Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zeema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. And it has been a huge, huge weekend here in Austin. We are saying goodbye to house guests who are leaving because they've been in for Formula one. The world has come to Austin, Texas, and we are now saying goodbye to everybody. It's been such a good weekend.
Speaker 2: So both of our first f one experiences. For those who might not know Formula one is racing? Does that he describe it? I mean, it's it's the.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, I went into a pretty that's all unaware, per usual. Did a poll on my Instagram. Is professional racing a sport? Seventy percent of people said yes. Thirty percent of people said no. Like let me, I mean, listen, we all know how I feel about sports. Now I will say this is certainly an elevated sporting experience. Lots of ava, leble cocktails, lots of available seating. We were in the shade, which I'm grateful for. But like, I do think these drivers are athletes because they seem to have to really work out and it's a very physically demanding situation. Right, But the car is also very.
Speaker 1: Involved, right this? Okay, so this is the car your teammates. I like that. I love your perspective. I know we're not going to dive into sports and get too deep in the weeds here, but I love that you your thirty thousand foot perspective is great. Like, the car seems pretty involved here, it is incredibly evolving.
Speaker 2: Well, some people debate cheerleading. I'm like, there's no question for me. Cheerleading's a sport athleticism, dangerous, super physically.
Speaker 1: Easily the most dangerous sport.
Speaker 2: With this, you got a car, and you're paying for the car. But then I think maybe the cars your teammate people are. You know, you pay a lot for really good athletes on your team.
Speaker 1: So I guess it's just say, do you feel about jockeys in horse racing? Because the horse power is kind of important, the horses, the.
Speaker 2: Horse your teammates. Yes, as we head into the world of artificial and intelligence, the car could really become your teammate. It could talk right back to you. And so so I'm here to say I agree with the seventy percent. F one is a sport.
Speaker 1: It is. And look here's here. Because I was a sportscaster for a long time and people say, well, bowling or golf. I said, look, not all sports are created.
Speaker 2: Is not a sport? Bowling is a game that might be a hot take. Bowling's a game.
Speaker 1: Wow, Norm Duke rolling over in his grave. I just named a professional bowler. So this it is. It's a very interesting debate of what is a sport? Who are athletes? And you're right, yeah, Bowling's a game. You and I can go do it. I can also go play golf. But so we went to F one. And here's the cool thing about F one. This is an inn.
Speaker 2: How cute the drivers are.
Speaker 1: How cute the drivers are? This is this was let's pause for that a number one.
Speaker 2: Oh, he doesn't want to talk this.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to say. This absolutely happened in my truck on the way to catch our ride to the F one, which we'll talk about in a minute. Lauren and our other house guests decided to look up on rank dot com who the hottest F one drivers are.
Speaker 2: Well, you're me, It's okay, I don't know what ranger dot com is that I know. So we looked at we googled hottest drivers in Formula one ranked, and what comes up is ranker dot com the hottest F one driver's rank. So was the best Google of my life. Google really delivered exactly what we were looking for, as did ranker dot com. Now here's the thing. A lot of people, and including our friends who are staying with us, I've gotten into F one because of the Netflix show Drive to Survive. It's a docuseries following the drivers and the teams and all that. I actually haven't watched it yet, maybe I will now, Chris, has you loved it?
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with it. They did such a good job, but it's made.
Speaker 2: It like and I will watch it because I love sports documentaries. But it's made it kind of explode in America in the past couple of years in a way it never had before. So I'm kind of talking to these other women who are in the car with us, our friends who love it. I'm like, well, what got you guys so obsessed with it? And I have heard from a lot of women it's because the drivers are cute and.
Speaker 1: So that they're Italian they're Dutch.
Speaker 2: Speaking foreign languages to us. And I also didn't really realize. I think I thought it was all about the cars. No, it is about the drivers. You get to F one and the drivers pictures are everywhere, and you're kind of, you know, like you might be team Mercedes, but you're really like team Lewis Hamilton who drives from Mercedes.
Speaker 1: Babe. That was the sexiest that you are dropping.
