Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. Oh yeah, hey, hey, hey, by the way, Thursday already, he said, Hell yeah, I say hey, hey, hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing it back. What's happening? What's happening everybody?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Raj?
Speaker 1: What's up? Danny G?
Speaker 2: Danny G is on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox Iowa. Sam is here, spots on the videos Covino and Rich FSR were streaming live on the YouTube. Low and Crown's got your updates. But it's going to be back in Los Angeles. Had a great time in Vegas for Cees. We were representing Yeah present, representing Zent. But we have lots of foods ball to get to.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: Man, it is Thursday, and Thursday's new Friday, so your football weekend is here.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it too, and we'd be rocking out and you can watch, Like Kavino said, YouTube dot Com slash at Covin and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go.
Speaker 2: Over every NFL wildcard game. We're gonna go over college football tonight and tomorrow again. Honestly, if you're a football fan like I am, I shouldn't have wore sweatpants today because I'm a little too excited about all the football.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I mean someone's putting a tingle of got your wildcard football dingle? You got ome missing in Miami, and then tomorrow we get to see your dude Mendoza.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's cup an Ethos.
Speaker 2: And let's not you know, we forget about Oregon and then of course you got six wildcard games. This is like a football fans ultimate weekend. Can't wait, can't wait as right now. If you miss any of today's show, it's gonna be Action Pack. You want to catch the podcast, search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcast. We have our best of there every day. There's a best of a condensed version, so follow rate and review five stars and you could watch what you hear later on, like we said, Covino and Rich FSR and a live chat always pop in if you want to talk some Smack Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 1: The live chat be popping.
Speaker 2: So it is Thursday, like I said, Rich, and what do we do every Thursday? We throw it back old school, win fifty hits. Let's just say, we're going to discuss some reality shows in between all the football. So start thinking to some of your favorites. All right, So let's let's start where we obviously need to start because we're gonna get to your NFL wildcard picks in a second. But oh man, no longer, mister Miami vice Mike McDaniel out to quote Vince McMahon.
Speaker 1: You're fuck. I love so.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't love that for Mike McDaniel. I'm just saying, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Do pretty good. Vince, right, you are fuck And it brings up a good question.
Speaker 2: You heard I loo in his update the consummate professional Isaac Lohancron.
Speaker 1: He dropped that the Lions have already reached down.
Speaker 2: And you know what, what a great idea because when they lost Ben Johnson, you could tell I was Sam. I'll give you credit because I'm not one that needs the credit for myself. You were the first to point out in the beginning of the year that they were missing a little something in Detroit without Ben Johnson, like something wasn't right offensively.
Speaker 1: Thank you the proprietary spice. Yeah, and you know Mike McDaniel could provide that spice. And here's my thought.
Speaker 2: My thought is, as much as I love Mike McDaniel, I'm a Niners fan, right, so to me, guys like him and Robert sala I wish they never left. Salah came back and I'm like, yes, But do you think there's guys that I know you want to get a head coaching job. I get it right, who wouldn't want that? But some people are such a great offensive or defensive mind that I almost want you to be like, no, no, no, specialize in that Mike McDaniel could be an offensive coordinator for any team. Would be welcoming that guy. But the reek of head coach to you, I don't know, That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not you know, I'm a fan like you guys are, But I love Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: When you coached four years and you had some success, do you want to make that step back? Is it viewed as a step back. It shouldn't be viewed as a step back if you're not a great at that. Not everyone's John Harbaugh. That's gonna have seven teams call you the next day. I think a guy like McDaniel is gonna get maybe some interviews, but he will be an offensive coordinator again before he's a head coach again.
Speaker 1: That's my prediction at least.
Speaker 2: But you got to ask yourself, Cavino, is there any shame in saying, Yo, I'm a really amazing play caller? What he was doing with the Niners offense or Kyle Shanahan. I do wonder that if he did have someone other than t how does Trump say his name to a Taglia If.
Speaker 1: You had someone other than Tua to a tag O, that guy, Yeah, if you had someone other than Tua, you think maybe Mike McDaniel could have made that s to work a little more.
Speaker 2: I feel like it answers, yet I feel like it was the personnel, not the schemes. That That's why I wonder if it would have been it would have been different if he's.
Speaker 1: The off question.
Speaker 2: If he's the O C Danny g for Detroit and he's there, you know, working with Campbell, and he's got Goff and Jamier Gibbs and you know Amras Saint Brown. You don't think Mike McDaniels would flourish.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: When you're the head coach, you're kind of like the CEO, so all of the team is your responsibility. Can't just put it on the quarterback. I understand what you're saying. You have a much better chance of keeping your job for a long time if you have a franchise QB.
