Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirl, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance, don't want to dance, and have now seen ten episodes of Dancing with the Stars. But since our best friend Danielle joined the cast for season thirty four, we're going all in. We are Wilfred Ell and Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Topanga aka daniel Fishal's backup aka the Daniettes. How's it going, Will?
Speaker 2: It's going well righter? How you doing?
Speaker 1: This is? This is the hottest off the presses we've ever recorded.
Speaker 2: The press is so hot.
Speaker 3: I can't even it's this is hot, this hot off the presses.
Speaker 1: We are recording right after the tenth episode aired, like literally right after, literally right after and uh, are you shook?
Speaker 2: I'm shook.
Speaker 1: I'm a little shook too.
Speaker 2: I'm a little shook. I'm a little yes and no, yes and no again.
Speaker 3: I think there's more that goes into all this that we're not really privy to.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, we've been hearing that apparently she.
Speaker 3: Had a big another show, and I don't know, what the hell do you feel like?
Speaker 1: We have a good grasp at least on how the judging works.
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: I feel like we have a good grasp on the show, But I don't think we have a good grasp on all of the internal external social media, all that stuff politics that go into the vote, right that I don't. I think you and I are woefully ignorant of I really, because neither of us are particularly good on social media or have.
Speaker 2: A You have a much bigger presence than I do. I have none, but you have one.
Speaker 3: Danielle obviously has one, so you know the world a bit. But I think there's a whole micro world around Dancing with the Stars that we are just not privy to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're a part of it, yes now, because we have this podcast exactly, and my feed has been a lot of Dancing with the Stars, although it tends to skew very Danielle heavy well, of course, right, yeah, So I have no clue what's up with Whitney. I guess it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of I didn't either, but I guess.
Speaker 3: So. You know, her other show, The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives, is the number one show on Hulu, thus being the number one show on ABC. And you know, which is the same world as Dancing with the Stars, right, So because it's on Hulu, it's all in the Disney family. So I'm sure there's people there that thought that Disney and ABC obviously wanted her to go as far as possible. But I guess something came out where she said she didn't want to do the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives anymore. She would only do that if she got a chance to do Dancing with the Stars. Like they said to her, well, if you do another season of the show, we'll let you do Dancing with the Stars, or you have a better shot at doing Dance with the Stars something.
Speaker 2: It was intertwined.
Speaker 3: So because of that, she went on to do another season of the show, and I guess she's getting.
Speaker 2: Kind of roasted for that. I don't know what it.
Speaker 3: Was, but again, this is all stuff we don't know about, so it's just part of the world we're not familiar with.
Speaker 2: It's clearly not the best dancer wins the show.
Speaker 3: That's clearly not with Dancing with the Stars is no no, So I.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, then you're fine.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line is that Andy Sticks are around way longer than he probably should have in terms of just dancing skill and Whitney, who I thought dancer.
Speaker 2: Basically a professional dancer.
Speaker 3: She didn't have a bad performance that I can remember throughout the entire show where you're like, eh, right.
Speaker 2: And and she's gone and doesn't make the final, so you just, well.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect it. I was surprised. Me too, So I'm still feeling a little like, wow, Okay, well shuck. I also love everybody who made it through, so yeah, me too. You know, I have no reason to dislike Whitney, I guess, but so I guess I would have been happy no matter what, because I like all these people. They're all good dancers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again, it took a turn for us when Danielle wasn't on the show anymore. Right, it kind of becomes you know, the person you're really rooting for isn't there, So then you kind of go like, okay, now I'm just kind of watching the show and I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 1: Dramatic, huge, it was huge TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: So all right, our opening number was an homage to Prince.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say, musically, by far, my favorite episode ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, complete opposite. Okay, will be complete opposite. Okay. So I was watching this opening number, not really cluing in that it was Prince Night or whatever, and I was like, I just I just don't like this, you know. I was that it was just like I don't know the style of it. The everything was just like this is fine, everyone's dancing. Well, I just don't care. And then I was like, oh, it's Prince.
Speaker 2: And you're not a Prince fan.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I always thought that Prince was just this gap in my musical knowledge, like I don't know. I didn't think I knew many Prince songs. I don't listen to Prince. I've never been into Prince. I don't know anything about it. And I always knew that was just like a blind spot in my musical world. I have a lot of them, to be fair, most people do. I'm very limited. I just don't, you know. I don't expose myself to the radio that much. I don't listen to popular music, so I'm usually out of it. And I always knew Prince as this like looming, towering figure that I should someday give attention to. And then when they did the like Prince round Up where they showed his montage of his whole career. I was like, yeah, I don't I don't like this. I'm like everything he wears, yeah, his style. I was just like, yeah, not for me. And then the music itself, I'm like, yeah, I know that song. Oh, I know that song too. I don't know I really like any of these.
Speaker 2: Prince was Lenny Kravitz before Len Kravitz. Prince is the guy. I also, oh Man.
Speaker 3: Put them the two coolest men who have ever arguably walked the pret Just put them in a feather boa and stretch purple pants that have shark teeth on him and they pull it off, like yeah, love it, love it, and show me. I'm not a style guy, but I love I found Prince like in my early forties because everyone was like, dude, you love music and you've never found Prince.
Speaker 2: And I was the same way.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not I don't need to listen to Prince, Like I got enough going on. And then I started to kind of deep dive Princes and it was like, holy.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you had the exact opposite of me.
Speaker 2: Exactly, okay, exactly, I mean made amazing music. To do it.
Speaker 1: But I watched the montage. I was like, man, yeah, do.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to get you want to get a little a little nugget, just a very little nugget of Prince. What Prince is capable of? Go and google it's playing. I think it's my guitar gently weeps. Is I think the name of the song? I could this song might be wrong from the Beatles and they're doing some kind of retrospective and it's some of the greatest musicians ever on stage. It's like Tom Petty and all these people, and Prince does the guitar solo and it's all of them half way through these towers of the industry looking at this guy, like who is this guy? He's it's insane. Yeah, So, I mean he does certain things. I mean the one of the he's also a prolific songwriter. So one of the famous stories is apparently he saw uh, what's what's her name from the Bengals on the plane he was flying on the plane with like the lead singer of the Bengals. This is a story that's like a Hollywood story. So I'm not sure if it's true, but it's People have said it is and he walked on and he saw her and he was very big into female empowerment music, and by the time the flight landed he had written it was like just another manic Monday and handed it to her on a napkin like one of their biggest things.
