Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland. It's David Nihil Me second and third Comedy Off Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call E five nine two seven one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com.
Speaker 2: Coy Off Bronway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: Wednesday, April thirtieth, the last day of We'll be after today one third through the year of twenty twenty five. Feels like it just started. It is Wingsday here at Kasbar and Grill one dollar Wings today and tonight, So come on out and see us. You could join us here for lunch. We got where are you all? Where are you guys from Murray? Got some folks here for Murray here today. Uh, I'm nine twenty two eighty seven is the Clark's Pumping Shop. The lottery winning Clark's Pumping Shop sales. By the way, you all were way off.
Speaker 4: On the amount of money they get.
Speaker 2: Yeah all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys were like three point five million, one point five It was thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I thought they got a really high percentage.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 5: And that is not a high percentage. I think that's like one percent or something like that. But nevertheless, or no, it's like point one percent, but.
Speaker 4: Uh but still nice.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: The u A Vision Otto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this disition sponsored by the TJ's middle offus. If you call tj'll make them pay. First question today, why are you wearing a suit?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, after my photo and tops and lex for Exeku train was ridiculed, little Mario decides he's going to do a photo shoot today with me and my.
Speaker 5: He's going to Shin and I think take photos of Ryan and compare them to the photoshop.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I don't want any filters any nonsense, just a straight pictures.
Speaker 2: A straight picture picture.
Speaker 4: You've got the.
Speaker 2: Same time, same suit, ready to go.
Speaker 4: Did you did you moisture eyes?
Speaker 2: Well, I shaved. I got a haircut yesterday and shaved, so I'm ready for the photo shoot.
Speaker 5: We'll see, we'll compare them and see how it is. I think, you know, I think you look you look dressed up. You're not gonna look like you look in that picture because.
Speaker 4: You have your normal weight. You don't have whatever that was.
Speaker 2: You know, the more I look at the photo, I think there may be a little touch up. Maybe just a little touch up.
Speaker 4: I like how in the moment, though you insisted there was not, Well.
Speaker 2: You guys were saying, that's not my suit, that's my not my head on my body.
Speaker 5: I don't know that it was your body. I think it was something happenedrew. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: I think they kind of just shrunk the body and made the head bigger. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your body was straight. The thing wouldn't even suit for me. I'm looking at it again. It's your legs are not that long, You're the proportions of your body do not match. So you definitely stretched you out.
Speaker 4: But we'll know sooner. Moore, are you taller than that woman? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, are you Oh yeah, she's little. She's got but she's got heels on, which kind of makes her pretty close to my height.
Speaker 4: It looks like you have hills on too.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna recreate we create the photo shoot eight five, twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 5: We did trivia here last night. Ryan Lemon's team Shannon.
Speaker 2: I'll get right now, get wait till I say it, Okay.
Speaker 5: Ryan Lemon's Team Shannon came in second place and qualified.
Speaker 4: For the finals. Alright, not bad he did.
Speaker 5: Actually would have done even better except you you bombed the final question of the top ten highest grossing live action comedy movies of all time.
Speaker 4: You didn't do great on that.
Speaker 2: Now I got three of the ten, or we may have won the whole thing last night, Chan And.
Speaker 5: Would you know think about they're all made from nineteen ninety to twenty fifteen. What comedy movies live actions so not cartoons have made the most money, you gotta guess, and four of them produced sequel.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if he'd be called a comedy or not, but I mean I would see it like for as Gump as a comedy.
Speaker 4: Forrest Gump is not a comedy, comedy. What would you do? You have a guess? The hangover? Hangovers one of them?
Speaker 2: Well done, Hangover.
Speaker 4: Got the hangover?
Speaker 5: Wedding Crashers is one of them as well. So Shanon already has two. He's only one short to what you got last time?
Speaker 2: The third one. We got those two and got home alone. I think that is.
Speaker 4: Number one of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then there was a bunch of others like water Boy, Meet the Fockers.
Speaker 2: We didn't get that one American pie. Were they in there? That's actually kind of surprised that Jim carry Me was liar, liar, liar.
Speaker 4: Yes, so the elf elf, which they wouldn't listen to you.
Speaker 2: I tried to tell him elf, but my group didn't go with that. Will Ferrell movie nevertheless qualified the finals. Are you Are you proud? I'm very proud. We did a parade last night on Main Street, signed some autographs, took some pictures. I tell you what one of the forest though You're threw in a new little twist last night. Well you could circle one question in each round. It would double your points. We nailed that.
Speaker 4: Each round you knew which one to circle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the President question Trent knew all the president, so that was an easy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The question about the schools that are in the state capitals.
Speaker 4: Yeah we did.
Speaker 5: We did a question chan of what public colleges in the Big four are located in their state's capital, and there there were actually eleven of them, and so.
Speaker 2: You got all that nine of them.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, so we circled that one, so we had double points for those. I like your new twist.
Speaker 4: He's excited. I'm glad you like the tips.
Speaker 5: Well, the next time we're doing it is Tuesday, May thirteenth. We have two more qualifiers before the finals in June, so Tuesday, May thirteenth.
