Speaker 1: What is Up? Mets fans?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of the Mets Up Podcast. Of course a series ender, so me and James can record at midnight to get you guys out in episode for the next morning. Lose a series to the Atlanta Braves, but we did win the season series. If for those of you keeping track at home, the Mets take the season series from the Braves.
Speaker 3: When was the last time the Mets took a season series from the Braves?
Speaker 1: Mark twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: It was twenty seventeen. Oh close, okay, do you want to roll through the Braves roster that season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me take some guesses.
Speaker 3: Take some guesses. Who do you think had the most played appearance at second base for the Braves in twenty seventeen?
Speaker 2: Second base for the Braves in twenty seventeen? Yep, oh man, is that gonna be like Omar and Fonte?
Speaker 3: No? Oh well, no, no, no, way, way more shocking, way more. I wouldn't even have remembered this guy played for the Braves, Ricky Weeks. But awesome player. No, who is it? Brandon Phillips? Okay, I say the oh right right field, Nick Markaikas, left field, MATC cam Tyler Flowers a catcher, Matt Adams on that team, Chased Ourn, Anthony Record got play the appearance on that team. Are A Dickie was on that team. Ri Dicky was playing in twenty seventeen. That feels insane. Yeah, the Mets have it. This is the first time the Mets of one season series against the Braves since Ronaldy Clueney Junior came up.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great.
Speaker 2: We also got the thing that we're mostly gonna talk about, which is gonna be the Francisco Lindor interview with Mike Buma.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we keep having this conversation, but we see clicks. We got to do it ourselves. So that's why you see it in the title and the thumbnail and everything. Francisco Lindor talks about future with the New York Mets. Before get going into it, make sure you guys do subscribe to Mets stuff over here on YouTube. If you're listening to us Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops the rate and drops a review, download and subscribe. Big shots, all our members, big shots, everybody in the discord. We're soft organizing Rotisserie Chicken Night at City Field. So if you want to be looped in, we'll talk about a little bit later in the podcast, but the Discord is gonna be the best place for all that information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this coming Tuesday night against the Padres at City Field. Tuesday, that's the eighteenth Rotissory Chicken Night upper Deck City Field. We're gonna organize it later this week.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about this Mets Braves series real quick before you get going into the juicy gossip. Only took one of three. Zach Thornton pitch and all mcleaym pitch. Everybody kind of did relatively what we expected. The Mets just didn't really hit enough to win the series.
Speaker 3: They hit a lot of Monday. After the game. On Monday, I was drinking a disgusting amount of kool aid for the post deadline Mets, ignoring everything in my brain and following everything in my heart, being like, maybe maybe we are just going to go on a run. I again, stupid as hell, and I see the ball the bullpender grests in a really massive way. A few games after that, but in that game, we lit up Bryce Elder thankfully. I said that that was the goal this series was lighting up Bryce Elder. Francisco Lindor got the home run, inching that ops ever closer to eight hundred. As again the puff pieces keep coming out about him. Can't wait to talk about that a little bit. Brett Baty hit the Grand Slam, like what exactly where he his first career home run in Atlanta? Is just amazing how much he how much he loves right field lan He loves right field Atlanta so much he backed up a play who with off the wall? Was it a Kunya? Yeah, Kunya hit off the wall on Wednesday and Luis Ropportunia was just kind of hanging out in center, Carson benched over into the wall and Brett Bady goes out to right field to get the ball at the second base. But just a nice game on Monday, and again there was that moment where I kind of was drinking the kool aid about this Mets team being leaving like a better than five hundred ball club with this god awful roster down the stretch.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a conversation we had on the last episode of that. There are good pieces here for a cor and we're missing a very, very big one in mon Sota right now, and they're playing better baseball than they were earlier in the season, and it's just it felt like all this stuff happened a little bit too late again threading the needle. The common theme of this season is just trying to be a little too particular, and it's probably a little bit too late now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely a little bit too late. I mean even just again, we want to spend ten to fifteen minutes in these episodes now talking about the actual series and talk about all the juicy stuff that you guys are clicking on our titles and thumbnails for. But I liked seeing Christian Scott. I mean, he definitely wasn't super efficient game. His command was way worse than it's been lately. He had to battle a little bit, and that was kind of frustrating because he got Spy the five run lead before he took them out, So I would have liked to see him hang out for five and get a victory. But he's just one of those starts where he wasn't very fine against the lefties, and it's kind of unfortunate because the Braves don't really platoon, so he had the opportunity to face more righty than usual in this game, but again just a little Waukee didn't have super great command to think of the sweeper or the cover gave up a lot of hits. It's just you know, one of those starts wasn't really perfect, but the ballpen super picked him up.
Speaker 2: This feels like the classic start of a guy coming back from a major surgery in a season where he's been pitching so incredibly well that when he isn't at that same level, you almost have to remind yourself again that this guy is coming back from a major, major injury. So there's gonna be times where he just doesn't have the stuff. The arm strength looks great, but he's still building it up. He still doesn't have that many innings in the last few years underneath his belt. So for Christian Scott to like have a human start against the Braves, yes, frustrating from the standpoint of couldn't get the win and couldn't get five. But at the same time, and I know you're not saying this, James, but couldn't be less worried about Christian Scott right now.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm not worried about any Mets pictures.
Speaker 3: I'm worried. Worry is the furthest thing from my mind. Even talking about the game on Tuesday, it was nice to get diced up by Martine Paris not even have the effect my mood one io. That was amazing, Like that.
Speaker 1: Was just nice.
Speaker 3: That was beautiful to go through and see it just again, I'm gonna run around all this stuff chaos haphazardously. It's really cool to see the growth of Nolan McLain where he can have a game like he did on Tuesday, where he's not even close to being sharp in any way, shape or form, and they still just can't even touch him. Like that's a that's an amazing thing for a picture who's still technically a rookie as he continues his pursuit towards the Rookie of the Year with nowt three point four two era just to be again not sharp. Sinker command was kind of all over the place, miss badly, with a few of them finding more reasons to lean on that high fastball, which is really cool how he's been able to locate that, but also kind of hypothesizing that maybe that's impacting his sinker command and he went to more colors than this because the curveball was really really wonky again, and just not that many sweepers. He just fully went away from sweeper. It almost like they're two sweepers in this game. I can never imagine a time he should be doing that. Besides like this where he just doesn't know where it's going.
