Speaker 1: Today we have two times Super Bowl champ Lashawan, Shady McCoy. We're talking the twenty seventeen Snowbird time game.
Speaker 2: Probably get a tackle McCoy into the The cool thing about the snow What people don't understand is that when I get tackled, it's like fall on.
Speaker 1: Pillows and they can't get attraction. But I can sign me up. So are you the greatest snow running back of all time? I don't know. I'm saying yes. You'll see it on loss. We're gonna see a lot of insane takes. You always get your popcorn ready when Shady is here.
Speaker 2: And everybody's so sensitive listen on TV. In the locker room, I'm the same way.
Speaker 1: I just speak the truth.
Speaker 2: I used to believe that your coach, Bill Belichip was one of the greatest coach of all time, right, I used to, But now I updated my information and that is super false. You go from the top of the division, top of the DC East Birds twenty years now you at the bottom.
Speaker 1: We and Brentwood. We are in Brentwood. Oh they got a prison? Can we gonna see his house? Games with Names is a production of iHeart Radio. Welcome to games with names presented by wind Bet and on today's episode, we're talking the twenty seventeen snover Time game with Shady Lashawn McCoy.
Speaker 3: Is it Is it a stone Cold Steve Austin type thing, Like, have you said Steve stone Cold Austin? That just doesn't work, Shady. It's almost like you just replaced. You never hear Lashawn and Shady in the same place.
Speaker 1: All I just think of as Shade Shady. Honestly, I got screwed up when I saw Lashawan. I knew that was his name, but everyone knows him as Shady.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. It's like a Batman Bruce Wayne thing. You're never gonna see them in the.
Speaker 1: Same You're never gonna see, but you know what we're gonna see. We're gonna see a lot of insane tape. Oh my gosh, topics, snow game, Belichick versus read talk, Hall of Fame, talk a lot more. This guy had. I mean, you're always you always get your popcorn ready when Shady is here. Oh big time.
Speaker 3: I mean we were holding our own too. It turned into a little debate, but good news, we're mastered today.
Speaker 2: He just he just wants to debate. I was, I was, I was conflicted.
Speaker 3: But then at the end of the day, we're gonna win every time. Rings, Baby kiss the Rings and Belli and Bill we trust clock management.
Speaker 1: Well just Bill, two great coaches, you know, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: And then we're gonna wrap up the episode we opened up. The DMS. Fans are sending us recommendations of games they want us to do. Guess they want us to have on. We'll come through a couple of them and see what we think.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Hell Yeah.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is brought to you by win bet. When bet brings the excitement of win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor to your phone. Join win bet today and bet with the official online gaming product from Wind Resorts. Make sure to check out Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, x Snapchat and TikTok Twitter or x at Games with Names.
Speaker 2: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: Comment on a game that you want us to do and remember, rate and review. Yeah. December tenth, seventeen, New Era Field Orchard Park, New York.
Speaker 2: As sixteen inches of lake effect snow falls from the Heavens.
Speaker 1: Lashawn McCoy in the all reds streaks for the end zone. This is the snow Over Time. Welcome to Games with Names presented by when Bet. Today we have Lashawn Shady McCoy in studio, two time Super Bowl champ, two different teams, six time Pro bowler, the King of the twenty ten's current host to speak on FS one, and new teammate of mine. First time I'll get to enjoy and experience the real Shady McCoy and future Hall of Famer. Yeah. Yeah, you see the backs of the Hall of Fame. You see the mother dude. Hey, you know, we just had to get it right. We had to get it right. Guys there with two left feet in the Hall of Fame. Who is the guy with two left feet?
Speaker 2: And the couple of them, give me some names, numbers, A couple of them that has been with a home much of great players on the team, Like, it's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of them.
Speaker 2: Got I'm listen to your home. I'm listening to Shady. The thing is that you can't just go that's a I just text my boy. I'm like, yo, I got my boy, I got Shady coming on. He's like, YO, you gotta ask him, you know, is he ever gonna take accountability for these outlandish takes that he has sometimes this and this is let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's let's see. The thing is is that people are so used to just.
Speaker 2: The normal, right, the saying thing outside the normals like, oh, he's he's tripping, he's crazy. But when you break it down, I mean everything I say is factual, you know. Now that's all opinions, right, But it's just no filter, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: I just there's always that guy in the locker room that just says it how it is, even if there's feelings involved, He's still gonna say it because that's there's that's just there's you're that you're that guy. Now.
Speaker 2: Now, we both play with Tom and I love I played with him this a year. I love Tom right, and you play with longer, so obviously the love is probably different. But Gronk I know Grounk very well from just like Pro Bowl and like little commercials you do together, and he just got cool. And then my agent was his agent, Drosehouse, so we were tighter than Tom. But they can tell you how I am listen on TV in the locker room. I'm the same way the way I am in when I walked down to Now. That's one thing that I'm always going to be one hunting and authentic. That's the problem nowadays everybody's so sensitive.
Speaker 1: If you say this guy can't play, it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: If you say this dude, is is this and that, it's like it's an issue.
Speaker 1: I just speak the truth at the moment. All the time things change, Like you could say something right and then something else. Can I understand?
Speaker 2: I respect that, Like like for example, like you know, a while ago, I used to believe that you know, your coach Bill Belichick was one of the greatest coach of all time, right he used to, but now today I updated my information, and that is super false.
Speaker 1: Super let's hear it.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy they used to wear them big boots at quarterback Brady.
Speaker 1: Once he left, we've seen.
Speaker 2: The real Belichick. We've seen the same Belichick before he got to the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Which one is that you know that the one of the Browns where he take the Browns to the playoffs and they were they were about to go to the playoffs. They were a sexy team to do the AFC Championship. But then in the middle of the night they announced that they're taking the team to Baltimore and they show up to work. Fans are throwing things, there's riots in the streets. The Cleveland people were pissed. Distraction.
Speaker 2: Then they suck off that year. But like, all right, I get it. He had five years there or four? I think five?
Speaker 1: Jackie? What we got? By the way, this Jackie he's in.
Speaker 3: Here something like that guy with Google. I'm a guy with Google.
Speaker 1: Four or five years he's been with the Browns. I can't remember one.
Speaker 2: But guess what, he only had one winning season, this one. There's one of them, the Browns.
Speaker 1: When's the last time? I don't care what Belichick it's, I mean, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: And then the Bets that of them all is that without Tom Brady as his quarterback?
Speaker 1: Do you know you know what he is? Do you know what he's like? Five hundred? He's barely touching five hundred.
Speaker 2: And you watch them boys, You watch them boys now right, they don't want nothing like they used to. Look back in the day when I was with the Bills, they cut this dude named Jamie Collins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in there like they cut him. Most athletic guy, he's their best player on defense.
Speaker 2: We used to watch him. I'll play for the Bills. We played twice a year. We used to watch him on tape. He could covery kasaka, he played the run. He was the best player. High Tier was good. But I thought Jamie Collins was better. Well, I mean in office thought he was better. How you cut a guy like that, because you know, you at twelve nowadays, you know what they doing. They paying everybody to come there. We will pay all this extra money to come over here.
Speaker 1: Think about it though, Yeah, I mean, you gotta fight the quarterback's Mack the guy yet I mean, Rowan built overnight shady like you gotta think about it. A twenty year dynasty, a twenty year dynasty, year twenty years, right, and Tom is like a lot to do, you know what I mean. But okay, but once once that crumbles because of the salary cap, then you get into all these crazy things and you got to go and try to find Like, it's tough to like when you're Rome and the shit crashes, it's hard to come back to become Rome again right away. And by the way, when you're evaluating at least when I evaluate. It's like I remember talking with owners and they were telling they're like, yeah, we don't evaluate every year of our organization. We do it in ten year increments, which we don't have any patience for anyone or any that nowadays. And I understand, and right now it's not looking good. It's not looking good for Bill. But I'm just saying as a guy in the end that was there. Motherfucker laid out a template and it was based off of his best players having to make that template go. And he just so happened to have the best football. Yes, but that template a lot of those characteristics that Tom had when he went to Tampa. I mean, it was probably because he was around that template.
Speaker 2: Put my thing is, so, when if all that's true, you go from the top of the division, top of the d C East for twenty years, now you're at the bottom.
Speaker 1: And my question to you is at the bottom right now? Maybe where they are? Were they bottom last year? They finished fourth? Last year. I can't make this up.
Speaker 2: They made the playoffs year the year with the rookie I got small bout thirty. But look, this is the thing though, this is the issue though, So that's that's that's that's true.
Speaker 1: So you go from the top to the bottom. Cool, it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens when I look at other great coaches like Andy Reives, like Sean Payton's all these other coaches right now, no bel Chick's career, his resume is better, right Andy Reid. No matter who the quarterback is, no matter who whatever's playing around, they're not gonna be terrible. Right, think about this.
Speaker 1: It was like an he's an offensive guy. That's that's his thing. I don't know who.
Speaker 2: I don't know about offense. I'm saying as a team, as a team, wherever.
Speaker 1: He goes, they're not going to He drafted Alex Smith, No, he got he. He got him from San Francisco after he had that little thunder in there. And then Kaepernick and they trade.
Speaker 2: Cap, Yeah, they trade him because it was like, Okay, they said he was a bus he's on.
Speaker 1: A bus route. Oh, but then he then he picked it up those last two years with her ball, I don't know if you want to call it that. And then he got hurt. Yeah. Great. They one of the best defenses of all time. They still do. But and they ran the ball crazy.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he comes from the Niners to the Chiefs and instantly become like a Pro Bowl player.
Speaker 1: They win in in playoffs.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid goes to the Chiefs. They're terrible, they were winning. They get there with any read, they start winning. The Eagles they were trash. Right he gets there, they start winning. So my point to you is, Okay.
Speaker 1: Belichick's been in the same division for twenty five years, so the whole division is designed to try to beat him. No, no more, not anymore. But that's what it happens. People can't wait to play the Patriots now. So I don't want make this about I don't think that. I don't think. I don't think the quarterbacks too. I mean, I don't know if that means. I don't know. I just know this. They don't look disciplined.
Speaker 2: They don't look they don't they don't play smart football they used to play. I don't see the development in the players. I'm being now, I'm being serious. Before I was like, damn, he got better. That guy got better.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 2: They look disciplined. We always just say this. Playing the Patriots, they won't beat themselves. Now when I watch them.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't argue that. You can't I can't argue that right now, come on with the fundamentals. But he's still a great coach.
Speaker 2: I think he I think he's a really good coach. I do did you ask? Did you ever ask Tom? I won't even Tom, I won't even put this, you know, on air. But but Tom's you know, he's smart, hang on to go back forth with me. He do stuff like this.
Speaker 1: He might smile.
Speaker 2: One time I did it, I take on on ballot check and he's seen it and he d m'd me laughing. Now he didn't get into it because you know, Tom is like but he laughed like he knew, he know what, he know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But Shady, what do you say when people bring up the ring disparity? Eight rings to three rings? Belichick? To read.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady?
Speaker 3: What about Mahomes?
