Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser podcastser here's Nikki. Oh. I didn't hear the sound on my end, but here I am. Hi, I'm Nikki. It's the show. Welcome to it. Oh, I know why mode? Oh there it is kicking in. Hey guys from Nicky Glaiser. Welcome to the show, Snick Gleiser Podcast.
Speaker 2: What are you about? You had a smirk.
Speaker 1: I know, I just got a d M from Chris. That's like a private thing. But it was just like this was us and it was I just I just saw the what the video is? I already know what the what the video is. It's a clip from It's a very intense clip from Seventh Heaven. And we had a therapy session today or yesterday, a couple's therapy session where things got tense and he just sent this. We haven't really talked about it. Like you get off these couples if you don't live together, which we do, but he's in LA right now. You get done with a couple of syapy, you just like say bye and you log off, and then you like, wait, what do you do? Like usually you walk out together and you like hug in the parking lot and you go That was really good? Are you talking the elevator? And like then you go home and you kind of like but when you're in separate places, you're just gonna like do I can we just leave that there? I don't really want to talk about what came up in there and then and so we didn't. And he's busy working on editing the Mark Twain Prize, and so we didn't really talk about all the stuff that came up in there, and but he just sent me this thing that made me like feel like, okay, good, It's not as dire as I thought it was, you know, like the whatever came up, Like, I don't know if it never is, like it could be down the line. Yeah, these sayings where people go like what like, uh, you know it's right when it's hard, It's like, well that's a lot of times, or like stuff like that. It's like, well no, because sometimes you hurt yourself because you go too hard. It's like I don't. Yeah, there's it is not always true, and that's.
Speaker 2: What really rhymes not true necessarily.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had double therapy yesterday. I had couples and then went right from couples, logged off and went right into my single therapy, and at the end of it, I was so drained, and I know people are like, yeah, done, Nikki, that's draining, not from me. And then I had done the podcast the hour before, so it was an our podcast, our couples hour. It was a lot of talking myself, and the podcast yesterday felt it was for me and my ecosystem of my body very tense because I was reliving that red carpet moment that was like fraught for me, and and so it was just like I got done with that last one and I didn't cry through it. I cried a little bit on the couples one, but then I really I bawled, which I'm By the way, I'm a little annoyed at the word balling because they will throw balling Like I watch Netflix with the subtitles on all the time, the captions, Oh my arm is really white, and my my arm is really tanned. I can't lift up my arm, and they will say they will go to balling very often when it is just someone going like like, Okay, what do you think balling is? Because when I think of someone balling, I think of it like I can't this, Like that's balling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, falling out of your nose. You can't even control it. Yes, that's ball.
Speaker 1: Once in their lives, women ball probably three times a month. Ball is something that happens.
Speaker 2: During every episode of America's Got Talent? What really? Yeah? No, it just gets to me that the only.
Speaker 1: Thing that makes me just hold on, wait at we have to explore this? Why with it sounds like I'm being judgmental. I hear my own tone, and I'm not not being judgmental. I'm actually curious what is it? Because I like to explore what gets us, what makes us cry? Like, what have you explored? Why is it that that touches you so much? What is it saying to your inner child?
Speaker 2: My inner child?
Speaker 1: Probably what's going on?
Speaker 2: Someone being recognized after doing a lot of hard work? I think so.
Speaker 1: But some of these people are just naturally talented and they didn't work at all all. They're just born with good voices. Or is it really the hard work that's.
Speaker 2: The hard that's what the package is for. They show you the package of this person who called their way out of a volcano in order to dance, and they finally get to.
Speaker 1: Date America's Got Talent. I'm thinking of just singing. No, America's got talent is actually a lot of people that worked very hard learning how to juggle women on their feet.
Speaker 2: That's right, and some of them do juggle women. Yeah, there was a fire. There was like an I forgot what country it was. Now I feel like semi racist, but I think it was Iranian, an Iranian dance team. That was they They I think they won or came in second place last year, and their story was so incredibly touching and they overcame have so much adversity and then they were amazing dancers, and I was that made me cry. Every single time there's a video, there's like a show me a sizzle reel of someone's adversity and then show them go on stage and do something amazing, and then have Simon Cowell, that curmudgeonly bastard go that was the best thing I've ever seen, and then they cry. That's There's nothing that gets to me quicker and faster than much the voice.
Speaker 1: Do you watch American Idol? Like is this just why America's got talent? Are you just a Nick Cannon guy, a Howie Mandela why America's got talent? Because for me, I don't like to see swords, and I don't like to see little kids being comedians. I don't like to see There's so many things I don't like Nick Cannon off stage commenting about what's happening. I don't like that, Like live interactive commentary, I don't like them. And I don't like like shadow puppetry, where I'm like, okay, what are we We're gonna give this person a Vegas contract, which I actually that would probably work very well in Vegas. But there's just a lot of stuff that seems set up to be ridiculous. And I know that the gag reel is part of these shows why America's gone talent and not a singing competition.
Speaker 2: Well it's not Nick Cannon anymore. It's not Terry Crews.
Speaker 1: And oh it.
Speaker 2: Makes a huge difference that when it's Terry Crews, because Terry Crews, whether he's doing it true, Yes, he really wants these people to succeed.
Speaker 1: He likes Adam in studio one time and it was incredible. Yeah, the sweetest.
Speaker 2: He really wants. He takes people under his wing. He like mentors certain youths if they're if he sees something in them and he feels like he could uplift them, and he's really on the sideline, you know. Sometimes they're doing their act and everyone's like, oh no, like like if it's uh Susan Boyle, like oh no, is this ugly person gonna be able to sing? And then everyone's like, oh my god, is it gonna happen? And then Terry crew is on the sideline. And then when it happens, Terry, they showed that side view and Terry Crews looks at the camera and.
Speaker 1: Goes, yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: I could tell actually wants them to succeed, whereas Nick Cannon was like Nick Cannon's reaction in the same situation would be like, oh shit, they're bringing it, you know, be something.
Speaker 1: Like that, yes, which is Cruise seems like a father on this, like so proud.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a wonderful show. I don't love right now.
Speaker 1: No, is the season happening now?
Speaker 2: They did agt All Stars, which I don't love, so I just didn't watch them. Usually why don't you love because I want to see the sizzle reels. I want to see them over Codversity.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now.
Speaker 2: Stars already know their story, we already.
Speaker 1: I wanted so badly to pitch Dancing with the Stars Losers. Everyone who's been first quoted off comes back. It's been on for thirty plus seasons. You can make a season out of ten losers me included that can come back, and actually, like, you know, work hard, it will all it will all be about hard work, even though that show is already about hard working enough. The people are good. Yeah, I agree with you. I'm trying to think of what makes.
Speaker 2: Thinks that might be wrong. Actually, I think it might be on right now. America's Got Talent Fantasy is on right now. I guess. Okay, so it is on. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah you should. You should tune into that. Do you like Heidi's commentary? I'll watch it if you're watching it.
Speaker 2: Heidi's great. Heidi. I like Heidi. She's I like her because she kind of brings a cool factor. When she really likes something, I'm like, Okay, that's cool. Then she says something like that was incredible, And I like hearing that.