Speaker 1: It really feels like at times in that stadium.
Speaker 2: And this is completely anecdotal that it plays like Cours for pitchers where I've never seen so many good pitchers who can spin it just completely lose it like you do in Atlanta, and not even like watching the Mets play there, watching other teams play there too, It's like, oh and Ace walks into Atlanta and he gets his tits lit? How is that even possible? It feels like it happens way more than often. Yes, the Braves have a good line up, so that's gonna play a part of it. But I know it's like sneaky. The second highest elevation I think in the league.
Speaker 3: I was about to say that it's very I mean, it's not enough elevation to impact the pitches in any way or shape or form close to what Corus Field does. But this is the second highest elevation all baseball, which is a very, very use at the bars this weekend. Guy's a trivia question with your homies, which statey of Major Leaue baseball is the second highest elevation because there's Atlanta. But again, when McClain does and have it, he's still so good. That is the mark of someone who can grow in to being an ace. Also like how the day after it starts he's out there taking ground balls and Francisco Lindoor asking for footwork points is a short stop, like who does shit like that?
Speaker 2: No, the Mets are definitely like loose and I think and again we'll talk more about Lindor here in a couple of minutes. But like the fact that we're seeing more of these things I think happening as the season's gone on. Where it felt like at the beginning of the year we couldn't get a morsel of anything about anything going on with this team whatsoever. Now we're seeing guys seem to be hanging out a little bit more, having a little bit more fun. I wish that the fun coincided with winning and chasing a playoff spot, which it does not, so does make the pressure.
Speaker 1: Feel a little bit less for these guys.
Speaker 2: But maybe that's just something where they can use that as a positive to grow for next season because we can't keep doing this year after year now, Like the Mets do need to take this pressure and handle it. Well, this is a good way to learn it.
Speaker 3: It's almost like there was a target on their back coming into the season. They don't really know how to handle that pressure.
Speaker 1: Get no targeting. You can't put a target on the back for a team that sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well again it because they suck now, but the target was on their back. Also, we saw Gabriel Aarius's Met's deput He's gotta have the worst hair in Major League Baseball. I don't know what's going on there with that thing.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's a look that I don't think Shiny you got great hair, James. I don't think you could even pull that hair off. It is truly one of a kind, and I don't I don't know how one gets a hair to look like that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't neither, But get a shout out him for getting it to look like that. Also, I want to know what.
Speaker 1: Looked back at that trade.
Speaker 2: By the way, how did the how did the Cleveland Guardians get seven prospects for Mike Clevenger.
Speaker 3: At the time, Clevenger was nasty. Like I it was, ahm in time, we didn't know how much of a shithead he was. Yet he's like absolute piece of dirt.
Speaker 2: He just got so many guys, like they got Nailer, they got Hedges, they got Gabriel Arias. None of them have really panned out to be like he's super superstars, but like it was a crazy trade.
Speaker 1: Looking back at.
Speaker 3: It, I mean, Prebler's just he's aj Preller and we're seeing the Padres next week's we'll talk about him then. Also, I don't know why Jay Planco maybe stopped taking three hundred swings before games, because seems like that's the only time this whole year the swing was right, and swing's not looked anywhere close to right since then. Whatsoever?
Speaker 1: So bad?
Speaker 3: This is also I feel like this happened to the Mets more times I can ever remember this year. But they even have an extra base hit in this game.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happens. And we kind of joked about at the beginning of the year. It's like for everybody, who will you know, the Mets a swinger for the fence is too much. Okay, congrats. Now you can watch Boba, Schett and Marcus me and get six hundred plate appearances this year. Instead of guys with home runs enjoy singles. You're gonna have a hard time scoring runs in a lot of games.
Speaker 5: Science experiment for the one minute, we have to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt, just opened it and to pour some powder into my water. Shake it up and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 6: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free, Stevia free, keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 5: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talk about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested, give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u I n C dot com slash f o u L for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quins dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Simmy, it is such a sad that bad to watch. Also, we saw Jeffreyon not there strikes this game, so that was just a good time. We did that good. He checked look good again on Wednesday, But could he check on Jeffreyon and Chase McDermand who still flashes nice stuff but got roped in the was at the eighth inning against the Braves. That was that was rough one, but this was it was nice on Tuesday and Wednesday. These games are over fast speak quick, easy losses. And then just watching Zach Thorton on Wednesday worthwhile fun pitcher. We tell him the next Johnnice. I'd like that he's widened the repertoire out more. I like that we had more opportunities to see him against the left handed bathers in this game, because again, the Braves don't platoon as much as many other teams in the league. It's just I like, I like Zach Thorton. We're gonna keep saying in every single podcast that he's he's a fun young pitcher. Please don't put sky high expectations on him because he had a really good five start run to start his career.
Speaker 1: I don't know, James.
Speaker 2: The comments section says that we pick on Zach Thornton, that we are.
Speaker 3: So I think we're doing to protect him.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I couldn't disagree more. I think we're actually being one realist is not being hard on someone that is that there needs more realism in this world.
Speaker 1: A lot of people live in fantasy land.
Speaker 2: Zach Thornton himself knows that he is not an an ace pitcher in the Mets rotation. But I want the mentality for him to be that he goes out there every single time and I am better than you, which I do get that sense with him, which a lot of times from a lot of left handed pitchers in this organization over the last decade talk about the mental side of things. They had zero mentals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want you to just pull all these He's in the same bucket that's that's you're being a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Doing this right. I'm doing it. I'm doing that. They have to be put in the same bucket.