Speaker 2: You know what's cool about the Mike McDaniel thing, though, is you know he's still forty two years old, so he can go back to be an offensive coordinator what he's great at, and become a head coach again if that's what he chooses to do in the future. My other biggest observation about Mike McDaniel. You ever see those pictures of presidents before and after they were the president and they go from like live to like look like.
Speaker 1: We've seen that of your coach Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Like usually head coaching, they always say the manager of the Yankees looks like hell after a few years. Usually US presidents look like crap. Mike McDaniel the reverse. Did you see the first day and last day on the job. He went from like a nerd to like look like a coche owner in Miami. He got a glow up, Mike, he got the glow up, the American idol glow up.
Speaker 5: We did we did halfway through the season when they're it was you guys, Remember it wasn't it. It wasn't even halfway through the season when there were all the rumors flying about him being fired. Then and we played. Sam played several of the clips where he just sounded very strange, ya, you know, talking to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Danny, I'll be the first one met as much as I love Mike McDaniel, I said, his goofy, quirky vibe works when you're winning. When you're losing, it's irritating to a fan, like what is this guy talking about when he's quirky and funny and you're winning again?
Speaker 1: Very different.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go over the numbers and let's post this question, all right, Fox Sports Radionation. The question is, well, what's next for him? You heard Rich not a head coaching job, So then what's next?
Speaker 1: What do you think? What team?
Speaker 2: Any predictions you want to share? He was thirty five and thirty three after four years. So he had a winning record, back to back winning seasons in twenty two, twenty three, seven and ten. This year, two years in a row, no playoffs. And that's really what I put the nail in the McDaniel head coaching coffin.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I'm sure it's going to work out for him.
Speaker 2: Rich I went to chat GPT, they immediately brought up the Lions.
Speaker 1: So I love how you asked chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, it's not a tool that I care about, but I see no, but I'm seeing how younger people use it almost like.
Speaker 1: The inside school, I am your fortune teller.
Speaker 2: They use it as not only a confidant and therapist, but almost as a fortune tea. Do you think Adam Schefter was in a waymo and it secretly was less any dude, I'm telling you. Look, wonderfour says the Lions already reached out. Lion's definitely a possibility as far as offensive coach, as far as head coaching. Kind of obvious, but Chad gibtsaying Cardinals, Giants, Browns, Raiders, Titans, Falcons, Ravens. McDaniel will likely be in the conversation for some of those vacancies once interviews begin. Hey, Danny, it's a great offensive reputation. Are you in your mind as a Raiders fan narrowed down who you want? I know, Giants fans are talking about Horba? Are you guys in that conversation you think.
Speaker 5: It's funny because over the past twenty four hours, Derek Carr has made some noise on social media.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I thought he's leaning more broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Well, no, not as head coach.
Speaker 5: He kind of just threw They talked about on he and his brother's podcast, Clint Kubiak, who was his OC in New Orleans before he moved on to his current team, and Kubiak as, you know, doing big things in Seattle, and that seems like it would be a great fit for the Raiders because they need a young offensive mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I think, uh, the same way we get excited about the draft and all, like Mendoza, where he's gonna where he's gonna go, Probably the Raiders. When we start speculating where players are going to go, where we start speculating.
Speaker 1: About, you know, where a lot of these free agents baseball are going to go. Said some pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Coaching carousel is equally interesting to because it's like where all these guys gonna end up? What does Mendoza get a lot of credit for it? You know, besides being likable is the fact that his football IQ is through the roof.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You don't think him and McDaniel wood vibe in that way. I think they totally would. Mike McDaniel as if you've seen any like little quick docu pieces on him, a savant. He went through some substance issues, right, and then he cleaned himself up. But he's always been like a really quirky, brilliant type of guy, major football brain.
Speaker 5: You know what I would like as a fan, though, a coach who is ascending, not a coach who seems maybe he's slipping back in the other direction. Pete Carroll he slipped backwards his last few seasons in Seattle. And it's funny we were talking yesterday about how he and his son refused to play the rookies in Vegas. That was kind of his m O in Seattle the last couple of years too. He had a horrid line there wasn't playing some of the rookies. The fans were getting frustrated and then that's what happened in Vegas.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like, I guess the word is retread.
Speaker 5: I want a guy that's like the next like you know, John Madden.
Speaker 3: Is that possible?
Speaker 1: I don't, you know, it might take a step back though.
Speaker 3: For what do you hit one in twenty coaches?
Speaker 5: Maybe when it's a young guy that's unproven or was just an OC or a DC.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting, It's uh, I'm always intrigued what goes into this process, Danny g Like, if you're the front office right when you're doing these interviews with these candidates, if you're Tom Brady and you know Davis and you're sitting down with candidates, like to what level you picking their brain versus looking at their boy of work Like I would be. I would love to be a fly on the wall at some of these meetings where you know, I guess i'd imagine that. Imagine you know, your whole Raiders front office just sitting down with like five different guys and to be in the room where it happens, as they said, and handle room where it happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Rich, how much of the conversation is about x'es and o's and schemes and personnel, you know what I mean, Like, how do you split that pie.