Speaker 4: Is the next I guess I'm gonna have to bring my team and get in this. You better so a great crowd here there wasn't energized and ready to go.
Speaker 2: I think I was a very gracious winner. I congratulate everybody on their participation.
Speaker 5: And no, you stood up and you yelled and you screamed. You were gracious in the sense that Kenny McPeak was gracious. Yesterday if we didn't even talk about this video, because I thought the video with Kenny McPeak is interesting. So Pat Kelsey and Kenny mcpete get a picture together. And and Kenny is a Kentucky fan.
Speaker 2: I grew up here in Lexington.
Speaker 5: Might even be listening to this show right now. Listen to this show quite a bit. And Pat Kelsey standing next to him. I think he initially thought Pat was one of the derby jockeys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get a photo.
Speaker 5: Man, you're on the six horse, right, But but he did not Who is the woman?
Speaker 2: Is that wife?
Speaker 4: Okay? So that's Kenny's wife. So and she's a Louisville fan allegedly okay.
Speaker 5: So so they stand there, they're about to take the picture. Pat throws the l's up and then Kenny throws the l's down and then his wife hits his hand and says stop that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So his wife is.
Speaker 2: A Louisville fan.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 7: I saw that in a tweet of someone that took a picture. So I'm gonna I'm gonna trust let.
Speaker 4: Me ask this question. I thought legendary behavior. I did.
Speaker 5: I tweeted it out last night. Louisville fans get very angry. Rather than just saying, hey, it's a playful thing. Clearly they like each other. They wouldn't even take the picture right, But there were people who thought that that was not good behavior. What did you think of throwing the l's down next to the coach? I mean, this isn't just throwing the l's down, it is you are standing next to Pat kelce.
Speaker 2: Playful banter on a rivalry like that. I'm all for it. And even if you're standing right by the coach and the coach is giving l's up, I'm giving ane l's down.
Speaker 5: That's okay. So that was gonna be my next question. You would do that absolutely. If we run into Pat Kelsey, Well, you're not gonna be at the track, But if you were on Friday and you ran into Pat Kelsey and he was like, hey, there's Ryan lemon Ksr.
Speaker 4: You're throwing l's down.
Speaker 2: If we get a picture taking like that and he's doing l's up, I'm definitely doing l's down, okay, because I can he and I can look you right in the eye. He's one of the few coaches I can look right and square in the eye.
Speaker 4: All right. What about you? Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I think if you're a true Kentucky fan, you have to do That's while we saw Kendy right his face, Yeah, Ryan said, he's doing the l's. It's not like you just walked up to him and start flashing it, which I might do anyway. But if you're next to me and you're putting it up, I gotta put it down.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, if I see him out in public, I'm not gonna run up into his face like some of Knox's fan is doomed. I'm not gonna do that. But if he's doing the l's up right next to me and then you can do.
Speaker 5: The L that's really It's interesting because I think I don't know that I would. I would do that standing next to him, like I don't I.
Speaker 2: I but he's doing though you think.
Speaker 4: I picture he's doing l's up.
Speaker 2: He's kind of yeah, good nature, playful fun, I think at that point, because it's playful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shannon's right.
Speaker 7: I think you'd look like a crazy person if you just ran up to him. The circumstance we're about to go to the Oaks. This happens to me almost.
Speaker 5: Every year at the Oaks or Derby, I go, some Louisville fan comes up and just like gets in my face and goes good Cord cord eat it make God card and I'm like, well you shut up, and so I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 2: But you're saying if it's playful, yes, so what if a Louisville fan can Hey Matt, I'm a little fan. I can't get your picture taken with.
Speaker 5: You in the picture they wails down yet, So if it was a Louisville fan.
Speaker 4: But is it any different because it's the coach. No, it's even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, he's doing it. He seems to be a good natured guy that he's Okay, there's a I mean, there's a decent chance we'll see Pat Kelsey if we take a picture.
Speaker 4: You're giving me permission to throw els down? Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think part of it though, is him doing l's up first. Okay, that's true, Like you're not being the jerk.
Speaker 5: Just picture floats around of me doing l's down with Pat Kelsey and I start getting blasted. I'm expecting back up from the gotcha we got your back now you you'll get blacked from the Louisvill fans.
Speaker 2: Bucket fans will be like, yes, sir, had a boy.
Speaker 7: One of my favorite Derby memories is you and I were leaving Derby and someone did L's up and Parent like, put your hand down, you look stupid.
Speaker 4: Put your well. But that was a little bit like they were up and yeah, over the top. But Paren. I remember the guy's face. He was like shocked that Paren was telling me to put his hand down.
Speaker 5: My mom always gets nervous when I go to Oaks or Derby because it is the most aggressive. It's the most aggressive that Louisville fans will get with me. Is it Oaks or Derby? I think it's a couple of things. One, you're in their city. There's a mass of them, right, and there's like that mass mob mentality. And then you know, usually by the end of the day a lot of them are drunk, and so that combination. If you were to say how many negative encounters have you had with Louisville fans, I would say half of all the negative encounters I've had have been at Oaks or Dirt Wow, because that's just that's like where they are at their you know, oaksy derbyst I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I need to show up just to be your bodyguard.