Speaker 3: Marks A leftis you heard it here first. But I also like if you if you saw on Instagram. You don't know if you follow Zach, but he did the post the other day and he's an Oliver Tree songs. That's a ball nower right there. And I did like in this Star specifically that he was just in trouble. It felt like like from the first five pitches of every single inning game. Yeah, and he's just he's really he has this innate ability and some people could say this is bullshit, this is you know, this is not there's nothing in the spreadsheet, guys. But he just grits his teeth and he finds ways through. He got that nice double play off of Olsen when it was first and third, nobody out. I think that was the third inning, and then he got well Roble Queen Junior just ran into an out in the fifth inning, just out of nowhere. And then Zach Thorton was able to leave the start on a high note. I thought they were gonna try and push him for seven, but they had to get Dadanielle in there to really try and secure the loss. Because remember people hearing us about being upset, this team wasn't tanking. Were this team's gonna tank by accident? Guys, The deadline was was the Tanka bullpen is a baseball bad for as excited as he's been about for the last week. But again, you take Thorin out after a nice one two, three innings, six innings, quality start, eighty pitches. He can leave this game with his head health high, rather than trying to push him an additional ending and risk leaving a start with a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got the loss in this one, but he is by no means the reason the Mets lost this game. He made a great start, Like you said, it wasn't a dominant start to win where the lack of Mets offense could have overcame what happened.
Speaker 1: But I like Zach Thornton.
Speaker 2: I think he's really good, and I do think that the common section is misconstruing a lot of what we're saying about him.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to protect our boy because we don't want.
Speaker 2: The nonsense that happens every single time a rookie gets called up and has, like you said, a good little five start stretch.
Speaker 3: Or like the first half from David Peterson twenty twenty five, where you're like, Yep, this is it. He's nice. It's not. Just wait a second, did you see a nice Tyler Moley looked in this game?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The Braves they fucking did it again.
Speaker 3: I mean he just the way he was commanding that fastball and splither like it was. It was perfect. He'd lived on that out of the edge with those two pitches, and if you looked at his pitch start from this game, they were just lined up on the outer edge against the Rities. The fastballs were about a little leather high, but still like right on the black and the spit is just falling down, straight down off it was. It was beautiful. And we also keep having the Francisco Alvarez conversations because when he's ninth in the oither fucking rakes one of the best lighters in the game the Gary and I think Ron dropped it on Monday that of all hitters who've hit the ninth spot in the oarder this year, Alvarez has the highest hope ps by far when hitting in the ninth spot, like something in the nine hundreds. But every time he goes to a different spot, he has no approach, he has no semblance of the play at the play whatsoever. I really don't know what it is. It's like an insane hintrance in his development that he has to hit ninth to hit effectively.
Speaker 1: It feels like there is a definite focus issue with Francisco Alvarez, and something about hitting ninth, at least from an offensive side, gets him to focus a little bit more because also to.
Speaker 3: The opposite you think he gets a relax I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, man, because at the I think the the reason I said the focus problem is because he has regressed so insanely.
Speaker 1: Are defensively is he can't catch. He can't catch the baseball. It is a difficult thing for him to do. Right now. That's all focused, that's all. That's all that is.
Speaker 3: He's up to an eleven hundred ops and one hundred and ten play the appearances from the ninth spot in the order. But I'm saying I think he's a little bit too in. I mean, this is again not defensively. I'm talking offensively at the plate, like in that ninth inning when the Met's kind of had the Lacy's on the ropes after the Boat sold a home run and he's up there is to go ahead run. He's very clearly trying to hit through an home run and be the hero win the game. Oh wait, he hits a pop out and outside fastball or color to first base and he like it looked like he kind of had a freak out ime. They quickly s Andy caught the pan of Ossie Albi's and mettals a kind of looking back at him, like he is he really like pissed off right now, Like they were like kind of shocked about his reaction to a PopOut for a team twenty game fifteen games under in the middle of August, Like it just seems like when he's in the ninth spot he can take that deep breath and just kind of follow his plan, relax, be a part of the game. But I don't know what else happens to him where he's just overly intense too often.
Speaker 2: Sometimes We talked about this earlier in the year, and it's just it gets more and more true every single game.
Speaker 3: And a nice bounce back performance by Yon he got in and out of dead nails jam with just seven pitches, throwing strikes, struck out, made alson a subdued celebration. Yeah, chilled out a little bit since that first outing. I think he was just jacked up in that first outing because.
Speaker 1: He should be.
Speaker 2: He was he was selling refrigerators and doing roofing in Arizona. He should be able to do whatever he wants. And also I think good good for the mental side of thing, the wherewithal to understand that the Mets are losing.
Speaker 1: It's not about him right now. It's not about get the job done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting a hold, cleaning out anything like that. Yet be more amped up. But we just haven't seen one on ones. We've been seeing ninety sevens ninety eight. So I do think the adrenaline was and again rightfully so just pomping in that first start.
Speaker 1: Gun in Cleveland maybe who knows.
Speaker 3: Who knows how gun in Cleveland, But I do think that's Oh and the last thing funny that happens week coda is the closer. Now Devin Williams on the injured list, and he looks really good, look nasty. This is very funny that this happening, and this actually might work like he especially seeing it in this series, like watching Dylan Dodd roll out there for the Braves and be a lockdown reliever liked Didyer. Fuentes is also one of the best relievers in baseball. Like it's okay sometimes to make take a failed starter and put them in the bullpen. I feel like the mess ye, I mean, that's crazy poll right now, wayde Davis. Maybe because as a good recent one, but like that's not recently anymore.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I'm un but it's a decade.
Speaker 3: It's a long time ago. Jesus Christ. You're allowed to do that. I feel like the mess. Just don't bite the ball to do that very often where you can take the starters and you can move back to the rotation at some point if they get it back together. But like right now, like I saying, gould be next year's Luke Weaver.
Speaker 2: I mean the day, the day that that happens to Silo or McGill, I think we're gonna we're gonna have to go out and have a drink and celebrate.