Speaker 1: Up versus like, do I like you exactly exactly?
Speaker 3: Like I think?
Speaker 2: Do I think you could command a fifty three man room? You know, Like it's interesting to me. And to quote former President Barack Obama, A lot of times, a lot of times you get in these rooms and you're assuming, like everyone's so brilliant. Remember he talked about this, but we've we've quote quoted Trump. Let me quote Obama. You remember he talked about when he was ascending to the presidency, he would find himself in rooms with really powerful men and women, and he's like, you quickly realize they ain't all that like you think. You think the process is way more complicated because you're just a fan. And not to not him, because he's a great guy. But I remember chopping it up a bunch with Steve Phillips MLB, former GM of the Mets. We would see him all the time in the kitchen at serious exam and we became pals, right, And I remember Steve Phillips and I talking about baseball all the time, and I would turn to Commedo and go like that was Steve Phillips. I thought that was Leslie Nielsen. I remember saying it cos I remember saying, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's a really cool dude. He was super But I remember thinking he's just a regular guy that was making decisions as a GM.
Speaker 2: Like is he Like, he's just a guy, and it goes my hero He's.
Speaker 1: On an erray.
Speaker 2: That's the truth. He's just another another person. I feel like I got the thumbs up from Loan Crown on that one. It's it's wild, but you.
Speaker 6: Are so true and people out there would not believe it. Like we've all been around people who have been longtime pro sports players, NFL, NBA players, is at the highest level, and you expect there to be some unlocked mystical dimension of insight that we will never achieve.
Speaker 1: But actually I'm absolutely.
Speaker 2: Right because everybody's just trying to figure it out at every truth in life, and so many people are just faking the funk. Yeah, you know, not to call anyone out because I don't want to be a d but Covino and I've done random TV shows and different things. Let's just say we recorded something once with an eighties TV star.
Speaker 1: And it was.
Speaker 2: It was a bit we did and it was really honestly simple liners like Cavino had three lines, maybe I have three lines and this guy had a couple of lines. It was just a quick little promo thing. I looked at Covino, I'm like, this guy was like an eighty superstar.
Speaker 1: He is brain dead, Yeah, And I was.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do like a simple thing, I tell you, and I have zero acting chops and we're looking at this guy who was a TV star, like, is this guy for real? Twenty takes and I remember ever being like, yo, we put people on a pedestal. That's why I would love to see and I think we do get a pretty cool glimpse sometimes inside the draft room Cavino at the NFL draft, where you see I love the clips where it's like, you know, certain sometimes like coaches and personals, kids will drift this guy and sometimes the kid's right, yeah, and the dad's wrong and he meanwhile the GM of a team. So it is interesting to see where Mike McDaniel lands my prediction coordinator or coach, my head coach. Yeah, my prediction is a safe one, not because I want to be safe, but I truly believe a team like Detroit or someone will say, you know, Mike McDaniel will be a head coach maybe again someday. But the next move for Mike McDaniel to me is obviously a team that's just missing. As Sam said, that that little extra Adobo, that little extra Lowry is that little seasoning on top that Mike McDaniel could bring into Terry Blend. Yeah, he could take a good offense and take it next level.
Speaker 5: The other issue is you really really need your head coach and your GM to be on the same page and the owner for that man, We've seen what happens with teams where there's a division between those those two guys or three guys.
Speaker 1: Did you hear speculation two that?
Speaker 2: And I don't blame him, but a guy like John Harbaugh is pretty much saying he's waiting to see all because there might be this speculation that if the Packers lose, Matt Lafleur could be on a hot seat. If the Bills lose in the round, in the first round against the Jags, maybe McDermott's time has done. So Harbaugh's in the position to sit back and say, you know what, I'll make a decision when I'm ready. And when he does make a decision, he's in a position where his resume would dictate that maybe he could even say I want to decide on all personnel like I want a good amount of power almost, you know, almost the way a legendary coach could. They're giving John Harbaugh a lot of props out there.
Speaker 1: No no doubt. All right, So your thoughts did you expect that, by the way, Jenny j to wrap it up, did you expect Harbaugh to get the respect he's getting after this firing, Like we're talking teams rolling out the red carpet, like every vacancy's like John Harbaugh.
Speaker 5: I did remember my initial reaction when Ilo broke the news was he's going to get a job before the week's over.
Speaker 2: You remember that, I think you said more within forty eight hours, not guaranteed.
Speaker 3: And first of all, I don't sound anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, all right, So your thoughts next right here on Covino and Rich and stick around because old school in fifty hits, we're talking reality shows.