Speaker 1: What about comedians on America's Got Talent? Because we had a friend who was gonna got asked audition and and I've had many friends on that show. Gary Veder did really well on that show. Taylor Williamson did really well on that show. I think, uh, Joe Mackey did great on that show. Doogie Horner sure, or Tom Cotter who had a great one of my favorite jokes talk about I can't remember bits. I'll never forget Tom Cotter. He was on Last Comic Standing. I think the season one he made a joke about my wife can count all the people she's slept with before on one hand with a calculator.
Speaker 2: Especially America's got talent comedians, is that they're looking for a very specific type of comedian and with a puppet. Yeah, yeah, you need a puppet.
Speaker 1: Don't you need a puppet? Tears win this show or one?
Speaker 2: A disproportionate amount of the ventril quists do very well on the show. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't care for it.
Speaker 2: But you have to go out there and you have to be you have to do short jokes. You have three minutes, and they have to be like family friendly based.
Speaker 1: All those comics I mentioned are one liner guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Gary Vetter is the exception, because I know that Gary Vetters definitely not like a like the main.
Speaker 1: Family guy. No, but he is at his heart he's such a sweetheart, and I think that came through. And he's a great joke writer. So yeah, it was interesting. But yeah, Taylor Williamson is also like a kind of a one liner type guy. Yeah, I just uh, I guess I just don't care. What did you like? Watch it when Howard Stern was a course or a judge, the best judge.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Simon cow You can't beat a curmudgeon that softens, Yeah, especially one with all that power.
Speaker 1: There is something like, man, do you want to win him over?
Speaker 2: Man? When I want.
Speaker 1: Simon Cowell to like me and to see something in me even though I don't really care for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that now? Howard Stern amazing though, I mean he was great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's my daddy issues, because my dad's never not loved me. But there's something about an asshole who or just someone who's just uh yeah, who doesn't seem to like things. It's highly discerning. Even if there was some quote I've read the other day that was like, oh, I know what it was. Can we go through these? I want to just talk about these. I put it on my Instagram story yesterday, But it's Uh, it was from Reddit, and it's was on the subreddit life hacks, and they post it on Instagram. But it's like I turned seventy two today. Here's thirty two things I've learned that I hope you hope help you in your journey you want to go through some you're really helpful. Number one, it's usually better to be nice than right. And that's true. Yeah, kind I mean nice not nice. Kind is like the most support. Nice is fake to me.
Speaker 3: Nice sometimes implicates so you're kind of like a pushover where people walk all over you.
Speaker 1: That's my interpretation.
Speaker 2: I really like I'd rather have a mean pilot than a wrong pilot.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 2: Or a surgeon. I don't know. I don't know if it's all said.
Speaker 1: Good landing to a pilot the other day because it was really bumpy on the way in and I had a dream that our plane crashed and it just skidded. You guys have lots of people to have this. I remember Andrew Colin when we used to travel together. He also, when you're on a plane and you sleep, you have a dream that you're flying in a plane through a city and you're going weaving through buildings and you can see. It's like you're at a car. You can see ahead of you, you can see behind you, and you're kind of okay with it. You're a little bit scared, and sometimes you have to land on a highway. It happens to me a lot, and I know what happens to other people when they sleep on planes. But I had that dream, and then the wind gusts were kind of like making us go like we as we were landing, and then we landed so smoothly that I, oh, I have a talent. Do you want I could go to Mariska got talent? See if you like this talent? Anytime? Well, i'd have to be on a plane. I can predict within one second when the wheels will hit the ground now and it'll be yes, exactly, I will know, like.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 1: But that's pretty impressive, though. I am so in tune with it. I've flown so much. I mean, I can't have a whole Vegas residency opposite Seline Dion predicting when simulating in a plane and being able to call when it lands. I don't even tell this that anyone. It's just in my head. I don't even know. I can't even celebrate it with someone in the seat next to me. Chris wouldn't give a shit, but I can always feel it. I just know based on and I guess. I don't know if that is quite a talent, but yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Well, that's pretty cool. Next time I'm on a plane with you.
Speaker 1: What you're know that if planes have a rough landing where it's like boom, that means they were you can usually tell a pilot if a pilot was in the Navy or the Air Force. Fu do you know this? I swear to God. No, No, The Army or the Air Force have different landing styles. So usually pilots have been in the military at some point, and so if they land harshly, they were in the Air Force, I think, or it might be the other way around, but it's generally is like there's a two categories, and a hard landing is not a bad landing. It's just a style of landing that they learned. Wow, okay, but that's it's been. I've brought it up to someone that knows it and they said, yes, that's true, and I read it read at one time.
Speaker 2: My guess is that the hard landing is from the Navy because they have to land on aircraft carriers which have a lot shorter runway, so they got to slam down and stop, whereas air Force they have an actual runway they can glide onto.
Speaker 1: That's just my Okay, let's see, let's see if anything comes up. Yeah, no, it's it's it's not coming up. But there that is a difference. Someone can You can google yourselves if you guys are interested. Okay. Number two, Nothing worthwhile comes easy? What about love? What about unconditional love? No, love is not supposed to be easy. What about from your parent? I mean is that always easy? Though? It should be? Your parents should love you just your parents are a human. They're gonna make mistakes, they're going to be emotional. But also, but you shouldn't have to have effort in getting your parents love. No one's ever said to a child you just didn't try hard enough to get your mom to like you. You know what I mean? It should come easy. It doesn't mean that.
Speaker 2: It does for the child. Maybe it should, of course. What about life?
Speaker 1: Nothing worthwhile comes easy? Yeah, life does come easy.
Speaker 2: It's hard for your mom because you've got to push you out. Sorry Noah, but like for the child. I guess it is kind of traumatizing for the child to get squeezed through also, so maybe it's not well the.
Speaker 3: Child has to rotate in there and like make you know, make their way down because they go all the way from like their head being up where your boobs are.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Really, so they do have a role in it, but they don't even know what they're doing. It's just instinct, right, Like they're not like I'm going to persevere, yeah, but they're not just like hanging out there. But it's not easy. I'm trying to think of something that's come easy. Nothing worthwhile. Sorry, friendships for me have been easy. Friendship.
Speaker 3: You're the one who says that like through adversity or like difficulty or stepping outside of your comfort zone, that's where people read can grow. So isn't that like the challenge? If things come too easy, people don't appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying nothing worthwhile comes easy. There are some things that are worthwhile that you come easy. And I would say some people struggle to make friendships. It has not been something that has been a struggle for me in my life, just because I've gotten lucky. There have been other things I'll say with some stuff, and pilates comes very easy to some people, and I know it's all hard work. But I cried today in pilates again. I like, welld up with tears once again because my body won't do what I'm supposed to do. And my teacher showed me a little bit of compassion, which is the number one thing to get me to cry, as if someone just goes like I know and then I just go. The other day that it happened, I was not bawling, but it was like I could have been balling. I just didn't want to do it because it's a small room. But my teacher the other day was like, I was like, she gets sense that I was getting so frustrated, and I was like, why can't my body do this when it's so like most people can. And I'm not lying like it's it's not me being hyperbolic, like it really most people can do this thing. And she was just like, I don't know. She's like I don't know, and she goes, sometimes I cry because my body won't do what it's supposed to do. And her saying that it literally the second she said cry. I was like no, and I just it started flying out of my face because it just gave me permission that that was an okay response to how frustrating this fucking feeling is. I literally I don't feel safe in bloodies anymore because I I've cried the past two sessions. I don't know what's happening to me. Frustrated. I thought I was crushing it and I'm not. I like, the thing is I did. This is what I got in high school. I was never the best. I was always the most hard working. That's what I am in plates. I will give it to myself. I'm probably the most hard working person who's bad at it that there is. But I am not achieving things. I am so because I've been going to classes.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get to a point where it just clicks. It becomes a part of your muscle memory.