Speaker 1: We've been We've been calling for that since the inception of this podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, watching his brother, it's crazy, it's taken us long. I mean, he's still might be a good no starter, but we'll see. But it was also funny that Bench just uck that ball into the crowd right after. So funny, And it was funny seeing them interact, Like it's fun that those two guys seem like to have a great relationship. It was nice to see Code that's just like happy.
Speaker 1: It's rare.
Speaker 3: He hasn't smiled in years.
Speaker 1: Probably since we last interviewed him.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the way he pitched through the final few winnings of that start against the Phillies game one of the DS. Yeah, that was probably the last good moment he had in this team. But it's just it was nice to see him be happy, see that, like Spark back with him, and again he looked gross just going before seemers high and goes forks low like that. He can be a really really effective leiver, I have no doubt about that. So happy and also happy he actually did get.
Speaker 2: The ball back they reported, Oh did really nice. Yeah good Code put that. Put that one up in your trophy case. But I think that's pretty much it about this series.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's the whole serious feels like we got everything. Jared Young still just plays good ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good ballplayer.
Speaker 3: We know that, Lolouise. Robert Junior played a real lazy center field on Wednesday, and then he smashed the home run.
Speaker 2: A j Ewing did make that great diving catch, and Psychopathic did some was Gary did Gary go on a little bit of a tangent about like he needs to be playing center field every day of Louis from the Bear playing center. Unless I missed that one read that.
Speaker 3: On Twitter, you might have. I was. I was muted for a lot of the Tuesday game. I was doing some work in the background. But I think I think that's true. I don't know why we're keeping Robert Junior in centerfield. They're like, oh, you know, he's he's never played the corner raffield. You know, now it's a good time to try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, if the if one sol is gonna be a dch next year, we need a corner rail fielder.
Speaker 3: There you go, Robert. There's also still a nice centerfielder, like he made a few ors really good catches this series. Also, Baty had another decent game at second. He just can't hit a lick though, so.
Speaker 1: We're just except for the Grand Slam, except.
Speaker 3: For the Grand Slam, but he still at least plays hard. That's the difference between him and some of these other guys. We're going to be non tender can and it's like him hoofing it out to right field again to get that ball off the wall, and Robert Jr. Was staring at Lightning Bucks like that's that's the difference right there with Brett Baty. While why he'll be on the roster next year.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Letex, shall we? They have apparel for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about it?
Speaker 7: Kratz, Well, I have it on right now, and I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep stealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt, my son sole one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 5: And if it gets a little bit chillier, then it's layering season, and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's talk about the elephant in the room, right Yeah, Lindor Time, Lindor Time. So Mike Puma got an exclusive what do we call this interview, Calling with You with Francisco Lindor. Here's the headline.
Speaker 2: Francisco Lindor tells the Post why he wants to remain a met and why his confidence in Brass hasn't shaken. Shout out to me and James forgetting the free trial and canceling it instantly so you guys don't have to That's right. We got the free trial of the Post Sports Plus, and I gotta say wasn't worth it because we really did get too much more than we already saw on the internet.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I do love.
Speaker 2: A lot of what Francisco Lindor is saying. I really only had like one issue or exception with anything that he said. Otherwise, I thought everything was perfect. Stuff that I love to hear.
Speaker 3: I do too, stuff I love to hear. I love to hear his confidence in the team, in the brass, specifically in the process. There were a lot of process lad In comments he made, and again we're going to read all them for you. Guys. You don't have to get a New York Post Plus. That's our gift to you in this episode. Podcast pays for itself.
Speaker 2: Fast or try to squeeze out a couple dollars for the big New York Post. That the difference between Sports Plus subscription reading this article and not was like literally two paragraphs at the end where Lindor's talking about Wandy Austin.
Speaker 3: Yet yeah, right in the fact that you even mentioned him and also one fourteen max eggs and velocity for Wandy Austian. If a sixteen year old did that in America, there'd be op eds written about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've made an alteration to my I almost hit altercation. That would have been the classic me wrong word alteration to my top prospect list for mess.
Speaker 1: He is now number two.
Speaker 2: You hit it one fourteen at sixteen, you're like a top one hundred prospect in baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I kind of agree with that too. And again, guys, we made our top one hundred, top ten, not one hundred, Jesus Christ, our top ten Mets prospect list. We played that last Saturday, so in case you missed that in the shuffle of just a weekend and then a series happening really quickly, no off day.
Speaker 2: That is kind of funny though, to think about ranking the top one hundred Mets prospects, that's just ranking every met minor league.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should do that. I also want to find the perfect time where we're going to do a Monster episode. I don't know if August at the right time. This might have to be something that waits until November December, where we go ahead and grate every single move in David Stern's era, like we go calm and crow for Adrian Houser and Tyrone Taylor all the way through to the trade deadline of the year, just straight through we do Houser. That's what I'm saying. Like it's gonna be like a ninety minute video. We're gonna go every single transaction. But back to this article right here, I do think that in some worthing of this two points, I do really think the door still opened. The door at this door, I think he kept it cracked open in case a trade work to come up, in case something crazy where to happen. The plan is for me to be here for my contract. When I signed up here, it was to be in the good times the bad times, and to win. He has no trade claws, so it ultimately is up to him. But specifically the quote that went around a little bit on social media that when you are in a big market, there's not such thing as a rebuild. There is a little bit of a transition. That's it. You can't afford to rebuild a big market. So I think we're working towards the right place. We have not taken a step backwards. I think that's him leaving the door slightly nudged.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think tiny bit that in case this offseason again doesn't look like it's going to yield a winning ball club, and there's a reason for him. I don't think this will happen. I think there's a less than five percent chance, but just in case he can do it and it won't really look like as bad as a guy.