Speaker 1: We got more next on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, you're facing hiring headaches? Is that is that your problem?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm facing regular headaches thanks to you. Yeah, hey, hang with me. It happens.
Speaker 2: Sometimes staffing your business is complex, not easy, high turnover, skills, gaps, and ever changing regulations. It could slow your growth and drain your resources. That's why Express Employment professionals. They come in with decades of staffing expertise. Express connects you to a larger pool of qualified candidates, helping you reduce turnover and building the right size workforce. You could get started at expresspros dot com need to flex your staff for peak seasons or special projects. Express Employment Pros offers contracts staffing so you can scale up or down with ease, preventing burnout and boosting productivity. You don't have to flex when you read that worried about compliance Express days. On top of ever changing employment laws, Express is recognized for excellence, earning clearly Rated's Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction. Don't let hiring challenges hold you back hold your business back. Visit expresspros dot com, find your local office and discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster. If hiring is taking away your growing business. Get your support you need from Express. Don't spend your time weeding through spam online applicants. Hire fast with Express Express Employment professionals, building your workforce, supporting your success.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube Channel four, the show That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: Oh, you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Man, this is why people need to hit us up. Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. Watch what you hear because you gotta see Iowa Sam's dance moves. Honestly, it's impressive. Iowa Sam is our sound architect. It's like there's an earthquake and he's our resident dancer. It's like SKA in the early nineties. Remember scot Ska music like the Tidy Whitey Boss Tones. There was a guy that just danced. I was Sam was the guy that just danced. Yeah, that's Sam for us. And of course Spot is on the videos manning the videos.
Speaker 1: I see, I would say.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely went through like a rusted root phase. Oh yeah, he definitely wore like a kind of music. Yeah, send me him away sway yeah, way, yeah, I could see that. Spots on the videos. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube to see what you hear. Danny g is our super producer on the Phones eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. He's the guy that helps us come up with all these great ideas every day. Couldn't do it without him. It's good to be back in Los Angeles. Covino and Rich. We got lowin Chrown with your updates. But Rich, before we get into all your picks and everything, lots of football this weekend. Yeah, yeah, serious question because I see what people say on social media and I know there's like a stigma of moving backwards sometimes, Like do you look at being a head coach back to a defensive coordinator like your boy Salah or Mike McDaniel here, if he were to go back to an offensive coordinator, is that a step back.
Speaker 1: In your mind?
Speaker 2: I think employment is the most important thing, and I'm not trying to be like righteous, but I think about that. Sometimes I'll watch a movie or something with my wife and it'll be like a cheesy movie and I'm like, ah, that actor used to be in like more legit stuff like but but they're getting work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a job.
Speaker 2: When I see solid, like when I see him, for example, I don't look at it that way, but I see a lot of people say they'll be like a reality show like villains all living in a house, and it's like, oh, they used to be like on reality shows that mattered.
Speaker 3: Well, So we're going to talk a rendality shows here in a few minutes.
Speaker 5: But it's like sala, he's up for head coaching gigs again, So it's almost like one step back to get too forward again.
Speaker 3: Once Jack reprove yourself.
Speaker 2: You know what, it makes me think of something speaking of righteous and cheesy rich You might like this one, but it's a meme that someone sent me. Our buddy Cloveman has sent me this when I was going through a divorce, and it sort of applies if you look at it as a negative or a step back in life. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties or you got fired or whatever it means, it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming. Sometimes in life, I mean, aside from coaching, in life, you have to move backwards to move forward.
Speaker 1: And that's so true. Why'd you be your phone down text O to Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: You know what I was gonna. Yeah, I'm gont dmm at the m Mike McDaniel right now for inspiration. But he might not need it. He's forty two years old. He's in a great situation. So anyway, your thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Cavino and Rich and your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and save with no application fee through February eleventh at University of Maryland Global Campus. This new year, put your goals within reach at an accredited state university. Learn more at UMGC dot edu. And it's time we do it.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 2: Wild Card Weekend could somewhat hit a six for six parlay. It's not easy, is I remember the In the past, No one's gone six and oh our pall Llarina, who now works with Ben Mallory went oh and six, which, by the way, you could say is equally tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like Danny g said the following week, she went.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not easy because that was that's when we did this during the regular season. It's not easy to get all these all right, let's sell, let's go game by game, and honestly, we're doing point spread and I'll throw in five or ten bucks for everyone my treat and we'll see if we get hit a parlays our good friends at DraftKings, Rams at Panthers. Now, this is this is a wild one because if you remember Week thirteen of the NFL, the Panthers upset the Rams. And I'm not saying it's week thirteen because we've you know, every week, you know, a month and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Can we know in football might as well be ten years ago. Changes a lot.