Speaker 2: Knowledge there for like eight hours.
Speaker 1: But still I like that you pick this up. But you're right, Max Verstappen is the hottest driver in the world right now.
Speaker 2: I mean talent wise or physically hottest.
Speaker 1: Sorry I met talent wise.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I would say he's pretty cute too.
Speaker 1: I would say he's average in the field of drivers as far as looks. You know, he's no LaClair, He's no Lewis Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I enjoyed it. Look at the end of the day, I respect it. I know a lot of intelligence and physical labor and money goes into all this. But they are just driving around in circles and that's what you're watching for two hours.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not as much NASCAR circling, where you know, basically NASCAR, you stayed to the left, you get back as quick as you can. This is you know, winding roads and turns and hills.
Speaker 2: But you can only see so much.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming a cynic, a skeptic. I don't know the perfect word. Maybe I'm a hater. I'm becoming anti big live events with tons of people.
Speaker 1: It's so hard justus. We're getting old.
Speaker 2: No, I don't Okay, Well, I guess I would be interested to know years ago how many people like went to a typical I mean, I don't know. I guess concerts have always been big, but for example, at this point, concerts tours. Every stop on a tour is so many people, and events like this are so many people that it's so hard to feel like like up close with the event. And then I will also say, now, television production has gotten so good that if you're watching this F one race from home, they're cutting to a million cameras and they're inside the pit, and they've got mics on the drivers and the cars, and you're hearing what the drivers are saying. The at home experience I think is better.
Speaker 1: There are certain sports that we created here in America for and we didn't create all the sports, but for TV. They're made for TV football you can see from end to end, you can see all the players. But even that, HDTV has kind of ruined that experience because I would much rather sit at home and watch the Masters or watch golf because I can watch every hole instead of just one. And you're right when you're at Formula one, which is a huge international following, it has for so many decades. But when you're there, you're talking about a four square mile area that tracks about over three miles, so you can't see all three miles clearly, but hundreds of thousands of people pack into this huge park to watch this.
Speaker 2: Now, I do want to, on the note of all those people, give you credit for delivering the classic Bachelor experience. When it came to how we arrived and left this race, I was spoiled. I am grateful. There were a ton of people, and we had heard it was taking three hours to get in and out of the track.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So we did get on a helicopter and we flew in and out, and Chris Harrison gave me the Bachelor experience with the helicopter and it was awesome and it was like a five minute helicopter ride, So thank you.
Speaker 1: That was wee.
Speaker 2: I was very spoiled.
Speaker 1: Luckily we have the friends that we were able to find a chopper ride in and so we just flew right and it was beautiful to fly over Austin and into the track and see it from that vantage point and also get out. The main thing is getting out because when you arrive, everyone kind of arrives at a different time. But at sporting events, when it's over, that's go time, and so when hundreds of thousands of people leave at the same time, it's a nightmare. So we did fly out.
Speaker 2: You know who flew out right before us, We saw him, Prince Harry. Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 1: Interesting becausead Or a least favorite redhead.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, we were thinking about, like I know, we've talked about Harry and Meghan before and we've kind of had our we could get into it. We've had our varying opinions that my opinion on them has swayed back and forth so much over the past couple of years, starting with when I went with Entertainment Tonight and I covered their wedding. I was in England, in Windsor. They drove, they went by me in the carriage in there on their wedding day, and it was such a beautiful day. I was so happy. Everyone was so happy and excited for this new chapter for the royal family and how far they fall, and like, it was really interesting because Harry literally, you guys, we saw him. He was just to I mean, I don't know how many yards away from us was he. We saw him getting on the hell of that was taking off before us. And I think in years past, the people who are near us would have been like, oh my god, Prince Harry, we love him. Oh my god. People barely even got out of their chairs to glance. Nobody cared. And then everyone said, oh he annoys me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, wow, the so let me paint the picture for you. There's a couple of tents. There was a couple of companies running these choppers and it's like, I mean, it's a buffet. You're just they're running you in and out, just getting people on choppers, getting you out and coming back. And so this Mercedes pulled up and there's you know, a bunch of us just milling around waiting for our turn to kind of get on the helicopter and this Mercedes pulls up, tinted windows, not much fanfare it. It was the only car that was allowed to kind of pull out towards the helicopters. The rest of us, you know, lower people. We walked and the car opens and it's Prince Harry. And like you said, there was one dude holding a beer goes huh Prince Harry, and everyone else was like huh. The amount of apathy too. Nobody cared at all that Prince Harry was getting out, And it was funny because they they were making more pomp and circumstance at him. His his security was there, and his security.