Speaker 5: You know, we don't have Paren this year, so that means Mario, you know Drew. Drew's kind of like a hummingbird as well. Okay, so we're gonna get push ups, werena eat you? I've got ready, I've got I've got tall and hovey. They're not exactly they're not exactly bodyguards, Tomorrio.
Speaker 4: This will fall upon you.
Speaker 5: To be the person that keeps me from getting knocked out at Oaks or Derby.
Speaker 7: But as owners of simply joking, do we not have security detail around us?
Speaker 5: I don't think And speaking of that for a second, we'll talk more about this later, but simply joking. At least three hundred people have used the KSR at joincommonwealth dot com, and I'm sure they think other people have that just forgot to put in the code.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, but I've been asked to pass on a message.
Speaker 5: Okay, Shannon, if you sign up to get shares of simply.
Speaker 4: Joking, that's good, that's very good. That's what we want.
Speaker 5: We got a hat that hat Friday. You can get the hat on the site. I was giving hats away, yes, yes, night to people who to people who've been loyal customers. If you were here, I gave a simply joking hat. But I have a message on as to pass on. It is awesome that you buy Shannon a share to Yeah, that's great. Do not call Churchill Downs and say you're an owner and ask for tickets.
Speaker 4: Oh man, apparently that has happened.
Speaker 2: It mustles. I got an email last night.
Speaker 5: There are people who've called and said, hey, can I get tickets to the Oaks?
Speaker 4: I'm an owner. Yeah, you can buy your tickets. Well, you're not gonna get them for free.
Speaker 5: You can't get owner's tickets though, like you can go.
Speaker 4: You could do that now, it's true, but don't do that because while you are it's like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's a lot of us. There's three hundred of us that are just in the KSR group. You can't call and demand owner's tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the email said, do not call Churchill Downs front office and ask for tickets as an owner. Here's the link to ticket masters.
Speaker 4: That's the special way you can get them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that means true, someone has done it, and I actually like to have heard that phone call.
Speaker 4: I noticed on the website too.
Speaker 7: It has all the the perks you get for being an owner, but it does say in bold does not come with tickets to Oaks or Derby.
Speaker 4: So you know when they do the other races, sometimes you might be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not not the Oaks.
Speaker 4: Not the Oaks.
Speaker 7: The site says there'll be opportunity to maybe maybe just look at it like the Green Bay Packers. Not everyone that owns part of the packers gets to sit on the sideline during the game and the.
Speaker 5: Owner stocking apple. You don't get a free ipho so right like you do?
Speaker 3: So do we own this horse for like till the end of its life?
Speaker 5: Yes, until whenever like you you like when they sell the rights and all that, the breeding like, yes forever.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I was just thinking short term.
Speaker 4: You know this is this is a rental. This is not a riddle. You have been in this tesla.
Speaker 5: Wow, So you know five twenty two eighty seven text machine is seven seven two seven seven.
Speaker 4: Four five two five.
Speaker 5: Well we found now about a new player Kentucky is looking at We'll talk about that and more. We are here at kspar for Wednesday. It's Kentucky Sports Radio. Before man, what about Tukey Sports Radio? If I'm nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven, it's an ask anything Wednesday as well.
Speaker 4: I forgot to say that, So go ahead, open up the lines.
Speaker 5: If I'm nine to two eighth, twenty two eighty seven, you can ask anything.
Speaker 4: We'd be glad to answer it. This is a good day to get your quest.
Speaker 5: Last couple of times that we've done or the last time we did this, a lot of the questions were like, Matt, what's Mark Pope gonna do with the point guard? You can ask any question. You can, for instance ask uh, well, I'm not gonna tell you what to ask. But Mark Pope, by the way, is going on John Rostein's podcast live at three o'clock. He will be on there, Rostein says, to talk about Saint John's Ukon or no, I guess no, sorry about that. He's interviewing Mark Pope. And then I guess Rostein is talking about Saint John's in Ukont. I don't know why he would talk to Saint John's in Yukon with Mark Pope, but that'll be it three o'clock. It looks like on Twitter is the link, so so Mark doing an interview. Hopefully that means we can get him in here next week or the week after.
Speaker 4: That's the goal.
Speaker 2: That's I was gonna say, Does that mean he's starting new the interviews. I mean, his roster is I.
Speaker 5: Don't think his roster's done. It came out yesterday. There were that they have talked to and maybe a visit with all Right, these names.
Speaker 4: This year are gonna be tough for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Like we made fun of him for Kobe Braa being Bobby a bray you, but these names this year, it's gonna be a little tougher.
Speaker 4: Divine Aga block cop. No, you go chuck a woo? That Yeah, that was way off. You go chucka woo. That's in my googling this morning. That's as close as I could get. Divine, you go chucka woo.
Speaker 5: He plays at Miami averaged five point five points a game, one hundred and ninety pounds shooting guard.
