't know if I'm comfortable doing that because they were pretty mean and I don't feel like they're accurate, so I would prefer not to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if she's being rude and mean to you, why do you even want to get back together with her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because she has some points that are kind of valid, I guess, and I think that I've improved on those areas.
Speaker 4: It's going to admit that you've made mistakes. Like if she's like you did this and this, and you fix those and maybe she.
Speaker 2: Won't want to. I mean, if she's writing a list of mean things, she's mad. She's mad mad like.
Speaker 4: That, that's a normal girlfriends are like, though, right, No.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, is it one specific thing? Did you cheat on her or something?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I did not cheat. I'm not okay, but I'm not going to read the entire note, but I'll tell you, guys a couple of the things.
Speaker 4: She's okay, Okay, give us the bullet points of it, and then we'll post the whole thing on the brook.
Speaker 2: No, okay, we'll stay flyers and put it on doors around the city.
Speaker 4: He's kidding, bro Okay, just give us a couple of them, Okay.
Speaker 3: The first one is you refuse to use the word selfie because you think it's too curly.
Speaker 4: You refuse to use the word selfie Landon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't use the word selfie. I use the word celfo. Like you know, like in Spanish, there's like.
Speaker 4: Feminine and singular pal masculine would be.
Speaker 1: Are you that worried about your masculinity that you think adding an i e to the end of a word is gonna alter Well?
Speaker 3: No, I just think that I mean just to be like more grammatically correct, I guess like to say celfo.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's grammatically correct at all, sir. I don't think you could find that any dictionary if.
Speaker 4: You're in the club with your boys, going to be like, hey, Jonathan, let's take a selfie together, like bro, me and my bros. Yo, dog, you look super cute right now, get over your homie. Yeah, let's cell phone it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, But you guys see what I'm talking about, Like, that's really nitpicky. Like that's not a reason to break up with someone, even if it's a little annoying, right, It sounds.
Speaker 2: Kind of like an excuse. But yeah, so what else were they.
Speaker 4: All like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I think they're all like that. I mean the next one she says, is you thought you were tough enough to share at a solar eclipse?
Speaker 2: Are you blind right now? Or can you see?
Speaker 3: No? I can see it was a little blurry for like the day. But how often does a solar eclipse happen? Like I didn't Okay, yes, I also thought like it'd be cool to like look at the sign.
Speaker 2: But these are all questionable things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, At the same time, are women gonna dump a guy every time they do something a little bit stupid to prove their masculinity of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How many pages do we have?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Do you have like a last one? For us landing.
Speaker 3: Sure, I can give you one last one.
Speaker 4: The fact that there is three is kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, I just mean, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: She says, you jumped at a trampoline from the second floor to prove your abs and back muscles were strong enough. Guy.
Speaker 4: To me, you sound like one of my friends.
Speaker 1: You sound like an annoying little brother.
Speaker 4: Hold on, were your abs and back muscles strong enough to absorb the blow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I I definitely hurt myself and I'm oh.
Speaker 4: No you Yeah, Well, maybe.
Speaker 2: She doesn't trying to prove your manlin.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing a lot of red flags. That's not the right word I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: I would say they're like, they're more like highlights. Those were the fun part.
Speaker 2: So it's not that you learned anything from the letter.
Speaker 3: Shoo, okay, I mean what I learned was that those are the fun things in a relationship, and she needs to relax the and O I miss her, and I bet she misses me.
Speaker 4: Took here's like zero.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you know if we're gonna how does this work again? Does he ask her back out?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We call the girlfriend and let him talk for it. Okay, let's he has to win her back himself.
Speaker 1: Let's not use any of that sentence that you need to relax, you need.
Speaker 3: To calm down.
Speaker 2: I just just some hot advice.
Speaker 3: There, okay, fair, fair, okay.
Speaker 4: And those are the problems that she had with you. So if you want her back, you're probably gonna need to compromise a little bit. Like can you agree that if she wants you back going forward, you won't stare into solar eclipses anymore? Are you capable of that?
Speaker 3: Guys? I already learned my lesson. I'm not doing that again.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's clear glos. That is what we're trying to accomplish here.
Speaker 2: He's trying to see if you can use the word selfie in a sentence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're about to dial your ex Jessica, and we'll get her on the phone and let you try and win her back yourself. All right, We'll come back and see if she says yes to the X.
Speaker 2: Right after this, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, I rarely do this, but during the break I got on the phone and talked to Landon you did off the air, and I just told him how we felt, honestly, in the room.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I like you talking for all of us.
Speaker 4: Think we're on the same page because based on the breakup note, it seems like Landon has done some dumb things. Yeah, correction, a lot of dumb things in his relationship, and his attitude was Jessica just needs to chill out and relax. And if Landon really feels like it's all on her to change herself and just relax about it, then why are we doing this segment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then it's just gonna be her getting angry at him all over again.
Speaker 4: Because she says what the problem was, and he says that shouldn't be a problem for you. So what we're trying to do here is get some growth, because all of us as humans are constantly evolving, trying to become better people. And frankly, Landing, I'm not sure if in the past six weeks since the breakup there's been enough growth on your end from what we just heard to warrn her.
Speaker 1: Saying, yes, that is the most adult thing that Jeffrey's ever said.
Speaker 4: Honest with you. I know we're supposed to be fun, but yeah, pretty real. I tell you to say that because honestly, you could say that on your own, Landon, What was that last bit? I missed that last They were all telling me that I'm not smart enough to come up with that on my own.
Speaker 2: Have you had any growth in the last six weeks Landon.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Yeah, I I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Look, I made changes, and I see that there are some mistakes that I made, Okay, And the reason I'm so, you know, I want to take this opportunity now, even though it's been just.
