Speaker 1: Hour two Sean Hennery Show this Friday, eight hundred and nine FOURT one, Shawn on number. If you want to be a part of the program. So something happened this week. I'm gonna play you cut of it. But there is a group Act Blue. We've talked about them before. They were called before Congress for hearings on alleged foreign donations.
Speaker 2: I'm reading from the Hill.
Speaker 1: Act Blue CEO Regina Wallace Jones Wednesday went in refused to answer questions during her testimony before the House Administration Committee regarding allegations of the organization funneling foreign campaign donations two Democratic candidates in federal elections, and she was constantly invoking her Fifth Amendment right now. Wallace Jones vowed to not to answer any questions during the hearing in an earlier op ed published in The Washington Post, and she held firm to her pledge on Wednesday, refusing to answer a single question and invoking the Fifth Obviously, you're allowed to do it. As a matter of fact. If I'm a lawyer and you want to avoid the possibility.
Speaker 2: Of a criminal referral for not.
Speaker 1: Cooperating with Congress, you're allowed to invoke the Fifth that is your right, that is your constitutional right. So I'm not taking that away from her. However, why don't they want to answer Atlue the Act Blue CEO, other Democrats, you know, they're claiming the probe into these foreign campaign donations are an attempt at political retribution, and that lawmakers you know, are trying to investigate contributions you know, from other sources, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so in a second, we're going to be.
Speaker 1: Joined by Congressman Brian's Style, who at the time put up on X. The CEO refuses to answer any of my questions. Did she mislead Congress about illegal foreign donations flowing through Act Blue? I don't care if she answers questions or not. I'd like to get the answer to it. Let me play, Regina Wallace Jones repeatedly pleading the fifth.
Speaker 3: Your letter claimed that passport information is required from donors providing an address outside the United States. In November twenty twenty three, when you wrote that letter, did every Act Blue donation that provided an address outside the United States require passport information?
Speaker 4: On the advice of Council, I respectfully declined to answer the question pursue into my Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution.
Speaker 3: Okay, your letter also claimed that Act Blue would contact a donor to request passport information and the contribution appeared to be from a foreign address, and you told this committee that the contribution would be refunded if Act Blue was unable to make contact with the donor.
Speaker 5: Is that correct?
Speaker 4: On the advice of Council, I respectfully declined to answer the question pursuing to my Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution.
Speaker 3: Well, we have reason to believe that your letter in twenty twenty three was not correct because, according to the New York Times, donations that were made through third party apps like PayPal or Venmo that passport information was not always required. So what's true the twenty twenty three letter you sent me or the New York Times article.
Speaker 4: On the advice of Council, I respectfully declined to answer the question pursuing to my Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution?
Speaker 2: All right? Joining us now is Congressman Brian Style.
Speaker 1: He's with the first District of Wisconsin, Chairman of the Committee on House Administration Subcommittee on Digital Assets. Well, I mean that was frustrating. She won't even tell your name. But with all that said, what are you really investigating and how bulletproof do you believe that this evidence is?
Speaker 2: Is it incontrovertible?
Speaker 6: Sean?
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me on. I think what we have seen is Act Blue continue to display a profound disrespect for the principle that only Americans should be deciding American elections. This investigation began because of my concern that foreign funds were entering US elections through Act Blue. Miss wall Jones, she could have had a chance, she could have set the record strate in particular refuting the New York Times reporting that she lied and misled Congress in twenty twenty three. She refused to do that. She cited her Fifth Amendment right twenty two times. But the allegations remain, and the evidence is building on this that she misled the committee, that they failed to fully comply with subpoenas we know they had a mass exodus of staff as we dug into of them in twenty twenty four. And in particular, the concern here is that there lacks fraud standards at Act Blue. In fact, they reduce their fraud standards and the lead up to twenty twenty four that that allowed foreign funds to flow into US Democratic candidates across the country in the twenty twenty four election. Highly concerning and at the end we have to get answers to this.
Speaker 2: Oh, I totally, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 1: What do you think, do you really, in your heart of hearts put this organization out of your mind for a second? Do you believe that foreign countries are funneling millions, maybe billions into our campaigns in this country.