Speaker 4: Apparently is an outside shooter.
Speaker 5: This probably I read this Drew to be you're replacing a Travis Pear with a Travis Perry, but maybe a little more athleticism. Do you think that's the theory? Yeah, to fill that role. I don't know what he's basically recruit thirteen feet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I don't know what Devine's you know, what what he expects because he started fifteen or sixteen games in Miami to go from real starting a lot from Miami and then going to the UK's thirty. They were terrible, really bad. Yeah, really had a lot of people quit. But yeah, I would assume that's just we got to get another ball handler shooter in here with Perry stepping away. But it's already a crowded back court. So I don't know what Ugo Chukwu's expectations are, but I would say she should consider limited playing time if he is coming to Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a backup plan. I mean he's trying to fulfill every need, every spot in the roster, and that they need another backup guy to be a backup shooter for the next couple of years, and maybe this guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're gonna looks like they are going to fill that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just got the text mess It said, uh, I'm still not ready to do anything locally. He's he's still recruiting. So this was this. I guess that means there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Uh, So you know this one seems fine to me. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I admit I don't know anything about him. Miami games were like a torture to your soul to watch last year Travis Perry grape Vine says Maryland, old miss. I've seen some figures whispered about about Travis Perry that are an unbelievable amount of money. And if he is getting offered that by one of those schools kid had.
Speaker 4: To go, would you agree? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I kind of hinted of that when he first announced. I knew there were some big offers, but it seems they've only gotten bigger over time as these teams get desperate to plug holes.
Speaker 4: I mean I saw one.
Speaker 5: You know, think about how many numbers he probably was making last year just this year, amount of numbers in the number AD one.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, really, I think.
Speaker 5: Maryland is like buzz must have saw something he liked, because I think Maryland is like throwing some some some cash and.
Speaker 7: A lot of these teams they're a little behind. If you look at some rosters, there's a lot of teams that have needs and there's just not many options. So Travis is benefiting by being one of the last available on the board.
Speaker 5: Also, I think, yeah, a lot of times in life, I think I think we're gonna learn in this portal situation if you want to get a big payday.
Speaker 4: I think being first or last has a lot of benefits.
Speaker 5: I think when you first start and everybody's got full pocket books jumping on that's good. And then maybe being the last girl at the dance, it might be in the middle where you're actually get.
Speaker 4: Your least value.
Speaker 5: I think being like the first in the last may actually make you some money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then when you put it that way, you get lost in the shuffle, maybe in the middle a little bit. But right now he's standing out. He's he's if he's able to pull down seven figures.
Speaker 5: When they didn't say saving you said that, I just said figure than the other figures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I did the math and I came up with seven.
Speaker 7: That's said that, not me. I know he was really torn on leaving UK. That wasn't the plan. But if someone can probably double or triple your minutes and they're.
Speaker 4: Paying you more, he has to do that.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's not someone that's gonna have a long NBA career or anything, so if he can make good money right now as a sophomore, he has to jump on that.
Speaker 4: I just saw this man and rest in peace, this man that passed away.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna say his name, but for the when I saw that, I thought that was a joke.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that's anything.
Speaker 5: He was a real like, that was a real person, Matt's gout. And when they put it up, I thought, this is like a joke. But that was his actual name.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can say because it's his name, right, or you just don't want to get right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want Brian giggling. I'm just saying rest in peace to man. But when I saw that was his name, I thought, don't My literal thought was don't make jokes about that, about that? And then that was his name. So who's up first? Natty, Natty, go ahead, and.
Speaker 6: Natty hey, Mat, we named our fish Gemstone after your show recommendation.
Speaker 4: You named you named what.
Speaker 6: We named our fish gemstone?
Speaker 4: Fish? Okay, fish. I thought you said your ciss.
Speaker 5: I thought you'd name your sister Jimstone and I was like, well that's quite a name.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're fish. That makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then my question was what's your craziest out that you worn the derby?
Speaker 5: Probably this purple one right behind here with when I so I appreciate the cause I used to dress crazy for Oaks, nice for Derby, and I wore this purple it looks like the dude from McDonald's.
Speaker 4: What what was the.
Speaker 5: You look like the joker or the joker? Yeah, I mean it was I think I looked pretty good. The problem was that the hat was not the same color as the rest of the purple.
Speaker 4: It was a little lighter.
Speaker 5: But I felt I saw Marty Smith that day, who also wears crazy stuff, and he looked at me and goes, well, you brought it today. But it wasn't like an admiring statement.
Speaker 4: You are the time since then have you worn those purple pet and leather shoes? Zero?
Speaker 5: They they made my feet bleed. They were those were the ones that made my feet bleed. That was not a comfortable, comfortable thing.
Speaker 8: You had the blue turquoise suit you were war at one. Yeah, and I wore a purple one. And remember I was gonna wear a yellow one. And then the person I was dating at the time said your skin tone and yellow will not wear my We were talking about that yesterday, Mario, that white people shouldn't wear yellow, and uh, that Luca looks wearing a yellow tie. A tie you don't you don't want to wear like a yellow shirt, and.