Speaker 1: It's inevidence of three to four times a week, and it is still. I've been going to other classes where there's girls that I know just do these classes three times a week. They're not doing like for ten years. And no, they're young, they're all college students and they have the strength. I just don't I don't even understand. It's just so upsetting when you think you're doing players. No, they're like these tiny girls that look like they're kind of just like not really trying that hard, Like they're just like, oh, I just did one class a week on Saturdays. Like I can tell.
Speaker 2: It's that kind of girl and in their twenties, so their body is able to.
Speaker 1: It's not about that, it really and I know there's I'm not sure. I'm just saying I'm just different. And then today my teacher was just like people just have different anatomies. You just weren't born with a body that can do that. And that's just where I want to just quit life.
Speaker 2: I just feel so frustrated. Nothing with nothing worthwhile comes easy. So you got to do it, I know.
Speaker 1: But I am gonna keep trying. It's just sad when you dry really hard and you're not seeing the results that you want.
Speaker 2: Story of my life.
Speaker 1: Really with your teeth and your mattress.
Speaker 2: Any apply it to anything. It's with playing piano. I'm like, I can't get good enough with doing stand up. I can't get good enough with just like trying to really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, yeah, I no, I don't I don't with what about stand up? I don't agree with you. I just feel like, yeah, you're as good as you do it as many times as you do it like that, if you do it a lot, you're amazing, and if you're not doing it a lot, you're not. Like that's just seems to be the way it works for everyone, and I think for you as well, and piano, are you reach a roadblock?
Speaker 2: It's just I just wish I was better every time I play, Like, God, why can't I play this faster? Why can't I play in tempo? Why can't Why do I keep messing this up? It's just like it just I'm sure it's the same way with anyone who's playing an instrument as an adult. It's just like, why, I just want to be better at this?
Speaker 1: And that's the reason I quit as a kid was because I didn't I wouldn't put up with that as a kid, because I didn't realize, like it's you need to be bad, Like it's okay to be bad. I'm more comfortable being bad, But it's just as like, I think you fuck up as much as a kid, But as a kid, I couldn't handle being bader than anything, and so I would quit and now I just keep going and just I'm like, I guess I just suck And this is gonna sound weird. All right, we have to go to break. We'll get to more of these numbers when.
Speaker 2: We get back.
Speaker 1: Okay, three, number three on things that he learned when he was seventy seventy two.
Speaker 3: This is like, seventy two is kind of young though, because like, I don't know about your parents, but my parents, my parents are like seventy two and they don't but they're not.
Speaker 1: This person is definitely in twelve step program and like has done a lot of work on themselves based on everything, the whole list. I wouldn't take this list from my parents, no offense to them. Yeah, but this person seems based on what we get into later, you'll see Okay, number three work on a passion project. Even just thirty minutes a day, it compounds. Yeah, that's piano for you, right, Brian, don't you play it like an hour day?
Speaker 2: I play well. Piano is also kind of like meditative, like I'll play for as long as possible and it just makes it calms me down.
Speaker 1: But what about when you start to suck and you feel frustrated. Does that calm you down? Or do you just play things that you feel comfortable doing?
Speaker 2: No, No, I push myself for sure. I think it calms me when I'm playing it, even if I suck, and really I get frustrated, like thinking about it later. Or when I get really frustrated is when there's a situation where there's a piano and there's in public or something, and like I can't because that's your Yeah, are.
Speaker 1: Able to play in public?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For one song for thirty minutes? Okay? Sorry at.
Speaker 2: Forty Yeah, I just need to do three Taylor Swift songs or one Mozart concerto and sit down and do it. I can play songs, not like I have like a It's not like I'm just playing.
Speaker 1: I want to see you play. Do you ever bring in on the road with you like a little keyboard.
Speaker 2: No, I thought about it. There's a you can buy a foldable keyboard. Yeah. I was thinking about it for when we were doing f Boy, because I was like, it would be nice to have a piano, especially if there was like yeah for like that long of just like constantly being there in that place.
Speaker 1: M hmm, we could play I could play guitar with you. We could have jammed so.
Speaker 2: That I can do I think I can accompany.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, all right, Well that let's do F boy again. Let's see how it goes. Lovers and Liars April eleventh. By the way, people keep going, people keep writing and be like, congrats on your new show, and I keep bringing back what show? Like, I don't even know what they're talking about, right, because first of all, we taped it so long ago that it doesn't make sense that it's even like coming out now. I mean, it wasn't. It was less than a year ago, but it was September, you know. And so Lovers and Liars, which is practically F Girl Island, that's what we shot it as. The name is Jane is F Girl Island. Three guys looking for love. They were they were f boys and seasons prior, but now they actually want love and it's real. And then there are a bunch of girls and half of them are f girls and half of them are nice girls. And they guys have to decide who and the girls are. It's fucking nuts, dude's and we couldn't predict who was who. We all like played along it was so fun. It's gonna be good lovers and liars. That's what it's called. April eleventh on the CW. Okay, yeah, we're gonna do you work on a passion project? Noah, Yeah, I guess it's that. But yeah, I mean now you don't you're pregnant so you can just take off. Yeah. I kind of hate this one.
Speaker 3: I don't like this kind of expectation because it's like, I don't know what my passion project is. I'm not passionate about anything.
Speaker 1: What I've never heard you say anything like that. What about jiu jitsu be jj?
Speaker 3: Yes, I love jiu jitsu. I guess maybe because I can't do it now. I feel so like pulled out of the world. Yeah, but besides that, I don't I mean, like I've gone through my guitar phase. I was obsessed with it, Brian. I can totally relate to what you're saying. I've done that, Like I play guitar for like twenty years and now I just like it's just like right there in the corner. I don't I got my custom guitar now I don't care about it.
Speaker 1: So it's like I've been just sitting in you. Yeah, but I don't care. I don't care about it, so you just don't. It doesn't inspire you at all. Yeah, so I don't know what my passion is.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I only like playing.
Speaker 2: You could put it in the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Just thirty minutes on that thing a day, that's all you need to do. Yes, Someone that that day was like, what brings you joy? And I was like, and they're like, guitar, and I'm like, only if I'm in the mood for it, that's not something I reached for, and go, wow, I feel better now, Like I don't relate to Brian being like it calms you. If I'm in a good mood already, and I'm feeling a high level of self esteem and competency in my own self, then I can play guitar, because guitar makes me feel inadequate. And so if I'm already strong, I can pick up a guitar and go like, Okay, it's okay. I'm still a good person. But if I'm looking to feel good outside of myself, I would never pick up a guitar. It's only gonna make me feel worse.
Speaker 3: Yes, so what do you do, like if you're just kind of like, you know what? I want to feel joy right now. I'm gonna go do this because I really like it.