Speaker 2: See, I disagree because I think like the problem that I had in this article was was this comment right here of that we have not taken a step backwards. Definitely have. I think that's that's a little that's little.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys were in the NLCS and you haven't even come close in the last two years, So definitely a step back along with bringing one of the best players in baseball and mon Soto to a team that was in the NLCS the prior year haven't made the playoffs since. But at the same time, I think a lot of these quotes the reason he went It seems like.
Speaker 1: He went to Booma to tell him this. That's the other confusing side is how did the Posts get these quotes from Francisco indoor and not like a good publication.
Speaker 3: Well that's the part too, that somehow, some way.
Speaker 1: We keep doing these interviews with the Post.
Speaker 3: Maybe this was just in Lindora's mind to acquiesce the people who are fanning the flame. The I did like the fact that as they were promoting the post game show today Gary keith Ron and it was about Francisco Lindora Tellal with the new York Post. He was like, all right, he finally told off, can we stopped talking about this now because it's not an issue. I like that Gary said that because again, it does feel like every single time there's any public comments about this, it's like, no, we're not consider they're trading him. But yeah, at the same time, there's been probably too smoke, to the fact that too much smoke, to the fact that it's never come up inside that room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could buy that that at least the thought of what I can see David Stearns in the front office having a conversation of what would it take for us to trade Francisco Lindor, What is the package that we would want back in order to move a guy like Lindor. I think that is a conversation that has probably been had, So you're right there. But also at the same time, I feel like all the smoke does not ever come from anybody inside the Mets. It's the classic rival execs feel that Francisco Lindor will be traded this offseason. It's like everybody else, for some reason, can just stir the fucking pot out the New York Mets and then for some reason the mutants in the Mets world that run with this shit, or then even just the rest of the media is.
Speaker 1: Like, for instanceco Lindor will be traded this offseason.
Speaker 3: And again like the Post continuing to get this access, especially to Lindoor. He's going to Mike Puma and he's sharing these very in depth quotes. We have some more that thought were very interesting from those, but like, why again, why does this keep happening? Why are they getting these scoops? Why is this not Will Salmon or even Anthony Dicomo at this point, Like why or even.
Speaker 2: If past and who's got a fucking podcast right now? Who's getting everybody on to say things.
Speaker 3: Like are like, as a New York Post like threatening the Mets with these crazy scoops that are going to come out if you don't give like these very tell all interviews I could do.
Speaker 1: I mean, how could Mike Puma ever be threatening?
Speaker 3: I mean also, that's just like Puma, I guess to a degree, Like Puma is old school. Puma has been around this team forever. Like the people in the Mets brass are like, yeah, poom, Like that's Puma, Like he's always around. You gotta you give Puma, somebody to give the Post something round. It is one of the biggest, if not the biggest paper in New York at this point. Probably I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, as someone who barely reads and definitely doesn't read the newspaper, I have no clue.
Speaker 3: Not newspaper guys. But again, it's odd that this continues to come up all the time. It has not stopped. But just to give these quotes now from Lindor, we have the right guys. Stearns is the right guy. That is number one. We have one of the best owners in sports history because Cohen is going to always have the energy that needs to be put in this team. And then goes on some more interesting stuff later on. Yes, we have the players you want to build around. You have the young pitching staff along with a couple of pitchers that are a little bit older. If you've got Marcus Imu still got a couple of years. You have bo it's gonna be up to him if he stays. You have the young players, talk about Benjiouing, and then you look at the minor league system. You feel we got better at the trade deadline. So believe we are working that we are working forward every season. Every season that you lose a lot of the games, it might look like you're taking a step back or not, because there's other things happening around it that they're propelling us forward.
Speaker 2: I also think it's crazy too that in the article it talks about how Lindor mentioned a bunch of the guys that they just recently acquired at the deadline. That he mentioned Jefferson row hospot name, which makes sense it's top one hundred prospects, mentioned Billy Hammick behind him, which I think.
Speaker 1: Is kind of you be like me.
Speaker 2: It's a little SaaS meme of like getting drafted thefl Like you're talking about me? Why why am I being mentioned in this article, also mentioning Ellie and Pani and Jandi Asinan.
Speaker 1: The thing that makes me think that.
Speaker 2: Lindor, I mean, there's a lot of things that made me think Lindor has no interest.
Speaker 1: In leaving the Mets.
Speaker 2: No the tons of money, the lifestyle that he has, the fact that it seems like his family is really really happy being in New York.
Speaker 1: It seems like he's really happy being in New York. Again.
Speaker 2: All of the noise that ever comes out about Francisco Lindor never comes from him himself, never comes from anybody in the Mets front office, never comes from any people that actually matter.
Speaker 1: It is always it's noise.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, which is why we try to tell you that all the time on this podcast of listen to the people who are speaking and or who are saying it.
Speaker 1: There's always an agenda. It seems like to.
Speaker 2: Me, I just it seems like Lindor is really bought into, not only again being a New York Met, but the process, like you mentioned earlier, him singling out David Stearns, I think is one gotta be kind of a nice feeling for David Stearns, who is not a favorite by any means of probably even some players in this locker room right now, and also at the same time is clearly hated by the fan base or most of the fan base because of the moves that have been made. But he's not second guessing what David Stearns has done, even in a year again where the Mets have vastly underperformed.
Speaker 3: And at the time when if there was anybody in this locker room I think would have the most negative things to say, specifically about David Stearns of what he's done over the last year, it would be Lindor. Lindor has been here for five years now, pie Alonzo, brand Nemo and Francisco Lindor were a unit. Those guys were a core. Despite all of the absolute bullshit that people spew about the politics that's broken this locker room part, none of it's true. I really think if anybody was the most upset about the way this offseas turned out, it was very likely Francisco Lindor and I think that's him Pelonzo were like best friends who loved each other.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: That and along with the fact of like, let's just talk about like the Soto drama nonsense that we've been hearing about for like the last two years.
Speaker 1: We even mentioned that this was like a sneaky thing to keep an eye out for.
Speaker 2: Was Lindor went from being the big man on campus of the Mets, of the highest paid player, the superstar everybody loved him, to now moan Soto's coming and said, I make.