Speaker 2: He was like that guy where it was yeah, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. It's I guess it's sort of like jazz, which we've talked about, like one of those things. I feel like I should like. Everyone tells me they're like, oh, you would totally like this, and I've never been able to get past Like, I just never got into it. I feel like Prince's kind of that way. I feel like tonight was a deep dive into britt Slam for me, and I came.
Speaker 2: You were swimming for the surface. You were deep diving and swam for the service totally. So I love the music. I really music, all right.
Speaker 1: So first up Elaine and Alan uh I thought this was pretty great.
Speaker 3: I did too, But I have a question. Have we asked anybody how they pick who goes first? Because this is the second week in a row she's had to dance first.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Robert went first, didn't he No?
Speaker 2: I thought, what tonight?
Speaker 1: None went first? Last week?
Speaker 2: I thought Elaine went first? Again? Didn't she go first last week?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Well yeah she almost Sarah said, yeah.
Speaker 1: She did. Okay, Well this week it almost doesn't matter because they all got to dance a second danced.
Speaker 3: About the whole start in the first position, and she's now gone twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I agree.
Speaker 3: I thought it was. I thought it was decent. It wasn't my favorite, but it started strong.
Speaker 1: I thought she brought a like a slinky quality that she hasn't before that I thought was really good. She had like nice attitude without being cheesy, you know, like, all right, you're bringing some attitude. Obviously, she brought it way more for her second dance.
Speaker 3: Second dance was no, it was. She also looked great tonight. Both of the dresses she was wearing, we were pretty great.
Speaker 1: And even before the second dance, I was like, oh, Eline has brought it tonight in a way that I don't think she has before.
Speaker 2: And she was.
Speaker 1: I could see it right and the yeah, she was really in it, and I was. I thought she brought a new attitude and a new way of moving her body to this dance. I was like, oh, wow, she's come to like really dance and yeah, so I thought it was great. She got nines across the board, which seemed totally fair. Yeah, I agree a good start.
Speaker 3: Wasn't tens, but yeah, kind of changing my tune a little bit on her just this week. I've had my problems with Lane obviously, but I thought she did really well this week, like really well, and you could tell she was focused and kind of ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next up where Alex and Val too?
Speaker 2: Man, just can't they?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: I think with Whitney out of the way, I still don't think that I stand by what I say.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna beat Robert, No one's but.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a tight competition.
Speaker 2: Close. She could really close.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny. I wasn't convinced that the song and the dance went well together because you know, this is the song felt kind of like a joyful release and this this dance is like a little bit more about control or like maybe even resisting control in a way. Like it just felt like a little mismatch to me. Yeah, that was my only like, but it was still so well done. It was like great, of course, yes, this is gonna get nines and tens which.
Speaker 3: It And she also that I I you know, apparently, so one of the things we're learning as we're learning these dances is a lot of these dances are really there to highlight the woman. So it's like the how did Danielle say it to us one time? She's like, the man is the frame and the woman is the painting. So it's like it's kind of that's what it's highlighting. And her in that red dress was stunning. I mean it's just everything about that visual how long and lean she was when he like leans her over at the end and the slit up the side, I mean it was the whole look was pretty remarkable for this dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's such a good dancer. I mean she is insane.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Next up Whitney and Mark. I you know, contrary to the fact that she got kicked off this week, I thought that this was some of her best solo work. Yeah, you know, like it really hasn't had a bad dance no, and this was a chance for them to do some side by side. I don't know something about this. I was like, all right, Whitney's really like just I mean into her own as a dancer. She it's like, what, didn't feel dependent on him to the same degree that I felt like, you know, they've always been great, but this was like a chance. I don't know. I was like, man, she's killing it. And I think the scores reflected that even better than Alex in some ways with their first dance.
Speaker 2: I agree. Now, do you think by this point, I guess you can't. You can't dissect the two.
Speaker 3: Because there she has this whole other persona that I guess is driving some of her voting when it comes to her other reality show and her online persona, which again we're not privy to at all. So do you think the fact that people like us and a lot of other people have kind of said she's a professional dancer.
Speaker 2: Has hurt her as the the.
Speaker 3: I mean, because again, if you look at her and Alex now, it seems like they're kind of close to the same level. And Alex isn't a professional dancer, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: She's like a well she I think, oh, it's the same thing. I thought she was just like a makeup influencer or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, she's introduced more as a makeup and answer. But I just assume if anybody's on TikTok and there's they're dancing.
Speaker 3: That's that's where we're wrong. That's where we don't know anything about. To take away, I just assume it's food to dance, right, It's have no idea what it is.
Speaker 1: You're right, she does make up tutorials, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ever, Alex never really danced on TikTok. Apparently it's what it's says. So yeah, it seems like that to me, seems more of the show. We've talked about that with Dylan, who I did not think had a great night. But we talked about that with Dylan, where you know, there's something too you're not a dancer, now you're a dancer, as opposed to you're a dancer and now you're a slightly better dancer.
Speaker 2: That's it's two different journeys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got nine, ten and ten, so a little little higher than Alex and Bow. And then we went on to Dylan and Daniella your favorite. She's you know, I'm still really rooting for both of them.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too.
Speaker 1: This one did not did not do it for me.
Speaker 2: I felt like he was a little stiff tonight, like he was a little off tonight.
Speaker 1: The note I took was I could feel him gritting his teeth a little bit. Yeah, I missed.
Speaker 3: You know the word that I used when I was watching it, deliberate. Yeah, it seemed there was no flow to it. It seemed like he was in his head and it was kind of one two three, what like he's trying to keep up with it in his mind. But she's I have to remind myself to watch him because she's.
Speaker 1: So good, she's astounding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I was, you know, I was glad they came back out for another dance, but this was Yeah, I was like, oh, Dylan, come on, man, after last week, you could bring it, you could do it. But I also, you know, and this was an overall for this week.
Speaker 2: A lot of jives, which I just still not my favorite dance no either, and.
Speaker 1: So you know, there were a lot of choices being made in terms of dance that I was like, really, this is what you're gonna do this. Now you're gonna bust out the Vietnese waltz. I mean, everybody was still good, but it was like, I don't know, I wanted a little. I'm very curious how the finale is going to go, like what their dance?