Speaker 2: But it gives Carolina some confidence. You know, we beat this team at home, all right, But whether it matters or not they think that. Here here's the rub Panthers, ten and a half point underdogs. If you don't mind, I'll start this one. I'm taking the Panthers. I don't think they win the game, but ten and a half. You know what this reeks of back door cover where Rams are killing them fourth quarter, mcveigh's like, we got bigger fish to fry, takes out a couple of key players back door touchdown that means nothing for the Panthers, and they cover. So I'm going Panthers not winning but covering the ten and a half. Man, I agree with you there. I know that's not fun, but they do. You could just go what he said, Yeah right, I think I think a lot of us are gonna agree with you on this one. I mean, but you know what, you could argue completely agree. I think the Rams win, but just not by that much.
Speaker 1: But you know what you saw.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the Cardinals are ass but they played the Rams tough in the first half of that game in Week eighteen, because you know, as a Niners fan, I was hoping that there was a big upset there. But the Rams had this ability to score quick and a lot. That game was like ten ten and then all of a sudden, you blink your eyes and they're up by twenty. So I was sam, any thoughts on this or what you want my pick here? Yeah, I'm gonna go bold here I'm gonna go a little fourk in the room. I'm gonna go a different directions, say that the Rams cover what was it again?
Speaker 1: Ten and a half?
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, I'm gonna say they cover that they pound the panthers here.
Speaker 2: It's not crazy, Danny g Are you you rolling Camino and I or you think there's a pounding that's happening?
Speaker 5: Ten and a half is too many. I feel like Bryce Young is going to show up and it's gonna be closer than ten. I think maybe the Rams could pull away and win by a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Hey, Spot, is a pounding on your agenda this weekend? I'm here for a pounding, but not talking about the Rams. No.
Speaker 8: I do think the Rams actually will will dominate. So I'm gonna go with the Rams on this one. And Sam and Isaac long Crown a man of genius.
Speaker 1: Real man of genius.
Speaker 3: When did that start?
Speaker 1: What's up, buddy?
Speaker 6: What do you think Isaac started at birth? I'm actually gonna go with Spot and Iowa, Sam. I think the Rams are gonna cover.
Speaker 1: Come join our poundings over here. You're saying there's gonna be a good rogering in Charlotte. Laser reference right, very good.
Speaker 2: Here we go your Saturday night game, which, by the way, what a great time for this game to air because everyone's gonna be eating dinner on the West coast.
Speaker 1: Everyone's gonna be chilling at eight o'clock on the East coast.
Speaker 3: What are the NFL's most glorious rivalries?
Speaker 1: Oh, Danny G.
Speaker 2: You should be doing voice of work for the NFL. Packers are going to Chicago. It's Packers by one and a half. They're a road team giving one and a half, which you know, it might as well be a pick them, but we'll keep the points bread in mind. But Packers Bears. Let's start with you, Danny G. What are you feeling?
Speaker 5: This one is tough for me because on our prediction sheet in studio prior to the season, I picked Green Bay to go to the Super Bowl. But Chicago feels like a special year for them. It just does. And this might be a snow game I'm reading, and I feel like Chicago can control the clock enough to eke out the w It's going to be a close, but I'm taking Chicago.
Speaker 2: Not to put Ilo on the spot, but Ilo any key injuries, I'm just not reminding myself.
Speaker 6: Really so Roma Dunsay and DJ Moore off the injury report. There full goes CJ. Gardner Johnson ruled out by the Bears. Zach Tom Paid, Packers offensive tackle listed as questionable. But that's that's all we've got, right.
Speaker 2: I gotta be I gotta be a little bit of a family Homer. My wife and her family are Packers fans. And it's too close to call. I think Matt Lafleur his job might be on the line, right, and they took it east. They took it easy last week, you know, like a lot of teams did. I think Packers in a close just based on Matt Lafleor's experience. And I think there's plenty of great stuff in store for the Bears.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I'm just gonna go Packers, Sammy man, they know Michael Parsons for the Packers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And here's here's the deal. The Packer season has been was good and then it's just like last I don't know, six games or so, it's just been sort of lackluster. It's been sort of falling apart. So I'm gonna go with the Bears here. I'm gonna go the Bears win this game.
Speaker 2: Cove and I think Iowa Sam nailed it right there and what Danny G said, because Bears look like they have a special thing going on. Kayler Williams is playing confidence.
Speaker 3: They could run the ball.
Speaker 1: They could run the.
Speaker 2: Ball now, and it's just he's got that arm to make that difference. And they're playing at home. No one's really mentioned that at Soldier Field. I'm going Bears.
Speaker 1: I just want to remind everyone.
Speaker 2: I know it was a meaningless game last week for the most part, but the Lions did handle the Bears in Chicago, so it's not like, you know, the Bears put up that thirty eight points against the Niners in that really close battle, but last week the Bears were not the same.
Speaker 3: I feel like they were looking ahead that.