Speaker 2: Was rushing him, rushing him in and out.
Speaker 1: You know, guarding him and holding like as if someone I don't know, someone's going to take a shot at him. But it was really funny because.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to mean, I'm sure he has real security.
Speaker 1: Nobody could have cared less or cared more, especially.
Speaker 2: With the women. I thought a few years ago, oh yeah, I mean people crushed on Prince Harry. It would have been, oh my gosh, there.
Speaker 1: He is, and no one even pulled out their phones. Now one person took a picture. No one took video, and I know they showed him on the telecast, so I saw him there. But it was really funny that, you know, of all the celebrities there, you know, I know, Drew Barrymore was there cold.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan had gotten on a chopper a few minutes before us. Some people were way more excited that Joe. They'd seen Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny too, is when to hear people talk. I I love being a fly on the wall when people talk about celebrity. He's that. And I'm not friends with Joe Rogan, but I know him and I know his past, and I know where he comes from, his comedic background and how he got to his show, The Crazy Show where they ate all the crazy stuff, oh fear Fact, deear Factor. And it's funny to be able to hear people make up what they think they know because so they're they're like, well, yeah, he does his podcast now, but he did the fighting thing. The guy's like UFC. Yeah, They're like was he a fighter and they're like, yeah, yeah, he was a fighter, and they're like they come up with this crazy thing about his life. Very little of it was true. I wanted to just go guys. You know, he was a comedian. He worked the comedy store there on Sunset Boulevard. Then he did Fear Factor, and it was it was really funny to hear people, especially when you know them or you know about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is why studies show that people make horrible eyewitnesses is very, very wrong most of the time.
Speaker 1: You're right. There was a buzz in the tent that Rogan had just come through and got on a chop.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know then, I mean, now I am going to get into it with the ladies and I were kind of talking about Harry and Meghan. Again. It's amazing how much that topic can still kind of fire me up because I think now there's a lot of talk, you know, the show Suits is crushing it on streaming. There's talk about a revival of the show Suits, and we were wondering would Meghan come back and do that? Would she act again? I think very much potentially yes, because what else are they doing And at a certain point they're going to need money. I mean, I know Bill Simmons, who runs The Ringer, had come out and called them grifters and said they just try to get stuff for free all the time, which was a pretty damning statement. But one of our friends said, or maybe, as you said, I don't think she'd do that because she's going to think she's above it.
Speaker 1: My take is this, and it is a little bit of that. She would love to do it. I bet if you asked deep down and she gave an honest answer, she would love to come back and do it. She won't probably allow herself because she needs to feel like she's above it. She needs to be above it and this status in life, the where she is now. Look, they made it be a step down for her to come back and act on an easily little show.
Speaker 2: They made a huge amount of money. I thought, way too much money on their Netflix deal for that docuseries in terms of what they've actually delivered Netflix, the amount of content they've delivered for how much Netflix paid.
Speaker 1: They've delivered them a dumpster fire of debt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, then they made way too much money on the Spotify deal. Her podcast has now been canceled and Spotify way overpaid for that. I know, Harry, they got a huge book deal. Harry delivered that book. Oh that four hundred page book that I couldn't get through, and he's still got two more books left on that deal. I don't know. I don't know how much they have to spend day and day out for their various expenses, but it's just kind of a wild moment of realizing again how far they've fallen. And you know, we've talked about them on the podcast before. I remember even when we watched the docuseriies, there were many moments where I related to them. I relate to Harry, and I understand and empathize that Harry was born into this a limelight like Noah, his mother died tragically. The British media was horrible to him. They tapped his phone when he was a teenager. I mean, he went through so much. But then now there is there are these moments where you're like, like, when Harry is you know, I don't know in his book and he opens the book by revealing a very private moment with his brother and his father that happened at his grandfather's funeral, and then that infamous audio where he's talking about putting cream on his frost bit.