Speaker 2: He dances each apparently is it?
Speaker 1: And then and so yeah, and there's five there's five couples left in the finals. Is that right? Is there any theme for the finale or is.
Speaker 2: It just a free for all finale?
Speaker 3: I don't have finally, fine, finally no, just finale, just finale.
Speaker 1: All right, final songs? Cool?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So they got nine to nine and nine, which seemed fair. Actually yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree. I thought he was off a little tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now I have a question for you, since we are talking about it's clear that the best answer doesn't win. And I imagine this is something that everybody who's ever watched Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Ever knew, and we just didn't that.
Speaker 3: It's not like if you if you expect the best dnswer to win, you're gonna be disappointed a lot of the time. Do you think Whitney had lost before she even stepped foot on the dance floor tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel the same way.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 2: They just that was it. She was just she was done already.
Speaker 1: No, you know what if Elaine hadn't blown everybody away, especially with their second dance, I think she could have been eliminated. I think danced her way into the finale tonight, but it was on the bubble coming in.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it works, but I feel like with whatever was going on in the internet, it was like she's done before she ever had a chance.
Speaker 1: But see, this is why the show is so well produced, right because because if it was just about who's the best dancer, and the judges sort of had like robotic answers of like technical stuff, but you know, but that human element is still there, and the journey and the narrative of the season, it still has a huge impact. And that's those ups and downs. Man, in this elimination, I have to.
Speaker 2: It shocked me too.
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you that I've expanded on my idea from last week. Okay, remember I talked about how a cool version of the show would be if both were celebrities and.
Speaker 2: They dance as a couple.
Speaker 3: What it should be is that, but each week, one of the two of that couple is kicked off and has to then partner with somebody else, and so the final comes down to two celebrities dancing together, but only one of.
Speaker 2: Them can win.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be cool.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I just saw Running Man this week, so I'm just trying to think of other ways to up up the game.
Speaker 1: And then they get killed.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, I'm just squid games with the squid games, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up Jordan and Ezra. And this is where I was like, man, the jive just kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: I agree, I don't like it. I don't like it, but.
Speaker 1: We'll get to in our next dance. I was surprised.
Speaker 2: So Derek.
Speaker 1: Derek gave the feedback, you know, he gave really great feedback. He was like, Jordan, I just feel like you're you're missing some of the bite or I think he said punch, you know, like and I felt that. When he said that, I was like, yeah, that's what it was. It was she wasn't like hitting the landing into her her moves as much. And this is when I started to get worried because I love Jordans. I love Jordan and Ezra, and I was like, oh no, it's not looking good for them. So when it came down to the the bottom three, who aren't really even maybe the bottom three. I was pretty convinced that Jordan was out, but I thought this was a good dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was one of her best or her best, but it was good. I mean, I thought she was good tonight.
Speaker 1: As an overall, everybody up their game for their second dance. It seemed like, yes, if they got to choose which one went first. I mean, I know that I'm so confused with how what choices they have, but it seems like they were all pretty strategic and like whatever they thought was their best dance if they had the choice, they put second. Because yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Also have to imagine, though, like any other whether it's the second half of a game or something like that, you're also warmed up. Yeah, like you know you're I know, I know you can warm up a bit beforehand, but once you've already danced in that first adrenaline rushes off. I have to imagine that second dance you can kind of sink into a little easier.
Speaker 1: What are your how do you warm up your voice for cartoon work? What are your what are your vocal exercises?
Speaker 2: I usually wake up and cough.
Speaker 1: You don't do anything, No, really no red leather, yellow letter, red leather, yellow leather of that.
Speaker 2: In my entire life.
Speaker 3: No, at least now I'm not waking up and smoking half a pack of cigarettes. No, oh my god, I exercised nothing with my voice.
Speaker 1: That's that's actually pretty rare. Right in your street.
Speaker 3: I've never been with a voiceover actor I've ever seen warming up their voice next to me.
Speaker 2: You just kind of sit down and you just go.
Speaker 3: So, I mean maybe I think it's just again, it also depends on what you're doing. Yeah, if you know, when I were, I remember doing a Medal of Honor video game where I had to scream at the top of my lungs for sixteen straight sessions or.
Speaker 2: Something like that, and it was that was because everything. Don't forget there's gunfire going out, so.
Speaker 3: You're just yelling the whole time. It's like you couldn't warm up for that. It was just your your your throat is bleeding by the end of the so.
Speaker 2: But no, but normally no, I don't. What do you what do you do? You warm up theater for you? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean when when I was, I've done like, you know, eight shows a week where I've had to like steam, like, you know, I'll be inhaling like uh whatever, you know, just because like the throat gets so tired. But I'm horrible with my throat, like I use it. Oh yeah, horribly me Like I don't. Yeah, I don't like project correctly from my diaphragm or any of that.
Speaker 2: I do that I'm pretty, but I don't treat my throat. Well, you just gotta be careful of the stuff you put in your body.
Speaker 1: Right, Are you having a whiskey right now?
Speaker 2: No, it's a urban.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: That out came Robert and Whitney, and my note was, Jesus, I guess I like the jive, so maybe that's all I need to say. It's incredible, it's so good. I was like, oh dude, and suddenly the most coolest dance I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen said the same thing. When she flips him over.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, okay, we're done, thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. There were like two moves that flip, and then there was one early one. I was like, well, what they're making this so cool and so interesting? So like I feel like it had great big set pieces, still was a jive technically wonderful.
Speaker 3: There were some there were some different dances going around that you could argue were dancing the night, but Dancer of the Night Robert killed it. And we talked about last week about him against Dylan, where it was like Dylan stole it last week and he's as good as they were in two different categories. Tonight, Robert absolutely crushed it. Yeah, crushed it.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that like nobody had sets? Yes, like all of the the production design has just stripped down. Now it's just that whole dance. I do too. I love that, and it seems like everybody made the same choice. It was like, no, no, no, Now it's just about the dancing. We're not going to have any props, We're not going to have any extra stuff. And I thought it was really cool me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want to take a moment here or towards the end to talk about the judging tonight and what was actually going on with the judges.
Speaker 1: The kind of missed all of it. I oh, because yeah, we were texting while watching, so let's talk about it, because I I you.
Speaker 2: Can tell Derek was going at carry carry in.
