Speaker 1: Second date, up date. A lot of places just naturally scream love and romance. Rustic wineries, rustic mini golf courses, rustic bowling alleys. Shows are so hot.
Speaker 2: That's just because of the previous person, as.
Speaker 1: Long as it's rustic inside. Another place that oozes with sexual energy is your local convenience store.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so apparently we're one of our listeners. Eddie met someone recently. Let's talk to him about it. Eddie. You, Doug, Welcome to the rustic studios of our morning show, How do you Do?
Speaker 3: I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Was it as romantic as Jeff is describing?
Speaker 3: No, actually was kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I went to a convenience store. I kind of go there all the time. I was just picking up a couple of items. Yeah, and I get up to the counter put it up. They bring me up and I forgot my wallet at home. O.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: So I'm like gitting there like an idiot, like patting myself up and down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna miraculously show up.
Speaker 4: It feels embarrassing when it happens, as if you did it on purpose for some reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I swear I have money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just snatch your items and run. What'd you do?
Speaker 3: No, I all of a sudden I heard this girl's voice. Then I turned around. She's like, hey, is that all you're getting? And I was like yeah, and she said, oh, I got you. I'll pay for it. And I was like, I was like no, no, no, like I mean, talk about a barren.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: It's probably just because she doesn't want you to hold up the line anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wanted to get the hell out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a girl that you're talking about that you met.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Oh so Samantha's.
Speaker 2: Cute with money. Huh wow, she bought your stuff for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she bought my stuff. So then I'm like, okay, you know what, she's cute, but I'm never going to see her again. So I'm like, cool, thanks, pay it forward all that stuff. And then next week I run into her again.
Speaker 2: No way your local store wait at the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clearly yes. So I'm like, oh my god, do you remember last week? And she was like, of course I do.
Speaker 1: Again, embarrassing you have only fourteen dollars by the way, yeah right there, Okay, there, I can sense a little bit of a flirtation though, happening just in that moment alone.
Speaker 4: Please tell me you use the opportunity to pay for whatever she was Bye, I did.
Speaker 3: That's exactly. It was like, let me pay you back. So then I just like took care of what she put up on that counter.
Speaker 1: You definitely should have made her pay again, just to show who was in charge.
Speaker 2: It's yours, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Well? I was like, so, you know, what are you doing the rest of the day. I figured I'd shoot my shot?
Speaker 2: Oh, the rest of the day like a date? Right then?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it was like, you know, it was like turning into evening. So I was like, I'm just gonna go home. I'm gonna watch some TV. I'm gonna like order some food. Why don't you like come and chill? And I thought she'd be like, oh, let me give you my number and stuff, but instead she was like, cool, I'm not doing anything. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Who does she mean?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Right then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we walked back to my place right then, your rustic place, I'm assuming it was yeah, Oh no, I definitely definitely clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, how did that go?
Speaker 3: It was great? I mean, the only thing that I can think is not great, is that I forgot to tell her or like I didn't even think about it. I didn't think it was a big deal that I have a small dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, sorry, I speaking for myself.
Speaker 3: As soon as she walked in, she was like, oh, I'm scared of dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, And I will say the little ones can be the most ferocious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my guy's super friendly, like he's a great dog. But no, no, not at all, not at all. He was like trying to cuddle up to her. And actually I was like giving her credit for like powering through. We ordered some food, we watched TV, and then she left and I was like, oh, there was no real chance for me to like take it to that romantic level because she was very preoccupied with the dog. Okay, so I thought it was going really it was going well. I should say it was going well, but I did, like I've kept texting her and I'm not getting many respect.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it could come down to that you have a dog, Like if she's scared of them, he's scared of dogs.
Speaker 2: Get over that.
Speaker 1: One day, she seemed like she tried, like you said, she powered through, So maybe she.
Speaker 2: Was uncomfortable, but she tried to leave. Is what it sounds.
Speaker 1: Are you mad your dog for dog blocking you?
Speaker 2: That's right, Jeffrey, the dog, he said, you still hung on.
Speaker 3: Usually, usually the girls are into the dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. This is unusual, but let's come back. We're gonna call Samantha for you, and we'll try to convince her to look past your dog and give you a shot when we do a second date update right after this. All right, man, hold on second Date update.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of a second Date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I didn't know what to label this segment for when we posted up on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey. Feel like it's either going to be convenience store qties, uh huh, that's kind of it, or dog blocked Raise the Wolf. So make sure to follow and subscribe and rate our podcast. Personally, I give it four stars.