Speaker 1: And peanuts on is Todder and I rubbed it on my Taja and he's.
Speaker 2: Thinking about his mother at the time. I'm just saying facts. This is actually what's in the book. If you haven't heard it, look up the clips.
Speaker 1: So the problem is we've gotten to a dark place there people, not everybody. I'm painting with a broadbrush, but a lot of people love the dirt. They want to hear the dirt. But when you are the one giving all the dirt, you become tainted. When you fire all your cannons at once, which Harry and Meghan did. They came out firing on all cylinders, just telling everybody everything they could and at the same time, and I think exaggerating a lot, exaggerating a ton, you know, pretending that paparazzi were chasing them, and when kind of like yesterday, nobody cared, I know at all.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying the paparazzi have never chased, but I think it was exaggerated in the docu series, and we saw it firsthand yesterday.
Speaker 1: Nobody cared. There was not the drunk guy with a bud like an couldn't even lift up his phone to take a picture. But the when you fire all your cannons at once like that, people kind of sour on you quickly, and that's what's happened with them.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, And it was interesting to hear our friends, who two of our friends are in media and in the business, two of them are not, but to just hear their takes, how they're so over them, and how they also were like kind of so grossed out by it all, you know. I think at the end of the day, what people feel is that Harry and Meghan wanted everything the royal family came with. Yeah, but then we're annoyed by it, and then I want everyone to stop talking about them, but then wanted to keep talking about it. It's like, you can't.
Speaker 1: Want the upside, but I want to do it all my terms.
Speaker 2: And you can't have it all. You can't have it always.
Speaker 1: And I think that they have also set you know, everybody has really soured on them in Hollywood because they came in hot with like Tyler Perry and Oprah and everybody's backing them and we're going to do this, We're going to do this and then we're going to take over the world. And as Bill Simmons said, they have not performed and they've not delivered because they don't want to work. They don't want to do the work. They just want to kind of it handed to them and get the riches without the spoils, without doing the effort and the work. And so this business takes a lot of effort, and they're not doing that. So, you know, it's funny. You don't hear the Tyler Perry's anymore. You don't hear the Oprahs, you don't hear all their big celebrity friends defending them and putting them forefront anymore. It's just all died away, very very quietly. And then you end up on a helipad at F one and Austin.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see what happens. I think he was there because he was friends with Lewis Hamilton is friends with him. And there were, by the way, some people who were there. We didn't even get to see our dear Caitlin Bristow. We're texting with her whole weekend. There are too many people we literally could not physically get.
Speaker 1: Till Ari and Lauren were there, yes, And I was texting with him. And the funny thing is he was I said, where were you? Because he came in as a guest of somebody and so we were in Turn nineteen. He was in Turn twelve. Logistically that was probably a couple miles away.
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask if this is rude. Huh. Well, sometimes, for example, it's hard. It's hard when you like you want to see people and you're like you physically can't see people. I wanted to see my friend Nicole, she was a volunteer at Experience Camps with me. I couldn't get to her because also we had no service. I mean, there's how many people were.
Speaker 1: There, hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 2: Literally a text wouldn't go through, so you couldn't even communicate. But sometimes, like when you and I have gone to New York before, I won't post when we're there, in part because I don't want people to not know we're not in our home. I don't know if we've ever talked about this, but you were robbed in Los Angela's Yes, and I'm still freaked out by.
Speaker 1: While I was at Pebble Beach playing in the at and t pro am, I was robbed.
Speaker 2: You were robbed, and you saw you know, our house is broken in.
Speaker 1: I watched it live because I have cameras in my house. This and this is when I was a bachelor as well. So I had cameras in my house, cameras around my house, and I literally, as all my alarms are going off, I turned on my video to watch and I saw people breaking into my house, walking around my house. I was on the phone with the cops while a gang was rummaging through my house. It was the weirdest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: And they eventually got caught and you had to go testify about it.