Speaker 7: Well, we do know factually that foreign persons have made contributions illegally into US campaigns. We've shown that, We've documented it. We know that at Act Blue there's multiple multiple events where actors attempt to the funnel funds illegally into campaigns, nine of those with a foreign nexus. We know foreign nationals have moved funds into five oh one c organizations that they claim or issue advocacy but are really political operations. We've documented all that. Then the question is what is the scale that this is occurring under? Is it a one off or is it a systematic problem? That's where the investigation began. What are the fraud prevention standards.
Speaker 8: That we know?
Speaker 7: Act Blue is attempting to prevent any of these foreign donations from occurring because they're illegal. And what we have shown is Act Blue has had weak fraud prevention standards, so much so that they reduce the standard going into the twenty twenty four election, and then going back to the beginning of the investigation, where I asked very clearly of Act Blue, what do they do if the address, again, the address is outside the United States, so an individual with a foreign address is attempting to make a nation. They laid out what they do. It is only recently that we discovered that that was not true. They weren't vetting all donations being made from a foreign address where the individual is known to live outside the United States, to confirm that that person truly was a United States citizen. Of course, the only person that can donate two campaigns is a US person, and so we know the problem is there. We're trying to understand the scale of the problem. And now we know that Act Blue actively worked, according to the New York Times, to mislead Congress. That alone is a crime, and that is why we're working so hard. As I chair the Committee on House Administration along with my colleague Jim Jordan and James comer to actually uncover exactly the scale of the rot that is occurring at act Blue.
Speaker 1: Wow, pretty spectacular. You know, we don't need foreign countries influencing our elections. You know, I had an opportunity after radio yesterday to speak to a group of people and the issue of antisemitism came up. And we see the rise of anti semitism worldwide. We see it in the halls of Congress where you work, We see it pretty much everywhere college campuses, the punditry class, and you see a lot of it online. One thing I have confirmed with my sources is that our top geopolitical foes have are absolutely spending hundreds of millions of dollars to advance this antisemitic narrative online, specifically targeting the most vulnerable young people places like Instagram and TikTok and other social media platforms. Is that true? Has that been your experience?
Speaker 7: There is without a doubt that foreign countries and individuals that don't share our values from outside the United States are trying to persuade American citizen sins on their political beliefs, and they've become quite effective on that. You raise it exactly right as you identify anti Semitism, but you also see it in a push towards egregious socialist policies.
Speaker 9: And so this.
Speaker 7: Broader focus that I've had as a chair Committee on House Administration that oversees federal election law in the House is a real need to crack down on foreign funds from entering the US political system. I think we have a real challenge, and social media has spread as a major source of news for the next generation, that we have a real firm understanding on exactly where the funding is coming from, is driving forward these radical advertisements that we see time and time again.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate the work you're knowing. If there's any update or any evidence that you can present, my radio show, my TV show is available to any time you want it, because I think this is critical that we not have outside I had influences in our elections, and I really do appreciate the work you're doing and Congressman Louder Miracle is doing in others.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much for having me on Sean.
Speaker 1: All right, Congressman Brian's style, Thank you from Wisconsin. Eight hundred and nine point one. Shawn is a number if you want to be a part of the program. Bill is in my free state of Florida. Bill, Hey, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks for taking the call. Yesterday. You were speaking about fish and your neighbor, your friend, not being able to collect but or take a certain size, and that's just to perpetuate the species. The mating size is a certain size the juvenile. Take them out of the reading population, the species will die and then there'll be no fish for anybody in the fish or well.
Speaker 2: Let me explain.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, my friend Keith is a fisherman and he lives where I lived in Long Island was next to.
Speaker 2: A body of water.
Speaker 1: It's called Oyster Bay, Okay, and they do have they've been known for oysters. They also have a lot of clams in there, and it's great fishing ground. You can catch bluefish, you can catch stripe, bass, you can catch you know. I used to like to go out there with the Roden reel and just you know, catch snappers and just have kicks and giggles. I've never been a big fisherman, but it's kind of cool to do. Grab a beer, have a good time, right every once in a while, relaxing. But he is a passionate fisherman. Now, if he wants to keep he catches like four or five stripers every morning he goes out, and he tries to go out every day. You can only a keeper is defined as twenty eight to thirty one inches.
Speaker 2: It's a three inch margin. You know.
Speaker 1: Right now he's catching stripe bass anywhere from twenty eight to forty one inches, and it's really unbelievable that he can't keep the fish that he catches.
Speaker 2: And I say this in light of the.
