Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody, gang's all here, ready to go. The King of Content, the Minister of Humor, Todd Fritz Seaton in the back row, Marvin the Prince, Paulyester in the front row. Yours truly the back room, guys, ready to go this Monday, best and worst of the weekend. Which you saw that you liked you didn't like? Operator Tyler is sitting by eight seven to seven three. DP Show First Hour brought to you by tirerac dot com The Way Tire Buying Should Be. See the full lineup of Bridgetone tires special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tirec dot com The Way Tire Buying Should Be. Phone calls are welcome. Email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country, including iHeartRadio and Fox Sports Radio. Peter Schrager NFL Network has been at the combine all week long. We'll talk to him coming up. Also, the Rams head coach Sean McVay will stop by and from entertainment tonight, we'll talk to Kevin Fraser and Michelle Turner. It's the annual visit after the Academy Awards. It's amazing watching and watching last night, the number of movies that you don't see but you have an opinion on. Like Demi Moore did not win. I thought she was going to and it's for the movie Substance. I didn't see the movie, but I thought she deserved to win the Academy Award, which is really we became experts last night over the span of about three hours. They're like, okay, yeah, all right, you know the Conclave. They could come out of nowhere and win. Like I didn't even see the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, you just described every man on the planet modern day. I didn't see what I'm talking about. But I'm an expert only and I have a very strong opinion that's essentially modern society.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I did see a few of the movies I did. I saw Nora, I saw Amria Barres as well. The best movie, okay, the most impactful movie that I saw.
Speaker 2: It was Wicked. No, it wasn't Wicked.
Speaker 1: It was The Nickel Boys, The book is incredible, very powerful.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it got nominated. Hopefully people will watch it or maybe read the book. But you want to talk about an impactful movie story the Nickel Boys, and you can google it go into the details there of what these you know, poor kids went through. But I saw some of substance. I saw some of you know how I am my My add kicks in and I'm like, okay, I watched a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'll get back to it. The Conclave.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought Timothy Shallabay was great as Bob Dylan, so Adrian Brody. I started watching The Brutalist, but it was three and a half hours long, and you know that's going to take me like a month to get through that. But yeah, everybody had an opinion. I just felt bad, you know, to me, Moore, this was her chance? Was she sixty two years of age? You got this role of a lifetime, she gave everything to it. Then all of a sudden, you got this twenty five year old out of Anora. And I thought she was spectacular in that movie Anora is it Mikey Madison? She was great, great, And it's an indie film and I love that the director Sean Baker did a wonderful job with it. I mean, it's a frenetic pace. You're you're holding your breath, You're exhausted when that movie is over. But I just didn't know if Hollywood would go, yeah, we'll give it to her, but we won't give it to me.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 1: I thought they would reward her, and I thought that that might hurt Timothy Chalome as well, that you know, maybe too young, which I don't. I don't get that. You know, you'll get around to it, and then you do an al Pacino sensible woman. Considering all the great things Paccino did and MC guy, we got to give him an Academy Award one of these days.
Speaker 2: How about sensible woman?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pul what would be the sports comp for de mean more situation? An actress who's done it a long time finally gets nominated, probably won't be back. Is that like Matt Ryan and the Super Bowl? Did a lot of good work, got one chance, never got back. Maybe how about this one? Here's a better shut question. Okay, Kieran Culkin is the Danny Hurley of the Oscars, The younger the older brother was super duper famous. Really early and then just kind of went away. Mcaulay Culkin, he still works, but he was a superstar three decades ago.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, you got Kieran who was in succession.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he had a slow burn to his career. So Bobby Hurley is Macaulay Culkin. Danny Hurley is Karen Collen.
Speaker 2: You're proud of this, aren't you fair? I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, a coward you're feeling that one?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought kiaren Cochin might be penalized for acting like kiaren Cochin in this movie.
Speaker 4: He's a great speech giver.
Speaker 2: But now that he played the role is great.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a dramedy about the Holocaust, a real pain, and I thought, you know, they had to basically force him to do the movie. Emma Stone is a producer and Jesse Eisenberg did a wonderful job with the script, but they he was not going to get on the plane to go. He did not want to do this movie. And it's you know, you see the movie and he does a great job.
Speaker 2: He really does.