Speaker 4: You've got that Panama City tan, so you're looking Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, if I'm two eighty seven. One person writes, I think I know who threw Ryan on the ground. I won't say his name because he works here, but we have I've come to the conclusion it's him. His name is not Chuck. But I'm contemplating whether to tell Ryan to set up an apology.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it. Let's do it. Set it up. I'm not gonna be a jerk to the guy, and just you know, I just want to hear him say, man, I'm sorry, should have done that.
Speaker 4: I've held a thirty year grudge towards.
Speaker 2: This man well and deservedly so. He almost ruptured my entire career right there in that moment.
Speaker 5: By the way, I think I figured out the Trent Noah comparison. Okay, I didn't feel good about the Derek Willis. I didn't feel good about Alex Poythous. What do you like about this one Darren feldhouse.
Speaker 2: That's not bad? Yep, big strong guy that could shoot.
Speaker 5: Yeah strong, not a big but also not a gar kind of in the middle like that could do a little inside, a little outside like that mountain.
Speaker 2: Yep, you like Darren Feldhouse. I think that's a good one.
Speaker 5: They can tell I hear a better one. That's the one I'm going with. We'll take a break right back.
Speaker 4: Ks. Sorry, Yeah, that's a good one. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Looking back Tucky Sports Radio A nine two twenty two eighty seven. A lot of people want to say Scott Paget for Trenton Noah. I like Felthouse better. Scott Paget was bigger. Scott Paget played in the elite. Now, maybe Noah will get to be that good. But you can't just throw a Scott Paget name around because he I mean, he played in the NBA for a number of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six'. NINE i like The fieldhouse because they're about the same, size AND i can.
Speaker 5: See His noah like six.' five, I know i don't care what, they listed? What what what is he? ACTUALLY LIKE i I think i've stood next, to HIM and i think he was just slightly taller.
Speaker 2: Than me that sounds, About RIGHT so.
Speaker 5: I think he's More Where's paget It's, Bit Yeah so i'm gonna Now found.
Speaker 4: House was, a rock you KNOW what? I mean like, he was he, was strong so like you got well have to see if if he ends up.
Speaker 7: LIKE that I consider pat yesterday for, my answer, but yeah he was a lot bigger and play.
Speaker 4: More inside Ask anything wednesday before we go to.
Speaker 5: The phone What About jannie Drew and Haliburton's dad if you haven't seen, the uh if you haven't seen the. Video yet, So, so yannis they lose, the game terrible ending For. THE bucks i think they go on An eight toho nine ozer run in forty Seconds The indiana and then at first the only video you Saw was jannis like going head to Head with haliburton's dad and you, were, Like, hey yannis. Hang on but then another video comes out That shows haliburton ran on The court haliburton's dad and was Chirping.
Speaker 4: AT jannis i gotta.
Speaker 5: TELL you I saw Shaq And charles barkley arguing, about It and shaq, was like he's always, out There and, barkley's like.
Speaker 4: You should people's dad should not be on.
Speaker 5: The court i'm All on, yannis's Side and i'll even go so far as to Say yan haliburton's dad's lucky he didn't get punched in the face last night.
Speaker 4: Any, other Player but janni's probably does hit him in. The, face, yeah yeah it.
Speaker 7: Completely unprovoked janni's just his season. Just ended he's, Not moving he's kind of just staring off into, the distance realizing what. Just Happened and halliburton's dad runs up to him a, crazy behavior and it just It takes haliburton hits the. Game winner indiana's moving on the next round and no one is talking About What. Tyrese, haliburton yeah his dad completely hijacked. The story and it's an.
Speaker 5: Embarrassing seeing would you agree dad shouldn't Be on briarents.
Speaker 3: Are always trying to get into their their, Son's business like.
Speaker 5: Past two days, Has passed halliburton's dad get off, the court like you should not be on.
Speaker 4: The court you certainly shouldn't be in.
Speaker 5: The News If, I'm tyrese, I'm, like dad, stay home what do? YOU doing i am a. Grown man it would be one thing if he was a. College kid What Is tyre's halbert, twenty seven twenty eight, years old and dad's out there wearing the jersey looking like he wants.
Speaker 4: To play yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah off, The court like doing this is not, Recreational ball this Is Not.
Speaker 5: Little League if, I'M honest i, WOULD well i wouldn't HAVE because i. Don't fight But if, i'm honest he is lucky he had. To hand first, Of all yannis is seven. Feet tall halburn's dad's like a little. Tiny dude what is he thinks?
Speaker 2: Gonna happen any other fan that, does that they get detained. And arrested he shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be allowed on the, Court again like it's one thing if you let people's parents on, the court but the moment you, do that he should never be allowed.
Speaker 1: On it.
Speaker 2: THAT'S right i think if if he wasn't, his dad he would have been detained. And arrested but. He's lucky what if he did that, to somebody like, You Said draymond green, or somebody he'd be in the hospital.