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you a question though. All right, you know Mahomes are even starting for about five years, right right? You know that that's like what Tom was doing.
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, Patrick Mahomes has been to five FC Championship games in a row.
Speaker 1: He's been to three Super Bowls, two winners.
Speaker 2: What you tell me you could have like that no Matta injury, had Tom Brady, you know you know what that would look like. See, God knows what he's doing God, and he wanted he didn't want to give him that.
Speaker 1: All that power. Boy, we even read fifteen championships. Come on with you know what I'm saying? What we talk about here? What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Then when he got there, he had all them freaking Hall of Fame defensive players. He's such a great defensive coach. I'm thinking, like, is he boy? Because he had LT that was hard to coach. Hey, man, put your mouth.
Speaker 1: He's in. He's your first guy to ever make nickel for the San Francisco forty nine ers. That Indy Ree was on that staff. So they tell you that. Okay, look he's in first. Literally he was the first guy to pull a line back ground. Then we go to.
Speaker 2: So Lt, then he then he goes to the Patriots. Right, yeah, we're gonna skip over that Brown segment because that was.
Speaker 1: Real bad football. They were good. They were good, good one year competitive.
Speaker 2: Then we go to the Patriots. They had all these Hall of Fame defensive players something like him. My first year was oh nine, I remember playing dude named Richard Seahorn. He played for the Raiders. Raiders and they was like, man, he's really good. We should see when he was younger. I'm not younger.
Speaker 1: He was a beast man watch him as a young dude. Didn't need him cornerback then, had he drafted him good.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is when you talk about how great of a coach he is and then they go to the defense. Now he is crafty with the way he schemes. I'll give him that. I Givehi credit because I played against him. But you can't get credit for all them great defensive players like Bro at one time you went in do you want.
Speaker 1: Na Hall of Famous on on air?
Speaker 2: It's a lot of them Bro, A lot of them at one point at one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was a huge part of getting him there.
Speaker 2: He was so their defense is so good that saying was one of the best defensive players I've seen, especially as a corner.
Speaker 1: You weren't even starting at the time. They're like, they're like law and uh and I forget his name. Anyway, that team was loaded.
Speaker 2: They were then God has given him time, Like come on, man, I hate to do it to your God you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You can't say it. I can say, you can't say it. But the thing is, every great coach has a quarterback linked to them. Andy Reid ain't linked to anything he's done before this Kansas City team. I can't say that. Yeah, you can one of the most offensive lines in football. Yeah, but he never won super Bowls. Like we keep on, it's hard to do that. It's very hard to do.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have Tom Brady anything, if you don't win that many that quick, probably not give him a guy like Mahmes.
Speaker 1: You see how that ship going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a generational talent, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: So that's the common factor. You gotta have a generational talent. I mean, and he's done it.
Speaker 1: There's many ways over the man the wall. You can go around it, you can go under it, you can go over it.
Speaker 2: If any if any had the Patriots, they will win games. They won't be they won't be like the bombs of the division.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't have the defense. Though our team played like complimentary football. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is if Andy Reid right today right, if Tom left, I'm going to I'm going to tample cool.
Speaker 1: And they brought any reading there right where to the Patriots? They will be winning games.
Speaker 2: The quarterback that he plays around with, he starts in one game and don't all that kids shop he does, and he would make Mac Jones, he would make He would make Mac Jones a better player than he is today. You would see development was telling truth. I mean I had that's a good take.
Speaker 1: He's always always done it though he's and he's always done that better and better and better and better. So did he draft don drafted him? How about this? Peterson was the quarterback first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, And any drafts very well have two seconds drafted me. That drafted myself, DeShawn Jackson, Travis Kelce, Jason Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, Jason Tyreek Hill, Jeremy Macklin.
Speaker 1: I could do this forever. He drafts good offensive guys. It's the same way Bill goes on defense.
Speaker 2: I mean, after after that Hall of Fame group, I mean we didn't see the more of that since, right, I mean there were some good defenses we played on.
Speaker 1: We never feared that the Patriots defense. Which one? Which team? Any?
Speaker 2: I mean I got there and what fifteen. How many times you beat us when you're in Buffalo, Never beat you, guys. Right of the defense, because it's a great defense. Because this big dude with these big boots at the quarterback. Yeah, let's go, guys, Go babe, Let's go babe.
Speaker 1: Because of him gets higher and higher, the more fiery. Yep, oh yo. I got some tom stories though, well a little save it. That was just us shooting the ship. We got to messing around. Let's get to it, let's get into it. Come on, Bill, let's tell us why you picked the game? The snow overtime game Colts versus Bill's Week fourteen, twenty seventeen. Why did I pick it? Yeah? Why'd you pick this one? I didn't pick it? Who picked it? I was?
Speaker 3: I thought Shady picked it.
Speaker 2: I didn't pick it. I mean I had a good game here, but I didn't pick it.
Speaker 1: Who We got it from your people that you want to do this game.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of good I mean, this is a good game. We got a lot of good games. I had a lot of good games. Chris, we can pick this one. We go to whatever you want to do. You were great in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is we do a snow game. It's another one. It's another snow game I had.
Speaker 2: The other one had twenty yards, but this one had like one what you had to walk off tomoral quick. You said this before, and I should play, I said, brest Bran, he's lying.
Speaker 1: He I don't remember. He ain't playing no defense. And you know what. They looked it up and I said, oh, Ship, that's damn. I didn't know that. He jumped right over me. Yeah, looking at the sneak.
Speaker 2: But I gotta give you some flowers though, too, though, because I remember watching you play. You always play with like a lot of heart, tough, like who the little white dude over there? You gonna you making dudes miss? You catch the ball and you fight after the catch. You know that's something you only see a lot, you know. Dudes they hit the hit the deck when they yeah, wore my body out and you block block, got it on it, got it. When Wis didn't block for me, I would do stuff like this. I would run hardert ship into their back right, so I would have I had a lot of fast, got like Shawn Jackson backling, so they got smart.
Speaker 1: What they would do is that they're always blocking. They run the ground. They running a round. That's cool. Got expand though, that's but they got that type of speed. They got they they you know you're backing off a little bit. Yeah, I'll run that. I will put my whole in the back boom. You gotta block, e god of block. Well, we don't know why you picked this game, but you have plenty of games, right I do. I have a lot of a lot of them, Yeah, a lot of good ones. Yeah. I like that. It's just set up like this is perfect.
Speaker 2: Facts like this whole John the transition from the Fox Sports Like, I like all this, You like that, this is this is how this is like a New England Rand podcast, very detailed, detail oriented, fundamentally sound like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, just Jack, That's what they say.
Speaker 3: Sloppiness is a disease.
Speaker 1: Sloppiness is a disease. It was you can't win until you keep from losing. We gotta we gotta preach those old things that I heard in New England to New England right now.
Speaker 2: My first year playing with a dude name of Patrick Chunk. Yeah, we're the same dragon class, but I didn't know him, you know, But when he came to Philadelphia from Patriots. I don't know what is about Patriots players that maybe it might be jealousy that you know players. I guess them only care from that much.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, guys don't. So we came to the cool dude.
Speaker 2: When I got to know him, and I remember saying, uh, yeah, this ain't all that Patriots scheme. This ain't gonna work here. You gotta tackle me. You don't talking trash to him like because I didn't respect his game, and he was the first dude I said, Okay, he can play. He's not the Patriots scheme. He actually is a good player, and we became cool after that.
Speaker 1: I beat him a lot, but he would get me sometimes. Chun Chum was good though we were drafting the same year. I'm two thousand and eight as well. Oh I don't know. Me and Chung we would fight every day in practice, like our first three years, every fucking day just because I had to come in and get the forest of safety. He'd be that guy, and there's like no brother in law in that practice like you. Sometimes you certain guys Chung where he would go hard, I'd go harder because Chung's feisty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he got he got little dog, he's got some he's got some dude's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you the same way. Yeah, there's a lot of those guys that over there. How's the transition been going to TV? Fox? Because you're getting some play now full time on Speak. It used to just come in and they just said, hey, you know, want you minees was all.
Speaker 2: I won't say difficult, but it was different because like, I didn't go to a lot of different like boot camps and stuff like that, and I would do like media and stuff like that just as a player. And once I got done, I enjoyed a couple of months of just living like.
Speaker 1: I small things. I take your kids to school.
Speaker 2: I never can do that, and I was like, damn, I like this and traveling and stuff like that. But then I got bored, right, I said, let me get into this whole TV thing. And I went in there and my people reached to, you know, different networks, and I felt more comfortable with Fox because you'd be more free.
Speaker 1: And I loved it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's helped me out with staying relevant in the football world, but also just I think a standpoint of like missing a game but being close enough where I'm not actually playing and getting hit.
Speaker 1: It's the best. It's because like we all need a foot fix if you're a football player, like and then you know, there's like a couple different avenues you can go. You can go coaching. But like when you were when you were a player and you were leaving work, which you were already putting in hell hours, your coaches families were in the fucking parking lot watching and saying hi before they go back for another three hours at least, you know, coaches, they work, so like you gotta love I love football, but I did my time. You know I can't. That's that's too much time. This is the perfect amount of time where you get your football fix. You get a little locker room vibe with the people that you're casting with, yes, where you guys could talk war stories and ship Like when I did inside the NFL for two years, you know, I had Phil Simms, Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall. So you get to sit Mike Irvin, like you get to hear and like that's what you do in the locker room, bust each other's balls and talk shit. And then you get to have an actual life too with it, you know, So like that's the that's I think TV is awesome and you're keeps you in the game. Yeah, because now I'm watching more film with everyone. I used to just watch your opponent and just It's the hardest thing for me is knowing people's names. I just know people's numbers. You know, you study all right, he's quicker than fast. This that he's used off hand jam and you're just going numbers. Now you got to names. And that was one thing for me is that was.
Speaker 2: Tough because I've had some struggles with TV, like, for example, like now I'm getting better at it because I'm so raw and new at it. Where I called Dak Prescott ass, I'm lying, I say his ass ass, but in all reality, I should have said it different, like he's playing like ass because there's a lot of ass quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: He's not as ass. Yeah he ain't. Is he one ass?
Speaker 2: But I should have said more like he's playing like ass because I think he's an average average quarterback.
Speaker 1: Right, He's not.
Speaker 2: He's not He's not a Uh Jones or he's not a what's the guy from the Bears. He's not just that, you know what I mean, he's uh. I think he's like evers average.
Speaker 1: He's basically a cooler Kirk Cousins. I think they're the same person That's what I mean. But he's cooler, but his persona is cooler. I don't know about that. Kurt's got like nerd vibe and then like Dak's got brand, like you know something. He plays for the Cowboys. I don't know how much how cool he is, Like I don't. He don't come off as like cool, but he doesn't come off as a nerd.
Speaker 2: I don't think Kirk has come up as a nerd. He got the chains, only.