Speaker 4: If you ask me, kid, I bet a lot of people are going to be searching Raise the Wolf.
Speaker 5: You should, yeah, But I bring it up because our listener Eddie met a girl recently at a convenience store twice on two separate occasions.
Speaker 1: The second time she ended up going home with him. Didn't know that he had a dog though, until she got there, and she turns out to be a little bit afraid of dogs, but tried to tough it out and hang with him till she eventually had to leave.
Speaker 6: Eddie.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, did she ever say that she ended up liking the dog? What's a dog's name?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's not do this, wondering if she ever said, like, actually, that wasn't so bad with Mo or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, she really was pretty tense the whole time, and she was really sweet trying to cuddle with her and everything, but.
Speaker 1: Said she was trying her best to like hang and cuddle with Mo. Is there any chance that we call her and find out that she's half wolf? The dog?
Speaker 2: Oh a dog, it's Doggie says.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you may have a vicious side, DoD mean mugging.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, no, that's not.
Speaker 2: Entertain Jeff. He's also questioning why he called in the show a questions.
Speaker 1: Like that, Jeff, I would like to have Mo on this call as a character witness, but a person you can't so let's just call Samantha and see what she has to say. Here we go, dollar number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Samantha.
Speaker 2: Are you driving a semi truck?
Speaker 3: Samantha, I'm not.
Speaker 1: What about a fighter airplane?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we should just ask if she's busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, you don't even know who we are. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Starry to interrupt your day.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi, Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know this is weird, but we're doing a segment called a second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you.
Speaker 2: Ever heard one of those before?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Well this is gonna be kind of fun for you, hopefully, because there's a guy who reached out to us. He's a listener of our show. Seems like a really cool dude. His name's Eddie, and he says that he hung out with you the other day.
Speaker 4: It was kind of a crazy story, like you guys had like an impromptu date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard a lot about it. And Eddie said he's trying to figure out a way that you guys can meet up again, but that's not happening for some reason, and he's not sure why.
Speaker 6: There's no way I seen him again.
Speaker 1: There's no way to see him. Why it seems like you guys had a chill time based on what we heard, and you obviously must have had interest because you went back with him to his house and after meeting at a convenience store.
Speaker 2: Don't sink you for so much judgment, Geez.
Speaker 1: That like the lead story at the top of the news at ten, missing girl meets Rando at convenience store more at eleven.
Speaker 2: You've always survived your convenience store meetup, So.
Speaker 1: Mine are pre arranged meeting. We're not talking about my whirlwind romances. We're trying to focus on Samantha's.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's beyond embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Wait, embarrassing for you.
Speaker 1: Or because he didn't have money? Yeah, and we love embarrassing things.
Speaker 6: I can't even say it, like, I've literally only told one friend about this.
Speaker 2: Really, what was their reaction?
Speaker 1: She was mortified. She was more mortified.
Speaker 2: Again for you or for him or for both of you?
Speaker 1: Good questions?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, how nervous?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Am dying to look. Can we just say, Eddie seems like he really really likes you. He wouldn't be reaching out through a radio station unless he really felt a genuine connection. He just wants to know what he did wrong. We promised we wouldn't judge you for it at all, no matter how embarrassing it is. We've literally heard everything.
Speaker 2: Say something more embarrassing after Yeah, I've lived a very humiliating life.
Speaker 6: Okay, but like you, guys have to promise you'll never tell him this.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell him, Yeah, I promise we will not say anything nothing comes out about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's not lay it on toothick.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's going on.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell you about his dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that he hadds a little dog named mo.
Speaker 1: He mentioned that you were a little bit afraid of dogs. Yeah, is that what you mean?
Speaker 6: I was trying my best. We were hanging out and watching a TV show and then Moe jumped up on my lap. Yeah, okay, god, this is so embarrassing, and my body just reacted involuntarily.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 6: I peed a little bit, sweet girl.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, we don't mean to laugh. We don't mean to.
Speaker 6: I know it's horrible, and I was just like, I was mortified.
Speaker 2: Dude, I have a best friend, Honest to god. She piece her pants.