Speaker 1: I think I've been walking on a treadmill. I am obsessed with it. I can't every day because I'm gonna get injured because I can't help. But like, I want to work up like a sweat and I hate when people brag about like I love exercising. So I really am sorry that I'm saying this. This is just a phase I'm going through where I don't. I just don't because I don't have anything to do and I cannot be still and I have so much work on my plate that I should be doing at any given moment. When I'm on a treadmill, I feel like I can't do other things, that I can only listen to music and disappear into it. That it's like an excuse to not do anything. Joy.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about avoiding stuff, but like, does it actually bring you, like, does it make you happy?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 2: It does being on a plane where there's no Wi Fi or two.
Speaker 1: Anesthesia, Yes, that was awesome, sleeping napping, and I've been having really bad dreams. I think my body's like, we're not letting you get away with us anymore, because I've been having horrifying dreams because that's been my escape recently, going through a little bit of a down downward, uh not spiral, but like but just been feeling down recently and really like I can't figure out what to do with my time. Like I eat and then I'm like, Okay, then I'll nap. Okay, Now I'll go on a treadmill. Now I'll go do a pilates class, and then I'll feel accomplished after that and I won't feel the need to do anything else. There's I will have had a full day. Then I'll do therapy, and then after that I'll fel accomplished. But when I hang up the zoom call with a therapist, or when I walk out of the plate's class and I'm drenched in sweat, there is just another feeling of what's next? What are you going to do next? I don't know what to do in that time. I'm not unless there's a pedophile documentary, I don't feel like watching anything. I really and I heard there is going to be an extra quiet on set episode that they're adding about Drake Bell in addition, So I'm very excited about that. But I don't I don't know what to do with my time. I guess coloring books might be something to turn to books in general. I want to get involved in another book. This morning, I woke up and I read a bunch of articles in magazines that I wanted to read. I just don't know what to do to fill up my time.
Speaker 2: Maybe you need structure. I mean that's how I feel. Whenever I don't have a job. It's like the store, I feel a lot happier. Yeah, you need to go to that store and buy.
Speaker 1: Some gone since I started.
Speaker 2: Okay, whenever I don't have a job and I have to like be at an office or at least be in meetings from like nine am until five pm or longer with a full project, or like being on f boy or something like that, it I get depressed. I get like depressed three months after the job ends because I like the break. But then after too much of a break where there's nothing to do, where there's no structure, it I start to get depressed. And then you have to find your own structure, which is like really difficult to do on a consistent basis.
Speaker 1: You need discipline for that. Yeah, yes, And I have discipline, like if I if it's on my calendar, I'm going to do it. Like I have a voice lesson day, I just went to pilates, I have this podcast. Those are my three hour chunks that have I'm going to dinner with my parents. But in those other hours that I'm awake, I'm really I'll probably walk an hour on a treadmill, just casually, but then I'll I'll probably go too art and then my knee will start hurting and I'll go, I have to stop. And then I'm like, that went out? What do I do? And then I'll try to do like a meditation, and then I'll get bored and like I think I'm just running from voices in my head. I just cannot believe. I just don't know what I I just need more friends or something. I need more phone calls. But at the same time, I talk too much, and I gotta stop talking all the time, Like I talk for a living, and so when I'm not working, I need to be more quiet. So if anyone has some good ideas of stuff to do that really occupies your time, maybe collaging maybe like making a uh do.
Speaker 3: You have to be at home? Like would you rather be out?
Speaker 2: Go out?
Speaker 1: But a dog to walk or something?
Speaker 3: You can volunteer at the bird sanctuary in Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: It's just another thing I'll be expected to do. Though, And then if I decide, like, here's the thing about lessons and like pilates and things that you take on that are extracurriculars. When you when your work does get busy again and you can't devote as much time to those things, those people take offense. And I know that it's not my problem that they do, but there's like a managing of there because they go, you could be so good at this if you just devoted the time. And I'm like, but I am not a professional plates Like no one's ever said that pilates.
Speaker 3: But yeah, volunteering, I think is a different mindset because they just appreciate even if you give like a half hour and that's it. They'll take anything. And then you could just play with birds and stuff.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool to clean bird cages and feel like that would actually make me feel like I did say it's idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Barack Obama is so in demand and busy that every single minute of his day is pretty much scheduled out, and he has just like people around him that are making sure he stays on schedule. And he has just a binder that he gets handed every week and then weekend that he has to like, here are the things you have to look through, and here's when you have to look through them. And so he even has to schedule and like and now two hours to be with my family into the schedule, because every minute of his life is worth, like, you know, twenty thousand dollars or whatever, So every little minute is schedule that everybody wants a piece.
Speaker 1: Yea's a lot, though I don't think you'd want your life if I'd like that, I'd honestly like that. I'd like it because I love my calendar when I'm like, I know, I have this and this, Like today it got a little messed up because I messed up on times, and I really don't like that I always leave a ten minute window to like walk to the next place, or like send an email in between, or pick up a coffee and then get there right on time. Everything's really regiment and I don't like having, like at the end of this podcast. I have a voiceless in it too, But we're kind of probably gonna end at like one twenty, and then that means I have twenty minutes before I have to get in the car, and I don't that twenty minutes. I'll probably just eat and I'm not even hungry. But I don't know what else. So let's think of something I can do in that twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: You can vocal warm ups. Oh god, you can write a schedule.
Speaker 1: I could write a schedule.
Speaker 2: Write a schedule for the rest of the day. See how it goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, But you can talk to me, Okay, I could talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could talk about podcast stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, that.
Speaker 1: Does not sound good to me. That's just like that that sounds stressful to me because it's stuff that I got. I avoid everything. This is the biggest problem in my relationship is that I don't ever want to talk about the future. I don't want to schedule things because I don't I like doing things. I like talking about what I have to do instantly. What do you say?
Speaker 3: This is the conundrum, Like, it is a schedule, but you don't love to schedule things.
Speaker 2: No, so you can't schedule things. That's why working on a show is perfect, because you need someone else to make the schedule and you don't know what it is. And then someone says you have to be here in five minutes, and right that.
Speaker 1: Finder to show up on my doorstep.
Speaker 2: You're not even thinking about this schedule. It's just I just finished my forty five minute speech to the Unhoused Committee or whatever, and now someone's like, all right, you got to go to Tacoma. And it's like, what the fuck? And then you're on a plane Tacoma before you even know it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that, Yeah, I just what do you do with these spaces when you guys have like twenty minutes to kill? If you like had twenty minutes before you need to go somewhere, like, what would you do? Uh? Really have nothing to do?
Speaker 2: Gamble on a sport? Usually? Also like what basketball game is happening right now? Can I play a bet on it?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh if.
Speaker 3: I had, yeah, probably like play with my cat or something, play with your.
Speaker 2: Yet sometimes I'll play with Noah's cats sometimes too.
Speaker 1: Hey, virtually, Okay, So I guess I have to get a gambling addiction or a pet yeah, I just that's that's I guess I could you know what, I could just tidy around my house.
Speaker 2: My house, you need an addiction can.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's something I don't need another one of those I got. Yeah. Okay, let's continue on this lift plait list. Okay for become a lifelong learner.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: I think that goes well with like what sport coaches teach, or just like coaches in general teach, like be teachable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Always people teacher always tells a story about some like amazing cellist or something. He's like the best cellist in the world or something, and he was ninety something and he's still practicing every day and they go, why are you practicing? Like you got it and he's like and his his response was I think I'm onto something. And I liked that, Like he was like, it's still got things, like there's always stuff to learn. And that's what they say about pilates too, is that you're constantly like it never gets easy. You're just like always raising the bar a little bit more. Which isn't that life that it's it's never You're never and nothing ever stays the same. You always have to change. There's always going to be a struggle. There's aways going to be a ch That is really annoying. Yeah, because you think when you find a partner and you find love and you both love each other and you get along so well, it'll just stay that way. Why wouldn't it, But it does. It You have to continually work, and then sometimes you divorce and then sometimes you don't like work. It through it like, it's just people change, Okay. Number five working from seven am to seven pm isn't productivity, it's guilt.