Speaker 1: Got the little thing. I don't. He comes on. He gives you nerd vibes. Okay, what else, that's how you see it. But anyway, all great quarterbacks have nerd in them. Though Tommy was not nerdy. Tom's got a little nerd in them. Bro do we Yeah he didn't. You didn't get to see real time. You guys ranted him. He ranted tom didn't open up a certain it's certain quarterbacks quarterbacks at gonna be cool overall anyway, Like Patrick Mahomes got a little nerd in him. He's like dorky nerds. Sometime I hung out with that kid before he was Patrick Mahomes his rookie year he got he just got a little nerd in him. I won't call him that, but I mean, I guess allolds are cool, but it's still nerds.
Speaker 2: All quarterbacks have like a a like not a not a cool thing. But it's like they're the quarterbacks, like you know what I mean, They're not gonna be super now. Vic was super cool.
Speaker 1: Vigga is cool, but like the Shyburns. I tell him that every time I see him. I said, Yo, dude, I used to go to my barber and I said, Yo, give me the Vic cybers a little bit of er and go down to here, bro Viggas.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lie when uh he came in Philadelphia my rookie year, me Deshaun and back when.
Speaker 1: We're all young and he was god and we was like, Yo, Michael Victor stopped in the building. Now we came through. Hold up, Mike, what's up? What's up? What's upro nice? Meet drowing me. I'm shady. Nice to me.
Speaker 2: He leaves like yo, my hand, like oh go my mom, like no vixer. So that was a crazy thing to be like that. He like the everybody's idol. It'd be games where like dudes are going back and forth and it' getting disrespect.
Speaker 1: Vic speak everybody chill out. So he was cool.
Speaker 2: But as far as quarterbacks, they all are just like okay with the whole coolness and all that.
Speaker 1: Vic's different status for when it comes to swag though, like okay, you can't put Vic in nerd category, you know, but a lot of quarterbacks Josh Allen, what you gonna say about him? He's got a little nerd, does he? No? No, nah, what you say about him? I said, you don't know the word that is not nerd. It's gonna be he got reckless in them. Yeah, there's a lot of that. It's it's, it's, it's it's it's so much over he's so reckless. I'm just saying it's over over, not over. But I'm saying, like we keep on saying that the same thing about Josh Allen each year. He's that tchallenge he's gonna make. I know, but when does it become a problem?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: He got he listened. I was I was on TV talking about this.
Speaker 2: They thought I was tripping. I said, if a guy like that Prescott throws, has the most picks last year and plays five less games.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody's alarmed, like, oh, what the heck is?
Speaker 2: Right, But when there's certain talented dudes, but they're ceiling is so high and their baggage, shit, they could be productive.
Speaker 1: Running the ball, throwing the ball, but they're gonna bring picks. You're gonna take that luggage just because he's so good and a dude like Brett Farr had a lot of that in it. Only one one, only one one. He been there twice. You know, hard is to win championships. See See that's the.
Speaker 2: Problem that Patriots people have. Y'all think everybodyless win championships every year. It don't happen like that. Brother, nerds are no nerves.
Speaker 1: They don't win like that. If you're an all time great at that position, you should have more. Like there's less than you think.
Speaker 3: Especially when he got Belichick.
Speaker 1: There's less than you think.
Speaker 2: Especially old How many of course you ges is run around is having all these championships? You think Peyton Man is a great quarterback right right too, he only has two. Drew Brees is one of the most accurate cours I've ever seen. He has one Aaron Rodgers is so great.
Speaker 1: Here's one. So when you look at these numbers, yeah, but they're lower on the totem pull of the greats. Who's at the top. What you play? He's the best player out of everybody. Tom Is you got Joe Montana at four? What he had? Four championship? Yeah? Who else? Come on, she's gonna get real hard.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it gets hard with the multiple but you have to like, I don't know, man like Seork Tradman has how many three?
Speaker 1: How good was he? It was? You know where we talking about, No, we're nerd. These guys were talking about. Do you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when I look at Josh if you went up with Josh Allen, when I saw I played with him as a rookie, he's he always had that ending.
Speaker 1: He gets real wild up, he gets I know, and that's something you think you could coach out of a guy.
Speaker 2: But we're here seven now. I don't think he'll talk. I don't think you'll never get rid of that. I think he gets maybe lose.
Speaker 1: Your games so shady and he hadn't won a super Bowl yet. He's got he's got a talented roster see that's the thing that I got very talented roster. People be talking like he's a loser. He's not. He's not a loser.
Speaker 2: So up so the same the same way he's been playing. He's played that same way for the last three four years.
Speaker 1: Right, I would say he's he's gotten a little worse ever since Stayball left. But day Ball a coach doesn't know that he's I mean, yeah, I know, but he's. But when you say he's, he's his production. Yes, he's been electric and he's No one's taking talent away from Josh Allen, but I'm saying I'm saying him at the quarterback position executing at a high level. And we can all talk about the regular season and stuff, but these things are happening in the most important games that he's playing, where he's turning the ball over in the red area's turn and.
Speaker 2: It's it's constantly happening. When is it like, all right, we gotta like, what what do you do with that?
Speaker 1: I hope you don't. I mean, what do you do with that? Which which you option?
Speaker 2: Especially with such a quarterback dense league, Right, so so there's an option that because that team's gonna blow up here soon put the option that I'm about to say that can't happen.
Speaker 1: It's just you get rid of me. No, You're not gonna get rid of me.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is maybe he can change turn it down a little bit. But that's what he is. And if you look at the numbers, right, the dude wins, bro he wins you. But I'm not saying but he wins in that fashion. He wins in that wold fashion. I'm gonna throw the ball crazy, I'm running about why I'm a fumble, but we're gonna win this game.
Speaker 1: The truth an Andy Reid Patrick Mahomes team don't make those mistakes in the playoffs. That's true. And we're not talking I'm not talking about Josh Allen as like a seven to eight quarterback. We're talking about him vying to be a number one quarterback in this league. And with those kind of things, that's that's where I'm putting him because of the talent he needs to be in that upper echelon and like those things. Thinks there's no other quarterback in the league like him.
Speaker 2: There isn't, Bro No, So it's like and it all got different superpowers and got a superpower.
Speaker 1: You know that he is the most all of them.
Speaker 2: So I heard from a player that played with him and the guy that has played with Daniel Jones, and he says Daniel Jones is way more accurate than them. And the thing is that, dude you're talking about you shouldn't even talk to him. No more about no sports. That should be a last conversation. Should you should go to something?
Speaker 1: So what you eat? Accuracy? Pure accuracy? Is playing right now? No? Or is he where's he living at? I don't know what I'm not throwing no, no, no. The next question have been dangn So what are you eating? Were eating tonight for for dinner? Do you where you want to? Like? After he said that issue, no more football conversation, ever, how's the kids? Like? You know what I'm saying? Like as nice car? You got bro like a subject? What was he talking about? Jones? Like that?
Speaker 2: Look like he Come on, man, I ain't about to dis dagl Jones because he did it. He did hisself enough. What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Next question? Name? So we got a segment where we go back in the time of where this game took place. This game took place December tenth, twenty seventeenth, and the number one movie was Coco. You ever seen that. I've never heard that movie. It's like it's a animation, right, it's what do the kids?
Speaker 2: Rocky, I gotta do this all day.
Speaker 1: He's kind of he easy, he's he's a lovey, lovey dovey. Yeah. Number one song rock Star by post Malone that went, I love that song, Featur post Malone. I remember when Molly ma mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was at his house and I met post Malone because before he was big and he was like, yo, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be a big ass star.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at him like you. He smell the cigarettes. He was braided then too right, braided. Yes, I said, well, good luck, and sure enough he's a big star. And happy for him.
Speaker 2: Man, there's always that cigarette had me trick for a second. What he's like, twenty some years old, a.
Speaker 1: Little cigarette, big star, man, I'm telling you, man, and man he did it happy. So you thought that because of the cigarette, like the way he smoked the cigarette, it was cool factor that maybe it could happen or.
Speaker 2: What was it was more like I never seen a twenty some year old kids smoking cigarettes. I never really you grew up in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: No smoked cigarettes out there.
Speaker 2: They smoke weed at twenty two years old. Twenty two Yeah, it ain't cigarettes is like an old people thing. It's probably a coastal thing. Like your grandma, Hey, go get me a lucy from the from the store.
Speaker 1: Okay, grandma, go get the cigarette. Yeah you got. We used to have to give him note, you know what I'm saying. But the kids like twenty twe twenty and they smokeing weed. Everyone. Now there is a vape. All these kids vape bro It's crazy. They evade the flavored tobacco.
Speaker 2: I know, but I guess the look of a cigarette like some old people thinking like and kind of cool.
Speaker 1: And he was he just right, he's my cigarettes. Nah. Oh he smoked like this though. That's really killed me, Like oh, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, like, oh, that was like this right then he turns around and dropped white irons. Old come on right like one.
Speaker 1: Of my favorite songs smoked cigarettes. You know that party. I went out to Amsterdam of Nice and he was performing there and we got linked up and we played beer bong before and after the show. For hours. He was this is cool, dude, cool, cool as hell cool the circuits for a loop. Yeah at twenty you know what I mean. So if you're smoking cigarettes and you're under the age of twenty two, shady things, this is like, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you right trip there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta go to Europe. All the kids down there are smoking. We need to get we need to just have you do PSAs for non smoking for anyone I'm under the age of twenty two, I'm not on it. I'm just I love that. That's good. We got children. You got a three year old, I got a six year old. I agree. I just do we need PSA? I figure shady. You know around this time, Virgil drops his Nike collabse the ten You remember, do you have any Virgils? I never really got into his. I don't really wear sneakers. I were like shoes. You know what I'm saying. Products. I don't really get crazy with like how much you know you're rich?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, just never even when I was a kid, Like, I mean, can we just we haven't even talked about the Oh no, that does it spin?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, the spinners that that was her time. I'm not a crazy jewelry I used to do, You're not a crazy jewelry guy. You have a big ass piece on it. And I watched that. It is literally we had to put that blind up there so the light wouldn't hit me in the eye off those diamonds.
Speaker 2: There was a certain time and I was like crazy with it. If I was to tell you some of the dumb stuff I used to purchase, I thought I was a rapper.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know. But anyway, what this crazy jewey on not no more's like this is likes. This is like you can't do it in l A either. You get ganged out here. I mean, I'm gonna do wherever I'm at in the city. I don't know your purse took. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's la is crazy like Philadelphia. It's different now though one's way way worse yees, but it's I've.
Speaker 1: Been seeing people like I watched those videos, like I seen dudes getting taken out of cars over on Beverly Hills, taking out the car. Yeah for a watch for those AP's or those That's why Richard Mills. Crazy question. What was life like for Lashawn McCoy in twenty seventeen? So how many years in are you right now? You're probably what five? Six? Yeah, so I'm thinking you're bretted, Yeah, bredded, You're bretted. This was in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: So I had a I had a big deal in Philly, and then when I got traded in fifteen, they gave me a new deal. I remember, you got trade yourself pissed. I would like to feel like this guy is gonna be a problem in our division.