Speaker 3: I thought tonight, frankly, some of the stuff she did made no sense whatsoever. How you look at Whitney and you say this was the best dance you've ever done and then give her a lower score than you've given her before obviously makes no sense. That being said, I thought a lot of She's like, we're going from the semifinals to the finals. Our job is to judge. We have to nitpick a little bit, and that's what I thought she was doing. I didn't think it was horribly unfair. I thought getting down in front of Elaine and bowing to her was a bit much.
Speaker 1: But I mean, she loves Elamb She's so obvious she does.
Speaker 3: She's one of her Elaine, we're talking about it in one of her faves. But the then Derek obviously was like looking at her. She mentioned something about you missed two different hops in ya. I forget who she was talking to, but she said you missed two different hops and Derek kind of looked at her looked. He was like, no, she what the hell? And she's like, look, I saw what I saw. And they were going at it. And then apparently we have we have some insider knowledge of some people that were there that apparently she was super pissed at the table and then when they cut back to them and he's like, oh, bring it in, and he went to hug the.
Speaker 2: Two of them. She was pissed. I mean, like you could tell it was bad.
Speaker 3: So there's a there's gonna be It's an interesting in my head, they all drive to the show together, So in my head, that's going to be an interesting car ride home, the three of those judges sharing the Volvo they drive.
Speaker 1: You know, I wonder about this. So our friend of the podcast Variety writer Emily Longretta, did an interview with Carrie Anne that she sent to me and said we should read before we recorded last week. And I did read it, said it to me, what's up, bro, Thanks Emily. You're not on social media. She sent it to me through Instagram. But it was a really good interview and they you know, they sort of covered the fact that Carrie and gets a lot more crap than other judges. And in the interview, you know, Carrie Ane was sort of you know, connecting it to being a woman and that she's in some ways harder on women dancers than the guys are. And then unfortunately that kind of comes back on her, which you know, it was. It was a good point. But I also think even beyond the fact that she's female, I think that she does put herself into a more serious position often, like by the way she talks, you know. I feel like Derek and Bruno have a much more sort of like, even when they're critical, there's always this sort of like, but we're all just having fun and it's all about positivity, where she can come off a little more like I am here to judge. This is my job, and I'm going to take it seriously, and as a result, she kind of gets more blowback. You know.
Speaker 3: I think if she did that though equally for everybody, then most people might I won't say most people.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have that big a problem with it.
Speaker 3: But when she's saying to people like Andy, who for some dances, let's be honest, we all liked him, but was kind of sitting there in the middle and moving his arms and moving his legs a little bit while she danced around him and going like, oh my god, your journey is amazing, and Daniell's flipping all over the stage and she's like, well, you're really not holding your shoulders back.
Speaker 2: It didn't come off as equal judgment.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those things apparently, because again we've talked about this now we've been deep diving it a bit, or I've been deep diving it a bit. Everyone seems to say that from the beginning, Well, yes, she does put herself in that more serious kind of category. She also definitely has her favorites. Yeah, and when she picks her favorites, they're her favorites, and when anybody else comes up, she judges them as opposed to praising the people that are her favorites. So again, I would say, at least from the two guys that I've seen, and I'm sure she does get for being a woman and putting herself out there, and don't doubt that at all, but the guys seem to be consistently consistent with everybody, whereas she seems to kind kind of again, I'm going to say this to this person, but this to this person, and this to this and again the good example is tonight, I mean looking at Whitney and going, this is.
Speaker 2: The best dance you have ever done? Here nine?
Speaker 3: It's like, but you gave her a ten last week, so how can you say this is the best she's ever done and give her a nine?
Speaker 2: It just a lot of seeds, some.
Speaker 1: Of that flave of flave consistency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just yes, I don't know if you heard. I read it yesterday. He just found his paddle.
Speaker 2: Uh so congratulations, he was just told he was there.
Speaker 1: He just found up that he did dance with the stars.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, again, I can see and I look back on some of the stuff you and I said about her, and we got some pressed about it, and maybe we're a little harsh, but again, it's like I become a big brother when I see what you're doing to a friend of mine. But again, I just don't think she's overly consistent, and I think there's there's drama going on. I mean, if you could go back when it goes on Hulu and you can watch again, just watch when Derek grabs her and grabs him and.
Speaker 2: Pulls him into a hug. She is livid, like livid. So yeah, super super interesting week.
Speaker 3: It'll it se because that's going to make depressed, and obviously it absolutely will.
Speaker 2: So I see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I've gone through a full journey with carry Anne because now I really kind of like her, appreciate it. I know, I know, but I'm saying, like, I know what you're saying about inconsistency, and that's you know, a problem sort of across the board with this whole system. Is like I, like I said a couple of episodes ago, I would love it if they stated their intentions at the beginning of the season, like this is what I care about, and this is what I'm going to be looking for and and sort of we could then judge them, judge their judging right, holding it to whatever standard they set out to. But I like that she takes it so seriously. I really do do in a way that as much as I know Derek and Bruno are obviously just as knowledgeable and have justice, like have their opinions, their presentation is a little more light and a little less like, you know, just intense and severe. And I actually kind of or I'm not intense and severe, just like maybe rigorous or there's something about her presentation that is just it's a different mode and I actually kind of appreciate it now, So I've gone full circle.
Speaker 3: That's great now Again, I don't dislike her. I don't think she's particularly consistent. Yeah, and I wonder I still want to know, because I don't think we've gotten a sufficient answer. People have told us a quote unquote answer, but I don't believe it. Frankly, I just don't how much sway the judges' scores hold as opposed to the popular vote, because that's what they say, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I buy that.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those things where you wonder if if they're kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, we're here to go. You were great, but maybe hold your.
Speaker 3: Arms like this and then know that the public's going to vote them through or not vote them through. And that's just kind of how it is.
Speaker 1: All right, second round of dances began with Elaine and Allen. The passe dole.
Speaker 3: Strikes again and strikes a sorry before you start. We're going to very quickly because it is one of your favorites.
Speaker 2: Do wiz history of dance history?
Speaker 3: Oh, we should do it together at some point, and for you, the writer of strong edition, we're going to do the pasa dobla tonight.
Speaker 2: Nice. Where do you think the passa dobla originated Spain? Wrong? Really France?