Speaker 4: It's possible Lockers have lost four straight games. They've lost four straight to in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Isaac Lohencron thoughts on the Bears pack.
Speaker 2: I think Sam nailed it with the Parsons comment, you just give Williams that much more time. I think that's what I don't know, man, I think the Bears got it rich spotty boy. I think I'm gonna go with the Bears on this one. But I'm still gonna I'm gonna say it's a tight game. I'm gonna say Bears by a field goal. Yeah, and they cover with that, well, they.
Speaker 1: Were if it were anything more than a well, the Packers are actually a point a half favorite.
Speaker 3: So interesting.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go to Sunday. Sunday Sunday. Say, let's move on to.
Speaker 2: Sunday, which arguably is the most unpredictable game of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Has Liam Neeson said in the movie Taken good luck? Actually he didn't say it. The killer said it good luck? Bill's at Jags? How do you Sin said?
Speaker 1: I will find you and I will kill you, and I will kill you.
Speaker 2: Bill's at Jags. Is this Josh Allen's moment to shine? Or is this Trevor Lawrence's time to say, yo, it's my fifth year.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, son, Danny g I'll start with you.
Speaker 3: What do you think? All right?
Speaker 5: Well, this is gonna be interesting to watch. Cook is the number one running back in the NFL, of course a Bill and the Jags have the number one run defense, So can they bottle up the best back in the league with their top rank run defense?
Speaker 3: That's gonna be the key to this game.
Speaker 5: That means that all the weight will be put on Josh Allen's shoulders here, and I do think that he delivers and plays a great game. But I gotta go Jags here, Covino.
Speaker 2: I'm going Jacks too. What have we We've been saying this for the past few weeks now. The Bills have fought for every win they had. I don't think they beat the Jaguars all right. This this is the game that I think everything is pointing at Duval Coach of the Year candidate, and you know, Trevor Lawrence coming into his own I just feel like Josh Josh Allen sees this little window as a chance. Like if he doesn't do it now, when will he ever do it? I'm rolling Josh Allen Bills. Let's go spot. What's the spread again? Uh so too close to call? Bill Bills are favor by one and a half. So field goal covers for either you know whatever?
Speaker 8: You know, Yeah, I know, I think it's going to be another no pounding in uh in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: But I do think it is going to be a tight game. But Jack's edge out by like a point or two. Sammy boych let's say by three points, Sammy, I mean the Bills have they I'm against all instinct. I've got to pick the bill I mean, I know they're a favorite, but I feel like they're gonna lose. But I'm gonna take them to winn Cover anyway.
Speaker 2: All right now, the game that is, uh, maybe I should have taken jen very emotion not very.
Speaker 1: Emotional for me.
Speaker 2: You know, my dad called me on my way to work today and he's like, you know, Richie, Uh, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: Besh and Philadelphia so much. There's a lot of crazy people. Can I tell you my mom called me and said the same thing. She's like, I do you think rich saying all that stuff was a good thing to apologize to Philadelphia and crazy. Better have Mike runs his place escort you to your car after the show. Goodness, I mean part of the culture.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, there has to be some trash talking, especially this time of the year. If anyone understands trash talking fluently, it's Eagles fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Eagles fans. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Nah, you're speaking their language. Man, forty nine ers going to Philly. I'll start as a Niners fan. The Homer part of me is like, they're gonna win the game. They're gonna show you. I saw Williams practicing, Ricky Piersoll doing some light workouts, Fred Warner doing sprints.
Speaker 1: Don't count on that.
Speaker 2: But even if they don't win, that point spread up went up to five and a half.
Speaker 1: Five and a half's a lot. I think the Niners cover.
Speaker 2: I want them to win, obviously, but I think regardless they cover. I like the Niners here, we're forgetting that before the Seahawks stifled them, they were scored forty points a game.
Speaker 1: They didn't punts for two months.
Speaker 2: I'm not tucking smack. I'm saying it respectfully. I think they cover. I think they win. I think your forty nine.
Speaker 1: Ers win this game. I really do.
Speaker 2: I want to see the Eagles prove me wrong. But like we said about Buffalo, Danny G, I just don't feel it's their year, Like it hasn't felt like they're a year at all.
Speaker 1: So I'm going forty nine ers, Danny J.
Speaker 5: I think this is gonna end with a last second field goal, so rich, even if the Eagles pull it out like that, it would still be like a twenty to seventeen win. So I got to go with your Niners here. That's too many points, Sammy boy.
Speaker 1: Eagles win, but the Niners cover the five and a half okay, Spotaniel Rich?
Speaker 8: I you know you're my pal and my heart wants to go with the forty nine Ers pounding the Eagles. But I'm gonna say Eagles by a touchdown, So I'm gonna say they cover.