Speaker 1: And then uh so something was nice. Man. This year Pro Bowl year like six and Russian I think fifth and Rusling. That a good year.
Speaker 2: We didn't win, went to the playoffs this year, though, you know, Buffalo was that was a that was tough, that transition from going to philid up at the Buffalo, you know, because because like my home, my house where.
Speaker 1: I grew up at, it's an hour away from the stadium.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, So getting traded, I was like it was just I was the best, second best friend the team at the time behind Jason Peters. Oh, he's the best part to play with not being a quarterback. Yeah, and I played with some dudes Jason. Jason was like different anyway. And then going there, I was just like, damn, I just didn't feel comfortable. Small things you don't even think of, like have a bad game, I'm going home, not to my house where I live at, but to my my house where my parents live at our away.
Speaker 1: Small things like that, and all my family was there and everything. And then go on the Buffalo. It's not a big city. You know, it's cold, there's nothing really there for easy. It's cold, but I got to love it. It's a great city though. Good people that live.
Speaker 2: There, have some good coaches, got great fans, great fans. Those fans are nuts.
Speaker 1: And I was sitting like like on our way in and out, I was it was like it was like a thing you got ready for. When you see all the fucking crazy ship people jumping bro.
Speaker 2: Stuff, people think real quick they think it's a game. I'm saying, yo, that stuff they do on TV, all that they doing for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our first we had our first Thursday night game in Buffalo. They didn't haveing it for so long. Right, it was Thursday, the game Monday, there were r vs parked out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, the game ain't for three more days. They go crazy crazy. Yeah, so that's there's like a camping area it is. Yes, it's weird. Yeah, and I love Buffalo. What happened in sports NFL MVP Tom Brady we both played for. I got a question who's better?
Speaker 2: Tom or hold On? Don't know more questions about that. Tom is the best player to ever touch football. So you know, until Mahomes goes out there and the homes as bad as he is. My homes is my first practice with him. Andy Reed is tight. My first practice. I get there and he faced the ball the year this is twenty twenty no no, no, no, twenty nineteen, takes the ball face to me.
Speaker 1: I run outside and.
Speaker 2: He's I'm thinking he's gonna throw he looks, he looks me off right. I'm like the third option, you know, the look the check down. He's looking like he's about to throw the.
Speaker 1: Ball to like an over route. Makes sense. He whips that shit to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've never seen a quarterback throw a bullet. No, look, that was the first time ever seen it. And Andy Reed smiled at me like, you know, I'm a gang Like this dude is really that good, bro. And he was so good that he taught me that the stuff he was doing he only started for because he sat the bench the first year.
Speaker 1: People don't know that. The next year he came out. He went crazy. But he was so good. He wasn't even like he needed more development.
Speaker 2: So like small things dropping back in the pocket, the pressure comes, I'm gonna step up, liver the ball.
Speaker 1: He didn't do that. He would wait, he would he would run around all that crazy shit because he still was learning. He'll still do from saying.
Speaker 2: Yo, in three four, five years, this league is gonna be scary because this dude is gonna get better.
Speaker 1: And it's better. He's already he's alread up. Heiod is good. He gets better, it's gonna be scary. It already is, it already is. And he throws a football like a bit like baseball. Everything like a baseball. His pops, his pops is funny too. I spoke that barrow. You didn't see that? Oh you didn't see that the vid? Yeah? Yeah, after was it after the super Bowl? Damn arrow head, God, damn barrel head. I'm smoking that barrel. I love that. He seems like a character. Yeah, the ice cool, he seems cool. Eagles one Mayweather McGregor fight. That was Did you watch that? We in Brentwood? But oh, j God, in prison? We are? Can we go see his house? We can't after if you want, it's.
Speaker 2: The juice real quick. I don't condone none of that craziness. But the juice was loose when he got out of jail. Oh, he's definitely loose out of jail.
Speaker 1: Though. My number was the first jersey he wore. Can I brag about that? Or no? I mean, it is the juice? Jack? Can he brag about that?
Speaker 3: I mean, how many people can say that?
Speaker 1: Is? You?
Speaker 3: Guys ever meet?
Speaker 1: We talked on We talked. I think we did talk before. I mean, oh, I don't really get talked too much.
Speaker 2: He can't, you know what I mean. I don't know I pissed him off. I might not even, but I just want I was. I'm a fan of his football stuff.
Speaker 1: The glove don't fit.
Speaker 2: You must have quit for they said recipes Johnny Cochran, Dude, he's safe up there.
Speaker 1: That was insane, that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Did you want watch the documentary? Yeah, there's like I've watched them all. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was. It was the ninety four or something. Did he do it? Definitely did it? Didn't he? And my dog? I mean it? This is crazy, right, let's say it's so ship Yeah yeah. So what we're doing in social man social media in two thousand and seventeen, well we got jack Man.
Speaker 3: We were a couple of weeks before this game. They announced we had the color rush going for for the Bills, that all reds.
Speaker 1: Those we're kind of fire.
Speaker 3: And then uh afterwards, of course, to help the Bills get in the playoffs, Andy Dalton beat the Ravens, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: He did ra Yop Yop and his They saw some on his money. What's it called like the gofund me?
Speaker 3: That's right, but it raised like tons of money.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert. I thought she was about to put up there about the the Avengers. Oh, we did justlide slide, and we knew about that. You told everyone I followed you. I never watched the movie because you gave me the spot. Knew what happened.
Speaker 2: You gotta blame my eleven year old son, because you know, first of all, I want to pole out to the people out there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I take full accountability for that. I should have known better.
Speaker 2: But the thing is as accountable as a as an all pro running back. I never just I wasn't big on watching green monsters fight each other, but when I was a kid, I did. I loved the Heart when I was a kid. Woll Ring Spider Man when I was a child.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: But as a daughter, I'm not watching that, but my son does. And we have this thing where I treat like an adult. Right, We have interviews, So I'm always like, you need to communicate better, you know what I mean? So why do you have bed there in school? And I need him sit there and tell me why. So we start doing that and it became an interview process. And from so I have a bad game and my son will be like, well, Dad, well what happened you with the ball?
Speaker 1: Like right? So we go to movies to do the same thing. The thing is the movie was so such a big movie.
Speaker 2: So when when Iron Man dude died, it was like an interview, like who man, how you feel about himdying? And and that's how it happened, That's how the truth. And then I tweeted about it. You know, so, but you don't want to hear that. You don't care about that you ruined. A lot of those people are probably really mad about that.
Speaker 1: People get mad about I've been in the grocery store.
Speaker 2: I see an old, old lady or old man, and I'm thinking about talking about fantasy because you know, from there's never been running back to have better numbers than fantasy from twenty ten, from a one decade.
Speaker 1: That's truth all decade tear. Yeah, right, So I'm thinking, oh, oh, show you on my fantasy man. Oh, it cuts me. You you spoiled in games. I'm like, oh, she's pussed man, I'm sorry. Can I Can I pay for your groceries? You know what I mean? You pay for a grocery Yeah, I mean, come on, I respect my elders. He was cussing me out? Was it he or she? She? And hey they both did it before kids.
Speaker 2: All type of kids parents. I'm thinking when Simon udograss, they want to cuts me out of the Avengers. So that was and I lost a lot of Alexis deal. See this is hitting me deep. Now he lost money, but residuals by Alexis Deal that they took from me because I spoiled.
Speaker 1: The end games. I'm thinking, like, damn Lexis. People they y'all care about this big franchise it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know's that's a big At the internet, you had all the rocks if I did this for her and it took it back and then I don't know until next time.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is brought to you by win Bet. Win Bet brings the excitement of the win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor to your phone. Join win Bet today and bet with the official online gaming product from Wind Resorts. Whenever I'm back home in Boston, you'll catch me at the Encore sports book or on my win bed app. Can we set the stage for what these teams the Indianapolis Colts this two battle, I.
Speaker 3: Mean awful, awful year for the Colts four and twelve years about right? That sounds about we? I mean, LeJean, if you didn't know on this podcest we hate the Colts.
Speaker 1: On this podcast, we just had grond Con and he did not like the Colts. You don't. I wonder why you like your guys? Was like in competition or something of them.
Speaker 3: They're there because.
Speaker 1: They're the ones that did the Flake Gates stuff. Oh but well you guys do cheat. No, we don't jest, I got a story. What's your story? One time we're practicing for the playoffs? What team?
Speaker 2: One year we're in Tampa with a quarterback that you are familiar with, and we're practicing in uh.
Speaker 1: In times that hold up, we gotta stop. We can't. We can't do these plays right now.
Speaker 2: They're like, well, why not Look at all these windows out here, like these windows are people probably? We think like no, Like, man, no, they not listen. I'm telling y'all, people can be in these windows watching the practice. We can't do no more.
Speaker 1: So what we do.
Speaker 2: We had to take the practice in the in the indoor. So when when we're all hanging out like the Office of Players, some of the coaches we laughed at, were like, yo, there maybe some truth to that Patriot stuff, because out of everybody, it's freaking fifty three players and all the other coaches. Now one person anything about practicing outside of the playoffs. But one man, you let me know what you think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he knows that people may be out there doing that.
Speaker 2: You never know, you fellow, check and listen. But I will say this, it's growing up in the hood. If you're not cheating, you ain't trying, so I respect it. What do you there's no cheating?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, back to the coach, back to back to the coach. Baby. This was the last year. Well, I'm sorry, last thing after that day.
Speaker 2: We've never had a practice outside of of the because it's so the outside practice field.
Speaker 1: It's like it was that a hotel or something. We never did it ever again. Let you know that Tommy said weed not going out there because anybody can watch. That just tells me that people that were in charge didn't have the right mindset and cheat. Man, Come on, now, come on, get out of here.
Speaker 3: This was the last year of Chuck Pegano and Indie. They got some notable names. This was Jacoby Brissett, Vinettieri, Darius Butler, t Y Hilton, Frank Gore, Frank.
Speaker 1: Gore beast notable names on the Indie only well he was a quarterback, starting quarterback for the game that we're about to dive into. I mean, okay, I.
Speaker 3: Guess Jacoby catching strays?
Speaker 1: No, Jacoby, who do we got out here? Let's should go to the bills. Let's go bill what we got bills? That's right? You see the boys, You see boys, you see he's right on top though. Number one, my boy, Tye ride you Gota Jones balling.
Speaker 2: You got Matt Milano. Matt Malana bought out yesterday. Mike Tobart was really good for the Panthers from Beast Peterman.
Speaker 1: He's from pit, your pit guy. Do you remember running back back in the day in Pennsylvania and Eugene Jarvis, Yes, that was my running back. He beat my ass one day in college like five foot six. He was truth though.
Speaker 3: He was the truth.
Speaker 2: We played him in So how about this that year you're talking about they won a championship.
Speaker 1: He played for Central Catholic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all boys school. Anyway, we were top tartor we were top you know what I mean. I was averaging like three hundred dards a game. We played them.