Speaker 1: But then I saw some columns where there it's like, well, was he really acting?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's what it is but watching that last night, and you know, I tune in not necessarily for the movies, but who's there, who's presenting, who's in the audience, those kind of Adam Sandler showed up, looked like a mess on purpose, But it was a funny, funny bit there, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: Every single year I say the same thing when I watched the Oscars. The funny thing about the Oscars is all these awards, you only know four people in those categories. You only know best Actor, best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and actress, everything else. You don't know the best cinematographer. You might know best song if it's a famous artist, but other than that, who had you know best Adapted Screenplay?
Speaker 2: Well, Diane Warren lost again. Damn.
Speaker 7: I thought it was her year.
Speaker 1: Well, she was up for Best Song. I think she's She's been nominated like fifteen times something crazy, seventeen, seventeen and never won. Do you go like, after a while, did you just say, Like the Sports Emmys, there's twice where I didn't go and you know, didn't win, but I was like, I don't know, I had something else and then I just said I'm not going in now. If we were nominated, then I would go in even though I know we'd lose, but still I'd still go in so we could lose together. But yeah, it's one of those where you go you're sitting there and it's years, like to me, more years and years and years. Nobody's taking you seriously as an actress. You're just a pretty person, pretty woman, but you know, got a good resume, likable Bruce Willis was your husband, you know, And then you get this role and she nails it by all accounts, and you're there and you're waiting.
Speaker 2: You know that tension.
Speaker 1: I look, we do it on a small basis of Sports Emmys, but damn it, it's our Academy Awards. And when your name is called or it's not called, it is so high and so low. And I just can't imagine what to me Moore was thinking. And you could see it. They had the camera on her and she nods and she goes nice and she's lost the Academy Ward. I mean, in her mind she lost it. It's not that somebody else won. She lost. Does she get other opportunities now because of this? You know, the way Hollywood is with women over the age of forty it'll be difficult. You had a movie that really struck a chord with her about being beautiful and then losing that but the opportunity to get it back, but it comes with a price. But everybody's going to be a movie critic today. Everybody is gonna be like, uh, yeah, you know that whatever movie it is, and you're like, didn't see it. But that guy Ray Fines got ripped off. He should have wanted for the conclave. Yes, todd Singsing got snubbed.
Speaker 2: How do you not win that award?
Speaker 1: All right, So we'll just come up with maybe sports comps for some of the folks who didn't win.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, we're working on one for Adrian Brody. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor in OH three for the Pianist. Correct, then it's twenty three years later he wins it again. Is there an athlete who won when they're really young and really old? Any sport? Okay, TV twelve Okay, Tim Duncan, Tim Duncan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they also went in between. So I need to have a twenty year GW.
Speaker 4: Least at least fifteen sports wise, because we work it down.
Speaker 2: So somebody who won early and then won later. We'll work on that. This is a sharp pot, Duncan.
Speaker 4: It's not bad though. It's a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he won five titles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's yeah, the other three and they're the one and then the one at the very end. All right, eight seven seven three DP shows who always do every Monday best and worst of the weekend. A couple other things. Matthew Stafford back with the Rams. I thought it was going to take a two year guaranteed deal of one hundred million. I'm not sure the final numbers, but it's probably in that vicinity. The Commanders quietly acquired Deebo Samuel for the Niners. Yesterday, I'm watching the combine. I'm watching in real time. Boy, nice weekend, Dan, Yeah, I know, but I'm watching Rich Eisen Daniel Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: All of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, Rich goes, let's go to Ian Rappaport Baba, and then he goes The forty nine Ers have traded Deebo Samuel to the Commanders for a fifth round pick. Oh well, I immediately text the dan Ets and fifth round pick is nothing. Now you're going to have to pay his salary. There might be in the final year of his deal, but you get Deebo Samuel. Here's a trap we fall into sometimes when your team is successful one year and then you think that success translates into success the following year. Now what I'm getting at is the Commanders were a wonderful story, went to the NFC title game.
Speaker 2: Didn't they win five?