Speaker 2: Oh she sure works from.
Speaker 1: Seven am to seven pm. People do that.
Speaker 3: Dad used to Oh, I'm like, god, five am to like eleven pm.
Speaker 2: If you include the commute too.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's guilt. I think it's you're running from something or you are poor and that's the only way to survive now in broken society. But I don't think it's But yeah, I guess sometimes it's guilt.
Speaker 2: It's guilt if you are not if your work is not your passion. But if I was working from seven am to seven pm, that certainly isn't guilt, and I'd feel great about it and I'd be like, I'm just doing what I love and trying to day and trying to progress my career, yeah, every single day. But if you're working at an office for some other company and it's not what you care about, you know, companies don't care about you. I said this on the podcast before. But just as much as HR likes to make you feel good or whatever and they throw and they give you a free beer on Friday or whatever, they don't give a shit about you. And they'll fire you in an instant if it makes their bottom line better. And so if you're working from seven am to seven pm for some company, then yeah, then you're feeling like guilty or inadequate for some reason.
Speaker 1: Or you're just scared you'll lose your job and you won't find another.
Speaker 2: But you won't.
Speaker 1: Oh, you won't lose your job.
Speaker 2: No. That's the thing about these jobs is that you don't have to work half as hard as you think. Just look at your coworkers. Look at your coworkers. They're all idiots. Like, think about your co workers, think about how dumb they are and how much they fuck up, and realize that you could be doing that too. You still have a job. It's so hard to fire somebody.
Speaker 3: These days, and it's well, it's hard to an expensive and you know, timely to read, to like hire to fill a positions, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fix what's there.
Speaker 1: Then the people are desperate to feel important and to feel needed. And so if they work hard and they take on other people's work and they feel and they don't take vacation days and they don't take sick days, it gives them a sense of purpose that they might not have other way otherwise in their lives. And I think that that's what some people hold on to, is like this place would fall apart without me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes these like corporate like assholes take advantage of people like that.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that feeling is what they is. How the capitalist pigs leverage.
Speaker 1: You, okay, to be really successful, become useful.
Speaker 2: I like that, Yeah, you gotta be useful, that's true.
Speaker 1: I like like applying it to comedy. I'm like, okay, if my comedy is just doing something else that someone has done, or uh, like it's just copying, Like what who did I watch?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: I was watching some some art documentary or some documentary or or person online talking about being an artist creativity, and it's like, if you are just doing what other people are doing. No one needs that. That's not useful. We already have it. You have to bring something new. You have to have a your My comedy, my stylings have to be something that isn't derivative of anything else. And like it. I have to be irreplaceable and useful.
Speaker 2: But absolutely so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one. So what was it again? To be really successful? Become useful? So instead of talking about to become I'm going to be great at this. I'm gonna be the best at it. I just want to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, replace My whole career is I've just become I've made myself useful for people.
Speaker 1: Yes, you were very useful as like a writer, you are extraordinary, extraordinarily useful and encouraging as a comedic writer, I would say that good job on number six seven. Like houses in need of repair, problems usually don't fix themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, ah yeah, Dan really threw houses under the bus.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I don't want to own a house because of this exact quote. And thank god there was a woman this weekend. She is an executive at Netflix that I met at Mark Twain and I've known her forever and she's one of the people that decides what goes on Nextflix, and I've she's been in the business for a really long time and we were talking about she owns a place in New York in LA and I was like, I'm really ashamed that I don't own anything and I don't want to own anything, and I don't know what's wrong with me. And she was like, it's a scam. She was like, the reason everyone wants a home is because it's part of the American dream that everyone's been sold and it's not You don't need to own a home and it is a pain in the Asnikky, it sucks. It always needs something. And I go, yeah, but I can get other people to do that for me, and she goes, but you got to manage those people, and I'm like, damn straight, I do, bitch. She nailed it. I was like she understood what I was saying. Like people are like, but you don't have to you won't have to do that, you won't have to do this. You or even even Chris is like, I'll do that. I'll manage those people. And I'm like, but then I get less of you. Let's just live an apartment where you don't have to do any of that stuff, and we both have free time. Like it's not just about yeah you you and you have to decide what you want. You know, I want those I want my kitchen redone.
Speaker 2: But that's really the answer. That's your what what do you if you have twenty minutes before an appointment? What it is it that you need to do? Like that is always one hundred percent of the time filled with me doing something around the house, unloading the dishwasher, taking out the garbage, watering the play plants, you know, and if you have a house, there's unlimited things to do, so that might actually solve all your problems. If you own a house and you're just like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: I got a tons to do in my apartment though I could clean all the time.
Speaker 2: That's what Well, that's what you should be doing when you have twenty three minutes.
Speaker 1: To buy an apartment.
Speaker 2: Buy an apartment. Yeah, building, that's what your cousin said to me. What my cousin says, Well, you have like a cousin of a cousin or something who was that in Cincinnati. And I had a conversation with him, and he owns two apartment buildings and he says, people think that they should save up their money and buy an apartment. I say, that's wrong. You got to buy an apartment building. And then streamers fell from the sky. I don't remember his name, baby, Yeah it was Chucky, but it was Bobby Chucky. I think something like that.
Speaker 1: I will say that I did have family in Cincinnati this weekend, and our files so many family Like my mom has seven union ten brothers and sisters. Nine brothers and sisters. My mom is the tenth or the seventh, but she's there's ten total, and Nancy, Jimmy, Michael, Julie, Tom or Peggy, Chucky, Bobby, Sally, Mom and Dad. I think I missed one in there, but anyway, they a lot of them were there. A lot of the cousins were there. But I do have an uncle who is in his sixties at least maybe seventies. Maybe wrote this list, but he's old and he's a man, right, and he brought like a young guy with him, like I think it was his like daughter's friends. Anyway, there was a twenty five ish year old man with my uncle, like in the group my uncle brought. My uncle brought some friends and one of this was like a strapping young lad who was like a cutie, right, like someone that you'd be like, wow, if you know, if that kid thinks I'm cool, I've got riz or whatever the fuck. And this kid, who's like this tall, handsome twenty five year old probably maybe twenty three to twenty four, like I don't know, early twenties, says to me backstage in front of Chucky, who is my uncle in his seventies, and in front of whatever young girl he was with, and then another guy and then another girl. We're all in like a circle. And he was like, you look so much like Chucky when you walk down on stage tonight. I just thought, oh my god, they have the same nose. And I look over at Chucky's nose and it is a old man's nose, a prominent Oh no offense, Chucky, if you're watching this, you got a honker and it's only gotten. It's bigger because you're an older man. And that's what happens to noses when they get bigger. And he said, you look identical to Chucky. I'm sorry, in what were what what woman wants to be compared to any sixty something year old man ever? In looks. I don't care what who the man is. This is no, there's non indictment on Chucky's looks. I don't want to look like an older man. And this guy said this, This kid said this and said and it wasn't just like you. I see his resemblance. It was like you. The second you walked down on stage, you looked so much like him. I was telling it. We all talked about it, and then I looked over at Chucky and I I saw it. I have and I had liked could it be just because I had not? I had not said anything. I hadn't talked yet. He said, as soon as you walked on stage, I said, that's Chucky. Wow, thanks thanks, and I just was like, I don't know. He didn't until maybe five minutes later he interrupted another conversation I was having with someone and said, by the way, I just want to say, you're really pretty, and I go, did your girlfriend tell you to say that? Because she was.