Speaker 4: THIS morning i honestly kind Of wish yannis had punched him in.
Speaker 5: THE face i think it WOULD be i think it would actually be kind, Of funny like see you want to.
Speaker 7: Talk, trash yeah he ran up in. HIS space i actually feel Bad. FOR tyre i believed him when HE said i had no idea what HAPPEN until i got to the locker room and saw.
Speaker 4: A video and then he was apologizing the.
Speaker 7: Press confrace again a moment that should be about him hitting a game winner And take. Indiana on, he said my dad was completely out.
Speaker 4: Of line he did, Say THAT yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't, HE said i didn't even know about IT until i got in. The back good for him showed me. A VIDEO so i just feel bad that he's having to answer that after what should have been a huge moment in.
Speaker 5: His career my, PARENTS would, i mean my what's hard to, ME is i can't imagine. Somebody's parents can You imagine larry walking out on the court after.
Speaker 4: A Game imagine larry walking on the court and.
Speaker 5: Go like first, of all he not only would he not walk on, the court he would just go up to him, and go, nice game, young man you really gave it. Your all hard like the idea that you would go up. AND yell, i mean even if he ran to celebrate with, the pacers you shouldn't. Do that but to seek out the guy who just lost that. That's Crazy and, shaquille O'Neal what's he talking, about, saying well he's always on, the court he should. Be There what first, Of all shaquillo neil would have knocked, him, out like are you can You think shaquille O'Neal would have let that guy yell.
Speaker 7: AT him i was actually very surprised THAT the tnt guys weren't on complete agreement that it was out.
Speaker 4: OF line i don't Know if shack just won't.
Speaker 5: Have it they must know that guy, or SOMETHING because i just there's no reason your Way when shaquill O'Neil, was playing that he would atlanted dude's dad run out on the court.
Speaker 7: And talk he would have knocked especially in. That moment your season just ended on essentially a. Buzzer, beater yeah, come on who's? Up, Next, Shit? Jeff jeff, Go, Ahead jeff.
Speaker 9: Hey there mat what's?
Speaker 4: Going on?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 9: Time?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 9: Uh yeah Not, Much so I'm uh i'm calling in hoping for some advice and maybe. SOME help i can.
Speaker 4: Give advice you Know that i'm an. Advice giver, All, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah so i'm about to graduate from School. In virginia, all?
Speaker 5: Right graduating are we talking. Graduating, college yeah, all, Right congratulations.
Speaker 9: Yeah College it's William. And mary, yeah yeah planning a cross country bike trip with some friends of mine after graduation to help raise money For The. Omens, foundation okay which supports young adults. With, Cancer Okay and i'm calling in because we are Coming through kentucky In, late May and I'M hoping i could get some advice on some places to stop and From the. Kiss audience we're Coming, To Huntington. West, virginia yeah.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna come In, FROM huntington i. Would say so if you're coming In, from huntington you're gonna go like Through. Northeast KENTUCKY so I mean i think like the THE places i think are kind of. Neat there you could go Down The Country music, highway right go through like uh You Know olive Hill And Paints full uh and uh You Know mount sterling. That area you're probably not gonna want to ride On the interstate since you're on. A bicycle, so yeah so there's, you know there are some roads back through there that you.
Speaker 4: Could.
Speaker 5: Do UH and i think you Go, to, lexington right AND then I think i would head down towards towards kind of bourbon Country Through. Woodford county there's there are a lot of good. Cycling roads people love to cycle, through there Down. Through bardstown THAT'S what i. Would do if you Come, Through lexington i'd love to have you come BY u ks bar while we're here one day and support your. YOUR trip i think that's. Very notable if you guys do and you'll have an, amazing time that'd.
Speaker 9: Be terrific we're certainly Going. Through lexington family, over, there well come make.
Speaker 5: Sure to contact me before and. Come, by okay congrats on, doing that and congrats. On graduation.
Speaker 4: Well appreciate by.
Speaker 5: The, way uh today is last day of school for THE for. Uk STUDENTS graduation. UH coming i want a lot OF our uk did, our players our, BASKETBALL players a lot of them probably graduating four or five.
Speaker 4: Years ago that were on. The TEAM but i assume we have some that.
Speaker 2: Were graduating wouldink there'd, be yes somebody finishing in a two YEAR postgraduate i.
Speaker 4: Was becoming, A professor, i think but, but yeah but.
Speaker 2: That's good it's kind of rare to have graduating seniors coming in through her. BASKETBALL program.
Speaker 5: I was i was around the campus area yesterday at my like, sauna place and people are. JUST everywhere i just continue to be amazed at how nice UK's campus is compared to what it used to be when you.
Speaker 4: WERE there i mean when you.
Speaker 5: Were there it, was essentially let's, be honest you went to school to. Parking garage and now it looks like a campus and like it looks like idyllic life in.
Speaker 4: SOME ways i.
Speaker 7: Was with someone out just a few weekends ago and he had GONE to uk, years ago and he, MENTIONED like i don't recognize.
Speaker 4: CAMPUS anymore i, WAS like i.