Speaker 1: I did, and by the way, shout out to the Lost Hill Sheriff's Department back in Westlake Village. They did. They stayed on the case, and I testified against them because I had the best video of they literally stuck their faces into cameras in my house. They didn't know I had cameras, so they were looking through my drawers and stuff and it was great.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, so I never I try to not say when we're out of town when we're actually out of town. So but sometimes also like if we go to New York for something, I don't always posts that were there because then unfortunately you get I mean, we have a lot of great friends there, and then everybody wants to see you and you it's hard to make time. Is that rude?
Speaker 1: No, it's no rude. But you know, obviously all our friends know that we live here in Austin, so already reached out. Caitlyn reached out.
Speaker 2: I wish we could have seen them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's funny. We tried it.
Speaker 2: Just we had people in town. I got a great just making excuses for us, but I feel bad and I left them and I wanted to see them.
Speaker 1: I got a really funny text message about because obviously we we kind of were putting up joking about how we wrote in a helicopter taf one yesterday. Do you remember Kaylin from Emily Maynard season of the Batch. So there was this guy he was painted as the villain.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, the guy you left on the ice? No I got the tattoo.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no though that was that was Ali Fedotowski season when we left him on a glacier. That was funny and the garden protect my Heart guy. But no, So Kaylin came in on Emily's season in a helicopter.
Speaker 2: I remember this, he wrote in and he just with the clip.
Speaker 1: So night one, everybody arrives. You know, Jeff Holme is there he came in on his back to the Future. He came in on the skateboard, and but Kaylan rode in on a helicopter. Of course, that just made him He's that guy, good guy, that guy. So I posted that yesterday and I get a text message from Kaylan of all people, and he says exactly how I would have done it, and I was like, that was so good. So Kaylin, thank you for the comedic relief. Brother. That was really funny. I love that he is still fully on brand.
Speaker 2: Some people are, you know, really bitter and don't like the way they were painted on the show. I love that he's owning it. Let's get him back on reality TV. He's having fun with it.
Speaker 1: Okay. It took me back to that, to that first night there in Charlotte, North Carolina with Emily Maynard when he wrote in that was so funny and obviously he probably didn't come up with that idea at all. I'm sure it was obviously us as producers. Well, that was our weekend greatly, So congratulations team Red Bull Max for stapping. There was controversy when a couple of the guys were disqualified, but overall it was a great experience, and it is fun when the world comes to Austin and all our friends are here because there's parties all week. It's like the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: We were also a little bit of where we weren't party poopers, what's the right word. We were invited to a couple event of events and we went to some and then on Saturday night, we just decided let's stay home, opened some great wine. We drank six bottles of wine with six people. I think, so we did well.
Speaker 1: Beautiful wines. I barbecued some steaks and look, I didn't put.
Speaker 2: Them up to a Chris Harrison volunteered to cook, and we all just stayed in and drank wine. And I was so happy with that. Sometimes I gotta say those events, some are great, some look great on Instagram, and it's not so fun.
Speaker 1: You had a great take last night as we were lamenting the fact should we have done this? Because there's always buyer's remorse. There's remorse if you go, there's a remorse if you don't go. Should I have gone to this party? And again you see Instagram, You're like, maybe that was fun? Ian Lauren. They went to a different party and honestly, they posted about it. It looked like my nightmare.
Speaker 2: Well that was like a club set, the club, strobe lights going, thousands of people music that I could not here or understand.