Speaker 1: Six, seven games and the final play, final thirty seconds. That is not sustainable in the NFL. And I know it's not in vogue to say, will the Commanders take a step back now? I looked at the Texans cooled off from one year to the next. Now again, they're in a bad division. The Commanders don't have that luxury. But I think they won maybe six or seven games in the on the last play or the final thirty seconds. You're not If you win three of those, that's that's probably a monumental feat. What I'm saying is the Commanders were very fortunate. It last year, great storing, but they were fortunate. Jaden Daniels was great, They held on, you know Fluke play against the Bears like they had things that fell for them. It doesn't always happen that way. And this is where I think that they they have to get better. I didn't think they were a great team. I thought they were a great story. And I'm curious what they're over under will be for next year. It might be ten wins, but now you can say a lot about the teams that is able to win those games. I don't want to be in those situations. I I'd rather have a quarterback where you go, how many fourth quarter comebacks did he have? Not that many because he didn't need to. But it's nice to know when you have that situation, you have a team that can win. Deebo Samuel banged up, hasn't had over a thousand yards receiving the last three years. Doesn't have to be the man. Terry McLaurin is, Jayden Daniels give you another toy to play with. And I in Cliff Kingsbury's offense good if he stays healthy, it's a big, big pickup for them. But are you going to have him for one year? Are you going to want to extend him? And I think it's you might be getting twenty million dollars, so you always got to play the salary cap game of you and now the Niners. The Niners have gotten to the point where we've spoken about this. You have a window of opportunity. What is their window of opportunity now? Because the NFC West isn't great, but it's not bad. It's competitive, And I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that you look at the Niners like to me, the Rams, they're young, Stafford's back. I mean, I love what they're doing right now. You got Pookinakoupa there. But you know, you start to look at these windows, like the Lions window of opportunity, and we always go, well, wait till next year, okay, And then we said that about the forty nine ers. Well, hey, they've got a lot of time. Well now you got to pay. Now, you got to pay your quarterback, and you know, the casualties as a result. This happens to teams all the time. Happened to Seattle when they lucked into Russell Wilson and then they had him for years. Keep the defense intact. Rock Perty is going to get paid. Brandon Nyuk is probably not going to be with the team next year. Can Christian McCaffrey play anymore? Trent Williams, you got one more year?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: You start to look and go, you know, George Kittle contracts up. Are they're going to extend him? So you have these questions, but I like what the commanders did. Be aggressive, and if I'm the commanders, I'm all in on Miles Garrett. All in, let's go because you know who is lurking for Miles Garrett, the Philadelphia Eagles. You got full speed ahead, man. Once again, the window of opportunity, go for it, go for it. Trade draft picks. That's potential. I can get that guy right there. You're trading the thirtieth pick. So what go all in because if you don't get him, maybe Detroit gets him and then you're gonna see him in the playoffs. All right, we're just getting started. We'll settle on a poll question. We'll have that your phone calls always welcome, best and worst to the weekend. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something.
Speaker 8: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 1: Play of the Day, stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming. Seaton, Let's pull question from the first hour, got a.
Speaker 3: Couple options here from me, probably just sent a couple over. Most promising team in the NFL right now?
Speaker 2: Is dot dot promising?
Speaker 3: Promising being the keyword there, Commander, they're promising Texans are It feels a little different than the commander's version of promising Chargers Broncos other neither Neither.
Speaker 1: Are the Eagles promising? They can't be promising like they're going to promise another.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl you already promised and delivered on said promise. I would say the Lions aren't promising either. They're already they've graduated, They've already become expected.
Speaker 2: Is the Green Bay Packers promising?
Speaker 4: They're simmering? I don't know if they're promising. That's a whole different. Yeah question, you feel like we're not sure which direction.
Speaker 1: They're simmering, simmering, simmering, But.
Speaker 4: Like Denver feels, oh, they're next up to get the treatment of. This is the team to keep an eye on next year, sneaky quarterback?
Speaker 2: What other pole question?
Speaker 3: Seatan Uh, we got another one here? Would you rather have very small hands?
Speaker 2: Are very short arms?
Speaker 4: As a civilian?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the short arm season. It feels like the combine it was all about guys who had short arms. Now, normally it's your hands. Jalen Milrow, his hands grew. I guess in the month when they grow a half inch, something create And I don't know how that works other than you stretch. They actually go to somebody who helps you stretch your hands. But the short arm. Can I stretch my arms to make them longer? I think there's an offensive lineman and like Will Campbell. Maybe they're like, you know, he's a big guy, mean, but he've got short arms. Okay, what does that mean? And then they said it was like a quarter of an inch shorter than what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Quarter of an inch.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I don't that's gonna cost him millions of dollars that quarter.