Speaker 7: Live, In lexington i'm around CAMPUS and I still i don't even recognize it because it's constantly. Changing everything so Brand New, hagen hall where many, people stayed is now like a. HISTORICAL marker i hate walking by that on the way, to games in the. Football games so it is just completely changed in the last time.
Speaker 5: You haven't by, the way if you have not been to, campus recently you ought to. Go visit in Front Of Memorial, hall colisseum they finally finished their their, statue thing and it's basically. Is it it's something for? Every county is it people? Who've died what?
Speaker 2: Is, it Yeah It's memorial colseum so it's. A memorial each county is on, a marker and each marker has soldiers and who have perished in the line. OF duty i Believe, in.
Speaker 4: Yes it is a really.
Speaker 5: Beautiful thing it's it's it's now out in front Of. The colisseum it's now up and it has each county and you. CAN see i don't think it's everyone that passed away in battle from those. Count counties is that somebody they went people who WENT to uk maybe who DID.
Speaker 2: See i thought it was all, war related well, war related but it can't be.
Speaker 4: Every person in. Every war that wouldn't be enough. SPACE there i.
Speaker 2: Don't know there's a lot of monuments.
Speaker 5: Out, there yeah there are, a lot there's like twenty, of them but it is still it is a Really neat i'm.
Speaker 2: Glad they did that cause that was in their original memorial. Colseum inside so now they've made it an effort to do that outside, of there and it's like marble and.
Speaker 4: All that it's really. Really. Nice.
Speaker 5: Uh folks with basketball, season over now's the time to tackle your perfect remodel for. YOUR house a, state, renovations, kitchens, baths basements and. Even decks they do. It right guaranteed pricing means no. Surprise cost you get a. Daily, update hey this is. WHAT'S happening a. Turnkey experience THAT'S what i would need SO that I don't i can't.
Speaker 4: Do anything. You can they'll take care.
Speaker 5: Of it it's A state renos, dot com A STATE r E N o s dot COM, mentioned ksr and you get half off of your design agreement with A state renos. Dot com one, quick message one. Person, rates matt my BROTHER and i bought shares in the. HORSE yesterday i was MORTIFIED when i came home and HE said I Called chill downs to see about, a ticket and they said we couldn't. GET them i want to apologize for. MY brother i don't know what made him think he could, do That but. I'M mortified i was mortified, the Moment and i'm mortified.
Speaker 4: Listening now it.
Speaker 2: Definitely happened they would have sit out That, even okay we all learned everybody.
Speaker 4: Makes mistakes they sure. YOU'RE shot i like, the effort, you know maybe they would, have, SAID yes i, don't know we'll take a break right back. To cancer. Welcome back It Is Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Sports Radio if i'm nine two eight oh twenty two, Eighty Seven Ask.
Speaker 4: Anything wednesday one, Person, writes matt.
Speaker 5: Did you see the story About The buffalo bills general manager calling into the radio show and yelling at the host and telling them they?
Speaker 4: Were wrong has that ever happened with You?
Speaker 5: At, kentucky well first, of all did you see the did you see? What happened there was a radio they were talking about the draft and they said, something, like oh you didn't get a, wide receiver you didn't get a safety.
Speaker 4: OR whatever i think it was.
Speaker 5: Wide receivers you didn't get, wide receivers And THE bills gm called, him basic just yelled at the guys and, was like we've got.
Speaker 4: Wide receivers what are you?
Speaker 5: Talking about we can't, have everything and like kind of yelled at him on.
Speaker 4: The, air.
Speaker 5: Yes that did almost happen once there was A COACH and i gotta say which one.
Speaker 4: There was a COACH at uk think of the two. Major sports so.
Speaker 5: Let's see i've been doing this through three football coaches in three basketball now four. Basketball coaches and there was A time i was doing a postgame show, AND uh i found out after the show, was over that's a coach tried to call into the postgame show on the way home to basically yell at me and was had the phone taken out of their hand and hung up before.
Speaker 4: It Happened and i'll just and It Wasn't.
Speaker 5: Mark pope so that's That's the so you can you can guess from the other six coaches who you think it was?
Speaker 4: Most, likely uh actually you all. DON'T know i don't know, the story but that would have made. Great radio who all don't know? This story i'm not.
Speaker 5: Gonna answer but who would you guess? It was so you got the choices would, Be, Uh, Brooks, Joker. Stoops, Gillespie uh i'm Here, For, Tubby, tubby Gillespieu.
Speaker 4: CAL pier i KNOW who i.
Speaker 2: Would, guess Okay well I'll. Guess, joker okay why just because things did not go well those, two years you were a little more brash back in those days and afraid, to, say yeah that's very TRUE what.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 2: See, him yeah you had a good relationship for a long time with a lot of.
Speaker 4: The guys DREW and I drove joker home.
Speaker 2: One, time yeah but you would be brash and not afraid to. Say Things, and.