Speaker 1: President having our friends from Catch in the Oval Office yesterday and opening up waters that have been closed under Biden. To fishermen, this is how they make their living. Now, I understand conservation needs and concerns. You can overfish. I think there are other ways to deal with that. But I think, just like climate alarmism, I think they always go too far and they never think of hard working men and women. When I watched Deadly as Catch, which is if you've watched that series for years like I have, you know that many of these guys that go in the burying sea in the worst conditions, many of these guys on this fleet of boats that they follow have died because that job is so freaking dangerous.
Speaker 2: Mike Grows chronicled all of this.
Speaker 1: We've had them on air talking about it, and my heart whenever I hear that, I literally get sick to my stomach because I think these guys are heroes. There's something to me to the fact that Jesus picked twelve us upuscles and they were fishermen, and but they work so hard and you kind of live through the emotional highs and lows that they have to go through. You know, they think they're going to catch a lot of crab, they don't catch any. They don't think they're going to catch any and they catch a ton, and they have to meet quotas and the pressure that they're out there, and they're out there for weeks and weeks and weeks, and the freezing cold and the worst conditions and fifty sixty foot squells I don't know, I mean three inches really to make that you can't expand out a little bit. He can catch five, six, seven a day and not even get one keeper.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it's something wrong with that?
Speaker 8: That's the slot. That's just what they've determined. It is by science. They determined that. Of course, sometimes science is wrong, but without.
Speaker 1: The I mean, like the science of COVID, of the science of climate alarmism, which they're now telling us they were all wrong about. You know, there's plenty of fish in that in that you know bay that he fishes in plenty.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just can the government get out of our life? You know, we'll take proper men, you know who I had A friend of mine was a clamor years ago, and when he'd go out every morning dig for clams for hours and hours, and he made a good living actually doing it. And among the clams that he would be able to dig up, he'd also dig up, you know, the seeds for new clams, and he always planted them in a specific area, so he'd go back a few years later and dig up and like hit a gold mine.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the people that are most preservation centered tend to be the people that make their living doing it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, what do I know?
Speaker 1: I hear what you're saying, Bill, Anyway, I find governments so impressively just intrusive in our life. All right, let's get to a busy telephones. Let's go to Tennessee. We have Angel Angel. Happy Friday. Glad you called hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, what's going on? Happy Friday?
Speaker 5: Happy Friday? John, A longtime listener. You me and my family. We know about a lot. Yeah, one question, Yes, sir President. Now they that I'm in Lady got all the fields thieves are coming from in gasoline destroyed, went in that force China and everybody else to come to America and give us the money.
Speaker 1: Well, we're the number one producer and net exporter in the world right now.
Speaker 2: How cool is that? And you can thank one person for that, and that's Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 1: And you know when I was vetting the President when he was thinking about running for office, and we had deep conversations long into the night. I remember many about energy, oil, energy, dominance, all of this, and you know, we had we you know, it was funny because at that time, you know, we were friendly and then he was thinking about running for president and we started having conversations. I said, I'll never support you if you're not a conservative. I just won't and that got his attention. And then as these conversations went on, I began to listen to a guy that thought out of the box. And one of the big issues that we did talk about was the economy, another one was national security, defense and energy, all of it. We talked about everything. It wasn't anything I can't remember. We talked about and I came out for him. I think I was the most prominent conservative voice on the airways that came out first. I might not have been first, but you know what I mean, one of the first. And I took a lot of heat from other conservative talk show hosts and personalities. That went on for like three or four years of my life. How could I do this, I'm not a real conservative, etcetera, etc. Now they've all there were a bunch of Johnny come latelies, you know, or in and out. I like Trump by a Trump, but I mean, you know, they can't make up their minds on anything.
Speaker 2: But that was a big part of it.
Speaker 1: Now, can the president take over carg Island and take over Iran? Yeah, but that's not part of his doctrine. That's never been a stated part of the mission. I don't want him to do that myself. I think that you have ninety four million Iranians that he's had to factor into his decision making before he blows up their entire infrastructure and economy. That it can't be repaired for a decade or more. And hopefully, I see what he's doing now. He gave them a period of grace to get their act together. They didn't do it, and now he's negotiating with bombs and so far it seems to be effective. And hopefully, you know, we'll get to this memorandum of understanding and a deal and with by the way, there's going to be anywhere, any place, anytime inspections. I was told, so you know, hopefully we'll get it all done. They're not getting one American dollar and they only get paid based on the actions they take and the benchmarks they meet.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you for answering that question for me.
