Speaker 1: This is the most traumatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. And this time I'm not alone. Well, I know sometimes Lauren Zima is here with me, but I'm not alone today because joining me again for his second episode is former Bachelor times too. Brad Womack. How you doing, Bud?
Speaker 2: Doing great? And thank you for having me. Man. We always good to see you.
Speaker 1: I welcomed you into my home because a You're a good friend, You're a good man. We have kept in touch over the years, which I am so grateful for, and you live here in Austin. Kind of I think, honestly that's a weird one is that I don't know the answer to that I got and maybe you don't know the answer to that either. We're going to get to that in a little bit. But you're nice enough to drive across town and join me here at the house today. You were the Bachelor twice, the only person in the history of the show two decades that was the Bachelor two times, and so we had to do a double episode with you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that very much. I'm just glad to be here with you man. I like hanging out with you.
Speaker 1: And if you missed episode one with Brad, go back and listen to it. Holy cal there were some fireworks, breaking news stories. Yeah. So it was two thousand and seven when you were the Bachelor for the first time, and obviously famously you had walked away. You didn't choose anybody, but while you kind of got hammered a little bit for it, at some point, like a year or so down the road, there was an emotional shift in the country towards Brad Womack. I felt it. Did you feel it all of a sudden people forgave and loved you again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But you know, I can very happily say that I did feel that for whatever reason, and I'm grateful for it. To anyone listening that is on the positive trajectory, so to speak, thank you. I needed that. But yeah, I did feel that, and it felt damn good.
Speaker 1: I think, if I were to guess, being the psychiatrist I am for the country, you stayed true to yourself. You never wavered, You never gave in to say things that would have made you popular or taken the heat off at the time. You took it all. And I think owning up to it was big, but also be I think people realized after a few more seasons of kind of fake proposals and breakups, they saw you and said, maybe he was the most real we ever had. Oh well, and I think there was a respect factor of I do like this guy, and that was the most emotionally intelligent thing to do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man.
Speaker 1: There was this ground swell of support that brought you back into the good graces of everybody.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I did feel it was and it was so welcome, man. I mean we discussed it first episode that that was a really rough time after the first season and so, and we discussed I care what people think about me, and so, Yeah, it feels really good to feel that. I guess the tides turned, so to speak.
Speaker 1: But there had to be a bit of a sour taste with how you had left, not just not the show, but production because that final day, if you if you heard in the first episode it was contentious. Sure, it was brutal. They really went after you and in a not so nice way. Sure what made you want to want to not just do the show but get back in bed with them again?
Speaker 2: Sure, you know, I think I don't judge anybody on this earth for one or two interactions, right, I mean, I just don't. And you know, you have to realize, or I have to realize. You know, that show is a machine. There's a lot of production value behind it. There's a lot of money behind it, you know, and I'm sure ratings for one season depend on budget for this next. All of the interesting. So if I in any way disrupted that, I can understand the anger.
Speaker 1: But you didn't. I mean, your show is highly rated, thank you, sir, But the only reason you were invited back to the party is the first party has to be a success. Trust me.
Speaker 2: I love the honesty.
Speaker 1: They don't do things out of the kindness of their heart.
Speaker 2: No, they don't. I've learned that. But okay, so well that's well said. But maybe it was the unknown. I don't know. But bottom line is, I really don't. I mean, I like to give people room to be who they are, meaning we all react. I mean, you've seen me react very angrily at times, and hopefully that's not, you know, a soul telling sign of my character, you know. And so anyway, but the reason I wanted to jump back in, I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. I believe in the show. I do call me a hopeless romantic, but I genuinely believe in that show, or I at least believe that you can meet somebody no matter where you're at, and she might be the one or he might be the one.
Speaker 1: And so it's twenty ten or three years later, yes, sir, and we come back full circle and bring back Brad Walmack. And this is a very popular choice by now. Off screen, you and I are very good friends. We've hung out several times. I think. I think it was after when I was actually dating somebody from Austin, Texas.
Speaker 2: When I didn't want to bring that up.
Speaker 1: You bring it up.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't have to say who it was. I came to town and I called you, and I just was going to go to dinner or whatever and see you as I always did when I came into Austin and you said, no, no, man, come and stay at my place. Of course, man, you let us move into your place. Sure for a whole year. And here's the best part. You had this spectacular two or three bedroom condo and you know it's amazing. So we get there and I assume we're going to be staying with you. You left, of course, you packed up, and You're like, I'm gonna go stay with my brother Chad. And I'm like, dude, you don't. I'm not kicking you out of your house. But this is the kind of guy Brad is. He leaves and gives me the keys to his condo for the weekend. What you're just You're such a good guy. It was unreal. And the other thing that really blew me away, and I didn't finish the story in episode one. Yes, you gave me a shirt and he gave me a parting gift after the show. But there was another time that I saw this guy and said, could this be real? Is he really the nicest guy I've ever known? My fortieth birthday remember that? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course of course.
Speaker 1: So my fortieth birthday, I came here with all my family and friends to celebrate over on Lake Travis and I rented a house and we know, we had the boats, the jet skis were having a great time. We pull up to the house and there's it's like, you know this is it's actually kind of pre Airbnb. It's just a rental shirt. So We're renting this house, and there's somebody scurrying out of the house, and I'm like, son of a bitch, like this thing's supposed to be empty, and I'm trying to impress my friends and family. I want this to be awesome. And somebody is here and I'm like, what is going on? And I see this person back, you know, coming out of the house. And now look and we get closer, that's Brad. What that Brad Womack could take it upon himself because he's a bar owner. You had fully stocked the house. You brought a whole bar and dropped it off at our house, just set it up for my birthday, and was leaving like a thief in the night because and luckily I got to see you and give you a hug and sure, thank you, And You're like, I don't want to stay. I don't want to thank you. I just wanted you to have a good time, Bud, and you took off. Sure, we ended up seeing you for dinner later we came into town. But to those stories were you know. That's why you will always be one of my favorite human beings to ever have been on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man, You always.
Speaker 1: Went above and beyond. It was never about you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. Well, first of all, you're my friend right period, and so friends made a lot to me, but also you did a lot for me. And I don't want to get too cheesy and stuff, but I'm very grateful for the experiences that I've had. I'm grateful for the friendships that I've made. And so, yeah, that was a blip. I really appreciate you mentioning that. But when I say that was a blip to me, it was a gesture to say thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's all I.
Speaker 1: Got why everybody loves Brad you do well because I know there's a one offs, but you do that stuff all the time and I know for a fact you do and that's that's why we all love you. So you go into twenty ten, say, and you are the Bachelor again, And you said in episode one it wasn't about redemption. You didn't need to clear your name because you are beloved. Everybody loved you, even though we all gave you a hard time. And I think some one woman even slapped you on night one.
Speaker 2: Yes she did kind of liked it, you know, it showed fire. I mean, let's face it, it showed fire, you know.
Speaker 1: So one of the producers obviously came up with the idea that a woman would get out of the car and slap Brad and said, you know, I think she said this is for the whole country or.
Speaker 2: So all the women across America. I think that's a direct quote. And can I say something That woman did not hold back.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, she gave you a legit, Slau.
Speaker 2: She rang my bell, Chris.
Speaker 1: That's how the season started. Sure, and that was obviously the famous season with Emily Maynard. Yeah, you were partially and unfortunately maybe responsible for creating maybe our biggest Starmily Emily.
Speaker 2: Sure you have one. No, that's self creation was.
Speaker 1: An absolute rock star. That is the season that where we put her on the map. Was this sweet mom and back then I think her daughter was only like two or three years old at the time, I was very young and she came on your show. And by then we were traveling, Yes, we were, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I forget where all we went, but I know we ended up in South Africa.
Speaker 2: We did Anguilla, Cape Town.
Speaker 1: That's right. Oh my god, I swear to you. So Lauren and I just did a auction for Experience Camps, this amazing camp for people who have lost a significant like a caretaker, a mom and dad, or a sibling. And we auctioned off a trip to Anguilla. Did you, and I said, Brad Womack season we were at the Queens Art Resort.
Speaker 2: To this day, the prettiest place I've ever seen was Yeah. But back to Emily as far as her stardom so to speak, yeah, I had absolutely nothing to do with her light, that's her.
Speaker 1: Just that was the season we introduced I Got You, Okay.
Speaker 2: Got you, got you? Yes, She's just natural. Man, my gosh, just a beautiful person inside and out.
Speaker 1: Just jumped off the screen. Yeah, man, there are some people that just captivate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Jojo was another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I've always wanted to meet her and and.
Speaker 1: You guys are so similar because again Texas people, Her and Jordan are amazing.
Speaker 2: I've heard this both of them. I want to meet both of them. Let me clarify.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, I know what you meant. Jojo and Jordan, Raven and Adam are another couple you got to meet here that are just incredible. But Jojo was another one where you just saw you like, she just jumps off the screen. Yes, she does this thing about her. But Emily Maynard was your final choice. You actually did choose somebody in that season?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Did you feel the extra pressure coming towards the end there to actually make that choice, because I know we worried more about landing that plane as we called it on the show, because you know, it's like the movie Runaway Bride. It's like we've seen this before. Sure, is he really going to pull the trigger?
Speaker 2: I hear that.
Speaker 1: And I wanted this for you. I actually you know by now we're friends, right and I really want you to find love, and I thought it was happening.
Speaker 2: Right well, I wanted it for me too, And you know I can't lie and say I didn't feel any pressure at all. Of Course I did. Yeah, of course I did. But I'll tell you, man to man, I wouldn't have chosen anybody if I didn't feel what I felt for Emily. And what I felt for Emily at that time for me was love. And and you know, people, I'm sure there are scoffs going across the nation right now right what I felt in that I felt like I was in love with this woman, period, and so you.
Speaker 1: Make decisions with the knowledge you have and the feelings you have at the time. Of course, it's easy to look back and be like, oh, that was crazy. You know that first marriage was terrible. It's like at the time, that's what we knew talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't care about her because she dumps me. Sorry for the laugh, but I'm getting it's uh No, I genuinely had very strong feelings for her. I take marriage and engagements very seriously, of course, and I felt lucky as hell man that she was there and accepted.
Speaker 1: Who was I was trying to think, who is number two in that season? Was Chantal Yeah, which I was trying to think of the others. The other stars on that season was Michelle.
Speaker 2: Money, Michelle Man my favorite human beings me too.
Speaker 1: Yah, that's right. I remember what were we in Costa Rica?
Speaker 2: We went to Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: I think you said goodbye to Michelle was in Coasta Rica exactly. We were in the r and All region of Costa Rica, down where the volcano was blowing up.
Speaker 2: Is she happy, Michelle?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so so she? Uh was going to just kind of be a life partner with Mike we or the golfer, but they ended up getting married. Good for her, and so they are married, and her daughter is healthy and fully recovered when she had her trauma. And I talked to Michelle from time to time, and obviously I'm a huge golf fan, so I keep in touch. And she is as explosive and phenomenal and charismatic as she was when she was on the show.
Speaker 2: It's funny. And I hope she listens to this because I get asked about her more than anybody. Yeah, and is she really like that? And I can't sing her praises enough because one I love when people are just authentic.
Speaker 1: You know, she is very real, you know, like when you what you get with what you see with money is what you get with money.
Speaker 2: Yes you do. And and beautiful, I mean strikingly gorgeous woman. And I think she owns that a little bit. I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she walks the walk, so yes she does.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I'm glad she's happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her and Mike are doing great. And I saw her out there my son was playing on the cross room as pre college, and we swung by and actually went to their house because we were going to the airport and we're all sweaty and nasty. We actually went to her Mike's house to shower up, I have lunch, and then we went to the airport. But I keep in touch with her and she's doing really well. Try to think who other because there was that was a star studded show.
Speaker 2: Ashley both Ashley's were is it a bear? And yes, Ashley Abart Spivey's Spivey. Yes, I've heard Ashley Spivey doesn't like me. I mean, I don't even pay attention to.
Speaker 1: Who also went on to be our bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a I was trying. There's certain seasons that produced stars, sure, just all stars for one reason or another. And for that season to to have produced two bachelorettes and stars that went on to Paradise and Summer Games and all these things. We did all the incarnations of the show. So you know, you may not have found love, but you gave us a lot of stars.
Speaker 2: I found love. It just didn't work out, you know.
Speaker 1: And so you left the show engaged.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. And I'm proud to say that, you know. And and Emily was a great addition to my life. And and you know, great, I guess I hate to say experience. I don't know that it is a chapter.
Speaker 1: It was a chapter of your life, perfect way to put it.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have literally no regrets on that, and you know, it is what it is. We're definitely two different people and and so you learn that, you know, when you.
Speaker 1: Go and like Michelle Money, I mean, Emily is I mean married and children do it. She's just crushing it and happy. She just be adore her too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I'm glad she's doing well.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: Man and Ashley a bear as well. It's it's funny, you know, I keep in touch, especially back then the you know, the people that came off the show. It's like we just all got closer at the time. We spent a lot of intimate time together. Of course, you know, the show got more professional as we went on, but that also kind of detached us in a way from some emotions and connections of relationships that we built on the show. But famously, obviously you and Emily didn't work out what has life been like kind of post show? You you obviously had the bars here in Austin. That was amazingly successful. You opened some in Houston, you opened bar in Nashville. You and your brother, your partner's created an amazing business. But what about love. I've known, and I hopefully I'm okay to out you. I know you've dated a couple of times. Of course, you've had some serious relationships, of course, but as far as I know, nothing stuck.
Speaker 2: No, no, nothing. So well, you know, so I dated a girl for about seven years, you know, after Emily, and it's one of those things that things just kind of fizzled unfort It's just one of those things. I mean, madly in love with a woman at the time, and you know, you just move on. Right now, I'm kind of laying low. You know. It's and I'll tell you why it's. You mentioned the bars, and I know I mentioned this when I got here. But you know, we just recently sold our company. And while that's really exciting, I'm in the biggest transition of my life. Man.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: I'd moved to Nashville to kind of we're going to expand out there, and then decided maybe this isn't the road we want to go down. And so and when I say we my business partner's fat. But anyway, and so there's nothing for me in Nashville, So now I'm moving back. So bottom line is it's really really hard, yea, to even ask a girl on a date when I don't have a home to go to, you know, I mean, I'm staying with my brother right now. I'm looking for a home in Austin.
Speaker 1: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out, you know, what's next in life?
Speaker 1: Well, this is a it's you. You're an interesting point in your life. I mean, you're you know, you and I are both just on the other side of fifty, yes, sir, And which is an interesting time anyway, is when you really take stock in your life and you get kind of reflective and you think, Okay, what do I want for the back nine of life?
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: And you have just especially when you have a major cash event, you've cashed out whatever that means. It could be good, bad, whatever. You've hit two pivotal moments in your life, sure, turning fifty and then getting out of your business. Now you have to decide what is that? What does it look like now? What is what is the why? What's the how?
Speaker 2: The purpose? You know, and we you and I discussed purpose a long time ago, right and and frankly, and you know, my biggest purpose is work. I don't know why. I've always been that way, and so now I'm kind of lost a little bit. I've recently joined a new company and I'm really excited about that. It's so you're working again, I am. I just started last week. And man, it's I know, I can't help it. Man, it's but I believe in this company. It's you know, and and I don't know if I have the capacity or whatever to describe it. I don't want to bore your listeners or anything, but.
Speaker 1: In general, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. It's it's called the Collective. It's here in Austin, but we're expanding nationwide. It's a social performance club. And what that is. It's state of the art training facility. We have an athletic recovery lounge, we have a co working space, we have a.
Speaker 1: Wait, is this the one that's in downtown Austin.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm trying to get you and Lauren in there.
Speaker 1: Dude, I have heard about this.
Speaker 2: It's a good deal.
Speaker 1: But every professional athlete, yes, within a thousand miles of here goes there.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you're I'm glad you're bringing that up because I'm trying to be humble.
Speaker 1: Dude, I've so this is crazy. I had no idea you were involved in this. I've had several people, professional athletes, tell me you have to go it's I think it's it's downtown Austin, right.
Speaker 2: So there's two locations. The one my office out of is on South Congress, right behind St. Celia, and then we have a location up north. But yeah, so, but I mean, you would love it. Our our membership base, and it doesn't it's not all professional athletes. It's every guy, every day guys like me. But I want to bring up something important. We also have a full blown medical practice within the facility, okay, And what that means is, you know, peptides are all the reasons now and all of that, and so we do all of that. You can get your blood work done, and so I really believe in the expansion of the business.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. So yeah, man, Well Jesus you're a walking billboard.
Speaker 2: Well I appreciate you if.
Speaker 1: You've always been built like a brick out house, but I appreciate it we're on the other side of fifty now and it's not that easy to look like that.
Speaker 2: Now. Well, I'm trying. We just discussed I'm single, but somewhat perpetually. I need to keep up, you know, with all the cool kids.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations on that. And by the way, the collective, I love that you guys are expanding, and I will come see it because I've heard amazing things. So you're diving into that, sure, which I get. And by the way, you can't stop what you love to do. And if work is something that's passionate to you, it is you should continue that passion.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: You can only go play so much pickleball or off or whatever it's. You've got to keep your mind active, and you're good at it, clearly.
Speaker 2: Thank you man. Well, that's the thing about it. It's you know, I'll be really honest. I think, like anybody, when we were going through our exit for the business, I'm gonna admit this to you. I mean I was looking at retiring, I mean homes in the mountains and here's my chance. I'm out, buddy, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Well this is you know, go all.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, careful what you wish for because I sat on my butt for about a month and I went out of my mind. Yeah, and I could not be happier with the leaders, the CEO and founders of Collective. I know those guys are really good dudes, and just said, hey, that's awesome. I think you can add value to us. Yeah, And so I jumped right in and we'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: So I'll crack the door on you know, my own situation. Yeah, please, Well, because I went through something very similar. I was, you know when I left the show a few years ago, even though it was tumultuous and it made your first season look really tame.
Speaker 2: Sure, surely imagine.
Speaker 1: But with that said, you know, I had gotten to the point in my life where I was fine, And of course I thought there was a moment, a brief moment where I thought, Okay, you can be done. Do you want to be done? You know? Do you want to just question with social media? With everything going on? Do you know family is the most important thing to me? And I was already falling in love with and in love with Lauren, saw a life there and was working really hard on that. My kids are older and I'm coming close to being an empty nester. Do you just hang it up? And you know, like you said, go find that place in the mountains or go down to Cabo And And I spent a little time post divorce from the show and allowed myself to heal, allowed myself to feel that, and I quickly realized I can't do that either.
Speaker 2: Oh I know you can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I just couldn't walk away and do nothing.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, that's not who you are. And I want to jump in on something, turn it on you. Yes, So I'm not taking over your podcast. I'd be a disaster.
Speaker 1: There's no rules here.
Speaker 2: Two things, well, actually three. The first thing, I think that's the best thing that ever happened to you. Man. One. I think you are that franchise period. You are the show. Everyone knows it. And I'm not going to get into my feelings of of right or wrong, but that was the best thing that happened to you. You and l Z I'm talking after everything. Yeah, I've never seen two people that are so meant to be with each other. When I had dinner with you guys, yeah, I was in awe. I mean, you're finishing each other's sentences kind of nauseating. You're yeah, I mean you you both are just so full of love and respect for each other. So that's one another great thing that happened. And also heard through the grapevine that you're getting back into production a reality dating show. I mean, you can't stay away, this is what I've heard. But yeah, I mean look at you, man. You you are a producer, right, I mean you produce and you work, and so I could have told you weren't going to hang it up. I mean, that's just not you. There was saying I'm happy for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're involved. Thank you, by the way, thank you for all the accolades, and you love You're right, Lauren is easily the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. She is God. She's such a treasure and on so many levels. And we had the dinner with you. We went to Uchi, one of our favorite joints here at Austin. Tyson Cole gave you a shout out, but not that.
Speaker 2: He needs it.
Speaker 1: You can't get in there, man. Yeah, trients money. But and I've gotten to know him, by the way, great Kally, really interesting guy, unbelievably fascinating. But that dinner I remember that vividly, and we were still fairly new at the time. I don't think we're even engaged. And I was so excited for you to meet her, because yeah, she's just such a jewel in my life. And she was kind of of the impetus for hey, you're not even close to done. But of course, let's get your ship back together. And so we uh, you know, and talk about your first point. The greatest thing that ever happened to me. You know, blessings and gifts from God and you know, answered prayers and all that. They don't always come in a box, you know, with a bow under it, under the tree. You know, it's never how you ask for it, right, but they show up in your life just the same. And I did need a a an event in my life to get me out of one thing and get me to the next, because complacency, whatever you call it. I was comfortable. I was working. You know, you're making a lot of money. Life is good. Why are you going to upset the apple cart? You know?
Speaker 2: Also pick you're loyal man, and well.
Speaker 1: That's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: And and and sometimes to your own fault, I think you're loyal. Well, but I know for sure I'm saying it. You don't have to thank you, but no I do. And I'm glad you see that. But yeah, it's not like you to walk away from anything. And yeah, best thing that could ever happen to you. Man.
Speaker 1: I I totally agree with you. And it just takes you a minute to kind of see that from the thirty thousand foot level that everybody else sees it. And you were. And by the way, uh, to credit you, You've always been a dear friend, one of the first people to reach out to me and just say I love you, I'm here if you need me, if you need to escape, I'm here, you know, come in and take over my house again. Sure, but I appreciate the fact that you never question, never just were there.
Speaker 2: Oh man, well of course you're you're my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And so I always was grateful for that, and Lauren quickly realized, oh this is a good man.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, I appreciate that, man. But back to her, and let's sing her praises again.
Speaker 1: You know, we're sitting below all her Emmy awardins. I know, right, But the house that Lauren built.
Speaker 2: I don't waste too much time. But It's a real good feeling to see two people that are just meant and and John.
Speaker 1: We were so bummed you could know. So you weren't at our wedding. Yeah, clearly you were invited. You had an unfortunate event and you were at a funeral, man, unfortunate, but I'm glad you were there. Yeah, but we missed you, man, because it just wasn't the same without you here in Austin.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny is I I listened to one of your podcasts that you were going over, just kind of recapping, right, and and all that's fun. It's more, I'm really sorry I couldn't support my friend. I just wanted to see because that's such a big moment with l Z in particular. Yeah, you know, you'd gotten to know her, of course, but just seeing you guys so happy, and then, let's face it, man, I'll admit I would have loved to have met some of the people from the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would have loved you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's yet to be determined.
Speaker 1: But you know, we had a little little cocktail party here at the house the night before, and like you know, it was like thirty or forty of us. It was just our kind of tight knit group and obviously you would have been there to meet everybody. That was a really cool night because it's where kind of old school met new school and everybody kind of crossed over and it was a really special, like intense, emotional night. But you know the fact that Lauren and I have moved on, created this new endeavor with Merritt Street Media, which is on the air now with doctor Phil.
Speaker 2: I've heard this, you know.
Speaker 1: Having just having doctor Phil come in my life, sure and is and you know, I have to give his wife credit as well, Robin, who's amazing and they're friends of ours now, Like what a treasure like. And that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't left there, you go, if if that moment didn't happen, that jarring, tumultuous time led to this incredible endeavor that we've created now here in Texas.
Speaker 2: So what more could you ask for me?
Speaker 1: Nothing like nothing? I have the woman in my dreams. We're starting this incredible blank slate of a production right that we can do what we want and throw it against the wall and have a proponent in our corner like doctor Phil. Uh I guess the only question is are you ready for a third time?
Speaker 2: Let's go?
Speaker 1: No, who knows, man, we are doing a reality show about love.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this, buddy. I've learned never to say never, you know. But I also know my lane and when to stay in it, my limits I do, buddy. I I maybe the geriatric version of whatever dating show. But no, man, I mean never say never. Who knows. But back to you, I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that one always feel in your love and those that were a part of the show that understood, and there were there were those inside the show or who had been inside the show that I know what really happened, and they know what really goes on and what really went on behind the scenes that led to it. I always appreciated their silent support and love and that that meant the most to me. I bet so, and you were a part of that. And I'm afre I will always be grateful and and and to move on is yeah, it's I'm I'm I know the chapter you're in right now because we're in the same chapter, and I get it. I I've never been more excited. Yeah, man, maybe because we don't have to do it.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. That's that's such a good point, you know. That's another thing. Chad and I both promised ourselves that anything that we do after this, we're going to absolutely love it, and I mean love it. And and thank god I found that and you know, we'll see and obviously you did too. But life's short, man, it is. I mean, life's really short.
Speaker 1: It's you know, my mom is a great saying. She says life is too short, but it's equally too long to be miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's there you go.
Speaker 1: You know, and whether that's your marriage or a toxic relationship or a bad business or whatever. And honestly, that was my whole thing with Lauren and falling in love and marrying her. It's not that I had to get married the first time, but I was young, and it's what you do, right, you're checking off boxes. And I did marry a very fine woman who became a good and all that. But with Lauren, I didn't have to do that. Yeah, she didn't have to do that. Yeah, she had been married before, and I had been married before. I have kids. I didn't need to. It's that I wanted to with my whole heart and being It's like I got to that point in life where I'm like, I want to do this with you. I want to be life with you. And so when you are free and uninhibited like that, man, it's powerful. Well now you're just bragging, man, but I feel like, let me But I feel like that in my business life too and doing it. And by the way, I'm doing it well with Lauren, and you're going to do it as well with the collective or you know, whatever it leads to. Sure, you're going to do it because you want to.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing I love about you, guys, I mean an absolute power couple and you can share creativity and all that you know. And so keep plugging through or pushing forward because you guys are doing some big things. So let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I just I'm curious because I have pondered this and I've I've talked about this with many people. Oh, and I just want to know from you, like, why do you think you haven't found true love?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good question. Man. You know I'm allowed to deal with you know I'm not the most nurturing guy. But but again, back to work, man, we really did work.
Speaker 1: You are a nurturing guy.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, I appreciate it's such a nurture Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's just timing like and just things haven't like it's because it's not like you haven't been in serious relationships. It's just you commit seven years and then seven years go by, and then you commit five years and then five years go by. Is it just a timing thing?
Speaker 2: And maybe maybe you know something? I'll admit one thing I am really I find immense solace and soliditude, and so I find that sometimes if I'm in a very serious relationship, I produce, if that makes sense, And you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And so well, because you you you dive in one hundred percent to that relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm so concerned about her well being. Okay, you know, And and it's soud should be it sound should right, But I tend to I'm really comfortable being alone, I mean really comfortable being alone. And so and a lot of times, especially a partner that you are in love with doesn't see about you in alone time.
Speaker 1: Well, you need someone who is fiercely independent. And because I don't think to you, well, I don't think to your degree. But I like I like being alone, do you Yeah? I like my time alone because I spent so much time alone, you know, for twenty years when I was traveling with the show. Yeah, I was alone. Like when we're in South Africa and you're all looking at elephants or whatever. I was at that Sabby Sands resort by myself.
Speaker 2: It's a great point for a week, Yeah, great point in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of effing nowhere.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I would see a couple of people from the crew whatever. But it was a I had to really learn to be alone, and that's a good skill to have. Yeah, but you've got to be careful because, like you said, it could take over your life, and it can. You can almost want that and need it so much that you rail against finding companionship.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's it, man, you are a therapist. I love this. I needed this, But no, I think you hit the nail on the head. And I'm beginning to learn a little bit that you know, I do. I value relationships immensely and frankly, I want a relationship badly, you know, and one that's permanent, you know.
Speaker 1: And I think you need someone like Lauren, Like Lauren's great because for many reasons, but one of the things she does. She has a very badass group of girlfriends. They have been friends, best friends since college. They take these girls trips and they talk, or she'll just up and leave and go see her mom in Chicago or her sister in Florida or whatever.
Speaker 2: She just goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like and she's like, I need time away from you too. I like that, like that, you know, within the house. Sometimes she's like, I need a Bravo night. I'm gonna go just watch Bravo and like like, stay away. I love it, and I know to go into the other side of the house. Sure, you know, I'll watch golf channel. Sure, I think that is important.
Speaker 2: Maybe so I think you.
Speaker 1: Need somebody who understands to love fiercely and intensely. But it's more about quality than quantity, and that, you know, Brad Womack needs some time, go work, go do your thing. Sure, when I do get you, I'll take you.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I give That's one thing I can say. I give one hundred percent of myself when we're when the time comes. Obviously, you know, I don't know, man, I've obviously been asking question a lot. I promise nothing is too strange up there, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing is, I know there's not like I know, you're a great guy. I mean look at you. You're still you know, a handsome devil come and that that's all there. And I know that deep down there is this I always say with braggo because a lot of people have asked me because you're you're one of my big conundrum in life where it's like I'm like grabbing these two extensions extension cords and they're like so close to plugging in. I'm like, I just can't quite figure out, like why this amazing, dude. But life's funny and love's funny like that.
Speaker 2: It is it is, and maybe maybe you hit the nail on the head. I just need to find someone that's and when I say fiercely independent, yeah that doesn't need or expect a text every hour or something. I mean we're all doing our thing and I'm damn sure not sleeping around chea. I've never cheated or anything, you know, And so you know all of that.
Speaker 1: And someone who can trust and understand go live your life. And that's I think that is uh, that is out there, and that's an important thing when you go into that next relationship to define it as such and not put the cart before the horse to where you all dive in and you show this one life but need another. It's almost like when you get into this life, it's like, hey, these I needed to define at fifty two, fifty one years old. I need to just define the kind of relationship I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, you're going to see an application come through for your reality show five minutes after I leave here. We got this, why not, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited you're moving back to Austin.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you. Man. If you need.
Speaker 1: A place to stay in the meantime, if Chad kicks you out, you know, I got an ext.
Speaker 2: Chair for you. Careful what you wish for? Oh you?
Speaker 1: If you know your brand.
Speaker 2: Not at all? But well I know your son's coming back home. Congratulations, Thank you a way. Yeah, and seems like your family man, just some really highly motivated people.
Speaker 1: We're in a good season right now.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I always say life is full of seasons. Yes, sir, there are good ones, there are bad ones. We will all have bad ones. Lord knows. We're in a good season right now.
Speaker 2: I like it for you, man, knock on what Yeah, that will too, But.
Speaker 1: That and just when when you're in a good season, you just got to enjoy it, you know.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Well, hopefully, man, when I'm back permanently, I'd love to take you and Lauren to dinner or something.
Speaker 1: You know it's going to happen. Thank you, my friend. Yeah, of course, thank you for everything.
Speaker 2: You kidding me. I mean, it's just I said this to you before we got on here. I'm going to say this publicly that if you asked me to do something, I'm going to do it because I know it comes from a great place and I just want to hang out with you. So good to see you, man.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most Dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.