Speaker 3: What swear past pastoble originated in France in the sixteenth century, drawing inspiration from the drama and movements of Spanish and Portuguese bullfights, and was popularized in Spain but started in France. The dance spread throughout Europe and became a ballroom dance style in nineteen thirties, where is characterized by a man portraying and mattado and a woman portraying the role of his cape or a Spanish dancer.
Speaker 2: We got to love the French.
Speaker 3: You know, we are gonna make something spending.
Speaker 2: That's it's so funny now for the records and bla baguette and zis screwy?
Speaker 1: Croissant? Wasn't French?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: I think croissantest, of course it is. Well, it's like the National Quassas of France say it like that, just a horrible person? Can I have a crescent blaze?
Speaker 3: By the way, Sue and I Now if they the second they say like and dancing the Argentine tango or dancing the passa double, we will get it to go. All right, Well, Riders is gonna love this one because we just know these are your favorites now.
Speaker 1: And look they save them for the end of the season because everybody has their breakout moment with a pas doble or an Argentinian tango. Oh sorry, you know, we saw it tonight with Jordan coming out.
Speaker 3: It's like the tango going at the top, but kind of the jive legs sometimes at the bottom, so you get the leg.
Speaker 2: Movement, but it's still the statuesque. It's they're great, They're great, all right.
Speaker 1: So I thought this was Elaine's best dance of the season her hands down.
Speaker 2: She was great.
Speaker 1: She was fantastic, she committed, her body was doing incredible things. She had such perfect attitude. It's like, yes, yes, give it to her tens across the board rightfully, so she deserves reserved yes. And this is why I think she just danced her way to the finale because this was so damn good. Everybody was like, oh, and she timed it perfectly. You know, you hold onto the show, you stay in with your eight seven's, nines, and then you you bust out your big ten.
Speaker 3: Dances crush and she was great. Yeah, this was a very very good dance.
Speaker 1: And I wonder how much she also is getting a bump from the Andy factor, you know what I mean, I think that's possible. We're going to vote for an act or somebody who's had a good journey. All those votes, all those people are probably gonna right now be channeling those votes to somewhere, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 3: I also think one of the things that you and I have not talked about, and it seems to kind of I think, probably be par for the course for this guy a little bit, especially the season, is her partner, Alan, who I don't think we've ever really talked about Alan. He's dealing with somebody who's slightly older and injured, and to be able to go this far with her with the court, I mean, again, if you're doing choreography and it's like you've got a bad toe, you've got a bad hip, you've got this, you've got a tailor what you're doing to your partner, So to be able to get out of her what he's been able to get out of her, I don't think we've certainly not given him enough credit throughout the season. That's a really good point, and he's I think, been really killing it.
Speaker 1: Frank, Yeah, Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Next up, Alex and val I thought this was pretty magical.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: It was this, Yeah, I mean, for me, this was when like Alex really because you know, Bruno had this note about her connection with with Val and it was so true when I think about her first dance, remember the circus dance when we were there, Oh yes, right and whip yeah, And I feel like the first couple of weeks, she was always a good dancer, like her body was always doing the right things, but it just never felt it was kind of like an AI dancer or something like, Yeah, there was something a little like not connected in her eyes, a little bit soulless. Right, that is not the case anymore. Like there like she is in it body, heart, soul, like you're just with her. And so she's become one of my favorites, like take a lot of journey because I from the first episode, I was like, Eh, she's good, but it's not gonna speak to me. But this like spoke to me. It was just beautiful.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I think I think Dylan kind of said it best in one of his pre show packages where he was like, only part of this show is about dancing. The other part of the show is about believing in what you're doing. When it's like believing in yourself and what you're doing when you're out there because that's you and I've talked about that. The hardest part we would have is be like the comedy version would be saying committing to the bit, which is obviously this is not a bit, but this is commit going out there and giving one hundred percent and believing in what you're doing. That would be a difficult barrier for you and I to break through. Where dance, Yeah, with dance where I agree with you. She got out there and she could definitely do the steps, but she's now to the point there's like Dylan last week where it's like, oh you you believe you're a dancer now? And I can see yeah, So it does. It makes It makes a very big difference watching them, And the only thing I was thinking the whole time, and I know she's married to Pasha and they have a little kid and they're happy as hell.
Speaker 2: But I want to see Daniella and Val dance together.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that to me would be something pretty remarkable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dylan and Daniella up neck. Oh well, they got tens across the board, no surprise, right, Uh, Dylan and Daniella doing the chat cha if I'm remembering correctly, Yes, and right at the beginning with the way he started reminding me of his first dance too. Everyone he started on the judging table and doing his little I don't know if this was the right choice at this time, Like this is precisely his weakness, right, Latin dancing hips. Uh, he's better in the more like you know, partnered tango where anything where he can be the sort of leading man without having to dance on his own. That said, I still thought it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. The cha cha is also not one of my favorite dances.
Speaker 3: Nope, I do prefer the tangoe stand up kind of sexy kind of dances.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he wasn't It wasn't bad. It certainly wasn't bad. This was not his best night overall. No, but he was not. It wasn't like, oh my god, that was a terrible dance.
Speaker 1: By his brother being in the audience throw him off his game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that if the drinking game was take a shot. Every time they cut to Zach Effron when they were dead by the commercial, I just I felt bad because it's like, that's why the guy doesn't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: He's like, this is this is about my brother. Stop cutting.
Speaker 3: At one point it was like they literally were like and Jordan Childs gets ten ten ten, and they cut to zac Effron.
Speaker 2: I know, like, oh wait, he's not part of her family. Why you keep cutting to zac Efron?
Speaker 3: So I just felt bad that they kept cutting to the dude when it was it's supposed to be about Dylan and you know that's why he doesn't go places with his brothers.
Speaker 1: It's like, I wonder what the conversation was, Like, Zach was like, wait, when do you want me to come to the show.
Speaker 3: Dylan's like never, never, or Zach was like you know what again, bro, Yeah, here's what we'll do, little brother. Make it to the semifinals and I'll come walking away going like he's not getting it.
Speaker 2: That's never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But no, it was again not his best night. I think he has more in him. We've seen more in him. He's so likable. She's amazing, Still totally rooting for them, excited to see what next week, totally should be through to the finals, excited to see what next week has in store.
Speaker 1: All right, nine, nine, and ten from the judges, and then Whitney and Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought this was a little tame but good but good. Yeah. And this was the one where Carrie and said this is the best dance you've ever done.