Speaker 1: That was my nightmare. But you had a good take last night when we were like should we have gone to this? And you said, I don't remember. You said when when these events are contrived like this for something specific, they don't often turn out, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard. I mean, look, when do we all have the most fun? If we're being honest, like I think of when events are when parties and that stuff is pulled together for an event, it's it's just basic social stuff. It's a lot of people who don't know each other. You're you're just there trying to look good and take a good picture. But you're kind of spending the whole night meeting new people and so maybe you make a nice connection, but it's a lot of small talk. You're not going to remember it as the best night of your life.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, it's New Year's so much pressures put it.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're having a party at your if you know we're gonna have a Halloween party, When we're having a Halloween party at our house. I'm putting a lot of effort in. I want it, but we're inviting everybody we know we're gonna have fun. Or honestly, even I will give a little more credit to like the Oscars of the Golden Globes or some of those things. It's very much an industry party, so people tend to know each other, so that can be a little more fun. But something like yeah, a bunch of people coming in from out of town to f one. It's a lot of meeting new people and you can make new connections. But I don't think you're gonna remember it as that was one of the best nights ever and you certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the EEDM Club music. That's not for you.
Speaker 1: But it was a very sporty sports weekend because you know, football is going on, Baseball playoffs are going on at Texas Rangers, God bless them. We have Game seven tonight, so sorry, we're watching sports again tonight. And there was Formula one, so Lauren has really really warn it. You have worn it hard. God bless you. You have given at the office this week. Wo you deserve a break, thank you. Yeah, you're not going to get one. Tonight, but you deserve a break.
Speaker 2: Well, let's take a break and then we'll talk about a little bit of celebrity news and relationship stuff to veer away from the sports.
Speaker 1: So among all the sports this weekend with Formula one football, baseball, another little story dropped about Meryl Streep, and this god is thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, the latest celebrity trend in relationships seems to be the secret separation. So first, we heard a week or so ago about Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith and she reveals that they have been secretly separated for years. All I hear from all my friends is Jada, can you please stop revealing so much? We don't need to learn anymore. We don't need to hear any more where it's just too much at this point, like we're burnt out.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's going full Megan and Harry it is. It's any sympathy empathy we had for Jada is gone. She seems to have really worn that out.
Speaker 2: And on the heels of that, now news kind of came up out of nowhere that Meryl Streep and her husband are secretly separated and have been for six years. And this was interesting to me. Because I look as a member of the media formerly currently, I don't know. I definitely saw that headline and thought, okay, here's what happened. In newsrooms, they saw that Jada and Will and the secret separation was clicking. So then when this other news of Merrill and her husband were secretly separated, all of a sudden, it was framed as another secret separation because it's like trending and the algorithm's going, and that's what you can call it. What we were wondering is is a secret separation a thing like if you're a celebrity. I don't know that you necessarily have to announce that you've broken up. I don't think that you have to do that. And I'm not sure a lot of people knew Meryl Streep was even married.
Speaker 1: I was to say I thought Meryl had a secret marriage because I when when this news came out, I had to oh, I had no idea she was married. I don't know much about Meryl Streep's for a private life or personal life.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've been married.
Speaker 1: She's one of my favorite actresses of all time.
Speaker 2: She's a person who it's like she's married. I knew she's married and she has kids. Some of her kids act, but her husband isn't someone who would like like, he's not super well right. It's kind of an Oprah and Sedman situation.
Speaker 1: I think foots. But let's kick over that, ann Hill. But it is a I agree with you as someone who publicly got divorced and you know, hosted a relationship show all about love and got divorced. I kept mine a secret for quite some time I was separated, and.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't even know how that came out. Did you announce it or did it get revealed and you didn't know it was ring No.
Speaker 1: I released it via We released a statement to People magazine and it was oddly enough to bring her back up. It was during Emily Maynard season. It all kind of happened during the season before, but then it really came to be during Emily Maynard season and I was about to hit the road for the Exotic Overnights, so I took the kids so we could leave the country and on a Friday night, we were going to release this statement, and as I was kind of heading to the airport, I got a call from one of the publicists at ABC and they said, we just got a call. This is really weird. Are you in your ex getting a divorce? I said, well, yes, it's about to come out in People magazine and whatever. So we had kept it for months and months a total secret.