Speaker 1: Is it your girl? Is it your gumaud of Philip Phillies fans? Is I have to go with that? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 1: Go Birds, Go birds?
Speaker 2: Is this guy you know he goes with the acid instead of his best friends?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: All right, Chargers Patriots, Let's let's rapid fire this.
Speaker 2: Chargers at Patriots Patriots Drake May Mike Rabel three and a half point favorites. I would say, if you want to start or what, I'll give you the least favorite. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Patriots are three and a half point five. They're at home.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: Maybe that Patriots schedule is is super soft like nice two play toilet paper. I'm gonna take the Chargers to win this game.
Speaker 2: Chargers are gonna win, you know, Sammy, I'm backing you here, not that I think they win. But if this game is a field goal game, I want to be shocked. And sometimes that hook, as they called in gambling, that half a point is like oh, because if it's a close game with the Patriots went by field goal, you lose the bet.
Speaker 1: So I like the Chargers, and Harbaugh is prepared. Man, he's a he's a gamer. So I like. I like the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Danny, sorry to our Chargers, super homie, Luis, but that old line is too suspect. Patriots will find a way to get to Herbert. Patriots win this.
Speaker 1: Game, cove Man.
Speaker 2: Man, it feels like a dream season for Drake may Rich. You ever go in one of those hippie shops and they hand you a stone and they put it in your hand, Do you feel anything? Yeah, And like, I never feel anything. I don't feel anything from this game.
Speaker 1: I don't feel this crystal. Yeah, yeah, I might.
Speaker 2: I don't feel feel the power, the vibration, the energy of the stone. I'm like, no, nothing. But just based on Drake may being in the conversation for m v P and we've talked about them all season. Yeah, I'm going New England here. They're at home home that's that's the only thing I can.
Speaker 1: Give you here. That's botty.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with the Patriots, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Another girlfriend and like it's from the New England area.
Speaker 8: They're they're here's the only reason I'm going by. I heard a stat somewhere and I don't know, it was probably some it had nothing to do with anything. But when West Coast teams play East Coast teams later in the evening, their their bio rhythms are off and they don't necessarily thrive. So where I think the Chargers would dominate and pound this game. I feel like the Patriots are gonna have that slight edge, cover the spread, and I'm gonna go with the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got that, Patriots. You know, we got our Monday night game.
Speaker 3: We'll do next.
Speaker 2: Well, let's first go to our buddy I Lo for an update. What's up bylow Isaac.
Speaker 6: Thank you fellows. Today, the Miami Dolphins fired head coach Mike McDaniel after four seasons. However, NFL media reported this afternoon that the Detroit Lions have already reached out to McDaniel about their offensive coordinator job. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired offensive coordinator Josh Grizzard as well as special teams coordinator Thomas mcgahey. The Baltimore Ravens interviewed Broncos defensive coordinator Vance Joseph for their head coaching job and have requested an interview with forty nine Ers defensive coordinator Robert Sala. The Cleveland Browns are interviewing incumbent offensive coordinator Tommy Rees as well as incumbent defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz for their head coaching job. Bears receivers rom A Doonsay and Dj Moore are off the injury report and her full goes for Saturday's game against the Packers. Finally, in college football, the agent for current Washington Huskies quarterback DeMont Williams today announced that he is cutting ties with Williams due to philosophical differences. Williams entered the transfer portal four days after signing a four million dollar contract to stay at Washington. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Isaac, Isaac. Now the one final game. We'll get to that next. Think about it. Rogers at home in the playoffs versa an unproven young I arguably better team. We'll do our predictions for that and we'll go old school next right here on Cavino on writch. It all comes down to this one game, the best of the best playing for the Lombardi. So if you're watching at home, watch it like it matters. On the TCL Ultimate Series, the QM eight K or the QM nine K.
Speaker 1: This is Super Bowl football coming up.
Speaker 2: Damn skimpy bright stadium lights, fast cuts, big hits, and bigger debates.
Speaker 3: Was he end?
Speaker 1: Did it move? Did the ball cross the line?
Speaker 2: TCL brings the ultimate brightness and the ultimate black level, so the picture stays clean from kickoff to the final drive. It's so clear you can almost smell the fresh cut grass. You see the ball spin on the deep shot. That's whole dragon. The sideline that's not fresh cut grass. Uh no blur, no hold up, run it back and go big. The Ultimate Series is available in a massive ninety eight inch class, so every seat is a great seat, not just for the people in the middle. Yeah, when it comes to TV's Covino's a real size queen. If he can't get to the stadium. TCL is the Ultimate Series, and it's the next best seat available at all major retailers. TCL the official TV partner of the NFL. Here for Super Bowl sixty. All around the world's statues crumble for Steve, I'm Steve Covino. That's Rich Davis back in LA. You can see us Comino and Rich FSR. What's the chat popping about?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 2: Let me let me get the check and Rich FSR as Sammy Boy plays some sugar Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mark McGrath, I gotta give him shout up because we worked with him for years at Serrius XM. And you know, you know what he said to me one time in the hallway. Were you gonna say this? Oh, zip up your fly?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 2: He said, uh, zip up you fly? No, he said, hey man, I saw him in the bathroom. He goes and we're looking in the mirror fixing our pompadoos and he goes, you ever see face more nineties than mine? And I'm like, now, you know none of you mentioned it now on a very nineties face. He doesn't have a nicety face, very very nice guy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: You know what we are, you know, having too much damn fun. We gotta do it.