Speaker 2: Yees.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's gonna give up sacks. He's going to be a turnstyle out there, plummeting right now his dress. The only guy that I ever saw and I couldn't take my eyes off of him when it was pointed out to me he had short arms. Bill Laimbeer he had short arms, and every time I would see him, it just felt like, oh damn, he does he have short arms? But I don't you hear this? Sometimes you know a waistbender. Yeah, he doesn't have flexibility, pliability. And we're always looking for what is the new catchphrase in the NFL, and now we got short arm season.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have Aaron Donald's draft profile out of pit.
Speaker 2: He's got to have short arms, huge.
Speaker 4: Concern, huge red flag. Aaron Donald was in the bottom third of arm length at the combine. It seemed to work out though.
Speaker 1: It seemed like his arms were long enough to grab your quarterback and sack him, to push your guy in the back. Yeah, that's all I really need there. But yeah, there were a couple of linemen they have short arms. I don't know how that's going to affect them.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marv, do you know who Jaylen Morroll saw to stretch his hands out, ask for a Frank.
Speaker 2: I'm asking four frank.
Speaker 1: I'll check into that. See see if that specialist can come here and work with you. I mean, can come here somebody I know somebody you know, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: Jaylen Milroe at the Senior ball his hand size was eight and three quarters inches, which is Kenny pickettish And that was a big red flag. We actually sat on the air. He's got a month to get ready for the combine, and he clearly did. Now he's up to nine and three ACE, which is he's out of the danger zone.
Speaker 1: Okay, clearly. I think he's got other things he needs to work on. Well, but look on his hands.
Speaker 2: He took care of one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey, look mom, no hands all right? Eight seven, seven to three DP show. Get a couple of phone calls in here. A couple other headlines aside from Stafford with the RAMS commanders with Debo Combine wrapping up. Rick Patino's doing it again. Amazing. It's like a time machine. You're going, wait a minute, what is he doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Doing it again.
Speaker 1: In the Big East, Cavaliers have won ten in a row. The Lakers playing some really good defense. He've won eight out of ten. You've got rockets and the thunder coming up tonight. Let me see Gus in La leads this off. Hi, Gus, what's on your mind today? Do we have phones today?
Speaker 2: Marvin?
Speaker 7: I'm looking into it right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so those on hold, we'll try to get to you technical difficulties. Please stand by. With the Lakers, you had Luca had twenty nine and nine and La is seven and two. Since Luca made his Laker debut, they won six games in a row and Lebron had it. Oh, by the way, seventeen and nine. I think if you combine, here's one for in this amazing you combine the regular season and the postseason. Lebron James career points forty nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna get it.
Speaker 10: Good day the day, pop stead of the day stat of the day, here comes that?
Speaker 2: What stat of the.
Speaker 1: Sean McVay A little bit later on and we'll wrap up the Oscars with Kevin Fraser and Michelle Turner from Entertainment tonight. Peter Schrager was at the Combine all week and he'll join us on loan from NFL Network.
Speaker 2: Yes, ton So, is that a game stopping milestone?
Speaker 7: Since he just needs one points? So the game starts and he taps one in or he gets a lamper, hits a free throw, and then does everything stop for several minutes? First one to fifty thousand? What do you do there?
Speaker 2: It's the Lakers. Any reason to celebrate? Get clicks? Yes, you give me a little like eight to eleven seconds or something into the game, and all of a sudden there's.
Speaker 1: That Nobody else is getting to fifty thousand points, so why not take another victory left. I'm still trying to figure out face of the NBA controversy that was all last week where you got ESPN personalities are weighing in with Lebron. Anthony Edwards doesn't want to be the face of the NBA. All the media does is criticize the NBA. And then it's a back and forth with Steven A and Lebron and yeah, you know, there is reason to be critical of the NBA. But I to throw up, open up a large umbrella and say all the media is underneath that umbrella criticizing the NBA. We're certainly not a show that does that. But I think, you know, are there a lot of people, Yes, they are hot take people who may not want to focus on the Detroit Pistons or the Houston Rockets or the Cavaliers.
Speaker 2: They play the hits.