Speaker 2: Got it. But then you did ultimately release this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then we did release a statement.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm looking up here. Okay, I knew Meryl Streep's husband name was Don Gummer. He's a sculptor. So see, he's not even in the business. Maybe I'll say it's a Dolly Parton and her husband's situation. But I okay, so they've been separated for six years, spokesperson says, and I just it's also an interesting question of if you've been married for a really long time, uh huh, and you're done, like there's no hard feelings, but you're separating because let's Marylyn Dunn separated six years famous or not? Do you have to get divorced or is it like just easier to say we're separated, but like, you know, legally financially, what do you think.
Speaker 1: Depends on age? I guess depends on where you are in your life, Like is Meryl Streep ever going to want to date and fall in love again, because then if Meryl Streep or whoever seen on the streets of New York with somebody else, like, oh, she's cheating. Like if I never announced a good point, if I never announced my divorce, since people saw us making out together, they'd be like, dude, that guy for the Bachelor's cheating on his wife.
Speaker 2: And you know what, that's a good point because then the public will never believe you were They'll always think there was an affair or something, even if you say, wait, no, we were separated for six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you trying to back into it.
Speaker 2: And that's part of what makes the Will and Jada thing so confusing, Like I don't even understand it anymore, because you know, she talked about how she had what was the word indiscretions or I forget. They sort of implied that they'd seen other people at different points. I don't know.
Speaker 1: How about Hugh Jackman and announcing his divorce.
Speaker 2: That now, that is a I think a full on split, and that was very out of nowhere Tomy and I. Hugh Jackman, he's like the guy every mom I know has a called my mom, Yes, oh so obsessed with you Jackman. I mean, now they all think they have a shot. I was kind of like Hugh Jackman and Sophia Vergara, they're both single now well stunningly very good looking coming but it is a I that's my thing.
Speaker 1: I guess to answer your question then would be yes, one hundred percent. I think you need to announce it, just let it out there, because you want to live your life and I wouldn't want to live in secret where everybody just assumes we're together and excellent.
Speaker 2: You want it, you want to move on now, speaking of living in the public eye, another interesting celebrity relationship revealed. Drew bear Moore has revealed that she has been in kind of an on off relationship situationship for like three and a half years, which is interesting because she's kind of talked publicly about not being able to find anyone to date and.
Speaker 1: All that met him on Riah the dating app, which.
Speaker 2: Had a real moment. It was a celebrity dating app. Well you had to you had to be referred by a friend, and it was allegedly this secret Pighan dating app.
Speaker 1: Tenfoil conspiracy theory. Okay, of who this might be because we don't know yet. He might be involved in Formula One. So this weekend here in Austin, Texas, I'm looking at some pictures. Drew Barrymore was here, but she wasn't just here like hanging out. She was with Team Red Bull and like really entrenched with them. She had a Red Bull jersey on. She was in the pits with the Red Bull team. She was with the like taking pictures with the pit crew and the car. And that's not a like. I don't think Drew Barrymore Formula One, team Red Bull, what is the connection? There's this is my conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, I think you could be very.
Speaker 1: Might be dating someone from Team Red Bull.
Speaker 2: And it would make sense with what she just said, because basically, she came out and said that she was inspired to not keep this soweto wraps anymore. She wants to be feel more free and not be so scared and go more public with this relationship because she saw Taylor Swift at all of Travis Kelsey's football games so early on. Drew basically said, Taylor's just started dating this guy. She's living her life. She's not in hiding. I want to do the same. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: When this comes out, just say you heard it here First, there's someone in Team Red Bull.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's a driver because Max her stapping is.
Speaker 1: Different cri it wouldn't be Max.
Speaker 2: You know, it's someone I know he has a different girlfriend. He's stating a model or yeah. And so she after me looking him up on ranker dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they were kissing after the big win yesterday. So that's just my total. I have zero evidence or science behind this. Just I was putting two and two together and I heard this story and the other thing that made me think about it when she said she was on Riah and that's where they met. I'm like, who else would have been on Riyah? A guy that was kind of famous, kind of in the world.
Speaker 2: If you hadn't heard of Riyah? Could you didn't have to be like a celebrity, You could be just you know, you.
Speaker 1: Were supposed to be someone of somewhat prominence.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone successful in their field, and you had to be referred by people to be on the app.