Speaker 7: All from a dressing room. She was at a modeling thing one time. It was like, Brook, you never really this. I just wet myself. I don't know what to do. I'm stuck in the dressing room.
Speaker 1: This is a thing. Okay. I know Brooke doesn't always keep the best company, so it might not be the best.
Speaker 2: She's really great.
Speaker 1: She really is Okay that I could see you'd be a little bit embarrassed by that. Did he know that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I ended up asking any to like if I could have another drink, And once he went to the kitchen, I looked up. I saw there was a mark on the cushion. So I just like, I didn't know what to do, an I just slipped it over the drink the cushion.
Speaker 1: O the couch cushion.
Speaker 4: I totally would have spilled the drink and been like, oh, no, I.
Speaker 1: Thought so he tried to hide the evidence.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I was just like, I'm sorry, I have to go, and I just I'm still felting there.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that.
Speaker 2: That is that you do not have to be embarrassed by.
Speaker 1: If anybody should be embarrassed, it's me for forgetting to tell you that Eddie's on the other line listening to this conversation right now. That's that's my bad. I'm very, very embarrassed.
Speaker 2: You could add a little more remorse in your voice. Jeff.
Speaker 1: We live it up to our promise. We didn't say anything. Deddy that that all came out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I guarantee you he thinks this is funny.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not guarantee anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, make her feel better, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, going see Eddie.
Speaker 2: Make her feel better, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Listenmanta, listen. You don't have to be embarrassed. I'm glad I know now that I have to go home and no, no, no, but seriously, like you shouldn't have been so embarrassed, Like you could have just told me. We could have laughed about it, like it's not a big deal, and like you probably couldn't tell thankfully, But like that couch has so many days from other things. Okay, I'm just glad you didn't look at my dining room chairs. They are way worse.
Speaker 1: Things like that. I think we've done no job. We made it feel better.
Speaker 2: It just impressed election.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you guys, wait, do you feel better Samantha.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess, I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything. It's really seriously, it's not a big deal. You should not be like dwelling on this.
Speaker 2: Look at his pants just to make you feel.
Speaker 3: Better, right, if that's what it'll take. If that's what it'll.
Speaker 1: Take, I mean a guy who's will and to do that for you, Samantha, you can't let him get away. You gotta go out with him one more time, and we would pay for that second date. You can do it somewhere where there's no dogs anywhere around.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Samantha, I mean, Eddie, if we do end up picking out, my face is going to be beat red. If we hang out for like the first thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Well I'll think of my most embarrassing story and share with you.
Speaker 2: And then on your guys' first anniversary you can get her a set. It depends.
Speaker 1: So is that a yes, Samantha, You're going to se him one more time?
Speaker 2: Oh? I just pete a little with excitement.
Speaker 1: It's just old age broke.
Speaker 3: That's just what happens.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: A lot of listeners have been asking for this, and now your wishes are coming true.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited because Eddie.
Speaker 1: And Samantha are back on for an update update. How do you guys do it.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We're happy to get back on. Before we get to your relationship, Eddie, you mentioned during the call that you were going to tell Samantha about your most embarrassing date moments? Do you think things out? Did you ever think of one?
Speaker 3: I did? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, can we hear.
Speaker 3: All right? All right, all right, let's get it over with. Okay. I was in my early twenties. I was at like a house party, you know, like you do, and like, all of a sudden, the girl whose house it was pulled me into her parents' bedroom exactly. Yeah, right, and we start like making out and we're kind of like fumbling around, fooling around whatever, and I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I don't know where I was like, hey, you think your dad does this with your mom? Yes? And it was like instant mood killer, like you done, we were done.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would be worried if it wasn't an instant mood killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god. Did that make you feel better when you heard that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it really did.
Speaker 2: Where's your guys' relationship, bat Well.
Speaker 4: I can confirm we are still together.
Speaker 2: How is your relationship with the dog most Samantha?
Speaker 6: The dog actually is so sweet. She's actually made me less afraid of dogs in general.
Speaker 8: Gentle It's like happy, yeah, and I'm happy to report that next month we're actually talking about going to be moving in together officially, you.
Speaker 1: And the dog cut. We're so happy to hear from you. Congratulations. Make sure to keep us updating. It's brooken Jeffrey in the
Speaker 6: Morning, Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning,