Speaker 1: Second date of date. I feel like super important. When you're first starting to date someone, you need to be able to keep the momentum going. Yeah, like after a good first date, you need to see him again sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: Is not too soon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, wait too long?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you wait, the spark could fizzle out, or somebody else could swoop in, or in my case, your mom calls and asks, why aren't you going out with that person again? I've already FaceTime and then multiple pictures of you as a baby.
Speaker 3: That legitimately checks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your mom messaged me at two am the other day.
Speaker 1: You're not getting an old video of you?
Speaker 3: Did you get that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did it. And you're not even a romantic interest. Just imagine what it's like. Oh yeah, not yet. But anyway, Isabella emailed the show. Isabella, I'm hoping your mom isn't involved in your dating life like mine usually is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not so much.
Speaker 1: Lucky, Isabella, you have a chance that well, we want to hear all about your romantic ball and how we can keep it moving, So tell us about it. That was pretty much the smoothest transition I've ever done.
Speaker 2: It's a romantic ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are you at the ball of romance with the ball?
Speaker 4: Well, I just went on a date with this guy named Jason that I met on an app okay, and it was a pretty good date, like first dates all around. He had this interesting idea to go to this place that I've never heard of before. It's like a hole in the wall place, but it's really to drink and play a bunch of board games.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so fun.
Speaker 2: Is good?
Speaker 5: It isn't.
Speaker 2: But anything different, like a different theme of a bar, a different you.
Speaker 3: Know, Like my husband and I once tried to do a board game bar place and we walked in and it was way more serious than we were expecting. Like, I don't know, it was like one of those where it's like this is an eighteen round game where you make up things and there's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: You know. This isn't your dating life. This is about Isabella.
Speaker 2: I'm relating.
Speaker 6: Jeff.
Speaker 1: You say you said your experience wasn't very fun, Isabella, how was yours?
Speaker 4: Well, this place was a little different. Like when you go in, they make you fill out a survey about your personality.
Speaker 1: Oh, board games and surveys. Yeah, talk about.
Speaker 3: They need your Like why would they need to know your personality?
Speaker 4: Because they want to pick a board game for you based on your personality.
Speaker 5: So like me, I would get like, what's it called the rat track? They would kick you out, and then you know, somebod else.
Speaker 3: Would get like, sorry, it's like the algorithm in real life.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you failed out that what what board game? Did the survey come back and tell you to play?
Speaker 6: Well, they were.
Speaker 4: Picking out really weird ones that I've never heard of, something about tadpoles and it this weird, weird game. So we just went with you know, a classic taboo Ta Hungry.
Speaker 3: Hungry Hippos is taboo fun to play with only two people.
Speaker 4: We had to make up our own roles a little bit, but it was kind of a good way to kind of learn about each other a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you explain really short with taboos because I don't think I know.
Speaker 4: So, like I would pick a card and then try to get him to guess the word on the card by not saying certain words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like you need to guess Christmas, but you can't say Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: It's like charades, but you're using talking.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was fun. And then we made a little jet.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was it?
Speaker 4: Bet? We were like, whoever loses the next round has to go around and bust everyone in like tables, like their drinks and.
Speaker 2: Their son, because it also helps the bar. Like that's really fun.
Speaker 3: I love it and it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sorry, can I take your plates? Everyone? That's really fun?
Speaker 1: Who won?
Speaker 3: I won? Okay, now we get to the reason why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I worked a ten hour shift.
Speaker 1: Did handle losing? Was he a good sport about it?
Speaker 4: Well, he actually seemed to kind of enjoy it, like he was a really good sport about it. He was kind of laughing and going around, and so the waitress was super happy and she just came to sit.
Speaker 1: With me and cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: It was fun. But then when he came back, he made a new bet and said, the next person that loses has to kiss the other person on his.
Speaker 2: Cheek okay, and then the mouth, and then.
Speaker 1: Well, at least someone's kind of romantic and not just embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cute.
Speaker 3: And it's cute that he did on the cheek. You know, there's not a lot of pressure for that.
Speaker 1: So who won that bet?
Speaker 4: I won again?
Speaker 1: So he had to kiss you on the cheek.
Speaker 4: Yes, Whenever he went to kiss me, I kind of turned. And then so we kicked on the list.
Speaker 1: You broke the rules, and then they kicked her out out of here.
Speaker 4: Was it cute?
Speaker 1: Did he like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds yeah, it's super fun.