Speaker 4: Okay who do you who who would?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 7: Guess cal first pot in, My HEAD but i Don't think cal would want to give the attention to the show by being a part. OF it i think he would choose to. Ignore it i'm Gonna Go mark STOOPS all i could see him being fiy enough and he knows you enough to, be, Like well i'm just gonna call in and let him know how it is?
Speaker 4: Right now? All, right chandon who would? You?
Speaker 3: Get that was my guess, as well because he gets fired UP and i could see him getting really mad at something you said and wanted to, Call You so I'd say stoops.
Speaker 7: As well and he's called the show several times on, positive NOTES so i feel like he wouldn't have an issue with popping on after the game.
Speaker 4: Or, Whatever well i'm not going.
Speaker 5: TO answer i will, Say this i've learned over the years that all of the COACHES that i MENTIONED except i have yet to hear This, about pope which doesn't mean it. Hasn't HAPPENED but i know for a fact all, those coaches at some point on their drive home from the game have listened and various points all of them have MENTIONED something i said during. THOSE scenarios I always i do think, about that because you know that last back half of the, postgame show the coach probably has time to be in the car and and be on the way home.
Speaker 2: By then and if they try to tell you they don't listen to, the noise they block.
Speaker 4: It out. They don't, They do none. Of them.
Speaker 5: They do there's not one person that's been here that does not know what the narrative is in, The media there's. There's nobody they can all. Say it they're, all lined every single one, of them because it's part of. Their job some, of THEM now, i think follow it more. Than others but they all. KNOW it i mean they when they don't, SAY that i just think that's the biggest bunch.
Speaker 4: Of nonsense, who's Next? Shin, jordan jordan, Go, Ahead, Jordan.
Speaker 10: Hey matt two. Quick, things one what are the CHANCES that uk would ever switch From a nike school to? Another brand and, then second with the athletics department now IN, an llc how long until Colleges across america just get rid of their athletics departments and they become like. Semi, PROFESSIONALS well i appreciate.
Speaker 5: THE call, I mean i don't know about get rid So well kentucky ever switched From a. Nike school my answer.
Speaker 4: Would be almost certainly know unless they get.
Speaker 5: An offer of money that makes it to where you have to, do it so, YOU know i mean when when they SWITCHED from IMG, to jmi it was because they got an offer that they could not say. NO to jmi was trying to basically create their entry into the broadcasting business and they decided to pay a lot of MONEY to uk to. Do IT so uk almost didn't have, a choice. You could so the ONLY thing i could say is the only way They'd leave nike is if some shoe or apparel company says we're going to pay you so much that you just can't. Say, No drew and, You know adidas kind of does That with Louisville. And Kansas they Adidas pays Louisville and kansas a ton because they don't want to. Lose them who knows that could happen, One DAY but i think.
Speaker 7: It's doubtful i'd say it's. Very Doubtful and barn just. SOMETHING crazy I think nike. Would match, there's brand there's a few brands they don't want to Lose in kentucky's one, Of. Them duke, you know they have some of the top brands in, college BASKETBALL and i Don't think nike could let that walk out their door and go.
Speaker 5: Somewhere, ELSE yeah I think nike takes pride in the fact that if you were to say one of the biggest brands, in football You'd Say, Ohio, State, alabama georgia and they have all. Of them and then you would say one of the biggest brands in basketball and You'd, Say, Duke Kentucky, north carolina and they have all. Of THEM so, i think, You know Adidas, Has kansas But what's adidas's biggest? FOOTBALL school, i mean Is? It louisville? YOU know, i mean like so even think of Who? Worse, TODA yeah i can't, really either. YOU know i Guess under Armour, has, Auburn right but that's that's.
Speaker 7: About it hope That if apex Ever called kentucky. Would, listen Though if apex wants to come back from the dead from nineteen, ninety four that's one we would have.
Speaker 5: To entertation as far as the, other thing would the Athletics DEPART Would uk sports ever just get rid of the athletics department and kind of run it as. A, Business NO but i think you're seeing what they're doing here is a step in. THAT direction, I mean i don't think they'll ever get rid, of it as as they'll always be an athletics department because they've got a report to a. State SCHOOL but i think what you're seeing now is a step Towards acknowledging ryan it's. A, business yeah and we've.
Speaker 2: Seen that we've talked About. That kentucky maybe the blueprint that other schools will now try to model her programs after.
Speaker 5: THE next, i, mean look the next decision for college athletics step one as they decide. To pay step two is they got to decide are you going to treat these kids as employees? Or not and there's a lot of reasons schools don't want to, Do that but at the end of, the day if you want to be able to impose restrictions and have a salary cap and try to make it to where kids can't, transfer year the only way you're gonna be able to do it is if you make.
Speaker 4: Them employees it's the. Only, way, SO.
Speaker 5: Like i just think they ought to just bite the bullet and, do it because if, they don't we're just gonna.
Speaker 4: Continue to see legal battles into.
Speaker 5: The future college athletics is the, only sport it's the only entity in the world where we want to treat people like employees and not call. Them employees so like they got to just, switch it and then you can start to impose order, by. Bargaining etc we'll take, a break. COME back i re number two here. At ksbar