Speaker 1: They shut me down and he went crazy and they beat us. He was a little monster. He was all right, Jackie will go back. Sorry you said, Pitt. I forgot to get that in.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, you're all good. I was going down a little bit of Central Catholic rabbit hole over here. First year of Sean McDermott and as Leshawn alluded to earlier, this was the year that snapped the eighteen year playoff drought for.
Speaker 1: The eighteen year because we're tough this year they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, didn't like playing the Bills, all right, you didn't like the Bills really.
Speaker 1: Nah, I mean you guys are always tough to play. Yeah, but it was I mean, if we lost, it was something we did. Yeah, that's true. That is I can't lie. You're right, right, you're right. They were always competitive and then you know at the by the time I left, you could see him getting better and better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's different now. They can't wait to pay the Patriots. Now they can't wait like it was.
Speaker 1: You know, but it's kind of like this shady It's kind of like, you know, they're the big brothers in the division right now, right, big brothers. Yeah, they're like the big bro or like the little brother that gets his ass beat by the big bro all the time him now right, like kind of like that. But now like when we were the big brother we could go out and beat the ship of all the brothers, you know, Now we look at it at the Bills and we're like, man, our big brother just they can't he still can't beat up that one kid.
Speaker 2: I just I could never go against that because you guys were your big big brothers, like big big uncles.
Speaker 1: I can't you know, you're right. I just it don't matter. I don't even matter. I don't even get into it. You're right, he's a little instigator, I can tell right now. Talking about what else, Jack, how was McDermott as a coach?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: So I have a dermin in Philadelphia. He was the deepest coordinator. So you already know him. Good dude, good family, very smart, passionate. You know, everywhere he's been, he's been successful for a reason.
Speaker 1: Good coach. Can't say nothing bad about him? Yeah, what's he? What's he hurting over there? Right now? He's big on. He's big on, like fundamentally sound doing like because you can tell he must pull his hair out when he's bald. But like when josh A throws pick.
Speaker 2: He can't do anything about it this because like, you can't coach it, can't coach it because you talk about it, guys, they'll think about it. Yeah, and then it's see, I don't I mean some things. I feel like it's an attitude. So in a mindset where sometimes right, I didn't really fumble the ball. Really, that won't my thing, you know, But if I ever have a fumble, because I did, held the ball real, real loose, and it will be like it would be constant my head. So now when I'm playing and running, when I get close to some ship, I'm like boom.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that with Josh that I can't figure out is like from office of corninators deepesst coordinators to coaches.
Speaker 1: To players you were, you would go to what you know best when you're more comfortable with.
Speaker 2: So we can't really change as much if deeps coordinator when it's the game's real tight and you have you gotta have this play, gotta have to stop.
Speaker 1: He's gonna do what he's always done. Same was an offic coordinator.
Speaker 2: So my thing with Josh, I understand he plays reckless, but it gotta be a point where like, all right, I gotta be a little more cautious of.
Speaker 1: What I'm doing. I think he will. I mean someone's good that I don't think. I don't think he will.
Speaker 2: I just think he can do it a little bit right, almost change when you she's got to capture it in a bottle, man, fucking I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Just like lightning.
Speaker 2: Like even some of the plays like yo, why why are you throwing this ball? There?
Speaker 1: He throws into team meetings. There is like when we were playing him at the end where like you can tell they were they were tough. I remember like eight eighteen nineteen. It was hard to beat those dudes, but we always counted on he was one. He's gonna give us one or two. Just don't turn the ball over. You see what I'm saying. He's gonna give you five opportunities.
Speaker 2: I know, I know for really, and he's also gonna make these players that are gonna light you up. But there's gonna be that one, two, maybe three hours. It's like when he's like because even though when he threw the deep one the pick, he could get his ring that shit at the first dame why you?
Speaker 1: And then it's two deals on dig he's all mad and he's gotta he gotta show everyone why he's all Madden. There's a lot of losses. All right, let's do the game lead up with Jackie.
Speaker 3: Leading into this one, we already touched on the Colt's four game losing streak. They were in free fall, the Bills trying to end that playoff drought. Coming into this one with playoff hopes still alive.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Nathan Peterman got his first home start this week. This is a couple of weeks after the infamous five interception game. Do you remember that one, Shady? Remember that it was out here in l A.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, one, two, three, four? I mean and didn't hold up.
Speaker 2: Even before the game started, Tyrod Taylor was doing solid, right, I mean, his best receiver was Calvin Benjamin.
Speaker 1: He just came in. He ain't even yeah, he's like a cup of coffee. So he's like, you know what. He had a meeting with the captains. I'm a captain. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I was a captain and he's like, hey, we're thinking about starting Tyrod, or we're think about starting Nadan Peterman I said, oh cool, cool, al right. So after the met and he said, how do you feel about that? I said, coach, I don't love it. Tyrod, I ain't been playing that bad. And you know Nate, Nate has looking great on scout team. Now he was killing a scout team though, like Tom Brady, you know, can't get hit in practice. He's I said, so why you I say, yeah, we still are in it a little bit. Why do you want to start him? He said, well, my thing is if we start him now, right, he's playing against the Chargers and at the time they were sharing the stadium at.
Speaker 1: Like a little the small little stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, it won't be loud, right, you know, so that won't affect him, and we get him in the hospital environment.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: I said, that makes sense. I guess I get it, but I don't think it's right. And sure enough we got in that first game. He didn't take this time to throw them picks. He got that ship out the way early one pick, two pick, next drive, then the third job.
Speaker 1: I think I did my thing. I scored the fourth another pick. I'm said, all right, coach, what the what we trying to? What we doing? The end of score was fifty four to twenty four. Got our ass kicked, and then went back to Tyrod.
Speaker 2: Then then went back I think went back to Tyroda.
Speaker 1: I had to. That's that's a tough when you're when you're pulling quarterbacks in the middle of seasons. It's hard to pull a quarterback because what's the psych he's gonna go when you go back to him, and Tyrone wasn't bad player as well. I like Tyr. I always liked Tyrod. I love Tyron. I don't know, he always got a bad he always got a bad like, like, what's his name? Herbert became the guy after they punctured along Josh Allen here, like he's always been the guy before that. Good luck, Chuck, I find your quarterback. You might you just get Tyrod in there? What what's his name? Uh?
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones like why why why would I start him over a Tyrod?
Speaker 1: I'm just because he just paid him or something. Before that, Jones was like, he is so regular. Yeah, it's tough. I can't defend it. I don't want to defend it.
Speaker 3: But the elephant in the room leading up to this game the weather, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was ugly.
Speaker 3: It was snow. Team point seven inches of snow didn't stop the entire game. Nine inches during the game.
Speaker 1: Nine inches as buffet is crazy. I said, boys, let me get the rock. I got you. You said that pre game, Yeah, get the rock in front of the whole team, the pregame team.
Speaker 2: Where is that to the offense of boys, let me get the rock.
Speaker 1: It was a cool game. The cool thing about the snow.
Speaker 2: What people don't understand is that I love it so much because when I get tackled, it's like fall on pillows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big fat dudes hit me. It don't hurt. Think about that hurt and they can't get attraction. But I can sign me up. It's an advent.
Speaker 2: I always played well on the snow as well as a house to punt in Chicago in the snow. Did you did you play any like like college games and so, yeah, Northern Illinois.
Speaker 1: I went to schooling in Ohio, Kent State. Knew. I knew that because that's where dream was. But we didn't play, you know, usually got to play deep into the season to get the we were done.
Speaker 2: So you play quarterback too, right, Yeah, you can throw that thing kind of not really, So what top quarterback was? I was like a running quarter I mean I ran for like fifteen hundred yards at three for like nineteen hundred yards my senior year.
Speaker 1: I could run it. It was me and Eugene. It was me and Eugene did like we had a little read in there and then we had a little play actions spread. We had like a West Coast spread offense with Doug Martin who had Doug Marton. Yeah, he had uh Matt Ryan at BC, so we used to watch it like the years before. But yeah, I have to take off and run that. Let's know how smart it is. So you play quarterback?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah that I could have had more yards. They gave all these other guys my carries. Why do you want thirty two carries?
Speaker 1: Thirty two that's your career high. Yeah, but look you don't feel it though. You see what I'm saying. You don't hate me hard. Yeah. Yeah, it's like you're gonna slow because of the weather.
Speaker 2: It's like when you drive, you ain't gonna gonna slow, and then when you slam me, we're falling on some snow man, and you're sliding.
Speaker 1: The only thing about this game it was it was a lot colder than the game I had in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: So in between the TV timeouts or like, let's take it the first down, if I round the bounds, I'm taking the first playoff.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the heater to put my hands in there, and then second thing, I'm coming back. This game was cold as hell, and sometimes the snow it's not as cold, but this is like Buffalo is a whole different beast because like the snow. Usually it's probably like in the low thirties, high twenties, you get your cold games when it's fucking clear and there's you know what I mean, it's like freezing the hands. You gotta keep the hands and feet. That's everything else will be all right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hands, that catch you having the Super Bowl that was badass, Bro's that's that's concentration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just hoping. I ran a shitty route. We were tired. It was like our ninetieth play, and we play a lot of plays that game, and like I had a middle read and I knew Tom was gonna come to me because we were hitting it all week in practice, and that's usually it goes. You hit him practice and we gotta go to it. We gotta go to it. And I was routing. I was running it good on the route, but I was tired. I banana my route. And the worst thing you see in a split safety man middle read is a dB that turns his eye back to the ball. He usually gonna pick because that's a twenty two yard throw, you know what I mean, where they're gonna put it on a line when he tired, You're like, fuck, I'm sitting there. So I put the brake on and I dove in there just to try to knock it out. And one thing led to another, and I just that was my number one thing. Just found it. Don't let it get picked, you know, just do anything. And then it it came. I think it has to do with I did a lot of tennis ball drills so to have like read for my right green with my left and like you have to throw it over the shoulder, and I do it like every day, just the one with my eyes for practice, you know, or I wouldn't focus. I got really bad add so I always had to do things in order to keep me busy. So it'd always come up with these crazy drills before work. And I think probably had something to do with that, right, Like, you can't like, fucking it's great, you can't claim that catch. I didn't. I didn't watch the game until so I landed and it was the square half time? Was it twenty eight or twenty one three?
Speaker 2: Right, something like that, three and a half. And then I said, Yo, the Patriot's gonna come back when this game. I'm telling you, bro, I'm telling you, and that's.
Speaker 1: What y'all did.
Speaker 2: It was nuts because say I play all twice a year, so I know that ain't nothing. If y'all don't put them away, they gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not the coaching, you know, you know the number wasn't it, But a lot of things always you know, the defense always made a big play.
Speaker 1: You know that there was always something we always had like a crazy like special teams play that, Like there was always someone that made a play. Anyone who had to make a play made a play.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm like this because I played the Patriots so much. I remember me and Rex Ryan like if they don't have time, Brady not the same team. Like even on doing this, I never was like nervous to play off. There's some teams I never was nervous to play, but just like, oh we gotta play them this week. All right, let me let's get together. We're like the Patrick have two three good players on defense, right, Like like Jamie they had a fifty four.