Speaker 2: Really, you're very welcome.
Speaker 1: All Right, my friend, Angel, you have a great weekend. All right, have a good time with your family. Let's go to Texas. God bless Texas. This Friday, Mike, you're on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 9: Well, Hota, Sean, and I appreciate you taking my call on this Friday and the greetings from Malone Star State. I've got something kind of quick and if you could weigh in, I'd appreciate it. In all of President Trump's plans to celebrate the nation's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary the fourth of July. I think I have yet one more that maybe he's thought about, maybe he hasn't. One hundred years ago, when we celebrated the Sessqua centennial year, the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary, the Liberty Bell was rung by the Mayor of Philadelphia's wife, and she used a golden hammer to tap the bell at midnight on the eve of nineteen twenty six, and she tapped it again at night at the end of nineteen twenty six. Now we've already passed that. So I was thinking maybe the fourth of July that would be an excellent opportunity for maybe the first lady to use a golden hammer and celebrate the tour.
Speaker 1: I love the idea. There's a lot of cool stuff planned. I'll probably start making announcements next week about some of our travel plans because we're gonna we're gonna kind of going deep into you know, America's two fiftieth and some really fun stuff, cool stuff that we're going to announce.
Speaker 2: So you know, I hear what you're saying. Yeah, Well, I like the idea.
Speaker 9: I thank you. I appreciate that. I just figured, since since they did it one hundred years ago to bring in the one fiftieth, why can't we do it again on the two fiftieth. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I love the idea.
Speaker 9: So I know you got the President's here, and hopefully you'll let him know about it.
Speaker 1: I'll be glad too. I think it's a great idea. And you know, I have a great relationship too with the first lady. You get along great with her. I wish people knew the Trumps the way I did. I wish people knew Malaney the way I do. I wish people knew Donald Trump the way I do. You know, you get to see glimpses of him, but I'm just telling you in real life he is Number one, he's generous to a fault, to the point where you know, I think people take advantage of him. Number two, he's one of the funniest people with a wicked sense.
Speaker 2: Of humor that you'll ever meet in your life.
Speaker 1: There's also I've never met somebody that has a passion for what he does every second of every day like him.
Speaker 2: He does not stop. I have talked to this.
Speaker 1: Guy every hour on the hour around the twenty four hour day, at some point, multiple times. And the fact that he knows I'm usually up if he's up, well, Linda knows I'm up because you'll wake up in the morning and then all of a sudden there'll be fifteen hundred you know, story ideas that I center.
Speaker 10: I see that.
Speaker 11: During the night, just so you know, I don't wait. I don't just wait till the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you write me and say I'm up too.
Speaker 11: Because I'm not really up. I'm up because someone's texting me. So I don't want to further encourage the behavior, but I'm letting you know I do see it at three thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: You just never know.
Speaker 1: With me, it might be it might be ten o'clock at night after the TV show. It might be three or four in the morning, might be six in the morning, might be nine in the morning, might be after my workout. It never stops. Its Saturday Sunday. I don't stop. Have I ever stopped? Is there a day I take off? I don't think so.
Speaker 11: No, never ever.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's a good thing. I'm committed to my job.
Speaker 11: Listen, it keeps you healthy. I always remember, you know, my grandma saying that to me. She's like, I'm going to work till I drop, because if I'm not working, I am going to drop. And I always thought it was funny because it's probably very true, especially for people that like to work.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird because I have had a few friends retire. I'm older than me, but they retired, and before the retirement, they're all they just describing this I delic situation. I'm gonna go fishing, I'm gonna play golf, I'm gonna travel, I'm gonna go to great restaurants. I'm gonna do all the things I've ever wanted to do. Inevitably three months in without with very few exceptions.
Speaker 2: There are a couple.
Speaker 1: They all hate where they are and what they're doing and they want to get back to work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because you need purpose, Like I here's my thing. If you want to retire and you want to take that time, I think that's great. However, you still have to have a purpose. So you need a project. You need to do something with a nonprofit. You need to volunteer at the church, you need to teach some classes, do tutoring. You know, whatever your passion is. Yes, you have to have a reason to get up every day. It's important.
Speaker 1: Well, I know people that don't do anything when they get up every day, and you know what I see in every case, they start to disintegrate, their minds are dulled. I know people that will like sit in a pool all freaking day. No, that's wow.