Speaker 3: Six weeks, because I think we have an opportunity to grow together Jessica and I rather than growing apart.
Speaker 2: See that's good. I like that.
Speaker 1: That's a good sentiment, you know for sure. Ma, You know, can we ask real quick is she dating right now? Or is she just single?
Speaker 2: Single? Have you heard?
Speaker 3: Well? She better not be dated. It's only been six weeks, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do this an it's fair game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think after two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why we broke up with them.
Speaker 4: We have to reach out to her to find out some of these answers. And if you're just listening for the very first time, say yes to the exes. It's a little bit different than a second date update. Because these people have had a previous relationship before, they already know each other, and we're going to try not to jump in on the conversation as much as we normally do. We're going to try and let them talk and work it out as much as possible amongst themselves. That's the goal. It's going to show if they've really had any growth in their relationship or not. And so now I'm about to punch up Jessica. Our producer got her on the other line. You're ready to talk to her?
Speaker 2: Don't punch ex girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just bring her on the line with you. Here we go, he Jessica.
Speaker 3: You there.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi Jessica.
Speaker 4: Hey Jessica, this is Brooke Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Obviously, thanks for being on the show with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, it's not gonna lie. I'm a little bit caught off guards. But what's up. What's going on?
Speaker 4: So our producer told you that we have your ex boyfriend Landon on the phone right now and he really really wants to speak to you for a second. Hey, Jessica, that's Landon. So what we're gonna do here is we're just going to back away and let you and Landen, have a chat for a second.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, Landon, Hey, yeah, sorry about this, but you know, I just have something to say to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I mean, like, why do you have the radio station calling me?
Speaker 3: No, don't worry about that. I mean, just per time, like it's you and me. There's nobody else here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not laughing.
Speaker 6: I don't even know, like is this on air with like viewers? Like, come on.
Speaker 3: Viewers. I don't think they can see us, but I think just focus on what I'm about to say.
Speaker 6: Okay, what do you have to say? Landon?
Speaker 3: Okay, For the last six weeks, I've noticed that I've missed you a lot and I and I just I need you back in my life. So okay, I'd like you to say yes to the X.
Speaker 6: What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: What they're doing on the show and they've done it before with somebody else and help them get back their X. So now I'm trying with you.
Speaker 2: Maybe talk to her about.
Speaker 6: Are you you you want us to get back together?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just makes sense. It's like peanut butter and jelly. Okay, Like, Landon, Look, I promise it's going to be better. I have a feeling about it.
Speaker 6: I mean, are you still living with your mom?
Speaker 3: Well sort of, but it's it's really different from last time.
Speaker 6: Okay, different how well?
Speaker 3: Okay, so if you remember before, my bedroom was on the main floor of my mom's house, but like the first floor. Okay, yeah, well now you know, she's getting older, as you know, and she doesn't like using the stairs. So last week I offered such rooms with her, and she said, yeah, so now I actually have the entire top floor to myself, and you know, it's kind of like a penthouse.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you're you're basically still living with her though.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's like my own place, and in a year or two, I'm gonna save up enough money to build a separate entrance, you know, a staircase that goes from the outside to my room.
Speaker 2: Slide, slide, Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean that's not even different. It's like the same thing that you were doing before.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would have moved out sooner, but you know, my credit screwed up from my identity being stolen, which was you know, I was a victim.
Speaker 6: But you did that on purpose. You put your soul security in the online because oh my god, you think it'd be so funny if somebody stole it and realized that you didn't have any money, Like.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was funny. It was hilarious to be on the dark web and experiment with the dark web. But I admit that it's backfired.
Speaker 2: What look like?
Speaker 3: I just think now things are different from me. I'm moving up in life, I mean literally up a floor. So maybe you'd want to hang out again and we can grow together instead of growing apart.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the sentiment and thank you for reaching out, but no, Landon, No, I don't want to live with your mom.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, because tell me, are you dating anyone else?
Speaker 6: That's none of your business. I'm single.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a confession or something. I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's I'm not seeing anybody right now, but I plan on it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh okay, not seeing anybody until you say yes to the X and then you'll be seeing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not seeing anybody. Please say yes to the X.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's the whole goal of the segment and has the endorsement of every member of This Morning plus all of our listeners, all twelve of them.
Speaker 2: She just said no eight times, while you were talking.
Speaker 4: Well, she didn't. She didn't say it nine times. That's the magic number. I mean, you get nine lives dating.
Speaker 1: I will say it sounds like he really does care for you and love you.
Speaker 6: He lived his leg on fire with ex body spray. I will let you know.
Speaker 3: That he's a good I mean that was to prove that there should be a product warning on.
Speaker 2: Frat guys. But I'll put together on.
Speaker 6: Every aerizon landon Like, in all seriousness, you have way, way, way more grossy. You need to go through personally, and I support you. I hope you do before we ever have any type of conversation ever. And it's Kennedy, more than six weeks or six months.
Speaker 2: I support you with silence.
Speaker 4: But look, that wasn't a no.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a no. I thought, here's what, here's what I think we should do. Well. I want to check in again in six weeks, and I just want you to promise that between now and then you don't see anyone else.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like people taking time apart to figure out themselves before they get back together stronger than ever.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I always thought people were doing other people when they took time apart.
Speaker 4: That's what you do during your time apart to make yourself stronger. That's what it takes.
Speaker 3: I promise, and I guarantee, I will be celibate the next six weeks. I'll be like a priest.
Speaker 4: Your mom probably longer than that, if we're being honest.
Speaker 2: Rooms right below you're a man.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, it sounds like we're not gonna be able to get your ex to say yes, you said no to the.
Speaker 3: All right, well look for now she did. But six weeks later we're checking in radio.
Speaker 4: Look Jeffrey in the morning,