Speaker 1: Tower was good, but you always had you had role guys like Nikovich that knew how to set like they did their job. They would set their edge and like you couldn't run. He did his job. You wouldn't past and then you have on He was just okay, we had fifty six sacks. He was okay, I ain't gonna act, you know, like on tape. We ain't trying to where's fifty at fifty? Right? Yeah, yeah, we're not worry about where where fifty's at.
Speaker 2: Certain players they had on their it was like they was okay, but but they they'd let you go up and down the field.
Speaker 1: With yards, but in the red zone they cracked down. That's one thing I will say then, but don't break who want them to throw an interception? Let them, let them beat themselves. But then tighten it up in the.
Speaker 2: Red because we get three points, y'all gonna get seven. That shit starts tiling up. Or you're gonna make a mistake. Yeah that's I mean, that's that's literally what was coached. Let them make a mistake. I just just play fundamental football.
Speaker 1: I guess. I mean we both see it different ways. Yeah, I think we see it the same. He's so Frank gorege legacy or longevity. What do we got here?
Speaker 3: This was a battle between I mean you could go battle between the backs because they were passing much in the snow. What was What was that like going up against Frank Gore?
Speaker 1: Did you had to like pre pregame do you you ever say like who's the other? And in back you're like, let me let me so Frank one of my best friends. I thought, Frank.
Speaker 2: Week, that's my guy. He kind of like helped me to be better professional. You know, I would be training and stuff like that. We've trained together in Miami and uh, he had a name, It's Frank Gore. By the way, we go back so far because in college, my brother played for the Niners and uh and Frank Gore's I think it was his agent.
Speaker 1: Or that's your brother. Who's your real name? Loron McCoy he played years ago, you know, players ago. I was a Niners fan. But he he ain't do nothing like that for you to know. You don't know.
Speaker 2: He played for Arizona the Niners in the Texans. But anyway, we went to Frank gors house and I was like, Dahul come out of college. He's like, yeah, man, get to get out of there, go to the NFL. That's how I met him. So fast forward we get to the league. He's trained in Miami. His agent Drogs House, my age Draws house. So we start training together and I was like, man, my feet were bearing his ship.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm still younger though, but he was helping me get better and better and better because I didn't really train super hard after I arrived.
Speaker 1: It's just easy, like I ain't let no weights.
Speaker 2: But I would be in Vegas partying and Frankibe training where you at, man, get your ass here.
Speaker 1: I'm think like, damn shout, I'm staying Vegas, go work out. And I would go work out because Frank would call me.
Speaker 2: He was older than me, and he kind of helped me to be a professional man, you know, And that's how we became real real friends. So so so I never really like now there's other backs that I go to defense a y'all listen, they need to shut him down.
Speaker 1: Oh he's put me on the spot. He did just say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, one time is DeMarco Murray and at the time, this is the year that he had a really good year. Now we wasn't close as far as bringing backs, but he's had a really good year. I was like, I finished third, I think he was first, And uh, I said, hey, man, I'm trying to get this title again, right, rushing title. Make sure him get on yards, this and that, y'all shut him down. I got some money for your boys, you know. And guess what happened. They ain't shut him down. They ain't shut shit it down.
Speaker 1: He got busy and they beat us. And the last one was Adrian Pearson. Just because the pregame speeches defense.
Speaker 2: See this is way different from that that Patriots. Right, I'm thinking about yards and you know what I mean? They thinking about wins.
Speaker 1: I never heard anything. Yo, I have time. I'll be checking my stats. Damn he got that many yards. Damn you know what I'm saying, Doing this passive passion to the defense. You y'are gonna play what like? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Adrian Pierce is another one, though, that's because he was so great.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite. He's one of my favorit running back violent. I think he's the best. I think he's the best back of all time. Bro what Barry Sayers is.
Speaker 2: But he's ap is the most complete like back's big, strong, can shakey when you pass you. He can't really catch or block, But all the other sudden that don't matter. The other stuff is back traditional just you know, God gifted.
Speaker 1: That's one. That's the only guy. I can say.
Speaker 2: Him and Barry they're probably better than me. All the mother dudes on how many yards they got, stats, they got, teams, they got Dan Dang. You know it's my opinion.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean, you've seen a lot of football and you've ran a lot of yards in football.
Speaker 2: Because I don't be on these great teams, like come on, bro, like Charle Davis. I think he was good, but he ain't. I mean, come on, Edgrian and James another one. They play on these great teams. If I told you to make a games, who's your favorite?
Speaker 1: You like them? How we played them? Line? Watch this, who's your favorite team? As a kid? Like you notice team?
Speaker 2: So if I say, yo, give me your all time Niners offense? Who Jo wont Hana is a quarterback? Jerry Jared and wide receivers. On the other side, you got Ricky Waters or you go with Frank gorson running.
Speaker 1: Back right, Brent Jones?
Speaker 2: It come on now, if I say, yo, give me, if I told you this, give me the all time Holt's offense. Who you're gonna say Edge James are running back?
Speaker 1: It's kind of like Pro Bowl voting.
Speaker 2: But hold, let's do it for a secondough, real quick, take some seconds. Edge James are running back.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone else you do. Peyton Manning at quarterback. Oh, you're talking about I thought you're going to here. Reggie Reggie Wae at wide receiver, Marverin Harrison, marn Harrison. You know I was his team, right, That's the team he played on every year. That's a team. And then soon you leave.
Speaker 2: So when you leave as an edging, the backup is the same ship you do. Who Joseph Hauld died from LSU? Do you get what I'm saying. I'm gonna help you out. My biggest years where I played the most football at was the Eagles. Since I've left, they finally had a one thousand yeard rusher with Mile Sanders.
Speaker 1: Last year they got rid of him. I said, we can't have this guy coming close to numbers.
Speaker 2: That's not he's been there for like four years. He's been for four years. He had one thousand yards.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: He's a good player, though. Thousand like non Ndred thousand, eleven hundred whatever, that's cool. The Bills, they still haven't had a thousand dard rusher. So my thing is, what is your real impact? If it's a good of a player, soon you leave the backup of the same thing. Na, how good are you really?
Speaker 1: Do you get what I'm saying? Yeah, but what if they let's go what you what if the teams because they had such a dominant back, they were like running the ball. They had such the offense was built around the running back. Good, great, right, great question, And then all of a sudden they could just couldn't win the super Bowl. They couldn't get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So they're like, fuck it, we're gonna We're getting rid of running back. We already had that insane running back.
Speaker 1: We want to we gotta we gotta evolve to what everyone else is that Maybe that someone can say that sort of coats So I told you that. I don't know if you heard me. They had Peyton Manning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when we go into the game, who who do you think we trying to stop? You think be about to pack the line of scrimmage up to stop Zwen James? Are we gonna stop paymin in that passing game?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Make him one dimensional? He stopped the run noways okay, all right, Well if you think that that's cool, I just you got it.
Speaker 2: Everything comes off the run game, whether you have one or not, I mean depends on I mean, I hear that. But then like there's some things that we throw the ball. We just we're throwing the ball. I personally haven't had a lot of open boxes running the ball.
Speaker 1: No you didn't. But what I'm saying is if I had a Pagan, I'm damn sure you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no one put No one put Eggar and James in all time. Great, he's Hall of Famer. You talk about Hall of Fame backs, right the difen you want it? This you asked for so were going to some of these these Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: Running James Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: He had a lot of yards though, didn't he He had a lot of carries too. See that's impressive though a lot of probably was healthy too. That's the thing about running backs. He had a lot of three hundred yards, three hundred carriers. I've only had one. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: A lot of guys get hurt, and we're seeing it right now. Guys came running the ball, like what's the number now, I don't know. They're saying every it's like three hundred and sixty snaps for running back. They're like, if they play that or they have those carries, they're like going to get hurt. That's what the analytics team is. Well, I don't know. So when you see a guy that can do it repetively, like that's why Frank Gore was crazy to me, Like that dude carried the ball so much. Longevity. Longevity is huge in running back.
Speaker 2: But there's nobody that blocks Burn and Frank Gore. There's nobody that plays in the between the tackles. Bro he got good eyes downhill and he's always leaning forward. I've never seen my better than him at that.
Speaker 1: Now can He makes the right read always, and he knows how to manipulate blocks the double teams because they always had the double teams with them big boys out, you know, and he and you'll see a lot of like really, like that's the difference between a pro back and a college back. College backs can get away with not making the right lead in the defense. Yeah, they can run through arm tackles and stuff. When you get to the league, it's like there's a track that you have to run because of how the blocking schemes are. And I didn't know that until I got to the NFL, because I was like, this guy's gonna be hellogad we gotto. And then you see that he makes the cut, you know, three three steps to too early, and the guy sheds off the block.
Speaker 2: And that's that's one of the young The hardest thing is damn patient, there's a whole minute, no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come off his heels. They always say, come off his ass. Pause. I always say, coach a pause, dude, I pause. A lot of the stuff coach be saying, coach saying, how how insane was it? That vinitary same vinitaria that won Super Bowls with the Patriots kicking and you know, snowstorms, they clear out the thing, they clear it out, They cleared out the pathway for him to kick. Make it. He made it to go. Remember it was nerved in remember Kobe he they had the two point conversion, but there was a pick play, which it was oh yeah, that's right, that's right, yeah yeah, And then they went back and it was like a forty three yard fucking extra point in a snow condition to go to overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point because he I mean I remember that. Yeah, and then he had a shot to win it and he and he missed it. He had the same kind of the hook that was like a boomerang that thing.
Speaker 1: He yeah, he won that good. So we weren't surprised about him, you know, not completing military Oh oh oh, yeah, he had a chance of winning too.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: He's a good backup quarterback. Let me think he's won games. Oh you played with him the Patriots too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like Jakoby, but he's a good backup quarterback and he's tough. I beat the Patriots one time. Tom won a quarterback. You know it was Jacoby were set talk to your boy. I remember that, but he was gone awful, but they whatever from I would never beat the Patriots.
Speaker 3: I think you got to. You got one in Kansas City, won in Buffalo Patriots.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about the h I was thinking about the suspension year twenty sixteen. Walk us through your game winning run. It's a play call. Yeah, I can't remember what was the gap scheme was the zone? It looked like it was a lot of down.
Speaker 2: I want to say a power because I think Richie Ower Cognito blocked Ritchie and Cognito.
Speaker 1: I love him. I love Richie. I used to train with him out here. This might be this double block web under center.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, look at Richie right there on the second levels.
Speaker 1: Trying to night good night.
Speaker 2: So hey, how about at the end of this I couldn't breathe. They everybody tapped me into the snow. I'm thinking, like, yo, bro, it's the snow down here, and it was it was high yeah to be there, but no, it's like under a dog pile.
Speaker 1: There's always one kid that is.
Speaker 2: Like bro, I was painting, like yo, yo, I can't breathe down here, like yo, claustrophobic, fat line and three and they're celebrated so they think everything's fun and I'm probably like two of weight.
Speaker 1: At the time. That's my favorite dog right now? Does he shed a lot or know?