Speaker 2: Could you ever?
Speaker 1: First of all, I haven't been in a pool since my kid's a little I you know, I love to look at water. I love that I have a pool, but you know what, everybody uses the pool but me and I love watching them having a good time in the pool, but I have no interest in going in that stupid pool.
Speaker 2: I don't know my wrong to think, though, I'm just I don't think so.
Speaker 11: I think there's I think there's a few different classes of people. There are people who will do just enough. There were people who don't do not enough. And there are people who are always trying to do more, give more and be the best of who they are. And then there's people who complain about it all the time, which is also very annoying. But I think people who retire and don't have a goal and don't have a plan. It's just you're one hundred percent rice. They just fade away.
Speaker 2: It's it's sad. I mean, if the worst thing.
Speaker 11: That's why you argue with Stephen A. Smith because you like it. It keeps you humble.
Speaker 2: Mentioned it earlier and I was going to play, and I forgot. I'll be hond me. All right, let's play steven a from last night. This was funny.
Speaker 1: I never thought he was a superstitious and we love Steven Abe.
Speaker 2: Let's play it.
Speaker 12: I take no offense with the President coming after me the way that he did. People go after him every day. I certainly went after him. He has every right to come back and clap back at me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. He ain't phasing me one bit. But this man was raised in Queens, New York. Lifelong Knicks fan knows about the suffering that spans fifty three years. And when you are a truth sports fan, you know every little thing could disrupt the momentum. You have watch parties outside thousands of people, you have rabbit fans inside people throughout the state gardens in Central Park, Bryant Park, and throughout the state of New York. Are on fire. The momentum is there, incredibly intimidated, and what.
Speaker 10: Does this guy do?
Speaker 1: He show up.
Speaker 12: They got to get rid of the watch party. He disrupts the momentum and the fervor. And that is why I blamed him for the loss to Game three, I said, because he's a New York fan.
Speaker 2: He's a New York Nicks.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was so superstitious. Yeah, but here's the deal.
Speaker 12: I'm not moving traffic, I ain't got secret service, and I got to cancer. I have watch parties can't do and I'm not affect like that resident.
Speaker 2: That's what he did.
Speaker 1: He Oh man, he cracked me up, blest. I was dying, all right, quick break right back. We'll get tomorrow of your calls coming up. Eight hundred and ninety four one sewn. If you want to be a part of the program, Final Hour Free for All coming up. Oh, good friend, Charlie Daniels Junior will join us. They're going to honor his father for America's two fiftieth.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you about that. Where it is, how you can go.
Speaker 1: It seems really special, and you know, we'll start talking about some of the things we'll be doing as well, and your call is coming up straight ahead this Friday, eight hundred ninety four one Shawn.
Speaker 10: The final Hour roundup is next. You do not want to miss it, and stay tuned for the final hour free for all on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: Back to our busy phones toll free this Friday, eight Shawn is our number. Jenny is up next. I'm not sure where Genny's from.
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Jenny Central New York, Jenny from New York. We have a little over a minute. It's all yours.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday, Tap Friday to you, Sean. I'm quick and as to think as possible. You know, the thing with the nuclear arms and people are you know, shit, we don't know we have them and all the nonsense. Do you remember duck and cover?
Speaker 5: I do old enough to remember that.
Speaker 1: In schools where kids would get under their desk the duck they'd cover.
Speaker 6: And they scared the crap out of us, didn't they With that? They showed us they did what a nuclear weapon did and how it vaporized things, and and so people our age have a real understanding of what nuclear war means. I don't think this younger generation does.
Speaker 1: You know, oh, look, every generation will face their own challenges and difficulties. I get it what I've tried to instill my children as an understanding of past generations about my parents, my grandparents. Did my kids see how hard their dad works? Mike, I've never been closer to my kids, thank God, because I love them with all my heart and soul and watching them become the people that I think they were born to be is the greatest satisfaction a parent can have in life. And you know what, they will have their challenges. Everybody does. Whether you grow up rich, poor, doesn't matter everybody. God will bring everybody to their knees at points in life. I call it the dark Knight of the soul. Right flows the river of God, and those moments could actually be the most helpful in your life. Ginny, I've got to run. It's Friday. I hope you have a great, great weekend with your family.
Speaker 2: Okay,