Speaker 2: Seven Yeah, but I was.
Speaker 1: I was surprised she said that to begin with, because he really I think Whitney's does a lot of great work. But then I remember that actually the ones that I liked the most, the two dances I like the most were her dedication and then the night like the next week, and I think in all cases yeah Halloween. Yeah, And in both cases you pointed out that she was out of sync, remember, and so I think that's why those weren't her best dances. But as far as like expressive capacity and like emotional connection, I thought she's done better. But I thought she was good.
Speaker 2: But I did not say this was the best dance she's ever done. But again it was.
Speaker 3: And now I feel a bit like I'm I'm bashing the person who was just kicked off or you know, but you know, professional dancer dance as well film at eleven. That's I mean, that's what you know. That's kind of what it was with me with her journey this year. She started as a really good dancer and she ended as a really good dancer. That's that's great, and and I love the fact that this was one of her dreams and she wanted to be on the show and all that journey.
Speaker 2: All that is great.
Speaker 3: But if I'm watching somebody learn how to dance, then I didn't watch a whole lot of her.
Speaker 1: Is she going back on Mormon Wives?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know how that.
Speaker 2: Were I think it.
Speaker 3: I think the third season just dropped, so I guess that's they've already shot it and she's not in it.
Speaker 2: No, she is. She was in the third season.
Speaker 3: She had to do that third season to do Dancing with the Stars because she didn't want to go back to the show, apparently, and then said, well, if you go back to the show, you can be on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: And her admitting that pissed people off.
Speaker 2: I know it was that's all.
Speaker 3: Somebody said that she was like raked over the coles this week for I don't know if she's the villain.
Speaker 2: Don't they have like a villain on.
Speaker 1: The villain on Mormon Wives is Satan. That's it. There's only one villain and alcohol.
Speaker 2: Take another sip of burbotan Satan and caffeine.
Speaker 1: Satan and Kaffy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think SODA's okay, now.
Speaker 2: Is it okay? Tar is not on unfortunately, but because she would know all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I this was the third person to cry in their pre dance back yet it's a lot of tears, a lot of emotion, which was like, okay, we're just getting to the finale, I guess. But it also it did lend a little bit of like attention to especially with Alex and Whitney. It made them a little more human for me. I agree, I've taken them for granted. I think you know that that they're because that they're both good dancers and they and so to see them both break down on their pre dance package, I was like, oh oh wow, yeah, yeah, there's artwork really hard.
Speaker 3: I have to imagine that distress is cumulative, so by week ten you're a frazzle mess of a raw nerve. You also forget by looking at them that I think, I mean, we googled it, Sue and I googled it.
Speaker 2: Alex is twenty four. She's a kid. I mean she's a kid.
Speaker 3: So that compared I think Whitney's like thirty two or something like that. And the difference between thirty two and twenty four is very big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean you've got somebody like Robert who's twenty two, You've got somebody like Whitney who's twenty four. These are children, So it's you know, I think by this point, you're in the press for everything you do for weeks at a time, You're dancing for hours every single day.
Speaker 2: You've got to just be a raw nerve at this point.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I also imagine that there's this weird thing that must happen where you get on Dancing the Stars and it has to feel somewhat like a lark, you know, like, oh my god, I'm I'm going to do this thing and I'm gonna and then somewhere in there you really start to care about winning, Yeah, you know, in a new way, like because it becomes more and more possible, and it becomes less and less like it's an honor to be nominated more like wit freaking thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also think it's It's one of those things too where my guess is, like, like a lot of things in life, but especially things like this, you have no idea what you're getting into when it comes to the press, when it comes to the dancing, when it comes to the physicality, when it comes to the live show nights, when it comes to your entire life being these eleven or twelve weeks. My guess is, until you do it, you have no idea what it's like, no clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you.
Speaker 1: Think she regrets dropping the F bomb afterwards or whatever? She said?
Speaker 3: I don't know why she cited it, I asked, Yeah, they definitely, they bleeped it. But you know, you're on live TV in your alarment and you're throwing out the F bomb. That's that's a big one. But no, I think she'd already been kicked off. I think we were right. I think apparently she just had a rough week. But it's again it shows that it's not about the best dancers making it to the finals, because whether she would win or not. Again, I don't think anyone's going to beat Robert. But if it's just about the dancing, she deserved to be in the finals.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Then came Jordan and Ezra with the Argentine dango once again, breakthrough moment.
Speaker 3: She just walks in with her upside down like in that position.
Speaker 1: Crazy just perfect. Just this dance just brings out the best in everybody and.
Speaker 2: Again of it.
Speaker 1: Just like Danielle Vischel her legs. She's a very small person and yet manages with this dance to seem like long legged and all the things that it's just so fun God and man technically just challenging as hell. This might have been one of the most the way that they were kicking their legs around each other, which is always complicated in the Argentinian tango. This time I was like, this is even more. They were doing it on like another level.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: And it might have just been my feed or I might have been wrong, But did it seem like their kicks and the stuff they were doing were a bit slower.
Speaker 1: Than everybody else's.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, then I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Then again, my feed could have been glitching, because it seemed like there were times that that it was like kind of a slower version than some of the other ones we've seen.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe that's true, you know, But I just know that I was watching it going they're doing because like there will always be moments where you know, one partner's kicking in between the legs, right and then there would be like one moment where they're both kind of doing it. They had like multiple moments where they were I was like, Oh, they're gonna trip each other. Oh, somebody are gonna mess up. Yeah, this is the case, and it's a takedown she's gotten.
Speaker 3: So I have to ask you a question. I'm gonna throw a real Sophie's choice at you. Hear something, Yeah, you've got one dance to save your life.
Speaker 2: Are you picking the passive dobla? Are you picking the Argentine tango?
Speaker 1: I could do that. I could. I could do the more attitude. Oh I could. I could stand in front of the bull. I could fling that woman around as my cape.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, as much as I like the Argentinian tango. That seems harder. I think I could come in with some attitude and command the station.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, happy trail blow.
Speaker 1: All right, Robert and Whitney bringing it out? Oh wait, what did.
Speaker 2: What did they get?
Speaker 1: What did the last ten's across the board? Jordan's first ten ten ten, which apparently she's never gotten a perfect score in gymnastics either, which seems crazy.