Speaker 3: You connected, you guys laugh together, You shared a kiss you been on before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, afterwards, he tested me and said he wanted to see me again, and I was like, yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that same night he texted you that he wanted to see you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, that's a good sign. But then he had to have head out of town for a week. And then when he got back from out of town, we made a plan to meet up at this bar and we'd only been there for about thirty minutes and he just kind of acting weird, and then he said he had to leave again. And then all of a sudden, he has to go out of town for a couple of more weeks and he doesn't know when he's coming back, and it's a it's a kind.
Speaker 3: Of weird, like he doesn't know when he's coming back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just it's.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do know, I have fu I do know of people that have jobs that will send them out and say, hey, why wouldn't know when you're coming back?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't he just say that if it was? Yeah, I mean, what do you think? What's your theory?
Speaker 4: I mean part of me thinks he's meeting up for like another girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how long has it been since you last saw him? Since that last date?
Speaker 4: It's been like two and a half weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys, I feel like you've had one and a half dates because that second one sounded like it was so short that it doesn't even count.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, the window you're talking about, she's I think like that windows like a week, a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that romance ball is slowing down to almost we're going to kick the ball and we're going to try and get this romance going again full spool way. Well, we're gonna kick it in the direction of love. Okay, the metaphor works if you don't think too hard about it. We're gonna keep the ball of romance going with your second date. Update next second night to Bishop three left foot red Professor Plumb in the library with the lead pipe. Oh yeah. The board games not traditionally considered a sexy first date.
Speaker 3: But that pipe got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For Isabella, she was able to make it work when she went out with a guy named Jason and they played what did they play?
Speaker 2: Taboo?
Speaker 1: Taboo? Yeah, which is I guess sexy in itself, just in the name. But after the date things have been cooling off a little bit. Jason has been in and out of town, hard to reach to figure out how to get that because I've gone on one and a half dates so far, hard to figure out how to get that second full date in, and she's hoping we can help her today. Isabella, how you feeling.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of nervous, but gide it okay.
Speaker 3: I mean it does sound like his interest is waning if he's like, I'm just out of town TBD, you know, like no information, So maybe this can get it back on track.
Speaker 4: I just got to want to know what is happening, and I can find if he needs to go, but I would like to know why or just what's going on.
Speaker 3: Right, I feel like you've invested enough time and energy that you deserve that answer.
Speaker 1: Sure, this is the good time to ask all those questions. We're going to call his number right now and see what he has to say. Okay, okay, and if not, there's always professor Plumpfers. So let's just do the number right now. Here we go, Hello, yoh is this Jason?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey? My name is Jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey, uh what, Yeah, that's Brooke.
Speaker 3: I just wanted him to know that it wasn't just Jeff.
Speaker 6: There's like a bunch of people on the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know radio stations, there's hundreds of them all over the world.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like you're talking down to him right now.
Speaker 1: Jason. We're a really really tiny one, not super respected in the industry, but we have four people on it, Alexis, Jose, Brooke, and I and our show kind of specializes in doing dating stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay. I'm actually reading a lot about dating and to get better at it, So it's actually kind of cool you're calling me.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're doing like little self help books for reading that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Well, so, like I've been watching a lot of like relationship experts on YouTube, and I'm trying to do this new strategy.
Speaker 3: What is it? What's your new strategy?
Speaker 6: There's this one guy and he keeps talking about the difference between attraction and desire, and he's like, you can be attracted to someone when you're with them, but the only way to build desire is to spend time away from them.
Speaker 3: Oh like absence makes the heart grow fonder type.
Speaker 6: Of Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm just warning I've heard this and I've spent like five years away from my actually still has.
Speaker 1: That's something that you're trying to practice in your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So there's this girl I've been hanging out with and I've been telling her I've been having to go out of town on business, but I'm actually just here at home. What I with the desirebildy.
Speaker 1: You know, that's that's kind of impressive.
Speaker 5: You have a job that you travel, because it sounds like you're an important person too.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I work from home, but yeah, but he's making it okay.
Speaker 1: But you're telling her that you're going out of town because that makes you seem like ooh, unavailable. I'm unavailable and you should desire me.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean you know, it's like making her want what she can't have, and that's interesting.
Speaker 1: How do you feel like that strategy is working for you?