Speaker 2: Right as soon as you walked on stage, I was like, you will make this old couch I have in my apartment.
Speaker 1: That would have been better. No offense, Chucky, Like, honestly, it's just this is I wish I had a picture of Uncle Chucky. You just don't. A girl doesn't want to look like Uncle Chucky. Uncle Chucky, as I was a guy, I would want and I was a six year old man. Great, me up, I'll look like Uncle Chucky. And then let's just add another compliment, backhanded compliment to the fucking list. At the meet and greet, there was a friend of my parents who's now divorce, Like, my parents were friends with this guy and he divorced her, and no, I know he's dead, So I guess you know she's a widower. She's with someone else. I don't know. Yeah, I think you could do that. So she was at the meet and greet and she came through and she walks up, and I'm just like, no, instantly, what's happening. I've known this woman since I was a little girl, And she was like, what happened to you? You used to be such a darling, quiet, sweet little girl, and now you're crazy. You're crazy, You're this crazy woman. And so now I know my act is giving crazy woman crazy, which I guess is any woman who has an opinion emphatic way, Yeah, I'm killing on stage in front of a crowd of I don't know, seventeen hundred two thousand people in my hometown and this woman has the audacity to call me crazy and look very disturbed at like what happened to you? Like honestly searching my face for answers, and I go, do you see Chucky? Because maybe that's what's happening to me, is that I'm starting to look like Chucky and I'm losing my fucking mind over it because I'm looking like my skin is falling off my skull and I'm angry about it, and I'm like, I am going crazy, just like this was in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Also, yes, yes, someone.
Speaker 1: Calls me backstage because she was just the meet and greet. She wasn't she didn't go backstage, And.
Speaker 2: So you just you crushed by the way. You had one of the best sets I've seen you have. And then after the show people are like, you're you could look like a crazy uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like there was a lot of nice things too. I will say that my uncle TV, who is the funniest person I knew in my childhood. He was just remarkably funny still is just naturally he tried to do comedy. I think a couple of times. He did stand up a couple of times in the eighties nineties, and it just never took. He could have been great at it. He's just so funny, and I was so aware that he was there the whole time. His name is Bob, but he's my dad's best friend. He's how my dad and mom got together, well, not really well, kind of my dad's best friend all through childhood, and my mom was my uncle TV's sister. But because he was so I had such a great personality, was so funny. My dad nicknamed him TV, like you should be on TV. So now his name is TV, and that was a childhood nickname. But anyway, I knew TV was in the audience the whole time, and I was very aware of it. And I always get nervous when he's there because I just know that if I were him, i'd be like, man, I should be up there because I'm funnier than her, because he kind of is. He didn't think that though. He was like really proud and he'd like like he was like I could just tell he was really proud and like, so he was so sweet and just said all the right things, and there was I almost didn't want to see him because I didnt want to see any look of disappointment on his face of like you're too dirty or like that wasn't for me. The kind of shit that people did say, not knowing that they're hurting your feelings. But it ended up being he was very nice, so there were really nice compliments coming from all directions. My mom said it was the best that she's ever seen me had, and that was a perfect mixture of dirty and clean, not clean but like not too dirty. Even though I opened with talking about gangbangs and I just didn't even plan on doing that. It was oftentimes I'm in the middle of a bit and I'm just like, oh, what are you doing? Get me out of this. That's a normal feeling for comedian to have. It's like where you venture into a bit and you're like, I don't even care about this right now. I don't know why I'm doing this. It's probably like what it feels like when smash mouth sings like all Star or something. Even though the guy's dead. Probably what killed him. Okay, we gotta go to break. We'll do go through more.
Speaker 2: Is going to get back?
Speaker 1: All right, We're back, and oh I love this one because it has to do with envy, which is my number one problem in my life. Okay, Envy is like drinking poison expecting the other person to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, classic phrase, that's.
Speaker 1: A classic one, I know, but it doesn't never stay with me. The thing that stays with me about envy is the only sin of the how many sins are there? Seven? I'm sure there are, but the seven deadly sins, Envy is the only one that's no fun. There's no upside. All the other ones have like some fun involved. There's always a downside, obviously, I can't even I don't, uh, gluttony, I'm just thinking of seven.
Speaker 2: I don't think adultery fun, Yeah, that's really fun.
Speaker 1: Coveting someone's adu Well, coveting is coveting lust?
Speaker 2: Yeah, death lust is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's mostly fun, the most fun.
Speaker 2: Which sin is the most fun?
Speaker 1: Sah lust? Sloth Oh, that's good? Yeah fun one, okay, sloth lust? What other do you say that when you're trying to go yeah, no, no, no, I'm not a guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, pride, fun read m loust, envy, and gluttony gluttony yes, okay, And then the one that everyone always forgets, which I'm not even one hundred for sure what this means. Wrath, Ah, what's just anger, that's just anger. It's a sin to be angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all. That's a good thing. I do like that they say that pride is a sin because everyone always is. Like That's the thing that I read about in that book Letting Go that I was obsessed with, is that they were like, let go of pride. Don't be proud of things. Don't be proud of yourself. Don't be proud of people. Don't be that's a bad thing to be. And it was the first time I'd ever heard that. But it isn't because pride is a sin, and I've obviously heard that before. But we don't ever act like pride is a sin. All we talk about is that you should be proud of yourselves. Oh my god, I got done. I was so proud of myself. I'm proud of this. I'm proud of you. I want to make my parents proud, I want to make you like. Everything's about pride. But pride is not good to have it because it sets you up for failure. Oh yeah, unless it's Unless it's pride like gay pride. Then that's good.
Speaker 2: Be humble. That's what Kendrick says. You know what, here's a definition for wrath. Wrath can be defined as uncontrolled feelings of anger, rage, and even hatred. Wrath often reveals itself in the wish to seek vengeance. So I guess I can see that that's.
Speaker 1: What it is. It's the vengeance. It's like the vengeful as controlled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like someone just truly unleashing. That's right. But being just regular angry, that can't be a sin. That's just an emotion that you feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But I think the idea with sinning is that we all are born doing it and we can't help and we will do it, and you know, it just anger. It's wrath.
Speaker 3: Like the definition of wrath is the vengeful anger, So I don't think. But it's not saying that you've taken it.
Speaker 1: It just sends that you want to have you Like, isn't there a difference between like daydreaming about hurting someone and.
Speaker 2: Actually offering reveals itself in the wish to seek vengeance.
Speaker 1: It's not saying you right, it's not saying you do it. It's just the wish.
Speaker 2: That's why they say like, if you just think about if just have homo erotic thoughts, that's a sin you have to right, that's what the Mormons say.