Speaker 3: It does, but I think it's way harder harder perfect scores and gymnastics at the Olympics than it is to get down.
Speaker 2: He's a death to get the star again.
Speaker 3: I haven't done either one, but I'm gonna throw that out there that it's probably more difficult. Both are important and important in her life, but I'm guessing tens across the board at the Olympic Games more difficult than tens from carry Ann Derek.
Speaker 2: I He's like, come on, oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Robert and Whitney came out. I thought, did a phenomenal dance. Yeah, another one once again.
Speaker 2: Yep, Derek gave a nine. Yeah. I didn't understand that either.
Speaker 1: Do you think he just felt a little like he was playing favorites too much with Robert and finally was like, I'll just give him a nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be safe. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna get Maybe. I don't know it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see why there was a nine thrown in there, it seemed, but it did. This was this kind of cemented it for me with Robert. He's just no one's gonna beat him.
Speaker 1: I went to a baby shower this weekend and met a woman who is a dancer with the Stars fan and we got into it, of course, as you do when you're a professional podcast host of Dancing with the Stars and you have to explain that to everything.
Speaker 2: But she did she know that you were doing that.
Speaker 1: No, she knew. She was a Boy Meets World fan too, and you know she's great, but but she you know, it was interesting. She just loves Robert I sort of. I know. I mean I knew, but I was, you know, trying to like feel her out, like, but don't you feel like he's kind of destined to win and and he doesn't need your support? She was like, no, I love him so much. I'm like, yeah, okay, I guess he's just the one everybody's hearts for some reason. I'm taking him for granted, or I'm just I'm a little less.
Speaker 3: My favorite, though, is so they put up our clip on the Instagram feed, and first of all, I will say to all of our fans out there who are who are following our Podmeatsworld, uh journey, love the passion.
Speaker 2: There's people that hated us, that loved us. They couldn't play.
Speaker 3: But to a person, because we criticized Robert, people were like, you don't know how difficult it is to work with animals. And I'm like, no, I I do believe it or not.
Speaker 2: I understand I thought you were Shape's father.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, They're like and I'm like, I know, I get that he's twenty two years old and in phenomenal shape. He kind of alluded tonight to the fact he's like, when I was eleven years old and watching my sister, if you told me, I would have been been here, like, he's wanted to do this forever. So the idea that he's never danced from that moment to now until he started dancing with the stars, I don't buy that. I'm not saying he went out there and had dance lessons left and right. But he's done some dancing, I will bet. Yes, not taking away from anything, and yes, I understand wrestling crocodiles is a very difficult and tough job. Not saying that at all. What I'm saying is it seems like everyone wants him to win. That's that's all I'm saying, and I don't disagree with that. I think he frankly deserves to at this point.
Speaker 1: Does he actually wrestle crocodiles?
Speaker 2: Does he think so don't you. Well, I think, you know, he does a thing where he's like, all right, Crocky, just everyone quiet, quiet.
Speaker 3: And then he jumps up behind him and puts his hands over their thing and like, no, I've got him.
Speaker 2: This is big Noigel like that kind of Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think he does that kind of So that's what his dad used to do, you know, So I think I think he does the same kind of stuff. And yes, I get that's very difficult. I wasn't saying he's in bad shape. I'm saying that I think he's probably been doing.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: So I was like, wait, what, Yes, so no, I get. I just think they they a lot of people want him to win.
Speaker 2: They love him. Everyone loves him and frankly rightfully, so.
Speaker 1: He's super dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah it.
Speaker 3: Now, here's my question, based just on journey from where they started to where they ended, who do you think improved the most as a dancer so far?
Speaker 1: It's really hard. I think I think it's between Jordan and Dylan for me, really, and I think Jordan obviously had the athleticism, so she had to learn the sort of emotionality, you know, she had to learn how the expressiveness and how to adapt to choreography, I think, and I love that journey for her, and I don't think it's really been appreciated enough. And Dylan, I guess, just strikes me as the everyman who made right. Do you know in a way that like what you're talking about, Robert, I don't feel. I don't feel like robertson every Man. I agree the same to the same degree that I do with Dylan. With Dylan, I feel like I'm watching somebody who's also very athletic, has but is not. You could tell when he started is just like not super comfortable with dancing as a as a form, Like it's not doesn't come naturally to him.
Speaker 3: When they showed that clip of his first dance and the one that we were we were at, it was like, oh, oh my god, that's right, that's where he started.
Speaker 1: So I at least star journeys.
Speaker 2: Who would you say, I would say Dylan and Alex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say Dylan and Alex really had because I think you're right at the beginning with Alex, she had the steps but was kind of didn't buy it or was a little soulless when she was doing it, and then to throw in the fact that she's twenty four to just see like where she ended up tonight and last week with what she did, that's a that's a big step for me. Those so I think those two so far have had the big the biggest progress.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the finale is going to come down to Alex versus Robert. Yeah right, yeah, Alex for just pure dance ability are consistently insane numbers all over the map. Yeah, and then Robert is beloved. I think Robert's still gonna win, But I would I would love to give him or run for the money.
Speaker 2: I would love to be able to look at the scores from.
Speaker 3: The weeks, like, I mean, is it one of those things where it's like I'm making up a number. We got twenty five million votes, you know, twenty two million are for Robert and the other three are scattered out through the rest of the people.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it like, is it so close?
Speaker 1: It so far?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it one of those things where there's three people in the world that already know, like he gets fifteen million of the seventeen million votes a week, we get like he's already one.
Speaker 2: Essentially, do you think there's one or two people that already know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably man, yeah, I mean, I mean, who knows.
Speaker 2: You could be super close.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And what I want to know is do they share that information with the judges? They must, whether they have they we do or not. You know, they're just like Robert did really well last week.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's that, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Surprisingly Andy's still holding his own. You know, there's back channel information right in little you know, conversations with the urinal.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, exactly what the water cooler conversation, Oh god, the Dancing with the Stars water cooler conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a skit you want to write.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh my god, I'm already writing in my head right now.
Speaker 1: Argentinian tangles.
Speaker 3: The legs are flicking as they're trying to talk about what's going on where.
Speaker 1: They're speaking in code with the legs. It's like semaphore. They're like communicating with that. I'm not going to tell you who won, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's it is. It's like that.