Speaker 1: Two times as much money as you.
Speaker 2: I am now the favorite player of a fan base despite playing for rivals and the team across town. Congratulations you're number two now, and even still with all that, for Francisco Lindor to not make a peep publicly about any of this, I feel like it's just is it too obvious? Is that the problem with it that it's so obvious that people have to make up these fake things.
Speaker 3: And while also not making it peep publicly. Like we've said a few times, I'm sure that there's been moments in the last two years where Francisco Lindor wasn't exactly additive inside the clubhouse. Yes, it does seem like if he was, we wouldn't have had some of the issues and some of the things that have trickled out from relatively trusted sources over the last year. That's all in their fine. But I also like how he went on in this piece to again continue to talk about process stuff the Mets are doing and stuff that I don't even think that it's super great process the way he's describing it, but just the fact how much confidence seems like he has in the organization I'm talking about again. You mentioned the fact that he talked about Ellie and Panie, Wanda Astiny and lower in the system. Booma said that they are not imminent, but Wan Sola wasn't in the picture with the Nationals. He was in High A. Then he's in the big league. Same thing with Jose Rimers, he was in hig A, then he finished the year in the big leagues. J Ewing last year was supposed to be in the big leagues this year, so he was early. You never know. They're going to develop in different ways. We have guys like that, We have other pictures the minor league system that might not seem like big time prospects, but they're going to help us. Yeah, I mean like he's locked in.
Speaker 2: He's locked in, He's not just locked into what's going on at the major league level. It also seems like he's very, very focused on who's going to be playing alongside him while he is still here as the New York And it's even funny because Puma, I guess, mentioned him about have you considered that by the end of the month that you'll be at the halfway point through your contract with the Mets? Lindor Electric quote, No, because I live in the moment, and I know I'm getting older when it comes to baseball age, but I am not old at the end of the day. I still see it as I have got many years left. But with that being said, we've got to win. We've got to win, right, I want to help this team win. And I don't know how why, what would ever lead a Mets fan to not love how he ended that we have got to win.
Speaker 1: We have to win. I want to help this team win. That's all you could ever ask for out of your superstar player, along with the fact that he's still playing really good baseball. The ops is all the way back up to seven to sixty. By the end of August, it's probably gonna be in the eight hundreds or at least really really close to it.
Speaker 2: And what do you know, Francisco Lindor is gonna be one of the best shortstops in baseball again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And that's kind of the crux of this whole thing, that Francisco Lindor is the type of superstar caliber future Hall of Famer that other players that'd be a little bit more concerned about how quickly they could fall off into their early thirties. But he has enough strong underlying metrics right now, enough underlying improvements this year compared to last, and enough of a base of production where I still think we're going to get a Franciscal Indoors a really good hit there for the next few years. And again, I think the biggest concern is defensively. And I do wonder if the thing that can actually fractures relationship in the offseason is if the Mets brass comes to the door and says, hey, see this kid, Mitch Voyd, and he's gonna be ready next June. If if this happens like a would you be willing to not be the shortstop sooner than we first thought when you signed this contract. And I do wonder how that kind of conversation will go or if there's some things, have some crazy ship to leave this offseason I think is much less likely to short steps don't get traded. Besides, Franciscal Indoors is a miracle we've ever got him in the first literals. But yeah, I do he's going to be It seems like part of this and whatever you guys think in your mind for better or worse, but I think this is definitely better. And even since he came off the Angeles, he's been great for the whole month.
Speaker 2: So a baseball player, we have so much data to tell us that Francisco Lindor is an elite baseball player, and people saw a sample size that was a month of COVID baseball and was like, I'm done trade them.
Speaker 1: This guy sucks for no reason.
Speaker 2: And again, nobody connected to the Mets has ever had any inclination that Francisco Indoor wants to, should be or isn't welcome in this team.
Speaker 3: And even if someone did have the inclination, he's doing a shit ton of money and has a full note trade clause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He should be like, I love it here. I don't want to fucking go. He doesn't have to do the Brandon Nemo.
Speaker 3: It's just basically, no matter what, no matter how much some people are gonna kick and scream, it's most likely just not going to happen.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope it doesn't. I hope it never does.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I wanted to retire to the metal. I want to go into the Hall of Fame with a Mets cap on.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: What I was saying is I hope we don't talk about this anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love I would actually seriously love Francisco Indoor.
Speaker 2: If there's ever a world where you're listening to forty minutes into the Mets Stuff podcast on August thirteenth, when it comes out, Please stop talking to the reporters about anything. Everyone understands you want to be here. We don't need to have this conversation anymore. Please stop feeding into the idiots.
Speaker 3: And we want you here, but we want you here. Yes, a few other things to close this out. Just one more about Gary Keith and Ronnigay. I liked that they made the mention about Lindor, like this conversation you get to stop. I also love that this year, as they were just saying fucking in the booth, three of them together down Atlanta the end of this game where it was not very good baseball being played there, yap. And about travel schedules, Keith is like, I can't take the late flight. I'm going seven thirty in the morning. Funny.
Speaker 2: Keith also having the grudge against what was his high school football coach.
Speaker 3: I think it was baseball. It was football, so I.
Speaker 1: Think it was a football coach.
Speaker 2: But he had a grudge over a coach called him out by name on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: That guy's very dead.
Speaker 3: He's probably been dead for thirty years. I also liked that they highlighted some random Mets do in the stands, just like dancing with his arms being funny. That clip has a chance to stick around, like the old famous twist water bottle clip from a decade ago that was probably more a decade ago at this point, but fun to hear them. Yap and want to shout out new fran Samy Steffura because he did a little interview with a with Max Goodman, who I think is NJ dot com Beat reported their first year in the b for Max and he has to four his all time Mets team, And some people were getting on Sammy because he said his all time Mets third baseman was J. J. Davis. I got. I want to tell people to back off the kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I back off the kid. Won Why do you care what he picks?