Speaker 1: Lebron, of all people, should understand how the media works, and he's wanted to be the face of the NBA, And like, you can't come out and call yourself the king, the chosen one. Take Mike's number twenty three. I mean, let's just stop with that. If Anthony Edwards doesn't want to be the face of the NBA, so what I'm okay with that? Well, sometimes you're the face of the NBA without trying to be the face. Lebron was trying to be the face. He wanted to emulate Michael Jordan at every step of the way. So Lebron is still the face of the NBA, like it or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pauling I went back and looked and in December there was a lot of articles about the first month of the NBA season, how down their ratings were. We talked about it. Every show talks about it. It's math, it's numbers. We were just reporting numbers and discussing it and pointing out possible reasons. I don't know if that's hypercritical, but we did talk about it.
Speaker 1: Well. We wanted to know why is it the game itself? Is it too many threes? We've talked about the All Star Game, We've talked about load management, like these are all real things. You know, when guys are going to be paid a million dollars a game your audience, and granted the money's already been spent by these TV networks, they spend billions of dollars, So I don't know, you know how much the players care. They all got their their money, they'll get more money. But I think as a consumer, you got to worry about your advertisers making sure you keep them happy because ESPN or you know, Amazon or whoever you know, broadcasting partners, NBC, they still need to get money from advertisers for that product. They've they've spent the money. Now they want to recoup some money. And I don't know if people are going out of their way to be overly negative.
Speaker 2: I think there are.
Speaker 1: Times when you call it out, like the seventy six have done stupid moves here. They should be called out. They have four hundred and five million dollars due to Joe Ellenbiid and Paul George.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 1: That's front office malpractice, so they should be called out. Kawhi had thirty three points, and you go, I don't care because who knows when he's going to play again. The storylines they're not going to be covered by the major networks. They're not going to you're not going to get first take or whatever any of these shows that are going to be spending any time on some of these other stories that are interesting, even the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers, what are they fifty and ten? Fifty and ten? You have less than ten teams in the history of the game. I think that have gone fifty and ten. Nothing sexy about them. That's why they won't be covered. So that's please understand that there are reasons why when you tune in, you can tune into ESPN right now, it'll be about the Lakers pretty much, guarantee, or Aaron Rodgers, maybe going to the Giants, question mark, that's what is happening. And look, I was part of the machine there at ESPN. You played the hits. It was Yankees, Red Sox, it was Duke North Carolina basketball. It was the same things over and over and over, and after a while you're like, can we mix it up a little bit? But hey, we got research that says this is what people want to hear. Or if you're flipping through and they could be talking about Caid Cunningham or Luka Doncic, what are you going to stop on the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't play.
Speaker 3: I think the origin of the face of the NBA story is Anthony Edwards, right, Yeah, publicly said he doesn't want to be the face of the NBA, and people, I think reacted negatively to that because I think we have this expectation that if you're playing in the league and you're good, then you should want to be that guy. And so it's weird when people sort of push back on it, say, I don't actually want to be I just want to play basketball.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be that guy. But look at what we did to Mike Trout. Mike Trout doesn't want to be the face of baseball. Even when he had the opportunity, when he was the best player in baseball, he didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: People basically left him alone and let him not be the face of baseball. And now you rarely mention his name, and he's like, perfect, I get to make sixty five million a year, not make the playoffs and still be like, man, it's a shame what happened to Mike Trout. I just got yeah, one point five billion dollars in the bank and never had to play in a meaningful game.
Speaker 2: Gus in La, Hi, Gus, are you there?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 5: More than mister Padre? I hope you're and the boys had a great weekend uh, best of the weekend for me, The Oscar weekend finally over. This time of year is finally over. Your God is finally over. I get to rest now, I get to sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, most famous person you saw where you work was who are you allowed to say this?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, well we we had a big bash. We had a big party. So pretty much every nomine always comes out just depends on who it is, you know what I mean, Like everybody was there. Sydney Sweeney, dear God that I fall in love every time. Uh, Monica Barbara, she was nominated last night for Bob Dylan film That Girl's Beautiful God. Al Pacino? Who Leo? Uh, you know, just kind of depends on you know, Kim Kardashian, whoever, depends on what your cup.
Speaker 6: Of tea is.
Speaker 2: Who had the biggest entourage.