Speaker 3: And then the one of them walks up to ask the other one out, and he's like, hey, can I get your numbers? She's like sure, seven like that kind so, oh my god, there's so many different jokes going through my head.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: We came to elimination, which seemed kind of predictable unto it wasn't there and I was waiting.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, do we say what Robert got? Because I cut you off?
Speaker 1: Uh? He actually got one?
Speaker 3: Nine?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah we did because Derek came to nine. We did. Derek, Yeah, he's my callback. Sometimes they don't know work m hmm uh yeah.
Speaker 1: So, man, I was pretty convinced Jordan was going home when it got down to you thought, when it got down how about when they were all just standing there, they hadn't sent a single name yet, who did you think was going home by that point? Elene?
Speaker 2: Me too. I thought it was a layer Dylan. Frankly, Man, I thought Dylan had at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I thought Dylan had the weakest dancing night to right.
Speaker 1: But think about consistency, Like Elaine did have some sixes and seven throughout the season and that and didn't dance one week, And I feel like has Dylan, Like I guess he's had he had some early sevens and sixes, but like he's been like eight plus for weeks now. I just feel like everybody else was in a different category. And you know, Elene is there for the journey and her story, but I was pretty sure she was going home when she got through right off the bat. It was like, well okay, And you.
Speaker 2: Know they did that on intentionally.
Speaker 3: Know everybody like you and I were sitting there going well, they know they know no Elaine's going home.
Speaker 2: So we're the first one we're going to announce is that a Laine is safe, and it is.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting, Like I'm trying to think how I felt, because I've watched American Idol, Like that's the show I've watched we start to finish through seasons many times me too, and enjoyed a lot, and I'm I don't like Dancing with the Stars. I feel like I want to keep watching even if everybody I like gets voted off. I don't know if I'd say the same thing about American Idol in other words, interesting. I don't know why that is. Maybe I just still watch American Idol for the singing a little bit more, and so if like all my favorite singers get off of mine, I don't care anymore. Whereas with this, like I want to keep watching like I'm right. So I don't know what that speaks to you. I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: I watched old school Idol. I haven't watched in a while.
Speaker 3: But the one thing I did like about Idol that that throws me about Dance with the Star still is the judging. Meaning, like the judges on IDLE, they're gonna be harsh or they're going to not be harsher to take, but their feedback and their scores don't matter.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't actually have scores, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't matter.
Speaker 1: They're just these are opinions and coaching and feedback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe some people are going to agree with Simon and vote against somebody or something like that.
Speaker 2: But for the most part, they just know it's a.
Speaker 3: Popularity contest and they're going to vote somebody through it, and so they at least don't try to hide it under the fact that it's like and the judges scores get forty five point two percent.
Speaker 1: Actually, maybe that's why I like this more, is because I feel like I will learn something about dancing even if all of my favorite dancers get kicked off. So actually I think it might be it.
Speaker 3: You can learn something about this, a discipline that we know nothing about, whereas idole, you can't really learn anything about singing.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, Like, that's what I mean. Like, so I think if all my favorite singers get kicked off the IDOL, I don't keep watching because there's no reason too. I'm like, oh, the entertainment factor has gone for me and the education factor is not really there.
Speaker 2: How do you do that as a TV show?
Speaker 3: How do you shut off a show with like weeks left to find out?
Speaker 2: How do you not complete that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That would kill me.
Speaker 1: I don't complete most TV shows.
Speaker 3: I say, oh, I have to complete everything. I mean a horrible book right now, and you have just I have to.
Speaker 1: I can't TV shows. I tap out pretty consistently. Episode three or four, I'm like, all right, I'll wait to see if anybody tells me this is worth it. Even if I love it the first second, I'll be like cool. By the third one, I'm like when they're well, now they're dragging this out. They couldn't wrap it up like a movie, so they're just gonna keep it going every week. It's like lost, Oh, you have polar Bears. We forgot about dude. Now it's a time travel thing and.
Speaker 3: Every season is just going what the is happening right now? Now there's a smoke monster? What that hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Tap out?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So came down to the bottom three which are not maybe technically the bottom three three three couples stand Which who were who wasn't? In this case, it was Jordan.
Speaker 2: It was It was Witty Whitney, Jordan and.
Speaker 1: Dylan, right, is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: And I was, yeah, I was like, oh, Jordan's going home and that situation. Only I thought there was a chance it could have been Dylan. I thought there was a chance it could have been Dylan. I just thought that. I figured the week is night, Yeah, but I figured his popularity was would override. But man, Whitney gone gone.
Speaker 3: If you go back and watch it again, she didn't seem shocked. She really didn't see So, I mean, my guess is the stuff we've heard about all this stuff going on on the internet this week shatter.
Speaker 2: She obviously watches all that stuff too. She's a young so she's on all this stuff.
Speaker 3: So she was probably like, I'll bet you at some point this week, I will I will bet all the money in my pockets right now. At some point this week she looked at her partner and went, I'm going home this week. You watched it as a matter how good we dance, They're gonna send me home this week. I will guarantee you that conversation took place.
Speaker 1: Well, who do you think is gonna win it all?
Speaker 2: Robert's right, what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: I guess we'll just we'll get to watch one final.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then let's let's reverse. It would the biggest shock of the season for you be Robert not winning the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, at this point, me too.
Speaker 3: It would be a bigger shock in Whitney leaving tonight would be Robert not winning the show.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: And it's been like a straight shot to the bulls eye since his first dance.
Speaker 3: We kept saying where do you go from here? He started at eleven? You and I were five feet away. We need when he did that dance.
Speaker 2: We're like, well, that's it. Where are you gonna go shut yourself in the foot? Nope, you just kept it at eleven, kept it at eleven. Pretty smart.
Speaker 3: It's like the thing that Pam says in the office where He's like, Hey, how are you gonna run that race today? She's like, well, I'm gonna start fast and then in the middle, i'm gonna go fast, and then I'm gonna end fast.
Speaker 2: And he's like, Wow, why don't more people do that? And that's what it's like. That's Robert.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm gonna start at eleven and I'm just gonna keep it there.
Speaker 2: Great, good plan.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it for this episode of Podmets Twirld. Join us next week as we finish watching season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars. We may not know Apostle Dole from a pastromion Rye, but we know what we learned way back in Phoene's class. Daniel Fischel was the star of the show. Podmeats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Daniel Fischl, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubach, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and boy meets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon, Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show, or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Y