Speaker 1: Two? He is a Mets fan. I'm telling you he is a Mets fan.
Speaker 3: I've been accusing him of being a fake Mets fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had conversationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sammy David Wright is the only right answer at third base.
Speaker 1: But also to his credit, he's twenty one years old, so he was born in what two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Five, He's born two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Okay, two thousand and four, so let's just say he started to following. Some people don't follow baseball until they're ten years old. I think that's even early for like ninety five percent of baseball fans. So Sammy Stefora was ten years old in twenty fourteen. That's what prime. David Wright like it with.
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen because it was November. It had been nine that whole season, okay.
Speaker 2: So like, yeah, twenty fifteen he got to see the lesser version of David Wright play the game. I think he understands that David Ray is a better player than J. D.
Speaker 3: Davis.
Speaker 2: I also think the question was more so who would be your infield based on who you grew up watching? And I know it sounds insane because JD. Davis played for third base for the Mets in twenty nineteen. But for someone born in two thousand and four, he was like fourteen years old, fifteen years old, that's like prime. I remember all the teams when I was fourteen fifteen. I talk about Omark Anthonia all the time.
Speaker 3: Just to give a sense of how young Sammy Stuffer is. He was signed less than fewer than two months before Carlos Beltran signed his first contract with the Mets. Oh god, no, November two thousand and four. Bell trans sign in January two thousand and five. Also, we talked about Sammy. Maybe the first time you start to really get in with these teams. You're ten years old. So you want to hear the Mets who've had the most played appearance at third base every year since twenty fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I can I take some guesses?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Twenty fifteen?
Speaker 1: Who wasn't I can't be David Wright.
Speaker 3: It wasn't David Wright.
Speaker 1: Was Eric Campbell?
Speaker 3: It was Eric Campbell? Nice?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen seventeen, same guy.
Speaker 1: That can't be David Right? You still missed so much time?
Speaker 3: Was not David Right? David whi' is not in this list? You'd never let the Mets and play the appearance at the third base after twenty fourteen?
Speaker 2: There you go, twenty sixteen seventeen, would that have been? No, that's not the Todd Father.
Speaker 1: I don't think Oh, Wilmer, Wilmer, Yeah, that's right, he.
Speaker 3: Was third base eighteen nineteen. Was the Todd Father? Twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: Davis boom Right, there twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Fever twe Mets? Oh EDWARDO Escobar? No?
Speaker 3: That was twenty twenty two, Jose ray Is no? Thank God?
Speaker 1: Who's the mister? Basement? Twenty twenty one?
Speaker 3: Johnathan Vr?
Speaker 1: How did I forget?
Speaker 3: Old?
Speaker 1: Johnthan Vr? Shot out ernie twenty twenty three, twenty twenty three, wait we skip twenty twenty two?
Speaker 3: Two is Escobar okay?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three? Third base for the Mets? So this was who was it?
Speaker 3: Bret Baby that's never good? Was also him in twenty twenty five? Now what that's time? It was good in twenty twenty four, Mark Fianzos This year Boba Schett so bit of revolving to her third base in Samyston was probably watching a lot of Mets games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he just he didn't get to really see a lot of David right probably. I think it's very fair to to give someone at least the leeway of like over under ten and a half years.
Speaker 1: Old when you started watching the Mets.
Speaker 3: And twenty nineteen J. D. Davis when Samuel was fourteen years old, was sick magical.
Speaker 1: I'll never believe theable that that walk off against the Cleveland Guardians down the left field line. That was amazing was that.
Speaker 3: No, that was Todd Fraser had to walk off against the Nationals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That's when I bought a Todd Father jersey. Shout Sean Doolittle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these prospects are young, don't hassle them on social media. I don't really get it, and I feel like not cool, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doubt Honestly, some of the biggest loser shit we've ever done as a Mets fan base is sounding this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's say it's deferred. Chill it again. We'd love love to have him on this podcast soon and again guys. We said at the top, we're planning messed up community outing in city Field upper deck Tuesday, August eighteenth against the Nationals. And if you guys want, we're gonna trying to eat a bunch of re tissery chickens. So everyone's welcome to bring their own. It's it's a b yo RC being a ruined rotisserie chicken into the upper decas city Field. They have very lax food policy they bring in. They'll let you bring in any food you bring from homes, right.
Speaker 2: And probably a soft container. I feel like you probably can't bring in a hard shell.
Speaker 3: Im I'm literally I'm gonna pick one up on my walk to the train.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I'm grabbing one right from one of the trade fairs or very freshes.
Speaker 1: Or whatever you're around me in Astoria.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to a foodp is over in Brooklyn. But that's that's going to be the plan. Really again, you guys don't have to bring retist chicken. In't give a shit if you don't. Don't give a shit if you do. But that's what we're gonna do. What you kind of want to see if we get a viral moments, Seves and I will show us on TV section We'll see section five twenty one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna just say it now, something in the corner. Well, we'll find something in the corner again. All the information will be in the Mets up discord, So link will be in the description of this YouTube video if you want to join. It's completely free. It's pretty cool place. It's like super super active shouts everybody in there. And then before we wrap up Little Mets preview for the next series, James. Otherwise, people are gonna lose their mind if.
Speaker 3: We don't give them this goy to do the preview this weekend. Nice off to Anthras. Everyone enjoy off day from this godforsaken team. I hope Mark and I will. But Friday weekend series against the Nationals coming to town. Nationals also just dramatically falling out of the playoff race right now, but we've got some fun pitching matchups of course, Friday night seven to ten. That's what we'll be watching closely. Robert Stock versus Andrew Alvarez Andrew Alphares.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Am I wrong in saying he's got no stuff? But it just keeps working.