Speaker 1: Well, original sin that I learned about at youth camp, which they like they I went to this young life camp and I wasn't I was not raised with any religion, so I didn't know about original sin. But original sin is so fucked up. It's like they did this thing at youth camp, at a young Life camp and h where they the whole week they were like, we are going to talk to you about sin and about God's love and Jesus is forgiving you and at the very end, we're going to reveal something that's going to blow your mind. And we were like, Okay, what's the secret going to be? I was not buying in because my parents steeled me against any kind of messaging that I would get there because my parents are atheists and so they, you know, we're really like, do not fall for any of the talks. I just send you to that no way to go because all my friends were going, and it's just like it's a social thing and you sing songs and you make crafts and it's in we you know it's in a camp place in Wisconsin. It's just like with a bunch of high school students that you like flirty boy times and like girl hangs. It's great, but then the God you had to do the God talks. But at the very end they were like, here's here's the thing. We talked about sin, and we talked about how Jesus will forgive you. You're born with sin. So even if you think you've never sinned before, you you're born sinning. You have original sin just being born. You'll have these thoughts you're gonna have. You you're going to Hell no matter what. But there's a silver lining. You don't have to go to hell even though you are. You're on your way there right now. But you don't have to if you let Jesus into your heart and you ask him for forgiveness and you take Jesus's hand, he's stepping he's Jesus is on the water and you're in a boat and you have to step off the boat. And are you going to step off the boat? And they pass the mic around and they make everyone say I'm going to step off the boat and everyone's crying. Becoming a Christian and Taylor McGraw and I were drawing in a notebook making fun of people, and and we know we didn't get off the boat. But I thought it was really fucking tricky of them to all week talk about like these are what sinners are, and you guys aren't. Oh ways, second you are. You were as a baby, you were born with sin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always say, solthy sinner.
Speaker 1: Do you know that? You know? Because babies go, that's why they're baptized. They like that means they'll go to heaven because they can't talk yet, so they can't repent, right, so they they if they die before they can talk, they still will go to he And because they were baptized or whatever, women that wanted to kill themselves back in the early ages, I don't know when exactly, they also had it in their minds that they killed themselves, they'll go to hell, right, because that's a sin, to kill yourself. So they didn't want to go to hell, but they were deeply depressed and wanted to die, right, So what would they do. They would take a baby that was newly baptized and throw it in a river. Throw it in a river, the baby would die. They would be tried for murder and they would be put to death. And that's how they would commit suicide. That is a real thing that would happen quite often. No, because they would ask for forgiveness. They would repent, and Jesus forgives all. So yeah, I think that's the rule. Jesus forgives everything. Jesus loves you. And so they would murder a baby because the baby was gonna go to heaven. They knew that, so it wasn't really they didn't really care that they murdered the baby. Literally, this life is just a waiting room to the afterlife. So they did that baby a service in their minds. They tossed a baby into a river, and then they would be tried for murder and then they would be put to death and burned at the sake or whatever the fuck would it hung and then it wouldn't be their fault that they died. Isn't that fucked up? And that's why you should send your kids to young life camp. Okay, final thought, Let's do a couple more.
Speaker 2: Think about all the sins a baby commits. Wrath, baby is constantly screen They're not vengeful though, Oh you never met you, Oh.
Speaker 1: Actually, toddlers are vengeful. Yes, rat pull your hair, call you ugly. The other day, Poppy goes, that's you, and she pointed out a woman that was not me. If you know what I'm saying. The only thing we had in common was blonde hair, and I said, why is that mean? She goes, that looks like you, and I go, I don't know that I like that. Why do I look like that? And they go because because you're fat. The woman was a fat woman, and I said, oh I am, and I go, that's actually awesome. I want to be fat. I think being fat is cool and that's a totally okay thing to be. I was like trying to obviously like make this not a because I know that they were just trying to be rude, but it bothered me that they thought calling me fat was funny or something. Nineteen Uh no, she's four, so she's already knows. She already knows that fat people are to be made fun of, I guess, and skinny people are better because that's what we've that's it's America. Baby's so frustrating. But I was just like, good, I want to be fat and I would love to look like that. Woman, and I think I sold it. I think she believed it. Okay, but yeah, they they're they're mean. Kids are mean. Don't hold onto your great idea until it's too late. Wait what I don't understand. Don't hold on to your great idea until it's too late. Tell someone that great idea and then let them make it. Like, if you have a great idea, do it. Don't let it find some other avenue, because.
Speaker 2: Sure at all for that one. Well, I just every time I have an idea, I try to execute it and it doesn't always succeed. And that's just the way it goes. I'm not one of these people who.
Speaker 1: Say, you do relate to it, you think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, actually did happen to me because I had a great idea and I sat on it and then fucking Kevin Costner came in and he stole it from me. Yellowstone, Yeah it was Yellowstone. I had the idea for yellow No I do. My idea was to create a location based storytelling app where if you're driving, if you're on a road trip or something, and you drive past a location or a point of interest, then it will tell you a story based on that location while you're in that location and you can be Yeah, and Kevin Coster did it like like a year after I started talking to my lawyer about it, Kevin, thank god. Yeah, Kevin Coster came out with this the same app.
Speaker 1: Does your lawyer represent Kevin Costner?
Speaker 2: My lawyer is Kevin Coster. But that's that I don't see the connection.
Speaker 1: I did have a good idea for an app one time, and now I can't remember it.
Speaker 2: I do know that about it, yeah, you know. And it's the thing is, like, you don't want to be an app developer, Like, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Kevin cost a good idea for a fucking app?
Speaker 2: Right, exactly.
Speaker 1: Mine, my joking. One that was a good idea was one called last Scene in and it was a way to girls for girls to post their outfits of the day. But it was a way that if they posted it and they went missing, we would have a documentation of what they were last wearing. But it was a way to also so it was a way to find missing girls. It was a it was a nod to the fact that we're all future victims of crimes and possible kidnappings and uh being you know, put into a slave situation. But also it was a way to be like, this is my outfit of the day, and it's called last scene. You do it before you go for a run, you do it before you go on a date.
Speaker 2: I think that's hilarious. That's gonna it's like, you know, they try to make be real a thing, and that's like, I don't know if that's working or not. It seems like somebody.
Speaker 1: Will still have be reels. Yeah, I like those. I like that some apps are just some people are on them and others are not. Yeah, I like that. Okay, I like this one a lot, and I need to think about it all the time. And this would have helped me at the Kevin Hart thing when I had a panic attack, because really that was all about me being extremely self centered and thinking that I am so important that anyone cares what I have to say. But it's hard not to feel that way when there are camera's on you and you're on a red carpet and there's microphones in your face. I will say that there is an illusion that people do give a fuck about what you have to say when that's all happening. Yeah, but number ten people aren't thinking about you as much as you think.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Taught me that.
Speaker 2: It's so upsetting, Really, it gives a shit about anything.
Speaker 1: It's upsetting when you realize how little people care about you.
Speaker 2: I guess people care about what we say on this podcast because.
Speaker 1: The only person that this does not apply to, and I'm one hundred percent sure of this, is Taylor Swift. Yeah, people are thinking about her way just as much like as she thinks. Yeah we are, I am, but yeah, no, how did I teach you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just interpreting it in like a much different way. And it's this, It's what we talked about yesterday with like the Glazier exit. And I just remember one time someone invited me to like a wedding, like a pre a bachelorette party or something like that, and you were just like and I just couldn't go. It was impossible for me to go, and I felt so terrible.
Speaker 1: And you said, do.