Speaker 6: I mean, she keeps trying to hang out with me, so it seems like.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Jason. You can't just lie about where you're gonna be. That's not what the advice is. Man.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, but I have to come up with some reason for why I can't hanging out all the time and just say, hey.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be at home, but I don't want to hang out a week exactly exactly like you have to keep like momentum in dating, and it seems.
Speaker 3: Like you are giving big, long stretches of time in between where it feels like to these women that you're probably feels like you're ghosting them.
Speaker 6: So did you call it just like harass me about my strategy here?
Speaker 3: Like, what's I'll try to get it to work a little bit better for you, Jason.
Speaker 1: We just we want to help you, is really what it comes down to. I think, and I don't know, you said that you're like currently trying this on somebody. Do you mind if we ask her name.
Speaker 6: Her name is a Belle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's all. That is so weird because Jason, you're not going to believe this, But there's an Isabella on the other line right now that's been listening to this entire conversation, burning with desire to talk.
Speaker 3: We just burned what.
Speaker 1: Oh there she is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is kind of not cool.
Speaker 1: Books, look YouTube page and find out what to do next. Jason. Oh, I got Jason.
Speaker 3: It is cool because she's interested in you. She wants to see you.
Speaker 1: Yes, your plan is working.
Speaker 4: Well, now I'm a little bit weird. Aow. It seems like a game.
Speaker 6: I mean, now I can't no, I mean it's it's not a game. It's I like you and I was trying to get you to like me too.
Speaker 4: And do you think it's like do you think that's a good strategy that you learned from YouTube?
Speaker 6: I mean, well, you caught a radio station to find out what was going on with me, so it seems like.
Speaker 1: You argue with that.
Speaker 2: Defeated right now, she.
Speaker 3: Thought that you were like cheating on her or something you had like a second family somewhere because she.
Speaker 1: Wants him so bad.
Speaker 6: We only went on one date, and I don't know how I could have been cheating on her, but you kind of.
Speaker 1: Went on one and a half dates from what is about? Told us?
Speaker 3: Why did you leave a half an hour into that second date? Jason?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it would be a good way to build anticipation for the next day. Doesn't tell like you. Guys have a million subscribers like the guy I'm following on YouTube, so I really need to take it from you.
Speaker 3: Take it from Isabella. Isabella, are you enjoying him pushing you away?
Speaker 4: I don't think your YouTube guy is very smart. I mean, is he in a relationship? Does he have a girlfriend?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, Model, if.
Speaker 6: You were supposed to hear any of this, if you hadn't been on the line, things would be going great. You'd still be he really anticipating our next date?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, should be confused.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, I wouldn't consider that going great.
Speaker 6: I mean what, I just have the wait two more days to get your desire to the peak level, and then I was gonna make plans with oh, I said clank.
Speaker 1: After almost three weeks, I was almost about to call you, Isabella. You jumped the gun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're you're messing this off for both of us.
Speaker 3: I actually, Isabella, I think this is kind of sweet, Like he's obviously taking this advice maybe a little too literally, but he put in a lot of effort to try to get you to like him because he likes you. Yeah, and I think that's the sweet thing. Like you just need to be yourself, Jason, not listen to some YouTube dude.
Speaker 6: Possibly, but honestly, this this is working. The evidence is a parent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously it's kind of working on Isabella because she does seem still interested. But how many other women are you doing this too? Right now? Is Isabella the only one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean yeah, no, I'm not doing it anybody, but yes, is the only person I'm seeing right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know you count because I haven't seen you in like two and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, we have the power to change that for you, because we will offer to send you guys out on another date and we'll pay for that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I always wanted to go on another date. I just I just had to wait to come.
Speaker 3: We promised, Yeah, we promised not to leave during the date to heighten her desire or whatever your goal is.
Speaker 6: I think I can I just need to watch the next video in the series to figure.
Speaker 2: Out finished the series before you tested it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he's saying yes to another date, Isabella, are you still interested? Well, it sounds like he actually likes you. He just doesn't know how to handle it.
Speaker 2: I'll give him.
Speaker 3: At least he's putting some effort in dude, which most don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, it's kind of cute and kind of funny. But if you ditched the YouTube and whoever this guy is, then yeah another.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well there you go, and as well, I just thought of something funny that you could do. You could leave halfway through the date now and have him burning with desire for you.
Speaker 2: It's called toxic.
Speaker 3: Cyclone.
Speaker 1: It's called love the romance Ball of Love, and we've got it back in motion.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.