Speaker 3: No, Andrew Alphas does a cool thing. There's a cool Fangratz article about him where he has a nice curveball and he's got a Jyro slider that plays off it because he can throw the pitches the same velo and they have different movement. Interesting, okay, which usually we're throwing curveball and is moving more, it's coming in slower. But the fact that he has one pitch that dropped a few inches and one pitch that dropped a few inches more and they got the same velocity, it helps him be very deceptive. So that's a cool thing. Then Saturday I think we're going to see Jackson Kent, interesting prospect coming up for the Nationals. He's facing Sean and Ila left off and then Sunday Magnets. He left that one big Lank Clubs. That's also a fourteen, great game to go to. And then Sunday one for the Christian Scott against old friend Jake Irvin.
Speaker 1: Jake Irvin. Oh, he's due for ten strikeouts against the Mets or.
Speaker 3: Hopefully ten rounds. I want to see like an absolute barn Burners in these games. I want Robert Stock to pitch twelve. Of course, em and I and Christian Scott, but I'd like to see some like I want these Nationals team plays with action. They're right now without James wood c j Abrams still a monster. They trade Luis Garcia player to watch. I'by Melo Cortez. He I didn't realize the underlying stats this guy had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he might run a whiff rate at some point in the forty percent range, but he'd be swinging it.
Speaker 3: The swing decisions are good. You've seen the batspied on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bat speed's nuts.
Speaker 3: Seventy six min hour bath beats Sentile.
Speaker 1: How the league adjusts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely too. I mean he's a five to ten left tend to hitting first baseman, so there's definitely is an archetype concern. He was one of the auxiliary pieces and the Mackenzie Gore trade that made which is already insane dividends for the Nationals. Politiva Palt Boddy walked into Nashals said, you see how easy this fucking shit. This guy see how easy this to build a team in six months? This Dak has a wizard. But this Nationals team still as one of the worst bullpens in the league. They have bad pitching day in and day out. Let's get out there, have some fun. Let's le let's keep let's keep pushing Carson Ben's Rookie of the year and see Nolan McLeay could jump in the two. Let's get top two rookie of the year.
Speaker 4: Just for fun.
Speaker 2: Let's make sure that we know that the Nationals know that their season is dead. They got nothing left to play for.
Speaker 3: I think, I think there, I know.
Speaker 1: But I want to make sure. I want to stomp on the grave.
Speaker 3: Yes, and honestly, let's again, we're probably gonna wind up with top six lottery odds by accident. So just be okay. If this Mets team wins games, we can't be up the people who are, like in my mentions, upset that the Mets are winning games because they want to tank so badly. Just it's it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: I'd love the name.
Speaker 2: I'd love for them to name any of the top six picks over the last five years, name name one.
Speaker 3: I think some of these, I think some of them definitely could. All right, fine, Frankie Peppers to close this out with Frankie's hot sauce hot question.
Speaker 4: This is Franking tempers. How you're doing this team shows life immediately, it doesn't at all, So you know, we do what we do with that. I don't kind of want to say tonight, gentlemen, my hot take is is that you should prepare your hot takes before you have, you know, before you say what your hot take is. So gentleman, my question do you is what was what was your best time you just said something and it came out like really right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, we talk out our ass sometimes it happens, But what's been the best time you talked about your ass? And it makes sense? All right, gentlemen, take care, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Let's go mets.
Speaker 3: I got a few examples of that. You guys listen to hours of this podcast. Yeah, I mean, let's see an.
Speaker 1: Example of talking out of my ass, and it worked out for me.
Speaker 3: I was nasty in college at procrastinating and writing banging papers at the last minute. I think it was my second semester r junior year finals. A lot of my finals would be papers and essays because a lot of history and policide courses, and I have finals. I had like thirty five pages to write among like six essays in like four days, and I just I nailed it with zero drops of coffee.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: See, my whole play in college for procrastinating was it's just got to be a passing grade. I wasn't trying to get any sort of good grade if I was procrastinating to the last second. So honestly, getting a college degree pretty good talking out of my ass moment, considering how crazy that that entire college situation was for me. But truthfully, almost getting a job with Major League Baseball to run their YouTube channel, that's one of a good talking out of your ass moment.
Speaker 1: Just I know what I did. Well, I have no idea how it was actually gonna make that happen for the Major League Baseball YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Yeah right. I think when I was still applying to jobs that I weren't in sports. Every you have a job interview, I'm like, I'm I'm just yapping right now.
Speaker 2: I remember, right before I decided to full time, I applied for an advertising job to one job, one one job. They were like, Okay, you got the job, but you need to go to Charleston, West Virginia for a year before we moved you to the Atlanta office.
Speaker 1: I almost worked in Atlanta and they gave me like a wage that was like horrendous. It was like such a low amount of money, and I was like, I want this amount of money and I want to be in Atlanta right now.
Speaker 2: They called back through like deal. I'm like, ah, YouTube channel just took off. I'm not gonna take it. Sorry, guys, like, you can't do this.
Speaker 3: You can't do that to us.
Speaker 1: Fun experience, the.
Speaker 3: Only job you ever almost got, you told them, now that's yeah, oh my god. This. So many people are in Appy like this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: It's good be in Mark. It's good being Mark. But uh, yeah, that's a that's a good talk out your ass moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, a lot lots of opportunities like that. And in the world, especially when you in New York, you've got out every single week you talk out your ass everyone at the bar. It's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course rock Rolla. Shout out Rock Rolla as always.
Speaker 2: And then last little thing here, Uh just want to give a quick shout to my uncle George, huge Mets fan. Uh passed away this week and listened to the Messed Up podcast. We've talked about him before, but uh.
Speaker 3: We'll miss him in Yeah, love uncle George.
Speaker 1: Happy, Uncle George.
Speaker 3: Happy you got to see the next get one?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, let's go next.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 1: Guys, Thank you for listening, Thank you for watching.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe to metst up over on YouTube if you're listening to us Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a, RNE drops a review, download and subscribe.
Speaker 3: File James on social media at James Chiano.
Speaker 1: Then I'm drafting Mark. We'll catch you guys on the next one.
Speaker 3: Peace out, peace like guys, go Mets