Speaker 2: Zero really is an Australian labbordod though, that's oh wow, he doesn't shed at all.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Hello, Joe Dirt Mullet. So the aftermath of this game, after you're insane, walk off, you guys just straight mudding. That's mudd and football right there. And Jady has proven to be a mudd and running back because you have such I feel like it's because you have great balance, you keep your you don't ever get outside your base. You know a lot of that's that's what a lot of guy. That's how you get hurt. And that's be how you slip. Usually when guys are slipping there outside of the base. You have such a wide frame, you have white feet. You always cut off the inside part of your foot, You know what I mean? Guys try to cheat that. You should be a coach. You know that was pretty good. But it's true, is it not. I don't know it is. I never thought about that. I just be doing that ship. So it's how you're built. It's the inside of my plone. You want to you always off the inside part of your outside foot. So like whenever we used to have the first day of rain practice, we'd always practice outside on the grass. Guys, you can you can cheat like regular grass or turf. You can't cheat a wet surface. And it's because you're cutting weird or you're cutting different. You cut off the inside this part instead of just learn something today.
Speaker 3: First of all, you must have learned that from a good coach or great I don't know. Maybe the best coach of all time.
Speaker 1: I don't know this guy, this guy Bill Belichick versus Andy Reid. Wow, what what's Bill Belichick versus Andy Reid? Where's that? What's the stats?
Speaker 3: Bill's got him six and three all time six and three. That's it, three rings, as we alluded to.
Speaker 1: But this is a bit like, come on, man, it is what it is. Anybody had Tommy winning championship. That's true, he drafted.
Speaker 2: I don't like to do this with with Bill because I respect him, so I ain't gonna do that. But he can't touch Andy Reid.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 2: You drop them dudes to any different team, and he's gonna out do him.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady freaking shooting threes, jump shots. He out the league, he coming back. You put Andy wherever Bill's at, he gonna win.
Speaker 1: I think it was in the same division. He will scrape him. You know it. With Patrick Mahomes right now, it would be very tough. I'm saying, no, any team. I don't think that. Sole Master.
Speaker 2: Just you think that if right now today Andy Reid was on the Patriots, would it be better or would it be like they are now?
Speaker 1: They'd be built differently, or would they be better or.
Speaker 2: They like the same like they are now? Whatever, better records? How about that, let's just same teams and all same players, same everything.
Speaker 1: What you think? Remember we were talking about this and we talked about time management. We talked about that time management stuff. You keep saying that he only had like a year or two.
Speaker 2: He has bad time manage and you keep saying that he had some really came out last week last we win.
Speaker 1: Didn't he do something last week? Let's make this up? No, I put it. I put it in my notes. I was watching. I was literally watching, was like, this is exactly what I was saying. The shady he had something, he's smart guards. They're both very good. But I mean you had to still kiss the rings. Yeah, I mean, but like you had the equalizer, And we're going to see with an equalizing type quarterback, what Andy Reid can pump out about the watch. We're about to see if they don't get six one thing you said earlier though, if they don't get six, because it's hard to do it and continually, like he's got one generation of team to continually do it with different generations. That's what we're going to see one thing you said that was false.
Speaker 2: You said that the Patriots, you know, I was hard to win because they had the money issues, have a lot of money issues. Yeah, y'all never paid players that are true value.
Speaker 1: With the point. Wow, I'll give you that. They don't pay their homegrown but they they they had.
Speaker 2: The number one excuse when you when you when when I would go to Bill and I would say, hey, I want this, he would say.
Speaker 1: How am I gonna give you that? When I give Brady this? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because he never made me at the top of the market like he's supposed to. Brady, So when your quarterback is not making the maximum like he's posted, and then everyone's got a fall in line, not even not even fall line park, but there's more money to Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 1: But if if you look at how a team's built, we always had the more. There's like usually teams are built with like three Back when we were playing, there'd be like three dudes making upper echelon money, like big money, and then there'd be like five dudes making that middle tier, and then everyone else would be in that minimum. Ours would be like Tom would be barely making that. We'd have in that second thing, we'd have probably like eleven of those types of guys if you like look at it like per like that's how the team was always built.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that when other teams, when a quarterback gets that big lump sum, it's hard to get eleven guys even do that, it's hard to get That's so, yeah, didn't really have a lot of money issues because your top dude wasn't taking the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they were also go look at what they were doing with like the Tom never played in until like the back end of his contract. He always renegotiate. But what I get that part. So then like it didn't look but like old Brady, how much did he make. I'm not trying to count no one's chess joker made a lot of money. I mean you're talking about his career. Yeah, he's played for twenty some seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but dudes like like Eli dudes, like Big Ben dudes like paying like them dudes is cashing out at the top of the mine.
Speaker 1: Will get Sarry Rodgers. I will give you this argument, they didn't pay very well. You can't give me this is what it is.
Speaker 2: So my thing is I'm saying that when you talking about having a rosters get broken in the NFL because of money, quarterback takes all the money.
Speaker 1: I take that money. I had played for the memory, the money I played for the memories, pay for the memories, had a lot of memories. Was getting pad the top of the market. So like he's taking the money, you can't build on that team. I don't matter. All I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: Belichick is a good coach. I guess and Aaron or Andy I ricked out of Indy you should. I mean every time we played him though we went into Kansas City, we were the old team, they were the young good in time twelve twelve?
Speaker 1: What else we got? The new rule added to this game. Only players on the field can clear the spot for the kicker because pre field goal kick. In this Vinetaria had the whole They had the whole team. The Bills had the whole team out there. That's in Indy, Indy did that's true? That is true that everybody digging up the snow.
Speaker 3: And now that said, the only guys on the field can help. Can't have the whole bench.
Speaker 2: Over there, So we scrimmage in the Patriots, I forget what year it is. I was with the Eagles, remember that, And now we were beating you all real good in practice. That was in the game, y'all beat the s off as though. That was in thirteen thirteen. And I remember.
Speaker 1: You had a bad practicing bills after practice over he go to the hell. I'm like, damn, they ain't punished for not having a good practice. And it went to the hill. It was run up and down the hill. Yeah, I'm there. That was That was like high school shit. That was crazy. That wasn't punishment. That was just us. Oh we ran always after especially if we were joint practices, they would always run us. So they show the other coaching staff, you know, like hey, that's we get our pictures. This is our guys. We're getting right now. You know how many games we won where we were just in better shape than guys because guys at the end of the game like are off. Like we never had any big name offensive line guys that everyone always says, right, but our guys were rad smart. They were always in insane condition, and they played well together. And you'd play these like really explosive defensive lines and like we would slow them down a by going Noah, huddle, let them run trap a person up group in there, and b we just run the ball down the throat and then they would break by the end because teams aren't. We're never like even close to as good as shape. I agree with that.
Speaker 2: You guys are really disciplined. That's one thing I do give him credit. He was a disciplined coach man. The players was all smart. You guys in beach'll sales. That's that's what the Patriott is, right. I don't know what's the Patriot way.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought the Patriot was just having Tom Brady. I thought it was because they don't see that shit no more, no more. They ready ain't ready. But Tom was able to tart new story. Is this the best snow game of all time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What was you had another? You had another good one? I had twenty yards in the snow before. But before this or after before? What was you were with Philly? Who did you play Detroit? Detroit?
Speaker 2: You never seen that game? That mega Tronie always show he has all the snow on his helmet.
Speaker 1: That's that's the game. I think that's the game. This is two hundred and then what was this one forty do you have one? Forty one fifty?
Speaker 3: I believe so?
Speaker 1: Are you the the greatest snow running back of all time? Sorry, I don't know. I mean, I don't know other facts that's playing this thow.
Speaker 3: You know I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 1: I'm saying yes. It's not a bad answer. It's not a bad answer. Now, guys, I don't know. I'm a humble guy. Man'm humble. Come on, now, you know you just turned into a Patriot right now? That's right? Is this having to be on the team? You know? Just thank thank you, Patriot. It's a got the Patriots.
Speaker 3: I did to do it right, Jack, Nah, we're we're pretty clean.
Speaker 1: But uh.
Speaker 3: I was looking through a couple other great snow games at the Rule game, the leon Let game on Thanksgiving Day in ninety three, the Snowplow Game seventy two Patriots Dolphins speaking of clearing spots for the kickers. Just to dame a few one other, one other question. I'd be remissed if I didn't get to ask Shady. I got a twenty twenty one interview here when asked if Jules is a Hall of Famer, he said, nah, come on, man, do you do you stay by that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do. I mean I think I told you I think he was a hell of a player.
Speaker 2: See, this is what I don't like about these interviews though, right because I'm I'm I told you, I'm.
Speaker 1: Real, raw and just authentic. He's unfiltered.
Speaker 2: So the thing is, they asked me this whole question, and it was it was it was because it was thinking of the media about him in the Hall.
Speaker 1: Of Fame, and I was like, damn, I was like, he was nice and ship he was off. He was nice.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't know about hall of Fame. Like hall of fame, he got real own ones, you got all these rainy all these all these big ass numbers. They didn't talk about that. The only thing they said is Shady said it that you're not a Hall of Famer. And I remember Brandon was like, I said, damn, you think you was ain't gonna fuck with me or excuse me, you think you're gonna be cool with me because I said that, And it was more like it was an old interview of telling him about it, and I said, I didn't say it that way, but the media only took out Yeah, I don't I don't care but I mean, like opinion I'm saying, like I didn't say anything crazy.
Speaker 3: I am trying to put anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah you said you ask question answer, I'm not. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: But to tell you to your face, it wasn't like a disc because I before I even gave it, Anti, I gave you praise because I watched you play like that. He nice, like you know, but it was like hall of Fame, Like there's a lot of Hall of Fame receivers that got crazy ass right yeah yeah, well, hollymy tell me.
Speaker 1: How you feel about that when you when you read it, how'd you feel about it? I don't really remember it like that like off the top, Like I wasn't like like, oh what is like nah?
Speaker 2: Because they just twisted though, so it seemed like it was honestly you know, and they wreted me names.
Speaker 1: That's another thing they did.
Speaker 2: There's going on to players, and I was like, I was like, well, I mean, don't respect you, dog, but Brandy Moss is like Brandie is probably top ten player ever, you know what you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, come on, we what were talking about right now?
Speaker 1: Like it was not that I feel that he's raw at least at least still save to your face. Guy. No, but see I'm because it don't come from a malicious at all. Delicious. No, we're just talking the ball, you know what I mean. But if they asked for you a good player, I said, damn right, is it a baller? Dam right? I took on my team? Real, rat, I take you on my team. You know what I'm saying. For real, I would take that. That's a funny question though. Yeah. So we have this, we have this thing where we score the game and it's presented by win Bet. Of course. Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it? Steaks? What are the stakes of this game? Zero out of ten steaks? Yeah, steaks six? Not the best game of all time? No, Yeah, that's that's that's pretty good. Star power. That's pretty cool. Uh and won a lot of start with me, Frank and who else?