Speaker 5: Making a goncharg Leo? Leo had the biggest entourage men and with it. Let me tell you, yeah it was It was just not man. I'm like I told Tyler, felt like I worked forty eight hours in two days, three days. But but no, bast to the weekend by far as that I can finally sleep now.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I got to worry about this for another year. But yeah, got to got to watch a little bit of basketball. My Lady Trojan Big Ten title over Ucla. That was fun to watch, my Lakers playing great ball, hands down. Now I get to rest and just kick back and watch you boys.
Speaker 1: You boys have a hell of a week, all right, Go get go to bed. He sounds like he's been up all night for a couple of nights and not partying.
Speaker 2: Working.
Speaker 1: I watched Juju Watkins and we said this last year that there is the possibility she could be the best player in the game, not college basketball. She plays at USC She's wonderful. You talk about both ends of the floor. I think she had eight blocks in a game earlier this year. She just plays differently than everybody else. Now, is she as impactful as Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 1: What Caitlin did brought people out who probably didn't care about women's basketball, But you know it's Caitlin Clark would be like Neil Armstronge. She's the first person on the moon, and now Juju Watkins is circling. She is great and going to be great and could turn out to be the best player when she gets to the WNBA, yes, Marvin, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so random.
Speaker 7: The WNB All Star Game is in Indianapolis this year, right, So my suggestion is should they put the WNBA All Star Game in Lucas Oil and try to put forty thousand people in the season They already do the arena.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, but if you don't want it to be half empty, like you want it to be full, because there are times I remember when the Palace in Auburn Hills, Remember they would black out the whole top part of the palace, the silver Dome, yeah, Silver Dome, Yeah, because they weren't going to fill it up. You want to make sure that it is an incredibly rock as crowd full, not there's empty seats there. You want it to be where you can't get a ticket, and it'll probably be that. As much as they love their basketball in Indiana. But Juju Watkins is the deal.
Speaker 2: She is her, and.
Speaker 1: You'll see more of her come March Madness, probably playing in a championship game or at least getting close to it, but just different and a great, great two way player. All Right, we'll take a break. More phone calls coming up. Play the day next be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Oh my God, the play of the day.
Speaker 5: It is the play of the day. Check this out.
Speaker 2: Ziggler gets the wall of Mayshack. Mayshak is gonna take it. Two seconds. Mayshack one second launches the three point shot.
Speaker 11: Gone at the dozer.
Speaker 2: Mayshack wins it for Tennessee. Put point eight seconds to go. Tennessee brings it up the war rod.
Speaker 9: To my Mayshack hits the biggest three point shot in his career.
Speaker 1: As courtesy of lear Field Sports, Tennessee is eight wins against ranked teams this season. Only Auburn with ten Alabama with nine have more. Kelle, you win the SEC. It's almost like winning a national title this year. That's your play of the day. Brought to you by Mako. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. Mako brings your car back to life. Affordable paint jumps like collision repairs. Get a free s from today. Uh oh, better get Maco. Got more phone calls in here. Buddha in San Francisco, Good morning, Buddha, Welcome back.
Speaker 6: What up DP Happy Monday boys, Ambassador of humor. Let's go baby cool real quick, Dan, I'm in in on Sydney Sweeney and I realized last night that the Combine and the Oscars they have a lot in common. I mean, both have an amazing amount of overcoverage and analysis. Everything is awesome.
Speaker 11: Everyone looks great and promising, and outfits are always a topic, and everyone gets their flowers in their time. I mean, it was pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: But best of the weekend DP our.
Speaker 11: Man Adam Sandler looking like he's about to ball out some dads on the playground while sitting in the sea of tuxedos and then proceeds to walk off. That was awesome and worst of the weekend, DP oh Man, Salute the Man's man. All I gotta say to James of Virginia is enjoyed Deebo Samuel leaving him leaving us in San Francisco is sad, but he's one. He was one of my favorite Niners. But just know that James, you're getting a beast and looking forward to him collaborating with Jayden daniels Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you Buddha. Shador.
Speaker 1: Sanders didn't throw at the combine, but made some news when he met with the media and had this to say.