Speaker 5: When I make an executive decision. Sure, I think we're gonna have to start old school in fifty hits at the beginning of our two.
Speaker 1: All right, well, will the people do well because you.
Speaker 5: Know, because listen, we're gonna do the play of the day right now, and then we have the Monday night game to pick.
Speaker 2: That sounds good, all right, So we're live in the Fox Sports Radio studio. It is time for our Tyreq play the day. The Thunder got it done against the Jazz in overtime last night.
Speaker 9: Say's got forty two points tonight, straight away on the bounce, guarded by Clayton on a switch, works to the foutline, spins down the lan, lays it upright handed, missus hold on the punch. Thunder by two two.
Speaker 2: The Thunder Here the Thunder courtesy of WWLS Thunder Radio Network.
Speaker 1: That was the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Thanks to tirek over forty years, Tyrak's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com.
Speaker 1: Right tire buying should be thanks again to tire Rack.
Speaker 2: I mean still dominating, but Okay, see Danny, a little back to reality where they look beatable at least, because there was a minute where you like, I think.
Speaker 1: They're those two games all year.
Speaker 5: Well, the Spurs are the team that brought them back down to earth, but they're still, yeah, the most dominant team, know it is.
Speaker 2: It's those scary karate kicks, kicks to the rim from Wemby.
Speaker 5: You know, after what the Spurs, I mean, they were without Lebron, but after what the Spurs did the Lakers, you could argue the Spurs are right up there with a Thunder right now.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, Danny, I mean, I don't want to I don't want to run too late. We'll get to wire less game. But speaking of basketball, when I was in Vegas, I looked at the odds for the NBA title. The Thunder still so far ahead of every other team that if you do want to wager on an NBA champion, every other team is so far back.
Speaker 1: Like the Spurs.
Speaker 2: Odds are like a great betters bet because everyone assume Vegas. This is assuming a repeat by the Thunder. So if you want to get in on that action, the Spurs got some pretty good odds, all right, So we got our final game and Danny g I'm gonna throw it to you because you want to get the listeners involved.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Spotty had a great idea during the break. He said, Hey, let's give out the email address and if you would like to pick your six and you hit all six, we will mail you a CNR prize package. I like that, all right, So email to me your six picks. Use the spread, the DraftKings spread to see our prizes at gmail dot com. That's see our prizes at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you hit all six, then you have to prove that you follow us on YouTube and then nam and we'll hook you up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no catches, except you got to go six for six.
Speaker 1: If you go six for six, you deserve a convene on Rich prize. But we're down to the last game.
Speaker 2: We did our picks, and now we end up on Monday night Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers Mike Tomlin keeps his job for now and they host the Houston Texans, who you could argue has one the best defenses in the league and they're hot.
Speaker 1: Who do you got in the NFL?
Speaker 2: You hear that you can only stay that hot for so long, so you wouldn't No, I am because I'm going. I know you're not supposed to, but what are my stakes here? I'm going with my heart And it's not that I'm a big Aaron Rodgers guy, but there's a lot to prove, there's a lot to gain, and they got DK back and I think he has a lot to prove. So I'm going Pittsburgh here. You know, I love the story Aaron Rodgers, DK Metcalf at home. You know, probably feels a little bad about what went down, so he's gonna be gaming and balling added motivation.
Speaker 3: So you know what.
Speaker 2: The reality though, I want to I want the Steelers to win for the story, but Houston's too good. I'm going Texas.
Speaker 3: Okay, Minny got quick for me.
Speaker 5: It feels like some Aaron Rodgers Tomlin magic after that last game, I'm going Steelers, Sammy.
Speaker 4: As much as I would love to see Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers continue into the postseason, I'm going to take the Houston Techans to win and cover it another while.
Speaker 2: Though, how we kind of want to see that where we went from hating Rogers to like getting down with the story.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry by the way that that spread us three. So Houston needs to win by three. Spotty wrapping up yeeha Texans Texans.
Speaker 2: So all right, so if we picked the Texans, we all agree they covered by three, right, Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: And again see our prizes at gmail dot com if you want to give us your picks, and I'll post all of our picks at Covine and Rich. We go old school next right here on Fox Sports Radio.