Speaker 3: You think that she's going to be thinking about you being there on her bachelorette party? You think that's going to make her break the fund of the party? And yeah, I guess, like no, that she's not going to think that until she.
Speaker 2: Finds joy and guilting people, then she might yeah.
Speaker 1: And then she's a you shouldn't go anyway, but yeah, that's a really good point. Like it. It sometimes to make my mom feel better because she'll be like wearing an outfit where she's like, I don't know, this is too much skin showing, and I go, no one cares, no one's looking at you, nobody nods like no one and she goes, that is so rude. She always gets really bad when I say that, and I'm trying to free her, and I don't realize what I'm telling her is that she doesn't matter, and that's not at all what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to, like, be like, people aren't obsessed. People aren't trying to look for negatives about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they see you, but they're not gonna like hone in on what you're pointing at right.
Speaker 2: Now, unless unless it's directly affecting them, like if you stink or something and you're sitting on a plane next to them, or oh yeah, and then they're thinking about you a lot, or if you're being rude or something.
Speaker 1: Man, I wasn't even close to doing it. But boy did I fantasize the other day when I was sitting on a plane with Matt and Anya, they smelled it too. It was just the whole section of our plane, just saying, hey, someone in this area to look into changing up your deodorant, showering more often, and cleaning your clothes. You smell really, really bad. And it's not a crime. We all smell bad, but you just need to update your hygiene, you know, schedule. I just wanted to say that very kindly, like just into the because we didn't know who it was. It was so permeating every there was no there was no way that there's no nucleus of it. It was everywhere. But who's going to tell that person? Not you? That was kind of too uh.
Speaker 2: This is why bullying is a good thing sometimes, and like because you do learn stuff about yourself. An elementary school in middle school when those kids are being mean, sometimes they're telling you something you need to eat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like your breath is bad, and I'm like, why didn't anyone else tell me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That goes back to what the list was saying about, like it not be life not being too easy or things not being too easy and stuff like that. That's a difficulty which seems like, oh my god, I never want my children to be bullied. I never want to be bullied, but like it kind of gives you a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of Yeah. David Beckham. I was watching a clip of him yesterday with James Gordon and they were talking about how his dad never said good job ever until he won his like tenth cup. I don't even know what that means, literally his tenth cup and his dad goes, you did it. He had never once heard good game from his dad. You played well today, ever, And his dad was like his he was there for everything, and he said because and he was like, he has to spin it now to be grateful, even though I think that was so crazy if you watch the Beckham documentary, his dad was just way too harsh. Did it make him incredible? Yes, didn't make him able to so when when the whole nation hated him, when when people were spinning on him in the street, and his teammates hated him and all these things, he said, it didn't. I could just put my head down and work because I already the person who was not giving me what I needed my whole entire childhood I just had to make do with not get not caring what people thought, because if I cared even a little bit, the fact that my dad he didn't say this, but the fact that his dad didn't give him the love that he needed was so devastating that he just did. It made him strong and it absolutely made him who he is. But would I ever wish that on another kid? No? No, So it's kind of hard to determine what to do. Okay, and finally we'll just go to the very end. Okay, wait, let me find a good one. Oh this is oh yeah, right, okay. Number twenty eight. Never criticize, blame, or complain.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, never never.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you think of anyone who doesn't who doesn't do any of those? Can you even just a person that doesn't do one of those? I mean, you would be in criticized, blame or complain. Never criticize. I'm getting better at.
Speaker 3: I really like I want to strive to be that kind of person, but I know that I'm imperfect and I will never complain.
Speaker 2: Like, criticizing your own work and things like that is the key to achieving greatness. So like you do need to criticize, you say.
Speaker 1: Means though you're like disappointed and you're mad, Like you can be critical, but to criticize and like put yourself down is not. I don't think helpful blame, blame, or complain. I am getting better about the criticized thing I was about to make fun of. I think I've stopped myself within the past week seven different times from sending dms to either Anya, you guys, or Chris making fun of something that I am feeling slightly jealous of or slightly like they tried to do something that I would want to do but they failed doing it. Let's make fun of them so that I don't ever have to do that, because I know that people will make fun of me in this way. So I've stopped myself from doing that so many times. I really invite other people to try. When you want to make fun of someone, if you really want to, you'll want to tomorrow. Just put it off till tomorrow. Just stop yourself in the moment, and if you really want to do it the next day, and then you will have deserved it because you will sat on it and been like, no, I deserve to complain about this thing or bitch about this thing. But just stop yourself in the moment of making fun of or criticizing things for one hour.
Speaker 2: It's so tough.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can do it, but I really I think that's an important one to leave on because that's the one I want to work on the most.
Speaker 2: It's satisfying. It's addictive to sit there and make fun of things, to criticize things, it feels good.
Speaker 1: My new thing is not criticizing myself, like I just am not allowed to do it, even though I want to do it, and secretly I know that I could. I do it like kind of sneakily, like I think about it, but I don't like go into it too hard. I mean I do, but like when I'm weakened, but most of the time, when I'm like strong enough, I don't allow myself to do it. But I'm still like kind of thinking about it, but I just won't. I can't indulgence it as much as I want to. The Heidi Preeb my new favorite girl on YouTube. I've talked about her before. She is this thing where she was like, you just have to have your own back, And so my new thing is looking at myself in the mirror and just being like I got you, like no one else has you. You can't count on anyone else in your life. And that's not me being like, you can't count on anyone, you only have yourself. But you truly only have yourself. You literally are going to lose everyone you love in life, they're going to lose you. You only have yourself till the very end, So you can't. You can. You can be a disappoint in yourself, you can criticize yourself, you can feel all these things about yourself, but you can't give up on yourself. You always have to be like, yes, I don't like what you just did. Yes, I don't like how you look today. Yes I'm disappointed in how you've behaved this week or how you behave just now. But I'm not gonna I'm still gonna stay with you. I'm still I'm not gonna check out. I'm not gonna give up on you. And I feel like it's like being in a shitty marriage where you're like, I can't I'm not going to give up on this, even though it's like I'm really upset and I want to get out and I want to abandon you, and I don't know quite what that means yet to me, but it's something that's kind of stuck with me. That isn't like love yourself, even I hate the thing that's like, well, if you can't love yourself, accept yourself, I don't know the difference between the two. They aren't clicking for me. It doesn't help to hear that. What does help for me, for some reason, is you don't get to abandon yourself. You don't get to just check out and let yourself like a toddler, just wander off into traffic. You still gotta hold that toddler's hand, even if you're disappointed. You don't know why you have this toddler. You're so sick of it. It's draining all your time. You don't even like the way it looks, you don't even like the way it acts. Is you're so disappointed in what you have, you have to hold that toddler's hand as across as the street, even if you're mad about it. And I kind of liked that imagery. Yeah, so I'm gonna leave on that. Everyone have a great weekend. We are gonna be on tour again. I'm Intoert Ronert City, I think Ronert Park. Sorry, California. It's Casino and then I am in to Mecula. That's not this weekend, that's next week. Yeah, it's next weekend. This weekend I'm off, But then the next weekend it'll be Rohnert, California, and then Temecula and then a bunch of different cities coming up. I'm gonna be in La doing spots all around town, so you check my schedule for or just check my Instagram stories for that. But we will see you next week on the podcast. Don't even think we won't have a great weekend. Don't be cut and bye.