Speaker 10: Have you ain't trying to say he's a franchise or a coach that don't give me so you used to know history repeats itself over and over and over, and I've done it over and over and over, so it should be no question why NFL franchise Sippiger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: He got back it up there. What happens when you have somebody who's braggadocio or braggadocious, they're waiting for you to fall. And the first time I ever realized that was Muhammad Ali what he was saying, but he was backing it up, and then all of us sudden you had a portion of the population just waiting for him to get dropped. And then he gets suspended for the Vietnam War. Boycott comes back, he fights Joe Fraser, and Joe Fraser beats him, and then it was like, yep, he got shut up temporarily, but should or Sanders what he did when he was in college two different programs, And now he's saying, if you don't want to turn your franchise around, which who wouldn't want to turn their franchise around. If you're the Giants or the Jets, you know what, why did you pass on should or Sanders? We didn't want to turn the franchise around. We're happy. We're happy where we are right now. Hey, he's cocky, he's confident, he's Dion's kid. Whatever he says is going to garner some headline. If cam Ward said this, we wouldn't react, media wouldn't react. It's very formulaic, but cam Ward should feel that way.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I want a quarterback who wants to change, you know, the culture, that that we are going to be a competitive team.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if he's a great quarterback.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I voted him third in the Heisman, so you know, I put my money where my mouth is. I saw him. He played hard, he took hits, he's tough.
Speaker 1: But I don't I don't know if he's I don't know what he does really really well. I don't know if he's just a really good all around quarterback. But we don't talk about his ability to run. And Steve Young came on how many weeks in a row and talked about in today's game, there's so much real estate that's available if you can run, so it is important. But I don't know if we ever saw a shud Or Sanders run where you go, Hey, he's got some a d on speed. But he does keep plays alive, which is another element that we look for in our quarterbacks. But I'm going with the Hall of Famer Steve Young, who says, it's so easy if you're able to run. There's so much turf out there that's yours. You need a quarterback to take advantage of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pauling, do you, guys, and this is obvious, Maybe have a natural trust of the son of a star NFL player that it's going to be good. It won't be a bust. Every quarterback could be a bust. When when I look at certain players, I'm like, well, he's Dion Sun. He knows the route, he knows the dangers, he knows everything. Because of his dad.
Speaker 2: I think he played the same position.
Speaker 1: I might feel differently, you know, if he was Travis Hunter playing cornerback, then you'd be like, man, he's going to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, Shador has been raised to be a quarterback. He sought advice from Tom Brady and some of the other greats. And you know, he played well at Jackson State and he played well at Colorado.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, this is where the scouts will say he would be the fifth, sixth, seventh quarterback in last year's draft. Is he going to be a great quarterback? Is he going to be an NFL quarterback? And there's a big difference in that. If I'm taking you in the top three, I am projecting that you're going to be a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 2: Whoever takes cam Ward is thinking cam.
Speaker 1: Ward's going to be their quarterback for a long time, and rightfull Lisa or don't take him up top. But if the Giants and the Jets are talking about moving up, okay, you have to be a franchise quarterback. You have to do it in New York, so you add the degree of difficulty there. But I mean, he's grown up in the spotlight, so I don't think that bothers him. He's confident.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: Is he just a pocket quarterback? Is he a Dak Prescott kind of quarterback? Can he be Jalen Hurts? You know, once again, I'm not sure what the scouts I don't know who his comp is. That's why I'd be curious, Paul, if you can see. I don't know if any of the scouts, any of these draft guys have a comp for Shdor Sanders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Seton, Yeah, man, I think it's kind of obvious, but the children of former professionals have a massive advantage. Massive so I think they've been getting that sort of benefit of the doubt that we're talking about since the day that they were born. I would imagine it has the same impact in the draft too.
Speaker 2: Who are you seeing, PAULI.
Speaker 4: I don't have a player comp yet on him. I got some analysis.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Okay, it was just like I'm watching basketball the other day. I think Edgerrin James's son plays for Cincinnati. Does that sound right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I gotta think so. I'm just going dang all right, Edgrin James's son. Of course, he's playing basketball for the University of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, Okay, here's a player comp of a player who was drafted about twelve years ago, still in the league.
Speaker 2: Andy Dalton Gino Smith.
Speaker 4: Is one of the player comps on Shador Sanders.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Not a runner past, drop back passer, first style wise, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep waiting for Shudor to just like break off and run for thirty yards, but I never you know, he stayed in the pocket and man did he take hits. He had to. That offensive line was not good. Peter Schrager, NFL Network analyst. He'll join us. He's been at the combine all week. Sean McVay a little bit later on as well, our one on this Monday. In the books, two more to go.