Speaker 1: And that Formula one World is just sexy enough to be on Riah. So just food for thought, kids. But it is interesting that I understand the pressure of wanting to keep things secret. So do you when we started dating. We were under wraps for six months before we decided, okay, let's do this publicly, because again, you don't want to date and break up and date and break up publicly because you have to relive it and live it and then and then it gets brought up. Our picture is in every magazine every time Chris is dating someone new that there's the picture of Laura and he was just dating her three months ago. And now you have this track record and it helps Taylor swift. It's her brand. You can write songs about it. Those pictures don't hurt her. I don't want to relive every person I've ever dated and be seen that much, so I didn't mind flying under the radar. My thing with Drew Barrymore that I also thought was interesting. Girl, it's been three and a half years. So she was saying, I'm excited, I'm inviting him to a wedding. We're going to kind of go public. Damn, three and a half years.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: That's a long time. It's a long.
Speaker 2: Time to not invite someone just if you're a normal person to be like, we've been dating three years and I'm just now going to bring them as my date to a wedding.
Speaker 1: It makes me question their relationship more than anything.
Speaker 2: It feels I would bring someone to a wedding as my date after a matter of months of dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, if it gets out you and I did do that. We were at parties, we were at events, not public events. They were things that you and I from friends. So look if it had leaked out because of that, fine, But you know, never doing something just like going to a wedding, something so simple, I'm like, Wow, that's who.
Speaker 2: Do you introduce someone to first when you're dating your friends or your family friends? Friends? For sure.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I did with you.
Speaker 2: That's what I think, That's what I've always done. I mean, you you want to go out socially and you want to know what your friends think. And then when it's more serious family. A wedding is interesting because friends and family could be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you just said something very interesting friends, because family is more judgmental, judgmental, protective. Just that you know, traditionally that's a step meaningful. Yeah, it's that step. Whether it is real or not. Maybe it's just made up in our minds from Hollywood, all those years of meet the parents. It's just there is that proverbial meet the parent moment. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: So how soon is too soon to introduce someone to your family or to go very public and have them meet all your people in your relationship.
Speaker 1: It depends so many variables, how old you are, what stage I mean, it's I thought it honestly at our age. I think it's a little more casual and say, your parents live in town, you're just together. You know, for us our parent it was a bigger deal because our parents live out of town. There was a conscious effort this is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, it had to happen when they came into town. I do think if you have young kids that something to consider, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think I've been in relationships before where I met someone's family too soon at like and not because I wanted to. They wanted to introduce me, and I felt like, this is moving too fast and I should have spoken up more. And because also when you get to know someone's family. I've cautioned my siblings against this. It can sometimes accelerate the seriousness or amplify a connection you think you have with someone because actually you're connecting with their family or I would throw friends into this too, like just be aware that you really like the person, that you aren't loving their whole world, and that that's over inflating how good your relationship is. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It does, no, one hundred percent. I've met parents too early, and it's whether it was intended or not. It puts so much pressure on the relationship. In me, I'm like, damn, I know her mom now, Like it's you know, and if and then you get the if she's on the phone with her mom, she'll put her on speaker on with Chris and they're like, Hi, we're not here yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I don't want to be saying hi to mom on on the speakerphone yet.
Speaker 2: I know, because it feels so big. It does. But yeah, Drew Barrymore, I mean this is their direct quote. I invited him to a wedding next weekend and he said, wow, after three and a half years, you are going to invite me to a wedding. Drew, I side with the guy. I think you could have taken him to a wedding sooner. I agree.
Speaker 1: It makes me question the relationship more than get excited about it. But we will see if it comes to bear fruit on the f one side. But it was a great weekend. We have a busy couple of weeks ahead and I hope everybody is doing good as we head into Halloween and this time of year. It has been and so good talking to you and LZ. I just want to make it public. We are not secretly separated.
Speaker 2: We're secretly on our way to being No, we're publicly on our way to being very much together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're publicly on this path to being married. And I couldn't be more excited about it, and I couldn't be more excited to talk to all of you each and every time we get the opportunity to do this, and we will do it again because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.