Speaker 3: Jacoby Brissette, Nathan Peterman, Jacoby.
Speaker 1: Like about a three three? Let's do it on two stars? Only two stars of the whole game. That's two? Come on? Gameplay? What does that mean? Just like how the game went is back and forth.
Speaker 2: The game was fun, though, I would say that, so I'm gonna give it a ten.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking like that, like it was a fun game. The snow all days, like we punt. It was so many punts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. It was like a lot of it was passing that was like catching it and he dropping it. It was a lot of crazy. It was a fun game. We'll give it a ten. The name, So, what's the name of the game. Is it the Snowball? Is it the snow over Time? Is it the Buffalo Blizzard?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: That sounds the Buffalo Blizzard. That sound dope.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a good dairy queen. Itam too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go to to night. Oh, I'm gonna die. Gotta get worked out. Last day I just started working on again. I was game. I'm like, damn getting bigger. My soup box box is great. It's really good. It doesn't hurt my knees. I want to go with you bro out, I don't. I just yeah, a great workout, it hurts. What's the score? The name of the game? Real quick? What I mean, what's the name? What's the name? Score? We're gonna the Buffalo Blizzard out of ten?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: The name. Yeah, that's a good eight. That's a good eight. That's good. That's a good name. That's a good eight. What's our total? Jack?
Speaker 3: Six point five?
Speaker 1: Where it rank? Are all our guests who had all the games you've done?
Speaker 3: That ties us with game seven of the twenty eleven Stas Cup Finals with the Dano Chara and puts us just ahead of Gilbert Arenas's sixty point game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixty points. G Gilbert was Kobe. I'm a Kobe fan.
Speaker 2: Jill Reason was super nice, but he won my He was one of my well, I ain't gonna say my favorite players, but I.
Speaker 1: Like the way he played.
Speaker 2: He was nice, although he did be tripping a little bit when it comes to Steph Curry. Other than that he's nice.
Speaker 1: He's a beast. He was it'd be a funny to get you guys together. We did. We can do that, but we did one one athlete. He was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried to us that he's better than Steph Curry. If you're taking twenty five years and down, I mean, I was like, yeah, I don't know better. Stuf Curry sounds wow, right, it is.
Speaker 1: Seth Curry is a monster. Got like a ticket from a police officer for saying ship like that. But I get what he was saying, but you know you should have said, but you know what's for lunch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Call back?
Speaker 2: You eat eat steak? What's yeah srimp? Let's order that because you're talking crazy. But he was nice though, he was nice. He was He was a bucket.
Speaker 3: We missed anything, Jack, I think we're good.
Speaker 1: You want to plug anything, No, I'm chilling you nothing just on Fox let's speak. They just asked me that quy try to try to catch you. Hey, thank you for coming on now. I'm gonna even know what she told me. A man, I gotta do it. Boy, Doozy popcorn was being served.
Speaker 3: That was he was everything. He's built a bet man. He didn't disappoint Shady.
Speaker 1: He never disappoints. He just he has no filter and.
Speaker 2: He has his take and he stands by his take straight shooting and if he's wrong, and he'll eat it though, he'll eat it.
Speaker 3: He's not alive if you believe it.
Speaker 1: He was really fun.
Speaker 3: He was fun. I love Shade. We got to get him back on here. Do some of his Eagles games, A pit game, something.
Speaker 1: We got you. He's just fun. To talk to and get his perspective. He's a smart guy.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: He remembers everything too, he does.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's got a fucking steel trap for a mind.
Speaker 1: He asked me, you know, we leave, and he goes, are you left handed? I go, no, why? And he goes, because you always carry the ball with your left hand. That right there tells me he knows some stuff. Because because I was a four back in the Wishbone back in nineteen ninety eight in Redwood City Pop Horner, I always ran the ball to my left and the sideline was there, and he always caught to keep the or taught to get the ball on your sideline. So my left became my dominant arm, which is weird for a right handed person. Usually people were more comfortable, and Shadey brought that out.
Speaker 3: About an observant cat.
Speaker 1: Oh my deservant dude.
Speaker 3: I crunched your tape like it's like it's a fucking episode of the Office. But I never noticed that you ain't.
Speaker 1: Jack get here.
Speaker 3: I really didn't even.
Speaker 1: Man. I was sart calling you captain. By the way, one of our favorite cereals. If you're out there listening.
Speaker 3: Amen, should we get into these uh? These questions we got from the d MS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's hear what these questions.
Speaker 3: So we opened them up. We put out the prompt of hit us with your dream guest, your dream game, you dream game guest combo, and we yielded some pretty good stuff. I come through and pulled the top five. Here you ready to get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it all right.
Speaker 3: Our guy John Edwards Underscore fourteen on Instagram said Steph Curry's Elite eight run. You know this one's near and dear to my heart. Yeah, David's and Wildcats, you know them.
Speaker 1: I was at you were there.
Speaker 3: I was at these games them. I love them.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: We got to get stuff in here, dude, Bob McKillop in here, the whole crew.
Speaker 1: Steph Curry, he is such a like professional, not just how he's revolutionized the game, but like you never hear really a bad thing about him, and he is who like he He's just a great family man. He always has like he never gives a bad vibe. He's just very lovable.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: And then he will shoot the lights out of any gym with any like he's an assassin on them and his handles. He's revolutionized basketball. He literally has changed the sport of basketball, Like have we We don't have any more centers. That's not that's no.
Speaker 3: Spread him out there.
Speaker 2: Everyone shoots threes because of Steph Curry. He's can we get him on Jack?
Speaker 1: You know him? Call him.
Speaker 3: I'll put in I'll put in a word here, I'll put it in a word. Oh my god, that would be that would be incredible. Moving on, we got from the three Doctor John Richardson on Instagram, Mark Sanchez Vince will Ford for the butt fumble both at.
Speaker 1: The same time.
Speaker 3: That would be wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, san Cheeto works for Fox.
Speaker 3: He's easy to get to. I would think we get get Sanchito.
Speaker 1: We can get He did a Super Bowl appearance together. He like mediated something that we did and he did pretty well. He's doing well on TV. He's handsome, he's a he got I don't know what the hair.
Speaker 3: It's a little, it's it's it's it's longer than you ever see him in the playing days. Yeah, eating hot dog on the sidelines, it was pretty clean cut.
Speaker 2: But like now, I mean, I guess maybe that's what that's what he's feeling right now. That's his confident self.
Speaker 3: I'd like to get a get it straight.
Speaker 1: I want to We're gonna get him on here now here?
Speaker 3: What about what about the Big Vince? Is he just chilling down in Texas?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I anytime I think about Vince, I just think of he had literally a semi truck. He had a semi truck car like truck that he was like without a trailer, literally a semi truck that he would drive to work. And I just see him with nothing but overalls on. That's exactly how I picture him right now in Cowboy books.
Speaker 3: And he's got to be manning like a grill of some sort, a huge smoker.
Speaker 1: Definitely, he has cooked for me and it was phenomenal his house once with Randy oh Man, it was.
Speaker 3: I would kill to be at that meal. What a beast love Vins. Gotta get him on, moving on. Thad Harold also on Instagram a throwback Carlton Fisk for the nineteen seventy five World Series Game six. You remember when he was doing the foul doing that one.
Speaker 1: That's a throwback, Yeah, throwback. Maybe if we ever Carlton Fiske got it and it didn't, maybe if we move foul right noticed it it went foul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got to Uh I was against the Reds. I believe if we ever maybe pop over to Fenway, we got it. Carlton or we needed we need a base original, Puz, we need a baseball game. It's been a while since we've done a baseball.
Speaker 1: On a sap. Yep.
Speaker 3: When in classic baseball like that when baseball was cool, man, Yeah, I like that was it.
Speaker 1: I mean that was like still old time baseball right where it was like part of America. Now ol baseball was like nineties base cool baseball, eighties eighty five to nineties baseball. It's like, oh, these dudes are fucking hitting the ball to the movie. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, these guys are playing small ball still back in seventy five, which is fun. I'm a baseball traditionalist. I love baseball.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. But the cool nineties this was pretty cool. You're right, You're right, it's pretty cool. Now it's now we're just in kind of forgetable.
Speaker 1: Era, fast fast era. It's the fast Mookie.
Speaker 3: Shoutout, Mookie, we love Another one from Instagram came in. Matthew P. Charles would like to see us have Ray Ruth and O J. Simpson on Jesus Matthew Boy, we got some funked up listeners.
Speaker 1: Oh God, did juice the juice? I mean we are in Brentwood, I mean we did have a juice reference.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, Oh my god, Shady, that got real awkward, real fast.
Speaker 1: So when he said the Hall of Fame stuff, I thought about juice because it was on Instagram. Someone asked him. Somebody sent me a video of OJ saying that I belong in the Hall of Fame. And then he brought up that, and I was gonna say it, but I couldn't. I would have been yeah, o J.
Speaker 3: He loves the Twitter video.
Speaker 1: OJ does. Yeah, I was this close to pulling it up, this close. I don didn't know how long it was a little OJ. Yeah. I don't think Shady would have mind.
Speaker 3: No, he would have been down to OJ always signs off. I'm just saying on Twitter. And then on Ray Carruth, I mean, also a reprehensible figure. There was a guy I remember going to Panthers games growing.
Speaker 1: Up, who is Ray Cruth?
Speaker 3: Wide Receive out of Colorado. He had a hit man try to kill his pregnant wife.
Speaker 1: Oh so these are these are bad guys.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, this in this guy Matthew Matthew, Yeah, he wants to see us, have him on and welcome him to your home. Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: This is so this guy Raker reprehend awful. Guy tried to hit man kill his wife who was pregnant at the time. There was a guy after this. I would see him at Bank of America Stadium, maybe ericson field. Back then. He was like at the middle aged, most mild manner, looking like average white dad. He would wear a Rayker Ruth jersey tucked into like acid washed jeans for like twenty years, no matter what. I would go to this game or a Panthers game like once or twice a year see this guy every time. Wow, and he's just walking around like it was cool. I think he makes Twitter every now and again. People will resurface.
Speaker 1: Photos this guy. Was he that good of a player?
Speaker 3: He's like a second round pick out of Colorado, Like I don't know the full.
Speaker 1: I love like them.
Speaker 3: That's a guy we might need to get on the pod, say dude, what is wrong with you? On a lighter note, a more normal fan, Matt Zetcher I believe is the pronunciation on Instagram. He wants the Kelsey Bowl.
Speaker 1: You got to get the yeah, it's yeah, it's not if.
Speaker 3: We heard him on tape on the New Heights Body.
Speaker 1: They confirmed it. They confirmed that's a that's a hard yes.
Speaker 3: We will count as an inked yes, inked yes.
Speaker 1: What an episode. Thanks again, Shady. That was unbelievable. That's been another episode of Games with Names, presented by when Bett. Remember guys, please follow us at Games with Names on Instagram, x TikTok and snapchat. Jackie, we'll see it one week. We'll we'll see him next week. That was one. Another one in the bank. Yeah baby, as Belichick would say, put it in the bank. Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.